Why is it so Dark in Here?

MercTown Armored Recon Services: Interdimensional Mercenary Company

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Why is it so Dark in Here?

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun May 24, 2020 12:56 pm

Date: 7 June 111 PA
Time: 0930
Temp: 85 F

Everyone gathers in the Hanger for final gear checks. There is a slight nervous energy in the air. A new team heading out for the first time. The seasoned veterans worrying over the green recruits. After all checks are complete, Vera Leads the group to the MT LeyLine where Mr. Keller and their mage are waiting. ”I appreciate your punctuality in this matter. And I wish you best of luck. Calvin, can you please open the rift.” Calvin, the mage, is swathed in a set of hooded brown robes. He does not carry any apparent weapons and doesn’t speak but to chant out his incantations to open the rift portal. (Marvin Save vs Insanity DC 7)
For those who have never been through a rift before the sight is one of awe and wonder as the fabric of the world is ripped open before them. Through the tear in the world they can see a small campsite surrounded by a large old forest. The air coming from the rift is noticeably cooler than the nearly 95 degrees at MT. Calvin waves them through the breach. Everyone feels a tingling sensation wash over their bodies as they pass through the tear in the world. To some it feels comfortable, like an old friend. To others it reminds them of a past they would rather forget. To others it's a brand new experience. Taking one step and moving hundreds of miles. As the rift closes behind the group Calvin moves to the campsite and takes a set on the one chair there. He points to the east and motions with his hand for the group to get moving. If the group attempts to speak with him Calvin simply shakes his head and points again to the east.

The walk through the woods is quite relaxing. And keeps the attitude positive. But the anticipation keeps nagging at the back of everyone’s mind. After about 20 minutes MARS comes across a concrete mound hidden by the trees. The hatch leads to the stairs and to the first level of the facility.

Ready? And…...Action!!!!
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Re: Why is it so Dark in Here?

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:33 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 86
JIC d20: 1d100 = 95 / d100: 1d100 = 27

with Jennifer
“I know you have wanted a date and I always hate seeing you leave. Why don’t let me plan out the wedding. We can have it two months after you return from this job. I don’t expect you to stop. And it's hard every time you leave, but…” There is a burning intensity in Jennifer’s eyes, ”I’m a strong girl, and I know you’ll always come back to me.”

Rocky turns to Jennifer and say, “I love you, thank you. You know I what ever you decide is fine, two months it is. So far, I have handled demons, devils and gods.”

“Oh! the music, you know how I am with music. So, I promise I’ll try to do my best, might need some ear plugs so I don’t get to upset. Jennifer you are the strongest women I have ever seen and I will always try to get back to you.”

With the group

Rocky goes with eh rest of the team, he is dressed in his NE-BA-40 "Infantry" Medium Body Armor/ with Force Field.

Rocky leaves the room as he closes the door he does a fist pump into the air..YES!
As he leaves the hotel, he radiates a feeling of happiness that people feel as he passes, it seems to infect everyone near him.

He gets to the compound and greets Pieter and Samm, “All he says is, “Two months. Keep your calendar free. She set the date.” He smiles and head s to get all his stuff together.

He nods to Mr. Calvin then proceeds to the woods, “Samm you want me in the lead?”
Rocky take the position that Samm has suggested. He keeps an eye open and his middle eye ready.

When the stairs appear he checks to see if it is clear.
Conditions:
OOC Comments
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% /
Range: 70’

Sense Supernatural Evil:
To Identify the type: 92% / to Track 92% /
Range: 1100'

Six Sense
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Twonjym » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:53 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 13 1d20 = 15

Map: Level One

Twonjym appears in the hangar with MDC plating strapped to his body and arms and a heavy duty helmet jammed down on his head. With Pepe at his side he makes his way over to where the group was assembling, "Beckett, I hope nobody minds but I helped myself to a handful of gear in the team's stores."

He lists off the items:
  • Can of Quick-Clot
  • E-Clip
  • E-Clip
  • IRMSS Internal Robot Medical Surgeon System (4 uses)
  • NG-57 Heavy-Duty Ion Blaster

OOC Comments
These will need to be removed from the Decision Gear post.

Ladened with a variety of items in pouches or dangling from his chest rig, Jym also carries a backpack that doesn't look like its full. Regardless, nothing seems to be hindering his movement as he smiles at each person as they rally in the garage for their mission to start.

Traveling to the ley line and through rift, Jym doesn't really make too much of a mention about anything, but once through the rift and on site he speaks up, "I can take the rear. It'll give people a better sight line and my tail won't get in anyone's way."

Starring at the entrance to the underground facility, Twonjym glances around at everyone and says, "Everybody ready to go down the rabbit hole?" He glances around at the newly formed team again and continues, "Check your weapons, make sure you are fully charged and loaded. If not, let me know."

He stops himself from saying anything else as he realizes that he may have just over stepped his place in the group. Looking over to Beckett, Jym says, "Sorry, old habits are hard to break." He gives Beckett another toothly smile before he pulls an air filter out of his backpack and straps in to his face.
Last edited by Twonjym on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 63; JiC d20: 1d20 = 9

Vera, with Hazel's assistance, had not only managed to purchase a set of light armor to further augment her cybernetic defenses, but had managed to fit the pieces easily to her foreign frame, the modular design of the armor quite capable of being rapidly adapted to her form. They had also, after finding the painting process to be going more smoothly than anticipated, managed to paint the light armor to match the rest of her design as well, and she waits in the hangar along with the others, watching quietly as they prepare. As for herself, she decides to leave her wings behind, stashing them in the MARS headquarters after obtaining permission from Pieter to do so.

It did mean she wouldn't have access to her mini-missiles, and any flight by her would be from her jets and far less quiet than gliding on her mechanical wings, but considering their destination was to be an underground facility, the explosives would be just as much a detriment as a boon, and she wouldn't be doing much flying in any case. She could use her jets to fly or assist her combat just fine, if it came to it.

She stays close to Hazel, feeling more comfortable with the Psi-Tech she's spent time with so far than the other members of the group, while waiting in the hanger, but once everyone is ready takes lead quite quickly.

Once through the rift, she looks around, still quite in awe of the process of rifting. She has only done so twice before, to visit this very same facility in fact, and she gives Calvin an appreciative nod for the magical feat. As the others begin to sort themselves, she notices that there has yet to be a firm team dynamic in place yet. Although, she thinks to herself as she watches, Samantha will likely know what to do, and the D-Bee seems to have held a leadership position before.

She steps forward as they walk, keeping to the front to help guide the group to the facility, and is the one who opens the hatch once they arrive. "Let us move in quickly. If there is a hostile presence here, I would rather we get ourselves situated before anything realizes we are here." She looks down the stairs with some measure of familiarity, but only a passing knowledge of the area is present for her, not having come into the facility by this particular entrance before. She focuses on listening to anything that may be within, the crimson 'borg relying on her amplified hearing to discern anything of note.

Skill Rolls
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 92/60% - Keeping an eye out in case whatever has caused the facility to go dark is watching the emergency entrance/exit.
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 43/55% - In case something is hidden, either as a trap or a warning.
Tracking (People): 1d100 = 78/55% - To keep an eye out for footprints or tracks leading to or from the facility, looking specifically for signs of fleeing, and if found the direction of travel.
Last edited by Vera Morozov on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!

M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 117/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 0/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 5/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 0/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 117/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 84/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each - Not Present at Moment.
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.

Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Hazel Meade » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 42% (35% base, +15% on rolls involving electronics, machines, or their combination)
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 84

As she accepts the new suit of armor from Beckett, Hazel thanks her, "Vielen dank. I will see to fitting. I have Vera's armor fixed and painted. Also, Vera new armor fitted and set. Will see to my own equipment now.". With that, Hazel begins packing up what gear she thinks she will need for this mission, plus the new laser torch. Wanting the torch easily at hand, she clips it's power pack to her armors belt and the holster for the torch itself right next to that.

Having never witnessed a Rift up close, Hazel is quite fascinated by the experience of traveling through one. She reaches out a hand to the blue glowing energy as she passes through. Once the group is through the gate she waits for Beckett to tell her and the others what to do.
Hazel Meade
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 39

Samantha checks over her gear one more time. Her armor laid out on the bed, recently cleaned of any carbon scoring. Her two rifles with four e-clips each. Her pistol set aside in its holster with its energy clip as well. Okay Sammy, another mission. She sighs softly, the feeling of leadership resting on her shoulders weighing heavily. Quickly she puts her hair up in a bun, and starts getting dressed. Once outfitted into her body armor, she makes sure her weapons are fully charged and loaded. Picking each one up, looks down the barrel and stows it on her person. "We got this," she says to herself as she drops her faceplate into position.

Samantha walks out of her quarters on the first floor and see's that everyone is gathered. She has a hard case backpack attached to her armor, and a rifle over one shoulder with another in her hand. "Okay ladies," she bellows her voice at everyone. "We got a mission, it's simple and clear. We crack open the facility, and wrestle control from whatever locked it down." She takes a few steps in front of everyone. "We only have the gear that we take or find. We move out in fifteen. Let's do it!"

Rocky wrote:“All he says is, “Two months. Keep your calendar free. She set the date.”

"Congratulations," she pats the Psi-Ghost on the shoulder. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." She watches her friend walk away to grab his gear. Then she turns around to see the familiar German mechanic.

Hazel Meade wrote:"Vielen dank. I will see to fitting. I have Vera's armor fixed and painted. Also, Vera new armor fitted and set. Will see to my own equipment now."

"Excellent," her voice is quiet and supportive. "Get to your gear, we are heading out shortly. Bring the laser torch, we may need it."

Twonjym wrote:"Beckett, I hope nobody minds but I helped myself to a handful of gear in the team's stores."

"Yeah, that's fine. We just log what we take out. And log what we bring back. Then purchase what we need to resupply. So, it's all good."

Stepping through the rift was much different than what she was used to. Every previous time, she was inside a vehicle. But even then it was kind of familiar and reassuring that the science or physics of magic stayed the same. Formation, she keeps, What is the best groupings. Rocky in front, followed by Vera. Twonjym in the back. Minerva, Martin, and Hazel in the center... Mix it up? I wish I had my tank...

Rocky wrote:“Samm you want me in the lead?”

It was like the Psi-Ghost had read her mind, "Yes. I want you in point." She then directs her voice to the cyborg. "Vera, I want you riding shotgun with Rocky. Keep back some distance and on the opposite side. Followed by Minerva, Hazel, myself, and then Martin. Twonjym, you take the tail," She pauses a moment before adding. "No pun intended. We don't know what it's going to be like getting to the facility, or once we walk in. Everyone be on high alert." She hefts her rifle and starts to march opposite of Hazel.

When they get to the entrance. "Everyone halt," she radio's everyone. "Rocky assess the situation, then bring Vera forward."

Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 14 / 95%
Military Fortifications -- 1d100 = 35 / 55%
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Minerva » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 77/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 60

Minerva walks through the rift suited up with her cloak draped over her armored shoulders, hood up. ”It is beautiful, no? Every time, I always think this.” Minerva enjoys the walk through the woods, paying attention to the nature around her, but not talking too much or making too much noise in case they get close to their destination and give themselves away.

When Jym calls for a weapons check, Minerva pulls her Heavy Laser Pistol and connects her right UEL to it. Once the connection is secure, she releases the safety and nods her readiness. She falls into place in the marching order and then waits for further orders once Rocky heads in.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

• I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:31 am

"Rolls Carry Over"
Rocky looks at the locking mechanism. He pulls out his Picks and turns on his portable 3d computer. for any reference or identification marks.

Basic Electronics―90% 1d100 = 78

Surveillance Systems―105% 1d100 = 4

Mechanical Engineer―75% 1d100 = 94

Basic Mechanics―85% 1d100 = 38

Computer Operation―105%1d100 = 97

Computer Hacking―75% 1d100 = 60

Pick Locks―95 1d100 = 51
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 am

Time: 1130
Temp: 85 F

Sam begins falling back on her military training to keep everyone moving in the same direction. While it would have been easy for a relatively new group to fill the walking time with idle chatter they are, instead, professionally quiet while moving through the forest. While the group gathers around the hatch and Sam directs security be set up, Rocky and Vera move to see what they can do about opening the door. Rocky locates a small digital screen and what looks like a holo-emitter on the right side of the hatch. As Rocky begins to ready his tools to force his way through the digital locks a mechanical voice emanates from the digital lock. ”That will not be necessary. Scan indicates Vera Morozov is present. Facility is in lock-down. Deduction. You are part of a rescue party. Status Up Date, Facility is in full lock-down. Disposition of on site personnel is unknown. Vera and company please make your way to Floor 1 security area for issuance of security passes.” The computer shuts down, there is the whirring of heavy motors as the hatch splits down the middle and opens up to reveal the stairway below. The stairs have several switchbacks and go down for approximately 50 feet. Florescent lights flicker to life on the side of the stairs providing a slightly uneasy feeling in it's illumination.

Rocky: You do not pick up on any Supernatural Evil in the area.

Vera: You do not see any tracks in the area. You spot the concealed computer terminal but nothing else.

Sam: The Hatch is industrial grade. Likely heavy MDC material. It has been well hidden in a small glade hidden from sight. The hatch and stairs should support the weight of Vera and maybe a little more, but not much beyond that. You assess this door would likely take more demolitions then you have on hand to blast through.

All:
The hatch is open and the stairs are lit. You can see nothing moving in the stairwell.

Ready? And....Action!!!
M.A.R.S. GM

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Marvin Prescott » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:14 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58% (30%)
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 4

Beckett wrote:It was like the Psi-Ghost had read her mind, "Yes. I want you in point." She then directs her voice to the cyborg. "Vera, I want you riding shotgun with Rocky. Keep back some distance and on the opposite side. Followed by Minerva, Hazel, myself, and then Martin. Twonjym, you take the tail," She pauses a moment before adding. "No pun intended. We don't know what it's going to be like getting to the facility, or once we walk in. Everyone be on high alert." She hefts her rifle and starts to march opposite of Hazel.

Martin nods once and fires off a short, "Yes ma'am.", before taking the 2nd to last spot in the groups marching order. Glancing down, Marvin checks that his C-14 is loaded and safe then pats Grinner on the head, motioning the wolf to stay behind him. Looking down at the belt on his new armor, Marvin fumbles a bit with the force field, but finally getting it turned on. Now that he has his personal gear sorted out, Marvin keeps his head on a swivel, keeping an eye out for traps or an ambush.

{Skill Rolls}
Detect Ambush 60% / 1d100 = 33%
Marvin Prescott

Postby Vera Morozov » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 92; JiC d20: 1d20 = 7

Vera is silent a moment, straining her cybernetically enhanced hearing for any sounds emanating from below, out of vision from the top of the stairs. She turns her helmeted head and nods to Rocky, "I see nothing moving. I will keep us appraised if I hear anything." She turns her attention then to the others, trusting Rocky to keep an eye on the way down in case something does come up as she addresses the rest of the group. "I believe I should keep ahead of the group. Although you have all seen the map, I have been to the first floor in person, and can best guide us to the security station. With luck, the administration robot on this floor will still be present and functional as well."

If it has held up as well as this security system has, Vera adds to herself.

If there are no objections, Vera will take point, sliding out her Vibro-Scythe if there is room and arming herself with it. There is no telling what hostiles could be in here, and she wants to be as prepared as possible. She ignores the creaking of the stairs beneath her talon-ed feet, frowning as a nearby light flickers, playing hell with her multi-eye's light amplification system. She pauses at every switchback, halting for just a few moments to listen and determine what's ahead if she can, as well as looking back to the others occasionally to make sure enough room is between herself and them. The stairs seemed just enough for her weight, she didn't want to test them with any excess by bunching up on the relatively thin stairwell with her allies.

Skill Rolls
Tracking (People): 1d100 = 84 / 55% - Looking for footprints, blood, anything that could be a sign of recent passage or presence of people on the stairs.
Prowl: 1d100 = 29 / 40% - The stairs can barely take her weight, and now that they're in the facility she wants to stay as quiet as a cyborg possibly can. No sense giving away their position because of a creaky step.
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 13 / 60% - Watch and listen in the stairwell, being prepared for hostilities at every point.
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

M.D.C. by Location
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each - Not Present at Moment.

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.

Constant Effects
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Twonjym » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d100 = 42 1d20 = 11

Townjym gives a sharp nod to Beckett as she gives the marching order. When what he can only assume is the security system speaks up, Jym nods along to the instructions to go to the first level security station for badges, as he thinks, Lets hope the computer system ain't gone psycho and it's what's causing the lockdown.

Jym gives Pepe a scratch on the ear and tells the robot wolf, "Stay close my friend." He grins as Marvin and he do almost the same action with their remarkably similar robot companions. If he catches Marvin's eye, he will give the man a nod.

When they start moving into the facility, Jym speaks up just a little and says, "Make sure to keep a little distance from one another, so if a trap gets sprung it might only catch one or two of us, but never fall out of sight of the person in front of you."

He nods to everyone as they enter the base, and when he's the last to go, he gives a slow count of three as he pulls the multi-optics band from his harness and slides it on, keeping the optics set to clear for the time being.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 43

Conditions
Sabre
  • N-F50A Forcefield: 160/160 (OFF)
  • Main Body: 180/180
  • Helmet: 80/80 (-4 to strike)
  • Left Arm: 60/60
  • Right Arm: 60/60
  • Left Leg: 90/90
  • Right Leg: 90/90
  • Left UEL: 6/6 (-6 to strike, -10 when moving)
  • Right UEL: 6/6 (-6 to strike, -10 when moving)

Marching Order
  • Rocky
  • Vera
  • Minerva
  • Hazel
  • Beckett
  • Martin
  • Jym

"Well, that was easy, no?" Minerva remarks at the hatch identifying the group and opening for them. Coming in behind Rocky and Vera, she keeps a keen eye open as she walks down the switchback staircase. She keeps her Heavy Laser Pistol in her right hand, ready for any 'welcoming parties' that might arrive. The rubber soles of her armor keep her quiet but that becomes irrelevant when travelling with this many people who are not. Minerva switches to infrared and then ultraviolet for a brief moment while walking down the stairs to look for any features of the building's defense that would otherwise go unseen.

"Any guesses as to what has taken over this facility? My bet is on a pack of Bruutasaurs who scared everyone to death." Estoy seguro de que es más grave que eso. Pero después de lo que he pasado recientemente, es bueno mantener las cosas alegres.

Translations
Estoy seguro de que es más grave que eso. Pero después de lo que he pasado recientemente, es bueno mantener las cosas alegres. =I'm sure it's more serious than that. But after what I've been through recently, it's good to keep things lighthearted.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 74

Samantha agrees with Vera's assessment that she should go first. "Go ahead Vera. If they recognize you it's probably safe for us to go in." Her voice was strong and with little hesitation. Her eyes flick around at the HUD system within her helmet making sure she was apprised of the situation. Her fingers flexed around the grip of her Northern Gun rifle, the end pointing to the ground making sure it's in a safe direction, but still easily pulled up into position when the need arrives.

Underground, no place to maneuver... Why couldn't it have been in the open prairie of the Arkansas Protectorate. She adjusts her rifle in her hands a bit more. The fidgetiness is starting to get to her as Vera walks into the building. Hearing Townjym's words, was nothing but true. "Listen to Twonjym, keep your spacing, and watch each others back."

As everyone walks through the coridor, Samantha keeps her eyes open. Her eyes dart to structural supports looking to see if they may be compromised.
Quantum
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:42 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 14
JIC d20: 1d20 = 2
JIC d100: 1d100 = 89

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% / 1d100
Range: 70’
Sense Supernatural Evil
Six Sense

Rocky turns on His Flash light and looks around he descends the stairs and checks to see if he can go intangible.
Ghosting.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:57 pm

Time: 1145
Temp: 72 F

As the team descends the stairs Vera takes the lead. The slow moan of her weight settling the stairs echoes through the stairwell. The flickering lights and hollow ringing of everyone's footsteps do not help the mood as they proceed down the stairs. As they descend everyone not in environmental armor can tell the stairwell is under some kind of environmental controls as the temperature drops quickly to a comfortable 72 degrees F. The absolute silence of the stairwell serves to set everyone on edge, even those well versed in combat have rarely heard a place so quiet. And if they have nothing good ever followed. Conversation is thankfully kept to a minimum during the descent. Twonjym gives some tactical advice and Minerva’s questions go unanswered for the time being. Their voices echoing in the stairwell a few moments after they finish talking. No one notices anything out of the ordinary in the stairwell. The maintenance of the stairwell has been good. Given no one uses this route for the facility it is remarkably free of dust or other particles.

BANG!!!! (Everyone save vs horror factor 12)

Suddenly from behind Vera and in front of everyone else a crash of gear echoes through the stairwell making everyone jump. Everyone see's Rocky's armor go lifeless and crumple onto the stairs as if the strings were just cut from a puppet.
(Vera, Hazel, and Marvin) It looks as if Rocky has died on the spot.
As Rocky moves about he can not move through the walls of the stairwell. When he tries to move through the wall he is rebounded, with a flash of light as his flashlight shatters on the stairs. Rocky is thrown through the stairs and falls through the empty space below the stairs to the floor below. Laying at the base of the stairs Rocky’s lower half is under the stairs and he is looking up into Vera’s faceplate looking down at him.

--Rocky, you are prone, part of you is in the stairs, you are intangible, you have you black jump suit on you phase sword, crystal rifle, NE-6SL and CTF auto shooter on you; Your armor and all other gear is 25 feet above you on the stairs.

After everyone collects themselves the group finds themselves at the base of the stairs in a small foyer and a door with no perceptible means of opening. As Vera stands next to it to make room for the others coming down the stairs the door slides open with a hiss. Vera can see a potted plant in front of the doorway. Vera can also recognize that they have come out on the left side of the reception area. The light from the reception area is bathed in sulfurous yellow as emergency lighting provides the only illumination.

Vera realizes her exposed position as the white light from the stairwell silhouettes her and casts her shadow into the main reception area. For a moment Vera waits and listens. There is no sound coming from the reception area. No footsteps, no rustle of clothes, no breathing of people. Just more silence. Hazarding a glance Vera can see partly down to the reception desk. In the yellow glow of the emergency lighting the desk is unmanned. Chair pushed in, not a pen out of place. She can see no signs of a struggle here.

Ready? And….Action!!!!
Attachments
Level_1 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Vera Morozov » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 22; JiC d20: 1d20 = 12

Save vs Horror Factor: 1d20+4 = 19 vs 12.

"Блядь," the Russian soldier calls out, managing to keep the expletive quiet. As the gear crashes to the floor, Vera spins on the spot, the grinding of metal on metal unnoticed from her quick movement hidden underneath the sound of Rocky's suit smashing to the ground. Vera is frozen for a moment, not willing to believe that they had already lost one of their number, and to an unknown cause at that. Slowly, though, she finds that she is actually staring into his face, ghost-like and almost invisible against the background of the stairs. "This is your Ghosting then, da? Perhaps you should notify us when you are doing so. Let us hope not everything on the first level heard that."

There goes the element of surprise, surely, Vera thinks to herself. Despite that, however, she carefully peers out into the first floor. As she is greeted with silence, she carefully steps out into the hall. With no room behind her to go, she would rather have space to move about as needed instead of being crammed in a doorway if something suddenly happens. She keeps her scythe at the ready, scanning with her enhanced hearing and looking about. Finally she speaks up enough for the others to hear, "I don't hear any movement, and it doesn't look like anything violent happened here. We should push to admin. Slowly."

Skill Rolls
Tracking (people): 1d100 = 2 / 55% - to find any traces at all of the employees who work here, if possible.
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 38 / 60% - To be ready in case something tries to jump out at them.

Translation
"Блядь," = "Damn," or "Fuck!"
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Twonjym » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:35 am

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d100 = 15 1d20 = 2

Save vs HF: 1d20+10 = 19

Twonjym stays calm and still when Rocky's gear falls to the floor. Well that little test of abilities could have gone better. Maybe the lad should fiddle with his powers more at the base than trying new things on a mission. In other circumstances he might have given a chuckle but right now when staying quiet was the best option, he starts to pivot and look about, hoping the noise didn't attract anything that will be an issue.

After they have all made it to the base of the stairs, Twonjym catches Rocky's eye and gives a questioning look before Vera speaks up. With her assessment of the all clear, Twnojym says quietly, "Agreed. Lets push forward. Two by two. Cover the pair in front of you and don't bunch up." He glances over to Beckett and gives the senior member a nod.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:03 am

Rocky in the Bunker

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 74
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1 / d100: 1d100 = 3

Rocky is a bit embarrassed at what just happened, with him ghosting and the suit falling to the floor. I gotta get me some better armor. It his is what newbies do. He speaks up, "Sorry guys I was just going to look through the walls to see what might be waiting for us.He puts up his Psychic Body Field (30) (110 MDC -30 ISP 22 mins)
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 14
Psionic Invisibility (10 ISP 11 mins)
Telekinesis (10 ISP for 20LBs of weight, for 22 mins)

Rocky TKs his suit and other items down to the floor behind them. He plans on moving the pile using TK as they go to secure the rooms for now. Later he will get back in to his armor in a secure area. .

Rocky takes a deep breath and looks through the walls on either side to see what might be there.(up down left and right). And pulls back to report( east door , south wall ).
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 43/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 87

Save vs Horror Factor: 1d20+6 = 22/12

Conditions
Sabre

Marching Order
  • Rocky
  • Vera
  • Minerva
  • Hazel
  • Beckett
  • Martin
  • Jym

In her environmental armor, Minerva doesn't notice the temperature controlled building. With each of Vera's footfalls, Minerva cringes slightly. Espero que no haya sensores de presión. Este no es exactamente un equipo secreto. Ella es esencialmente un tanque pequeño. Aún así, increíblemente útil. Estaremos bien. As she thinks that, the loud bang resonates throughout the stairway. She doesn't react in an exaggerated manner, rather she whirls around with her pistol aimed at the source of the sound. Maldito infierno. Ahí va cualquier elemento de sorpresa. She notes that Rocky doesn't seem to be present in the armor. "This isn't going to be a frequent thing, right?" She smiles as she sees him half-in/half-out of the stairs. "It's a good look, chico."

Minerva gets nervous when the door with no opening mechanism blocks their way. Tal vez pueda usar mi telequinesis para quitar la puerta de sus goznes. Pero si está vinculado a una alarma, eso podría hacer que todo esto sea mucho más difícil. Mierda ... ¿Qué hacer? Of course, Vera's proximity causes the door to activate and Minerva relaxes. Por supuesto.

Vera Morozov wrote:"I don't hear any movement, and it doesn't look like anything violent happened here. We should push to admin. Slowly."

Twonjym wrote:"Agreed. Lets push forward. Two by two. Cover the pair in front of you and don't bunch up."

Minerva nods her understanding and pairs up with Hazel to cover Rocky and Vera. She suppresses a chuckle when she sees the pile of gear belonging to the invisible Rocky dragging along on the ground, seemingly of its' own power. "Subtle."

Translations
Espero que no haya sensores de presión. Este no es exactamente un equipo secreto. Ella es esencialmente un tanque pequeño. Aún así, increíblemente útil. Estaremos bien. = I hope there are no pressure sensors. This is not exactly a covert team. She's essentially a small tank. Still, incredibly useful. We'll be fine.
Maldito infierno. Ahí va cualquier elemento de sorpresa. = Fucking hell. There goes any element of surprise.
Tal vez pueda usar mi telequinesis para quitar la puerta de sus goznes. Pero si está vinculado a una alarma, eso podría hacer que todo esto sea mucho más difícil. Mierda ... ¿Qué hacer? =Maybe I can use my telekinesis to take the door off its hinges. But if it is tied to an alarm, then that might make this whole thing much more difficult. Shit... What to do?
Por supuesto. = Of course.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 12 | 1d100 = 15

Horror Factor if needed: 1d20+3 = 23 vs 12 (wow Nat20! definitely not phased)

Rocky falls through the floor, right in front of Samantha. His gear just flopped to the ground. Samantha has seen Rocky go through objects before. It was after all a special ability the man was born with, and used to great ability. But the bit of clumsiness was something she has never seen with the Psi-Ghost. Is it the stress of the last mission? His proposal? I need to say something, but what? Finally it hit her, "Rocky! Get out of the floor, and get your head into the game." Her words were hushed but stern, almost like a mother hen.

When Twonjym speaks up to Vera's announcement that it was all clear, she defers to the Sheriff's manhunting skills. "Listen to Twonjym, sounds like a solid plan. Marvin you and Twonjym in the rear. Hazel your with Minerva. Rocky fall in with Vera, scout ahead as appropriate." Samantha refrains from telling him not to fall through a floor again. Sure that the master thief wasn't going to halfway ghost through something again.

As she passes through the door, her Northern Gun rifle was at the ready. Pointing to the left, then the right. Making sure that nothing was going to come out of the woodwork at her. "Let's get to the controls and see what's going on. Vera, let me know if I need to tap into the security system."
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:05 pm

Time: 1215

Everyone

After everyone gets their jabs in at Rocky’s expense everyone goes back to their cold professionalism. The group splits into two columns to move through the longer entryway, ensuring space for combat should that arise. It does not. The only sounds are your foot falls and the buzzing of the emergency lights. The silence is astounding. The large doors of the lift on the right and the receptionist desk on the left. The lift has only a single button with an up arrow. Should anyone attempt to push it nothing happens. It feels as if the entire facility had just stopped. As Vera makes her way to the computer at the admin desk, Rocky continues down to see what may lay beyond the walls for them. The others continue their slow movement down the hall with all but Sam following Rocky to a set of double doors.

Rocky, Hazel, Marvin, Twonjym, Minerva
As you come to the set of doors they appear to be made of some kind of metal and they retract into the wall on either side. Rocky, still dragging his gear behind him, has been easier to see since he put up his Psionic Force Field. Everyone watches as Rocky walks into the wall. Counter to everyone’s expectations he hits it hard and stumbles back a few steps. Rocky noticed his Psychic Body Field impacted the wall.

After several moments of looking around for a keypad or something to get the door open it slides open with a sharp hiss, causing those near it to jump. They can all see a second set of doors further down the hall. It appears to be a security hallway. The hallway has several scanners and other devices to ensure nothing enters or leaves the facility that is not supposed to. A moment later the other set of doors hiss open as well revealing a large room and the lift doors on the far side. There is still not sign of anyone.

Sam, Vera

The admin computer glows softly as they approach. It looks like someone left it in standby mode. A cursory search shows a woman named Melisa was the last person logged in and that was yesterday. It appears that everyone here made their way to the second level to wait out the lockdown. Vera is able to locate the command to open the security doors on this level. The Lifts are still locked down and require an actual admin droid to unlock. You are able to create emergency passes for the other members of MARS. The computer tells you they are waiting in the security office. The two of you move back to the rest of the group as they are investigating the now open security doors.

Everyone

The first floor has been well and truly abandoned. While it is a mystery as to why, upon investigating the floor there is nothing of significance. Vera is able to procure ID badges for the group. They should act like master keys for all normal doors. MARS is able to locate a small computer lab, where most of the communications ran through. Unfortunately all the stations are dark and do not respond to attempts to get them working. It appears their power has been cut from a different section of the base, likely in response to the lockdown. Based on the map MARS is able to locate the next stairwell leading them to the second level. The next stairwell looks identical to the last one with one difference. It is lit by yellow emergency lights rather then the white light from the first stairwell.

Abilities/Skills
Rocky- You sense magic emanating from all the walls, floor, and ceiling of the facility. It feels like when you are near TW devices.
Rocky- You do not sense any evil presences or any other presences. Which seems odd to you.
Everyone- Rocky is radiating embarrassment from his previous new guy mistakes.

Vera- You can see scuffs on the floor where people have trod. They lead to the lift down to the next floor. The path to the stairwell has not been used by anyone save yourselves.
Vera- While you do see some good places for ambushes, none are set in the immediate vicinity.

Butcher Bill
Rocky= -60 ISP
Vera=
Sam=
Mavin=
Minerva=
Twonjym=
Hazel=

(Everyone I need you to add your active abilities to the beginning of your post. You can use an ooc tag to keep it neat. If I have to go looking for them again they will not be acknowledged or I will make something up for it.)

Ready? And....Action!!!!
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Twonjym » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:42 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d100 = 8 1d20 = 10

Detect Ambush 75%: 1d100 = 99

Twonjym takes the new ID badge, when offered by Vera. The fact that this level is empty and shows no signs of foul play does not put the Grackletooth at ease. Don't slack now. Things are just getting interesting and are likely to go sideways fast. He grins at the others from behind his air filter whenever they make eye contact.

Making his way to the stairs down, Jym looks over the plant blocking the door as well as the door itself. If all looks safe, he will move the plant out of the way and get ready to open the door as they form up. "Lets keep it the same. Two by two. Don't bunch up. This level may have been clean but don't let that put you at easy. Stay focused and on guard." He makes it a point to catch Rocky's eye and give the man a small nod.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:59 pm

Rocky in the bunker

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 48
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3 / d100: 1d100 = 66

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
o Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
o Duration: Constant
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Range: 1100' (+100')
o Duration: Permanent effect
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 31
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 100
Sense Magic Energy
o Range: 1,900' (+100')
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 32
• Range: 70’ (+5’) To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences
Intangibility
• Can become intangible and walk through solid objects.
• Horror Factor: 14
• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
• Can carry 20 lbs. with him

Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses
[OOC]Coma/Death: +6
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+1
Insanity (12+): +3
Psionics (varies): +3
Horror Factor: +2
Illusions: 0
Battle of Will: 0
Mind Control:+4
Possession: +4

Activated
OOC Comments
TK(10 ISP for 20LBs of weight, for 22 mins)
Ghost
Psychic Body Field (30) (110 MDC -30 ISP 22 mins)

Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 47
Rocky continues to TK his gear, and when the badge his handed to him he say, “Just put it on the suit that I’m TKing” knowing that they would not be able to pin it to his suit.

Rocky- You sense magic emanating from all the walls, floor, and ceiling of the facility. It feels like when you are near TW devices.
Rocky- You do not sense any evil presences or any other presences. Which seems odd to you.
Everyone- Rocky is radiating embarrassment from his previous new guy mistakes.

"I don’t sense anything supernatural but there is magic all around us the like the walls."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 90/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 15

Conditions
Sabre

Marching Order
  • Rocky
  • Vera
  • Minerva
  • Hazel
  • Beckett
  • Martin
  • Jym

Minerva clips her ID badge onto her chest rig. She follows with eyes open and scanning as Rocky takes the lead. The series of doors opening for them is convenient if not ominous. "Down this next staircase then?" She notes the difference in emergency light color and takes note in case it becomes relevant later.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37/41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 7; JiC d20: 1d20 = 5

Constant Effects

With nothing found on the first Vera frowns. This is most unsettling. Everyone gone in just one day, no signs of a struggle? What has happened here?

Out loud, she speaks to the others, "It appears the administration droid is not here. We should move on to the next floor. The computer mentioned that a person named Melisa used it yesterday, and from the scuff marks it seems everyone used the lift to make it to the second level. We should not overspend our time here."

Twonjym wrote:Making his way to the stairs down, Jym looks over the plant blocking the door as well as the door itself. If all looks safe, he will move the plant out of the way and get ready to open the door as they form up. "Lets keep it the same. Two by two. Don't bunch up. This level may have been clean but don't let that put you at easy. Stay focused and on guard."

Vera nods in agreement, "Of course. The next floor is where it seems the staff fled to, at least the ones on this floor. We should be wary of anything that could have prevented them from coming back up outside of the lift being inoperable due to the lockdown. I'm sure at least a few knew of these stairways, but they appear to be completely unused aside from ourselves."

She does not seem particularly shocked at Rocky's informing them of the magical nature of the walls, and simply nods when Minerva confirms the way down the stairs. Again, she will keep in front with Rocky behind, leaving space between herself and the others to keep from getting too bunched up.

Skill Rolls
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 2 / 60% - Keeping herself aware of any possible dangers as they head down the second stairway.
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 2 | 1d100 = 16

Frak! This system, isn't going to let me in. She quickly prints out the emergency security passes. "Okay guys, we got our passes. So we can be identified as friendlies." She walks over to the security booth and grabs the passes. She hands some to Vera to pass out, and does the same. For Rocky, she pins it to his armor, then pins hers to herself as well.

"Twonjym is right. In fact, Sheriff you probably have more experience in manhunting and building breaching than the rest of us. So keep the information flowing. Hazel keep up, and stick with Minerva. She's your wingman and your hers." Samantha knows she doesn't have to say much to Marvin, as he was a soldier before.

She pulls her rifle off her shoulder again, "Okay, ready for the next level. Everyone else?" As soon as she gets the go ahead from the rest of the team they move forward down the staircase.
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:45 pm

Time: 1220

Now armed with their shiny new badges MARS makes their way down to the second level. Still unsure of what caused all of this, MARS proceeds as cautiously as ever. The thoughts of what might lay before them continue to get ever more worrisome. The mind starts to become your own enemy with nothing in front of you but the irritating buzz of the yellow lights.

Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs Rocky and Vera open the hidden door with their presence like last time. As the door retracts Rocky is suddenly hit with the overwhelming sense of dread. The feeling of supernatural evil so close to him is like a slap in the face on a freezing day. It nearly causes him to step back. The door reveals the sounds of screams, gunfire and the snarling of beasts. The flickering lights are now amplified by the backlight of the gunfire down the hallway. From their position Vera and Rocky can see several soldiers fighting a retreating action, trying to herd 4 civilians back toward MARS’s position. MARS can see them engaged with several Dog looking bipedal creatures wielding ranged weapons and armor. The soldiers are additionally contending with a swarm of 6 foot long flies. Several of the flies breakthrough and descend on the four civilians in the back. They can also just make out three people being drug around the corner at the end of the hallway behind the dog creatures. Screams from around the corner continue and fade behind the din of combat. "Get these things off me!!!" One soldier shouts as the flies begin to swarm them.

(Rocky: Sixth Sense Trigger. Supernatural Evil; multiple Demons; within 300 feet, outside of 70 feet)
(Minerva: Sixth Sense Trigger.)
(Vera. See PM.)
(Marvin: Save vs Insanity)
(Everyone: Save vs HF 11)

Details:
  • The 4 civilians are crouched down to protect themselves.
  • Ranged combat from MARS current location has the potential for Friendly Fire.
  • The 2 Dog creatures on the side walls are behind partial cover (Aimed shot to hit). The third is prone to limit his profile (-2 ranged strike).
  • Each Fly Icon has 4 flies in it.

Butcher Bill
Rocky= -70 ISP
Vera=
Sam=
Mavin=
Minerva=
Twonjym=
Hazel=

Congratulations...you’re in combat! So...What Now?
Attachments
Level_2 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Twonjym » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:03 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 62
JIC: 1d100 = 54 1d20 = 19
Init: 1d20+6 = 22
Init: Pepe: 1d20+4 = 15

Save vs HF: 1d20+10 = 18
Save vs HF (Pepe): 1d20+8 = 21

Lore: Demons & Monsters 60%=1d100 = 79

Twonjym gives a chuckle, "Bugs. Pepe, protect the civies.", then he and his robot wolf take off down the hall. Frak, I should listen to my own advice. Well, I got Pep with me.

Pepe is about three times faster than him, but Jym runs forward none the less, drawing his sword as he goes and watching Pepe charge ahead. When Pepe gets to the group of civilians the robot wolf will try to put himself between them and the demon flies, striking out at any flies that make a move toward the people.

As Jym draws near the civilians he shouts "Move Back!" Then, arriving a few moments behind Pepe, he leaps over the group of civilians. Watching when the ceiling gets a little too close as he soars over the group, he tries smash one of the flies under foot as he lands. If none are close enough he interposes himself between the civilians and the demon flies, swatting at the flies with his vibro-sword.

Attacks Jym:
1-3. run to the group of civies
4. Kick/Smash fly: Strike 1d20+5 = 8 Dmg: 1d6+17 = 21 MD OR vibro-sword strike fly: 1d20+3 = 22 Dmg: 3d6 = 13 MD
5. vibro-sword strike fly: 1d20+3 = 10 Dmg: 3d6 = 16 MD

Attacks Pepe:
1. run to the group of civies
2. Strike fly: 1d20+6 = 7 Dmg: 1 MD
3. Strike fly: 1d20+6 = 20 Dmg: 1 MD
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 72
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14 / d100: 1d100 = 67
INIT Dice: 1d20 +2+3 1d20+5 = 19

Rocky has a Horror factor greater than 11

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 25
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 2
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 21
Intangibility

• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +6

Activated
Ghost
Enhance Reflexes 10 ISP 22 mins
PSi-Sword 30 ISP 55 mins

Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 100

Rocky on the 2nd level sees fly like demons going after some civilians and what looks like guards, ( ID Foes Dice 25%). He knows he has to act fast. He Creates his his psi sword( 30 ISP 55 mins )it cast a blue light and is shaped like a rapier. (Not sure I can attack this turn)

As he runs down the hall while communicating with the ring, Dirk, there is trouble I need to cause chaos down the hall where the three large Demons and the hell flies, with that I think we can delay them from attacking us and free the civilians. I know two of the Guards will be caught in the area but we have to do this. Rocky raise his hand with the ring on it and up high so the ring can get a view.

He then closes on the demons that are attacking the civilians but see that they are blocking the hall. so goes to the far right of the hall thank heaven he is a ghost and he passes through them. As he does so, he then turns solid.

He turns quickly to attack the flies on the civilians and he creates mind power Enhance Reflexes (10 ISP 22 mins). (AGAIN, why his Strike and Parry bonuses are so high)

He then attacks the fly demons over the civilians if any of the demons are still around if not he moves to the guard to free him of the demon flies. And He continues the attack( for the remainder of his Actions )

7 Actions

Action 1 psionic power Psi-Sword, in one hand his Phase sword
Action 2 Power from ring goes off down the hall Warp Space (BOM page 138)
Action 3 Rocky Passes the group as a ghost and once passes he become solid.
Action 4 Rocky brings up power ofpsionic power Enhance Reflexes 10 ISP 22 Mins and runs down hall
When a psychic uses this ability, he greatly enhances his mind-body connection, hand-eye coordination, and reaction time. This power allows the psychic to be more agile and aware of his body. For the duration that this power is in use, the psychic gains the following bonuses: + 1is Psi Sword and attack per melee, +3 on initiative, + I to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all Physical skills that rely on coordination or balance. (Rifter: 25, page, 75)

Action 5 slashes at one of the flies around the civilian (Group 1 or the Guard )
Cant do this Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 14
Damage: 10d6 = 39

Phase Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 21
Damage: 4d6 = 18

Action 6
cant do this Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1[color=#00FF80] 1d20+13 = 31 Critical
Damage: 10d6 = 45
90[/color]
Phase Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 15
Damage: 4d6 = 13

Action 7
Cant do this Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 22
Damage: 10d6 = 27

Phase Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 24

Parry +9+4+2
1d20+15 = 35 , 1d20+15 = 35 , 1d20+15 = 28 , 1d20+15 = 26 , 1d20+15 = 21 , 1d20+15 = 21 ,
Last edited by Rocky on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 96; JiC d20: 1d20 = 6
APM: 5 (6 using only claws and polearm)
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 22

Constant Effects

Save vs HF: 1d20+4 = 15

Vera hardly needs a moment to react to the demonic presence, and the guards and civilians are instantly her primary concern. "I'm moving in, taking out the ranged combatants. There are more demons heading further into the facility." Her words are clipped and serious, and she flashes forward to join the fray. Demons! And they want the droid too. Do they plan on lifting the lockdown as well? She pushes those thoughts to the side as she engages with the enemy.

Cyborgs are known for being huge, devastating weapons of war, only somewhat less dangerous than their purely robotic counterparts. Fast, tough, strong, and dangerous, Vera proves she is all of those things as she flashes forward at massive speed, easily outpacing Pepe and Twonjym as the pair have a similar idea to herself. She leaps over the group of civilians, watching as Twonjym and Pepe work to protect the group of them, and Rocky move to protect one of the nearer guards if/once the nearest flies fall. As she lands on the other side of the group, she continues her charge, throwing her Vibro-Scythe directly at the prone dog-creature, rating the beings with ranged weapons a high threat as they'll simply keep peppering the civs and guards from afar.

Regardless of where her polearm lands with the thrown strike, she will briefly turn her attention to the swarm of flies badgering the guard that Rocky is not able to get to, swiping at the flying pests with her claws as she passes, giving the guard a nod for luck as she refocuses on the far targets reaching them quickly. She rips her Vibro-Scythe from where it landed, sweeping it around and slamming it down again on the prone demon, sweeping it up afterwards in an arc, slamming the blade against the demon on the side of the corridor leading further inwards, leading backwards towards the opposite demon to rake her claws across its face.

Action 1: Throw Vibro-Scythe at prone dog-demon - Strike: 1d20+8 = 17; Damage: (4d6)+2 = 2 + 18 = 20 MD
Action 2: Claw at a fly attacking the guard - Strike: 1d20+9 = 10; Damage: 3d4 = 9 MD - Crit Fail!
Action 3: Claw at the same fly if alive, at a different one if dead - Strike: 1d20+9 = 18; Damage: 3d4 = 7 MD
Action 4: Slam prone demon with Vibro-Scythe - Strike: 1d20+10 = 26; Damage: (4d6)+2 = 2 + 14 = 16 MD
Action 5: Sweep at corridor demon with Scythe - Strike: 1d20+12 = 23; Damage: (4d6)+2 = 2 + 10 = 12 MD
Action 6: Slash at corner demon with claws - Strike: 1d20+9 = 11; Damage: 3d4 = 4 MD

Auto-Parries: 1d20+13 = 32 ; 1d20+13 = 31 ; 1d20+13 = 20 ; 1d20+13 = 18 ; 1d20+13 = 24 ; 1d20+13 = 29

Dodge Contingencies: If she is fired upon with ranged weapons that she can't parry by the dog-demons, she will give up her 5th and 6th action to dodge - 1d20+12 = 13 - Crit Fail! ; 1d20+12 = 30
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 5 | 1d100 = 54
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22
Horror Factor: 1d20+3 = 12 / 11

Conditions:
ForceField Activated: 160/160

Samantha has seen the horrors of demons before, knowing full well that some of her foremost weapons of war would barely knock them down, let alone take them outright. Demon's were what brought her to Rifts Earth in the first place. Her eyes scan back and forth looking for the human's in trouble and the ones that weren't.

"Bugs!" she mutters under her breath. She drops her NG Rifle on Rocky's floating rig and takes one of his Shard Pistols. I know my rifle didn't do squat to these things the last time we fought them. Rocky always has something in his bag of tricks. As she comes up with pistol in hand, Samantha turns to Hazel, "Hazel get these doors set to close in case we need to retreat to the next level."

With that she turns and starts to run down the hall, her exoskeleton in her armor powers on along with her forcefield. "Start moving toward the door." she yells at the people as her pistol fires at one of the mosquito's above their head.

Action 1: Put Rifle down
Action 2: Pull Pistol
Action 3: Run down hall to where the group of civilians are at
Action 4: Single Shot: 1d20+3 = 17 (+4 if Energy Pistol) | Damage: 3d4 = 7
Action 5: Single Shot: 1d20+3 = 10 (+4 if Energy Pistol) | Damage: 3d4 = 5
Action 6-8: Reserved for Dodge (+8 not added in): 3d20:
20, 15, 12

OOC Comments
TW Shard Pistol
Range: 700'
Damage: 3D4 M.D. per shot or 4d6 M.D. per burst
Rate of Fire: Single shots or 3-shot bursts only
Payload: 12 shots per P.P.E. Clip
Weight: 2.5 lbs.
Features: None
Modifiers: None
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:18 am

Time: 1220:15

Well It certainly did not take long for things to go south. Sam remembers previous times encountering demons and stronger resistances then the one being faced here. "Bugs!" she mutters under her breath. She drops her NG Rifle on Rocky's floating rig and takes one of his Shard Pistols. I know my rifle didn't do squat to these things the last time we fought them. Rocky always has something in his bag of tricks. As she comes up with a pistol in hand, Samantha turns to Hazel, "Hazel get these doors set to close in case we need to retreat to the next level.". Sam can see the exchange of laser fire between the Dog-monsters and the guards. The Dog monsters focuses on the guard on the right as energy blasts from the flies and lasers from the dogs cut him down in an instant. Energy blasts cracking his chest plate as the lasers smashed through burring into the wall behind him as he collapses to the floor."I'm moving in, taking out the ranged combatants. There are more demons heading further into the facility." Vera says as she makes herself a large target as she throws her vibro-Scythe at the center Dog-Monster. The Scythe cuts through the gap in his armor and he howls in pain. The Flies become the real threat as they use energy blasts as a group. As Vera charges the Civilians open the door to an office and jump in. The trail person is just a hair to slow and is fried by an energy burst from a Fly. Her charred corpse slams into the door as it closes. Black soot framing the impact.

Rocky Reaches out with his mind to his rune item, Dirk. Dirk, there is trouble I need to cause chaos down the hall where the three large Demons and the hell flies, with that I think we can delay them from attacking us and free the civilians. I know two of the Guards will be caught in the area but we have to do this. Rocky raises his hand with the ring on it and up high so the ring can get a view. And immediately gets laughter in his head. Hey kid I’m still back here. I’m still bumping around in your armor. I’d love to help but well you might want to do a better job at keeping track of your stuff. The laughter continues for several seconds before Rocky Sees Vera moving into the line of fire. Rocky moves himself into the fray.

The remaining two guards manage to hold their own as they fire into the cloud of flies around them. The guard further back makes it his personal mission to eliminate the laser fire coming from down the hall. He takes just a second longer to fire but the results are worth it as a trio of lasers slash through the head of the dog-monster on the right. The Center Dog-Monster has grabbed Vera’s Vibro-Scythe and vanished from sight. As Vera moves to assist the forward most guard, she miss-judges her space and accidentally hits the guard in one of his pauldrons. Ironically he returns the favor with a deflected shot to her right leg and looks at her sheepishly. In addition the flies have deemed her the target to hit. She manages to dodge a few blasts but the volume of fire is overwhelming as energy skitters across her armor leaving deep furrows and marring the paint that had been so recently applied. Vera is not the only target for the flies however. One group targets the guard she is next to. The same energy ripples over his armor shattering the protection on his left arm. He instinctively turns that side away from the attacks and returns fire blasting a fly out of the sky. As the fly crashed to the floor Pepe jumps into the fray attempting to attack the flies. Pepe misses his jump and crashed into the wall and gets stuck between the wall and the tree stand the guard is using for cover. Jym can feel the embarrassment coming off his companion.

Jym is soon able to enter the fight. He realizes he should have stuck with the ranged weapons as it takes him forever to get into the melee. But once he is there he is able to help down another fly as he jumps through the air swinging his sword. Seven flies take up a blocking position as the other flies, around the forward most guard, are killed by the MARS crew now entering into the fray. ”Ya’ll took your sweet time back there!” The rear most guard calls out as MARS pushes forward. Vera’s enhanced hearing picks up on claws hitting the floor behind her. Vera side steps, out of the way, as the Center Dog-Monster attempts to skewer her with her own weapon. A quick parry and she reverses the blade sliding it between the gaps in his armor. He lets out a small whine as he perishes on the end of her blade and slowly slides to the floor. Rocky assists with taking down the final fly near the guard. Standing there in just his clothes and weapons, he does feel a little exposed.

MARS is now faced with a wall of seven flies blocking the way.

Details:
- Seven Flies left 4 on the left 3 on the right.
- Two Dog-Monsters down. The third is nowhere to be seen.
- One civilian and on guard are down.
- The guards are armed with what looks like Wilks Pulse Rifles

Butcher Bill
Rocky= -80 ISP
Vera= -33 Main Body; -20 Head; -26 Left Arm; - 30 Right Leg
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol
Mavin=
Minerva=
Twonjym=
Hazel=

Well...You're not dead yet. I'll Have to work on that. What Now?
Attachments
Level_2 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Beckett » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 11
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 9

Conditions:
ForceField Activated: 160/160
Shard Pistol: 10/12

Samantha tries to dispatch the flies around the civilians and is elated that they moved further down the hall. Damn they are fast, she drops the Shard Pistol and pulls the rifle to bear. Knowing full well that the range on the rifle is much better than her untested pistol. Let's see how this three galaxies rifle does. She squeezes the trigger and lets loose energy beams at the flies down the hall.

As the guard next to her somewhat complains about cavalry, she quips back. "Well, you have two options, share the fun. Or we can pack our toys up and go back home." As she fires another laser burst down the hall.

"Old Set of Actions"
Action 1: Drop Pistol, pull up rifle
Action 2: Fire at Flies: 1d20+4 = 10 | Damage: 4d6+6 = 24
Action 3: Fire at Flies: 1d20+4 = 18 | Damage: 4d6+6 = 19
Action 4: Fire at Flies: 1d20+4 = 20 | Damage: 4d6+6 = 20
Action 5: Fire at Flies: 1d20+4 = 21 | Damage: 4d6+6 = 17
Action 6: Fire at Flies: 1d20+4 = 11 | Damage: 4d6+6 = 16
Action 7: Fire at Flies: 1d20+4 = 23 | Damage: 4d6+6 = 25
Action 8: Fire at Flies: 1d20+4 = 20 | Damage: 4d6+6 = 18

After a brief discussion with SoaF - I am going to do Burst Fire with the rifle instead.
Action 1: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 23 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 60
Action 2: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 24 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 60
Action 3: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 13 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 40
Action 4: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 12 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 40
Action 5: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 14 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 60
Action 6: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 20 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 60
Action 7: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 17 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 70
Action 8: Fire at Flies: 1d20+5 = 19 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 70

Dodges as needed (sacrificing up to 3 actions) +8 not added in: 3d20:
19, 7, 19
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Twonjym » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:15 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 44 1d20 = 4
Init: 1d20+6 = 16
Init: Pepe: 1d20+4 = 10

"Good try Pepe. Now get yourself unstuck." Jym shouts as he raises the rifle in his other hand. Being a strong sum'bitch comes in handy sometimes. Though usually its when someone needs to move. He grins to himself at the unspoken joke as he fires off a barrage of particle beams over the head of the guard and down the hall at the demon flies on the west side of the hall.

1. fly strike: 1d20+3 = 16 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
2. fly strike: 1d20+3 = 20 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40 MD
3. fly strike: 1d20+3 = 18 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40 MD
4. fly strike: 1d20+3 = 23 NAT Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10 MDx2=20 MD
5. fly strike: 1d20+3 = 11 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 MD

up to 2 Dodges as needed: 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 23

Pepe spends his time getting free of the potted plant.
1. move OR Dodge 1d20+4 = 13
2. move OR Dodge 1d20+4 = 13
3. move OR Dodge 1d20+4 = 19
Last edited by Twonjym on Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 40
JIC d20: 1d20 = 3 / d100: 1d100 = 58
INIT Dice: 1d20+5 = 23

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 22
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 43
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 13
Intangibility

Six Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
[OOC]
Coma/Death: +6

Activated
OOC Comments
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 32
Psi Sword 55 min 30 ISP
See Invisible Range: 120 feet double on a ley line.
Duration: 22 min I.S.P. : 4

Rocky on the 2nd level
Combat is still going on and he is a bit frustrated. And he sends the feelings that he is angry.

He quickly adjusts his eyes so He can see the Invisible. (Speed 33) If he sees one invisible demon he notifies the rest, "Hey we have invisible demons at the ..." He then will go after it.
If not He will move down the center of the hall to engage the flies

7 Actions
Action 1 psionic power See invisible

Action 2 runs to the flies if no invisible. center of hall.Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 31
Damage: 10d6 = 28
Phase Sword Strike: 8+4+1 1d20+13 = 23
Damage: 4d6 = 12

Action 3 Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 27
Damage: 10d6 = 46

Phase Sword Strike: 8+4+1 1d20+13 = 26
Damage: 4d6 = 12

Action 4 Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 24
Damage: 10d6 = 47

Phase Sword Strike: 8+4+1 1d20+13 = 18
Damage: 4d6 = 11

Action 5
Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 29
Damage: 10d6 = 32

Phase Sword Strike: 8+4+1 1d20+13 = 17
Damage: 4d6 = 15

Phase Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 18

Phase Sword Strike: 8+4+1 1d20+13 = 17
Damage: 4d6 = 9

Action 6
Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 23
Damage: 10d6 = 40

Phase Sword Strike: 8+4+1 1d20+13 = 29
Damage: 4d6 = 16

Action 7
Psi Sword Strike: +8+4+1 1d20+13 = 23
Damage: 10d6 = 30

Phase Sword Strike: 8+4+1 1d20+13 = 27
Damage: 4d6 = 9

Parry +9+4+2
1d20+15 = 21 , 1d20+15 = 29 , 1d20+15 = 18 , 1d20+15 = 27 , 1d20+15 = 27 , 1d20+15 = 18 , 1d20+15 = 27
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 41; JiC d20: 1d20 = 1
APM: 5 (6 using only polearm and claws)
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 26

Constant Effects

Vera takes the blasts and strikes to her armor in strides. While the immediately ruined paint job is a bit of a bummer, it wasn't like she didn't know it was likely to happen. If need be, she thinks to herself as she finishes skewering the demon that tried to use her Vibro-Scythe on her, I can just get it painted again. Force field, maybe? With those thoughts out of the way, she quickly scans the battle area, noting with a frown the casualties the guards and civilians had taken. Every death felt like a failure on her part. It was her job to protect them, after all.

"Once the civilians and guards here are safe, we need to press inward. I think the demons are looking to lift the lockdown and bring more of themselves in!" She calls out as the battle turns more into a shooting gallery.

Shaking away the dark thoughts and mission objectives, she turns to the remainder of the flies, watching as Rocky charges in and as Jym and Samantha begin firing on the swarms. If Rocky points out where an invisible demon may be, Vera will take note, focusing on the flies so she doesn't accidentally harm her allies, taking careful aim so not to hit anyone who might get into melee into the fray like she had earlier.

Actions 1-2: Flip her Scythe around and fire (Aimed Shot) its Ion-Blaster at the larger swarm of flies on the left, moving out of the way of Jym's line of fire as she does - Strike: 1d20+7 = 22 ; Damage: 4d6 = 13 MD
Actions 3-4: Fire (Aimed Shot) once more at another fly in the swarm - Strike: 1d20+7 = 20 ; Damage: 4d6 = 16 MD
Action 5: If the invisible demon shows up and isn't eviscerated by Rocky's phase sword, she will jump forward and slash at it with her Vibro-Scythe - Strike: 1d20+12 = 18 ; Damage: 4d6 = 12 + 2 = 14 MD

Auto-parries: 1d20+16 = 20 ; 1d20+16 = 20 ; 1d20+16 = 35 ; 1d20+16 = 21 ; 1d20+16 = 29

Dodge Contingencies: If no invisible demon shows up, 5th action will be reserved for a dodge as needed: 1d20+12 = 23
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Time: 1220:30

Jym looks at his companion, "Good try Pepe. Now get yourself unstuck." Jym shouts as he raises the rifle in his other hand. Jym’s fire is much more effective then his blade was. As Pepe works himself out of the planter box, Jym pours the fire into the swarm of Flies. One energy blast comes his way and smacks him in the head (-16 MD Head). After that their attention shifts to Rocky who has charged into the center of the flies and is swinging a sword around. Jym continues to drop flies but not fast enough to save Rocky from himself.

Vera takes her time lining up her shots making sure they are clean. With Rocky and other friendlies arounds she knows she can not be too careful. "Once the civilians and guards here are safe, we need to press inward. I think the demons are looking to lift the lockdown and bring more of themselves in!" She calls out as the battle turns more into a shooting gallery. Vera takes fire initially as she was the last big target (-28 MD Head). However Rocky has now taken her place as she has elected a more careful and considered approach to the fight. Vera assists in downing several flies as Rocky continues to take all of the fire from the flies.

Sam unleashes a torrent of energy and notices her rifle hits much harder then the guards pulse lasers. As the guard next to her somewhat complains about cavalry, she quips back. "Well, you have two options, share the fun. Or we can pack our toys up and go back home.". The guards chuckles, ”I like you. You can stay.” He continues to fire as Sam dodges an incoming energy blast. The two of them make a deadly pair as they are able to drop one fly working together. They drop fly after fly. In the middle of the fight the Guard near Sam calls out, ”Black!!’ and reloads his weapon and calls, ”UP!!” A moment later the other guard makes the same calls as he reloads his weapons. As the tides turn Sam sees the unthinkable as Rocky’s protection shatters around him and he is forced to a knee.

Rocky charges headlong into the fight. Looking for the last Dog-Monster but not finding it before he is in the midst of combat with the Flies. Lasers streak past him, felling several flies however he has now become the center of attention. The Flies unleash torrents of energy upon the Psi-Ghost shattering his Psionic Protection. The sudden shock of not being in his armor or having his ring, causes him to falter as he takes several steps back. The two remaining flies hammer him with more energy. Rocky takes the first blast on his Phase Sword trying to knock it asside. The power of the energy rips the sword from his hands and sends searing pain into his left arm dropping him to a knee. He can see the second ball of energy moving towards him. He has no time to move. He feels himself being yanked backwards as the energy engulfs his left side. Sweet agony tears through him as he crashes to the ground. It lasts for only a moment as the lights fade from his sight.

Vera and Sam finish off the final fly as Rocky’s body is pulled behind their position by an unseen force. They look back to see Minerva with an outstretched arm summoning Rocky to her. Minerva is still looking down the hall and physically covering Rocky with her body as she pulls him to cover. For the moment no one breathes. Silence falls in place of combat. The rear Guard is the first to break the silence, ”Taylor, check on Tom. I’ll check the Civilians. To our new comers I’m Larkin, this is Taylor and that was Tom. Glad you could make it. How is your man?” Larkin is matter of fact. His tone conveys no emotion. He looks back to see the civilian corpse by the door. ”Damn, lost another.” He looks to the first person to approach him, ”We have been fighting for the past ten hours trying to get to the surface. We started with near two hundred.” He motions around him, ”Well you can see how many we have left. Are you all they sent?”

Upon examination, Rocky is missing part of his left arm from the elbow down. From the elbow up to his shoulder is black and charred, blood slowly oozing from red cracks in his charred skin. As if one had held their arm behind the engine of Sam’s fighter for an extended period of time. Rocky is still breathing, somehow, but it is coming in short ragged breaths.

Details:

- All Flies have been eliminated.
- Two Dog-Monsters down. The third is nowhere to be seen.
- One civilian and on guard are down.
-Rocky is down

Rocky: You are unconscious. Roll Save VS insanity; Roll Save VS Coma; You have 11 HP and 0 SDC.

Butcher Bill
Rocky= -80 ISP; -82 SDC; -38 HP
Vera= -33 Main Body; -48 Head; -26 Left Arm; - 30 Right Leg/ - 2 Shots Ion Blaster
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol/ - 12 Shots from HI-80
Mavin=
Minerva=
Twonjym= -4 shots from NG-P7/ -16 MD Head
Hazel=

Congratulations you are out of combat...Now what???
Attachments
Level_2 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Rocky » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Rocky in the bunker
Perception: 80% 1d100 = 7
JIC d20: 1d20 = 11 / d100: 1d100 = 16

INIT Dice: 1d20 = 10 +2+3
Spent 2 Ep for crit Save
Save VS insanity; Insanity (12+): +3 Automatic Critical Succes

Roll Save VS Coma; Coma/Death: +6 Automatic Critical Succes
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 78; JiC d20: 1d20 = 13

As Rocky falls, and the battle ends, at least for the moment, she can do nothing medically to aid her fallen comrade. Hearing his breathing, however ragged, with her heightened hearing does allow her some comfort that he had not lost his life. Still. She turns to, of all people, Jym, speaking to him, although her words likely reach Sam's ears as well. "Bugs, hmm? It is one thing to show confidence in front of those you lead. It is another to underestimate your foe." She looks pointedly at Rocky, her tone level, "Anyone can be bested by anything, should they be unprepared or unwilling to understand the dangers."

She moves to the guards, taking a moment to survey the damage done to their numbers. Two hundred? We have come far too late. We need to do damage control now. Losing even just one more is a heavy loss. "Larkin, da? I am Vera Morosov. As for our man, I can hear him breathing. If he receives immediate medical aid, he might yet live. So many deaths in ten hours. I am sorry to hear it." Her tone is a bit more personal, almost odd considering the almost machine-like presence she holds. "We are all that has been sent, but we can confirm the level above is clear. If you can, it would be best to ferry the remaining civilians there. Our team is going to head further in, I overheard some of these demons mentioning a need to find an administration droid to lift the lockdown. If that is there goal, then ours needs to change.

"You said you were fighting to the surface, da? This means that these demons came from the lower levels. Do you have any clue as to their origin?" She frowns behind her helmet, taking in the consequences of that. It is possible that the research facility itself is the source of this trouble. She shakes the thought away. More important things were at hand. She straightens and turns to Sam and the others of the team. "These guards have been through hell and back protecting themselves and the scientists here. The level above is clear, it might prove to be the best area for medical relief for any other staff we come across." She didn't need to voice the unspoken 'if' that statement held. "If we can get Rocky back on his feet, he needs his gear and armor back on. No more stunts like those pulled here. Even the flies are a serious threat."

Skill Rolls
Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 2 / 88% - To help ease the guards to her team's presence, and possibly get some extra information out of them.
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 69 / 60% - To stay aware of her surroundings, and keep an eye/ear out for demon activity nearby.
Military Etiquette: 1d100 = 47 / 60% - Simple things like posture and tone to help solidify her position as a leader to the guards, and get them to listen to her advice and orders if needed.
Intelligence: 1d100 = 65 / 60% - To glean what information she can from her conversing with the guards.
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 57 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 11 | 1d100 = 9

Samantha watches as the mangled body of Rocky gets pulled back by an invisible force. Damn it! She curses to herself as she fires another volley at the remaining flies. As they drop, she is finally able to relax a little. She quickly looks around to survey the damage. Her voice is cool and calm, a seasoned soldier. Knowing that how she responds in a crisis, can mean life and death in a combat zone. "Does anyone have a Medical Kit for Rocky?" Her comment is directed to MARS, knowing full well that the civilians would have probably used everything they had already. Jym has the team IRMSS Medical Kit

Standing next to Larkin, she let's Vera continue the conversation. Samantha pops open the faceplate of her helmet to speak to the man. "Samantha Beckett, MARS. We were hired to find out what's going on in this facility and reopen it." Listening to Vera talk about the change in plans, "Depends on how many there are. But we definitely need to make sure they don't lift the security, till we clear it out."

"Larkin," Her voice is calm. "Anything we should know about this facility? Anything you and your team have done to prevent the Demons from coming up, and prevent us from going down? Weapons lockers that were cleared out, lockers that weren't? Any surprises we should expect?"

Heading over to the rest of MARS, "Sitrep? How's Rocky. Anyone else take any damage or needs repairs? If so, get with Hazel, she can repair your suits."

If there is a moment to spare, she puts down her facemask and allow herself a moment of self pity. What was he thinking? Jennifer! He has a wedding to attend! I should have made him stay back at the base. When someone comes up to her, she pushes painful thoughts to the side and soldiers on. "Everyone, check your ammo, and gear. Make sure everything is in its place, and your wearing your frakking armor."

Charm/Impress -- 1d100 = 41 / 30%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 35 / 40%
Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 35 / 95%
Military Fortifications -- 1d100 = 45 / 55%
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Sum of All Fears » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Mini-Update

Rocky:

You find yourself standing in the center of a large cathedral in the center of a shaft of light. The light feels warm and familiar. You find your mind is fuzzy and you have a difficult time concentrating. Unsure of how you got here fear spreads as you can not move yourself. The rustle of fabric lets you know there is someone else here. Unable to see much past the light heightens the response. But you quickly clamp down on your fear. Keeping your mental bearings, a figure emerges. Long flowing black robes shroud the figure and billow as he walks. He moves slowly to within a few feet of Rocky before stopping. The figure throws back his hood revealing a man with handsome features marred by unforgiving green eyes and a wicked sneer warping his olive skin.
”Well, well, well. What are we going to do with you?” The voice is familiar but it's difficult to place. ”Look at what you do with one of life's greatest gifts. Life and the love of a woman. Friends and companions. And what did you do? Threw all of them away. And what was the reason? Well. Even I’m not sure about that. I would love for you to tell me why you jumped into the middle of that fray so completely unprepared. I even told you I was not with you. Me, who you have relied on for so long to get you out of tough scrapes. Left behind like an afterthought. I feel genuinely hurt that you could forget the person who saved you from Nxla’s grasp so recently.” The past comes rushing back to Rocky in a flood of images from Nxla, to Jenifer, to his last job and the suicidal charge into the middle of 7 enemies with no plan or coordination with the team. With the images came pain. A searing pain on his left side. But the voice cut through. You finally recognize the voice of your Rune Ring.
”Well, you do have a strong will to live. I guess you have a reason or something.” The figure takes a step forward towering over Rocky for a moment, ”Discard me again and we’ll see how long you last.” Rocky’s view becomes a pin point with everything rushing to the center. As the figure becomes distorted Rocky can hear the laughter. The menacing maniacal laughter of a mad man Echos in Rocky’s head as his eyes flutter open.

Everyone else:
Vera wrote:"Larkin, da? I am Vera Morosov. As for our man, I can hear him breathing. If he receives immediate medical aid, he might yet live. So many deaths in ten hours. I am sorry to hear it." Her tone is a bit more personal, almost odd considering the almost machine-like presence she holds. "We are all that has been sent, but we can confirm the level above is clear. If you can, it would be best to ferry the remaining civilians there. Our team is going to head further in, I overheard some of these demons mentioning a need to find an administration droid to lift the lockdown. If that is there goal, then ours needs to change.

"You said you were fighting to the surface, da? This means that these demons came from the lower levels. Do you have any clue as to their origin?"

Larkins nods to Vera as he opens the room the civilians had taken refuge in. "Neg. All I know is they came from the lower levels. We had to destroy one of the admin droids so it wouldn't fall into their hands. I know they are looking to lift the lockdown, but I'm not sure why." Larkin looks to MARS for a moment looking them over. "I wish you the best. I can not travel further in. I have to get these people to safety."

Sam wrote:"Larkin," Her voice is calm. "Anything we should know about this facility? Anything you and your team have done to prevent the Demons from coming up, and prevent us from going down? Weapons lockers that were cleared out, lockers that weren't? Any surprises we should expect?"

Larkin has a small smirk as he looks at Sam. "Well if you haven't figured it out yet the facility is able to prevent rifting, phasing, and other methods of unwelcome entry. So I'm not sure how the demons got here. Might have been something on the lower levels. I only have access to level five and up. Commander Townsend would know more if he is still alive. He is our security head. Usually hard to kill but these demons are relentless. Other than that I have not been able to rig any traps along our line of retreat. As far as weapons lockers they have all been stripped. Well at least from Level 5 and up. Not sure about the lower levels but we came up from five. On some of the floors the demons fought with our own weapons, so the likely hood that they were able to acquire our weapons is high. They are standard Wilks 457 pulse rifles. The three dog demons had them. There could be more so be cautious. Once these people are taken to safety myself and Taylor will guard the exit to the surface. In case anything slips past you well make sure it doesn't make it to the surface." Larkin begins to usher the three remaining civilians to the back of the MARS area. "I'm glad your man is ok. He must be tough. I've seen to many turned to a cinder by those flies." Larkin will wait for a moment for any additional questions.

Rocky begins stirring as he regains consciousness.
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Minerva » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 85

Conditions
Sabre

Marching Order
  • Rocky
  • Vera
  • Minerva
  • Hazel
  • Beckett
  • Martin
  • Jym

Placing Rocky down gently using her telekinesis, Minerva quickly shields his body from any incoming damage that might be headed his way.
Beckett wrote:"Does anyone have a Medical Kit for Rocky?"

"I can do better." Like she has practiced so many times before, she focuses her mental energy into stabilizing Rocky's health. (Touch of Health: +1d6*10 = 60 SDC, +30% to save vs Coma, -15 ISP)
"Rocky, can you hear me? You need to get your armor on. NOW." What the frak was that?

With Rocky taken care of, Minerva turns her attention to the facility. She had been momentarily distracted by the sight of the swarming flies. They brought her mind back to Crimea and how she had been rescued from the sapping sludge that could have easily been a demon fly's cocoon. Listening briefly to the solider, Minerva determines that the only course of action is to continue moving forward. "Demons with guns? Sounds like we've got our work cut out for us, no?"

When the crew is ready, Minerva will continue heading forward with her two pistols at the ready.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 58

Larkin wrote:Larkin has a small smirk as he looks at Sam. "Well if you haven't figured it out yet the facility is able to prevent rifting, phasing, and other methods of unwelcome entry. So I'm not sure how the demons got here. Might have been something on the lower levels. I only have access to level five and up. Commander Townsend would know more if he is still alive. He is our security head. Usually hard to kill but these demons are relentless. Other than that I have not been able to rig any traps along our line of retreat. As far as weapons lockers they have all been stripped. Well at least from Level 5 and up. Not sure about the lower levels but we came up from five. On some of the floors the demons fought with our own weapons, so the likely hood that they were able to acquire our weapons is high. They are standard Wilks 457 pulse rifles. The three dog demons had them. There could be more so be cautious. Once these people are taken to safety myself and Taylor will guard the exit to the surface. In case anything slips past you well make sure it doesn't make it to the surface."

Samantha nods as Larkin explains his plan on guarding the entrance. "Understood, sounds like a great plan. We will need to send a message to Mr. Keller. I'm sure he will want to know what happened to his facility, and how dire the situation is." She looks around at all that is left. "Where was the last position you knew Townsend to be?"

Larkin wrote:Larkin begins to usher the three remaining civilians to the back of the MARS area. "I'm glad your man is ok. He must be tough. I've seen to many turned to a cinder by those flies." Larkin will wait for a moment for any additional questions.

Samantha sighs, "One of us is going to go up with you in a minute. We will let Keller know what's going on with his facility." She motions Jym, Minerva, and Vera over to her, "We need to get a communication out of here and back to Keller. That means we need to get to the surface. I can reach him with my suit's radio. Anyone else have any different option?" She waits a moment, if there is no objections she's continues on, "If there is no objection on me going up, I'm going to put Twonjym in charge. I'll be back in twenty minutes."

Original Post
Note: The following was the original post, but Twonjym had a great idea... so we are moving along with that.

Right before she heads out with the rest of the guards and civilians, she asks Vera a quick simple question, "What kind of communication device does Keller have access to all the time. Phone, Tablet, Computer, Headphones..." She lets her words trail off to give Vera a chance to respond.

Samantha takes Marvin along to make sure she has backup on the way back down. Trying to make sure that the Civilians and guards quickly get to the surface, but not so fast as to get caught flat footed by something that wasn't detected earlier. Once to the surface, she reaches out to with her mind, interfacing with her radio/hud system within her armor. Picturing Keller their benefactor in her mind, her voice first comes out of the nearest communication device to Keller, his radio.

A short hiss and a beep from Keller's radio kicks it to life, "Mr. Keller, Samantha Beckett of Mars (1). This is an ultra-secure two way communication (2). We have identified the problem with the facility, Demons (3). We found some survivors, under a dozen (4). Started two hundred strong, on the fifth floor (5). A security droid has been destroyed, Demons looking for other (6). Plan on going to secure the second droid, and any survivors (7). Need to know if you want to scuttle the facility (8)."

A full minute has passed since the start of her transmission to Keller, Samantha refocuses her thoughts to let his radio transmit back to her.

-16 ISP for 2 Full Minutes (will go longer if needed at 8 ISP per minute)
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Twonjym » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 21
JIC: 1d100 = 60 1d20 = 12

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor Helmet: 33/17, NG-P7 eclip 8/8, IRMSS doses:4/3

Twonjym's head is still ringing a bit from the shot his helmet took. Those flies can pack a punch, but keep them at a distance. As soon as he notices Rocky is down, Jym moves to his side, plucking the can of Quick-Clot from his harness and spraying down the man's arm. Slipping the can back into it pouch, he pulls out the IRMSS and presses it to what's left of Rocky's destroyed arm. After it has dispensed a dose of nanobots to do some repair to Rocky's arm, Jym slides the container back into his harness. Then looking the man over, Jym takes hold of the man's face between a large thumb and index finger, shifting it back and forth he says, "If you live, I'm guessing you're done with the thrilling heroics."

Having done all he can, Jym stands and moves back to let those with actual skills and abilities tend to Rocky. Moving over to where Sam is talking to Larkin, Jym shadow Sam and listens in on the detail of their situation.

When Sam names Jym to lead the team while she's gone his brows furrow but his small black eyes quickly dart to the others in the team rating their performance and how he wants to stage the group. Though all he lets slip to Sam for confirmation that he understands is, "Aye. But Do you really need to go up? Larkin can check in with the boss. Hazel and Marvin can go with them. Help the civies and then report back what Larkin finds out. Though, 'save the facility'... if possible is likely all that we'll be told."

Jym takes the time to slide a full E-clip into his rifle, stowing the used one in the spot just vacated on his harness. "Everybody, use the lull to refresh your ammo. Hazel and Marvin, go with Larkin then report back what the boss says. The rest of us will move to the end of the hall, then start scouting out the rest of the level. Anybody got somethin to add?" The team is thinning fast. If these demons chewed through 200 civies in the last 10 hours, I don't want us to get spread out and picked off.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:11 pm

((rolls carried forward))

Twonjym wrote:When Sam names Jym to lead the team while she's gone his brows furrow but his small black eyes quickly dart to the others in the team rating their performance and how he wants to stage the group. Though all he lets slip to Sam for confirmation that he understands is, "Aye. But Do you really need to go up? Larkin can check in with the boss. Hazel and Marvin can go with them. Help the civies and then report back what Larkin finds out. Though, 'save the facility'... if possible is likely all that we'll be told."

Samantha nods, "Actually that is not a bad idea, we can have runners." She turns to Larkin, "Are you able to report back to Keller?" If he needs communication codes, Samantha will provide them. "It's important you let him know what the situation is here within the facility. How is radio communication between floors within the facility, is it blocked during the lock down?"

Twonjym wrote:Jym takes the time to slide a full E-clip into his rifle, stowing the used one in the spot just vacated on his harness. "Everybody, use the lull to refresh your ammo. Hazel and Marvin, go with Larkin then report back what the boss says. The rest of us will move to the end of the hall, then start scouting out the rest of the level. Anybody got somethin to add?" The team is thinning fast. If these demons chewed through 200 civies in the last 10 hours, I don't want us to get spread out and picked off.

"Thanks Twonjym," she turns looks at everyone that didn't head up top. "Right now we don't know how much resistance we are going to encounter. But we need to make sure each level is secure before we move to the next. We can't afford anything to slip by."

She pulls up her rifle, and looks to Rocky. "You okay? You want to head back? No harm, no foul. I'm sure Jennifer would like you to keep the pieces of you, that you have left in tact. Otherwise, let's continue on after you get into your suit of Armor."
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:55 am

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 88
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14 / d100: 1d100 = 47

Yes I have the Will and you Know it?

Rocky looks up a bit groggy he asks, “I need my ring, I need my gear, I need to get it on.”

He looks over to his left ard, “Oh it is not there? I guess I need to be a bit more careful.”

Need to grow another arm, so I can have a wedding ring, for the wedding.

As he begins to get his ring and armor on he uses TK to assist him, "Hey you guys mind giving me a Hand? I know its a bad joke. I better stick to the back of the pack."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:08 pm

((rolls carried over))

Samantha looks at Rocky and nods to the one armed man. As soon as he is armored up, "We need to clear the floor to make sure our exit is clear. So two by two, and lets do this by the numbers. Check each door one at a time, one opens, the other sweeps. Minerva, your with Twonjym. Vera, your with me. Rocky, you'll stay in the back and make sure nothing comes up behind us."

As everyone gets their weapons, Samantha makes sure her NG Rifle is slung on her back. The Shard Pistol she borrowed from Rocky attached to her webbing, and her Three Galaxies Rifle is in her hand. "Vera, you want to open, or sweep?"

Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 54 / 95%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- 1d100 = 71 / 40%
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Vera Morozov » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 pm

(( Rolls Carried ))

Sum of All Fears wrote:Larkins nods to Vera as he opens the room the civilians had taken refuge in. "Neg. All I know is they came from the lower levels. We had to destroy one of the admin droids so it wouldn't fall into their hands. I know they are looking to lift the lockdown, but I'm not sure why." Larkin looks to MARS for a moment looking them over. "I wish you the best. I can not travel further in. I have to get these people to safety."

"I would not ask that you abandon them, no. Stay safe, Larkin, and keep them safe too." Vera gives him a nod before moving to join the rest of her team. It seems lifting the lockdown is not an option until the demon presence is dealt with. Hopefully we can simply disable one of the admin droids and set it to the side for when all of this is done with.

Twonjym wrote:Jym takes the time to slide a full E-clip into his rifle, stowing the used one in the spot just vacated on his harness. "Everybody, use the lull to refresh your ammo. Hazel and Marvin, go with Larkin then report back what the boss says. The rest of us will move to the end of the hall, then start scouting out the rest of the level. Anybody got somethin to add?"

"Da. Though Larkin has confirmed it already, I overheard two demons using a civilian to bypass a locked door. I do not believe the scientist lived through the process. They are searching for admin droids, something about the lockdown is keeping them from bringing in reinforcements. It would be best to clear out the demon infestation and remove all traces of their presence before attempting to resolve the lockdown. The stairs will be our best bet, and any admin droids we come across should be disabled until it is safe to use them." She looks about the group, and over towards the scattered fallen, frowning at the carnage. She hadn't seen death like this since her patrols in the Russian wastes, out in demon territory.

Beckett wrote:Samantha looks at Rocky and nods to the one armed man. As soon as he is armored up, "We need to clear the floor to make sure our exit is clear. So two by two, and lets do this by the numbers. Check each door one at a time, one opens, the other sweeps. Minerva, your with Twonjym. Vera, your with me. Rocky, you'll stay in the back and make sure nothing comes up behind us."

As everyone gets their weapons, Samantha makes sure her NG Rifle is slung on her back. The Shard Pistol she borrowed from Rocky attached to her webbing, and her Three Galaxies Rifle is in her hand. "Vera, you want to open, or sweep?"

She moves up besides the human, towering over her, much as Twonjym does. She seems used to it, though, hardly noting the difference in scale as she stands besides Beckett. "I will sweep, I can move in quickly and hit hard. Allow me to listen at doors before you open them, I have advanced audio capabilities. If the threshold is thin enough, I may hear something to give us early warning."
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Time: 1240

Now that everyone is awake decisions are made. Jym taking more tactical control of the group in hopes of preventing another teammate from losing an arm.
Jym takes the time to slide a full E-clip into his rifle, stowing the used one in the spot just vacated on his harness. "Everybody, use the lull to refresh your ammo. Hazel and Marvin, go with Larkin then report back what the boss says. The rest of us will move to the end of the hall, then start scouting out the rest of the level. Anybody got somethin to add?" The team is thinning fast. If these demons chewed through 200 civies in the last 10 hours, I don't want us to get spread out and picked off. Samantha nods, "Actually that is not a bad idea, we can have runners." She turns to Larkin, "Are you able to report back to Keller?" If he needs communication codes, Samantha will provide them. "It's important you let him know what the situation is here within the facility. How is radio communication between floors within the facility, is it blocked during the lock down?"

Larkin has a pained look, ”Sorry. Commander Townsend took the Radio network down a few hours ago. He said the demons were using it to track our signals. The facility had a wired Radio network. Each floor had a radio emitter at either end tied to the floor above and below it by a hard wire. It was secure but if you took over an emitter you could theoretically, track people who had radios in use. It seems all the systems we had in place to protect us have somehow been used against us. We were not prepared for something hitting us from the inside like this.” Larkin looks back up, ”Best of luck to you guys. I’ll make sure your people are able to make contact with Mr. Keller.” Larkin Tosses MARS a salute as he herds the remaining civilians back towards the stairs. Hazel and Marvin follow without complaint.

Rocky mostly ignores what he saw while he was unconscious and the comments form his teammates. Rocky appears largely unconcerned that he just lost an arm. Even poking fun at himself. He looks over to his left arm, “Oh it is not there? I guess I need to be a bit more careful.” Rocky uses this time to don his armor and other gear. When a familiar voice pops into his head. Really? Oh come on. You really only have that to say to the people here? Or even myself? Color me impressed. I found someone who’s arrogance exceeds my own. By a large margin. Do you take anything seriously? Maybe you should give me to your wife as her ring. I’m sure I could take care of her better than you can. Laughter rattles around Rocky’s head as he dresses himself with the assistance of his TK.

Jym and Sam decide to make sure there are no additional surprises waiting for them on this floor. The tactic they use is a tried and true open and clear method with two teams of two. Jym with Minerva and Sam with Vera. As they make their way through the floor Vera comes across the body of a young woman slumped against a wall with an ID scanner. She could not be more than 22. Vera is confident this is the woman she heard stand up to the demon earlier. Her face has been flattened along the right side, a smear of blood starts about two feet above where she came to rest. Her eyes are still open, defiant to the last.

It takes them about 20 minutes to clear the floor and set themselves to descend to the next level. Throughout the area there are charred corpses littering the halls, the smell of burnt flesh is positively overwhelming. Mixed in with the human corpses are those of demons, the Flies, the dog-demons, and one other type MARS has not encountered yet. Upon inspection the Dog demons appear to have the same armor as the guards with the same emblems. The armor, Bushman Armor, appears to have been held together loosely as it does not fit the dog demons. This creates several gaps in the armor where a competent marksman should be able to slip fire by the additional protection. Any salvageable equipment here is marked with the letter KIT stamped in light blue on an grey background. There are clear drag marks in blood to the stairwell. Many bodies were taken down this way. Whether alive or dead no one can say for sure. The path down the stairwell is slightly more treacherous then the previous ones as this one is slick with blood and the possibility of hostiles. Thankfully the descent is uneventful. At the bottom is the plain wall everyone is used to seeing but it stands open. The flickering light emanating from the other side sets everyone on edge again.

Ready? And….Action!!!
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Next

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum