• Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing
Flying Cars
Flying Cop Cars
City Feel*

IN TIME (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)

An blink of the eye, if that even, after all of the crew have touched the obelisk, they are standing in a different world.

Every direction has vast futuristic buildings, flying cars, holograms, and all the other dream-like hallmarks of the Golden Age. What should be early dawn is lit up like midday by the streetlights, headlights, holograms, and many other sources of illumination. The air is full of sounds as well. Foreign, futuristic, ancient, and loud. The park is not empty either, it's not quite crowded, but it speaks to a city that never sleeps. The first curiosity one notices in the crowd that it is much more diverse than one would have expected. There are dog boy look-alikes, even battle cats, but instead of hunting and killing, they are doing yoga or cross-fit. Other people might be human, but they are so genetically modified or cybered up that they could be any deebee imaginable.

However, all that hardly registers because two caped, spandex-tighted, people for lack of a better descriptor, are throwing energy bolts and force bolts and other nonsensical powers. They are knocking each other around the air, narrowly avoiding racing aircars, smashing signs and street features with out a care. Sirens are wailing.

A scrap of newspaper slides across the ground on a slight breeze:
Newspaper

Some of the images on the screens seem to tie in with the papers.
News Ticker

Bri is very very certain this is not her Golden Age.

What are you doing?
*Even though the movie was eh the production design was good!

GM Notes:
  • List

Butcher's Bill:
    Note
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu May 31, 2018 4:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44/85%
JIC:1d20 = 18/1d100 = 63

Trust: 1d100 = 39/40% ---> greeting anyone that they might happen across
Computer Operation--1d100 = 90/103% ---> Search for and access any potential wireless signals

Ecks stares in confusion for a moment. This wasn't in the research materal... at all. "Brianna? Is this right? This isn't at all like what I had researched. Everyone else, let's find a discreet place to sit for a bit. We didn't go forward in time or something did we?" Ecks stoops down and picks up the paper to source a date, if such a thing is useful to them at all.

The scene is surreal, even to someone from Rifts earth. "I'm not sure we even have to worry about our equipment."

Looking around he sees the thicket of trees directly west and across the paved path. He removes his helmet, and tries to be casual as he walks to the thicket motioning the others to follow him. He smiles and greets anyone that might look at him along the way, hoping to appear harmless. ((trust)) His hope for the thicket has less to do with hiding physically and more to be somewhat quiet. "Well this is unexpected. Anyone have thoughts? The plan remains the same as I see it. The... super heroes... does put things in a different light. We may not have as easy of a time through here as we might have hoped. But we will see. Ok first, let's locate a base of operations. Let's see if we can find a moving van or box truck. Minkowski, any chance you could see what the social climate is here? We might be able to move around in gear without attracting too much information. Drake, any thoughts? Let me see if there is a fashion of wireless network here."

Ecks pulls out his computer and searches for wireless network signals in the area. IF he can find something he will start perusing news pages, commerce sites and similar. He is looking for:

currency used
    general news
    truck rentals
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Thu May 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 94

Victor blinks several times and smiles as he looks at the city-scape, "Wow....very cool. Way nicer then any of the cities in the NG I'd say. What do you think Ecks?".

Ecks wrote:"Well this is unexpected. Anyone have thoughts? The plan remains the same as I see it. The... super heroes... does put things in a different light. We may not have as easy of a time through here as we might have hoped. But we will see. Ok first, let's locate a base of operations. Let's see if we can find a moving van or box truck. Minkowski, any chance you could see what the social climate is here? We might be able to move around in gear without attracting too much information. Drake, any thoughts? Let me see if there is a fashion of wireless network here."

Victor suddenly notices the...super heroes fighting nearby and as he stares at them he responds to Ecks, "No ideas here boss but, uh....should we be worried about them? I mean do we join in and help or just stay out of it?", he says as he points at the pair of supers. Victor engages his suits targeting system and tags both super heroes, "Milashka, begin video recording and activate translation mode. Keep one camera tracking the two targets I have designated so long as they are in range and L-O-S. Attempt identification of the two targets and of any other non-humans, emblems, uniforms, or insignia and if none is found, store for later analysis please.", he instructs the Prophets computerized I.D. system. Victor follows Ecks and the group to the woods.

{Skill Rolls}
Weapon Systems 80%/1d100 = 44% (targeting the two supers)
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu May 31, 2018 12:10 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks shakes his head at Victor's question. "We have no idea what's even going on there. To arbitrarily pick a side would be dangerous at best. We could instantly become bad guys. AND we don't belong here, so let's tread carefully unless something is clear cut or at least until we have an idea of what's going on. But you're right. This place blows Ishpeming out of the water."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Thu May 31, 2018 12:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/31% (46% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 20/1d20 = 19

Ecks wrote:Ecks stares in confusion for a moment. This wasn't in the research materal... at all. "Brianna? Is this right? This isn't at all like what I had researched. Everyone else, let's find a discreet place to sit for a bit. We didn't go forward in time or something did we?" Ecks stoops down and picks up the paper to source a date, if such a thing is useful to them at all.

The scene is surreal, even to someone from Rifts earth. "I'm not sure we even have to worry about our equipment."

Looking around he sees the thicket of trees directly west and across the paved path. He removes his helmet, and tries to be casual as he walks to the thicket motioning the others to follow him. He smiles and greets anyone that might look at him along the way, hoping to appear harmless. ((trust)) His hope for the thicket has less to do with hiding physically and more to be somewhat quiet. "Well this is unexpected. Anyone have thoughts? The plan remains the same as I see it. The... super heroes... does put things in a different light. We may not have as easy of a time through here as we might have hoped. But we will see. Ok first, let's locate a base of operations. Let's see if we can find a moving van or box truck. Minkowski, any chance you could see what the social climate is here? We might be able to move around in gear without attracting too much information. Drake, any thoughts? Let me see if there is a fashion of wireless network here."

Sel makes sure to be looking at the ground not knowing just how open the city skyscape was going to be. Once she's certain that the time or dimension shift is over, she cautiously looks up and around, careful not to let her gaze go too high. "Whoa, imagine that! A pristine city that doesn't have to worry about building a wall to keep raiders out of it!" Sel says breathlessly, just above a whisper. When her attention is drawn to the two powered people, she says "It's always something, isn't it?" She takes out her handheld computer and scans for wireless networks as well. (Computer Operation: 1d100 = 96/62%) She then casts a simple spell to sense magical energies around her. While she doesn't believe she will sense any concentrated sources of magic (magic items, active spells, etc.), she's hoping she can use the spell to get a general gauge of the magic levels here. (Sense Magic, -4 PPE)

After she casts the spell, she looks back to her handheld computer and notices that it found a wireless network, but it's not connecting for some reason, so she puts it away for now. Instead, she pulls out her hand held walkie talkie and tries to scan for any emergency response bands. She doubts she'll be able to do it, but she tries anyway. (Radio: 1d100 = 100/72%) Oh crap, that can't be good! Sel thinks to herself.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 60

1d10 = 3

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 78/170 (x10)

Ecks stares in confusion for a moment. This wasn't in the research materal... at all. "Brianna? Is this right? This isn't at all like what I had researched. Everyone else, let's find a discreet place to sit for a bit. We didn't go forward in time or something did we?" Ecks stoops down and picks up the paper to source a date, if such a thing is useful to them at all.

Brianna frowns, looking confused as she studies their surroundings. ”I have no idea where we are. I know we are definitely not in my time.” Brianna shrugs, ”It mostly looks the same i guess, but super heroes weren't exactly common place in my time and I have no idea what this Project Daedalus is. We're probably in a time between my time and your time.” Brianna pauses before adding, "I don't think Century Station was around in my time."

An idea comes to mind and she asks Mesi, 'Do you have any idea of where we are, Mesi?

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:18 am

((rolls carried))

Ecks frowns at Brianna's assessment. Are we even in the right place?"Let's hope that we are at least in the right place. I wonder how they control that obelisk." As Ecks speaks he keeps reading the paper about the Daedalus Project. If it's news worthy maybe the article contains something about this whole missing. He can't shake the feeling that something significant enough to drain a god should be noteworthy.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:13 am

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Ecks frowns at Brianna's assessment. Are we even in the right place?"Let's hope that we are at least in the right place. I wonder how they control that obelisk." As Ecks speaks he keeps reading the paper about the Daedalus Project. If it's news worthy maybe the article contains something about this whole missing. He can't shake the feeling that something significant enough to drain a god should be noteworthy.

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna frowns, looking confused as she studies their surroundings. ”I have no idea where we are. I know we are definitely not in my time.” Brianna shrugs, ”It mostly looks the same i guess, but super heroes weren't exactly common place in my time and I have no idea what this Project Daedalus is. We're probably in a time between my time and your time.” Brianna pauses before adding, "I don't think Century Station was around in my time."

Victor stops and looks at Ecks and Brianna, "Wait, wait, wait. So we are now lost in time....is that right?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:22 am

"Well something like that. We are somewhere between the pit of our fears and the summit of our knowledge. Hopefully the obelisk will still work when we need it to." Ecks says as he reads the paper.

The headline of supers invading New York seems to imply that their presence isn't common. He gets the feeling that if something is awry that they are attached to it somehow.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 am

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"Well something like that. We are somewhere between the pit of our fears and the summit of our knowledge. Hopefully the obelisk will still work when we need it to." Ecks says as he reads the paper.

The headline of supers invading New York seems to imply that their presence isn't common. He gets the feeling that if something is awry that they are attached to it somehow.

Victor looks back at where the obelisk is/was, "So...do we go back and lay our hands on it again or...?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:40 am

"No, not yet. I would say this is still our destination no matter what. I would suspect our transport was focused on the anomaly more than a specific time since even they weren't absolutely sure. If someone here is tapping a god, then I think I can at least conceive that it's possible." he says. This environment puts a whole new spin on possibility for Ecks. It's a new day to be sure.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:22 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"No, not yet. I would say this is still our destination no matter what. I would suspect our transport was focused on the anomaly more than a specific time since even they weren't absolutely sure. If someone here is tapping a god, then I think I can at least conceive that it's possible." he says. This environment puts a whole new spin on possibility for Ecks. It's a new day to be sure.

Victor glances over at the super fight once more, "Right, your the boss. So how do we find out who the bad guys are and where they are?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:33 pm

Victor Singer wrote:((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"No, not yet. I would say this is still our destination no matter what. I would suspect our transport was focused on the anomaly more than a specific time since even they weren't absolutely sure. If someone here is tapping a god, then I think I can at least conceive that it's possible." he says. This environment puts a whole new spin on possibility for Ecks. It's a new day to be sure.

Victor glances over at the super fight once more, "Right, your the boss. So how do we find out who the bad guys are and where they are?".

"Well, while I may not be not be an expert, if Isis's followers generally live in the Middle East, or at the very least are from there, then perhaps there is some unrest that might point us in the right direction." Sel suggests. She continues with "As for why we are in this version of Earth prior to the coming of the Rifts instead of the one that Bri is from, well I have a suspicion on that. This world has super powered people, and my suspicion is that this version of Earth has a higher ambient level of Potential Psychic Energy, at least enough so to charge certain people with abilities that defy physics. And while this may not be the history Bri is from, who's not to say that both are not equally the past for the Earth we left. The world has become a gateway to other dimensions, who's not to say that all possible histories of Earth don't lead to the timeline we know?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:52 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Selenidaria wrote:"Well, while I may not be not be an expert, if Isis's followers generally live in the Middle East, or at the very least are from there, then perhaps there is some unrest that might point us in the right direction." Sel suggests. She continues with "As for why we are in this version of Earth prior to the coming of the Rifts instead of the one that Bri is from, well I have a suspicion on that. This world has super powered people, and my suspicion is that this version of Earth has a higher ambient level of Potential Psychic Energy, at least enough so to charge certain people with abilities that defy physics. And while this may not be the history Bri is from, who's not to say that both are not equally the past for the Earth we left. The world has become a gateway to other dimensions, who's not to say that all possible histories of Earth don't lead to the timeline we know?"

Victor pops open his faceplate while listening, but in the end he holds up two fingers saying, "Two words. Timey. Whimey.". He then grumbles something to himself about getting a tattoo of a blue box.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 14

"Aint dis some shit."Max mumbles aloud at the sight of it. A whole big thriving city full of people. A place he can maybe blend into. He takes out his flask from his belt and takes a healthy shot.
"This is not at all what I expected to see. I heard that the pre cataclysm time was a decadent place without god. This aint so bad. "

He sticks his head out of the hedge and looks around at all the cars and trucks. Stealing is a sin, but maybe I borrow one of these. He like the looks of a big car.
"Hey boss, lemme see if I can get us a truck. I'll be right back." he purrs as he slips out of the hedge toward the street.
1d20 = 1
1d100 = 12
Last edited by Maximillian O'Malley on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:48 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 12
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 1

"Aint dis some shit."Max mumbles aloud at the sight of it. A whole big thriving city full of people. A place he can maybe blend into. He takes out his flask from his belt and takes a healthy shot.
"This is not at all what I expected to see. I heard that the pre cataclysm time was a decadent place without god. This aint so bad. "

He sticks his head out of the hedge and looks around at all the cars and trucks. Stealing is a sin, but maybe I borrow one of these. He like the looks of a big car.
"Hey boss, lemme see if I can get us a truck. I'll be right back." he purrs as he slips out of the hedge toward the street.

Victors head snaps around to the Cat then he looks at Ecks, "Wait, where'd he say he was going?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:42 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks listens to Sel while she ponders the nature of this place. Absent mindedly Ecks replies, "While it's quite likely this place is linked to our Earth in a dimensional sense, temporally I doubt it. If only for the simple fact that it wasn't in our history of our Earth. To be fair, even Brianna's Earth may not be the one we came from in linear time. At the least however, it bears far more resemblance to our Earth's history. Let's say in theory that we ran into a super version of Brianna here. Even if she has many of the same attributes in reality she would be a completely different person and is essentially superficially similar. No doubt his own split time experience had him asking himself questions not entirely different. However, his pragmatic mind sifts the mind bending questions like chaff from wheat.

Max makes mention about getting a truck which wakes the operator for his scouring of the newspaper. "Hold up Max. Keep your head down and look for a rental place. I think we can probably manage something less dramatic at this point. If they've got super heroes then I don't want to be labeled a villain.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:04 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Max makes mention about getting a truck which wakes the operator for his scouring of the newspaper. "Hold up Max. Keep your head down and look for a rental place. I think we can probably manage something less dramatic at this point. If they've got super heroes then I don't want to be labeled a villain.

"Victor the Supervillian...", Victor shakes his head negative, "Nah, just doesn't roll off the tongue.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 pm

"How about Vic-Tor? More super villainy? I'm sure you're one monologue away from villainy. While you're idling, how about gathering up some other newspapers for info? Maybe take a peak around with Sel via the drone and see if you can ID any tech or if it's all unknown for the most part." Ecks says as he waits for the team to collect more info as he scans the paper and looks at the networks he is connected to via the wifi.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:42 am

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"How about Vic-Tor? More super villainy? I'm sure you're one monologue away from villainy. While you're idling, how about gathering up some other newspapers for info? Maybe take a peak around with Sel via the drone and see if you can ID any tech or if it's all unknown for the most part." Ecks says as he waits for the team to collect more info as he scans the paper and looks at the networks he is connected to via the wifi.

Victor actually thinks this over for a minute then shakes his head, "I think Lord Victor sounds better. Anyways, yeah, I'll have a look around. So far we haven't seemed to stick out too much in our power suits...sooo I'm gonna stay inside mine for now. Uh, does your exo there have the ability to receive video coms?". Victor waits for Ecks' answer then heads out, tracking Sel's drone and generally following it, "Sel, does your little guy there have a camera and if so, can you patch me into the feed for it?", Victor sets his HUD for a 3-way split image; left image is still showing the supers if the camera's are still tracking them, center image is for piloting, and the right image is for the drone feed if it's possible. Victor will keep an eye out for any newspapers and once he spots a TV screen he has a thought. "Hmmm, wonder if I can pull that up? Or at least the audio...", he begins a transmission scan using the suits communication systems, trying to pull in either a full video feed or, if not that, an audio feed of a news channel. If he succeeds, Victor will have the suit stop recording the supers and start a recording of the TV signal.

{Skill Rolls}
Radio: Basic 80%/1d100 = 75% (scanning for TV/radio news transmissions)
Surveillance Systems 65%/1d100 = 25% (patching into the drones video feed if possible)
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am

((rolls carried))

As Victor works with Sel to scout around a bit, he asks Ecks about video feed. Ecks shakes his head. "No, sadly it's a feature I haven't added yet but you can feed into my computer. I plan on a voice interface so I can access full computer functions on the go. Most computer systems on power armor and robots tend to lack the horsepower of a dedicated computer. Of course most PA pilots aren't filling out spreadsheets while they tangle with demons in life and death struggles."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:41 am

Perception 65%/1d100 = 4 (Critical SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 58

Before leaving, Mink grabs the two floater drones from the Sled (where she had them stored) and places them in a duffel bag. This and the NG Backpack she uses are the only other luggage she has, aside from her power armor, rifle, scythe, and sidearm; so she brings it all.

To Sergeant Ilsa Nerzol, stepping through is like looking at Berlin at its best. The big difference is that it is the occasional gargoyle or brodkil attack that wrecked things, not "supers." One of the realities of the NGR is their cities are actually the same ones that survived the Apocalypse. A lot of the same things these people take for granted, Ilsa would as well. But Alicia Minkowski must be amazed, so amazed she is. But when Mink pulls the computer from her pouches, she sees if she can connect to a public network via the protocols she has loaded from home. They should be compatible, if not identical. If not she'll cycle through those from the NGR and the CS, just to be certain. She activates her ability to speed read, as well as honing her own total recall abilities as well. (-4 ISP)

Computer Operation 75%/1d100 = 30 to join to a public wi-fi network. PASS
Cryptography 60%/1d100 = 35 to spoof ID to join a private network if needed. PASS
Electronic Countermeasures 75%/1d100 = 19 to configure and connect via a VPN style shielded connection that puts her access point across the city. PASS

Intelligence 74%/1d100 = 60 to figure out who is fighting, what the expected response is, and what the norm is. PASS
Surveillance 65%/1d100 = 10 to figure out who is fighting, what the expected response is, and what the norm is. PASS
Radio: Basic 90%/1d100 = 51 to tune to commercial radio and find a news station as well as emergency broadcast as an information source. PASS
Intelligence 74%/1d100 = 13 to figure out the banking system if there are some ways to make money fast. PASS

Mink emphasizes her hand held computer as she works on it. "That's why I carry one of these. Thankfully I can link the display to my visor if I want to. I can let you piggy back on my camera drones, but I have control over them from my suit, but that's about it. Just let me finish looking this stuff up." Once done looking things up, she releases the camera drones into the air, getting them high enough to hover over nearby trees but not high enough to stick out.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 pm

((Rolls carried))

Ecks wrote:As Victor works with Sel to scout around a bit, he asks Ecks about video feed. Ecks shakes his head. "No, sadly it's a feature I haven't added yet but you can feed into my computer. I plan on a voice interface so I can access full computer functions on the go. Most computer systems on power armor and robots tend to lack the horsepower of a dedicated computer. Of course most PA pilots aren't filling out spreadsheets while they tangle with demons in life and death struggles."

Victor responds to Ecks while he is still working on scanning TV and radio signals, "Yeah, one of the upsides to this suit and the main reason I bought it was the onboard computer system. It has voice commands as well as the I.D. system. I had planned on removing most of the criminal data base and replacing it with more a more practical field data base of vehicle and creature I.D.s. But I didn't get around to it before we left on this mission. Something else I'd like to do is increase it's computing power...a lot. Something along the lines of an A.I., like those Triax robots. Nothing combat oriented, just something that can give me more accurate information on anything it spots through the multi-cam system. Plus, someone to talk to when I get lonely."
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:51 pm

Ecks nods at both Minkowski and Victor. Power armor is a shiny, sparkly thing. He's thought many time about buying something new, but it doesn't come free and he already has one mouth to feed in the way of Morning Glory. He's quite fond of the gladius' performance thus far. It's a constant war between what is sparkly and what is needed. Ecks raises his eyebrows and nods. "No doubt it's nice, but between Morning Glory and other special projects" he says as he pats the silvered revolver, Mantooth, "this gladius has done everything I've asked it to. Hopefully Sel can help with some magically enhanced protections. Plus I'm rather fond of the trench coat."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:00 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Ecks nods at both Minkowski and Victor. Power armor is a shiny, sparkly thing. He's thought many time about buying something new, but it doesn't come free and he already has one mouth to feed in the way of Morning Glory. He's quite fond of the gladius' performance thus far. It's a constant war between what is sparkly and what is needed. Ecks raises his eyebrows and nods. "No doubt it's nice, but between Morning Glory and other special projects" he says as he pats the silvered revolver, Mantooth, "this gladius has done everything I've asked it to. Hopefully Sel can help with some magically enhanced protections. Plus I'm rather fond of the trench coat."

Victor glances over at Ecks once more before heading out and nods approval, "The trench is a nice touch I gotta' admit. I think I'll write your sister when we get back and tell her that you've gone Cowboy.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:17 pm

"Cowboy? I was thinking corporate security. Maybe I should get fringes on it. She'd get a kick out of it. Now I just need a robot horse." he says as he looks over the information in front of him. "Speaking of Em, I need to send another letter soon. Speakman is the most recent news. That was a bit shocking."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 14

Max doesn't see what the problem is. He rubs a long large car lovingly and looks in the window. Well what do I do then.
"Does any one have any pre-cataclysm currency then? Gonna rent a truck with our good intentions. Maybe one of y'all got a drivers license?"
He shrugs and pulls off his helmet. He puts the helmet down and pulls out his harmonica.
He starts tapping his foot and playing.
Singing "Yeah, I'm so sorry
I got to leave my woman alone
Yeah, Im so sorry
I got to leave my baby alone
Well she got a cross eyed cat
Livin' without that man in her home"

Max continues to play and sing as people passed by he would smile and dance in hopes they might put something in his helmet.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:43 pm

Victor Singer wrote:((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:"How about Vic-Tor? More super villainy? I'm sure you're one monologue away from villainy. While you're idling, how about gathering up some other newspapers for info? Maybe take a peak around with Sel via the drone and see if you can ID any tech or if it's all unknown for the most part." Ecks says as he waits for the team to collect more info as he scans the paper and looks at the networks he is connected to via the wifi.

Victor actually thinks this over for a minute then shakes his head, "I think Lord Victor sounds better. Anyways, yeah, I'll have a look around. So far we haven't seemed to stick out too much in our power suits...sooo I'm gonna stay inside mine for now. Uh, does your exo there have the ability to receive video coms?". Victor waits for Ecks' answer then heads out, tracking Sel's drone and generally following it, "Sel, does your little guy there have a camera and if so, can you patch me into the feed for it?", Victor sets his HUD for a 3-way split image; left image is still showing the supers if the camera's are still tracking them, center image is for piloting, and the right image is for the drone feed if it's possible. Victor will keep an eye out for any newspapers and once he spots a TV screen he has a thought. "Hmmm, wonder if I can pull that up? Or at least the audio...", he begins a transmission scan using the suits communication systems, trying to pull in either a full video feed or, if not that, an audio feed of a news channel. If he succeeds, Victor will have the suit stop recording the supers and start a recording of the TV signal.

Sel replies to Victor saying "I designed the controls to send a video feed to VR helmet. I can fly it, if I had to, but only for about 16 minutes at time before I have to refresh my psychic connection to Scott. Max on the other hand would be able to fly it just from his training." Sel passes the VR headset and controls over to Max and asks "You up for a bit of scouting instead of playing the harmonica?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:11 pm

((rolls carried))

Radio Basic 1d100 = 76/108%

Ecks' brow wrinkles at Max's impetuousness. He finds his rapid transition into street performer amusing.

"Let's start with the least immediately noticeable methods first. Right now we are just collecting information. Find a rental shop if you can. Oh! I better sync your radio's encryption for our channel." Assuming Max lets him, Ecks will add their secure channel to his radio.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 78

" If I can be more of a help scouting than begging, then lets scout."
He offers up his radio for encryption.
"I will start up the block and if I don't see anything I will ask someone."
He picks up his helmet and checks for change.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:59 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Selenidaria wrote:Sel replies to Victor saying "I designed the controls to send a video feed to VR helmet. I can fly it, if I had to, but only for about 16 minutes at time before I have to refresh my psychic connection to Scott. Max on the other hand would be able to fly it just from his training." Sel passes the VR headset and controls over to Max and asks "You up for a bit of scouting instead of playing the harmonica?"

"Well if it transmit it's video through a wireless signal there should be a way to tap into and at least view it. Uh, what frequency is it transmitting on? I'll try tuning into it and see what happens. I've never tried using mage-mechanics before.", once he gets the frequency from Sel, assuming she tells it to him, Victor tries tuning his suits 3rd HUD screen into it.

{Skill Roll}
See previous post with skill rolls for the drone roll.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Sel stares incredulously at the mutant cat as he walks away from the drone control and helmet she tried to hand him. "Uh, the frequency is 326.87." Sel tells Victor with a confused tone. "You, uh, wouldn't happen to be able to fly my drone, would you? It would seem our crack pilot doesn't feel like piloting..."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:31 am

((rolls carried))

"Sorry Sel. I was sending him out to run down rental places, but if you need him to fly then that's fine. He could do the scouting with Scott. Whatever works for everyone." he says, content to let them hash out the details.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74
JIC: 1d100 = 26

The is just looking for a chance to wander the streets. He steps out into the street and starts walking down the sidewalk where he begins to ask passersby.
"Hey y'all, my friends and I need to go see get somewhere, can anyone tell me where to rent a truck?"
He smiles and tries to look ordinary.
Max is usually a friendly cat, but New York is not his element. He is still singing. He keeps moving and questioning people until he gets and answer.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Ecks » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:50 am

((rolls carried))

While Ecks reads through the information available to him, he also glances around. He asks a question to no one in particular, You know, since this isn't our earth we could potentially avoid the coming of the Rifts all together. Stay here, get a job. Lead relatively peace lives after we inflict some violence on the cause of our distress." he says with a smile that indicates he is joking. But his comment is one of those intellectually reckless ones. The question is serious but provocation to possibility. He would find it untenable with his family left behind but the surprises of this world are alluring in concept.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 76
Conditions: None.

Drake has been awfully quiet since they have arrived in this alternative past. Drake's survival instincts on edge in this strange place. If his face was visible, the others would see the look of worry on his face. The Redhawk replacement head on the little brother flits from side to side taking in their location.

Ecks wrote:"Well this is unexpected. Anyone have thoughts? The plan remains the same as I see it. The... super heroes... does put things in a different light. We may not have as easy of a time through here as we might have hoped. But we will see. Ok first, let's locate a base of operations. Let's see if we can find a moving van or box truck. Minkowski, any chance you could see what the social climate is here? We might be able to move around in gear without attracting too much information. Drake, any thoughts? Let me see if there is a fashion of wireless network here."

Drake shakes his head. "Did we come out in the right place?" Drakes synthesized voice replies, the distracted nature of it is pretty apparent.

Drake slowly follows the group around, keeping an eye out for threats to the team.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:33 pm

"I'm fairly certain that we're right where and when we need to be. Beyond that, it's up to us to find our way. Boss, as to staying here, I'd personally advise against it for several reasons. There's what is called the butterfly effect. Basically what it boils down to is this: a random minor event can have much more significant ramifications later in the timeline. For example we could see a total stranger about to be killed by a car, we stop them from crossing the street. A minor act with more significant ramifications, right? Except that it doesn't simply end there. That person winds up having a child who becomes a serial killer, or they go on to cure cancer, or any other incalculable number of combinations!" Sel exclaimed.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:52 am

((rolls carried))

Drake's question is one he has too. But he also feels that wherever they are, it's where they need to be.

Ecks smiles at Sel. "Everything is a butterfly effect. Literally every action we take certainly does have an impact on the future, even in our proper time. We just aren't looking at it from the future. I'm not sold in the ability to change history. Did you ever have deja vu as a child? I did. I would have vivid dreams about future events of a mundane nature. Eventually I started doing things intentionally to change the outcome. Then I started discovering that my attempts to change the outcome actually caused the scene I envisioned. They way I see it, if one of us stayed behind, in the future we've already stayed behind and every event in this place in the future has also occurred with the person in question in place. One of us could die here, but ultimately I wouldn't expect any cosmic realignment to account for our absence." he says. His recent experiences in split time has only serving to reinforce his thoughts.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Ecks wrote:((rolls carried))

Drake's question is one he has too. But he also feels that wherever they are, it's where they need to be.

Ecks smiles at Sel. "Everything is a butterfly effect. Literally every action we take certainly does have an impact on the future, even in our proper time. We just aren't looking at it from the future. I'm not sold in the ability to change history. Did you ever have deja vu as a child? I did. I would have vivid dreams about future events of a mundane nature. Eventually I started doing things intentionally to change the outcome. Then I started discovering that my attempts to change the outcome actually caused the scene I envisioned. They way I see it, if one of us stayed behind, in the future we've already stayed behind and every event in this place in the future has also occurred with the person in question in place. One of us could die here, but ultimately I wouldn't expect any cosmic realignment to account for our absence." he says. His recent experiences in split time has only serving to reinforce his thoughts.

"Ah, but that's the difference is when we were in the present with no knowledge of the future, our actions are unbiased. However being the in past, even if we knew every single variable to an event, regardless of significance, there is just simply no way to remove personal biases, unintentional and unconscious though they may be. By simply knowing what the result of a future event is supposed to be can change what that result really becomes, even if the person with the knowledge of the result of the event does everything in their power to ensure that it comes to pass as it originally should and take no steps to stop the result, for good or for ill for them or someone else, that very well could be enough to change the outcome of the event, because they have become fixated on not changing the outcome of that event that they could wind up altering how they view the world, which alters what they do in relation to something that doesn't have any connection to the other event, but those changes change other things and yadda yadda yadda. I mean, you obviously see the point I'm getting at by this point if you understand the Butterfly Effect, the biggest thing I was trying to point out is that there is in fact a difference between someone in their proper time doing things versus someone in the past doing things." Sel replies to Ecks, then continues with "But instead of philosophizing, we really need to figure out which way to go, and if this version of New York is at least mostly similar to the New York Bri knows, then it stands to reason that hew knowledge is still mostly useful. So Bri, is there anyplace in town where an Egyptian immigrant would feel the most comfortable?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm

"All true, but this isn't our past. We literally have no idea what the future here is. In every way this is a different place than where we just came from. However, even if it was our time so much as breathing in air and every step we take would create anomalies on a gigantic scale. That's ignoring the problem of the sudden introduction of new atoms. Of course the butterfly effect only comes into play if we rely on the McFly time travel model and not the Logan and Esquire model I subscribe to. Still, I hope you're right. Brianna's knowledge could still be of great use." Ecks says, enjoying the theoretical physics discourse. It gives a mildly normal feeling to the otherwise bizarre week he has been having.

Turning to Brianna he asks, "Are there any restaurants here in New York you remember Bri? Let's see if we can find it here and see just how similar this place is."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

"Eh, personally I am more of a Tennant to the Doctor's theory of time..." Sel says.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:04 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Selenidaria wrote:"Eh, personally I am more of a Tennant to the Doctor's theory of time..." Sel says.

Victor's head snaps around to Sel and he points at her and says over-excitedly, "Timey whimey! See?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Drake » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:35 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Drake watches the conversation about time travel and various theories and is super confused. "How are all of you suddenly experts in time travel?" Drake's synthesized voice asks dripping with confusion. Drake pilots the little brother in a rough circle around the group. "So we know nothing really about this dimension, and we have no clue where this goddess is. We're off to a great start." Drake says an edge of annoyance in his voice.
Drake
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:42 pm

"Experts? Hardly. My mentor trained me in temporal theories by showing me pre-apocalypse media on it, almost all of it conflicting one another. As for what we know of this dimension is almost the same amount of knowledge we have of our original dimension..." Sel clarifies to Drake as she keeps turning to face him.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:51 am

Local Conditions wrote:The Big Apple
  • Population: Unknown
  • Time: 0520 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

CRO-MAGS AT THE RITZ (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)

There is a tumultuous array of radio traffic, and beyond and below radio traffic as well. The ambient EMF is cacophonous. Fresh off interfacing with a wholly alien intelligence, Ecks has no problem locating an appropriate, "free", network. He's spammed by ads. He is able to extrapolate from his handheld computer that the riot of ads and digital junk would quickly overwhelm any sort of entoptic or wirelessly connected augmented reality systems. There must be standard filters available. Wading through the crap, he does achieve at a basic level, some understanding of this world: the currency for most of the world is a non-state backed, cyrptocurrency simple called the "credit". Project Daedalus is a hot topic in the news, and has an enormous amount of differing perspectives and conflicting "facts". The veracity of said facts, where people are soaring around throwing cars while wearing tights, seems a bit hard to judge. Other world events include unrest in South America, some strange phenomenon in the Middle East (the terms "prophetic" and "judgement day" were common), tensions in space are high after a serious of explosions on the Japanese space station under construction, among other calamities surrounded by a volume of celebrity dribble that almost makes Ecks pass out.

Oh, and there are no trucks for rent on Manhattan. No cars either. In the surrounding boroughs there are plenty. They are for hire only.

Smiling and being pleasant is greeted on the whole with, at best silence and the stink eye, and at worst a sassy, "Eh! I'm wawkin' heah!" from an eight year old jogging with his mom (or nanny). But the accent is exactly like Ecks' new Mad Haven mutant friends.

Victor's attention is generally focused on the two supers battling in out. They throw punches that smash through the hardened, reinforced concrete of the building, or snatching up one of the larger commercial vehicles and hitting each other with it. One, clad in a revealing skin tight silver body glove with blue accents, is probably a female human, but the feet are really weird looking, as if badly drawn. The other, clad only in a blue speedo, is a orange skinned hulking humanoid. The speedo makes it pretty clear this creature is male.

He is able to pickup some news broadcasts on the various radio stations, but none of the video around the area seems to be tied to it. Easily, Victor patches into the little drone. From the drone's vantage point, he get a good view of the park.

When Sel attempts to check her surroundings, the vertigo is terrifying. The city is like a cavern of steel and concrete, but one of such immense proportion that her mind can not tell which way is up or down. Seeking maybe some grounding, Sel's spell provides a very small bit of comfort: the magic works, but there is a very low mana level, like she has never felt before, but there is a steady presence of it at the obelisk. She makes the mistake of looking up again, and slams her hands to her head in turmoil and smashes her the radio antenna on her helmet. It's left sparking. She still has some radio, but it has about a ten foot range.

"We are in the right time, but still we have far to go," the dagger Mesi replies. But then Bri feels another voice in her head, and it is one of the most unexpected, unbelievable things she has ever encountered, and something she could never imagined. Maia's jealous voice says, "Do not trust this dagger, you do not know anything about it!"

Max may not feel without the presence of God at the moment, but his conviction in the existence of Hell is strengthened when he sees that almost every car is driverless. Most do not even have a location for a physical pilot or driver. They are moving through ground and aerial traffic in almost perfect unison. There is no doubt a lot of traffic, but there is no honking, shouting, speeding, or any of the other bad, inept and aggressive behavior that makes vehicular travel so much fun. Stealing one will be more difficult than a simple hotwire.

A time-hopping secret agent seems to be quite at home in this crazy world. Nobody notices however that Mink may have had a reaction, however brief it might have been, different from the amazement found in everyone else's face. Partly, of course, she's encased in armor which tends to conceal most reactions. Everyone knows to expect the feisty know-it-all to get straight to work and get things done, and that she does. Networks, she networks. While compatible is not an accurate description of what she finds, much like Ecks, she finds these networks analyzable and with a little work, perfectly accessible. The hodge podge networks in North America has provided experience in adapting to the computation situation. But Mink goes a step beyond Ecks' intrusion. Mink digs. She discovers protected networks and exploits them. Her drones reinforce the digital information. She can see police lights off in the distance. The sirens are coming from speakers on the nearby buildings.

The cops are on the way but someone is currently hacking the traffic grid, creating gridlock. There is an array of unidentified spimes surrounding the fight, and while the data flowing off them is heavily encrypted, it likely contains video and audio of the fight in progress. The vehicles, on the ground and in the air, are all on a controlling network.

News reports identify the supers as Palladium (the female with badly drawn feet) and Proton (the guy in purple trunks). Palladium hails from the Century Station in the news reports, and is by most considered a "hero". There are of course many dissenting voices about the raise of vigilantism by these supers. The fellow is a self described super-villain. He has made not mystery of his identity as a former Russian nuclear lab tech who gained powers during a tragic accident. He also likes to hurt people and break things.

As a trained spy, Mink knows the fastest way to make money is to steal it. The credit information is just whizzing around through the air. Surely someone has tried to take it before.

Until Max started busking, it was Drake that got the most looks. Something about his armor struck people as familiar, familiar enough that they quickly averted their eyes and moved on. When Max starts busking though, they forget all about Drake!

A few minutes after the cat starts his performance a small drone appears with official looking markings and it says in a melodius voice, "Please provide your park performers license."

What are you doing?

GM Notes:
  • List

Butcher's Bill:
    Note
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 71

Ecks is frustrated but not surprised by the constraints of the big city. The events in the Middle East garner his attention. He begins searching those articles to gather more information about the events. He mentions the news to everyone. "It looks like there are some happenings in the Middle East worthy of note. I wonder if this has news for us?"

Max's impromptu performance and the accompanying scrutiny alarms Ecks. He's seen how little infractions in big cities become serious issues. "Hey Max, I'd take a break on the ol' soft shoe."

Turning to Sel, he says, "Do you have any tricks up your sleeve to help? If this gets out of control, I can be a bit more direct, but I'd hate to jump to that right away."

Remembering some of Drake's skills but unsure of their scope, he asks "Drake, can you mess with that drone's sensors without utterly destroying it?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 40
Conditions: None.

Ecks wrote:"Drake, can you mess with that drone's sensors without utterly destroying it?"

Drake shrugs and leaps up and grabs at the drone. (1d20+4 = 19; No damage.) With drone in hand, Drake flips it upside down and looks for a power switch or a battery. (General Repair & Maintenance 1d100 = 33/65%) If Drake finds one, he switches it off or unplugs it and hands it to Ecks. If not he hands it to Ecks to deal with.

"Easy enough." Drake says, the smile can be heard behind his helmet.
Drake
M.D.C. by Location:
Armor:
Weapons:
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25
JIC: 1d100 = 67

Max returns to the hedge at the park. This place bothers him. Apparently people dont drive here anymore. Pan handling and street performing are out because no one carries hard currency. And when he starts talking about God he gets shunned and chased off. One young girl called him cat Hitler for praying out loud.
"I think we gonna need to walk out of here boss" he shrugs and frowns. "There is mass transit all over, maybe we can hop a train. I always wanted to ride a train. Either way we should get out of town before we start ti draw more attention to ourselves." He motions to the sirens.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Ecks » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Ecks looks on in disbelief as Drake snatches it out of the air and hands it to him. "Drake, I... " he lets his sentence trail off as he tosses the drone to the way side. "Ok, let's move before we get arrested."

As he walks, he replies to Max. "I'd wager all the mass transit is tied to ID's. I'm trying to gain info now. But yes we need to make a decision" Ecks wrestles with a couple options, including passing themselves off as super heroes. Of course the question is, would that help or hurt them? Also, they may view super heroes leveling things with their fists a bit different than opening up with weapons."Oh, why not? Ok, quick show of hands. I say we help bring down the guy in the speedo. It puts us in the lime light, but maybe we can make an inroad with the right people. If the police are being blocked, we might have time to help. But if we do, I don't want to use any weapons unless it becomes critical. We take him down alive if we do it at all." Ecks says in a manner that is wildly optimistic with a lack of other things guide his thoughts.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 34

1d10 = 4

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 78/170 (x10)

Brianna is very surprised when she hears the voice of Maia, a voice she hadn't heard in quite some time. 'Nice to hear from you again, Maia.' Brianna replies to her taciturn weapon. 'In this case, I think we can trust Mesi as she is devoted to Isis, who we are trying to rescue.'

When Ecks says he thinks the group should help the group, Brianna looks hesitant. ”I'm don't think this is a good idea. We really don't want to be in the spotlight, given our present mission. Mesi confirms we're in the right time, but we still have far to go to get to our destination."

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Next