BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 60

1d10 = 6

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

Brianna is relieved when it appears that the Valkyries are going to help them. She was trying not to worry how they were going to reach their destination in time. 'I doubt our adversaries are just going to sit back and make it easy for us.' she thinks to herself. Turning to Ecks, she asks, ”Shall we?” Brianna then looks around for the container the Valkyrie had indicated.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 98 / 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 53
Conditions: none

Earth Angel wrote:"Elite says, if you get the container, there's a transport waiting. "


If we get the container?! WTF does that mean. Does does she want us to acquire one? Any one or does she want one in particular? Any type of container? With a name like Angel, you think that they might be a bit more generous. I'm not some errand girl or something. Just give us the damn ride already. Quinn rolls her eyes and takes a few steps away to calm herself. Hands shoved inside her pants pockets, like a disappointed kid. She even kicks a small rock before turning around. Her face, if anyone should pay attention, shows a hint of irritation. Quinn watches for anyone else to lead the way. She also watches out for any more lingering effects of the mind storm.

Skill Rolls
Biology 53% / 1d100 = 9
Paramedic 53% / 1d100 = 50
Xenology 38% / 1d100 = 44
Medical Doctor 63%/53% / 1d100 = 91
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 31/1d20 = 4

Maniacal Laugh wrote:Sel is already outside and she passes Max on his way out. The Valkyries zip up into the sky. A moment later, Earth Angel is about to take off when she turns to the nearest time traveler, "Elite says, if you get the container, there's a transport waiting."

Are you gonna do stuff? What kind of stuff?


"What type of transportation? Where is it located? What color is it? Does it have any special marking? I hope you don't think I am being rude, I just want to be able to correctly identify the transport is all." Sel says to her. Once (or if) those questions get answered, Sel pulls out her portable computer and scans the frequencies that the drones are communicating on (Computer Use 1d100 = 27/72%) and hacks into the system (Computer Programming - Hacking -40% EP Critical Success/22%). She sends a command to the nearest drone with an empty container to land near them. If no drones are currently flying with an empty container, she will send a command to a drone that does not have a container to bring an empty one to them. "Alright, we should be getting a ride to the transport shortly, boss." Sel tells Ecks. She has to resist the urge to look up and search for the drone to see her handy work.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:59 am

Asynchronicity wrote:Effect before cause


Biology in essence is a fact, the way it works is when you get right down to it, downright mechanical. But in her time and this time, biology seems to lose touch with its rules from time to time. Like these mindstorms, there is nothing Quinn can determine that could do this, so the whole magic psychic cause is the most "rational" explanation. Then there's this Earth Angel chick. The wings just don't make sense. Nothing about them. How they hook to her shoulders would seem to preclude flight, but she still flaps away like a big pigeon. They don't have enough surface area or any other aerodynamic property required for muscle powered flight. It's enough to make one thirsty.

Quinn is too busy being mad and hyper focused to actually pay attention to the situation as it develops. Bri and Sel are talking with Earth Angel, catching her in conversation just before she flies away. Surprisingly, the superhero smiles. "Elite can be cryptic. She's talking about the Ultrajet. They're another super team, they have a big jet. They own Elite, a lot." She flaps her wings a second and then pauses, "It's hard to miss the Ultrajet."

Then she flaps off. Anyone who checks the news or does an image search will find pictures of Ultrajet no problem. It's pretty fancy.
Image

Sel's quick digital shenanigans quickly gain access to a drone with one of the smaller containers:
Image
The drone buzzes right over to where Sel is standing. She doesn't have to look at it, she can use the drone's own sensors to navigate it. The container isn't empty though. It's full of creepy dolls!!!
Image

Are you gonna do stuff? What kind of stuff?[/quote]

This is pretty funny.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 42
Conditions: none

Quinn's inner monologue keeps her from noticing the small details around her, hell even the big details she misses. The hundreds of eyes staring at her have no effect, at first. It's not until she has taken a few steps into the container before the feeling of paranoia begins to creep in. Quinn makes eye contact with only one pair of dolls eyes. Then she notice another. She slowly takes notice of all the other eyes in the room. Her body give a visual shutter as rationale relaxes her paranoia. ”Damn, that's a lot of dolls. Anyone else find this to be a bit creepy?” Quinn ask more of a rhetorical question and a statement than anything else. A look of bewilderment and confusion is apparent on her face. I haven't been this uncomfortable since the exams at medical school. Either that or I just need a drink. I hope this ride ain't too long. Not sure how long I can stand all these eyes staring at me. Just as long as none of them come to life and start attacking, I should be good.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 5/85%
JIC:1d20 = 12/1d100 = 57

The operator is pleased and surprised at the Valkyrie's assistance. "Thank you. This is a huge help. We are certainly in need of this type of haste."

Ecks nods to Brianna. "Never look a gift container in the doll. It works for me." he says, climbing into the container and getting comfortable among the multitude of dolls.

Once everyone is on board, another thought crosses his mind. "You know Minkowski, if the severity is due to proximity, what starts happening once we get within a hundred miles of this situation?" he says, looking to Brianna in concern.

"So for you two new guys, what's your gear status? We are expecting this situation to get very ugly."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 17

1d10 = 5

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

”Damn, that's a lot of dolls. Anyone else find this to be a bit creepy?”


Brianna nods in agreement with Quinn. ”I have to agree with that – it is pretty creepy.” Brianna follows Ecks into the container and looks for a place to sit down and get comfortable during the flight.

Once everyone is on board, another thought crosses his mind. "You know Minkowski, if the severity is due to proximity, what starts happening once we get within a hundred miles of this situation?" he says, looking to Brianna in concern.


Brianna grimaces when she considers the possibilities. ”That's a good question.” she admits with a look of concern on her face. ”It could get pretty bad.” Brianna thinks to her weapons, 'What do you guys think? Could there be more mind storms when we get closer to our target?'
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:20 am

I wasn't expecting death to be a possibility of a mind bomb. This really could get bad. the operator thinks to himself. He goes through his gear while they kill time.

He turns to Sel, "Say, you don't happen to have a number twelve star bit do you? I left my set, thinking I wouldn't need it. But since we have time I'm thinking of adjusting the fit of my helmet."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:52 am

( Rolls Carried Over )

Ecks wrote:"So for you two new guys, what's your gear status? We are expecting this situation to get very ugly."


The interruption made by the operator is just what Quinn need. She acknowledges him with a nod but keeps staring for a moment longer before turning his direction. Smiling politely before responding. ”Well sir, for my gear all I have is a NG-33 and some patrol armor. I know, I know, it's not the best or anything but at least it's not the worst out there. I do believe.” Quinn chuckles quietly with a smile across her face. ”Anyways, I don't plan on being in the middle of the fray. Unless one of you needs my skills and THEN I'll need something better but then what I do got is in tip top shape. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.”
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:45 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 13
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 96

Quinn wrote:”Damn, that's a lot of dolls. Anyone else find this to be a bit creepy?”
Brianna Clarke wrote:”I have to agree with that – it is pretty creepy.” Brianna follows Ecks into the container and looks for a place to sit down and get comfortable during the flight.
Ecks wrote:Ecks nods to Brianna. "Never look a gift container in the doll. It works for me." he says, climbing into the container and getting comfortable among the multitude of dolls.

"Huh, well I think its the style of doll more so than just dolls in general. Still, it is weird. But we can fix that some. Anyone who has a NG-S2, give me your tent and some rope. There are places we can lash to to create a basic net. Maybe some hammocks. Definitely some handholds. If I can get a few of you to help me with that and once we get the doll net up, the rest of you can toss them behind it." Mink sets to tying some rope to the multitude of tie down points available in a container, creating a set of criss-crossing ropes, and attaching a few tents to keep the dolls behind half the container. She kicks them out of the way to make way to be able to tie it. Assuming she gets everyone pitching in, she then sets up enough hammocks for everyone, and enough hand holds at standing and sitting level. She then mag locks her power armor's feet to the floor, and uses its robotic hands to grab onto the side of the container and lock in place. She then steps out of the power armor. "I suggest we use the Power Armor's hands to connect to the side of the container." She points out the square hole tie downs. "Those should hold them for a bit anyway. Ecks, maybe you can attach some flashlights up top to give us some light when the doors are closed? Also, how are we going to open and close those doors? Normally that's an outside the container type of thing."

Ecks wrote:Once everyone is on board, another thought crosses his mind. "You know Minkowski, if the severity is due to proximity, what starts happening once we get within a hundred miles of this situation?" he says, looking to Brianna in concern.

Brianna Clarke wrote:”That's a good question.” she admits with a look of concern on her face. ”It could get pretty bad.”

The ever knowledgeable Mink looks decidedly uncomfortable with her own ignorance. "I don't know, but my guess is with the power of the enemy, distance isn't going to matter until we're in close proximity. Once close, we need to work to clear it of any bystanders, for our own benefit, as well as theirs. I wasn't expecting fatalities, but I can see why. I am pretty sure we are all experiencing a brain aneurysm each time we experience one, or we will in this dimension anyway."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 13

Max looks longingly down the street. I dont need a drink, I want a drink Then he sees the arrival of the container. Well played Lord He stops wishing for what he wants and accepts what he needs. Until he sees the dolls.
"Mutants, Angels, Time travel, super heroes, wicked old Chinese dudes, and brain splitting mind bombs. I may draw the line here."

Max opens the door all the way and starts kicking the dolls out.
"Look I got my parachute, but not my survival kit, It was in the helicopter. Lets get this straightened into something before a drone drops us into the bay."

Max then empties all his worldly possessions out next to the pile of dolls and presents his parachute for use.


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:49 am

Ecks fishes out his flashlight, climbs the pile of dolls and duct tapes it to the roof. He turns it on, creating harsh shadows on the dolls faces below. "You know, since have time to kill we could have Sel animate one of these dolls. It should make us all feel more comfortable with the dolls. Especially if it could randomly look at each of us in turn smile."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 30/1d20 = 17

When Angel tells them what the name of the transport is, Sel does an internet search for it and lets out a low whistle when pictures are shown on her screen. "That's not ostentatious in the least, not one bit!" she says, her voice dripping with sarcasm. Sel gets confirmation on the location of the Ultrajet as the drone is landing. (Computer Operation 1d100 = 37/72%)

Quinn wrote:”Damn, that's a lot of dolls. Anyone else find this to be a bit creepy?”

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna nods in agreement with Quinn. ”I have to agree with that – it is pretty creepy.” Brianna follows Ecks into the container and looks for a place to sit down and get comfortable during the flight.

Mink wrote:"Huh, well I think its the style of doll more so than just dolls in general. Still, it is weird. But we can fix that some. Anyone who has a NG-S2, give me your tent and some rope. There are places we can lash to to create a basic net. Maybe some hammocks. Definitely some handholds. If I can get a few of you to help me with that and once we get the doll net up, the rest of you can toss them behind it." Mink sets to tying some rope to the multitude of tie down points available in a container, creating a set of criss-crossing ropes, and attaching a few tents to keep the dolls behind half the container. She kicks them out of the way to make way to be able to tie it. Assuming she gets everyone pitching in, she then sets up enough hammocks for everyone, and enough hand holds at standing and sitting level. She then mag locks her power armor's feet to the floor, and uses its robotic hands to grab onto the side of the container and lock in place. She then steps out of the power armor. "I suggest we use the Power Armor's hands to connect to the side of the container." She points out the square hole tie downs. "Those should hold them for a bit anyway. Ecks, maybe you can attach some flashlights up top to give us some light when the doors are closed? Also, how are we going to open and close those doors? Normally that's an outside the container type of thing."


Sel looks up to see a veritable see of dolls inside the container, Oh wow, that one looks just like the one I used to have, until dad destroyed it. Bending over, she picks the doll in question up to hold it when she notices something peculiar about it. It has a defect that matches her old doll perfectly. Flipping it over to inspect the back of the head, she finds it blank, whereas her old doll had her full name written on it when she had first discovered it. She looks up at Ecks and says to him "Do you believe in fate, sir? I used to own a doll just like this, or perhaps I should say I used to own the exact doll, in my past which would appear to be this doll's future. I can tell because of this scratch right here, see it? The only thing is that this doll doesn't already have my name on it. When I found my doll as a little girl, it already had my name etched on it. I found it in an alley near where I grew up and always assumed that my mother got the doll for me and etched my name into but my father found it and threw it out the window, but anytime I had asked my mother about it, she always denied anything about it. I had always figured that to being plausible deniability because when my father found it eventually, he was furious and destroyed it with magical flames. I insisted that mom had gotten it for me and she had denied it, to the point that my father used magic to compel me to answer truthfully. When the spell revealed that I believed what I said to be the truth, he then used the same spell on my mother and when she denied it again, it said she was telling the truth as well. And the more I think about it now, the more I realize that the handwriting used to etch my name into it matches mine perfectly! This can't be coincidence! This is providence!" Sel excitedly says. She pulls her tool kit out and etches her name into the back of the doll's head, then sets the doll back in the container where all the other dolls are being piled up.

Ecks wrote:He turns to Sel, "Say, you don't happen to have a number twelve star bit do you? I left my set, thinking I wouldn't need it. But since we have time I'm thinking of adjusting the fit of my helmet."


Sel rifles through her gear for a moment before producing the requested size, saying cheerfully "Here you go, sir!"

Ecks wrote:Ecks fishes out his flashlight, climbs the pile of dolls and duct tapes it to the roof. He turns it on, creating harsh shadows on the dolls faces below. "You know, since have time to kill we could have Sel animate one of these dolls. It should make us all feel more comfortable with the dolls. Especially if it could randomly look at each of us in turn smile."


"Sorry sir, no can do. I left all of my gems back in Staci because I really didn't think I was going to have the chance to create anything here and I wanted to make sure I didn't lose them. It is really a shame though, because I could make them sentient, we could outfit them with weapons, and have ourselves a little toy army to help us in our coming battle."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:10 am

( Rolls Carried Over )

Salenidaria wrote:"Sorry sir, no can do. I left all of my gems back in Staci because I really didn't think I was going to have the chance to create anything here and I wanted to make sure I didn't lose them. It is really a shame though, because I could make them sentient, we could outfit them with weapons, and have ourselves a little toy army to help us in our coming battle."


”Sounds like some morbid deam or something. Good thing to know is that they would be on our side, tho. Then I would have to call you puppet master or something but you know…” Quinn stop in mid sentence with a thoughtful look. She snaps back into stride as if nothing had happened.”..if they're sentient I wonder of I could reverse the cybernetic surgery. Say, if I had a fresh arm or leg, do you think I could attach it? Is it even possible? If I can just keep the blood flow up and the neurological synapses are firing, then just maybe. Then again, now a not the time. Nor do I have any of the equipment or resources that I would need, so it doesn't matter now. But hey, when we get back to our timeline maybe we can get together and we can go over some notes. Quinn watches as other fabricate and makeshift wall to hold all the dolls. As the others start to toss the dolls on the other side, she slowly picks up a couple of dollars and tosses them over. Feeling a bit relieved, she quickens her pace. A sense of relaxation comes over her, in a therapeutic way, the more dolls she chucks. The Doll Chuckers. Sounds like an eclectic band name. Maybe it's a new sport. (in sport announcer voice) “And now the for semifinals of the Chuckers Cup. We have the Russian Nesters vs. The Southwest Kachinas. It should be a good one folks”...Nah that would would never happen. Would be funny, thou.

Once the there is enough doll moved out of the way, Quinn finds a spot to place her backpack. Sitting down on the floor, she uses it as a backrest and makes herself comfortable. Shifting once or twice before finding a good spot. I wonder how long this ride is going to be? They could have least gave us some refreshments but then I should have came prepared. Now what we do is wait. Sounds like fun.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:45 am

When Mink talks about keeping the doors closed from inside, Sell thinks about it for a moment and says "My power armor has a magnetic climbing system integrated into it that I can use to keep the doors shut from inside. "
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 am

((rolls carried))

Sel's question and observations cast Ecks' mind around. In his limited life experience, there were two things he just couldn't tally up. "Fate? No, I don't believe in fate, but I also don't believe in coincidence. But maybe things are different for elves. For humans, the one clear thing is we always have a choice when it comes to our own actions and no matter how much power or wealth someone has, they cannot assure the outcome of anything."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 80

Max picks up a doll and drop kicks it over the conex. creepy things Picks up and kicks another. Big nope. He kicks another. Big bag of nope.
Listening to the group talk fate makes him think. Then it makes him sing.

"The gypsy woman told my mother, Before I was born, got a boy-child's comin', He's gonna be a son-of-a-gun, He's gonna make pretty women's, Jump and shout, Then the world gonna know, What this all about"
Max's head still hurts. He climb into the container and sits next to Quinn and gets comfortable as he can doing the same with the rest of his backpack, now a lot emptier minus a parachute.
"The good lord gave us all free will to do what we want, But the Lord has a plan for us. The fact that we are here now proves that."

AAPS
Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:59 pm

( Rolls Carried Over )

Quinn watches intently as Max gets settled down next to her. His singing brings back memories of her childhood. Man that song sure does remind of my dad. He used to sing around the house all the time. Especially when he was cooking dinner. He wasn't the best cook but her sure could make a mean omelette. Of I could only get one of those right now. Quinn begins to smell breakfast cooking. She glances around but is cautious not to draw too much attention to her doing so. Leaning her head back, she continues to watch the group.

Ecks wrote: "Fate? No, I don't believe in fate, but I also don't believe in coincidence. But maybe things are different for elves. For humans, the one clear thing is we always have a choice when it comes to our own actions and no matter how much power or wealth someone has, they cannot assure the outcome of anything."

Maximilian wrote:"The good lord gave us all free will to do what we want, But the Lord has a plan for us. The fact that we are here now proves that."


Fate, coincidence, God?! This sure is one eclectic group but I think Ecks has it right. Good thing I am a cynic. Better keep my mouth shut. O know those things can always turn into a heated argument, and quick.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:46 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks looks at Quinn and thinks about fate. What are the chances to meet her here? So small as to never happen. Impossible to be coincidence but there's no requirement for her to risk her life. Being from out Earth, this place is like an Eden. Though for me some of it would verge on hell. Odd.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Captain Marks » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:22 pm

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 1045 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, grey sky, even light
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1


AA Professional Services temporarily rebranding themselves closer to Allocation, Appropriation, Procurement & Stealing, a differing strategy than their typical for hire taskers, feel as well as hear from outside their chosen box, a finely tuned engine whirring nearby as it winds down to a silence. Their efforts to secure and make the coffin a worthy and livable compartment for travel is interrupted by a woman in a white suede jacket with the accompanying garments of a stylized English riding ensemble.

Impatiently flicks a white leather crop against her other palm haughtily saying,”Do secure your valuables and follow me.” Turning away with an apparent expectation that her word would lead to action she pauses to finish with a pinching of brows,”Unless you do not wish to enjoy my company?” Gesturing with the crop she indicates the slick and advertised vessel gaudily emblazoned,”the ULTRAJET”. As well for no clear reason it too appears to have a poorly framed roaring grizzly bear. The pair of decals atop the look-at-me-red begs the question,”Is the other side of the ultrajet similarly endowed in poor taste?”

The impatient display does not seem to end if AAPS take action to decide as the woman keys some device attached to a sleek metallic wristband speaking annoyedly,”Anna, do put on a pot and ready some biscuits, our guests will be boarding…” Glancing at AAPS she implies forcefully, “Immediately.” Smiling tightly, to AAPS the woman seems at odds with what appears a generous intent to aid their travels all the while her expression is of tightly controlled disdain of peasants suffered. Somehow still not having immediately left them as her first eagerly signaled body language bespoke, she continues,”Do please elect to stay aboard the… Box. Or follow at your leisure.”

For those that follow she begins walking with them in tow as her knee-high black leather boots crunch across the cements and gravel with each even stride with a pleasing grinding roll. Tucking the white-tipped crop with a flick of her wrist under the same arm she introduces herself,”I am Deborah Lettow a member of Ultrajet.” Spreading her hands wide though elbow tucked with the crop she says,”Welcome to the Ultrajet.” Continuing her introduction, she explains,”We do not know one another, but Elite claims you are extradimensional beings to this world.” Pausing she winces with an indrawn breath,”That means Elite, the Ultrajet, as well as many other hero and super-villain groups too, doesn’t it?”

Emphasizing she begins pointing to several AAPS members in turn with lines furrowing deeper and deeper on her forehead with each addressed in turn by her finger,”There are many issues to face right now and the greatest has been keeping the villains from destroying this new world, but...” Taking a deep breath, the tension, the haughtiness, the disdain all seems to crack and seep away as Deborrah explains,”I thought I knew who was responsible, one of the villains and then Elite had to go and find you first! The only ones apparently to not be from this world or my world.”

It begins to occur to the group that her attitude may have had nothing to do with them but in prestige, in finding the cause of the breech of world’s first, not their manner that galled her initially as she puts on a new face smoothly if not respectfully attempting to adjoin the teams together,”The Ultrajet and her crew are at AAPS disposal. Earth Angel sent along that you must be to Egypt in haste and something about a great storm? Anyway, shall we be off to save the worlds?”

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Captain Marks
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 am
Location: lwhiting01

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:28 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40/86%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 15

Ecks is surprised by the arrival of this new woman. Well Ms. Lettow, I'm Royal Ecks. Pleased to make your acquaintance here near the end of the world." he says with his typically dry expression. "I love dolls as much as any merc, but accommodations aboard the jet are fine with me." Turning to everyone else he raises an eyebrow. "I'm not one to turn down an upgrade. What say we relocate."

Listening to her he gets the impression she too is from a different dimension. "So you're here from a different dimension as well?" If she affirms that, he replies "Small world." Then looking at her attire he asks, "So I take it you're an equestrian?" he says, giving Brianna a glance with a smile playing at the edge of his lips.

"To your question though, yes Egypt is our destination. Cairo specifically. Haste is understatement."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 16
Conditions: none

Deborah wrote:”I thought I knew who was responsible, one of the villains and then Elite had to go and find you first! The only ones apparently to not be from this world or my world.”


Not of this world or hers?! If she's not from here, than where is she from? Could she be from our world? Maybe she knows a way to get back home. Is she even human for that matter. Mayne if I get a chance en route or maybe even after we stop the threat. Quinn looks over Deborah to try and determine if she is a human or some other D-Bee. She also takes a moment to give a visual check up, looking for any signs of anything contagious.

Deborah wrote:”The Ultrajet and her crew are at AAPS disposal. Earth Angel sent along that you must be to Egypt in haste and something about a great storm? Anyway, shall we be off to save the worlds?”


Quinn uses her professionalism to keep her emotions and facial expressions hidden. With the offering of Ultrajet's succor has left her with a bit of curiosity. Why would they allow us to take the lead? Is something they're not telling us? Do they want us to be the scapegoat? Maybe I’m being paranoid. Damn, I knew I should have taken a few more social classes at medical school. At least then I would be able to read her better. Quinn takes a look around at the rest of AAPS's members, to see if they are feeling the same as her. ”The sooner we get going the sooner we can save the worlds and get back home to ours.” Quinn mutters under her breath but not she does not try too hard to hide it, either.

Skill Rolls
Biology 53% / 1d100 = 82 to detriment if she is human
Xenology 38% / 1d100 = 82 - to determine what type of D-Bee if she is not human or help detrime if she is human
Medical Doctor 63%/53% / 1d100 = 100 look for any signs of disease/ sickness
Pathology 53% / 1d100 = 44 look for any signs of disease/ sickness
Last edited by Quinn on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 15

The tired Black cat was just about to doze off again when he heard the gaudy monstrosity approaching. He hopped out of the shipping container to look around.
"I'll bet thats fun to fly. Think they'd mind if I took it for a spin."

Max moved to the door as soon as Deborrah appeared in it. He sizes her up and starts to investigate the new transport.
"I know a guy who could fix this paint job. " He smiles as he says it to their new hostess and boards to continue his investigation of the new aircraft.

Once aboard he questions Ecks quietly aside. "I barely know any of you, but can we trust this crumpet. People havent been what they appear around here."
Max continues to check the UltraJet interior, but stays close to the group.


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:32 pm

((rolls carried))

Ecks look at Max and shrugs. "I don't know if there's another option with the time we have. If we can't, I'm not sure we have enough time left for it to matter. At this point, I'm just going on faith." he says to the big cat with a surprisingly genuine smile.

This whole situation has been stressful. He's getting tired and it feels like everything is crashing and burning. It feels a lot like Last Resort. He hopes it doesn't have the same conclusion.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:28 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 83

1d10 = 10

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 8/17 (x1)

"The good lord gave us all free will to do what we want, But the Lord has a plan for us. The fact that we are here now proves that."


Brianna frowns at this. 'The fact that we're all together doesn't prove anything of the sort.' She's about to say exactly that when the woman with the ship interrupts the conversation and directs them to the Ultrajet. ”It's nice to meet you, I'm Brianna Clarke.” A small smile appears on Brianna's face at Ecks's equestrian question, but she simply nods in agreement. ”That is correct – we need to get there quickly. From what's happened, we don't have much time if we are going to succeed.”

Once aboard, she shrugs at Max and says, ”I don't know. We need the assistance, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to be wary, just in case.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:01 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 46
JIC: 1d100 = 10, 1d20 = 16
Charm: 30%/1d100 = 72 - FAIL
Invoke Trust: 45%/1d100 = 38 - PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 90%/1d100 = 89 - Does anything she say sound like she uses psionics, or her people do? - PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 81 - Does anything she say sound like she is some sort of creature, not simply a human with powers? - FAIL
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 51 - Does anything she say sound like she uses magic, or her people do? - PASS!
I.D. Undercover Agent 50%/1d100 = 18 - This seems like an act to put people off. Is it? - PASS!
Status: Mind Block Auto-Defense active.

"Alicia Minkowski, madam. A pleasure to meet you." There is a formality and clip to her speech that the others are unused to.

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Once aboard he questions Ecks quietly aside. "I barely know any of you, but can we trust this crumpet. People haven't been what they appear around here."

Ecks wrote:"I don't know if there's another option with the time we have. If we can't, I'm not sure we have enough time left for it to matter. At this point, I'm just going on faith."

Brianna Clarke wrote:”I don't know. We need the assistance, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to be wary, just in case.”

"Almost no one is ever truly what they appear to be. Count that as a universal truth. Always assume the least favorable, hope for the best, and plan for the worst possible solution. That way you're always either pleasantly surprised or grimly prepared. But as Ecks said, we don't have any better options, so why not."

She makes her way back up to Deborah Lettow, remembering her earlier rant and all the information blanks and what they suggest to an analytical mind like Mink's.
Deborah Lettow wrote:For those that follow she begins walking with them in tow as her knee-high black leather boots crunch across the cements and gravel with each even stride with a pleasing grinding roll. Tucking the white-tipped crop with a flick of her wrist under the same arm she introduces herself,”I am Deborah Lettow a member of Ultrajet.” Spreading her hands wide though elbow tucked with the crop she says,”Welcome to the Ultrajet.” Continuing her introduction, she explains,”We do not know one another, but Elite claims you are extradimensional beings to this world.” Pausing she winces with an indrawn breath,”That means Elite, the Ultrajet, as well as many other hero and super-villain groups too, doesn’t it?”
Emphasizing she begins pointing to several AAPS members in turn with lines furrowing deeper and deeper on her forehead with each addressed in turn by her finger,”There are many issues to face right now and the greatest has been keeping the villains from destroying this new world, but...” Taking a deep breath, the tension, the haughtiness, the disdain all seems to crack and seep away as Deborrah explains,”I thought I knew who was responsible, one of the villains and then Elite had to go and find you first! The only ones apparently to not be from this world or my world.”

Once again in the lady's presence, her voice has its professional clip and formal tone. It adds an air of sophistication to her address of the woman in the audacious plane. "Miss Lettow, given your earlier pronouncements and concern about our status, my guess is you have divined by some means that the looming threat to this world is from outside it. We are not that, of course, but we are on a multi-dimensional collision course with it. What do you know? Also, if this world is not yours, can you tell me of your world? I am a lay student of such things."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 70/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combinations)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 191d20 = 11

When Sel feels that the cargo container was safely on the ground again, she immediately disengaged the magnetic climbing system integrated into her power armor. She sucked in a breath when a woman appeared giving them orders. I hope this isn't a customs agent. Sel's fears turned out to be short lived as the woman immediately told them to either stay in the cargo container or follow her to the plane. "I didn't just magically travel half way across the country, just to be sent back in time from what it would seem like, in order to defend existence, all just to stay in some damned cargo container!" Sel muttered to herself as she stood up.

When the woman finally introduces herself as Deborah Lettow, Sel removes her helmet and extends her hand and says with a curtsy [b]"I am Selenidaria, Techno-Wizard. Pleased to meet you."
When Deborah asks about their status as not being native to this world, all Sel could do was say with shrug "I haven't been here long enough to determine whether other people could be native to other dimensions or even times, all I can say with any degree of certainty is that this world and time more or less matches our depiction of Earth prior to the..." And then Sel froze, unsure as to whether or not to speak of future events. If this is truly the same Earth centuries prior, she could very well destroy the fabric of reality by merely speaking of what will become of the Earth. Granted, only the most studied Rogue Scholar might be able to even guess as to what the actual catalyst was that transformed the Earth. But then again there was a very good chance that this wasn't just an earlier Earth, but a parallel dimension as well. In the end, Sel figured that caution would be best, just in case and after a couple of moments, finally finishes with "prior to my birth."

When Deborah mentions that villains are attempting to destroy the world, Sel replies in a sarcastic manner "Ugh! When are they not? Wait, this new world? Just how new are we talking here?"

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:The tired Black cat was just about to doze off again when he heard the gaudy monstrosity approaching. He hopped out of the shipping container to look around.
"I'll bet thats fun to fly. Think they'd mind if I took it for a spin."
...
Once aboard he questions Ecks quietly aside. "I barely know any of you, but can we trust this crumpet. People havent been what they appear around here."
Max continues to check the UltraJet interior, but stays close to the group.


"Max, I would say that is a safe bet, and I do think they would mind if you took it for a spin." Sel said to the feline pilot as she followed him out of the cargo container, her eyes following his footsteps. Once on the aircraft, she replies to his comment saying "Actually, I find that people here are more likely to be exactly as they appear than where we're from, at least from what I have been able to tell."

"Ms. Lettow, given the importance of what we're doing and the fact that we're not even sure how great of threat we face, would it be possible to put together a quick call to arms to all able bodied individuals, regardless of any possible wrongdoings previously? I realize you must not like the ideas of being helped by villains, as such, but surely not all of them are trying to destroy the world, many I would venture to guess would even have a vested interest in seeing their world not being destroyed. I do realize there may not be time enough for people to respond and it may very well be a Hail Mary Pass, but if we fail, that's it for not just this world and universe, but every universe. I feel this is too important to not try and get some help in this fight, regardless of who it may be. What do you say?" Sel solemnly said to the woman.

Sel touches the inside of the aircraft and focuses her thoughts on it, learning all that she can of the Ultrajet. (Telemechanics -10 ISP) After the knowledge fades away, she looks to Ecks and says "I think it would be prudent for any member of the team who is psychic or can cast spells should go ahead and meditate either until all of their energy has been renewed or until we get to within 30 minutes of landing at our destination. To be honest it might be a good idea for everyone else to at least take a nap while they can." And with that, she exited the Blue Boy Power Armor and knelt in front of it in her simple flight suit, and started meditating.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Captain Marks » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:43 am

Local Conditions wrote:New Jersey
  • Location: Port Newark
  • Population: A lot.
  • Time: 1050 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: None
  • Weather: 45, overcast, no wind
  • Visibility: Good, grey sky, even light
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Normal x1


Ecks accepts the new accommodations while pulling his companions to join him on the Elite’s shuttle service. Asking the woman about multi-dimensions and equestrian concerns, the woman latches onto the least of his remarks answering with a shiver and raised lip,”Eh, dolls. Such vicious things should never have been created.” Arriving at the Elite’s door she collects herself however she uncomfortably glances back at the crate and then reaches up to fondly touch the vessel,”Yes, Cairo can be reached with some alacrity.”

Quinn is with Ecks in urging speeding in finding their destination and returning to the comfortable and warm familiarity of haunted New York and the rest of the decimated continental United States of America. Taking in the scene the Doc considers extending her bedside manner to other practices, though not today as she boards the Elite.

Ears showing an atypical tiredness the black feline Maximillian was none the less alert. Making eye contact with Ecks at the woman’s shifting moods. Lettow seems out of her element more than AAPS even is at being dimensionally disjointed. Asking offhand about flying the Elite next to remarks of appreciation Lettow answers,”The pilot is up front, perhaps he would be appreciative of the company and allow you a tandem experience?” Eyeing the anthropomorphic bobcat she nods, seeming to add permissive approval to himself or maybe herself.

Lettow seems to give Brianna the most critical eye of her guests before giving the two-time world reality hopping gumshoe a tight-lipped nod. Welcoming to the others Lettow gives the psychic the polite attention strangers passing on the street might endure back in her own time when in a hurry to be elsewhere or the kind of a dismissive party goer might for low company.

Strangely this brushing off of Brianna is exacerbated by a suddenly bursting warmth for Mink’s introduction, seeing both of Lettow’s hands coming out to shake one of Mink’s saying,”Ah, Alicia Minkowski. What a beautiful name to speak." An appreciative eye follows Mink at the suggestion of divining as the Elite representative provides a response,”The answers are no more complete than what you already know. The present is not clear, like walking through a snowstorm eyes straining ahead.” Smiling at the curiosity of her world she states,”I could inquire the same of you, what of your world? Where do you hail that you are so important to the present circumstances?”

Laughing at Selenidaria’s greeting Lettow seems curious about the ears on the woman as she questions,”Technology wizard? Too bad we do not have time, a friend would like to pick your brain if he were here.” Shaking her head sadly at the elf’s request of reinforcements she lightly dismisses the elf,”No, the way of the world is that forces often cannot ever align to the matters at hand outside their natural inclination, without significant overt force.” Sighing she continues,”We do not have that creating force presently in hand.” To those with keen attention to detail, Lettow sounds almost like she knew how, but was answering without additional detail. Reaching out psychically to the vessel Sel is surprised by an answering sibilant voice,”Yeeeeesssss?”

Lifting off the Elite collects the container and in a manner the space fairing might call zero-g movement, zips off without any sense of inertia to the members aboard, though the vessels hums with a deep throaty vibration all the while. The city shoreline narrows and then winks out as sea and cloudy sky is all you know, before an hour passes and the looming shadow of a great dark cloud can be seen almost consuming the land ahead.
User avatar
Captain Marks
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 am
Location: lwhiting01

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Wed May 01, 2019 5:09 am

Perception: 1d100 = 4/86%
JIC:1d20 = 8/1d100 = 69

Ecks notices the cold reception Lettow gives Brianna. He raises a quisical eyebrow at Brianna. What in the world is that about? he ponders, eyeing the woman suspiciously.

Inbetween her greeting other members of AAPS, Ecks presses her for any information she may have. "Deborah, do you know anything about what's going on in Egypt? You seem to be well connected. Have there been any rumblings from the area?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Fri May 03, 2019 5:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 18%
JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 99
Conditions: none

Quinn's stomach lurches for a moment, as they take off. She watches as the city below melts into background as the are whisked away. After watching the landscape below pass by like rolling sea, she decides to take a walk around the shops deck. Why do people have to be so cryptic. Quinn says to herself as she thinks back when they were being introduced to Deborah. Maybe that's why people say I have crappy bedside manners. The blunt truth is usually the best, especially when it comes to life or death or at least the saving of appendages. enjoying the gentle breeze against her face and the passing of the colors below, Quinn eventually notices the dark cloud ahead swallowing almost everything it touches. Glancing about to see if anyone else has seen the dark cloud. Walking up to the first person she comes across. ”That's a bit of foreshadowing, if I do say so myself. Do you think it's dangerous? Either way we are going to have to fly through it, right?”
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri May 03, 2019 12:57 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 48


Sensing everything is kosher on board, Max finds a spot to relax. He still has only had about an hour of sleep since three days ago. three days ago a thousand years from now.

Their new host says
”The pilot is up front, perhaps he would be appreciative of the company and allow you a tandem experience?”

Max is tired. His head still hurts from the earlier attack. "Look I dont swing that way lady. I'm just along for the ride. "
He finds a seat and curls up on it.
"Somebody wake me when we get to the Taj Mahal or where ever we're going."

Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Fri May 03, 2019 6:48 pm

((rolls carried))

Quinn wrote:”That's a bit of foreshadowing, if I do say so myself. Do you think it's dangerous? Either way we are going to have to fly through it, right?”


Ecks looks at the dark clouds and isn't thrilled.

"You aren't kidding Quinn. I think the welcome mat has been rolled out." he says. It'd be nice if those really are just clouds.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat May 04, 2019 6:42 am

Perception: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 28

1d10 = 9

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 17/17 (x1)

Brianna raises an eyebrow at the critical eye Lettow gives her, wondering what the reason is for the near chilly greeting before Lettow seemingly does a complete 180 and warmly greets Mink like a long lost sister. Glancing over at Ecks, Brianna shrugs at him to indicate she doesn't really know what is going on. She can't help but wonder to her weapons, 'Do you think she knows I'm at the centre of all this? That would be a good reason for the chilly reception.'

Once the plane start toward their destination, Brianna takes Sel's advice and meditates during the flight , so her psychic energies will be fully replenished. This isn't hard, given how fast past their journey had been so far, she was exhausted and the mind storms were taking a lot out of her mentally and physically. She's a bit nervous about the dark clouds, but takes a deep breath and thinks 'We'll have to do everything we can to succeed' Brianna thinks to herself and her weapons.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Sun May 05, 2019 6:25 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 79, 1d20 = 10
Conditions of Note: Mind Block Auto Defense

Captain Marks wrote:Strangely this brushing off of Brianna is exacerbated by a suddenly bursting warmth for Mink’s introduction, seeing both of Lettow’s hands coming out to shake one of Mink’s saying,”Ah, Alicia Minkowski. What a beautiful name to speak." An appreciative eye follows Mink at the suggestion of divining as the Elite representative provides a response,”The answers are no more complete than what you already know. The present is not clear, like walking through a snowstorm eyes straining ahead.” Smiling at the curiosity of her world she states,”I could inquire the same of you, what of your world? Where do you hail that you are so important to the present circumstances?”

"Oh I asked first dear lady, but I'll happily answer second." Her smile is warm and she does not shy from any touch or gaze the woman gives. If it helps the team with more information, it is worth it. If she does provide some answer (probably an evasive one), Mink answers in kind. "We come from a dimensional crossroads of sorts. Things of this nature tend to resonate well with those who are sensitive to disturbances of this sort. Some of them asked us to handle this. We have our own reasons for being here, but the survival of the Megaverse at large is also a major priority for us." Everything she said is true, but it also does not reveal any information she may not wish to.

Captain Marks wrote:Lifting off the Elite collects the container and in a manner the space fairing might call zero-g movement, zips off without any sense of inertia to the members aboard, though the vessels hums with a deep throaty vibration all the while. The city shoreline narrows and then winks out as sea and cloudy sky is all you know, before an hour passes and the looming shadow of a great dark cloud can be seen almost consuming the land ahead.

Mink spends the intervening hour relaxing out of her armor, meditating to restore her mind and body. When it is mentioned, she looks at the cloud and nods. "Likely that is true," she says in reference to it being ominous and them having to go through it anyway. She then suits up.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combinations) Success
Just in Case: 1d100 = 97/1d20 = 10

Captain Marks wrote:Laughing at Selenidaria’s greeting Lettow seems curious about the ears on the woman as she questions,”Technology wizard? Too bad we do not have time, a friend would like to pick your brain if he were here.” Shaking her head sadly at the elf’s request of reinforcements she lightly dismisses the elf,”No, the way of the world is that forces often cannot ever align to the matters at hand outside their natural inclination, without significant overt force.” Sighing she continues,”We do not have that creating force presently in hand.” To those with keen attention to detail, Lettow sounds almost like she knew how, but was answering without additional detail. Reaching out psychically to the vessel Sel is surprised by an answering sibilant voice,”Yeeeeesssss?”


Sel gives a lighthearted chuckle and says "Well, while I am rather good with technology, a Techno-Wizard is someone that is able to combine magic and technology into a single item."

When Deborah replies to her inquiry about getting more help, Sel merely sighs as she says "I honestly figured that it was going to be a long shot at best, but I felt that I still had to ask."

While Sel is using Telemechanics on the Ultrajet, she hears it respond, causing her to jerk back in surprise before returning her hand to touching the aircraft and firing off a stream of questions in rapid order. Holy shit, you can talk? Are you an Artificial Intelligence of some sort or the actual mind of a person that had been transferred into a neural computer? Are you the one flying the plane right now? Do you have a favorite color? Do you have a soul? Are you alive? How fast are we going? Once her initial link to the Ultrajet times out, Sel leans back, supporting herself with an arm, a glassy eyed, almost orgasmic look on her face before she closes her eyes and grins like the cat that ate the canary.

Once she has meditated long enough to regain her spent PPE and ISP, she will ask if she can see the cockpit. If she's allowed in, she will gawk at all the displays and dials and knobs that are there until she notices the dark cloud formation, at which point she will ask if she can use the planes sensors to try and scan the clouds in front of them. (Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 98/67% Failure)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Sat May 11, 2019 3:06 pm

( ROLLS CARRIED OVER )

Ecks wrote:"You aren't kidding Quinn. I think the welcome mat has been rolled out."


Quinn takes a look at Ecks and start to looks him over in detail for the first. She gives him a smile. “That's one hell of a welcome mat. I didn't think you guys where that famous here and I don't think it for me, either.” Quinn takes look down at her feet and up her body before turning back to Ecks. ”Nope, not my good looks, that's for sure. Well, ifs rude to refuse a welcome like that. Wonder if this vessel can handle a welcome like that. I wouldn't want to crash now or any other time for that matter.” Quinn takes a look at ok had to see if she can notice if anyone else is being concerned about the looming clouds. If she see any of the Ultrajet members she will stop and ask them about the dark clouds on the horizon and see if is a concern to the flight the ship.
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest