Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 23 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 91

See the invisible – duration: 9 minutes

1d10 = 4

Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC - activated

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 94/102 (x6)

Victor asks for direction to which Ecks replies, "I see no reason to focus on another other than this sorceress. Apparently she should be near the main obelisk. So we need to head for the other side of the crater.”


Brianna nods at Ecks. “I agree. I've been feeling a pull to the other side of the crater ever since we got here. That must be where the source is. ” Brianna shakes her head. ”I don't know if we can blow it up, but from what Mesi tells me, if we take down the sorceress, we may be able to destroy the primary obelisk and end this.” As she finishes, Brianna reactivates her see the invisible ability, not wanting to lose sight of anything important. (See the invisible, 4 ISP, duration 8 minutes).
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:40 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 94
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 75
Conditions: See the Invisible 4/6 Minutes remaining; Will reactivate it when it goes down

Victor Singer wrote:"Ecks, you need to make a decision here, are we trying to knock these pillars down or are we gonna look for the mage Angel was talking about?".
Selenidaria wrote:Sel says "Will you take us to the bitch so we can lay her out like a cheap Dwarven rug?"
Ecks wrote:"I see no reason to focus on another other than this sorceress. Apparently she should be near the main obelisk. So we need to head for the other side of the crater.
"Either of you don't happen to have magic to help us move faster do you?"
Brianna Clarke wrote:“I agree. I've been feeling a pull to the other side of the crater ever since we got here. That must be where the source is. ” Brianna shakes her head. ”I don't know if we can blow it up, but from what Mesi tells me, if we take down the sorceress, we may be able to destroy the primary obelisk and end this.”

"Sounds good to me. I got plenty of ordinance and a scythe and some claws just waiting for this chick. Let's go save a goddess." The absurdity of that statement amused the intelligence agent that was locked away inside Mink. She can't help but have a slight grin on her face - unseen as it is by anyone and everyone thanks to the featureless faceplate of her power armor. Still when the group moves, so does she. She uses her forearm blaster to take care of any interlopers.

Contingency: If the Ashen prove to be something more than a nuisance
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 22
Attack 1: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 10, 1d6*10 = 40 M.D.
Attack 2: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 19, 1d6*10 = 60 M.D.
Attack 3: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 8, 1d6*10 = 10 M.D.
Attack 4: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 16, 1d6*10 = 60 M.D.
Attack 5: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 14, 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
Attack 6: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 19, 1d6*10 = 50 M.D.
Attack 7: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 22, 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
Attack 8: FIWS Particle Beam: 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT 20!), 1d6*10 = 50x2=100 M.D.

Autododges 1d20+4 = 24 (NAT 20!); 1d20+4 = 11; 1d20+4 = 5 (Nat 1!); 1d20+4 = 13; 1d20+4 = 8; 1d20+4 = 17; 1d20+4 = 9; 1d20+4 = 16;
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:05 am

Perception: 1d100 = 24 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 94
Conditions: none

"Well at least we know they're at least human or once were." Quinn says while dusting off herself off. She looks up just in time to see the ley line storm rolls through. The ominous sight puts a sinking feeling deep in her stomach. The winds thrash and whip all around. A few times they cause Quinn to stagger. One is eventually successful, she falls hard with a thud. Oof. Damn it. Fuck this storm. We need to find shelter and fast. Once again Quinn picks herself off the ground. After she becomes erect and composes herself, she listens to the plan that's formulating. "That sounds like a plan. Anything other than here. We need to find some shelter from this storm. If all of this is caused by one person, by all means, lead the way so we can end this outright and go home." Quinn pulls out her pistol when she notices the others firing at the ashen as they approach. She will wait for then other before she starts to follow them to the far side of the crater.

Combat Post
Initiative: 1d20 = 10
APM: 4

Action 1: Shoot Ashen if they get too close. Strike:1d20+2 = 11, Damage:2d4 = 7
Action 2:Shoot Ashen if they get too close. Strike:1d20+2 = 6, Damage:2d4 = 5
Action 3:Shoot Ashen if they get too close. Strike:1d20+2 = 22 (Crit, Nat 20!), Damage:2d4 = 5 *2=10
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20 = 11

Parries: 1d20+3 = 17, 1d20+3 = 21, 1d20+3 = 11, 1d20+3 = 15
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:49 am

Combat Post Conditions wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:09:45 ;;
Round: 1


Ley Line Activity: A Full Ley Line Storm Erupts. Ambient PPE is supercharged and doubled, though runs the risk of drawing ley line bolts.
Weather: Incredible wind vortex's around the Obelisks cause horrific cross winds, blowing lose rocks and un-prepared individuals to the ground. The temperature is spiking between -20*C and 80*C.
Visibility: Very poor, even optics. Ley Line Storm makes any sensory readings or computer equipment only give partial readings at best.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x6


The Ariel nods in agreement with Ecks' assessment of focusing on the Sorceress as Victor opens up on some Ashen that had gotten within 15 feet from Sel. Victor notices that it takes between one to three shots to disintegrate an Ashen, their bodies crumbling. Sel also watches the magical energies released at the death of the Ashen be pulled into the nearest Obelisk which is about 40 feet away, and shortly after the magical energy was gathered, a bolt of energy strike the Obelisk like a lightning rod; the Obelisk does not take any visible damage from the bolt.

When Ecks comments on magical aid, Naliyah, the lioness's face lights up with a smile and with something she can contribute and responds. "I can! I can give anyone who wants it the ability to FLY!" She says with a toothy grin, her eyes sly before continuing "It's also armor!" she pauses and then adds "The storm will mess up any teleportation spells..." She finishes with a weaker smile. The Lioness will then cast Cosmic Armor on anyone who accepts the offer.
Cosmic Armor
Lucky this is the only spell like that Nali had, flying AoI with no visible restrictions based on existing armor. If you choose to accept Cosmic Armor, you may before your official combat post with it active and not use an action for it acquisition.
Code: Select all
[b]Range[/b]: Self, or one other by touch.
[b]Duration[/b]: 40 minutes.
[b]M.D.C.[/b]: 200 M.D.C.
[b]Saving Throw[/b]: Standard for unwilling recipients.
[b]P.P.E.[/b]: Forty-Five
Cosmic Armor is as close as one comes to a magic, armored combat spacesuit. It appears as a form fitting suit of EBA body armor that covers the wearer from head to toe in what looks to be a silver or chrome colored, metallic material with a faint blue tint to it. The head is covered in an ornate, chrome helmet with a tinted, polarized visor, and the entire armor resembles something akin to a Cosmo-Knight.
Cosmic Armor is an enhanced version of Armor of Ithan that also provides complete protection from all the negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) as well as provides basic flight capabilities.
Features of Cosmic Armor:
• The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
• Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
• Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One (half in an atmosphere, ~375mph)
• Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience!
• Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
• Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
[color=#FF0000]Limitations: Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere. The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.[/color]


As Naliyah finishes her comment, several large explosions are heard as Sel fires several volleys of grenades near the approaching ashen. The frag grenades have a similar effect to Victor's shots, though the Plasma grenades seem to leave behind small piles of what magma that sink and cool into the ground. Quinn feels slightly perturbed at their destruction only because she is positive they were or are humans of some form, corrupted but still. Her hesitation doesn't last as one Ashen survives Sel and Victor's repression efforts and nearly reaches Sel who, for some reason, is still the main focus of the Ashen. Quinn's medical precision comes in handy as she lines up a perfect shot on the Ashen's skull and it drops to the ground, Sel notices that unlike the others, this one doesn't immediately crumble.

While deliberating, Mink is standing near the Ariel and Ecks, relatively near the center of the group and taking a few pop shots at Ashen who survive Sel's volley. After her second shot, Mink's sixth sense directly triggers as she feels her gut wretch and twist. Acting on instinct, the intelligence operative performs a practiced and impressive evasion (Mink: you can describe dodge w/ nat20 initial dodge) as from nowhere, a halberd-like weapon easily thirteen feet tall collides with the position Mink had been standing in. Everyone can see and feel the impact of this Halberd and Bri feels a horrible feeling that a great evil is approaching. He's here. The tug Bri feels is still towards the far side of the crater.

Looking on towards the other side of the crater, there seems to be an eruption of fire as a large shadowed figure, standing half the height of the Obelisks and followed by a trail of flames approaches, nearly half a mile out. When Mink, or anyone, look back at the Halberd, they notice it to be gone and suddenly, that same voice erupts from around them.

"Handle Me?! You disrespectful little parrot! You and your pathetic slaves, I shall see all of your bodies turned inside out and scattered across the ages!" It bellows, and while seeming to be around the group, the force of the voice comes from the approaching silhouette. (Everyone must make a Horror Factor Check unless immune.)

The Ariel glances back at the team with a half smile. "This fight is mine. Get to the Sorceress, good luck." Alyssa responds softly. She turns to Max the faithful and places a hand on his shoulder. "Stay strong, no matter what." Max gets a sickening feeling that the Ariel may be willingly heading to her death based on her tone.

In a manner of seconds, the Ariel blasts off staying close to the ground. The group can hear a near sonic boom from her as her wings lock and she propels forward. The sheer speed at her charge catching the entire group off guard as they finally get a taste of what an Ariel Spirit actually is, her concussive force cleaving a path through countless Ashen who can't even stand in the Ariel's presence.

From this distance, the group can see an eruption of white and golden light followed by an overpowering of red and black smoke that almost immediately seems to snuff out the white light. A couple seconds later, there seems to be a large tremor and the black smoke erupts in a plum of concussive force that clears it out and Alyssa seems to be, at least for the moment, pushing this large demon back. Too far to properly identify the demon, Sel can determine it appears to be a Great Demon or Demon Lord, and Mink is almost positive she has seen the silhouette-type before in a briefing or maybe in the field.

There are countless Ashen closing in from around the group, though Alyssa, Sel, Victor and Mink took care of all the ones in the immediate vicinity. The Obelisks are pulsing with magic, fully visible. No identifiable marks on them to discern which may be the main one, though the other side of the crater is likely. Anyone who choose to accept Cosmic Armor, state doing so in your post but don't take an action for it, see OOC tab. I actually found a map that represents the idea I am going for, need to do some editing to match but will have that up on Saturday (maybe tonight if you're lucky)

Butcher's Bill
  • Ecks
  • Brianna:
  • Mink:
  • Selenidaria:
  • Victor:
  • Maxamillian:
  • Quinn:


COMBAT POST INTENTIONS
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Max will accept cosmic armour
Perception: 1d100 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 77
Perception: 34%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22 +3
horror factor save 1d20 = 4+4

Max stops praying as Victor hands him demolitions. Max has never handled these before and recoils at them briefly and them secures them until needed. He also puts his rosary away and tries to look for something else constructive to do until he sees the angel appear. Thank you god. Tell my mom I said hello.

He stands tall as the angel approaches and his headache slows to a dull throb.
"Bless you for your help. We got this."
He feels sorry for the Ariel for moment but agrees win or loose the angel will return to Heaven. This strengthens his resolve. He follows the group toward the other side of the crater firing at the ashen that get close enough to hit.

Action #1: Attack ashen 1d20 = 8+7 = 2d4 = 7 MD
Action #2: Attack ashen 1d20 = 4+7 = 2d4 = 3 MD
Action #3: Attack ashen 1d20 = 18+7 = 2d4 = 5 MD
Action #4: Attack ashen 1d20 = 12+7 = 2d4 = 2 MD
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 99
Conditions: none

Naliyah wrote:"I can! I can give anyone who wants it the ability to FLY!" She says with a toothy grin, her eyes sly before continuing "It's also armor!"


Fly? With all this lightning popping off? Two words comes to mind. Bug Zapper. Oh, wait, armor too? That's changes things. Quinn turns to the lioness and give her a disapproving look. "Y oil u should have started with the armor point first. I almost ignored you. I'll take all the protection I can have." Quinn accepts Aaliyah's offer for magical aid.

Underguard wrote:"Handle Me?! You disrespectful little parrot! You and your pathetic slaves, I shall see all of your bodies turned inside out and scattered across the ages!"


Save versus Horror Factor Roll
1d20 = 4


Quinn looks over at the fiery figure about the same time as it booming voice booms through the area. With all the horror in the last few minutes that see has witnessed, Quinn's heart stops and her nervous system doesn't seem to respond to her synapses firing. Even her mind freezes. Motionless, she stares transfixed, like a moth drawn to the flame. Quinn is shaken back and everything thinks to rush into time, like a computer game's lag catching everything up, when Alssya takes off to engage the shadowy figure. Is this what combat medic go through everyday? Glad I didn't take that field. What a way to pop someone's cherry. If I can gnarled this I should be able to handle almost anything when we get back home. Good thing it's her taking in that thing.

Quinn turns back to the rest of the group. A determined look on her face. She looks around for any incoming ashen. "Let's hurry up. No offense, Sel but let's take out this spell slinger and go home." Quinn starts to move in the direction the believe the threat is coming from. Keeping a steady hand and only taking precices shots and only when needed as to not draw too much attention on herself.

Combat Post
Initiative: 1d20 = 7
APM: 4

Action 1 and 2: Aimed shot at an Ashen's head if they get too close. Strike:1d200+5 = 59oops!1d20+5 = 18, Damage:2d4 = 4
Action 3:Shoot Ashen if they get too close. Strike:1d20+2 = 7, Damage:2d4 = 3
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20 = 18

Parries: 1d20+3 = 22, 1d20+3 = 14, 1d20+3 = 20, 1d20+3 = 16
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:22 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 43/1d20 = 4
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Other: See the Invisible 200' for 6 minutes (ends after 12:13, 3 minutes 15 seconds remaining)
Save vs. HF: 1d20+2 = 17
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 16

"I will happily take that magical protection, I just don't know if my power armor will interfere with it." Sel tells the cat like D-Bee. As Sel is moving at a steady pace while shooting at the ashen, she speaks on the radio saying "I say we review what we know about these obelisks. We know that they are normally out of phase, but become tangible in the presence of a ley line storm. They act like a lightning rod for the ley line storms and for when one of the ashen are killed, directing their energies into them. Speaking of the ashen, according to the good doctor the ashen are humans who have been corrupted. According to the Ariel, the only way to save them is to either kill them, which would cause their energies to be directed into the obelisks as I just stated. Finally, all of the ashen are now trying to attack me because I have attacked an obelisk."

Action 1: Aim at an Ashen
Action 2: Shoot a three shot burst at an ashen 1d20+7 = 15 Damage 6d6 = 25 MD
Action 3: Aim at an Ashen
Action 4: Shoot a three shot burst at an ashen 1d20+7 = 8 Damage 6d6 = 23 MD
Action 5: Aim at an Ashen
Action 6: Shoot a three shot burst at an ashen 1d20+7 = 12 Damage 6d6 = 15 MD
Action 7: Aim at an Ashen
Action 8: Shoot a three shot burst at an ashen 1d20+7 = 24 Damage 6d6 = 17 MD

Parry: 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 17, 1d20+5 = 7, 1d20+5 = 10, 1d20+5 = 6, 1d20+5 = 9, 1d20+5 = 8, 1d20+5 = 16.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:57 pm

Perception: 86%/1d100 = 49 PASS!
JIC: 1d100 = 17, 1d20 = 10
Save vs HF: 1d20 = 12+2=14 FAIL!

Conditions: See the Invisible 1:30/6 minutes remaining.
Cosmic Armor
Lucky this is the only spell like that Nali had, flying AoI with no visible restrictions based on existing armor. If you choose to accept Cosmic Armor, you may before your official combat post with it active and not use an action for it acquisition.
Range: Self, or one other by touch.
Duration: 40 minutes.
M.D.C.: 200 M.D.C.
Saving Throw: Standard for unwilling recipients.
P.P.E.: Forty-Five
Cosmic Armor is as close as one comes to a magic, armored combat spacesuit. It appears as a form fitting suit of EBA body armor that covers the wearer from head to toe in what looks to be a silver or chrome colored, metallic material with a faint blue tint to it. The head is covered in an ornate, chrome helmet with a tinted, polarized visor, and the entire armor resembles something akin to a Cosmo-Knight.
Cosmic Armor is an enhanced version of Armor of Ithan that also provides complete protection from all the negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) as well as provides basic flight capabilities.
Features of Cosmic Armor:
• The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
• Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
• Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One (half in an atmosphere, ~375mph)
• Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience!
• Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
• Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Limitations: Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere. The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%/1d100 = 19 - WTF is that Demon??
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 95%/1d100 = 97 - Whoa, what is that psionic effect? *any I see out of the ordinary as already established in the scene*
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 70%/1d100 = 43 - Whoa, what is that magical effect? *any I see out of the ordinary as already established in the scene*

Mink graciously accepts the spell from the talking cat alien and marvels at the protection it offers. 'I still say we need to get our own force of military trained magic users. They are an incredible force multiplier.' And then it comes...

Her perception of time freezes as the warning bells in her mind go off. Kicking up and into a backwards flip, her head missing the blade of the halberd by mere inches, Mink actually connects with the haft of the weapon and a burst from her new flying ability propels her forward. In a practiced manner, she twists herself into a second flip and lands in a three point stance, her forearm integrated weapon at the ready, pointed at the interloper. The chronometer registers only one second having past, though it was hardly counting the microseconds that make up a second. But little did she know any composure she had was about to leave her.

Part of her training is learning how to deal with the unknown, the unknowable. Indeed a large part of her training is reducing the human's natural fear response and channeling it. You channel fear into hyperawareness. You immediately spot threats, exits, surveillance, and more. Every fiber of one's being is focused on forcing that completely rational response to fear that says 'run away!' Even her natural precognitive abilities help her to maintain discipline and awareness. The flawless evasion she'd just executed was evidence of that. As a member of the NGR military intelligence forces, she has faced off against demons, mages, gargoyles, and brodkil; Even the horrific brodkil the Angel of Death sends out, modified with cybernetics and Mind over Matter implants. She has seen briefings of the literal demons of Hell and Dyval - Demons and Deevils as they are called.

But seeing something like this, in the middle of this raging storm, with the mutated and understated horror of the Ashen, seeing this being of red and black smoke, seething with a hatred of the living and the heroic - it's simply too much. She freezes in fear. Taken aback by sheer presence of their angelic ally's foe, she almost misses the ariel becoming a living missile of holy light. Almost. Swallowing and knowing she has a job to do, she slowly stands.

Ironically it is hearing Sel over the radio that brings her back into focus. "What was the other way of saving the Ashen? Defeating our foe? To that end, we must away. We should have the speed to leave these sad things behind. Stay low as we go though - no more than ten feet up. No need getting nailed by flying debris. Any other preparations we need to do, let's do them quickly."

Combat Actions
Combat Actions
Initiative: Lost due to HF Failure
Action 1: Lost due to HF Failure
Condition: If an Ashen goes to impede or attack them, or if any other combatant gets in the way, initiate combat until we either withdraw or defeat them. Also if we see the sorceress, I'll start shooting at her!
Action 2: Strike: 1d20+6 = 16; 1d6*10 = 50 MD
Action 3: Strike: 1d20+6 = 18; 1d6*10 = 40 MD
Action 4: Strike: 1d20+6 = 14; 1d6*10 = 10 MD
Action 5: Strike: 1d20+6 = 19; 1d6*10 = 20 MD
Action 6: Strike: 1d20+6 = 9; 1d6*10 = 50 MD
Action 7: Strike: 1d20+6 = 23; 1d6*10 = 50 MD
Action 8: Strike: 1d20+6 = 16; 1d6*10 = 30 MD

Autododge: 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 24 NAT 20!, 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 15, 1d20+4 = 10, 1d20+4 = 8
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Mink wrote:Ironically it is hearing Sel over the radio that brings her back into focus. "What was the other way of saving the Ashen? Defeating our foe? To that end, we must away. We should have the speed to leave these sad things behind. Stay low as we go though - no more than ten feet up. No need getting nailed by flying debris. Any other preparations we need to do, let's do them quickly."


"Oh yeah, I got on a tangent and forgot to mention that, thanks!" Sel cheerfully replied to Mink.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 3, 1d100 = 42
Initiative: 1d20 = 20
APM: 5

See the invisible – duration: 9 minutes

1d10 = 9

Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour – duration: 40 minutes, MDC: 200

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 94/102 (x6)

Brianna smiles in surprise when Naliyah tells the group that she can give them the ability to fly and that it's armour as well. Despite everything going on, Brianna can't help but exclaim, ”That sounds awesome! I definitely want to give that a try!”

The Ariel glances back at the team with a half smile. "This fight is mine. Get to the Sorceress, good luck." Alyssa responds softly.


Brianna returns the half smile and says softly, ”Thank you.” When Mink says they need to leave, Brianna can't help but think We must away? That was a weird way to say it. All she says out loud is ”Yes, we need to get to the other side of the crater as quickly as we can.” Having never flown on her own before, Brianna listens to Mink's instructions carefully, not wanting to get hit by flying debris. As they prepare to leave, Brianna takes out Maia and attacks any ashen with it that try to attack her.

Actions
1. strike at ashen with Maia Strike: 1d20+2 = 7, damage if hit: 4d6 = 13
2. strike at ashen with Maia Strike: 1d20+2 = 20, damage if hit: 4d6 = 13
3. strike at ashen with Maia Strike: 1d20+2 = 10, damage if hit: 4d6 = 19
4. talk with others and prepare to fly across crater
5. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 21

auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+3 = 5
1d20+3 = 22
1d20+3 = 21
1d20+3 = 23
1d20+3 = 16
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 45% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 75
Save vs, HF: 1d20+4 = 5
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 12 (+3 more vs. robots & PA)

Ecks wrote:The Ariel's return is comforting though her condition is concerning. Victor asks for direction to which Ecks replies, "I see no reason to focus on another other than this sorceress. Apparently she should be near the main obelisk. So we need to head for the other side of the crater.

Ecks picks a route to make for the other side of the crater. He asks Sel and Naliyah, "Either of you don't happen to have magic to help us move faster do you?"


With the immediate vicinity cleared Victor glances down at his rifle and noting that it is down to the last couple shots, he dumps the empty E-clip and slots in a new one, checking that the rifle is fully charged once more. Victor looks in the direction Ecks indicates, "Roger that, moving to the opposite side of the crater.". When he is offered magical protection moments later he pauses only briefly to accept, "Sure, anything to help at this point.". He glances over at Max, flicking a hand at the fusion blocks in his hand, "Stay close to me, I think we're still gonna' need those.", he stoops and slings the bag with the rest over his shoulder before moving as quickly as this magic spell will allow him to the other side of the crater.

Victor isn't used to high altitude flight for the most part and since he isn't sure how this spell works, he keeps himself about 50 feet off the ground unless the terrain dictates otherwise. He keeps an eye on the ashen, if any of them make a move towards him or anyone in the squad he fires a burst of rounds into the offender, but keeps moving.

Action #1: Change E-clip & Speaks
Action #2: Picking up explosives bag & Speaks.
Action #3: Taking off and getting used to magic flying, lol.
Action #4: Moving and shooting if needed. Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 9, Damage: 1d4 = 4 x10= 40 M.D.
Action #5: Moving and shooting if needed. Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 19, Damage: 1d4 = 4 x10= 40 M.D.
Action #6: Moving and shooting if needed. Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 10, Damage: 1d4 = 3 x10= 30 M.D.
Action #7: Moving and shooting if needed. Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 16, Damage: 1d4 = 4 x10= 40 M.D.
Action #8: Moving and shooting if needed. Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 14, Damage: 1d4 = 4 x10= 40 M.D.
Action #9: Moving and shooting if needed. Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 8, Damage: 1d4 = 1 x10= 10 M.D.
Action #10: Moving and shooting if needed. Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire; Strike: 1d20+6 = 8, Damage: 1d4 = 1 x10= 10 M.D.


Auto dodge #1: 1d20+10 = 16
Auto dodge #2: 1d20+10 = 14
Auto dodge #3: 1d20+10 = 12
Auto dodge #4: 1d20+10 = 11
Auto dodge #5: 1d20+10 = 27
Auto dodge #6: 1d20+10 = 25
Auto dodge #7: 1d20+10 = 26
Auto dodge #8: 1d20+10 = 19
Auto Dodge #9: 1d20+10 = 21
Auto Dodge #10: 1d20+10 = 15


{Skill Rolls}
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Combat Post Conditions wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:10:00;;
Round: 2


Ley Line Activity: A Full Ley Line Storm Erupts. Ambient PPE is supercharged and doubled, though runs the risk of drawing ley line bolts.
Weather: Incredible wind vortex's around the Obelisks cause horrific cross winds, blowing lose rocks and un-prepared individuals to the ground. The temperature is spiking between -20*C and 80*C.
Visibility: Very poor, even optics. Ley Line Storm makes any sensory readings or computer equipment only give partial readings at best.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x6


For the first couple of seconds, everyone except for Selenidaria seem to freeze as they lay eyes on the silhouette of the demon. Sel is able to notice during the seering charge of the Ariel that the demon parries her initial attack with the Halberd that was recently nearly impaled Mink. Her magical sense also feels its runic origins, though the rest seems to be clouded. Brianna also feels her grip on Maia tighten as she hears her sword speak to her in a subdued voice. The Sorceress likely has a runic item as well... best identify and disarm her of it immediately.

The group is able to take a paw from Naliyah who grants them all magical flight and, following Mink's suggesting, fly roughly ten feet from the ground. During the flight, Max notices that the Ashen below are becoming far more aggressive and mobile below them. Mink also notices the aggression as she nearly manages to maneuver out of the path of an Ashen who leaps through the air attempting to bring her to the ground. Brianna feels a strong grip latch onto her heel and glances down at the Ashen attempting to pull her down, though she is quickly able to cut it off with a swift cut and parry of Maia. As the Ashen lurches past Mink, Quinn is able to get a good shot at its head and watch it fall down below. Max notices then that the Ashen below rip apart the now dead Ashen as if it were food to be fed to a pack and the Battle Cat feels the chill down his spine that these are no longer harmless and passive. Ecks, Sel, Victor, Mink and Max make short work of the Ashen that approach, with Naliyah sending off a Lighting bolt to a couple ashen that nearly jumped Quinn after her shot shot.

There is a loud crack a few seconds later and as the group glances back they notice the demon and Ariel have taken to the skies above the crater, half-way up to the Ley Line as Ley Line Bolts seem to clash against unseen barriers defending the two battling titans. It is then that Mink finally identifies this demon to be a Baal-rog. Though, this Baal-rog seems different than the others, it stands several feet taller than the recorded average and suspected maximum height, wears a dark demonic looking plate armor and seems to control a horde; placing him in the Demon Lord Category for the Horde alone, Mink can safely assume this Baal-rog is also stronger than most.

Taking heed to the Ariel's words, they continue on towards the other side of the crater and Brianna feels a sickening tugg from near the end. As they get closer, the group sees the peaks are volcanoes with a large platform area between them, several hundred feet up from the craters surface. Naliyah looks over to the group I sense something very vile up there. We should proceed with caution...

As the group gets closer, they notice seven Obelisks in a hexagonal shape with one easily visible in the center. There doesn't seem to be any movement on the platform. Victor notices that none of the seven Obelisks seem to be giving off a cold spot like the ones down below.

For record, Cosmic Armor allows you to move approximately 370 MPH in atmo, which is 542 FPS, which translates to roughly 8,100 Feet per Melee Round (15seconds) -- Cosmic Armor lets you cover most if not all of the distance in this last round. No changes to Butchers Bill -- The Ariel is combating behind you above. There is no immediate sign of the sorceress.

Crater Map
AAPS Crater.png

Legend: Yellow Star is the Ariel
Red Star is the Demon
Blow Spots are the Cold Spots and Obelisks
Green represents the ashen horde and implies there is a countless number of them.
Blue diamond is AAPS
Blue dotted line is plotted walking path
Black Line is Cosmic Armor flight path.


Butcher's Bill
  • Ecks
  • Brianna:
  • Mink:
  • Selenidaria:
  • Victor:
  • Maxamillian:
  • Quinn:


COMBAT POST INTENTIONS: ROUND 2
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:09 am

Perception 1d100 = 89/85%
JIC 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 81
Initiative 1d20+1 = 12

Ecks glides along at speed with everyone. As they approach the platform, Ecks pauses in flight. "Is anyone seeing anything? Keep eyes alert."

The operator glides slowly towards the platform. "Brianna, are you getting anything from your weapons?". Ecks activates his targeting reticle in anticipation of combat.

IF anyone is able to spot anything, he will wait for the details before moving any further.

IF nothing is spotted by anyone he will continue to the platform. If I via

OOC Comments
APM:9
1 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 16, damage 5d6+5 = 22
2 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 26, damage 5d6+5 = 19
3 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 21, damage 5d6+5 = 27
4 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 21, damage 5d6+5 = 17
5 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 10, damage 5d6+5 = 22
6 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 22, damage 5d6+5 = 21
7 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 18, damage 5d6+5 = 27
8 Reserved for dodge 1d20+7 = 10
9 Reserved for dodge 1d20+7 = 9

a few parries if needed. 1d20+7 = 23,1d20+7 = 17,1d20+7 = 20,1d20+7 = 21,1d20+7 = 21
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 78
Perception: 34%

Max has flown a lot in his life. Since he first found himself in an airplanes cockpit he has been in love with flying. This, however, is the first time he actually has flown. Like a bird. No plane, no nothing. Just flown. He was about to get carried away and off task when he saw the Ariel and the demon above clash in epic battle. He turned to the direction of the objective and gave it full throttle.
As he approached the platform and the center obelisk, he felt justified in preparing a fusion block and heading quickly to it.
"Everyone stand clear. Im gonna end this."
Max attaches the demolitions to the base, sets it and gets airborne again as fast as he can.



Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 53
Conditions: none

Quinn becomes ecstatic as she goes airborne for the first time. Well, at least not without the aid of machines. Her enjoyment is cut short as she takes in the scene of the ashen, now. Their escalating aggressiveness reminds her of how the Xicitix act. She shudders at the idea if humans acted like the Xicitix. Quinn takes a look back and views the surrealness of the battle taking place. If I was afraid for my life right now, then I'd be wanting to get some popcorn and sit down somewhere and enjoys the view. Just look. A classic, good vs evil, angel vs demon. This feels like a nightmare or a dream or something. She notices the hexagonal arrangement of the obelisk near the platform area. She remains in the air as long as she can, so she doesn't get attacked by the ashen.

Naliyah wrote:"I sense something very vile up there. We should proceed with caution…"


"I think I agreed with our new cat. Something doesn't feel right. There's something off, here." Quinn watches Max head off towards the center obelisk. "Just be careful. We haven't seen any signs of the sorcereress."

Combat Post
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
APM: 4

Action 1 and 2: Aimed shot at an Ashen's head if they get too close or at the sorceress if seen. Strike:1d200+5 = 11, Damage:2d4 = 5
Action 3:Shoot Ashen if they get too close or the sorceress if seen. Strike:1d20+2 = 15, Damage:2d4 = 3
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20 = 17

Parries: 1d20+3 = 19, 1d20+3 = 21, 1d20+3 = 15, 1d20+3 = 13
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 1/1d20 = 10
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Cosmic Armor (200 MDC, ends in 39 minutes and 30 seconds, fly at 375 mph, or about 8250'/melee, or 1,031'/action)
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 11

Sel's eyes instinctively track the Ariel's movements for a moment until she realizes that she's going up and up and up into the vast open space over the crater and tears her eyes away from the scene. Thank the gods and goddesses that I don't fly like that!!! Sel thinks to herself while she shoots at the Ashen. She notices that the charge on her e-clip is draining very fast, which she realizes makes sense since she's been firing bursts the entire time so far. She's about to contemplate leaving the current e-clip in until it's drained or swapping out for fresh one now when she notices Ecks takes flight. Wait!? How's he doing that? He doesn't have a jet pack! Wait a minute, didn't the lioness say something about the armor spell also allowing us to use it to fly? Sel thinks, as she is about to take flight herself but a gut wrenching realization hits her, causing her to hesitate. That's going to place me out in the middle of all of that open space! OH MY GOD!!! Sel's terrified thoughts scream at her but she forces herself to latch on to the leg of the next person to take to the not so friendly skies, closing her eyes shut tight until she's on terra firma once again, all the while screaming loudly enough that even the Ariel and Demon that are fighting doubtless can hear her "I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!!!!!!" She stands back up, recomposing herself again, to notice that Max is about to set the explosive charges on the central obelisk, to which Sel shouts in a shaky voice "HOld up Max! Let me try to drill a hole for you to put the explosives in to enhance their destructive power on the pillar." She then shoulders her rifle and gets her industrial strength (i.e. MD) power drill and attempts to drill a hole into the obelisk.

Sel's Combat Actions
Initiative: 11
APM: 8
Action 1: Watch the Ariel
Action 2: See Ecks fly
Action 3: Hesitate flying
Action 4: Screaming Flight
Action 5: Get Up
Action 6: Compose herself
Action 7: Drill hole Mechanical Engineering 1d100 = 12/67%
Action 8: Reserved for Dodge 1d20+5 = 19
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:17 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 10, 1d100 = 44
Initiative: 1d20 = 16
APM: 5

See the invisible – duration: 9 minutes

1d10 = 2

Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour – duration: 40 minutes, MDC: 200

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 94/102 (x6)

Despite everything going on, Brianna can't help in thrill at the fact that she is actually flying like a bird. This is the greatest thing in the history of everything!' Brianna thinks to herself. However, her focus is brought back quickly when an ashen tries to grab her ankle but she is able to escape its clutches, thanks to Maia. That was close!

Ecks wrote:"Brianna, are you getting anything from your weapons?"


Brianna replies to Ecks question, ”Just that the sorceress will most likely have a rune weapon like I do. Watching out for that will make it easier for us to find them.” Brianna replies to Maia, Got it! Maybe I'll start a collection! Can you guys feel any magic that we can maybe track back to a rune weapon? Brianna doesn't think this is really possible – given everything that is going on, there was probably too much magic to be able to pinpoint a rune weapon, but she figured it never hurt to ask. ”We have to go this way.” Brianna gestures to the end of the crater. ”That's where I feel that tugging sensation.” Brianna starts to fly in that direction, hoping they will find the sorceress and put an end to all this horror.

Actions
1. strike at ashen with Maia if they attack Strike: 1d20+2 = 22 Nat 20!, damage if hit: 4d6 = 11 * 2 = 22
2. strike at ashen with Maia if they attack Strike: 1d20+2 = 21, damage if hit: 4d6 = 13
3. talks to weapons and group
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 17
5. flies toward end of crater where she feels the tugging sensation

auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+3 = 23 Nat 20!
1d20+3 = 22
1d20+3 = 10
1d20+3 = 5
1d20+3 = 22
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:39 am

Perception 65%/1d20+4 = 15 - SUCCESS (If a lore applies and would give information, my Perception increases by 25%)
Additional Save: 1d20+4 = 10 (+1 vs Magic, +4 vs Psionics, +2 vs HF)
JIC: 1d20+4 = 9, Invalid dice code!

Conditions: See the Invisible, Mind Block Auto-Defense, Cosmic Armor (200 MDC)
Mink goes quiet as they arrive and soon folks realize she's gone. The observant watched her drift downwards. Using a path with as much cover as possible and as close to the ground (and away from anything else alive, animate, or undead). She glides closer to the area, observing as she goes, trying to get a sense for what the sorceress has planned. That is until a rogue wind gust literally drives her into the ground, making a racket unintentionally. If she sees anything she relays that to the team immediately via radio. Otherwise she waits for a moment to strike or to gather more information. She won't initiate combat unless the Sorceress is doing something nasty dangerous.

Conditional: If I see the bad chick and I have an opening to disarm her, I will. I will try my best to keep it from flying back to the sorceress.
Disarm: Automatic Critical Success to disarm the chick and keep the blade from here (will abort all further actions to accomplish this)

Ignore
Prowl 70%/Invalid dice code! - SUCCESS - land silently and sneak close to get a look at what is going on.
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 70%/Invalid dice code! - CRITICAL SUCCESS - What is the significance of the arrangement of the pillars and where would you control it from?
Lore: Magic - Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 60%/Invalid dice code! - CRITICAL SUCCESS - What is the significance of the arrangement of the pillars and where would you control it from?
Lore: Magic - Recognize Enchantment 53%/Invalid dice code! - SUCCESS - What has she got going? Rune items, Protection Spells? Merged with a demon? what?
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%/Invalid dice code! - Fail - If anything is accompanying her, what is it?
Detect Ambush 60%/Invalid dice code! - SUCCESS - How would I ambush us here?
Detect Concealment 40%/Invalid dice code! - Fail - What's that?!
Wilderness Survival 60%/Invalid dice code! - Fail - How would one prepare best in this environment?
Sensory Equipment 55%/Invalid dice code! - Fail - Where is she? Dammit this interference!
Tracking: People 65%/Invalid dice code! - SUCCESS - Looking for signs of passage the wind has not yet erased, or signs of passage (scraped stone, etc)
Substitute any of the following for the disarm when I get the chance.
Initiative: Invalid dice code!
Action 1: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike Invalid dice code!
Action 2: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle bea particle beamm; Strike Invalid dice code!
Action 3: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS; Strike Invalid dice code!
Action 4: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS; Strike Invalid dice code!
Action 5: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS; Strike Invalid dice code!
Action 6: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS; Strike Invalid dice code!
Action 7: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS; Strike Invalid dice code!
Action 8: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS; Strike Invalid dice code!

Autododge Invalid dice code!, Invalid dice code!, Invalid dice code!, Invalid dice code!, 1d20+4 = 14, , , .
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby CS High Command » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:21 am

Prowl 70%/1d100 = 88 - FAIL - land silently and sneak close to get a look at what is going on.
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 70%/1d100 = 68 - CRITICAL SUCCESS [previously rolled a 1]/SUCCESS - What is the significance of the arrangement of the pillars and where would you control it from?
Lore: Magic - Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 60%/1d100 = 54 - CRITICAL SUCCESS [previously rolled a 5]/SUCCESS - What is the significance of the arrangement of the pillars and where would you control it from?
Lore: Magic - Recognize Enchantment 53%/1d100 = 63 - SUCCESS [previously rolled a 9]/Failure - What has she got going? Rune items, Protection Spells? Merged with a demon? what?
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%/1d100 = 38 - SUCCESS - If anything is accompanying her, what is it?
Detect Ambush 60%/1d100 = 13 - SUCCESS - How would I ambush us here?
Detect Concealment 40%/1d100 = 29 - SUCCESS - What's that?!
Wilderness Survival 60%/1d100 = 75 - Fail - How would one prepare best in this environment?
Sensory Equipment 55%/1d100 = 66 - Fail - Where is she? Dammit this interference!
Tracking: People 65%/1d100 = 9 - SUCCESS - Looking for signs of passage the wind has not yet erased, or signs of passage (scraped stone, e

Combat Rolls here; do not count for post count; something happened with the dice in my previous post
Substitute any of the following for the disarm when I get the chance.
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 10
Action 1: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 11, 1d6*10 = 40 MD
Action 2: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 23, 1d6*10 = 20 MD
Action 3: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 11, 1d6*10 = 50 MD
Action 4: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 7 (NAT 1), 1d6*10 = 50 MD
Action 5: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 9, 1d6*10 = 20 MD
Action 6: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT 20!), 1d6*10 = 50 MD (=100 MD)
Action 7: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 26 (NAT 20!), 1d6*10 = 10 MD (=20 MD)
Action 8: Shoot at anything attacking me with FIWS particle beam; Strike 1d20+6 = 7 (NAT 1), 1d6*10 = 10 MD

Good thing my weapon system is literally attached.

Autododge 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 8, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 12, 1d20+4 = 20
User avatar
CS High Command
Game Master
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm
Location: Game Master: CS 110 Nightstalkers

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 84
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 20

For the record, this is stupid and Im gonna get killed Max repeats the thought in his head. He hears a voice above the din of the storm and Ashen.
"HOld up Max! Let me try to drill a hole for you to put the explosives in to enhance their destructive power on the pillar."


He pauses in his mission to acknowledge Sel as she approaches. "Well hustle on honey, we're open targets out here and we're too pretty to die like this."


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:10:15;;
Round: 3

Ley Line Activity: A Full Ley Line Storm Erupts. Ambient PPE is supercharged and doubled, though runs the risk of drawing ley line bolts.
Weather: Incredible wind vortex's around the Obelisks cause horrific cross winds, blowing lose rocks and un-prepared individuals to the ground. The temperature is spiking between -20*C and 80*C.
Visibility: Poor, even for optics optics. Ley Line Storm makes any sensory readings or computer equipment only give partial readings at best.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x6


The battle between the Ariel and the Baal-rog erupts as these two forces clash at full force. The Baal-rog towers over the Ariel's combative form, standing several feet higher though the difference is hard to tell. What the Ariel lacks in size she makes up for in raw power that puts the Baal-rog constantly on the defensive. What few attacks it can get in during the onslaught get batted away by the powerful wings of the Ariel. Each time the Halberd that the Baal-rog wields makes contact with the Ariel's weapon, there is a loud ripple through the air as though a small sonic boom erupts during the storm. Her attacks are equally ineffective for the moment, neither showing true signs of winning.

As Max beings to dart over and Sel follows to drill a hole, Max notices something move out of the corner of his eye on the Platform. Mink falls back and lets the two move towards the platforms, taking time to absorb as much information as she can and dropping off the radar as best as possible. The Obelisks seem to be in the pattern that fits with summoning magic patterns, though there doesn't seem to be anything else. When she lands, Mink does notice that the hard stone floor does have an etched design on it, with the Obelisks and their locations seemingly built into the pattern on the floor. Mink does think she recognizes part of the circle as a type of demon or necromantic magic; it can easily be used for summoning. Max and Sel land near the closest Obelisk and immediately notice the lack of absolute cold and that this Obelisk can just be walked up too. When Sel attempts to drill a hole in it, the drill-bit crumbles upon contact to the Obelisk; as though it went from being metalic to sand upon contact. Victor follows them in, providing overwatch and temporarily at a loss for words given the platform. Ecks, Quinn, Brianna and Naliyah slowly make their way down to the platform as well, observing their allies and whats around them. Both Quinn and Ecks also think they see something move out of the corner of their eyes, though the movement is fleeting and gone.

Brianna's vantage point gives her an unobstructed view of the Platform and she, along with Naliyah next to her in the air, are able to watch in near slow motion as what looks like dark silhouettes seem to manifest around each individual Obelisk on the platform, one per. As swiftly as they appeared to Brianna's sight, they vanished though Brianna could not help but notice the uncanny resemblance to the silhouettes and her teammates. As they each touch down on the platform and before Brianna or anyone else can react, the shadows leap out. Brianna notices that there seems to be a shadow leaping towards everyone but her and Naliyah.

On the ground, Ecks reacts to the movement instinctively, not having survived this long for nothing and parries a fuzz of shadows next to him. Leveling his NG-45LP towards the target, he sees the familiar bore of an NG-45LP facing him down in a near classic standoff, held by himself. Ecks sees a transparent, shadowered mirrored version of himself wearing exactly what he is wearing now staring him down with the 45LP. In this brief moment, Ecks is able to see as a silhouette behind the one facing him lurches towards Victor and takes him and his PA all the way to the ground from his hovering overwatch in a loud crash. The crash causes the unfortunate, spontaneous reaction of looking towards it, and as Quinn feels her head turn to look towards Victor's crash, she feels a sharp impact on her right side as she is knocked back and on the ground several feet. When Quinn looks to what hit her, she sees a transparent but unmistakable shadow copy of herself staring at her with a type of ire she didn't think her face could pull off.

Selenidaria and Max, still focused on planting an explosive to the Obelisk and in partial shock at the drill bit crumbling, notice at possible the last second as a sleek blade cuts vertically down from their right. Selenidaria is able to dodge and roll out of the way, getting a look at the attacker and the elven techno-wizard could swear she was looking at herself swinging her Skorblade. The shadow's gaze finds her and as it steps forward, Max notices another shadow directly behind it, that looks like another battle cat, lurch towards him and pin the surprised pilot to the ground near the Obelisk.

While trying to decipher the etchings on the stone ground, Mink catches out of the corner of her eye a large blade slashing horizontally towards her and is just able to roll forward and out of its path. She looks and is able to see a familiar silhouette resembling a Night Reaper PA with the given scythe out and already rearing around for another slash. That Mink is quickly able to parry with her FIWS and lock, catching the reaper PA's weapon and ripping it away from the shadow copy. Responding swiftly, Mink fires a accurate shot right at the head of the night-reaper attacking her and blows off part of its helmet; the broken pieces dissipating into shadows as Mink sees her own eye narrow at her from within the armor of shadow copy before her.

It is then that Brianna finally sees her target, the focus of her nightmares, mindstorms and current predicament. In the center of the platform now stands a robed figure, her features completely obscured by a deep red cloak that falls over her face and body. Naliyah, being the only other one not being engaged by a shadow, takes the queue of the evil sorceress and charges towards her. Dropping and releasing a powerful roar that echoes across the crater as she leaps and attempts to pounce on the Sorceress. Brianna watches and as Naliyah almost is about to make contact, she is stopped by something and knocked several feet to the side, still up and on her feet. Brianna follows Naliyah in and takes a healthy swing with Maia towards the Sorceress head. Her blade striking true but rippling off of a shimmering barrier that seems to shatter like magical glass after her strike. Brianna, now face to face with the Sorceress, takes another swing only to watch as the Sorceress brings to bear her own weapon, parrying Maia towards the ground. To Brianna, it looks like the Sorceress carries an ancient looking double scythe; green and gold with a large blade on both ends.

"You're stronger than the last one." She hears a chill-inspiring familiar voice whisper from underneath the hood. "What makes you special?" She hears the voice ask sarcastically and Brianna feels as though this Sorceress knows her. Brianna's peripheral gives her a good quick look of the surroundings; Ecks is in a standoff with himself, Max is pinned by himself with Selenidaria squaring up to her own with a Skorblade. She also spots Quinn recovering from being knocked down by another shadow and Victor get taken to the ground.

Map
The only ones who has actually seen the Sorceress is Brianna and Naliyah. Everyone else has a shadow in front of them.
Sorceress is the Six-Point; Shadow Copies are the 5-Points
Team Members/Allies are 4-Point
Naliyah is the unlabeled 4-point on the upper-middle left.

AAPS Platform Map1.jpg.png


Underguard's Bill
This is mostly impact damage.
  1. Ecks:
  2. Brianna:
  3. Mink:
  4. Selenidaria:
  5. Victor: -40 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor.
  6. Maxamillian: -3 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  7. Quinn: -7 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor


Combat Round 3: Begin
Please include Combat ACTIONS in your combat posts.
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 95 / 24%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 20
Conditions: none

What the fucking hell was that? Quinn staggers as she pulls herself up from off the ground. She gasps when she sees the transparent figure and recognizes who it is. Her heart skipping a beat or two. This can't be real. Two of me?! It looks a bit off. Kind of like a shadowy version of me. Quinn decides that being so close to being done with this, she decides that a more aggressive treatment might be needed and decides to attack herself first before it can do the same to her.

Combat Post
Initiative: 1d20 = 14
APM: 4

Action 1: Attack version of myself with pistol. Strike:1d20+2 = 15, Damage:2d4 = 6
Action 2: Attack version of myself with pistol. Strike:1d20+2 = 15, Damage:2d4 = 2
Action 3: Attack version of myself with pistol. Strike:1d20+2 = 13, Damage:2d4 = 6
Action 4: Reserved for Dodge: 1d20 = 2

Parries: 1d20+3 = 22, 1d20+3 = 6, 1d20+3 = 20, 1d20+3 = 5
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 22/1d20 = 5
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Cosmic Armor (200 MDC, ends in 39 minutes and 15 seconds, fly at 375 mph, or about 8250'/melee, or 1,031'/action)
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 5

Sel watches her industrial strength drill bit turn to dust, making Sel scuttle back a few steps in shock. Holy hells! What just happened? "Hey guys, whatever you do, I would NOT touch those pillars! It just turned my drill bit, which is rated for drilling through hardened military grade armor, into dust!" In shock, Sel frantically starts trying to think of what to do when she dodges out of the way of a familiar looking sword by only the barest of margins. Getting her feet under her again, she looks at her attack and sees... herself??? She then sees other shadows of the rest of her group beginning to attack their real counterparts. Trying to figure out what exactly to do, she glances at her drill as a reminder of everything that she doesn't know at work and gets an idea. Focusing on the servos and actuators that move her power armor's limbs, she casts a spell to increase its strength (Superhuman Strength -10 PPE, Supernatural PS 30, Duration 3 minutes). Watching for her moment to strike, she will grab her shadow self's wrist of the hand holding the sword, activate her power armor's magnetic climbing hands to test just how real that shadow power armor her shadow self is wearing is, and judo throw her shadow self into the pillar that turned her drill bit into dust. Sel will then draw her own Skorblade, ask her shadow self "Don't you remember mother telling us it's not polite to play with ourselves in public?" before slicing her shadow self up.

Selenidaria's Combat Actions
Initiative: 5
Action 1: Cast Superhuman Strength
Action 2: Simultaneous Attack (Judo Throw) 1d20+5 = 17
Action 3: Draw Skorblade
Action 4: Attack with Skorblade 1d20+8 = 13 Damage 3d6+2 = 13 MD (Damage is equal to Sel's current PS punching damage)
Action 5: Attack with Skorblade 1d20+8 = 16 Damage 3d6+2 = 9 MD (Damage is equal to Sel's current PS punching damage)
Action 6: Attack with Skorblade 1d20+8 = 14 Damage 3d6+2 = 12 MD (Damage is equal to Sel's current PS punching damage)
Action 7: Attack with Skorblade 1d20+8 = 19 Damage 3d6+2 = 15 MD (Damage is equal to Sel's current PS punching damage)
Action 8: Attack with Skorblade 1d20+8 = 28 Damage 3d6+2 = 17 MD (Damage is equal to Sel's current PS punching damage) CRIT!!! Damage 34

Contingencies: If Shadow Selenidaria is successfully thrown up against the obelisk that destroyed Sel's industrial drill bit and is also destroyed by the contact, Sel's Actions 4-8 will then be to do the same to the rest of the shadow clones. The Attack Rolls will be three lower as such in this order:
Action 4: Judo Throw Attack 10
Action 5: Judo Throw Attack 13
Action 6: Judo Throw Attack 11
Action 7: Judo Throw Attack 16
Action 8: Judo Throw Attack 25 (CRIT!!!)

Sel's choice of targets will be in this order: Shadow Max, Shadow Ecks, Shadow Quin, Shadow Victor, Shadow Mink
If a target is able to block Sel's initial attack against them, she will continue to try to throw them against an obelisk until she succeeds (so long as touching the obelisk damages/destroys them)

Parries: 1d20+5 = 14, sacrificed, 1d20+7 = 8, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 17, 1d20+7 = 25
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 135/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 6/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:29 am

Perception: 1d100 = 80% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 9
JIC: 1d100 = 23
Initiative: 1d20+5 = 14 (+3 more vs. robots & PA)


Victor is stunned, not physically but mentally when he gets a good look at his assailant. "The fuck?", he wonders aloud before retaliating with his NG-IP7. His finger blurs as he empties the rifle into the shadow-Victor.

Action #1: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 22, Damage: 1d4 = 3x10 = 30 M.D.
Action #2: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 20, Damage: 1d4 = 3x10 = 30 M.D.
Action #3: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 15, Damage: 1d4 = 4x10 = 40 M.D.
Action #4: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 18, Damage: 1d4 = 4x10 = 40 M.D.
Action #5: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 14, Damage: 1d4 = 3x10 = 30 M.D.
Action #6: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 12, Damage: 1d4 = 2x10 = 20 M.D.
Action #7: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 21, Damage: 1d4 = 3x10 = 30 M.D.
Action #8: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 11, Damage: 1d4 = 4x10 = 40 M.D.
Action #9: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 21, Damage: 1d4 = 1x10 = 10 M.D.
Action #10: Fire NG-IP7 on burst fire at shadow-Victor; Strike: 1d20+6 = 11, Damage: 1d4 = 1x10 = 10 M.D.


Auto dodge #1: 1d20+10 = 21
Auto dodge #2: 1d20+10 = 14
Auto dodge #3: 1d20+10 = 28
Auto dodge #4: 1d20+10 = 15
Auto dodge #5: 1d20+10 = 29
Auto dodge #6: 1d20+10 = 29
Auto dodge #7: 1d20+10 = 29
Auto dodge #8: 1d20+10 = 13
Auto Dodge #9: 1d20+10 = 12
Auto Dodge #10: 1d20+10 = 15

{Skill Rolls}
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88 (63%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 95
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
APM: 5

See the invisible – duration: 9 minutes

1d10 = 3

Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour – duration: 40 minutes, MDC: 200

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 94/102 (x6)

"You're stronger than the last one." She hears a chill-inspiring familiar voice whisper from underneath the hood. "What makes you special?" She hears the voice ask sarcastically and Brianna feels as though this Sorceress knows her.


Brianna's eyes widen a bit in surprise when she hears the familiar voice from under the hood of the Sorceress. Given that the others seemed to fighting shadowy versions of themselves, Brianna figures there's only one explanation: the Sorceress was a version of her? What in the hell? Brianna wonders to herself. ”I'm not sure to be honest - which last one are you talking about? Maybe we can figure it out.” As she talks, Brianna tries to come up with a plan to disarm the Sorceress and disrupt the field around her. A thought occurs to her and she attempts to telekinetically disarm the Sorceress. Brianna figures even if it doesn't work, it might distract the Sorceress enough so Brianna can strike her with Maia. Brianna can't help but comment, ”Are you the evil version of me? Like in those old sci-fi books I've read? Why are you doing this? What do you want?”

Actions
1. talks to sorceress
2. attempts to disarm the sorceress with telekinesis. Strike: 1d20+3 = 17
3. tries to strike with Maia (regardless if the TK disarm attack is unsuccessful). Strike: 1d20+2 = 16, Damage, if hit: 4d6 = 14
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 9
5. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 19

auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+3 = 8
1d20+3 = 8
1d20+3 = 21
1d20+3 = 20
1d20+3 = 15
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 23/45%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 99
JIC (20): 1d20 = 5

Current Conditions (as of the end of this post): Sense Dimensional Anomaly: 12 minutes remaining; Sense Temporal Anomaly: 18 minutes remaining; See the Invisible (psi-power): 6 minutes remaining; Cosmic Armor (200 MDC): 40 minutes remaining; Sense Magic (psi-power): 15 minutes remaining (+50% for Ley Line)

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 19

Action 1: cast Energy Field around Sorceress
Action 2: talk to Bri and activate Sense Magic psi-power (+50% range/duration on a ley line)
Action 3: See contingency
Action 4: See contingency
Action 5: See contingency
Action 6: See contingency
Action 7: See contingency

Automatic Dodges (if necessary):
1d20+13 = 15
1d20+13 = 20
1d20+13 = 18
1d20+13 = 25
1d20+13 = 20
1d20+13 = 14
1d20+13 = 16




So that's how it's going to be, hmm? thinks the Shing to herself as she recovers after being deflected by the invisible barrier, landing upright as cats are known to do.

Let's see how she handles this...

Naliyah casts Energy Field around the Sorceress to create some space and prepare for her next move.

Hang in there, Brianna...

Energy Field
Range: Self or others up to 60 feet away.
Duration: One minute (4 melees) per level of experience or until it is destroyed.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Ten
The magic creates a protective field of energy that can be placed around the mage, others, or an object. The maximum area of protection is about 8 feet, which means it can protect a small room full of people (about 6 to 8 individuals). The energy field appears as a semitransparent wall or bubble that shimmers with a blue-white light.
The field normally provides a total protection of 60 M.D.C., but is doubled at ley lines and tripled at a ley line nexus.


She will then say to Brianna, "Hold on Brianna! Don't attack the Energy Field!"

Naliyah will then activate her Sense Magic psi-power and focus on the Sorceress and the invisible field that was projected to see if she can pinpoint anything about the field or sorceress.

Sense Magic
Range: 120 feet area.
Duration: 2 minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 3
Saving Throw: None.
The ability to sense magic enables the psychic to feel magic energy, tell whether it is near (within 20 feet) or far (up to 120 feet away) and follow the emanations to pinpoint their source as a particular place, room, person or object. Note: Invisible, magical or supernatural creatures or objects can only be traced to a general area, like a specific room or area. The psychic will also be able to sense whether or not an object has magic powers, if a person or item is enchanted/under a magic spell (this does not include psionic influences), when magic is being used within the area (120 feet) and when a person is casting a spell (human users of magic do not radiate magic energies until they call upon them).


Naliyah will NOT draw extra P.P.E. from the Ley Line as this is unadvised given the "corruption".

When Naliyah notices that her Energy Field seems to be at normal strength rather than increased, she will attempt to figure out what's going on with this ley line

Skill Roll: Lore: Magic (figure out what's going on in this place with this Ley Line, how to fix things, the obelisks, and any other magical knowledge that can be gleaned from the situation) --> SPENDING 1 EP FOR CRITICAL SUCCESS (1EP)

Then, depending on what happens next...

Contingency:

If the sorceress engages in discussion with Brianna, Naliyah will hold back and let them converse, while she visually checks on the others to see how things are going with them. If any of the others look to be in trouble, and are in range, Naliyah will cast an Energy Field around them to buy them time.

If the sorceress manages to break free of or somehow escape the Energy Field, Naliyah will engage along with Briana.

Attacks:
#1- pounce (Pounce attacks have a 65% chance of knocking human-sized targets off their feet (victim loses initiative and one attack) and cause 1d6 damage from the impact/fall plus claw damage Note: extrapolated from the African Lion entry in Palladium Monsters and Animals book) --> strike: 1d20+12 = 30 ; damage (claw): 5d6 = 15 M.D. + pounce damage 1d6 = 6 M.D. + knockdown chance 1d100 = 86/65% (fail)
#2- disarm attempt ---> strike roll: 1d20+4 = 11
#3- claw strike ---> strike roll: 1d20+12 = 16 ; damage roll (+claw): 5d6 = 21 M.D.
#4- claw strike ---> strike roll: 1d20+12 = 17 ; damage roll (+claw): 5d6 = 16 M.D.
#5- claw strike ---> strike roll: 1d20+12 = 26 ; damage roll (+claw): 5d6 = 13 M.D.

Auto-dodge rolls are listed above.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 263/493
I.S.P.: 81/88


Current Conditions: Multiple spells and psionics in effect (see most recent post for details)

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:59 am

Ecks looks at the duplicate of himself with distaste. "Only dark magic could duplicate such ruggedly handsome features!. While dodging and parrying he actually he engages the shadow on Sel, rather than his own, watching to see if his pistol actually does any real damage. Assuming his weapon is actually doing damage, he swaps eclips while staying light on his feet and moves towards Sel's position.

He wrestles with trying to help Brianna but worries that bringing the shadow into her conflict might make matters worse. Brianna, we've got our hands full. You've found your way to the sorceress, we will be there in just a few.

Sel, I'm bringing extra fire down on yours first. Thin some numbers.


[OOC]APM:9
1 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 20, damage 5d6+5 = 30
2 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 21, damage 5d6+5 = 26
3 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 20, damage 5d6+5 = 24
4 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 21, damage 5d6+5 = 23
5 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 27, damage 5d6+5 = 24
6 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 8, damage 5d6+5 = 17
7 Attack available targets with NG-45L 1d20+7 = 25, damage 5d6+5 = 24
8 Reserved for dodge 1d20+7 = 11
9 Reserved for dodge 1d20+7 = 12

Parries 1d20+7 = 24,1d20+7 = 22,1d20+7 = 21,1d20+7 = 24,1d20+7 = 11,1d20+7 = 17,1d20+7 = 27,1d20+7 = 12,1d20+7 = 13
[/occ]
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Mink quirks an eye as she sees the copy. "Well that's a bit cliche." She can't help but pick up Briana's comments, which causes her to choke back a chuckle as she engages the shadow of herself. Setting to the task, she keeps evasive and hacks and blasts at her double. If she finishes up with her own shadow, she'll move over to help Max or Sel or the Doctor.

Attacks/Actions
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 10
Attack 1: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 10 1d6*10 = 30 MDC
Attack 2: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 9 1d6*10 = 40 MDC
Attack 3: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 24 1d6*10 = 10 MDC
Attack 4: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 8 1d6*10 = 40 MDC
Attack 5: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 18 1d6*10 = 20 MDC
Attack 6: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 25 1d6*10 = 30 MDC
Attack 7: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 23 1d6*10 = 20 MDC
Attack 8: Shoot bad shadows 1d20+6 = 26 [NAT 20] 1d6*10 = 30x2=60 MDC

Autododge 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 20, 1d20+4 = 9, 1d20+4 = 11, 1d20+4 = 5 [Nat 1]
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:10:30;;
Round: 4

Ley Line Activity: Full Ley Line Storm. Ambient PPE is supercharged and doubled. No modifiers to spells.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform but where the Seven Obelisks are is strangely calm.
Visibility: Full visibility on the platform and looking down to the crater from the platform. Looking out one can barely see through the thick air and stormy weather, though the Super-charged Ley Line is visible, like a tear.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x6


Brianna hears the sorceress stifle a laugh and rotates her right wrist with her weapon, spinning the double scythe in front of her before drawing it to her side. Raising her left arm up, she lowers her hood and Brianna is met with her own face staring back at her, confirming her question. The biggest difference is that the Sorceress is not a shadow, like the other copies of the team, and her voice mirrors Brianna's in an eerie way as she speaks. "You can consider me your... doppleganger." She says in a low taunting voice. Then, without reason, she attacks. Cleaving the double scythe, with such speed as though it could weigh nothing, through the air, Brianna has no time to react but is pleasantly surprised when the Sorceress seems to have a bubble form around her that intercepts the cleave and locks her in a bubble. Looking back, she can see Naliyah who likes quite perturbed at being brushed aside, standing ready to pounce the Sorceress.

Taking this brief moment of respite, Naliyah notices her spells effects seem constant despite the Ley Line, and the Dimensional Shing turns her senses to the Ley Line. She has a flash of something she has only heard rumors of; this Ley Line is artificial, or at the least it is not a naturally formed one. It fails to follow the properties associated to Ley Lines which implies it was engineered or is a fluke. It is remarkably closer to the ground than average Ley Lines, and almost seems like a literal tear in the fabric of space. This Ley Line would not be one a Rifter would surf on but instead seems to be only used for one thing; storms. Naliyah notes the most peculiar thing in her assessment, every single Ley Line Bolt from this storm, and all ambient energy seems to be collecting into the Obelisks like lightning rods. Naliyah can spot that both Mink and Sel's copies fall, and the moment they do she senses magic building up in the Obelisks behind her (left&top). It's at this moment Naliyah hears the yelp from a feline and sees Max flying through the air and land on Mink, with a shadow copy close in toe, in the opposite direction of her magical sense.

Victor responds as any sane person would upon seeing the shadow copy square up to him and immediately proceeds to open fire. The initial salvo catches the shadow copy off guard and Victor sees the damage splash off a familiar type of force shield his own armor has at it returns fire in kind; Victor notices that his copy is keeping pace with him, step for step, shot for shot. Several rounds barrel from the shadow and splash off of the magical barrier provided, he can tell the rounds his shield is being hit with all have the same kick his do. Quinn also rightly opens up on her shadow copy, not taking any chances and scores a couple other direct hits on herself. She sees several rounds impact her given protective field but she does notice that her shadow copy doesn't need to reload where Quinn normally would have during her own salvos.

Sel connects the dots on what the Obelisks do to the ashen, and knowing about their ability to suck up ambient energy. The Obelisks seem designed to destroy anything on contact, to include life as Sel recalls the ashen touching the Obelisks down below and crumbling. It'd be easy for the Obelisks to then absorb the magical energies released upon a creature's death. Her revelation is short lived as she has to turn her attention to herself and tries to put her new knowledge to use as she grapples her shadow copy who, despite its transparency is rather solid. Her check is correct and she slides her right leg to the hip of her shadows and takes out its balance, turning her hips to do a solid Judo martial throw into the Obelisk next to her. Unfortunately her copy recovers its footing at the last moment and skids off to the left of the Obelisk as Sel draws her Skorblade.

Ecks decides to aid his ally Sel first, parrying the first few shots away with the barrel of his own pistol as he moves and fires past his own shadow and lands a few good shots on Sel's. Sel charges her shadow copy with Ecks supporting her from the rear. Her first several strikes are parried and in a swift move, Sel's shadow copy disarms her as Sel tries to parry a strike and the copy grapples her instead. Due in no small part to the new lack of mobility from both Sel's, Ecks is able to line up a perfect shot and nail the copy in the side of the head, visibly stunning it and releasing the grip on Sel. Sel reacting quickly retries her Judo throw and this time it works as she had hoped. The Shadow loses balance among the connection and tumbles face-first into the Obelisk, the entire essence of the shadow seeming to disintegrate on contact. Ecks still sees a shadow harassing Victor with a shield up, unlike the first two, and neither Ecks nor Sel can see where Max and his copy went. Resigning to helping Sel caused Ecks to take a slight beating from his own copy, though his shield has held and his copy is still in front of him, firing away. Sel also sees the shadow on Victor, the Sorceress and Max land on Mink across the other side of the circle.

Max, still being pinned to the ground and unsuccessful at breaking free, protects himself under the duress of the consistent strikes of his shadow self, shadow Max is sitting atop of Max and wailing on him. Max feels a brief pause from the onslaught and then feels himself lifted into the air and hurdled.

Mink, meanwhile, nearly rolls her eyes at her shadow copy and Brianna's comment before engaging her own copy. Mink's first few blasts skit past her blackened likeness as the copy fires a couple salvo's of her own. Mink expertly dodges the first few bolts and launches a few more blasts. This time, each shot connects to the shadow and Mink notes that the shadow doesn't seem to be trying to dodge, but is instead ruthlessly gunning for her as several blasts splash off of the magical shield granted by Naliyah. Mink is able to roll underneath a shot from the shadow copy, coming up and under through her guard and lining the barrel of her weapon up the to the copies throat and fires, the blast erupting the shadow copies head as it dissipate; the body disintegrates before her eyes as well. Mink hears what sounds almost like a yelp and as she looks to her right, she feels the painful impact of her ally, Maximillian, landing a top of her.

Brianna has a moment to study the weapon the Sorceress is wielding while she is encased in Naliyah's bubble and notes it does indeed appear to be runic in nature, though unlike anything she has ever heard of. The Sorceress doesn't take long to actually break free of her binding but is met with the cold sting of Bri's blade, Maia, as it licks her lower torso causing the Sorceress to step back and cleave her weapon at Bri. Bri, extremely thankful for Naliyah's armor at this point as she can only watch as in a fraction of a second, the Sorceress whiplashes the scythe in a swift horizontal cut that likely could've removed her head. However the impact was absorbed by the armor and heavily glazed off, the impact nearly knocking Bri off her feet.

Map
AAPS Platform Map2.png


Underguard's Bill
These totals are cumulative and incorporate past bills, and nothing breaks CA yet.
  1. Ecks: -80 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  2. Brianna: -44 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  3. Mink: -62 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  4. Selenidaria: -30 from Cosmic Armor
  5. Victor: -119 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor.
  6. Maximillian: -150 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  7. Quinn: -54 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  8. Naliyah:


Begin Combat Round 4
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services GM - nphilip90s

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest