Adventure 5: Different Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:45 am

Daphne
You've been dozing in a can for a while, but this godawful sound has woken you up.

Quantum
Well, that thing is awake. You're sure it's single squawk can be heard for miles. All the caravan staff is avoiding it.

Beanpole
You've been on the trail of MARS for some time. After a harrowing experience during your tour with the Ishpeming Good Housekeeping Allstars of North America, you decided that maybe the rough and tumble life of a mercenary and part-time demon hunter isn't quite so bad. Besides, it's more fun to cook for people you like.

You're pretty sure you've caught up to them at a town called Testament. The shrieking sound of a dragon about confirms it in your mind. Yep, that's gotta be them alright.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:20 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 95 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 29

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 68 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 42 / 40%
Language: Dragonese/Elven -- 1d100 = 72 / 85%

The noise raises the hairs on the back of Samantha's neck, Shit! Grabbing of her helmet and rifle she runs out of her room and down the hall to where the Dragon man/beast was being held. Slapping her helmet back on, I hope this thing is in a good mood and not going to cause trouble...

Samantha raises her left hand in a stop like motion, her movements slow and concise, "Calm down," she speaks in Dragoneese. A language Thoar was willing to teach her when she first came to Rifts Earth. "We mean you no harm, but we need you not to make such a racket." hoping her soothing voice and calm demeanor can get the dragon man to stop and talk.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beanpole » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 61/43%
JIC 1d20 = 3
JIC 1d100 = 87

Radio: Basic 1d100 = 65/85%

Beanpole looks over his shoulder at the big canvas bags he's carrying, tied onto the end of the Devil's Toothpick. He thinks, not for the first time, I wish I had a big hover barge to store all of this extra gear.

Shrieking dragons though, that seems like PAS...or MARS these days.

He looks around for a moment, taking in the surroundings. Bean is not generally one to rush into a situation. That whole thing with the Allstars still gives him pause. He'd never had cantaloupes before that, and never will again.

He cycles through his stored radio frequencies in the Glitter Boy, hoping he still has one from way back in the early PAS days:
"He ya'll, any of the ol' folks round 'bout from Paragorn Aq'sition Servises, hear ya'll done changed yer name to Mers or some durn thing lik-a-that. This here, well, if't you taint cotton'd to it yet, well, I's Beanpole lookin' to join up fer a spell."
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Daphne » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 69
Conditions: None.


Daphne opens one eye and then the other. "Ugggh!" Daphne groans as she tries to sit upright. What the hell is going on now? Daphne thinks as she scans for her boots in the dark. "Someone better be dying." Daphne says to herself, as obviously no one likely could hear her. After a few more moments of serching, Daphne has success and begins to pull the first boot on, mildly entertained as a the magnetic collar clicks when her pants cuff gets close enough. Another boot goes on much the same, before Daphne gets out of her bed. Stepping out of the can brings another set of obscenities about the sun being mean. Several moments and much bitching later Daphne looks around for the source of her now awokeness.

"The hell is going on?" Daphne asks trying to stifle a yawn only partially successful. Rubbing one eye and then the other, Daphne looks at Beckett. Hopefully she knows what's going on. How long have i been out?
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Perception: 40%1d100 = 59
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 56

As Rocky leaves the Sheriff’s office, He tells Ernest, “Lets head back to the compound. I‘ll radio ahead to inform the others about the meeting.”

Rocky keys the mike and speaks, “Samm, Ernest and I are leaving the Sheriff’s office. The Sheriff would like one of the heads to see if they can clarify some items about the charge we have.”

The Rocky hears the shriek, “What the hell was that all about?” He turns to Ernest, “Lets double-time to the compound.”

Rocky picks up the pace. “What in hell just happened. Is John OK? I hope this won’t make the town kick us out right away. We do need some down time.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:17 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

As Samantha is running towards the shriek, she hears the familiar voice of Beanpole. Where did that lugg come from? "Beanpole, glad your in the area. We are holed up in Testament, and..." she turns a corner. "Probably could use your help." her voice trails off as she starts to speak Dragoneese as her radio cuts off.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:28 am

Perception:1d100 = 87 / 32%
JIC:1d20 = 6 / 1d100 = 15
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)



Rocky wrote:“Lets double-time to the compound.”



Ernstweavel is surprised by the urgency in Rocky's voice. He matches pace as the duo quickly make the return back to the barge. ”Seesh. We leave them alone for two minutes and there is already trouble? Well, better go see if we can help. You set the pace and I'll be right behind you.” Did our new friend decide that we are a fri-enemy and decide to attack. Let's hope not. As Ernstweael arrives back at the caravan, he scans for any imminent signs of a struggle or attack. He also looks around to see what the other members of the caravan are doing if he can see any. (Anthropology 55% / 1d100 = 98 - to judge the movement and actions of the caravan members. To see if the are acting in a normal fashion.)
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:02 am

Beckett & Daphne
No sooner does Daphne clamber out of the can she's been napping in, Beckett sprints by, babbling on the radio and clearly oblivious to the sound and fury signifying nothing that is coming from the Robot Pilot's mouth. Beckett manages to get her statement across before Daphne arrives to ask her question.

The dragon mutters in something indiscernible language. Then it says in dragonese with a distinctive accent "I require fresh meat still moving. Will your companion do, or do I have to look elsewhere?"

Neither of you notice the not at all stealthy Glitter Boy walk up behind Daphne. Neither of you*.

Beanpole
Lo and behold, a hoverbarge! It's by far the biggest vehicle of several in what appears to be a designated campsite and parking ground. From the direction the nearby people are looking, it was also the source of the loud squak you heard earlier.

Boarding the thing, you eventually come up to Quantuum or Mis Beckett talking with a human female you don't recognize and a 8' tall dragon-man thing that clearly looks hungry to a culinary expert.

Ernstweavel & Rocky
The townsfolk obviously also heard the shriek. There's a whole lot of staring the direction of MARS' camp, and a small random smattering of people grabbing weapons from inside houses and under counters and walking that direction. Slowly, in comparison to your own pace.

You arrive within eyesight of the barge roughly the same time as a well-used Glitter Boy boards it.

*What amazing perception scores, guys! :mrgreen:
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:01 am

Perception:1d100 = 26 / 32%

JIC:1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 33

Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)




Ernstweavel observes the not so small glitter boy walk into the barge. A heavy feeling starts to ball up in his stomach. His heart skips a beat or two, as his throat goes dry. Able to muster enough saliva before speaking, he swallows and clears his throat. ”Who the hell was that? Are we under some type of attack? We should hurry inside? You check on the rest of the crew and I’ll go and check on our new friend with the loud voice. If you see the big guy then give a holler.” Ernstweavel then proceeds to enter the barge preparing to find the worst. Not waiting for a response from Rocky, he sprints the rest of the way into the barge. His hand above his gun ready to draw or use his magic. His other hand firmly gripping his staff. I had a bad feeling about leaving the shock dragon alone with so little safeguards in place. let us hope that no one is hurt and the shrieking was our friend just being startled. Maybe he’s being affect the same way Miho had experienced?
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Daphne » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:33 am

Perception: 1d100 = 73/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 2; 1d100 = 8
Conditions: None.

Daphne looks at the Shock Dragon and is suddenly very confused. When it talks she is even more confused as she has no idea what it is saying. Daphne isn't too keen on how the creature is looking at her though. "Why the hell do we have this onboard?" Daphne asks shaking her head in some disbelief. I have apparently missed something drastic. Daphne thinks confusedly.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:02 am

Perception: 65%1d100 = 78
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 86


Rocky responds to Ernst with a broadcast, "Mars check in with name and location? we have a gliter boy on the Barge, not sure if it is friend or foe, and the towns people are getting their guns."

Rocky turns to the own folk and in a loud calming voice, "Calm down everyone, we are getting things under control. see the Glitterboy is there, he won't let anything happen to you good folk."

Invoke trust 84% 1d100 = 90
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:19 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 29 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 25

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 5 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 48 / 40%
Language: Dragonese/Elven -- 1d100 = 17 / 85%
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 42 / 115%

Samantha cringes as Daphne is rather mean to their fairly loud guest. But she replies to the Shock Dragon, "No, she is not edible. Besides she's fairly bony. We will get you a cow, or some sort of farm animal. It will take a little time, but I will need you to calm down."

She flicks on her teams communications, and patches Beanpole into the team frequency. "MARS, the noise is our guest. He has awoken and is rather hungry. An old colleague, Beanpole is in the Glitterboy. John's not around, so we will need to get him some live food. A cow, sheep or something. Rocky or Earnst can you make that happen."
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:48 am

(((Rolls Carry over )))

Rocky stops dead in his tracks As he hears Samm say,

"MARS, the noise is our guest. He has awoken and is rather hungry. An old colleague, Beanpole is in the Glitterboy. John's not around, so we will need to get him some live food. A cow, sheep or something. Rocky or Earnst can you make that happen."


"What the Hell! I'm now a catering service!" He Keys the Mic, and acknowledges Samm, "Recon One Copies, one meals on feetes coming up. Any particular Sauce?"

Rocky turns toward the town folk and speaks in a loud voice, "Things are under control he is just hungry. We need to buy a few live Sheep and or goats. Maybe two of each if they are small."

Rocky looks at the crowd coming forward and sizes them up, "OK, I have a new CFT Auto Shooter here for the one that brings me a few sheep and goats. Any takers ?"

Charm and Impress: 84% 1d100 = 43

"Where the hell is Mary and her little lambs, She could make a killing in this market."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:51 am

( Rolls Carried Over )

Beckett wrote:"MARS, the noise is our guest. He has awoken and is rather hungry. An old colleague, Beanpole is in the Glitterboy. John's not around, so we will need to get him some live food. A cow, sheep or something. Rocky or Earnst can you make that happen."

Ernstweavel tempers his pace to a dead slow, as he hears the echoes of the radios. Taking a deep breath he lost out a sigh of relief. The color returns to the whites of his knuckles as he loosens his grip on the staff. He is almost at the door before he notices that Rock has turn his attention towards the crowd that's gathering. Turning around, Ernstweavel makes his way back to Rocky and the growing crowd.

Rocky wrote:"Things are under control he is just hungry. We need to buy a few live Sheep and or goats. Maybe two of each if they are small."

Rocky looks at the crowd coming forward and sizes them up, "OK, I have a new CFT Auto Shooter here for the one that brings me a few sheep and goats. Any takers ?"


”You should listen to my friend, here. We have the situation under control. I can assure you his off his genuine and more than fair. It's was a simple mistake of not being prepared. We're sorry the alarm and won't let it happen again. If somebody could help us out please, that would be great.” he puts it is free hand up, in a sign to look less ominous and help reassure that there is no threat. Doing what he can t ok help ease the tension.

(Anthropology 55% /1d100 = 97 To help with small nuances of hand gestures and standing positions of the local culture.)(Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% /1d100 = 3)
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:25 pm

The Beginning of the MARS Catering Service

Beanpole, Beckett and Daphne
Whatever Beckett said the the dragon-man thing made it give Daphne a look that seemed almost dejected, then it hisses and looks away. More indecipherable language, followed by "Hungry." The thing appraises Beckett obviously, then looks away again.

Beckett realizes suddenly that there is a giant silver power armor behind Daphne. When did he get there?

Rocky and Ernstweavel
The crowd doesn't seem to be calmed by Rocky's first appeal, but they at least stop to ponder his bargain. Not that anyone knows what he's talking about, exactly. This being pretty firmly Bandito Arms and Wilks-Remi territory. However after displaying the item in question, and polishing over Ernst's accidental use of an offensive local gesture, the pair manage to get a couple people scampering off to find the required animals.

The crowd of locals keeps growing however. One would guess a full 5% of the town is either near the camp with the duo, or approaching from the edge of town already. By the time a man who is whistling a tune shows up with three of each of the requested animal, another 1-2% of the community can be seen approaching from the outskirts. The general mood has shifted from cautious to curious, however.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 69 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 4 | 1d100 = 74

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 86 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 38 / 40%
Language: Dragonese/Elven -- 1d100 = 18 / 85%
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 1 / 115%

That was quick! As Samantha scans around her. "Welcome back Bean, do you mind sticking around and making everyone honest?" she says to the armored soldier. Quickly she triggers her comm with the rest of MARS. "Team, Beanpole is here with me. Let's see if we can placate it with a meal, sooner than later. ETA on the farm animals?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 9
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 78

Rocky keeps an eye on the good town folk, then decides to Inform the rest, “Recon one here, to Mars. We have, requested the good town folk of bringing us some food for our guest it might take a few mins so keep him busy. I will keep you informed of the food? Oh, by the way, it cost me a new pistol, not sure what I get.”

As the crowd, get bigger, “Man we should be selling tickets to this show a meal and a show!”
Need Sign, Bring Sheep Feed Dragonman"


Rocky turns to Ernest and speaks, “How good are you at entertaining a crowd? We should be out here selling, Snake Oil and Dr. Good.” He finally hears a whistling, and sees

a man who is whistling a tune shows up with three of each of the requested animal


Over the radio, “Recon One, we have a man with three Sheep and three goats for the new friend. I hope he might not use all. MARS food delivery has been created, don’t forget the tip.”

Rocky nods to Ernest, "Take one to guest." He hands over the pistol to the man.Then takes the lead on the ropes to lead the rest back to the barge.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Perception:1d100 = 81 / 32%
JIC:1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 82
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


Shit. Note to self, don't ever do that again. I didn't think it was THAT bad. Hey, but at least we got the crowd settled. Kinda want to know why that are still gathering, thou. If only I was a little more personable Ernstweavel is keeping a vigilant eye out for anything suspicious (I.D. Undercover Agent 34% / 1d100 = 63 ), when he hears someone whistling. He looks in the direction to where the noise is originating from. Focusing his attention to the the whistling man and noticing a slew of animals in tow. Getting a bit excited that someone decided to take him up on his offer. He raises his hand and beckons the man to come close. ”Thank you very much, kind sir. This this should be more than adequate to fulfill our needs.” Ernstweavel leans in towards Rocky. He lowers his voice and speaking in soft tones. ”If this crowd keeps on growing, I don't know if we would be able to keep them passive. I mean if they start getting rowdy, then we don't have the manpower to contain the situation. Since you have the better people skills, I'll go and deliver them meal and return as quickly as I can to help disperse the crowd. Unless you got something else in mind.”

Rocky wrote:Rocky nods to Ernest, "Take one to guest." He hands over the pistol to the man.Then takes the lead on the ropes to lead the rest back to the barge.


”Yep. I'll get on that. Serving for coming right up. Do you think he wants any sauce to go with it?” Ernstweavel asks jokingly before taking one of the leads to the requested animals. Afterwards he starts to make his way back to the barge.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Beanpole » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:13 pm

"Hrmmmph," Beanpole looks in wonder at the situation. He doesn't really know how to react to this situation. The bellowing dragon creature seems in discomfort, but Bean's normal reaction is to shoot such things in the head at point blank range with a Boom Gun.

He keys the loudspeaker, "Well, Ms Beckett, I ain't sure what's the co'rect so'lution fer this here sitiation. Reckin' I'd best shoot that thar thang?"

He swings the Devil's Toothpick in his left hand so the pointy end is only a foot or so from the shock dragon.
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments


HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot


NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)


Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
User avatar
Beanpole
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm

The MARS Traveling Show?

The thing is threatened by the towering silver figure and then fed in short order as Earnstweavel arrives with the meal. One gross scene later, the dragon thing is licking red off it's face and claws. The crowd that has formed is still curious about what's going on.

A few of the younger ones let their curiosity get the best of them- Rocky spots a pair of teens clamber onto MARS' hoverbarge as he handles most of the animals.

Again the dragon thing starts off in a language nobody understands before switching to Dragonese "Better. You see demons? Demons near here. Me hunt demons. Need to find brothers, kill demon."
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:45 am

Perception:1d100 = 29 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 10
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


"Better. You see demons? Demons near here. Me hunt demons. Need to find brothers, kill demon."


Language: Dragonese/Elven 59% 1d100 = 89 - to try and communicate to the shock dragon. Fail
Language: Dragonese/Elven 59% 1d100 = 90Fail
Language: Dragonese/Elven 59% 1d100 = 32 Suscess

”It's food that your better. No I have not seen any demons around here but we need to make sure that we trust an remain as calm as possible. We up setting the local and we don't need enemies on two fronts. Do you know in which direction we should start to look for your brothers? I'm afraid I haven't seen any signs of them, either. Is there anything else I can get you in the meantime? If there is nothing more you can add then I'll go and confer with my compatriots, to try and find your brothers.”

Ernstweavel waits for any further information the shock dragon is willing to give. After the exchange, Ernstweavel turns away and looks over at the newbie. Well if Beckett thinks you're ok, then I guess that's good enough for me. At least for now. Should keep an eye on him for a little while. He walks back out side of the barge. On his way out, Ernstweavel stops and updates Beckett with the new information. Once outside, he moves over to where Rocky is. ”You need some help with the crowd still? Our friend is feed and satisfied, for now. He says there are demons nearby and he needs to find his brothers. We should disperse the crowd and then make preparations to move out."
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 39
JIC d20: 1d20 = 9
JIC d100: 1d100 = 28

As Rocky herds the animals he that there are a few teens climbing aboard the Barge. He quickly keys the Mic, “Recon one, to Mars there are a few teens climbing on board the barge. Catch them before they get in to too much trouble. If they want to see something tell them the cost will be, two Goats or Sheep per person.”

Rocky adds, “If they don’t have them then we are turning them over to the Sheriff.”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Previous

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests