Adventure 5: Different Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Thu May 02, 2019 10:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4
JIC (100): 1d100 = 71
Conditions: None




Sweat forming on his brow, Felix balances precariously on the wooden post rising several feet off the ground.

"You lack focus!" says the Japanese man as he sharply whacks Felix's shin once again, causing the young felinoid to wince in pain. "Concentrate!" says the master.

Felix briefly considers activating his Deaden Pain power, but as quickly as the thought arises, he quashes it. He's right... thinks the Flying Tiger, knowing that only good old-fashioned hard work and discipline will teach him the ways of Teng-Jutsu - something he came all the way out to the remote Colorado Baronies to learn.

"Of course I'm right!" said the wizened old man as he knocks Felix's leg out from under him with a swift and well-placed palm to the back of the felinoid's ankle, causing Felix to fall to the ground. Thankfully, the Flying Tiger's acrobatic training gets him back on his feet in no time.

"Now, my furry visitor... let us talk of why you are here once more..." the old man says intently as he stares into the bright green eyes of the mutant felinoid in front of him, unfazed by the fact that Felix is nearly two feet taller and rippling with muscle.




The memory fades as Felix fondly smiles. It seems like only yesterday... he thinks as he recalls his intensive training and the reason he had come to the Colorado Baronies in the first place only two years ago. After a few odd jobs found through MercTown, he had discovered the Golden Dragon Dojo and had begun his martial arts training there. The head instructor noticed Felix's natural acrobatic and athletic talents, and his propensity for light hearted antics, and had pulled him aside one day, telling him that he could aspire to more by training in the extremely rare style of Teng-Jutsu - but, alas, the only master in North America had retired to the remote Colorado Baronies. Undeterred, Felix flew to the Baronies to investigate and, after a long period of hazing and character-probing, was accepted as a student of the old man and trained with him until he had mastered the basics of the rare martial art.

Snapping back to the present, Felix notices people moving quickly toward the edge of town. He hears the words of passers by: "Hover barge"... "dragon"... and that's enough to get his attention. Walking with the crowd, he makes his way to the location of the "traveling show" and takes in the scene, arriving just in time to see the crowd disperse after a group of folks with a dragon shooed them off.

This must be the traveling show I heard about... he thinks as he eyes the group. Knowing that he ran into CS patrols on his way out to the Baronies (which he barely escaped with his life), and not willing to put his newly acquired "stealth" armor to a "trial by fire" quite yet, he decides that maybe, just maybe, there could be some value in traveling with a group like this.

A pair of damas, a few armored hombres with guns in their hands, a guy with a weird staff - must be a mago of some sort - a Glitter Boy(!), a dragon of some sort, and what looks like another mutant animal - looks like a primate of some kind. This could work... he thinks, and seeing Saul helps him realize that it doesn't hurt that he's a mutant animal himself.

He approaches the group of seeming misfits at a casual pace, and puts on his best "friendly face"...

"Ahh... Perdón, señores..." he says in a thick accent reminiscent of anyone who's ever had to learn English as a secondary language while being a native Spanish speaker.

"I am looking for a group to travel with that is heading toward Merctown. Are you headed in that direction?" he asks expectantly, while pointing in the direction of MercTown.

Seeing Saul, one mutant animal nods at the other with a wink and an acknowledging nod.
Last edited by Felix on Mon May 06, 2019 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Thu May 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 36
JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 76

After the crowd disperses, Saul rests a bit easier, knowing only he and this merc company are at immediate risk should this dragon become hostile. His respite is temporary, however, as he sees a mutant animal - a tiger at that - approaching the barge.

Saul takes a few steps toward the newcomer. Sensing no evil from him, he is comforted.

Felix wrote:"Ahh... Perdón, señores... I am looking for a group to travel with that is heading toward Merctown. Are you headed in that direction?"


Coincidentally enough, I too was seeking a route to Merctown. This group..." He pauses, realizing he'd not yet learned the name of their company, "I am told, operates out of Merctown. I am Saul. And you are...?"

He extends a simian hand to the tall tiger. Shaking his hand, he gestures around. "This is Ernstweavel, Rocky, and Daphne. Their leader, Beckett, I believe, is on the barge with the dragon. I am afraid I've not met the Glitterboy, or the others in the caravan."

If Saul catches Rocky's eye he will wave him over.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 am

Perception:1d100 = 81 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 34
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


Saul wrote:"If there is need of a translator for this creature, I can serve."


”Well, I do believe that most of us can translate for the creature but a translator in general is always a needed. I, my self can speak there languages. How many can you speak?

Felix wrote:Ahh... Perdón, señores..." he says in a thick accent reminiscent of anyone who's ever had to learn English as a secondary language while being a native Spanish speaker.

"I am looking for a group to travel with that is heading toward Merctown. Are you headed in that direction?" he asks expectantly, while pointing in the direction of MercTown.


Saul wrote:"This is Ernstweavel, Rocky, and Daphne. Their leader, Beckett, I believe, is on the barge with the dragon. I am afraid I've not met the Glitterboy, or the others in the caravan."


Ernstweavel turns and sees another mutant. This time a a cat. Greeting the man, he gives a nod of acknowledgment. Yes, this group does work out of Merctown and yes we'll be returning there shortly. If you would like to join a us, I have no objections but you'll have to get the final approval from Beckett, tho. First we should pass it by Rocky. See what he thinks first. He usually sees things from a different perspective then I do.” Geez, first the dragon, than a monkey, now a cat. We really are looking like a circus. At least we will have a legit cover, as to why we are in town. Just as long as they dont have me doing stupid parlor tricks, like pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Rocky wrote:“What do you want to do? Where are you going to go? I would suggest that if you stay here those forces are going to hunt you down. They will shoot first then ask questions. I think you would be a good Mercenary. Or if you are going to stay here you will have to prove yourself. Actions speak louder than words.”


Maybe he doesn't have a name for where he's going but then it might be different from the one we know. I should go get a map, maybe he can point to where he is going. Having the shockdragon would be a tremendous help to our team. And then, not sure if we want the upkeep of having a farm just to feed him. I ain't shoveling up any shit. At that point I think we would make him feed himself. Ernstweavel fetches a map to show the shockdragon, when Rocky takes a pause. Upon returning he will show the shockdragon the map and instruct him to point on the map. Afterwards when the group is all gathered, Ernstweavel speaks up. ”So, what's the next course of actions? Are we staying here a bit longer or we rolling out in the morning? I think there has been enough entertainment in this town for a while.

Skill Rolls
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% / 1d100 = 30 - to help get accurate information from the shockdragon
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri May 03, 2019 6:52 am

**ROLLS HELD**




Saul wrote:Coincidentally enough, I too was seeking a route to Merctown. This group..." He pauses, realizing he'd not yet learned the name of their company, "I am told, operates out of Merctown. I am Saul. And you are...?"

He extends a simian hand to the tall tiger.


Felix kneels to be at eye level with Saul, reaches out with both hands and clasps Saul's hand warmly in them, and nods his head with his eyes closed for a moment, as if greeting an important person.

"El gusto es mio, mi amigo," he says to Saul sincerely, and then flashes a toothy grin. "It is eh... my..eh... pleasure to meet you, Señor Saul," he says, to helpfully translate in case his new friend does not speak Spanish. When Felix says Saul's name, it sounds like two syllables instead of one: "Saa-ool". "I am Miguel Reyes, of the Omaguan Air Force... but..eh.. people know me as 'Felix'," says the Flying Tiger with a hint of pride when he mentions the Omaguan Air Force.

Tengo un buen presentimiento sobre este persona mono* he thinks to himself.

Saul wrote:Shaking his hand, he gestures around. "This is Ernstweavel, Rocky, and Daphne. Their leader, Beckett, I believe, is on the barge with the dragon. I am afraid I've not met the Glitterboy, or the others in the caravan."


Felix stands and greets the others in the group that Saul mentioned, offering them each his handshake and a friendly smile.

"Señor Er...". Felix's brow furrows as he tries to pronounce the name again. "Er-nesta-wee-bal" struggles the native Spanish speaker with the unusual name as he greets Ernstweavel warmly.

"Señor Rocky," he says with a nod (pronounciation sounds like "roe-kee") and the same warm smile.

He pauses when he gets to Daphne and his eyes light up a bit as he looks her over, finding her unusual appearance fascinating, but still appealing. He especially notices her WWII style flight jacket and "pilot" style of dress.

Esta mujer tiene estilo!** he thinks to himself as he extends the same courtesy as he has to the others and says to Daphne, "Señorita Da-fa-nee," he says, before following up with, "Admiro tu sentido del estilo!" with a nod of approval. Realizing that she might not understand, he says to her, "eh... I admire your es-tyle" while pointing at his own WWII style jacket in a clear reference to Daphne's "pilot" garb.

He then looks toward the barge for this "Beckett" person whom Ernstweavel mentioned, seeing if he can spot her.

Ernstweavel wrote:"Yes, this group does work out of Merctown and yes we'll be returning there shortly. If you would like to join a us, I have no objections but you'll have to get the final approval from Beckett, tho. First we should pass it by Rocky. See what he thinks first. He usually sees things from a different perspective then I do.”


"Claro que si!" he replies, and then quickly follows up with the translation: "Of course!" with a smile, and turns to Rocky.

Spanish Translations
* = I have a good feeling about this monkey person
** = The lady has style!
Last edited by Felix on Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Fri May 03, 2019 7:25 am

(Rolls carried forward)

Ernstweavel wrote:”Well, I do believe that most of us can translate for the creature but a translator in general is always a needed. I, myself can speak there languages. How many can you speak?"


Saul straightens up, unconsciously adjusting his tie. "Ah yes. Well, in addition to my native tongue I speak Dragonese, Demongogian, and Gobblely. I am studying a handful of other languages in my spare time - I consider myself something of an autodidact, but those are the ones I feel confident in."

Saul clasps hands with the mutant tiger. Seldom have I been greeted so warmly... I do hope this fellow is being genuine. He smiles warmly at the tiger.

Felix wrote:"It is eh... my..eh... pleasure to meet you, Señor Saul. I am Miguel Reyes, of the Omaguan Air Force... but..eh.. people know me as 'Felix',"


Saul's interest piques when he hears that Felix served in an Air Force. "Ah, a fellow veteran, I take it. I myself served in the Dweomer Militia before my current travels. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance Felix. My name, Saul, is a nickname as well. I am Dr. Atticus Solomon, but please continue to call me Saul. Your military experience should prove useful to this group - mine is one of the first things they queried."

Saul watches him with undisguised admiration as Felix greets the others. He is quite a personable fellow, very confident.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri May 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 29
Conditions: None, other than maybe boredom and an uncomfortablness to the heat.

During the five hours of downtime

Once the crowd disperses, Daphne shrugs and takes a seat on the edge of the barge and waits there for a time making sure that the crowd doesn't return. Once Daphne is satisfied that the area is secured, she heads further onto the barge and pops the canopy to her fighter. Daphne climbs in and closes the canopy and turns on only the life support systems. The blast of cool recycled air is heavenly to Daphne, and elicits a content sigh. "Should have sprung for some environmental armor." Daphne says to herself before flicking on her fighter's sensors and keeping an eye on them. Daphne dozes off for an hour before she wakens startled, but then hungry. Daphne sighs and shuts down the fighter before climbing out and making her way to the stores for food.

When Felix arrives

Daphne eats out of a tin of pork and beans, when the flying tiger arrives. She looks at the "mutant" and inwardly shrugs. More mutant animals, I didn't think they were so common out west. Especially Tigers. Daphne thinks.

Felix wrote:He pauses when he gets to Daphne and his eyes light up a bit as he looks her over, finding her unusual appearance fascinating, but still appealing. He especially notices her WWII style flight jacket and "pilot" style of dress.

Esta mujer tiene estilo!** he thinks to himself as he extends the same courtesy as he has to the others and says to Daphne, "Señorita Da-fa-nee," he says, before following up with, "Admiro tu sentido del estilo!" with a nod of approval. Realizing that she might not understand, he says to her, "eh... I admire your es-tyle" while pointing at his own WWII style jacket in a clear reference to Daphne's "pilot" garb.


Daphne shrugs. "Thanks, I think." Daphne says with a confused expression and a mouth half full of beans.

Daphne will continue eat her dinner before looking for Beckett. Hey Boss, What's the plan?"
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 am

Perception: 65%1d100 = 46
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 35

Rocky heads back out to the others helping guard the barge, letting Samm advise the Dragonman on what and where he should go. He feels the Gliterboy and Samm should be plenty to handle the dragonman, if it came to that.

When he gets out he sees a new face A tiger? “What idiot told the town that we were a traveling circus?” a small frown comes over his face and a feeling of What the Hell is going on here. Psychic Broadcast.

Rocky approaches the Tiger with an open mind wanting to be polite, he introduces himself, “Good day, my name is Rocky, I’m the second in command of the company, how can I help you.”

He listens to the tiger introductions and continue on talking he makes sure his translator is on.
Rocky looks at Miguel, Felix the flying tiger. Tries to size him up and speaks. “Sir, we would gladly hire you, we usually don’t have people tag along, especially when we are on a mission., Are you a Tiger from Lonestar, I’m just wondering if they are after you? You see they have a thing for escaped mutants. And I just want to make sure about possible troubles. I know you said you’re from Omaguan Air Force. I haven’t heard of it, but can you tell me some of your skills and abilities? We do like fliers, but I don’t see any aircraft?"

Rocky Listens to the Tiger. After he answers the questions he smiles and says “Your Hired. Felix get your gear and move it to the barge. Oh Saul you too , make sure all gear is on the barge, we may be moving out soon."

Rocky turns to Daphne, “Daphne, you make sure Felix gets introduced to how we do things around here.”

He turns to all and looks at them and speaks, "We are not a Circus. We are a Professional Merc Company. We do our job and we do it well. Our name is who we are. MARS! and we are know on Earth and the rest of the Universe for our good deeds. No One Messes this up, Am I clear!"
Psychic Broadcast and feelings Pride.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 pm

**ROLLS HELD**




Saul wrote:Saul clasps hands with the mutant tiger. Seldom have I been greeted so warmly... I do hope this fellow is being genuine. He smiles warmly at the tiger.

Felix wrote:"It is eh... my..eh... pleasure to meet you, Señor Saul. I am Miguel Reyes, of the Omaguan Air Force... but..eh.. people know me as 'Felix',"


Saul's interest piques when he hears that Felix served in an Air Force. "Ah, a fellow veteran, I take it. I myself served in the Dweomer Militia before my current travels. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance Felix. My name, Saul, is a nickname as well. I am Dr. Atticus Solomon, but please continue to call me Saul. Your military experience should prove useful to this group - mine is one of the first things they queried."

Saul watches him with undisguised admiration as Felix greets the others. He is quite a personable fellow, very confident.


Felix listens with interest as Saul describes his militia experience. "Si, soy un médico de combate y reconocimiento. Eh, I am a...how you say... 'combat medic'... I rescue and heal soldiers. But, eh... I no have formal training. Yo tengo... eh, I heal with ...eh... como se dice...... how you say.. eh... poderes psíquicos, yes.. eh, powers of the mind!" he says with a smile, tapping on his head. When Saul mentions Dweomer, Felix says, "Si, I ...eh... hear of this place, pero no sé mucho about it. Es en Norteamérica, no?" he says to Saul, his "Spanglish" in full effect, and translating as needed.




Rocky wrote:Rocky approaches the Tiger with an open mind wanting to be polite, he introduces himself, “Good day, my name is Rocky, I’m the second in command of the company, how can I help you.”

He listens to the tiger introductions and continue on talking he makes sure his translator is on.
Rocky looks at Miguel, Felix the flying tiger. Tries to size him up and speaks. “Sir, we would gladly hire you, we usually don’t have people tag along, especially when we are on a mission., Are you a Tiger from Lonestar, I’m just wondering if they are after you? You see they have a thing for escaped mutants. And I just want to make sure about possible troubles. I know you said you’re from Omaguan Air Force. I haven’t heard of it, but can you tell me some of your skills and abilities? We do like fliers, but I don’t see any aircraft?"


After introducing himself to Señor Rocky ("Roe-key"), Felix listens to the questions. His eyes light up when Rocky mentions not seeing an aircraft.

'Si, Señor Roe-key, soy el avion!" says the flying tiger with a sly grin. Unsure if Rocky understands Spanish, Felix translates: "I am the aircraft!". Letting that sink in for a moment, Felix lifts his arms so his arm flaps are on display and, pointing at them, says, "The...eh... scientists from long time ago esperi... how you say... experimentado on los tigres and, eh... we have especial flying powers now. I show you?" Felix offers to Rocky, unsure if they want to create a scene since the group appears relieved that the crowd has dispersed.

Contingency
If Rocky agrees, Felix will perform a short demonstration, perhaps launching up in the air a hundred or so feet, doing a few acrobatic aerial maneuvers (loop-de-loop, tight aerial turns, etc) and then landing back in the ground after around 30 seconds.
If Rocky declines for now, Felix nods and says, "Maybe later. No crowd, eh?" with an understanding wink and grin.


Either way, he follows up with "Pretty fast. If I ...eh... go to maximum speed, crea estampido supersónico!". To emphasize his point, he expressively makes a BOOM sound as his eyes widen, clearly enjoying himself.

Regarding the questions about Omagua and Lonestar, Felix replies in a more serious tone: "Omagua es en Sudamerica. I not from Lone Star, Señor Roe-key. I have hear of this place, it is where Los Chicos Perros come from, no? Eh...Dog Boys?"

Rocky wrote:Rocky Listens to the Tiger. After he answers the questions he smiles and says “Your Hired. Felix get your gear and move it to the barge. Oh Saul you too , make sure all gear is on the barge, we may be moving out soon."


No estaba buscando un trabajo pero necesito trabajo ... y esta gente va a Merctown de todos modos*!

Rocky wrote:He turns to all and looks at them and speaks, "We are not a Circus. We are a Professional Merc Company. We do our job and we do it well. Our name is who we are. MARS! and we are know on Earth and the rest of the Universe for our good deeds. No One Messes this up, Am I clear!"
Psychic Broadcast and feelings Pride.


Felix looks at Saul. "Eh, escuse me Señor Sah-ool... what he said? Somos MARS... Eh, we are MARS?" he asks Saul with a perplexed look on his face.

Spanish Translations
* = I was not looking for a job but I need work ... and these people are going to Merctown anyway
Last edited by Felix on Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 05, 2019 12:38 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rocky eyes Sparkle when Felix says He flies, and at super sonic. But quickly speaks up, "You don't have to show us here, we don't need more people to come see us. Let's keep your ability a secret for awhile."

Rocky thinks , "This is good we have three combat fliers, good for movement when needed. I need to get some Flying Armor.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Sun May 05, 2019 7:36 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

"Roger that," says the Flying Tiger. He stands there awkwardly for a fraction of a second too long. Saludo?

Then, he shrugs, turns, and heads to where his equipment is kept in order to retrieve it and leave town.

So as not to attract undue attention, Felix goes on foot.

OOC Comments
Presuming all goes normally, Felix grabs his gear and returns with it to the hoverbarge
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Mon May 06, 2019 7:50 am

(Rolls carried over)

Felix wrote:"Si, soy un médico de combate y reconocimiento. Eh, I am a...how you say... 'combat medic'... I rescue and heal soldiers. But, eh... I no have formal training. Yo tengo... eh, I heal with ...eh... como se dice...... how you say.. eh... poderes psíquicos, yes.. eh, powers of the mind!"


Saul replies, "Yes, I served in much a similar function in Dweomer, and like you, my healing comes from within." He taps his forehead to emphasize the point.

Felix wrote:"Si, I ...eh... hear of this place, pero no sé mucho about it. Es en Norteamérica, no?"


Saul looks confused. "Pardon? Nort... America? North America? Yes. That's where we currently are... Dweomer is also on this continent. What language are you speaking, might I inquire? I should like to study it, I think."

Rocky wrote:“Your Hired. Felix get your gear and move it to the barge. Oh Saul you too , make sure all gear is on the barge, we may be moving out soon."


Saul nods at the order. "At once."

He's about to leave when Rocky makes his announcement.

Rocky wrote:"We are a Professional Merc Company. We do our job and we do it well. Our name is who we are. MARS! and we are know on Earth and the rest of the Universe for our good deeds. No One Messes this up, Am I clear!"


Felix wrote:"Eh, escuse me Señor Sah-ool... what he said? Somos MARS... Eh, we are MARS?"


Saul looks perplexed. Named for the Roman god of war? Fitting. Or perhaps an acronym...

"By the by, Rocky. Is 'MARS' an acronym?"


Saul will turn and accompany Felix back inside the town proper, and then head to the hotel to gather his things, carefully packed into a single backpack, before returning to the corral in front of town.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 am

**rolls carried**


Saul wrote:Saul replies, "Yes, I served in much a similar function in Dweomer, and like you, my healing comes from within." He taps his forehead to emphasize the point.


Felix's smile widens even more as his new mutant friend reveals that he also has psionic powers - and healing ones to boot!

Salvamos muchas vidas juntos!* he thinks.

"Eh.. maybe we show these hombres how to do it best, hmm Señor Sah-ool?" he jokes in conspiratorial tone to Saul with a wink.

Saul wrote:Saul looks confused. "Pardon? Nort... America? North America? Yes. That's where we currently are... Dweomer is also on this continent. What language are you speaking, might I inquire? I should like to study it, I think."


"Hablo Español, Señor Sah-ool!" Felix says with his bright eyes gleaming. "Eh, I speak eh.. you call Spanish. I teach you, si! Tambien, entiendo... eh... also I understand... uno mas... one more... language, pero no one speak it en Norteamérica... es una lengua antigua... is very old language... no mucha gente... no many peoples... speak it now." he says.

Excepto en Omagua y quizás en algún lugar de África.**

Saul wrote:Saul will turn and accompany Felix back inside the town proper, and then head to the hotel to gather his things, carefully packed into a single backpack, before returning to the corral in front of town.


The Flying Tiger is glad to have his new friend accompany him, and can be seen busily chatting it up with Saul on the way there and back.

OOC Comments
Presumably, Felix and Saul discusses many things on the way to get their gear and on the return trip, such as where they are from, what kind of powers they use to heal people, their military training, where they can be expected to be treated fairly (and not), etc... I imagine they will bond rather quickly.


Spanish translation
internal dialogue * = We save many lives together!
internal dialogue ** = Except in Omagua or maybe somewhere in Africa
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon May 06, 2019 3:18 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

When asked what does it, MARS, means he turns and smiles and speaks, "It is an acronym. It stands for Merctown Armoured Recon Service. Yes I know, Mars is the God of War. We are a fast moving hard hitting group. Usually finding or locating information, trouble and then relaying information to others. we have saved the Universe a couple of times. remember you can ask Ernst and Daphne about some of this stuff. Well about the last time we did. Maybe Samm will tell you more. and after we leave here we will speak about what we can do."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 am

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Rocky wrote:“remember you can ask Ernst and Daphne about some of this stuff. Well about the last time we did. Maybe Samm will tell you more. and after we leave here we will speak about what we can do."


Me? Whoa. So I take it that he doesn't remember when I joined up with them. It hasn't been that long. It could be that he feels I have earned my place. Or maybe he is just going to let me explain the semantics of it. Maybe I can give them vague enough answers, that I don't actually give them a direct answer. Unless saving those people from possession and that dead native warrior army. Poor Miho. I wonder if she's alright.she didn't look good when we left her. Ernstweavel snaps back to reality, as a flood of emotions start to swell. He glances around to help keep his thoughts in check. He finishes and looks in the direction if the newcomers. ”Sure. I have no objections for some exchanging of accolades but I'd prefer if it was at a later time. We need to get this.” Ernstweavel pauses for a brief half second. ”Show on the road.”
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri May 10, 2019 10:38 am

**ROLLS CARRIED**

As Felix and Saul head toward the town to retrieve their gear, they converse and get to know each other better.

"Señor Sah-ool, I hear Señor Roe-key say to you to get your things with me. You have not been with these others for long, hmm?" he asks the simian as they walk.

Rocky también mencionó "Lone Star" ... Me pregunto si Saul sabe mucho sobre ese lugar.


Spanish translations
Rocky, he also mentioned "Lone Star"... I wonder if Saul knows much about that place
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Mon May 13, 2019 5:17 am

(Rolls carried over)

Felix wrote:"Señor Sah-ool, I hear Señor Roe-key say to you to get your things with me. You have not been with these others for long, hmm?"


Saul nods. "Indeed, Perhaps not fifteen minutes longer than yourself. I'm not sure where, philosophically, I stand on the concepts of 'fate' or 'predetermination' - those are fairly sticky concepts and even the best logical arguments for them require a measure of faith" he waves his hand dismissively " - but if I were so inclined I might see the hand of destiny in this."

As they near the first hotel, Saul says "Ah, this is me. I shan't be a moment." He jogs inside and upstairs, grabs his pack and is back downstairs in the wink of an eye.

"I shall accompany you to your stop, if you like. " As they walk, he notices the humans of Testament going about their daily business. We must seem quite the pair to these human observers. A tall mutant tiger and a rather diminutive mutant ape. I don't know what their predispositions are towards mutant-kind, but I suspect it can't be harmed by seeing two amiable exemplars out for a stroll.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Saul wrote:Saul nods. "Indeed, Perhaps not fifteen minutes longer than yourself. I'm not sure where, philosophically, I stand on the concepts of 'fate' or 'predetermination' - those are fairly sticky concepts and even the best logical arguments for them require a measure of faith" he waves his hand dismissively " - but if I were so inclined I might see the hand of destiny in this."


"No se, Señor Sah-ool. Es suerte? Es el destino?*" says the tall tiger with a grin. He shrugs his shoulders as if to say he accepts it, whatever it is.
Spanish
I don't know, Mr. Saul. Is it luck? Is it fate?

Saul wrote:As they near the first hotel, Saul says "Ah, this is me. I shan't be a moment." He jogs inside and upstairs, grabs his pack and is back downstairs in the wink of an eye.

"I shall accompany you to your stop, if you like. " As they walk, he notices the humans of Testament going about their daily business.


Felix nods as Saul offers to accompany him. "Gracias, mi amigo. Vamonos!" he says as the pair heads to the second hotel.
Spanish
Thank you my friend. Let's go!

When they arrive, Felix tells Saul he will just be a moment, and then go inside. About 3 minutes later, he comes out with his gear (other than his rifle) and then tells Saul they need to pick up his weapons from the security squad at the town entrance on the way back.

Assuming there are no holdups, Felix and Saul will arrive with full gear at the hoverbarge, ready for whatever M.A.R.S. has in store.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue May 14, 2019 4:26 am

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Man, I'm glad nobody made a comment or another pun about us being a circus or a traveling show. No, we got to stop that way of thinking. Well maybe if it were inter dimensional. I might be able to swing that. Then at least I get to travel the universe. Then maybe u could meet the Traveler again or maybe someone like him. I wonder if Saul know anything about dimensional traveling? Maybe he at least knows someone to talk with, since he is from Dweomer and all. I'll ask him once were moving and on the road. I think we got some work before the caravan gets moving. I think had enough of this town for one day. Hopefully we can be going by the early morning.

Ernstweavel is toying with the idea of an inter dimensional travel circus with himself as he stands around. Eventually coming back to reality, he notices that Saul and Felix where no longer around. He takes a couple of wa quick glance around, making sure they just didn't leave his line of sight, before he decided to return to barge. Oh well, If they want a ride then they'll be back and if not, it's no sweat off my back. once inside he gathers Beckett and Rocky together be he asks for a plan. "So you two, I think we should head out in the early morning before most of the town wakes. That way we don't draw anymore attention then we already have. If neither one of you two have have objections to that, then I'll go inform the caravan. I'll also grab the new recruits and have them help out and give them a lay of the land." Ernstweavel looks at Beckett then at Rocky for an answer. If after a few moment of silence no one says anything, then Ernstweavel will go and get the caravan ready to leave in the morning. "Hearing no objections, I'll have the caravan ready b it the morning." Otherwise he stay and listen to what they others have to say.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Felix practices his cartwheels and acrobatics when he returns to the barge and waits for Beckett or someone else to move the group along.

Skill Roll: Acrobatics (backflip) --> 1d100 = 74/74%

Also, Felix does somersaults and other acrobatic tricks from his Teng Jutsu to pass the time while waiting.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Mon May 20, 2019 6:19 am

(Rolls carried over)

Saul returns to the barge with Felix, and inquires where he can stow his belongings. He emerges and sees Felix performing feats of agility.

"My word. You certainly are agile." Probably more agile than I, even with my inherent racial agility. That's... certainly appropriate. He is a flier, extremely physical, and I, a sorceror, more cerebral. I've little need to that kind of physical adeptness. And this... What some may think of as "showing-off" is probably how he keeps his skills sharp.

Saul watches his performance with admiration.

"I have heard it said that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to attain mastery of any art. Given your skill level I'd say you are in the 800's in terms of hours spent. You should show me sometime your skills in the air."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 am

**rolls held**

Spanish Translations
Sé que los primates en mi tierra natal eran muy rápidos y ágiles.: I know the primates in my homeland were very quick and agile
como se dice: how do you say





Saul wrote:"My word. You certainly are agile."
Saul watches his performance with admiration.


"Gracias, Señor Sah-ool!" says Felix to his newfound friend. "Y tu tambien, no?" Eh... you also?" he asks Saul.

*Sé que los primates en mi tierra natal eran muy rápidos y ágiles... he thinks to himself.

Saul wrote:"I have heard it said that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to attain mastery of any art. Given your skill level I'd say you are in the 800's in terms of hours spent. You should show me sometime your skills in the air."


"I no master. Necesito mucha mas practica... eh... I need practice much more!" he says with a grin. "This how I keep my eh... skills... eh... **como se dice... eh... edge? Sharp?"

Felix looks around with a bit of a twinkle in his eyes. He says to Saul, "We fly later tonight, when not so many eyes looking, si?" with a wink.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Achievements wrote:-FAILED: Convince the locals MARS is NOT a traveling show.
-Completed: Become known as a traveling show in the Baronies


The local populace gives the odd traveling show a wide berth. But the fact that they have a monkey and a tiger means the locals are utterly convinced MARS is a circus. Not that anyone is really interacting with the locals to find that out.

Everyone seems ready to go. The question is, where are you going? The dragon thing clearly indicated there is a problem directly along your route. Your clients still want cheap western silver, but no one has informed them about the dragon thing's warning.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed May 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 89
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 34

Rocky heads over to Walcott's vehicle to have a serious talk, “Walcott from the information we got from the dragonman, things aren’t looking good. We have Demons and Devils to deal with if you’re planning to head westward. We have some new recruits that joined us. A Mage type and A fighter. We seem good on the mobility part, but maybe a bit light on the hitting power."

After a short pause, "Big problem is we are here and now, if we pull back not much will be left of this place and as I see it Hell might just get a foothold here. Which can be good or bad for business. The good Arm sells go up. We start taking care of this problem and if all turns out well Northern Gun will look like the savior. Profits increase, these people see you as heroes."

Bad news, a couple of things, MARS can’t fight these guys alone, we need more help, a lot more. Next if we go back east these people will remember us as the ones that ran away and left them high and dry.”

“I think the CS should be called along with the CyberKnights and 1st Cavalry. We need to organize the Native population to get them in on the action. And Anyone else we can.”

“This is the time to call in any chips!”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Thu May 23, 2019 6:02 am

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 69

Saul stows his gear wherever requested and helps others do the same, and prepare the vehicle as needed. When Rocky goes to talk to another member of the caravan (Walcott - though Saul doesn't know him), Saul pays closer attention.

IF Saul can overhear the conversation, his eyes widen with alarm when Rocky says,

Rocky wrote:“I think the CS should be called along with the CyberKnights and 1st Cavalry. We need to organize the Native population to get them in on the action. And Anyone else we can.”


Saul speaks up. "Master Rocky I'm afraid I must strenuously object to any plan that involves the Coalition, unless I am well distant of them. As a freeborn ... 'Monkey Boy'..." his voice drips with distaste for the term, "AND as a sorceror, I am aware that the Coalition has a 'destroy on sight' policy that targets those like me rather specifically. I would prefer not to be in their cross-hairs, so to speak. I doubt Felix would fare well in their company either."

He hesitates a moment before adding. "I am aware that I am but newly-hired, but I do hope that you take my warning into consideration. I have come to understand they can be quite intractable in this regard. And so must I be, for my own sake."

With CS and Cyberknights both present, my existence could cause controversy that detracts from the mission at hand... the Cyberknights, I believe, might defend one such as I if given the opportunity, and the conflict may preclude them working together if I am present. If he insists on contacting all of these organizations, I fear the best case scenario for me would be to ... well, to flee. Saul's face bears witness to how troubled this thought makes him. He is not one usually given to running away - but if his presence would hamper the mission at hand, then it is his absence that is called for.

IF he does NOT hear Rocky's conversation with Walcott, he will go about his business, oblivious to the dangers of the plan, and deal with the fallout if or when it occurs. In the meantime, Saul will continue to prep the vehicles and help the others as requested.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

When he hears Saul's concerns, Rocky tries to reconcile him, "Saul we will protect you. We might not even meet any of these groups. this is a war, and it is far flung across this area. In this war we all have to band together, and there are some forward thinking CS operators. that will turn their eyes another way for the good of Humanity. think of this as a time for those CS people to see that not everyone is out to get them. I do have some contacts there. I'm planing on using."

(Rocky has CS ID as an under cover agent, Free Quebec at one time gave him a rank for destroying the sploogies foot hold in Newfoundland.)
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Thu May 23, 2019 6:47 am

(rolls carried over)

Saul inclines his head. "I will default to your judgment, then." And hope for the best.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Fri May 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Perception:1d100 = 43 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 93
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


If and when Ernstweavel overhears the conversation between Rocky and Saul, he will try and listen in. He nods his head in agreement when Rocky mentions the pros and cons of finishing up the mission. He lends a sympathetic look when Saul speaks of the CS and their stance on certain topics. "I do feel your stance on the matter. I too have similar problems with them, tho not as extreme as your. Of the Dee ilsa and Demons kill or enslave us all then it won't matter. For now they are a necessary evil to fight a bigger evil but if it does come down to it, we will defend you." I wonder how he is going to react when he finds out that ouch contract IS with the CS, though not that publicly. I do feel sorry for him. I mean at least I can blend into a crowd and hide. Him? Not so much. Rocky's got contacts within the CS? He keeps pulling out surprises. To fight this evil we're going to need some bigger firepower.

Ernstweavel stands around for a bit to see if Walcott or Beckett have any specific orders to give. If there are no orders given, he will continue to help get the caravan ready.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri May 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 1
JIC (100): 1d100 = 56
Conditions: Nothing new




Felix's ears perk up as he hears Saul's voice in distress. He looks over to see Saul gesticulating and decides to walk over and see what's going on.

He nods when he overhears Saul's description of the trouble they might face with the CS.

"Eh... I have not meet many of these CS peoples, and I hear they treat people like us..." - here he points at Saul and himself - " as trash... but les gusta los perros chicos? Por que?" he says, looking confused when referencing Dog Boys.

Hearing Rocky's and Ernstweavel's reassurances helps somewhat, but does not completely alleviate Felix's concerns, and he suspects that Saul's are not entirely alleviated either. He stands next to Saul and puts a hand gently on Saul's shoulder in a gesture of solidarity and comfort.

No te preocupes, amigo mío ... no nos capturarán.

He then looks at Rocky and Ernstweavel, and says, "War? What war?"

Spanish Translations
los perros chicos? Por que?: they like Dog Boys? Why?
No te preocupes, amigo mío ... no nos capturarán: Do not worry, my friend... they will not capture us
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Previous

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest