BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 30
Conditions: none

Maximillian wrote:"I cant see whats in there. The beast is hiding from us. Anyone wanna go in there with me and grab the little turd."



Drake wrote:"Oh I'll help."


Quinn is leaning her shoulder against the wall when Max and Drake exchange a few words with each other. A bit of relief comes over her as the duo decide to perform a sweep of the building. Quinn speaks up, so that she won't be the one holding the bag. ”I'll stay here and guard your exit. If anyone comes poking around then I'll just pretend Im’a wandering drunk. That shouldn't be too hard to be convincing, right?” Quinn asks her question with a twisted smile. Hinting at some mix of dry facetiousness and some type of rhetoric. Not waiting for a response, she pulls out her pistol and checks the power level before holstering it. With her back now against the wall, she slides down to sit on the ground. Quinn adjusts herself a few times before find a spot to be comfortable before closing her eyes to rest for a moment or two.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 44/1d20 = 17

Max complains about whatever it is that he senses hiding from him and Sel feels a little deflated, thinking Damn, I was really hoping that this was going to be a visible target, although I really shouldn't be too surprised. It could be triggering Max's senses because of the active magical aura. "Hey Max, if you plan on going in through the building, I'll accompany you. Anyone who's going to go up there with Max, I'm going to cast a spell on you through your visors or helmets that will allow you to see invisible creatures, as well as a spell that will make you invisible so long as you stick to the shadows. The spell will render you invisible in the shadows, even to those who would otherwise be able to see the invisible. So long as you stick to the shadows, you will only be visible in the infrared light spectrum, but you can still be heard, and animals and mutant animals alike will still sense the active magical auras, but unless you stand completely still and allow them to walk around to zero in on you, they should have a hard time finding you, even if they know you are somewhere nearby." Sel then proceeds to cast See the Invisible and Shadow Meld on Max and whoever else goes up with him. If they decide to scale the outside of the building, she holds off on casting the spells on herself and keeps her feet firmly planted on the ground.

((-10 - 4 = -14) x number of people going in, to a maximum of 7 people total, minimum of 1 person, Max)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 29/29
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 61/109
ISP: 25/35

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:35 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Drake wrote:Drake shrugs at Victor. "They say something's up there."


Still looking up Victor's only response to Drake is, "Oh.".

Selenidaria wrote:"Hey Max, if you plan on going in through the building, I'll accompany you. Anyone who's going to go up there with Max, I'm going to cast a spell on you through your visors or helmets that will allow you to see invisible creatures, as well as a spell that will make you invisible so long as you stick to the shadows. The spell will render you invisible in the shadows, even to those who would otherwise be able to see the invisible. So long as you stick to the shadows, you will only be visible in the infrared light spectrum, but you can still be heard, and animals and mutant animals alike will still sense the active magical auras, but unless you stand completely still and allow them to walk around to zero in on you, they should have a hard time finding you, even if they know you are somewhere nearby." Sel then proceeds to cast See the Invisible and Shadow Meld on Max and whoever else goes up with him.


Looking to Sel Victor nods, "Sure why not, I've never tried seeing the invisible before so far as I know. Hmm, I am going to try distracting whoever it is in there.", once Sel is done casting her spells, Victor snaps his helmet visor closed, bends his knees then engages the suits jump jets in order to leap up on top of the indicating building. Once up top he readies the NG-IP7 rifle in hand, knowing that whoever is inside had to have heard his suit landing on the roof.


{Skill Rolls}
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 65%/ 91%
{Abiltities}
Safe At Any Speed: Negate speed/handling penalties due to terrain when piloting: Robots & Power Armor
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 50

1d10 = 10

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

I don't know what's going on up there, but I can sense the cat's frustration, Maia communicates to Bri. The little pissing match between the two knives had quieted for a moment, but suddenly it seems like Mesi inflames it just because it can. There is an invisible being up above us in that building, the cat senses it, but cannot see it. the ancient blade speaks to Bri, but its thought has a tone, a haughty, see what I can do tone. And as it conveys these thoughts, suddenly Bri is blessed with an ethereal sight, and the invisible creature peering out the window above is revealed*. It, he probably, is limned in a faint blue light, which obscures his features ever so slightly. But this person wears a cloth mask, and simple black clothing. He somehow gives the impression of a rodent: body twitchy, motions furtive, even while sitting still.


Brianna's eyes open wide in amazement when Mesi displays what she can do. 'Oh wow. Thank you, Mesi.' She is so dazed that she doesn't register the conversation going on around her for a few minutes before she realizes that Max and Victor are about to go up there. She quietly tells the others, ”There's someone up there watching us.” Brianna very discretly points to the window the observer is looking out of. ”He.. kind of reminds me of a rodent. Even when he's still, he's twitchy.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 36

Ecks listens to Brianna's information with great interest. Of course her revelation fortifies and enchances Ecks' perception of her strange and mysterious powers.

As others volunteer to enter the building Ecks suggests restraint. "Take it easy up there. It could possibly be another stranded time traveler or it might be one of these super heroes or villains. Beyond that, we don't want to do too much property damage or create casualties. There could even be more that we aren't registering."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Perception: 65% (90% vs magic)/1d100 = 38
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 12

"Whatever it is, it's been tracking us for a while. Also, it can't produce the power on its own. My guess he is an observer for someone who can cast long lasting spells. Also someone who is planning to ambush us soon. Probably the moment we step inside that container yard, though I can't be certain of that." She holds her own insane mental ramblings at bay. She is pretty sure that the idea of a robot uprising is simply a product of her deductive mind - following threads and possibilities to their worst case scenarios. 'Although...I do have to admit its probability ranked really high.' "Umm, they might control robots, too. Don't know that for sure though either."

(previous stealth rolls held)
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:42 am

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0930 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

SONG AS OLD AS RHYME (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)

The dock stuff is way more interesting at first, but the action in the warehouse is enough to attract Victor's attention. He can't see anything at first despite being directed at the object of interest.

Completing an orbit around the building with the drone, Max is confident nothing bigger than a few big rats and the target in the are in the building.

Drake pretends to know what's going on, but he's not even sure which building everyone is looking at. There are so many to chose from here. And the sky is pretty.

Quinn hangs tight on the ground level. It's pretty save there.

As the go team gets ready, Sel casts magic to conceal them. The ironic thing she realizes, is that the properties of the magic she just cast are very very similar to the properties the target upstairs is exhibiting.

With enough proper preparation, Victor is the first to act, leaping up with the jet assist his armor, which is noisy enough, but his landing on the roof is calculated to be noisy and it certainly is. The roof isn't that great and gives, creaking even more as Victor shifts his weight. It might not be a good place for acrobatics.

Slightly before the go team goes, Bri's last minute observations are extremely helpful in providing a clear target.

Ecks, in charge, offers wise words.

Even with out Sel's help, Mink disappears into the shadows, every aspect of her power armor geared towards stealth and put to good use.

The thing reacts to Victor true to form. It tries to run away. Sel, Bri and anyone else blessed with the ability to see the invisible are suddenly thwarted, and lose sight of it! But Max and the others using senses not in the visible spectrum of light observe the target retreat to what would be the deepest darkest recesses of the building. Those gifted with advanced hearing, whether natural or technological, hear the thing scrabble down the steps to the first level. As no one can see it still, it must be keeping to the shadows there as well.

After a moment, something starts to create a heavy scraping sound, metal on concrete. It's just inside the back door.

What are you doing?

    Notes
  • *Mesi activated "See Invisible"


Butcher's Bill:
    Notes
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100

Radio Basic: 1d100 = 58/108%

Listening to Mink's dire warnings, he looks at her for signs of humor. Convinced all such things are absent he continues with perhaps some doubt in his voice. "Well, if it happens there are other magic users here then we might actually stumble into something useful. But trying to use non-lethal force first."

Ecks hears the grating sound. "There's a grating sound. It might be barracading the back door or opening up a hidden passage. We'll check it out down here." he radios to the group.

"I'm going to walk around and see if there's another entrance we haven't spotted. A whole in a wall or a cellar entrance. Sel, I could probably use some of that same magic as the others." he says to Sel and Bri, allowing them to decide whether they want to come along or stay put. As soon as Sel obliges (if she does) he'll move around the building trying to see if there is another in and out of the building.

Ecks walks slowly, trying to stay out of sight and simply watches carefully. He uses the full range of sensors available to his integrated MOH, including thermal and infrared.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Perception 65% (90% if Magic/Psionic/or Monster)/1d100 = 71 FAIL/PASS if Magic/Psionic/or Monster
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 42
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 31 - Shadow Meld, right? PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 90%/1d100 = 87 - Doesn't seem Psionic, but is it? PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 9 - Could this be a monster? PASS!
Surveillance 65%/1d100 = 64 - to look for clues of passage PASS!
cs 60%/1d100 = 14 - to find the target's tracks if nothing else PASS!
Climbing/Rappelling 90%/1d100 = 85 - for any climbing needed PASS!
Prowl 65%/1d100 = 61 - to follow quietly, but quickly PASS!
To capture the run away with a body block/tackle: 1d20 = 17+6 (tackle) and 1d20 = 13+6 pull punch so as not to kill him 6d6 = 25 SDC

Over the radio and with her external mic muted, Mink calls out. "Sounds like he's going for a sewer grate or tunnel access - metal on concrete. Moving to pursue. Going thermal for optics, but given I think he's using Shadow Meld, I don't think it will help, but I might as well try. Try to keep up. Follow my IFF signal if you have it." Max would be screwed, but she was fairly certain he could manage on his own. Drake and Sel should be able to though.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 61
Prowl 45% 1d100 = 85
Max is following his nose, and the lord is leading him. As the thing starts his retreat Max can feel the shift in position. Heading underground. Not the kind of place he is happy with. This close to the bay and all that toxic water. Maybe he should let it go.
"This feels like a bad idea, I agree with Mink. This is a trap."
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3634% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 81/1d20 = 3

If he's been following us the entire time without us noticing him, he must have been invisible unless...

Mink wrote:Over the radio and with her external mic muted, Mink calls out. "Sounds like he's going for a sewer grate or tunnel access - metal on concrete. Moving to pursue. Going thermal for optics, but given I think he's using Shadow Meld, I don't think it will help, but I might as well try. Try to keep up. Follow my IFF signal if you have it."


"Light! We need light!" Sel says over the radio, fumbling for her external mic volume control. She starts rooting around her bag looking for any source of light, but realizing she had none, she double checked Jonathan and confirmed her fears, she had no source of light, and knew no light producing spells either, save for one, but it had no duration. Even though it doesn't last at all, maybe I can still put it to good use... "I hope everyone has polarized visors on, because we're going clubbing!" Sel draws her Skorblade out in her right hand while she starts casting Blinding Flash with her left at regular intervals, hoping that the spell is pushing the shadows back for a half a second, long enough that they will get a glimpse of who or what has been tracking them, turning the tunnels into a makeshift rave. (-1 PPE x number of times spell is cast, until she is out of energy, or someone comes up with some other source of light)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 29/29
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 61/109
ISP: 25/35

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 24
Conditions: none

Taking a moment to rest Quinn’s thoughts drifts back to being at home. Zoning in and out of consciousness, she almost didn't hear the commotion over the radio. What's going on? If they can't find them, then how could I? What help could i be? Oh well, I'll do my best. Opening one eye to see what exactly was happening. Seeing Ecks and Selenidaria in motion causes Quinn to scramble to her feet. ”Hold up. I'm right behind you guys.” She manages to burst out as she gets to her feet. Following the duo as the pursue the mysterious assailant. Pulling out her pistol in preparation for anything.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0930 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

MY OLD FRIENDS (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
Sel's flash of light is enough to light of the whole building briefly and then the light persists longer than she expected. It illuminates the entire first floor in a bright daylight. Shadows only remain in the deepest corners and recesses. Not enough to conceal a person.

Ecks receives the enhancements from Sel and then begins his walkabout. With all his various sensors and just plain common sense, he gets a very good understanding of the building and its inhabitants. Well, its habitant. Through a broken corner of a window, Ecks manages to catch a human with the mannerisms of a rat struggling with a metal door (it's scraping as she struggled was the noise). Then he gets frustrated and rips the whole thing out. Ecks can just make out a set of narrow stairs leading down. The rat-man sniffs the air and pauses, listening, smelling.

Mink isn't so lucky, but she is able to pinpoint the location of the target. She enters the building in time to see the door come flying her way (not close though) and the rat man turn to sniff and listen, squinting in the light. She spots Ecks at the window, and realizes the team leader has grabbed the rat-man's attention (note: Mink did not see the display of crazy strength). Mink's charge catches the ratty off guard. She doesn't bowl him over, in fact he is far stronger than Mink expected. He turns and looks around for his attacker, and his new position by the stairs. Mink can see down to another heavy metal door at the bottom. Seeing that Mink is in the way, the guy draws two butterfly swords from scabbards under his shirt. He keeps squinting, sniffing and sniffling not yet making an aggressive move, but edging towards the stairs. As the spell from Sel lights up the room, Mink's suspicions are confirmed, at least about the Shadow Meld. But the man himself is a mystery. All her training just screams at her that this man is somehow altered by magic. It's like he has been altered comically to take on some features of a rat, and clearly he has some rodent like abilities. None of the evidence at hand says it's a monster (well, an inhuman one). Similarly to the evidence against a monster, this also does not seem to be a psionic effect.

Max is on the opposite side of the building from Ecks, and hears rather than sees, the door go clanging around as it hits the floor. Peeking inside the building he can see the rat-person standing by on the defensive, waving a couple of short swords around. Max does not believe that the enemy has spotted him yet.

Quinn, late to the show, accidentally runs around the opposite side of the building as Mink and Sel and Max. She literally bumps into Ecks. At least her gun doesn't go off in the process.

Finally in a whiny voice the rat-man says, "My master is only curious, curious. Just watching, watching."

What are you doing?



Butcher's Bill:

    See Invisible, Shadow Meld: Max, Victor, Ecks

A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 28

It really is a rat. A magic rat. But who is the master then? The one who controls the magic. If I just shoot him he is likely to bolt and we may never catch him alive. Time for some finesse. Hopefully the disco strobe in here doesn't spook him.
Invoke Trust: 60% 1d100 = 7
"Hey man. Can we talk.? We just wanna talk about current events and magic. We can help you. We can lead you to salvation if you let us help you. Can we help you? "

Max is not a really violent person by his christian nature. He believes he can talk his way out of this, He has smooth talked his way out of tougher places. But his natural instincts also have his hair standing on end and his pistol drawn.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 62
Conditions: none

Being a little tired and not out too much attention, Quinn begins to follow the direction that Ecks had headed off in. As she rounds the first corner, anxiety starts to creep in around her edges. Picking up her stride she continues to following the building around. After rounding the next corner, still not paying attention, she runs into Ecks, pistol on hand and all. Quinn takes a step back after recovering from the collision. Her cheeks turning red as the blood rushes to them and a look of embarrassment begins to form across her face. ”Shit. I am so sorry. Wasn't paying attention. Are you ok?” She chokes out the question, trying to gauge his reaction.

Quinn takes a deep breath in and lets out a long and continuous exhale. Calming herself, she realizes that they have encountered a mysterious stranger. She leans in closere to the group standinf around the window. ”So, what the plan?” She wispers, as not to starttle the humanoid. Taking a glance or two, Quinn tries to fighues if she can tell exactly what it is. ( Xenology 38% / 1d100 = 39)
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combinations)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 15/1d20 = 9

Sel looks on in shock as the spell she had cast somehow altered in her mind and instead of casting Blinding Flash, she had in fact cast Globe of Daylight. To be perfectly honest, the only thing that separates the two spells are duration, and source of light (which is a huge consideration when it deals with the supernatural). Huh? Wait, what?! How in the Nine Hells did I manage to pull that off? Sel thought to herself. "Uh guys, did you just see that? I wasn't trying to cast that spell as up until a few seconds ago, I didn't even know the spell." she says breathlessly. Mentally she moves the glowing orb about so that it floats closer to the newcomer. "Hey there," Sel quietly begins to the rat like creature, lowering her Skorblade so as to be as least intimidating to him as possible without putting it away and being left defenseless. "Are you from this world, or did you travel from a different place?" (Invoke Trust 1d100 = 74/5%) She says the same thing in all of the languages she knows, hoping that he will understand any of them, preferably Elven or American. She will then try taking out a notebook and pen and writing in the languages she knows, and then performing for basic and advanced mathematical calculations because Master Orog had always said that math was a universal language.

Lang: Elven/Dragonese 1d100 = 57/104%
Lang: American 1d100 = 43/104%
Lang: Faerie 1d100 = 31/84%
Lang: Spanish 1d100 = 70/79%
Lang: Euro 1d100 = 8579%
Literacy: Elven/Dragonese 1d100 = 96/120%
Literacy: American 1d100 = 97/72%
Math: Basic 1d100 = 74/87%
Math: Advanced 1d100 = 42/77%
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 29/29
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 61/109
ISP: 25/35

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 14

The display of strength is surprising. "Watch it, he's stronger than he looks." Ecks says.

Ecks decides to go in when Quinn stumbles into him. He waves away her apology. "Not a problem. Come on, let's see him in person." With that Ecks makes his way inside behind Max, Mink and the rest. He radios to Victor. "Hey, we've got him down here. Can you keep an eye out from up there?"

Sel mentions something about a new spell but Ecks possibly wouldn't notice either way. He nods affirmatively with an underwhelming. "Cool."

Once others say their peace, Ecks asks the obvious, "And of course we'd like to know who you are and who your master is. We're Wyld Stallyns but I guess you already know that." Ecks says, adding onto Max's introducing.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 12

1d10 = 1

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Brianna is so surprised when she loses sight of the rat creature that she just stands there with a panicked expression on her face. 'Where the hell did it go?' Brianna wonders to Mesi and Maia. 'Whatever you did, Mesi, it's not working anymore.' Looking around, she spots Ecks heading away and she follows him and winces at his collision with Quinn. Seeing Ecks with the rat creature, Brianna hangs back and listens to the conversation.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 52

Ecks wrote:With that Ecks makes his way inside behind Max, Mink and the rest. He radios to Victor. "Hey, we've got him down here. Can you keep an eye out from up there?"


Victor unslings the NG-IP7 as he responds, "Roger, I'm on it.", and with that Victor sets the multi-camera system to watch out in a 360 degree radius as he walks the perimeter of the buildings roof. Should any law enforcement drones or officers question his presence he will state with authority, "Contractor business, move along.", and hope they go away.


{Skill Rolls}
Surveillance Systems 65% / 1d100 = 25%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 41
Conditions: Power Armor.

Drake moves into the building using the IFF built into his visor to follow Mink's trail. Posting up behind the others as the come to a stop. Well that is more anti-climactic than expected. Drake thinks as he edges around to get a better view of what's happening.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:48 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks notices Drake coming as well. He backs up a step and relaxes his posture some in an attempt to ease some of the tension. Still though, he's waiting on baited breath for more about his "master". I wonder if this has anything to do with our presence here. he thinks sarcastically, sure that there's almost an impossibility that it does not.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 36/30

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:02 pm

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0937 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, grey sky, even light
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

A RAT IN A TRAP(Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
Max is probably the worst person to negotiate with the rat, but he seems to make some headway. The rat man is still furtive and ill-at-ease, but instead of looking like he's about to bolt, he might be listening.

Finally inside, Quinn sees what could possibly be an alien, or possibly some sort of mutant. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. It looks like a ratty man. Ratty in a variety of meanings. It is warmer inside, and despite the scuffle, quieter.

Ratty man looks terribly confused when Sel starts trying all the languages in her world, plus math and what seems like gibberish. Ratty just kind of quivers and shivers. The orb obeys her mental commands, moving effortlessly around the room. Ratty flinches a little from the light as it moves around the room. "I'm from Hoboken, what other world?" he says in tremulous voice.

With more authority in his voice, Ecks' questions draw a steady gaze from the rat man. He straightens somewhat and says, "My master is the Immortal Dragon, the Lord of the Iron Lotus, Champion of the Celestial Zodiac, Holder of the Heavenly Key to the Dharma Gate, General of the Silent Army, Patriarch of the Six Patriarchs" and about a dozen other titles before reveals something that might be an actual name, depending on your transcription of Mandarin, it's something like Ji'an or Xi'an. "You're arrival was noted and I was sent to investigate."

The creature manifested a different power, likely another spell. In the strictest sense, it was no longer invisible but hidden. It is odd, Mesi responds with clear frustration. Brianna joins the Quinn at the back of the warehouse, she can see the rat creature clearly and there are no hidings spots readily apparent. In the long list of titles rattled off by the creature some of the phrases reference typical superstitions from her time, like the Chinese Zodiac or Feng Shui. The ones that she recognized are all Chinese.

Out in the street, Victor cuts a very convincing security contractor. It's not a busy street, and the side he's lingering on is even less busy. Local law enforcement is only apparent through a couple roaming drones, but they don't even pause to look closer. The kind of hardware he's carrying isn't normally carried in the open by anyone but those with a license. A kid selling watches walks down with a granny cart, he also seems to be selling hom bows. Victor can't smell the deliciousness, but the kid seems to really be enjoying the steamed goodness in he's munching on. He glances at Victor, but doesn't spend more than that looking at the "mercenary".

The scene is anticlimactic for sure, but it's also weird. Drake joins the crowd gathering at the end of the warehouse and watches as the rat creature recites a super long list of glorious titles for his master. It sounds more like a cult leader than any other kind of boss. A cult leader, maybe, might be able to gather some mystical power from followers. That seems to be the cultural norm throughout history. Or if not truly mystical, very convincing charades.

What are you doing?

    Notes
  • *JIC for Bri was used for a Lore: Superstition check, for Drake, it was Lore: Anthropology.


Butcher's Bill:

    See Invisible, Shadow Meld: Max, Victor, Ecks

A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 60/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 99

Wait, he's from this world? Sel thinks to her self as she positions the Globe of Daylight behind the rat like person's head so that it wasn't shining directly into his probably sensitive eyes. Then he starts rattling off a laundry list of titles and gets a feeling, causing her to whisper to Ecks saying "You don't think this is somehow related to Hiro, do you?" Turning more fully to the creature, Sel removes her helmet so he can see her face, takes a knee so she's more eye level with him, and asks "Your master wanted you to investigate us, but did he or she tell you any specifics on what to look out for?"

Wait, if his master could sense us arriving in this world this morning, could that mean that his master could also sense the danger to Isis, or even transport us to where we need to be? "My name is Selenidaria, but you may call me Sel. What is your name?" She waits for him to answer and then asks "I was wondering if your master was able to sense our coming to this world or dimension, then it would stand to reason he could possibly sense grave danger to all of existence. How do you contact your master?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 29/29
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 61/109
ISP: 25/35

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest