Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:56 pm

Environmental Conditions wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt (Arc: BACK IN TIME)
Current Location: Unknown, Other-Plane through Rift
Population: Unknown
Time: 1145 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
Ley Line Activity: One Ley Line runs the course of the crater
Weather: 95*F (Heat Spike; climbing)
Visibility: Poor
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Increased x6


Play this as you write your post.

AAPS Into the Rift

Thankfully, the ashen bodies stampeding down do not seem to actually care about the group at the moment and they are able to link up at the crest of the crater before venturing further in. The crater itself appearing as a wound on the land and while there are trees and luscious brushes. The skies seem twisted and warped, the black and purple sun still barreling over them like a tainted eye. The overarching tone of the place is undeniable; its tone is of the damned.

The environment is changing drastically once through the rift and the group is hit with an intense heat wave as the temperature begins to skyrocket. Though no one is sure what to make of this scenario, the only clear path seems to be forward; this is essentially what they signed up for. There is a visible Ley Line that runs the course of the crater. Victor is able to track the heat climb and through his sensors can pick up several cold spots within the crater itself; chillingly cold. Where the ground seems to radiate heat harsher than some of the worst deserts, these cold spots ping as near sub-zero and stand as beacons in his sensors against the otherwise incredibly hot environment.

Following the Ashen Bodies stampeding down, the crew takes no more than a few dozen steps into the crater before Brianna feels the pull from her dagger, Mesi's telepathy. We’re here. Comes a quick response from the dagger; she doesn’t understand at first. Maia is silent in the new realm, though a sense of discomfort emanates from the sword. Then Brianna feels the familiar sensation of a splitting headache, preceding a Mind Storm before being flooded with a waterfall of new information, her body trembling as the group is in a dead spot of the Ashen Bodies. All but Quinn and Victor experience the white flash of the mind storm, and Quinn and Victor watch their companions collapse under the effects.

The latent psychic gets flooded with information, and it comes in so fast it is difficult to take in any sense of it as her mind splits and Maia in turn seems to shriek inside of Brianna's mind. Everyone suffering the mindstorm sees flashes of a hooded woman, a valley of death and ring of fire before the vision is engulfed in flames. A woman’s screams can be heard as another woman’s laugh echoes through their heads. The image of angelic wings flapping to an ominous howl before seemingly being shredded flashes by before an eruption of fire spills over the vision.

Brianna specifically can immediately get the sense of a dark presence within 3,000 feet, a powerful one. The realm here is twisted and not of Earth at any time; the rift must have taken them elsewhere. A demonic plane, perhaps the very plane trying to spill over; this might be it.

Those under the effects of the mindstorm recover in a couple of minutes; though it felt as though it were several. Something about the image of the hooded woman is off-putting to Brianna and she feels, no, she knows that the woman is close but also that the woman is not alone. The dark presence Brianna felt is as potent as a demonic king or powerful being, Maia then speaks to her. We've come this far, just don't drop me. Not the worst mindstorm she, or they, have experienced recently, but definitely an ominous one.

Following the effects of the Mindstorm, Mink puts her intellect to use and is able to determine a couple of key things. This location is certainly a demonic or infernal plane, and the visions from the mindstorm suggest the hooded figure is the sorceress they are hunting. However it also implies the sorceress is not working alone but likely has a powerful infernal ally. Judging by the scene around the crater, without knowing more about what is going on inside of it or beyond it, it is difficult to make any other distinctions.

The way forward is covered by stampeding ashen bodies that seem endless, though not directly hostile and there is enough of a path using more difficult terrain to avoid them on the way down. The way back to the jet is seemingly lost to the storm.

What're your intentions?
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:44 am

Minor Update
Naliyah's entrance from Jackson's Warehouse; but pertinent to everyone.

Following the Mindstorm, as everyone is beginning to recover and make sense of their visions, Victor gets a sudden ping on his sensors and Quinn can spot the flash of light that appears a little further ahead of them within the crater. The flash appears to be about 100 m away according to Victor's instruments.

Immediately after the white flash, Quinn thinks she sees a pair of white-ish wings flailing among the stampeding bodies followed by an a hefty shake and eruption of earth near that location. Wings not unlike those encountered from the Spirits before they set out.

When the eruption clears, Quinn can easily spot what looks very much like an angel and a rigged up looking lioness standing in the wake of a few dozen of the bodies. Mink also immediately does recognize the Spirit of Light and can safely determine it as an ally, but doesn't see anything more than a strapped up Lioness in Naliyah.

A Timely Arrival

Naliyah and Alyssa arrive in a white flash from the Obelisk as the light fades only for Naliyah to immediately be forced to take cover as she is nearly toppled by the hundreds of stampeding ashen bodies. The feeling of sickly, vile evil pouring from them like an infection, not a morality.

Alyssa, still in her full battle armor from the encounter with the Labassu flares up and spirals her wings before slamming to the ground over Naliyah. Naliyah watches the ground erupt around her, sending the Ashen bodies flying back giving them a few moments reprieve before the stampede closes back in.

During the reprieve, Naliyah spots a group of oddly assorted individuals in a small dead zone of the stampede before hearing Alyssa say, "That's them, AA Professional Services. Seems they haven't died yet, good, let's move."

Naliyah suddenly feels an overbearing presence of evil increase the pressure on her as the entire group hears a low rumbling off in the distance followed by an overpowering, yet soft and ominous voice speaking as if projected for the whole world to hear.

“Ah, we have visitors.” The voice has no discernible direction and seems to be a male voice. Behind the voice, the twisted cackle of a woman can be heard. The cackle resonates with Brianna, something familiar, the Sorceress perhaps. Brianna feels a pull towards the other side of the crater.

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/45%
JIC (100) 1d100 = 100
JIC (20): 1d20 = 6




Underguard wrote:A Timely Arrival

Naliyah and Alyssa arrive in a white flash from the Obelisk as the light fades only for Naliyah to immediately be forced to take cover as she is nearly toppled by the hundreds of stampeding ashen bodies. The feeling of sickly, vile evil pouring from them like an infection, not a morality.

Alyssa, still in her full battle armor from the encounter with the Labassu flares up and spirals her wings before slamming to the ground over Naliyah. Naliyah watches the ground erupt around her, sending the Ashen bodies flying back giving them a few moments reprieve before the stampede closes back in.


Impressed, the Shing thinks, now that's a useful skill to have! before getting her bearings.

Underguard wrote:During the reprieve, Naliyah spots a group of oddly assorted individuals in a small dead zone of the stampede before hearing Alyssa say, "That's them, AA Professional Services. Seems they haven't died yet, good, let's move."

Naliyah hears a low rumbling off in the distance followed by an overpowering, yet soft and ominous voice speaking as if projected for the whole world to hear.

“Ah, we have visitors.” The voice has no discernible direction and seems to be a male voice. Behind the voice, the twisted cackle of a woman can be heard.


"Shall we?" says the lioness to Alyssa, before activating her Force Field and immediately erupting into a full speed run toward the AAPS group.

I do hope they know we're 'friendlies'... she thinks suddenly as she moves quickly to avoid encountering any of the Ashen Bodies.

Upon arrival (2 actions for Naliyah) assuming they aren't cut down on the way there, Naliyah will let Alyssa take the lead as she keeps her eyes and senses open for approaching enemies.

If Gabriel recruited them, they've probably seen angels before... she reasons.

Contingency: if Naliyah is attacked on the way to AAPS, she will bob & weave, dodging her way past any attacks on her way to the group.

Auto-Dodge Rolls:
1d20+13 = 19
1d20+13 = 31
1d20+13 = 29
1d20+13 = 19
1d20+13 = 25
1d20+13 = 22
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 79/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 40

Radio Basic: 1d100 = 17/108%

Finally, this whole event seems to be leading somewhere. Waiting is sometimes worse than the fight that follows. This overwhelming evil is soul crushing however. Then Ecks spots the arrival of the angelic being carrying... a lion? "Heads up everyone! We have visitors. Let's hope they're friendly."

Ecks switches his NG-45 to his right hand and pulls Mantooth. He laughs to himself thinking, I'm likely just going to make something angry, but if it's going to kill us, at least I'll get to bite before I go." he looks at the hooded figure at the center of the crater with trepidation.

"Victor, what you got on the inbound? I don't... think they are hostile" he radios to the tin man. "Bri, we've got incoming but I've got a feeling they're with us. What's going on with the hooded woman?" he asks, studying her face intently. "Whatever you decide to do, I'll back you up."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 40/1d20 = 4
Constant Effect: Mind Block Auto-Defense

Pain sears through Selenidaria's mind as the Mind Storm rages through her. She tries her best to keep up with the new images provided this time. "Sel here. I seem to be fine. Well that was certainly new, do you think it means we're getting closer to our goal?" On shaky legs, Sel stands back up as Mink says that the sorceress is not likely working alone, to which Sel replies with "Do you think that she's working with whoever that rat thing worked for?"

Taking note of the temperature gauges on her HUD for the exterior temperature, she brings her rifle up to her shoulder to look through the scope to see if it can provide any additional information and finds that there are numerous cold spots littered throughout the crater, Sel says to the group "Do we have not protected by environmental systems, either by environmentally sealed body armor or power armor? Because the temperature seems to be rising fast, although I am finding numerous anomolous cold spots which could provide safe haven if needed. Also, if for whatever reason the air turns toxic, I can cast a spell on you guys to allow you to breathe without the need for air for a time."

When the male voice speaks from no where, Sel looks around wildly for the source while asking "Ok guys, tell me you heard that!"
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 6 perception 34%
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 31

My head hurts Max cant see crap in the storm. Hes running to save his life and almost runs into the rest of the group before he sees them. The edge of the crater is place out of psychedelic trip gone wrong. ley lines, I hate ley lines His head already hurts before the the mind storm.
Flashes of white and pain, Max falls to his knees. His vision blurs to nothing. He cusses out loud in futility.
The storm subsides and he starts to recover a bit. He doesn't stand yet. He lays down and tries to regain his composure. "Well Lord. I could use a little bit of help here." He sits up and stretches his aching body. Slowly he stands up and looks around. He sees what looks like and angel with a really big cat.
He looks up "Okay, that will do. Amen."


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:21 am

Mini-Update

Ecks, Sel and Max recover from the disorientation of the Mindstorm just a tad faster than the rest, rising to their feet. Selenidaria for her part notices that, where a mindstorm wouldn't normally affect her, wherever they are, her innate defenses don't hold up nearly as well here. Only Sel seems immediately concerned about the thundering voice, and doesn't immediately notice the rushing lioness and angel until they arrive.

Ecks is the first to notice the now charging lioness and angel that are approaching quickly; the lioness using the rough terrain to avoid the ashen bodies who still do not seem to really care that the group is around them, still running towards whatever they are running towards. As Ecks looks on, where he thought he saw the Hooded woman in the crater from the mindstorm, but the dark environment, the twisted starlight and ashen bodies make determining where she could've been exactly impossible at the moment.

Max feels as though his prayers were answered, and when the angel arrives and addresses the troop, he finds his instinct to be correct as his innate senses trigger in the presence of both the lioness and the Angel. Both seem to emanate a great deal of magical and psychic prowess, in some combination.

Within just a couple seconds, the lioness and the Angel who flew behind her arrive infront of Ecks, Sel and Max while the others regain their composure. The angel addresses Ecks directly.

"Good Ecks and the honorable AA Professional Services, I come on behalf of Gabriel. It pleases me greatly to find your party remains alive and intact." She states with a warm smile. "I am an Ariel, you may call me Alyssa. This here, is Naliyah, a Shing of the Pride Worlds. Gabriel highly recommended she accompany you; she has proven both eager and helpful." Alyssa informs Ecks, waving her hand in Naliyah's direction.

There is a sudden thundering somewhere deep within the crater and Alyssa looks on then back to Ecks, her wings remaining flourished and her large greatsword still at the ready. "We don't seem to have much time. What do we know about this area?"

Max and Naliyah both feel the immediate area around the Ariel seems to be protective in some fashion, perhaps by an aura or the like.
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 64/45%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 95
JIC (20): 1d20 = 4

Skill Roll: Intelligence (determine the general situation in the area, and any strategic advantages or disadvantages of the terrain and situation) --> 1d100 = 75/75%




Underguard wrote:"Good Ecks and the honorable AA Professional Services, I come on behalf of Gabriel. It pleases me greatly to find your party remains alive and intact." She states with a warm smile. "I am an Ariel, you may call me Alyssa. This here, is Naliyah, a Shing of the Pride Worlds. Gabriel highly recommended she accompany you; she has proven both eager and helpful." Alyssa informs Ecks, waving her hand in Naliyah's direction.


Naliyah arrives with Alyssa.

Whew, good thing they didn't see us as threats!

She greets the group amiably while looking around.

Humanoids, which is to be expected, I suppose... she thinks as she quickly scans the group, but lingers a moment when she gets to Maximillian - the battle cat.

Interesting... she thinks, having never seen one before, and nods in his direction, a general recognition as one feline to another.

"Greetings, I am a Shing Dimensional Lion from the Pride Worlds. We are here to assist, at Gabriel's request," she says to the group politely with a quick smile, nodding at Alyssa's words.

Underguard wrote:There is a sudden thundering somewhere deep within the crater and Alyssa looks on then back to Ecks, her wings remaining flourished and her large greatsword still at the ready. "We don't seem to have much time. What do we know about this area?"


Naliyah nods and focuses on Ecks. This must be the leader, this 'Ecks' person.

While gauging the group and Ecks' response to the danger, Naliyah takes her cue from Alyssa's question about knowing the area, using her skill (Intelligence) and casting Sense Dimensional Anomaly and Sense Temporal Anomaly (60 P.P.E. total, ranges and durations increased by 50%), and then sets herself on drawing P.P.E. from the Ley Line to replenish her stores and add as much as possible to them for the impending conflict she senses ahead.

Sense Temporal Anomaly
Range: Self.
Duration: Three minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
P.P.E.: Thirty
The spell caster can sense when the flow of time has been disturbed in a given area and can tell if someone did a Time Jump (backward or forward) or if any other Temporal Magic spell has been recently used and what it was. He can also sense any sort of dimensional Rift, teleportation, or time distortion and whether it is a natural occurring phenomenon or the result of magic. Temporal spells leave a very distinctive mark in the flow of time, and those that alter time create a "ripple" that lasts one hour for every 5 P.P.E. spent. So if a Temporal Warrior did a Fast Forward spell the ripple effect would last for fourteen hours (70 P.P.E.). This can give the spell caster a significant advantage when trying to determine when events took place and who might be responsible. The spell caster also gains the following abilities:
• Sense the opening and closing of Temporal Rifts. Note: These are very rare and an uncommon phenomenon. They only occur where the temporal/dimensional fabric is weakest, which is most likely at super nexus points or even magic triangles. Timing is also a key factor. Big events such as planetary alignments, winter and summer solstice, and lunar eclipses are the only known times they occur.
Range is 50 miles.
• Sense the use of Time Warp spells within a one mile radius.
• Sense Temporal Raiders within a 1,000 foot radius. Only knows if they are close or far and the general direction is vague.
• Can tell if he has traveled through time unknowingly and a general idea of how far he has traveled.
• Can determine the duration of a Time Barrier roll: If successful the caster knows exactly, if unsuccessful the caster is unsure until the duration is elapsed. 35% +5% per additional level of experience.


Sense Dimensional Anomaly
Range: Self.
Duration: Two minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
Limitations: Range limits.
P.P.E.: Thirty
This spell enables the wizard to feel ripples in the space-time continuum. He can often sense the general location of such anomalies.
Senses the following:
• The opening, closing and general location of dimensional Rifts
within a 50 mile area.
• The opening and closing of mystic portals, dimensional teleportation,
Ley Line Storms, and time holes within one mile.
• The opening, closing, and general location of dimensional envelopes
within 100 feet.
• The opening, closing and general location of dimensional pockets
within 10 feet.
• Sense when a space warp (teleportation), wink-out, or time warp is
occurring within a 100 foot radius.
• Sense the presence/essence of Astral beings, two and fourth dimensional
beings, entities and alien intelligences within a 100 foot radius. Cannot pinpoint their location.


Drawing from Ley Line
Naliyah can draw up to 10 P.P.E. per round (40 per minute), presuming standard Ley Line conditions. She will draw as much as she is able until the next GM post, so I will leave it to your discretion how much that is in the end. She can hold up to an extra 1455 P.P.E. (on top of her base) for up to 30 minutes before it dissipates
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:42 pm

(Rolls carried over)

The tall person clad in what initially looks like bulky body armor shrieks with a feminine voice and the barrel of the energy rifle she's holding jerks toward the lioness when it speaks before she lowers it and shoulders the weapon. Getting a better look at her, you notice that what she's wearing isn't a bulky body armor, but rather a slender power armor suit. Sel casts a doubtful look at the creature about just how much help it can provide the group. Beggers can't be choosers, after all she thinks to herself.

When Alyssa asks what they know of the area so far, Sel speaks up, saying "I have observed the temperature rising rapidly as well area, but there are pockets of much colder. My next step was to cast See the Invisible to check for unseen things, unless you would like to do that yourself..." Sel trailed off at the end of her sentence.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 74 Perception 34%
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 79

Max straightens himself. His head is making things difficult, but as he approaches it gets better. He smiles at the new Lion. Finally a girl to take home to momma
He holds his head high and extends his hand toward the angel.
"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. You arrived at the best time."
Max decides without thinking that he is going to stay close to their new companion. She feels good
As the thunder rolls hard across the area he is not afraid.


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 16
Conditions: none

Quinn is still stuck inside her mind wrestling with her own thoughts. Though, she still pays attention to the situation at hand. With a delayed reaction, she begins to shake her thoughts and start to interact with reality. Quinn is taking a drink, from her newly acquired bottle, when she notices a blinding flash. She nearly spits out her drink when she sees an angel and large cat. She takes another drink before she replaces in the side pocket of her back pack. Casually, she up holsters her pistol and leaves it at her side. Quinn then positions herself behind some of the other AAPS members but still leaving a clear line of sight of both the cat and angel.

Is that cat her pet? We need angelic assistance?! I think I've gotten myself into something good deep for me. Maybe if drink enough I'll just blackout and wake up back home. I don't think I have enough for that, though. If it's not a pet than what is it? I haven't seen anything like yet? New CS experiment? Wonder if it takes to cybernetics? Quinn starts to cycle through the different modes of her multi optic eye. Looking for anything out of the ordinary with either of the two newcomers.


Skill Rolls
Veterinary Science 50% / 1d100 = 14 - to deduce what species that cat it, if in fact it is a cat. May see if it might be an experiment from the CS.
Xenology 48% / 1d100 = 95 -to deduce what species that cat it, it not a cat from Rifts Earth
Medical Doctor 73%/63% / 1d100 = 32 - to deduce if the angel is a real angel
Biology 63% / 1d100 = 16 -to deduce if the angel is a real angel


Naliyah wrote:"Greetings, I am a Shing Dimensional Lion from the Pride Worlds. We are here to assist, at Gabriel's request,"


A Shing?! Never heard of them. Well I guess that leaves the CS out of it. At least that's a good thing. Pride Worlds?! I wonder where that is?

Max wrote:Finally a girl to take home to momma He holds his head high and extends his hand toward the angel.
"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. You arrived at the best time."


Quinn holds her smile back. Good, maybe now he won't hit on me.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 85

1d10 = 4

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 68/68 (x4)

Something about the image of the hooded woman is off-putting to Brianna and she feels, no, she knows that the woman is close but also that the woman is not alone. The dark presence Brianna felt is as potent as a demonic king or powerful being, Maia then speaks to her. We've come this far, just don't drop me. Not the worst mindstorm she, or they, have experienced recently, but definitely an ominous one.


Trying to collect herself after the latest mind storm, Brianna takes a deep breath, trying to get a sense of the dark presence she felt. Whatever it is, it's powerful and dangerous. It might be whatever it is that is causing the issues that AAPS was trying to prevent in the first place. Hopefully it's not too late to stop this. Brianna thinks to herself.

"Bri, we've got incoming but I've got a feeling they're with us. What's going on with the hooded woman?" he asks, studying her face intently. "Whatever you decide to do, I'll back you up."


Brianna nods at Ecks and asks, ”Is everyone okay? Hopefully no one was injured by that last mind storm.” Shaking here head, Brianna continues in a quiet voice, ”I don't know about the hooded woman, but there's something... off-putting about her. I say we stay on guard, just in case, but let's not attack her if she's not aggressive first.” She frowns when she hears the cackle and nods at Sel, ”If you mean the cackle, yes, I heard that. It sounded familiar somehow and I'm feeling a pull toward the other side of the crater. Not sure why.”

When the hooded woman the lioness arrive, Brianna is surprised to hear Alyssa introduces herself as an angel. She's not surprised by Max's reaction though and stays quiet as Alyssa talks to Ecks. When Alyssa asks what they know of this place, Brianna replies, “I can feel a dark presence – I don't know what it is, but it's as potent as a demonic king or some other kind of powerful being.” Pointing to where she feels the pull, Briann adds, “I feel a pull toward the other side of the crater. I think we're supposed to go there.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 25

Ecks inclines his head to Alyssa the Ariel. Then Alyssa introduces the Lion and strings together several words that don't offer much insight. A what from where? Well, I suppose we just go with it. Can't be all bad right?

When Alyssa asks about the situation, Ecks motions towards the chaos and says, "You're looking at what I know. Sel and Brianna can out all the additional information we have. Beyond that, we were only told that a god was possibly in peril and thus the root cause of our woes. But I'm not telling you anything you don't know I suspect."

Naliyah speaks, introducing herself. Ecks, accustomed to birdmen, talking squirrels, a catman and briefly a fox woman, nods politely."The Pride Worlds? I ate at the Burger Shack there. I liked the tater tots." he says straight faced. "Sadly, there are no tater tots here."

Max's interest in the Lion is more than Ecks wants to rest his mind on, in this moment. However his spiritual reassurances are welcomed in this place.

Bri asks about his state after yet another mindstorm. He nods. "Hopefully when we pull back this curtain, there's a giant bottle of aspirin that'll fix this permanently. He looks to where she points. Looking back at Alyssa and the others he says "So shall we go?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 74

Victor does everything he can to push through the pain in his skull, 'I sooo can't wait for this all to be over with!', he shouts internally.

Ecks wrote:"Victor, what you got on the inbound? I don't... think they are hostile" he radios to the tin man. "Bri, we've got incoming but I've got a feeling they're with us. What's going on with the hooded woman?" he asks, studying her face intently. "Whatever you decide to do, I'll back you up."


Staggering to his feet finally, the power armor doing most of the work, Victor makes a terse reply to Ecks, "Boss, I can't say for sure, but from everything I can gather that is an angel according to the one book I've read on the subject!". Victor twists his head this way and that, trying to work the tenseness out of his muscles then grips his rifle in both hands, "So now what? We got a target to shoot yet or not?". Clearly Victor has had it with the mind games and weirdness of it all and is looking forward to a straightforward fight. When the disembodied voice is heard Victor shouts back over his loudspeaker, "Yeah yeah! Your the bad guy, now show yourself so we can kick you ass and go home!", Victor is not the calmest nor in the best of moods it seems.

Once this Alyssa introduces herself Victor nods to her and asks, "Ok Wings, what are we up against?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 am

**rolls held**




Selenidaria wrote:The tall person clad in what initially looks like bulky body armor shrieks with a feminine voice and the barrel of the energy rifle she's holding jerks toward the lioness when it speaks before she lowers it and shoulders the weapon. Getting a better look at her, you notice that what she's wearing isn't a bulky body armor, but rather a slender power armor suit. Sel casts a doubtful look at the creature about just how much help it can provide the group. Beggers can't be choosers, after all she thinks to herself.


Naliyah looks curiously at Selenidaria when she suddenly aims her weapon at the lioness, and then lowers it.

A reflexive action, perhaps?

Selenidaria wrote:When Alyssa asks what they know of the area so far, Sel speaks up, saying "I have observed the temperature rising rapidly as well area, but there are pockets of much colder. My next step was to cast See the Invisible to check for unseen things, unless you would like to do that yourself..." Sel trailed off at the end of her sentence.


Naliyah nods. "Good idea. I am in the process of scanning the area for unusual dimensional and temporal anomalies. Other than our arrival, I mean," she says to the elf.

Ecks wrote:Naliyah speaks, introducing herself. Ecks, accustomed to birdmen, talking squirrels, a catman and briefly a fox woman, nods politely."The Pride Worlds? I ate at the Burger Shack there. I liked the tater tots." he says straight faced. "Sadly, there are no tater tots here."


Tater...what? Naliyah is confused by the initial response of the AAPS group leader, but recognizes that he's joking around a bit and smiles.

"Tater tots, hmm? Perhaps you'll have to show me sometime. I haven't yet had the pleasure..." she replies in kind.

A good sign, that he's able to retain a sense of humor in this sort of situation. Gabriel seems to have chosen wisely.

Ecks wrote:Bri asks about his state after yet another mindstorm. He nods. "Hopefully when we pull back this curtain, there's a giant bottle of aspirin that'll fix this permanently. He looks to where she points. Looking back at Alyssa and the others he says "So shall we go?"


Naliyah speaks up: "If we have a moment, I'm working on gathering more information about the situation now. These creatures-" here, she points a paw at the Ashen -"-radiate evil alright, but... it is of an usual signature, almost as if their nature is corrupted by some external force. It doesn't feel like the same kind of evil radiated from a creature where the evil is inherent to its being."

Victor Singer wrote:When the disembodied voice is heard Victor shouts back over his loudspeaker, "Yeah yeah! Your the bad guy, now show yourself so we can kick you ass and go home!", Victor is not the calmest nor in the best of moods it seems.

Once this Alyssa introduces herself Victor nods to her and asks, "Ok Wings, what are we up against?".


The Shing smirks. This one is feisty and ready for a fight, it would seem.




What could be causing the temperature distortions? Selenidaria said there are some areas with rapid temperature rise, while others are cold. Some sort of elemental magic at play? And where the hell are we, anyhow?

The questions linger as the Shing tries to take it all in and contend with the nature of the precarious and chaotic situation they find themselves in.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 pm

Environmental Conditions wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown, Other-Plane through Rift
Population: Unknown
Time: 1200 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
Ley Line Activity: One Ley Line runs the course of the crater; Ley line is visibly different with a black core energy stream and hazy purple radiating from it.
Weather: 110*F (Heat Spike; climbing)
Visibility: Poor, skies seem reddish. Sun has a black core blotched with purple, twisted and deformed from normal.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Increased x6


An Untimely Quake

The environment of this place is simply unsettling.

Naliyah isn't sure why, it could be the magic or just the reality of the place, but something about the feel of this entire area is wrong. The webbing of magic feels wrong, distorted. This place also seems out of sync with what a temporal initiate may consider the timeline; Naliyah knows that her and Alyssa were sent back in time, but that's it. She does however get the sense of several presences of dimensional being, one being Alyssa, the immediate ping and easiest to determine. The others appear further beyond, inside or perhaps even past the crater. She also gets the sense that a Ley Line Storm recently ended, the energies still ebbing in the air as Naliyah actually looks up to the Ley Line.

The Ley Line mirrors the discoloration of the blotched and twisted, purple and black sun. The core energy stream or line appears to be a abyssal black. All the usual silky green or teal colors of the magical energies emanating from Ley Lines is instead sickly purple; it seems like a growing wound with a Nexus some miles beyond. Naliyah determines that it is likely unwise to draw from this Ley Line unless in dire need, the energy just doesn't feel right.

While everyone else takes a moment to fully recover and get their wits, each take in the situation in a different way. Victor takes a good moment to shout and address the voice through his loudspeaker before turning to the newly arrived duo. Victor thinks he hears a rumbling almost immediately after his shout as well, though no other voices.

When Max approaches Alyssa with an extended hand, he is greeted by a warm smile as she takes his hand. "Maximillian O'Malley, Noble Battle Cat, you honor me with your words."

Alyssa stands and listens to the party divulge what they have learned and nods. "I too feel a dark presence here, powerful. It is different from the Sorceress, though. This entire place is an abomination." Alyssa states stoically.

While Alyssa speaks with the others, Quinn uses the opportunity to check out this 'angels' story and is able to identify that Naliyah definitely appears to be a true Lioness, though pale. She does not resemble anything the Coalition States nor other parties interested in gene or mutant therapy are experimenting with with current technology or research. Her ability to speak, and understand magic suggests dimensional being, though Quinn has no way to know where. Alyssa, on the other hand, while showing fair skin and humanoid (even human-esqe) features, does have notable wings. Quinn is unable to determine anything else about Alyssa.

Alyssa looks back to Ecks at his final suggestion and nods. "Yes, this has gone on long enough." The rumbling from beyond intensifies as everyone feels the ground quakes, the source could easily be the other side of the crater. The oval shaped crater opposite side has two large pillars that look like former mountains, or mountain, that crumbled and form a sort of archway. Naliyah sense of the Ley Line also feels a current or build-up similar to a Ley Line Storm, with a purpleish current being seen running through the abyssal black ley line.

Alyssa frowns and turns to the others. "Your sight will be needed, I think, Selenidaria. I will be back. Head towards the other side of the crater. These Ashen are weak but many, treat them as such. Whether our target is in the center or not, I still need to determine what that quake was and I will return to you." Alyssa says and the group watches as the Ariel seemingly melds into the ground beneath her, leaving the 8 of them with their plan.

The Ashen Bodies continue to trample towards the center, and it's impossible to see with naked eyes if they are just running past it or collecting at the center.
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/45%
JIC (20): 1d20 = 8
JIC (100): 1d100 = 72

Current Conditions (as of the end of this post): Sense Dimensional Anomaly: 12 minutes remaining; Sense Temporal Anomaly: 18 minutes remaining; See the Invisible: 6 minutes remaining




Underguard wrote:
Environmental Conditions wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown, Other-Plane through Rift
Population: Unknown
Time: 1200 Wednesday, September 10 XXXXCE
Ley Line Activity: One Ley Line runs the course of the crater; Ley line is visibly different with a black core energy stream and hazy purple radiating from it.
Weather: 110*F (Heat Spike; climbing)
Visibility: Poor, skies seem reddish. Sun has a black core blotched with purple, twisted and deformed from normal.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Increased x6


An Untimely Quake

The environment of this place is simply unsettling.

Naliyah isn't sure why, it could be the magic or just the reality of the place, but something about the feel of this entire area is wrong. The webbing of magic feels wrong, distorted. This place also seems out of sync with what a temporal initiate may consider the timeline; Naliyah knows that her and Alyssa were sent back in time, but that's it. She does however get the sense of several presences of dimensional being, one being Alyssa, the immediate ping and easiest to determine. The others appear further beyond, inside or perhaps even past the crater. She also gets the sense that a Ley Line Storm recently ended, the energies still ebbing in the air as Naliyah actually looks up to the Ley Line.

The Ley Line mirrors the discoloration of the blotched and twisted, purple and black sun. The core energy stream or line appears to be a abyssal black. All the usual silky green or teal colors of the magical energies emanating from Ley Lines is instead sickly purple; it seems like a growing wound with a Nexus some miles beyond. Naliyah determines that it is likely unwise to draw from this Ley Line unless in dire need, the energy just doesn't feel right.


Naliyah frowns. Something is definitely going on here... everything feels corrupted and wrong.

"Something is going on with the magic in this place. The energy seems... tainted somehow, as if it's been twisted. Be careful about drawing on the Ley Line energy here, it could have..unexpected effects. Also, there are other dimensional beings present... likely across the crater, and the temporal signature of the entire place is all wrong."

Underguard wrote:When Max approaches Alyssa with an extended hand, he is greeted by a warm smile as she takes his hand. "Maximillian O'Malley, Noble Battle Cat, you honor me with your words."


Maximimillian O'Malley... interesting name. Battle Cat? Intriguing, perhaps when this is over, I will learn more about this one, and where he comes from. Alyssa certainly seems to view him favorably.

Underguard wrote:Alyssa stands and listens to the party divulge what they have learned and nods. "I too feel a dark presence here, powerful. It is different from the Sorceress, though. This entire place is an abomination." Alyssa states stoically.


The Shing nods along with Alyssa's assessment. That description certainly fits with what I can sense as well... she thinks.

Underguard wrote:Alyssa frowns and turns to the others. "Your sight will be needed, I think, Selenidaria. I will be back. Head towards the other side of the crater. These Ashen are weak but many, treat them as such. Whether our target is in the center or not, I still need to determine what that quake was and I will return to you." Alyssa says and the group watches as the Ariel seemingly melds into the ground beneath her, leaving the 8 of them with their plan.

The Ashen Bodies continue to trample towards the center, and it's impossible to see with naked eyes if they are just running past it or collecting at the center.


Naliyah looks directly at Selenidaria and says, "See the Invisible could be useful, I agree. I will join you in doing so via my psychic gifts. Perhaps together, we can spot the potential dangers and warn the others."

Just don't point that gun at me anymore...

Naliyah then activates her See the Invisible psychic power (double range since it's on a Ley Line, according to the power description, and +50% duration).

See the Invisible
Range: 120 feet; double on a ley line.
Duration: 1 minute per each level of experience.
I.S.P.: 4
Saving Throw: None.
The character can see entities, beings, forces, objects and creatures which can turn invisible or are naturally invisible. Even if the creature has no form per se, the psychic will be able to discern the vaporous image or energy sphere which is the being. This includes ghosts, Entities, Elementals and Astral Beings.


To Ecks, she says, "My talents and abilities are at your disposal. I have varied magical talents with regards to both general and temporal magic, and psionically enhanced senses, in addition to my natural athletic abilities including claws, should the need arise. If need be, I can cast a Mystic Portal as an aid for short range travel - a few hundred feet of instantaneous teleportation for the group, or even provide some aerial reconnaissance if need be. How might I assist?"

The lioness awaits further instruction or questions as she defers to Ecks - the designated leader of the group she is tasked with helping.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 77

Ecks listens to Victor's assessment of the Angel and nods. Yep, that looks to be the size of her.

Nahlyia offers her services to the operator to which he nods again. "Well, looks like you came at a bad time. But glad to have you along one way or the others."

"Alright folks, you heard the lady. Let's make for the other side. We'll round on the outside of the perimeter. Let's keep together as much as possible. Watch yourselves."

Ecks begins at a good clip, using his gladius' speed to his advantage. He keeps both pistols at the ready as he moves. He watches the ashen people move towards the center with an uneasy feeling in his stomach. "That doesn't look good at all. Evil but not a permeated evil? While I get it, I mean... end of the world stuff, I'm not going to split hairs on this.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 65
Conditions: none

Quinn releases her grip on her pistol only slightly, just enough to allow the color to flow back in. Cautious, she remains still ad the rest of the members relax a bit. A Panthera Leo that can cast magic?! That must be some some inter dimensional being. Strange that it would resemble something to earth. I gotta run some test when we get back. Going to need some new equipment too. I might need to take out another loan. No, not again. That's how I ended up here. I just need a light way of making money. Quinn snaps back to her senses as Ecks's voice comes over the radio.She looks back at Minks and give her a wink and a smile "Damned if I'm going to be last again." Quinn takes off trying to match pace with Ecks. No wanting to be at the back of the group again, she makes sure she is either in the middle of the group. Quinn keeps her modular eye rotating between the different modes, to help with spotting anything that might be invisible.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 22/1d20 = 3
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Sense Magic 120' for 12 minutes (ends after 12:12), See the Invisible 200' for 6 minutes (ends after 12:06)

Brianna wrote:Brianna nods at Ecks and asks, ”Is everyone okay? Hopefully no one was injured by that last mind storm.” Shaking here head, Brianna continues in a quiet voice, ”I don't know about the hooded woman, but there's something... off-putting about her. I say we stay on guard, just in case, but let's not attack her if she's not aggressive first.” She frowns when she hears the cackle and nods at Sel, ”If you mean the cackle, yes, I heard that. It sounded familiar somehow and I'm feeling a pull toward the other side of the crater. Not sure why.”

When the hooded woman the lioness arrive, Brianna is surprised to hear Alyssa introduces herself as an angel. She's not surprised by Max's reaction though and stays quiet as Alyssa talks to Ecks. When Alyssa asks what they know of this place, Brianna replies, “I can feel a dark presence – I don't know what it is, but it's as potent as a demonic king or some other kind of powerful being.” Pointing to where she feels the pull, Briann adds, “I feel a pull toward the other side of the crater. I think we're supposed to go there.”


Sel responds with an affirmative, the hint of a slight headache present in her voice. When she talks about the cackle, Sel asks her "Do you think he's the rat guy's master or whatever?"

Ecks wrote:Naliyah speaks, introducing herself. Ecks, accustomed to birdmen, talking squirrels, a catman and briefly a fox woman, nods politely."The Pride Worlds? I ate at the Burger Shack there. I liked the tater tots." he says straight faced. "Sadly, there are no tater tots here."


Sel asks him "Aren't those basically little balls of hash browns? If you'd like, I can take a stab at trying to make some of my own when we get back."

Naliya wrote:Naliyah nods. "Good idea. I am in the process of scanning the area for unusual dimensional and temporal anomalies. Other than our arrival, I mean," she says to the elf.


Sel gets excited and says in a rapid pace "You can detect dimensional and temporal anomalies? Are those abilities that come natural to you or are they spells? Do you think that could be incorporated into a Techno-Wizard design, because if so I would love to work on some designs with you!"

Naliya wrote:Naliyah speaks up: "If we have a moment, I'm working on gathering more information about the situation now. These creatures-" here, she points a paw at the Ashen -"-radiate evil alright, but... it is of an usual signature, almost as if their nature is corrupted by some external force. It doesn't feel like the same kind of evil radiated from a creature where the evil is inherent to its being."


"So what does that mean, that they are infected by evil?" Sel asks Naliya.

Underguard wrote:Alyssa frowns and turns to the others. "Your sight will be needed, I think, Selenidaria. I will be back. Head towards the other side of the crater. These Ashen are weak but many, treat them as such. Whether our target is in the center or not, I still need to determine what that quake was and I will return to you." Alyssa says and the group watches as the Ariel seemingly melds into the ground beneath her, leaving the 8 of them with their plan.


With that confirmation, Sel begins casting spells into her power armor's visor, first See the Invisible, then Sense Magic (-8 PPE)

Naliya wrote:Naliyah frowns. Something is definitely going on here... everything feels corrupted and wrong.

"Something is going on with the magic in this place. The energy seems... tainted somehow, as if it's been twisted. Be careful about drawing on the Ley Line energy here, it could have..unexpected effects. Also, there are other dimensional beings present... likely across the crater, and the temporal signature of the entire place is all wrong."


"Trust me, I hadn't been planning on tapping the ley lines here. Just let me know if you start having trouble breathing and I will cast a spell on you to take care of that." Sel nervously says.

When Naliya mentions that she can provide aerial recon, Sel's whole body language made it clear she was staring at the Shing in disbelief for a moment until she remembered that it said it could cast spells.

When Ecks give the order to move out, Sel radios Victor and Mink and asks them "Hey, do you think we should cover the group leap frog style. One of us runs ahead of the group and then stops and covers the rest as we advance, then the person in the back dashes ahead of the group and the forward member until they are ahead of the group or a predetermined distance, considering that we can easily outpace the rest of the group.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 70
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 25
Perception: 34%


Max stares in awe at the angel. dont stare too hard, this might get weird He steps back and keeps his cool. The further from Alyssa he gets the more his head hurts. must just deal with this until we get clear of this area.
"Okay boss. lets get moving. It may take a few hours to get around the outside. The quicker the better."



Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 75 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 59

See the invisible – duration: 8 minutes

1d10 = 2

Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 102/102 (x6)

Bri asks about his state after yet another mindstorm. He nods. "Hopefully when we pull back this curtain, there's a giant bottle of aspirin that'll fix this permanently. “ He looks to where she points. Looking back at Alyssa and the others he says "So shall we go?"


Brianna smiles weakly at Ecks and replies, ”I hope it's that simple.” Inwardly, Brianna can't help but think to herself. I doubt I'm that lucky.

When Alyssa mentions they might need Sel's sight, Brianna thinks 'I can do that too!' To Sel, she suggests, “I can see the invisible – I can activate mine as well. That way we have a better chance of seeing anything we need to see.” Brianna then activates her ability to see the invisible with a thought and looks around her to see if anything new has appeared. (See the invisible, 4 ISP, duration 8 minutes).

When Ecks gives the word for the group to head out, Brianna nods at him nd says, ”Le's get this done!” Brianna hopes she looks more confident than she feels as she heads toward their destination.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:22 am

((rolls carried))

Brianna wrote:“I can see the invisible – I can activate mine as well. That way we have a better chance of seeing anything we need to see.”
Ecks nods in affirmation as Brianna reinforces his perception of her as an answer to all things magical/psychic, however unreasonable that assumption may be. Truly she has explained the parameters of her abilities a few times, but his initial impression has remained all this time later.

Sell mentions making tater tots. Looking over at the elf he replies, "Cooking me dinner, Sel? Victor you hear that? She's gonna make me swoon." he says in his usual deadpan. When we get back? That's hopeful thinking.

Sel, who looked like the lion from the corner of his eye but definitely is just an elf, also asks about rotating positions. Ecks radios back, "If this were a conventional enemy it might be worth considering, but in this situation I think investing our attention around us may be the most useful. We do need to stay together though. Keep a loose formation. We don't want to be a knot but we don't want strung out either. Keep around ten to fifteen feet between you and the person next to you.

Despite Ecks' dry personality, he prefers optimism. Whatever the situation it seems like Brianna is the key to this and that they are meant to be here. Well, Brianna at least. He hopes he's supposed to be here as well.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:17 am

**rolls held**

Skill Rolls:
Detect Ambush (detect suitable places for ambushing us and pay close attention to them) 1d100 = 73/92%
Detect Concealment (detect concealed positions, buildings, traps, or enemies on our route) 1d100 = 46/64%




Ecks wrote:Nahlyia offers her services to the operator to which he nods again. "Well, looks like you came at a bad time. But glad to have you along one way or the others."


Naliyah nods at Ecks. "Let's hope that what you refer to as a 'bad time' turns out to be 'just in time'..."

It better... or we're in for a world of hurt

Selenidaria wrote:
Naliya wrote:Naliyah nods. "Good idea. I am in the process of scanning the area for unusual dimensional and temporal anomalies. Other than our arrival, I mean," she says to the elf.


Sel gets excited and says in a rapid pace "You can detect dimensional and temporal anomalies? Are those abilities that come natural to you or are they spells? Do you think that could be incorporated into a Techno-Wizard design, because if so I would love to work on some designs with you!"


The Shing grins and replies, "They are spells I just cast, although I have some psychic sensitivity as well. I'm afraid I don't know much about Techno-Wizardry - perhaps we can discuss your proposal at a later time?"

Selenidaria wrote:
Naliya wrote:Naliyah speaks up: "If we have a moment, I'm working on gathering more information about the situation now. These creatures-" here, she points a paw at the Ashen -"-radiate evil alright, but... it is of an usual signature, almost as if their nature is corrupted by some external force. It doesn't feel like the same kind of evil radiated from a creature where the evil is inherent to its being."


"So what does that mean, that they are infected by evil?" Sel asks Naliya.


"Supernaturally evil creatures normally radiate their supernaturally evil nature, and we Shing are naturally sensitive to this - AND to supernatural good, for that matter - out to a few hundred yards. But something about these creatures... it doesn't feel the same. I suppose 'infected' or 'altered' is a good way to think about it. There is evil present with them, but... it doesn't feel inherent to them.. if that makes any sense. It could be that their nature is corrupted by-" here she pauses to look up at the purplish/black Ley Line and continues "-whatever it is that is corrupting the ley line here."

Selenidaria wrote:With that confirmation, Sel begins casting spells into her power armor's visor, first See the Invisible, then Sense Magic (-8 PPE)

Naliya wrote:"Something is going on with the magic in this place. The energy seems... tainted somehow, as if it's been twisted. Be careful about drawing on the Ley Line energy here, it could have..unexpected effects. Also, there are other dimensional beings present... likely across the crater, and the temporal signature of the entire place is all wrong."


"Trust me, I hadn't been planning on tapping the ley lines here. Just let me know if you start having trouble breathing and I will cast a spell on you to take care of that." Sel nervously says.


Ahh, I suspected she was a spellcaster of some sort, but that confirms it thinks the lioness as Sel casts her spells and offers to cast another.

"Thank you for the offer. I'll let you know if I start having trouble," she replies politely to Sel.

When Brianna mentions she can "activate" her ability to See the Invisible, Naliyah takes notice.

Ahh, she mentioned something about a mental storm too. She must be psychic.




Ecks wrote:"Alright folks, you heard the lady. Let's make for the other side. We'll round on the outside of the perimeter. Let's keep together as much as possible. Watch yourselves."

Ecks begins at a good clip, using his gladius' speed to his advantage. He keeps both pistols at the ready as he moves. He watches the ashen people move towards the center with an uneasy feeling in his stomach.


Naliyah paces along with Ecks at the front of the group, keeping her psionically enhanced and mundane senses peeled for any trouble along the way. {detect concealment/detect ambush rolls above}

Automatic Dodges (if needed):

1 1d20+13 = 20
2 1d20+13 = 16
3 1d20+13 = 25
4 1d20+13 = 33 Natural 20
5 1d20+13 = 27
6 1d20+13 = 25
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 78/78
P.P.E.: 485/485
I.S.P.: 111/111


Current Conditions: None.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:24 pm

(Rolls held)

"I wasn't planning on going more than 50 yards ahead of the group, basically about 15 to 20 seconds to the front, then keep watch until about 10 seconds after the last person in the group passes me. The main portion of the group will be forced to move at the pace of the slowest person, which I am suspecting will be either Bri or the good doctor, no offense to them, but they, as well as Max, are the only ones who don't have an enhanced mode of movement. However, Max beign a Battle Cat means that he'd be able to move much more swiftly than a normal human. But none of that matters because our pace will be set by the slowest among us, else we leave anyone behind. What I am proposing is to take advantage of the mobility of the three of us wearing powered armor so that if fighting needs to be done, we have at least two people stationary keeping watch as we move, while at the same time being spread out from the group so we don't make an inviting target for a missile strike, but not to far away that we would be alone. Does that make more sense?" Selenidaria tried to explain to the group leader.

Looking to Max when he makes a claim about the trip going to a few hours, she looks at him after surveying the crater and says "Two to three hours is how long I suspect it will take us, if we can maintain an average of two miles an hour. I'm not sure what kind of pace that exo-skeleton of Ecks can maintain. Actually, come to think of it..." Sel breaks off and approaches Ecks, indicating that she wants to speak to him alone.

Speaking in a low tone, Sel asks Ecks "Your Gladius, it's battery operated if I'm not mistaken, is that correct? And if so, what's the charge status on them like and do they run on specialty batteries or are they able to accept e-clips? If it uses specialty batteries, how long do they take to charge from empty?" Ecks couldn't see her face through the face plate, but the concern was evident in her voice.

After speaking with Ecks and getting those answers, she and Naliyah speak, Sel's voice sounding practically when speaking of anything related to Techno-Wizardry and promised the Shing they would do a lot of talking when this was all done with. Sel's tone made it evident that she was confident that they would be successful, because if we're not, then we nor anyone else will have to worry about it anyway, so no use brooding on failure, she thought to herself.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:36 pm

Environmental Conditions wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 1203 ;; 3 minutes have passed.
Ley Line Activity: One Ley Line runs the course of the crater; Ley line is visibly different with a black core energy stream and hazy purple radiating from it.
Weather: 115*F (climbing)
Visibility: Poor, skies seem reddish. Sun has a black core blotched with purple, twisted and deformed from normal.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): Increased x6


As the group takes sight of the best vantage point to move, Ecks is able to spot a path that takes a higher rise through the crater on some rougher terrain but free of the hordes of ashen that now seem to infest the crater. This rise follows the eastern side of the crater (right) and is about a hundred feet at its highest point from the ground where the ashen are; bobbing between 20 feet and 70 on average. Sel notices that Victor and Mink seem unusually quiet in light of the new changes when neither of them respond to her radio call directly, but give more passive acknowledgements from behind their armors. Mink springs into step ahead of the crew along the path, keeping close enough to support but far enough to warn. The crew moves out in a staggered column along this higher rise, keeping a solid pace for the terrain. Max for his part keeps close to the new lioness though almost loses sight of Mink as she darts ahead and checks out what's ahead. Victor keeps on getting pings of random cold spots, and Mink can trace them as well. They are scattered about in what seems to be a random setup but frequent. Mink passes a brief message along the group's radio channel; "These cold spots are all over the place down below but I don't see anything other than those things." The group travels with a purpose and covers ground pretty well, covering about 1/10th of the crater's total distance. It's only after a decent movement and nearing one of the cold spot that more becomes visible to them, Mink's eye spotting them with her active sight as she comes in range.

A trio of female fatals each dig inside the back of their mind for that mental click to see the unseen and the realization of where they are is far less appealing than the hellscape they saw beforehand. Certainly, the cold spots might be important. When Bri, Sel and Nali focus their sight, they see what seem to be large obelisks stationed in each cold spot. The closest obelisk seems to be about 50 feet off from the path, matching the closest cold spot and seem to be around 40 feet in height. The Obelisks themselves seem to be comprised of multiple rising spires that form a point with runes etches into the spires. When Sel triggers her sense magic she can definitely feel magical energies radiating from the obelisk as though it was performing a ritual or actively channeling magic through the spires. The center of the spires is slightly visible and emanates with the same sickly violet and black magical energy that they see from the Ley Line, which Sel now senses the corruption in. Sure, the Ley Line is usable, but prolonged exposure probably isn't wise to anyone. Sel is mind blown at the magical energies coming off of these obelisks.

Obelisk
Very similar to this image in appearance.
obelisk.png
obelisk.png (112.76 KiB) Viewed 1090 times


Quinn, Ecks Mink and Nali notice that the ashen also seem to be giving the obelisk area closest to them all of their attention, as if enthralled by it's very being, even if they can't see it. They also notice that the ashen closest to the center of the cold spots seem to crumple and fall within minutes of being near the center of the cold spots. It is almost as though whatever these obelisks are act as a beacon to the ashen and the ashen are unable to survive the close cold proximity. Quinn's medical eye notes that the ashen seem to left off as husks around these cold spots, empty.

When Brianna sees the obelisk, she gets a brief flash of the sorceress from the mindstorm before, this same type of obelisk can vaguebly be seen as a focus to the sorceress in her flash. It's then she hears the voice of Mesi; Relics older than the birth of humankind; deific in nature, perversed by the Gods of Darkness. I don't know that we can destroy these outright... but we should try. This place is toxic. The drag on the last line Bri can feel as if the obelisks make the dagger sick, if the dagger could get sick. Maia seems to share her fellow's sentiment, though paints a different light; Or see where they lead and destroy the source instead, right now, we haven't been attacked, yet. Maia urges the yet. Brianna still feels the pull towards the far side of the crater.

What're your intentions?

I expect you to keep track of your I.S.P. and P.P.E. expenditures on the honor system, so no butcher's bill for that for now. I'll let you know when that changes.
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 80
Conditions: See the Invisible, Full Optics Sweep, checking Infrared and Thermal for anomalies
Wearing Night Reaper Power Armor

Condition: Mind Block Auto-Defense (active)
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 70%/1d100 = 63 - How do I destabilize this ritual? - PASS!
Lore: Magic - Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 60%/1d100 = 7 - How do I destabilize this ritual? - PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 95%/1d100 = 33 - How do I destabilize this ritual? - PASS!
Sensory Equipment 55%/1d100 = 55 - Sensor Sweep including proximity alerts, thermal, infrared, Audio with full enhanced hearing cybernetics and Power Armor Systems - PASS by the skin of the teeth!

Mink doesn't need anyone to tell her those obelisk structures need to come down. But she also knows they aren't going to come down without a heavy application of firepower or demolitions. "So it's pretty obvious to me those pillars are focusing this shit storm. They need to come down. I say we try toppling them first. If that doesn't work, short of some of you having some major demolitions material stuffed onto your utility and web belts, about the best we can do is pick one spot and fire at it until it goes down. I've got a few grenades, but I don't think it's gonna matter a hill of beans if we can't get them near the middle so their explosion can destabilize the pillar's structure. And that means blasting our way through it. Still, it's worth trying. Maybe we all pick one spot, aim for it and take it down before we advance. Maybe get them to come to us. Unless someone has a better idea?." She hefts up the multi-weapon system on her left arm. "I've got this particle beam and it can chew through a lot." She picks a spot on the pillar, in what looks like a thinner position and blasts it in order to mark a spot.
Assuming the blast actually marks it, she goes "Aim there if we can't topple them."
If it does not, she merely sighs. "Or this is going to be a major pain in the rear."

Assuming no one has a better solution, she looks to Ecks for approval. If she gets it, she works on getting everyone in power armor or exoskeleton armor together. She leads the effort to try to topple one. She will use her jetpack to push at the top and her natural acrobatics to allow her to recover in time to not follow it or go headlong into the heatstorm. If they cannot push it over, she goes to blasting one spot over and over.

Information and Rolls to topple one of the pillars or blast through it
FYI, retroactively spending a total of 12 extra ISP to have maintained my See the Invisible Power for the last 18 minutes and another 6 minutes starting now.

PS of suit is 40, Robotic. Plus I have a jetpack with a max speed of 80 mph to push more.
Pilot Jet Packs 78%/1d100 = 20
Acrobatics - Sense of balance 95%/1d100 = 51
Damage from PBeam is 1d6x10 MD for a double blast. It's hooked to my reactor, so unlimited shots. 8 attacks per melee.
(all x10 MD) 1d6 = 6=60 MD, 1d6 = 2=20 MD, 1d6 = 5=50 MD, 1d6 = 6=60 MD, 1d6 = 2=20 MD, 1d6 = 3=30 MD, 1d6 = 2=20 MD, 1d6 = 1=10 MD
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 9/1d20 = 16
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Sense Magic 120' for 12 minutes (ends after 12:12, 9 minutes left), See the Invisible 200' for 6 minutes (ends after 12:06, three minutes left)

Scanning the crater with the scope from her rifle, Selenidaria notes where the cold spots, pointing out where they are to the group, and tries to figure out if there is some sort of mystical diagram they form, and if so where the best place be to disrupt the flow of energy. (Lore: Magic EP Critical Success) "I'm willing to bet that these obelisks aren't placed randomly but rather in a pattern to help focus the mystical energies. If so, then there should be, at least in theory, a pillar that if it is destroyed should disrupt the flow of energy, kind of like an electrical transformer blowing up and causing a blackout." Sel says. If such a spot exists to disrupt the flow of magical energies, Sel will point out which one and where they are.

Looking at Mink, Sel says "I can drill a hole in the pillar if you got the explosives to blast it apart". Not waiting for a reply, she pulls her military grade (i.e. MD) Power Drill and begins attempting to drill a hold into the side of a pillar, using a diamond tipped drill bit. "We did bring explosives, right?"
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:42 pm

(rolls held)
Mink pats the straps she wears on the outside of her armor that hold ammo and gear. "I've got one plasma hand Grenade, a couple of light fragmentation grenades, and a smoke grenade. Plus I have some high explosive armor piercing rifle grenades if you can use them. That's about it though. Usually I am used to working with a dedicated demo operative when the mission or contract calls for it, so I mostly carry for anti-personnel and anti-monster work. They'll definitely work better drilled into it, that was my idea with blasting it. I've seen that much, but beyond that I have no idea."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 51

Ecks listens to Mink's plan. He worries that attacking the obelisks might bring all the ashen down on them. The earlier analysis of there being an evil that isn't inherently evil comes back to him. Is there a source? Is there a more direct path? I don't care to destroy these pillars but a direct path is usually better.

"We can certainly do that, if the ashen don't prevent us from doing it. Is there anything else that anyone can see before we make all these things angry?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 98
Conditions: none

As Quinn switch through his mutiny optic eye, trying to see the obelisks, she listens to ideas being cooked up. She rubs her organic eye to see is there was something covering her conjunctiva. How can I help? I know the right chemicals in the proper proportions can cause explosions. Then again we ain't nowhere near a lab. "Well, looks like you two ladies goth this covered. I don't think that I'd be of much help anyways. All I have is this little pistol. That doesn't mean you can go and get hurt on purpose, though." Quinn pull out her bottle, u screws the cap and takes a drink. She tends offers it to Sel and Minks, with a smile. "Anyone want a drink, to help calm the nerves?"
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:37 pm

(Rolls held)

Mink wrote:Mink pats the straps she wears on the outside of her armor that hold ammo and gear. "I've got one plasma hand Grenade, a couple of light fragmentation grenades, and a smoke grenade. Plus I have some high explosive armor piercing rifle grenades if you can use them. That's about it though. Usually I am used to working with a dedicated demo operative when the mission or contract calls for it, so I mostly carry for anti-personnel and anti-monster work. They'll definitely work better drilled into it, that was my idea with blasting it. I've seen that much, but beyond that I have no idea."


"Rifle grenades? I think I have some of those, give me a moment to check how many I have." Sel says to Mink as she checks her power armor's HUD indicator showing her the number of grenades currently loaded and what type they are. Seeing that there are three fragmentation grenades, three plasma grenades, and three smoke grenades, she also takes note of the three additional frag grenades stowed on the top of the gun. Suddenly remembering seeing in the system specs that there is a hardback case on the back of the suit that also is loaded with spare grenades for the gun, Sel works the clamps to let it down so she can open it up and count how many are in there. She lets out a loud whistle when she sees the case is filled with 18 frags, 18 plasma, and three each of smoke and tear gas. Looking up at Mink while grabbing a plasma grenade and tossing it and catching it with one hand, Sel says with an amused voice "Do you think we got enough explosives to take at least one pillar down?"

Ecks wrote:Ecks listens to Mink's plan. He worries that attacking the obelisks might bring all the ashen down on them. The earlier analysis of there being an evil that isn't inherently evil comes back to him. Is there a source? Is there a more direct path? I don't care to destroy these pillars but a direct path is usually better.

"We can certainly do that, if the ashen don't prevent us from doing it. Is there anything else that anyone can see before we make all these things angry?"


"In all honesty, I figure it's pretty likely that anything we try to do the ashen will try to stop us from doing it, whether they want to or not. I'm hoping that these pillars are arranged in a complex pattern and destroying one of them will sever the ashen from whatever is influencing them. The only real problem is which one?" Sel said to Ecks in reply. "To be perfectly frank, if there is something that we can do that wouldn't upset everything, that would be preferable, but there really isn't much to see out here, and what I have been able to see was only through the use of spells and the thermal imaging scope on my laser rifle."

Quinn wrote:As Quinn switch through his mutiny optic eye, trying to see the obelisks, she listens to ideas being cooked up. She rubs her organic eye to see is there was something covering her conjunctiva. How can I help? I know the right chemicals in the proper proportions can cause explosions. Then again we ain't nowhere near a lab. "Well, looks like you two ladies goth this covered. I don't think that I'd be of much help anyways. All I have is this little pistol. That doesn't mean you can go and get hurt on purpose, though." Quinn pull out her bottle, u screws the cap and takes a drink. She tends offers it to Sel and Minks, with a smile. "Anyone want a drink, to help calm the nerves?"


"Goth ladies? I've never been called that before. Mind you I find the Goth style to be pretty cool, it's just never been a look I could personally pull off. While you may not have any relevant skills to help with demolishing a structure, you can always stay vigilant of anyone who may try to stop us. Trust me, I have no intentions on getting hurt. And no thank you on the offer of a drink. Handling this many explosives is best done with a clear head. Besides, I thought you were a doctor, not a bartender!" Sel said, ending her comment with obvious humor in her voice.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 2, 1d100 = 21

See the invisible – duration: 5 minutes

1d10 = 4

Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 98/102 (x6)

Brianna listens to the conversation regarding whether or not to destroy the obelisk with grenades. Not really knowing anything about grenades other than the fact that sometimes they explode and sometimes they have smoke come out of them, Brianna doesn't participate in the conversation since she didn't have anything useful to add when it came to explosives.

Brianna says, While I definitely agree we should try to destroy the obelisk, I don't know if it's going to be as easy as blowing it up. These relics are older than the birth of humankind, according to Mesi They're deific in nature and preserved by Gods of Darkness. If we can't, it might be better to go after the source.” It's clear that Brianna isn't going to stop the others from trying to blow up the obelisk if that's what they really want to do so.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:33 am

( Rolls Carried Over )

Selenidaria wrote:"Goth ladies? I've never been called that before. Mind you I find the Goth style to be pretty cool, it's just never been a look I could personally pull off. While you may not have any relevant skills to help with demolishing a structure, you can always stay vigilant of anyone who may try to stop us. Trust me, I have no intentions on getting hurt."


"Goth?! OH, shit. Was I mumbling again? Sorry bout that. I sometimes mumble or even talk slurring them. I'll try and enunciate more clearly. Stand watch? I think that's something in my wheelhouse." As long as I don't have to get into some heavy fighting. I'm not much for aggression but I can bite back. Let's get this done quick.

Selenidaria wrote:And no thank you on the offer of a drink. Handling this many explosives is best done with a clear head. Besides, I thought you were a doctor, not a bartender!"


"Haha. Well actually you see this one time in band…" Quinn pauses and shakes her head. "No, that's not right. It was like a couple of months ago. Anyways, long story short, I worked as a brewmaster before I meet up with you guys here in this time frame. So yeah, bartender can be one more set of services I provide. No problem, a clear mind is always a good thing to have but shaky hands is not, especially when dealing with explosives. It's your call, though, but the offer stands if you still need it."
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 12


Mink wrote:Mink doesn't need anyone to tell her those obelisk structures need to come down. But she also knows they aren't going to come down without a heavy application of firepower or demolitions. "So it's pretty obvious to me those pillars are focusing this shit storm. They need to come down. I say we try toppling them first. If that doesn't work, short of some of you having some major demolitions material stuffed onto your utility and web belts, about the best we can do is pick one spot and fire at it until it goes down. I've got a few grenades, but I don't think it's gonna matter a hill of beans if we can't get them near the middle so their explosion can destabilize the pillar's structure. And that means blasting our way through it. Still, it's worth trying. Maybe we all pick one spot, aim for it and take it down before we advance. Maybe get them to come to us. Unless someone has a better idea?." She hefts up the multi-weapon system on her left arm. "I've got this particle beam and it can chew through a lot." She picks a spot on the pillar, in what looks like a thinner position and blasts it in order to mark a spot.
Assuming the blast actually marks it, she goes "Aim there if we can't topple them."
If it does not, she merely sighs. "Or this is going to be a major pain in the rear."

Assuming no one has a better solution, she looks to Ecks for approval. If she gets it, she works on getting everyone in power armor or exoskeleton armor together. She leads the effort to try to topple one. She will use her jetpack to push at the top and her natural acrobatics to allow her to recover in time to not follow it or go headlong into the heatstorm. If they cannot push it over, she goes to blasting one spot over and over.



Victor finally perks up at the mention of demo work and hoists his duffle bag up, saying to Mink, "I've got a dozen Type 2 fusion blocks and a another half dozen Type 3s. Plus some C4 and all the garnish that goes along with it. I think it might be enough to take those pillars down...", Victor does some demolitions math in his head as he starts handing over the explosives to Mink and anyone else who seems to be familiar with explosives. In order to help see what is going on around him and to make a better analysis of the obelisks, Victor cycles through his suits optics until he finds one that works best in this environment. He also attempts to fine tune his radar and sets the suits AI to monitoring the cameras in case they can actually help I.D. any possible threats in the area.

{Skill Rolls}
Demolitions 85%/1d100 = 23%
Read Sensory Equipment 65%/1d100 = 100% (for Optics)
Read Sensory Equipment 65%/1d100 = 27% (for Radar)
Last edited by Victor Singer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:47 am

(rolls held)
Mink shakes her head at the offer of drink. 'The idea of raising my faceplate here is just ludicrous, not to mention drinking in a combat situation'. Outloud she simply says. "Thanks anyway."

Mink whistles low when Sel remembers her own grenade stash. "Yeah, that might work." Then Victor speaks up. "I haven't even seen a fusion block in a bit, and you have that many? Damn. Alright, well we'll follow his lead on taking this down." She looks at Ecks and Bri, "assuming of course you want us to. Nice thing with this solution we don't have to stick around a bunch to drill in or whatever. We can advance and blow it when it suits us, or on a timer or whatever. Victor is the expert." 'Tacticians can only explain the details of others jobs so much', after all, she reasons to herself.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:58 pm

Environmental Conditions wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 1207 ;; 4 minutes have passed.
Ley Line Activity: The Ley Line seems to be pulsing as of the end of this post.
Weather: 125*F (52*C ;; climbing)
Visibility: Poor, skies seem reddish. Sun has a black core blotched with purple, twisted and deformed from normal.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x6


A loud crack is heard in the distance by all and sounds almost like thunder, though there are no clouds in the reddish and dark skies. Everyone can see the Ley Line running the course of the crater seems to be pulsing from above, similarly to a neuron firing with a visible discolored pulse surging through it periodically.

Mink is able to use her jet pack and acrobatics to make it to the highest point of the path that the group follows, getting a good look at the Obelisk. The first thing Mink notices on her sensor sweep is that, as the Obelisk is in the center of the cold spot, the cold spot registers as -272*C at the center of the cold spot. The sensor sweep picks up such spots at similar degrees. The coldest part of the cold spot seems to extend approximately two feet out from the surface of the Obelisk, with the following 33 feet averaging between -89*C and -43*C nearing 35 feet away. At 36 feet, the temperature hard shifts to 52*C almost instantly and follows the temperature of the environment. The Ashen seem to be completely ignoring the cold before crumpling like husks within a few minutes of being near an Obelisk. Mink can safely assume that the Obelisks act as a beacon, are likely the source of the cold spots, are likely phased out in some fashion and seem to kill anything that gets too close. Mink is able to test a theory immediately as she fires a double beam blast right through the obelisk. Through the obelisk, her aim was true and her mark dead on but the beam impacted a small cluster of ashen behind them. Still not triggering a response from them.

Sel narrows down on the runes of the Obelisk, trying her best to determine its purpose or origin, she is still confused as to their origin. Their purpose is fairly close to the original idea. These Obelisks are Ritual Channeling devices that seem to work in tandem with other obelisks Sel's focus shifts slightly when she senses a pulse from the Obelisk with her magical sense, that occured at the same time an ashen fell within a few feet of the obelisk. When the obelisk pulsed, she felt the network of Obelisks and it numbered near 50. Sel feels the essence of the ashen be absorbed by the Obelisks. These stones harness the energies released upon death, collecting the energy to be used in a ritual. The Ashen, up until it died, was charmed or disillusioned likely by the obelisk itself. It is still in a invisible state, and none of the ashen have actually touched one yet.

Bri's faithful items fall silent and she is left with a sickening sensation from the obelisks as Ecks' field of view is littered with a sea of ashen, all seeming to be gathering around where these cold spots are. Ecks also spots several ashen seeming to fall in what look like potholes or small fissures in the crater.
Ecks notices the exchange between Sel and Quinn, and something about the way the Ashen are reacting to the obelisk itself, even if she can't see it. Quinn's medical background and experience tells her there is something off about the ashen, why haven't they done anything yet, what are they even? Bri notices Naliyah is shadowing Sel with a curious eye as she is able to confirm the apparent purpose and that they work in tandem, though right now is letting the standing members of the group take the lead and just following suit. Max seems to split his time shadowing Ecks or Naliyah while staying on the rear of the group as a whole. When he glances back, he notices there seem to be several other portals open, like the rift they entered through, with similar ashen pouring through.

When Victor runs his visual scans his optics system is flooded by a type of white noise, temporarily blinding his HUD and removing advanced optics as the system reset. His sensor sweep however revealed that there are no less than 50 individual cold spots that are scattered about the in a very obvious pattern that seems to resemble 50 spots in 5 rows and 6 staggered columns. From what Mink and Sel described, Victor can safely determine that no more than three blocks would be needed to destroy a conventional obelisk of this nature, but since he cannot spot the obelisk itself he can only guess. The first obstacle for destroying these is figuring out what'll actually affect them, and Mink's targeted blast did nothing, passed right through where the obelisk should've been.Victor's sensor readings also confirm the temperature readings Mink got and outline several several crevices around the crater's base below them and along the the path forward. The closest crevice is just outside the cold spot below.

Another crackle followed by a small rumble rocks the group as everyone's senses ping when a familiar, malicious voice is heard overheard around them. "Do you see what I see?" the voice taunts, the last line trailing off in an eerie string and to all who look up notice the purplish black sickly looking star seems to have become eye, a giant sickly eye in the sky looking down on the group. From that angle, it is easy to spot the Ley Line that is noticeably fluxing and both Nali and Sel get a dire sense of a Ley Line Storm coming within a minute or two. They also see that the Obelisks runes are glowing in response to the coming storm, Sel can identify the shift as though they are ready to absorb massive amounts of energy. "Let us see what the Chosen have to offer." It continues, the smile can be felt on the words being broadcast.

In the moments before the storm, all those without see the invisible notice that the obelisks seem to be appearing out of nowhere. Mink and Sel aren't positive, but they are pretty darn sure that they are either phasing into view either because of, or due to the incoming Ley Line Storm (important distinction).

Those with Sense Magic can tell a Storm is going to hit in less than two minutes and the energy coming off the Ley Lines is bad enough without a storm to fuel the fire.

What're you doing?
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 76/1d20 = 5
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects: Sense Magic 120' for 12 minutes (ends after 12:12, 5 minutes left), See the Invisible 200' for 6 minutes (ends after 12:13, six minutes left)

Underguard wrote:A loud crack is heard in the distance by all and sounds almost like thunder, though there are no clouds in the reddish and dark skies. Everyone can see the Ley Line running the course of the crater seems to be pulsing from above, similarly to a neuron firing with a visible discolored pulse surging through it periodically.

Mink is able to use her jet pack and acrobatics to make it to the highest point of the path that the group follows, getting a good look at the Obelisk. The first thing Mink notices on her sensor sweep is that, as the Obelisk is in the center of the cold spot, the cold spot registers as -272*C at the center of the cold spot. The sensor sweep picks up such spots at similar degrees. The coldest part of the cold spot seems to extend approximately two feet out from the surface of the Obelisk, with the following 33 feet averaging between -89*C and -43*C nearing 35 feet away. At 36 feet, the temperature hard shifts to 52*C almost instantly and follows the temperature of the environment. The Ashen seem to be completely ignoring the cold before crumpling like husks within a few minutes of being near an Obelisk. Mink can safely assume that the Obelisks act as a beacon, are likely the source of the cold spots, are likely phased out in some fashion and seem to kill anything that gets too close. Mink is able to test a theory immediately as she fires a double beam blast right through the obelisk. Through the obelisk, her aim was true and her mark dead on but the beam impacted a small cluster of ashen behind them. Still not triggering a response from them.

Sel narrows down on the runes of the Obelisk, trying her best to determine its purpose or origin, she is still confused as to their origin. Their purpose is fairly close to the original idea. These Obelisks are Ritual Channeling devices that seem to work in tandem with other obelisks Sel's focus shifts slightly when she senses a pulse from the Obelisk with her magical sense, that occured at the same time an ashen fell within a few feet of the obelisk. When the obelisk pulsed, she felt the network of Obelisks and it numbered near 50. Sel feels the essence of the ashen be absorbed by the Obelisks. These stones harness the energies released upon death, collecting the energy to be used in a ritual. The Ashen, up until it died, was charmed or disillusioned likely by the obelisk itself. It is still in a invisible state, and none of the ashen have actually touched one yet.


As Sel's spell to see the invisible fades, she casts it on her helmet again (-4 PPE) so she can continue seeing the obelisks. Seeing Mink's shot at the object have absolutely no effect, Sel says "Well, I suppose this means we can't use explosives to destroy it." She had been contemplating touching the obelisks to perform an Object Read on it, but won't bother trying now she saw Mink's attack go right through it. Then, in a burst of inspiration, Sel decides to try casting an attack spell upon it as intangible objects can often be affected by psychic and magical attacks. She decides to settle for casting Electric Arc (-8 PPE) through her gun then proceeds to spend the next fifteen seconds blasting it with electrical energy.

Strike 1 1d20+2 = 22 Damage 2d6 = 4
Strike 2 1d20+2 = 9 Damage 2d6 = 3
Strike 3 1d20+2 = 19 Damage 2d6 = 9
Strike 4 1d20+2 = 16 Damage 2d6 = 3
Strike 5 1d20+2 = 5 Damage 2d6 = 10
Strike 6 1d20+2 = 12 Damage 2d6 = 7
Strike 7 1d20+2 = 16 Damage 2d6 = 5
Strike 8 1d20+2 = 20 Damage 2d6 = 4
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 65
Perception: 34%


Max stands there helpless. He hates being useless. what the hell can I do to mess with this, sing it a song?
He looks around at all the ashen and the maelstrom of ley line power flying around. His headache is getting worse. A storm must be coming. He fumbles with his pouch and pulls out a rosary. His mother made it for him.
" Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen."

Its about all he can think of doing so he says it loud and directed at the storm.


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 15% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 14
JIC: 1d100 = 65

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:Max stands there helpless. He hates being useless. what the hell can I do to mess with this, sing it a song?
He looks around at all the ashen and the maelstrom of ley line power flying around. His headache is getting worse. A storm must be coming. He fumbles with his pouch and pulls out a rosary. His mother made it for him.
" Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen."

Its about all he can think of doing so he says it loud and directed at the storm.


Victor takes a knee and as Max begins rambling prayers at the structure Victor suddenly shoves 3 Type II fusion blocks into the cats hands then points at the nearest obelisk that has appeared, "Here, hold these, I'm trying to sort out where to place them...". Once his helmets optics have reset this time he just cycles to thermo and examines the cracks at the base of the pillars closer this time. He moves over to the closest one, trying to figure out whether a charged placed in one or more of these could cause the obelisks' to collapse. As he works on this he radios the rest of the team, "Hey folks, I think I might be able to knock this thing down. We have enough charges, just need to find a way to apply them, since apparently conventional stuff wont effect the pillars directly. I'm trying to work an angle using these crevices. Any thoughts from anyone else?".


{Skill Rolls}
Demolitions 103%/1d100 = 94% (to figure out if the crevices can be blown up in order to topple or damage the obelisks)
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 47 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 10
Conditions: none

Quinn watches in utter suspense as Minks fires her gun. Disappointment fills the void of suspense, as Sel starts to attack the same area with her magic. Not being able to see anything that they are attempting to attack, she scans the immediate area for any medical clues. The only thing that sticks out as abnormal is how the ashen are acting. These creatures don't act in any fashion that makes sense. What are they even? Burnt corpses? Is it even human? There's got to be more to them than what we're seeing. out of a morbid curiosity, Quinn takes out a scalpel from one of her belt pouches. She then bends down to one of the motionless ashen. Placing a hand on the body, she feels for vitals and and sensory cues (hot, cold, texture, heartbeat, etc.).

If the Ashen just crumbles to dust
Quinn attempts to grasps at the crumbling ashen. Tightening her grip as it slips through her fingers. If part of the body still remains, she will touch it and see it that also crumbles. Once the whole body has disappeared, either in part or all at once, Quinn stands up and walks over to another ashen. Crouching down she attempts to touch the second body.

If the Ashen are solid
After she I'd satisfied that she has gathered all the data, that she can with a look and a touch, Quinn takes the scalpel and begins to make an incision. Starting from the shoulder in a diagonal line toward the top of the sternum. Starting slowly at first. She watches for anything that might seem out of place for a humanoid. She prepares herself for a reaction the moment her scale touches the body.

Skill Rolls
Xenology 48% / 1d100 = 57 -to deduce what the ashen is if not a human.
Biology 63% / 1d100 = 32 -to deduce if the Ashen are human.
Medical Doctor 73%/63% / 1d100 = 92 - to start a quick exploratory surgery.
Field Surgery 37% / 1d100 = 44 -
Biology 63% / 1d100 = 100 -to deduce if the variations from the Human body.


Quinn glances around every once in awhile. At one point she notices Max kneeling and praying again. Prayer, again? Is that all he does? I mean I believe there is something greater out there but there is a time and a place for that. Besides I don't think some giant hand is going to come out of the sky, snaps it fingers and Poof, everything is honky dory. I'll never understand that.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 58

Intimidate: 1d100 = 41 (70%)

See the invisible – duration: 1 minute

1d10 = 10

Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 98/102 (x6)

Brianna shrugs at Mink when she talks about a timer, Sel talking about having more grenades and Victor's contribution to the conversation. ”I have no idea if that will work, but you can try it if it want. I think going after the source is a better bet.” Brianna is startled by the loud crack and looks up into the sky and jumps a bit. To her weapons, she says, You guys are being pretty quiet. Any thoughts on what is going on?

Brianna ignores Max when he decides that praying is the best thing to do. Maybe he's just scared and it makes him feel better, but there are more proactive things to do Brianna thinks to herself. She can't blame Max if he is scared when the voice starts talking to them. ”Here we are! Why not show yourself? Is it because that no matter what you do, we will defeat you? Since that's the case, you might as well make things right now.” Brianna does her best to appear confident and intimidating as she challenges the voice.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:20 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna shrugs at Mink when she talks about a timer, Sel talking about having more grenades and Victor's contribution to the conversation. ”I have no idea if that will work, but you can try it if it want. I think going after the source is a better bet.” Brianna is startled by the loud crack and looks up into the sky and jumps a bit. To her weapons, she says, You guys are being pretty quiet. Any thoughts on what is going on?

Brianna ignores Max when he decides that praying is the best thing to do. Maybe he's just scared and it makes him feel better, but there are more proactive things to do Brianna thinks to herself. She can't blame Max if he is scared when the voice starts talking to them. ”Here we are! Why not show yourself? Is it because that no matter what you do, we will defeat you? Since that's the case, you might as well make things right now.” Brianna does her best to appear confident and intimidating as she challenges the voice.



Looking up from his landscaping project Victor earnestly asks, "Where is the source? And can we blow that up?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:52 pm

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna shrugs at Mink when she talks about a timer, Sel talking about having more grenades and Victor's contribution to the conversation. ”I have no idea if that will work, but you can try it if it want. I think going after the source is a better bet.” Brianna is startled by the loud crack and looks up into the sky and jumps a bit. To her weapons, she says, You guys are being pretty quiet. Any thoughts on what is going on?

Brianna ignores Max when he decides that praying is the best thing to do. Maybe he's just scared and it makes him feel better, but there are more proactive things to do Brianna thinks to herself. She can't blame Max if he is scared when the voice starts talking to them. ”Here we are! Why not show yourself? Is it because that no matter what you do, we will defeat you? Since that's the case, you might as well make things right now.” Brianna does her best to appear confident and intimidating as she challenges the voice.


When Bri starts talking about going to the source, Sel confers with her as to where the source probably is, pointing out where the other obelisks most likely are in conjunction with the cold spots that Sel is able to find with the Thermal Imaging scope on her laser rifle. Plotting them out in the sand, she speaks with Bri, asking her if she thinks there is any arcane pattern, directing the dark energy in any way that would make it susceptible to disruption (Lore: Magic : General 1d100 = 33/52%).
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 44/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 83

At the hour of our death? Well that might be appropriate. he thinks as Max offers a prayer.

Ecks looks up at the giant eye and watches hopefully as Brianna issues her challenge. "So these... people... seem to be offering energy to these obelisks. I've heard that when people die they give off PPE. Could this a way to generate large quantities of PPE?" Of course he watches Quinn examining the bodies and hopes to hear something from her findings.

Victor's thought of placing explosives in the cracks isn't an all bad idea. "Sure, give it a shot Victor. Doing something is better than nothing. Brianna, do you think your daggers could affect an obelisk? They're magic afterall."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:40 pm

Perception: 65% (+25% with successful lore check = 90%)/1d100 = 92 FAIL
JIC: 1d20 = 14, 1d100 = 82
Conditions: See the Invisible 2/6 Minutes remaining; Will reactivate it when it goes down.

"So that Ley Line Storm is probably going to phase those pillars into our reality here. Why don't we set up the explosives for when they phase in, but remote detonator, and then make our way towards Mr. Gloating Face and bid him a fond greeting - with massive firepower." Having nothing else to offer, she helps Victor set the charges and then is ready to move forward, glancing to Bri for guidance. She activates her ability to hide her psionic potential and gets ready to move forward into battle.

Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 70%/1d100 = 55 - Figure out the effects of anything she sees (what can that [potential] weapon/item/effect the enemy has do precisely) PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 95%/1d100 = 86 - Figure out the effects of anything she sees (what can that [potential] weapon/item/effect the enemy has do precisely) PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%/1d100 = 60 - Figure out what the creature was, what it can do, and more importantly, how to kill it. PASS!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 1209 ;; 2 minutes have passed. (Approx 15 seconds into the storm)
Ley Line Activity: A Full Ley Line Storm Erupts.
Weather: 127*F (52*C ;; climbing) ;; Winds gusting above 90 mph, switching directions around obelisks which seem to act as fulcrums for a minor dust vortexes.
Visibility: Very poor, even optics. Sun has a black core blotched with purple, twisted and deformed from normal.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x6


Victor does note that there are no crevices in the immediate vicinity (~40 feet radius) of the obelisks, so focus blasting them using the charges and the crevices wouldn't be very effectual, though he notes that several look large enough for small vehicles. Watching the obelisks pulse in and being able to visibly see them after a moment, Victor does note that they just seem to be a type of stone. The group is able to approach the Obelisk in front of them and be on the crater floor near the roaming ashen without actually attracting any hostile reactions. The quick movement down with the group, Max falls into a prayer that while seemingly out of place seems to carry here, wherever here is. Taking a moment when they get close, Quinn gets close to the ashen who fell near the obelisk but is forced to pull back several feet as the extreme cold of being even 35 feet away from it was like being in an arctic circle for her. She is able to whether up to 33 feet away and yank an ashen further out, Naliyah running up and helping drag it ashen back as Quinn checks it. The medical professional is baffled but sure of one thing, they are absolutely humans. Twisted, distorted, disfigured and corrupted, but humans to their core. Her first incision slips, but after a couple strokes and peeling back a large blackened and sickly layer of skin reveals the same muscle tissue, ligaments and tendons she has seen throughout her life. All of the muscles, bodily fluids, even that sickly ooze the live ones seem to have is gone from the one who was in the cold, as if sucked dry.

Sel uses a burst of inspiration during the temperamental phasing of the obelisk in front of her, and her insight was at least partially correct as the first blast does visibly splash off of the obelisk, then the next several rounds are a mix of splashes across the exterior of the obelisk or going right through where it should've been like Mink's blast. Sel doesn't notice any wear and tear from her attacks though. Something unexpected happens after the second or third arc splashes across the obelisk. Victor and Ecks both see visible wear and tear, or scorch marks on the surface of the obelisks, and all of the ashen in the immediate area stop, turn and lock their eyes on Selenidaria, who doesn't notice during her volleys. They both see the Ashen begin to slowly stumble into a slow run towards Sel. The Ashen, while clumsy, are still numerous around them.

When Bri questions the silence of her weapons, only Mesi immediately responds. They are charging up. A servant to my lord once had one in their possession. It was deemed too dangerous and destroyed. They are stone that imbued with negation magic, and they act as death spots. Killing those with their extreme cold and feeding on the magicks of their death. They are protected by magics more powerful than I understand, that guard them while inactive or passive, as your friend saw. One of them acts as a hub or focus for the entire obelisk system, they all look the same... and are all just stone, strong stone, but stone none the less. The Sorceress would always be near the main one, though. From Maia, Bri only feel an extreme uneasiness as they approach. Gripping her courage, Bri glances at her crew and sees a couple of them glancing at her for guidance, taking that she yells a taunting jab at the faceless voice speaking from afar and is met with silence. Victor's passing thought of blowing up the source strikes a cord with Bri at the thought of destroying just one, primary obelisk instead of all of them, as Mesi seems to imply. The pattern that Mink identified from earlier may lead to such a central obelisk, though as Sel finishes her final splash the Obelisk becomes more visible as the winds of the storm begin to pick up.

True to the senses, within seconds the Storm erupted down the Ley Line. The reddish skies darken to a foggish black, with only the purplish blotted star to seem a dark eye in the sky. The winds gust viciously in different directions as everyone can witness several different bolts of ley line energy striking the obelisks like lightning rods. Each bolt causes the obelisks to send out a small pulse of magical energies, attracting more bolts towards the Obelisks. The winds viciously whiplash at double, triple, quadruple the speeds of a normal storm with near visible fulcrums forming around the obelisks as they fully manifest under the duress of the bolts of ley line energy. The dark shade of red and black with spiraling pillars give an ominous feel to all who see it now with the naked eyes. The scorch marks are visible on its side as the winds begins to increase. The ashen nearest the obelisks are thrown out and away several dozen feet, leaving the known cold spots as the fulcrums. Several bolts of ley line energy can be seen striking different parts of the crater other than the obelisks, and Sel specifically feels her gut wretch as she feels the magical displacement from the storm. Mink isn't able to immediately identify it either, but she's pretty sure she has encountered phasing technology before and what the Obelisks was doing seemed to be similar; if connected to a storm, it's likely they become phased out after a storm. Shockingly, everyone around notices that, while just standing there the storm is no threat to them as of right now. The random ley line bolts being drawn to the obelisks and the wind speeds alone seem to knock down most of the ashen.

As Max finishes his prayer, contrary to proven and popular belief it once again seems to be answered in a manner of speaking as from afar, through the overcast shadows and chaotic eruptions of the Ley Line is a beacon of white light coming from the other side of the crater. The group quickly identifies the Ariel that brought Naliyah to them dodging several bolts of ley line energies before one strikes her right shoulder, causing her entry to be less graceful as she collides with the group and several of the approaching ashen, crushing them and slowly standing. Her right wing looks shattered or broken. The ariel looks over to Bri and the rest, "You pissed them off. They aren't as powerful as they claim to be and you making it this far caught them a bit off guard. This ritual that they are doing right now will give them the power they need to kill a god. It isn't completed yet though. The Sorceress has aligned herself with a demon, that is the voice we are hearing. These obelisks collect Ley Line Storm Energies, can harness the destructive powers and turn it into a focus, among other not so good things. These Ashen, the only way to save them is to kill them or the Sorceress." she states, and after a brief pause and the rolling of her right shoulder she sighs and adds, "They know were here but aren't willing to risk a confrontation until they are ready. They can't control the ashen directly either. They will defend the obelisks for whatever reason but beyond that they are mindless." To Max, the faithful, she places her right hand on his shoulder, towering over the battle cat and not hiding her shattered right wing as she smiles. "Even in the face of the greatest adversity, those who believe they can succeed, will."

She looks to the group, "I will handle the demon, but you and yours must contend with the Sorceress. We must get to the other side of the crater, and these ashen will likely attack us along the way now that their obelisks have been damaged. They aren't a threat so long as we avoid being swarmed."

Those not wearing a type of powered armor must roll a strike check with just P.S. modifier to avoid falling over during the initial gusts of wind.

What're you doing?
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 95% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 19
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 18 (+3 more vs. robots & PA)

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 21 (+8 more vs. robots & PA) (IGNORE, Bonus was incorrect)

Seeing the once despondent ash creatures begin to move aggressively towards Sel, Victor keys his radio, "Sel! Behind you! Get out of there!". At the same time he drops the charges in his hands and sights in his ion pulse rifle on the ash creatures already closest to Sel. He fires, short controlled bursts on one until it goes down then moves on to the next target. He moves steadily forward while firing, closing the distance between himself and the elf. Out of ideas himself, Victor asks for his leaders guidance, "Ecks, you need to make a decision here, are we trying to knock these pillars down or are we gonna look for the mage Angel was talking about?".


Action #1: Warn Sel over the radio and ready his NG-IP7.
Action #2: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 23, Damage: 1d4 = 3x10=30
Action #3: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 10, Damage: 1d4 = 1x10=10
Action #4: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 12, Damage: 1d4 = 1x10=10
Action #5: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 22, Damage: 1d4 = 2x10=20
Action #6: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 16, Damage: 1d4 = 4x10=40
Action #7: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 12, Damage: 1d4 = 4x10=40
Action #8: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 11, Damage: 1d4 = 1x10=10
Action #9: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 24, Damage: 1d4 = 4x10=40
Action #10: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 17, Damage: 1d4 = 2x10=20

Auto dodge #1: 1d20+10 = 16
Auto dodge #2: 1d20+10 = 18
Auto dodge #3: 1d20+10 = 11
Auto dodge #4: 1d20+10 = 23
Auto dodge #5: 1d20+10 = 27
Auto dodge #6: 1d20+10 = 26
Auto dodge #7: 1d20+10 = 15
Auto dodge #8: 1d20+10 = 25
Auto Dodge #9: 1d20+10 = 11
Auto Dodge #10: 1d20+10 = 25

{Skill Rolls & Combat Notes}
Fired 27 total shots from the NG-IP7, 3 shots left.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 82

The Ariel's return is comforting though her condition is concerning. Victor asks for direction to which Ecks replies, "I see no reason to focus on another other than this sorceress. Apparently she should be near the main obelisk. So we need to head for the other side of the crater.

Ecks picks a route to make for the other side of the crater. He asks Sel and Naliyah, "Either of you don't happen to have magic to help us move faster do you?"
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 13/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 18/1d20 = 20
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: See the Invisible 200' for 6 minutes (ends after 12:13, one minute left)
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 13

Victor Singer wrote:Seeing the once despondent ash creatures begin to move aggressively towards Sel, Victor keys his radio, "Sel! Behind you! Get out of there!". At the same time he drops the charges in his hands and sights in his ion pulse rifle on the ash creatures already closest to Sel. He fires, short controlled bursts on one until it goes down then moves on to the next target. He moves steadily forward while firing, closing the distance between himself and the elf. Out of ideas himself, Victor asks for his leaders guidance, "Ecks, you need to make a decision here, are we trying to knock these pillars down or are we gonna look for the mage Angel was talking about?".


Sel is observing the aftereffects of her magical strikes when Victor brings to her attention that she is about to be overrun by the Ashen. She's about to put some more distance between her and the oncoming horde when she realizes that she never reattached her grenade case. Blast it! Why in the hells didn't I think to do this after I initially inventoried my grenade rounds remaining? Sel silently berates herself. She finds the largest cluster of the Ashen and fires a three round volley of fragmentation grenades into them, then finds the next largest group of them and fire another three round volley of grenades, this time firing the Plasma Grenades. Once her Thumper Dual Assault Rifle runs empty of grenades, Sel starts taking shots at the Ashen with her CV-212, all the while moving away from the horde. When the angel says that the only way to save the Ashen is to either kill them or the Sorceress, Sel says "Will you take us to the bitch so we can lay her out like a cheap Dwarven rug?"

Initiative:
Action 1: Grabbing Grenade case
Action 2: Reattaching Grenade case
Action 3: 3-Round Frag Grenade volley 1d20+4 = 10 Damage 1d4*10 = 20 + 3 MD = 23 (-3 Frag Grenades)
Action 4: 3-Round Plasma Grenade volley 1d20+4 = 12 Damage 1d4*10 = 30 + 3 MD = 33 (-3 Plasma Grenades)
Action 5: CV-212 single heavy shot at weakest looking Ashen 1d20+5 = 18 Damage 4d6 = 16 MD + 2d6 = 8 MD = 26 MD
Action 6: CV-212 single heavy shot at weakest looking Ashen 1d20+5 = 8 Damage 4d6 = 16 MD (Strike 6)
Action 7: CV-212 single heavy shot at weakest looking Ashen 1d20+5 = 24 Damage 4d6 = 17 MD + 2d6 = 6 MD = 30 MD
Action 8: CV-212 single heavy shot at weakest looking Ashen 1d20+5 = 7 Damage 4d6 = 11 MD (Strike 5)

Parry as needed: 1d20+5 = 18, 1d20+5 = 22, 1d20+5 = 19, 1d20+5 = 15, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 13, 1d20+5 = 10

CV-212 -12 shots

Edit: I didn't realize until after I had posted that I used my full strike bonus for Energy Rifles instead of the Burst Strike Bonus, which means the second and fourth shots from my laser rifle would fail to hit. I also didn't realize that the damage for the gun I was referencing had been changed in later printings, which means I have to add some damage to the two that can hit if my target's don't dodge.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Next

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest