NEW YORK DOLLS

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Mink » Mon May 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 86

Mink snorts a hint of laugher, gets up, and heads back to her power armor, mostly for the warmth. She pops her faceplate once she is mounted up and walks over towards Marcus. "So you're walking especially pissy. And I heard had questions about the explosive psychic phenomena Briana is suffering from. I'm about as close to an expert as you're going to find aside from the lady herself. My speciality is intelligence gathering and analysis. I would apologize for not talking to you earlier, but honestly, you're a big boy and we were in a damn hostile situation, so I'll ask you to get over it and ask your questions." Her tone is even and frank, not sugar coating anything.It also manages not to challenge him or sound aggressive. Simply informational.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Mon May 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Victor Singer wrote:((Rolls carried over))

Victor waits for a quiet/silent spot in the conversation before asking, "Soooo...no group hug?".

"Marcus may check his pockets but I'm fresh out." Ecks says dead even. He watches Mink leave to track down Marcus. Well hopefully she'll have some luck there.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Tue May 08, 2018 12:08 am

OOC Comments
Marcus didn't get particularly far in his admittedly somewhat moody stalking of the perimeter before he was disturbed by yet another of the Chucklefucks, slipping her way up beside him. Now, he hadn't seen her in the group yet properly, but it was a reasonable assumption to make; she looked like fuckin' nothin' else in this goddamn place, and the assholes around the clearing were giving her just as wide a berth as they were him. Obviously she was an outsider, and if she was walking up to him, then she obviously at least knew vaguely who he was. He scowled inside his helmet at her tone; so fuckin' haughty and fuckin' arrogant. He didn't appreciate being treated like a moody fuckin' child, 'specially when - on this occasion, at least - he hadn' even fuckin' said anything that bad in the firs' fuckin place. No doubt that psycho bitch had already told 'em all that he'd been some huge asshole to her, and judgin' by how the others seemed to treat her, he'd be lucky if they even bothered t' fuckin ask him what happened. Groups like this were all the same in that way. Not that he could blame 'em, really, since they didn' know him all that well, but it still chafed a little. He suppressed the urge to let out a sharp growl.

"Well howd'-fuckin'-do t' y', t'," he snarked grouchily, "nice t' fuckin' meetcha."

It wasn't, but the sarcasm was implied. A hostile situation? Fuck that. Yeah, in the middle of a firefight, sure. But when they were all loadin' up to move along and everybody was dead? Or in the transport movin' on down the road when they'd all been on comms? Yeah, fuck that. It was an excuse, nothing more. How hard was it t' jus' say "Sorry, I fuckin' forgot t' mention it?" Jesus Fuck, these assholes.

"Yeah. This fuckin' "Big Boy" has s'me fuckin' questions. Didn' get t' ask 'em t' Sel 'fore she went all fuckin' Psycho Bitch on me, though. The whole "Why'd y' not think t' warn me 'fore I joined up, or after it happen'd th' firs' fuckin' time" c'n wait 'till I've had that chat with Cap'n Stick In Th' Ass." He stopped walking and held up a finger. "One. What th' fuck is causin' that shit, 'n can she control it?" He held up a second finger. "D' y' know how t' fuckin stop it?" He held up a third finger. "Three, 's there a way t' stop it knockin' us on our asses every five fuckin' minutes?" That about covered the basics, at least. He'd have more pointed fuckin' words for Stick In The Ass later, and if Soldier Boy wanted t' take issue with what'd happened with him and Sel...well, he could fuckin' bite him.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Victor Singer » Tue May 08, 2018 6:00 am

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"Marcus may check his pockets but I'm fresh out." Ecks says dead even. He watches Mink leave to track down Marcus. Well hopefully she'll have some luck there.

Victor emulates Mink's snorting chuckle as he takes a drink before responding with, "Yeah right...next to the ray of fucking sunshine...". Looking around the the mostly finished off food he looks to Ecks again, "So...are we waiting to be briefed by these people or what?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 08, 2018 6:19 am

Ecks nods. "Yes. I'm ok to wait a little though. All the briefing means is that it will be that much quicker that we're back out there in that nightmare. Madhaven's turning out to be everything it promised. Well except this place. I wonder how this place was preserved. Magic no doubt. I don't know about you, but it makes me wonder if there could be other places like this. Some of the old world preserved. It's cool and sad at the same time. Not that we want to spend a lot of time here, but there have got to be some artifacts here. Things worth bringing out. Once we get you sorted Bri, we might take a few moments to see what we can collect." he says, presuming that Brianna's cure is close at hand. Though he says it off the cuff, it's a hope he has that the garden has bolstered.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Tue May 08, 2018 11:37 am

(Rolls held)

If Mink seems concerned by his behavior, she doesn't show it, though behind the iron held mask of a Ishpeming trained merc, the German born spy in her groaned at the stupidity of this vulgar animal. "I didn't tell you because it was not a conversation to be had over a radio, and I was on point the entire time. Hard to get intelligence from the rear without some sort of separate squad of scouts. We don't have that here. Ecks isn't the sort to give more than objectives, from what I've seen. His people trust he's looking out for their best interests. I trust that too, despite how little time I've known the man. So we're clear, I don't work for AAPS. I'm an independent contractor working for their employer. Though after all this, I might look at signing on. They are good loyal folk."

"With regard to Sel, she took out her own issues on you, not that you made it any easier by acting like a right ass. You can stand to be a hell of a lot nicer and still distrust the world and everyone in it. This vulgar and angry defense mechanism of yours doesn't help matters. But that's between you two. Ecks told her to sit down and solve it with you. He's big on us working as a team, and I couldn't agree more. "

"As to what the psychic phenomena is? We aren't sure. We do know it is a telepathic assault that affects any mind complex enough to know emotions or thought. It also scares the hell out of everything else. It constitutes one of the two reasons we are in Madhaven. We have it on good authority that left on its own, it will end the world. The second reason is to map the east coast."

"Which brings us to the second subquestion: No, she cannot control it. We have noted that it is just as detrimental to the denizens of this city, including the various spirits and that overwhelming sense of malaise. I wish she could control it, and maybe aim it some. But it is some sort of feedback loop caused by temporal dissonance..." she stops realizing she was getting too technical. "Anyway, be glad you're not psychic. It's not just something that knocks you out. Something is trying to communicate and it's not good for her or us."

"As to how to stop it and how to not have it knock us out every five minutes, that is why we are here; talking to these people. Everything we've learned says they can help us. They are preparing to meet with us, and we're taking the chance to rest while NOT in the middle of a madness inducing hellscape. Eat a little food. While a lot of you were out cold a few of us, Victor, Bri and myself were fighting off a horde of undead and the necromancer trying to control them. I had to do that entire fight hand to hand. I'm exhausted, in need of a shower, and ready to go relax. You got any more questions? As to where to go from here, you can go with us or you can stay here if they'll let you. We're heading south along the coast from here. Make a lot of money, see a lot of new things. Could be fun. Could be a sorry slog through the wilderness. Make your decision before we leave."
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Drake » Tue May 08, 2018 1:19 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Drake keeps his walk short distance, not wanting to be too far away from the group. After a few minutes, Drake makes his way back to the others and finds a place to post, leaning his shoulder against a wall, while taking in the room they're in. Drake sighs and begins speaking, but to no one in particular.

"In Montana, there is a citadel that was created by the Cyber-Knight order's founder Lord Coake. It's a strikingly beautiful place. Almost all Cyber-Knights go there at some point in their training. I went there when I was almost eighteen winters... give or take. It's there that Cyber-Knights get their cyber-armor and tend to learn how to manifest their psi-swords." Drake says with a sound of melancholy.

"It's a beautiful place with serene gardens and majestic views. A peaceful place for all who can find it. This place here reminds me of it a lot, and it saddens me to the core because of it." Drake finishes with sadness in his voice.

"I am curious to meet this council of theirs. I wonder how it compares to the council of the Cyber-Knights?"
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Ecks is surprised by Drake's memories. "This is the first I've heard you talk about it. It sounds like a beautiful place. It would be something to see it some time. But that's a ways out west isn't it? Did you ever meet Lord Coake?" he asks the one time Cyber-Knight. Ecks had always been inspired by the tales of Cyber-Knights. He's been less than inspired by the breakdown of the order. In his heart he hopes for a day where they would be reunited. He believes that people need heroes, that good thing to aspire towards.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Ecks wrote:Ecks is surprised by Drake's memories. "This is the first I've heard you talk about it. It sounds like a beautiful place. It would be something to see it some time. But that's a ways out west isn't it? Did you ever meet Lord Coake?" he asks the one time Cyber-Knight. Ecks had always been inspired by the tales of Cyber-Knights. He's been less than inspired by the breakdown of the order. In his heart he hopes for a day where they would be reunited. He believes that people need heroes, that good thing to aspire towards.

Drake sighs. "Yeah its a ways out west. It was something to behold, though I don't think I'd be much welcome there anymore. I saw him from a distance a few times, but never met him personally. There may come a time when the order is reunited, but there is some serious bad blood flowing at the moment. Tolkeen was, is a sore subject."
Drake
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Ecks listens to Drake speak and considers what he says. "Well I was in Ishpeming for all of that. Of course we saw refugees coming in afterwards and heard a lot about it on the news and such since it was on our border. When the CS walked through the hive is what really had us concerned." But he stops there. What Tolkeen should or should not have done was a politically charged conversation. At the time as the war was winding up, he was firmly in the Coalition's camp politically. However by the end of the war his thoughts had changed considerably. He had always thought the Coalition's refusal to let its human citizens use magic as absurd. What changed was his view towards D-bees. He still has strong fealty towards his human brothers and sisters and views earth as human kind's rightful home, but has come to accept that d-bees are and will be a permanent part of the landscape. And some of them may prove to be critical for earth's survival, humans included.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Tue May 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Ecks wrote:Ecks listens to Drake speak and considers what he says. "Well I was in Ishpeming for all of that. Of course we saw refugees coming in afterwards and heard a lot about it on the news and such since it was on our border. When the CS walking through the hive is what really had us concerned."

Drake looks away for a moment. "I was gone before Holmes made his triumphant entrance into Tolkeen. I left after the event known as the Sorcerer's Revenge. I made my way southwest and spent a while down there. Eventually I made my way back east and the rest you know. I'll be honest when I say I don't know if Tolkeen deserved what happened to it. It doesn't really matter anymore I guess, the brotherhood is broken on the anvil of war. Now we walk as ghosts made of shadows and dust. From earth we come and to earth we return." Drake says, quoting his old master. Damn bastard likely knew what the future held. Drake thinks morosely.
Drake
M.D.C. by Location:
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 08, 2018 6:21 pm

The operator looks at the once cyber-knight unsure if there is an adequate answer. Now more than ever the world needs people like the cyber-knights, like the glitterboy's of old, perhaps like the knights of this order they are guests of. He wonders if the fracture in the cyber-knights might lead to a stronger order. The reach of the Coalition grows but even the emperor can't live forever. There are dozens if not hundreds of powers ready to destroy everything. The mechanoids were just one fresh reminder of how tenuous the current situation on earth is. Ecks realizes there isn't anything he can do to change Drake's mind but he would like to know the Drake before his conviction was shattered. Taking another drink of tea, he reclines as best he can and watches the people at peace.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue May 08, 2018 7:32 pm

Sel considers her options as she hungrily eats the food in front of her. Ecks made it clear that she, and she alone had to speak to Marcus about the earlier incident. He clearly doesn't care if she becomes friends with Marcus, just that they had to be willing to work with one another, which meant at the very least they had to trust each other. Ecks also said that vulnerability helped convey sincerity, but she didn't know how much more vulnerable she could be out of her Chippy, inadequate as it was when compared to Marcus's own power armor that he strutted around in, until an idea sparked in her head. Finishing off the food on her plate and then the rest of the liquid that was given to her to drink, she scurried off back to Staci with her head bent down until she was close enough to feel her way back to the side hatch for her home and went inside to grab her parasol, Scott, and the controls for the drone.

She opens the parasol up and scans the area, looking for where he was now. Seeing Mink talking to him, she carefully makes her way to where they stood, ever being cognizant of trying to hide as much of the open space from sight while still seeing where Marcus and Mink were so she didn't veer off course on accident. She slows her speed walking toward them as her mind suddenly fills with doubt when she gets with in 100 feet of them. She takes a calming breath to steady herself and forces herself to get closer until she's close enough to be heard without yelling. "Hey, I wanted to apologize about earlier. I realize I was out of line for what I had said. I had made some assumptions of what you were thinking and feeling based on your tone and the way you were talking, and as we all know, assumptions make an ass out of you and me. But as a peace offering, I'd still would like for you to test Scott out for me. I have faith in you." Sel says to Marcus, holding the drone and its control unit out to him.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 29/29
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 109/109
ISP: 25/35

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Tue May 08, 2018 8:26 pm

OOC Comments
Well, wasn't she a picture of trust and good faith? He rolled his eyes as she tried to lecture him on the necessities of command - he really wasn't interested; she was making a lot of assumptions about him and his history if she thought that he didn't understand the basics of "need to know information" and the inability to perform a thorough briefing in the field, and as such, her opinion on his attitude meant less to him than the dirt on the bottom of his shoe, as did her opinion of the group as a whole. He was not one to take the opinion of somebody he'd literally just met as gospel, after all. He'd met "independent contractors" like her before, all steely self control on the outside, but on the inside? All judgement, all arrogance, all thinking that they knew everybody else better than they knew themselves and assuming details that they had no right or cause to assume. See, she saw him and he knew what she thought she saw. Arrogant, acerbic, aggressive...he was an asshole, somebody who didn't care about anybody but himself and who always caused trouble by not knowing when to shut his gob. And to a certain degree, yeah, that was true.

He was an asshole and he made no apologies and excuses for it. But there was a lot more to him than that, not that she would care to see it, and just because he was foul mouthed didn't mean he was stupid or ignorant or barely functional like some kind of filthy animal. She thought she could hide it, but he could see the contempt, he could hear the scorn. Barely a minute, she'd been speaking to him, and already she'd written him off as some thuggish brute not worth listening to. Of course, he knew that Sel's own bullshit had something to do with that. She'd obviously been running her fat fuckin gob to her mates about what an asshole he was, and they all assumed that he'd said some shit that set her off. Well, wouldn't Little Miss Contractor here feel pretty fuckin' stupid if she knew what had actually happened, eh? Coming in with preconceptions on what he'd done and what had happened and assuming that he was just some thuggish brute that had upset her precious little fuckin snowflake Sel. Well, fuck her. And fuck that whole "Oh, Ecks has the trust of his men so you should accept that he lied by omission" bullshit.

See, trusting somebody to give out the relevant information at the right time was all good and well, but that kind of trust had to be fuckin' earned, and she could swear until she was blue in th' fuckin' face that Ecks deserved it, but he ain't seen none of that shit. And not explaining his decisions and simply giving out objectives in the heat of the moment? That was one thing. Inviting somebody to join and not telling them what the risks were (for example, possibly fatal psychic storms on a regular fuckin' basis) was either fuckin' stupid or fuckin' manipulative. And learning that he'd joined the group under false pretences without being told something pretty damn important that might well have changed his decision had he known? That was not a good fuckin' start, and it was not something that inspired a lot of trust in somebody who'd only known the asshole for a day.

"Tha's all well and good, bu' I don' give a Bonefiends Skeletal fucking tit whether y' fuckin like him or not. He invited me t' fuckin' join up 'n forgot t' fuckin' mention that one of his crew was sportin' some fuckin psychic curse that could end up fuckin' killin' me. If he had time t' fuckin' chinwag with Soldier Boy as we loaded up, 'n if Soldier Boy had fucking time t' chatter to y' lot on the journey, y' had time t' give me a quick lowdown on wha' I needed t' fuckin' know. I've known him for less'n a fuckin' hour, so no. I ain' gonna fuckin' trust him jus' like that. If he wan's tha' kinda trus' from me, he's gonna have't' prove tha' he fuckin' deserves 't firs'. 'N he ain' off t' a good start." He shook his head firmly, then took a small step towards her. He ignored the explanation about the Psychic Storms for now. Well, not ignored; he took everything on board, of course, storing it away for future unpacking. End of the world? Fuckin' bullshit, that didn' sound too fuckin' good. Of course she couldn' control it, that was expected, and he wasn' angry at her for bein' in trouble with a curse or some shit like that. He was angry at Captain Stick In The Ass and Soldier Boy for not thinkin' t' fuckin' warn him. But no. No, he wanted to bite this little "You fucked over Sel" shit in the arse right here and now. He was about done with getting blamed for shit that he didn't actually do.

"'N for your fuckin' information, Miss Contractor, I didn' do shit t' that Psycho Bitch. You wanna know wha' fuckin' happened? Prob'bly not, since y've already got it in y' fuckin' head that I'm some feral fuckin' animal tha's always in th' wrong, but I'll fuckin' tell ya anyway. She was havin' a fuckin' Agoraphobic Attack. People were fuckin' fanny'n around withou' fuckin' doin' nothin', so I heaved her the fuck up and popped her back in her fuckin' tin can. Seen that fuckin' phobia shit before, 'n the best way t' deal with it 's t' take th' Phobia away from 'em. She calmed down right fuckin' quick, 'n was all fuckin' pleas'nt 'n excited. Bit weird, but fuck it, I've seen stranger. Had a nice fuckin' chat 'bout her li'l fuckin' copter dohicky, 'n she asked me t' take 't for a test drive. I compl'men'd her on the fuckin' design 'n the idea, but refused since th' maiden voyage should always belong t' th' fuckin' inventor th'mselves, no' some asshole off th' street. Seem'd t' be goin' jus' fuckin' fine, so I asked her 'bout those fuckin' Psychic Bullshitstorms. Tha's when I learned tha' Captain Stick In The Ass'd left out s'm pretty fuckin' vital info when he pitched this whole team-up shit t' me, but did I yell at her? No. Did I insult her or her mates? Fuck no. I asked, right fuckin' calmly, if I was understandin' her prop'ly, that this "Bri" was th' cause 'n tha' everybody b' me knew 'bout it." He snorted. "'n then she went fuckin' ballistic on m', hurled all kindsa insults 'n accusation's at me, 'n tried t' storm off like I'd just fuckin' kicked her fuckin' dog and called her copter shit. You migh' not wanna fuckin' believe this, sweetie, but y'r little Sel went fuckin' psycho f'r no fuckin' reason. So 'fore y' come over wi' half th' fuckin' story 'n accuse me'a doin' some sorta asshole shit, why don' y' try getting y'r intel right. Fuck, there mus' be cameras on th' inside'a tha' tin can. Go check 'em y'self if y' don' believe me."

He shook his head firmly. Why the fuck did he bother? It wasn' like she was gonna believe him. She'd already made up her mind about him, as ill informed and arrogant as her opinion was, 'n when people decided that somebody was just some stupid, vulgar brute that had nothing to say that was worth listening to, it was almost impossible to get them to change his mind. He span on his heel, and made to stalk off away from her. These little chucklefucks were startin' t' seriously get on his tits.

Of course, that was when he saw somebody very unexpected making her timid little way towards him. Well fuck, wasn't this fuckin' great? Was she comin' back to get some more licks in? Had she finished gobbin' off about how much of a fuckin' cunt he was to th' rest of her l'il band of gobshites, and was coming over t' help Mink accuse him of doin' shit that he didn' do? He took a deep, steadying breath, doing his best to quell the rising surge of anger building in his chest. Exploding at her now would only reinforce peoples ideas that he was the one in the wrong, 'n if he wanted to get outta this fuckin' hell hole, he was stuck with them for the time being. That wouldn't be a pleasant experience if they all wanted t' feed him t' Ghouls. He closed his eyes and paused in his walk, steadying himself before she arrived, bracing himself to stop an outburst at whatever bullshit came out of her mouth next. Fuck, he needed a drink or six...but his canteen had ruptured in the crash, fuck it. How could anybody be fucking expected to handle Madhaven sober? And despite himself and his own indignant anger, he did feel a small spike of concern; if she'd been terrified of open spaces enough to curl into the fetal position before, what the actual fuck was she doing out and about now? But what came out...surprised him. He'd not been apologised to many times before in his life - surprisingly, nobody wanted to say sorry to the sweary asshole with anger management problems - and it was one thing that never failed to put him off guard a little. He sighed, glancing behind him towards Miss Contractor - as if to say "See? Told ya so." - before looking back at Sel.

"...'s fine," he said eventually, eyeing the drone in her hand. "Just don' take my language so fuckin' personal next time. I'm always fuckin' like this." He glanced at the drone again, then shook his head. "I apprec'ate it. Bu' my answer hasn' fuckin' changed. She's a fuckin' beaut, 'n I'd happily use her in a pinch, but this 's her Maiden fuckin' voyage. Tha' belongs t' the inventor, no' some random asshole y' picked up in th' street, 'n t's no' somethin' t' be fuckin' given away lightly, y' hear? Y' only get one first, 'fter all." And of course, if he ended up breaking it, not only would he actually feel a bit bad, he would not fucking hear the end of it he just knew it. He paused a little, then shook his head. "Should y' be out n' a-fuckin'-bout? Perhaps we sh'd have this chat somewhere th' fuck else." He glanced about. This was obviously not the best place for her to be, given her obvious Agoraphobia, and if she had another breakdown, he just fuckin' knew that it was going to be blamed on him somehow.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Mink » Wed May 09, 2018 7:19 am

(Rolls held)

Marcus Dulaclen wrote:"Tha's all well and good, bu' I don' give a Bonefiends Skeletal fucking tit whether y' fuckin like him or not. He invited me t' fuckin' join up 'n forgot t' fuckin' mention that one of his crew was sportin' some fuckin psychic curse that could end up fuckin' killin' me. If he had time t' fuckin' chinwag with Soldier Boy as we loaded up, 'n if Soldier Boy had fucking time t' chatter to y' lot on the journey, y' had time t' give me a quick lowdown on wha' I needed t' fuckin' know. I've known him for less'n a fuckin' hour, so no. I ain' gonna fuckin' trust him jus' like that. If he wan's tha' kinda trus' from me, he's gonna have't' prove tha' he fuckin' deserves 't firs'. 'N he ain' off t' a good start." He shook his head firmly, then took a small step towards her.

Inside the confines of her power armor, Mink controlled the reaction that would have left Marcus, power armor or no, on his ass for daring to step into her like that. But neither did she step away in retreat. She accepted his invasion of her space with stone faced lack of give-a-shit. "Then perhaps you should tell him, not the person trying to give you information. As for the telepathic explosions killing you, you don't have to be HERE for it to kill you. I told you it could end the world. I'd personally rather weather the storm and have a say in stopping said end of my own existence. As for trust, I don't give a damn whether you do or not. If you trust him or not does not enter into the calculus, except maybe in targeting. And that assumes I see you as a threat." A pissed off angry blowhard? sure. A threat? Not really. He was too predictable and too angry to be a threat she couldn't anticipate.
Marcus Dulaclen wrote:"'N for your fuckin' information, Miss Contractor, I didn' do shit t' that Psycho Bitch. You wanna know wha' fuckin' happened? Prob'bly not, since y've already got it in y' fuckin' head that I'm some feral fuckin' animal tha's always in th' wrong, but I'll fuckin' tell ya anyway. She was havin' a fuckin' Agoraphobic Attack. People were fuckin' fanny'n around withou' fuckin' doin' nothin', so I heaved her the fuck up and popped her back in her fuckin' tin can. Seen that fuckin' phobia shit before, 'n the best way t' deal with it 's t' take th' Phobia away from 'em. She calmed down right fuckin' quick, 'n was all fuckin' pleas'nt 'n excited. Bit weird, but fuck it, I've seen stranger. Had a nice fuckin' chat 'bout her li'l fuckin' copter dohicky, 'n she asked me t' take 't for a test drive. I compl'men'd her on the fuckin' design 'n the idea, but refused since th' maiden voyage should always belong t' th' fuckin' inventor th'mselves, no' some asshole off th' street. Seem'd t' be goin' jus' fuckin' fine, so I asked her 'bout those fuckin' Psychic Bullshitstorms. Tha's when I learned tha' Captain Stick In The Ass'd left out s'm pretty fuckin' vital info when he pitched this whole team-up shit t' me, but did I yell at her? No. Did I insult her or her mates? Fuck no. I asked, right fuckin' calmly, if I was understandin' her prop'ly, that this "Bri" was th' cause 'n tha' everybody b' me knew 'bout it." He snorted. "'n then she went fuckin' ballistic on m', hurled all kindsa insults 'n accusation's at me, 'n tried t' storm off like I'd just fuckin' kicked her fuckin' dog and called her copter shit. You migh' not wanna fuckin' believe this, sweetie, but y'r little Sel went fuckin' psycho f'r no fuckin' reason. So 'fore y' come over wi' half th' fuckin' story 'n accuse me'a doin' some sorta asshole shit, why don' y' try getting y'r intel right. Fuck, there mus' be cameras on th' inside'a tha' tin can. Go check 'em y'self if y' don' believe me."

Mink actually raises an eyebrow. "Actually what I said was the two of you have some issues to deal with and most of that lies with her. What I said about your attitude is general advice based on observing you previously in the field. Your spat with Sel had nothing to do with it. The fact you feel the need to defend yourself tells me you need to talk to her about it. I care about how you do the job. I'd prefer you not be such an asshole about it all. But in the end, I don't care. You do what you need to do to get by. If you have any further questions about what is going on, feel free to ask. If you want to bitch at Ecks about his leadership style and what he tells people he met an hour ago, take it up with him. But ask yourself this: precisely what incentive have you given him to trust you with a damn thing. You taking care of Sel is the first non-asshole thing you've done. And it was noticed by the way, hence why Sel got told to come deal with you about her own crap."
Selenidaria wrote:"Hey, I wanted to apologize about earlier. I realize I was out of line for what I had said. I had made some assumptions of what you were thinking and feeling based on your tone and the way you were talking, and as we all know, assumptions make an ass out of you and me. But as a peace offering, I'd still would like for you to test Scott out for me. I have faith in you." Sel says to Marcus, holding the drone and its control unit out to him.

Marcus Dulaclen wrote:He sighed, glancing behind him towards Miss Contractor - as if to say "See? Told ya so." - before looking back at Sel.

Mink merely smiles to them both.
Marcus Dulaclen wrote:"...'s fine," he said eventually, eyeing the drone in her hand. "Just don' take my language so fuckin' personal next time. I'm always fuckin' like this." He glanced at the drone again, then shook his head. "I apprec'ate it. Bu' my answer hasn' fuckin' changed. She's a fuckin' beaut, 'n I'd happily use her in a pinch, but this 's her Maiden fuckin' voyage. Tha' belongs t' the inventor, no' some random asshole y' picked up in th' street, 'n t's no' somethin' t' be fuckin' given away lightly, y' hear? Y' only get one first, 'fter all." And of course, if he ended up breaking it, not only would he actually feel a bit bad, he would not fucking hear the end of it he just knew it. He paused a little, then shook his head. "Should y' be out n' a-fuckin'-bout? Perhaps we sh'd have this chat somewhere th' fuck else." He glanced about. This was obviously not the best place for her to be, given her obvious Agoraphobia, and if she had another breakdown, he just fuckin' knew that it was going to be blamed on him somehow.

"I think there is still some food left. We can bring it over to the picnic shelter. It'll be waiting on you both." She walks off to make that happen.
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu May 10, 2018 7:26 am

Upon the return of Marcus, Mink and Sel the operator talks to Speakman. "Got an issues with extending Marcus the same contract as us? We're down a crew member since we lost the monk. I don't think he's coming back if he's even alive."

Assuming Speakman agrees, he invites Marcus over to officially meet the man from Northern Gun. "Marcus, meet our benefactor for this mission. He's going to extend you the same pay as us. You'll be working for him, same as Minkowski. but traveling with us. Or you can go your own way of course."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Thu May 10, 2018 2:55 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:" You'll be working for him, same as Minkowski, but traveling with us."

Since they had arrived in this more tranquil area he had had time to think and there was something niggling at the back of his mind. 'I know there is something about this Eastern area I have heard about...but what is it?', he thought as he wracked his brains. Just as Sel, Marcus, and Mink return it hits him. Victor however suddenly chokes and coughs on a mouthful of drink when he hears Ecks mentions Minks name. Getting the coughing under control he wipes his sleeve across his mouth before looking to Mink, "Your full name is Minkowski? Really?", he questions with a certain amount of disbelief.

Once Mink has replied, or not, Victor just shakes his head and leaves it alone...for now anyways. He stands up and addressing everyone he says, "He guys...er, girls too. So, I was just thinking and I realized there is something about this region that could be a problem-slash-danger for us. I mean other then the psychic storm stuff. The one and only thing I have heard about this area is about some race or group calling themselves Shemarrian's. There are a lot of rumors about them, but there are a few things about them I can say is 99 percent certain.". He stops to take a breathe, "One, they are apparently either all female or so close to being all female that almost no one has ever seen males in their society. Two, these females carry heavy firepower, ride equally powerful mounts and both the riders and mounts are bionically augmented. And three, they don't like folks messing around in their territory...which we are in right now! Now, from what I understand it's not like they attack people without warning. Well at least not everyone, Deadboys seem to be on their shit-list and get attacked without a whole lot of warning. There are folks that live inside their claimed territory who live alongside them and these Shemarrian's apparently help defend them if they get attacked. I've been told there are some monsters called Splugorth in the area as well as pirates who like kidnapping and selling people. The Shem's though, they hate both groups and protect the locals from them. Uh, what else? Oh! And not long ago they sent out a message to all the other kingdoms, nations, and such claiming they were now a sovereign nation. I don't know exactly what sovereign means, but I'm guessing they officially laying claim to this area. The message said the area they are talking about starts in the North at some great river and runs down to the swamps in the South, then from something they called the Eastern wall all the way to the ocean.".

Once he winds down a bit Victor looks at Ecks and Speakman, "I don't suppose either of you talked about this...or knew about it? And Ecks, I think we ought to ask the folks running this place how they get along with these ladies. My guess is, so long as we don't mess up the forest or pose a threat to the locals they will leave us be. But with all the firepower we are toting, I think we can expect to at least get stopped and questioned by them. Just to give you a heads up."
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Thu May 10, 2018 6:02 pm

"...'s fine," he said eventually, eyeing the drone in her hand. "Just don' take my language so fuckin' personal next time. I'm always fuckin' like this." He glanced at the drone again, then shook his head. "I apprec'ate it. Bu' my answer hasn' fuckin' changed. She's a fuckin' beaut, 'n I'd happily use her in a pinch, but this 's her Maiden fuckin' voyage. Tha' belongs t' the inventor, no' some random asshole y' picked up in th' street, 'n t's no' somethin' t' be fuckin' given away lightly, y' hear? Y' only get one first, 'fter all." And of course, if he ended up breaking it, not only would he actually feel a bit bad, he would not fucking hear the end of it he just knew it. He paused a little, then shook his head. "Should y' be out n' a-fuckin'-bout? Perhaps we sh'd have this chat somewhere th' fuck else." He glanced about. This was obviously not the best place for her to be, given her obvious Agoraphobia, and if she had another breakdown, he just fuckin' knew that it was going to be blamed on him somehow.

Inside Sel's head, she resisted the urge to groan and roll her as Marcus explained that he's always like this. Oh great, Sir Curse-a-lot is like this on a GOOD day? But on the outside, she forces as pleasant a smile as she can manage. "I was merely extending the offer again partially as an olive branch, but also because I know the Council meeting will be soon, and I'm not sure if Ecks will want all of us present for it, which would mean I wouldn't have time to recover enough mental energy to bond with it to fly it by intuition. And who knows how much longer we'll be here after the meeting. It'd be nice if we could spend the night and all, but I'm not expecting that to be the case." Sel replies. She nervously twirls her parasol, keeping it low enough to hide the sky from her Elven eyes. "I've learned different ways to cope with my fear, it's just that I have to be prepared for it. I came out here to show just how serious I was in my apology. However with that being said, yes, I would love to get back to some place less open." she says as her voice starts to quiver a little bit at the end.

When they return, Sel goes to speak with Ecks, asking him "So this Council meeting, I'm guessing you want all of us in attendance? Because if it's alright with you, I would like the opportunity to meditate for a short while to recover some of my spent mental energy so that I can psychically bond with Scot here and test him out." She raises the hexacopter as she calls it by the name she chose for it.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Ecks » Thu May 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Ecks shrugs when Sel asks about the meeting. "Unless they stop you from coming to a meeting, everyone is welcome."

As Victor mentions the Shemarrians and Splugorth, he nods at the latter but knows very little about the former. "I've heard a little about the Splugorth before. They seem... unpleasant. As for the Shemarrians we can ask the knights what they know about them. Good thinking. Within Madhaven they must not be a prevelant, or at least we haven't ran into the yet. And if they are here they don't seem to be doing a good job of protecting squat. Even if these Shemarrians and Splugorth don't have the reach you mention, I'd say every minor kingdom is going to have problems with us. That's why scouting is going to be critical. It's also by I brought so many trade items. Really the Morning Glory will likely serve as fire support, leaving the Sled and the Scouts to do most of the actual exploration."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Thu May 10, 2018 8:38 pm

OOC Comments
Marcus largely ignored Mink. She was never going to change her mind about him, and he knew that kind of "Contractor Arrogance" that made her think that she always knew better, regardless of what she got wrong. Whether she liked it or not, she had implied that Sel's explosion at him had been his fault even if indirectly, and he was not about to accept responsibility for that shitshow when he'd done literally nothing wrong. He also knew better than to try to fuckin' argue with her; that kind of woman would never admit that she'd made a mistake, at least not in front of people like him. He turned his back on her, rather than losing his temper. That shit would just give her the satisfaction, and he refused to do any such thing. He looked back at Sel, taking in what she was saying. Council Meeting? That was new. He didn't know anything, really, about a Council Meeting but he could only assume that was why they were there in the first place. Captain Stick In The Ass, at least, seemed to know those rustbuckets that brought them here, so that was a...not terrible sign, at least. He nodded slowly.

"'T 'd be fuckin' nice 'ndeed t' sleep withou' worryin' 'bout zombies sneakin' up on us 'n eatin' our fuckin' faces off," he agreed, but glanced around a little. "Though I'm no' convinced we c'n trust this fuckin' place, eith'r. If a place seems too good t' be fuckin' true, 't usually is. 'Specially in fuckin' Madhaven." He didn't survive this long by blindly accepting everything he ever saw at face value, that was for damn sure. You needed to be suspicious of everything, or the one thing you accepted would be the thing that killed you. Still...it was good that she could cope with her fear. Too many people let Phobias control them, without making any effort to conquer them. He knew from experience that though it was hard...it was possible not to get rid of them, but to at least manage them. It seemed like she was doing a half decent job of that, from where he was standing. He nodded. "Tha's good. Not evr'body c'n deal with their fuckin' fears so fuckin' maturely." He was an asshole, but he wasn't about to denigrate such an accomplishment. That would be beyond even what he would consider "Bad form."

As they returned, he found himself confronted by Captain Stick In The ass, and he could feel his anger spike again. Ah. This asshole. He bit his tongue for a moment, forcing the anger down, and looked between him and "Speakman."
"If I sign this fuckin' thing," he said, as evenly as he could manage, "Y'r gonna tell me what I need t' know, rather'n fuckin' lyin' by ommission. I don' wanna be findin' out shit six hours from now tha' migh've changed m' fuckin' mind abou' signin', ok? No' like last time, when y' fuckin' neglect'd t' explain that those Storms were caused by one'a y'r very fuckin' own. I don' give a shit about her, she can' fuckin' help it. I don appreciate bein' led on, though." He glanced at the contract. "'N I sign on 'ntil we're outta Madhaven. I wan' 'n option t' term'nate the fuckin' job when we're out if I wanna. Clear?"
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Mink » Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm

(rolls held)
Victor Singer wrote:"Your full name is Minkowski? Really?"

"Yeah, I'm Alicia Minkowski, Mink for short because it's obvious. Why?"

Victor Singer wrote:"The message said the area they are talking about starts in the North at some great river and runs down to the swamps in the South, then from something they called the Eastern wall all the way to the ocean.".

"Oh I remember that. Eastern Wall is a mountain range that historically runs down the east coast, parallel to it. Wonder which river it is. Funny though, they don't want to mess with the swamps either. But that doesn't mean we couldn't set up trade relations with those north and south of them. Isn't there a town in the swamps?"

"The Splugorth, though, I know them. Interdimensional slavers. Raid as far in as the heartland up in Ishpeming and down into all of the Coalition. They have those slugs on barges with half naked women warrior slaves, plus the apes in power armor and robots. All armed with weapons made from living creatures. Bunch of unsavory types will sell them captives as slaves too. They're set up on a continent out in the ocean, Atlantis." She made pains to focus from a North American point of view, but she'd been briefed extensively on the Splugorth though. The Gargoyles and Brodkil both traded with them, and recognizing them was as basic as it got for her.

As Marcus starts in on wanting his option to terminate once clear of Madhaven, Mink finds herself wishing he would, for no clear reason she can fathom. She dares not open up her empathic senses. She's very certain she'd end up wanting to kill his negativity with a particle beam. What's more annoying is she knows he's done nothing. His attitude, however, is just so juvenile she can't stand him. In any identity she values professionalism. Misanthropes like this are the reason mercenaries have such bad reputations. 'I hope there is more to this guy than bad attitude.'
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 pm

The more she hears Marcus speak, the more Sel finds herself pitying and feeling sorry for him, what life he must have had led, or been forced upon him, for him to turn out like this. People aren't just born like this, not even orcs. Orcs are a product of their upbringing, of their society and culture, such as it was. She would know as her mentor was an orc that was downright civilized by their standards. And while wasn't nearly as brutish as the typical orc was, he was certainly more foul mouthed than would be typical for an orc.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Ecks » Fri May 11, 2018 4:26 am

Ecks looks at Marcus and mulls several things over in his head. Alright, is this guy going to get us all killed? Or is he going to complain until we all wish we were dead? The mindstorms are unpleasant for us all. But we deal with the unexpected all the time so what might I be forgetting to tell him that's the every day for us? Do I leave him here? Will the knights kick him out and leave him to Madhaven? Of course he knows that they don't have much time, so he makes an executive decision.

"You know Marcus, what's clear to me is that it's probably better you stay here in the garden. You're obviously wound up. I get that. A lot has happened to you. On the stress-o-meter we try to keep things in the team hovering around a three or four internally. You're dialed up to eleven... for understandable reasons but I don't think you'd be happy with what we're going into or how we operate. Double A Professional Services operates with at least an understanding of trust. You clearly are assuming the worst intentions from everyone. That'll be a death sentence when we're back out there." he says thumbing back over his shoulder from where they came. "So its best to see if the knights can get you back to where ever. Or if you really are interested in coming along; suck it up, take a chill pill and gamble investing trust into new friends inc." he finishes as straight faced as ever. He doesn't dislike Marcus and a year ago he would have been as displeased as the man was about this current situation. But there is no way this dynamic could survive long in Madhaven. He could imagine how the things out there would feed on distrust and tension. His first inclination is to walk away leaving Marcus to make his decision but instead he stands in absoluteness.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Fri May 11, 2018 5:35 am

OOC Comments
Oh no. Oh hell no. He offers Marcus a contract - a way out of this fuckin' hell hole - and then when confronted with the fact that he might not be giving him all the details that he'd need to make an informed decision, he's just like "Actually naw, you can sit here like a good boy and maybe the Knights will let you stay and eat table scraps." Fuck. That. He was getting out of here, and it looked like AAPS was his best fuckin way of doing that...much to his chagrin. Now playin' nice? He could do that. He wasn' really that interested in their feelings, fine, but nor was he interested in causin' any issues. But if they expected him to stop swearing and start saying please and thank you and kissing their asses, that wasn't fuckin' happening. This was the way he spoke, and he doubted that they asked any of their other mates to change the way they talked just because it offended their delicate fuckin' feefees. And this asshole. Thought he knew Marcus sooooo fuckin well. What, he looked like he was dialed up to eleven? The fuck did he know? This was nowhere near his "Eleven." This was a seven, tops. When he reached eleven, gunfire usually fuckin' followed. Possibly some explosions. He shook his head, doing his best to keep his temper even. He was a hothead, but he wasn't stupid. Getting into a shouting match that might well end up in shooting was not gonna endear them to the locals, and no matter what kind of shady shit might be going on in here, it was a damn sight better than in Madhaven proper.

"Uh-uh," he says as evenly as he could. "I ain' assumin' shit. I don' know y' people, 'n the firs' thing y' lot do is not tell me th' whole story 'bout the risks'a comin' with ya. Now I c'n fuckin' forget 'bout that, y'see, heat'a th' momen' 'n all tha' shit, so long 's y' come clean 'bout anythin' else I should know about 'fore I sign up. I know kinda whacha doin' out here - stoppin' those Psychic Bullshitstorms 'n somethin' about Cartography 'n the East Coast - bu' 's only sensible t' get 't from th' fuckin' man in charge. What're the objectives, wha're m' fuckin' obligations'n pen'lties, 'n wha's the pay?" He paused for a moment, glancing around at the rest of the meandering team. "One thing y'all need t' know 'bout me. See this fuckin' language? I ain' bein' aggressive. I ain' insul'n y'. I ain' bein' in y'r face 'n fuckin' confr'ntational deliberate-like. I swear, yeah, bu' I ain' necc'sarily meaning fuckin' nothin' by it." He'd seen a couple of people look at him weirdly or angrily for it, 'n he knew from experience that it took getting used to. Might as well warn them now. It might avoid some issues in the future. "As for trust? Now I came this far w'th y'. I trusted y' not t' shoot me in th' back. Now I'm willin' t' trus' y' enough t' get outta Madhaven, but y'all gotta stop assumin' tha' I'm stressed or angry or some shit like that. If'm angry, y'll fuckin' know about it." He snorts and shakes his head. "This ain' my eleven, bu' sure. I c'n calm down a bit. Now I say again. I c'n fuckin' trust y' not t' shoot me 'n the back of th' head t' get outta this Shitshow. I ain' hangin' around here any longer'n I have t', 'n y' can believe or not tha' I won' try t' kill y' all in y' sleep. So all I wanna know is th' details'a th' Contract. Tha's all I fuckin' asked, t' make sure I know wha' shit I'm gettin' m'self int' before I sign up."
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Ecks » Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 am

"As far a what we're doing. To be honest we don't know one hundred percent. The statue of liberty is our goal...or what's left of it. Brianna's had visions about the place. We're hoping what we find there will resolve the mind storms attacks. If it turns out we need to go somewhere else, we will. We're here until we get her cured or we all die trying. After that, assuming we're all still alive we head down the east coast and try to die there. After that we might head back to Merctown. As far as shooting you in the back of the head, it would have been very easy to do just a little bit ago. We're aren't here to jerk you around.

"And as far as your language goes, it has nothing to do with your language. It's the attitude. However, if you feel that your language is the thing here, then I guess you'll have to watch how you say things."

Ecks let's Speakman fill in the info on pay.

((I don't remember))
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 12:55 am

Local Conditions wrote:Definitely Madhaven
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 1030 Tuesday, September 9 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 1 mile of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 55, clear skies, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, sunlight
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Supernatural x10

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

LIKE ONCE MORE, ONCE AGAIN, STILL ONCE MORE(Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor)
Speakman says to Ecks, loud enough for everyone to hear, "We've been through hell. And we're all on edge, I don't want anyone hired on who is not going to have a good attitude. Ecks, if you think another soldier is necessary, I trust your judgement. I don't think we do, but your the expert in that department."

---

An hour or so later, a squire--a kid in chain mail with sword on his hip--approaches. She says, "Mr. Ecks, the Council is ready, if you would follow me." She looks over the group. "If you want to take a vehicle, it is a two mile walk." There is some attitude in the way the kid says it, like she thinks these mercenaries are soft.

---
A little over two miles they approach a three story story brick building. It has turrets along its length and at the corners. It's not really a castle, but it has a certain majestic presence. The walk from the northern gate takes them almost the length of the Garden, and along the way they noticed a variety of architectural styles, so this building, what the squire called, The Arsenal, does not seem out of place.

The squire leads them inside, and her demeanor changes from insulant to obsequious. Probably because there are many knights and other functionaries going about their duties. The wolfen is there, as is Sir Emberly. They smile, but it only lasts for a second...

Because when Bri is about five steps into the building her head explodes. For everyone else, this is the worst mindstorm ever. They feel it in their brain, it has blown up a thousand times, but the skull has shrunk a hundred times, while growing needles on the inside. The images too, they are more vibrant and surreal, a horrible in a twisted cavalcade of images and feelings. Physical sensations, pain, mostly, wreak havoc across all the muscles in the body, causing spasms and knocking everyone down. Left twitching on the ground, no one is spared. Outside the Arsenal as well, the Garden is thrown into chaos.

However for Bri, it's almost serene. The visions are clear. A sad woman, at the same time a winged goddess, the twisted version of the Statue of Liberty, and a crying woman on a dais. They all reach out to Bri, plaintive and desperate. Their pleas are wordless, but clear. They need her help, and this is the place where she can provide aid. She is where she needs to be. But something is horribly wrong, the fear in all three women's face was intense, fear like she's never seen before. And it leaks through the vision, like ink spreading across the top of a puddle of water. More like oil, slimy and shiny. It's sickening.

---

It feels like hours or days, but eventually people recover. What was a bustling workspace is now as somber as a graveyard. Everyone is focused on Bri and AAPS. A tall fit man, steel blue eyes and blond hair, moves through the other knights and stands in front of the group. He is frowning, eyebrows knit tightly and eyes slits. But there is a glow shining through and the eyes are not visible through the light.

"You, please come with me," he says in a terse voice. He signals to two knights they recognize, Emberly and Numantinus, and also one they don't. Bald, seemingly ageless, gender somewhat ambiguous, probably a man, with brown skin and blue eyes, his demeanor is that of a stern somewhat austere person.

Sir Numantinus is not mirthful or sly, he too looks dour. But he is still friendly, "That is the head of our Council, Sir Geoffrey Colt. We knew it was bad, but this shocked us all. We think we can help."

Three stories up they arrive at a large room. Those from Northern Gun, or other beuqacratic "civilizations" recognize their destination: a conference room. It has a long conference table, swivel chairs. Setting it apart from those rooms is the amalgam of techowidazdry and high tech devices scattered about. There's only seven chairs, but the wolfen knight stands in a corner. He is munching on some sort of twice baked crunchy bread. A carafe of water with glasses sits on the side table with the snacks. The other knights sit down.

Once all of AAPS enters the room, Sir Colt begins. He runs through introductions, the knight AAPS had not yet met is Keeper Stone, responsible for maintaining the sanctity of the Garden.

Colt begins,"We are relieved to have you here. To be honest, we had no idea how serious this, these, psychic storms actually were. We are in a unique position to help."[/b] He reaches out and one of the technowizard devices lights up and projects a three dimensional image hovering over the table.

Bri instantly recognizes the images: it's the winged woman, the grotesque Statue of Liberty. All images from her visions. The only thing missing is the woman from the last vision.

"This is the goddes Isis. Whether you believe in such things is irrelevant, she is a powerful being, occupying multiple dimensions at once. She has a special connection with this place. We have an artifact that is thousands of years old. It will allow you to travel where you need to go and connect with the Goddess. She is in trouble, something is attacking her and draining her power. She is somehow connected to you. We have no idea why. The mutants of this land worship her, using their rebuilt Statue of Liberty as their idol. They do indeed receive aid from her somehow."

Speaking next, Sir Emberly elaborates, "We have in the Garden one of the most amazing finds of our time. There was a museum here with a vast collection of ancient artifacts. When powered by the rich magic of our time, many have developed functions unknown before the coming of the rifts. One such artifact is Cleopatra's Needle." The images turn to a picture of a tall stone obelisk:

"This artifact enables powerful teleportation abilities. We believe this will transport you to the dimension where Isis is being attacked," Sir Emberly finishes, turning off the imaging device.

Keeper Stone speaks next, "All of our resources are at your disposal. You know full well the effect this attack on the Goddess Isis is having on our world. It is only our connection with her that allows us to assist you, but only you can stop this."

"I am sorry we have to burden you with this," Sir Colt says. "We hoped you would arrive, and know we hope you will take up the task."

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Sled: -5 ea Hover Jet, -5 Main Body, 1 weapon pylon disabled (field repair possible)
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Sun May 13, 2018 10:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 53

Heading To The Meeting

Victor eyes the young squire when she makes the wise crack about a vehicle and opens his mouth with his own smart-ass response, but in the end he snaps his mouth shut and says nothing, 'Wise-ass little twerp...'.

Just After The Mind Storm

Victor still has both hands to his head rubbing his temples, "Uh, 'transport you to the dimension'...as in we leave this dimension and go to another one? Like, traveling by magic? That, that sounds like a bad idea honestly. Don't get me wrong, I am all for adventure and danger! But here, on this planet.", Victor stomps the ground a couple times to make his point, "I mean, OK, let's say we go, we help this Isis lady-goddess out and beat the bad guys. How do we get back to this dimension after that? Or worse, what if we fail? How do we get back than?", Victor looks expectantly at the knights in the room.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sun May 13, 2018 12:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 79/31% (46% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 41/1d20 = 8

When the young squire approaches them, informing them that the Council was ready, then informing them that they could take a vehicle if they wanted with a somewhat smarmy tone, "I'm capable of walking that," Sel responds cheerfully, almost too cheerfully directed towards the squire. During the walk, however, she keeps her parasol tight against her head and stays behind Victor so all she sees is his power armor. She resists the urge to admire the building out of fear that it will spark another episode for her.

She closes her parasol as she steps into the building and that is when Bri's mindstorm hits her. One minute everything is fine, the next her world is pain as it feels like every single part of her body simultaneously tried to remove itself from her body. She sees visions that seem more real than reality, like if she were an extra-dimenisonal being. And then it suddenly stops and she passes out because it seemed like her lungs had forgotten to breathe.

When she comes to, she starts to roll her self up to a sitting position until she realizes she can see the open sky outside the door, so she flops back down, rolls over onto her front, and weakly crawls another ten feet into the building before trying to sit up again. Eventually she stands back up, accepting anyone who offers her a hand, and doing likewise to anyone still on the ground. She silently greets the other knights whom she have yet to meet.

Victor Singer wrote:Just After The Mind Storm

Victor still has both hands to his head rubbing his temples, "Uh, 'transport you to the dimension'...as in we leave this dimension and go to another one? Like, traveling by magic? That, that sounds like a bad idea honestly. Don't get me wrong, I am all for adventure and danger! But here, on this planet.", Victor stomps the ground a couple times to make his point, "I mean, OK, let's say we go, we help this Isis lady-goddess out and beat the bad guys. How do we get back to this dimension after that? Or worse, what if we fail? How do we get back than?", Victor looks expectantly at the knights in the room.

Turning to Victor, Sel speaks up saying "A fair concern, but I feel a better question would be, what happens to the rest of the world if we fail? If we go and fail, will there be an existence to return to? Even if this dimension remains, what happens to the dimension Isis is in if we fail?"

Sel turns to regard Sir Colt and says "And what danger, exactly, could a goddess be in that we can save her from, but you can't? I'm not trying to be a sourpuss about this, but your numbers are far greater than our own, and you are more militarily trained, by the looks of it. So exactly what is it that we have that would allow the eight of us do what a legion of knights can't?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm

JUST LIKE ANY OTHER MEETING...

Sir Emberly nods her head thoughtfully and takes Victor's question. "We believe the other dimension might actually be another time. The visions the mutants have been having show what we interpret as the Golden Age of Man. So you might not be actually leaving this dimension, in some respects, but our time. However, there is much debate on the technicalities of what exactly constitutes a dimension. I am of the camp that feels time travel is by definition dimensional travel. The realities..."

She's cut off by Sir Colt. He says, "The facts are that our intelligence says that if we transport you via Cleopatra's Needle with the proper focus, which will be provided by Sir Emberly and her Gateway Knights, you will go where you need to go. It's not as ambiguous or uncertain as it sounds. We know you will go to the right place."

Continuing as if she had not be cut off, Sir Emberly picks up almost right where she left off, "However given that the Golden Age was devoid of the magical power of this era, we have done deep studies of this artifact and believe we can charge it across the dimensions to allow for your safe return." She pauses, but before she can continue Sir Numantinus jumps in:

"If you fail, the world as we know it will end, so getting home if you fail isn't really an issue. Nothing like dimensional destruction as a motivator, huh?"

Sir Colt takes Sel's question, "All we know is that something, someone maybe, is draining the Goddess' power and using it to disrupt the fabric of space and time in the process." He steeples his fingers and rests his hands on top, looking down at the table. "We've tried. It hasn't worked." His face looks pained, the losses were likely high. "But your Brianna has been a constant in the visions." he continues, concluding with, "Her role in this is somehow critical. So we believe that you are meant to succeed where we have failed."
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Selenidaria » Sun May 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Maniacal Laugh wrote:JUST LIKE ANY OTHER MEETING...

Sir Emberly nods her head thoughtfully and takes Victor's question. "We believe the other dimension might actually be another time. The visions the mutants have been having show what we interpret as the Golden Age of Man. So you might not be actually leaving this dimension, in some respects, but our time. However, there is much debate on the technicalities of what exactly constitutes a dimension. I am of the camp that feels time travel is by definition dimensional travel. The realities..."

She's cut off by Sir Colt. He says, "The facts are that our intelligence says that if we transport you via Cleopatra's Needle with the proper focus, which will be provided by Sir Emberly and her Gateway Knights, you will go where you need to go. It's not as ambiguous or uncertain as it sounds. We know you will go to the right place."

Continuing as if she had not be cut off, Sir Emberly picks up almost right where she left off, "However given that the Golden Age was devoid of the magical power of this era, we have done deep studies of this artifact and believe we can charge it across the dimensions to allow for your safe return." She pauses, but before she can continue Sir Numantinus jumps in:

"If you fail, the world as we know it will end, so getting home if you fail isn't really an issue. Nothing like dimensional destruction as a motivator, huh?"

Sir Colt takes Sel's question, "All we know is that something, someone maybe, is draining the Goddess' power and using it to disrupt the fabric of space and time in the process." He steeples his fingers and rests his hands on top, looking down at the table. "We've tried. It hasn't worked." His face looks pained, the losses were likely high. "But your Brianna has been a constant in the visions." he continues, concluding with, "Her role in this is somehow critical. So we believe that you are meant to succeed where we have failed."

Sel thinks for a moment before she replies, saying "Wait, how is the goddess Isis in the Golden Age of Man, before magic returned to the Earth? If the Earth was devoid of magic during this age, the many ages before it, then how was it possible that she was able to exist? More over, how is it possible that someone or thing is draining the goddess?"

Lore: Magic (General) 1d100 = 35/42% to see if Sel can theorize a possible answer

OOC Comments
1d100 = 46

After eating and washing the food down with the tea that was provided, Sel suddenly realizes that she's feeling better, in a meta-physical sense. Not only can she feel that her magic energy has been renewed, but she can feel that her mental energy that powers her psychic abilities have been refreshed.
Last edited by Selenidaria on Sun May 13, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Lest I Forget wrote:Gods in the Megaverse depend on worshippers for power. In the Golden Age, Isis probably had fewer worshippers, and that would be a weakness. In Rifts earth, her number of worshippers is actually fairly high, which is probably why she's reaching out for help here.

This is not necessarily "in character" knowledge, but a primer in case I don't get to the meaty bits before you want to post again.
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Sun May 13, 2018 2:20 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Selenidaria wrote:Turning to Victor, Sel speaks up saying "A fair concern, but I feel a better question would be, what happens to the rest of the world if we fail? If we go and fail, will there be an existence to return to? Even if this dimension remains, what happens to the dimension Isis is in if we fail?"

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Sir Emberly nods her head thoughtfully and takes Victor's question. "We believe the other dimension might actually be another time. The visions the mutants have been having show what we interpret as the Golden Age of Man. So you might not be actually leaving this dimension, in some respects, but our time. However, there is much debate on the technicalities of what exactly constitutes a dimension. I am of the camp that feels time travel is by definition dimensional travel. The realities..."

Victor looks from one lady to the other and back again, his eyes wide in, well...astonishment. Finally he holds up a hand and with his eyes squeezed shut he says, "Stopstopstop....Neither of you are making me feel any better about this trip. One of you says there may not be a place to return too aaaand Sir Emberly is saying this is time travel." He opens his eyes again, which are now focusing on some point outside of this room and mutters, "I don't know which of those two worries me more...".

Maniacal Laugh wrote:She's cut off by Sir Colt. He says, "The facts are that our intelligence says that if we transport you via Cleopatra's Needle with the proper focus, which will be provided by Sir Emberly and her Gateway Knights, you will go where you need to go. It's not as ambiguous or uncertain as it sounds. We know you will go to the right place."

Victor thinks on this last part for a bit before turning to Sir Colt, "Ok, so...Brianna,",he waves at Bri, "Is linked to all of this somehow. So helping this Isis will save Bri from anymore of these mind-blender fits? And if we don't go and help, it's not just bad for Isis and Brianna....buuuut life on this planet as we know it? Have I got this right? Did I miss anything?"

Looking over at Sir Numantinus he simply says, "Thanks for that.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 7:12 pm

The wolfen knight grins his toothy grin at Victor, "These berry cookies are pretty good, we can get some beer brought up too."
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Sun May 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 67

Leadership. Ecks wasn't sure if he made the right decision even if Speakman agreed. But he made it. He wished the man well regardless where ever it takes him.

Self doubt. The operator had a history of bad decisions long before Merc Town. There are times he questions and other times he closes his eyes and walks forward in blind faith. The past few days he has realized that he is moving more regularly into the latter camp. The murderous thoughts playing in the back of his head amplify his doubt about everything.

He ponders over these things when they are summoned to the council. He doesn't move with purpose but lets the current take him like an inner tube in a gentle river. This has got to lead somewhere. Whatever the tea was, he isn't one hundred percent sure he likes it. But why didn't he like it. Suddenly he realizes there is something else in his head with him. IT didn't like the tea.

The squire's voice is like static in the background. The realization that something else is there startles him. He's unsure if he should try to say something Brianna and alert the thing. What might happen?

He sees the other knights as they enter the building. He decides then to say something to Bri before anything might happen. However he doesn't get the chance. As the world turns inside out he feels himself slip sideways. Pain beyond pain settles into a distant thought. He finds himself back with the ratman and the Mechanoid ship. He makes to escape when he finds himself unable to move. they don't want him to move. He is to stay with them.

He falls over and lands on the terminal. Everywhere his skin touches, it fuses with the computer. Pulling away causes agony but leaning into the computer to ease the pain only envelopes him further. The others in the team are trying to get him out but they only tell him it's impossible to free him without killing him. Fear runs through him. Fear of being abandoned, of becoming one with the mechanoids. He knew their thoughts now. There was no love, no joy, no mercy. Only hatred, murder and conquest filled their minds. And now he would be one with him. To never know him family again or his friends. His will was theirs now.

As the others work in vain to free him, he prepares for the end. Then a sweet breeze carrying spring in it's wind brings his mind to. Chaos is erupting around him, but he is at peace. White blossoms dance along the alien corridor. A brightness comes towards from a distance. Like a wave it begins to roll onto his shore. Every wave of blossoms washes away a portion of where his skin had melded with the mechanoid ship. Soon he finds himself free once more. The brightness felt familiar and comfortable. He then remembers he had escaped from that ship. They were on earth. They were going to talk to someone weren't they?

The pain and confines of the world he knows crashes back into his senses. He stumbles around for a bit trying to check to see if everyone else was feeling as rough as he was. Strangely though he feels ok. That oily feeling was gone. There isn't a doubt in his mind that the tea had a part to play and maybe even Brianna's mind storms. Whatever the case the peace he had is still with him. He has always had doubt but right now everything is ok. At least for a immediate future he's sure.

Moving Forward

Ecks listens to the introductions and then introduces he and his team. He then listens to the situation laid out before them. Dimensional travel, gods, unknown foes. As Sel and Victor leap into questions, he doesn't say anything, letting them ask while he thinks.

Victor's reaction about dimensional travel would have hit him a lot harder last week. Now it seems perfectly plausible. He nods seeming to be content with the concept.

Sel asks the obvious: how can we help when they couldn't. The answer is mildly encouaging. The question he has is if the mindstorms are something this Isis came up with or something else. If they are, it could be a good sign.

The return trip, as it was on the mechanoid ship, is of great concern to him. His life hanging in the balance is one thing. However as he now is also responsible for ensuring such for the team he is pleased to the hear the question broached, even if the answer isn't as concrete as he'd hoped.

"These are pretty good." Ecks says, having taken a bite of the berry cookie and breaking his silence.

Though he listens intently as to the Knight's explanation of what could drain a god's power, Ecks returns to a more pragmatic evaluation. "So you've tried already? What can you tell us about where we will be heading?" If the mothership taught him anything, you need to know where you're going, particularly if the world is counting on you.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Emberly answers Ecks's question first, "We will be sending you are going back to the Golden Age of Earth." She pauses, pretty much like she's getting to the bad news. Which she is. "Getting you back with the artifact is as much of a certainty as we can give. So we don't know why our knights failed."
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Mon May 14, 2018 5:44 am

((rolls carried))

Several questions then come to Ecks' mind. "Did your knights know where they would be heading to once they were there?" of course it is then that Brianna's vision seems to potentially make more sense to him. So maybe we aren't supposed to be digging through rubble to find an old artifact. Maybe we're supposed to be heading to those locations as they were in your time. he says, speaking to Brianna.

"So if this is going to be in the past, are giant robots and power armor going to be an issue?" he asks Emberly.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon May 14, 2018 6:46 am

“We can’t transport the big vehicles, just like I couldn’t here,” Sir Emberly responds to Ecks’s question. “Power armor and several hundred pounds of gear are fine.”

Sir Colt takes up the first part of Ecks question. He says,” Our Knights we’re seeking the Lady in that time. If they could find here there, the thought was they could stop whatever was disrupting her”

Emberly adds,”Obviously you will be transported to Central Park in New York City. We don’t think Isis will be there, we don’t think. You may have to acquire some local transportation.”

Speaking through a mouthful of cookies, the Wolfen knight says, “This goddess goes by several names, she’s a survivor. She weathered multiple pantheon shifts. But her core, pre apocalypse of course, was always the Near and Middle East, most promintly Egypt.”

The other two knights look at him quizzically, he says, “What? I read. The Met has a great amount of information, it might be worth s look before you go.”
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Mon May 14, 2018 8:50 am

"We have an ace up our sleeve too." Ecks says, looking at Brianna. "To be fair, you may be the best to advise us." he says looking at Brianna. He then thinks back to another matter. "What's this Met? Like, I met you there last week, met?" he adds calmly.

"It seems to me like power armor of any sort might be very conspicuous. But I'm sure Brianna can help us with that."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Mon May 14, 2018 12:39 pm

"Are these mindstorms that Bri has been having happen to her and everything around her caused by proximity to this object that will teleport us that is linked to Isis, or does the frequency of them rely on some other variable such as time? Because when we were still in MercTown for, what two or three days, and she only had one or two that I was aware of. We've been here for less than 12 hours and she's already had like a half dozen of them. Is there any danger of her having a mindstorm when we are in the past, during the Golden Age of Man? What would happen, theoretically, should she have one in the past? Would it affect the future?" Sel asks as more questions form in her head.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Ecks » Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Ecks takes interest in Sel's question. At first he assumed proximity was the escalating factor. Now with the revelations he surmises it may simply be time. Still her question is valid. What would happen in that environment. The world had no fully opened to the supernatural, so would the effects be dulled or would the result be more devastating since the populace had no significant experiences with psychics of any fashion. While he has studied the supernatural for a while now, his focus has been defense and eradication. The knights seemed much better studied on a academic level.

Aside from answers to Sel's question, Ecks thinks of another when he is able to fit it in. "Do you have a general idea of how long we have?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue May 15, 2018 3:56 am

It is Keeper Stone who answers Ecks, for the first time joining in on the little Q&A session. He says, "The Met is short for Metropolitan Museum of Art." He pauses, waiting for the significance of that to sink in. The significance is not lost on Speakman, who's chin practically hits the floor.

The NG scholar recovers and says, "You have an intact pre-rifts museum on site? Is there anyway I can have a look? I am a scholar of such things and..." He prattles on until Keeper Stone holds up a hand. Speakman sort of fades out, but the unabashed glee does not subside.

Switching subjects, Sir Colt addresses Sel's concerns. "We believe it is time, but it is hard to say with such an unprecedented event. Our scrying into the past indicates that there are some effects of the disturbances. It may be that these are building up in c a coinciding pattern with the eruption of psychic energy that destroys the human civilization. Who ever is threatening the goddess may be counting on that surge of energy to complete the process. That's one theory."

Rounding out the conversation, Sir Emberly says, "We believe you have probably two or three days. Probably two. And the mindstorms will continue to get more frequent. Though, we are quite certain, they will be less dramatic in the lower energy environment."

Speakman pulls Ecks to the side real quick. He speaks rapidly and quietly. "I think I should stay here. Do you think I should stay here? It seems so...dangerous to go back. But to see those wonders in person, my god, what an amazing opportunity. I don't know." It's hard to say whether left off with a question, but he certainly did not end with an answer.
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Selenidaria » Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 am

"Do you have period appropriate clothes for us to wear, so we can better blend in?" Sel asks.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Drake » Tue May 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 68
Conditions: None.

Drake is both saddened and impressed at the set up of the Knights of the White Rose. When the squire comes to take them to the meeting and comments about the distance only elicits a shrug from Drake. "Not too bad of a distance. At least we won't be fighting the whole way." Drake says knowing the Squire is trying to rile up the group.

Once the group is in the room with the council Drake sits quietly listening situation to be explained. Gods, and Demons... We fight them all it seems. Drake thinks before he asks any questions. "What manner of resources do you have at your disposal?" Drake asks, his voice showing no greed, just curiosity.
Drake
M.D.C. by Location:
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Ecks replies to Speakman saying, "Well, it's up to you really. I personally think it would be a bad decision for you to come. If something happened to you... well it might look bad back home." he says, cracking a slight grin. "And if you got left behind on accident I'd be worried I might discover you're my great, great grandpa or something. I don't think I could live with that sort of knowledge." he adds.

In regards to the news that there is an art museum on the grounds he says, "I enjoy art as much as the next guy but how will it help us?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue May 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Ecks wrote:Ecks replies to Speakman saying, "Well, it's up to you really. I personally think it would be a bad decision for you to come. If something happened to you... well it might look bad back home." he says, cracking a slight grin. "And if you got left behind on accident I'd be worried I might discover you're my great, great grandpa or something. I don't think I could live with that sort of knowledge." he adds.

In regards to the news that there is an art museum on the grounds he says, "I enjoy art as much as the next guy but how will it help us?"

"Well, how do you know you aren't your own great great grandfather? Sel asks strait faced.

https://youtu.be/eYlJH81dSiw
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria

Postby Ecks » Wed May 16, 2018 4:55 am

"Well Sel, I'll have to count on you to ensure such reality warping events don't occur. Maybe I'll become a monk. Who knows, maybe I'm Drake's great great grandpa." he replies.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Speaking through a mouthful of cookies, the Wolfen knight says, “This goddess goes by several names, she’s a survivor. She weathered multiple pantheon shifts. But her core, pre apocalypse of course, was always the Near and Middle East, most prominently Egypt.”

"Near and Middle East of North America? And where is this pre-Rifts state of Eqypt located? I've never seen it mentioned, even on an old pre-Rifts map. And what are her other names?", Victor asks as he starts putting the pertinent information into the Prophet's and the T-42's computers. In addition he starts the audio recorders of both suits in order to get an unedited version of the information (ie- not in his own short hand).

{Skill Rolls}
Computer Operation 85%/1d100 = 94% (entering information into the two computers)
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Ecks will copy Victor's information to his own personal computer when he's done recording and taking notes. "Singer, when you're done, send me a copy too." It also reminds the operator that his own armor needs repair. It also kindles another thought. On the Mechanoid ship he was trying to program from scratch. He makes a note to create some pre compiled software before leaving. The alien mind may be fading, but the experience has left images in his mind that may make for potent software In the Golden Age it may even give us an edge..
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed May 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 5

1d10 = 10

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 78/170 (x10)

Emberly answers Ecks's question first, "We will be sending you are going back to the Golden Age of Earth." She pauses, pretty much like she's getting to the bad news.

Brianna blinks in surprise. ”We're... going back in time?” She can't help but wonder what year it'll be and if it would be possible to call her parents. A pang of sadness hits her as she thinks of them and how much she misses them. Taking a deep breath, she tries to focus on the conversation going on around her since it is vital they succeed and stop these mind storms.

Emberly adds,”Obviously you will be transported to Central Park in New York City. We don’t think Isis will be there, we don’t think. You may have to acquire some local transportation.”

Brianna nods and smiles in a reassuring manner at the team. ”Shouldn't be difficult. There will be multiple options to choose from.” A thought occurs to her and she asks, ”Does anyone know what they used for money back then? Did they use universal credits like they do in this time?” Brianna shrugs, ”If we're going to be using local transportation, it's not usually free.”

Brianna nods, confirming the comment about the Met. ”I got a brief tour, but wasn't able to spend a lot of time there. I heard you could spend the whole day there and still not see everything!” She has to shrug though when Ecks asks how it is relevant in what they have to do. ”I'm not sure, to be honest.”

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu May 17, 2018 4:45 am

Ecks wonders how Brianna feels about going back in time. Who knows, maybe she'll want to stay and get out of this place. For that matter who wouldn't, other than the threat of the impending fall.

The question about money is a good one. "Yeah, fair points Brianna. It could get hairy there pretty quick. I may also work on some tools before we leave."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

PreviousNext

Return to AA Professional Services