BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 30
Conditions: none

Maximillian wrote:"I cant see whats in there. The beast is hiding from us. Anyone wanna go in there with me and grab the little turd."



Drake wrote:"Oh I'll help."


Quinn is leaning her shoulder against the wall when Max and Drake exchange a few words with each other. A bit of relief comes over her as the duo decide to perform a sweep of the building. Quinn speaks up, so that she won't be the one holding the bag. ”I'll stay here and guard your exit. If anyone comes poking around then I'll just pretend Im’a wandering drunk. That shouldn't be too hard to be convincing, right?” Quinn asks her question with a twisted smile. Hinting at some mix of dry facetiousness and some type of rhetoric. Not waiting for a response, she pulls out her pistol and checks the power level before holstering it. With her back now against the wall, she slides down to sit on the ground. Quinn adjusts herself a few times before find a spot to be comfortable before closing her eyes to rest for a moment or two.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 10/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 44/1d20 = 17

Max complains about whatever it is that he senses hiding from him and Sel feels a little deflated, thinking Damn, I was really hoping that this was going to be a visible target, although I really shouldn't be too surprised. It could be triggering Max's senses because of the active magical aura. "Hey Max, if you plan on going in through the building, I'll accompany you. Anyone who's going to go up there with Max, I'm going to cast a spell on you through your visors or helmets that will allow you to see invisible creatures, as well as a spell that will make you invisible so long as you stick to the shadows. The spell will render you invisible in the shadows, even to those who would otherwise be able to see the invisible. So long as you stick to the shadows, you will only be visible in the infrared light spectrum, but you can still be heard, and animals and mutant animals alike will still sense the active magical auras, but unless you stand completely still and allow them to walk around to zero in on you, they should have a hard time finding you, even if they know you are somewhere nearby." Sel then proceeds to cast See the Invisible and Shadow Meld on Max and whoever else goes up with him. If they decide to scale the outside of the building, she holds off on casting the spells on herself and keeps her feet firmly planted on the ground.

((-10 - 4 = -14) x number of people going in, to a maximum of 7 people total, minimum of 1 person, Max)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:35 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Drake wrote:Drake shrugs at Victor. "They say something's up there."


Still looking up Victor's only response to Drake is, "Oh.".

Selenidaria wrote:"Hey Max, if you plan on going in through the building, I'll accompany you. Anyone who's going to go up there with Max, I'm going to cast a spell on you through your visors or helmets that will allow you to see invisible creatures, as well as a spell that will make you invisible so long as you stick to the shadows. The spell will render you invisible in the shadows, even to those who would otherwise be able to see the invisible. So long as you stick to the shadows, you will only be visible in the infrared light spectrum, but you can still be heard, and animals and mutant animals alike will still sense the active magical auras, but unless you stand completely still and allow them to walk around to zero in on you, they should have a hard time finding you, even if they know you are somewhere nearby." Sel then proceeds to cast See the Invisible and Shadow Meld on Max and whoever else goes up with him.


Looking to Sel Victor nods, "Sure why not, I've never tried seeing the invisible before so far as I know. Hmm, I am going to try distracting whoever it is in there.", once Sel is done casting her spells, Victor snaps his helmet visor closed, bends his knees then engages the suits jump jets in order to leap up on top of the indicating building. Once up top he readies the NG-IP7 rifle in hand, knowing that whoever is inside had to have heard his suit landing on the roof.


{Skill Rolls}
Pilot: Robots & Power Armor 1d100 = 65%/ 91%
{Abiltities}
Safe At Any Speed: Negate speed/handling penalties due to terrain when piloting: Robots & Power Armor
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 50

1d10 = 10

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

I don't know what's going on up there, but I can sense the cat's frustration, Maia communicates to Bri. The little pissing match between the two knives had quieted for a moment, but suddenly it seems like Mesi inflames it just because it can. There is an invisible being up above us in that building, the cat senses it, but cannot see it. the ancient blade speaks to Bri, but its thought has a tone, a haughty, see what I can do tone. And as it conveys these thoughts, suddenly Bri is blessed with an ethereal sight, and the invisible creature peering out the window above is revealed*. It, he probably, is limned in a faint blue light, which obscures his features ever so slightly. But this person wears a cloth mask, and simple black clothing. He somehow gives the impression of a rodent: body twitchy, motions furtive, even while sitting still.


Brianna's eyes open wide in amazement when Mesi displays what she can do. 'Oh wow. Thank you, Mesi.' She is so dazed that she doesn't register the conversation going on around her for a few minutes before she realizes that Max and Victor are about to go up there. She quietly tells the others, ”There's someone up there watching us.” Brianna very discretly points to the window the observer is looking out of. ”He.. kind of reminds me of a rodent. Even when he's still, he's twitchy.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 36

Ecks listens to Brianna's information with great interest. Of course her revelation fortifies and enchances Ecks' perception of her strange and mysterious powers.

As others volunteer to enter the building Ecks suggests restraint. "Take it easy up there. It could possibly be another stranded time traveler or it might be one of these super heroes or villains. Beyond that, we don't want to do too much property damage or create casualties. There could even be more that we aren't registering."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Perception: 65% (90% vs magic)/1d100 = 38
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 12

"Whatever it is, it's been tracking us for a while. Also, it can't produce the power on its own. My guess he is an observer for someone who can cast long lasting spells. Also someone who is planning to ambush us soon. Probably the moment we step inside that container yard, though I can't be certain of that." She holds her own insane mental ramblings at bay. She is pretty sure that the idea of a robot uprising is simply a product of her deductive mind - following threads and possibilities to their worst case scenarios. 'Although...I do have to admit its probability ranked really high.' "Umm, they might control robots, too. Don't know that for sure though either."

(previous stealth rolls held)
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:42 am

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0930 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

SONG AS OLD AS RHYME (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)

The dock stuff is way more interesting at first, but the action in the warehouse is enough to attract Victor's attention. He can't see anything at first despite being directed at the object of interest.

Completing an orbit around the building with the drone, Max is confident nothing bigger than a few big rats and the target in the are in the building.

Drake pretends to know what's going on, but he's not even sure which building everyone is looking at. There are so many to chose from here. And the sky is pretty.

Quinn hangs tight on the ground level. It's pretty save there.

As the go team gets ready, Sel casts magic to conceal them. The ironic thing she realizes, is that the properties of the magic she just cast are very very similar to the properties the target upstairs is exhibiting.

With enough proper preparation, Victor is the first to act, leaping up with the jet assist his armor, which is noisy enough, but his landing on the roof is calculated to be noisy and it certainly is. The roof isn't that great and gives, creaking even more as Victor shifts his weight. It might not be a good place for acrobatics.

Slightly before the go team goes, Bri's last minute observations are extremely helpful in providing a clear target.

Ecks, in charge, offers wise words.

Even with out Sel's help, Mink disappears into the shadows, every aspect of her power armor geared towards stealth and put to good use.

The thing reacts to Victor true to form. It tries to run away. Sel, Bri and anyone else blessed with the ability to see the invisible are suddenly thwarted, and lose sight of it! But Max and the others using senses not in the visible spectrum of light observe the target retreat to what would be the deepest darkest recesses of the building. Those gifted with advanced hearing, whether natural or technological, hear the thing scrabble down the steps to the first level. As no one can see it still, it must be keeping to the shadows there as well.

After a moment, something starts to create a heavy scraping sound, metal on concrete. It's just inside the back door.

What are you doing?

    Notes
  • *Mesi activated "See Invisible"


Butcher's Bill:
    Notes
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100

Radio Basic: 1d100 = 58/108%

Listening to Mink's dire warnings, he looks at her for signs of humor. Convinced all such things are absent he continues with perhaps some doubt in his voice. "Well, if it happens there are other magic users here then we might actually stumble into something useful. But trying to use non-lethal force first."

Ecks hears the grating sound. "There's a grating sound. It might be barracading the back door or opening up a hidden passage. We'll check it out down here." he radios to the group.

"I'm going to walk around and see if there's another entrance we haven't spotted. A whole in a wall or a cellar entrance. Sel, I could probably use some of that same magic as the others." he says to Sel and Bri, allowing them to decide whether they want to come along or stay put. As soon as Sel obliges (if she does) he'll move around the building trying to see if there is another in and out of the building.

Ecks walks slowly, trying to stay out of sight and simply watches carefully. He uses the full range of sensors available to his integrated MOH, including thermal and infrared.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 pm

Perception 65% (90% if Magic/Psionic/or Monster)/1d100 = 71 FAIL/PASS if Magic/Psionic/or Monster
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 42
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 31 - Shadow Meld, right? PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 90%/1d100 = 87 - Doesn't seem Psionic, but is it? PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 9 - Could this be a monster? PASS!
Surveillance 65%/1d100 = 64 - to look for clues of passage PASS!
cs 60%/1d100 = 14 - to find the target's tracks if nothing else PASS!
Climbing/Rappelling 90%/1d100 = 85 - for any climbing needed PASS!
Prowl 65%/1d100 = 61 - to follow quietly, but quickly PASS!
To capture the run away with a body block/tackle: 1d20 = 17+6 (tackle) and 1d20 = 13+6 pull punch so as not to kill him 6d6 = 25 SDC

Over the radio and with her external mic muted, Mink calls out. "Sounds like he's going for a sewer grate or tunnel access - metal on concrete. Moving to pursue. Going thermal for optics, but given I think he's using Shadow Meld, I don't think it will help, but I might as well try. Try to keep up. Follow my IFF signal if you have it." Max would be screwed, but she was fairly certain he could manage on his own. Drake and Sel should be able to though.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 61
Prowl 45% 1d100 = 85
Max is following his nose, and the lord is leading him. As the thing starts his retreat Max can feel the shift in position. Heading underground. Not the kind of place he is happy with. This close to the bay and all that toxic water. Maybe he should let it go.
"This feels like a bad idea, I agree with Mink. This is a trap."
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3634% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 81/1d20 = 3

If he's been following us the entire time without us noticing him, he must have been invisible unless...

Mink wrote:Over the radio and with her external mic muted, Mink calls out. "Sounds like he's going for a sewer grate or tunnel access - metal on concrete. Moving to pursue. Going thermal for optics, but given I think he's using Shadow Meld, I don't think it will help, but I might as well try. Try to keep up. Follow my IFF signal if you have it."


"Light! We need light!" Sel says over the radio, fumbling for her external mic volume control. She starts rooting around her bag looking for any source of light, but realizing she had none, she double checked Jonathan and confirmed her fears, she had no source of light, and knew no light producing spells either, save for one, but it had no duration. Even though it doesn't last at all, maybe I can still put it to good use... "I hope everyone has polarized visors on, because we're going clubbing!" Sel draws her Skorblade out in her right hand while she starts casting Blinding Flash with her left at regular intervals, hoping that the spell is pushing the shadows back for a half a second, long enough that they will get a glimpse of who or what has been tracking them, turning the tunnels into a makeshift rave. (-1 PPE x number of times spell is cast, until she is out of energy, or someone comes up with some other source of light)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 24
Conditions: none

Taking a moment to rest Quinn’s thoughts drifts back to being at home. Zoning in and out of consciousness, she almost didn't hear the commotion over the radio. What's going on? If they can't find them, then how could I? What help could i be? Oh well, I'll do my best. Opening one eye to see what exactly was happening. Seeing Ecks and Selenidaria in motion causes Quinn to scramble to her feet. ”Hold up. I'm right behind you guys.” She manages to burst out as she gets to her feet. Following the duo as the pursue the mysterious assailant. Pulling out her pistol in preparation for anything.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0930 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, bright city lights, it's not dark
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

MY OLD FRIENDS (Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
Sel's flash of light is enough to light of the whole building briefly and then the light persists longer than she expected. It illuminates the entire first floor in a bright daylight. Shadows only remain in the deepest corners and recesses. Not enough to conceal a person.

Ecks receives the enhancements from Sel and then begins his walkabout. With all his various sensors and just plain common sense, he gets a very good understanding of the building and its inhabitants. Well, its habitant. Through a broken corner of a window, Ecks manages to catch a human with the mannerisms of a rat struggling with a metal door (it's scraping as she struggled was the noise). Then he gets frustrated and rips the whole thing out. Ecks can just make out a set of narrow stairs leading down. The rat-man sniffs the air and pauses, listening, smelling.

Mink isn't so lucky, but she is able to pinpoint the location of the target. She enters the building in time to see the door come flying her way (not close though) and the rat man turn to sniff and listen, squinting in the light. She spots Ecks at the window, and realizes the team leader has grabbed the rat-man's attention (note: Mink did not see the display of crazy strength). Mink's charge catches the ratty off guard. She doesn't bowl him over, in fact he is far stronger than Mink expected. He turns and looks around for his attacker, and his new position by the stairs. Mink can see down to another heavy metal door at the bottom. Seeing that Mink is in the way, the guy draws two butterfly swords from scabbards under his shirt. He keeps squinting, sniffing and sniffling not yet making an aggressive move, but edging towards the stairs. As the spell from Sel lights up the room, Mink's suspicions are confirmed, at least about the Shadow Meld. But the man himself is a mystery. All her training just screams at her that this man is somehow altered by magic. It's like he has been altered comically to take on some features of a rat, and clearly he has some rodent like abilities. None of the evidence at hand says it's a monster (well, an inhuman one). Similarly to the evidence against a monster, this also does not seem to be a psionic effect.

Max is on the opposite side of the building from Ecks, and hears rather than sees, the door go clanging around as it hits the floor. Peeking inside the building he can see the rat-person standing by on the defensive, waving a couple of short swords around. Max does not believe that the enemy has spotted him yet.

Quinn, late to the show, accidentally runs around the opposite side of the building as Mink and Sel and Max. She literally bumps into Ecks. At least her gun doesn't go off in the process.

Finally in a whiny voice the rat-man says, "My master is only curious, curious. Just watching, watching."

What are you doing?



Butcher's Bill:

    See Invisible, Shadow Meld: Max, Victor, Ecks

A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 69
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 28

It really is a rat. A magic rat. But who is the master then? The one who controls the magic. If I just shoot him he is likely to bolt and we may never catch him alive. Time for some finesse. Hopefully the disco strobe in here doesn't spook him.
Invoke Trust: 60% 1d100 = 7
"Hey man. Can we talk.? We just wanna talk about current events and magic. We can help you. We can lead you to salvation if you let us help you. Can we help you? "

Max is not a really violent person by his christian nature. He believes he can talk his way out of this, He has smooth talked his way out of tougher places. But his natural instincts also have his hair standing on end and his pistol drawn.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 62
Conditions: none

Being a little tired and not out too much attention, Quinn begins to follow the direction that Ecks had headed off in. As she rounds the first corner, anxiety starts to creep in around her edges. Picking up her stride she continues to following the building around. After rounding the next corner, still not paying attention, she runs into Ecks, pistol on hand and all. Quinn takes a step back after recovering from the collision. Her cheeks turning red as the blood rushes to them and a look of embarrassment begins to form across her face. ”Shit. I am so sorry. Wasn't paying attention. Are you ok?” She chokes out the question, trying to gauge his reaction.

Quinn takes a deep breath in and lets out a long and continuous exhale. Calming herself, she realizes that they have encountered a mysterious stranger. She leans in closere to the group standinf around the window. ”So, what the plan?” She wispers, as not to starttle the humanoid. Taking a glance or two, Quinn tries to fighues if she can tell exactly what it is. ( Xenology 38% / 1d100 = 39)
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 52/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combinations)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 15/1d20 = 9

Sel looks on in shock as the spell she had cast somehow altered in her mind and instead of casting Blinding Flash, she had in fact cast Globe of Daylight. To be perfectly honest, the only thing that separates the two spells are duration, and source of light (which is a huge consideration when it deals with the supernatural). Huh? Wait, what?! How in the Nine Hells did I manage to pull that off? Sel thought to herself. "Uh guys, did you just see that? I wasn't trying to cast that spell as up until a few seconds ago, I didn't even know the spell." she says breathlessly. Mentally she moves the glowing orb about so that it floats closer to the newcomer. "Hey there," Sel quietly begins to the rat like creature, lowering her Skorblade so as to be as least intimidating to him as possible without putting it away and being left defenseless. "Are you from this world, or did you travel from a different place?" (Invoke Trust 1d100 = 74/5%) She says the same thing in all of the languages she knows, hoping that he will understand any of them, preferably Elven or American. She will then try taking out a notebook and pen and writing in the languages she knows, and then performing for basic and advanced mathematical calculations because Master Orog had always said that math was a universal language.

Lang: Elven/Dragonese 1d100 = 57/104%
Lang: American 1d100 = 43/104%
Lang: Faerie 1d100 = 31/84%
Lang: Spanish 1d100 = 70/79%
Lang: Euro 1d100 = 8579%
Literacy: Elven/Dragonese 1d100 = 96/120%
Literacy: American 1d100 = 97/72%
Math: Basic 1d100 = 74/87%
Math: Advanced 1d100 = 42/77%
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 14

The display of strength is surprising. "Watch it, he's stronger than he looks." Ecks says.

Ecks decides to go in when Quinn stumbles into him. He waves away her apology. "Not a problem. Come on, let's see him in person." With that Ecks makes his way inside behind Max, Mink and the rest. He radios to Victor. "Hey, we've got him down here. Can you keep an eye out from up there?"

Sel mentions something about a new spell but Ecks possibly wouldn't notice either way. He nods affirmatively with an underwhelming. "Cool."

Once others say their peace, Ecks asks the obvious, "And of course we'd like to know who you are and who your master is. We're Wyld Stallyns but I guess you already know that." Ecks says, adding onto Max's introducing.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 12

1d10 = 1

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Brianna is so surprised when she loses sight of the rat creature that she just stands there with a panicked expression on her face. 'Where the hell did it go?' Brianna wonders to Mesi and Maia. 'Whatever you did, Mesi, it's not working anymore.' Looking around, she spots Ecks heading away and she follows him and winces at his collision with Quinn. Seeing Ecks with the rat creature, Brianna hangs back and listens to the conversation.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 17
JIC: 1d100 = 52

Ecks wrote:With that Ecks makes his way inside behind Max, Mink and the rest. He radios to Victor. "Hey, we've got him down here. Can you keep an eye out from up there?"


Victor unslings the NG-IP7 as he responds, "Roger, I'm on it.", and with that Victor sets the multi-camera system to watch out in a 360 degree radius as he walks the perimeter of the buildings roof. Should any law enforcement drones or officers question his presence he will state with authority, "Contractor business, move along.", and hope they go away.


{Skill Rolls}
Surveillance Systems 65% / 1d100 = 25%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 41
Conditions: Power Armor.

Drake moves into the building using the IFF built into his visor to follow Mink's trail. Posting up behind the others as the come to a stop. Well that is more anti-climactic than expected. Drake thinks as he edges around to get a better view of what's happening.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:48 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks notices Drake coming as well. He backs up a step and relaxes his posture some in an attempt to ease some of the tension. Still though, he's waiting on baited breath for more about his "master". I wonder if this has anything to do with our presence here. he thinks sarcastically, sure that there's almost an impossibility that it does not.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:02 pm

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0937 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, grey sky, even light
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

A RAT IN A TRAP(Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
Max is probably the worst person to negotiate with the rat, but he seems to make some headway. The rat man is still furtive and ill-at-ease, but instead of looking like he's about to bolt, he might be listening.

Finally inside, Quinn sees what could possibly be an alien, or possibly some sort of mutant. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. It looks like a ratty man. Ratty in a variety of meanings. It is warmer inside, and despite the scuffle, quieter.

Ratty man looks terribly confused when Sel starts trying all the languages in her world, plus math and what seems like gibberish. Ratty just kind of quivers and shivers. The orb obeys her mental commands, moving effortlessly around the room. Ratty flinches a little from the light as it moves around the room. "I'm from Hoboken, what other world?" he says in tremulous voice.

With more authority in his voice, Ecks' questions draw a steady gaze from the rat man. He straightens somewhat and says, "My master is the Immortal Dragon, the Lord of the Iron Lotus, Champion of the Celestial Zodiac, Holder of the Heavenly Key to the Dharma Gate, General of the Silent Army, Patriarch of the Six Patriarchs" and about a dozen other titles before reveals something that might be an actual name, depending on your transcription of Mandarin, it's something like Ji'an or Xi'an. "You're arrival was noted and I was sent to investigate."

The creature manifested a different power, likely another spell. In the strictest sense, it was no longer invisible but hidden. It is odd, Mesi responds with clear frustration. Brianna joins the Quinn at the back of the warehouse, she can see the rat creature clearly and there are no hidings spots readily apparent. In the long list of titles rattled off by the creature some of the phrases reference typical superstitions from her time, like the Chinese Zodiac or Feng Shui. The ones that she recognized are all Chinese.

Up on the roof, Victor cuts a very convincing security contractor. It's not a busy street. Local law enforcement is only apparent through a couple roaming drones, but they don't even pause to look closer. The kind of hardware he's carrying isn't normally carried in the open by anyone but those with a license. A kid selling watches walks down with a granny cart, he also seems to be selling hom bows. Victor can't smell the deliciousness, but the kid seems to really be enjoying the steamed goodness in he's munching on. He glances at Victor, but doesn't spend more than that looking at the "mercenary".

The scene is anticlimactic for sure, but it's also weird. Drake joins the crowd gathering at the end of the warehouse and watches as the rat creature recites a super long list of glorious titles for his master. It sounds more like a cult leader than any other kind of boss. A cult leader, maybe, might be able to gather some mystical power from followers. That seems to be the cultural norm throughout history. Or if not truly mystical, very convincing charades.

What are you doing?

    Notes
  • *JIC for Bri was used for a Lore: Superstition check, for Drake, it was Lore: Anthropology.


Butcher's Bill:

    See Invisible, Shadow Meld: Max, Victor, Ecks

A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 60/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 99

Wait, he's from this world? Sel thinks to her self as she positions the Globe of Daylight behind the rat like person's head so that it wasn't shining directly into his probably sensitive eyes. Then he starts rattling off a laundry list of titles and gets a feeling, causing her to whisper to Ecks saying "You don't think this is somehow related to Hiro, do you?" Turning more fully to the creature, Sel removes her helmet so he can see her face, takes a knee so she's more eye level with him, and asks "Your master wanted you to investigate us, but did he or she tell you any specifics on what to look out for?"

Wait, if his master could sense us arriving in this world this morning, could that mean that his master could also sense the danger to Isis, or even transport us to where we need to be? "My name is Selenidaria, but you may call me Sel. What is your name?" She waits for him to answer and then asks "I was wondering if your master was able to sense our coming to this world or dimension, then it would stand to reason he could possibly sense grave danger to all of existence. How do you contact your master?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 29

Max doesn't like this. His hair is standing up still. He steps back a bit and lets the cute elven lady do all the talking. He just can't figure why he doesn't like this guy. And his master with all these titles. Must be in league with Lucifer. Don't trust them. Let the man talk and maybe we can get some information on whats going on here. Max has thought for the fiftieth time since he left Ishpeming, he should have brought a bigger gun.


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 88


Victor continues his patrol of the roof as he radios the group, "So what's the story folks? Did we catch it/him/her? Nothing to report up here, local law doesn't seem to be interested in us, over.". Victor sighs thinking to himself, 'I thought the past would be more....exciting.'.


{Skill Rolls}
Surveillance Systems 1d100 = 39%/ 65%
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 97 / 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 32
Conditions: none

When the rat like creature rattles off a long list of names that Quinn has never heard or would even care about, Quinn loses interest in the conversation. She looks around to see if anything else could keep her attention for the moment. She refocuses on tje the creature when it mentions the foretelling of their arrival. I bet he doesn't mean me. I mean if it was true, then why was I here for for a couple of months? What, does he think we're some kind of prodigal hero or something? Hump. That would be something. “Hero Doctor Quinn”. With that thought Quinn tarts to daydream about visions of grandeur. Letting the more experienced and better skilled members perform. Her arms relaxed at her side with a firm grip on her pistol, like a scared child clenching their favorite doll.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:53 am

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 100

1d10 = 10

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8-2=6/17 (x1)

Brianna continues to hang back as Sel and Ecks questions the rodent. Since Sel and Ecks seem to have it well in hand, Brianna doesn't see the need to interrupt the conversation, unless Sel, Ecks or the rodent pull her into the conversation. After a minute, she raises a eyebrow. 'Our arrival was noted? Interesting. What do you make of this, Maia and Mesi?' Motivated by curiosity, Brianna decides to scan the surface thoughts of the rat man in case he was trying to hide something from the group. (telepathy, 2 isp)
Last edited by Brianna Clarke on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 50

"Well, that's a load of titles he has there. Ok, so he took note. Is he a friendly sort? What else has he taken notice of?" Ecks questions the rat man.

He nods at Sel's questions as well.

Victor's radio communication is at least a small boon. "Roger that."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:06 pm

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0940 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, grey sky, even light
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

COME AND GET IT BOYS(Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn!!!)
The man-creature looks at Sel, quirks his head to the side as if processing her questions. Then he says in an odd voice, different from his frightened tone from before. This is still whiney, but less snivelly, somehow. A slight gravel note is beneath it now. "Yes, my master felt your arrival. He was most curious. He said to sense, to smell, for the magic. It is so strong, only in my master is it stronger." He shivers and his eyes dart around the room. He's still seeking an exit, obvious to those observing his movements. "My name," he shivers again, his eyes bug out a little, making him seem even more ratlike for a moment, "is Rat. I serve. My master knows." This rat-guy clearly isn't all there, but somehow those around him can tell he has a cunning, an animal cunning not even possessed by Max, and is probably more dangerous than he seems.

The rat man's mind is a jumble and a mess, it's almost a shock when Bri looks inside. One thing dominates his mind, and it is an image of an Asian man, clearly in good health and ageless except for graying at his temples. He is dressed in richly decorated silk robes that flow around his body almost as if alive. Every details is crisp and incredibly present given the chaos of everything else. Then the figure looks at Bri, he is aware of her. There is great magic at work here, strange and alien," Mesi responds first to Bri's questioning. It is not a god like my master, but related. Maia throws in its own views, but doesn't add much, I don't like this at all.

Moments after Victor checks in, Max feels a whoosh of magical energy, strange but powerful, arrive overhead. There's a bit of a thump too, that Ecks and Bri notice. Ecks is able to identify that there were three thumps on the roof, almost simultaneous.

Victor's position on the roof gives him a good vantage point of his block and towards the waterfront. Inland though, moving away from the container fields, the buildings rise to dramatic heights quickly, limiting his view in that direction. He just finishes checking in with Ecks when three women come streaking in at incredible speed towards the building. The come inn for landing on the roof, surrounding Victor. All three are clad in crazy tight and revealing outfits, each of different design. One is clad in a silver and blue suit with a domino mast of matching colors, her hair is shiny and silvery. He pale skin also has a slightly sparkly quality to it. The second woman's costume, for they are wearing costumes more than uniforms, bares her midriff, and upper arms, the rest is "covered" by a tight flexible material with starburst reveals in all the revealing locations. Even without any of that gratuitous reveal, this would easily be the most beautiful woman Victor has ever seen. Easily. Neither of these two has any weapons in hand. The third one does. And she lifts it to pint at Victor. She holds in her right hand a longsword of exquisite design, it looks like the images of Atlantean Rune Swords, with golden eagle wings at the hilt, alien markings up and down the blade. Her left hand carries a large kite shield, equally ornate as the sword. She is tall, in a tabard with chain-mail looking stuff underneath, but it really appears more like the tight stuff the others are wearing and not actual protection. But the most striking feature is the giant pair of wings she came soaring in on. She is facing Victor, sword raised.

"I am Earth Angel, you have the creature, identify yourself."

What are you doing?

    Notes
  • More Century Station cross over!


Butcher's Bill:

    See Invisible, Shadow Meld: Max, Victor, Ecks

A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 2
JIC: 1d100 = 23

Max feels suddenly overwhelmed. One problem at a time, please. He looks over at Ecks and motions upward.
"That is a lot of heavy company bossman" He looks at the ratman and then back at Ecks."I'm going up"
Max quickly leaps up and sprints up to the roof to join Victor.
He left speechless by what he sees. The last angel he met wasn't nearly as sexy. This is going to take a lot of confession.
It doesnt feel like when he met Gabriel. He stands up straight and speaks loud.
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 58

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Victor's position on the roof gives him a good vantage point of his block and towards the waterfront. Inland though, moving away from the container fields, the buildings rise to dramatic heights quickly, limiting his view in that direction. He just finishes checking in with Ecks when three women come streaking in at incredible speed towards the building. The come inn for landing on the roof, surrounding Victor. All three are clad in crazy tight and revealing outfits, each of different design. One is clad in a silver and blue suit with a domino mast of matching colors, her hair is shiny and silvery. He pale skin also has a slightly sparkly quality to it. The second woman's costume, for they are wearing costumes more than uniforms, bares her midriff, and upper arms, the rest is "covered" by a tight flexible material with starburst reveals in all the revealing locations. Even without any of that gratuitous reveal, this would easily be the most beautiful woman Victor has ever seen. Easily. Neither of these two has any weapons in hand. The third one does. And she lifts it to pint at Victor. She holds in her right hand a longsword of exquisite design, it looks like the images of Atlantean Rune Swords, with golden eagle wings at the hilt, alien markings up and down the blade. Her left hand carries a large kite shield, equally ornate as the sword. She is tall, in a tabard with chain-mail looking stuff underneath, but it really appears more like the tight stuff the others are wearing and not actual protection. But the most striking feature is the giant pair of wings she came soaring in on. She is facing Victor, sword raised.

"I am Earth Angel, you have the creature, identify yourself."



As soon as he spots the flying trio Victor radios the team, "Ecks, we've got 3 bogies inbound. Small, possibly power armor. Wait one.", he ends as he watches them land. Victor readies his weapon, but does not aim it at any of them. Once he has gotten a good look at them he follows up his initial report, "Repeat, 3 boob...uh, bogies. Female...very female. One might be my future wife. Um and one of them has wings...like feathery, bird wings. You might want to get up here ASAP.", he finishes the call.

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Max feels suddenly overwhelmed. One problem at a time, please. He looks over at Ecks and motions upward.
"That is a lot of heavy company bossman" He looks at the ratman and then back at Ecks."I'm going up"
Max quickly leaps up and sprints up to the roof to join Victor.
He left speechless by what he sees. The last angel he met wasn't nearly as sexy. This is going to take a lot of confession.
It doesnt feel like when he met Gabriel. He stands up straight and speaks loud.
“The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”


Victor glances over at Max and says over the team channel, "Easy Max, let me handle this. Just keep your distance and do NOT aim any weapons at them.", he says quickly before anything, hopefully, can get out of hand.

Victor switches on the suits external loudspeakers, but at a conversation volume and addresses Earth Angel, his left hand raised in a stopping motion, "I'm Victor Singer of A-A-P-S ma'am. This here is Max, also a member of our team. I am not sure what creature you are talking about, but the rest of my team is in the middle of apprehending someone as we speak. I have out team leader on his way up to speak with you. If you don't mind waiting here for a moment, you can direct any further questions to him. If you don't mind me asking, who are your companions here?", Victor motions with his empty left hand to the other two ladies.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23 / 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 5
Conditions: none

Maniacal Laugh wrote:"My name," he shivers again, his eyes bug out a little, making him seem even more ratlike for a moment, "is Rat. I serve. My master knows."


His name is rat? Who picked that name for him. His master sounds dumb. I'll just let everyone else just deal with it. Quinn's mind wanders off into the abyss of her imagination. She is standing still when there us a loud thud resonating from somewhere above. She twitches at the surprising and sudden sound. WTF?! Ah, it's probably nothing. Just some air duct or something. Quinn shifts her stance to a more comfortable one, pistol still in hand and a distant thought. She will follow the lead of another member, if anything drastic happens.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 76
Conditions: None.

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 98/35%

Drake watches the exchange with the rat creature and is still utterly perplexed by the situation. None of this seems to make a lick of sense. Drake thinks before Victor radios in. Turning to Ecks. "I'll take a look." Drake says as he affixes his helmet back on his head and makes his way back out of the building. From the ground level Drake looks up at the situation. "Hello there, how can we help you." Drake says expecting that a fight is going to erupt again. Well if they want to fight at least I have this power armor on.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 20

1d10 = 7

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Brianna is shocked when she realizes the Asian man is aware of her presence. She's a little confused as to how he can do that. Granted, her knowledge of her psychic abilities was limited, but she didn't think anyone who was not the person who's mind she was scanning would be aware of her presence. 'How do you know I'm here?' Brianna can't help but ask the figure.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42/37% [52% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combinations]
Just in Case: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 14

Sel listens to the one who calls himself Rat and then asks some follow-up questions. ”Are there others who serve your master? Is he aware of other disturbances on this planet?” She had others questions for him until she was distracted by Victor’s radio interruption, which leaves room for only one question. ”More servants of your master?” Turning to Ecks, she says ”Where do you want me, sir? Go help Victor, or keep the light on our shadow here?”

If Ecks tells her to go help Victor, she’ll run up the stairs as fast as she’s safely able to. Upon exiting the door, she takes a couple of staggered steps back at the sudden exposure to the open sky. Oh shit! I should have stayed down there guarding Rat! No, no! I can do this! I must master my fear, not let it master me! Get it together, girl! Taking a steady breath and drawing her Skorblade, she preps her Forearm Volt Disruptor if it’s needed.

Walking back out on the roof, she raises her sight only as far as she needs to to keep the three new women in view, her Skorblade tip down, but ready to parry any physical attacks, her Forearm Volt Disruptor pointing towards the winged woman who stood before she remembers Victor’s radio transmission about not aiming weapons at them, so she lowers the forearm mounted weapon. ”Hey Vic, any idea as to what’s going on with these ladies?”

However if Ecks tells her to stay, she’ll think That’s probably for the best, being up on the roof and all. And it does sound a tad bit crowded up there, too. Of course we have no idea of how serious of a threat these three are, so they may need more firepower. But either way, the bossman needs me to stay put,so I stay put. I do need to conquer that fear one day and not let it keep ruling my life. One thing at a time, girl, one thing at a time…

As she watches Rat, she continues keeping the Globe of Daylight to continue floating in an orbit around Rat’s head. ”What are your master’s designs for this world and how does he plan to acheive that goal? Is he an ally of the goddess Isis? Do you carry anything that your master has given you? Do you mind if I take a look at it?”

If Rat does have something in the way of a physical object that was given to him by his master, and is willing to let Sel handle it, she will use Object Read on it. [She will concentrate on Images of the Past, looking for Rat’s master. 1d100 = 80/58%, -6 ISP]
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 74

Radio Basic: 1d100 = 43/108%

Ecks hears the thumps overhead. What in the world is that? He watches Rat for his response, seeing if he knows something about what just happened.

Hearing Victor's report, he is at first confused. Women? With wings? He replies back, "Our negotiator is heading your way. I've got a few more questions for our friend here." he says, referring to Drake who may not be the best choice for negotiation but at the least it might give them time to ask Rat a few more questions.

Sel asks him where to go, to which he responds, "Best stay here with me. over his external speakers.

He looks at Bri, just watching her for a moment before turning back to Rat.

Over his external speakers Ecks asks Rat, "So what do you know about women with wings? Friends of your or not? Things are in motion. What can you tell us about your master? What all is he into? Control? Protection? Few that have a title that lofty spend their days playing video games."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 17
JIC: 1d20 = 4, 1d100 = 15

Tons of Skill Checks
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 27 - Power check
Lore: Magic - Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 55%/1d100 = 32 - Power check
Lore: Magic - Recognize Enchantment 49%/1d100 = 3 - Power check
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 37 - Power check
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 90%/1d100 = 49 - Power check
I.D. Undercover Agent 50%/1d100 = 19 - Have I seen them before? I looked at a LOT of news feeds
Intelligence 74%/1d100 = 36 - Have I seen them before? I looked at a LOT of news feeds - also what the hell do they want?


With less fanfare Mink leaves and heads up to follow Drake. They didn't need her below. She was still coming out of a daze it seemed. What had that been? Had she blacked out? Shaking her head to clear it, she moves gracefully onto the roof, with her scythe in hand and rifle over her shoulder, locked in place.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:48 am

Local Conditions wrote:Probably Madhaven
  • Location: ??
  • Population: Unknown, but they all want to kill you
  • Time: 23:59 Monday, September 8 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm, within 50' of a ley line nexus
  • Weather: 43, clear skies, no wind


WHOOOOOAAAAA WHOOO OOOO OOOO WHOOOOOOAAOOOOAAOO(Kinsley)
Image

Madhaven is a place no one likes. But for someone like Kinsley it is a treasure trove of ancient knowledge. Recently she'd found a lead on a religious structure from the Golden Age that has maintained some level of mystic energy continuously to this day. She found it.

She had enough supplies for four or five days. She discovered quickly that the inside of the ruins of the old cathedral was the safest place possible. Outside the footprint of this ruin lay the waste of Jersey Side, a place her research indicated was less powerful with the psychic torment that permeated Madhaven itself. The few times she stepped outside of her safe confines, she was practically knocked on her tail. Inside, she was fine. It also keeps the giant worms out, and who knows what else.

Her research was going quite well. Her Latin was coming in more handy then ever in her life. Clearly this religious temple was significant. It had a very long history, especially considering that the American Empire was young by the standards of the time. And for something to have been an anchor for magic during it's entire history is equally remarkable. Of course the ley line nexus at the center of the crossing may have been part of that. The mystical energy filling the ruins was somewhat comforting. Despite the horror and devastation beyond its ruined walls, she felt safe in the cathedral.

She was leaning against a piece of rubble catching a quiet nap, dreaming dreams of green and unspoiled wilderness. She was wakened suddenly as the nexus crackles to life. She feels the power coursing along they ley lines, she feels the power spike and the rift form. Rifts are unpredictable, something Kinsley knows is fact. Something in the powerful surge of this particular tear in space time envelopes the young kankoran.

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 0950 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, grey sky, even light
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UOyeDx8T_U-9y55sXnGS1HFAek4&usp=sharing

I'M JUST A FOOL(Ecks, Bri, Drake, Mink, Sel, Victor, Max, Quinn, Kinsley)
Victor stammers out his responses as Max is the clambers up to the roof. The three superheroes watch Max's cautiously but don't react too much. When Max quotes a bit of scriptural type quoting, Earth Angel flexes her wings and manages to look even more celestial and powerful.

In response to Victor, Earth Angel says, "Palladium is the young woman in silver and blue, she doesn't normally wear a mask. The shy one is Bombshell." She never dropped the sword from pointing at Victor, but she motions towards the warehouse with it before saying, "You have one of Xian Long's minions. We would like to speak with it." She drops the sword, "More magical power than I've felt...since." She turns away and speaks into a concealed ear bud microphone, Max and Victor can here her, "Elite, I believe you should send over the the canine. Thank you. There is much here that is strange."

Unfortunately, Drake's somewhat clumsy arrival puts an edge back into the situation on the roof. Expecting power armored warriors, he is taken completely by surprise when he comes across superheroes in skin tight costumes. Not at all like anything in his experience. Earth Angel's focus switches to Drake and she takes a ready combat stance. That is something Drake does recognize.

That's when Mink appears, and she appears threatening. A giant scythe never cries "let's be friends". Earth Angel nods to the other two. A pale glow pulses into existence around Palladium and she tosses the mask aside. With supreme confidence she says to her team, "Masks just aren't my thing." Bombshell is a little more subtle, electricity-like energy crackles to life only on her hands.

Mink, however, is completely taken aback. Not by their threatening postures or their revealing outfits. She is shocked because she is unable to identify what is going on. Her point of sanity is the woman with wings of all things. She holds a light-bringer sword, a magically imbued shield of some kind and has all the trappings of someone who is blessed with the powers by a god or something similar. The other two though, Mink has no idea. It's not like anything psychic she's seen or even heard about. It's not magic, none of the typical accoutrements of spell-casting are visible. But but but...Mink is one to do lots of research. These are three of the superhero team known as the Valkyries. They are mostly from this Century Station place that seems to be the center of a lot of this nonsense. They are technically vigilantes but haven't done really anything to draw the ire of the police, and do have a fan following.

With her enhanced electronics Mink is the first two see two more women come flying through the air towards them, and they seem to be carrying a very large dog. A very large dog dressed in khaki fatigues, a very nice looking load bearing vest, with an equally nice looking big ass revolver in a chest holster. Unlike the other two, the canine looks a bit bewildered.

Two days ago, while Earth Angel, Sandra Durant really, hand been alone in the Sacred Hearth Cathedral, around midnight. Not because Sandra was especially religious herself, but because this was one of the strongest places of magic she new of, and she came her often to recharge her energies. She new it was powerful, but when a glowing rip in space opened up before her, she was frightened. She saw uncomfortable things through that window of energy. Shadowy creatures attack ridiculously large vehicles, she could even hear a faint thunder in the background. It was almost too much stimulus, all magnified by the coursing magic. But it was brief. She slumped to her knees and when she opened her eyes, a small, orange humanoid dog was rousing itself as well.

The Valkyries treated Kinsley well. They didn't fully believe her story though, even with Sandra's whole-hearted support. Kinsley immediately sensed that the magic in this "earth" was greatly reduced from her own time and place. She was quite sure she was on earth and in earth's past, but she was not convinced it was "her" earth. She was in the Valkyries hideout when she sensed a rift flash and vanish quickly somewhere in Manhattan. It was gone before she could get a fix. But with her nose alerted, she was able to direct the Valkyries towards some unusual concentrations of magic. Bombshell and Palladium went with Sandra in her Earth Angel persona to check it out.

When Elite repeated A-A-P-S, Kinsley recognized that as the name of the mercs known as the "Heroes of Merctown" and it didn't take much convincing to get Elite and Avatar to giver her a lift. When they land, Kinsley can tell immediately that she is surrounded by people from her own time.

Inside, Quinn watches as things unfold, at a safe distance. The blond woman seems to be lost in her own thoughts, but Quinn has seen psychic people do things when they don't look like they are doing anything. But the dark haired elf is taking a more direct approach questioning the ratty man.

Sel is only able to get out a couple questions. To her first question, Rat responds with, "My master has no designs on this world." It seems like his answer is true, but the sniveling and general shiftiness pretty much guarantees that he's not telling the whole truth. He stops still, for almost a whole second when Sel asks about Isis. He says, "The master is an ally only of the Kings of Yama."

"You are strange..." is all the man in the dream can say to Bri before the vision dissolves. When that happens, Rat collapses in a heap. The few objects the Rat possesses when Sel searches him are imbued with almost no emotion or meaning. He has the butterfly swords, his clothes, a wallet with some anonymous cred cards. Not even an extraneous piece of string or other miscellaneous day to day detritus people accumulate in their pockets.

Mesi speaks into Bri's mind, The fabric of this reality is weak. It is unstable. We must hurry and rescue my goddess Isis. Maia likes to have her say in the conversation too, but it's actually in support of Mesi this time, Bri, it's right, even I can tell things are not normal here.

By the time Ecks has talked with Victor, Sel and Bri, the rat has collapsed. His questions fall onto unconscious ears. Even clearly knocked, there are still twitches and spasms all over the sort-of-human. Several things about the whole interchange strike Quinn as being more wrong than just the surface wrongness of the situation. The furtive activity level that this character exhibits is much like a juicer's twitchiness. And it's always fishy when someone just collapses. She can't figure out either if this guy has been surgically modified to look more ratty, or if it's a mutant rat that looks pretty darn human.

What are you doing?

    Notes
  • More Century Station cross over!


Butcher's Bill:

    See

A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:54 am

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 3 (Critical Success)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 90
Invoke Trust: 45%/1d100 = 42 PASS!
Charm/Impress: 30%/1d100 = 15 PASS!

With what she is seeing before her, and the revelation of someone imbued with the power of a lightbringer weapon, Mink slings her scythe over her shoulder, allows her armor to mag lock it into place and keys the sequence that slides back her faceplate. She holds her hands at a neutral position that indicates peaceful intent. "Wow, the Valkyries. I read so much about you. Is that a Lightbringer Sword? So, what brings the most bad ass female crime fighting team to slum it here at the docks?" When met with a challenge for her name, she offers it. "Alicia Minkowski, but you can call me Mink. Everyone does. I'm with Double A Professional Services. This here is Drake, our XO, and it looks like you met Victor already. New Teammate?" She motions to the canine. Her gear piques Mink's interest and she recognizes Northern Gun workmanship. 'Another time refugee?' Her accent has the distinct youper sound of someone from Ishpeming - which is different but similar to someone from Michigan in these times. Her two companions might notice that her accent seems to be being enhanced in a way she doesn't do during normal conversation.

After a few moments of repeated demands and introductions Mink looks to the one with the Lightbringer. "Do you know of the goddess Isis? I ask because our overall mission has to do with her."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 20

Radio Basic: 1d100 = 90/103%

Ecks, totally oblivious to things going on within Bri's mind is surprised by Rat's sudden collapse. Is he faking? he wonders, assuming it to be some fashion of ruse. "Careful Sel. Don't let him lure you in."

He turns to Brianna. "You didn't do anything did you?" Ecks asks. "I've got some restraints but I haven't got a firm grasp on who his master is. I've never heard of Yama kings. You have any idea what he's talking about?"

"Victor, you or any of the other brutes that went up there have anything to say? The Rat's collapsed down here."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 54/37% (52% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 37

Sel sees the rat man go down like a heap of rags and she immediately looks to Quinn. "Doc, can you see if this is some sort of physical ailment?" Setting aside the rat man's possessions as she found no useful information from them, she casts a spell to detect the presence of other magic nearby, in case whatever caused the rat man to go down is magical in nature and is near them, as well as analyzing his symptoms to see if they match up with any spells she is aware of (Lore: Magic: General 1d100 = 73/52%). She also ponders on what he said before collapsing, that his master has no designs for this world, and said it in such a way that made her not believe he's telling the whole truth, as well as him revealing that his master is only an ally to the Kings of Yama. Over the group's secure comms, Sel asks "Does anyone know anything about the Kings of Yama?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:01 am

(rolls held)

Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 54 Pass!

Mink replies quietly. "Rulers of a eastern version of Hell. Generally bad news, but its hard to say. Those myths had them helping heroes as much as hurting them. But usually in a power play."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Drake » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 89
Conditions: None per se.

Drake is more than a little confused at the string of events that have brought him to this point, but he doesn't let a little thing like not having the slightest clue what's going on stop him. Seeing the winged woman change stances at least twice in the short span of noticing her, Drake decides to err on the side of trust this time and pulls his helmet off. "Yeah like Mink says, I'm Sir Oliver Drake, executive officer of double A protective services of MercTown. Could we all maybe gather on the same level here so we could talk and I am sure we could work out whatever it is that needs to be done." Drake says to Earth Angel.

"We have some flying ladies who I think want your Rat friend, likely for a pleasant chat or something."
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
Image
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
User avatar
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:33 am
Location: AAPS -PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:15 pm

((rolls carried))

"So Minkowski, you say myth. Any first hand experience with actual Kings of Yama? Any groups claiming the name?" And what'd you say Drake? Flying ladies? What's their story? Friendlies?" Ecks asks over the radio. "Might as well show'em down here. I'm not fighting over someone I don't know."

Off the radio, he says to Brianna "See what you think of these ladies. I don't know what to make of this Rat or his master or these Yama Kings. Even so, I don't trust a shiny exterior just because. Voice objections if you think it's needed." She may not be a ley line walker but she probably has the best handle on this situation out of any of us.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 16

1d10 = 6

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Brianna blinks when Rat falls down to the ground unconscious. 'What the hell happened there?' she wonders to herself. Looking over at Ecks, Brianna shakes her head, ”No, I didn't do that to him.” Pausing, she adds, ”At least, no on purpose. I only scanned his thoughts. I wanted to see if maybe I could get a hint of this master Rat was talking about. I did see an Asian man decorated in richly decorated silk robes that floated around his body as if they were alive.” Brianna smirks. ”He called me strange and then the vision ended.” Brianna shrugs, ”Both Maia and Mesi are saying we need to move quickly as the fabric of this reality is unstable and weak.”

Brianna nods at Ecks. ”Sure, I'll keep a close eye on them. If you want, I can let you know what I'm thinking telepathically.” A bit curious about this, Brianna wonders who these new arrivals are and what they want.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:35 am

((Rolls carried))

Brianna's mention of her weapons as living things hadn't phased him much at the beginning, but he's starting to get the impression they aren't like an AI at all and more like actual living things. There's a portion of him that doesn't want to know how that's possible. He was generically familiar that some items could be intelligent but he never thought of them like an actual intellect.

Her offer to communicate with him telepathically was a good call. He nods. "let's hope fate is with us and not against us."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 84
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 8

Max is in awe of the angelic vision.
"So do you ladies sell hot dogs some where in the city? Because you can really make a weiner st..."
His crude innuendo is cut short by his sensing the rat. The magic has left him. Max is about to key up his radio when Ecks beats him to it.
"Victor, you or any of the other brutes that went up there have anything to say? The Rat's collapsed down here."


"Well ladies. Let me show you to that ratman. He seems to have collapsed. I hope this isn't a reason to be upset"




Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am

(rolls held)
Ecks wrote:"So Minkowski, you say myth. Any first hand experience with actual Kings of Yama? Any groups claiming the name?" And what'd you say Drake? Flying ladies? What's their story? Friendlies?"

"Personal Experience? No, thank all that is holy and right in the world. Not sure I want to have personal experience with a demon king, or a collection of them. I haven't seen any reference to a group called that, but I'll check. The ladies are a crime fighting group of pretty beautiful women who can handle themselves. Don't take them lightly."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 59

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Victor stammers out his responses as Max is the clambers up to the roof. The three superheroes watch Max's cautiously but don't react too much. When Max quotes a bit of scriptural type quoting, Earth Angel flexes her wings and manages to look even more celestial and powerful.

In response to Victor, Earth Angel says, "Palladium is the young woman in silver and blue, she doesn't normally wear a mask. The shy one is Bombshell." She never dropped the sword from pointing at Victor, but she motions towards the warehouse with it before saying, "You have one of Xian Long's minions. We would like to speak with it." She drops the sword, "More magical power than I've felt...since." She turns away and speaks into a concealed ear bud microphone, Max and Victor can here her, "Elite, I believe you should send over the the canine. Thank you. There is much here that is strange."


Victor listens to the woman in full before replying, "Zing Long? Uh, I have no idea who that is, but I know that the rest of the team has a mutant rat person in custody. Let me check with our squad leader and see what is going on, alright?". Victor lets Drake take over talking to the winged Earth Angel and radios Ecks, "So yeah, we have 3 ladies up here...I think they are some kind of super-heroes like the ones we saw fighting when we first arrived. I'd bet even odd they are the good guys. Their leader wants to talk to whoever you have down there, apparently he works for someone named Zing Long. Hold on, wait one.", Victor observes two more flying females arrive carrying what looks like a small orange furred dog-boy with them, "Ok, SITREP, there are now 5 flying women and one dog-boy up here. Things are mostly calm. Max's biblical oration doesn't seem to be going over well though. Drake and Mink seem to have things in hand. Uh, and from the chatter it sounds like Drake wants to get everyone together for a formal pow-wow. Not sure if we are coming to you or the other way around, but I guess we will see you soon.". Despite the shuffling around and change in stance by the women, Victor decides it couldn't hurt to go ahead and sling his rifle over his shoulder and slides open the face plate of his helmet. He nods and smiles at the one referred to as Bombshell and attempts some small talk, "So, who are your other friends here?", he motions to the 3 new additions to the roof top party.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet


[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 35 / 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 80
Conditions: none

Selenidaria wrote: "Doc, can you see if this is some sort of physical ailment?"


Off in own thought, and not giving the situation much thought at the moment. Quinn is caught off guard when Sel beckons her to take a look at the now collapsed Rat. Did he just collapse for no reason? Hmmm. What could it be? Blood sugar, heart attack, brain aneurysm, blood clot? It could any of those and them some. I wish I would have payed a little more attention. Look at those twitches and spasms, reminds me of a juicer. Psionics could possibly be the culprit. What am I waiting for? Quinn turns and is now focused on the unconscious creature. She makes a dash towards him before kneeling at his side. Quinn begins to check to ascertain the cause of the rat creatures mysterious ailment. Ignoring Ecks words of warning, as she continues to proceeds to help. ”Maybe someone should check and see if its not some type of psionic attack. I'll see if there is anything I could do for him. Damn it, Rat. Don't you fo leaving us just yet. It aint your time.”

Quinn will relay any of her findings to group. If she fails to find cause of his collapse then she will do the best she can to make the rat creature more comfortable or steady his vital.

Skill Rolls
Biology 53% / 1d100 = 95
Paramedic 53% / 1d100 = 11
Xenology 38% / 1d100 = 13
Medical Doctor 63%/53% / 1d100 = 36
Pathology 53% / 1d100 = 95
Chemistry: Pharmaceutical 38% / 1d100 = 30
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest