Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Moderator: Augur

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Perception : 1d20+1 = 21:
20

JIC : [dice[1d20[/dice] / 1d100:
41

Conditions: Sustain (14 days), Energy Sphere (32 days, 600 PPE)

After conferring with the other members of the group, Ernstweavel slowly made his was way to bed. Being exhausted from the days work made it easy for Ernstweavel to fall asleep. As Ernstweavel’s thoughts faded in to nothingness, he began to slip into a dream state. The first thing that comes into focus is a landscape view of some flat planes. The view seems to be as though Ernstweavel is flying or from some aerial position. After a short couple of seconds later the view begins a clockwise decent towards a black mass in the middle of the plains. During the decent the winds pick up, a haze begins to form in the distance and a mortifying fear in the pit of the stomach grows stronger the closer Ernstweavel gets.

During the decent, a murder of crows joins in on the spiral pattern. When Ernstweavel realizes that the black mass that he descending upon is the ending of a bloody battle. Upon noticing this, the speed of the decent accelerates exponentially. Several hundred feet upon landing Ernstweavel comes to terms with the fact the army that is winning are undead Native American warriors. The warriors seen to eating the entrails and severed limbs of the fallen. The feeling of imminent death grows like hunger pains. A thick fog rolls in as Ernstweavel lands on one of the carcasses, realizing he is viewing all this trough the eyes of a crow.

Ernstweavel lands on one of the dead. Hopping towards the head, he begins to peck at flesh. Tearing bits and pieces off. After a few hardy scratches and couple of good peck at the eyeball, tearing apart some of it from the eye socket, he stats to recognize the owner of the body. Hearing a couple of foot steps and swoosh sound, Ernstweavel turns his head and looks up. See an undead warrior swinging a tomahawk. The moment the weapon strikes Ernstweavel, he wakes up in a panic and a cold sweat. Also realizing the corpse in his dream was him.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 4:
3

Just in Case: 1d20:
17
/1d100:
18

Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover.

Bad Dreams wrote:Daphne walks along a washed out representation of the town the caravan is currently at, all sound seems muffled to the point of being eerily quiet. Until the near deafening cawing of a nearby raven startles Daphne. Upon looking at the bird, Daphne gets a feeling of deep dread, the raven seems just wrong somehow. It seemed abnormally large, with glowing blue eyes and seemed to consist of an almost insubstantial shadowy substance. The raven seems to regard her for a moment, before flying off. In the distance Daphne can now make out a low but discernible wailing, like a mother screaming over a fallen child. Daphne begins to see bodies strewn about her and registers the crunching sound beneath her feet. Daphne recoils in horror as she realizes she is walking on the dried bones of long dead natives. How she new this was just as baffling as the rest of imagery she's seen. Daphne shrieks as she sees the corpses around her begin to rise, and lunge for her.


Daphne awakens with a scream, her breathing ragged and her body covered in cold sweat. Nightmares... Why? Daphne thinks as she gets sits up slowly, her whole body sore from her terrible nights sleep. The images of the dream still half remembered on the back of her eyelids. Daphne slowly makes her way out of the rented bed and lethargically pulls on her clothes and buckles on her armor. What have we gotten ourselves involved with? Daphne thinks as she slips her utility belt on before reaching for her gun harness. The Natives seem to hate the very idea of us. Daphne thinks as she pulls her aviator coat on over everything before looking in the small mirror over the dresser in the tiny rented room. Daphne sighs as she sees she has bags under her eyes. Daphne takes several minute to apply makeup to her face and in the end shrugs at the mediocreness of her current appearance. I suppose some of the images from that dream would make pretty sweet tattoos.

Daphne makes her way down to the common area and is depressed at the news the group is given. Another murder... What the hell is going on? Daphne is relieved when Rocky offers to investigate the new crime scene. "I still should go and talk to the the Northern Gun and Titan reps. I wouldn't be much help in a crime scene investigation." Daphne says as she grabs a coffee and quickly burns her tongue on the hot liquid. "Ow!" Once Daphne has the coffee finished she looks for Walcott. "Do you know where the Northern Gun or Titan Reps are staying?" If Walcott has the answer Daphne thanks her, before making her way to where they are at. If Walcott doesn't know, Daphne will ask around town until she gets the information.

"Hello, I am Daphne Ross with M.A.R.S. and I was wondering if I could have a few minutes of your time to ask some questions."
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 1d20+4 = 6:
2

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
51

MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4) (at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember local geography so he has something to talk about:
Land Navigation--62% /1d100:
97

Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100:
26

Detect Ambush--60%/1d100:
83


A great tree burdened by the roosting of uncountable crows, black eyes beading down on the dwarf below. To Raga Grimcrow this was no cause for alarm in of itself. For a moment he figured he was being visited by his one-eyed Lord, himself. But these crows were strange. Foreign crows, with death and not mischief in their eyes. And from behind the tree which was itself dead came the stumbling walking corpses of native warriors. Raga is alarmed but cannot raise voice nor fist. He is trapped, under the tree of death.


"Baaah!!! Begone you blasted specters! By Thor's fuzzy balls! The evil spirits got me!" Raga wakes with a start before joining the others for breakfast.

"He's one of the dwarfs from the crew. Found him last night standing over the body, knife in hand, still dripping blood. He claims he didn't do it and can't remember nothing," the Sheriff gives a sideways glance at Raga, "Says the crew drank more than humanly possible yesterday and he blacked out. We're done with him and the scene if you want to go have a look or ask him more questions."



"Let me have a talk with the lad, I met no murderers last night, some fool sorcery is to be blamed, no doubt." Raga frowns.
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 am

The Crime Scene (Rocky, and?)
Heading to the crime scene, Rocky sees the same sight as before. Dead bodies with black crow feathers stuck in their mouths. His psychic senses are aware of a terrible presence of evil and death in the area, but it isn't specific to one spot. The whole pale radiates with supernatural ill will. Just outside the crime scene the Sheriff's deputies are having a hard time holding back a crowd of traditionalist protesters. The shaman, Mukuroo, is there leading them, "The spirits are speaking. Return to the old ways or what befalls the outsiders will befall each of us!"

The crowd is peaceful enough but certainly spooked.

The Suspect (Raga, and?)
At the sheriff's outpost, Raga meets with the dwarf - Oin Ironfist. He is visibly shaken and wild eyed with disbelief at his predicament. When questioned he gives a story consistent with what the sheriff already said, "Look, I didn't do nothing. We drank, I passed out. I woke up in the morning looking at a pair o' dead bodies. Why would I hurt my own clan and ruin our job. This is our livelihood. I tell you, I didn't do it."

The Groups of Interest (Daphne, and?)
Walcott points Daphne to another, nicer, hotel in town where the representatives of NG and Titan are staying. She's even kind enough to call ahead and set-up a meeting, using her MercTown Trade Delegation credentials to get an audience. They both meet her for breakfast in the hotel lobby. The Northern Gun rep is a slick saleswoman in a classic business power suit named RIia Black while the Titan Robotics guy, Big Jim, looks like he just rolled in off a ranch, with a hat, chaps, and vest common across the New West. After some polite banter Big Jim cuts to the chase, "Heard there was a another murder this morning. Kinda thing you'd expect from a Black Market operation like Bandito."

XP Note
+250 to Raga, Ernst, Daphne


Warning
I'll leave this post open for 7 days, then issue warnings to start the new year off right. I was hoping to wrap this adventure by the end of the quad but my schedule and the holidays didn't make that possible. I am in negotiations with a very good GM to pick up this group next quad, so let's make sure things are in working order for him.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 6:
2

JIC d20: 1d20:
3

JIC d100: 1d100:
27


"The spirits are speaking. Return to the old ways or what befalls the outsiders will befall each of us!"


Rocky wasn’t sure what he was going to do. But this one might be able to lead him someone who could help. So, he approaches this one speaking and ask. “Excuse me sir. I’m Rocky, I have some information about this scene. Is there a shaman, mystic maybe some old wise men, uh people, of your group here?” He would like his group there to. “My group is here to help. I would like them to come with me so we can share or gather information.”

Rocky gives the feelings of truth and helpfulness.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 11:
10

JIC: 1d20:
18
/ 1d100:
100

Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE), Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover..

Ernstweavel waits patiently while Oin Ironfist explains his actions from the preceding night. During this time, Ernstweavel tried to shake off the terror from last night’s dream. Forcing his mind into high gear.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65% / 1d100:
55
and Lore: Faeries & Creatures of Magic 50%/ 1d100:
2

Lore: Magic
--General Knowledge: 55% / 1d100:
62

--Recognize Enchantment 38%/ 1d100:
12
-> To think of creatures or anyrhing that does possessions or mind control.

After Oin finishes Ernstweavel produces a genuine smile. ”I know this must be difficult for you. We're here to help. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering for me, it might help jog your memory? Do you know of any one that has a grudge or vendetta against you or want to frame you? Have you ever walked out of a job or screwed over a company that might hire some mercs to ruin you?”
I.D. Undercover Agent 30% / 1d100:
57
Just in case Oin is double crossing.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:31 am

Perception: 1d100:
81
/27% Failed by 54%

Just in Case: 1d20-1 = 9:
10
/1d100:
74

Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover.

Venatus Vinco wrote:The Groups of Interest (Daphne, and?)
Walcott points Daphne to another, nicer, hotel in town where the representatives of NG and Titan are staying. She's even kind enough to call ahead and set-up a meeting, using her MercTown Trade Delegation credentials to get an audience. They both meet her for breakfast in the hotel lobby. The Northern Gun rep is a slick saleswoman in a classic business power suit named RIia Black while the Titan Robotics guy, Big Jim, looks like he just rolled in off a ranch, with a hat, chaps, and vest common across the New West. After some polite banter Big Jim cuts to the chase, "Heard there was a another murder this morning. Kinda thing you'd expect from a Black Market operation like Bandito."


Daphne is polite in her greetings of the two corporate representatives. When Big Jim talks, Daphne listens and considers his words. "Yes that is true there was another murder this morning, seems one of the dwarven construction workers murdered one of his fellows. News seems to travel pretty fast around here it seems." Daphne says with a almost monotone expression. "I was hoping that either of you could help me understand the nature of this situation better. As I have been told Northern Gun, Titan Robotics, and Banditio Arms all vied for the rights to build a presence here, but Banditio Arms won the contract. What I don't know is the why of it. Obviously as a former Northern Gun employee I have an inkling of the kinds of resources Northern Gun could have dropped on this venture, and I have a vague understanding that Titan Robotics isn'a slouch when it come to disposable income. How did a black market operation like Bandito win out?" Daphne asks. When the reps answer, Daphne is looking for emotional tells and other reactions to understand the reps better.

Once the reps have answered, Daphne will ask her next question. "Do either of you have staff here, or is it just the two of you for your respective companies?" Daphne asks hoping to probe for more information.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 60% 1d100:
38

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
19
/1d100:
24

MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4) (at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember local geography so he has something to talk about:
Land Navigation--62% /1d100:
75

Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100:
3

Detect Ambush--60%/1d100:
77


Telepathy (4), Enhanced Perception (10)

Raga sharpens his senses and then reaches out with his mind to hear the dwarf's inner thoughts. Och, this is a tragic situation. Possession? I suppose so...

"Look, I didn't do nothing. We drank, I passed out. I woke up in the morning looking at a pair o' dead bodies. Why would I hurt my own clan and ruin our job. This is our livelihood. I tell you, I didn't do it."


"That's fine lad, I believe ya. What's the last thing you remember? Let's start there."
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:24 am

Rocky wrote:Rocky wasn’t sure what he was going to do. But this one might be able to lead him someone who could help. So, he approaches this one speaking and ask. “Excuse me sir. I’m Rocky, I have some information about this scene. Is there a shaman, mystic maybe some old wise men, uh people, of your group here?” He would like his group there to. “My group is here to help. I would like them to come with me so we can share or gather information.”


Mukuroo looks at Rocky, "I believe you are here to help stranger. You also have two traveling with your group who appear to be of our people, but with powerful auras. Our grand mother would very much like to meet them. She remembers the time before the fall of man and all the stories of our people. Bring the powerful ones and she may be grateful and share a story with us," with that he turns and calms the crowd a little. As for the "powerful ones" Rocky is pretty certain the shaman is talking about John and Miho - the two resident deific beings.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:28 am

Ernstweavel wrote:Lore: Demons & Monsters: There are many creatures that can control minds and dreams. Without more clues, narrowing it down may be difficult. At this stage it could be anything from an entity to a mindolar mind slug.
Lore: Magic--Recognize Enchantment: Blacking out is certainly a classing sign of possession. Other types of mind control allow the victim to see what's happening but not control it.


Ernstweavel wrote:After Oin finishes Ernstweavel produces a genuine smile. ”I know this must be difficult for you. We're here to help. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering for me, it might help jog your memory? Do you know of any one that has a grudge or vendetta against you or want to frame you? Have you ever walked out of a job or screwed over a company that might hire some mercs to ruin you?”


The dwarf positively sputters at the question about walking out on a job, and answers indignantly, "We always stand by our work and would never leave off on a job. Things got nasty in the bidding for this job, sure, but no one is dirty enough to sabotage this project now...well maybe Bandito is but we're working for them."
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:36 am

Daphne wrote:Daphne is polite in her greetings of the two corporate representatives. When Big Jim talks, Daphne listens and considers his words. "Yes that is true there was another murder this morning, seems one of the dwarven construction workers murdered one of his fellows. News seems to travel pretty fast around here it seems." Daphne says with a almost monotone expression. "I was hoping that either of you could help me understand the nature of this situation better. As I have been told Northern Gun, Titan Robotics, and Banditio Arms all vied for the rights to build a presence here, but Banditio Arms won the contract. What I don't know is the why of it. Obviously as a former Northern Gun employee I have an inkling of the kinds of resources Northern Gun could have dropped on this venture, and I have a vague understanding that Titan Robotics isn'a slouch when it come to disposable income. How did a black market operation like Bandito win out?" Daphne asks. When the reps answer, Daphne is looking for emotional tells and other reactions to understand the reps better.

Once the reps have answered, Daphne will ask her next question. "Do either of you have staff here, or is it just the two of you for your respective companies?" Daphne asks hoping to probe for more information.


Both representatives shrug, this time Rila Black speaks first. "Bandito is big out here, Northern Gun has less presence and we saw this as a way to establish a foot hold. Obviously, Banditio wants to protect their turf a little. It was a dirty little competition with some interference with the band council, wooing the local chief, someone stirring up the local spiritual types. Unfortunately, Bandito just has way more assets on the ground in the West. Just me and my advance team - most of them have gone back to Ishpeming now." After Black speaks, Big Jim nods, "Yeah, Titian is small on staff big on quality. So just me out here. Damn shame really, I feel like our company is under represented in the market. His would have been one of our first big outlets rather than operating through dealers and resellers." Daphne gets the impression they are being honest. Both of them give off an "it's just business" vibe with no real passion for the lost contract. Yes, it may have been a big deal for them personally but their respective companies are too big to worry too much about one lost bid.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 am

Raga Grimcrow wrote:"That's fine lad, I believe ya. What's the last thing you remember? Let's start there."


Oin recounts his story again, it doesn't change much but does add a little more, "Me and the other two guys were walking to the site, you know to look and just talk about the job, maybe piss on the fence as a sign of drunken protest. We threw some rocks at a big black bird sitting on the fence, had our fun... then next thing I know, I wake up next to my two mates, dead with feathers in their mouths.
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 22:
18

JIC d20: 1d20:
15

JIC d100: 1d100:
19


Mukuroo looks at Rocky, "I believe you are here to help stranger. You also have two traveling with your group who appear to be of our people, but with powerful auras. Our grandmother would very much like to meet them. She remembers the time before the fall of man and all the stories of our people. Bring the powerful ones and she may be grateful and share a story with us," with that he turns and calms the crowd a little. As for the "powerful ones" Rocky is pretty certain the shaman is talking about John and Miho - the two resident deific beings.


Rocky looks at Mukuroo and Nods in agreement, “Sounds good to me, do you have a time for the meeting and a place? I can call my associates up now and we can go with you if you like?”

Rocky gets on the radio, “Recon One here, I have a meeting with Grandmother she might have some information and I have some information to share from the site. I would like Miho and John to join me on this meeting. Right now, I’m at the site.”
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:54 pm

Rocky wrote:Rocky looks at Mukuroo and Nods in agreement, “Sounds good to me, do you have a time for the meeting and a place? I can call my associates up now and we can go with you if you like?”


"Grandmother will wish to see the mighty spirits you have brought with you, she is on a vision quest. We will go to her and wait on her return. Gather your friends."
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Perception 1d20+2 = 9:
7

JiC d20 | d100: 1d20:
9
| 1d100:
55


Computer Programming -- 1d100:
76
/ 97%
Notes
Utilizing the Computer Programming skill to help design a flow chart and time line. Basic concepts of Project Management

Samantha stayed up way to late after the tavern conversation. Her mind was racing over all the different pieces of information that was brought in from the different groups. Raga being the toughest one to understand, with his vulgar, loud spoken, and unfiltered of any sort of information. Just thinking about everything he had said, could cause massive headaches trying to unravel the most basic of information.

So Samantha did what she does best, she started working on a flow diagram and timeline of everything they know. Starting with the town before the presence of outsiders trying to set up shop, till now. Leaving space for future events as things move in. It isn't till almost morning that she starts to crash, and crash hard.

In the late morning Samantha starts to wake up, Ugh! My ear hurts... She lifts her head up off the keyboard she was working on well into the middle of the night. Running her hands through her hair and pulling it back, scratching the base of her skull as she does so. Her eyes dart over to the clock, and a slight sense of panic sets in as a jolt of adrenaline courses through her veins. The team!

In a short while she exits her room, after quickly changing clothes. She pulls out her radio, and is about to call over to Rocky when his voice comes on the line looking for Miho and John. Thank heavens for a team that can continue to function while your not! She radio's back over to Rocky as well. "Recon One, I'll be on my way as well. If I find either of them, I'll drag them along. Over."

After verifying John and Miho are (or not) on the barge, she heads on over to where Rocky is. "What's the status?"
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:38 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

Samm
She radio's back over to Rocky as well. "Recon One, I'll be on my way as well. If I find either of them, I'll drag them along. Over."


Rocky responds to Samm's Radio call over the radio, "Recon One here, copy will wait for you and the others." "Hmm! Maybe therest of the team came up with some good clues as to what is happening."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 6:
4

JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20:
4

JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100:
85

Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 14:
9

Conditions: Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until proper rest/recovery.

Miyitowin doesn't really need to sleep.

She thinks she does, but she doesn't really need much of it. That's what happens when you believe yourself to be human and you aren't. Not that she knows she isn't human, but... that's besides the point. Sleep is comforting even if to her, she doesn't *really* get tired easily anymore. Sleep is more than just turning off the body, it's a chance to rest, cleanse and purify the mind.

She tosses.

She turns.

This is ridiculous.

She cannot seem to get to sleep and once or twice, she blinks and feels like she dropped off for a few minutes but recieved no tangible benifet from it. She tries it with a pillow and without, dressed and not, on her chest, on her back and in the wee hours of the morning ultimately sort of gets there.

"Black, blacker, blackest..."
"Colder beyond frozen things..."
"Where there is naught to life, but fragile feathered wings!"

There are dead people everywhere.

She can't recognize any of their faces, twisted parodies of the living and shambling undeath. Something about headdresses and feathers and jumbled images and words. Nothing she can put her fingers on, but it robs her of any kind of real rest. It's all she can do in her dreams to keep from being overrun.

Feathers again. More crow feathers, and....

One of them leaps from the darkness at her and with a scream she feels herself changing as she leaves her clothes and bedding behind in a different form and now awake, just bolts. It makes sense to a tiny brown rabbit, a creature of flight not fight and waking up not knowing what's going on and startled from a nightmare you can't understand, Miyitowin just /runs/. Hops. Whatever you want to call it, bolting into the pre-dawn light away from the party.

She has no radio, either.

Not that rabbits carry radios.

She's gotten pretty far when she slows down and it occurs to her what's just happened -- coming to a rest in the shade of a building and sitting on her haunches. She could be anywhere. Which direction was it to get back?
Skill Roll (Remember the way home/where she is) | Land Navigation | Target: 48 | 1d100:
40
| Success, even after -5% tired penalty.

"Damn it, Damn it, Damn it."

Okay, she's a pissy bunny right now.

She's a rabbit, it's dawn, her clothes were left behind and so was the incredibly valuable weapon that she had at her side.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid."

She should probably question why it feels right to be a rabbit, but she chews a forepaw instead in a frustrated fashion. She isn't a quitter, but she's frustrated. Just when she thought she was getting a handle on her life and contributing to others instead of being a dead weight, here she's gone and done.... this.

It's a little tempting to cry, but rabbits don't do that.

This one moves away in the darkness, trying find a gap in the walls, or a way out suited for her size so she can make it a little distance away from the community and take her moment of humiliation privately. There, beneath a tree, she can let it out to herself and review in her rabbity head what's gone on.
Skill Roll (Move about unseen as a rabbit) | Prowl | Target: 27 +20 (Rabbit sneaking bonus) - 47 | 1d100:
4
- Success!

She overreacted, that's why, she had a nightmare and lost her cool and overreacted.

Maybe she'll see something of note? Or hear it? Maybe not. But she knows what she needs to do -- it's been awhile since she connected with her faith -- and returning to her sleeping place, she'll let the magic go and become a person again; hopefully dressing quickly and vanishing again into the still before dawn with the drum that she'd purchased at the market the day before and her axe.

It's a thing that she feels like she needs to do, and she'll wander aimlessly if she needs to -- maybe that's a dumb thing to do in a community with murderers in it, but there has to be a place she can feel connected to the earth and there, hopefully in semi-privacy at least she begins to sing and play. It's for comfort more than intention at first, that she sketches a circle to stand in, complete with the signs of elemental earth and air.

At first, it's just about her music and the need to feel better. To touch on the things that still make her human amidst all of these wierd things that she's having to adjust to and just /relax/. She's tired, annoyingly tired -- she thought she didn't get that way anymore -- but she doesn't let it interfere with her words and her playing.

Her playing becomes better, and her words more clear -- all improvised as she puts more heart and soul into it and as the sun comes up, it will find her in her circle, in the midst of a full on musical prayer. It's become a request for clarity, and a request for assistance. If her spirits are listening, might they be so kind as to grant her help?

She's done this before -- and nothing happened -- or at least, she thinks she's done it before -- but given perhaps the quality of her request, perhaps the spirits are listening even if she doesn't expect them to be?

Skill Roll | Professional - Play Musical Instrument: Native Hand Drum | Automatic Critical Success - 1 EP
Skill Roll | Professional - Sing | Automatic Critical Success - 1 EP
Skill/Ability Roll | Warlock, Summon Elemental | Automatic Critical Success - 1 EP

OOC: I'm sorta hoping for something here that I can play up like a familiar, kinda? But more writing to do. Extra adoration if it's relevant to the story somehow. I leave it totally in VV's hands what she gets. I love the elemental spirits in Spirit West vs more standard elementals, but. I'm sorry if I didn't articulate it well, was hard to catch up all of this in one post. But I'm looking for something more story than combat munchy stats, heck if you want make up something totally new. I'd encourage the GM to have some fun! Think up a name, basic personality if applicable etc, and PM it to me if she's able to do this and I'll roll with it. Won't disappoint! I don't even have a preference as to what sign. Whatever works best for the story right now!


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Perception: 1d100:
41
/32%
Just in Case: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
29

Conditions: None.

Venatus Vinco wrote:Both representatives shrug, this time Rila Black speaks first. "Bandito is big out here, Northern Gun has less presence and we saw this as a way to establish a foot hold. Obviously, Banditio wants to protect their turf a little. It was a dirty little competition with some interference with the band council, wooing the local chief, someone stirring up the local spiritual types. Unfortunately, Bandito just has way more assets on the ground in the West. Just me and my advance team - most of them have gone back to Ishpeming now." After Black speaks, Big Jim nods, "Yeah, Titian is small on staff big on quality. So just me out here. Damn shame really, I feel like our company is under represented in the market. His would have been one of our first big outlets rather than operating through dealers and resellers." Daphne gets the impression they are being honest. Both of them give off an "it's just business" vibe with no real passion for the lost contract. Yes, it may have been a big deal for them personally but their respective companies are too big to worry too much about one lost bid.


Daphne nods at the two reps. "Seems like Bandito likely brought this on themselves. I thank you for your time." Daphne says before parting company with the two representatives and seeking out Sam.

Once Daphne has found Sam, she'll sit down near her and sigh. "The Titan Rep and the Northern Gun Rep likely have nothing to do with the situation. They almost seem not to care that they lost the contract. If one had seem angry I may have been suspicious, but other than Titan being annoyed by the lack of representation out here in the west, they seemed to be okay with it. Northern Gun already sent most of it's staff back to Ishpeming, while Titan just had the rep here." Daphne recounts before looking at Sam. "SO what now?"
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 60% 1d100:
27

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
52

MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 24:45 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 9:45 (-4) (at end of period), Mind Block (-4)
Skills
Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100:
25

Detect Ambush--60%/1d100:
52

Lore: Magic--55%/1d100:
7

Lore: Demons & Monsters--55%/1d100:
100


"Ernstweavel, I'm going to the worksite to poke around until I stir up a big black bird. I can't recommend coming with me unless you are able to defend your mind from possessing entities or psychic attack."

And with that Raga heads over to the site, engages the power of Mind Block, leaps over whatever fences they've got up and begins knocking about the place stirring up as much fuss as possible. If there's a earth moving machine he'll use Telemechanics to operate it and begin digging an enormous hole. All the while he keeps his eye out for the Bog Black Bird of Oin's recollections.

"C'mon ya evil bastard! Come out an play!"
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Rocky
With Rocky's agreement, Mukuroo gives the psychic the location of grandmother's abode. It's not in town but out in the wilderness aways. Won't take long to get there with a vehicle, but the thought of an old woman living way out there by herself is peculiar - although nothing is surprising on this planet anymore.

Miyitowin
As she sings and prays Miyitowin can feel the spirits of the elements rush around her, the earth tremors slightly, a fire sparks to life, the breeze blows and watery mist forms in the air. The elemental mingle and dance amidst one another to the beat of her drum, swirling, mingling, and forming into shapes. Peering into the mist she sees two forms begin to rise from the earth. The first form appears to be a wise and grandfatherly man, still striking but also full of wisdom. The second is warrior brave, young but also handsome and powerfully built. The grandfather looks intensely at Miyitowin, "You have asked for our help daughter, and because of the evil at work here you shall have it." The old man indicated the warrior brave, "This is my great grandson. He will assist you with the task at hand. You will need his skills. However, be warned I do not take kindly to the mistreatment of my family." The earth begins to shake and rumble, and fissures open up the the ground in front of Miho, "I will dug the bones of your ancestors from the earth and crush them into flour for my bread if any harm befalls my grandson."

Slowly the mist begins to recede and the old man sinks back into the ground, just before he disappears the man stares hard at Miyitowin, "You look so much like your mother.". As the elements clear, Miyho is left standing with the young man who speaks the language of true elementals, "Someone digs into the earth, that is where we should be."

OOC Comments
1 Earth
2 Air
3 Fire
4 Water

1d4:
1
- Lesser Earth Elemental Spirit

Raga
Down in the pit, Raga begins to make a ruckus. Making the earth machines go he starts digging a hole. As he digs, one by one, a murder of black crows begins to perch on the fence. Soon, the whole area is filled with black crows, flying sittings, cawing. The noise is deafening and their dark forms cast shadows as they begin to blot out the sun.

Daphne & Sam
After returning from her visit to the representatives, Daphne finds everyone is converging on the construction site. Rocky is talking down the protesters while Raga is down in the pit yelling at the walls and making a mess and the whole area is full of screaming crows. Daphne feels a deep chill go down her back and gives an involuntary shudder. Then Sam stops talking mid sentence and her eyes gloss over. Moving slowly, but with purpose Sam goes down into the pit drawing he side arm and aiming it at Raga!

Sam
You are possessed. If you want to role play the possession they only thing on its mind is killing Raga
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 12:
10

JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20:
12

JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100:
8

Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 8:
3

Conditions: Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until proper rest/recovery.

There is something to be said for being caught up in your music.

It is like meditation to her, restorative and bringing some sense of calm after the craziness of the night. At the same time, she can feel the elements responding. She is ignorant about so many things of herself, but she is aware that she is a Warlock. For her, the growing presence of the elements -- especially her chosen two -- are a source of comfort. So she continues -- doing her very, absolute best -- trailing to a stop as the element's display settles down and the two stone spirits remain.

There are no words in any language for how fortunate I am.

"I am humbly grateful." She means it too, understanding just how much of a gift she has been given here.

Involuntarily, she steps one or two steps back when the fissures come, just sort of staring and not really knowing what to say.

"I will do my best."

Wait. Mother?

I thought I was supposed to understand that I wasn't a mortal being. I have a mother? Why wouldn't I have a mother? I must have a mother, and I can't remember anything of her.

"Mother?" She asks out loud, just as involuntary as her step back, once only the grandson is left.

"... nevermind. I am sorry. Do you have a name? What would you like me to call you?"

Digging? Digging for what?

As she waits for a reply, she crouches with a hand against the soil. Paying attention. Listening. Even though she can't shake the line of thought in her head. Why did i just say never mind? I don't /want/ to never mind.

Ability | Sense tremors in Earth from quakes, explosions, heavy equipment etc | Target: 32%| 1d100:
93
- Fail


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:14 pm

Perception: 1d100:
18
/ ?%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20:
10
| 1d100:
84


"We need to..." Samantha's voice suddenly stops. But her mind continues speaking, ... get Raga to stop!. With a flick of a switch the power servo's kick on her armor, a slight hum internally can be heard. Her hand reaches for her Southern Cross service pistol, as she leaps into the air. Her armored form lands on at the bottom of the pit. What's going on... why can't I control my arms.

Samantha starts running towards Raga, her pistol raised and she started firing [Strike: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
(Nat 20!) | Damage: 2d6+2 = 13:
5, 6
(26 MD)], her speed picks up a notch as the servo's in her armor energizes as she fires three more times. [Strike: 1d20+5 = 6:
1
| Damage: 2d6+2 = 7:
4, 1
[Strike: 1d20+5 = 13:
8
| Damage: 2d6+2 = 10:
4, 4
[Strike: 1d20+5 = 21:
16
| Damage: 2d6+2 = 10:
2, 6
]

Help! Samantha tries to scream. Her body not responding to any of her mental instructions, as her armored form comes up to the side of the vehicle Raga is in, not allowing it to back over or run into her. Samantha's body leaps into the air again to land onto the side of the vehicle in order to rip Raga out, from behind the controls. [Pilot: Robots & Power Armor -- 1d100:
29
/ 93%]
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 am

Perception: 1d100:
49
/32%
Just in Case: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
12

Conditions: None.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20:
8

Number of attacks: 6

Action One: Be a bit surprised when Sam goes all Terminator towards Raga.
Action Two: Chase after Sam
Action Three: Attempt to Disarm Sam. (1d20+3 = 23:
20
)
Action Four: Attempt to Disarm Sam. (1d20+3 = 4:
1
)
Action Five: Attempt to Disarm Sam. (1d20+3 = 23:
20
)
Action Six: Attempt to Disarm Sam. (1d20+3 = 16:
13
)
Action Seven: Attempt to Disarm Sam. (1d20+3 = 17:
14
)

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 14:
8
, 1d20+6 = 21:
15
, 1d20+6 = 15:
9
, 1d20+6 = 22:
16
, 1d20+6 = 19:
13
, 1d20+6 = 18:
12
.


Daphne is enjoying the walk with the more experienced engineer when the strangest thing happens and Sam goes crazy it seems. Daphne is unsure of what's happening at first even going so far to say. "Hey Sam knock it off that's Raga." But when that doesn't snap the Engineer out of it, Daphne moves to action, first by chasing after Sam and once caught up to her attempting to disarm her of the pistol she's trying to shoot Raga with. The Hell is going on here?
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:03 pm

Perception: 1d100:
95
/ 29%
JIC: 1d20:
20
/ 1d100:
41

Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE),[color=red ] Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover.[/color].

Ernstweavel could barely respond before Raga had run off in some half hazard mission. Taking a few moments to contemplate his next course of action, Ernstweavel eventually decides to follow Raga back to the construction site. Keeping is guard up the whole way there.

Hopefully this isn't going to end in utter failure, but if there is someone or thing, possessing people then Raga will need my help. Maybe by chance the others could be around.

By the time Ernstweavel arrives at the construction site things look like they are in full swing. Raga looks like he is having fun or if Ernstweavel didn’t know better, a drunken stupor. Have a little entertainment at watching Raga, Ernstweavel almost doesn’t notice Samantha drawing her weapon.

”SAM! HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” What the fuck is she doing? She's going to kill someone. What would posses…. Oh, that’s right. We got to stop this soon bur first help Raga.

Before rushing down into the pit, Ernstweavel takes a few moments to prepare. Casting Armor of Ithan (10) and Multiple Image (7) on himself. Afterwards Ernstweavel closes the gap between him and Samantha, saving what little time left over to anticipate a change in targets from Raga to himself. Ernstweavel had almost forgotten about Daphne. Only remembering she was there when attempted to engage Raga.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 60% 1d100:
41

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
17
/1d100:
38

MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4) (at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember local geography so he has something to talk about:
Land Navigation--62% /1d100:
40

Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100:
90

Detect Ambush--60%/1d100:
64


As Raga's plan works perfectly... up until the point his boss becomes possessed by an ancient spirit. Oh shit, didn't quite think that one through, Raga my boy. Lessee...

Raga takes a moment to devise a plan, willing to take a laser blast to the face or two while he works out how to trap Sam either:
  1. In the cab of the offending Earth Machine using Telemechanics and his own athletic ability or Teleport (self) 10 PPE.
  2. In a nearby enclosed space of some kind using Teleport Others 20 PPE or Teleport (self) 10 PPE
  3. In a Carpet of Adhesion (Boring)
Init: 1d20+6 = 25:
19

JiCs for rolls attempting the above:
Strike +3 Dodge +6 1d20:
10
1d20:
6
1d20:
18
1d20:
19
1d20:
19
1d20:
11


"Here I am come get me, I'm messing with yer precious dirt!" Raga taunts the spirit possessing Sam.
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 19:
15

JIC d20: 1d20:
11

JIC d100: 1d100:
91


So Rocky goes speaks out over the radio, “Miho, John, this Recon One meet us at the construction site we have a Meeting with Grandmother. The boss will be along with us.”

Rocky waits for some response. He thinks, “This is going to take some time, just relax.” He is especially concern when he doesn’t hear from the other two. “Hmm, maybe they are just hoofing it over here.”

The he sees Samm coming over. Then stopping and turning and going down into the pit, “Strange!” He moves fast as she draws her pistol. “Crap,” “No Samm. Raga watch out!”

Rocky tries to Paralize her using Bio Manipulation (10 ISP)
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 am

We Are Legion
Samantha Beckett, leader of the MercTown Armored Recon Service and do-gooder extraordinaire, calmly walks toward her friend Raga the dwarf and unloads her energy pistol into his face. Fortunately, for everyone involved, Raga is impervious to energy. Undeterred, Samantha prepares to charge at him. From the edges of the construction zone her teammates watch in surprise as their boss and all around good person appears to go mad. Finally, Rocky - who had been negotiating with the nearby crowds - turns his attention to the commotion and uses his significant psychic power to stop Sam in her tracks.

For a few brief moments Rocky can sense a malignant presence inside his friend but as she stops in her tracks, then falls over paralyzed, she manages to mutter something.

"We shall not rest."

Nearby, the local shaman Mukuroo appears next to Rocky, "The spirits have taken control of her. I can ask them to leave, if you wish it. They may not agree." Meanwhile John bends down near Sam and looks her over. "Classic possession," he concludes. "I know a spell of exorcism, if this spirit leaves then perhaps the murders will also stop." the demigod furrows his brow for a moment, "Yet, she also said "we" perhaps there is more than one."

A murmur goes through the crowd as Miho shows up with a good looking Native American man in tow. Mukuroo looks at the man and is immediately shocked and pleased, "All the spirits, good and evil, walk the earth today. Welcome."
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:06 am

Perception: 1d20+4 = 10:
6

40% 1d100:
88

JIC d20: 1d20:
20

JIC d100: 1d100:
75


For a few brief moments Rocky can sense a malignant presence inside his friend but as she stops in her tracks, then falls over paralyzed, she manages to mutter something.

"We shall not rest."


The Old Rocky, one that use to run a Merc group takes charge, “Raga are you OK? Samm is out of it for now, that wasn’t her.” As he tries to calm Raga from going after the now helpless Samm. “There is something evil About this place. And I’m afraid you just set something loose.”

Mukuroo appears next to Rocky, "The spirits have taken control of her. I can ask them to leave, if you wish it. They may not agree."


“Yes Mukuroo please do so. Poor Samm, I hope she can understand it wasn’t her doing this.”

John
"Classic possession," he concludes. "I know a spell of exorcism, if this spirit leaves then perhaps the murders will also stop." the demigod furrows his brow for a moment, "Yet, she also said "we" perhaps there is more than one."


RockyRemembers when he possed others, “Yea, I think so too. I think this isn’t over. But let’s get her out of here and away from the pit. This might also explain the other Dwarf, the one they have as captive, he more than likely didn’t kill anyone either.”

“Now that I have everyone here I need all of us, to go to Grandmothers, to get information. I don’t need anyone else to get possessed.”

Rocky turns to Muuroo, "I think we have seen the cause of the problems here. We need to see Grandmother quickly.”
Last edited by Rocky on Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Perception: 1d100:
46
/ 29%
JIC: 1d20:
2
/ 1d100:
63

Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE), Armor of Ithan (30 M.D.C., 3-? minutes), Multiple Image (3-? minutes), Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover..

Rocky wrote:“Now that I have everyone here I need all of us, to go to Grandmothers, to get information. I don’t need anyone else to get possessed.”


”I concur. The soon we stop this evil, the better. You think there is anything we can do to prevent all of us from getting possessed? I got nothing, not in my realm of expertise.”

Ernstweavel continues looking over his shoulder, just in case something is still lingering.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Perception: 1d100:
94
/ 73%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20:
6
| 1d100:
49


Samantha reels in horror as her body does not do as she commands. Stop this! Stop! she yells at herself, but it only echoes in her mind. Her fingers depress on the trigger and her shots ring true. But the laser blasts do not seem to have an effect on Raga. Thank the lord! But the entity that had control of her body was determined not to be stopped. As she begins to run, her legs and arms stop moving, Rocky's psionic manipulation does its job well.

As she begins to fall, Samantha can hear her words escape her mouth, "We shall not rest."

A loud ear splitting sound emanates from the team's ear buds and their communication devices. Those that are open to their third eye can see that it is a psychic emanation coming from Samantha.
Psychic Messaging
Everyone who has a team headset: -6 to Initiative, Strike, Parry, and Dodge. Damage: 1d6:
2
SDC Duration: 1 Melee


Samantha's voice comes across raspy, hollow and in Woodland Cree, We will kill you all! Your technology is a blight upon this sacred place. We shall not stop till our land is made whole again.
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:42 am

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 14:
12

JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20:
10

JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100:
22

Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 12:
7
/ Asinîsisp: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until proper rest/recovery.

Miyitowin spends a few moments being thankful.

It isn't something that she has to conjure or imagine, she really is exactly that.

She has asked, the spirits have answered and in her mind it's a deep honor.

Settling on the name of Asinîsisp for the moment, Miyitowin follows directions and suggestions and eventually makes her way to relative chaos as Sam and Raga go about their thing. She screeches to a halt, Asinîsisp taking up a pace behind her. He's a tall, handsome looking man in a breechcloth and nothing else and his arms are crossed with ever so slight of a smirk on his face behind her. It's as if he finds the world itself amusing.

She does not.

She's confused again.

One would think I would not be perpetually confused if I am what I am told I am.

Confusion is a way of life to her it seems.

She has to act quickly.

But what the heck is there to do?

Two of her teammates fighting, and...

"Raga, Sam! Stop it! Everyone, stop it!"

She's just in time to overhear what Sam is saying. She's also fortunate in that she's not wearing one of those radio doohickeys. It'd be nice if she had better control over her poise too, but the woman stands there, one hand on her hip, staring at Sam. Then she begins to speak in her own tongue.

Skill Roll | Language: Woodland Cree | Target: 115 | 1d100:
33
| SUCCESS

".... calm yourself. Rash actions are not going to help. There are people here who will listen. I will listen. Look at me. Do I carry technology?"

She begins to move down the slope towards Raga and Sam, Asinîsisp following alongside and still smirking.

She does not carry technology. Not a whit of it.

"Please stop hurting my friends or you are going to have to go." Miyitowin says, very plainly. "That is not going to help anyone."

"I will listen to you. What is here?" She looks around the mining site once. "What is the signifigance of this place? Besides, of course, it being yours. That is important too." More than that, perhaps she can figure something out about this place from what they are doing. She has absolutely no idea what the party has already discovered, if anything, or what that big machine is for. Such is the disadvantage of coming in late.

Skill Roll | Excavation | Target: 42 | 1d100:
66
| FAIL
Skill Roll | Mining | Target: 47 | 1d100:
29
| SUCCESS

As Miyitowin talks, Asinîsisp attempts to work his way around Sam so that he is actually standing behind her. He makes no move for a weapon -- not that he's concealing anything under that breechcloth -- and listens attentively to what's going on.

Miyitowin meanwhile, thinks fast. Does anything here make sense? She has to run under the assumption Sam isn't herself, because Sam didn't learn an ancient language overnight, no matter how much respect Miyitowin has for the other woman's intellect.

Skill Roll | Lore: Psychics & Psionics| Target: 57 | 1d100:
69
| FAIL
Skill Roll | Lore: Magic | Target: 42 | 1d100:
82
| FAIL
Skill Roll | Lore: Demons & Monsters | Target: 67 | 1d100:
9
| SUCCESS
Skill Roll | Lore: American Indians | Target: 62 | 1d100:
34
| SUCCESS


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:50 pm

((Rolls Carry Over))

A loud ear splitting sound emanates from the team's ear buds and their communication devices. Those that are open to their third eye can see that it is a psychic emanation coming from Samantha.
Samantha's voice comes across raspy, hollow and in Woodland Cree, We will kill you all! Your technology is a blight upon this sacred place. We shall not stop till our land is made whole again.


Rocky screams out, "What the bat crap was that!" Rocky rips his ear piece out of his ear. as he puts his finger into his ear and tries to shake something out. "That isn't playing fair."
He shifts and continues, "Get Samm out of her armor."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 16:
8

JIC: 1d20:
9
/ 1d100:
52


Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE)

John winces in pain and exclaims, "Ah!" Quickly he pulls the tiny ear mic out of his ear and turns the radio off. Standing fully he slips the mic into his pocket while his free hand goes to the silver holy symbol around his neck and rubs it while he thinks. The reverie is short however as he bends to carry out Rocky's orders, first divesting Sam of any weapons, then her armor (covering her with his own shirt if necessary to preserve her modesty). Picking everything up he carries it all a good thirty or forty feet away and sets it down along with his own force field belts and weapons.

Returning he chants the words to See Aura (6 PPE, 15 seconds) and Tongues (12 PPE, 18 minutes) as he crouches down next to where Sam lies. Chanting a third spell he covers Sam's front with a head to toe Carpet of Adhesion (-10 PPE, 15 minutes) and then rolls her onto her stomach faced away from the rest of the group (careful not to stick himself to her and also careful to maintain her airway). He remains crouched next to her as Miyo asks her questions and examines Sam closely, first her aura, and then for any physical hints about what might be possessing his commander.

Recognize Enchantment 67%: 1d100:
25

Simpatico with Magic 45%: 1d100:
51

Lore: Demons & Monsters 97%: 1d100:
73

Lore: Psychics & Psionics 57%: 1d100:
6


He remains quiet if the entity answers Miyo, letting it talk, but if it doesn't he decides to try a different tack. "Don't bother," he says to the indian woman also in Woodland Cree and hopefully putting just the right amount of disdain into his voice (Performance 72%: 1d100:
85
). "I've seen entities like this a thousand times. Small, pathetic creatures. Rarely is there more than one and they never believe in anything but chaos. Certainly they have no care for the land or those that walk on it," he says as he tries to goad it into a prideful boast (Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%: 1d100:
61
).

If the entity still won't talk or if it looks like it might break free John will begin the Exorcism (30 PPE). He warns everyone to get back to where he dropped the equipment then begins, first trying a simple casting (save vs 13) and then a ritual casting (save vs 17) if the first fails (using Energize Spell (22 PPE, BoM p. 111) to extend the duration of the Carpet of Adhesion as necessary).

OOC Comments
If the Exorcism is successful the entity gets two chances to possess a nearby host. Sam is +12 on her save, John is +6 on his from the spell. Anyone within 30 feet is a possible target.

Save vs. Possession: 1d20+15 = 23:
8

Save vs. Possession: 1d20+15 = 31:
16


Save vs Exorcism
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby CS High Command » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 pm

(NPC'd)
Victor jogs up to the group like he's just in time when he hears they are stripping Sam, holding his own earbud out from his ear while wincing. "What's with the static and why are we stripping our commanding off... Never mind." If given direction, he takes it, doing as required. Mostly he just melts into the background, as is his habit. About halfway through the ritual casting, he climbs into the cab of the crane. Before anyone can realize what's going on, the bucket is hurtling towards John! It lands just a bit away from Sam, and anyone near John at the time must also dodge.

Strike 1d20:
1
Damage: 5d6:
5, 2, 6, 3, 5
MD

So Lucky!
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 45% 1d100:
46

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
97

MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4) (at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember possessing entity facts so he has something to talk about:
Lore: Demons & Monsters--55% /1d100:
86

Lore: Magic--55% /1d100:
94

Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100:
13

Detect Ambush--60%/1d100:
37


"Ho, there woman! You stop it now! Ho! hey! Stop that! By Odin's Frothing Fury, Help!" Raga jumps around to avoid Sam the best he can. Once the others have come to deal with the situation, Raga shuffles off to stand by his donkey. Well, kicked it off, that's my job done.
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 pm

((rolls carried over))

Taking the weapons off of Samantha is fairly easy considering she only carries a sidearm, and its in her hand. But removing her out of her armor takes some measurable effort, due to her paralyzed form. Even then, those who try to remove her out of the armor can only take off the exterior mechanical pieces.

As everyone has practically removed their headsets, the entity controlling Samantha reaches out to the site's PA/Horn system. A loud screech comes through the speaker, this time not as powerful as it was through their headsets. This time the entity continues to speak in Cheyenne, "Calm?! Calm?! These people have invaded, corrupted, and soiled our land. You not having technology, does not matter... They do!. We are the dog soldiers. We shall drive them from our land... with their blood!"

As John starts to taunt the spirit within Samantha, her voice changes slightly as she begins to speak in Sumerian, "You're not a priest. You have no power. Spare us your remedial incantations. Even now we have your darling Samantha's soul, as she suffers in torment! "
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 pm

John snorts quietly from somewhere behind Samantha. Continuing in Woodland Cree he says, "If I'm so powerless why are you trying to convince me not to try?" With a rueful shake of his head he keeps taunting the spirit. "No, you're afraid of being cast out and forced to flee this place. But why? Surely there are better places to sow chaos. It's not like you really care abut this land." (Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%: 1d100:
24
)

---
When the crane bucket swings towards John a piercing cry echoes throughout the pit as Sharak wheels around high overhead. "WATCH OUT," the bird yells in John's mind.

"I must finish this," the mage communicates wordlessly to the familiar. "You and the others have to take care of it. Let them act first but if they can't stop the crane you must."

Combat Actions
For Sharak, John keeps working the spell

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 9:
5

APM: 4
JIC: 1d20:
10
/ 1d100:
74


Actions held to the end of the round and only used if the crane is still a threat
Action 1-2: Called shot on crane arm w/ 4 feather daggers. Strike: 1d20+7 = 20:
13
Damage: 4d6:
3, 5, 4, 5

Action 3-4: Called shot on crane arm w/ 4 feather daggers. Strike: 1d20+7 = 10:
3
Damage: 4d6:
5, 1, 4, 5
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:45 am

Perception: 1d100:
87
/32%
Just in Case: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
72

Conditions: Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover.

Combat Rolls
Initiative: 1d20:
12

Number of Action: 6

Action One: Make Exclamation!
Action Two: Run towards Victor and the Crane. (42.5 feet/action)
Action Three: Run towards Victor and the Crane. (42.5 feet/action)
Action Four: Get Victor out of the Crane. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 4:
1
)
Action Five: Get Victor out of the Crane or Keep him occupied. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 20:
17
)
Action Six: Get Victor out of the Crane or Keep him occupied. (Strike: 1d20+3 = 13:
10
)

Parries as needed: 1d20+6 = 16:
10
, 1d20+6 = 24:
18
, 1d20+6 = 13:
7
, 1d20+6 = 10:
4
, 1d20+6 = 7:
1
, 1d20+6 = 21:
15
.
Dodges If it can't be parried: 1d20+6 = 12:
6
, 1d20+6 = 17:
11
, 1d20+6 = 19:
13
, 1d20+6 = 18:
12
, 1d20+6 = 22:
16
, 1d20+6 = 13:
7
.


"Damn it, another one!!" Daphne screams in frustration before turning towards the Crane and running towards it. This is nuts... Spirits possessing us to fight ourselves. Daphne thinks while rushing to the crane. Once there, Daphne tries to yank victor out of the crane and keep him occupied until someone can come and deal with him as well.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby CS High Command » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 pm

As Victor is chased, the spirit inside him screams, "You are all despoilers, defilers. We shall destroy you all! We the Dog Soldiers and we will drive you from our sacred land! You cannot be rid of us invaders! Begone outsiders!"
ImageImage

"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)
"Yippee-ki-yay magic lovers." Lt. John Freeman, CS110 at the Socorro Skirmish of May 110PA

(Many thanks to SNAFU for the basis of my new AVATAR!)
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Miyitowin » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:48 pm

The man in the breechcloth with Miyitowin is Asinîsisp.

He's a pace behind her, arms crossed, smirking at something.

Until all of these things go down, though. The crane begins moving, people are getting agitated..

So, the warrior uncrosses his arms and frowns.

No other action as of yet, but it's a pretty serious frown.

:-[ and all.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Miyitowin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Perception: 1d100:
100
/ 29%
JIC: 1d20:
6
/ 1d100:
55

Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 583 PPE), Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover..

”Holy shit! Everyone look out!” Where the fuck did he come from. I had almost all but forgotten about Victor. Devious rat and his ability to blend into the background and make me forget about him. Wish I had seen him sooner.

Being taken back by the wild movement of the crane Victor was operating, Ernstweavel jumps a little from being surprised. Gathering his composure, Ernstweavel follows behind Daphne to help her overcome the possessed Victor. About at the halfway point, between Sam and Victor, Ernstweavel stops and cast a couple of spells . First Ernstweavel casts Magic Net (7 PPE, 2 minutes) to try and stop the crane from moving, then he cast Energy Field (10 PPE, 4 minutes) to protect Sam and anyone in immediate area around her. After the spells are cast, he then turns his attention to Daphne trying to pull Victor out of the cab of the crane. When Ernstweavel has a clear line of sight, he attempts to cast Paralsys: Lesser (5 PPE, 2 minutes) and paralyze Victor's dominant arm.


Combat actions and rolls
Initiative: 1d20:
18

Number of Action per round: 6

Action One: Reaction to being caught off guard.
Action Two: Run towards Victor and the Crane. (42.5 feet/action)
Action Three: Cast Magic Net (7) at the crane.
Action Four: Cast Energy Field (10) between crane Sam and the others around her.
Action Five: Cast Paralysis: lesser (5) at Victor, if Daphne can get Victor out of crane or reserve for dodge.
Action Six: Cast Paralysis: lesser (5) at Victor, if Daphne can get Victor out of crane or reserve for dodge.


Parries as needed: 1d20+5 = 13:
8
, 1d20+5 = 21:
16
, 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, 1d20+5 = 10:
5
, 1d20+5 = 23:
18
, 1d20+5 = 6:
1
.

Dodges If it can't be parried: 1d20+5 = 17:
12
, 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, 1d20+5 = 20:
15
, 1d20+5 = 20:
15
, 1d20+5 = 13:
8
, 1d20+5 = 19:
14
.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Venatus Vinco » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:16 am

We Are Many
As Victor joins the ranks of the possessed the team now has two suspected entities to deal with. Samantha remains paralyzed but still manages to speak through everyone’s radio using her psychic power. Keeping her paralyzed for 20 minutes will eat into Rocky’s psychic reserves, but not greatly. Victor, on the other hand, remains at large and starts up the crane attempting to drive over the exorcist. Fortunately, Ernstweavel and Daphne manage to restrain him. Daphne rushing toward the crane, knocks Victor out of the cab onto the ground where Ernstweavel’s magic net encloses over him.

Miho and John question and taunt the demon possessing Sam to try and keep it busy while they prepare the ritual. The mention of Dog Soldiers catches Miho’s attention, and the local shaman Mukuroo also raises an eyebrow. Dog Soldiers - Hotamétaneo'o in Cheyenne - were a military society in the Cheyenne nation that eventually grew to be their own militaristic band. They were nearly wiped out long before the Golden Age before becoming a secretive resistance force with a reputation as fierce and effective combatants. In the years leading up to the Golden Age, the soldiers made a come back as Native Americans warned against the dangers facing the earth. The soldiers draw their name from their practice of tethering to a post on what they considered sacred or chosen ground. It seems this particular group took that tethering very seriously!

Fortunately, John manages to drive an entity from Sam. Unfortunately, the commotion has gathered quite a crowd at the construction site: locals, law enforcement, members of the MercTown merchant convoy, dwarven construction workers, and even the representatives from Titan Industries and Northern Gun have come to see the show. This of course proves very problematic - as many of them become possessed as well!

A mob of bystanders suddenly began whooping war cries and descending into the construction area. The mob numbers about two dozen people, some armed with actual modern rifles and vibro-weapons. It’s a massacre inthe making.

Note
Sam is free. Just to be clear you have a mob of 24 possessed people coming toward the group. The group is at the center of a construction site. John has said he wants to do the 20 minute ritual exorcism. Hold them off...the PAs was known for killing innocents so will the tradition continue here?
Venatus Vinco
User avatar
Venatus Vinco
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:54 am
Location: VV's EU account

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:00 am

Perception 85%: 1d100:
27

JIC: 1d20:
14
/ 1d100:
99


Conditions: 184/242 PPE, Tongues (15 minutes), Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE)

Whatever elation John might have felt as Sam is freed is replaced with a chill down his spine at the whooping mob. "WHAT DID YOU DO," he asks angrily of Raga but instead of waiting for an answer he runs over to grab the pile of equipment and bring it back. Handing Sam her portion he settles the forcefield belts onto his chest saying as he does so with a tone of urgency, "We need to get out of here. Now. This place isn't safe." Closing his eyes he wills himself to view the construction site from Sharak's position circling overhead, looking for the safest way over to any stacks of plywood sheets. "I have an idea," he says as he opens his eyes again.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Raga Grimcrow » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Raga Grimcrow
Info and Stats
Perception: 45% 1d100:
21

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
70

MDC: 137/137 PPE: 113/113 ISP: 48/48
TW Infiltration Armor:
    • Helmet • 60/60 • Arms • R: 42/42 • L: 42/42 • Legs • R: 66/66 • L: 66/66 • Main Body • 100/100 • Armor of Ithan • 50/50
Conditions:] Sixth Sense (Constant); Enhanced Perception 25:00 / 25:00 (-10) (bonuses) Telepathy 10:00 / 10:00 (-4) (at end of period)
Skills
Trying to remember possessing entity facts so he has something to talk about:
Lore: Demons & Monsters--55% /1d100:
38

Lore: Magic--55% /1d100:
37

Keeping an eye on things:
Intelligence--38% /1d100:
12

Detect Ambush--60%/1d100:
60


"ME!?!? I got ONE person possessed! It wasn't until you showed up we got the whole riot of 'em! Prick!"

The dwarf shouts after John, then quickly runs directly into the thick of the mob. Using his new magic shield he engages the spell effect of Fleet Feet!

At twice his normal speed and agility Raga does his best to draw fire and fury towards himself and away from any innocents or unarmoured individuals by getting in the face of the rioters and attempting to disarm them. He'll avoiding touching them at all if possible except for parrying the odd vibro-strike or two.

Init: 1d20+4 = 6:
2

Engage Fleet Feet
2-14: Disarm rioters: 1d20+10 = 21:
11
, 1d20+10 = 22:
12
, 1d20+10 = 19:
9
, : 1d20+10 = 23:
13
, 1d20+10 = 20:
10
, 1d20+10 = 21:
11
, : 1d20+10 = 15:
5
, 1d20+10 = 30:
20
, 1d20+10 = 22:
12
, : 1d20+10 = 22:
12
, 1d20+10 = 22:
12
, 1d20+10 = 20:
10
, : 1d20+10 = 29:
19
, 1d20+10 = 26:
16
, 1d20+10 = 15:
5
,


Parry: 1d20+17 = 29:
12
, 1d20+17 = 30:
13
, 1d20+17 = 30:
13
, 1d20+17 = 31:
14
, 1d20+17 = 35:
18
, 1d20+17 = 30:
13
, 1d20+17 = 36:
19
,1d20+17 = 37:
20
, 1d20+17 = 24:
7
,1d20+17 = 36:
19
, 1d20+17 = 28:
11
, dice]1d20+17[/dice], 1d20+17 = 20:
3
, 1d20+17 = 20:
3
,
User avatar
Raga Grimcrow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Beckett » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Perception: 1d100:
95
/ 74%
JiC d20 | d100: 1d20:
9
/ 1d100:
38


As the entity leaves Samantha's body, it is as if a fog lifts. What the hell is going on here! She ties to get up, but is unable to do so from the magic and psionic forces preventing her to move. Why can't I get up. She tries to yell, and it only echoes in her mind, HELP!

Calm yourself Sammy, think your way through this. Pushing her fears aside, as she was trained to do by the Army of the Southern Cross, she listens. The noises are loud and chaotic, but she can hear John chanting and Raga yelling. Okay the team is here, who may be able to help... Rocky! He can probably tell me what the hell is going on. Reaching out with her mind, she focuses on Rocky's radio device. Please have it on, please! [-8 ISP] "Rocky, it's Sam. I need help. I'm stuck on the ground, and I'm unable to move. I don't know if I am a prisoner, but I hear John and Raga and they are nearby. I may need a possible evac, and medical."
User avatar
Beckett
Group Leader
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: P.A.S. - PC

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Daphne » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 am

Perception: 1d100:
19
/32%
just in Case: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
80

Conditions: None.

Initiative: 1d20:
4

Number of attacks: 6

Action One: Daphne draws out her Bang Staff.
Action Two: Hit armored foe with staff. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 23:
18
; Damage: 2d4:
1, 2
M.D. +knockdown)
Action Three: Hit different armored foe with Staff. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 8:
3
; Damage: 2d4:
2, 2
M.D. +knockdown)
Action Four: Fight anyone who gets to close to the team. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 20:
15
; Damage: 2d6:
3, 5
S.D.C.)
Action Five: Fight anyone who gets to close to the team. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 15:
10
; Damage: 2d6:
4, 2
S.D.C.)
Action Six: Fight anyone who gets to close to the team. (Strike: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
Critical!; Damage: 2d6:
2, 3
S.D.C. Critical Damage: 10 S.D.C.)

Parries as needed w/ Bang Staff: 1d20+7 = 25:
18
, 1d20+7 = 27:
20
, 1d20+7 = 15:
8
, 1d20+7 = 20:
13
, 1d20+7 = 27:
20
, 1d20+7 = 13:
6
.
Dodges (Armor reduced to 50%): 1d20+6 = 23:
17
, 1d20+6 = 20:
14
, 1d20+6 = 13:
7
, 1d20+6 = 15:
9
, 1d20+6 = 18:
12
, 1d20+6 = 11:
5
.
Roll w/: 1d20+7 = 20:
13
, 1d20+7 = 22:
15
, 1d20+7 = 15:
8
, 1d20+7 = 23:
16
, 1d20+7 = 20:
13
, 1d20+7 = 19:
12
.

Daphne seeing that Victor is subdued looks to the the mob. "Gonna be a long day." Daphne says as she draws out her Bang Staff and moves towards the "Rioter" with the heaviest looking armor. "Sit down!" She yells as she strikes the person with one of the shotgun ends of the staff. Whirling the staff about Daphne tries to do the same thing to another armored individual, before resorting to normal strikes on the unarmored. "Do we have a plan!?" Daphne yells over the whooping.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 29/29
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment & Gear
See Here For accurate list.
User avatar
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:58 am

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:42 pm

Perception: 40%1d100:
56

JIC d20: 1d20:
17

JIC d100: 1d100:
11


Rocky sees the crowd surge toward the construction site, and he barks commands as he prepares his non-lethal weapons against the possessed, “Sheriff, we will try to stop the surge but we must work together. Smoke and Flash bangs will give your people a chance, watch your eyes!”

Rocky does his best to three Flash Blind and tear gas grenades into the Possesed crowd trying to halt them and allowing the Sheriff and his non-possessed to bind them up.

Rocky does not have his ear phone in so he never hears Samm.

“ Mukuroo guide us to Grandmother.”

Rocky throws the Flash Bangs first followed by the Tear Gas .
6 actions
Action 1
Flash Bang -10 to Strike Parry Dodge. -1 InIt loose one melee for 1d4:
1
melees
Strike: 1d20+7 = 16:
9

Action 2
Flash Bang-10 to Strike Parry Dodge. -1 InIt loose one melee for 1d4:
4
melees
Strike: 1d20+7 = 13:
6

Action 3
Flash Bang-10 to Strike Parry Dodge. -1 InIt loose one melee for 1d4:
4
melees
Strike: 1d20+7 = 15:
8

Action 4
Tear Gas 25 ft cloud for 5 mins, -10 to Strike Parry Dodge. -3 InIt loose one melee for 1d6+1 = 3:
2
melees
Strike: 1d20+7 = 16:
9

Action 5
Tear gas25 ft cloud for 5 mins, -10 to Strike Parry Dodge. -3 InIt loose one melee for 1d6+1 = 5:
4
melles
Strike: 1d20+7 = 19:
12

Action 6
Tear gas25 ft cloud for 5 mins, -10 to Strike Parry Dodge. -3 InIt loose one melee for 1d6+1 = 4:
3
melees
Strike: 1d20+7 = 8:
1
Bad toss
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby John » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Conditions: 184/242 PPE, Tongues (15 minutes), Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 600 PPE)

Or we could run into the middle of the crazed attacking mob and go hand to hand with them, John sighs audibly as he watches Raga and Daphne take off. Suddenly realizing that Sam hasn't taken her pistol or armor he retrieved he turns to find her still paralyzed and stuck to the ground. Setting her things close but just out of her possible reach he nudges Rocky and says, "Release Sam, the carpet will keep her stuck in place if she's still possessed."

The mage's gaze travels from Sam to Victor and out to the mob descending upon them. This is bad. There must be something about this site. Even in the early days when entities were pouring through newly opened rifts a mass possession like this was unheard of. Drawing his sword he begins to cut a pattern in the dirt to collect, focus, and expand the power of the Exorcism incantation. "I need help," he says, imploringly. "You, Mukuroo is it? If you please. Ernst and Miyitowin and you, whoever you are," he says pointing at Asinîsisp. "If we work together we can hopefully expel all the possessing entities at once," John explains as he positions each person that's willing to help evenly around his impromptu ritual and takes his place at the focal point. Slamming the activate button on his force field to take care of any errant shots that might interrupt the casting he begins the Exorcism.

OOC: Per VV each participant increases the spell strength by +1 and if we can split the 750 PPE cost of casting exorcism on 25 people (mob + victor) that would be great so that John isn't completely drained.
Last edited by John on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Smith
Stats: 226 MDC, 258 PPE
Abilities: Spell Strength 14, Charm/Impress 90%, Invoke Trust/Intimidate 80%, Fire & Cold Resistant (half damage), Bio-Regeneration, Sense Rifts 170 miles, Sense Other Dimensional Disturbances (Teleportation, etc) 85 miles

Sharak (Avian Biomech Familiar)
Stats: 45 MDC
Abilities: Telescopic Vision (2 miles), Natural Radar (2000'), See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Impervious to Diseases that affect flesh & blood animals
User avatar
John
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:29 pm

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Rocky » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:43 am

((Rolls Carry Over))

JOHN
"Release Sam, the carpet will keep her stuck in place if she's still possessed."


Rocky hears John thinks about what John said, "Yea she is stuck that be OK." and releases the paralization, he then says to John, "OK , she is ready to move. well from my point of view."
Rocky
Stats & Stuff
P.P.E.: 11
I.S.P.: 216
H.P.: 49
S.D.C.: 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’, 76% for precise # and pinpoint location of presence
Duration: constant, auto sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' costant
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' constant
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15
AOI: 60
TW Thunder Gun
Crystal Armor: Main Body: 35, Forcefield: 70
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Image
User avatar
Rocky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:58 am
Location: PAS

Re: Adventure 5: The Old Ways

Postby Ernstweavel » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Perception: 1d100:
65
/ 29%
JIC: 1d20:
6
/ 1d100:
38

Conditions: Sustain (13 days), Energy Sphere (31 days, 561 PPE), Haunted by Visions -1 to all rolls and -5% to all skills until you can rest/recover..


”Damn it! Where do the possessed keep coming from? We need someone to come up with a plan.”

John wrote: "I need help," he says, imploringly. "You, Mukuroo is it? If you please. Ernst and Miyitowin and you, whoever you are,"he says pointing at Asinîsisp. "If we work together we can hopefully expel all the possessing entities at once," John explains as he positions each person that's willing to help evenly around his impromptu ritual and takes his place at the focal point. Slamming the activate button on his force field to take care of any errant shots that might interrupt the casting he begins the Exorcism.


Ernstweavel runs over to where John and the others are standing. ”I'm here. What do you need me to do?. We got to do this quick or we'll be over run by the possessed.” Following the instructions given to him. Giving aid where ever he can.

I hope his plan works. Seems like there's a good chance that a lot of things could go wrong. Let's hurry this up and get it over with.
P.P.E.: 173 / 173
H.P.: 31 / 31
S.D.C.: 31 / 31
User avatar
Ernstweavel
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:33 pm
Location: gamenoid420

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: MARS & PAS

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests