Sabre
  • N-F50A Forcefield: 160/160 (OFF)
  • Main Body: 180/180
  • Helmet: 80/80 (-4 to strike)
  • Left Arm: 60/60
  • Right Arm: 60/60
  • Left Leg: 90/90
  • Right Leg: 90/90
  • Left UEL: 6/6 (-6 to strike, -10 when moving)
  • Right UEL: 6/6 (-6 to strike, -10 when moving)

ISP: 375/390

Marching Order
  • Vera + Beckett
  • Jym + Minerva
  • Rocky

Minerva watches as Rocky barely acknowledges having lost an arm. Mi capacidad de curación nunca antes había afectado la mente de esa manera. ¿Podría haber desbloqueado algún tipo de neurosis o herido su cerebro mientras reparaba su cuerpo? También es un psíquico, ¿tal vez esta es su forma de lidiar con el shock?

She looks up to Twonjym and asks "How to proceed, sir? He's... he's stable, pero not whole."
When the group decides to keep moving, she pairs up with Jym and clears room after room before declaring the floor clear and heading downstairs. "So. Demon dogs. Giant flies. Evil things all. Someone was messing with something they should have left alone. Are they paying us enough to not ask questions?"

Translations
Mi capacidad de curación nunca antes había afectado la mente de esa manera. ¿Podría haber desbloqueado algún tipo de neurosis o herido su cerebro mientras reparaba su cuerpo? También es un psíquico, ¿tal vez esta es su forma de lidiar con el shock? =My healing ability has never affected the mind like that before. Could I have unlocked some sort of neurosis or injured his brain while fixing his body? He's a psychic as well, maybe this is his way of dealing with shock?
Grace Minerva
Ledger

• I.S.P.: 390
  • H.P.: 109
  • S.D.C.: 177
  • M.D.C.: 286 (during Supernatural Transformation)

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Re: Why is it so Dark in Here?

Postby Beckett » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 4 | 1d100 = 61

Conditions:
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160
-- Ammunition: 18 / 30

Samantha works with Vera in a methodical process. Waits for Vera to listen, open door, waits for Vera to go through, then goes in herself. The process was quick and felt like they had worked together for years. Both being professional soldiers prior to coming to Rifts North America These poor souls, they deserve better.

The horror of the staircase was a bit more than Samantha could handle. "Descent into hell..." she mumbles to herself. She takes a moment before speaking to the rest of the team. "Let's continue with the same format. Two by two, and Rocky you pick up the rear. Keep your eyes, ears, and sensors open and the communication flowing."

After they get down the stairs, Samantha stands to the side of the door, Rifle at the ready. She waits for Vera to go through and then follows through herself.

Note: Goal is to check Room A first. Then check to see if room B is locked or can be locked (entering as needed). Then move onto Space marked C.
Attachments
mars-03-plan.png
Quantum
H.P.: 21 / 21 S.D.C.: 59 / 59
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
LP-l0H Heavy Laser Pistol: 2d6+2 MD; 16/16 Shots per e-clip; +1 Strike
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Twonjym » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 76 1d20 = 4

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor Helmet: 33/17, NG-P7 eclip 8/8, IRMSS doses:4/3

As they clear the second level, Jym remarks, "More flies and demon-dogs. They're using the human armor, but it doesn't fit well. Make your shots count." He pokes at the corpse of the third type demon they come across with his sword as he tries to identify it, then asks, "Why they dragging the bodies back down to the lower levels?" somethin other than for grub maybe? He disregards his thought for the moment as they finish clearing the second level and proceed down the gore covered stairs to the flickering light of the third level.

With the flickering light ahead of them, Twonjym checks to make sure his multi-optics band is seated well on his face but keeps the setting neutral for the time being. He takes a deep breath as he pats Pepe of the head and offers the robo-wolf a knowing nod.

Minerva wrote:"So. Demon dogs. Giant flies. Evil things all. Someone was messing with something they should have left alone. Are they paying us enough to not ask questions?"

Jym shrugs to Minerva, "Could be they were just messing with drek they didn't know about and the demons pushed their way in. Best to wait and see how they act when this is all over."

Sam wrote:"Let's continue with the same format. Two by two, and Rocky you pick up the rear. Keep your eyes, ears, and sensors open and the communication flowing."

He gives a toothy grin as he pokes a finger at the chard divot in his helmet, "I was going to suggest the same. Clear the entry room (A), then that small room (B) off to the side. We'll need to lock or break one door or the other on the small room (B) so the critters can't get behind us. Then we can wined our way around and clear as we go. Though, somethin tells me, if the critters have already been through this level, they've likely moved back down."

Once they settles on a game plan, Jym looks over to Minerva and gives her a nod that asks, You ready?

Lore: Demons & Monsters 60%=1d100 = 58 Pass to ID 3rd type of demon
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status
MDC: 134/134

Horror/Awe Factor: 12 (8 as a Gunfighter)
Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 69; JiC d20: 1d20 = 6

Twomjym wrote:As they clear the second level, Jym remarks, "More flies and demon-dogs. They're using the human armor, but it doesn't fit well. Make your shots count." He pokes at the corpse of the third type demon they come across with his sword as he tries to identify it, then asks, "Why they dragging the bodies back down to the lower levels?" somethin other than for grub maybe? He disregards his thought for the moment as they finish clearing the second level and proceed down the gore covered stairs to the flickering light of the third level.

"Perhaps," Vera says, "it is for some form of ritual? I do not know enough on the subject of demons to say for certain. Only certain bodies are taken, it seems, and others are left behind." At the advice to keep accurate, the cyborg nods, having already been doing much of that. The mention of the armor gaps was helpful, though. Difficult to tell such a small thing in the heat of battle.

Beckett wrote:The horror of the staircase was a bit more than Samantha could handle. "Descent into hell..." she mumbles to herself. She takes a moment before speaking to the rest of the team. "Let's continue with the same format. Two by two, and Rocky you pick up the rear. Keep your eyes, ears, and sensors open and the communication flowing."

Vera's sensitive hearing picks up Samantha's private comment to herself, though the cyborg chooses not to mention it. She needs to appear professional. Undermining that image would not do well for the team. Outwardly, Vera nods. "It has been efficient. Moving down, we should be prepared for the demons to have nearly full control. We cannot expect to rely on the guards again." She does not respond to Minerva, Jym taking care of answering for her.

Instead, she focuses on sweeping her vision over the opening room as they exit the stairwell, Vibro-Scythe at the ready for any trouble, servos ready to spring into action should there be need.

Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 32 / 60% - To be prepared for anything.
Vera Morozov
A Russian Angelus ex Machina!

M.D.C.
L1-B1 Light Infantry Armor
  • Main Body: 117/150 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm: 20/20 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm: 0/20 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg: 35/35 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg: 5/35 M.D.C.
  • Head: 0/15 M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

M.D.C. by Location
  • Head - 117/150 M.D.C. with Helmet
  • Main Body - 290/290 M.D.C.
  • Right Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Left Hand - 30/30 M.D.C.
  • Right Arm - 90/90 M.D.C.
  • Left Arm - 84/90 M.D.C.
  • Right Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Left Leg - 120/120 M.D.C.
  • Right Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Left Foot - 65/65 M.D.C.
  • Right Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Left Wing - 175/175 M.D.C. - Not Present at Moment.
  • Main Rear Jets (3; small) - 40/40 each
  • Lower Maneuvering Jets (3; even smaller) - 25/25 each
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each - Not Present at Moment.
  • Concealed Forearm Lasers (2; 1 per arm) - 10/10 M.D.C. each

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Restrained Punch - 1D4 M.D.
  • Full Strength Punch - 2D6 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Kick - 2D6 M.D. +2D6 M.D. from the Vibro-Blade damage.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.

Constant Effects
Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (+2 if religious or fearful of angels)
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Light Filters: Reduces glare.
Sound Filters: Diminishes potentially damaging sounds.
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:46 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 7
JIC d20: 1d20 = 5 / d100: 1d100 = 24

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
o Range: 100' (12' for non-psychics)
o Duration: Constant
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Range: 1100' (+100')
o Duration: Permanent effect
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 28
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 6
Sense Magic Energy
o Range: 1,900' (+100')
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 47
• Range: 70’ (+5’) To pinpoint location of a presence
• Duration: Constant
• Automatically sense all presences
Intangibility

• Can become intangible and walk through solid objects.
• Horror Factor: 14
• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
• Can carry 20 lbs. with him
Six Sense

Saving Throw Bonuses
OOC Comments
Coma/Death: +6
Magic (varies): +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +2
Non-Lethal Poison (16+):+1
Insanity (12+): +3
Psionics (varies): +3
Horror Factor: +2
Illusions: 0
Battle of Will: 0
Mind Control:+4
Possession: +4

Activated
OOC Comments
TK(10 ISP for 20LBs of weight, for 22 mins)
Enhanced Perception minn 55
Psychic Body Field (30) (110 MDC -30 ISP 22 mins)
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 97

Rocky is trying to cope with his arm gone, he knows that his team is down a few members, and with his injury, they don’t need to have one of the members taking care of him. And then his rig tries to start something. Something that it has never done before. Every time he has ghosted the ring has come with but for some reason it didn’t come this time.

Ring
Really? Oh come on. You really only have that to say to the people here? Or even myself? Color me impressed. I found someone who’s arrogance exceeds my own. By a large margin. Do you take anything seriously? Maybe you should give me to your wife as her ring. I’m sure I could take care of her better than you can.

To the ring, What’s wrong? You have always been my wingman, And I mean that with respect. . then this time you weren’t there. And you saw what happened, and now I lost an arm and you are continuing with the verbal abuse, and taunting?

Rocky activates his Psychic Body Field (30)
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:31 am

Date: 7 June 111 PA
Time: 1250
Temp: 72 F

Comments are made about the reasoning for the bodies being moved. Conjecture is made but difficult to prove. Everyone is in agreement that the bodies are being used for something, but what is anyone's guess at this point. Jym stops briefly to examine the third unknown type of demon. (Jym See PM)

Vera notes that an ambush along the long corridor would be the most likely area to be engaged at. Given the abilities, tactics and gear of the previously fought group. So far it looks like these demons are preferring more ranged combat over traditional melee or magic. They seem to be using good communication and sound battle tactics. Yet the human style to their tactics is confusing. Most previous demon attacks were focused on overwhelming their opponents with a lack of regard for the individual lives of the demons. Yet these one seem to be operating like they can not replenish their numbers. Vera notices the blood drag marks lead south into the long corridor. It appears as though the door to Room B has not been used, or at least it does not have a blood trail leading to it. Room B can be accessed via the key cards the group was provided on the first floor. It appears they are specially coded to open any door, as far as you can tell.

Rocky a small sigh in his head, Yes I have been with you for a long time. I never spoke much during that time and I never complained about your actions. But I was always there for you. Yet when you missed your guess on how much your stuff weighed you did not attempt to inventory it. You did not look to see if your partner was still with you. You kept on like nothing had changed. Like I was still with you. And even after I had told you I was no longer with you you still charged headlong into a fight you were dreadfully unprepared for. So yes I’m taunting. I’m trying to get your mind right. And if you respect me so much then why did you leave me behind?!? The tone shifts from gentile to hurt with the last sentence at nearly shouting volume. The tone softens a little as the volume lowers to normal, I know I’m a useful item and I know many who have seen me as such and only an item. And you are right we did have a partnership going on. But you need to get a better look at yourself. I may be a little angry you left me behind and got yourself hurt. But if this partnership is to continue you need to take a good look at yourself, because if you continue on the way you're going, then it really will be on me to serve your widow. While rocky is having this conversation in his head Rocky’s other senses are still screaming at him that there is evil all around him. Most notably coming from the south of his position (The direction of Room C). The walls are making it difficult to pinpoint but the doors do not seem to have the same shielding as the walls.

Minerva continues moving with the group. While she muses out loud about the possibilities regarding how the demons came to be here she doesn't get the responses she was looking for. But she does acknowledge that waiting to see what happens later and what other information they discover is a good idea. Minerva does get a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach that things are likely to go sideways soon.

Sam helps Jym with keeping everyone moving together. She continues to provide support as they move down the stairs. Both the south door and the door to Room B are closed as MARS clears the entryway. Sam and vera stack on the door to Room B. As Vera opens it an errant laser blast flys from the door and strikes the ceiling behind everyone. ”Sss...Stay Back D..d..demons!!!” A shaky young male voice stammers. Then a stronger female voice rise up, ”Put that away you idiot. Those aren’t demons. It’s Vera, Mr. Keller’s assistant. She must have come to help.” Vera recognizes the short brunette with blue streaked through her hair as Melisa the receptionist from the first floor, as she stands up to greet Vera. ”It’s been a little while Vera. I’m glad you brought back up. We’ve been holed up here for nearly a day. When we heard the fighting we locked the doors and hoped no one tried to use them.” Melisa looks to the rest of MARS. ”Sorry about Perkins. He’s a little jumpy.” Upon looking into the room MARS see’s about 10 people crammed into the tiny room. Perkins still has a small holdout laser pistol in his shaking hands and a dark stain around his crotch. Melisa rolls her eyes, ”Well I guess he at least pulled the trigger. That’s something. Is the way out clear? There are a few doctors and admin staff here. No one who would be good in a fight. I'd like to get them out of here if that's possible.”

Anyone with Sixth Sense, It has triggered. (Rocky See PM)

Butcher Bill (Updated to reflect The healing given to Rocky.)
Rocky= -110 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP (12 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field)
Vera= -33 Main Body; -48 Head; -26 Left Arm; - 30 Right Leg/ - 2 Shots Ion Blaster
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol/ - 12 Shots from HI-80
Minerva= -15 ISP
Twonjym= -4 shots from NG-P7/ -16 MD Head

Ready?? And...Action!!!
Attachments
Level_3 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

"Any problem can be solved with the judicious application of high explosives."

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Twonjym » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:13 am

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 44 1d20 = 10

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor Helmet: 33/17, NG-P7 eclip 8/8, IRMSS doses:4/3

As Twonjym pokes around at the third demon type, he says to the others, " This here is a Gurgoyle. Typical cannon fodder foot soldiers for demon armies. Tough as nails and usually used for hand to hand fighters." He squishes it some with his foot as if for further verification then wipes his foot off on the floor before they move on.

Jym gives a subdued chuckle when the scared staff member attempts to shoot them and says over the heads of most of the team, "Naw, we're no demons." He gives them a toothy grin, "We've either killed off or chased the ones we've come up on down to this level or beyond. Larkin went up top with a few survivors and a couple of our guys for protection. Is that other door back there still buttoned up?" After asking his question, Jym moves to the side to give the door to the south a hard looking over, leaving Vera to identify the staffers before they let them pass. Frak, I hope all these guys are who or rather what they look like.

Detect Ambush 75%= 1d100 = 84, see if the door has been rigged in any way
Detect Concealment 65%= 1d100 = 38, see if the door has been rigged in any way
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 74
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 91

Conditions:
-- Ammunition (Rifle): 18 / 30
-- Ammunition (Shard Pistol): 10 / 12

"Gurgoyles, never heard of them." She takes a decent look at what's left to see if she could remember any details in the future, so she can identify them the next time she see's one.

A sigh of relief comes out of Samantha knowing that more non-demons were still alive within the facility. "Is everyone healthy, does anyone need medical attention?" was the first things that come out of her mouth. The fact that an attack could come out of nowhere, and her concern is to check on any wounded first. She toggles her Forcfield off in order to conserve the battery on it. "As stated, Larkin is upstairs. We have some men coming back down through the floors and should be here soon. They can escort you out." She scans the room a bit to see if there is anything of use before asking the hard questions, "Have you seen Commander Townsend? Do you know what floor he may be on? How about the security droid?"

Taking a quick assessment in the room at the other door and how it is locked and barracaded, she moves back into the other hall and takes a look at that door. Trying to identify if there was a way to prevent this door from opening up if at all possible, without MARS intervention. She also takes a look at the door that leads upwards to the next floor to see if it can be lowered into place or if the ceiling would need to collapse. Marvin would know for sure if some shaped charges are needed to block this exit. She puts a mental note to ask him when he gets here.

Military Fortifications -- 1d100 = 30 / 55%
Mechanical Engineer -- 1d100 = 39 / 95%
Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 44 / 95%

Note: Skills are rolled to identify the structural integrity of the doors, and the makeshift barricades. If there is a way to key the doors to open/lock remotely with/without badge access, and if they had to put in extra support/barricade to do so.
Quantum
CBR Mk. 2 Light Armor - Valkyrie Upgrade M.D.C. by Location: -15% to physical skills
Helmet - 45/45; Arms (2) - 30/30 each; Legs (2) - 50/50 each; Main Body - 105/105; Undersuit - 25/25
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Rocky » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 96
JIC d20: 1d20 = 16 / d100: 1d100 = 44

OOC Comments
While Rocky is having this conversation in his head Rocky’s other senses are still screaming at him that there is evil all around him. Most notably coming from the south of his position (The direction of Room C). The walls are making it difficult to pinpoint but the doors do not seem to have the same shielding as the walls.

Rocky senses evil all around him. Excuse me my friend, I have to inform the others of danger. and let's work together to get out of here. and any Idea about getting my Arm back I would appreciate it.

Over the radios Rocky informs the others, “Rocky here I am picking up evil all over this place. But there is a concentration south of my position.”

Rocky hopes that the Integrated IRMSS is also helping to kick in and take care of him
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 12

Conditions
Sabre
  • N-F50A Forcefield: 160/160 (ON)

Marching Order
  • Vera + Beckett
  • Jym + Minerva
  • Rocky

With Rocky seemingly unphased by the loss of his limb, Minerva decides she can't worry about him and his reckless behavior anymore. "Let me know if you need more healing." She joins the others when the room of survivors is found. When Vera recognizes one of them, Minerva is relieved. But only momentarily. She gets the sensation at the base of her skull that tells her something terrible is about to happen. She activates the forcefield of her Sabre and says "Trouble incoming." With her pistols at the ready, she whirls around to prepare for whatever danger is coming. If she doesn't see what's coming, she will assume that the danger is coming from within the room and use See Aura on the "civilians" to see if any of them are more than they say they are.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:58 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 67; JiC d20: 1d20 = 4

Twonjym wrote:As Twonjym pokes around at the third demon type, he says to the others, " This here is a Gurgoyle. Typical cannon fodder foot soldiers for demon armies. Tough as nails and usually used for hand to hand fighters." He squishes it some with his foot as if for further verification then wipes his foot off on the floor before they move on.

Vera nods. "We should be careful with them, then. If it comes to it, leave the melee to myself, unless you're certain that you can take that sort of punishment." She is sure that she can handle one or two demons on her own, at the least, she has plenty of experience doing just that. She wasn't so certain of the others. "I will back off if need be. No repeats of Rocky." With me as the center of attention for the demons, it will allow the others to fight them off more effectively without being taken down one at a time, not that I want to fall myself. With her thoughts settled and tactics planned, she pushes on with the others.

Rocky wrote:Over the radios Rocky informs the others, “Rocky here I am picking up evil all over this place. But there is a concentration south of my position.”

Before Vera responds to Melisa, she nods in acknowledgement of Rocky's warning. She keeps her ears open in case of trouble. Over the radio, she responds, "As I recall from the map, that hallway is a prime area for ambush. With the demons using tactics, we should be wary of anything waiting for us."

"Jumpy and alive is better than dead and not moving. It seems you picked the right place to hole up, my companions are warning of danger down the southern passage. As Samantha said, we have two others escorting Larkin and the civilian his team was protecting out of the base. The floor above should be clear, it would be best to wait here for when they come back down. We will inform them of your position." While the others trust her to begin ID'ing the scientists there, without personally recognizing them the best she can do is request to see their issued ID's for confirmation of their identities, explaining that she'd rather play it safe rather than sorry.

If things go sour while she's investigating the group, she stops her investigation to help the others in battle, relying on her teammates to identify any danger that may be coming from the long passage, and on herself to protect the civilians if danger comes from a different place or direction.

Skill Rolls
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 54 / 60% - In case something happens in room B.
Detect Concealment: 1d100 = 55 / 55% - To find anything the civilians might be trying to hide from her.
Find Contraband: 1d100 = 79 / 49% - To find anything the civilians might be trying to hide from her.
Field Armorer and Munitions Expert: 1d100 = 69 / 65% - If she has time and nothing has gone wrong, to check the condition of the civilians' armaments and armor, and possibly perform any quick-fixes she can for them.
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.
  • -5% to Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, Gymnastics, Pick Pockets, Prowl, and Swimming.

M.D.C. by Location
  • Wing Mini-Missiles (8; self-launch) - 15/15 M.D.C. each - Not Present at Moment.

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.
  • Flying Leap Kick or Power Dive (feet first) - Does 1D6x10 - Special effect, see character sheet for details.

Vibro-Scythe: 4D6 M.D. (+2 from W.P. Polearm); Range: Melee or 600' when thrown.
Vibro-Scythe Ion Blaster: 2D6 or 4D6 M.D.; Range: 1,200'; Payload: 28/30, rechargeable via cable to cyborg power supply, or half by E-Clip (15 shots).
Concealed Forearm Lasers: 1D6 M.D. for single, 2D6 M.D. for dual blast (counts as one melee action); Range: 1,600'; Payload: Effectively Unlimited
Wing Mini-Missiles: AP Missiles 1D4x10 M.D., Plasma Missiles 1D6x10 M.D.; Can fire one at a time, or in volleys of two or four; Range: 1 mile; Payload: 8/8, 4 AP and 4 Plasma. - Not Present at Moment.

Constant Effects
Language Translator: Auto-Translates languages at 98.7% accuracy, 70% accuracy for 3-6 speakers. Knows 10 most common languages.
Amplified Hearing: Can hear almost inaudible sounds up to 360 feet away; can track by sound as a skill at 50%.
Passive Nightvision: Nightvision using ambient light out to 2,000' (Range increased to 6,000' when used with telescopic sight)
Lung with Gas Filter and Oxygen Storage: Can breathe w/out air for up to 2 hours; immune to toxic gases, 94% chance nerve and poison gas do nothing.
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Time: 1255

Jym gives a subdued chuckle when the scared staff member attempts to shoot them and says over the heads of most of the team, "Naw, we're no demons." He gives them a toothy grin, "We've either killed off or chased the ones we've come up on down to this level or beyond. Larkin went up top with a few survivors and a couple of our guys for protection. Is that other door back there still buttoned up?" Perkins still has a death grip on the laser pistol, ”Mmmonster!!!!” Melisa turns and rips the pistol out of the young man’s hands. ”Hush you idiot. Screaming like that will not help anyone.” Melisa turns back to the group, ”Again sorry about him.”

Sam Posses a few questions to Melisa, "Is everyone healthy, does anyone need medical attention? As stated, Larkin is upstairs. We have some men coming back down through the floors and should be here soon. They can escort you out." She scans the room a bit to see if there is anything of use before asking the hard questions, "Have you seen Commander Townsend? Do you know what floor he may be on? How about the security droid?" Sam sees several jackets and coats layed out in makeshift beds, a large bucket in the far corner with nothing around it. Sam can guess what that was used for. Melisa does not seem bothered by the questions. ”Last I saw of the commander he was rushing to the lower levels when the lockdown went into effect. I haven’t seen many people coming back up. As far as I know the security droids should be where we left them. But I heard the demons were trying to use them to lift the lockdown so they may have been scuttled. I know the Commander would keep his personal security droid intact as long as he could. You would have to find him. I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer.” Sam can see the rear door is like all the others. It retracts into the wall by a motor inside the wall itself. While it may be possible to blow the door up, rigging it to prevent its use will be more difficult. With about 20 to 30 minutes Sam is confident she could rig the door to prevent it from opening.

Vera is direct with her words, "Jumpy and alive is better than dead and not moving. It seems you picked the right place to hole up, my companions are warning of danger down the southern passage. As Samantha said, we have two others escorting Larkin and the civilian his team was protecting out of the base. The floor above should be clear, it would be best to wait here for when they come back down. We will inform them of your position." Melisa nods to Vera. ”We’ll wait for them to get us. I would like to take them to the next level if that’s possible. Maybe wait along the stairs at the next level up. If it’s clear I’d like to get out of here as soon as possible.” Melisa gathers up the civilians for Vera to check ID’s on. She does not find anything out of the ordinary. Everyone is who they claim to be. Vera notices that none of the personnel are wearing any armor. While some of their clothes may be made from MDC materials they were not expecting combat here and likely all the armor has gone to the security forces.

While Vera is checking ID’s, Jym notices a small breeze moving dust and dirt on the floor. It moves past Vera as she is checking Perkins's ID. Jym also notices as the breeze moves the blood trail on the floor distorts slightly. As Vera looks back from the ID to Perkins something obscures her vision. Something hot, wet and red is running down her face plate. Screaming from the other civilians and the sound of a vibro-blade ripping open flesh tells her something is horribly wrong.
Everyone else watches in horror as Perkins' chest explodes outward covering Vera in blood and viscera. The unlucky boy’s eyes roll back into his head as his blood begins to cover the length of an invisible blade still protruding through his chest. At the same time the southern door hisses open and a pair of Gurgoyles squeeze through the door armed with oversized vibro-swords. The first one through the door looks at everyone, chuckles and in American says, ”Oh good looks like we’re right in time for happy hour.” He gives a wide toothy grin as he takes up his sword with two hands.

Note: Rocky: The IMRSS provide medical class care for HP recovery. You will gain 2 HP at the end of the day. There are three charges left.

Note: there are 10 civilians not including Melisa.

Congratulations you’re in combat again...Try not to lose any limbs!!!

Rocky= -110 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP (7 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field)
Vera= -33 Main Body; -48 Head; -26 Left Arm; - 30 Right Leg/ - 2 Shots Ion Blaster
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol/ - 12 Shots from HI-80
Minerva= -15 ISP
Twonjym= -4 shots from NG-P7/ -16 MD Head
Attachments
Level_3 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

Other Accounts: The Apothecary (AAPS/Atlantis/Spooks AGM); Wolf Whitaker (Roughnecks PC); Keiko (H4H PC); Raz I'Syul Arro (GR PC)
Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Beckett » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 12 | 1d100 = 29

Conditions
-- Ammunition (Rifle): 18 / 30

As the body starts to explode, Samantha reflexively turns on her Forcefield. Her gut reaction is to keep the civilians safe, "Move behind me!" she yells at them, as she takes a step forward raising her rifle to bear (Row 2, Column H). Her hands grips the rifle and starts to squeeze the trigger. Firing high intensity lasers at the Demon that bursts through Perkins chest (Row 1, Column J)

Samantha concentrates her fire on the Demon in front of Melissa, and then directs her fire for any demons coming through the door. Moving into a position for clear shots, where she won't hit a companion. "Make sure they don't make it upstairs!" her words come across the teams secure radio. "Marvin and Hazel won't know they are on their way."

Samantha will dodge out of the way until her Forcefield is up, will hold her ground for the first until she gets a shot off. Then will start dodging as needed for the remaining: (+8 Not added in) 8d20:
19, 18, 13, 18, 20, 11, 15, 11

Action 1: Activate Forcefield and Ready Weapon
Action 2: Fire Rifle at Demon: 1d20+5 = 25(Nat20!) | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 80 (160MD)
Action 3: Fire Rifle at Demon: 1d20+5 = 17 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 60
Action 4: Fire Rifle at Demon: 1d20+5 = 18 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 80
Action 5: Fire Rifle at Demon: 1d20+5 = 15 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 50
Action 6: Fire Rifle at Demon: 1d20+5 = 8 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 60
Action 7: Fire Rifle at Demon: 1d20+5 = 11 | Damage: (2d4*10)+10 = 70
Action 8: Reload

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 16
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Twonjym » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:28 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 26 1d20 = 15
Attks: 5+1 Pepe: 3
Init: 1d20+6 = 8 Pepe: 1d20+4 = 9

"Something's..." he starts to say as the situation in the room goes to hell. Twonjym shouts to Pepe, "Block the door!"

Pepe wastes no time and jumps to put himself between the stairs up and the suddenly crowded room. If the the surviving staff members make it to him, he will let them slip passed. Otherwise he will do his best to hold the demons from going up.

Meanwhile, Twonjym levels his rifle at the first Gurgoyle and starts to unload on it, and says with a grin in return, "It won't be that easy.". If somehow the first Gurgoyle falls, Twonjym will shift his aim onto the second Gurgoyle coming through the door to the south.

1. Strike 1d20+3 = 18 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10 MD
2. Strike 1d20+3 = 11 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
3. Strike 1d20+3 = 8 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30 MD
4. Strike 1d20+3 = 16 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30 MD
5. Strike 1d20+3 = 6 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10 MD
6. Strike 1d20+3 = 21 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 MD

Auto-Dodge: 1d20+4 = 8,1d20+4 = 10,1d20+4 = 10,1d20+4 = 23,1d20+4 = 9

Pepe:
1. move
2. Strike 1d20+4 = 11 Dmg 1 MD
3. Strike 1d20+4 = 8 Dmg 1 MD
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:25 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 20
JIC d20: 1d20 = 10 / d100: 1d100 = 38
INIT 1d20+5 = 21

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 6
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 2
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 26
Intangibility

• Can change to ghost form and back up to 4 times per melee (each such change costs 1 action)
Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
Psionic Invisibility (10 ISP 11 mins)
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 54
Astral Hole (p.138, BoM) from ring

Rocky sees the demons and doesn’t want to go through the same crap as before. Ring We will try to strike using the Thunder gun.Ring get ready for Astral Hole jumping. After I shoot just pop back to the corner for now and give us space and timing. Then pop to where Sam is to get the other.

7 Actions

Action 1
Rocky switches to his Thunder Gun

Action 2
Rocky shoots using Thunder Gun. Strike: 1d20 = 7Damage: 1d6*10 = 30

Action 3
Astral Hole jump

Action 4
Rock appears and shoots, Rocky shoots using Thunder Gun. Strike: 1d20 = 2 Damage: 1d6*10 = 50

Action 5
Astral Hole jump

Action 6
Rock appears and shoots, Rocky shoots using Thunder Gun. Strike: 1d20 = 13Damage: 1d6*10 = 10

Action 7
Save for dodge if needed 1d20+11 = 19
1d20+15 = 25
1d20+15 = 19
1d20+15 = 26
1d20+15 = 31
1d20+15 = 29
1d20+15 = 28
1d20+15 = 16
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 8 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 59; JiC d20: 1d20 = 2
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 22
APM: 5 (6 using only polearm and claws)

Constant Effects

Vera reacts nearly instantly to the horror before her, her Vibro-Scythe brought to bear in one hand, her other hand swiping the blood off of her faceplate as she uses the moment her sight is cleared to the horrid scene before her. Блядь! Too focused on checking the civilians to be prepared for invisible ones. She banishes the thought from her mind, focusing instead on saving the rest of the civilians rather than wallowing on her mistakes. She sidesteps around Perkin's body, using the tilt of the bloodied blade to hone in on the hidden demon, her claws whipping forward to try and slash at the space where the demon would be, the cyborg careful to keep her gleaming talons from striking any of the civilians.

If she finds purchase, she will double-down on her vicious onslaught, barking in clipped American at the civilians, more quietly and tersely than Sam does, "Stay clear! Let us take care of these menaces!" This time, she is certain to keep her augmented ears open for any other demons that may be prowling out of sight.

Action 1: Wipe blood off of her faceplate, returning her vision to her.

Action 2: If Sam's excellent first shot has not already killed the demon who killed Perkins, she will lash out with her claws at it, otherwise she will rush the nearest Gurgoyle, moving around her companions as best she can without getting in their way; Strike: 1d20+9 = 19 ; Damage: 3d4 = 9 M.D.

Action 3: Continue to slash with her claws at the demon, or the Gurgoyle if the invisible demon is killed; Strike: 1d20+9 = 10 - Natural One! ; Damage: 3d4 = 5 M.D.

Action 4: Using her Vibro-Scythe's 13-foot reach, she will slash at the Gurgoyle nearest her with her signature weapon, being sure to not accidentally whap Twonjym or Minerva with it as she does; Strike: 1d20+12 = 27 ; Damage: 4d6 = 18 + 2 = 20 M.D.

Action 5: Raise and slam her scythe into the Gurgoyle once more; Strike: 1d20+12 = 32 - Natural Twenty!; Damage: 4d6 = 16 + 2 = 18 M.D. (x2 = 36 M.D.)

Action 6: Slash with her claws at the demon, or the Gurgoyle if the invisible demon is killed; Strike: 1d20+9 = 27 ; Damage: 3d4 = 7 M.D.

Auto-parries: 1d20+16 = 31 ; 1d20+16 = 21 ; 1d20+16 = 23 ; 1d20+16 = 32 ; 1d20+16 = 35 ; 1d20+16 = 19

Dodge Contingency: If the Gurgoyles begin to fire at her with rifles, she will give up her 3rd and 6th Action for dodges; 1d20+12 = 21 ; 1d20+12 = 16
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 98/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 91

Conditions
Sabre
  • N-F50A Forcefield: 160/160 (ON)

Minerva's sixth sense prepared her for something, but she kicks herself mentally for not having looked for invisible foes. Jym having already said the requisite combat banter, Minerva just focuses on taking down the enemy and protecting the innocent. With a gurgoyle directly in front of her, she focuses on plugging it full of laser fire before it can fully enter the room and reach the civilians. If the enemy goes down, she'll focus on the one entering behind it. She pays particular attention to the effectiveness of lasers against these enemies. Having just dealt with the undead and their immunity to normal weapons fire, she was reasonably wary. If this doesn't work, it's time to switch techniques.

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 23

Action 1: See The Invisible. -4 ISP
Action 2: Fire LP3-D in Burst Mode at Gurgoyle 1. Strike: 1d20+13 = 24 Damage: 4d6 = 5
Action 3: Fire LP3-D in Burst Mode at Gurgoyle 1. Strike: 1d20+13 = 32 Damage: 4d6 = 12
Action 4: Fire LP3-D in Burst Mode at Gurgoyle 1. Strike: 1d20+13 = 21 Damage: 4d6 = 9
Action 5: Fire LP3-D in Burst Mode at Gurgoyle 1. Strike: 1d20+13 = 26 Damage: 4d6 = 8
Action 6: Fire LP3-D in Burst Mode at Gurgoyle 1. Strike: 1d20+13 = 27 Damage: 4d6 = 11
Action 7: Fire LP3-D in Burst Mode at Gurgoyle 1. Strike: 1d20+13 = 15 Damage: 4d6 = 10

Contingency: If Gurgoyle 1 goes down, Minerva will focus on Gurgoyle 2.

Parry: 1d20+10 = 171d20+10 = 301d20+10 = 291d20+10 = 191d20+10 = 201d20+10 = 291d20+10 = 13
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:31 am

Time: 1255:15

While MARS begins to shake off the shock of sudden combat the Sword and Demon-dog become visible as the demon looks to continue the easy carnage with Melisa as it’s next target. As it swings for Melisa she intercepts it’s hands and flips it over her sending it crashing to the ground in front of Sam, who can hear its ribs give way over the din of combat. A sharp howl of pain lets Sam know the demon was hurt badly. Melisa is quick to follow it to the ground with a hand strike to its face. Sam can hear more bones snap and see demon blood spatter the floor near her. The Demon-Dog attempts to swing at Melisa again. Melisa casually steps over the strike and slams the Demon-Dog head first into the wall next to Sam. With a sickening crunch the demon hits the wall and slides down to the floor motionless as Sam fires into Gurgoyle 2 blasting off the demon's right arm and earning Sam a look of death from the Demon. Gurgoyle 2 slams Jym to the side so he can make his way to Sam. Jym (-7 MDC, Main Body) Jym keeps his balance as the demon heads for Sam. As it approaches Melisa slides below it and trips it up. Gurgoyle 2 lands flat on its face and slides the rest of the way to Sam. Sam places her muzzle to its head and a pulse of energy neatly removes its head from its body.

Minerva keeps up the pressure on Gurgoyle 1. It’s first swing is so clumsy she nearly laughs at it. However it’s follow up hammers her Force Field sparking off of it and dropping it’s capacity by half. Minerva (- 80 MDC FF). Minerva keeps up the fire dumping energy into her opponent. While the energy is effective. Minerva can tell that she may need to find something more powerful as her shots while effective are not slowing it down. Menivera manages to parry the next couple of strikes while her laser slowly burns into Gurgoyle 1.

Jym having been knocked around by Gurgoyle 2 fires at it several times contributing to bringing it down. Now his focus shifts to Gurgoyle 1 while its focus seems to be on Minerva. Jym gets a shot into it’s back as everyone seems to fire on Gurgoyle 1. Melisa comes from behind and slams Gurgoyle 1 to the ground allowing for easy shots. Gurgoyle 1 trys to hit her with its vibro-sword but fails as she flips the demon into the wall next to Jym who finishes it off with a shot to the head.

Vera clears her vision and gets off a swipe with her claws at Gurgoyle 2 as it steps forward. After Sam blasts Gurgoyle 2's arm off it moves out of range and Vera is forced to switch to her Vibro-Sycthe. Vera rakes Gurgoyle 1 with her Scythe opening a nasty bleeding wound just before Melisa throws it to Jym to finish off.

Rocky talks to his ring about not getting hurt this time and decides to keep at range. Smart. But my name is Count Alphanso Bustemante. You will stop calling me “Ring”. I expect some respect after all. Oh your portal is behind you. Rocky begins to shoot his Thundergun and pop into different places on the floor. Rocky is able to get 2 shots off, both that miss their target. Rocky’s second shot misses Gurgoyle 1 as Melisa flips it from where it was and his shot strikes Melisa in the chest. She grunts and falls to a knee holding her chest.

Melisa coughs several times as blood drips from her mouth. Her voice rattles when she talks and there is a slight edge as she addresses Rocky, ”Nice shot.” Melisa spits more blood from her mouth and straightens up, blood slowly oozing from the hole in her chest., ”I’ll get the rest of them to the surface. And I’ll get one of the medics to look at me after they are safe.” She looks from Perkins to the rest of MARS. The skin bunching around her eyes momentarily is the only outward sign of the pain in her heart from the passing of Perkins. ”Be Careful. Here for you Vera. I know you can use these.” Melisa picks up the giant Vibro-Swords and hands the pair to Vera. Melisa will remain for a few questions should the group have any, then make her way up the stairs with the rest of the civilians.

You are now out of combat...for the time being...What Next?

Rocky= -110 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP; -2 Thundergun shots; (7 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field);
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol/ - 24 Shots from HI-80
Minerva= -19 ISP; -80 MD FF
Twonjym= -4 shots from NG-P7 E-Clip; -4 Shot from other E-Clip/ -16 MD Head; -7 MD Main Body
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Beckett » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20 = 16 | 1d100 = 66

Conditions
-- Ammunition (Rifle): 6 / 30

The combat was quick, fierce and over as quickly as it started. Turning off her forcefield, Samantha starts to bark out orders, "Rocky, Townjym guard the door. Minerva, see if you can help Melissa out. We don't want to have her bleed out before she hits the surface." If Minerva is able to help Melissa out, Samantha goes to the wounded woman. Popping open her faceplate to look at Melissa, "Girl, what are you made of?"

When Melissa is ready to go back up, "Are you sure you don't want to come with us? We could use somebody with the lay of the land, and your skills."

As all the civilians and Melissa head up, Samantha gives everyone a minute. "Okay take this time to look over your gear, reload. Do we want to go through this shooting gallery, or try and go through the locked door. I think we need to go through the hall, otherwise we are leaving our backs exposed. Thoughts?"

I hope this is the right decision... her thoughts start to get to her before someone speaks up. When everyone's ready and makes a decision, Samantha lowers her faceshield and turns on her forcefield again.
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Minerva » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 25

Conditions
Sabre
  • N-F50A Forcefield: 80/160 (ON)

ISP: 371/390
See The Invisible: 6:45/7:00 minutes

"Demons. I'm to take it that lasers are not the ideal weapon for them?" Disappointed in her first showing with this new group, Minerva holsters her pistol and retracts her Universal Energy Links.

Beckett wrote:"Minerva, see if you can help Melissa out. We don't want to have her bleed out before she hits the surface."

"Help guaranteed." Minerva lays her hands on Melissa and gives her a Touch of Health (1d6*10 = 20 S/M.D.C. Regained, -15 I.S.P.)
Once Melissa is stabilized, Minerva turns to the others. "So, they can turn invisible. And they're killing without mercy. We should prioritize the safety of any civilians we encounter. Set up a staging area at each level to guarantee them safe access up. Now that I know they're invisible, I can see them. Let me know if you need me to hold any in place."
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Twonjym » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d100 = 6 1d20 = 2

Pepe: Track by Smell--90%=1d100 = 30

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor Helmet: 33/17, Mainbody: 31/24 , NG-P7 eclip 8/4, IRMSS doses:4/3

Jim takes a large step toward Melisa as he pulls the can of Quick Clot from his harness and gives her wound a spray. "Good thing your tougher than you look."

How was it that Rocky was the only team member that came back from the last mission? Or maybe this is how he was the only one left. His teeth poke out between his lips as he grins to himself.

Sam wrote:"Rocky, Townjym guard the door...."

Jim gives Sam a sharp nod as he steps away from Melisa and takes up a position flanking one side of the door. Eyes flicking briefly to Rocky, Jim asks, "Where'd you learn to shoot?"

Looking back down the long corridor to the south, Jim says over his shoulder, "Pepe, can you smell any more of these things down this way?"

Pepe eases up next to Jim and actually seems to be smelling the air with whatever magical mechanical sensors the robot wolf might have.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 92
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20 / d100: 1d100 = 17

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 91
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 56
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 80
Intangibility

Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 41
See the Invisible (22Min)

Rocky is pissed off as the shots go wide and one hits an ally, Dang she got in the way.

To Melissa, “Sorry about that I had a clear shot , but I wasn’t expecting you to go in to hand to hand.”
Rocky turns away and knows it doesn’t help much.
When told by Samm

"Rocky, Townjym guard the door. Minerva, see if you can help Melissa out. We don't want to have her bleed out before she hits the surface."

Rocky does so without hesitating.
He hears Jim
"Where'd you learn to shoot?"

Rocky looks at Jim and speaks back, “Thank you. Like I really meant to shoot her. Can you see the invisible, I can so let me call the warnings.” Rocky makes sure his see Invisible is up.
See the Invisible (2)

Rocky is keeping track of his Psychic Body Field (30) and will reactivate it when time comes.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 60; JiC d20: 1d20 = 13

Constant Effects

Vera takes the two blades, her size and strength allowing her to deftly hold one in each hand. After giving them a few test swings away from the others, she nods, satisfied with their balance. Setting them into her remaining two weapon mounts, she turns to Melisa as she is healed by Minerva. "You as well, Melisa." While curious as to Melisa's abilities, she's not about to look a gift horse in the mouth. She will be grateful if she decides to come with them, as she seems quite capable of taking care of herself, but understands if all she wants at this point is to get out of here, and escorting the civilians was important as well.

Beckett wrote:As all the civilians and Melissa head up, Samantha gives everyone a minute. "Okay take this time to look over your gear, reload. Do we want to go through this shooting gallery, or try and go through the locked door. I think we need to go through the hall, otherwise we are leaving our backs exposed. Thoughts?"

"We can not assume that locked doors are going to keep them at bay. They know how to unlock them." She glances towards said door. "If possible, we should jam it before we continue."

Minerva wrote:Once Melissa is stabilized, Minerva turns to the others. "So, they can turn invisible. And they're killing without mercy. We should prioritize the safety of any civilians we encounter. Set up a staging area at each level to guarantee them safe access up. Now that I know they're invisible, I can see them. Let me know if you need me to hold any in place."

Vera nods. "As it should be. We can use the entrance to the stairwell to the level above as our staging area for each floor. With all, or most, of the floor above cleared, it would mean our backs would be safe as we press forward, and we can have Marvin or Hazel keep the place secure while we get civilians back."

She looks back up to the stairwell. Whenever they catch up to us, that is. It has been some time since they were with us now. With her concern with her companion's safety in mind, she will take point when they decide to move further into the floor, the massive vibro-swords at the ready in her hands.
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:49 pm

Time: 1300

The combat was quick, fierce and over as quickly as it started. Turning off her forcefield, Samantha starts to bark out orders, "Rocky, Townjym guard the door. Minerva, see if you can help Melissa out. We don't want to have her bleed out before she hits the surface." If Minerva is able to help Melissa out, Samantha goes to the wounded woman. Popping open her faceplate to look at Melissa, "Girl, what are you made of?" Melisa gives a sly grin as Minerva attends to her wounds. "Help guaranteed." Minerva lays her hands on Melissa and gives her a Touch of Health. Relief floods Melisa’s eyes as the hole in her chest shrinks and scabs. ”Ah...Thank you. To answer your question Sam, I am not from here. I came from a different earth a while ago.” When Melissa is ready to go back up, "Are you sure you don't want to come with us? We could use somebody with the lay of the land, and your skills." Melisa gives a sad shake of her head, "I have no doubt I would get my workout in for the day if I accompanied you. However, I need to get the rest of these people to the surface. I will see about establishing a collection point on this floor when I return. If enough people show up then I will stay here to protect the exit. If not, then I may follow you further in. I guess it will depend on how many are still alive.”

Rocky says, “Sorry about that I had a clear shot , but I wasn’t expecting you to go in to hand to hand.” Melisa laughs, ”Not the first time I’ve been shot. I’ll live. Just be careful down there.” As Melisa’s voice fades another rises in his head, Well that was interesting. Anywhere else in the room you would like me to teleport you? As I’m sure you’re aware something is preventing me from teleporting us out of here. Anyway. Next time you may wish to lead your shots. I knew many marksmen in my day who could have made that shot. Or maybe you just need to spend more time on the range.Oh you know you should just randomly fire down the hall. Might scare up a reaction from the demons. What do you say? You know if you would do anything other than to use me as a powertool and ignore me when it serves you. But I guess I’m the one who got stuck in a ring so I guess the joke is on me. Or well...I guess it’s on you...hahahahahaha. The deranged laughter fades after a few moments.

As all the civilians and Melissa head up, Samantha gives everyone a minute. "Okay take this time to look over your gear, reload. Do we want to go through this shooting gallery, or try and go through the locked door? I think we need to go through the hall, otherwise we are leaving our backs exposed. Thoughts?" Minerva turns to the others. "So, they can turn invisible. And they're killing without mercy. We should prioritize the safety of any civilians we encounter. Set up a staging area at each level to guarantee them safe access up. Now that I know they're invisible, I can see them. Let me know if you need me to hold any in place." Vera nods. "As it should be. We can use the entrance to the stairwell to the level above as our staging area for each floor. With all, or most, of the floor above cleared, it would mean our backs would be safe as we press forward, and we can have Marvin or Hazel keep the place secure while we get civilians back."

Sam and Vera take a few moments to use Perkins’s hold out laser pistol to seal the door and protect their flank. The hold out laser pistol is scrap after being used in such a way, but at least now they no longer have to worry about someone or something using that door.

Jym and Rocky see no movement at all down the hallway. The door never closed behind the Gurgoyles and remains an open avenue. Peering down the hall they can make out small lumps near the walls and blood tracks down the length of the hall. Other than the now obnoxious yellow lighting everything down the hall is still and quiet.

Ready?...Your Turn!!!!

Rocky= -112 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP; -2 Thundergun shots; (2 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field);
Twonjym= -4 shots from NG-P7 E-Clip; -4 Shot from other E-Clip/ -16 MD Head; -7 MD Main Body
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Twonjym » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:31 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 99
JIC: 1d100 = 93 1d20 = 6

Prowl 55%: 1d100 = 27

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor Helmet: 33/17, Mainbody: 31/24 , NG-P7 eclip 8/8, IRMSS doses:4/3

Twonjym nods, "If we've done our job right, everything behind us should be clear. Then a reckon that the stairs up from each level would be the best rally point." He pauses for a moment then sighs in resignation, "We gotta search this here hall. Bypassing it will leave too many unknowns at our backs." He glances back at Sam for a sec, "Standard marching order? Two by two? Me and Minerva can take the lead. Or we can do leap frog and Rocky can stay in the middle, back us up and keep eyes on the rest of the hall."

He takes a second to change out his rifle's E-Clip, fully aware that his two spares are both only half full. He mutters more to himself than to anyone else, "I shoulda brought some grenades." Speaking up again, he says, "You know, a drone would be perfect for this kinda work."

After peering down the hall for a few minutes, Twonjym says, "Looks like we got emergency lights on in this section. There's more blood trails leading down the hall. And I think body parts have been left behind...maybe."

Frak, this is going to be a pain in the arse even though I hope there's more of them waiting for us on each level. Better that than if they've all pulled back and we have to fight a horde.

As long as he's sure he has a partner, Twonjym eases out of the room and down the hall. He slowly moves toward the first doorway, being as quiet as an eight foot tall lizard-man can be.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:59 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 69
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1 / d100: 1d100 = 50

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 41
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 54
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 53
Intangibility

Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 87
See Invisible

Rocky doesn’t sense anything evil around he speaks to Samm, “Samm, I don’t think there is anything left up here. I think they left to go to the lower levels. My suggestion si we quickly move on down to the next level. Jim is the dog getting anything?” Rocky does as Samm tells him.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Twonjym » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:29 pm

[rolls held]

Pepe: Track by Smell--90%=1d100 = 96

Townjym grins to Rocky, "Pepe hasn't let on that he's caught the scent of anything. Though with all the blood I see going down the hall, who knows if there's anything worth sniffing."

He spares a glance down at the robo-wolf again to see if Pepe has picked up anything he can't see.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:10 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 2 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 3 | 1d100 = 72
Initiative -- 1d20+2 = 10

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160 [OFF]

With Melissa not wanting to come with the team, Samantha understood. "No worries, you need to make sure your people make it out." Checking her rifle as well, she notices that she has two bursts left. With limited ammo, and not wanting to fumble for a spare that's empty or partial she leaves it in. I got to keep track of that.

Listening to Twonjym, she nods in agreement, "Agreed. Okay, same as the floor above. Twonjym and Minerva pick a side, stick to it. Vera and I will go to the opposite side. We'll alternate leapfrogging. Rocky, you'll hang back and pick up stragglers and watch our back." She recites the marching order again, reaffirming what the team has already done. "Keep your eyes peeled. If you see something, say something."

She looks at the four members of the team and Pepe, "Let's go!" Rifle up, she starts moving down the hall behind Vera, her cybernetic companion of doom and destruction.
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Minerva » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 48

Conditions
Sabre

ISP: 371/390
See The Invisible: 6:30/7:00 minutes

With Melissa stabilized, Minerva gives the woman some space. "Keep them safe, but also yourself."

Minerva nods her agreement with the marching orders and pairs up with Twonjym. "My laser weaponry was useless back there. I will be switching to melee combat." She removes her Vibro Sabre from its sheath and connects it to the UEL in her right hand. This is what I get for relying on technology. Keeping close to her partner, Minerva makes her way down the hall.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 58; JiC d20: 1d20 = 20

Constant Effects

As the others speak, Vera nods and generally agrees with the plan of action. Good to know everyone knows what they're doing. Samantha is leading well. Not regretting her decision to let the other woman keep in charge of the little band, she steps in with Beckett, falling easily into the same check-and-clear action they had performed previously.

"At least we have some lighting," she comments as the others mention the sickly yellow glow, "No need for special equipment just to see where we are going. Makes life easier for the civvies, too." Despite her chatter, she keeps her words low and quiet, just loud enough for the others to pick up, her own enhanced hearing focused on listening for any sounds of movement or the like. She holds the oversized blades one in each hand, her immense cybernetic strength and large size more than enough to wield them handily, prepared for anything to come knocking, so to speak.

Prowl: 1d100 = 36 / 40% - To keep herself as quiet as she can to make listening out easier.
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 36 / 60% - Keeping an eye and ear out for potential ambush spots or incoming enemies, as well to identify any sounds through closed doorways before they're opened and cleared.
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:55 pm

Time: 1310
Temp: 75 F

Everyone is sad to see Melisa disappear up the stairs with the rest of the civilians. With the civilians now out of harm's way MARS re-focuses on continuing to clear the floors. While Rocky states the floor has no more evil presence MARS continues carefully in case of mundane traps set for them. This careful approach takes nearly ten minutes to get through the floor. This floor appears to be a medical wing. Through their exploration it becomes apparent this facility rivals most large scale hospitals. MARS even comes across a lab that was working on prosthetics. It’s clear they could have replaced Rocky’s arm had it been staffed.

Rocky hears clearly in his head his ring, So I guess you only talk to me when it suits you? Despite your words earlier that this was a partnership it has yet to feel that way. Do you enjoy the torment of others? Or am I just special? Oh look. You could have gotten a new arm here. Too bad you let some of the doctors die. Oh well. Not like I care.

Sam moves through the rooms with ease. Mostly medical research labs and offices. However something in one of the offices catches her eye. Sam notices a small recess in one of the walls of an office that looks to be the head researcher on the floor. She finds the recess is a concealed key card reader which reacts to Sam’s key card to reveal a small hidden wall shelf. The shelf looks like it’s an emergency stockpile. There are seven E-clips, a Wilks 457 Laser Pulse Rifle, and N-F10A Light Force Field.

Pepe looks at Jym after sampling the air and gives a small shake of his head to tell Jym there are too many scents in the area. Pepe may have better luck if Jym gave pepe a specific scent to attempt to track. Jym continues quietly down the hall and continues his room clear procedures.

Minerva, disappointed with her previous weapon, switches to her melee weapon. She continues to move and clear with Jym. Throughout the floor they encounter no resistance.

Vera is able to note several good places for an ambush but see’s lack of preparation of the areas as an indication nothing has been set for them. Her hearing only tells her that MARS is the only ones on this floor.

As MARS comes into the open area near the lifts everyone stops cold in their tracks. The blood trails all pull to one area in the room. A mountain of discarded bones towers almost 5 feet high and twice that width. Flesh has been carefully removed and placed on tables for preparation to the side of the mountain of bones. The flesh is under the careful watch of hundreds of skulls lining the wall. The empty sockets giving haunting testimony to the slaughter which occurred here. MARS estimates several hundred people rest here. Although only the flesh of several dozen currently remain. It is clear this was not ritualistic. It is more utilitarian. Leading to one stomach churning conclusion. The demons are eating the people…

Alright...Your turn...

Rocky= -112 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP; -2 Thundergun shots; (2 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field);
Tech FF= Regen 1 MD per minute. 10 minutes has passed.
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Beckett » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:32 pm

Perception -- 1d10 = 3 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 50

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160 [OFF]

"Vera, hold up a second." Samantha goes over spotting a safe and opens it up with her card. What do we have here? She pulls out the equipment in the safe. "Well, this place is oddly prepared..." She says out loud and not necessarily to any one.

"Let's take these along, in case we find some more survivors. Vera do you have the capability of carrying this Rifle?" She hands over equipment to the others as needed, keeping two E-Clips for herself.

The minutes pass by as they meticulously search the floor for any additional survivors or hiding demons. "Looks like the floor is all clear.... what the?" as she see's the pile of bones. Her instinct is to turn away and retch, but she pushes through the waves of nausea and validates what she has seen. "Vera," Samantha speaks somberly. "How many based on what see here, and have seen upstairs are left?"

"Let's secure the perimeter for a minute, while I validate the lift and make sure it's non-operational." Samantha goes to the lift and makes sure the power is off to the lift, and if not, see what it would take to quickly disable it if possible. Electrical Engineer -- 1d100 = 38 / 95%

When the team is ready, she rattles off the orders Military: Etiquette -- 1d100 = 35 / 95%. "Just like when we entered this floor. Vera and Twonjym can go down first, followed by Minerva and myself. Rocky you pick them off from the back, or pull us out of the line of fire."
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Twonjym » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:27 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 46
JIC: 1d100 = 21 1d20 = 1

Conditions: HomeSpun M.D.C. Armor Helmet: 33/17, Mainbody: 31/24 , NG-P7 eclip 8/8, IRMSS doses:4/3

Twonjym takes two of the E-Clips and slides them into the empty pouches on his rig. Eyeing the N-F10A, he grins and says, "If no one else wants to, I'll hold on to the force field generator as well." He looks around at the others waiting for any of the other three to speak up before moving on.

Seeing the pile of bones and flesh causes Twonjym to snarl through his teeth and he eventually says, "I hope I'm wrong but I don't reckon we're gonna find too many more survivors." He turns from the sight and goes over to wait by the stairs down to the next level, making a little click with his tongue to call Pepe along with him.

When orders are given, Jim gives Sam a nod and goes over to secure the door down to the next level while he waits for the rest to form up. Before they head down, he says, "Stay together and cover each other. If I remember right, this next floor is barracks so we may be seeing a lot more of that mess we just passed. Focus on securing the level and worry about the other stuff later."
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:38 pm

((rolls carried over))

Beckett lets Vera and Twonjym figure out who needs the Forcefield more, as they were the only ones without an integrated Forcefield. "I believe your correct, the next floor is definitely the Barracks. But it is also the armory, which means the majority of weapons are probably in the Demon's hands. More likely we are going to have ranged combat. Long hallways and limited cover. If combat occurs, it's more than likely going to be rough and bloody."
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Twonjym » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:43 pm

[Rolls Held]

Jim nods, "And this is the only floor that has almost a straight shot between the two sets of stairs. So if we try to clear the floor, there's a higher chance that something could get behind us or past us. Hopefully Hazel and Marvin will catch back up soon and can be set at a choke point so we can clear the rest of the floor. Otherwise we may need to split into teams of three and two. With the three man group to search the rest of the floor." He offers Sam a shrug, not really knowing what else their options are until they get to that point.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:19 pm

(( rolls carried over ))

"Agreed," she muses for a moment. "I'd like to get down to that Admin station, just past this elevator. Unfortunately we are stair bound right now. Even if we did get the elevator working, I think it would be much faster to get out using the stairs in an emergency." She takes a moment to mull the best course of action. Her training was not designed to go through close quarter combat. Hovertanks were large robot vehicles that were designed to fight fifty foot tall aliens, and their overlords. The ASC never trained me for this. Hovertanks weren't meant to go into a building. Through one, sure, but not into a facility like this.

"I got nothing guys, no magic bullet to figure this out. Ideas? Split the team as needed? Keep our secure radios on?"
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Twonjym » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:53 pm

[rolls held]

Townjym waggles his head, "We're just speculating. Best we see what's actually in front of us before we go making any plans. Lets keep it two by two and makes sure to clear all the corners and doors."

Twonjym thinks back on an old story he has, I was in a crawl once through an old mine and we lost dern near half the posse when it was all said and done. at that point he thinks better of telling a story where the team doesn't do so well, Maybe once we're outta here. He moves over to Sam and says in a low voice, "We're doing good. Keep everyone's eyes open and stay together as best we can." He gives Sam a supportive pat on the back before looking over to the others, "Y'all ready to head down?"
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:07 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 74
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1 / d100: 1d100 = 74

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 45
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 4
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 80
Intangibility

Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 78
See Invisible

Rocky Sees the piles of bones and knows this is serious, Count Alphanso Bustemante, got to keep an eye open and anything you might suggest? This is a good time to mention it.

“Take things slowly, sounds good, double up too.”

Rocky will wait a bit before bringing up his Force field but when the others have engaged or if a threat he will bring it up.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 82/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 6

Conditions
Sabre

ISP: 367/390
See The Invisible: 7:00/7:00 minutes

Minerva falls into the new marching order as dictated by Sam.

When they reach the carnage left behind by the demons, Minerva shakes her head with disgust. "We might not find many, but we save everyone we do find. No more demonic tricks." Minerva refreshes her ability to see the invisible (-4 ISP). "Two by two will suffice for now." Minerva says in response to Sam and Jym's tactical talk.

As they make their way through the new rooms, Minerva makes certain to keep an eye out for anything that might be a good hiding spot for the enemy. If she sees anything fishy, she'll call it out.
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vera Morozov » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 55 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 11; JiC d20: 1d20 = 7

Constant Effects

Beckett wrote:"Vera, hold up a second." Samantha goes over spotting a safe and opens it up with her card. What do we have here? She pulls out the equipment in the safe. "Well, this place is oddly prepared..." She says out loud and not necessarily to any one.

"Let's take these along, in case we find some more survivors. Vera do you have the capability of carrying this Rifle?" She hands over equipment to the others as needed, keeping two E-Clips for herself.

The large cyborg takes the rifle easily, quickly giving it a once over and checking the sights on it. "Da. The trigger guard is small for me, but I can use it quite well." She keeps it in her hands, taking and clipping the last three E-Clips onto her belt, as there were no other takers for them. "And I agree. Though clearly not prepared for something such as this demonic invasion, it is clear they were ready for something to happen." Vera mentions, frowning at the advanced weaponry in her hands.

Beckett wrote:"Vera," Samantha speaks somberly. "How many based on what see here, and have seen upstairs are left?"

Vera surveys the death for a few moments, silent as her visor hides the frown. She has seen demons operate before, and is somewhat more resilient to the carnage they can cause, but this is still... disturbing. "From what I've seen," she finally replies, "Still well over fifteen hundred. There were two thousand assigned personnel here. This very well may be just the people from the upper floors." If only we had come earlier, we could have done something to stop some of this. So many dead...

Shaking off the worst of the thoughts, she moves on along with the others. At Sam's and Jym's back-and-forth about tactics, she nods. "What we are already doing, pairing up and clearing room by room is effective, if slow. We cannot save anyone if we are slaughtered in an ambush because we missed a doorway." She readies herself for another trek down stairs. "I am ready. Jym, let us lead as we have been down the stairs."
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:38 pm

Time: 1330

As MARS tears themselves away from the horrid scene of human remains, Sam makes a quick check of the lift. Sam pops open a small control panel in the wall. Checking the wires and display Sam can tell that the lift, while powered, is being inhibited by a hard coded lockdown command. The command is locking the lift in place.

Rocky hears in his head, Ah. There he is. You know I was starting to think that I was just talking to myself. Let’s see advice...well don’t end up like those people on the table over there. That would be a good start. Aim better. Oh Pay attention to the invisible things. Ya that's about it. I can’t do everything for you. Although some days I wish I could. Gods I miss having a body...Well some times. Being immortal does have its perks. I don’t have to eat or drink or any of those mundane things. I don’t get tired either...Well not the sleepy kind of tired. Alphonso refrained from laughing in Rocky’s head this time. Maybe they are making some progress.

MARS briefly discusses tactics before heading down the stairs in their formation. Each person steeling themselves for what might lay on the next floor. MARS Moves through clearing the 4th floor, the barracks. It’s slow going as they encounter nothing. Besides the fifty human corpses scattered around, the floor is empty. MARS is able to locate two more useable Wilks 457 Laser Pulse rifles and 4 more e-clips (75% charge). It takes MARS nearly double the time to clear this floor as it seems off. The lack of anything present only heightens the fear. Little hairs keep standing at attention as chills constantly run down the spine.

As they proceed to the 5th floor, Rocky’s is slapped in the face with a nearly palpable evil presence as they hit the bottom of the stairs. The door stands open. ”AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” The scream is audible and stops everyone in their tracks. ”AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” The second scream was longer than the first. MARS moves towards the sound. The door at the south end of the hall stands open. Obviously letting the sound flow to MARS. ”AAHHHHHHHkkk…” The third scream is abruptly cut off. As The point men peak around the corner down the hall, they can barely make out a part of a table. Human figures are laying on the top of the table with other, less human figures sitting behind it. Jym's companion begins to whine quietly and take a defensive position behind Jym as if it is scared of what is down the hall.

MARS is approximately 500 feet from the table.

Alright...Your turn...

Tech FF= Regen 1 MD per minute. 20 minutes has passed. (30 minutes has elapsed total)
Attachments
Level_5 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Twonjym » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:01 pm

Percep 65%: 1d100 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 17 1d20 = 9
Init: 1d20+6 = 25
Ataks: 5+1 gun entire round

Twonjym steeled himself against the rising levels of anticipation as the team makes their way through level 4. Frak, this is hell. Just wait'in fur something to happen... I almost wish we had to fight our way through.
When they come across the rifles and E-Clips, Twonjym looks to the others, "I'm full up. You guys got dibs but if'n no one is gonna take um, I'll drop my half full e-clips and take these others."

The tension that had seized Jim while they searched level 4 starts to slack some as they near the stairs but snaps right back into place with that first step down. In a hushed voice, he says, "Good job guys. 'Bout halfway down now. Lets give it a repeat of the last level. Two by Two, watch your backs. This here level is storage with doors and halls going all around. If something is gonna get behind us, this level is a good place fur it."

Coming out of the first corridor and seeing people on another table, Jim comes to one conclusion, Frak, they're butcher'n people alive. With the distance down the hall too far to get there quickly, Jim mutters to the others as he lines up a shot at the closest demon's head, Try and draw'm this way. Pepe, stay close.

After the first shot is away, Jim lines up a second shot on the demon's head. (If the first demon goes down, Jim will switch to the second.)

1-3. aimed called Strike demon head: 1d20+6 = 17 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 MD
4-6. aimed called Strike demon head: 1d20+6 = 26 Nat Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30x2=60 MD
Last edited by Twonjym on Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twonjym "Jim" Miklar
Status

Twonjym
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 9 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 15 | 1d100 = 81

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160 [ON]

Samantha's gut reaction looking at the elevator is to pry open the doors. But after taking a few moments she realizes if she does so, it will disable the elevator and make it non-operational. That is some sound engineering. Definitely keeps things from moving between floor to floor en-masse. She looks at the rest of the team, and points. "Let's move out."

Going through the barracks was a relief there wasn't more carnage as it was on the previous floor. Not to mention no Demon's that needed to be put down to cause an issue. Following Vera down the stairs and hearing the scream puts all the hairs up on the back of her neck. "We need to help..." When they turn the corner, she see's her target. "Once we start firing, we are probably going to have a shooting gallery here..."

"Rocky, make sure nobody comes from that door and gets a jump on us." She takes a kneeling position behind Vera and lets go a few bursts at the demons at the far end of the hall. After two bursts she says, "Out!" Her hands quickly eject the magazine and reloads another one in, "Up!"

Action 1: Turn on Forcefield
Action 2&3: Burst Called Shot to the Head - Demon #1: EP Crit | Damage ((2d4*10)+10)*2 = 160
Action 4&5: Burst Called Shot to the Head - Demon #1: EP Crit | Damage ((2d4*10)+10)*2 = 140
Action 6: Reload
Action 7&8: Burst Called Shot to the Head - Demon #2: 1d20+5 = 16 | Damage (2d4*10)+10 = 80

extraneous actions
Action 6: Burst Called Shot to the Head - Demon #2: 1d20+5 = 18 | Damage (2d4*10)+10 = 70
Action 7: Burst Called Shot to the Head - Demon #2: 1d20+5 = 19 | Damage (2d4*10)+10 = 70
Action 8: Burst Called Shot to the Head - Demon #2: 1d20+5 = 20 | Damage (2d4*10)+10 = 40

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 18
Quantum
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Vera Morozov » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 7 / 41%
JiC d100: 1d100 = 4; JiC d20: 1d20 = 17

Constant Effects

Vera turns down the proffered clips, having a good seven fully charged E-Clips on her person at that point. "If you need them more, take them." This weapon is more of a back-up than anything, in case getting in close will be too dangerous.

As they hear the screams, Vera is lucky, or unlucky, enough to be privy to the demons' discourse with one another. "They aren't just killing them," she says in a low, even voice, "They're eating them. Alive. And discarding the corpses on death for 'fresher' meat." With the pneumatic whine of her cybernetics, it is clear only her military training is keeping her from simply charging in. "They are about to take another. We need to move in."

Seeing the others prepare for combat and begin to line up their shots, Vera waits for the go ahead as she puts the rifle on a weapon mount, replacing the massive Vibro-Sword there as she draws the pair of blades. Just wait for the team to be ready to strike... She thinks to herself as she crouches low, readying herself to dash forward into the fray once the others are prepared.

Skill Rolls
Tracking: 1d100 = 55 / 55% - To try and discern how many are up ahead and adjust her tactics accordingly.
Tracking (via sound): 1d100 = 80 / 50% - To differentiate between human and demonic sounds and adjust her tactics accordingly.
Detect Ambush: 1d100 = 93 / 60% - To know the chance of demons further lurking behind the side passage and doors along the hallway.

Initiative: 1d20+11 = 29
APM: 5

With her allies beginning combat, Vera will jump forward and call out, "Engaging" at almost the same time as Minerva does, though while Minerva sprints Vera will fly instead, jets roaring as she sails along the hallway above her allies' line of fire, flipping her orientation partway through to smash her talon-feet into the demon Minerva doesn't engage, hopefully knocking the monster to the ground and stunning it with her strike. Either way the demon goes, she will plant her feet on the ground, taking but a moment to ascertain the situation visually. Rather than going for the closest demon, she will instead dash towards whichever demon is closest to the still living civilian(s) and interpose herself between it and them.

With her newly acquired Vibro-weapons in hand, she will proceed to slash and strike at the demon until it dies, moving onto the next as she does.

Actions 1&2: Flying Leap Kick against visible demon Minerva doesn't engage - Strike: 1d20+9 = 17 ; Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.
Flying Leap Kick
Has a 01-75% likelihood of knocking the opponent
off his feet and/or stunning him for one melee round (15 seconds). The stunned individual has only two attacks/actions per
round, no initiative, -8 on all combat maneuvers like strike,
parry, etc., and skill performance and speed are reduced by
70%. The stun aspect of this attack is not effective against giant
robots, cyborgs weighing more than two tons, vehicles, adult
dragons, demon lords or similarly giant or superhuman creatures

Action 3 - 1: Move to and slash at the most civilian-ward demon, whomever that may be - Strike: 1d20+11 = 12 - Crit Miss!; Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 M.D.
Action 3 - 2: Strike at the demon who is closest to the living civvies with her off-hand sword- Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 - Crit Hit!; Damage: 1d4*10 = 20 *2 = 40 M.D.

Action 4 - 1: Swish and Slash! - Strike: 1d20+11 = 31 - Crit Hit!; Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 *2 = 20 M.D.
Action 4 - 2: Will use her off-hand blade to parry any incoming strikes: Parry: 1d20+13 = 25

Action 5 - 1: Swish and Slash! - Strike: 1d20+11 = 19 ; Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 M.D.
Action 5 - 2: Will use her off-hand blade to parry any incoming strikes: Parry: 1d20+13 = 15

Dodge Contingencies: She will trade actions 4 and/or 5 for Dodges if her Head M.D.C. goes below 75 M.D.C.

Dodge Rolls: 1d20+12 = 25 ; 1d20+12 = 19
Last edited by Vera Morozov on Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vera Morozov

M.D.C.

M.D.C. by Location

Weapons & Attacks
Hand-to-Hand Combat:
  • Claw Strike - 3D4 M.D.
  • Head Butt - 2D4 M.D.
  • Power Punch - 4D6 M.D.

Constant Effects
Vera Morozov
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Minerva » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:54 pm

Conditions
Sabre
  • N-F50A Forcefield: 100/160 (ON)

ISP: 313/390
See The Invisible: 7:00/7:00 minutes
Hyper Telekinesis: 14:00/7:00 minutes

Upon reaching the fifth floor, Minerva renews her ability to See the Invisible (-4 ISP). When she hears the screaming, she knows that it's time to act.

"Engaging." is all she says before she springs into action. First she activates her Hyper Telekinesis. Then she takes off at a full sprint down the hallway and once she's within range, she grabs one of the demons from the table and tosses it back for the rest of the team to deal with. Then she grabs another demon and slashes at it with her Vibro-Saber.

APM: 7
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 6
Action 1: Run/Activate Hyper TK. -50 ISP. 14 minute duration.
Action 2: Run/TK Grab Demon 1. Strike: 1d20+3 = 18
Action 3: Run/Toss Demon 1 backward to MARS.
Action 4: Run/TK Grab Demon 2. Strike: 1d20+3 = 22
Action 5: Bring Demon 2 within striking range.
Action 6: Slash Demon 2 with Vibro-Saber. Strike: 1d20+14 = 20 Damage: 2d4 = 4 MD
Action 7: Slash Demon 2 with Vibro-Saber. Strike: 1d20+14 = 19 Damage: 2d4 = 5 MD

Parry: 1d20+14 = 231d20+14 = 221d20+14 = 341d20+14 = 191d20+14 = 251d20+14 = 311d20+14 = 22
Grace Minerva
Ledger

Minerva
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Rocky » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:40 pm

Perception: 80% 1d100 = 42
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17 / d100: 1d100 = 69
INIT 1d20+5 = 19

Conditions:
OOC Comments
Radiate Nature
Sense Supernatural Evil
o Identify Type:92% (+2%) 1d100 = 38
o Track by Psychic Scent: 92% (+5%) 1d100 = 80
Sense Magic Energy
Heightened Presence Sense: 80% (+2%) / 1d100 = 18
Intangibility

Six Sense
Saving Throw Bonuses

Activated
Prowl―100%/ 1d100 = 61
See Invisible

Rocky to the ring, We, will have to talk more about your experiences I know there are a lot of them and I don’t have the lifespan to hear them all but a few good ones are aways welcomed.

When Rocky gets down to the lower level, he hears the screams. He makes sure that his new Psychic Body Field is up! Body field is up Count Alphanso Bustemante, dang those demons are going to town on those people.

Samm tells Rock
“Rocky, make sure nobody comes from that door and gets a jump on us."

Rocky replies quickly, “Got it Samm.”

Count Alphanso Bustemante, I’m thinking we get in there and we can see when they come in at the other end. Any other ideas again would be appreciated.

Rocky uses his see invisible and psi abilities to sense Supernatural Evil to make sure this area is clear. He moves slowly and carefully using the crates as cover (see Prowl above)

Action 7

Action 1 Psychic Body Field
Action 2 Stands off to the side and opens Door
Action 3 Throws Mage Fire TW Void Grenade at Group of enemy if they try to get around. Strike 1d20+7 = 15
Action 4
Dodge:
1d20+9 = 23
Action 5
Dodge:
1d20+9 = 18
Action 6
Dodge:
1d20+9 = 10
Action 7
Dodge:
1d20+9 = 10

Parry +9+4+2
1d20+15 = 31 , 1d20+15 = 20 , 1d20+15 = 20 , 1d20+15 = 34 , puts up 1d20+15 = 29 , 1d20+15 = 16 , 1d20+15 = 17
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
Active Powers
Sixth Sense
TW Thunder Gun
2 Phase Swords

Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sum of All Fears » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:08 am

Time: 1330:15

MARS quickly jumps into action at the news of the butchering of the civilians on the table. With minimal coordination they split up to hit the demons from multiple directions. Vera heading south, Rocky to the north through the warehouse, and the rest continuing down the hallway.

Vera moves quickly into position using her advanced hearing to help ID how many foes they face. Vera can hear at least five distinct voices at the table. Vera charges from around the corner as MARS gets the drop on the demons. However Vera is the one surprised as the table comes into full view. There are a total of 7 demons at the table. Two of the demon dogs are standing guard at the flanks of a massive demon she has not seen before. The massive demon is sitting at the center of the table laughing as one of the two Gurgoyles are thrown back to where the rest of MARS is waiting. Vera can see that MARS is about to square off against 4 Gurgoyles, 2 demon dogs, and this last massive demon. Vera leaps to the demon dog flanking the massive demon and drops him to the ground with her flying leap kick. Vera, unbalanced from the jump kick swings and hits the table cutting into something resting there. A human leg flops down next to Vera as she refocuses on her opponent. Vera’s follow up strikes leave him a bloody mess on the floor. The large demon flips the table over and pushes several humans towards the hallway where MARS is. He gives a wicked smile to Vera, ”Well I did need to work off lunch. Come machine.”

Minerva, enraged at what is happening, powers herself up and uses her considerable psionic abilities to pull the Gurgoyle down the hall for the rest of MARS to deal with. As she clears the hallway she can see there are more demons then she anticipated. 7 of them. Minerva moves her target to her with her TK abilities and slashes him with her blade. He looks at Minerva and laughs, ”I have an itch back here. Do you mind scratching it for me?” As he points to his back. He then raises a large vibro-sword ready for the next exchange when a plasma bolt hits him in the side of the head blasting off part of his lower jaw and spraying Minerva with blood and bone. Rage now in his eyes, the demon looking to take it out on Minerva.

Sam and Jym hang back to provide ranged support to this battle. They still only see the two demons from this far down the hall. As the fight begins they do see the table flip onto its side spilling several people onto the floor. Also two humans are tossed into their line of fire from the south indicating there are more than just two demons for them to deal with. Sam’s fire is brutally effective on the Gurgoyle tossed to them by Minerva. With two bursts the demon’s head evaporates into a cloud of mist. Jym’s shots are effective and clearly anger the demon Minerva is squaring off against. Jym can see he blasted off part of the demon’s jaw with his last shot.

Rocky enters the warehouse and as soon as the door slide shut behind him the overwhelming evil feelings and presences evaporate. Odd. These walls are doing much more then just shielding people from leaving. It seems to be having a dampening effect on your sensitive abilities as well. As for recommendation I would make haste as we no longer have the ability to know what is going on out there. Rocky makes his way through the containers as quietly as he can. This store room has been well used. There are no signs of dust, just tire tracks from some kind of lifting device. Rocky is about halfway through when he hears the whine of a laser rifle accepting a new e-clip comes from behind him. A deep voice echo's from in front of Rocky, ”Well you don’t look like a demon. And you’re not one of my people. So...who are you?”
Oh. Looks like there are others in here. They sound human though.

Time for combat...may the odds be ever in your favor...

Rocky= -142 ISP; -22 SDC; -38 HP; -2 Thundergun shots; (11 Minutes remaining on Psychic Body Field);
Sam= -2 shots from Shard Pistol/ - 1 E-Clip/ -3 Shots from current e-clip HI-80
Minerva= -69 ISP; -50 MD FF
Twonjym= -2 shots from NG-P7 E-Clip; -4 Shot from 2 E-Clips/ -16 MD Head; -7 MD Main Body
Tech FF= Regen 1 MD per minute.
Attachments
Level_5 Working.png
M.A.R.S. GM

Sum of All Fears
Game Master

Postby Beckett » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:50 pm

Perception -- 1d100 = 28 / 74%
JiC d20 | d100 -- 1d20 = 12 | 1d100 = 83

Conditions
-- Forcefield: 160 / 160 [ON]
-- Ammunition (Rifle): 27 / 30 [-1 EClip]

Samantha starts to hang back as she continues to fire at Demons of opportunity. "Cover me," she says to Twonjym. She moves forward, comfortable that her force field will protect her enough from any stray shot. She moves forward quickly with her rifle ready for action She points down the side hall and opens fire at any Demon's that come from that direction..
Beckett
Group Leader

Previous

Return to M.A.R.S. Adventure Forum