BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:26 pm

Ecks sighs at the words of reason. "Yes, you're right. Well then, we best get out of here. It doesn't seem like the armor is that big of a deal to these people right this moment. So let's just walk casually though the woods. Let's make our way towards the river to the north west. My thought is to see about getting a boat a little further inland and find a vacant location to set up a base of operation as Mink suggested. It's simply too packed here with camera's everywhere." he says, not wishing to accidentally show up on their most wanted list.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 am

Local Conditions wrote:The Big Apple
  • Population: Unknown
  • Time: 0525 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

Nobody knows what's in your future.
Though death and unhappiness are certain.

NOBODY KNOWS WHAT'S IN YOUR FUTURE....THOUGH DEATH AND UNHAPPINESS ARE CERTAIN (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)
Superheroes, parks, drones, self-driving cars (isn't that just another drone?), overbearing law? Isn't that just what the golden age is all about?

Eck's finds reputable news sources explaining the funk in the middle east as aberrant weather patterns caused by solar flares, or unusual animal behavior as some sort of light pollution phenomena. There are many other equally ludicrous, "plausible" explanations. The "alt" media, seems more realistic given Eck's future-knowledge. The leading theory is centered on an ancient city called Memphis. The quick and easy interpretation offered by a few helpful chaps, has this all centered in Memphis, TN. But....that's pretty much crackpot, tinfoil hat kind of thing. Memphis, 20km south-ish of Giza, is the epicenter of the craziness.

Of course, there is a slight distraction as Drake manhandles the pesky police drone. The little guy doesn't know how to react and emits a series of truncated siren bursts before going silent. It's little waving appendages go still in a moment. The radio network blazes for a second when the drone's battery hatch is breached. But it ends quickly (except for a faint low level signal that is barely detectable, barely as in no one does).

Max quickly becomes a secondary distraction. But he has the opportunity to watch the crowd watch Drake's crass action. Most people don't even notice. Given the apparent trappings of a police state, the crowd's reaction is a little incongruent. Of course, there are some individuals that are gawking, but they are the vast minority.

The waves of the psychic tumult still wash back and forth through Bri's brain, but in their weakened state, they do not create a tsunami of discord. Fun! Her twin rune weapons do create a certain tension of their own, and Bri can feel for a moment that they aren't talking to each other. But Maia, clearly the more uncomfortable with the situation breaks the silence first. I'm not entirely sure what this other weapon means to you. In a slightly pedantic tone, Mesi responds, I mean nothing, I'm a merely a means to an end.

Despite the distractions, Bri is also aware that the local populace seems a bit more inured to the crazy than she remembers.

Across a few streets, up a ways, the battle between the supers continues to rage on. A few police air cars have arrived and are clearing the area of bystanders. But the reaction from the crowd isn't even as big a deal as it was five minutes ago.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Note
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 33% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 17

Victor follows Ecks' lead as the group moves on, but continues to keep the cameras on the 2 supers fighting it out so long as Sels' drone and/or his suits cameras can track them, but he lets the suit handle that. He keeps his eyes on his immediate surroundings, people, and law enforcement. "Lead on.", he says to Ecks.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 98

Seriously? how hard could it be to walk out of Manhattan? Max is still very tired and it may be affecting his better judgement. A deep breath and a quick prayer. Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. He feels better.

"Alright boss man lets go. but lets stop for some pizza."
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 52

1d10 = 9

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 78/170 (x10)

Ecks sighs at the words of reason. "Yes, you're right. Well then, we best get out of here.”

Brianna pats Ecks on the shoulder sympathetically. ”Don't worry.” Brianna says to him with a playful wink. ”I'm sure before this is all over, you'll have plenty of chances to get into fights.” Brianna then falls quiet as she listens to the continued conversation of her weapons, grateful that Mesi's presence was stopping the painful mind storms she had been having. She can't help but liken it to a conversation between an old friend and new friend. The old friend is jealous of the new friend,which surprises Brianna to no end. 'Mesi just wants to help us on this mission.' Brianna attempts to reassure Maia. 'Plus, thanks to her, I'm not having any of those awful mind storms.'

"Alright boss man lets go. but lets stop for some pizza."

Brianna grins at Max when he suggests they get pizza. ”I second that idea. Pizza here is pretty tasty from what I remember.” Looking around, Brianna comments, “The people here must be used to all this chaos. Where I'm from, this is definitely not normal.” Brianna gestures toward the super hero fight. “Super heroes were mostly just fiction. They weren't real.”
Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 89

Ecks pull up the maps from the Museum they had photographed. The question is do we go further inland or find something local? For the meantime I guess we should work for speed until we can get a firm assessment of what's going on."Alright, let's head for the harbor. We should be able to find an old warehouse or similar. There are also a couple islands with abandoned structures, or at least there were in the museum. Let's just keep our eyes open."

He grins and lifts an eyebrow at Brianna. "Strategic fisticuffs. You know how delicate we are most of the time." he says sarcastically.

With that he directs everyone towards the northeast. "Let's move quickly and intently. Sel, keep your drone moving as a look out since Victor's tied in. Drake you and Minkowski are still probably best as our scouts for the mean time. Everyone good with that?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5/31% (46% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination) Pass!
Just in Case: 1d100 = 37/1d20 = 8

Sel watches as Max gets fined by a drone for playing music before Victor disables it and thinks to herself You have to pay to play music? What an odd time... She sees Bri say to Ecks he will have plenty of chances for other fights, and Ecks reply of strategic, Sel chips in with "I feel we should keep our fighting to a minimum while we are here, if for no other reason than getting involved in a fight could delay us and it really doesn't sound like we have time to get delayed." When food is mentioned, Sel says "Did anyone think to pack any food? Also, do we have any currency that can be used here?" Thinking about currency made her think about how much it would cost for them to take a taxi to the docks, so she flags down a robo-cab and asks "How much for a lift to the docks district?" When Ecks tells her to fly her drone along with the group, she sighs and says with exasperation "Sir, that's what I've been trying to get Max to do for me as I can only psychically link to it for only about 14 minutes at a time before I forget how to fly it, Max already learned how to do it through practice. Can you please get him to fly Scott for me?" Sel pleads.
Selenidaria

OOC Comments
Selenidaria
HP: 19/19
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 90/90
ISP: 27/27

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Millenium Tree Leaf Armor MDC: 60/60

MP-10 MageFire Bolt Rifle 5d6+3 MD/1d6x10+ 6 Ammo: 17/18
Recharge: 40 PPE/80 ISP

Crawler Half-Track - Selenidaria's Techno-wizardry Crawler Initiative - STCI (a.k.a. Staci)
M.D.C. by Location
*Front Tires (2) - 50 each
*Side Tracks (2) - 110 each
Windshield (front) - 25
Side Windows (4) - 15 each
Cargo Bay Portals (8, Sides) - 10 each
*Main Gun - (1: Cab) - 50
*Mini-Missile Launcher (1: Cab) - 75
Sensor Cluster/Communications Array - 60
Bay Door/Ramp (Rear; Large) - 130
Headlights (4) - 8 each
Main Body - 355/440
* A single asterisk means the location is a small and difficult target to hit. Thus, it can only be hit when a character makes a called shot and even then the attacker is - 4 to strike.
** Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will destroy the vehicle entirely.

Chipwell CAI-50 Challenger Light Combat Armor - Chippy
Model Type: CAI-50
Class: Light Infantry Armor Military Exo-Skeleton
Crew: One
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms (2): 20 each
Legs (2): 50 each.
*Head: 50
**Main Body: 120
Selenidaria

Postby Ecks » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 am

The concept of forgetting how to operate something is so alien to him he has to process it. Shane had also mentioned an ability of his similar to that. Shane! Well I hope he made his way through Madhaven. Everything happened so quick I forgot to mention him to the Garden folk.

"Max, would you care to run the drone for a bit?"

Ecks looks to the northeast and begins walking that direction, following Drake and Minkowski ((assuming they are scouting ahead)).
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11; 1d100 = 77
Conditions: None really.

Drake follows along after the group, his power armor making the walk less strenuous at the very least. It during times like these that Drake is most concerned, idyllic locations usually have some manner of trap involved. So Drake does what any good survival minded individual from a hellish post apocalyptic future would do, he quietly freaks out. Drake keeps looking around for threats real and imagined, while following the party.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 71

Selenidaria wrote:"Did anyone think to pack any food? Also, do we have any currency that can be used here?" Thinking about currency made her think about how much it would cost for them to take a taxi to the docks, so she flags down a robo-cab and asks "How much for a lift to the docks district?" When Ecks tells her to fly her drone along with the group, she sighs and says with exasperation "Sir, that's what I've been trying to get Max to do for me as I can only psychically link to it for only about 14 minutes at a time before I forget how to fly it, Max already learned how to do it through practice. Can you please get him to fly Scott for me?" Sel pleads.

Victor looks over at Sel, "Yeah, I brought meal bars along...here let me get you a few.", he stops to unsling both his rifle and duffel bag and rummages around in it until he finds the packs of meal bars. Unwrapping a bundle of them he looks around to the others, "Anyone else want some?". Victor pops open his face plate and begins to unwrap a bar for himself, while doing so he looks around at the people walking along the sidewalks. As he looks from person to person he suddenly glances at his ion rifle, then at the large quantity of explosives in his duffel bag, then back at the people of this Golden Age. "Uh, people....I don't mean to alarm anyone, but we might want to stash our heavier weapons and any explosives.", Victor tries to spot anyone carrying anything heavier then a pistol, using all of his suits cameras and the drone, as he continues talking, "Taking a look at most of these people I see a fair number of people carrying side arms, but that's about it. While our power suits and bionics seem pretty common place, the heavier guns being carried seem to be confined to law enforcement only."

{Skill Rolls}
Find Contraband 56% / 1d100 = 14%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 30

Max walks down the street in a very relaxed nonchalant manner. He has already had a chance to check out the area in person so now hes feeling chill. He steps up to Sel and pulls out his flask. He takes a small sip and offers some to her.
"Sorry. I wasn't trying blow you off honey. Id love to fly your little drone baby."He shakes the flask. He smiles and purrs a little.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:41 am

Local Conditions wrote:The Big Apple
  • Population: Unknown
  • Time: 0535 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

Nobody knows what's in your future.
Though death and unhappiness are certain.

WHERE HE TRAVELLED TIME...FOR THE FUTURE OF MANKIND (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)

The shock and awe of the past, and of a vast field of early morning yoga, maybe have precluded the AAPS team from fully analyzing their situation. Superheroes are a big distraction too. But beginning with Max's disturbing discovery about the automated vehicles, the hits just keep on coming.

Their is the somewhat odd blasé attitude of the general populace. The superhero battle is raging, with approaching sirens and all, but the yoga-ites are back to their Goddess Poses (how apropos) and back to ignoring the spectacle.

Generally, the general populace are human, and clearly so. But a large population, large enough to be non-negligible, but not the majority, is not. There are mutant animals, similar to Max. Dogs, cats, bears, and other friendly mammals wander to and fro on their business. Max notices, with parallels to his own experiences as a cat surrounded by humans, that the mutants are treated somewhat differently. Not vicious cruel, but, different. Sel is aware of it too, but growing up in a more "open" kind of society it confuses her a little.

Ecks has a different set of observations. There are cyborgs everywhere. All sorts, minimal mods, moderate and full conversion. That's cool and all, Merctown has plenty, for sure. But this is different. A lot of this is cosmetic, no combat mods visible at all. The people borg'd out seem to be just normal parts of the crowd, they don't cause a stir.

Vic can't help but notice, and Ecks can't help either, there are also lots of power armor and robots everywhere! Doing construction work, carrying stuff, just walking around chatting it up with the odd mutant-cyborg fashionista.

Vic is too distracted by the hardware itself to realize, though Ecks does: there are no weapons anywhere. Not event he smallest laser pistol. Not even a vibro-knife!!

Ah, but the thing most shocking, to Max at least, there isn't a religious symbol in sight. No crosses, stars, crescents, wheels, crossing swords, whirls, spirals, etc. Nothing.

The cops handling the supers don't even seem to be packing.

Holstered, slung and otherwise not being brandished, so far no one has taken a second look at AAPS. Except for the whole drone mauling, that is.

But as they peek out from Central Park, the most welcoming sight of all:
What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Note
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Drake » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 55/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 44
Conditions: None.

Drake keeps following the group, his anxiety easing ever so slightly. "So if the goddess isn't here, what could we do to figure out where the fight actually is?" Drake says questioningly. Drake takes a moment, and pops the seal of his helmet and pulls it off to clip the Little Brother's waist. "Either the superhuman's fighting are so common that they don't care, or that maybe none of fights tend to have collateral damage. The fact that no one seems to be armed is strange, they're not worried about anything it seems. That disturbs me a bit." Drake says.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:06 pm

Perception 65%/1d100 = 79 FAIL
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 27

"I'm pretty sure it's a matter of there are quick reaction forces, like that 'hero' and then police for everything else. One thing our time doesn't have a lot of, unless you're in Ishpeming or the CS, is a lot of police enforcing weapons laws. Remember how I got us set up looking like a coherent, if varied force? They probably view us as some unknown group of heroes or vigilantes who are currently doing nothing wrong. I'm going to see if I can get some local funds to eat off of."

With that, Mink searches for online bank accounts without much in the way of identification needed. She's learned how to do this in her own home and in the CS and Northern Gun, and she is certain that it won't be that hard. At the same time she puts up a message on a few message boards she finds offering her footage of the fight to anyone willing to pay - after she scrubs it of personally identifying stuff.

Streetwise 35%/EP Auto Success - to find mention of how to get a no ID bank account
Photography 45%/1d100 = 30 - to Trim the video down to good shots worth selling
Computer Operation 75%/1d100 = 55 - To set it up and find a place to sell the video/pictures
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 35

Victor is having a hard time here. You would think a naked, drop-dead gorgeous woman had suddenly walked by, but no. He has suddenly noticed the RCV's and power armor suits of this era. Victor begins to quietly geek out, now ignoring the super hero fight he retrains both his suits and the drones cameras on the extensive variety of robotic attire. "Ecks, Mink, Sel, are you guys seeing this?", he says after several minutes of ogling, his brain picking apart the custom modifications that many of the power suits are sporting, "No two suits of power armor are the same...I mean, it looks like there are dozen of base models, like NG's line of human sized suits. But every single one has been modified! Although, I can't figure out what purpose most of these mods have. I mean, why does a suit with a jet pack need wings from a butterfly? Or a furry cat tail? And I don't see one single paint job that makes any tactical sense! Wait, hold on....oh, now that is just wrong. I just spotted a suit with a black, yellow, and pink camouflage pattern! Ecks, does any of this make sense to you?".

Victor continues to watch, record, and analyze every single robot, RCV, and power armor suit he or the cameras can see. The discovery of a pizzeria doesn't even seem to enter into his thoughts, although he does follow the group inside, should everyone decide to head in there. If food arrives, he eats...but this is more like his body doing automatic functions, he doesn't really look at what he is eating.

{Skill Rolls}
Fanatic Robophile 76%/1d100 = 21%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 am

(rolls held)
Mink *HAS* seen things like this. While military systems are not allowed, certain executives and celebrities can get dispensation for very light power armor and they tend to dress them up to their own tastes - often extravagantly. "Fashion," she states plainly. "They are done up in a way to suggest it is a fashion statement as much as anything. It's probably also a sign of wealth."
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 65

Ecks nods at Drake's comment. "Disturbing is an interesting way to put it, but ultimately I agree. From what I've read there is fighting still at least in other places. I've never seen any place no matter how homogeneous where people get along peacefully all the time. It raises the question of how conflict resolution is handled if opinions aren't swayed with words and smiles."

If expectations are anything, Ecks continues to be surprised. However, considering the supernatural nature of their arrival and other recent events he simply nods. "Yeah Singer. Weird, eh? The weapons though. I suppose it's best to keep everything stashed out of sight if possible." he says, keeping his trench coat buttoned to conceal his own weapons. "Fashion or convenience." he says in reply to Mink. "Still, considering how much we have to pay for such things in our time, everyone must be loaded here or maybe they're all flash and sparkle. Actual quality might be a bit lacking. Hard to say really. If it is fashion, I'd expect that even though everything looks customized, there might be a few manufacturers offering mass produced customizations."

Spotting the pizza shop, he raises an eyebrow. "Bri, did your time have a Ray's pizza? Any good? Either way, I could go for some pizza. How about everyone else?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm

(rolls held)
"Why do you think I'm trying to sell some pictures online and get some local currency." Mink grins. "The pizza smells amazing at least. I had some this one guy said he had bought from a place in one of the cities aside from Chi-Town. Anyway, he claimed it was the best pizza in existence. I'd like to test that theory." She grins.
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:07 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:Mink *HAS* seen things like this. While military systems are not allowed, certain executives and celebrities can get dispensation for very light power armor and they tend to dress them up to their own tastes - often extravagantly. "Fashion," she states plainly. "They are done up in a way to suggest it is a fashion statement as much as anything. It's probably also a sign of wealth."

Victor pulls a face, "Fashion? Like, fancy suits and dresses and shit? Wait, you mean to tell me these folks are wearing power armor for no other reason then the way it looks? That just seems...wrong.".

Ecks wrote:If expectations are anything, Ecks continues to be surprised. However, considering the supernatural nature of their arrival and other recent events he simply nods. "Yeah Singer. Weird, eh? The weapons though. I suppose it's best to keep everything stashed out of sight if possible." he says, keeping his trench coat buttoned to conceal his own weapons. "Fashion or convenience." he says in reply to Mink. "Still, considering how much we have to pay for such things in our time, everyone must be loaded here or maybe they're all flash and sparkle. Actual quality might be a bit lacking. Hard to say really. If it is fashion, I'd expect that even though everything looks customized, there might be a few manufacturers offering mass produced customization's."

Spotting the pizza shop, he raises an eyebrow. "Bri, did your time have a Ray's pizza? Any good? Either way, I could go for some pizza. How about everyone else?"

Victor is still hung up on the idea of power armor being equated to formal attire so his response is distracted, "Yeah, pizza, sure whatever...".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:12 pm

(rolls held)
Victor Singer wrote:Victor pulls a face, "Fashion? Like, fancy suits and dresses and shit? Wait, you mean to tell me these folks are wearing power armor for no other reason then the way it looks? That just seems...wrong.".

"I used to write stories on it for magazines out of Ishpeming. There's a thriving after-market, especially among executives and high paid specialists, not to mention athletes, who need to get out in the field and have more credits than sense. I've heard it's worse in Free Quebec and over with Triax. I know these guys in the free running scene who trick out their power armor with all kinds of stuff simply to look cool. And I've seen some interesting team jobs in the arenas too."

And it was all true. That had been the more enjoyable aspect of establishing her cover.
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:16 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:"I used to write stories on it for magazines out of Ishpeming. There's a thriving after-market, especially among executives and high paid specialists, not to mention athletes, who need to get out in the field and have more credits than sense. I've heard it's worse in Free Quebec and over with Triax. I know these guys in the free running scene who trick out their power armor with all kinds of stuff simply to look cool. And I've seen some interesting team jobs in the arenas too."

And it was all true. That had been the more enjoyable aspect of establishing her cover.

"Don't get me wrong...I like a good custom paint job now and then. But when I mod out my suits, I upgrade, I don't be-dazzle! Why dump money into custom armor playing if it doesn't help stop the other guy from tearing you a new one?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:22 pm

(rolls held)
Mink shrugs. "Because it flies well with the viewing public and it looks cool as hell. I mean I saw one girl who used hers in free running and had it looking like she was an angel, right down to LEDs to give her that 'angelic glow.' She had it scultped to mirror her own curves too. I don't swing that way, but I might have for her. But keep in mind, we're not talking professional mercs or military for the most part. We're talking folks who don't rely on it to keep them alive. They just like the boost it gives. One of the reasons I like mine is it's not obvious. Most just assume I'm a beefy woman, not that I'm in stealth power armor."

It was nice to not have to dissemble everything. Of course that was the reason she put so much into establishing covers - so she could have real conversations while in character. 'I'll need to get at the Knight's library when we get back. See what they know about temporal magic.'
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:31 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:Mink shrugs. "Because it flies well with the viewing public and it looks cool as hell. I mean I saw one girl who used hers in free running and had it looking like she was an angel, right down to LEDs to give her that 'angelic glow.' She had it scultped to mirror her own curves too. I don't swing that way, but I might have for her. But keep in mind, we're not talking professional mercs or military for the most part. We're talking folks who don't rely on it to keep them alive. They just like the boost it gives. One of the reasons I like mine is it's not obvious. Most just assume I'm a beefy woman, not that I'm in stealth power armor."

It was nice to not have to dissemble everything. Of course that was the reason she put so much into establishing covers - so she could have real conversations while in character. 'I'll need to get at the Knight's library when we get back. See what they know about temporal magic.'

Victor thinks on that for a moment, "An angel huh? And this was for a sporting event? Like the arena fights up in the MI? I thought about entering one of those, for fun anyways. Is it some kind of requirement to make your suit look flashy to enter that kind of event?", Victor keeps the questions coming, apparently Mink knows more about this sort of thing. In response to her comment about her own body Victor shrugs and says, "I think your built just fine...", realizes what he just said, "I mean...you look....uh. I-I'm gonna just eat some pizza now.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:55 pm

(rolls held)

Mink gives a decidedly girlish giggle. "Thanks Romeo. Yeah, it's called free running. It's a sport about moving through urban environments as fast as you can. I'm actually pretty accomplished at it. I won the amateur championship last year. The armor I wear when not in my power armor is what I won from that. But the ones doing it in power armor are faster and do even more amazing jumps. 50 to 100 feet at a time, through windows and doors from the building over. It's not required to compete, but it helps getting sponsors to pay for your repairs. Still waiting to see if I can get money so we don't have to wash dishes for the pizza."
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Mink wrote:Mink gives a decidedly girlish giggle. "Thanks Romeo. Yeah, it's called free running. It's a sport about moving through urban environments as fast as you can. I'm actually pretty accomplished at it. I won the amateur championship last year. The armor I wear when not in my power armor is what I won from that. But the ones doing it in power armor are faster and do even more amazing jumps. 50 to 100 feet at a time, through windows and doors from the building over. It's not required to compete, but it helps getting sponsors to pay for your repairs. Still waiting to see if I can get money so we don't have to wash dishes for the pizza."

Victor sighs with relief that Mink did not take that the wrong way. Hearing the conversation steered back into familiar territory, he first removes his helmet so the conversation is not through mics and speakers anymore, "So this free running is done in power armor? Hmmm, I might have to try it just because. Uh, what other sports are done in power suits?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:32 pm

"I've heard some leagues of Murderthon allow power armored players. Most power armor sports I know of involve either feats of agility, precision, and obstacle courses. I think there is one involving football that juicers, crazies, and borgs also play, as opposed to full on Murderthon. But all of those suits are bare bones models. Just speed, strength, and maybe jump boosters. Armor is light to non-existent so as to keep them fast."
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Perception 1d100 = 16/85% >looking for armor that needs small repair
Recognize Machine Quality: 1d100 = 15/90% >judging different types of power armor worn, identify brands or makes particularly those of a performance variety
Roadwise: 1d100 = 21/77% >to talk to his people

Mink's mention of money reminds Ecks of their predicament. "Let me know once you manage an account." Seeing Mink's entrepreneurial spirit, Ecks looks around, particularly for those in power armor. I would sport some of these power armors in a heart beat. he thinks to himself. Invariably just as with cars, there are going to be those with performance models and those that tag along in admiration of the performance models. He watches people for a bit while Mink is doing her stuff, looking for someone wearing good quality gear. "I'm going to try to drum up some cash as well. Hopefully no more drones. I'll be back in a bit"

If he can find such a person he will approach casually and use his interpersonal skills developed on the job. "Hey, nice armor. I'm not familiar with it. It looks sweet though. What's the specs?" he says, throwing out a hook. It's hard for any gearhead to NOT talk about their gear. Once he gets him talking, he'll add "Yeah my friends and I are passing through town. Where do you have your work done? Any places around here to go full out?" he continues. Hopefully if he can get an idea where the gearheads gather, he might be able to make some money and some contacts.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 85

Max is walking along waiting for a response from the cute red headed elf. Shes damn near a foot taller than he is but he makes a mental note to say a few Our Fathers for the thoughts he had about her. Then he smelled the food. Max hasn't slept or ate in a while and if he cant sleep, food will do. He starts to loose his cool demeanor.
"Hey yall... I dont know about yall but Im eating."
Max then makes an immediate bee line for the pizza.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Mink » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:22 pm

(rolls held)

Mink grins as credits hit her account. "Got it. Who wants pizza? I'm buying."

She walks in and looks at the menu. She gets everyone's input and then orders pizza for the group. One is a Ray's Famous Special Pizza, with extra meat and cheese. She also orders one called a barbecue pizza and is curious about it.
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:20 am

((rolls carried))

Assuming Ecks gets some general information where gearheads gather to compare power armor he returns to the group where Mink offers to buy pizza. "Pizza? Most generous of you Minkowski! I'm guessing you had some luck. I'm a pepperoni and anchovies guy but I'm good with whatever. What about everyone else? At least we won't see any Hell's Horsemen here. Too bad there's not an Old Grand Dad's here but this might be alright too." He says the last bit with a smile aimed at Drake and Bri. It makes him think of Beanpole however. He remembers being there with everyone at the time after the disaster in Sarasota County.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 38

"Im so hungry right now I'll eat anything, But if you got credits maybe after this you can get me a refill"He purrs at Mink shaking his flask at her. "And I need some caffeine or Im gonna sleep here." Max slips into a chair and gets comfortable
Maximillian O'Malley

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services