BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Ecks wrote:((rolls carried))

Ecks seems only mildly interested in the race, but is also cautious about doing too much to get noticed. "I'd just make sure to make yourselves seem less military-esque. That seems to helping us but there might be more involved with that. but yeah, let's head that way."


"I was already planning on it, judging from the vibe I was getting off that person you had been talking to. I'll get with Mink about what would be the best look, for me, that way I also don't wind up doing something too close to hers at the same time. It just wouldn't do for two women to show up to the same event wearing the same thing, you know." Sel says, adding extra flare to the last line.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 48% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 59

Victor settles down for food with the rest, snagging a couple slices himself, "Say, thanks Mink! This is damn good!". He manages to gets some sauce and cheese on the front of his power armor. "So, who's up for this race? I know it's not our mission here...but come on!", he leans forward and attempts to whisper, "How often do you get to go back in time and run a power suit race? Besides, like Sel said, we could use the money."

Listen to the ongoing conversation, at least partially, Victor goes back to eyeing the citizens walking around in power armor. Getting an idea from Ecks' example, Victor looks around the pizza shop for someone sporting a suit that is completely, or close to completely, unmodified and decides to approach him or her....after wiping the pizza off his chest plate that is. "Excuse me, mind if I ask you about your suit? I'm, uh...from overseas and I'm not familiar with that base model you've got.". If the person is male, Victor offers his hand for a shake, if female he offers his hand and leans over it for a "kiss", barely brushing his lips against the armor plate.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:00 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 3

1d10 = 8

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Mesi transmits an irritated thought at Bri, I do not understand all the geo-political terms I have heard cross your mind. Middle East is not a designation I am familiar with. Our goddess thrived by the fertile Nile. Before Bri can react, Maia does, Yes, the Nile is part of Egypt which is part of the Middle East.


Brianna continues to happily eat the pizza in front of her, unsure of when she'll get another chance to eat pizza like this again. When Mesi transmits her thoughts, she swallows the bite of pizza she had taken out of habit, given that she didn't have to verbally answer. However, before she can answer, Maia does it for her. Thanks, Maia. Yes, the Middle East is where Egypt is. A lot has changed since your time. Maia and I will answer your questions as best we can, Mesi.

Brianna's a bit surprised to see Max pick an empty booth and fall asleep, but shrugs and figures he might as well get some sleep while he can. 'Who knows what we're going to run into on this trip' Brianna thinks to herself. She continues to eat listening to the conversation. Hearing Sel's comment, she can't help but comment, ”I've never understood why it's such a bad thing if two women are wearing similar outfits.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Brianna Clarke wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d20 = 17
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 9, Original post: 1d100 = 3

Original post: 1d10 = 8

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Mesi transmits an irritated thought at Bri, I do not understand all the geo-political terms I have heard cross your mind. Middle East is not a designation I am familiar with. Our goddess thrived by the fertile Nile. Before Bri can react, Maia does, Yes, the Nile is part of Egypt which is part of the Middle East.


Brianna continues to happily eat the pizza in front of her, unsure of when she'll get another chance to eat pizza like this again. When Mesi transmits her thoughts, she swallows the bite of pizza she had taken out of habit, given that she didn't have to verbally answer. However, before she can answer, Maia does it for her. Thanks, Maia. Yes, the Middle East is where Egypt is. A lot has changed since your time. Maia and I will answer your questions as best we can, Mesi.

Brianna's a bit surprised to see Max pick an empty booth and fall asleep, but shrugs and figures he might as well get some sleep while he can. 'Who knows what we're going to run into on this trip' Brianna thinks to herself. She continues to eat listening to the conversation. Hearing Sel's comment, she can't help but comment, ”I've never understood why it's such a bad thing if two women are wearing similar outfits.”


"To be perfectly honest, neither can I, but as they say, 'When in Rome...'." Sel says to Bri and shrugs at the end.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:35 am

Local Conditions wrote:The Big Apple
  • Location: The Garden
  • Population: Unknown
  • Time: 0610 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

ANY TIME WILL DO, I DON'T MIND (Quinn)
Quinn stumbled down the road, having been up all night, she was tired. Having been drinking up the last of her savings, she was bleary-eyed. She seemed to be in the vicinity of Central Park. Even at 6am this godforsaken place was still full of flashing lights and loud, ear piercing noises, like people talking. People should shut up and respect her current state of discontent. Somehow, however, through all the drink-induced numbing of all her senses, Quinn's eyes caught the shape of things that seemed familiar.

Then she heard voices, and their speech was accented in strange way. A strange and intimately familiar way. She couldn't tell you what make and model the power armor these people were wearing were, but she could tell you they belonged to her time. Her home. It was a group, five or six maybe, including a mutant of some kind. And they were going into Ray's.

No matter what else, the growl in Quinn's stomach made following this group into Ray's seem like an excellent idea. Maybe she could beg a few credits off of them for a slice.

IF YOU CAN HEAR THIS WHISPER YOU ARE DYING (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max!!)

Heads down and using the local networks, forgetting conveniently that this data too is probably zipping over the global satellite network at some point, Sel's research provides adequate results. The port in question is the largest port in the greater New York area: Port Newark-Elizabeth. Power armor races are a legitimate, legal sport with professional leagues all over the world. It is also one of the most common forms of illegal street competitions. Reality shows abound about this activity, along with many major big studio entertainment blockbuster series. It seems like it's an evolution of two 21st century phenomena, free running and illegal street racing. It has the mystique of both of those combined. The betting market is where the money is for the racers, the after market parts are where the real big money is for the manufacturers, large and small. It's dangerous and can be damaging to the "courses" but it's popularity is immense. A "crane-run" is slang for a power-armor free-running competition taking place amongst the enormous container cranes, huge stacks of containers, massive stackers, straddle carriers, lifts and other giant handling equipment (some at rest, but not always!). They generally take place at night, but the real high-stakes competitions are timed to occur in sync with the harbor's most active times.

Amongst conversation, Ecks multi-tasks and searches for the vague "incident". While any number of things could be described as a specific incident, there are two or three that might be the one in question. A few months ago, when the first "supers" showed up in NYC, Brooklyn to be precise, they did so at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden which had for the last 50 years been privately owned and one of the most exclusive locations in the US, albeit one that runs somewhat under the fashion radar. So when a supervillain showed up for gods only knows why, the private security reacted as one would expect. Unfortunately the private security outfit seemed to have a vast and dubiously legal armory. The garden was relatively unscathed. The supervillain was scattered over eight blocks. And approximately 80,000,000 credits of damage was done to the city and 47 people were injured with six deaths. That was the most costly. The most deadly involved a group of "non-violent" protestors mobbing a local and undeniably corrupt (to the point of evil and totally reprehensible) politician. This politician had supplemented her official state security with contractors of her own. They slaughtered 18 of the protestors, and in addition, two of the state security officers who tried to stop them. Remarkably, no bystanders were harmed and the property damage was minimal. The third incident did not involve death or destruction. It did involve scandal. And an ironic scandal. Apparently, and shockingly, there is a private security firm that goes by AAPS*. They were well respected within the industry and largely unknown by the public. And then there was the attack on a research lab in Century Station. The entire AAPS security force there was either brainwashed and turned into mindless drones, or literally transformed into giant zombie spiders. That sort of thing is good for the headlines, bad for the companies reputation.

Max...awake or in his dreams...smells the delicious smell of cheap booze enter Ray's in force. (Yeah, that would be Quinn.)

Lucky for everyone, Victor doesn't see anyone in a PA in the restaurant, a couple people are sporting serious cyber-mods though. But as he moves to engage them, he is totally stymied. Their gender is completely and absolutely indeterminate. Their derision is not ambiguous at all though as they look at the sauce and cheese dripping of the Prophet's armored chest.

Bri is the first one to spot the drunk staggering in the door of the pizza joint. She's no expert, not in the slightest on armor and gear and all that, but AAPS had just recently been handed suits of armor just like this inebriated stranger is wearing. Any pondering is broken as Mesi interrogates her further, We are far away from the Goddess. The closer we get the more accurately I can provide direction to her current location.

Mink probably was too distracted to notice the new arrival, and Victor was too busy being awkward. Ecks did finally notice the woman stumble in too, and for a ridiculous moment he can't pinpoint the armor, even though he knows it's an NG classic. A classic designed by Northern Gun engineers.

Both he and Bri have the sense of confusion. Intuitively they know something is wrong about this person. Not wrong as in bad, wrong in that she doesn't belong here. Just like them.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Notes


*Yes, for a gag I used AAPS as the security opposition in a Heroes Unlimited: Century Station adventure.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 57
Conditions: None.

Drake stands quietly at the high-top table they've chosen for ease of convenience. Drake's vision moves slowly across the crowd, keeping a general wary eye on anyone who looks less than savory. When the mysterious figure enters the restaurant, Drake makes an effort to get a good look at them. Hmmm... thats Northern Gun armor. Drake thinks. only remembering it because of his most recent shopping trip. Are they real or is this a hallucination? Drake thinks, before shaking his head. Not likely a hallucination, so why are they here, did the Knights send them too, or maybe they're here on accident... Not to uncommon in our world, one rift or fade town away from a reality really. Drake continues to let his thoughts percolate.

Drake takes a second to look at his companions to see if they've noticed the new arrival, but they seem to be busy looking up information. So Drake takes the initiative and approaches. His silver/chrome plated power armor smaller than most, but still larger than an exoskeleton, makes moving through the room slightly more difficult than without, but it doesn't really hinder Drake all that much in the end.

"Hello, are you from around here?" Drake asks the newcomer, a calm and assuring tone to his voice.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 18
Conditions: Drunk

Catching sight of something vaguely familiar, Quinn is flooded with emotions and thoughts she had been trying to suppress. With her stomach growling louder than the painful bombardment of lights and sounds, she musters the energy to follow the strangers into the restaurant. I hope have some decent food in there and a drink or two. A little hair on the dog to wake me up. Are these people stuck here, too? Do they want to go home? How much will it cost me? How much longer are they here for? Lost in her own questions, Quinn didn't notice the fact that she had entered the establishment or that she almost stumbled over a table and some chairs. Not realizing someone had approached her, she snaps into reality with a bit of a jerking motion.

Drake wrote:”Hello, are you from around here?"


”Woah. That was quicker than I expected. *Hick-up* . Where did that co…” Quinn quickly covers her mouth as she tries to push down a belch but to no success. She lets out a deep one. ”Oh, excuse me. Where are my manners.” Quinn looks around as if she is trying to look for something specific.”No, I don't think I’m from around here. Definitely not my normal watering hole. Um, I don't mean to intrude but I couldn't help but notice that you might not be locals. Would you mind if I asked where you all came from? You look as if I might know where but I just need a little conformation. I am a bit lost and I am afraid I don't know my way back. Also, I am a little short on coin and I am parched and hungry. If someone could spare a few, I would be deeply grateful.”

Quinn catches herself a few time from falling over, during the course of her conversation. She rubs her eyes a few times to make sure that what she is seeing is real and not some drunken hallucinations. She even has her multi optic eye switch through its visual options. When she mentions her monetary situation, she pats down her pockets and tries to avoid eye contact as best she can.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:32 pm

((Rolls Carried over))

Quinn wrote:”Woah. That was quicker than I expected. *Hick-up* . Where did that co…” Quinn quickly covers her mouth as she tries to push down a belch but to no success. She lets out a deep one. ”Oh, excuse me. Where are my manners.” Quinn looks around as if she is trying to look for something specific.”No, I don't think I’m from around here. Definitely not my normal watering hole. Um, I don't mean to intrude but I couldn't help but notice that you might not be locals. Would you mind if I asked where you all came from? You look as if I might know where but I just need a little conformation. I am a bit lost and I am afraid I don't know my way back. Also, I am a little short on coin and I am parched and hungry. If someone could spare a few, I would be deeply grateful.”


Drake sighs. Drunk as a skunk... Also a female... Wonders never cease." Drake thinks before responding. "I'm from the Magic Zone originally, but have been residing in MercTown as of late. We were on a Job in Madhaven for a... Needless to say I and my companions are not even remotely locals." Drake finally replies before looking back at his companions for a moment.

"Do you have a name? I'm Drake."
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 pm

(( Rolls Carried Over ))

Drake wrote:"I'm from the Magic Zone originally, but have been residing in MercTown as of late. We were on a Job in Madhaven for a... Needless to say I and my companions are not even remotely locals." Drake finally replies before looking back at his companions for a moment.

"Do you have a name? I'm Drake."


Magic Zone, Madhaven?! Can this be true. Thank my lucky stars. I might be able to go home, now. With the mention of places that sound familiar to Quinn, her eyes light up and she seems to perk up, as if she suddenly becoming stone cold sober. Mustering a small smile as she hears that Drake and his companions aren’t even from around here. ”My name? That would be Quinntessa Tuttle or doctor or any combination of the two. It's a pleasure to meet you Drake.” God, I need drink to celebrate. Wonder if they are need of a doctor's companionship. At least until I get home. ”I don't mean to pry but do you guys have a way home?”
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combinations)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 48/1d20 = 18

Maniacal Laughter wrote:Heads down and using the local networks, forgetting conveniently that this data too is probably zipping over the global satellite network at some point, Sel's research provides adequate results. The port in question is the largest port in the greater New York area: Port Newark-Elizabeth. Power armor races are a legitimate, legal sport with professional leagues all over the world. It is also one of the most common forms of illegal street competitions. Reality shows abound about this activity, along with many major big studio entertainment blockbuster series. It seems like it's an evolution of two 21st century phenomena, free running and illegal street racing. It has the mystique of both of those combined. The betting market is where the money is for the racers, the after market parts are where the real big money is for the manufacturers, large and small. It's dangerous and can be damaging to the "courses" but it's popularity is immense. A "crane-run" is slang for a power-armor free-running competition taking place amongst the enormous container cranes, huge stacks of containers, massive stackers, straddle carriers, lifts and other giant handling equipment (some at rest, but not always!).


So this is where it is, and I had a feeling that's what a crane run was, and that there are legitimate ones as well as illegal street races. Given the time that this is set for, I'm willing to bet that it's most likely an illegal street race. Now I just need to see if I identify tonight's course so that we can scout it out. "Hey Ecks, I found where the Old Jersey Port is, it's formally known as Port Newark-Elizabeth, and here we are in relationship to the port. But the problem is that this is one of the largest ports in the city, so we'll have to try and narrow down exactly where we need to go to get in the race, if it's not the same place as the starting line. I'm also working on trying to figure out the exact route so that we can do some scouting of it before hand. Looks like I also need to learn how to climb, if I want to be a serious competitor." Sel says to Ecks over her shoulder. She then overhears Drake making conversation with someone, and for the first time she notices the woman who entered the pizzaria. At first, Sel thinks that Drake is just trying to flirt with the obviously drunk woman, until she notices that the style of gear she has resembles stuff from their present time rather what should be found here. She watches the conversation for a few more minutes until she decides to get back to work trying to find the route of the Crane Run at Port Newark-Elizabeth. (Computer Operation 1d100 = 22/67% Probable Success!)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:38 pm

(( Rolls Carried Over ))

Quinn wrote:”My name? That would be Quinntessa Tuttle or doctor or any combination of the two. It's a pleasure to meet you Drake.”

”I don't mean to pry but do you guys have a way home?”


"Oh a doctor, well it's nice to meet you as well Quinntessa Tuttle. As for a way home... We do sort of have a way home, but we have a task we need to take care of first. Why don't you come and talk with my boss Ecks. He'll be able to let you know more of the details." Drakes says trying to not sound disappointing to the woman.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 am

Perception 68%/1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 79

Selenidaria wrote:"Hey Ecks, I found where the Old Jersey Port is, it's formally known as Port Newark-Elizabeth, and here we are in relationship to the port. But the problem is that this is one of the largest ports in the city, so we'll have to try and narrow down exactly where we need to go to get in the race, if it's not the same place as the starting line. I'm also working on trying to figure out the exact route so that we can do some scouting of it before hand. Looks like I also need to learn how to climb, if I want to be a serious competitor."


"Most serious free runners are gymnasts, acrobats, and tumblers, as well as skilled in advanced martial arts - the discipline helps. Crane runs are fun, if dangerous. Break neck speeds on what seems like a wide platform, but between all the places to hang your feet, possible movement of the crane, and more, you can easily break your neck or limbs. It's no place for an amateur. No offense meant. But hey, if you want to try, I'll give you the crash course on how to do it, though. We'll try it without armor first. Here, try throwing in some keywords on your search for the course. At least some of these should apply." She grabs a napkin and writes down some. It may occur to those who've seen her outside of her power armor, she really is a very toned and powerful woman, for her actual size.

And yet, she downed another piece of pizza. About this time she notices the newcomer. When Drake looks back, she gives a quizzical look.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 68/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 16

Ecks nods in affirmation of Sel's discovery of the location as he reads over his own research. "Well Sel, maybe they have different classes. You could always try. We do need to exercise caution of course. We don't need to get injured unnecessarily." Returning to his reading he skims down the articles. Blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, !!! "Ghckah!" he chokes out, inhaling a particle of pizza down his windpipe. Gaining control of himself momentarily, he moves the screen so Brianna can see, pointing at the bit about AAPS. In between gasps he whispers out painfully, "What are the chances of that? It looks like there have been a few incidents. Bad omen?" he says before finally realizing that Drake was talking to someone.

At first he didn't think to pay it much mind but as he looks away, the gear seemed to linger in the back of his mind. He listens on the conversation for a moment before looking back over and paying the newcomer more attention. What do we have going on here?
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 66

Max is deep in slumber. Singing and dancing with his dad at the bar. A giant slice of pizza is playing the piano, the Metal Morph Mutant is working the door, and the angel is working bar back doing dishes.

Then Ecks chokes on his food...

"WHO DAT!"Max claims while jumping to the ready only to find himself still in Rays Pizza. He settles down and wipes the sleep off of his face. He feels a little embarrassed for his volume, but he is quickly over it. He scans around the table for his drink and takes a last swallow wishing it were something stronger.
Something stronger? He smells booze. Cheap booze. He looks around for the source to find the woman talking to Drake. He starts to listen into their conversation to determine who she is and why she looks like a beat up homeless version of an old Northern Gun model.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 12


Victor shrugs and goes back to eating pizza.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 am

Ecks watches Max perk up. As they listen to the newcomer's conversation with Drake, Ecks asks Max, "Not sure if you have super smell or cat sense or something along those lines, but what can you tell about her?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 82

1d10 = 9

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Gaining control of himself momentarily, he moves the screen so Brianna can see, pointing at the bit about AAPS. In between gasps he whispers out painfully, "What are the chances of that? It looks like there have been a few incidents. Bad omen?" he says before finally realizing that Drake was talking to someone.


Brianna's thoughts are diverted from Mesi's comment as Ecks starts to choke on the pizza he's eating. She starts to ask if he's ok, but he seems to get it under control pretty quickly. Reading the screen, Brianna's eyes widen in shock as she whispers, ”What the hell? That's crazy! That does kind of concern me though – if we tell people we're AAPS, there's a very good chance it will not elicit a positive response.”

Brianna looks over when the drunken newcomer stumbles into the pizza place. She can tell something is odd about her, but isn't exactly sure what it is. 'Where did she come from? How did she get here?' Brianna wonders to herself.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Nodding Ecks takes a drink of water to calm his windpipe. "Yeah. What are the chances though? What's up with this person though? Look at her. This place just keeps getting weirder. I guess we should say hi." he says, moving to where Drake and Quinn are.

"Everything ok?" he says approaching the gaggle at the door.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:10 am

Local Conditions wrote:The Big Apple
  • Location: The Garden
  • Population: Unknown
  • Time: 0615 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

NO TIME HAS EVER GONE TO WASTE (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
Introductions abound as the seemingly impossible happens: another person from AAPS time has emerged, literally stumbling into the middle of the group's pizza breakfast.

Sel puts that on the back burner. She researches more into this race. It is a very old school thing in some ways. No one knows the track until it's start time. No one except the race organizers, that is more likely.

For a change, Mink doesn't actually notice anything about the newcomer, beyond the obvious drunkenness. It's only when the others start to point things out does she clue in.*

Mesi says to Bri, The fabric of the universe weak in this dimension. It is easier to come and go.

Max draws an undue amount of attention, and combined with the appearance (and appearance!) of Quinn, the whole gaggle of time travelers is started to be an item of note for the few other patrons.

And the proprietor.

Hey, yoos, whatever yoos ares, yoos causin' a ruckus. Keep it down or yoos pay up and leave. Dat damned cat better not left no furballs or saprayses on ma bench."

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
    Notes
  • Had to call to that out, you know, Mink doesn't fail the perception that often!
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 54

Max stands and stretches and yawns. A few minutes of nap feels good. Ready to take on the world.

Until the pizza man insults him. "Hairballs my stubby tailed ass!!" scowls at him. "Oh, I'm a cat. check out the bird I caught you" Max flips him his middle finger, waves him off whatever and turns for the door.

"Lets get go, I can tell where I'm not wanted" He pauses for the newcomer bows and extends his hand.
"Enchanté M'Lady. Come to this time often. Perhaps you would like to accompany us to parts unknown. Looks like you might know the way. My new traveling companions and I are on a mission from god and your welcome to join us." And he motions toward the door. He gets close to her to see if he can smell anything else on her besides the overwhelming scent of McCormick whiskey.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 47
Conditions: none


Drake wrote:"Oh a doctor, well it's nice to meet you as well Quinntessa Tuttle. As for a way home... We do sort of have a way home, but we have a task we need to take care of first. Why don't you come and talk with my boss Ecks. He'll be able to let you know more of the details."


”Oh, yeah. That's not a problem for me. All you need to do it point him out and I can do the rest.”

Ecks wrote:"Everything ok?" he says approaching the gaggle at the door.


Quinn’s stomach starts in at doing some somersaults. She holds her abdominal region to help ease some of the pain. Her drunk munchies starts to kick in. Food is almost the only thought she can keep on her head. Boy, does that pizza sure smells good. With some food on my stomach, I should be able to think a little clearer. Wonder if anyone heard my request for a slice. No. Home first. Gotta get home. ”Ok? Well, that's a relative term. Physically, I am ok but emotionally, that's a different question. Also if you consider that I don't belong here, then I am probably not ok. I am alive and kicking. There’s not much else I could expect anyways.”

Quinn sways back and forth a little as she talks to the group that has gathered around her. She takes a moment here and there to look around the establishment. Avoiding any prolonged eye contact. Her vertigo flaring up anytime she stops and looks at anything for more than a few seconds.

If Ecks is pointed out to Quinn, then she'll ask the following. ”So, I was wondering if there is any possibility that I could come along with your crew, at least until I get home? I am a doctor and my skills will be at your disposal, if that helps any. Otherwise, Quinn will keep quiet unless someone comes up to her and continues the conversation.

Proprietor wrote: ”Hey, yoos, whatever yoos ares, yoos causin' a ruckus. Keep it down or yoos pay up and leave. Dat damned cat better not left no furballs or saprayses on ma bench."


Ruckus?! This guy doesn't like to have fun. If he wants a ruckus then I give him one. On second thought, I better not. Don't want to give these new people any reason to leave me behind. Better just keep my mouth shut, then.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:35 pm

(( Rolls Carried Over ))

Maximillian wrote:"Enchanté M'Lady. Come to this time often. Perhaps you would like to accompany us to parts unknown. Looks like you might know the way. My new traveling companions and I are on a mission from god and your welcome to join us."


”Thank you. The offer is most welcomed but unfortunately I don't know the way. Mission from god, huh. If it helps me get home, then sign me up.” Quinn nods and accepts Max’s outstretched hand. When Max motions towards the door, she hesitates and waits for some of the others to follow suit. Not wanting to seem too eager to head out and also to wait for confirmation from the group leader.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 10/1d20 = 3

Sel listens to what Mink has to say, and what was first youthful optimism has turned into seriousness as she considers what she had to say on the matter, as well as the possibility of injury. But even still, she was determined to give this a go, and to be completely honest the thought of competing in a contest of a physical nature had her adrenaline pumping in her veins, so when Mink offered to give her a crash course on the matter, Sel happily and enthusiastically said "Sure thing!"

Further searches for the course for tonight's race didn't yield any results, but to be perfectly honest she wasn't surprised by that at all. As open and public (for a lack of a better term) as the port was, posting anything alluding to what the route was going to be online would have been bad news, but she still felt it was worth the effort to see if she could find out the information online first before resorting to scouting the port by air. She realized that this too would be a risky proposition as the organizers for the race probably were going to be in the port or very near it this close to the race, and if it looked like there was a drone doing surveillance of the port prior to the race, or any government officials thought someone was trying to spy on the port for nefarious reasons, it could turn ugly real fast. Before leaving the computer terminal, she makes one final search on the web for different types of services that could be provided by a drone. (Computer Operation 1d100 = 34/67%)

As she finishes using the terminal, the owner tells off Max and she can only shake her head at the fact that they were beginning to draw attention to themselves. Max is rather insistent on them leaving, but this time Sel thinks he may have the right idea, if only for the wrong reasons. She steps near to Ecks and talks low, saying to him "We're beginning to draw attention to ourselves, so it may be prudent to relocate ourselves. Any leads on where we can go to hole up for a few hours so the Max can nap some more?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 78/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 74

Ecks makes his introduction to Quinn. "I'm Ecks. I'm thinking that Sel is right. It's time for us to relocate. Box up what's left of the pizza and let's get out of here." he says to everyone present. Seeing Max get riled, he quietly says "Easy now. No need to drum up too much attention just yet."

He picks up his gear and waits for everyone else to do the same. Once outside, be begins follow the map Sel had brought up. "Let's start for the Jersey Port. I am betting we can find a place to idle there." And with that he walks "casually" but directly, do his best to observe and follow local behaviour patterns.

While on the road, Ecks jumps into the conversation with Drake and Quinn. "Sorry to jump in, but you're familiar with Merctown? How did you get here?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:29 pm

(( Rolls Carried Over ))

Ecks wrote:"Sorry to jump in, but you're familiar with Merctown? How did you get here?"


”Umm, I don't think that I would use the term familiar but I have been there a handful of times. As for how I got here?” Quinn scratches her as she contemplates on her next course of words. She catches herself as he trips over her own feet. A half gracious fall followed by a quick snap upright to catch herself. ”Woah. That was close. Anyway, let's just say I took a job that turned out to be a trip down the rabbit hole. If you know what I’m saying. If you want more details, I can tell you when we get back home, it's kindda long story.”
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:22 am

((rolls carried))

The operator looks Quinn over and quickly accesses her state. "Well, if you're wanting to hitch a ride with us, we've got an errand here. If you're coming with us you might want to sober up if you want to stay alive. There's some bad juju at work here. Other than being a doctor, are you any good in a fight? I don't know what's going on but there are some high end supernatural forces at work here and I'm expecting the worst." Ecks says. His tone however isn't flecked with emotion. It's all pretty flat as if he were speaking of a flat tire.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 80

As he sits there watching the people walk by on the sidewalk, Victor gets to thinking about the power suits and this race some more. He pulls out his own hand held computer and logs into a local network. Once he is online, he first looks for this race and the details about either the suits taking part in it (such as prominent named racers and the spec on their suits) or if that does not exist, the restrictions and requirements for suits allowed into the race. Once he has that data, he begins a search for all "competition" level suits available on the market as well as performance upgrades parts for such suits. Finally, he compares not just his own suit specs but the specs of Mink's, Sel's, and Drake's suits as well to the specifications of the suits in this time and place that are likely to be found in a competition of this type. He will make note of any other PA-sports activities and the suits used in those should any come up during his search.


{Skill Rolls}
Computer Operation 85%/1d100 = 60%
Fanatic Robophile 79%/1d100 = 85%
Literacy: Techno-Can 95%/1d100 = 18%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:48 pm

(( Rolls Carried Over ))

Ecks wrote:"Well, if you're wanting to hitch a ride with us, we've got an errand here. If you're coming with us you might want to sober up if you want to stay alive. There's some bad juju at work here. Other than being a doctor, are you any good in a fight? I don't know what's going on but there are some high end supernatural forces at work here and I'm expecting the worst."


Sober? What the hell? Who does he think he is, my mother? Psh. He doesn't know me or how I function. Typical male chauvinist. Better let this one go. I need the ride home. Quinn gives Ecks a warm smile before answering. ”I’ll be just fine once I get some food in me, I'm pretty hungry. Too bad I’m not a witch doctor, otherwise I could deal with your bad juju.” Quinn lets out a slight chuckle. She places her hand upon her pistol. Making sure she hadn’t left it behind somewhere.She keeps pace with Ecks as the continue to walk doen the street. ”I ain’t no juicer or anything but I at least can hold my own with a knife or pistol. As my mom would always tell me “Plan for the worst, pray for the best”. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty or even bloody. Just tell me what you need done and I'll do my best to provide the support.”
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:47 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks listens to Quinn's assurance that food will set her right. He says, "Want some pizza? Not sure how many slices are left but if it's OK with Minkowski you might as well grab a slice."

He also notices Victor among the others getting excited about the run. It does seem like fun. Certainly an interesting sport." he considers to himself. He personally is more interested in the buildings they might find there. This world is bizarre on a whole different level.

Quinn continues on, outlining her general combat abilities. "Well good to hear. What can you do for teleporting us to the other side of the ocean?" he says straight faced.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 pm

Local Conditions wrote:The Big Apple
  • Location: The Garden
  • Population: Unknown
  • Time: 0620 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

JUST LIKE EVERY NIGHT HAS ITS DAWN (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
"Hey, yoos da boss, yeah? I don't got nuthin' 'ginst teez tube critters, but tey sho'n't be actin' up. Take'em outta here, yeah?" the proprietor ignores Max and talks directly to Ecks. He is sort of polite, like a pissed off guy being polite to someone clearly bigger and stronger with a reputation for excessive violence.

For his part, Max does smell quite an interesting mix of smells accompanying the new person. Most notably hops. Strongly of hops, not beer, but the raw, unprocessed hops. There are other smells mixed in of course, human sweat and body oder not small portions of that. This woman is not clean and well kept. She spends time around beer production. She reeks of booze.

Quinn notices the proprietor's uncomfortable attitude to the future-cat. She has seen in her short time here a growing resentment towards the artificial mutant animal creations. With the heavily armed group surrounding her, and by extension the cat, there won't likely be trouble. "Tube creature" and "tube critter" are some one of the more derogatory terms used for people like Max.

The services and products are nearly limitless for drone delivery, all dependent on your wallet of course. There are drones that could land in your hand to drones big enough to carry a shipping container. They mostly operate out of spoke and hub distribution system where the vast majority of transit happens between outlying spokes and the hub, but not spoke-spoke. So if one was to say, want to hijack a drone that could carry a shipping container filled with heavily armed time traveling mercenaries out to save the world, it would be best to do this deed at the hub.

The problem with a foreign land, even if the language is the same, is that the nuances of meaning are often lost. And that is just the case as Victor tries to identify the true competition models of the power armor. He can't cut through the marketing rhetoric and the uncommon units used to measure things. Sure, when he can find them, the tech specs are clear enough, but only when he actually drills down to the engineering stats. A lot of the information is meaningless jargon. Like "fifty diesel engines per muscle strand". Even Victor doesn't know what the fuck that means. The other problem he runs into is that so many units are flashy and made to look sporty and high performance. Those factors combined mean that Victor kind of did a big ol' data dump from the global network to the Prophet's systems. It's possible he could set the suit's powerful computer on the task of sorting out fact from fiction, but that would take some dedicated programming time. So when he leaves the pizza shop, he at least has a mass of information on different armor specs, but it's not well sorted and would require active searching to find the goods on any suit.

At Ecks' suggestion the cavalcade of heavily armed time traveling mercenaries out to save the world walk into the the early morning street. It's already more full of people.

A quick look at the handy omnipresent data network shows their current location and the location to the container yard (see map above). It's about ten miles as a straight line. At a normal walk, they could cover the considerably longer overland distance in about four hours or so without drawing too much attention to themselves or unduly straining those not in power armor. It involves lots of movement through dense city streets. The entire route is densely urban. Many shops are open along the way, with more and more opening as the day goes on.

The number of people seems to increase exponentially as the morning grows later. By 9a.m. there are large crowds moving quickly every which way. The drone traffic is much reduced. It hit an equilibrium about 9a.m., coincidence, not likely. There are plenty of vehicles whizzing around and no piloted ground craft to be seen.

Despite the increasing density, there is always a bubble of about five feet surrounding AAPS. People do not get close. They divert their eyes if caught looking. Most try not to look at all. A few of the robophiles openly stare, but no one approaches them. There are a couple bridges the have to cross, where vehicle traffic is condensed and foot traffic is reduced. Even there through, where a police presence is noticeable for the first time, they are treated with deference.

Once they cross into New Jersey proper, things take a different tone. The glittery and high tech still surrounds them, but there is grime in the corners and int the dark. Beyond the platitudes though, there are a few key differences: people drive here. There are ground and air cars driven by humans and mutant animals. They are the minority though, still the vast number of vehicles are automated.

Their destination also appears to be near a major airport. It takes a moment to notice, but none of the places fly even close to Manhattan. There are lots of flights coming in and out of the airport. Huge planes.

For several miles out, the whole waterfront is obscured by the massive buildings and urban infrastructure. But about a half mile from the port itself they can see glimpse of Newark Bay over the tops of the impossibly high stacks of shipping containers. Huge ships rest in port as the gigantic cranes move the containers too and fro. A variety of other vehicles stack and move the containers around the yard. There are trains, trucks, and the ubiquitous drones transporting the boxes into and out of the yards. Security is evidenced by the large chain link fence with razor wire and guard booths at the ingress points. Otherwise though, there do not seem to be roving patrols or airborne security. Of course, there is so much traffic it would take some dedicated investigation to tell for sure.

Newark is no less busy than New York City, and it has a much more working class vibe.

As they near the bay, Brianna feels the filth that massively pollutes the water. It's not just toxic, there's probably plenty of radioactive contamination as well.

Max feels the faintest tingle of magic from the second story of a warehouse they are standing right next too. It's nothing like Sel's power level, or anything from home. He only notices it in this environment because in the complete lack of magical noise it stands out like a flare.

What are you doing?

Butcher's Bill:
[list]Notes
[*]/list]
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 48

Max has been treated differently in his life. Being a battle cat that is not affiliated with the coalition people of his time have never known what to think of him and his family. So this is no different. But experience and the Lords teachings have taught him to turn the other cheek and remove yourself from the scene. So with pizza boxes in one hand and Quinn in the other he turns for the door. "Have a slice of heaven past, girl you look like you need some grease in you." He says as he holds the pizza to his new friend. All he can really tell by the smell of her is he needs to lay off the booze too. Lord I apologize for overindulgence He also decides Quinn could use a little Jesus. She reminds him of so many people who passed through his dads bar. His mom would usher the hungover ones into the church and try to help them. Maybe he and Quinn could help each other. She might clean up nicely and look better naked. Lord I apologize for my sins of the flesh.

He helps Quinn as the make the long walk across New York. As the people stop and stare he just smiles and waves at them. Ignorant people can be dangerous in large numbers and there seem to be a lot of them here.

As they enter New Jersey, the smell of the Hudson River and the lower bay are almost enough to make him sick. He has to put his helmet back on and hurries the pace over the bridge. But as he approaches the other side and the container yard, a sign from the Lord. God is showing him this for a reason and starts toward it.

He turns to Ecks and motions him toward the source. "Hey big man, there is something here. He wants me to see whats in that warehouse. Maybe y'all should come check this out too."
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 97

1d10 = 4

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Mesi says to Bri, The fabric of the universe weak in this dimension. It is easier to come and go.


Brianna thinks back to Mesi, 'That makes sense. Thank you, Mesi.' Brianna can't help but wonder if this newcomer had come here intentionally or not.

Following the rest of the group as they head out of the restaurant, Brianna is glad that Ecks had showed her the article about the AAPS from this time otherwise she would have been very confused by all the looks they were receiving as they headed to their destination. Sighing to herself, she figures there was nothing to be gained by saying anything so she keeps her mind on the task at hand.

As they near the bay, Brianna feels the filth that massively pollutes the water. It's not just toxic, there's probably plenty of radioactive contamination as well.


Brianna can't help but make a face as they approach the bay and she can sense all the contaminants in the water. 'That is disgusting' She hopes no one drinks the water or, if they do, they have the ability to clean it so no one would get sick.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 93

Marveling at the scene, the operator could be mistaken for any other tourist as he walks with obvious wonder. The scale of the shipping operation is enough to create a sense of vertigo. The large drones do peak his interest. He even nudges Sel while nodding at one of them before remembering his issues with wide open spaces. "Wait! Don't do that. It's just some very large drones. It might be worth discussion later on. Drake, Vic, Minkowski those might offer us some options."

Ecks is stopped by Max and informed that "something" is there. Intrigued he asks, "What do you mean by 'something is here'?" As Ecks always does, he looks to Brianna as his first stop for "other" information to add to Max's info. "Are you gettin' anything, Bri?
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:59 pm

(rolls held over)

Ecks is stopped by Max and informed that "something" is there. Intrigued he asks, "What do you mean by 'something is here'?" As Ecks always does, he looks to Brianna as his first stop for "other" information to add to Max's info. "Are you gettin' anything, Bri?"


Brianna looks over at Ecks and Max and shrugs. "I don't know - all I'm sensing is all the contamination in the water. It's pretty gross. I wouldn't recommend going for a swim or drinking it." A thought occurs to Bri and she mentally asks both of her weapons, 'Do either of you sense anything in the air that I'm missing?'
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 25/1d20 = 15

Sel walks next to Ecks in the lead, showing him the directions to the port while talking to him about the various reasons they could have a drone flying around a port with out attracting too much attention. "See, I'm thinking more along the lines of pizza delivery, but I am not sure if Scot could support the weight of a pizza. But then again, it's not like we need to use a filled pizza box, just as long as it looks legit from the outside, right?" Upon getting to the first bridge, the fact that she has to walk across it hits her like a ton of bricks. Getting directly behind Ecks, she walks less than three inches behind him while hunched over her hand held computer with the directions loaded on the screen, all the while thinking I'M JUST ON A SIDEWALK! I'M JUST ON A SIDEWALK! NOPE, NOTHING OPEN ABOUT THIS, NOT AT ALL! THANK YOU MR. SIDEWALK, YOUR MY FRIEND! Once on the other side, she says with a shaky voice pointing to a nearby dirty, dingy alley "Hey guys, why don't we take a breather for a moment, and that alley looks like a perfect place to remain inconspicuous." Regardless of how quickly the rest of the group moves, she moves at a half power walk/half jog, skidding to a stop when a automated car nearly runs her over, she slaps the hood and shouts "HEY, I'M WALKING HERE!" (And no, she wouldn't understand the significance of what she just did as she's never seen the movie Midnight Cowboy, or otherwise seen anyone reference it or that iconic scene). Once in the alley, she finds a corner next to a dumpster and curls up into a ball as she calms down a few minutes later.

"Sorry boss, in the excitement of it all, I had kinda forgotten about my fear. I wish I could kinda forget about it all the time. I'm good now. One down, one to go." she says to Ecks when they finally catch up to her and she calms down. She gets up and walks next to Ecks showing him the map, she tries to be careful and not let her eyes wander too high above the horizon, but with all of the technological marvels, she finds it hard to do, and as a result she winds up having a few more mini-panic attacks. The panic attack she had when crossing the first bridge is nothing compared to the one she experiences as they approach the second bridge. It's not that it's higher than the first, because it isn't, and even if it was, height in and of itself isn't the problem, but rather open spaces. No, the reason she has a much stronger panic attack just approaching this bridge is that unlike the first which was solid concrete that she couldn't see through, the second was composed of a catwalk stlye deck that one could see right through if they only looked down, and down had been the direction she had been looking ever since she ran away and found the fear of the wide open spaces to much to bear. And now the universe had found a way to even torment her when she tried to be ok. Sel at first tried to do what she had done last time, and even though the actual pedestrian sidewalks here solid concrete, just the knowledge that if she moved her head toward the road she could see through it filled her with so much fear that she nearly threw up. She's not willing to give up, however, and decides to shut her eyes and have two other people hold her hands and guide her across the bridge.

After the second bridge, Sel says to Ecks and Mink with a sad voice "I think after further very deep and serious consideration, I'm not going to participate in tonight's race." When Max suggests checking out a building that he claims some god is directing him toward, she offers him Scot and says "I think it's worth sending a machine to see if there's any danger. Your god may very well be directing you toward the building for a reason, but unless it's obviously a clear sign of safety, I'd be cautious."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 25% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 64

As AAPS steps outside Victor sniffs the air a bit when he notices a new smell that seems to be following them at which point he finally notices that there is someone new in their midst. Stopping he points at Quinn and asks, "Uh, who's this?".

Once the group is on the move again, Victor saves the data he downloaded for later browsing. One thing sticks in his head about it though, "Hey Ecks, what does 'fifty diesel engines per muscle strand' mean?".

Victor listens to whatever reply Ecks has while keeping his eyes on the crowd around them. Not that he expects any trouble from the locals, but habits are habits. "Uh, has anyone else noticed that everyone is avoiding us...even local law enforcement?", Victor asks the group as they move along.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 46 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 40
Conditions: none

When Quinn is offered a slice of pizza, she graciously accepts. She devours the food like wild boar, shoveling it into her mouth. After she is finished eating, she wipes the grease and sauce off from around her face. Quinn lets out an inaudible burp before she lets out a satisfying sigh. ”Ahhh. Mmmm. Salute to the cook. That was sure some mighty fine food. Thanks. It hit the spot, I feel much better now.” Quinn's trek across the city is long and arduous. She continuously has to keep up with the rest of her newly formed entourage. As she comes closer to the bay, her stomach become more queasy from the smell of pollutants. The whole time walking there, Quinn keeps quit and thinks of all the possibilities of going home. When the group turns down into an ally and stops for a short break, she takes the time to catch her breath and slows her heart rate.

Victor wrote:"Uh, who's this?"


”The name's Dr. Quintessa. You can call me Quinn, tho. Pleasure to meet you.” Quinn stretches out her hand in greeting. She introduces herself with a warm and hearty smile. Man he kind of looks like Ricardo. Those eyes.

Selenidaria wrote:"I think it's worth sending a machine to see if there's any danger. Your god may very well be directing you toward the building for a reason, but unless it's obviously a clear sign of safety, I'd be cautious."


Quinn begins to look around with her multi-optic eye, switching to it's thermal imaging option. She’ll relay any useful information to rest of the group. If there is none to present, then she'll remain silent and keep her thoughts to herself.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:56 am

Perception: 65% (90% vs magic)/1d100 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 55

Victor Singer wrote:"Uh, has anyone else noticed that everyone is avoiding us...even local law enforcement?", Victor asks the group as they move along.

"I think our namesake here has pull that keeps them from being accosted by anything but a special tactics force meant to take down power armor and paranormals. As long as we do nothing to draw ire, I doubt we'll get more than dirty looks."

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:He turns to Ecks and motions him toward the source. "Hey big man, there is something here. He wants me to see whats in that warehouse. Maybe y'all should come check this out too."

Ecks wrote:Ecks is stopped by Max and informed that "something" is there. Intrigued he asks, "What do you mean by 'something is here'?" As Ecks always does, he looks to Brianna as his first stop for "other" information to add to Max's info. "Are you gettin' anything, Bri?

Selenidaria wrote:When Max suggests checking out a building that he claims some god is directing him toward, she offers him Scot and says "I think it's worth sending a machine to see if there's any danger. Your god may very well be directing you toward the building for a reason, but unless it's obviously a clear sign of safety, I'd be cautious."

"Is it your faith speaking or your genetically bred senses that detect magic? One of these has deep meaning to you, the other to all of us." Once he confirms it is his psychic senses, Mink's whole attitude changes. "Magic is rare enough in these times, it warrants investigation. I'll go with him. Maybe Drake too? Rest of you stand by to provide support if needed?" She knows she'd feel better with a cyber-knight at her side in close combat. While waiting on confirmation to check it out, she looks around, using her ability to see the invisible, her various optics modes and enhanced audio features of her armor.

Once given the go ahead, she will move to investigate - quietly.

See the invisible (-4 ISP?)
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 57 PASS!
Intelligence 74%/1d100 = 74 PASS!
Surveillance 65%/1d100 = 87 FAIL!
Tracking: People 60%/1d100 = 55 PASS!
Prowl 65%/1d100 = 13 PASS by 52!
Detect Concealment 35%/1d100 = 94 FAIL!
Detect Ambush 55%/1d100 = 99 FAIL!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 am

((Rolls carried over))

Quinn wrote:”The name's Dr. Quintessa. You can call me Quinn, tho. Pleasure to meet you.” Quinn stretches out her hand in greeting. She introduces herself with a warm and hearty smile. Man he kind of looks like Ricardo. Those eyes.


Victor carefully shakes her hand as he replies, "Uh, good to meet you too. I'm Victor. Don't take this the wrong way...but why are you here? With us? Now?".


Mink wrote:"I think our namesake here has pull that keeps them from being accosted by anything but a special tactics force meant to take down power armor and paranormals. As long as we do nothing to draw ire, I doubt we'll get more than dirty looks."


Victor takes another glance around at the general populace, "Well, that's good to know. So, where are we headed now? Mink, Boss?", he says as he looks to both Mink and Ecks for an answer.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:40 pm

(( Rolls Carried Over ))

Victor wrote:"Uh, good to meet you too. I'm Victor. Don't take this the wrong way...but why are you here? With us? Now?"


Quinn is taken back for second when Victor begins his interrogation of her. He does have a point. Why AM I here? Gotta keep my cool and answer his question with a grain of salt. She clears her throat before answering. ”Well lets us just say that I'm here because a series of unfortunate events and I’m here now because your the only way home for me, that I know of, and it's always good to have a doc in your pock.”
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 94

Max has almost completely forgotten about the stench of the Lower bay. He is staring intently on the warehouse and the sensation that has brought him to it. Magic. It could be the work of devils. Not all magic is bad, but bible warns to beware. Max needs to know what is there.
Sel said
When Max suggests checking out a building that he claims some god is directing him toward, she offers him Scot and says "I think it's worth sending a machine to see if there's any danger. Your god may very well be directing you toward the building for a reason, but unless it's obviously a clear sign of safety, I'd be cautious."


Max turns to Sel. "How does this thing work. I gotta see in that building. Something is magic in there, I haven't sensed any magic in this whole time period until now. This has to be important." He takes the drone and inspects it. Looks easy enough to fly, just make sure hes got the basic operating instructions.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:16 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))


Quinn wrote:Quinn is taken back for second when Victor begins his interrogation of her. He does have a point. Why AM I here? Gotta keep my cool and answer his question with a grain of salt. She clears her throat before answering. ”Well lets us just say that I'm here because a series of unfortunate events and I’m here now because your the only way home for me, that I know of, and it's always good to have a doc in your pock.”


This causes Victor to stop once again. "Whoa, wait up. Go back to the part about we are the only way home for you. Did I miss something?", he says eyes closed and brow furrowed.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:02 pm

(rolls held)
Victor's outburst confuses Mink. "This conversation was had back at the pizza parlor. She's from our time and has been stuck here by accident or by design of someone else. But right now, out in the middle of the street, is probably not the best place to have this conversation. Just an observation."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:01 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Mink wrote:Victor's outburst confuses Mink. "This conversation was had back at the pizza parlor. She's from our time and has been stuck here by accident or by design of someone else. But right now, out in the middle of the street, is probably not the best place to have this conversation. Just an observation."


Victor looks from Quinn to Mink, "I....must have missed that part. I was researching data on the power suits from here and now. Well, I guess if Ecks and Mink have ok'd you I can't really argue with it. Welcome aboard doc.". Victor shakes the doctors hand and continues on with the rest of the group.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:00 pm

(Rolls Held)

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Sel said
When Max suggests checking out a building that he claims some god is directing him toward, she offers him Scot and says "I think it's worth sending a machine to see if there's any danger. Your god may very well be directing you toward the building for a reason, but unless it's obviously a clear sign of safety, I'd be cautious."


Max turns to Sel. "How does this thing work. I gotta see in that building. Something is magic in there, I haven't sensed any magic in this whole time period until now. This has to be important." He takes the drone and inspects it. Looks easy enough to fly, just make sure hes got the basic operating instructions.


Sel hands him the visor and remote controls and says "You put these visors on and Scott's mounted camera will relay everything it sees back to the visor. You don't have to worry about the visor impairing your ability to see as the screen is up above your line of sight. These visors also will vibrate near your ear to transmit audio picked up by Scott. All you have to do is look up twenty degrees, or flip this switch right here to bring it down to normal eye level so you aren't straining your eyes to keep looking at the screens. These are the normal flight controls here, plus this joystick here is zoom the camera in and out as well as tilting the camera up and down. Enjoy!"
Attachments
Scotts Visor.jpg
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 38

"Scott, huh"Max doesnt sound excited to say it aloud. He puts on the visor and starts up the drone.
Can Pilot Anything: 50% 1d100 = 4
He carefully pilots Scott toward the warehouse and up to the windows looking for a way in, or to just see what the lord has lead him here to find.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0930 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

TALE AS OLD AS TIME (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
Cat and mouse, a timeless phrase. Cat and rat rhymes better though.

The task of instructing Max in the use of Scot distracts Sel from the oppressive openness. That focus though also distracts her from noticing anything else of her surroundings, for better or worse. The cat pilots the little drone magnificently,

Focused and actively searching, Max is able to get a better sense of the magic user in the vicinity. Aided by Sel's little drone, he gets an view through a clerestory window. He knows there's someone or something there. He senses it with the gifts the Lord blessed him with, yet he cannot see the creature. Something the cameras cannot penetrate is concealing his prey. Max's experience tells him that the magic at work here is weird. It doesn't "smell" like a regular wizard. Sight is not Max's only sense, he has far more than the drone, but they can't work at this distance, or through a building.

I don't know what's going on up there, but I can sense the cat's frustration, Maia communicates to Bri. The little pissing match between the two knives had quieted for a moment, but suddenly it seems like Mesi inflames it just because it can. There is an invisible being up above us in that building, the cat senses it, but cannot see it. the ancient blade speaks to Bri, but its thought has a tone, a haughty, see what I can do tone. And as it conveys these thoughts, suddenly Bri is blessed with an ethereal sight, and the invisible creature peering out the window above is revealed*. It, he probably, is limned in a faint blue light, which obscures his features ever so slightly. But this person wears a cloth mask, and simple black clothing. He somehow gives the impression of a rodent: body twitchy, motions furtive, even while sitting still.

When AAPS stops to gape a little, Victor does his share. So does Ecks. They notices the traffic flow, the make up of the crowd, all that stuff they've seen before and that has been discussed amongst the team. So their eyes and attentions rove where they always do, to the mechs. Down on the docks they spot minor details. There are longshoremen in the equivalent of a Gladius or a similar light exoframe. There are small, wheeled drones, about the size of a milk crate zipping around back and forth, also, small crab like drones scuttle across the surfaces of the containers. Ecks picks up on the fact that the crab drones are checking barcodes and numbers on the sides. The purpose of the little guys on the ground is however, somewhat mysterious, even to his expert eye.

Quinn's eye roams around the environment. There is lots of clutter and noise, busy busy people going about their work and busy little lives. And all that means is that despite her multiple vision modes, she still sees nothing of value. Lot's of opportunities for mischief though. Half the people are walking totally oblivious to the world, captivated by AR, and the other half are so engaged in their own little worlds talking to themselves. Mechanical assistants abound, carrying packages and following on the heals of their "masters", or other scurrying around on their own painfully mundane missions. A nudge here, a nudge there could send the whole precarious crowd into disaster. It's a stark contrast to the time she's from. No one here is alert for danger. No one here is watching their back and keeping a weapon of mass destruction just a quick draw holster.

Mink...well, Mink has a role and she plays it. She sucks up environmental data and processes it enough to spit back information that everyone else can understand. Her eye follows Scot and then she notices Bri's gaze. Her intuition--or paranoia--signals her that she needs to look beyond the visible world. And sure enough, she spots the furtive form peaking through the window. Between her vast field knowledge and the equally vast store of mystical lore, it seems that there is a possibility this is a minion who has been temporarily provided with power. This creature was probably tracking AAPS for awhile and only now got close enough for Max's magic detectors to go off. Her best guess however is that this person is in an observation mode only, there is absolutely no chance of an ambush. The real risk of ambush lies just ahead. The container yard. It must be there. Yes, absolutely, there is no doubt. Stepping foot into that container yard would be suicide. Where Victor saw little robots at work, Mink sees little murder machines just waiting for the chance to kill everyone. Maybe every living being. Robot uprising! It starts now!

What are you doing?

    Notes
  • *Mesi activated "See Invisible"


Butcher's Bill:
    Notes
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1094
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 15% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 3

Victor records footage of the dock work, in particular the 2 types of droids. "Ecks, any clue as to what those little wheeled bots are for? It doesn't look like there is any pattern to the way they buzz around, plus I don't see them stopping to do anything.", Victor queries the Operator. Shaking his head Victor turns his attention to the rest of the group, the ones that seem to be staring up at a second story window. "Uh, what's everyone lookin' at?", he asks as he glances upwards himself.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 85

Max is certain there is something there, but the devils minions are crafty and can hide. He is also sure now he must confront this creature. He just would rather do it with a bigger gun. Just left with a small pistol since he left Ishpeming in such a hurry. He looks at his traveling companions.
"I cant see whats in there. The beast is hiding from us. Anyone wanna go in there with me and grab the little turd."

He then uses Scot to check the rest of the building and surrounding area any of the devils accomplices.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 63
Conditions: None really.

Drake has been quietly following behind the group, not being particularly attentive, but still seeming nervous. The Cyber-knight looks at the cargo containers and the crane yard with a bemused eye. I could likely do this run in the Little Brother, maybe even win... Maybe Ecks will allow me to. Drake thinks wistfully.

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:"I cant see whats in there. The beast is hiding from us. Anyone wanna go in there with me and grab the little turd."


Drake's reverie is broken by Max's question. "Oh I'll help." Drake says almost absentmindedly.

Victor Singer wrote:"Uh, what's everyone lookin' at?", he asks as he glances upwards himself.


Drake shrugs at Victor. "They say something's up there."
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

PreviousNext

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest