BACK IN TIME

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:49 am

Perception: 1d100 = 96/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 85

Ecks is not happy at the metal rending sounds from below. "That might be the container. That storm looks unpleasant. Brianna, do your swords have any more to say? The end? Well I can believe that." Ecks hears Quinn's sage advice, saying "Yes, that looks be a good idea."

He follows her and looks out the window.

"Does anyone else see that dark band? I'm going to see what's happening up front."

Ecks braces himself along seats and doors ways towards the cockpit. Upon arriving he asks Max and Sel, "Sounds like we aren't doing well. Think we ought to put down?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 14% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC: 1d100 = 38


Just as Victor is about to start rummaging through compartments looking for parachutes his attention, like most everyone else's, is drawn to what's outside the windows. "What the...", he mutters as he moves to the closest port, "I see it Ecks, I see it.", he responds to the team leader. As he watches Victor tries to understand what he is seeing while at the same time directing both of his suits shoulder cameras to record the event. He also hopes that maybe the suits identification computer can give him a clue. "I haven't seen any mushroom clouds before, but it sort of looks like one from pictures and vids I've seen. I say sort of because...the colors all seem wrong.", Victor makes a guess as he continues to watch and piece together in his head what it actually is. He shifts his eyes to Brianna for a moment and asks, "Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up.".

Interrupted by the aircraft continuing to buck and shudder Victor turns his head towards the cockpit and asks over the AAPS radio channel, "Are we flying still? Or have we officially moved to crashing?", he asks jokingly.


{Skill Rolls}
Weapons Engineer 40% / 1d100 = 75% FAIL (to figure out what that storm/bomb thing is)
NG-X67 onboard computer 89% /1d100 = 48% PASS (to help I.D. the storm/bomb thing)
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:13 pm

Ecks confirms Victor's thoughts. "It's bad news either way. I don't know what's going on, but it'd be great to get some intel. I think Quinn's right though. We need to put down before we are scattered like chaff."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:31 pm

(rolls held over)

Ecks is not happy at the metal rending sounds from below. "That might be the container. That storm looks unpleasant. Brianna, do your swords have any more to say? The end? Well I can believe that." Ecks hears Quinn's sage advice, saying "Yes, that looks be a good idea."[/b]


Brianna shakes her head at Ecks. ”They're not really saying anything else now. All I can hear now is static like on a television. I'll try to keep communicating with them.” Brianna thinks to her weapons, 'C'mon, guys, don't fail me now! What's happening? Why are you so scared?'

He shifts his eyes to Brianna for a moment and asks, "Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up."


Brianna shrugs, ”I have no idea what is going on. My best guess would be that whatever is causing all the problems with my mind storms is trying to stop us from thwarting their plans.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 11

Sel sees everything before her, the endless expanse of clouds just going on and on for as far as her eyes could see, great balls of flame erupting in the distance, all the while as fear starts to course through her. She throws her hands and legs up in front of her out of pure reflex, turning her head away and screaming in terror. They were still plummeting to the ground, but now that she was no longer holding on to anything, she begins to float free of the co-pilot seat that she never bothered to strap in to. Max finally wrest the aircraft under control again, causing her to fall once more to the seat. The shock of landing in the seat again snaps her out of her fear, at least for the moment, as she hears a most disturbing sound coming from the aircraft. Righting herself in the co-pilot seat, she fastens herself in. Scanning over the multi-function displays and monitors containing feeds from cameras mounted on the outside, she notices that the cargo container she had liberated to get them on the tarmac was attached to the bottom of the UltraJet. "I hope nobody left anything important in that cargo container we took a ride in because I have to jettison it!" Sel hollers over her shoulder as she disengages the magnetic clamps that had held it in place.

Ecks ever the leader immediately drives AAPS from passivity to action directs, ”Everyone, brace for dynamic evacuation! You got this Max, Sel?"


"I've already dynamically evacuated. Oh wait, you mean from the aircraft..." she says embarrassingly as a wet spot forms around her thighs. "It's not my magic that is linking my mind to the UltraJet but a psychic link, kind of like how some people can get psychic impressions from objects, but much more comprehensive but restricted to machines only. I can also telepathically communicatewith any AI that are present." she explains to the cast as she psychically checks the engines and tells him how they are holding up to the stress. Sel considers what she can do to help the situation at the moment. She only knows a couple of spells that can lift things, Levitation and Telekinesis, but her limits on both of those spells are well below the multi-ton weight of the UltraJet all by itself, not to mention the stress of plummeting to the Earth. The aircraft's AI seemed to be fighting Max every step of the way, and seems to be going insane as well. Wait a second, what if I disconnect the AI from the flight controls? Touching the UltraJet again, she refocuses on her mental bond with it and mentally blocks out the the screaming AI (Mind Block Auto-Defense) and begins looking at how the AI is connected to the UltraJet's flight controls as well as other computer systems. Additionally she will see if the AI is stored in it's own computer on the aircraft, separate from the flight controls, and where in the aircraft the AI's computer is located. (Computer Operation 1d100 = 62/88% due to the influence of Telemechanics Success). She then begins using her psychic bond with the aircraft to alter the programming code responsible for the UltraJet's AI, separating it from being able to access the flight controls and receive and transmit flight data such as fuel and altitude and speed and the like.

Edit: I forgot to make sure that Sel strapped herself in to the co-pilot seat.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 51 (+25% vs magic lore, demon/monster lore, and psychic lore items)
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 93
Conditions
  • Amplified Hearing (At 75 ft or less, sounds as quiet as one decibel - softer than a whisper - can be heard; At 150 ft 10 decibels - a whisper- can be heard clearly; At 360 ft a normal conversation or louder - 30 decibels - can be clearly heard. Accurately estimate distance and location of the sound source, and recognize specific sounds and voices 65% (+5%)
  • Multi-Optics System: The large, goggle-like eyes of the Night Reaper contain a wide range of optical enhancements: Passive nightvision (light amplification; range 1,600 feet/488 m), infrared optics (can see in total darkness and through smoke, however, an infrared light beam is emitted which can be seen by others with the ability to see the infrared; range 1,600 feet/488 m), ultraviolet vision (can see the ultraviolet light used by some security systems; 400 foot/122 m range), binocular telescopic sight (2 miles/3.2 km range), macro-magnification (x12 for close work), and a built-in digital camera that can store 100 hours of video and take 4,000 still pictures; camera has the same telescopic and macro features for distance and close images). All are perfect for spy work and surveillance.
  • Mind Block Auto-Defense (special)
Quinn wrote:"If we can't get thing back in the air, then we're going to need to brace for a sudden stop. Either way we need to do something and fast."
Max wrote:"Well then. Lets go fix this bird before it cooks our goose."
Ecks wrote:"Everyone, brace for dynamic evacuation! You got this Max, Sel?"

Mink, for her part, springs to jump into her power armor as the others scramble to save their lives and the lives of their hosts. "If they don't we're screwed. But I have faith." Any further replies and banter is lost on her as her power armor seals and diagnostics flash in her visor.

As her audio and visual feeds come online, she hears Ecks, Victor, and Bri talking. She missed Quinn's words entirely.
Victor wrote:"I haven't seen any mushroom clouds before, but it sort of looks like one from pictures and vids I've seen. I say sort of because...the colors all seem wrong.", Victor makes a guess as he continues to watch and piece together in his head what it actually is. He shifts his eyes to Brianna for a moment and asks, "Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up.".
Ecks wrote:Ecks confirms Victor's thoughts. "It's bad news either way. I don't know what's going on, but it'd be great to get some intel. I think Quinn's right though. We need to put down before we are scattered like chaff."

Skill Checks and Power Use
Activate Power: See the Invisible (4; range is super short, but it might help if something is in the UltraJet)
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 54 - Have I HEARD or seen record of some sort of magical storm like this before? The NGR does have operatives in Egypt on Rifts Earth. She might have seen a lesser version of this. PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70%/1d100 = 68 - that is a storm, not some kind of creature right? PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 90%/1d100 = 86 - Just ruling out some sort of psychic illusion or "simple" (if massive in scope) telekinetic/pyrokinetic/electrokinetic effect PASS!
Photography 45%/1d100 = 19 - Get some good stills and Video. PASS!
History: Post-Apocolypse 45%/1d100 = 84 - Ever seen this on the record anywhere before? FAIL!
History: Pre-Rifts 42%/1d100 = 46 - Ever seen this on the record anywhere before? FAIL!
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 70%/1d100 = 95 - Does it look like a nuclear mushroom cloud? If not, what? FAIL!
Mink gets to a window and braces herself while getting a good look outside. She captures several pictures while wracking her mind for any clue. 'That is simply an amazing level of destruction. Seems too big for most nukes though. If it is a nuke, that's a huge one' Once she has information to review, she heads to where her backpack slid.
Selenidaria wrote:"I hope nobody left anything important in that cargo container we took a ride in because I have to jettison it!"
Mink calls out reflexively. "Nothing but a lot of dolls. We may need to get new tents and rope if they weren't recovered. I got mine, but that's all I know. Nothing huge." She'd stowed her backpack at the feet of her power armor, and recovered it now as she moved to a place to where she could strap it and herself in. It was set up so she could strap it in front of her if she needed to evacuate the jet with her jet pack. Given the turbulence, she hoped it would not come to that.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:39 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Ecks confirms Victor's thoughts. "It's bad news either way. I don't know what's going on, but it'd be great to get some intel. I think Quinn's right though. We need to put down before we are scattered like chaff."


Victor looks over at Ecks, "Are we even over land?".

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna shrugs, ”I have no idea what is going on. My best guess would be that whatever is causing all the problems with my mind storms is trying to stop us from thwarting their plans.


Victor turns back to the window, "Yeah, well if that's the case...they sure aren't pulling any punches...".

In response to Ecks ordering the group to brace for a landing, Victor finds a tight spot that his suit will s till fit into and then braces himself with arms and legs with as much pressure as he dares without causing damage to the aircraft. Then he locks the joints, "Ok, ready for landing....Max, Sel, make it interesting will ya'?", he quips over the group frequency.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Victor Singer wrote:In response to Ecks ordering the group to brace for a landing, Victor finds a tight spot that his suit will s till fit into and then braces himself with arms and legs with as much pressure as he dares without causing damage to the aircraft. Then he locks the joints, "Ok, ready for landing....Max, Sel, make it interesting will ya'?", he quips over the group frequency.


"Interesting? Interesting? The AI is resisting Max's efforts for controlling the UltraJet while I try to disengage the AI from the flight controls and you want us to make it interesting? Let me lay an old elven curse on you, mister! May you live in interesting times, may you come to the attention to those in authority, and may the gods grant you all that you wish for!" Sel said with a huff over the radio.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 62
Perception: 34%

The cat starts to grin. Mayhem is all around him and things may not go well. I've had a good life. Lets make this happen. He places a hand on Sels knee and and purrs at her " This is gonna be okay red. Lets land this party before it becomes a wake. He returns his attention to the controls and starts check list to land. And sings
"Hey everybody, lets have some fun. You only live once and when you dead you done. Whoo! So let the good times roll!"
1d100 = 2 Pilot: Airplanes 78% +25% on emergency landings,
He keys his mike
"This is your Captain speaking please return all seats and tray tables to their upright positions and assume emergency positions. We here at UltraJet airlines would like to thank you for flying with us and lets all pray that we dont keep flying once the plane touches down. And dont worry we're doing the lords work.
Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:58 pm

"Rrriiight... Note to self, never ride in a plane flown by someone crazier or more religious than you, and that goes double if they are both crazier AND more religious!" Sel says to herself as she continues to work.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:53 am

((rolls carried))

Taking Max as his word, Ecks prepares for an emergency landing. He finds a seat and lashes himself in to whatever restraints are handy.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:37 pm

(rolls held over)

Hearing Max's announcement, Brianna makes sure that she is sitting in a seat and fastens whatever seat belt or restraints that are available on the plane. Taking a deep breath, Brianna does her best to remain calm. 'Please do a good job.' Brianna thinks to herself quietly. 'Hopefully the plane will still be in one piece once this is done.'
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Captain Marks » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:51 am

Local Conditions wrote:Cairo
  • Location: Cairo, Egypt
  • Population: 20 million
  • Time: 1127 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: Nearby
  • Weather: 20F, heavy cloud, stormy
  • Visibility: Poor
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Increased x 4



Working to identify the various controls Max quickly calls to Sel,"I know your magic linking to the ship. Hows the engine handling the strain. I don't know whats normal for it. I would hope we can get some more power out of it." He looks at her and smiles a coy smile for a moment. He sees the ground as they clear the clouds. Too low He hears the metal catastrophe. "Sel. I think we need to drop that container or gain some altitude. Or we can go down with it. I like living, lets live honey.'

Brianna follows Victors guidance to the first aid kit, as she doesn't waste any time in grabbing it and bringing it over to Quinn, in case she can use any of the contents inside.
Ecks discounts Brianna as the cause of the mind storm while inquiring where the source is to which Brianna replies that her pair of weapons were speaking to her as well, “It all begins to end'! While shrugging Brianna indicates that it didn’t sound good either as her attention is brought to the cascading fireworks outside, so enraptured by it she doesn’t notice anything else.


Quinn Swallows her unease at the vessels tossing and turning as she receives a medical kit from below the liquor cart storage, where plenty of tiny bottles and cleaning supplies also reside. Feeling the jet come under control as Max and Sel adequately if not skillfully bring enough calm that Quinn can act on the injured. Wishing to grab some liquor bottles like a teenager finding the open bar in a hotel room she regretfully helps checking the waiter’s head wound, eyes for concussion, and wakefulness which all check out she thinks. All the while questioning the safety of their predicament and that they should land lest the world go unsaved she finally finishes by wrapping his head rather tightly with gauze. As she finally gets a bottle in her fist when the cabin emergency lights go on with a chiming alarm that clearly indicates obvious danger.

Ecks finds himself naturally agreeing with Quinn on the proper plan to land safely and with Brianna’s concern over her blades words while asking,”Does anyone else see that dark band?” Before quickly making his way to the front compartment leaning over two passed out pilots on the floor. Ecks braces himself along seats and doors ways towards the cockpit ensuring that any random pitching doesn’t send him tumbling. Upon arriving he asks Max and Sel, “Sounds like we aren't doing well. Think we ought to put down?" Looking ahead Ecks can see what Sel, Victor, and Max all see, though Sel is flushed white from the stress of peaking up at the open expanse and then down as if taking it in small doses.


Victor tries to understand what he is seeing while at the same time directing both of his suits shoulder cameras to record the events outside the port windows as he pontificates that the effect outside may be due to the likes of vids he has seen. Bleeping through computational lists and object-oriented menus specifically designed for dumb robot jocks Victor configures his onboard NG-X67 which identifies the likely cause of the firestorm as Victor asks,"Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up."

Interrupted by the aircraft continuing to buck and shudder Victor turns his head towards the cockpit and asks over the AAPS radio channel, "Are we flying still? Or have we officially moved to crashing?", he asks jokingly.

Brianna shakes her head at Ecks answering his question about the swords and landing,”They're not really saying anything else now. All I can hear now is static like on a television. I'll try to keep communicating with them.” Brianna thinks to her weapons, 'C'mon, guys, don't fail me now! What's happening? Why are you so scared?' However silence is her unfortunate reward with the occasional expression from the blades almost as if struggling.

Ecks shifts his eyes to Brianna for a moment and asks, "Bri, you got any ideas? Cuz I don't think it is any coincidence that our flight crew here went down at the same time that thing showed up." Brianna shrugging answers, ”I have no idea what is going on. My best guess would be that whatever is causing all the problems with my mind storms is trying to stop us from thwarting their plans."

Recovering her senses as she’s jolted back into her seat mid free-fall institutionally her eyes scan he multi-function displays and monitors containing feeds from cameras mounted on the outside, she notices that the cargo container she had liberated to get them on the tarmac was attached to the bottom of the UltraJet. "I hope nobody left anything important in that cargo container we took a ride in because I have to jettison it!" Sel hollers over her shoulder as she disengages the magnetic clamps that had held it in place. Even as she flicks the switches to accomplish the task she can hear the vessel’s intelligence for some reason pleads in her skull,”Nooooooo…” As it goes silent in a sigh. Clearly it too has suffered catastrophically under the mindstorm just as as much as the now sleeping pilots next to her.

Sel calls out,"I've already dynamically evacuated. Oh wait, you mean from the aircraft..." she says embarrassingly as a wet spot forms around her thighs. "It's not my magic that is linking my mind to the UltraJet but a psychic link, kind of like how some people can get psychic impressions from objects, but much more comprehensive but restricted to machines only. I can also telepathically communicate with any AI that are present." she explains to the cast as she psychically checks the engines. Metrics come up as Sel considers what she can do to help the situation now.
Touching the UltraJet again, Sel refocuses on her mental bond with it and mentally blocks out the the screaming AI (Mind Block Auto-Defense) and begins looking at how the AI is connected to the UltraJet's flight controls as well as other computer systems. However as she delves into the system skillfully identifying various attributes that make of the Jet’s apparently intelligence she finds herself being pulled up against a psychic whirlpool trying to pull her in, (Machine Ghost) but thankfully her Mind Block Auto-Defense is countering it, though it seems that without letting it happen Sel cannot learn or execute any more of her plan.
In the end she realizes that under the current conditions it is a gamble to abandon her conscious mind to explore this frontier, let alone what she might find within. Then again, nothing good comes without a price, whispers the devil on her other shoulder.

Mink, for her part, springs to jump into her power armor as the others scramble to save their lives and the lives of their hosts. "If they don't we're screwed. But I have faith." Any further replies and banter are lost on her as her power armor seals and diagnostics flash in her visor. As her audio and visual feeds come online, she notices Quinn hiding away a bottle of clear liquor as she hears Ecks, Victor, and Bri talking. Mink gets to a window and braces herself while getting a good look outside. She captures several pictures while wracking her mind for any clue. Quipping to Selenidaria the agent Minks calls out that nothing of great import was lost. Recovering her backpack Mink straps herself in ready for rapid free fall if the vessel disintegrates.

Wisely many in AAPS are bracing themselves for a rough landing as Victor wedges in and locks the PA’s joints, "Ok, ready for landing....Max, Sel, make it interesting will ya'?", he quips over the group frequency.

Seeming a bit flustered at the mercenary’s dark humor Selenidaria decries the entire notion of greater powers governing their lives with a huff over the radio. For her the issue of wide open expanses was quickly coming to a close as the ground began to approach at a disconcerting rate if not a smooth one.


Madness grips Max as he smiles yet still reassuringly tells his immediate companions that he’s got this, putting a hand across and on Sels knee and and purrs at her and crew an exultation at living a good life. Working on his emergency landings procedure, even piloting an alien design with an AI that was formerly wrecking all of his delicate maneuvering he keys his mike saying,”This is your Captain speaking please return all seats and tray tables to their upright positions and assume emergency positions. We here at UltraJet airlines would like to thank you for flying with us and lets all pray that we dont keep flying once the plane touches down. And don’t worry we're doing the lords work.”
------------------

The ground for many of AAPS rapidly approaches as Max and Selindaria work their magic, much less the leyline induced kind and more incredible skill and mental acumen in equal shares. It was a verdant field of lush grasses, quite different from the imagined desert that a place as Cairo would have been expected to harbor. The world below seems to not to want the vessel to land as it almost seems to swell, ripple, and pull away like a belly poked with a sharp edge as dark twisting shapes that might be trees contort below. Out the portholes and through the front canopy of the cockpit the ground seems to bow and wave in time as the Ultrajet approaches even as the storm ahead appears to be parting in turn. Where incredible weapons seemed incapable of penetrating that fog of roiling black storms a rent is made as red lightning ripples between the separating points as if a furious seamstress were trying to mend the space between.

Max’s incredible skill sees the Ultrajet only buffeting the ground and the deployed landing gear quite possibly still usable as the craft settles amid the earth. Max and Selindaria immediately notice that as they approach the ground a pattering of matter is bouncing off the canopy like black wet-ash that puffs into unimaginable nothing at contact obscuring the vision outside. Yet looking out of the portholes and canopy glass there appears to be people lined up exulting AAPS arrival.

Preparing to depart the entire crew of the Ultrajet including Lettow their hostess are unconscious.
User avatar
Captain Marks
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 am
Location: lwhiting01

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 24

Mink gets to her feet and attaches her backpack to the connectors on the front of her armor. She then tries to reattach the remains of her cloak and ends up giving it up as lost. "I need a new cloak it seems. Between Madhaven and our time here it's pretty well hosed. So how is it looking? Dr. Quinn, you might want to check on our hosts again now." She gets up and helps get folks ready to disembark. "How's it looking out there, and how did the jet do on the landing? Will it fly again?"
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:39 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 89

Once the aircraft is grounded and stops moving, Victor falls back on his military training as he moves to a door that is as far away from the those not in environmental armor as possible. "Establishing a perimeter.", he announces as he opens the hatch, steps through and seals it again as quickly possible. Once outside, Victor scans the terrain in front of him, rifle in hand now, making sure there are no hostiles. He lets the suits computer scan the faces in the crowd of people, feeling pretty sure they won't I.D. anyone since they are in the past after all. Making an effort to not menace the crowd with his weapon, Victor attempts some crowd control. "Ok folks, please stay back. We are AAPS Security, here on official business. Please stay back.", he states over his armors loudspeaker set at a reasonable volume...ie- not deafening. Throughout this, he keeps the suit recording from all 8 of its cameras. Over the AAPS frequency, "We have a welcoming party out here if anyone is interested.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 46

1d10 = 5

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 68/68 (x4)

Brianna sighs in relief when the aircraft lands and everyone appears to be safe. To be cautious, Brianna asks, “Is everyone ok? Was anyone hurt?”

Over the AAPS frequency, "We have a welcoming party out here if anyone is interested.".


A confused look comes over Brianna's face and she replies . “Welcoming party? Were we supposed to meet people here?” Brianna looks over at Ecks for confirmation. ”I don't remember that we were supposed to meet anyone here.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:56 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 88

Brianna's curiosity regarding the welcome wagon is shared by Ecks. "Noooo, not that I was expecting. Looks like Vic's on top of it. I'm heading out to get an assessment, if you want to come along, Bri. I can't believe regular folk are out in this storm. It goes without saying we should all be watchful." the operator says, making his way to the exit resting a hand on the grip of his NG-45.

He leaves the jet and joins Victor. "Do you know what all this is about?" Though he doesn't have a translator, he speaks to them anyhow. "What's the situation here?! It looks like the world is coming apart?!" he yells over the storm. "Were you expecting us?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 26 Perception 34%
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 93


Are we on the ground? Yes? Max lets out a howl "Hallelujah!" He turns to Sel and attempts to kiss her. "I told you not to worry Red, You were fantastic. Couldn't have done it with out you. Lets celebrate." Max bounces out of the cockpit to the cabin looking for some celebratory alcohol. Maybe one of those mob people outside is holding? " Hey Doc, is there any whiskey left?"

Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Quinn » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 35
Conditions: none

Quinn cries a sigh of relief when the Ultrajet comes to a stop. She gathers her belongings before standing. Surveying the area, she looks to see if the aircraft is still at least in working order. Once she sees that the Ultrajet is indeed in one piece, when will then proceed to look for anyone in need of medical assistance.

Mink wrote:"I need a new cloak it seems. Between Madhaven and our time here it's pretty well hosed. So how is it looking? Dr. Quinn, you might want to check on our hosts again now."


"Oh, we have some casualties? Looks like it's time to get to work. Did you sustain any injuries, other than your cloak? If you don't need my help, I will go and see if anyone else needs it." If Mink doesn't need any medical need, she will look around for the closest person in need.

Maximillian wrote:" Hey Doc, is there any whiskey left?"


Quinn turns and sees Max. Her expressions showing both a mix of excitement and disappointment. Oh thought all these religious types frowned upon drinking.
He sure is different than the others I have meet. Maybe I should get to know him a little better.
"I am not too sure about actual whiskey but I do have something that's clear. I was going to save it for later but I do prefer to drink with someone, other than myself. A landing like dose deserves a shot." Quinn takes her newly found bottle and take a quick shot before she hands it to Max. Giving him a nod as he takes it. Once Max hands the bottle back to Quinn, she will take another drink of the bottle. "I take it you don't need any treatment, so I guess it's back to work with our hosts."

Skill Rolls
Paramedic 53% / 1d100 = 50 - to help anyone who needs assistance
Medical Doctor 73%/63% / 1d100 = 85 - to determine if a tone need any medical needs
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78 (34%, 49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 52/1d20 = 16


Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Are we on the ground? Yes? Max lets out a howl "Hallelujah!" He turns to Sel and attempts to kiss her. "I told you not to worry Red, You were fantastic. Couldn't have done it with out you. Lets celebrate." Max bounces out of the cockpit to the cabin looking for some celebratory alcohol. Maybe one of those mob people outside is holding? " Hey Doc, is there any whiskey left?"


Relief flooded through Selenidaria's mind as her body relaxed once the UltraJet came to a full and complete stop. She looked over at the mutant cat during his jubilant celebration, accepting the kiss on her cheek. At the mention of celebrating, Sel raises a hand and says "Hold on there, Liono. Just because we successfully landed doesn't mean we don't still have a goddess to save because if we don't the universe ceases to exist!" Heading back out into the main cabin of the UltraJet, she asks Max "Hey, would you mind giving me a hand getting back into my power armor?" If she has no help, it takes 1d4+4 = 6 minutes to get back into Jonathan, her Blue Boy power armor, less time if she has help from Max and anyone else willing to give a helping hand. Once fully suited up, she picks up her borrowed CV-212 Laser rifle with scope, slaps one of the four long e-clips she has in it, and tests the sights to ensure that they haven't been knocked askew with the turbulence that the aircraft had suffered. Once she's satisfied that there was nothing obviously wrong with her sight, she sets in down to shoulder on her pack she brought with her, then fits the sword belt back around the power armor's waist. Finally, she picks the laser rifle back up and rest the stock against her shoulder but keeps the barrel pointed low as she exits the UltraJet, keeping the polarized visor raised about 2/3 of the way up to obscure her vision of the sky that she doesn't need to see.. I wonder if these people are happy that someone is here to help, or if they simply think that the owners of the UltraJet, specifically, are here to save them. Sel mused as she scanned the throngs of screaming people. Standing next to Ecks, Sel said to him over the group radio frequency "Where to next, sir?"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Mink » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:17 pm

(Rolls held)

Quinn wrote:"Oh, we have some casualties? Looks like it's time to get to work. Did you sustain any injuries, other than your cloak? If you don't need my help, I will go and see if anyone else needs it."

Mink chuckles. "No I don't need any help. Just worried about our hosts - they shouldn't be out this long. It's unusual." She then goes about helping folks up, securing the jet, gathering gear, etc.

Victor Singer wrote:"Ok folks, please stay back. We are AAPS Security, here on official business. Please stay back.", he states over his armors loudspeaker set at a reasonable volume...ie- not deafening. Throughout this, he keeps the suit recording from all 8 of its cameras. Over the AAPS frequency, "We have a welcoming party out here if anyone is interested.".
Brianna Clarke wrote:“Welcoming party? Were we supposed to meet people here? I don't remember that we were supposed to meet anyone here.”
Ecks wrote:"Noooo, not that I was expecting. Looks like Vic's on top of it. I'm heading out to get an assessment, if you want to come along, Bri. I can't believe regular folk are out in this storm. It goes without saying we should all be watchful."

"It's reasonable to assume that either adherents of the Lady or her Rival are quite aware of us if what the Knights and the Collegiate say are true. Which is out there is anyone's guess. I'm going to expedite our exfil and then see if I can get to either high ground or a flanking position." 'So who needs help to get ready? Doc? Max?'

Selenidaria wrote:"Hey, would you mind giving me a hand getting back into my power armor?"

'Ah, our agoraphobe. Makes sense.' "I got you." Mink helps her suit up.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:03 am

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:He leaves the jet and joins Victor. "Do you know what all this is about?".


Victor glances Ecks' way for a moment, "Are you asking about the crowd here, or the big ass doom cloud?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Captain Marks » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 am

Local Conditions wrote:
Cairo


  • Location: Cairo, Egypt
  • Population: 20 million
  • Time: 1130 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
  • Ley Line Activity: Nearby
  • Weather: 20F, heavy cloud, stormy
  • Visibility: Poor
  • I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Increased x 4

                                                               

 

Spending her initial time preparing folks to disembark and asking for a status of the surrounding climate Mink lets her tattered cloak fall away like a retired mechanics rag to the floor. On the heels of her question Victor pipes up that he is exiting as he disappears to the rear side door. Opening the hatch enveloping dust sticks to him as if ferrous iron on a magnetic plate. Wiping his visor instinctually it seems to evaporate at the merest brush of his armored hand before more clings behind it. His computer comes back negative on face, after face with about as much accuracy as if he were scanning brush as he brushes his faceplate again with more permanence as the dust seems to have lost its clinging nature, floating past him in clumps like night snow.

Scanning for threats Victor realizes that nobody is moving more than a strange warping sway as if fronds of grass in the wind as he keys the radio to tell AAPS about their welcome party before pausing midway,"We have a welcoming party out…here…”

Brianna concernedly checks if anyone was hurt in the landing, though perhaps unnecessarily given Max and Sel’s excellent grounding of the erratic ship, but she can see the only ones seemingly hurt are all aboard the jet except her own allies as she askes Ecks if they were expecting to meet anyone here.  


Brianna's curiosity regarding the welcome wagon is shared by Ecks as he informs her that he is exiting to check on the situation alongside Victor while warning that they should all be careful ahead, not that Brianna shimmering behind her forcefield needed to be told. Accentuating his point by readying his sidearm Ecks heads for the back of the Jet. Preparing to greet the people, Ecks is met with the same confusing sight met that forestalled Victor before. 

 Uncertainty taints Max’s perception as he wonders in shock if they had landed without dying just before it sinks in. Cheering the feline bounces out of his seat like a happy tennis ball off a racket on a good day. Inquires hoping someone, anyone has a swig of fermented juice on hand to celebrate with him. 

The sky being no place for man or women to plummet into the ground from, Quinn collects herself with the release of a few relieved tears and a gasping sigh. Quickly gathering her belonging, but not before providing medical attention where needed and giving Mink sass for distracting her efforts over a dismembered rag. Answering Max they spend time having an impromptu set of shots, each drink that Quinn takes like the flames of a jet down her throat.

Like Quinn the elf Selenidaria’s relief pours from her as she sinks back in her seat as Max bouncing around gives her a fuzzy kiss on the cheek before hightailing as only felines can. Thankfully others are listening closer than Max as Mink provides assistance to Sel to armor up.

Outside Victor and Ecks looking at what appears to be people in the tens, hundreds, certainly thousands as they each confusedly take in the sight of them standing amid undisturbed knee high grass, faces upward to the sky with hands exulting deliverance toward the spiraling storm. Walking around them each man and woman, or child of various age wears a rictus visage of joy and bliss burned out into a mask of charcoal lined with ash.

Viewing this seemingly unknowable horror Victor and Ecks watch as the frozen bodies begin to crumble as if snow melting rapidly. Exiting the jet Brianna joins the two as she notices as well what her companions are looking at, but as she approaches the forms disintegrate where ever she moves, yards at a time their existence evaporating. The leavings of their forms puffing into strange floating clumps of ash toward the massive storm to seemingly add their blackness to its winding barrier. Between Brianna's shoulderblades a sense of urgency seems to push her to enter the open rift in the storm bridging a path, where wisps of the storm sometimes crossing make strands as if spurts of pressure. The urgency feeling as if time rests on her alone. 

 

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Captain Marks
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:57 am
Location: lwhiting01

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 64 Perception 34%
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 7


Max feels elated at the thought of another successful landing. He has had worse. He bounces like a happy tom cat back to the cabin and grabs a shot from Quinn."To any landing you can walk away from." He takes the shot and makes a face between a grimace and a smile. He grabs the doc and hugs her. "Thanks Doc. I needed that." He quickly pulls his flask out and pours some booze into it and puts it back. dont know whats out there, might need more of this later.

Max stands up straight and regains his composure. Okay game face. Here to save the day He slowly steps to the door and looks out at the welcoming committee.
He stands in stunned horror at the sight. His feeling of joy from just a second ago melts away as he sees the surreal scene. He kneels and crosses himself and begins to talk quietly" Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen."


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 7/1d20 = 12

Sel is momentarily stunned taking in the scene before her thinking What in the holy gods!? before she lifts her borrowed rifle and looks through the thermal scope to see if it's still there. She then lifts a hand and casts Detect Magic through her visor to see if what is happening a magical phenomenon, following that up with See The Invisible (-8 PPE total) and calling out to the rest of the group on the radio "If anyone has optics to see UV light or IR, now would be the time to cycle through them." Sel will then describe what exactly she saw through her scope and what she detects through her spells before casting Blinding Flash (-1 PPE) in front of a group of people to see if they even react. After all of that, Sel will approach someone cautiously who seems the least dangerous to her with her rifle in the ready down position and carefully try to touch them. After that she will converse with Mink over the radio on her observations and magical theories. (Lore: Magic (General) 1d100 = 4/52%)
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 89% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 61

As he watches people seemingly die by scores upon scores Victor stumbles back. He's seen people die before, it happens on a day to day basis back in his time, he's even seen people literally ripped limb from limb. It's nothing pretty to be sure. But to see people die on such a scale...his mind is having trouble processing it. The fact that these people aren't soldiers doesn't help, making matters worse is seeing children die in such a fashion. "What the fuck?", he murmurs aloud, "Ecks, Bri, what the fuck is going on here? What...what happened to these people? How do we stop something that can do...this?!", he asks his team mates as he motions at the clouds and piles of ash that used to be human beings. Victor is getting more then a little agitated, even nervous, at this point.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 91
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 33
Perception: 34%

Max is quietly praying. Quietly loosing it. He hears a voice on the radio that brings him closer to reality
Sel radioed
"If anyone has optics to see UV light or IR, now would be the time to cycle through them."

This is a trick. Too trippy. Bad trip, but a trip.
He takes a deep breath and concentrates on what his senses tell him.
He continues to pray. His will be done.
save vs magic +21d20 = 4
save vs mind control +21d20 = 13




Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Perception: 1d100/85%
JIC: 1d20/1d100

The people disintegrating into ash immediately sets off a host of alarms inside his head. Ecks hears Selenedaria's advice on alternate imaging. He cycles through IR and Thermal, but does not have UV in his integrated MOH.

In response to Victor's question as to what could do this, Ecks doesn't have much positive to say. "Give us a minute or two. I bet we'll find out more than we want to know."

Over the radio he asks; "Does have a radiation detector?! I don't know what exactly this is, but I don't want any mistakes. Brianna, got anything for us?"

Ecks hears Max uttering a prayer. He looks up to the storm overhead. All he know is he doesn't want to stand here for long.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 91

1d10 = 3

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 68/68 (x4)

Exiting the jet Brianna joins the two as she notices as well what her companions are looking at, but as she approaches the forms disintegrate where ever she moves, yards at a time their existence evaporating. The leavings of their forms puffing into strange floating clumps of ash toward the massive storm to seemingly add their blackness to its winding barrier. Between Brianna's shoulder blades a sense of urgency seems to push her to enter the open rift in the storm bridging a path, where wisps of the storm sometimes crossing make strands as if spurts of pressure. The urgency feeling as if time rests on her alone.


Brianna's eyes widen in shock when she approaches the disintegrating wherever she moves. 'What in the hell?' Brianna wonders to herself. Shaking her head, it's clear that Brianna is upset as she answers Victor and Ecks. ”I don't know what is causing this.” A part of her can't help but notice it seems to be happening wherever she is going, but she can't tell for sure if it's because of her or some other outside force.

Staring at the rift in the storm, Brianna looks back at the rest of the team and then back at the storm. Feeling the urgency of the matter, Brianna takes a deep breath and makes a decision. Brianna says to Ecks, ”I have to go in there.” Anticipating objections, Brianna raises her hand to silence them and says, “I have to. I'm the cause of all this chaos, so I have to be the one to fix it.” A small smile appears on her face as she ends with, ”Wish me luck.” Without waiting for a reply, Brianna sprints toward the storm and enters the open rift, hoping that doing so won't mean her instant death.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Brianna Clarke wrote:Staring at the rift in the storm, Brianna looks back at the rest of the team and then back at the storm. Feeling the urgency of the matter, Brianna takes a deep breath and makes a decision. Brianna says to Ecks, ”I have to go in there.” Anticipating objections, Brianna raises her hand to silence them and says, “I have to. I'm the cause of all this chaos, so I have to be the one to fix it.” A small smile appears on her face as she ends with, ”Wish me luck.” Without waiting for a reply, Brianna sprints toward the storm and enters the open rift, hoping that doing so won't mean her instant death.


"You may need to go in there, but that doesn't mean you have to go alone. I'm coming with you to help make sure you come back out of there, where ever that may be." Selenidaria solemnly tells Bri and follows her into the open tear in the fabric of reality, forcing herself to move before allowing herself to think it through.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: BACK IN TIME

Postby Ecks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:36 am

((rolls carried))

Brianna says to Ecks, ”I have to go in there.” Anticipating objections, Brianna raises her hand to silence them and says, “I have to. I'm the cause of all this chaos, so I have to be the one to fix it.” A small smile appears on her face as she ends with, ”Wish me luck.” Without waiting for a reply, Brianna sprints toward the storm and enters the open rift, hoping that doing so won't mean her instant death.


Sel speaks up immediately, backing Brianna up. Ecks nods as well, remembering Peta. He wasn't simply going to leave Brianna to walk into the unknown alone.

"Even if you are tied to the cause, I'm can't just let you go it alone. I mean look at it. It's a heavy metal album cover and you don't even have a dragon to ride."

He may only have known Brianna for a few months but it felt like years to him. She was a good friend and chief among his confidants ever since Beanpole had left.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron