NEW YORK DOLLS

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 am

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 7
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 14
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 100
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 21

It doesn't take long for it to be over and Shane lets the two survivors go, instead bolting in another direction and trying to get himself under cover again. If he's successful he heads a beeline towards where he heard the sounds of combat from.

Skill: Prowl | Target: 88% -5% from Armor, so 83% | 1d100 = 86 | - Fail
Skill: Radio Basic | Target: 79% | 1d100 = 90 - Fail

"Morning Glory, this is Mindwarp. Just came under attack. If you see some spotted assholes that kind of look like animals be advised are faster than power armor. Killed one, two retreated. Would have just bought it if I was a norm. "

There isn't anything to do but try and stay out of sight, keep an eye out for trouble and try to rendezvous with AAPS and he's pretty sure that rail gun is Morning Glory's...

So at best possible speed and hopefully keeping to cover, that's where Shane goes, adding over the radio:

"Morning Glory, Mindwarp. Confirm rail gun fire on your part please. Hunting you by sound."

Skill: Detect Ambush | Target: 74 | 1d100 = 69 - Success
Skill: Detect Concealment | Target: 69% | 1d100 = 38 - Success

Autododges as necessary:
1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 24, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 25, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 16
Last edited by Shane on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+11 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 83

Sensory Equipment: 1d100/98%

Hearing Shane's radio transmission, Ecks replies "Confirm rail gun bursts. Expedite your travel. We have crossed the bridge."

To Mick, Ecks radios. "Keep your eyes open Mick. Hard to say what we'll get into to. Same to you Victor. Sel how's everyone on your end?"

Ecks aids Brianna at the controls as they pick their way across the bridge. Once across He stays attentive to the monitors. "I wonder if this is going to be even more exciting than the other side. I guess we have to wait and see. he says to Brianna next to him.

Entering Madhaven proper presses down upon him. How can anyone or anything live here like this? No wonder those metal men are crazy. he thinks to himself. He has never been any place that has felt so malicious. "This place could make a person go insane." he say again to Brianna. It's a statement of course. Whatever New York may have been like at one time, to Ecks this place is as alien as anything he has ever seen. But then again just the night before he had a dream of a large machine in which he was trapped with death looming over him. It left him with dread, but still nothing like this.

To Drake's query he replies, "Head towards the Statue of Liberty or where it was.Brianna thinks it likely this Mighty Lady. It might also be good to confer with the metal men. There might be pitfalls they can avoid." Ecks radios.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:36/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 23
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 30
Conditions: None.

Skills
Pilot: Motorcycles 1d100 = 95/82% (For obvious reasons)
Land Navigation 1d100 = 81/68% (To lead the team to the Mighty Lady)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 86/30% (Looking for problems)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 60/60% (Keeping and eye out for dangerous Flora/Fauna)
Field Armorer 1d100 = 86/70% (Still looking for some wheels for the crawlers)
General Repair & Maintenance 1d100 = 45/65% (Still looking for some wheels for the crawlers)
Astronomy & Navigation 1d100 = 32/55% (To lead the team to the Mighty Lady)


Ecks wrote:"Head towards the Statue of Liberty or where it was.Brianna thinks it likely this Mighty Lady. It might also be good to confer with the metal men. There might be pitfalls they can avoid." Ecks radios.


"Right on, Boss." Drake radios back to Ecks' call. Drake takes a look around at his surroundings before checking his compass and swiveling his bike towards the direction he thinks it's in. This is one creepy ass place. Such pain and suffering was wrought her in the wake of the Armageddon. All of this wreckage is the relics of the golden age of man. Drake thinks heavy-heartedly as he slowly makes his way through the ruble strewn canyons of Madhaven.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:03 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Ecks wrote:To Mick, Ecks radios. "Keep your eyes open Mick. Hard to say what we'll get into to. Same to you Victor. Sel how's everyone on your end?"


"I'm good here, and as far as I can tell Speakman is good as well. But it's Hiroki that I am worried about. He really seems out of it and I don't know if it's Madhaven in general or something that he saw out in the river. What worries me the most, though, is worrying about just how susceptible he is in this state to possession. I am considering securing him to the roof of Staci so he doesn't fall off every time we hit a bump, but also so you can keep some weapons trained on him just in case he gets possessed and goes berserk. On one hand I hate thinking like that because he's supposed to be a part of the team and all that, but on the other hand we've barely started the mission and are having to fight against the psychic weight, and we're fully conscious to do so. Unless Brianna has some way to look into his mind and determine what's going on, we have no clue what's going on with Hiro." Sel worriedly says over the radio. If Ecks agrees to strapping Hiroki to the roof of Staci, Sel will have Speakman take the controls while she hauls him to the roof, otherwise she will still have him take the controls while she swivels the seat around keep a wary eye on Hiro in case she has to try to restrain him or attack him.
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 46/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 7 (+5 for
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 18

Jogging and boosting along with Drake, Mink speaks up on the radio. "Sel's not wrong to worry about that. Though one 'nice' thing about Bri's issue, if we want to call it that, is that nothing sticks around when the big boom goes off. Well nothing but us. So while it's possible he could get messed with, I think it's just as likely they'll get driven away by strength of her psionic power. That's rare enough in this place. Of course it's also going to mean what does stick around is going to be nasty. If he doesn't snap out soon, we might want to look at getting him laying down and comfortable," she mentally finished with 'and unarmed.'

Tracking: People 55%/1d100 = 64 - Look for signs of people FAIL!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%/1d100 = 20 - Look for signs of monsters SUCCESS!
Intelligence 70%/1d100 = 3 - watch for signs of territory being marked, gang/tribal signs, etc CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Streetwise 30%/1d100 = 86 - watch for signs of territory being marked, gang/tribal signs, etc FAIL!

Active: See the Invisible (4), Mind Block Auto
Amplified Hearing
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:53 am

((rolls carried))

Somehow Ecks isn't surprised at Hiro's current state. In an odd way it brings a superstitious relief. Well that's something bad, but no horrible. I think it would be worse to keep going with some sort of fleeting peace, just waiting for something to happen. I'm sure this won't be the last thing but it's something. Like transporting a derelict vehicle. It's better to have gremlins you can see rather than waiting on the ones you don't.

He listens to Sel's and Mink's thoughts before responding. "Sel, see about disarming him. If you have any restraints, use them but keep him inside and relatively comfortable. Let me know if he comes to."

Turning back to Brianna he asks, "Do you have any way of detecting possession? I know I keep asking you this or that, but you are like a Swiss Army knife. It seems like you've always got a tool for the job." he adds with a laugh hoping to in some small way detract from the mind bombs.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:36/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: Jerseyside
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 0700 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

START SPREADING THE NEWS
Speakman acknowledges Sel's suggestions as he slowly maneuvers the vehicular Frankenstein over the bridge. "I can't believe we're actually going to Madhaven," he says to the techno-wizard without taking his eyes of the road. "I wish we knew what was wrong with him. No doubt this psychic pressure has something to do with it. It is near unbearable. You holding up alright?" he asks looking at Sel with sincere concern.

Morning Glory is the last over the bridge. There's a pause on the other side, Mick brings the Sled down to touch the ground. The metal morphs deboard the hovercraft, and gather with one leading the other vehicles across. The leader says, "Yoos on yer own fer a while. Head south, the Lady is tat way. We's gonna let everyone know about you. Be cawful, watch fer leopard men. Mebbe mantis men too. Someone'll help when yoos reach ell-ee-ess."

And with that the metal morphs disappear into the ruined and twisted landscape. There's no grace to the departure, but the speed at which they vanish is impressive.

AAPS is left standing in the middle of a wasteland. There is less green here than Jerseyside. There is also less order, there are valleys of junk and scrappy greenery, but not clear roads like they found before. It's a maze, LOS is limited. Thankfully they have the Sled. But those wheeling eagles overhead put a bit of fear into any ideas of thorough aerial recon. There is a more or less south facing valley that runs for about two miles close by. There are several others to choose from as well, shorter but easier for the vehicles to pass. Without scouting, it's impossible to tell if they are dead ends or just another twist in this hellish maze.

Everyone hears the magnitude of the weeping and pleading voices increase. Specters at the edges of vision tease perceptions, making everyone just a little more jumpy. The random tumble of rubble or screech of twisting metal also adds to the tension. Things could be moving out of site anywhere.

Then something moves right in front of them.

A man in a Gladiator suit crawls out from a concealed bunker. He raises his hands up, an NG particle beam rifle held casually thanks to the augmented strength.

"You human?" he asks taking only a few steps forward. "We're trying to get home, but we're low on supplies." He nods his head to one of the taller structures nearby. "But don't try and hit us, there's a rocket trained on your friend on the bike right now. We just want to talk."

I WANT TO BE A PART OF IT
Shane continues to make his way up the road. Scary forest on one side, nice looking happy forest on the other. It's easy to stay in cover and make decent time, but unless he sprints, he's never going to catch up to the main group. Going slow does have advantages though, he is able to keep a good eye out for danger. His gut, even with his psychic senses dampened, tells him this place is crazy dangerous.

Oh, of course it's dangerous. So that guy that stumbles out of the woods, is he dangerous. As Shane watches, he rights himself and what he briefly saw as a wounded, person, isn't. Maybe Shane's first impression was wrong. There are so many strange things here. Which is the more sensical explanation? That this man healed magically, instantly, right in front of Shane's eyes, or did Shane just misread the situation, the psychic disturbance all around causing a minor hallucination?

Either way, the man stands still for a moment. He wipes his nose with. He's wearing Bushman armor, but it's clearly damaged. He is no longer wearing a helmet. There's a gun belt, but he's not holding a gun. He's festooned with pouches and clips for gear, the mark of a serious adventurer. He coughs a couple times. He bends over putting his hands on his knees and breaths deeply a couple times. Then he stands up, wipes his nose again, and looks around. He spots Shane and his face breaks into a grin. He waves.

"Hey! Some monsters got my team, did you see anything? We got separated. I heard gunfire. That's where I'm going," he quick-marches down the road then stops. He turns back to Shane and says, "There are monsters here man, you don't want to be alone. Especially if you're human. They hate humans." He pauses for a moment, waiting and then starts back on the road - going the direction Shane wants to go. Every now and then Shane can here the guy cough.

What are you doing?

If you have to ask, you'll never know
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3 (+4 when dealing with magic, machines, and their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 65

Sel listens to Speakman talk about the psychic weight of Madhaven which made her think of her first reaction earlier that morning. She had wanted to try and resist the psychic assault without needing to use Mind Block as that would have drained her psychic energy quicker than she could have replenished given the limited duration of the power, but she soon found that task to be impossible as she had trouble driving strait. She quickly realized that she wound up activating her power what seemed like hours ago, but must have only been about 40 minutes ago. That's when it hits her, she'd never been able to use Mind Block for more than 20 minutes at a time before today. Sel grabs a notebook and pencil she keeps nearby and jots down the date and time of her most recent use of Mind Block. As she does this, she talks to Speakman saying "I'm good actually. At first it was really bad but after I activated Mind Block, the distractions from the voices and visions stopped. I still see and hear them, but they don't bother me. There is one odd thing, however. The longest I have ever had Mind Block active for at one time has been 20 minutes before I have to reactivate, however I activated Mind Block 40 minutes ago. From all other accounts that I have heard regarding Mind Block is that people are normally only able to make it last longer by ten minutes at a time. I'll have to talk to Bri when we stop and see what she thinks."

If anyone mentions about arial scouting, Sel mentions that she could build a small drone with a video feed to fly around ahead of them.

(Just let me know what rolls would be needed, I already have the parts.)
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 46/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:28 am

Perception: 1d20+11
JIC: 1d20/1d100

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 82/98%

After the mysterious Mindwarp mentions the leopard men, Ecks radios the team in affirmation. "I'm sure everyone heard that about potential hostiles, so be aware.

The metal men and Nim begin to depart so Ecks pops out of Morning Glory long enough to bid them farewell for now. As they mention letting others know about AAPS, he wonders if that's a good or bad thing. Either way, he just wants to get to this mighty lady and get Brianna cured. The birds overhead are unsettling large, but they are rational things. Big yes, but real. The movement out of the corner of his screen, menacing shadows and phantoms at the edge of sight augment the evil emanating from the city.

The canyons of overgrown wreckage are beautiful in a way. Old, possibly hiding forgotten machines. The entities though make him not want to even leave the mobile hunter.

When the person in gladiator armor steps out and halts them, Ecks turns to Brianna. "I'm going to go talk to them." He again pops out of the hatch on Morning Glory. "Yeah, we're human." Well there's Sel, but I'm not going to twist that up in this conversation. Are you stranded? What do you need? We might be able to lend aid. Well, seeing if you don't blow up our man on the bike and we don't have to turn you into kibbles and bits." he says poised out of the open hatch, looking down at the stranger.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:36/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 9
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 20
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 55
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 13

Skill: Radio Basic | Target: 79% | 1d100 = 73 - Pass

Shane sneaks along in his best approximation of Batman, though without any mentions of 'I am the night' or 'I'm Batman' , his Shane-senses are already telling him this place is insanely dangerous. That's why he's expecting someone to come tumbling out.

He's expecting it but not expecting it. He isn't surprised that someone is now there, but he is surprised and irritated that he was actually correct about it. This sort of thing is proof that the universe is cosmically against him.

He skids to a halt without any signs of juicer agility and transmits loudly and clearly:

"Oh for FUCKS SAKE."

If Shane is a hallucination, he's a damn good one. That you've-got-to-be-shitting-me tone of voice is 100% Shane. Right spot on.

"Morning Glory, do you copy? Can you advise me anything about what the hell kind of place this is? I flew here in a god damn missile, since then I've had talking worms, pissed off cat men, now I have some ass hole who appeared out of nowhere looking beat to hell then all of a sudden was fine asking me for help and saying he's lost his unit. Hasn't a single gun on him and looks perfectly cheerful This can't be real. Is this New York? I read something once that New York was like this. The only thing that could make my day any more weird is to find out this actually is New York City."

On to the matter at hand though. Shane grows serious really quickly, that little breach in paying attention lasted a few seconds in the real world but to a juicer that might as well have been an hour. He wants to be friendly, but he's just too overwhelmed by how bloody strange this has been so far and he most likely comes across as impatient to say the least. So he takes a second to gather himself, checking the area at the same time. Wouldn't do for there to be five more guys he didn't see.

Skill: Detect Ambush | Target: 74% | 1d100 = 5 - Success

"I'm not at my most friendly right now."

That sounds a bit more like Shane, or maybe batman, but it's a cold growl nonetheless and it might be one of the biggest understatements ever. Shane is paranoid of this new person, he's paranoid of everyone anyway, but nerves being on edge and the constant coughing is causing him to put increasing distance between them. He isn't worried about getting sick, but how the hell is he supposed to sneak with a germ factory chasing him?

I haven't been sick since...

....no. Not going there.

"I'm sorry." Shane's refusal to let his mind wander to his past means that he has to focus on the present. "I'm not great with people the best of times and this place is getting on my nerves." He's doing his best to come across as not being grumpy. "Tell me a little about where you came from? What happened that you were separated? I've.... you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I can't tell what's real and what isn't here."

Paranoia is the rule of the day and Shane carefully listens to the replies, looking for anything that doesn't sound right.

"Why don't you have a firearm? I'd be pretty edgy to not have one."

Ability: Trust/Intimidate | Target: 40% | 1d100 = 100 - Hardcore Fail
Skill: ID Undercover Agent | Target: 74% | 1d100 = 96 - Fail
Skill: Intelligence | Target: 66% | 1d100 = 98 - Fail

Autododges as necessary:
1d20+11 = 23,1d20+11 = 19,1d20+11 = 29,1d20+11 = 22,1d20+11 = 21,1d20+11 = 17,1d20+11 = 15,1d20+11 = 15,1d20+11 = 23,1d20+11 = 24,1d20+11 = 30,1d20+11 = 29,1d20+11 = 21,1d20+11 = 20,1d20+11 = 29


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 am

((rolls carried))

"Morning Glory, do you copy? Can you advise me anything about what the hell kind of place this is? I flew here in a god damn missile, since then I've had talking worms, pissed off cat men, now I have some ass hole who appeared out of nowhere looking beat to hell then all of a sudden was fine asking me for help and saying he's lost his unit. Hasn't a single gun on him and looks perfectly cheerful This can't be real. Is this New York? I read something once that New York was like this. The only thing that could make my day any more weird is to find out this actually is New York City."


Ecks frowns at the news that there is another missing person. Pausing in the conversation with their own stranger, he asks Mindwarp,

"Does your friend have a name?" Whatever else, that sounds like Shane freaking out. Let's hope it is.

Looking at the stranger before them, he asks, "So, you gotta name buddy?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:36/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 97
Conditions: None.

Drake sighs when Ecks' radios him about hostiles. "I've been in the back country and had to deal with dangerous situations, but never one every few feet." Drake says with a bit of frustration before stopping his bike and kicking out the stand. "What do they want? Also What are we going to do?" Drake asks with the same layer of frustration the situation has instilled in him. Once Drake's bike is parked , he gets off of it and turns to face the rest of the team.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am

(Rolls Carried)

Upon hearing that there could be possible hostiles, Sel activates Staci's Thermographic Camera searching for where they could be hidng. (Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 68/52%).

If she can spot their locations, she transmits the data to Morning Glory saying on the team's encrypted channel "Hey Boss, here's some info I think you need to take a look at."
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 46/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 23
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45%/1d100 = 41 PASS!
Intelligence 70%/1d100 = 66: Judging by his gear, does he look like a shuckster, survivor or a clever bandit. PASS!
Streetwise 30%/1d100 = 92: Is this a shakedown? FAIL!
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 60%/1d100 = 88: Any new or interesting threats that I might notice? FAIL!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 85%/1d100 = 33: Any new or interesting threats that I might notice? PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%/1d100 = 99: Any new or interesting threats that I might notice? CRIT FAIL!
Sensory Equipment 45%/1d100 = 20: Using Thermals and hearing to search for any hidden allies PASS!

Maniacal Laugh wrote:The leader says, "Yoos on yer own fer a while. Head south, the Lady is tat way. We's gonna let everyone know about you. Be cawful, watch fer leopard men. Mebbe mantis men too. Someone'll help when yoos reach ell-ee-ess."
"What's it look like when we're getting close? And are there any signs some of the more aggressive use that we can recognize to avoid their territory?"

Shane wrote:"Morning Glory, do you copy? Can you advise me anything about what the hell kind of place this is? I flew here in a god damn missile, since then I've had talking worms, pissed off cat men, now I have some ass hole who appeared out of nowhere looking beat to hell then all of a sudden was fine asking me for help and saying he's lost his unit. Hasn't a single gun on him and looks perfectly cheerful This can't be real. Is this New York? I read something once that New York was like this. The only thing that could make my day any more weird is to find out this actually is New York City."
Ecks wrote:"I'm sure everyone heard that about potential hostiles, so be aware.
Drake wrote:Drake sighs when Ecks' radios him about hostiles. "I've been in the back country and had to deal with dangerous situations, but never one every few feet."

"Those cat men he mentioned sound like the leopard men our friends mentioned. We should probably meet up with this guy, if nothing else so we can get him on a secured channel. It sounds like you guys' juicer. If it's not we need to shut him up from transmitting in the clear like that."

Maniacal Laugh wrote:A man in a Gladiator suit crawls out from a concealed bunker. He raises his hands up, an NG particle beam rifle held casually thanks to the augmented strength.
"You human?" he asks taking only a few steps forward. "We're trying to get home, but we're low on supplies." He nods his head to one of the taller structures nearby. "But don't try and hit us, there's a rocket trained on your friend on the bike right now. We just want to talk."
Ecks wrote:When the person in gladiator armor steps out and halts them, Ecks turns to Brianna. "I'm going to go talk to them." He again pops out of the hatch on Morning Glory. "Yeah, we're human." Well there's Sel, but I'm not going to twist that up in this conversation. Are you stranded? What do you need? We might be able to lend aid. Well, seeing if you don't blow up our man on the bike and we don't have to turn you into kibbles and bits." he says poised out of the open hatch, looking down at the stranger.


Mink slides back her helmet revealing her very human face. She then slides it back closed. "How can we help? You got something to trade? Doesn't have to be physical. Information is valuable too, if it's relevant."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 41

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 33 (40%)

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 84/170 (x10)

Brianna is extremely nervous about taking over controls of Morning Glory and worries she might actually crash into a tree. She flinches a little bit at Mink’s comment about her mind storms, but doesn’t say anything as she focuses on what she’s doing. Responding to Ecks’s comment about there possibly being more excitement, she says ”I don’t know how much more excitement I can take." She nods at his statement and says ”I don’t like it here. Being a psychic is especially bad.”

Turning back to Brianna he asks, "Do you have any way of detecting possession? I know I keep asking you this or that, but you are like a Swiss Army knife. It seems like you've always got a tool for the job." he adds with a laugh hoping to in some small way detract from the mind bombs.


It’s clear that Ecks’s question had some success as some of the stress seems to lift from Brianna’s face as she contemplates the question with a thoughtful look. After a moment, Brianna shakes her head as she replies, ”I don’t think I can do that. At least, I’ve never tried.” The corner of her mouth briefly lifts in weak attempt at a smile at the comment about her being like a Swiss Army knife. ”I try.”

When the person in gladiator armor steps out and halts them, Ecks turns to Brianna. "I'm going to go talk to them."


Brianna nods at Ecks, forcing a smile. "Ok. If you need back-up, let me know." As Ecks leaves Morning Glory, Brianna continues to watch the sensors for any signs of additional hostiles headed toward the group.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm

< - Rolls Carried - >

Shane stares kind of quietly for a moment.

"Look, it's been a long day." He says, quietly.

"This place is completely fucked. You got a name? I've some friends that are asking."

This place being fucked doesn't even begin to explain the half of it.

Probably the understatement of the week.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: Jerseyside
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 0700 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

I WAS FEELING SICK, LOSING MY MIND
Answering Mink, Nim says, "The mutants don't do stuff like us, but if you stay more or less due south, you should avoid the worst of the Leopard and Mantis men territories. It's hard, but just don't shoot first. It's counterintuitive, but that's actually a good rule for here. And you'll see the lady and know you're there. I've never been allowed on the island, but some of you might."

Hiroki is equally silent. A call goes out on the team channel from Mick in the Sled, Hey Ecks, can you spare a man for his other door gun. This place has me a bit on edge. I don't like it. How about the new guy?" Hiroki nods and says, "Hai, wakata" and grabs his stuff and takes up the position opposite Victor in the Sled.

Sel puts together a mental list of her material and parts in stock. She knows she has enough for her drones, but now that she's thinking about it, the first drone would probably take two hours to build. She could build the rest in about an hour after that, if the tools turn out to be reusable.

Speakman turns to Sel and his eyes focus intently on her. He says, "Fascinating, do thing the psychic energy in this place may be enhancing your abilities? I can't imagine staying here longer than a couple days, I hope we finish this up soon. I feel like each second part of my sanity is eroding." He looks ready to keep talking some more but pulls himself back to his watch position, "I suppose it is best we stay vigilant." It is a comment clearly meant for himself.

"Oh thank god," Gladius guy says. He removes his helmet revealing a fairly average look face, skin colored similar to Hiroki. However, his face is covered in sweat and his eyes are red. He looks sick. Or at least he's been in his armor for a very long time. "We could really use some food and basic meds, for wounds and cuts and maybe some pure water." Then he doubles over for a moment with a coughing fit. Recovering he smiles wanly at Ecks, "Been a rough couple of days. Those mutants attacked us, weird twisted monsters. It's been downhill since then." He holds his weapon up, "Meatbags can't stand up to a plasma blast though. Shoot 'em on sight now."

Putting his weapon down into a more neutral position he answers Ecks, "I'm Sven, the XO of our little band. Our Chief didn't make it across the bridge there." His nose is running, but with the armor on he can't wipe it. It's glistens.

He watches Mink's quick reveal and cover with her helmet and laughs. "I know you haven't been here long! Hahaha, a couple days in stifling armor with all this craziness, taking it off is a treat despite the risks."

Of course that's when he sneezes. A litany of curses follows as he takes off a gauntlet to get to a rag in his belt and wipe his face.

"Whew, sorry, this place. Allergies, like you wouldn't believe." he pauses taking a couple clear breathes. "Trade, yeah," he nods to Mink, "Like you said, we have some intel about this place that could be helpful. I won't even ask why you're here."

Bringing his bike to a halt Drake takes in the surroundings in detail. Knowing what to look for he can pick out the rocket team on a building/garbage heap a 1000 feet away. They have an advantage over Drake for sure, but with Morning Glory, their death is assured if they take him out. There are so many signs of danger here. It seems like having a chat is more out of place than instant death at the hands of something unimaginable. The deep shadows seem to have voices, voices that cry to Drake with words pulled from his deepest fears and sadnesses. It's hard to find anything beyond the suffering in the surrounding details, but Drake forces himself to focus. The closest clear path looks easy to travel, and there is a turn at the end of it, a half mile down. It looks promising, except, looking closer, Drake can see piles of vehicles piled up at the intersection. There does look to be a couple tires that would work for the Cargonaut monstrosity.

Sel can't get any more out of the thermal cameras that visual light doesn't show. She is however, not convinced that it was a correct read and a second scan might be in order. Bri on the other hand has better luck. She can spot the rocket team ahead, but also several other heat sources moving around underground, but they look like animals. There might be another humanoid about 100 feet behind Sven.


HEARD ABOUT THESE TREATMENTS BY A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE
Starting with the last question first, the sick man answers Shane about his weapons. "I was caught napping, then caught in an explosion. Sucks to be me," he says with a dejected shrug. "I was here with a five man team. I won't tell you our business, we're pros right?" At this point he's taken about five steps towards Shane, but it's completely non threatening, just making conversation easier. However, Shane is completely buying everything this guy is selling. There's no threat as far as Shane can tell. "My team is probably over a bridge a ways up. That's where we were attacked. I got stuck on this side, they probably made it across."[b] He coughs again, but this time it seems better, more of just a regular cold cough and not a convulsion. If Shane was bare-skinned or open-faced, he would feel the droplets of mucus and saliva as the man sneezes with gusto. As it is, the front of his armor has enough goo on it to be seen. [b]"Fuck, I had allergies, but it's bad now." He holds out a hand, "Names Lieutenant Daniels."

What are you doing?

It's the RAMONES MOTHERFUCKERS - Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 55
Conditions: None.

Drake sighs, its a mixed emotional response. Drake is happy he has found a suitable replacement for the cargonaut's tire, but sadness that he may have to bring violence to more people. "May have found a replacement tire for the Cargonaut. Not going after it till we figure this mess out though." Drake radios the group channel. Drake holding a hand cupped as if to shield his eyes, he looks directly at the rocket team and tries to mentally tell them what a bad idea they have. "So what do they want, and are we going to give it?"
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 18
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 10
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 35
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 15

"Give me a moment, I am...."

Shane is so completely caught off guard by getting droplet-upon'd that he stands there, frozen in time, completely unable to move.

Because of this, his radio does not shut off; broadcasting several seconds of conversation ... once he can speak again. This means that even though he doesn't speak, the other man saying:
Fuck, I had allergies, but it's bad now. Names Lieutenant Daniels."


Operating completely on autopilot, he shakes hands and still can't talk.

It's not that he's disgusted.... okay, he's disgusted. Disgusted as all hell.

"The... hell are you sick with?" Shane asks him, finally, and gets his radio clicked off and is not transmitting anymore.

He will probably have more to say once he hears some radio back and things catch up.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10 (+4 when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 46

"Hey boss, I can get a drone up and flying in a matter of a couple of hours, if you'd like? It would allow us to scout smaller areas without having to expose ourselves to potential danger. While an argument could be made that it also alerts potential dangers of our presence, I would have to say that's a pretty moot point. They wouldn't fly very high, but at least high enough to clear most of the buildings. We would also have to fly it back to us before the batteries run out of a charge. Also it would be made from standard density strength materials rather than military density materials, so while it should survive some bumping into walls and other obstructions, most creatures would have no trouble destroying it. Even still better it than us, am I right? Sel says on the radio to Ecks. If given permission by him, she'll immediately start putting it together, cursing once when she dropped a screw into the electric motor housing for one of the eight motors, and once again when started putting the electrical components in place and accidentally inverted the power going to one of the other eight motors. When it's all said and done three hours later, Sel apologizes for it taking a little bit longer than expected.

"Let's give Toby a proper test run, shall we?" Sel says, her voice thick with confidence. (Using Telemechanics -10
ISP gives me a skill level of 80% to use the item, or fly it in this case. 1d100 = 93/80%) Sel practically shrieks in horror as she immediately crashes Toby (assuming all of her Electrical Engineering rolls were good enough to let it take off in the first place). She rushes over to inspect it to make sure it didn't suffer any major damage. If it seems alright, she meekly asks "Would anyone else like to see if they are better at piloting Toby than me?"

Whether or not Ecks gives his ok on the project, Sel will eventually say "I never named you! Oh my goodness! Well let's see here, you are a Chipwell brand product, so I will name you Chip!"

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=387&t=6833

(OOC: I can only get the basic link to the thread from my smart phone. The rolls for my building of the drone are at bottom, beneath another post by me about learning a spell.)
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 46/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 36

1d10 = 4

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 63 (40%)

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 84/170 (x10)

Brianna frowns as she studies the sensors. 'What in the hell is that?' she wonders to herself. 'Are those animals? Doing her best to determine how many there are and what size they are before she bothers the rest of the team. When there's a break in the conversation, she radios the team and tells them, "I can see the rocket team. Not only that, but I'm seeing several other heat sources moving around underground. I'm not positive but I think they're animals. I'm trying to determine how many there are and how big they are."

Spotting the other humanoid, a look of concern comes over Brianna's face. Radioing Sven, Brianna warns him, "Hey, Sven, it's Brianna. I'm detecting another humanoid about 100 feet behind you. Be careful. I'm not sure if they're friendly but, given this place, it's better to be safe than sorry."
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron