BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 85

Ecks is not happy at the metal rending sounds from below. "That might be the container. That storm looks unpleasant. Brianna, do your swords have any more to say? The end? Well I can believe that." Ecks hears Quinn's sage advice, saying "Yes, that looks be a good idea."

He follows her and looks out the window.

"Does anyone else see that dark band? I'm going to see what's happening up front."

Ecks braces himself along seats and doors ways towards the cockpit. Upon arriving he asks Max and Sel, "Sounds like we aren't doing well. Think we ought to put down?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 38

Just as Victor is about to start rummaging through compartments looking for parachutes his attention, like most everyone else's, is drawn to what's outside the windows. "What the...", he mutters as he moves to the closest port, "I see it Ecks, I see it.", he responds to the team leader. As he watches Victor tries to understand what he is seeing while at the same time directing both of his suits shoulder cameras to record the event. He also hopes that maybe the suits identification computer can give him a clue. "I haven't seen any mushroom clouds before, but it sort of looks like one from pictures and vids I've seen. I say sort of because...the colors all seem wrong.", Victor makes a guess as he continues to watch and piece together in his head what it actually is. He shifts his eyes to Brianna for a moment and asks, "Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up.".

Interrupted by the aircraft continuing to buck and shudder Victor turns his head towards the cockpit and asks over the AAPS radio channel, "Are we flying still? Or have we officially moved to crashing?", he asks jokingly.

{Skill Rolls}
Weapons Engineer 40% / 1d100 = 75% FAIL (to figure out what that storm/bomb thing is)
NG-X67 onboard computer 89% /1d100 = 48% PASS (to help I.D. the storm/bomb thing)
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Ecks confirms Victor's thoughts. "It's bad news either way. I don't know what's going on, but it'd be great to get some intel. I think Quinn's right though. We need to put down before we are scattered like chaff."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:31 pm

(rolls held over)

Ecks is not happy at the metal rending sounds from below. "That might be the container. That storm looks unpleasant. Brianna, do your swords have any more to say? The end? Well I can believe that." Ecks hears Quinn's sage advice, saying "Yes, that looks be a good idea."[/b]

Brianna shakes her head at Ecks. ”They're not really saying anything else now. All I can hear now is static like on a television. I'll try to keep communicating with them.” Brianna thinks to her weapons, 'C'mon, guys, don't fail me now! What's happening? Why are you so scared?'

He shifts his eyes to Brianna for a moment and asks, "Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up."

Brianna shrugs, ”I have no idea what is going on. My best guess would be that whatever is causing all the problems with my mind storms is trying to stop us from thwarting their plans.

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 11

Sel sees everything before her, the endless expanse of clouds just going on and on for as far as her eyes could see, great balls of flame erupting in the distance, all the while as fear starts to course through her. She throws her hands and legs up in front of her out of pure reflex, turning her head away and screaming in terror. They were still plummeting to the ground, but now that she was no longer holding on to anything, she begins to float free of the co-pilot seat that she never bothered to strap in to. Max finally wrest the aircraft under control again, causing her to fall once more to the seat. The shock of landing in the seat again snaps her out of her fear, at least for the moment, as she hears a most disturbing sound coming from the aircraft. Scanning over the multi-function displays and monitors containing feeds from cameras mounted on the outside, she notices that the cargo container she had liberated to get them on the tarmac was attached to the bottom of the UltraJet. "I hope nobody left anything important in that cargo container we took a ride in because I have to jettison it!" Sel hollers over her shoulder as she disengages the magnetic clamps that had held it in place.

Ecks ever the leader immediately drives AAPS from passivity to action directs, ”Everyone, brace for dynamic evacuation! You got this Max, Sel?"

"I've already dynamically evacuated. Oh wait, you mean from the aircraft..." she says embarrassingly as a wet spot forms around her thighs. "It's not my magic that is linking my mind to the UltraJet but a psychic link, kind of like how some people can get psychic impressions from objects, but much more comprehensive but restricted to machines only. I can also telepathically communicatewith any AI that are present." she explains to the cast as she psychically checks the engines and tells him how they are holding up to the stress. Sel considers what she can do to help the situation at the moment. She only knows a couple of spells that can lift things, Levitation and Telekinesis, but her limits on both of those spells are well below the multi-ton weight of the UltraJet all by itself, not to mention the stress of plummeting to the Earth. The aircraft's AI seemed to be fighting Max every step of the way, and seems to be going insane as well. Wait a second, what if I disconnect the AI from the flight controls? Touching the UltraJet again, she refocuses on her mental bond with it and mentally blocks out the the screaming AI (Mind Block Auto-Defense) and begins looking at how the AI is connected to the UltraJet's flight controls as well as other computer systems. Additionally she will see if the AI is stored in it's own computer on the aircraft, separate from the flight controls, and where in the aircraft the AI's computer is located. (Computer Operation 1d100 = 62/88% due to the influence of Telemechanics Success). She then begins using her psychic bond with the aircraft to alter the programming code responsible for the UltraJet's AI, separating it from being able to access the flight controls and receive and transmit flight data such as fuel and altitude and speed and the like.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Mink » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 51 (+25% vs magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items)
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 93
Conditions
  • Amplified Hearing (At 75 ft or less, sounds as quiet as one decibel - softer than a whisper - can be heard; At 150 ft 10 decibels - a whisper- can be heard clearly; At 360 ft a normal conversation or louder - 30 decibels - can be clearly heard. Accurately estimate distance and location of the sound source, and recognize specific sounds and voices 65% (+5%)
  • Multi-Optics System: The large, goggle-like eyes of the Night Reaper contain a wide range of optical enhancements: Passive nightvision (light amplification; range 1,600 feet/488 m), infrared optics (can see in total darkness and through smoke, however, an infrared light beam is emitted which can be seen by others with the ability to see the infrared; range 1,600 feet/488 m), ultraviolet vision (can see the ultraviolet light used by some security systems; 400 foot/122 m range), binocular telescopic sight (2 miles/3.2 km range), macro-magnification (x12 for close work), and a built-in digital camera that can store 100 hours of video and take 4,000 still pictures; camera has the same telescopic and macro features for distance and close images). All are perfect for spy work and surveillance.
  • Mind Block Auto-Defense (special)
Quinn wrote:"If we can't get thing back in the air, then we're going to need to brace for a sudden stop. Either way we need to do something and fast."
Max wrote:"Well then. Lets go fix this bird before it cooks our goose."
Ecks wrote:"Everyone, brace for dynamic evacuation! You got this Max, Sel?"

Mink, for her part, springs to jump into her power armor as the others scramble to save their lives and the lives of their hosts. "If they don't we're screwed. But I have faith." Any further replies and banter is lost on her as her power armor seals and diagnostics flash in her visor.

As her audio and visual feeds come online, she hears Ecks, Victor, and Bri talking. She missed Quinn's words entirely.
Victor wrote:"I haven't seen any mushroom clouds before, but it sort of looks like one from pictures and vids I've seen. I say sort of because...the colors all seem wrong.", Victor makes a guess as he continues to watch and piece together in his head what it actually is. He shifts his eyes to Brianna for a moment and asks, "Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up.".
Ecks wrote:Ecks confirms Victor's thoughts. "It's bad news either way. I don't know what's going on, but it'd be great to get some intel. I think Quinn's right though. We need to put down before we are scattered like chaff."

Skill Checks and Power Use
Activate Power: See the Invisible (4; range is super short, but it might help if something is in the UltraJet)
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 54 - Have I HEARD or seen record of some sort of magical storm like this before? The NGR does have operatives in Egypt on Rifts Earth. She might have seen a lesser version of this. PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 68 - that is a storm, not some kind of creature right? PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 90%/1d100 = 86 - Just ruling out some sort of psychic illusion or "simple" (if massive in scope) telekinetic/pyrokinetic/electrokinetic effect PASS!
Photography 45%/1d100 = 19 - Get some good stills and Video. PASS!
History: Post-Apocolypse 45%/1d100 = 84 - Ever seen this on the record anywhere before? FAIL!
History: Pre-Rifts 42%/1d100 = 46 - Ever seen this on the record anywhere before? FAIL!
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 70%/1d100 = 95 - Does it look like a nuclear mushroom cloud? If not, what? FAIL!
Mink gets to a window and braces herself while getting a good look outside. She captures several pictures while wracking her mind for any clue. 'That is simply an amazing level of destruction. Seems too big for most nukes though. If it is a nuke, that's a huge one' Once she has information to review, she heads to where her backpack slid.
Selenidaria wrote:"I hope nobody left anything important in that cargo container we took a ride in because I have to jettison it!"
Mink calls out reflexively. "Nothing but a lot of dolls. We may need to get new tents and rope if they weren't recovered. I got mine, but that's all I know. Nothing huge." She'd stowed her backpack at the feet of her power armor, and recovered it now as she moved to a place to where she could strap it and herself in. It was set up so she could strap it in front of her if she needed to evacuate the jet with her jet pack. Given the turbulence, she hoped it would not come to that.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Ecks confirms Victor's thoughts. "It's bad news either way. I don't know what's going on, but it'd be great to get some intel. I think Quinn's right though. We need to put down before we are scattered like chaff."

Victor looks over at Ecks, "Are we even over land?".

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna shrugs, ”I have no idea what is going on. My best guess would be that whatever is causing all the problems with my mind storms is trying to stop us from thwarting their plans.

Victor turns back to the window, "Yeah, well if that's the case...they sure aren't pulling any punches...".

In response to Ecks ordering the group to brace for a landing, Victor finds a tight spot that his suit will s till fit into and then braces himself with arms and legs with as much pressure as he dares without causing damage to the aircraft. Then he locks the joints, "Ok, ready for landing....Max, Sel, make it interesting will ya'?", he quips over the group frequency.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Victor Singer wrote:In response to Ecks ordering the group to brace for a landing, Victor finds a tight spot that his suit will s till fit into and then braces himself with arms and legs with as much pressure as he dares without causing damage to the aircraft. Then he locks the joints, "Ok, ready for landing....Max, Sel, make it interesting will ya'?", he quips over the group frequency.

"Interesting? Interesting? The AI is resisting Max's efforts for controlling the UltraJet while I try to disengage the AI from the flight controls and you want us to make it interesting? Let me lay an old elven curse on you, mister! May you live in interesting times, may you come to the attention to those in authority, and may the gods grant you all that you wish for!" Sel said with a huff over the radio.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 62
Perception: 34%

The cat starts to grin. Mayhem is all around him and things may not go well. I've had a good life. Lets make this happen. He places a hand on Sels knee and and purrs at her " This is gonna be okay red. Lets land this party before it becomes a wake. He returns his attention to the controls and starts check list to land. And sings
"Hey everybody, lets have some fun. You only live once and when you dead you done. Whoo! So let the good times roll!"
1d100 = 2 Pilot: Airplanes 78% +25% on emergency landings,
He keys his mike
"This is your Captain speaking please return all seats and tray tables to their upright positions and assume emergency positions. We here at UltraJet airlines would like to thank you for flying with us and lets all pray that we dont keep flying once the plane touches down. And dont worry we're doing the lords work.
Maximillian O'Malley

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:58 pm

"Rrriiight... Note to self, never ride in a plane flown by someone crazier or more religious than you, and that goes double if they are both crazier AND more religious!" Sel says to herself as she continues to work.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:53 am

((rolls carried))

Taking Max as his word, Ecks prepares for an emergency landing. He finds a seat and lashes himself in to whatever restraints are handy.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services