Adventure 5: Different Ways

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Thu May 02, 2019 10:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4
JIC (100): 1d100 = 71
Conditions: None




Sweat forming on his brow, Felix balances precariously on the wooden post rising several feet off the ground.

"You lack focus!" says the Japanese man as he sharply whacks Felix's shin once again, causing the young felinoid to wince in pain. "Concentrate!" says the master.

Felix briefly considers activating his Deaden Pain power, but as quickly as the thought arises, he quashes it. He's right... thinks the Flying Tiger, knowing that only good old-fashioned hard work and discipline will teach him the ways of Teng-Jutsu - something he came all the way out to the remote Colorado Baronies to learn.

"Of course I'm right!" said the wizened old man as he knocks Felix's leg out from under him with a swift and well-placed palm to the back of the felinoid's ankle, causing Felix to fall to the ground. Thankfully, the Flying Tiger's acrobatic training gets him back on his feet in no time.

"Now, my furry visitor... let us talk of why you are here once more..." the old man says intently as he stares into the bright green eyes of the mutant felinoid in front of him, unfazed by the fact that Felix is nearly two feet taller and rippling with muscle.




The memory fades as Felix fondly smiles. It seems like only yesterday... he thinks as he recalls his intensive training and the reason he had come to the Colorado Baronies in the first place only two years ago. After a few odd jobs found through MercTown, he had discovered the Golden Dragon Dojo and had begun his martial arts training there. The head instructor noticed Felix's natural acrobatic and athletic talents, and his propensity for light hearted antics, and had pulled him aside one day, telling him that he could aspire to more by training in the extremely rare style of Teng-Jutsu - but, alas, the only master in North America had retired to the remote Colorado Baronies. Undeterred, Felix flew to the Baronies to investigate and, after a long period of hazing and character-probing, was accepted as a student of the old man and trained with him until he had mastered the basics of the rare martial art.

Snapping back to the present, Felix notices people moving quickly toward the edge of town. He hears the words of passers by: "Hover barge"... "dragon"... and that's enough to get his attention. Walking with the crowd, he makes his way to the location of the "traveling show" and takes in the scene, arriving just in time to see the crowd disperse after a group of folks with a dragon shooed them off.

This must be the traveling show I heard about... he thinks as he eyes the group. Knowing that he ran into CS patrols on his way out to the Baronies (which he barely escaped with his life), and not willing to put his newly acquired "stealth" armor to a "trial by fire" quite yet, he decides that maybe, just maybe, there could be some value in traveling with a group like this.

A pair of damas, a few armored hombres with guns in their hands, a guy with a weird staff - must be a mago of some sort - a Glitter Boy(!), a dragon of some sort, and what looks like another mutant animal - looks like a primate of some kind. This could work... he thinks, and seeing Saul helps him realize that it doesn't hurt that he's a mutant animal himself.

He approaches the group of seeming misfits at a casual pace, and puts on his best "friendly face"...

"Ahh... Perdón, señores..." he says in a thick accent reminiscent of anyone who's ever had to learn English as a secondary language while being a native Spanish speaker.

"I am looking for a group to travel with that is heading toward Merctown. Are you headed in that direction?" he asks expectantly, while pointing in the direction of MercTown.

Seeing Saul, one mutant animal nods at the other with a wink and an acknowledging nod.
Last edited by Felix on Mon May 06, 2019 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Thu May 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 36
JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 76

After the crowd disperses, Saul rests a bit easier, knowing only he and this merc company are at immediate risk should this dragon become hostile. His respite is temporary, however, as he sees a mutant animal - a tiger at that - approaching the barge.

Saul takes a few steps toward the newcomer. Sensing no evil from him, he is comforted.

Felix wrote:"Ahh... Perdón, señores... I am looking for a group to travel with that is heading toward Merctown. Are you headed in that direction?"


Coincidentally enough, I too was seeking a route to Merctown. This group..." He pauses, realizing he'd not yet learned the name of their company, "I am told, operates out of Merctown. I am Saul. And you are...?"

He extends a simian hand to the tall tiger. Shaking his hand, he gestures around. "This is Ernstweavel, Rocky, and Daphne. Their leader, Beckett, I believe, is on the barge with the dragon. I am afraid I've not met the Glitterboy, or the others in the caravan."

If Saul catches Rocky's eye he will wave him over.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Fri May 03, 2019 4:08 am

Perception:1d100 = 81 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 34
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


Saul wrote:"If there is need of a translator for this creature, I can serve."


”Well, I do believe that most of us can translate for the creature but a translator in general is always a needed. I, my self can speak there languages. How many can you speak?

Felix wrote:Ahh... Perdón, señores..." he says in a thick accent reminiscent of anyone who's ever had to learn English as a secondary language while being a native Spanish speaker.

"I am looking for a group to travel with that is heading toward Merctown. Are you headed in that direction?" he asks expectantly, while pointing in the direction of MercTown.


Saul wrote:"This is Ernstweavel, Rocky, and Daphne. Their leader, Beckett, I believe, is on the barge with the dragon. I am afraid I've not met the Glitterboy, or the others in the caravan."


Ernstweavel turns and sees another mutant. This time a a cat. Greeting the man, he gives a nod of acknowledgment. Yes, this group does work out of Merctown and yes we'll be returning there shortly. If you would like to join a us, I have no objections but you'll have to get the final approval from Beckett, tho. First we should pass it by Rocky. See what he thinks first. He usually sees things from a different perspective then I do.” Geez, first the dragon, than a monkey, now a cat. We really are looking like a circus. At least we will have a legit cover, as to why we are in town. Just as long as they dont have me doing stupid parlor tricks, like pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Rocky wrote:“What do you want to do? Where are you going to go? I would suggest that if you stay here those forces are going to hunt you down. They will shoot first then ask questions. I think you would be a good Mercenary. Or if you are going to stay here you will have to prove yourself. Actions speak louder than words.”


Maybe he doesn't have a name for where he's going but then it might be different from the one we know. I should go get a map, maybe he can point to where he is going. Having the shockdragon would be a tremendous help to our team. And then, not sure if we want the upkeep of having a farm just to feed him. I ain't shoveling up any shit. At that point I think we would make him feed himself. Ernstweavel fetches a map to show the shockdragon, when Rocky takes a pause. Upon returning he will show the shockdragon the map and instruct him to point on the map. Afterwards when the group is all gathered, Ernstweavel speaks up. ”So, what's the next course of actions? Are we staying here a bit longer or we rolling out in the morning? I think there has been enough entertainment in this town for a while.

Skill Rolls
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% / 1d100 = 30 - to help get accurate information from the shockdragon
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri May 03, 2019 6:52 am

**ROLLS HELD**




Saul wrote:Coincidentally enough, I too was seeking a route to Merctown. This group..." He pauses, realizing he'd not yet learned the name of their company, "I am told, operates out of Merctown. I am Saul. And you are...?"

He extends a simian hand to the tall tiger.


Felix kneels to be at eye level with Saul, reaches out with both hands and clasps Saul's hand warmly in them, and nods his head with his eyes closed for a moment, as if greeting an important person.

"El gusto es mio, mi amigo," he says to Saul sincerely, and then flashes a toothy grin. "It is eh... my..eh... pleasure to meet you, Señor Saul," he says, to helpfully translate in case his new friend does not speak Spanish. When Felix says Saul's name, it sounds like two syllables instead of one: "Saa-ool". "I am Miguel Reyes, of the Omaguan Air Force... but..eh.. people know me as 'Felix'," says the Flying Tiger with a hint of pride when he mentions the Omaguan Air Force.

Tengo un buen presentimiento sobre este persona mono* he thinks to himself.

Saul wrote:Shaking his hand, he gestures around. "This is Ernstweavel, Rocky, and Daphne. Their leader, Beckett, I believe, is on the barge with the dragon. I am afraid I've not met the Glitterboy, or the others in the caravan."


Felix stands and greets the others in the group that Saul mentioned, offering them each his handshake and a friendly smile.

"Señor Er...". Felix's brow furrows as he tries to pronounce the name again. "Er-nesta-wee-bal" struggles the native Spanish speaker with the unusual name as he greets Ernstweavel warmly.

"Señor Rocky," he says with a nod (pronounciation sounds like "roe-kee") and the same warm smile.

He pauses when he gets to Daphne and his eyes light up a bit as he looks her over, finding her unusual appearance fascinating, but still appealing. He especially notices her WWII style flight jacket and "pilot" style of dress.

Esta mujer tiene estilo!** he thinks to himself as he extends the same courtesy as he has to the others and says to Daphne, "Señorita Da-fa-nee," he says, before following up with, "Admiro tu sentido del estilo!" with a nod of approval. Realizing that she might not understand, he says to her, "eh... I admire your es-tyle" while pointing at his own WWII style jacket in a clear reference to Daphne's "pilot" garb.

He then looks toward the barge for this "Beckett" person whom Ernstweavel mentioned, seeing if he can spot her.

Ernstweavel wrote:"Yes, this group does work out of Merctown and yes we'll be returning there shortly. If you would like to join a us, I have no objections but you'll have to get the final approval from Beckett, tho. First we should pass it by Rocky. See what he thinks first. He usually sees things from a different perspective then I do.”


"Claro que si!" he replies, and then quickly follows up with the translation: "Of course!" with a smile, and turns to Rocky.

Spanish Translations
* = I have a good feeling about this monkey person
** = The lady has style!
Last edited by Felix on Fri May 03, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Fri May 03, 2019 7:25 am

(Rolls carried forward)

Ernstweavel wrote:”Well, I do believe that most of us can translate for the creature but a translator in general is always a needed. I, myself can speak there languages. How many can you speak?"


Saul straightens up, unconsciously adjusting his tie. "Ah yes. Well, in addition to my native tongue I speak Dragonese, Demongogian, and Gobblely. I am studying a handful of other languages in my spare time - I consider myself something of an autodidact, but those are the ones I feel confident in."

Saul clasps hands with the mutant tiger. Seldom have I been greeted so warmly... I do hope this fellow is being genuine. He smiles warmly at the tiger.

Felix wrote:"It is eh... my..eh... pleasure to meet you, Señor Saul. I am Miguel Reyes, of the Omaguan Air Force... but..eh.. people know me as 'Felix',"


Saul's interest piques when he hears that Felix served in an Air Force. "Ah, a fellow veteran, I take it. I myself served in the Dweomer Militia before my current travels. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance Felix. My name, Saul, is a nickname as well. I am Dr. Atticus Solomon, but please continue to call me Saul. Your military experience should prove useful to this group - mine is one of the first things they queried."

Saul watches him with undisguised admiration as Felix greets the others. He is quite a personable fellow, very confident.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri May 03, 2019 4:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 53/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1; 1d100 = 29
Conditions: None, other than maybe boredom and an uncomfortablness to the heat.

During the five hours of downtime

Once the crowd disperses, Daphne shrugs and takes a seat on the edge of the barge and waits there for a time making sure that the crowd doesn't return. Once Daphne is satisfied that the area is secured, she heads further onto the barge and pops the canopy to her fighter. Daphne climbs in and closes the canopy and turns on only the life support systems. The blast of cool recycled air is heavenly to Daphne, and elicits a content sigh. "Should have sprung for some environmental armor." Daphne says to herself before flicking on her fighter's sensors and keeping an eye on them. Daphne dozes off for an hour before she wakens startled, but then hungry. Daphne sighs and shuts down the fighter before climbing out and making her way to the stores for food.

When Felix arrives

Daphne eats out of a tin of pork and beans, when the flying tiger arrives. She looks at the "mutant" and inwardly shrugs. More mutant animals, I didn't think they were so common out west. Especially Tigers. Daphne thinks.

Felix wrote:He pauses when he gets to Daphne and his eyes light up a bit as he looks her over, finding her unusual appearance fascinating, but still appealing. He especially notices her WWII style flight jacket and "pilot" style of dress.

Esta mujer tiene estilo!** he thinks to himself as he extends the same courtesy as he has to the others and says to Daphne, "Señorita Da-fa-nee," he says, before following up with, "Admiro tu sentido del estilo!" with a nod of approval. Realizing that she might not understand, he says to her, "eh... I admire your es-tyle" while pointing at his own WWII style jacket in a clear reference to Daphne's "pilot" garb.


Daphne shrugs. "Thanks, I think." Daphne says with a confused expression and a mouth half full of beans.

Daphne will continue eat her dinner before looking for Beckett. Hey Boss, What's the plan?"
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 05, 2019 10:44 am

Perception: 65%1d100 = 46
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5
JIC d100: 1d100 = 35

Rocky heads back out to the others helping guard the barge, letting Samm advise the Dragonman on what and where he should go. He feels the Gliterboy and Samm should be plenty to handle the dragonman, if it came to that.

When he gets out he sees a new face A tiger? “What idiot told the town that we were a traveling circus?” a small frown comes over his face and a feeling of What the Hell is going on here. Psychic Broadcast.

Rocky approaches the Tiger with an open mind wanting to be polite, he introduces himself, “Good day, my name is Rocky, I’m the second in command of the company, how can I help you.”

He listens to the tiger introductions and continue on talking he makes sure his translator is on.
Rocky looks at Miguel, Felix the flying tiger. Tries to size him up and speaks. “Sir, we would gladly hire you, we usually don’t have people tag along, especially when we are on a mission., Are you a Tiger from Lonestar, I’m just wondering if they are after you? You see they have a thing for escaped mutants. And I just want to make sure about possible troubles. I know you said you’re from Omaguan Air Force. I haven’t heard of it, but can you tell me some of your skills and abilities? We do like fliers, but I don’t see any aircraft?"

Rocky Listens to the Tiger. After he answers the questions he smiles and says “Your Hired. Felix get your gear and move it to the barge. Oh Saul you too , make sure all gear is on the barge, we may be moving out soon."

Rocky turns to Daphne, “Daphne, you make sure Felix gets introduced to how we do things around here.”

He turns to all and looks at them and speaks, "We are not a Circus. We are a Professional Merc Company. We do our job and we do it well. Our name is who we are. MARS! and we are know on Earth and the rest of the Universe for our good deeds. No One Messes this up, Am I clear!"
Psychic Broadcast and feelings Pride.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Sun May 05, 2019 12:04 pm

**ROLLS HELD**




Saul wrote:Saul clasps hands with the mutant tiger. Seldom have I been greeted so warmly... I do hope this fellow is being genuine. He smiles warmly at the tiger.

Felix wrote:"It is eh... my..eh... pleasure to meet you, Señor Saul. I am Miguel Reyes, of the Omaguan Air Force... but..eh.. people know me as 'Felix',"


Saul's interest piques when he hears that Felix served in an Air Force. "Ah, a fellow veteran, I take it. I myself served in the Dweomer Militia before my current travels. I am very pleased to make your acquaintance Felix. My name, Saul, is a nickname as well. I am Dr. Atticus Solomon, but please continue to call me Saul. Your military experience should prove useful to this group - mine is one of the first things they queried."

Saul watches him with undisguised admiration as Felix greets the others. He is quite a personable fellow, very confident.


Felix listens with interest as Saul describes his militia experience. "Si, soy un médico de combate y reconocimiento. Eh, I am a...how you say... 'combat medic'... I rescue and heal soldiers. But, eh... I no have formal training. Yo tengo... eh, I heal with ...eh... como se dice...... how you say.. eh... poderes psíquicos, yes.. eh, powers of the mind!" he says with a smile, tapping on his head. When Saul mentions Dweomer, Felix says, "Si, I ...eh... hear of this place, pero no sé mucho about it. Es en Norteamérica, no?" he says to Saul, his "Spanglish" in full effect, and translating as needed.




Rocky wrote:Rocky approaches the Tiger with an open mind wanting to be polite, he introduces himself, “Good day, my name is Rocky, I’m the second in command of the company, how can I help you.”

He listens to the tiger introductions and continue on talking he makes sure his translator is on.
Rocky looks at Miguel, Felix the flying tiger. Tries to size him up and speaks. “Sir, we would gladly hire you, we usually don’t have people tag along, especially when we are on a mission., Are you a Tiger from Lonestar, I’m just wondering if they are after you? You see they have a thing for escaped mutants. And I just want to make sure about possible troubles. I know you said you’re from Omaguan Air Force. I haven’t heard of it, but can you tell me some of your skills and abilities? We do like fliers, but I don’t see any aircraft?"


After introducing himself to Señor Rocky ("Roe-key"), Felix listens to the questions. His eyes light up when Rocky mentions not seeing an aircraft.

'Si, Señor Roe-key, soy el avion!" says the flying tiger with a sly grin. Unsure if Rocky understands Spanish, Felix translates: "I am the aircraft!". Letting that sink in for a moment, Felix lifts his arms so his arm flaps are on display and, pointing at them, says, "The...eh... scientists from long time ago esperi... how you say... experimentado on los tigres and, eh... we have especial flying powers now. I show you?" Felix offers to Rocky, unsure if they want to create a scene since the group appears relieved that the crowd has dispersed.

Contingency
If Rocky agrees, Felix will perform a short demonstration, perhaps launching up in the air a hundred or so feet, doing a few acrobatic aerial maneuvers (loop-de-loop, tight aerial turns, etc) and then landing back in the ground after around 30 seconds.
If Rocky declines for now, Felix nods and says, "Maybe later. No crowd, eh?" with an understanding wink and grin.


Either way, he follows up with "Pretty fast. If I ...eh... go to maximum speed, crea estampido supersónico!". To emphasize his point, he expressively makes a BOOM sound as his eyes widen, clearly enjoying himself.

Regarding the questions about Omagua and Lonestar, Felix replies in a more serious tone: "Omagua es en Sudamerica. I not from Lone Star, Señor Roe-key. I have hear of this place, it is where Los Chicos Perros come from, no? Eh...Dog Boys?"

Rocky wrote:Rocky Listens to the Tiger. After he answers the questions he smiles and says “Your Hired. Felix get your gear and move it to the barge. Oh Saul you too , make sure all gear is on the barge, we may be moving out soon."


No estaba buscando un trabajo pero necesito trabajo ... y esta gente va a Merctown de todos modos*!

Rocky wrote:He turns to all and looks at them and speaks, "We are not a Circus. We are a Professional Merc Company. We do our job and we do it well. Our name is who we are. MARS! and we are know on Earth and the rest of the Universe for our good deeds. No One Messes this up, Am I clear!"
Psychic Broadcast and feelings Pride.


Felix looks at Saul. "Eh, escuse me Señor Sah-ool... what he said? Somos MARS... Eh, we are MARS?" he asks Saul with a perplexed look on his face.

Spanish Translations
* = I was not looking for a job but I need work ... and these people are going to Merctown anyway
Last edited by Felix on Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun May 05, 2019 12:38 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

Rocky eyes Sparkle when Felix says He flies, and at super sonic. But quickly speaks up, "You don't have to show us here, we don't need more people to come see us. Let's keep your ability a secret for awhile."

Rocky thinks , "This is good we have three combat fliers, good for movement when needed. I need to get some Flying Armor.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Sun May 05, 2019 7:36 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

"Roger that," says the Flying Tiger. He stands there awkwardly for a fraction of a second too long. Saludo?

Then, he shrugs, turns, and heads to where his equipment is kept in order to retrieve it and leave town.

So as not to attract undue attention, Felix goes on foot.

OOC Comments
Presuming all goes normally, Felix grabs his gear and returns with it to the hoverbarge
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Mon May 06, 2019 7:50 am

(Rolls carried over)

Felix wrote:"Si, soy un médico de combate y reconocimiento. Eh, I am a...how you say... 'combat medic'... I rescue and heal soldiers. But, eh... I no have formal training. Yo tengo... eh, I heal with ...eh... como se dice...... how you say.. eh... poderes psíquicos, yes.. eh, powers of the mind!"


Saul replies, "Yes, I served in much a similar function in Dweomer, and like you, my healing comes from within." He taps his forehead to emphasize the point.

Felix wrote:"Si, I ...eh... hear of this place, pero no sé mucho about it. Es en Norteamérica, no?"


Saul looks confused. "Pardon? Nort... America? North America? Yes. That's where we currently are... Dweomer is also on this continent. What language are you speaking, might I inquire? I should like to study it, I think."

Rocky wrote:“Your Hired. Felix get your gear and move it to the barge. Oh Saul you too , make sure all gear is on the barge, we may be moving out soon."


Saul nods at the order. "At once."

He's about to leave when Rocky makes his announcement.

Rocky wrote:"We are a Professional Merc Company. We do our job and we do it well. Our name is who we are. MARS! and we are know on Earth and the rest of the Universe for our good deeds. No One Messes this up, Am I clear!"


Felix wrote:"Eh, escuse me Señor Sah-ool... what he said? Somos MARS... Eh, we are MARS?"


Saul looks perplexed. Named for the Roman god of war? Fitting. Or perhaps an acronym...

"By the by, Rocky. Is 'MARS' an acronym?"


Saul will turn and accompany Felix back inside the town proper, and then head to the hotel to gather his things, carefully packed into a single backpack, before returning to the corral in front of town.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 am

**rolls carried**


Saul wrote:Saul replies, "Yes, I served in much a similar function in Dweomer, and like you, my healing comes from within." He taps his forehead to emphasize the point.


Felix's smile widens even more as his new mutant friend reveals that he also has psionic powers - and healing ones to boot!

Salvamos muchas vidas juntos!* he thinks.

"Eh.. maybe we show these hombres how to do it best, hmm Señor Sah-ool?" he jokes in conspiratorial tone to Saul with a wink.

Saul wrote:Saul looks confused. "Pardon? Nort... America? North America? Yes. That's where we currently are... Dweomer is also on this continent. What language are you speaking, might I inquire? I should like to study it, I think."


"Hablo Español, Señor Sah-ool!" Felix says with his bright eyes gleaming. "Eh, I speak eh.. you call Spanish. I teach you, si! Tambien, entiendo... eh... also I understand... uno mas... one more... language, pero no one speak it en Norteamérica... es una lengua antigua... is very old language... no mucha gente... no many peoples... speak it now." he says.

Excepto en Omagua y quizás en algún lugar de África.**

Saul wrote:Saul will turn and accompany Felix back inside the town proper, and then head to the hotel to gather his things, carefully packed into a single backpack, before returning to the corral in front of town.


The Flying Tiger is glad to have his new friend accompany him, and can be seen busily chatting it up with Saul on the way there and back.

OOC Comments
Presumably, Felix and Saul discusses many things on the way to get their gear and on the return trip, such as where they are from, what kind of powers they use to heal people, their military training, where they can be expected to be treated fairly (and not), etc... I imagine they will bond rather quickly.


Spanish translation
internal dialogue * = We save many lives together!
internal dialogue ** = Except in Omagua or maybe somewhere in Africa
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon May 06, 2019 3:18 pm

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

When asked what does it, MARS, means he turns and smiles and speaks, "It is an acronym. It stands for Merctown Armoured Recon Service. Yes I know, Mars is the God of War. We are a fast moving hard hitting group. Usually finding or locating information, trouble and then relaying information to others. we have saved the Universe a couple of times. remember you can ask Ernst and Daphne about some of this stuff. Well about the last time we did. Maybe Samm will tell you more. and after we leave here we will speak about what we can do."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue May 07, 2019 4:15 am

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Rocky wrote:“remember you can ask Ernst and Daphne about some of this stuff. Well about the last time we did. Maybe Samm will tell you more. and after we leave here we will speak about what we can do."


Me? Whoa. So I take it that he doesn't remember when I joined up with them. It hasn't been that long. It could be that he feels I have earned my place. Or maybe he is just going to let me explain the semantics of it. Maybe I can give them vague enough answers, that I don't actually give them a direct answer. Unless saving those people from possession and that dead native warrior army. Poor Miho. I wonder if she's alright.she didn't look good when we left her. Ernstweavel snaps back to reality, as a flood of emotions start to swell. He glances around to help keep his thoughts in check. He finishes and looks in the direction if the newcomers. ”Sure. I have no objections for some exchanging of accolades but I'd prefer if it was at a later time. We need to get this.” Ernstweavel pauses for a brief half second. ”Show on the road.”
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri May 10, 2019 10:38 am

**ROLLS CARRIED**

As Felix and Saul head toward the town to retrieve their gear, they converse and get to know each other better.

"Señor Sah-ool, I hear Señor Roe-key say to you to get your things with me. You have not been with these others for long, hmm?" he asks the simian as they walk.

Rocky también mencionó "Lone Star" ... Me pregunto si Saul sabe mucho sobre ese lugar.


Spanish translations
Rocky, he also mentioned "Lone Star"... I wonder if Saul knows much about that place
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Mon May 13, 2019 5:17 am

(Rolls carried over)

Felix wrote:"Señor Sah-ool, I hear Señor Roe-key say to you to get your things with me. You have not been with these others for long, hmm?"


Saul nods. "Indeed, Perhaps not fifteen minutes longer than yourself. I'm not sure where, philosophically, I stand on the concepts of 'fate' or 'predetermination' - those are fairly sticky concepts and even the best logical arguments for them require a measure of faith" he waves his hand dismissively " - but if I were so inclined I might see the hand of destiny in this."

As they near the first hotel, Saul says "Ah, this is me. I shan't be a moment." He jogs inside and upstairs, grabs his pack and is back downstairs in the wink of an eye.

"I shall accompany you to your stop, if you like. " As they walk, he notices the humans of Testament going about their daily business. We must seem quite the pair to these human observers. A tall mutant tiger and a rather diminutive mutant ape. I don't know what their predispositions are towards mutant-kind, but I suspect it can't be harmed by seeing two amiable exemplars out for a stroll.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Mon May 13, 2019 6:18 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Saul wrote:Saul nods. "Indeed, Perhaps not fifteen minutes longer than yourself. I'm not sure where, philosophically, I stand on the concepts of 'fate' or 'predetermination' - those are fairly sticky concepts and even the best logical arguments for them require a measure of faith" he waves his hand dismissively " - but if I were so inclined I might see the hand of destiny in this."


"No se, Señor Sah-ool. Es suerte? Es el destino?*" says the tall tiger with a grin. He shrugs his shoulders as if to say he accepts it, whatever it is.
Spanish
I don't know, Mr. Saul. Is it luck? Is it fate?

Saul wrote:As they near the first hotel, Saul says "Ah, this is me. I shan't be a moment." He jogs inside and upstairs, grabs his pack and is back downstairs in the wink of an eye.

"I shall accompany you to your stop, if you like. " As they walk, he notices the humans of Testament going about their daily business.


Felix nods as Saul offers to accompany him. "Gracias, mi amigo. Vamonos!" he says as the pair heads to the second hotel.
Spanish
Thank you my friend. Let's go!

When they arrive, Felix tells Saul he will just be a moment, and then go inside. About 3 minutes later, he comes out with his gear (other than his rifle) and then tells Saul they need to pick up his weapons from the security squad at the town entrance on the way back.

Assuming there are no holdups, Felix and Saul will arrive with full gear at the hoverbarge, ready for whatever M.A.R.S. has in store.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue May 14, 2019 4:26 am

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Man, I'm glad nobody made a comment or another pun about us being a circus or a traveling show. No, we got to stop that way of thinking. Well maybe if it were inter dimensional. I might be able to swing that. Then at least I get to travel the universe. Then maybe u could meet the Traveler again or maybe someone like him. I wonder if Saul know anything about dimensional traveling? Maybe he at least knows someone to talk with, since he is from Dweomer and all. I'll ask him once were moving and on the road. I think we got some work before the caravan gets moving. I think had enough of this town for one day. Hopefully we can be going by the early morning.

Ernstweavel is toying with the idea of an inter dimensional travel circus with himself as he stands around. Eventually coming back to reality, he notices that Saul and Felix where no longer around. He takes a couple of wa quick glance around, making sure they just didn't leave his line of sight, before he decided to return to barge. Oh well, If they want a ride then they'll be back and if not, it's no sweat off my back. once inside he gathers Beckett and Rocky together be he asks for a plan. "So you two, I think we should head out in the early morning before most of the town wakes. That way we don't draw anymore attention then we already have. If neither one of you two have have objections to that, then I'll go inform the caravan. I'll also grab the new recruits and have them help out and give them a lay of the land." Ernstweavel looks at Beckett then at Rocky for an answer. If after a few moment of silence no one says anything, then Ernstweavel will go and get the caravan ready to leave in the morning. "Hearing no objections, I'll have the caravan ready b it the morning." Otherwise he stay and listen to what they others have to say.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Sun May 19, 2019 7:53 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Felix practices his cartwheels and acrobatics when he returns to the barge and waits for Beckett or someone else to move the group along.

Skill Roll: Acrobatics (backflip) --> 1d100 = 74/74%

Also, Felix does somersaults and other acrobatic tricks from his Teng Jutsu to pass the time while waiting.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Mon May 20, 2019 6:19 am

(Rolls carried over)

Saul returns to the barge with Felix, and inquires where he can stow his belongings. He emerges and sees Felix performing feats of agility.

"My word. You certainly are agile." Probably more agile than I, even with my inherent racial agility. That's... certainly appropriate. He is a flier, extremely physical, and I, a sorceror, more cerebral. I've little need to that kind of physical adeptness. And this... What some may think of as "showing-off" is probably how he keeps his skills sharp.

Saul watches his performance with admiration.

"I have heard it said that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to attain mastery of any art. Given your skill level I'd say you are in the 800's in terms of hours spent. You should show me sometime your skills in the air."
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 am

**rolls held**

Spanish Translations
Sé que los primates en mi tierra natal eran muy rápidos y ágiles.: I know the primates in my homeland were very quick and agile
como se dice: how do you say





Saul wrote:"My word. You certainly are agile."
Saul watches his performance with admiration.


"Gracias, Señor Sah-ool!" says Felix to his newfound friend. "Y tu tambien, no?" Eh... you also?" he asks Saul.

*Sé que los primates en mi tierra natal eran muy rápidos y ágiles... he thinks to himself.

Saul wrote:"I have heard it said that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to attain mastery of any art. Given your skill level I'd say you are in the 800's in terms of hours spent. You should show me sometime your skills in the air."


"I no master. Necesito mucha mas practica... eh... I need practice much more!" he says with a grin. "This how I keep my eh... skills... eh... **como se dice... eh... edge? Sharp?"

Felix looks around with a bit of a twinkle in his eyes. He says to Saul, "We fly later tonight, when not so many eyes looking, si?" with a wink.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Achievements wrote:-FAILED: Convince the locals MARS is NOT a traveling show.
-Completed: Become known as a traveling show in the Baronies


The local populace gives the odd traveling show a wide berth. But the fact that they have a monkey and a tiger means the locals are utterly convinced MARS is a circus. Not that anyone is really interacting with the locals to find that out.

Everyone seems ready to go. The question is, where are you going? The dragon thing clearly indicated there is a problem directly along your route. Your clients still want cheap western silver, but no one has informed them about the dragon thing's warning.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed May 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 89
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 34

Rocky heads over to Walcott's vehicle to have a serious talk, “Walcott from the information we got from the dragonman, things aren’t looking good. We have Demons and Devils to deal with if you’re planning to head westward. We have some new recruits that joined us. A Mage type and A fighter. We seem good on the mobility part, but maybe a bit light on the hitting power."

After a short pause, "Big problem is we are here and now, if we pull back not much will be left of this place and as I see it Hell might just get a foothold here. Which can be good or bad for business. The good Arm sells go up. We start taking care of this problem and if all turns out well Northern Gun will look like the savior. Profits increase, these people see you as heroes."

Bad news, a couple of things, MARS can’t fight these guys alone, we need more help, a lot more. Next if we go back east these people will remember us as the ones that ran away and left them high and dry.”

“I think the CS should be called along with the CyberKnights and 1st Cavalry. We need to organize the Native population to get them in on the action. And Anyone else we can.”

“This is the time to call in any chips!”
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Thu May 23, 2019 6:02 am

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 69

Saul stows his gear wherever requested and helps others do the same, and prepare the vehicle as needed. When Rocky goes to talk to another member of the caravan (Walcott - though Saul doesn't know him), Saul pays closer attention.

IF Saul can overhear the conversation, his eyes widen with alarm when Rocky says,

Rocky wrote:“I think the CS should be called along with the CyberKnights and 1st Cavalry. We need to organize the Native population to get them in on the action. And Anyone else we can.”


Saul speaks up. "Master Rocky I'm afraid I must strenuously object to any plan that involves the Coalition, unless I am well distant of them. As a freeborn ... 'Monkey Boy'..." his voice drips with distaste for the term, "AND as a sorceror, I am aware that the Coalition has a 'destroy on sight' policy that targets those like me rather specifically. I would prefer not to be in their cross-hairs, so to speak. I doubt Felix would fare well in their company either."

He hesitates a moment before adding. "I am aware that I am but newly-hired, but I do hope that you take my warning into consideration. I have come to understand they can be quite intractable in this regard. And so must I be, for my own sake."

With CS and Cyberknights both present, my existence could cause controversy that detracts from the mission at hand... the Cyberknights, I believe, might defend one such as I if given the opportunity, and the conflict may preclude them working together if I am present. If he insists on contacting all of these organizations, I fear the best case scenario for me would be to ... well, to flee. Saul's face bears witness to how troubled this thought makes him. He is not one usually given to running away - but if his presence would hamper the mission at hand, then it is his absence that is called for.

IF he does NOT hear Rocky's conversation with Walcott, he will go about his business, oblivious to the dangers of the plan, and deal with the fallout if or when it occurs. In the meantime, Saul will continue to prep the vehicles and help the others as requested.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 am

(((Rolls Carry Over)))

When he hears Saul's concerns, Rocky tries to reconcile him, "Saul we will protect you. We might not even meet any of these groups. this is a war, and it is far flung across this area. In this war we all have to band together, and there are some forward thinking CS operators. that will turn their eyes another way for the good of Humanity. think of this as a time for those CS people to see that not everyone is out to get them. I do have some contacts there. I'm planing on using."

(Rocky has CS ID as an under cover agent, Free Quebec at one time gave him a rank for destroying the sploogies foot hold in Newfoundland.)
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Thu May 23, 2019 6:47 am

(rolls carried over)

Saul inclines his head. "I will default to your judgment, then." And hope for the best.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Fri May 24, 2019 3:32 pm

Perception:1d100 = 43 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 93
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


If and when Ernstweavel overhears the conversation between Rocky and Saul, he will try and listen in. He nods his head in agreement when Rocky mentions the pros and cons of finishing up the mission. He lends a sympathetic look when Saul speaks of the CS and their stance on certain topics. "I do feel your stance on the matter. I too have similar problems with them, tho not as extreme as your. Of the Dee ilsa and Demons kill or enslave us all then it won't matter. For now they are a necessary evil to fight a bigger evil but if it does come down to it, we will defend you." I wonder how he is going to react when he finds out that ouch contract IS with the CS, though not that publicly. I do feel sorry for him. I mean at least I can blend into a crowd and hide. Him? Not so much. Rocky's got contacts within the CS? He keeps pulling out surprises. To fight this evil we're going to need some bigger firepower.

Ernstweavel stands around for a bit to see if Walcott or Beckett have any specific orders to give. If there are no orders given, he will continue to help get the caravan ready.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri May 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 1
JIC (100): 1d100 = 56
Conditions: Nothing new




Felix's ears perk up as he hears Saul's voice in distress. He looks over to see Saul gesticulating and decides to walk over and see what's going on.

He nods when he overhears Saul's description of the trouble they might face with the CS.

"Eh... I have not meet many of these CS peoples, and I hear they treat people like us..." - here he points at Saul and himself - " as trash... but les gusta los perros chicos? Por que?" he says, looking confused when referencing Dog Boys.

Hearing Rocky's and Ernstweavel's reassurances helps somewhat, but does not completely alleviate Felix's concerns, and he suspects that Saul's are not entirely alleviated either. He stands next to Saul and puts a hand gently on Saul's shoulder in a gesture of solidarity and comfort.

No te preocupes, amigo mío ... no nos capturarán.

He then looks at Rocky and Ernstweavel, and says, "War? What war?"

Spanish Translations
los perros chicos? Por que?: they like Dog Boys? Why?
No te preocupes, amigo mío ... no nos capturarán: Do not worry, my friend... they will not capture us
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Daphne » Thu May 30, 2019 6:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/32%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15; 1d100 = 13
Conditions: None.

Read Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 30/62% (Reading the signal from her spot on the barge.)
Radio: Basic: 1d100 = 86/62% (Scanning the channels for anything of interest.)

Not getting much of an answer about the next step, Daphne shrugs her shoulders and goes and parks her butt inside her transformable fighter. Daphne being bored as sin, runs a few scans via radar from the cockpit, followed by searching the radio for anything of interest. Hurry up and wait, seems to be the MO as of late. Even if Daphne finds nothing interesting, she at least feels like she's doing something.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:56 am

Rocky wrote:“Walcott from the information we got from the dragonman, things aren’t looking good. We have Demons and Devils to deal with if you’re planning to head westward. We have some new recruits that joined us. A Mage type and A fighter. We seem good on the mobility part, but maybe a bit light on the hitting power."
"Big problem is we are here and now, if we pull back not much will be left of this place and as I see it Hell might just get a foothold here. Which can be good or bad for business. The good Arm sells go up. We start taking care of this problem and if all turns out well Northern Gun will look like the savior. Profits increase, these people see you as heroes."
Bad news, a couple of things, MARS can’t fight these guys alone, we need more help, a lot more. Next if we go back east these people will remember us as the ones that ran away and left them high and dry.”
“I think the CS should be called along with the CyberKnights and 1st Cavalry. We need to organize the Native population to get them in on the action. And Anyone else we can.”
“This is the time to call in any chips!”


Walcott sighs and shrugs. "I don't think we can rely on any real support from any of those parties in our timetable. I think we should still make our way as far as Silvereno and collect the silver, and try to contact our employers in New Mexico via radio relay. They may be in a position to help and advise. And place us in a position to renegotiate.

If you want to rally the troops, maybe you can convince one or more of the Barons to help our cause. I need at least half your team to stay with the convoy to Silvereno at least, but if you want to take advantage of your mobility to try visiting some of the Barons for help, you can.* Try the one here in Testament first, I'd say.

I don't really know any tribals around these parts. How about you? If you're out recruiting and can find the right people to talk to, I wish you the best of luck.*

Or, we may have to try to find a way around. I've heard of a city of Giants in what used to be Oregon, and a town called Baker in California. Maybe there's a path between Silvereno to the north that takes us all the way west and then we make our way south and back east. That's a long ass haul, though."


Yes, everyone with acute hearing can follow the conversation even from a distance.

*You can recruit here at Testament for free. Anywhere else will require splitting the party.

(OOC: You'll need to recruit at least another group of PCs with another GM to be able to take down a Hell Pit and have it be a part of canon- that's Augur's rules.)
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:29 am

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 2
1d100 = 20


When Saul hears Walcott dismiss the idea of recruiting help from the CS, he maintains his steady appearance, but breathes a sigh of relief. The last thing I, or Felix, need is to have those jackbooted thugs marching around, and deciding on a whim we are less of an asset to them than an offense to their racist sensibilities. Thank the powers that be we won't be needing them. Though, what I would do if the opposite were the case is a serious quesiton - though one for another time.

He turns to the others. "I'm afraid I don't know your mission - beyond, apparently, heading to Silvereno. It feels as if - well, to me at the least - that this problem with the forces of hell is a bit beyond our current capacity. I fully endorse sending these creatures back to their own realms, mind you, I simply doubt we have the strength to do so currently."

"If it's our mission to go to Silvereno and retrieve silver for someone, I would suggest we honor that contract first, and return when we have a formalized plan and adequate forces to dispatch these evil forces. In the meantime, I would think it best to at least warn the Barons nearby - and trust them to warn those we cannot reach - of the threat."

I certainly hope I am not overstepping my position - I've been associated with them only a little, and ... well, if they disapprove of my contributions to the conversation they can certainly inform me of such.

Saul considers the route being planned. So, we either take a long detour, or we attempt to sneak or fight our way past.

"Perhaps... my powers of clairvoyance may be of some small use. I will attempt to engage in focused meditation - by concentrating on the route to Silvereno - and attempt to glean some insight?"

Saul will return to the hoverbarge after the conversation, and set himself up in a quiet corner, with the route to Silvereno in the forefront of his mind as he activates Clairvoyance (- 4 I.S.P.)

Clairvoyance 62% 1d100 = 16 (try to discern any portents about the trip to Silvereno - SUCCESS)
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:31 am

Perception:1d100 = 79 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 97
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


Splitting our group up? Will we have enough men to protect the caravan at that point? Isn't that why we are here in the first place? That's probably why I'm not in charge. At least Walcott wants us to continue on with our current mission. We don't want to be known for abandoning our clients. Giant?! That sound like a neat city to visit. I should remember that and take a trip there later. Ernstweavel turns to Saul when he speaks up. He smiles before he answers. Looking around to see if Felix is within earshot. If he is not then Ernstweavel will speak up a little louder than he normally talks. Well he better be able to hear because I hate repeating myself. If he doesn't, then he'll just have to get it from Saul or someone else. "That is pretty much our contract. Safeguard the caravan while they pick up some silver from Silvereno and escort them to their drop of point. If you want any more details about who hired us or the specificity of the cargo, I would suggest asking Walcott or Beckett. They were the point man. I just here to provide magical backup. But I do concur, stopping those vile creatures is high on the to do list. Sadly, I do believe you're right. We are under equipped to handle the situation at present. I suggest we try and find some worthy people to help our cause here in Testament. As we are already here and requires little effort. After that we should then continue on our way to Silvereno. Anyone else got any ideas?" Ernstweavel glances about. Making sure to make eye contact with Daphne and Rocky, since they are the senior members of the group.

Saul wrote:"Perhaps... my powers of clairvoyance may be of some small use. I will attempt to engage in focused meditation - by concentrating on the route to Silvereno - and attempt to glean some insight?"


"That sounds like an excellent idea. The more information we have, the better we can prepare ourselves. Let us know what I sought you get."
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 34/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 20
JIC (100): 1d100 = 47
Conditions: Nothing new




Felix listens to what Walcott has to say.

Este hombre debe ser el encargado de dar al grupo sus tareas.

Translation
This man must be in charge of giving the group their tasks


Like Saul, he is glad to hear that Rocky's suggestion of looping in the CS is shot down.

He bends down and whispers in Saul's ear, "Esquivamos esa bala ... esta vez.... eh, we dodge bullets thees time, mi amigo...".

Saul wrote:"I'm afraid I don't know your mission - beyond, apparently, heading to Silvereno. It feels as if - well, to me at the least - that this problem with the forces of hell is a bit beyond our current capacity. I fully endorse sending these creatures back to their own realms, mind you, I simply doubt we have the strength to do so currently."


Felix remains silent, not knowing whether or not the group has the strength to take on the aforementioned demonic forces, given he has not seen anyone in action yet.

Saul wrote:"If it's our mission to go to Silvereno and retrieve silver for someone, I would suggest we honor that contract first, and return when we have a formalized plan and adequate forces to dispatch these evil forces. In the meantime, I would think it best to at least warn the Barons nearby - and trust them to warn those we cannot reach - of the threat."


Here, Felix siezes an apparent opportunity: "I go to warn them, si? I fly fast... y tengo una armadura especial 'sigilosa', me hace difícil detectarla!" he says with a wide grin. When he gets blank stares back, he realizes he lapsed into full speed Spanish, and translates: "Eh... perdon... excuse me please... I translate... I have especial...eh... armor suit... it make me hard to see on radar and sensores... you understand?"

Saul wrote:"Perhaps... my powers of clairvoyance may be of some small use. I will attempt to engage in focused meditation - by concentrating on the route to Silvereno - and attempt to glean some insight?"


Clarividencia! marvels Felix at Saul's mention of his psychic power.

"Si, Señor Sah-ool, si! Where I from, we have...eh... how you say... special cat people, like me, but not so alto.. heh..."- here, Felix puts his hand next to his head, and drops it down to indicate someone shorter and smaller than he, before continuing- "they have thees powers too! Nosotros los llamamos... eh, we calls them 'Gatos Oráculos'... you understand? Oracle cat?" he says to Saul with a smile and approving nod.

Ernstweavel wrote:Ernstweavel turns to Saul when he speaks up. He smiles before he answers. "That is pretty much our contract. Safeguard the caravan while they pick up some silver from Silvereno and escort them to their drop off point. If you want any more details about who hired us or the specificity of the cargo, I would suggest asking Walcott or Beckett. They were the point man. I just here to provide magical backup. But I do concur, stopping those vile creatures is high on the to do list. Sadly, I do believe you're right. We are under equipped to handle the situation at present. I suggest we try and find some worthy people to help our cause here in Testament. As we are already here and requires little effort. After that we should then continue on our way to Silvereno. Anyone else got any ideas?" Ernstweavel glances about.


"Eh, Señor Ern-esta-wee-bal..." - Felix struggles through the name again, as clearly it presents a challenge to him - "eh, what is this talk of 'war' and hell? We are in battle or something?" says Felix, trying to understand what seems like multiple missions or objectives from the outsider's point of view.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:04 am

(Rolls carried over)

Felix wrote:"Esquivamos esa bala ... esta vez.... eh, we dodge bullets thees time, mi amigo...".


Saul nods solemnly. "Indeed."

Felix wrote:"I go to warn them, si? I fly fast... y tengo una armadura especial 'sigilosa', me hace difícil detectarla!...Eh... perdon... excuse me please... I translate... I have especial...eh... armor suit... it make me hard to see on radar and sensores... you understand?"


Saul smiles at Felix's exuberance. I have no doubt you could make the trip in record time - but I think we could more effectively warn the local baron, and hope his word carries more weight with the other baronies than ours." I shall have to undertake to learn his language. His effort to learn American is admirable but he should not carry the entire burden alone.

Felix wrote:"Si, Señor Sah-ool, si! Where I from, we have...eh... how you say... special cat people, like me, but not so alto.. heh... they have thees powers too! Nosotros los llamamos... eh, we calls them 'Gatos Oráculos'... you understand? Oracle cat?"


Lore: Psychics & Psionics 50% 1d100 = 77 (FAIL)

"I've not heard of them, but I have no doubt their powers are formidable. I, myself, am not as powerful a psychic as some, but ... well, one does one's humble best. Perhaps after I am done with my attempt you and I could visit the local baron? I suspect we could employ some diplomacy and engage him to send warnings?" To any other members of MARS in earshot, he adds "It may help if one of you who has greater knowledge of the threat come along, in order to better explain the looming danger."

Perhaps someone more familiar with the threat should attend to this matter, but hopefully they'll have heard of the dragonoid and will be more inclined to believe. I'd wager we can make a persuasive entreaty - and at least forewarn them of the danger.




After his attempts to prognosticate any dangers along their projected route, Saul will take leave of the barge to foray into Testament. In town, he seeks to purchase two items:
(1) Textbook for learning Spanish
(1) Treatise on Demon and Deevil lore

Research 55% 1d100 = 45 (to find a reliable spanish textbook - SUCCEED)
Lore: Magic --General Knowledge: 50% 1d100 = 44 (to find a reliable demon/deevil lore book - SUCCEED)

OOC Comments
Let me know the prices and I will deduct. He'll largely be using these off-camera to pick up the relevant secondary skills.


He will then proceed to the Baron's offices - whether they are at his domicile or some civic building - and present himself (And Felix if he comes along) to whomever is the secretary or guard who controls access.

Er, hello. I am Dr. Solomon Atticus, late of the Dweomer Institute and militia, and this is my companion Señor Miguel Reyes, formerly of the Omaguan Air Force. We are both members of the mercenary company currently posted outside your town walls, who have been enjoined to protect the caravan there as well. I had hoped to speak with Baron Mendoza, if he is available, or his majordomo, so to speak. We come with warnings of danger to the Baronies at large, and would wish to see such a calamity averted."

Invoke Trust: 55% 1d100 = 26 (SUCCEED)
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:43 pm

Perception: 65%1d100 = 7
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 55

Rocky calls a meeting of the group, and when everyone gets around, he starts, "OK Samm, the Commander is going to stay here and try to find some extra help for us and the People here."

Rocky Continues, "She says we are to, at this time, continue on to Silverado, and deliver the convoy to it’s destination to complete the contract. So, the Objective is to head to Silverado with the convoy and then to await further orders, if none appear, we head back to Merctown, contract completed."

Rocky looks at all of them and starts again, “We are shorthanded. What we need is more Mercs. If you know of anyone out here or run into good candidates we will interview and hire. Finally, We will move out at dawn. Any Questions?”

Rocky continues, "We need to Hide our numbers and abilities, I have some different armor I want people to change out and be visible. I want them to think we have more than we do Does that make sense? We keep only one flyer in the air for recon. put weapons in various positions. Felix that means you grounded for a while compy, your our secret airborne unit."

"Mages I need you worKing on things that make us look like more. If they hit us I need to hit them hard and quick."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:30 pm

Quantuum and Beanpole remain in Testament to warn the locals while the rest of the group prepares to depart. It's still open ended as to who wants to approach the Baron of Testament.

Rocky steps up to take charge of the situation, spreading advice around and giving some instruction.

"Saul's Vision Quest"
Beckett's Charge

Once you enter your trance, you are bombarded with still images at first, that slowly begin motion. The scene is a mountain pass, littered with bones*. Among the bones you see the wreckage of the strangest jet fighter you've ever seen- who thought giving it arms and legs would help it's areodynamic profile? Next the view pans to a shiny metal leg sticking out of the ground. You're no expert Saul, but you'd say its the leg of a Glitter Boy.

From there, you begin to hear sounds. Sounds of battle. The view pans to see a small mixed humanoid force facing several large demonic elephants, with a host of monsters supporting each.

The scene then cuts to the MARS hover barge being unloaded of silver bricks by NG labor bots. Rocky and Wolcott collecting a large sum of credits from a woman wearing a strange but eerily familiar looking uniform. The scene pans away, and as it recedes you see that the silver is being loaded into a Death's Head Transport.

*Please give me a check for First Aid with a -30% penalty.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41/37%
JIC(20): 1d20 = 7
JIC(100): 1d100 = 29




Rocky wrote:Rocky calls a meeting of the group, and when everyone gets around, he starts, "OK Samm, the Commander is going to stay here and try to find some extra help for us and the People here."

Rocky Continues, "She says we are to, at this time, continue on to Silverado, and deliver the convoy to it’s destination to complete the contract. So, the Objective is to head to Silverado with the convoy and then to await further orders, if none appear, we head back to Merctown, contract completed."

Rocky looks at all of them and starts again, “We are shorthanded. What we need is more Mercs. If you know of anyone out here or run into good candidates we will interview and hire. Finally, We will move out at dawn. Any Questions?”

Rocky continues, "We need to Hide our numbers and abilities, I have some different armor I want people to change out and be visible. I want them to think we have more than we do Does that make sense? We keep only one flyer in the air for recon. put weapons in various positions. Felix that means you grounded for a while compy, your our secret airborne unit."

"Mages I need you worKing on things that make us look like more. If they hit us I need to hit them hard and quick."


Felix watches the thin man give his speech.

*Este hombre es muy mandón... he thinks as he shifts uncomfortably.

When Felix hears he is 'grounded', he scowls on the inside, but keeps it to himself.

"Si, Señor Roe-key, tengo una pregunta.. eh, I have question. What you mean different armor? It... may be un problema para mi... problems for me" says the Flying Tiger while raising an arm and pointing to his skin flaps and lifting his tail to wave it at Rocky.

Felix then points at the special modifications on the armor he is wearing that allow for his body to wear it comfortably, but still be able to use his abilities without restriction.

"Personalizado, entiendes? Es especial make for me, you understand, si?"

Spanish translations
Este hombre es muy mandón... = this man is very bossy
Personalizado, entiendes? Es especial... = Customized, you understand? It is special





As Felix goes with Saul to see the Baron, the Flying Tiger thinks hard. He has lived in Testament for the past year while training with his teacher, who has now left for a long vacation to who-knows-where. But, his time in Testament was not entirely spent training - he knows his way around the place and some of the locals whom have interacted with him before.

OOC Comments
GM, would Felix, having been training there for a year and living amongst the locals, know any folks who might make potential recruits? Would he have met Baron Mendoza before, and perhaps know him already? Also, him having been there for a year, I wouldn't think the locals would see him as part of a "circus" and would take him more seriously than if he had just shown up.


Saul wrote:Er, hello. I am Dr. Solomon Atticus, late of the Dweomer Institute and militia, and this is my companion Señor Miguel Reyes, formerly of the Omaguan Air Force. We are both members of the mercenary company currently posted outside your town walls, who have been enjoined to protect the caravan there as well. I had hoped to speak with Baron Mendoza, if he is available, or his majordomo, so to speak. We come with warnings of danger to the Baronies at large, and would wish to see such a calamity averted."


When they arrive at the Baron's office, Felix's demeanor changes and he speaks up after Saul: "Hola! Señor... Atti-cus, and I, Señor Reyes, we like to speak with Baron Mendoza, por favor. Es muy importante. We need to espeak to him right away." Felix says, as his military discipline takes over: his demeanor serious, his words firm, and his voice authoritative.

Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100 = 7/40%
Last edited by Felix on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:20 am

Perception:1d100 = 57 / 29%
JIC:1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 95
Conditions: Conditions: Sustain (9 days), Energy Sphere (27 days, 311 PPE)


*Haaa Haa haaa!* that's one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. That just made my day but man is it hard to understand this cat. Maybe if I were to learn another language or two but then again I am not a people person per si. Ernstweavel smiles as he watches the newcomer explain to Rocky about his unique needs. He looks over at Saul. Glancing at his armor and physique. Well I'm pretty sure he'll need some adjustments as well. We don't have time to do it here. Maybe when we get to Silvereno, we can get a moment to do that for them.




Sometime after Saul has finished his vision quest, Ernstweavel makes it over to him. Ernstweavel give Saul a light bow. "Evening Saul. How goes it? So which one of us is going to die?" He smiles and asks in a joking manner. "No, seriously, whenever your ready I would like to know what you say. Maybe I could give you some insight into what you saw. In the very least, have two of us thinking about it."




"Best of luck. I'll stay here and keep making preparations for our departure." Ernstweavel watches as the duo depart for the Baron. He shakes his head after the leave his sight. Maybe Rocky or Daphne should go with them. I would but I don't have those type of skills. These people know the danger of living out here. That's why it's called the "wild"erness, its wild. It's a good thing I'm not in charge then. Oh well, we'll just have to see how they fair.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Perception Bonus: 26% /52% on a Ley Line 1d100 = 27

JIC: 1d20 = 4
1d100 = 66

Saul's eyes widen with horror as the visions surge through his mind's eye. He sees, at first, a treacherous pass full of bones.

First Aid 40% (penalty applied) 1d100 = 22 (SUCCESS)

He sees the wreckage, and the battle unfold. Then, the sounds of battle fade, and he focuses on the hvoer barge, and finally, to his horror, the collecting of payment from CS troops.

What have I gotten myself involved in?

He staggers out of his private little sanctuary - whatever quiet corner he'd found to meditate in, to find Ernstweavel.

Ernstweavel wrote:"Evening Saul. How goes it? So which one of us is going to die?"


Saul's mouth falls open, and he finds himself uncharacteristically speechless... a look of shock and horror on his face.

Ernstweavel wrote:"No, seriously, whenever your ready I would like to know what you say. Maybe I could give you some insight into what you saw. In the very least, have two of us thinking about it."


Gathering his wits, he replies, "This..." He swallows hard, choking back emotion. Clearing his throat, he continues. "This is a matter best shared with everyone at once. Suffice to say for now that your joke was not far off the mark. Please, help me gather your... our comrades."

Once everyone has gathered, Saul addresses the team.

"I have... I am afraid there is no easy way to explain this but to say it. I have meditated upon the ... er... possible outcomes of our current course of action. I saw two distinct outcomes. The second of these... is that we will, in fact, collect the silver and return it to the Coalition for the agreed-upon sum. At least, that is how I interpret it. There was no bitterness, no anger.

The first outcome... is dire. I saw a mountain pass, littered with bones. I saw the wreckage of a plane with arms, and possibly a glitter boy. I saw a small force of various peoples arrayed against a cataclysm of demonic monsters, vast and terrible. I saw battle, and death."
He swallows hard.

He lets these words hang in the air, in silence, for a moment, so that his next words to not blunt their impact.

After a time, he speaks again. "I do not know what we are planning, with regard to the demons, deevils, and what-have-you. I can only tell you the price is... very high... unless the circumstances or the plans are altered. I intend, firstly, to warn Baron Mendoza, and press upon him the danger currently growing in the mountains. Any of you who wish to join me would be welcome."

After the discussion, Saul is more determined than ever to warn the baron, and hopefully get him to warn the neighboring barons and commit to a large military force between them to put down the evil threat.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 pm

MINI UPDATE

Overwhelmingly, the bones from the vision were of lineages of equus and bos origin- most likely wild mustangs and bison given the region you all are in. Saul did notice a smattering of what were clearly humanoid bipedal bones mixed in, but your knee jerk reaction is that they were less than 5% of the bones in total.
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
User avatar
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: GAME MASTER (No Portfolio)

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:48 am

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Ernstweavel tracks down Felix sometime before Felix head off to the Baron. An expressionless look comes across his face as he walks up to Felix. Stopping about an arms length away be slightly cocking his head. "I mean no offense by this but I can see you are struggling to pronounce my name. Yi can just call me Ernst or even E, if that would be easier for you to say. Now, as for this war and hell business. I thought everyone knew. Their kind'a like the Xicitix and we're always at war with them. They want to eradicate us and we don't want them here. We had received some I tell from our draconic friend so it is not necessarily what we were hired for but anytime I can save people from the torturous hand of those vile creature, the better. Besides it doesn't impact our main objective anyway. It can't hurt. Where have you been living before you came to Testament? Ernstweavel's expression turning from statuesque and then fading to a more friendly look. He shifts his staff back and forth between his hands as he talks.
P.P.E.: 133 / 133
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 am

(Rolls carried over)

Saul will attempt to elaborate. Struggling for words, he says, "So... er... detail. Details. The, uh, plurality of the bones I saw in the mountain pass were animal bones. Horse... bison... if I'm not mistaken. Though I saw a fair number of humanoid bones as well. Though I saw wrecked aircraft and a PA of some sort, I'll confess I did not see the occupants. So... that remains a glimmer of hope. To the question of what kinds of demons I witnessed..."

He struggles, trying to remember and describe what he saw.

"I'm afraid I'm not as well-versed in demonology as perhaps I could be - and that is a failing I will endeavor to address. However, I saw a number of creatures, elephantine in nature, as well as an array of other creatures of ill intent. On my foray into town I will seek out a treatise on demons, and endeavor to more fully identify what I witnessed."

Saul squirms, clearly uncomfortable. Though I've certainly dealt with conflict, in my position in the Dweomer militia, it was nothing on this scale... I must confess, at least to myself, that I fear I may be unequal to the task at hand. The thought gnaws at him. Momentarily, however, the Monkey Boy who had resolved to be more than a soldier, more than a scholar, and more than a simian, at that moment resolves with a concrete firmness that, in the face of a task greater than he, he will rise to the necessary height.

Yes... I must know the composure of the enemy forces. I was not trained in Intelligence in the Dweomer militia, but the basics... I feel I might master with some focus. Largely it is a matter of being able to count and identify enemy forces and advantages. The mountain pass is one - they know and have mastered the terrain with which their foes will be unfamiliar. Obviously flight is not an asset as they managed to neutralize the aircraft and the Glitter Boy or whatever - which would indicate they have good control of the air over their territory. All that remains is to identify their force complement.




In Testament, Saul will add to his potential book purchases:
(1) Secondhand field manual on military intelligence (if available)

History: Pre-Rifts 45%/37% 1d100 = 19 (to identify any such books as might be relevant - SUCCESS)
Research 55% 1d100 = 11 (to identify any such books as might be relevant - SUCCESS)

OOC Comments
This is pure flavor - to account for adding the Intelligence skill at level up or via EP. Saul will routinely seek to expand his library.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:08 am

Perception: 65%1d100 = 51
JIC d20: 1d20 = 6
JIC d100: 1d100 = 27

Rocky responds to Felix with sensitivity, “I agree Felix, you might be hard to hide with the armor but others can. OK, if it isn’t clear Mars doesn’t want you to self-mutilate your bodies. Maybe you can do something else? I’m open for suggestions I just want them to keep guessing about our numbers.”

Rocky speaks up after Saul gives his view on what he saw, “What was in your mind when you searched for the question? You saw us with the Coalition? We haven’t contacted them yet? Might mean, we need to contact the CS? You mention a pass? Maybe avoid a pass or prepare for it?”

Rocky looks at the group, “Saul can you brief us on what works against these devils, now the barge has some fire power that we got off world, we need people to man them, can you bring in support when needed, thus freeing us up to do other things? Think about it. Felix when you go and fly what are you good at that will help us. Can you drop bombs?”

"I have some special grenades Nexus and Void, on the Barge we have some Special Weapons. When we shoot gang up on them. make sure we only take on a few at a time."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35/37%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4
JIC (100): 1d100 = 91




Ernstweavel wrote:Ernstweavel tracks down Felix sometime before Felix head off to the Baron. An expressionless look comes across his face as he walks up to Felix. Stopping about an arms length away be slightly cocking his head. "I mean no offense by this but I can see you are struggling to pronounce my name. Yi can just call me Ernst or even E, if that would be easier for you to say. Now, as for this war and hell business. I thought everyone knew. Their kind'a like the Xicitix and we're always at war with them. They want to eradicate us and we don't want them here. We had received some I tell from our draconic friend so it is not necessarily what we were hired for but anytime I can save people from the torturous hand of those vile creature, the better. Besides it doesn't impact our main objective anyway. It can't hurt. Where have you been living before you came to Testament? Ernstweavel's expression turning from statuesque and then fading to a more friendly look. He shifts his staff back and forth between his hands as he talks.


Felix waves off Ernstweavel's concern related to name pronunciation and quickly replies, "Es no easy to offend me, Señor Ernesto. Pero, thank you to make easier for me to say your name," with a big grin.

He then listens intently to Ernstweavel's explanation of what they might be facing.

*Sí, estos suenan como demonios... he thinks, stroking his chin thoughtfully.

"Si, Señor Ernesto, los demonios... eh, demons... they can be mucho problemo, no?" he says, punctuating the "mucho" with raised eyebrows and moving his hands apart to indicate a problem that can grow.

Then, with a wink: "Es no problemo, Señor Ernesto. We take care of these demonios... I learn about them when I train for Air Force in Omagua, where I from. You call it Sudamerica, eh... South America. Omagua - my home town - es in Sudamerica. I come here by accident.. big magic hole in the sky, eh... how you say... como se dice...grieta... Rift?" he says, using his hands to expressively show how a Rift appeared and swallowed him.

"Then, I here in Norteamerica... lost, and very long distance from Omagua. So, I try to find home here, and go to Merctown. Someone I train with there, tell me of martial arts master here, very hard to find. So, I come here and learn from him, he take me as last student before he retire and leave, and now I find you."

During the entire conversation, Felix is animated, eyes and hands flashing while making sound effects (especially for the martial arts portion of his discussion) his bright green eyes narrowing and opening, punctuating everything he says with expressions. He clearly loves telling a good story, and is exciting he is getting the chance to do so to a new person.

"Maybe we practice sometime, si?" he offers to Ernstweavel before playfully shadowboxing a bit.

Saul wrote:He staggers out of his private little sanctuary - whatever quiet corner he'd found to meditate in, to find Ernstweavel.


Felix is alarmed when he sees Saul approach. The look on Saul's face - the color drained and the bleak, shell-shocked and horrified look in his simian friend's eyes, evokes instant concern. He approaches Saul and sees Saul and Ernstweavel interact.

Saul wrote:
Ernstweavel wrote:"Evening Saul. How goes it? So which one of us is going to die?"


Saul's mouth falls open, and he finds himself uncharacteristically speechless... a look of shock and horror on his face.

Ernstweavel wrote:"No, seriously, whenever your ready I would like to know what you say. Maybe I could give you some insight into what you saw. In the very least, have two of us thinking about it."


Gathering his wits, he replies, "This..." He swallows hard, choking back emotion. Clearing his throat, he continues. "This is a matter best shared with everyone at once. Suffice to say for now that your joke was not far off the mark. Please, help me gather your... our comrades."


Felix looks at Saul with the concern evident and written all over his feline face.

**Algo realmente lo ha sacudido! he thinks to himself while reaching out and putting a hand on Saul's shoulder to steady him.

Felix can see that Saul is carrying a heavy burden, and offers his assistance to his friend.

Saul wrote:Once everyone has gathered, Saul addresses the team.

"I have... I am afraid there is no easy way to explain this but to say it. I have meditated upon the ... er... possible outcomes of our current course of action. I saw two distinct outcomes. The second of these... is that we will, in fact, collect the silver and return it to the Coalition for the agreed-upon sum. At least, that is how I interpret it. There was no bitterness, no anger.

The first outcome... is dire. I saw a mountain pass, littered with bones. I saw the wreckage of a plane with arms, and possibly a glitter boy. I saw a small force of various peoples arrayed against a cataclysm of demonic monsters, vast and terrible. I saw battle, and death."
He swallows hard.

He lets these words hang in the air, in silence, for a moment, so that his next words to not blunt their impact.

After a time, he speaks again. "I do not know what we are planning, with regard to the demons, deevils, and what-have-you. I can only tell you the price is... very high... unless the circumstances or the plans are altered. I intend, firstly, to warn Baron Mendoza, and press upon him the danger currently growing in the mountains. Any of you who wish to join me would be welcome."


Without a moment's hesitation, Felix leaps up and thrusts his hand in the air, volunteering without even thinking it over.

"Señor Reyes es voluntario!" he says clearly and loudly, beaming with pride, but also - if Saul looks at him - a hint of concern in his eyes.

"Mi amigo, you know I go with you. I also live here in Testament for a year, so I know some peoples. Si?" he says to Saul hopefully.

Saul wrote:Saul will attempt to elaborate. Struggling for words, he says, "So... er... detail. Details. The, uh, plurality of the bones I saw in the mountain pass were animal bones. Horse... bison... if I'm not mistaken. Though I saw a fair number of humanoid bones as well. Though I saw wrecked aircraft and a PA of some sort, I'll confess I did not see the occupants. So... that remains a glimmer of hope. To the question of what kinds of demons I witnessed..."

He struggles, trying to remember and describe what he saw.

"I'm afraid I'm not as well-versed in demonology as perhaps I could be - and that is a failing I will endeavor to address. However, I saw a number of creatures, elephantine in nature, as well as an array of other creatures of ill intent. On my foray into town I will seek out a treatise on demons, and endeavor to more fully identify what I witnessed."


"Si, Señor Sah-ool, I knows... eh... some things about los demonios, eh..maybe I help you learn more about them too," says Felix to Saul.

When Felix and Saul (and whomever else, if anyone) depart for Baron Mendoza's office/location, he will help Saul by attempting to identify the demons Saul saw by description, and will assist in helping Saul find books on Spanish and Demonology, while showing interest in Intelligence as well.

Skill Roll: Lore: Demons & Monsters (identify demons in Saul's vision by description) --> 1d100 = 3/42% CRITICAL SUCCESS!

OOC Comments
Felix is planning on learning Intelligence as a skill, given he can perform aerial recon as a main duty


Rocky wrote:Rocky responds to Felix with sensitivity, “I agree Felix, you might be hard to hide with the armor but others can. OK, if it isn’t clear Mars doesn’t want you to self-mutilate your bodies. Maybe you can do something else? I’m open for suggestions I just want them to keep guessing about our numbers.”


Felix nods at the man. "Si, Señor Roe-key, entiendo. I understand. I no very good at...eh...how you say... Mezclándose... eh... 'blend in'... with groups. Es my good looks, no?" he says mischievously with a twinkle in his eye while pointing at his fur and stripes.

Rocky wrote:Rocky looks at the group, “Saul can you brief us on what works against these devils, now the barge has some fire power that we got off world, we need people to man them, can you bring in support when needed, thus freeing us up to do other things? Think about it. Felix when you go and fly what are you good at that will help us. Can you drop bombs?”


Felix perks up when Rocky references his flight capabilities. "Si, Señor Roe-key, I drop whatever you need. Bombas, grenadas, anything I carry, I can drop."

He leans over and in a conspiratorial tone, while looking around - half jokingly, because he realizes he is amongst friends at the moment - says, in a voice just loud enough for all to hear, "When in Omagua, we work on neueva tactica..eh... new tactic... fly very, very high... very very high, and drop very hard metal thing... we call 'martillo de los dioses'!!!" he says excitedly, with a satisfied grin.

Reminded once again that he is speaking Spanglish by the confused stares, Felix translates: "Hammer of Gods."

Then he shifts a bit and looks down. "Eh... one problemo... es muy frio... very cold... and no mucho aire... when fly this high" he says, looking disappointed that the plan never took fruition.

"I also... I has explosiones de fuerza psiónica, Señor Roe-key... I shoot...eh... energy bullets with my mind... I show you?"

Then, looking around, and anticipating what Rocky will say, he refrains from his proposed demonstration.

"Eh, maybe later... when not so many see, hmm?" he says to Rocky, tapping his head and winking at the thin man.

Spanish Translations
*=Yes, these sound like demons
**= something has really shaken him
explosiones de fuerza psiónica = psionic force blasts
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:23 pm

((Rolls Carry over))
Rocky looks at Saul and Felix, "I to have some abilities and things that should help us. Right now I need to go to the Barge and find a spot to meditate."

Rocky goes to his area and sets up to do a Dream Vision (p.30 Psyscape)
once establish he tells his contacts about the toe hold going on by the demons and Divels. He also mentions that they might want to start marshaling forces to help out in this area.

Last he ask them to get in contact with Free Quebec contact.

After He communicates he will use his ring's ability Oracle trying to think of a safe way around the pass that they might use and why they would be paying the CS in Silverado.
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:18 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Rocky wrote:Rocky looks at Saul and Felix, "I to have some abilities and things that should help us. Right now I need to go to the Barge and find a spot to meditate."


Felix perks up. "Si, Señor Roe-key? What you can do? I see Señor Ernesto es un mago - magic man - y Señor Sah-ool tienes...eh, he have mind powers, like me.. what you can do?" asks the Flying Tiger, interested in hearing more about the man currently acting in charge.

Felix also looks around for Daphne.

Donde esta Daphne...? he thinks to himself, wondering what Daphne can do as well in terms of what she brings to M.A.R.S.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Rocky » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Rocky looks at Felix and Saul, and then speaks up, "I make a good scout. I can go through walls and am a very good thief. I can read people's minds take over their bodies. I can do wonders with machine. There are a few other things but I think those are the basic things that will help all of us."[b]

Rocky looks at Felix and states, [b]"Being able to fly that is cool."
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 216/ 216
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Felix » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:29 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Rocky wrote:Rocky looks at Felix and Saul, and then speaks up, "I make a good scout. I can go through walls and am a very good thief. I can read people's minds take over their bodies. I can do wonders with machine. There are a few other things but I think those are the basic things that will help all of us."


*Otro psíquico! thinks the Flying Tiger.

"Si, Señor Roe-key, tu tienes...eh, you has the mind powers too!" Felix exclaims with a big grin.

Then, a strange look crosses his face. "Eh... you say, you walk through the walls? Like... un fantasma?" he asks in wide-eyed wonder. "Eh... excuse me... eh.. you call 'ghost', si?"

Rocky wrote:Rocky looks at Felix and states, "Being able to fly that is cool."


"Gracias, Señor Roe-key! I like very much. Very free. I needs eh... how you say... mecanica especial... 'especial mechanics' to change my eh... goggles... show what I see, you understand?" he says as he points at his flying goggles.

**Tengo mucha suerte de poder volar. Nunca debo olvidar esto.

Felix looks over at Saul, who still looks quite disturbed after his vision.

He reaches over and pats Saul on the back in a good-natured, supportive sort of way.

"You no worry, Señor Sah-ool. We be ok. We still too young to die. Not our time!" he says in his plucky, cheerful way.

Spanish translations
* = Another psychic!
** = I am very lucky to be able to fly. I must never forget this.
Miguel "Felix" Reyes
Current Status
S.D.C.: 621/621
H.P.: 37/37
I.S.P.: 131/131


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On
  • Nightvision (1000ft): Can see in the dark 1000 feet (305 m) and has hawk-like vision; see bonuses for initiative. Exceptional long-range, hawk-like vision provides the character with perfect 20/20 vision; can read a small sign or
    recognize a face from up to two miles (3.2 km) away when he concentrates; must have line of sight.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +5
Lethal Poison (14+): +6
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +6
Insanity (12+): +4
Psionics (10): +3
Horror Factor (varies): +0
User avatar
Felix
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:55 am

Re: Adventure 5: Different Ways

Postby Saul » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:47 am

(Rolls carried over)

Rocky wrote:“What was in your mind when you searched for the question? You saw us with the Coalition? We haven’t contacted them yet? Might mean, we need to contact the CS? You mention a pass? Maybe avoid a pass or prepare for it?”


Saul speaks carefully. "As I meditated I focused on the route before us. I don't know what role the Coalition has to play - I saw NG bots unloading silver from the barge, and you and Wolcott collecting payment from a woman in uniform. The silver was being loaded into a Death's Head transport. Perhaps they are not Coalition, but... using stolen Coalition gear. Perhaps Wolcott might know more."

He thinks a moment longer before speaking again. "The pass through the mountains. The scenes were disjointed. I saw bones, wreckage. I heard the sounds of battle. If you intend to take the pass, there will be a fight. I saw a crashed aircraft and the leg of what might be a glitter boy, so I would, were I you, expect casualties. If you are asking my opinion, I would vote to avoid the pass."

Rocky wrote:“Saul can you brief us on what works against these devils, now the barge has some fire power that we got off world, we need people to man them, can you bring in support when needed, thus freeing us up to do other things? Think about it.


Lore: Demons & Monsters 30% 1d100 = 59

"I'm... not a summoner, I'm afraid. The best I can hope to do is to beg assistance of the Baron, for now."

When Felix places a steadying hand on Saul's shoulder, he feels bolstered. This Felix... he is a stalwart soul.

Felix wrote:"Señor Reyes es voluntario! Mi amigo, you know I go with you. I also live here in Testament for a year, so I know some peoples. Si?"


He smiles at Felix. "You are certainly welcome. Perhaps you can pull strings that I cannot."

Felix wrote:"You no worry, Señor Sah-ool. We be ok. We still too young to die. Not our time!"


Saul smiles. Quietly, he says. "I have no fear for my safety, my friend. Or Rocky's, or Wolcott's. It's others I fear for." The ones I didn't see... like you. Or Beckett.
Saul, The Simian Sorceror
OOC Comments

H.P.: 20/20
S.D.C.: 27/27
P.P.E.: 99/99
I.S.P.: 74/74

Mage Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helm: 50/50
Arms: 25/25 each
Legs: 45/45 each
Main Body: 90/90
TW Features:
1st TW Feature: Armor of Ithan (10)
2nd TW Feature: Shadow Meld (10)
User avatar
Saul
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:07 am

Previous

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest