NEW YORK DOLLS

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 am

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 7
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 14
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 100
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 21

It doesn't take long for it to be over and Shane lets the two survivors go, instead bolting in another direction and trying to get himself under cover again. If he's successful he heads a beeline towards where he heard the sounds of combat from.

Skill: Prowl | Target: 88% -5% from Armor, so 83% | 1d100 = 86 | - Fail
Skill: Radio Basic | Target: 79% | 1d100 = 90 - Fail

"Morning Glory, this is Mindwarp. Just came under attack. If you see some spotted assholes that kind of look like animals be advised are faster than power armor. Killed one, two retreated. Would have just bought it if I was a norm. "

There isn't anything to do but try and stay out of sight, keep an eye out for trouble and try to rendezvous with AAPS and he's pretty sure that rail gun is Morning Glory's...

So at best possible speed and hopefully keeping to cover, that's where Shane goes, adding over the radio:

"Morning Glory, Mindwarp. Confirm rail gun fire on your part please. Hunting you by sound."

Skill: Detect Ambush | Target: 74 | 1d100 = 69 - Success
Skill: Detect Concealment | Target: 69% | 1d100 = 38 - Success

Autododges as necessary:
1d20+11 = 14, 1d20+11 = 24, 1d20+11 = 15, 1d20+11 = 31, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 25, 1d20+11 = 29, 1d20+11 = 18, 1d20+11 = 20, 1d20+11 = 16
Last edited by Shane on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d20+11 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 83

Sensory Equipment: 1d100/98%

Hearing Shane's radio transmission, Ecks replies "Confirm rail gun bursts. Expedite your travel. We have crossed the bridge."

To Mick, Ecks radios. "Keep your eyes open Mick. Hard to say what we'll get into to. Same to you Victor. Sel how's everyone on your end?"

Ecks aids Brianna at the controls as they pick their way across the bridge. Once across He stays attentive to the monitors. "I wonder if this is going to be even more exciting than the other side. I guess we have to wait and see. he says to Brianna next to him.

Entering Madhaven proper presses down upon him. How can anyone or anything live here like this? No wonder those metal men are crazy. he thinks to himself. He has never been any place that has felt so malicious. "This place could make a person go insane." he say again to Brianna. It's a statement of course. Whatever New York may have been like at one time, to Ecks this place is as alien as anything he has ever seen. But then again just the night before he had a dream of a large machine in which he was trapped with death looming over him. It left him with dread, but still nothing like this.

To Drake's query he replies, "Head towards the Statue of Liberty or where it was.Brianna thinks it likely this Mighty Lady. It might also be good to confer with the metal men. There might be pitfalls they can avoid." Ecks radios.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 23
Just in Case: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 30
Conditions: None.

Skills
Pilot: Motorcycles 1d100 = 95/82% (For obvious reasons)
Land Navigation 1d100 = 81/68% (To lead the team to the Mighty Lady)
Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 86/30% (Looking for problems)
Wilderness Survival 1d100 = 60/60% (Keeping and eye out for dangerous Flora/Fauna)
Field Armorer 1d100 = 86/70% (Still looking for some wheels for the crawlers)
General Repair & Maintenance 1d100 = 45/65% (Still looking for some wheels for the crawlers)
Astronomy & Navigation 1d100 = 32/55% (To lead the team to the Mighty Lady)


Ecks wrote:"Head towards the Statue of Liberty or where it was.Brianna thinks it likely this Mighty Lady. It might also be good to confer with the metal men. There might be pitfalls they can avoid." Ecks radios.


"Right on, Boss." Drake radios back to Ecks' call. Drake takes a look around at his surroundings before checking his compass and swiveling his bike towards the direction he thinks it's in. This is one creepy ass place. Such pain and suffering was wrought her in the wake of the Armageddon. All of this wreckage is the relics of the golden age of man. Drake thinks heavy-heartedly as he slowly makes his way through the ruble strewn canyons of Madhaven.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:03 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Ecks wrote:To Mick, Ecks radios. "Keep your eyes open Mick. Hard to say what we'll get into to. Same to you Victor. Sel how's everyone on your end?"


"I'm good here, and as far as I can tell Speakman is good as well. But it's Hiroki that I am worried about. He really seems out of it and I don't know if it's Madhaven in general or something that he saw out in the river. What worries me the most, though, is worrying about just how susceptible he is in this state to possession. I am considering securing him to the roof of Staci so he doesn't fall off every time we hit a bump, but also so you can keep some weapons trained on him just in case he gets possessed and goes berserk. On one hand I hate thinking like that because he's supposed to be a part of the team and all that, but on the other hand we've barely started the mission and are having to fight against the psychic weight, and we're fully conscious to do so. Unless Brianna has some way to look into his mind and determine what's going on, we have no clue what's going on with Hiro." Sel worriedly says over the radio. If Ecks agrees to strapping Hiroki to the roof of Staci, Sel will have Speakman take the controls while she hauls him to the roof, otherwise she will still have him take the controls while she swivels the seat around keep a wary eye on Hiro in case she has to try to restrain him or attack him.
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 36/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 7 (+5 for
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 18

Jogging and boosting along with Drake, Mink speaks up on the radio. "Sel's not wrong to worry about that. Though one 'nice' thing about Bri's issue, if we want to call it that, is that nothing sticks around when the big boom goes off. Well nothing but us. So while it's possible he could get messed with, I think it's just as likely they'll get driven away by strength of her psionic power. That's rare enough in this place. Of course it's also going to mean what does stick around is going to be nasty. If he doesn't snap out soon, we might want to look at getting him laying down and comfortable," she mentally finished with 'and unarmed.'

Tracking: People 55%/1d100 = 64 - Look for signs of people FAIL!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%/1d100 = 20 - Look for signs of monsters SUCCESS!
Intelligence 70%/1d100 = 3 - watch for signs of territory being marked, gang/tribal signs, etc CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Streetwise 30%/1d100 = 86 - watch for signs of territory being marked, gang/tribal signs, etc FAIL!

Active: See the Invisible (4), Mind Block Auto
Amplified Hearing
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:53 am

((rolls carried))

Somehow Ecks isn't surprised at Hiro's current state. In an odd way it brings a superstitious relief. Well that's something bad, but no horrible. I think it would be worse to keep going with some sort of fleeting peace, just waiting for something to happen. I'm sure this won't be the last thing but it's something. Like transporting a derelict vehicle. It's better to have gremlins you can see rather than waiting on the ones you don't.

He listens to Sel's and Mink's thoughts before responding. "Sel, see about disarming him. If you have any restraints, use them but keep him inside and relatively comfortable. Let me know if he comes to."

Turning back to Brianna he asks, "Do you have any way of detecting possession? I know I keep asking you this or that, but you are like a Swiss Army knife. It seems like you've always got a tool for the job." he adds with a laugh hoping to in some small way detract from the mind bombs.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: Jerseyside
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 0700 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

START SPREADING THE NEWS
Speakman acknowledges Sel's suggestions as he slowly maneuvers the vehicular Frankenstein over the bridge. "I can't believe we're actually going to Madhaven," he says to the techno-wizard without taking his eyes of the road. "I wish we knew what was wrong with him. No doubt this psychic pressure has something to do with it. It is near unbearable. You holding up alright?" he asks looking at Sel with sincere concern.

Morning Glory is the last over the bridge. There's a pause on the other side, Mick brings the Sled down to touch the ground. The metal morphs deboard the hovercraft, and gather with one leading the other vehicles across. The leader says, "Yoos on yer own fer a while. Head south, the Lady is tat way. We's gonna let everyone know about you. Be cawful, watch fer leopard men. Mebbe mantis men too. Someone'll help when yoos reach ell-ee-ess."

And with that the metal morphs disappear into the ruined and twisted landscape. There's no grace to the departure, but the speed at which they vanish is impressive.

AAPS is left standing in the middle of a wasteland. There is less green here than Jerseyside. There is also less order, there are valleys of junk and scrappy greenery, but not clear roads like they found before. It's a maze, LOS is limited. Thankfully they have the Sled. But those wheeling eagles overhead put a bit of fear into any ideas of thorough aerial recon. There is a more or less south facing valley that runs for about two miles close by. There are several others to choose from as well, shorter but easier for the vehicles to pass. Without scouting, it's impossible to tell if they are dead ends or just another twist in this hellish maze.

Everyone hears the magnitude of the weeping and pleading voices increase. Specters at the edges of vision tease perceptions, making everyone just a little more jumpy. The random tumble of rubble or screech of twisting metal also adds to the tension. Things could be moving out of site anywhere.

Then something moves right in front of them.

A man in a Gladiator suit crawls out from a concealed bunker. He raises his hands up, an NG particle beam rifle held casually thanks to the augmented strength.

"You human?" he asks taking only a few steps forward. "We're trying to get home, but we're low on supplies." He nods his head to one of the taller structures nearby. "But don't try and hit us, there's a rocket trained on your friend on the bike right now. We just want to talk."

I WANT TO BE A PART OF IT
Shane continues to make his way up the road. Scary forest on one side, nice looking happy forest on the other. It's easy to stay in cover and make decent time, but unless he sprints, he's never going to catch up to the main group. Going slow does have advantages though, he is able to keep a good eye out for danger. His gut, even with his psychic senses dampened, tells him this place is crazy dangerous.

Oh, of course it's dangerous. So that guy that stumbles out of the woods, is he dangerous. As Shane watches, he rights himself and what he briefly saw as a wounded, person, isn't. Maybe Shane's first impression was wrong. There are so many strange things here. Which is the more sensical explanation? That this man healed magically, instantly, right in front of Shane's eyes, or did Shane just misread the situation, the psychic disturbance all around causing a minor hallucination?

Either way, the man stands still for a moment. He wipes his nose with. He's wearing Bushman armor, but it's clearly damaged. He is no longer wearing a helmet. There's a gun belt, but he's not holding a gun. He's festooned with pouches and clips for gear, the mark of a serious adventurer. He coughs a couple times. He bends over putting his hands on his knees and breaths deeply a couple times. Then he stands up, wipes his nose again, and looks around. He spots Shane and his face breaks into a grin. He waves.

"Hey! Some monsters got my team, did you see anything? We got separated. I heard gunfire. That's where I'm going," he quick-marches down the road then stops. He turns back to Shane and says, "There are monsters here man, you don't want to be alone. Especially if you're human. They hate humans." He pauses for a moment, waiting and then starts back on the road - going the direction Shane wants to go. Every now and then Shane can here the guy cough.

What are you doing?

If you have to ask, you'll never know
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 3 (+4 when dealing with magic, machines, and their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 65

Sel listens to Speakman talk about the psychic weight of Madhaven which made her think of her first reaction earlier that morning. She had wanted to try and resist the psychic assault without needing to use Mind Block as that would have drained her psychic energy quicker than she could have replenished given the limited duration of the power, but she soon found that task to be impossible as she had trouble driving strait. She quickly realized that she wound up activating her power what seemed like hours ago, but must have only been about 40 minutes ago. That's when it hits her, she'd never been able to use Mind Block for more than 20 minutes at a time before today. Sel grabs a notebook and pencil she keeps nearby and jots down the date and time of her most recent use of Mind Block. As she does this, she talks to Speakman saying "I'm good actually. At first it was really bad but after I activated Mind Block, the distractions from the voices and visions stopped. I still see and hear them, but they don't bother me. There is one odd thing, however. The longest I have ever had Mind Block active for at one time has been 20 minutes before I have to reactivate, however I activated Mind Block 40 minutes ago. From all other accounts that I have heard regarding Mind Block is that people are normally only able to make it last longer by ten minutes at a time. I'll have to talk to Bri when we stop and see what she thinks."

If anyone mentions about arial scouting, Sel mentions that she could build a small drone with a video feed to fly around ahead of them.

(Just let me know what rolls would be needed, I already have the parts.)
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 36/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:28 am

Perception: 1d20+11
JIC: 1d20/1d100

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 82/98%

After the mysterious Mindwarp mentions the leopard men, Ecks radios the team in affirmation. "I'm sure everyone heard that about potential hostiles, so be aware.

The metal men and Nim begin to depart so Ecks pops out of Morning Glory long enough to bid them farewell for now. As they mention letting others know about AAPS, he wonders if that's a good or bad thing. Either way, he just wants to get to this mighty lady and get Brianna cured. The birds overhead are unsettling large, but they are rational things. Big yes, but real. The movement out of the corner of his screen, menacing shadows and phantoms at the edge of sight augment the evil emanating from the city.

The canyons of overgrown wreckage are beautiful in a way. Old, possibly hiding forgotten machines. The entities though make him not want to even leave the mobile hunter.

When the person in gladiator armor steps out and halts them, Ecks turns to Brianna. "I'm going to go talk to them." He again pops out of the hatch on Morning Glory. "Yeah, we're human." Well there's Sel, but I'm not going to twist that up in this conversation. Are you stranded? What do you need? We might be able to lend aid. Well, seeing if you don't blow up our man on the bike and we don't have to turn you into kibbles and bits." he says poised out of the open hatch, looking down at the stranger.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 9
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 20
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 55
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 13

Skill: Radio Basic | Target: 79% | 1d100 = 73 - Pass

Shane sneaks along in his best approximation of Batman, though without any mentions of 'I am the night' or 'I'm Batman' , his Shane-senses are already telling him this place is insanely dangerous. That's why he's expecting someone to come tumbling out.

He's expecting it but not expecting it. He isn't surprised that someone is now there, but he is surprised and irritated that he was actually correct about it. This sort of thing is proof that the universe is cosmically against him.

He skids to a halt without any signs of juicer agility and transmits loudly and clearly:

"Oh for FUCKS SAKE."

If Shane is a hallucination, he's a damn good one. That you've-got-to-be-shitting-me tone of voice is 100% Shane. Right spot on.

"Morning Glory, do you copy? Can you advise me anything about what the hell kind of place this is? I flew here in a god damn missile, since then I've had talking worms, pissed off cat men, now I have some ass hole who appeared out of nowhere looking beat to hell then all of a sudden was fine asking me for help and saying he's lost his unit. Hasn't a single gun on him and looks perfectly cheerful This can't be real. Is this New York? I read something once that New York was like this. The only thing that could make my day any more weird is to find out this actually is New York City."

On to the matter at hand though. Shane grows serious really quickly, that little breach in paying attention lasted a few seconds in the real world but to a juicer that might as well have been an hour. He wants to be friendly, but he's just too overwhelmed by how bloody strange this has been so far and he most likely comes across as impatient to say the least. So he takes a second to gather himself, checking the area at the same time. Wouldn't do for there to be five more guys he didn't see.

Skill: Detect Ambush | Target: 74% | 1d100 = 5 - Success

"I'm not at my most friendly right now."

That sounds a bit more like Shane, or maybe batman, but it's a cold growl nonetheless and it might be one of the biggest understatements ever. Shane is paranoid of this new person, he's paranoid of everyone anyway, but nerves being on edge and the constant coughing is causing him to put increasing distance between them. He isn't worried about getting sick, but how the hell is he supposed to sneak with a germ factory chasing him?

I haven't been sick since...

....no. Not going there.

"I'm sorry." Shane's refusal to let his mind wander to his past means that he has to focus on the present. "I'm not great with people the best of times and this place is getting on my nerves." He's doing his best to come across as not being grumpy. "Tell me a little about where you came from? What happened that you were separated? I've.... you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I can't tell what's real and what isn't here."

Paranoia is the rule of the day and Shane carefully listens to the replies, looking for anything that doesn't sound right.

"Why don't you have a firearm? I'd be pretty edgy to not have one."

Ability: Trust/Intimidate | Target: 40% | 1d100 = 100 - Hardcore Fail
Skill: ID Undercover Agent | Target: 74% | 1d100 = 96 - Fail
Skill: Intelligence | Target: 66% | 1d100 = 98 - Fail

Autododges as necessary:
1d20+11 = 23,1d20+11 = 19,1d20+11 = 29,1d20+11 = 22,1d20+11 = 21,1d20+11 = 17,1d20+11 = 15,1d20+11 = 15,1d20+11 = 23,1d20+11 = 24,1d20+11 = 30,1d20+11 = 29,1d20+11 = 21,1d20+11 = 20,1d20+11 = 29


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 am

((rolls carried))

"Morning Glory, do you copy? Can you advise me anything about what the hell kind of place this is? I flew here in a god damn missile, since then I've had talking worms, pissed off cat men, now I have some ass hole who appeared out of nowhere looking beat to hell then all of a sudden was fine asking me for help and saying he's lost his unit. Hasn't a single gun on him and looks perfectly cheerful This can't be real. Is this New York? I read something once that New York was like this. The only thing that could make my day any more weird is to find out this actually is New York City."


Ecks frowns at the news that there is another missing person. Pausing in the conversation with their own stranger, he asks Mindwarp,

"Does your friend have a name?" Whatever else, that sounds like Shane freaking out. Let's hope it is.

Looking at the stranger before them, he asks, "So, you gotta name buddy?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 20
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 97
Conditions: None.

Drake sighs when Ecks' radios him about hostiles. "I've been in the back country and had to deal with dangerous situations, but never one every few feet." Drake says with a bit of frustration before stopping his bike and kicking out the stand. "What do they want? Also What are we going to do?" Drake asks with the same layer of frustration the situation has instilled in him. Once Drake's bike is parked , he gets off of it and turns to face the rest of the team.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am

(Rolls Carried)

Upon hearing that there could be possible hostiles, Sel activates Staci's Thermographic Camera searching for where they could be hidng. (Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 68/52%).

If she can spot their locations, she transmits the data to Morning Glory saying on the team's encrypted channel "Hey Boss, here's some info I think you need to take a look at."
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 36/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 16
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 23
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45%/1d100 = 41 PASS!
Intelligence 70%/1d100 = 66: Judging by his gear, does he look like a shuckster, survivor or a clever bandit. PASS!
Streetwise 30%/1d100 = 92: Is this a shakedown? FAIL!
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 60%/1d100 = 88: Any new or interesting threats that I might notice? FAIL!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 85%/1d100 = 33: Any new or interesting threats that I might notice? PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 65%/1d100 = 99: Any new or interesting threats that I might notice? CRIT FAIL!
Sensory Equipment 45%/1d100 = 20: Using Thermals and hearing to search for any hidden allies PASS!

Maniacal Laugh wrote:The leader says, "Yoos on yer own fer a while. Head south, the Lady is tat way. We's gonna let everyone know about you. Be cawful, watch fer leopard men. Mebbe mantis men too. Someone'll help when yoos reach ell-ee-ess."
"What's it look like when we're getting close? And are there any signs some of the more aggressive use that we can recognize to avoid their territory?"

Shane wrote:"Morning Glory, do you copy? Can you advise me anything about what the hell kind of place this is? I flew here in a god damn missile, since then I've had talking worms, pissed off cat men, now I have some ass hole who appeared out of nowhere looking beat to hell then all of a sudden was fine asking me for help and saying he's lost his unit. Hasn't a single gun on him and looks perfectly cheerful This can't be real. Is this New York? I read something once that New York was like this. The only thing that could make my day any more weird is to find out this actually is New York City."
Ecks wrote:"I'm sure everyone heard that about potential hostiles, so be aware.
Drake wrote:Drake sighs when Ecks' radios him about hostiles. "I've been in the back country and had to deal with dangerous situations, but never one every few feet."

"Those cat men he mentioned sound like the leopard men our friends mentioned. We should probably meet up with this guy, if nothing else so we can get him on a secured channel. It sounds like you guys' juicer. If it's not we need to shut him up from transmitting in the clear like that."

Maniacal Laugh wrote:A man in a Gladiator suit crawls out from a concealed bunker. He raises his hands up, an NG particle beam rifle held casually thanks to the augmented strength.
"You human?" he asks taking only a few steps forward. "We're trying to get home, but we're low on supplies." He nods his head to one of the taller structures nearby. "But don't try and hit us, there's a rocket trained on your friend on the bike right now. We just want to talk."
Ecks wrote:When the person in gladiator armor steps out and halts them, Ecks turns to Brianna. "I'm going to go talk to them." He again pops out of the hatch on Morning Glory. "Yeah, we're human." Well there's Sel, but I'm not going to twist that up in this conversation. Are you stranded? What do you need? We might be able to lend aid. Well, seeing if you don't blow up our man on the bike and we don't have to turn you into kibbles and bits." he says poised out of the open hatch, looking down at the stranger.


Mink slides back her helmet revealing her very human face. She then slides it back closed. "How can we help? You got something to trade? Doesn't have to be physical. Information is valuable too, if it's relevant."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 41

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 33 (40%)

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 84/170 (x10)

Brianna is extremely nervous about taking over controls of Morning Glory and worries she might actually crash into a tree. She flinches a little bit at Mink’s comment about her mind storms, but doesn’t say anything as she focuses on what she’s doing. Responding to Ecks’s comment about there possibly being more excitement, she says ”I don’t know how much more excitement I can take." She nods at his statement and says ”I don’t like it here. Being a psychic is especially bad.”

Turning back to Brianna he asks, "Do you have any way of detecting possession? I know I keep asking you this or that, but you are like a Swiss Army knife. It seems like you've always got a tool for the job." he adds with a laugh hoping to in some small way detract from the mind bombs.


It’s clear that Ecks’s question had some success as some of the stress seems to lift from Brianna’s face as she contemplates the question with a thoughtful look. After a moment, Brianna shakes her head as she replies, ”I don’t think I can do that. At least, I’ve never tried.” The corner of her mouth briefly lifts in weak attempt at a smile at the comment about her being like a Swiss Army knife. ”I try.”

When the person in gladiator armor steps out and halts them, Ecks turns to Brianna. "I'm going to go talk to them."


Brianna nods at Ecks, forcing a smile. "Ok. If you need back-up, let me know." As Ecks leaves Morning Glory, Brianna continues to watch the sensors for any signs of additional hostiles headed toward the group.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 pm

< - Rolls Carried - >

Shane stares kind of quietly for a moment.

"Look, it's been a long day." He says, quietly.

"This place is completely fucked. You got a name? I've some friends that are asking."

This place being fucked doesn't even begin to explain the half of it.

Probably the understatement of the week.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: Jerseyside
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 0700 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

I WAS FEELING SICK, LOSING MY MIND
Answering Mink, Nim says, "The mutants don't do stuff like us, but if you stay more or less due south, you should avoid the worst of the Leopard and Mantis men territories. It's hard, but just don't shoot first. It's counterintuitive, but that's actually a good rule for here. And you'll see the lady and know you're there. I've never been allowed on the island, but some of you might."

Hiroki is equally silent. A call goes out on the team channel from Mick in the Sled, Hey Ecks, can you spare a man for his other door gun. This place has me a bit on edge. I don't like it. How about the new guy?" Hiroki nods and says, "Hai, wakata" and grabs his stuff and takes up the position opposite Victor in the Sled.

Sel puts together a mental list of her material and parts in stock. She knows she has enough for her drones, but now that she's thinking about it, the first drone would probably take two hours to build. She could build the rest in about an hour after that, if the tools turn out to be reusable.

Speakman turns to Sel and his eyes focus intently on her. He says, "Fascinating, do thing the psychic energy in this place may be enhancing your abilities? I can't imagine staying here longer than a couple days, I hope we finish this up soon. I feel like each second part of my sanity is eroding." He looks ready to keep talking some more but pulls himself back to his watch position, "I suppose it is best we stay vigilant." It is a comment clearly meant for himself.

"Oh thank god," Gladius guy says. He removes his helmet revealing a fairly average look face, skin colored similar to Hiroki. However, his face is covered in sweat and his eyes are red. He looks sick. Or at least he's been in his armor for a very long time. "We could really use some food and basic meds, for wounds and cuts and maybe some pure water." Then he doubles over for a moment with a coughing fit. Recovering he smiles wanly at Ecks, "Been a rough couple of days. Those mutants attacked us, weird twisted monsters. It's been downhill since then." He holds his weapon up, "Meatbags can't stand up to a plasma blast though. Shoot 'em on sight now."

Putting his weapon down into a more neutral position he answers Ecks, "I'm Sven, the XO of our little band. Our Chief didn't make it across the bridge there." His nose is running, but with the armor on he can't wipe it. It's glistens.

He watches Mink's quick reveal and cover with her helmet and laughs. "I know you haven't been here long! Hahaha, a couple days in stifling armor with all this craziness, taking it off is a treat despite the risks."

Of course that's when he sneezes. A litany of curses follows as he takes off a gauntlet to get to a rag in his belt and wipe his face.

"Whew, sorry, this place. Allergies, like you wouldn't believe." he pauses taking a couple clear breathes. "Trade, yeah," he nods to Mink, "Like you said, we have some intel about this place that could be helpful. I won't even ask why you're here."

Bringing his bike to a halt Drake takes in the surroundings in detail. Knowing what to look for he can pick out the rocket team on a building/garbage heap a 1000 feet away. They have an advantage over Drake for sure, but with Morning Glory, their death is assured if they take him out. There are so many signs of danger here. It seems like having a chat is more out of place than instant death at the hands of something unimaginable. The deep shadows seem to have voices, voices that cry to Drake with words pulled from his deepest fears and sadnesses. It's hard to find anything beyond the suffering in the surrounding details, but Drake forces himself to focus. The closest clear path looks easy to travel, and there is a turn at the end of it, a half mile down. It looks promising, except, looking closer, Drake can see piles of vehicles piled up at the intersection. There does look to be a couple tires that would work for the Cargonaut monstrosity.

Sel can't get any more out of the thermal cameras that visual light doesn't show. She is however, not convinced that it was a correct read and a second scan might be in order. Bri on the other hand has better luck. She can spot the rocket team ahead, but also several other heat sources moving around underground, but they look like animals. There might be another humanoid about 100 feet behind Sven.


HEARD ABOUT THESE TREATMENTS BY A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE
Starting with the last question first, the sick man answers Shane about his weapons. "I was caught napping, then caught in an explosion. Sucks to be me," he says with a dejected shrug. "I was here with a five man team. I won't tell you our business, we're pros right?" At this point he's taken about five steps towards Shane, but it's completely non threatening, just making conversation easier. However, Shane is completely buying everything this guy is selling. There's no threat as far as Shane can tell. "My team is probably over a bridge a ways up. That's where we were attacked. I got stuck on this side, they probably made it across."[b] He coughs again, but this time it seems better, more of just a regular cold cough and not a convulsion. If Shane was bare-skinned or open-faced, he would feel the droplets of mucus and saliva as the man sneezes with gusto. As it is, the front of his armor has enough goo on it to be seen. [b]"Fuck, I had allergies, but it's bad now." He holds out a hand, "Names Lieutenant Daniels."

What are you doing?

It's the RAMONES MOTHERFUCKERS - Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 55
Conditions: None.

Drake sighs, its a mixed emotional response. Drake is happy he has found a suitable replacement for the cargonaut's tire, but sadness that he may have to bring violence to more people. "May have found a replacement tire for the Cargonaut. Not going after it till we figure this mess out though." Drake radios the group channel. Drake holding a hand cupped as if to shield his eyes, he looks directly at the rocket team and tries to mentally tell them what a bad idea they have. "So what do they want, and are we going to give it?"
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 18
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 10
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 35
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 15

"Give me a moment, I am...."

Shane is so completely caught off guard by getting droplet-upon'd that he stands there, frozen in time, completely unable to move.

Because of this, his radio does not shut off; broadcasting several seconds of conversation ... once he can speak again. This means that even though he doesn't speak, the other man saying:
Fuck, I had allergies, but it's bad now. Names Lieutenant Daniels."


Operating completely on autopilot, he shakes hands and still can't talk.

It's not that he's disgusted.... okay, he's disgusted. Disgusted as all hell.

"The... hell are you sick with?" Shane asks him, finally, and gets his radio clicked off and is not transmitting anymore.

He will probably have more to say once he hears some radio back and things catch up.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:56 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10 (+4 when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 46

"Hey boss, I can get a drone up and flying in a matter of a couple of hours, if you'd like? It would allow us to scout smaller areas without having to expose ourselves to potential danger. While an argument could be made that it also alerts potential dangers of our presence, I would have to say that's a pretty moot point. They wouldn't fly very high, but at least high enough to clear most of the buildings. We would also have to fly it back to us before the batteries run out of a charge. Also it would be made from standard density strength materials rather than military density materials, so while it should survive some bumping into walls and other obstructions, most creatures would have no trouble destroying it. Even still better it than us, am I right? Sel says on the radio to Ecks. If given permission by him, she'll immediately start putting it together, cursing once when she dropped a screw into the electric motor housing for one of the eight motors, and once again when started putting the electrical components in place and accidentally inverted the power going to one of the other eight motors. When it's all said and done three hours later, Sel apologizes for it taking a little bit longer than expected.

"Let's give Toby a proper test run, shall we?" Sel says, her voice thick with confidence. (Using Telemechanics -10
ISP gives me a skill level of 80% to use the item, or fly it in this case. 1d100 = 93/80%) Sel practically shrieks in horror as she immediately crashes Toby (assuming all of her Electrical Engineering rolls were good enough to let it take off in the first place). She rushes over to inspect it to make sure it didn't suffer any major damage. If it seems alright, she meekly asks "Would anyone else like to see if they are better at piloting Toby than me?"

Whether or not Ecks gives his ok on the project, Sel will eventually say "I never named you! Oh my goodness! Well let's see here, you are a Chipwell brand product, so I will name you Chip!"

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=387&t=6833

(OOC: I can only get the basic link to the thread from my smart phone. The rolls for my building of the drone are at bottom, beneath another post by me about learning a spell.)
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 36/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 36

1d10 = 4

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 63 (40%)

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 84/170 (x10)

Brianna frowns as she studies the sensors. 'What in the hell is that?' she wonders to herself. 'Are those animals? Doing her best to determine how many there are and what size they are before she bothers the rest of the team. When there's a break in the conversation, she radios the team and tells them, "I can see the rocket team. Not only that, but I'm seeing several other heat sources moving around underground. I'm not positive but I think they're animals. I'm trying to determine how many there are and how big they are."

Spotting the other humanoid, a look of concern comes over Brianna's face. Radioing Sven, Brianna warns him, "Hey, Sven, it's Brianna. I'm detecting another humanoid about 100 feet behind you. Be careful. I'm not sure if they're friendly but, given this place, it's better to be safe than sorry."
Last edited by Brianna Clarke on Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+11 = 19
JIC:1d20 = 16/1d100 = 62

Radio Basic: 1d100 = 33/108%

May have found a replacement tire for the Cargonaut. Not going after it till we figure this mess out though.


Ecks is relieved to hear something positive. "Good to hear. Yes, lets hope this is as simple as it looks. he ads with a sarcastic laugh.

"Thanks for the heads up Bri. Animals underground? This place is absolutely crawling. I can't understand how anything lives here.

Sel contacts him to build a drone. Feeling less than keen on spending unneeded time in this place, he replies. "If Speakman can keep driving, you can. We aren't stopping for hell or highwater though. At least not until we start piecing together what we need to get done here."

Ecks radios Mick too. "Keep your eyes open Mick. If these guys have been here long I don't want to give them too much benefit of the doubt."

Focusing back on Sven, Ecks continues. "Our meds are light. Food we can definitely help with. How badly are the wounds? We can get your some MRE's. How many in your group?" He will get three MRE's for each of Sven's band and give them a mini first aid kit from the Sled. "While you're huddled with us, don't open fire unless the threat is active. We're heading in, not out so we want to keep low on the radar."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:52 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 80

Hearing the transmission from Shane and listening to the men in front of her, the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end in alarm. She has her suit's sensors check do a sweep of the filters for unknown origin or alien spores. She's seen intelligent plants do weird things - including mind controlling people. "Well if you're careful, you can probably make your way over the bridge and off the island and get out of Madhaven. There's some wrecked hoverbikes you might be able to salvage. You seen many old church ruins? I've got an interest in old world churches, and there's no telling what I might find." She kills her external mic and radios the group. "Be aware, I don't buy this is just allergies. Let's keep an eye on things and stay buttoned up for now. I could just be paranoid, but I'll take being paranoid over the alternative."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:12 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks is in agreement with Mink on staying cautious. "I feel the same. We can hope they are straight with us, but them not catching the crazies while being here is something to beware. I'm not entirely sure the word paranoid can be used here at any rate. It may be synonymous with alive."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:29 am

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: Jerseyside
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 0710 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

YOU TALK GOOD (Drake, Ecks, Mink, Sel, Bri, Mick, Victor, Speakman, Okobu)
Staring up towards the roof tops, Drake can make out the missile team, but not much more. The sun is starting to rise higher in the sky, and Drakes upraised hand even blocks a little bit of the morning rays. If his hands or face were bare, the warmth of the sunlight would be welcome against the morning chill. Of course, none of that matters as Drake, and pretty much everyone else is sealed up tight in EBA.

Taking a survey of her parts and gear, Sel is very confident that she has everything to build the drones, and as long the terrain doesn't get to crazy she can work as Speakman drives. Outside of the hybrid heavy vehicle, the clear sky and barren landscape make her feel even worse than the crazy psychic phenomenon flooding her head continuously.

Try as she might, Brianna can't recover the previous sensor contacts. They were a bit sketchy before, but clear enough, now they're gone. She's pretty sure, though not positive, that she just missed them, and that nothing is wrong... her head starts to feel like it's going to burst, but the feeling fades before exploding. That might explain her distraction. It's all in addition to the extreme psychic pressure.

Looking relieved Sven relaxes a little, the classic finger to the ear gesture as if communicating with his team. "Food would be nice," he shrugs. "It's not like we were unprepared, this place just fucks you over. Mutants, monsters, freaking noises, ghosts. A couple days is enough for me." He sneezes again, but with his glove already off, the whole process of cleaning up the snot is a lot less complicated. The snot rag is apparently full as Sven discards it to the ground.

"Hey, we'll hold tight if you say so, but those mutant bastards won't wait." As he says that, four other human like figures crawl out of the woodwork, converging on Sven's position. They approach relaxed, but always watching the perimeter. "I can't tell a church from a piss pot in this place, so, you can have them all to yourself,"[b] Sven answers Mink's question. [b]"If we're near the bridge, that's damn good, weren't sure where we were anymore."

Ecks and Mink notice that all of the mercs approaching either are bare-headed or have their face masks removed. And, in addition, Ecks notices that a few of them also look sick.


I'LL EAT GLASS (Shane)
Daniels wipes his nose with the back of his hand, and says, "Shit, allergies I guess." He places his hands on his knees and bends over, looking at the ground for a moment. When he stands back up, he looks pretty good. He turns to face up the road, points and says, "I've got people up the road too, and this fucked up place, human company would be welcomed." He takes a couple steps, turns and says, "Well, I'm going, enough standing around for me. Might see the freaky worms again. Giant worms." As he walks away Shane can hear him continue to mumble a little, "Fucking giant worms, ferrchissake, giant fucking worms..."

I HEARD YOU READ MY MIND BEHIND MY BACK (Rose)
Rose had set off to find a more dangerous line of work. More lucrative was more important than dangerous of course. Fame wouldn't hurt either. But danger can be costly. Danger can also take you far far away. So at this moment, Rose is hiding in a collapsed building letting the engines on her Jouster cool down. When she last slept, she had no idea that when she woke up, she'd be running from big ass, monstrously huge freaking worms.

Looking around, Rose surveys her hiding spot. It's a building, collapsed and decayed, but stable chambers or caves appear to be throughout. It's morning, and the sun streams in through the cracks, given a green hue by the ivy and hanging plants clinging to the ancient concrete and steel. The air is still cool and damp inside, musty and moldy.

Skittering and scratching noises seem to come from all over, but not the earth shaking tremors of the worms. This is her second day in this horrible place, and the persistent psychic noise is wreaking havoc on all her natural empathic abilities. It's also painful beyond just the confusion, her brain pulsing with the emotions of the tormented souls trapped in the psychic miasma.

Oh yes, Rose is in Madhaven. The chance for money and fame is gone, now she just needs to get home.

What are you doing?

Le Tigre-TKO
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Rose Dandy-Ba » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:27 am

Perception: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 1d20+2 = 5
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 1d20 = 12
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 1d100 = 47
Skill: Prowl | Target: 54% -5% from Armor for a total of 49% | 1d100 = 1d100 = 44 |

Rose had to admit in the grand scheme of things that this was most certainly not her line of work. She'd managed by luck and pluck to avoid certain death. Her coworkers weren't as lucky. They hadn't taken care of their hovercycles as well, hadn't topped off the tanks hadn't planned ahead. It's like Belle always said, plan ahead. Plan for the worst but plan ahead. And so the little girl who'd never fired a shot was now the last one alive in her exploring party. Why had she decided to do this? Why hadn't she decided on something less dangerous? Something less faught with peril... something like storming Chi-Town and drawing a smiley face on the emperor's face.

The hurried flight into the canyons at night had turned out to be buildings. And Rose knew from her days in prison that the bigger the monster, or person, the harder it was for them to get into small spaces. She'd managed to get the jouster into a spin that would make a turbo-jockey proud and overheat the engines but she was safe for now. As the light broke on the second day she not only was regretting coming here but she was regretting that she was lost here. Wherever here was. How had she gotten into this place? and why was there such a unending cacophony of noise overriding her psychic abilities. She'd found herself shifting once, on instinct to react to the noise and then slammed her blocks in place. She could steal feel it. It was like something alive wanted to get into her head.

She shuddered and moved to the edge of the chamber she'd picked as her own, drawing her pistol as she went. Her pistol. She snorted. For all the good that thing would do. She'd never fired the thing in her life. She felt if she had to fire a weapon something had gone so wrong so badly that she'd have been better off running. Call it moral superiority. Call it naivety. She believed that she didn't have to kill people and she'd specifically picked this one because of it's rep of knocking over anyone. It could kill but it was designed to knock people down.

She wanted to get out of here and back to where life made sense. Back to Merctown. Fame be damned. She couldn't rub her parents face in it if she were dead. And if she stayed her much longer on her own she was going to be dead. She was woefully under prepared for this journey and was running out of food... She pulled the bionculars out of the duffle and scanned the area.
Rose Dandy-ba
HP: 12
SDC: 111/111
ISP: 70/70
PPE: 8
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: • Helmet: 40• Arms: 20 each• Legs: 30 each• Main Body: 80
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver: 4 Shots
1 E-Clip

You can find Jan at
Discord: JEFLINT#7055 or LINE: JEFLINT or GoogleHangouts: JEFLINT@gmail.com
User avatar
Rose Dandy-Ba
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 25
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 22
Conditions: None.

Automotive Mechanics 1d100 = 93/55% Fail

Drake sighs. Amateurish at best. "Anyone got a tire iron for semi truck sized lug nuts?" Drake asks as he makes his way to the crawler. Drake seems not to have a care in the world about the rocket team taking aim at him. Rapping his hand on the door of the crawler. "Hey would the tires on that wreck over there fit one of these rigs?" Drake asks while pointing his hand towards the wreck in question.

If he gets an affirmative, he gets his hands on a tire iron and makes his way back to the wreck in question. Might as well do something useful while Ecks talks to the locals. Drake thinks as he tries to work the tires off with the tire iron and a bit of robotic enhanced muscle.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 9 (+4 when dealing with magic, machines, or their combinaiton)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 60

Sel doesn't notice Drakes approach to her seeing as how she was becoming engrossed in her side project, so she's naturally startled when he asks her a question, which leads to her messing up (see first Mechanical Engineering roll in Tinker's Thread). She almost cusses out loud until Drake starts to talk about suitable wheels for Staci and the Cargonaught. She rushes over to the camera controls for the Thermographic camera to zoom in on the vehicle in question. (I suppose Sensory Equipment is what I would be rolling right now Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 62/57%)

Using the camera, Sel is unable to locate the vehicle unless Drake points it out to her.

Mechanical Engineering to determine if the tires are indeed suitable for either the Cargonaut or Staci 1d100 = 75/57%
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 36/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:44 am

Perception: 1d20+11
JIC: 1d20/1d100

Ecks gathers fifteen of the MRE packs. Turning to Brianna he says, "I hope we don't need a lot more bribes. I brought a bit, but we haven't even been here a whole day yet and I am handing out trade goods like candy. I suppose I need to be a better negotiator." adding a chuckle at the end. Well, whatever the case I don't care. Hopefully we can get to this Mighty Lady and get some answers for Bri.

He climbs down to give the MREs to Sven. Ecks does not remove his face plate. Handing the packs over he says I'm sure you're right about the mutants. It looks like you and your team need to get out of here. I can understand wanting to relax, but getting out of your armor doesn't seem like it's done you any favors. Now what kind of intel can you give us?

He is relieved to see that Drake is working on getting wheels. Still, Ecks keeps his eyes open, despite the lull in action.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 88

1d10 = 4

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 99 (40%)

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 84/170 (x10)

Brianna scowls when she can’t recover the previous sensor contacts. ”Dammit!” Brianna mutters under her breath as she attempts to recover what she had found. She doesn’t say anything for the moment given her feeling that nothing was wrong. She winces when she feels like her head is going to burst and breathes a brief sigh of relief when nothing happens that time. If their time in Madhaven was teaching her anything, it was to appreciate the quiet moments while they lasted – after all, they never lasted long.

Glancing over at Ecks, Brianna nods. ”Yeah, sadly I can’t use psychic powers to get us food.” She pauses before adding ”I could find us water though, if we need it.” When Ecks heads back out, Brianna turns back to the sensors to continue to look for those contacts she had lost.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 13
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 16
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 30
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 19

"That's not allergies."

Shane's reply is as deadpan as he ever could make one.

"I've never seen allergies bring a fighting man to their knees, but then again, what the fuck do I know? I haven't been allergic to shit or gotten sick for... awhile."

He ends up shutting up, because he hasn't played his hand as a juicer yet, unless Daniels has already recognized the delphi helmet.

A moment after Daniels sets off, Shane moves along with; rifle kept ready to cover the other.

"Fucked up worm, in boots? Yeah, I met that one. Little too friendly. Tell me what you know and I'll do my best to return the favor. This whole place is fucked up and strange, some giant ass birds in the sky as well. I don't know if I'd choose to walk in the open."

So he walks, and he listens, keeping an eye out for trouble.... either from the wilds or from Daniels.

Skill Roll | Detect Ambush | Target: 74 | 1d100 = 16 | Success


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:31 pm

((rolls carried))

Before leaving the Morning Glory:

"You can find water? Who knows... it might save us." Ecks says, genuinely surprised by the ability. At once it seems mundane but also extremely useful.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Perception 1d20+5 = 6+5 if a lore check applies=11 (also a Nat 1) - is the guy even wearing an earbud?
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 62
Intelligence 74%/1d100 = 40 - to ask leading and open ended questions that might garner more regional intelligence PASS!
Note: Not looking for specific information, more trying to make sure my lore checks have as much local fact behind them as possible.
Lore: Demons and Monsters 70%/1d100 = 12 - Anything they mention or that I know of have the ability to possess humans/mortals by means of spores or any other vector that might end up looking like an allergic reaction? PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 90%/1d100 = 27 - Anything they mention or that I know of have the ability to possess humans/mortals by means of any psychic vector that might end up looking like an allergic reaction? PASS!
Lore: Magic - Recognize Enchantment 49%/1d100 = 8 - Any enchantment or possession signs I recognize? PASS!

Mink asks a few open ended questions regarding threats, plants, worms, wolves, mutants and more as she helps pass out the MREs, and makes sure grabbing the tire will be okay with them. "Hey one of our people would like to grab that tire over there. That okay?" Her mind block firmly and permanently in place, though she does not realize it yet, she ponders the situation. 'I could be seeing something that isn't there. But it just seems weird. No way if I was dealing with that would I NOT be in full environmental seal. But then unlike most of these mercs, I've been trained for just that and have the experience to back it up. Never trusting a plant to be innocuous again after that.'

Her mind zips back to her time in a certain dark and foreboding forest, to the alien tree that took down three other operatives without so much as a move, other than the wind. Whatever it was, it wasn't a widespread species, and the eradication team had burned a five mile radius, just to be sure. Still, they'd had to live in body armor after that for some time. Only time to come out was in sealed tents and vehicles, which had to be done daily for sanitation and just to stretch. But you ended up sleeping in armor, just in case. One of the most uncomfortable three weeks of her time there.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:52 am

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: Jerseyside
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 0715 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing


I'M A LEXICON DEVIL WITH A BATTERED BRAIN (Shane)
Daniels laughs, sneezes and coughs at Shane's description of Madhaven. But he adds, "Look, we've only been here a couple days. But I ran from some giant monster crap that ambushed our camp. Those woods," he stops to wipe his nose, "are way the fuck scarier than this wide open road."

He walks for a few seconds in silence, periodically wiping his nose. "I don't know what that caterpillar creep is," Daniels begins again, "but I think he's the one that lead the thing to our camp." He continues to walk, but looks back at Shane, "The thing is, I'm pretty sure I saw him eating one of our dead. Everything is out to kill you here." The anger in that statement sends him in to another coughing fit. He smiles, "Whatever, allergies, talking caterpillars, fucking mutants, ghosts, who knows what else. Everything is trying to kill you here."

A little ways further down the road, he points to the right. "There's the bridge. It looks like crap, but supposedly there's a way across. Safest way, at least we were led to believe that."


AND I'M LOOKIN FOR A FUTURE, THE WORLD'S MY AIM (Rose)
The sun continues to move across the landscape outside Rose's hiding place. The shadows seem ominous still. The noises are hard to make out, even harder because some are in her head. But there's a muffled BOOM BOOM that's louder than any singular noise she's heard so far. It's from the south-west.

But that sort of mystery takes second seat when she hears loud scrabbling noise interspersed with horrid squeaks. The rubble on the wall behind her starts to shake, small pebbles tumbling from the seams in the broken walls. It sounds like a horde of angry giant rats is trying to chew through the concrete.

"Hello there dear!" an incongruously chipper female voice rises above the noise. "Would you like some help out?" It comes from an even stranger face than Rose could ever have imagined. Her empathic sense feels nothing but helpfulness and caring.

Image

SO GIMME, GIMME YOU HANDS, GIMME, GIMME YOUR MINDS (Drake, Ecks, Mink, Sel, Bri, Marcus Mick, Victor, Speakman, Okobu)

Something made Drake take a second look at this whole scenario, things didn't feel right. He's not really into math or that sort of thing, but knows enough about guns and shooty things in general that he realizes the rocket team is not aimed at him...but at Sven!

A lot of strange things are becoming clear, maybe it's a moment of quiet in the paranoid voices, but a second look at the pile of junk and Drake has another revelation. It's not a random pile of junk. It's a pile of vehicles that have all been blown up. As in it's the carcasses of ambushed vehicles. The wheels still look like they are in damn good shape though.

When surprised by Drake, Sel sort of fumbles with her optics. She can't really focus them on the spares, so she uses the mark I eyeball and can spot the tires and from this distance they look suitable. Despite her mind block, the psychic pressure is putting a real strain on her thinking. Messing up simple tasks, being oblivious to her surroundings, especially, even, in such a hostile environment. They visions and sounds are being held at bay, but Sel still knows they are there. She has a mental door up and locked, but it's a glass door and she can see exactly what's outside trying to get in.

"Oh man, real food! Since we got ambushed, foods been hard to come by," he kneels down to examine the packets. "Hey, a couple other guys gonna come up to help get this stored away." A couple of the other mercs step forward slowly, hands in neutral positions. The glisten of their runny noses is plenty visible.

Mink, is able to focus just fine. She puts her considerable knowledge of the supernatural to work, leading a few questions to one of the closer mercs. He answers seem perfectly honest. More importantly, they lead her to a conclusion. A horrible conclusion. All the evidence, the behavior of these mercs, it is almost a certainty that one of them is possessed by a contagion entity.

Brianna is suffering even more so from the effects than Sel. If Sel had a glass door, Bri has a screen door. Focusing on her tasks is almost painful. She felt strained looking at the brightness sensor displays and she had to dig her knuckles in eyes to try and release some of the pressure. It's not that she's going crazy, or that she's losing it, it's just wearing her down.

Bri, Sel, their psychic nightmare becomes a shared event as the woman-out-of-time unleashes a torrent of psychic energy worse than anything madhaven has to offer. Everyone is knocked on their asses, all around, mercs, AAPS...everyone. They're down for minutes, long minutes.

Now, for Marcus, this mental wrecking ball was kind of godsend. Sure he has blood running down his nose. But the two mercs on the roof were also flat on their asses. They'd dropped their own guns, along with his. Oh, there was blood coming out of his ears too. It was like his brain had been put blender, images whirling around so fast it was nauseating. An image or two was clear, but even those were non-sensical. He recognized the distorted image of the big abstract lady statue he saw from the air as the mercs aircraft was going down in flames. But in the vision is was a tall majestic statue. Visions were accompanied by sounds and sensations of hot and cold, needles and pins all over, but mostly on his eyes and in his nose. In a word: unpleasant.

However, if Marcus can act quickly, he can escape from these sick (as in contagious with something) wackos.

Duration: 1d12+4 = 16 [Make removable] melees Range: 1d6*100 = 500 [Make removable] yards

What are you doing?

The Germs-Lexicon Devil Took a turn to the west coast for the perfect content fit...
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:22 am

Perception: 1d20+11 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 84

Ecks is a little amused by Sven's need of assistance for the fifteen MRE's. "I don't know if I'd call them real food, but the hot chocolate isn't too bad." He adds with a chuckle. Behind the gladius' face plate though he isn't smiling. The addition of more persons being in proximity doesn't escape him either. He begins to take a step back when the Bri-storm strikes, dropping him like a sack of potatoes.

Lost in pain and disorientation he feels detached from his body. Man, I hate this place. How can anyone live here and why would they visit? We HAVE to be here, but these mercs... why on earth? You know what sounds good? A reuben. A reuben and a dill spear. And maybe a dark stout. I totally forgot to tell Anna that the toilet runs if you don't jiggle the handle...

When his senses return, he radios Bri as he lays helmet still resting on the ground.

"How you doin' Bri? Good news, the ground down here looks ok. We should be able to proceed." he adds with a sincere but labored chuckle.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Rose Dandy-Ba » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:30 am

((Rolls carried over))
Invoke Trust | Target: 60% | 1d100 = 1d100 = 91 = FAILURE

Rose focused her binoculars in the direction of the booming to the sound to the southwest, at least she was pretty sure that was southwest. It was hard to concentrate with all this noise in her head and around her... she hated this place. This place just gave her bad jives. The squeaking was almost overlooked... almost because she couldn't tell if that was a real noise or imagined. Even with her blocks in place it was taking concentration to operate at normal capacity. Slowly the Pleasurer to turned around, pistol tracking just off from where the sound was coming from. A professional would have told Rose how badly off her shot would be if something was coming to get her. How she was dead meat... in fact someone was whispering that, all static and hissing about her skills and why she was here.

As the Caterpillar seemed to pop out of the rubble Rose was ready for... not that. Her mismatched colored eyes grew wider at the form of some sort of bug in pants and boots. The jaw dropping open behind the mask. She hadn't even known grub people... was that a grub? Maybe it was a meal worm? Larval Butterfly? Either way that wasn't what she'd expected to come from the rubble. She tilted her head for a second as it processing the request. The request for assistance seemed to good to be true considering the monsters that had chased her into this place. Her gun sank a bit though as the feelings she got weren't hostile. That was good enough for her. She didn't holster the weapon but she did stand up and looked up towards the creatures face. "I'm trying to find my way outta this place," Rose said. "Any help would be greatly appreciated." She hooked her paw in the direction of the booming. "Wanna wager on what that noise is?"
Rose Dandy-ba
HP: 12
SDC: 111/111
ISP: 70/70
PPE: 8
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: • Helmet: 40• Arms: 20 each• Legs: 30 each• Main Body: 80
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver: 4 Shots
1 E-Clip

You can find Jan at
Discord: JEFLINT#7055 or LINE: JEFLINT or GoogleHangouts: JEFLINT@gmail.com
User avatar
Rose Dandy-Ba
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9 (+3 vs robots & PA)
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 100

Victor eyeballs the scene from the Sleds door gun position, laying his sites on the Headhunter who appears to be in charge...and a bit off their rocker. Keying his radio Victor asks, "Ecks, what's the call here boss? I can't tell who is friendly and who is just another target from here. Fill me in will ya'?".
Victor Singer
Worn on Person
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
NE-4 Pistol
(5) TX-6 speed loaders
(6) NE-4 clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Drake » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 9
Just in Case: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 30
Conditions: Going Paranoid.

Drake props himself up from the ground, his head throbbing from the mental outburst. Struggling to his feet, Drake looks at the situation and his hind brain kicks up a fuss. Not pointed at me, but Sven... Obviously ambushed vehicles... This isn't what it seems. Drake looks to Selendria. "Hun, close the door and lock them, I think we're in a situation." Drake says quietly before moving away as if to go for the tires. "Ecks, I think we stumbled onto something bad here. That rocket team is pointing at your new friend, and I think the truck I found the tires on is part of a pile of vehicles destroyed in ambushes. So I would step away from your new friend and get ready to skedaddle."

Drake makes his way to his bike and prepares to make a run for it.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:18 pm

((rolls carried))

Getting to his feet, the operators brushes his overcoat off. He then hears Drake's radio warning. He backs away. As he does he says,

"So Sven, looking about this looks to be a place of bad luck for a lot of travelers. Know anything about that?" Ecks says suddenly suspicious.

So who are the guys on the rooftop? Sven knows about them. So are they with him or against him? Why are they aiming at him? Man, Bri I bet you'd have better insight down here. So do I warn him? One of these two is not like the other.

Backing away to towards the Morning Glory, he also hears Victor radio. "Doesn't look good. Keep your eyes open. Mick, be ready for evasive action."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 16 (+4 when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Justin Case: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 82

One moment Sel is using the onboard optics to look at some potential tires for Staci, the next thing she knows her head is under the console as her whole body has fallen down. Her eyes twitch as they regain focus and she begins to push herself into a standing position when she hears a loud clang when the helmet of her power armor hits the underside of the console. She backs up and tries again, looking first toward Speakman, then Drake, and finally Hiro, asking each of them if they were alright (although she seriously doubts Hiro would have responded).

When Drake starts talking about locking up Staci before going back out, Sel says in a loud and clear voice "Staci, activate Code Yellow." She then places her hands on the dashboard and casts Energy Field (-10 PPE) around Staci, wanting to protect the rest of the wheels. While Sel is casting her spell, the door and top hatch close and then have six large screws in each extend into the doors and hatch. "Hey Speakman, is there anyway you can seal up your vehicle remotely?".

(Conditions: 60 MDC around Staci/Cargonaut)
Last edited by Selenidaria on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 36/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Shane » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 24
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 17
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 40
Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 18

Shane listens, weighing all of this against what he's heard all ready.

"What did you say your name was?" He asks.

Can't believe I forgot that fast. Fuckin' loosing it. I hate this place already.

"Giant monster shit? What kind of giant monster?"

Right, so my head hurts, this guy is sick as fuck, I came here riding a damn missile, it's got giant caterpillars, birds and now monsters too? No, I was wrong. Fucking love this place.

At least Shane can be sarcastic with himself.

"What would your plan for this place be, if you were solo? Try to climb or walk through it?"

He's thinking he could probably jump most of it, but not volunteering that. Not yet.

He wants to hear what this guy has to say first.

Skill Rolls (The goal here is Shane is assessing this to see if he can come up with a plan, leap from here to here, to here and so on, and if he can find a successful 'good' path while carrying Daniels fireman style.)
Skill Roll | Sense of Balance | Target: 89% | Roll: 1d100 = 87 | Success
Skill Roll | Walk High Wire | Target: 83% | Roll: 1d100 = 77 | Success
Skill Roll | Climb Rope | Target: 100% | | Roll: 1d100 = 74 | Success
Skill Roll | Back Flip | Target: 89% | | Roll: 1d100 = 8 | Success
Skill Roll | Work Bars/Rings | Target: 83% | Roll: 1d100 = 57 | Success

"Fuck it." Shane says. "I think I can carry you. Not going to be comfortable, fireman carry style, but you won't slow me down any." This is the first clue Shane has given Daniels save the outsized helmet, he is in fact a juicer.

"Shitty and open spot to be otherwise. Come on, let's go, I can do this."

Ability | Invoke Trust | Target: 40% | 1d100 = 44 | Failure

If Daniels asks, he will just answer him bluntly: "Juicer."

If he agrees, Shane will attempt to follow the 'course' he laid out, using his rocket boots as necessary.

(Leap range, 26' Across, 13' High, Jet boots can add 60 high, etc, more than enough PS to carry Daniels, -15 Penalty as discussed with Justin. Maybe slightly less penalty given the planning? I dunno!)

Skill Roll | Sense of Balance | Target: 89%-15%=74% | Roll: 1d100 = 34 | Success
Skill Roll | Walk High Wire | Target: 83%-15%=68% | Roll: 1d100 = 3 | Success
Skill Roll | Climb Rope | Target: 100%-15%=85% | | Roll: 1d100 = 87 | Fail (Only 2 points, planning above enough to counteract that?)
Skill Roll | Back Flip | Target: 89%-15%=74% | | Roll: 1d100 = 34 | Success
Skill Roll | Work Bars/Rings | Target: 83%-15%=68% | Roll: 1d100 = 9 | Success


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 83

1d10 = 1

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 2 (40%)

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 84/170 (x10)

Brianna picks herself up after the latest mind storm hits her. Placing one hand on her forehead, Brianna places a piece of a kleenex against her nose to stop the bleeding. 'This can't be healthy for me' Briana thinks to herself.

"How you doin' Bri? Good news, the ground down here looks ok. We should be able to proceed." he adds with a sincere but labored chuckle.


Brianna's voice sounds strained as she answers. "I've been better." When she hears the news about the ground, she replies "That's good. Should we get going then?" Sighing, Brianna tries to focus more on the sensors and less on her concern that all of these mind storms are doing to her physically.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:47 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: Jerseyside
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 0725 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PASSION (Shane)
"Daniels, my boys call me Lieutenant Daniels, but we're really not that formal." Daniels responds to Shane before wiping his nose. "Shit, do I look like a scholar, I don't have a fucking clue what it was. It was a big floating mass of faces, arms, and screamed constantly. We couldn't take it, we lost cohesion and got separated. Then the damn worms." He pauses and considers Shane's tactical question for a moment. "Well," he says slowly, "We were told to avoid the water, even the shallow parts have crazy shit." He then points at the bridge. "I think I'd walk across, climbing might cause a cave in, and then you're out of luck."

Daniels stares at Shane for a moment. Then he shrugs, "What the hell, why not" He grunts as Shane picks him up. But for the juicer his weight isn't too bad. Daniels isn't carrying much gear.

Jetting from solid patch to solid patch, it only takes Shane a couple leaps to get to the other side.

"In case you're wondering, our SOP is to meet at the last camp if we get separated. That's where we're headed."

And just as they come to a sort of clearing, Shane sees a familiar sight: the giant dome head of the Mobile Gun sticking over a weird overgrown outcropping! He's only a few hundred feet away now.

But any joy is lost in the worst possible nightmare Shane has ever experienced. His head explodes, psychic visions filling every square millimeter of his own domed head. It's not just visions. It's sounds--horrible sounds--and smells--who ever heard of psychic smells?--and his skin feels like it's being burned and frozen simultaneously. But the visions, they are probably the most disturbing. They swirl and merge, morph and disappear, almost always in a violent riot of angry colors. It's nauseating. The content of the visions is either abstract and grotesque or it's painfully personal. Visions of his past, the people he's hurt and killed come back to torment him in ways that are impossible, but are now wrenching at his soul, tearing him apart. Interspersed in all of the nightmares are other visions of a lady, a statue, something. He's seen it before but just can't place it, the other psychic vomit is destroying his limited sanity.

Rolling into a kneeling position, Shane is recovered enough to look around... he sees Daniels on the ground....but it takes Shane in his stupor a moment to realize that Daniels looks different. He looks like he's been both mauled by an army of angry dwarves in crampons and as if his face had erupted in every known form of lesion or pustule. His exposed hands are scratched raw and the tumescent pustules have all ruptured. There's even eruptions on his palms.

Before he can get his psychic blockade back up, his extrasensory vision catches something like a greenish wisp of poison gas emanate from Daniels' mouth and nose to disappear into psychic nothingness.

Daniels is crying out in pain and agony. His tortured words are along these general lines: "Noooo!!! You promised vengeance!! They must pay! They abandoned me! They must pay! You betrayed me! etc."

WHAT'S THE REASON FOR SCREAMING (Rose)
"Oh, yes, everyone always wants to get out," the talking worm-caterpillar says in a welcoming voice. "It is my home, here, so I don't mind." When Rose gets close, the thing bobs its head excitedly. "Oh ho ho! You are a pretty thing aren't you! My name is Maude, what do they call you?" She's a caterpillar worm in boots, anyone is a pretty thing. "Oh, I wouldn't know about noises like that, I try to keep to myself, just a few friends around here."

With its head still facing Rose, Maude turns and starts to head out of the collapsed building. "First lets get away from the rats. If you're hungry, we can grab some fresh veggies from a little patch close by."

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MUSIC AND THE MESSAGE THAT I LOVE (Everyone else)
Marcus struggles to his feet and sees Sven down on the ground! He was in Marcus' team. But there is a whole bunch of other people. A hover craft and a NG Mobile Hunter, some bikes and a monstrosity of a truck or half-track.

After the chaos of the mind storm, Sven recovers fairly quickly. He stares at Ecks and half whispers, have just moves his lips, "Help." Looking around Ecks sees the others start to recover as well, but then he spots something even weirder. Where the rocket team was, there is now a Blue Boy! It's just standing there, but it's not pointing artillery and anyone.

Victor spots the other Blue Boy on the roof a little ways off into the ruins. It's not moving and he can't tell what it's doing, but the PA appears to be in good shape.

Drake is shaken by the mind storm and his previous understanding of the situation is lost. His scan of the area doesn't pick up anything changed, not really. This strange crew seem to be recovering slowly from the mind storm.

By the time Ecks asks Sven more questions, he's recovered and with a glance at the other mercenaries, he says, "Look, you hear the voices right? Well, they drive people crazy. Do crazy things. Crazy things. We're just trying to get strong enough to go home."

Mick puts a little more power to the Sled's engines, pushing it into the air a little more as he drifts back away from the potential conflict. He rotates the craft so that he and Victor can get as many targets and cover the most area as possible. "You okay back there Vic? Stay strapped in, I'm probably gonna to fly crazy after all this boring crap." Victor hears a chuckle of the internal comm, "Blow some shit up too."

Speakman looks at Sel for just a second before comprehending what she wants. But his face falls, "No, but I can seal it in two minutes. Wait for me?" He doesn't wait for a response but jams on his helmet and dashes back to the remains of his vehicle. When Speakman heads out, Sel has a moment to look around and take in the situation. She doesn't notice much change on the ground as people slowly recover. She does notice the new arrival taking the place of the rocket team. It's a Blue Boy just like Victor's and it looks a little dazed.

Oh Bri, Bri, Bri, Bri. She recovered faster than normal from this mind storm. She spotted the change of the missile team. She even was pretty sure of the head count of this crazy mercenary group. They weren't acting terribly rationally. But so soon, it's almost cruel. BAM!

Everyone is rocked on another psychic haymaker.

For most of AAPS this is old hat, horrible, but they do know what it is. Not so much for the mercenary crew, they seem totally disoriented and frightened. They have no way of knowing that the cause is AAPS, they clearly assume it's just another one of the horrors of this place.

What are you doing?

H2O - What Happened Say what you will about preachy straight edge bands, but I love this song!
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Image
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Well, this mission had officially gone to hell in a handbasket. Except, it wasn't just that bad; it wasn't just a handbasket, since that suggested some kind of gift basket with fruit and flowers and crap. No, this handbasket was the deadly kind you might send your enemies, the kind that was also filled with grenades. And shit. A handbasket that was filled with grenades and shit, and was also on fire...and not your normal fire, either, the kind of sticky fire you got when you doused somebody in plasma and put a match to them, the kind that burned away until the only fuel left was the ashes of their bones, and the air was filled with the kind of sticky, sickly smell of what passers-by would desperately hope was burned pork. Honestly, that still didn't seem like it was a serious enough description for just how FUBAR this entire shitshow of a mission had become, but fuck it, it was good enough for the time being. He'd never been overly good with metaphors, and he was less inclined to try now than he'd ever been, considering just where he was and what state he was currently in. Honestly, he had no fucking clue why he'd thought it was a good idea to take this job with a bunch of amateur morons, most of whom he couldn't even tolerate....except Sven, he supposed. Sven was ok. He was still people, so he was still an arsehole, but he was a likable arsehole, in his own way, like he'd gotten an enema; washed and rinsed, sweet smelling, hygienic and clean but at the end of the day...still an arsehole.

Huh. That one wasn't bad. He might have to save that one for later.

What he couldn't save for later, however, was the pounding fucking headache that threatened to split his head in half, like a pair of burly Dwarves were pounding his head with some kind of weird vibro-hammer shit. He could feel the sticky, hot moisture of blood running down his nose - an experimental lick confirmed it, the sharp tang of fresh iron spiking his tongue with its acrid texture - and, from the way his ears were ringing, probably there too. Fucking...Madtown. Why Madtown? Why on Gods barren and blasted fucking Earth had he decided to come to Madtown? He couldn't even blame the Universe for this one, this was just him being a moron. He staggered his way to his feet, pushing himself up as his Power Armour creaked and whirred with his body, picking himself up off of the floor after the third fucking psychic blast knocked him to the ground. His brain was so rattled and shaken that he was honestly having trouble remembering how they'd been downed in the first place. They'd been clinging onto the inside of the aircraft, looking for a good place to drop to salvage and secure the Cargo...then warnings over the radio...shaking, tearing, something like a wing flying off and taking the entirety of the port side of the ship with it...falling, then a crunch. Hazy coming to, followed by several agonising psychic blasts that forced him to the ground... he shook his head as he staggered to a stand, gathering his gun from where it lay beside him on the roof where he'd crashed. He checked his belt. Grenades, sword...yhup, everything there. A quick diagnostics showed that everything in his armour was as in as good a state of repair as he could hope for...so now...just to work out what the fuck to do.

"Fuckin'... sure, Marc, go t' Madtown. The pay'll be fuckin' great, what could possibly fuckin' go wrong? Fuckin' piece'a shit aircraft, fuckin' rockets, fuckin' psychic bullshit..." He grumbled to himself as he steadied himself. Were the others dead? Not that he gave a shit in the grand scheme of things, but...well, it would be easier to get out of this madhouse - or Town, as the case may be - with company. He was misanthropic, not a moron. He glanced around, attempting to take stock of the situation...and then he saw it. Sven, his least hated asshole of the group...and...was that another band of Mercs? Nobody he recognised, at least, and given their obvious tech advantage and numbers, it wasn't too much of a stretch to assume that they might have had something to do with their crash. Attacking head on would be suicidal, of course, but if Sven was in the middle of spilling his guts - which he seemed to be doing entirely too readily; given the headache he had, could they have some Psychic Bullshit Artist on standby? If so, that was not exactly a good thing - then did he have any choice? At the least, he might be able to bluff the fuckers into hesitating, start blasting, grab Sven and get the hell out of this God-forsaken piece of failed real estate. But he couldn't do it from where he was; too exposed, too visible...and after what just happened, he didn't want to risk taking too much fire. He had no idea how much integrity his PA's armour had just lost. He growled in the back of his throat. Well, he was fucked either way, and trying to go out alone was suicidal in this neck of the woods. Reckless frontal attack it was, he supposed.

He took a small sidestep and dropped to the ground, off of the roof of the building. It wasn't a far drop, but he still bent his knees on impact just in case; it wouldn't be very effective to break his knees when he was attempting a daring rescue, now would it? Lifting his rifle and arming his shoulder-cannon, he walked forwards slowly to the edge of the alleyway he'd dropped into. He briefly considered giving the assholes a chance to hand Sven over without a fight, but looking at them...well. They'd shot them down, had him captured on a roof, had Sven at gunpoint and - despite the absence of vehicles or Robots or shit like that - still had him massively outnumbered. And given his poor vantage point, the seven or eight he could see were quite possibly not the only people there. Hell, the only reason this plan wasn't suicidal in the first place was that he was in an undamaged Power Armour, and they didn't even have fucking helmets. Even then...if he made a wrong move, this could get bloody dicey. He took a deep breath, shaking his head...Sven better be grateful for this, damnit. He swore to fucking God, if that moron had gotten his brain scrambled or given away sensitive intel to these other arseholes, well...Marcus would not be happy. Of course, he was never happy, so he'd just be...more not happy. Ugh. This headache. It was scrambling his brains now. The sooner he fucked off outta there, the better. There was one thing that would make him feel better, though...and that was these assholes bleeding on the ground. He grit his teeth...and opened fire.

OOC Comments
Rolls:

Combat (All Damage = MD unless noted otherwise):
Attacks: 7

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7
Attack 1: 1d20+6 = 14 Thumper Dual-Assault Rifle. Tear Gas. (-10 to strike, parry and dodge, -3 on initiative and lose one melee attack as long as they are in the gas cloud and for 1D6+1 melee rounds after exiting it; protected individuals suffer no penalties). 25ft Radius. 1d6+1 = 2
Attack 2: 1d20+6 = 25 Thumper Dual-Assault Rifle. IF Bandits on Roof remain in place, Fragmentation Grenade (3d6 = 12, 12 Ft Radius). IF not, Chamelone Laser Rifle below and Smoke Grenade as Attack 7 (40ft Radius).
Attack 3-7: Chameleon Laser Rifle. 1d20+7 = 22 1d20+7 = 15 1d20+7 = 11 1d20+7 = 17 1d20+7 = 24, Damage 2d6 MD. 2d6 = 82d6 = 6 2d6 = 3 2d6 = 11 2d6 = 7

IF Enemies close, Attack 2-6, draw sword and attack w/ Vibrosword, +9 Strike, +11 Parry.
1d20+9 = 18 1d20+9 = 22 1d20+9 = 16 1d20+9 = 23 1d20+9 = 11
1d20+11 = 28 1d20+11 = 14 1d20+11 = 30 1d20+11 = 17 1d20+11 = 27
3d6 = 10 3d6 = 15 3d6 = 10 3d6 = 7 3d6 = 11

Perception:
1d20 = 8

JIC #1
1d20 = 12

JIC #2
1d100 = 30
Last edited by Marcus Dulaclen on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Marcus Dulaclen
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:03 am

Perception: 1d20+11 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 15

Radio Basic: 1d100 = 56/108%

Ecks sees Sven mouth "help" which causes him to reconsider the situation. So is this guy asking for help from the bri-storm or is this guy under some duress from the rocket team up there? And if we get hit with one more of those storms in the next few seconds I may just take a nap here for a while. I wonder if Bri is still conscious up there.

"You still operational Bri? Listen, something's not right here. Watch the rocket team. Be ready to shoot down missiles. he groans in the radio.

Ecks leaps to his feet, grabbing Sven by his armor's collar and racing out of sight, putting whatever he can between the rocket team and them. Ecks decides to let his paranoia do the driving for a bit. Minks warning about removing his helmet makes him cautious of Sven's condition. He is also unsure who is the greater concern here. Pulling out his NG-45 he readies to fire on ANY hostiles, including Sven if he gets froggy. "Get your helmet on!" he hisses angrily to Sven. "Explain. Now!" He barks.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18 (+4 when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 55

Current Conditions: Energy Field surrounding Stacinaut.

As Sel sat in the driver's seat, she idly watched Ecks talking with the other group when she notices a Blue Boy power armor jumping off the roof and firing off gas cannisters in to the group on the ground and attacking. What the hells? Is that Victor? What's going on? Is he normally a bloodthirsty maniac or is the mental pressure of Madhaven causing him to snap? Sel's thoughts were racing as she tried to sort everything out. Sel quickly changes seats to the gunner's console and activates Staci's weapon systems as she sends out a quick radio message. "Speakman, I would hunker down in that Cargonaut if I were you! Boss, what's going on?"

Contingency
If anyone attacks Staci, Sel will reply in kind.

Combat Data
Attacks per Melee: 7 (5 from Hand to Hand: Basic at Level 4, 2 from RPA Combat: Elite since she never took the time to get out of her power armor.
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21

Action #1: Fire Rail Gun Turret 1d20 = 7 Damage 4d6 = 16 MD
Action #2: Fire Rail Gun Turret 1d20 = 8 Damage 4d6 = 10 MD
Action #3: Fire Rail Gun Turret 1d20 = 2 Damage 4d6 = 11 MD
Action #4: Fire Rail Gun Turret 1d20 = 19 Damage 4d6 = 15 MD OR recast Energy Field throughout Stacinaut if the current Energy Field drops below 1/6 power (10 MDC or less)
Action #5: Fire Rail Gun Turret 1d20 = 18 Damage 4d6 = 13 MD OR recast Energy Field throughout Stacinaut if the current Energy Field drops below 1/6 power (10 MDC or less)
Action #6: Fire Rail Gun Turret 1d20 = 18 Damage 4d6 = 13 MD OR recast Energy Field throughout Stacinaut if the current Energy Field drops below 1/6 power (10 MDC or less)
Action #7: Fire Rail Gun Turret 1d20 = 4 Damage 4d6 = 8 MD OR recast Energy Field throughout Stacinaut if the current Energy Field drops below 1/6 power (10 MDC or less)
Selenidaria

Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 36/90
ISP: 17/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP
User avatar
Selenidaria
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 78
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 7 (+2 more vs. robots & PA)

Ecks wrote:Backing away to towards the Morning Glory, he also hears Victor radio. "Doesn't look good. Keep your eyes open. Mick, be ready for evasive action."


"Roger that Ecks I...break, wait one...", Victor interrupts himself when he spots the the N-G Blue Boy not far off and continues in precise rapid fire speech, "Ecks you've got an N-G-X-4-4 to the West-Northwest of you...about 3 stories...wait, it just dropped to ground level. It's moving in on you....I'm moving to intercept!"

Victor grabs his NE-97 from the rifle rack and moves to the opening next to the door gun he was just using, turning his head towards the cockpit, "Mick, keep this thing steady...once I'm clear of the door take her up to max altitude. I don't think Ecks meant this thing to be used as a gunship, so keep clear if it hits the fan! Dropping now!". Victor does a hop, feet first, to clear the door and to avoid as much of the thruster wash as possible. Being only 50 feet off the ground he lets the power suits systems absorb the short drop without using the jetpack. Once he hits the ground he moves at the Prophets top speed in order to put himself between Ecks and the mercs, but primarily keeps his attention on the unknown Blue Boy.

Contingency:
If any of the enemy fire on any AAPS forces, Victor will open fire, concentrating first on enemies shooting at Ecks and/or Drake until they can get mounted on their vehicles. If the Blue Boy opens fire on AAPS he will make it his priority target.


Action #1: Radio Ecks
Action #2: Give Mick instructions
Action #3: Jump out the Sled door and begin moving toward Ecks and company
Action #4: Finish move to the...battle-area?
Action #5: Fire NE-97 on 3 pulse burst at enemy target, but only if needed; Strike: 1d20+5 = 15, Damage: 6d6+6 = 32 MD.
Action #6: Fire NE-97 on 3 pulse burst at enemy target, but only if needed; Strike: 1d20+5 = 19, Damage: 6d6+6 = 29 MD.
Action #7: Fire NE-97 on 3 pulse burst at enemy target, but only if needed; Strike: 1d20+5 = 6, Damage: 6d6+6 = 33 MD.
Action #8: Fire NE-97 on 3 pulse burst at enemy target, but only if needed; Strike: 1d20+5 = 23, Damage: 6d6+6 = 21 MD.
Action #9: Fire NE-97 on 3 pulse burst at enemy target, but only if needed; Strike: 1d20+5 = 19, Damage: 6d6+6 = 30 MD.

Auto dodge #1: 1d20+7 = 13
Auto dodge #2: 1d20+7 = 19
Auto dodge #3: 1d20+7 = 26
Auto dodge #4: 1d20+7 = 8
Auto dodge #5: 1d20+7 = 26
Auto dodge #6: 1d20+7 = 26
Auto dodge #7: 1d20+7 = 24
Auto dodge #8: 1d20+7 = 9
Auto dodge #9: 1d20+7 = 13

{Skill Rolls}
Pilot: Robots & PA; 91%/1d100 = 19% (PASS)


Mick:
Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 80
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 9

Once Victor has jumped and hit the ground, Mick moves the Sled up to 120' and at least 250" back the way the group came from.

Action #1: Dodge; 1d20+3 = 14
Action #2: Dodge; 1d20+3 = 15
Action #3: Dodge; 1d20+3 = 7
Action #4: Dodge; 1d20+3 = 22
Action #5: Dodge; 1d20+3 = 8
Action #6: Dodge; 1d20+3 = 5
Victor Singer
Worn on Person
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
NE-4 Pistol
(5) TX-6 speed loaders
(6) NE-4 clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
Bronze Level Patron
Bronze Level Patron
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Rose Dandy-Ba » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:13 am

((Rolls carried over))

Behind her face mask, Rose gave a tight grin. She couldn’t for the life of her figure out why anyone would ever want out of this place? A glance at her surroundings showed it to be a paradise to some of the city rats she’d once run with, if they could get past the psionic dissonance that was here at least.

She tilted her head to the side and let out a low unsure chitter to herself, a habit she’d tried to break in this form but the sounds she made were so ingrained. “Rose. They call me Rose. It’s nice to meet you Maude.” She walked slowly next to the larger D-Bee as they left the building. She took down as much of the area as she could hoping that her jouster would still be in one piece when she got back. She could always steal another one if she had to, but she didn’t want to steal another one. That one was just right now. It’d taken a lot of effort to get it painted and decorated and tuned just right for her. She’d have to go through it all again if it were stolen.

“You said there’s veggies? I don’t suppose there’s a bit of protein to go with it is there? I’m not terribly picky when it comes to protein.” Not since she normally ate bugs anyway, they were way cheaper than getting actual cow or chicken, a glance at her traveling companion made her feel a little bad for some of the meals she’d had in the past. She continued to examine the creature that walked with her. Friendly, tall and strange described so many creatures that she’d run across in jail and out. Still Rose couldn’t recall ever encountering anything like this one. “If you don’t mind me asking, Maude. What race are you? I can’t recall ever seeing anyone like you before.” She gave a smile, pulling her helmet off and letting her large fox ears stand erect and giving her another six inches of height. “I’m an anthro,” she lied, a lie she’d told so long that she almost could believe it. Her parents had been, so why couldn’t she be? Sure she could be an elf or a human or a dwarf or a dog but this was her base form. She was an anthro in form and maybe in spirit. Weren’t foxes supposed to be mischievous?

She kept her weapon holstered now but her hand rested on her hip where the revolver sat. She didn’t want to pull it on this creature that was being kind and polite but prison had taught her not to completely lower her guard. Trust by verify she’d been taught. And she was going to verify that Maude wasn’t taking her into a trap. With the explosions in the distance or whatever those were it wouldn’t be safe to assume she was clear of danger. No, never assume you’re clear of danger. Bel had taught her that.
Rose Dandy-ba
HP: 12
SDC: 111/111
ISP: 70/70
PPE: 8
NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: • Helmet: 40• Arms: 20 each• Legs: 30 each• Main Body: 80
Bandito BigBore "Big Boss" Magnum Revolver: 4 Shots
1 E-Clip

You can find Jan at
Discord: JEFLINT#7055 or LINE: JEFLINT or GoogleHangouts: JEFLINT@gmail.com
User avatar
Rose Dandy-Ba
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:43 am
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Brianna Clarke » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 69

1d10 = 8

Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 100 (40%)

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 84/170 (x10)

Brianna smiles to herself when she recovers faster than she normally would from the effects of the mind storm. Her smile grows when she is easily able to figure out the head count of the crazy mercenary group and the change of the missile team. Her good feelings don't last that long, however, as she is hit with another mind storm in a short period of time. Clutching her head, Brianna cries out in pain and closes her eyes, hoping it won't last long this time. Once the pain has ended, she'll stop the bleeding and try to breathe deeply, hoping the next mind storm won't knock her unconscious for a long period of time. She'd already been in a coma recently - she wasn't eager to repeat the scenario.

"You still operational Bri? Listen, something's not right here. Watch the rocket team. Be ready to shoot down missiles." he groans in the radio.


After a couple of moment, Brianna replies over the radio, her voice sounding strained. "Yeah, I'm still operational." For now, anyway' When Ecks tells her to watch the rocket team, she replies "I'll do my best." Brianna attempts to shake off the effects of the latest mind storm and focus on the missile team in case she has to shoot down any missiles that might come her way.
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 23
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 67
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 45%/1d100 = 29 (SUCCESS)
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 56 - how do I get rid of them?? tell me or give me a page reference, pretty please (SUCCESS)
See the Invisible active (duration 20/20 melees: Range: 120 ft; RUE 175 -4 ISP)
Back Flip 90%/1d100 = 3 (CRIT SUCCESS)
Jet Packs 74%/1d100 = 90 (SUCCESS)

Maniacal Laugh wrote:"Look, you hear the voices right? Well, they drive people crazy. Do crazy things. Crazy things. We're just trying to get strong enough to go home."

Recovering from the latest whammy, Mink recovers her wits as well. Over team comms and not over loudspeaker she speaks. She's obviously not talking to Sven, but the team. "That'd be great if it was you talking there Sven-i-boy. Of course right now it's the possessing entity that's got all of you in it's thrall. I hate entities. No one here can do exorcisms can they? Anyway, they are whammied by a possessing entity." She looks around in the non-visible spectrum while racking her brain on how to get rid of them.

Being hit by yet another is a test even of her well trained patience. Radio mic and loudspeaker muted, she swears in her native tongue "Verdammte Frau, selbst kontrollieren!"* Of course no one would ever be able to make anything out, even in close quarters. And then some idiot in northern gun power armor charges them, firing off something...gas. 'Uggh, now it's going to be in my cloak. I like that thing!' She pulls her rifle and fires the smoke grenade loaded first. She cranks up her loudspeaker.
"Stand down, anyone who fights dies. You have a power armor and small arms, we have an artillery robot. Be smart. If we wanted you dead, you would be."

With that she flips six to twelve feet into the air and activates her jetpack midflight


Combat Information
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 12
Action 1: Pull Rifle from its place on her shoulder and ready it. Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 19
Action 2: Fire Blue Smoke Rifle Grenade in front of Marcus and talk over loudspeaker. 1d20 = 7 Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 15
Action 3: Run, jump up and away, before activating jetpack to fly to the top of the Morning Glory. It's a dramatic movement meant to draw attention. Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 13
Action 4: Fire at anyone firing on her or the team 1d20+5 = 8 1d6*10 = 20+10=30 M.D.; Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 7
Action 5: Fire at anyone firing on her or the team 1d20+5 = 11 1d6*10 = 50+10=60 M.D.; Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 14
Action 6: Fire at anyone firing on her or the team 1d20+5 = 24 1d6*10 = 50+10=60 M.D.; Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 18
Action 7: Fire at anyone firing on her or the team 1d20+5 = 22 1d6*10 = 10+10=20 M.D.; Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 20
Action 8: Fire at anyone firing on her or the team 1d20+5 = 23 1d6*10 = 10+10=20 M.D.; Autododge any incoming attack 1d20+4 = 23


* Damn woman, control yourself!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

PreviousNext

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest