Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Moderator: Augur

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:01 pm

Perception: 1d100:
91
(63%)
JIC: 1d20:
10
, 1d100:
1

Initiative: 1d20:
4

APM: 5

See the invisible – duration: 6 minutes, 25 seconds

1d10:
1


Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour: MDC: 16/200 remaining
Impervious to Fire: 23:45 remaining

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 70/102 (x6)

Brianna grunts when the Halberd hits her, nearly decimating the rest of her magic armour. That was a little closer than I like! She almost cheers when Sel blinds the Bal-rog with her magic and the Ariel makes a re-appearance. As the last obelisk is destroyed, Brianna thinks, Finally! She's relieved to see the Bal-rog disappearing in a wisp of flames. It's almost over. She turns to the Ariel when she yells that the pocket dimension is collapsing, alarmed. We can't dillydally now!

Yelling to the others, Brianna says, ”We need to get out of here!” Brianna hears Sel asks the questions about what would happen if someone were still here but doesn't answer since she has no idea, though she doubts it'll be anything good. Brianna then starts flying toward the portal, hoping it'll get them out of the pocket dimension before it collapses.

Actions
1. watches as the balrog disappears
2. calls to the otehrs
3. flies toward portal as quickly as she can
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 23:
20

5. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+3 = 20:
17


auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+3 = 15:
12

1d20+3 = 8:
5

1d20+3 = 22:
19

1d20+3 = 10:
7

1d20+3 = 14:
11
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:57 am

With the collapse of the world, and the sorceress netted, Ecks races to Sel's location. "Leave the sorceress. This is what she wanted, she can have it. Get to Sel. Sel, fire that obelisk up" he radios to everyone.

He hates to leave anyone behind but the sorceress, whatever she is, is a murderer on a grant scale and this place is coming apart. He isn't interested in anyone dying for her.

He races to Sel's location as fast as his Gladiator will carry him, holstering Mantooth but keeping his NG45 handy. He will shoot or otherwise engage the sorceress or other target if they come after them.

APM:9
1: Move to Sel
2: Fire at targets that make themselves a threat 1d20+8 = 20:
12
dmg 5d6+5 = 29:
5, 4, 3, 6, 6

3: Fire at targets that make themselves a threat 1d20+8 = 13:
5
dmg 5d6+5 = 31:
4, 5, 6, 6, 5

4: Fire at targets that make themselves a threat 1d20+8 = 13:
5
dmg 5d6+5 = 16:
4, 1, 1, 4, 1

5: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+7 = 13:
6

6: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+7 = 20:
13

7: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+7 = 12:
5

8: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+7 = 14:
7

9: Reserved for dodge: 1d20+7 = 16:
9
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:46 pm

(Rolls held)

Sel flies along, eyes characteristically focused on the ground. She hears Ecks comment about firing up the mini-obelisk, and as she is about to comment about getting out of the pocket dimension first, she realizes that the portal they came through (which was a giant cloud on the other side) no longer existed. She quickly looks for a spot on the ground in which is closest to everyone and lands there. She pulls out the magical artifact and holds it with her right hand while putting her left hand out in front of her. As soon as everyone is close enough, she shouts "Everyone take my hand!" She also draws on the ambient mystical energy that is within everyone (although since Naliyah is a spell caster herself, she is unable to draw any mystical energy away from her). She knows that it shouldn't take much to activate the mini-obelisk, but given that she's so low on energy herself, she doesn't want to take the risk of not having enough. The precious few seconds of collecting more energy after finding that out could mean their deaths. Once the other seven are touching her outstretched hand, she pours as much energy into the artifact as is needed until she can sense that something has happened.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d100:
73
/48%
JIC (100): 1d100:
74

JIC (20): 1d20:
19


Current Conditions (as of the end of this post; format is minutes:seconds): Sense Dimensional Anomaly: 9:45 remaining; Sense Temporal Anomaly: 15:30 remaining; See the Invisible (psi-power): 3:30 minutes; Cosmic Armor (4 MDC remaining): 37:30 minutes; Sense Magic (psi-power): 12:30 remaining; Impervious to Fire: 23:00 remaining

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16

Actions
1. Yell at Max and fly over to him
2. hook Max's backpack and fly to Sel
3. Energy Field
4. offer PPE while reaching out to Sel
5.
6.
7.

Skill Roll: Magic (general, determine spells the Sorceress casts) ---> Original post: 1d100:
76
/36%

Claw Attack Rolls (if used)
1 1d20+12 = 20 to hit; 5d6:
6, 3, 6, 5, 4
M.D. damage
2 1d20+12 = 17 to hit; 5d6:
1, 2, 5, 2, 1
M.D. damage
3 1d20+12 = 16 to hit; 5d6:
3, 6, 2, 2, 6
M.D. damage
4 1d20+12 = 15 to hit; 5d6:
1, 4, 5, 2, 2
M.D. damage
5 1d20+12 = 31 to hit; 5d6:
1, 6, 5, 3, 5
M.D. damage
6 1d20+12 = 14 to hit; 5d6:
4, 2, 1, 6, 1
M.D. damage
7 1d20+12 = 15 to hit; 5d6:
1, 3, 5, 6, 2
M.D. damage


Automatic Dodges (if needed)
1 1d20+13 = 27
2 1d20+13 = 14 CRIT FAIL---> use Joyse's Magic Die ( Once per day, the owner can call upon the power of the die to negate one Critical Failure. This depletes the die for the rest of the day, and it may no longer be used until the next sun-up.) Reroll: 1d20+13 = 30
3 1d20+13 = 20
4 1d20+13 = 28
5 1d20+13 = 19
6 1d20+13 = 30




Underguard wrote:
Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:12:45;;
Round: 13

Ley Line Activity: Full Ley Line Storm. Ambient PPE is supercharged and doubled. No modifiers to spells.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform but where the Seven Obelisks are is strangely calm.
Visibility: Full visibility on the platform and looking down to the crater from the platform. Looking out one can barely see through the thick air and stormy weather, though the Super-charged Ley Line is visible, like a tear.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x6


From above, Naliyah casts a magical net towards the enraged sorceress who adeptly dodges and slashes at her cosmic armor again. The weight of the blow surreal and Naliyah can tell her armor is holding by a mere thread. Casting magical net once more, this time point blank, the Sorceress is unable to dodge this one and becomes wrapped up in a net and begins falling to the platform below. Naliyah lets her fall and blasts down with haste, casting Float on Air to Maximillian who is still staggered in the center. Ecks and Victor both are able to jump to the wayside of the platform as it begins losing integrity, battering away ashen as they approach.

From below, Naliyah, Mink and Quinn can all see the Obelisks in the crater begin imploding on themselves in a chain reaction after they downed the last of the central Obelisks. Naliyah and Sel also feel a dire sense of increasingly sickly magic and, as they both look up towards the Ley Line that was once nearly a thousand feet above the crater, they see it falling like a ethereal strand towards the ground.

”This Pocket Dimension! It’s collapsing!” The Ariel shouts.

Naliyah looks up and sees the Sorceress flailing in the magical net and can guess that in about 10 seconds, she’ll hit the platform unless she breaks free.


It worked... it actually worked! thinks the Shing as she senses victory within their grasp.

"Max - hold still!" she yells while flying over to the Battle Cat, hooking a claw in his backpack and dragging the floating feline as she flies to Sel. She will hastily cast an Energy Field (wall form) to make a quick barrier between them and the Sorceress, in case the Sorceress decides to try her powerful blue beam blast again. She then reaches out (and maneuvers Max to do the same) and touches Sel's outstretched hand. "Go! Quickly!" she says, and offers her P.P.E. willingly to Sel to generate the necessary mystic energy to activate the device.

Naliyah's P.P.E.
Sel can use up to 70% of Naliyah's offered P.P.E., per RUE page 186. Nali will offer 36 P.P.E. (allowing 25 P.P.E. to be absorbed and used by Sel)


Contingencies!

Prime Contingency: If Naliyah's Cosmic Armor is popped, she will immediately stop doing whatever she is doing and activate her Superheavy Force Field, and, if falling, cast Float in Air upon herself so she suffers no impact damage.

*IF* any other hostile being closes to within striking distance, Naliyah will furiously shred them with her claws (attack rolls, dodges, and parries are listed above if Naliyah should need any)

*IF* Naliyah is somehow prevented from moving and is forced to fight, her combat rolls are posted above.

Reference Spells

Energy Field
Range: Self or others up to 60 feet away.
Duration: One minute (4 melees) per level of experience or until it is destroyed.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Ten
The magic creates a protective field of energy that can be placed around the mage, others, or an object. The maximum area of protection is about 8 feet, which means it can protect a small room full of people (about 6 to 8 individuals). The energy field appears as a semitransparent wall or bubble that shimmers with a blue-white light.
The field normally provides a total protection of 60 M.D.C., but is doubled at ley lines and tripled at a ley line nexus.


Float in Air
Range: Self or others within 30 feet
Duration: 10 melees per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Five
This spell creates air currents which hold a person or object aloft, hovering about one or two feet above the ground. It can be used to slow someone's descent from a fall or used to float on top of water. Movement is awkward and slow while in the air. The floating individual suffers the following penalties: All attacks, strikes, parries and dodges are at -1; normal speed/movement is reduced by half.
Last edited by Naliyah on Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:12 pm

Perception 65%/1d100:
47
(+25% if a Demon/Monster, Magic, or Psychic Lore would help her find what she is looking for) Pass by 18 or by 41
JIC: 1d20:
8
, 1d100:
29

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 10:
3

Dodges or Parries: 1d20+10 = 22:
12
, 1d20+10 = 23:
13
, 1d20+10 = 19:
9
, 1d20+10 = 30:
20
, 1d20+10 = 29:
19
, 1d20+10 = 15:
5
, 1d20+10 = 11:
1
, 1d20+10 = 22:
12


Mink quips back to Sel as she moves. "My specialty is magical lore and analysis, not dimensional theory; I'd love to leave a drone behind and record it until the end, but no way do I want to be here when that happens. We need to get Nali a radio! And I need to grab my bag before I lose it." She rockets at her best speed towards where her bag is and grabs it, sticking it to the front of her armor with its electromagnetic attachment. She's about to make a rallying call to take down the sorceress. "If we leave her, she will escape and she will come after us. She will be able to do this all again. Where is the Goddess anyway? Is she free? They had her bound up here didn't they? That's who we came to save! Where is the Ariel?" If the Goddess is free, then Mink will link up with the others. If she sees her prone somewhere, Mink will rush to free her - carrying her if its possible or necessary.

Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 70%/1d100:
71
- Find her! FAIL!
Lore: Magic - Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 60%/1d100:
38
- Find the Goddess! PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 75%/1d100:
41
- Find the Goddess! PASS!
Lore: Psychics & Psionics 95%/1d100:
67
- Find the Goddess! PASS!
History: Pre-Rifts 38%/1d100:
65
(Just what is this goddess chick supposed to look like? FAIL!
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 70%/1d100:
72
- How long do we have, precisely? FAIL!
Lore: Magic - Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 60%/1d100:
37
- How long do we have, precisely? PASS!
Intelligence 78%/1d100:
82
- How long do we have, precisely? FAIL!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Perception: 1d100:
23
/ 52%
JIC: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
65

Conditions: Cosmic Armor (46/200 MD, 37:30 minutes duration), Impervious to Fire: 23:30 remaining

Hopefully we can go home, now. Quinn watches, with a gleam of hope in her eyes, as the last obelisk collapses. Her Hope's rises as she witnesses the disappearance of the Baal-Rog. Quinn wills herself to fly back towards the portal where the entered this dimension.
Selenidaria wrote:"What would be the consequences of someone still inside of the pocket dimension when it finally completely collapses?"
Brianna wrote:”We need to get out of here!”

"You don't have to tell me twice. Just show me where the exit is." Quinn doesn't take the lead, nor does she allow herself to be the last one. There's no place like home. She stays with the group and well above any Ashen.

Combat Mechanics if necessary
Initiative: 1d20:
18

APM: 5

Action 1: Fly towards the exit portal.
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
17

Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
15

Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
12

Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
14


Parries: 1d20+3 = 18:
15
, 1d20+3 = 17:
14
, 1d20+3 = 16:
13
, 1d20+3 = 18:
15
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:35 pm

(Rolls Held)

Mink wrote:Mink quips back to Sel as she moves. "My specialty is magical lore and analysis, not dimensional theory; I'd love to leave a drone behind and record it until the end, but no way do I want to be here when that happens. We need to get Nali a radio! And I need to grab my bag before I lose it." She rockets at her best speed towards where her bag is and grabs it, sticking it to the front of her armor with its electromagnetic attachment. She's about to make a rallying call to take down the sorceress. "If we leave her, she will escape and she will come after us. She will be able to do this all again. Where is the Goddess anyway? Is she free? They had her bound up here didn't they? That's who we came to save! Where is the Ariel?" If the Goddess is free, then Mink will link up with the others. If she sees her prone somewhere, Mink will rush to free her - carrying her if its possible or necessary.


"Well then, in your best estimation, that circle and the ritual that they were using, would it have the ability to target a creature in a different dimension than where the ritual is being conducted, or would the target need to be in the same dimension as where the ritual is being performed?" Sel asks Mink as she ponders the question herself (Lore: Magic - General 1d100:
46
/52%)
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:13:00;;
Round: 14

Ley Line Activity: Crumbling; there is no ambient energy and the storm is chaotic
Weather: Incredible winds circle pick up on the platform and ley line strikes randomly with no Obelisks.
Visibility: Full visibility on the platform and looking down to the crater from the platform. Looking out one can barely see through the thick air and stormy weather, though the Super-charged Ley Line is visible, like a tear.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x4


The conditions of the environment worsen drastically as several bolts of magical energy begin impacting in sporadic locations and the wings pick up dramatically around them. The Obelisks seemed to be the only thing holding the storm at bay, and even though the Ley Line is falling, it seems as those it's storm is still in effect and growing even more potent.

Naliyah swoops in and grabs Max as he tries to steady a few shots at the falling sorceress and moves to Sel. Sel thinks for a moment and comes to a disturbing revelation regarding those trapped inside a vanishing dimension. They, like the dimension in question, would simply cease to exist. Sel can't tell how long they have, but she does note the Ley Line above is crashing down like an ethereal strand and will likely collide with the crater within the minute more than likely. Naliyah also creates an energy barrier between them and the falling sorceress, though neither she, nor Max, nor Sel, can see any other Ashen on the platform. As if they have all been blown off. Sel readies the hand-held obelisk to signal for teleportation back to the garden.

Brianna begins to call out to the others and suddenly feels a splitting headache begin to creep over her; a sensation she is all too familiar with that has been slightly subdued. She feels the effects of a mindstorm encroaching and, were it not for her cosmic armor keeping her afloat, she would've fallen to the ground amidst the growing pain. Her effort to fly towards the portals they entered from halted and her grip on her rune sword almost lost, though in a split second of focus she manages to maintain her grip.

Brianna's flash
Brianna has a flash of sudden white light wash over her eyes and she sees the group escaping without a hitch but then sees the Sorceress free herself and vanish in a wisp of energy just as the Ley Line collides with the ground. She sees a yellow transparent diamond floating in darkness with a woman chained within. Then, suddenly she is surrounded by what appear to be like the angels of old, Gabriel stands among them. Only, Gabriel does not have a smile, and the other three have weapons drawn before she sees her allies in chains before them.


The effects of the mindstorm fade though her splitting headache is strong. -2 APM, -Initiative, Half Speed and Skill checks for one round as you recover.


Quinn is the only one who notices the crack in Brianna's voice as she calls out for the group to evacuate and her immediate though is a mindstorm is taking affect. Though she cannot ascertain why, she does see Brianna is struggling to move closer to Sel and the others.

Mink does a swift analysis of the situation, she spots the Ariel nearby looking rather worried, and notes that the hole in the center is oddly circular considering the explosions and decides to take a look over the ledge. What looks to be a pool of darkness has but one source of yellow light within it, and Mink can identify it as a magical source, though she cannot see what is inside of it. It is at the base of the mountain in comparison to the platform, but deep within the hole. Mink then sees Brianna fall under a mindstorm, a feeling she was familiar with as well and also notices that it seems to only be Brianna who is affected. Sel also reasons that the Goddess would likely be somewhere nearby based on the Obelisks and what little they have been able to discern.

Mink and Quinn both spot the Sorceress break free from her bindings mid fall and Mink is mildly surprised as she divebombs down into the hole, utterly ignoring everyone else. Ecks and Max both fire several shots at her, as does Victor, and as far as Mink and Quinn can tell, they impact but she does not waver in her descent.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:41 am

Perception: 1d100:
52
/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100:
26
/1d20:
9

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Cosmic Armor (55/200 MDC, ends in 36 minutes 45 seconds, fly at 375 mph, or about 8250'/melee, or 1,031'/action), Superhuman Strength (SNPS 30, ends in 30 seconds), Impervious to Fire (ends in 28 minutes 30 seconds)
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19:
18


Mink wrote:Mink quips back to Sel as she moves. "My specialty is magical lore and analysis, not dimensional theory; I'd love to leave a drone behind and record it until the end, but no way do I want to be here when that happens. We need to get Nali a radio! And I need to grab my bag before I lose it." She rockets at her best speed towards where her bag is and grabs it, sticking it to the front of her armor with its electromagnetic attachment. She's about to make a rallying call to take down the sorceress. "If we leave her, she will escape and she will come after us. She will be able to do this all again. Where is the Goddess anyway? Is she free? They had her bound up here didn't they? That's who we came to save! Where is the Ariel?" If the Goddess is free, then Mink will link up with the others. If she sees her prone somewhere, Mink will rush to free her - carrying her if its possible or necessary.


Underguard wrote:Naliyah swoops in and grabs Max as he tries to steady a few shots at the falling sorceress and moves to Sel. Sel thinks for a moment and comes to a disturbing revelation regarding those trapped inside a vanishing dimension. They, like the dimension in question, would simply cease to exist. Sel can't tell how long they have, but she does note the Ley Line above is crashing down like an ethereal strand and will likely collide with the crater within the minute more than likely. Naliyah also creates an energy barrier between them and the falling sorceress, though neither she, nor Max, nor Sel, can see any other Ashen on the platform. As if they have all been blown off. Sel readies the hand-held obelisk to signal for teleportation back to the garden.


The wheels start turning in Selenidaria's head as she comes to the sudden realization that the goddess Isis is in this pocket dimension. It only takes her a moment to think about where the goddess is if she were here to come to the realization that she must have been in the mountain directly under the ritual site, because she sees no other holes or chasms or caves that lead into the mountain, but mainly because the Sorceress, who is trying to kill the goddess, just went down the hole created by the destroyed ritual site. Oh my Goddess! Did we do their work for them? She thinks to herself as she flies at top speed toward and down into the hole, moving around the energy barrier that Naliyah created, shouting at the top of her voice "The goddess is still here! We have to go save her!"

Seledidaria's Combat Actions
Initiative: 19
Action 1: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 19:
11
Damage: 3d6:
3, 4, 4
MD
Action 2: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 26:
18
Damage: 3d6:
2, 3, 3
MD
Action 3: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 9:
1
Damage: 3d6:
6, 6, 5
MD Nat 1!
Action 4: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 20:
12
Damage: 3d6:
5, 5, 3
MD
Action 5: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 14:
6
Damage: 3d6:
4, 1, 5
MD
Action 6: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 20:
12
Damage: 3d6:
3, 6, 5
MD
Action 7: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 21:
13
Damage: 3d6:
3, 1, 5
MD
Action 8: Fly by attack with Skorblade Strike: 1d20+8 = 18:
10
Damage: 3d6:
6, 2, 4
MD

Sel will attack the Sorceress as she passes her down the hole, and will do so during any action she is within striking range of her, but she will not slow her speed to continue combat.

Parries: 1d20+7 = 18:
11
, 1d20+7 = 13:
6
, 1d20+7 = 24:
17
, 1d20+7 = 22:
15
, 1d20+7 = 16:
9
, 1d20+7 = 26:
19
, 1d20+7 = 12:
5
, 1d20+7 = 15:
8
Last edited by Selenidaria on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Perception: 1d100:
29
(63%)
JIC: 1d20:
4
, 1d100:
85

Initiative: n/a
APM: 3 (-2 APM, - initiative, half speed and skill checks for one round due to mind storm)

See the invisible – duration: 6 minutes, 25 seconds

1d10:
2


Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour: MDC: 16/200 remaining
Impervious to Fire: 23:45 remaining

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 70/102 (x6)

Brianna groans inwardly when she feels the all too familiar sensation of a mind storm. Ugh! Now is really not the time! Brianna thinks to herself. Clutching her head with her free hand, Brianna is shocked by what she sees in the vision. The goddess! We have to save her! Brianna had been so focused on destroying the obelisks, she had forgotten about the goddess. That's.. embarrassing. Once the mind storm ends, Brianna shakes her head, trying to clear it. I need, like, a dozen asprin once we're done.'

Brianna nods at Sel's comment. ”Sel is right – the goddess is here, trapped in a yellow transparent diamond! We can't leave until we save her! If we do, it won't end well for us! Trust me on this one!” Brianna looks around to see if she can see any sign of this yellow diamond she had seen in her vision. Seeing Sel flying down into the hole, Brianna follows, hoping they're not too late in saving the goddess.

Actions
1. goes through mind storm
2. talks to the others
3. follows Sel down into the hole


auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+3 = 23:
20

1d20+3 = 6:
3

1d20+3 = 19:
16
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d100:
62
/ 52%
JIC: 1d20:
6
/ 1d100:
54

Conditions: Cosmic Armor (46/200 MD, 37:30 minutes duration), Impervious to Fire: 23:30 remaining

Hopefully we can go home, now. Quinn watches, with a gleam of hope in her eyes, as the last obelisk collapses. Her Hope's rises as she witnesses the disappearance of the Baal-Rog. Quinn wills herself to fly back towards the portal where the entered this dimension.
Selenidaria wrote:"What would be the consequences of someone still inside of the pocket dimension when it finally completely collapses?"
Brianna wrote:”We need to get out of here!”

"You don't have to tell me twice. Just show me where the exit is." Quinn doesn't take the lead, nor does she allow herself to be the last one. There's no place like home. She stays with the group and well above any Ashen.Quinn notices the sorceress break free of her bindings and continues her descent. Quinn even notes that the sorceress takes a couple of direct hits and still does not waiver.

Brianna wrote:”Sel is right – the goddess is here, trapped in a yellow transparent diamond! We can't leave until we save her! If we do, it won't end well for us! Trust me on this one!”


"Wait!? The goddess is here? Like in a physical form?" Quinn pauses. "Well then it's probably a bad thing that the sorceress broke free and is continuing to descend into the hole where the obelisk was."

Combat Mechanics if necessary
Initiative: 1d20:
6

APM: 5

Action 1: Fly towards the exit portal.
Action 2: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
11

Action 3: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
3

Action 4: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
10

Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
7


Contingency: If the others follow the sorceress down the rabbit hole, Quinn will follow and fire upon the sorceress when line of sight is clear for a shot.

Action 1: Fire NG-33 at sorceress. Strike: 1d20+2 = 3:
1
Damage: 2d4:
2, 3

Action 2: Fire NG-33 at sorceress. Strike: 1d20+2 = 10:
8
Damage: 2d4:
2, 4

Action 3: Fire NG-33 at sorceress. Strike: 1d20+2 = 17:
15
Damage: 2d4:
1, 3

Action 4: Fire NG-33 at sorceress. Strike: 1d20+2 = 14:
12
Damage: 2d4:
2, 4

Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
15



Parries: 1d20+3 = 23:
20
, 1d20+3 = 16:
13
, 1d20+3 = 12:
9
, 1d20+3 = 18:
15
1d20+3 = 6:
3
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Perception: 1d100:
63

JIC: 1d20:
2

JIC: 1d100:
4

Initiative: 1d20:
2


Max is stuck as the platform falls apart around him. He is about to bound away when he sees Nali coming to save him and Sel. She scoops him up to safety. He helps to grab Selenidaria as they fly close. Max is thinking its time to skate make to Madhaven. He and Ecks were shooting at the sorceress in effort to stop her from doing anything else.

He sees her break away from the net and fall off into the dark abyss of the hole that had opened up. Seems like a win crazy broad fall away from us bye Felicia

Which leads to his question as Sel leaps in after. Max is not really certain what she was going on about, about a yellow gem and the goddess. But she needs our help. "Lets go help, I can only fall, I need your help. You fly and I'll shoot." He exclaims to Naliyah.
The partnerships is a team hes done before. But he had always flown, never been the gunner. He focuses his aim and fires on the sorceress again. Three shots remaining and a reload. And a prayer under his breath that this is the right thing to do.

Action #1: 1d20:
5
+3 to strike, = 2d4:
4, 3
MD at the falling sorceress
Action #2: 1d20:
15
+3 to strike, = 2d4:
2, 3
MD at the falling sorceress
Action #3: 1d20:
10
+3 to strike, = 2d4:
4, 4
MD at the falling sorceress
Action #4: reload

"Hail Mary full of grace. Hallowed be thy name. Dont let us fuck this up."


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:41 am

Perception: 1d100:
19
/48%

JIC (100): 1d100:
41

JIC (20): 1d20:
10


Current Conditions (as of the end of this post; format is minutes:seconds): Sense Dimensional Anomaly: 9:30 remaining; Sense Temporal Anomaly: 15:15 remaining; See the Invisible (psi-power): 3:15 minutes; Cosmic Armor (4 MDC remaining): 37:15 minutes; Sense Magic (psi-power): 12:15 remaining; Impervious to Fire: 22:45 remaining

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9

Actions
1. Figure out WTF is going on with this "goddess" thing, and begin casting Cosmic Armor
2. Finish casting Cosmic Armor, fly toward hole with Max in tow
3.- ??? (see contingencies)

Skill Roll:

Claw Attack Rolls (if used)
1. 1d20+12 = 13 to hit; 5d6:
1, 3, 4, 5, 1
M.D. damage eww, Nat 1
2. 1d20+12 = 25 to hit; 5d6:
6, 3, 5, 2, 2
M.D. damage
3. 1d20+12 = 26 to hit; 5d6:
3, 6, 2, 2, 1
M.D. damage
4. 1d20+12 = 14 to hit; 5d6:
1, 2, 4, 4, 3
M.D. damage
5. 1d20+12 = 18 to hit; 5d6:
1, 3, 1, 5, 6
M.D. damage


Automatic Dodges (if needed)
1. 1d20+13 = 22
2. 1d20+13 = 17
3. 1d20+13 = 27
4. 1d20+13 = 15
5. 1d20+13 = 29
6. 1d20+13 = 22






Selenidaria wrote:she flies at top speed toward and down into the hole, shouting at the top of her voice "The goddess is still here! We have to go save her!"


The Shing blinks.

Goddess? What?

"What are you talking about, what goddess?" she shouts after Sel, as she mentally cancels the Energy Field barrier that was blocking the group from the direction of the Sorceress so they can move freely.

Brianna Clarke wrote:Brianna nods at Sel's comment. ”Sel is right – the goddess is here, trapped in a yellow transparent diamond! We can't leave until we save her! If we do, it won't end well for us! Trust me on this one!”


Naliyah is quickly looking back and forth at the two women who suddenly seem intent on saving some goddess that was previously unmentioned. She shakes off her momentary confusion and gets to it.

Whatever it is, it's obviously important enough for us to deal with before leaving... she thinks as she refocuses on the new objective - save the goddess at all costs!

Yellow transparent diamond? she thinks, as she looks toward the hole the others are moving toward.

She looks around and narrows her eyes... where did that Sorceress go...? wonders the Dimensional Lion warily.

Quinn wrote:"Wait!? The goddess is here? Like in a physical form?" Quinn pauses. "Well then it's probably a bad thing that the sorceress broke free and is continuing to descend into the hole where the obelisk was."


Well, that answers that... thinks Naliyah as she quickly prepares to follow, but then suddenly remembers her Cosmic Armor is hanging on by a thread and falters

Max wrote:"Lets go help, I can only fall, I need your help. You fly and I'll shoot."


Naliyah nods. "One moment - my Cosmic Armor is hanging on by a thread, and if it goes, we don't fly anymore!" she exclaims, and proceeds to cast Cosmic Armor upon herself.

She then nods to Max: "Okay, let's go - be careful, we have no idea what she's got down there, and I'm nearly out of magical energy reserves..." says the Shing before she follows the others down into the hole blindly.

Okay, transparent yellow diamond... where are you? she thinks.

Contingencies!

Prime Contingency: If Naliyah's Cosmic Armor is popped, she will immediately stop doing whatever she is doing and activate her Superheavy Force Field, and, if falling, cast Float in Air upon herself if she's a significant distance above the ground (i.e. if she thinks she might be damaged by a fall).

*IF* any other hostile being closes to within striking distance, Naliyah will furiously shred them with her claws (attack rolls, dodges, and parries are listed above if Naliyah should need any)

*IF* Naliyah is somehow prevented from moving and is forced to fight, her combat rolls are posted above.

*IF* Naliyah encounters the Sorceress trying to escape the hole, she will interpose herself in the way and do everything she can to prevent the Sorceress from leaving, including engaging in hand-to-hand (claw-to-hand?) combat (rolls above)

*IF* the Sorceress somehow breaks free of melee and looks to be escaping, Naliyah will pursue and cast Magic Net on her repeatedly, hoping to ensnare the Sorceress again and prevent her escape

Reference Spells

Cosmic Armor
Range: Self, or one other by touch.
Duration: 10 minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Standard for unwilling recipients.
P.P.E.: Forty-Five
Cosmic Armor is as close as one comes to a magic, armored combat spacesuit. It appears as a form fitting suit of EBA body armor that covers the wearer from head to toe in what looks to be a silver or chrome colored, metallic material with a faint blue tint to it. The head is covered in an ornate, chrome helmet with a tinted, polarized visor, and the entire armor resembles something akin to a Cosmo-Knight.
Cosmic Armor is an enhanced version of Armor of Ithan that also provides complete protection from all the negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) as well as provides basic flight capabilities.
Features of Cosmic Armor:
• The character can breathe for as long as the spell is in place.
• Enjoys a constant comfortable internal temperature and is protected from cold, radiation and extreme blasts of heat.
• Cosmic Armor can hover, and flies at a speed of Mach One (half in an atmosphere, ~375mph)
• Armor has 50 M.D.C. per level of experience!
• Magic and M.D. cold and heat/fire/plasma attacks do half damage to the Cosmic Armor.
• Spells may be cast and psionic powers used while wearing Cosmic Armor, and additional magic may be combined with it, such as other methods of flight, communications, etc.
Limitations: Reduce flying speed by half in an atmosphere. The armored protection also restricts movement a bit, and inflicts a penalty of -5% to all Physical skills such as Acrobatics, Climbing, and similar, and -10% to Palming, Pick Pocket, Prowl, Safe-Cracking, Seduction and most Medical and highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


Magic Net
Range: 60 feet
Duration: Two melees (30 seconds) per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: Dodge of 16 or higher.
P.P.E.: Seven
This spell creates a net composed of magic fibers and can snare up to 1-6 human-sized victims within a 10 foot area. Normal weapons can not cut through the net; only Mega-Damage weapons, magic weapons, and magic can affect this net. Even then, it requires a full two melee rounds to cut or blast out (a Dispel Magic Barriers will dispel it instantly). Anyone caught in the Magic Net is helpless and unable to attack or defend. The spell caster can cancel the net at any time.
Note: A Magic Net can trap beings larger than human-sized provided the spell does not exceed the normal area of effect. To hurt someone already caught in a Magic Net without harming the net itself requires a Called Shot or a roll of 16 or higher to strike. Characters caught in a Magic Net can Turn to Mist or Teleport out of the net. However, this will require a successful saving throw vs magic. A character who was intangible/mist before the Net was cast is NOT caught by it.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:09 am

Perception: 68%/1d100:
21
(93% proficiency if a Lore check helps) (SUCCESS)
JIC: 1d20:
7
, 1d100:
19

Invoke Trust 60%/1d100:
95
(to get the Ariel to follow her as she flies to the hole (Wow the FAIL, guess I looked more commanding than imploring - damn my confidence!)
Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 75%/1d100:
31
: What is she hoping to accomplish??! (SUCCESS)
Lore: Magic - Recognize Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 65%/1d100:
91
- What is that down there? Is it what this dimension is using as a power source? FAIL
Lore: Magic - Recognize Enchantment: 57%/1d100:
69
- What is that down there? Is it what this dimension is using as a power source? FAIL
Lore: Demons & Monsters 80%/1d100:
17
: What is she hoping to accomplish?!? (SUCCESS)
Language: Demongogian: 95%/1d100:
90
(SUCCESS)
Intelligence: 82%/1d100:
81
: What am I missing? (SUCCESS)


As Mink notices the Ariel and motions her to follow, hoping the supernatural being follows out of curiosity if nothing else. If the angel follows her close enough to be able to speak to her, Mink calls out to her. "Is that Isis down there? Or whatever represents her here?" It doesn't even occur to Mink she's gesturing with the scythe or being far too casual with a being used to deference. Surely she knows that in this situation, a bit of rudeness could be excused?

Whether the angel follows, answers, or otherwise engages, Mink is on an intercept course, trying catch the sorceress before she can enter the hole created by the destruction of the obelisks. As she does, she looks again, trying to figure out why the sorceress is going there. What is her game? There is an obvious answer, but Mink doesn't trust that to be the case, and so keeps an open mind as she observes the sorceress and the gaping hole in the mountain that leads to ....utter darkness?

A song, unbidden comes to mind as she flies in, heedless of the storm, heedless of the danger of her opponent, and truly not there to deal with her, but truly pushing through her fear, her ignorance, and her mortal peril. 'I will never be afraid again. I will keep on fighting til the end. I can walk on water. I can fly. I will keep on fighting till I die.' It seems silly, but it fits her mood and despite everything there is a small smile on her face as she connects with the source of all of this pain. She does not grab her with her arms, but rather uses the rune scythe as a lever. Utilizing her own intense acrobatic control, mid flight, she uses the sorceress and the scythe as a kind of pendulum, building up greater speed and redirects her not to the hole, but to a convenient piece of ground nearby. She addresses the rune item in her hands, even as it burns her hands in protest to her use, and in defiance of logic and physics, since her hands are not physically grasping the weapon. 'Scythe, I don't know who you are, what your purpose is, or why you worked with this woman, but none of that matters right now. She cannot enter here. You will assist me. Bring her down! Do what is necessary. Reject her and serve the needs of reality!'

As the sorceress hits the ground, she yells in demongogian, her voice amplified by the suit's loudspeakers to be heard over the storm. "Stay down you murderous reprobate! Stay down or die!" To anyone who does not speak the language it will sound like the worst possible curse. As she does, aside from her enemy's movements, her mind is racing through all the clues for what she is missing. Something aside from escape is on her mind. WHAT IS IT?

Initiative (EP Critical Success; +7 bonus)
Actions 1-3: Get the Ariel's attention and ask her the question if she follows
Actions 4-8: Get to the Sorceress (avoiding any barriers) and do a fancy body slam with the scythe.
EP Critical Success on Pilot Jet Packs
EP Critical Success on Strike to throw her
EP Critical Success on Knockdown percentage.


All other actions will spent on defense and avoidance, and in general keeping her away from the hole.
Dodges or Parries: 1d20+10 = 28:
18
, 1d20+10 = 19:
9
, 1d20+10 = 26:
16
, 1d20+10 = 11:
1
, 1d20+10 = 27:
17
, 1d20+10 = 26:
16
, 1d20+10 = 16:
6
, 1d20+10 = 16:
6
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:27 pm

Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:13:15;;
Round: 15

Ley Line Activity: Full Ley Line Storm. Ambient PPE is supercharged and doubled. No modifiers to spells.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform but where the Seven Obelisks are is strangely calm.
Visibility: Full visibility on the platform and looking down to the crater from the platform. Looking out one can barely see through the thick air and stormy weather, though the Super-charged Ley Line is visible, like a tear.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x4


Mink is able to flag down the Ariel who follows in suit, however flies faster than Mink. They are both able to adeptly maneuver around Naliyah’s barrier. Mink, however, is able to voice her question about what is down there prompting the Ariel to nod mid flight. “Yes.” Is all she hears in response as the ariel barrels down the hole. Mink can tell the Ariel is heading towards the light and not directly towards the sorceress. Meanwhile, she isn’t able to discern much on the crystalline diamond, though she can definitely start to make out its transparency as she approaches and an obvious silhouette within it. The Sorceress looks like she wants to get to it first, for what purpose is unclear.

Sel is able to blitz past Mink and essentially follows the Ariel down, though she lands a few strikes on the Sorceress who snarls and parries the first one with an energy blade, Sel’s second strike landing true before the blade is knocked from her hand by the next parry and falls. Sel, moving faster than her falling blade, disengages and continues down towards the prism with the Ariel. Both moving faster than the sorceress.

Naliyah disables her barrier after several of the crew fly around it and reactivates her Cosmic Armor, refreshing it and signalling Max to jump on her back as she flies down. She is quickly able to go into the hole and spots the Sorceress, whom Max sees faintly and attempts to shoot. His first attack misses, though his other two rounds impact her.

Quinn follows the others down the hole with Bri in hot pursuit. Quinn spots the Sorceress beyond Naliyah and Mink, though her first shot splashes across Naliyah’s rebuffed cosmic armor (nat 1). Her following shots do seem to strike. Brianna ignores the Sorceress and follows the Ariel and Sel to the diamond and it is a match to what appeared in her vision, passing her. Bri also has a though of the way they used the rune items to break the Obelisks, and the fact she was specifically given the dagger before this mission; an Isis loyal dagger.

Mink levels the scythe at the Sorceress and catches her in the blade, coming across her chest as she hefts and throws her back up, using her own momentum to counter the Sorceress who is moderately surprised at the impact and following reversal of her trajectory. She is able to swing her to the side and launch her back towards the mouth of the hole. Directly in Nali's path, though Mink feels a spike of burning pain from her main arm as she connects to the sorceress. Naliyah does a slash and the power behind her strike causes her to flip in trajectory, nearly launching Max off her back who is only able to maintain his hold by a mere thread. The sorceress is now behind the pair of them and in between them and Quinn.

Mink, Sel, and Bri arrive at the diamond prism and, though it is transparent, they only see a silhouette within it. Sel sees a massive influx of magical energies, and can tell this is a type of prison as she senses the magic emanating from it. The ariel places her hand on the prism. “She’s here. We must release her.”

Up above, Ecks and Victor take turns demolishing the Ashen that are still trying to reclimb to the top to prevent them from being overwhelmed. The team, barring Naliyah, hear Ecks over the radio ”That Ley Line is going to hit soon; whatever you’re going to do down there, do it fast!”


Underguard's Bill of Damages
These totals are cumulative and incorporate past bills.
  1. Ecks: -15 S.D.C. | Impervious to Fire: 23:45;; Cosmic Armor popped ;; -16 S.D.C. from Battle Suit Main Body from the Fall
  2. Brianna: Impervious to Fire: 23:30 remaining ;; -144 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  3. Mink: Impervious to Fire: 22:45;; Armor of Ithan ;; -21 (-5 this round) Direct H.P. -- Cosmic Armor popped
  4. Selenidaria: Impervious to Fire: 23:45;; -145 from Cosmic Armor ;; Blue Boy PA has motor movement: sensors and weapons currently inoperable.
  5. Victor: -46 M.D.C. from Heavy Force Field ;; Impervious to Fire: 24:15;; Prophet P.A Main Body -43;; Cosmic Armor popped ;; -4 Fusion Blocks
  6. Maximillian: -15 S.D.C. | Impervious to Fire: 22:30 remaining ;; Cosmic Armor popped
  7. Quinn: Impervious to Fire: 23:45 remaining ;; -154 M.D.C. from Cosmic Armor
  8. Naliyah: -8 Direct H.P. ;; Impervious to Fire: 23:45 remaining ;; -2 Cosmic Armor
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:15 am

Perception: 1d100:
39
/85%
JIC: 1d20:
17
/1d100:
38

Initiative; 1d20+1 = 6:
5


Ecks does his best to repel the Ashen along with Victor up top while everyone else moves below. Unfortunately the descending leyline threatens them. He will keep firing at the Ashen until the leyline is on top of them. When it gets near he will leap into the hole and aim to land on the gem that encases the sorceress.

APM:
1-8: general attack rolls 1d20+9 = 29:
20
, 1d20+9 = 11:
2
, 1d20+9 = 15:
6
, 1d20+9 = 26:
17
1d20+9 = 27:
18
, 1d20+9 = 20:
11
, 1d20+9 = 21:
12
, 1d20+9 = 16:
7

9: Jump into the hole (when the leyline get close)

Parries: 1d20+7 = 17:
10
,1d20+7 = 18:
11
,1d20+7 = 16:
9
,1d20+7 = 22:
15
1d20+7 = 11:
4
,1d20+7 = 15:
8
,1d20+7 = 12:
5
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Perception: 1d100:
74
/ 52%
JIC: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
8

Conditions: Cosmic Armor (46/200 MD, 37:15 minutes duration), Impervious to Fire: 23:15 remaining

Filling up with anger and embarrassment for hitting her teammate, Quinn raises her pistol at the sorceress again. She fires in an attempt to keep the sorceress occupied while the others help the goddess. I hope my.magic armor doesn't fail or anything. I got nothing to save me. Quinn fires several shots. If the sources starts to peruse Quinn, she will slowly back away from the hole. If the sorceress does not pursue Quinn, Quinn will stay where she is and continue to fire.

Combat Mechanics
Initiative: 1d20:
10

APM: 5

Action 1: Attack sorceress with NG-33. Strike: 1d20+2 = 8:
6
Damage: 2d4:
2, 2

Action 2: Attack sorceress with NG-33. Strike: 1d20+2 = 18:
16
Damage: 2d4:
2, 2

Action 3: Attack sorceress with NG-33. Strike: 1d20+2 = 11:
9
Damage: 2d4:
2, 1

Action 4: Attack sorceress with NG-33. Strike: 1d20+2 = 7:
5
Damage: 2d4:
2, 1

Action 5: Reserved for Dodge 1d20:
7


Parries: 1d20+3 = 5:
2
, 1d20+3 = 18:
15
, 1d20+3 = 18:
15
, 1d20+3 = 15:
12
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:58 pm

Perception: 1d100:
54
(63%)
JIC: 1d20:
8
, 1d100:
70

Initiative: 1d20:
7

APM: 5

See the invisible – duration: 5 minutes, 55 seconds

1d10:
10


Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour: MDC: 16/200 remaining
Impervious to Fire: 23:30 remaining

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 36/68 (x4)

Brianna breathes a sigh of relief when they are able to find the godess. We're not too late! We can still save her! Turning to Mink and Sel, Brianna says, ”We can get her out! We need to use our weapons to do it, like with the Obelisks.” Taking a deep breath, Brianna readies herself to strike the diamond with Maia. I really hope we don't stab her. Realizing that they didn't have a lot of time, Brianna stabs at the diamond prison with Maia.

Actions
1. breathes a sigh of relief
2. talks to the others
3. stabs at goddess's prison with Maia. 1d20+3 = 8:
5

4. stabs at goddess's prison with Maia. 1d20+3 = 13:
10

5. stabs at goddess's prison with Maia. 1d20+3 = 8:
5


auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+3 = 15:
12

1d20+3 = 23:
20

1d20+3 = 16:
13

1d20+3 = 23:
20

1d20+3 = 4:
1
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Perception: 1d100:
22
/37% (52% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100:
20
/1d20:
4

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Cosmic Armor (55/200 MDC, ends in 36 minutes 30 seconds, fly at 375 mph, or about 8250'/melee, or 1,031'/action), Superhuman Strength (SNPS 30, ends in 15 seconds), Impervious to Fire (ends in 28 minutes 15 seconds)
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21:
20


Sel reaches her hand up and tries to catch her falling blade. If she catches the Skorblade, then she will move to engage the Sorceress to keep her off of the others who are trying to free Isis. Otherwise Sel will pick up her fallen weapon then keep the Sorceress' attention focused on her by performing Judo throws to keep her down, and following those up with sword strikes while the Sorceress is on the ground.

Selenidaria's Combat Actions
Initaitive: 21
Action 1: Catch falling blade 1d20+5 = 9:
4
(if my strike roll should be unmodified, the it's -5)
Action 2: Pick up sword if she failed to catch it or Perform a Judo Throw against the Sorceress 1d20+5 = 16:
11

Action 3: Strike with sword if the Sorceress is on the ground or Judo Throw if not 1d20+5 = 17:
12
(+3 for strike with sword) (3d6:
5, 3, 4
MD if she hits with the sword)
Action 4: Strike with sword if the Sorceress is on the ground or Judo Throw if not 1d20+5 = 9:
4
(+3 for strike with sword) (3d6:
3, 2, 1
MD if she hits with the sword)
Action 5: Strike with sword if the Sorceress is on the ground or Judo Throw if not 1d20+5 = 20:
15
(+3 for strike with sword) (3d6:
2, 3, 1
MD if she hits with the sword)
Action 6: Strike with sword if the Sorceress is on the ground or Judo Throw if not 1d20+5 = 16:
11
(+3 for strike with sword) (3d6:
1, 2, 6
MD if she hits with the sword)
Action 7: Strike with sword if the Sorceress is on the ground or Judo Throw if not 1d20+5 = 15:
10
(+3 for strike with sword) (3d6:
6, 5, 1
MD if she hits with the sword)
Action 8: Strike with sword if the Sorceress is on the ground or Judo Throw if not 1d20+5 = 18:
13
(+3 for strike with sword) (3d6:
3, 2, 6
MD if she hits with the sword)
Action 9: Strike with sword if the Sorceress is on the ground or Judo Throw if not 1d20+5 = 17:
12
(+3 for strike with sword) (3d6:
6, 1, 3
MD if she hits with the sword)

Parries: 1d20+8 = 22:
14
, 1d20+8 = 15:
7
, 1d20+8 = 23:
15
, 1d20+8 = 11:
3
, 1d20+8 = 24:
16
, 1d20+8 = 18:
10
, 1d20+8 = 20:
12
, 1d20+8 = 21:
13
, 1d20+8 = 26:
18
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:00 am

Perception: 1d100:
69
/48%
JIC (100): 1d100:
58

JIC (20): 1d20:
7


Current Conditions (as of the end of this post; format is minutes:seconds): Sense Dimensional Anomaly: 9:15 remaining; Sense Temporal Anomaly: 15:00 remaining; See the Invisible (psi-power): 3:00 minutes; Cosmic Armor (248 MDC remaining): 37:00 minutes; Sense Magic (psi-power): 12:00 remaining; Impervious to Fire: 22:30 remaining

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22

Actions
1. Pounce at Sorceress (close & attack)
2-7 Attacks below (unless Sorceress is disarmed and surrenders)

Skill Roll:

Claw Attack Rolls (if used)
1. 1d20+12 = 31 to hit; 5d6:
5, 6, 5, 2, 6
M.D. damage
2. 1d20+12 = 25 to hit; 5d6:
2, 4, 3, 5, 4
M.D. damage
3. 1d20+12 = 30 to hit; 5d6:
1, 4, 1, 2, 6
M.D. damage
4. 1d20+12 = 25 to hit; 5d6:
6, 6, 3, 6, 5
M.D. damage
5. 1d20+12 = 30 to hit; 5d6:
1, 1, 3, 2, 4
M.D. damage
6. 1d20+12 = 23 to hit; 5d6:
3, 3, 3, 6, 2
M.D. damage
7. 1d20+12 = 13 to hit; 5d6:
6, 1, 1, 4, 3
M.D. damage

Automatic Dodges (if needed)
1. 1d20+13 = 32
2. 1d20+13 = 22
3. 1d20+13 = 28
4. 1d20+13 = 17
5. 1d20+13 = 21
6. 1d20+13 = 30
7. 1d20+13 = 14




Underguard wrote:
Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:13:15;;
Round: 15

Ley Line Activity: Full Ley Line Storm. Ambient PPE is supercharged and doubled. No modifiers to spells.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform but where the Seven Obelisks are is strangely calm.
Visibility: Full visibility on the platform and looking down to the crater from the platform. Looking out one can barely see through the thick air and stormy weather, though the Super-charged Ley Line is visible, like a tear.
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x4


Naliyah disables her barrier after several of the crew fly around it and reactivates her Cosmic Armor, refreshing it and signalling Max to jump on her back as she flies down. She is quickly able to go into the hole and spots the Sorceress, whom Max sees faintly and attempts to shoot. His first attack misses, though his other two rounds impact her.

Naliyah does a slash and the power behind her strike causes her to flip in trajectory, nearly launching Max off her back who is only able to maintain his hold by a mere thread. The sorceress is now behind the pair of them and in between them and Quinn.

Mink, Sel, and Bri arrive at the diamond prism and, though it is transparent, they only see a silhouette within it. Sel sees a massive influx of magical energies, and can tell this is a type of prison as she senses the magic emanating from it. The ariel places her hand on the prism. “She’s here. We must release her.”


Time to end this... thinks Naliyah as she steels herself.

"It's over, you've lost! Give it up!" cries the Shing as she launches herself at the Sorceress and engages.

Her Cosmic Armor refreshed and at full power, the Dimensional Lioness savagely rips at the Sorcress, formidably flailing forceful feline fury at their remaining nemesis. Naliyah will only let up if the Sorceress is disarmed and fully surrenders.

Contingencies!

Prime Contingency: If Naliyah's Cosmic Armor is popped, she will immediately stop doing whatever she is doing and activate her Superheavy Force Field, and, if falling, cast Float in Air upon herself if she's a significant distance above the ground (i.e. if she thinks she might be damaged by a fall).

*IF* Naliyah encounters the Sorceress trying to escape the hole, she will interpose herself in the way and do everything she can to prevent the Sorceress from leaving, including engaging in hand-to-hand (claw-to-hand?) combat (rolls above)

*IF* the Sorceress somehow breaks free of melee and looks to be escaping, Naliyah will pursue and cast Magic Net on her repeatedly, hoping to ensnare the Sorceress again and prevent her escape
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Perception: 68%/1d100:
6


Mink looks confused. As she speaks, she shoots the sorceress. "I'd try just using yours first Bri, but if you need this evil blade, I'll gladly use it for you. This thing is linked to that sorceress. I doubt we'd be doing the goddess any favors using it. If you can get her out on your own, I'll happily add it to the task, but try on your own. You were given the tools and the task for a reason. I'll cover you instead." With that, Mink raises her arm and begins blasting the sorceress. Using the FIWS, she'll keep herself inbetween Briana and the sorceress.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 15:
8

Action 1: Strike 1d20+7 = 9:
2
, Parry: 1d20+10 = 22:
12
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 18:
13
, 1d6*10 = 60:
6
MD
Action 2: Strike 1d20+7 = 17:
10
, Parry: 1d20+10 = 13:
3
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, 1d6*10 = 60:
6
MD
Action 3: Strike 1d20+7 = 12:
5
, Parry: 1d20+10 = 19:
9
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, 1d6*10 = 30:
3
MD
Action 4: Strike 1d20+7 = 23:
16
, Parry: 1d20+10 = 16:
6
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 25:
20
, 1d6*10 = 60:
6
MD
Action 5: Strike 1d20+7 = 13:
6
, Parry: 1d20+10 = 21:
11
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 9:
4
, 1d6*10 = 30:
3
MD
Action 6: Strike 1d20+7 = 27:
20
(Nat 20), Parry: 1d20+10 = 14:
4
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 10:
5
, 1d6*10 = 30:
3
= 60 MD (Nat 20)
Action 7: Strike 1d20+7 = 14:
7
, Parry: 1d20+10 = 18:
8
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 9:
4
, 1d6*10 = 50:
5
MD
Action 8: Strike 1d20+7 = 21:
14
, Parry: 1d20+10 = 17:
7
or Autododge 1d20+5 = 17:
12
, 1d6*10 = 40:
4
MD
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:41 pm

Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:13:30;;
Round: 16 ;; OUT OF COMBAT

Ley Line Activity: Chaotic Ley Line Storm. No Ambient Energy.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform with periodic Ley Line Surges
Visibility: Dark Cavern dimly illuminated by the Ley Line Above as it descends
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x4


The way down seemed like several hundred feet but most everyone makes it all the way to the ground where the prism is; it is dark and rugged on the ground and looks like the entire mountain side was hallowed out. The darkness of the cave has a dim purplish hue as the Ley Line above descends.

Everyone feels a powerful but benevolent wave color their minds as the Ariel turns to Bri. "No more of that. I'll keep our minds protected. Free the Goddess; I'll handle this one." She says with a level of conviction that is both intimidating and impressive and with that, forms a large spectral blade in her hand and barrels towards the sorceress, impacting her and slashing against her barrier in front of everyone. The Sorceress looks taken completely aback as this large spiritual being towers over her and is now engaged in brutal melee with her.

Max jumps off Naliyah's back and Naliyah wastes no time, charging the sorceress with the fury of a lion and battering her with her claws, dancing around the ariel who seems to be able to fight in near unison. She sees her claws slide off a type of protective barrier but is resilient in her strikes, dodging several strikes from the energy blade in the sorceress hand as she scowls. "You can't stop me!" The Sorceress cries in desperation as the odds continue to turn against her.

Sel attempts to catch the falling Skorblade but misses it and, though she sees it fall and land, is closer to the Sorceress. Amid her melee with their newfound ally, the Lioness, Sel comes up from behind and tries to hook the sorceress in a hard judo throw, tossing her at the hip. She catches her stance but the second hip throw brings her to the ground, Sel then breaks and retrieves her blade as Naliyah continues her assault, Sel rejoining within seconds. Max also levels his weapon and fires several rounds at the sorceress.

Mink, after briefly talking with Bri, opens fire on the Sorceress as she is judo-thrown to the ground. The intelligence operative misses her first strike, though her next several land as she offsets herself from the lioness and continues firing. Both Mink and Naliyah notice the weight of her blasts and Naliyah's claws seem to be doing considerable damage to the barrier. Quinn, feeling sheepish from her friendly fire, refocuses and finds herself at the bottom of the chasm and unloads on the sorceress with Mink and the lioness, her shots ringing true.

Brianna, after a brief call out to those around her, stabs the prism with Maia and sees a large crack split across the crystal prison, she notes, that it does not seem nearly as structurally sound as the Obelisks, but Maia alone isn't breaking it. She's not sure, but something tells her this might be why she was given Mesi in the first place.

As Naliyah, Sel and the Sorceress continue to engage in close combat, a shot from Mink rings between them and they all see the barrier pop. The Sorceress attempts to disengage from melee with her and the ariel and Naliyah launches a magic net which strikes her from behind and pins her to the floor. "N-no! You, You Cannot Stop ME!" She cries out as Mink, Quinn, Max and Sel all stop their assault

[Up above]
Ecks and Victor clear out swaths of Ashen in back to back fashion, and the two see the Ley Line within a hundred feet and jump down. Ecks aims for the Crystal Prison at first, but seeing it as a diamond makes him rethink that decision and he tries to readjust mid-fall. Victor, in his full power armor and mid fall, hooks into Ecks and lands hard right next to the diamond prison. Ecks turns to see the Sorceress in a magical net on the ground screaming, unable to break free. It seems the weight of battle as finally taken its toll on her as she tried to fend off so many by herself. Victor shouts out over his speakers. "We've got less than 30 seconds before that Ley Line hits the top of the chasm above us! No telling what'll happen when that does. I've certainly never seen a Ley Line falling like this!"

The Ariel returns to the prism where Bri has now stabbed the diamond three times, each time she removes the sword, the crack heals. The Ariel turns and looks up before stating, "Try the Dagger you received from the Garden. I'll go buy us more time, I can't promise how much." Her voice sounds terribly strained, though she takes off. Everyone can see the Ariel reach the top of the chasm and they hear a large clap as she clasps her hands together and they see the hole they made slowly reform and close off, causing the entire chasm to go dark beyond the pale yellow light from the diamond prison.

GM Note: You are now Out of Combat.
The Sorceress is contained for the time being; though she can still break freel.
You have to break the prison and escape before the spells the Ariel is using elapse or fail under the pressure from above.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Perception: 1d100:
23
(63%)
JIC: 1d20:
7
, 1d100:
81


See the invisible – duration: 5 minutes, 55 seconds

1d10:
1


Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour: MDC: 16/200 remaining
Impervious to Fire: 23:30 remaining

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 36/68 (x4)

Brianna looks over at the Ariel and nods, ”Thank you.” When she strikes the prison with Maia and it cracks, but doesn't break, Brianna sighs to herself. Of course! It won't take all of the rune weapons to break this, just Mesi!

On the radio, Brianna calls out to Quinn, ”Quinn! I need Mesi to break the prism!!! Please get over here ASAP!!!” Assuming Quinn does so, Brianna takes Mesi and thinks to the dagger, All right, Mesi. This one's for all the marbles! With that thought, Brianna strikes the prism with Mesi as hard as she can.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Perception: 1d100:
3
/ 52%
JIC: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
68

Conditions: Cosmic Armor (46/200 MD, 37:15 minutes duration), Impervious to Fire: 23:15 remaining

Brianna wrote:Quinn! I need Mesi to break the prism!!! Please get over here ASAP!!!”


Shit! I totally forgot that I still had this thing. She can have it, if it means we can go home. Quinn surprisingly looks down at the dagger in her hand, when she hears Brianna's voice over the radio. "You got it. On my way" Still having her cosmic armor, Quinn flies as fast as he can over to Brianna. She uses her multi optic yes to help her navigate through dark, if the pale yellow light is not enough to see with. She hands the dagger back over to Brianna. Moving back a couple of feet as she watches Brianna strike the yellow prism. The moment she strikes the pristine Quinn flinches as if being struck herself, out of reflex. She looks back at Brianna and the prison before looking up at the hole and the collapsing ley line.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Perception: 86%/1d100:
99

JIC: 1d20:
14
, 1d100:
76


Mink helps fight back the sorceress, though she knows she is second fiddle to the angel. She does her best to protect the angel from the sorceress's attacks, given her limited ability to do so. When Bri strikes the prism, Mink instinctively holds her breath for a moment.

(given it's out of combat, I just generally described the action. If you want a full combat post, let me know.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:56 am

Perception:1d100:
44
/85%
JIC:1d20:
15
/1d100:
86


Ecks lands with a thud and looks up as the world is collapsing in on them. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm all funned out." he says watching Brianna and hoping to see the end of this whole escapade. Not a thing I can do but watch Bri. She seems to be the key to all this.

He does spare a glance at the sorceress. As long as the Ariel has her in check, he leaves well enough alone. He does wonder where she came from and how she got to this point though.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:07 am

Perception: 1d100:
73
% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20:
19

JIC: 1d100:
88

Initiative: 1d20+5 = 17:
12
(+3 more vs. robots & PA)

Keeping his eyes pealed for anymore hostiles, besides the pissed of sorceress, Victor suddenly realizes something. "Shit...I dropped that ion rifle they loaned me!", he mutters just loud enough for the radio mic to pick up. Should anymore ashen pop up, or god forbid another Bal-rog, Victor will fire at them. Somewhere in there he boots the sorceress full force, just for good measure while snapping at Ecks over the radio, "Ecks, I'm blaming you for all this, just so you know!".


Action #1: Realizing and speaking.
Action #2: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 8:
3
, Damage: 2d4:
2, 1
M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 17:
10
, Damage: 4d6:
3, 6, 2, 6
M.D.
Action #3: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 19:
14
, Damage: 2d4:
3, 2
M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 26:
19
, Damage: 4d6:
4, 5, 1, 1
M.D.
Action #4: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
, Damage: 2d4:
3, 1
x2 = 8 M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 18:
11
, Damage: 4d6:
1, 4, 6, 4
M.D.
Action #5: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, Damage: 2d4:
1, 4
M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 20:
13
, Damage: 4d6:
3, 1, 5, 5
M.D.
Action #6: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 11:
6
, Damage: 2d4:
2, 2
M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 22:
15
, Damage: 4d6:
4, 6, 3, 1
M.D.
Action #7: Kick the sorceress & radio talk; Strike: 1d20+13 = 31:
18
, Damage: 2d4:
1, 3
x2 = 8 M.D.
Action #8: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 10:
5
, Damage: 2d4:
4, 2
M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 19:
12
, Damage: 4d6:
2, 3, 3, 5
M.D.
Action #9: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 8:
3
, Damage: 2d4:
1, 3
M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 16:
9
, Damage: 4d6:
6, 5, 5, 5
M.D.
Action #10: Shoot anything bad that shows up with CP-30 & TX-6; CP-30 Strike: 1d20+5 = 12:
7
, Damage: 2d4:
2, 1
M.D., TX-6 Strike: 1d20+7 = 27:
20
, Damage: 4d6:
6, 3, 4, 1
x2 = 28 M.D.


Auto dodge #1: 1d20+10 = 27:
17

Auto dodge #2: 1d20+10 = 29:
19

Auto dodge #3: 1d20+10 = 21:
11

Auto dodge #4: 1d20+10 = 15:
5

Auto dodge #5: 1d20+10 = 13:
3

Auto dodge #6: 1d20+10 = 22:
12

Auto dodge #7: 1d20+10 = 14:
4

Auto dodge #8: 1d20+10 = 29:
19

Auto Dodge #9: 1d20+10 = 13:
3

Auto Dodge #10: 1d20+10 = 21:
11


{Skill Rolls}
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Perception: 1d100:
94
/37% (52% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100:
47
/1d20:
17

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Cosmic Armor (55/200 MDC, ends in 36 minutes 15 seconds, fly at 375 mph, or about 8250'/melee, or 1,031'/action), Impervious to Fire (ends in 28 minutes)

Sel easily lifts her sword from where it lay on the ground, her magic still enhancing her strength. As she turns back to the Sorceress, she feels the magic fade away. While she wasn't much use in a fight before (in her opinion), she just lost one of her advantages, being able to hit like a dragon. Seeing that the Sorceress is well and covered, she sheathes her Skorblade and sees what assistance she can offer to Bri.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:01 pm

((rolls carried))
Victor's accusation gives Ecks thought. "More than likely. But you'll have to give me some leeway. This is the first time we've rescued a god. Who knew it'd be so hard?" the operator replies over the radio.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Perception: 1d100:
56

JIC: 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d100:
40



Max finds the bottom of the black hole. Its dark as any place he has ever been before. Being a cat the dark does not stop him. The fact that there seems to be nothing more he can do now, that stops him. He looks around and sees little else around. .Cutting things close fellas. He takes a deep breath and lets the adrenaline roll off of him as he regains his composure. He makes a pat down of himself to see if he has lost anything in the melee. He finds his flask and his rosary. He seems to be all here. He takes a sip of the flask and puts it away.
"Mmm Hmm mmm" he sings quietly to himself. "Take me on home baby" He then stands quietly waiting and watching in hopes that he can either be of assistance, or be home.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Perception: 1d100:
78
/48%
JIC (100): 1d100:
49

JIC (20): 1d20:
4


Current Conditions (as of the end of this post; format is minutes:seconds): Sense Dimensional Anomaly: 9:00 remaining; Sense Temporal Anomaly: 14:45 remaining; See the Invisible (psi-power): 2:45 minutes; Cosmic Armor (248 MDC remaining): 36:45 minutes; Sense Magic (psi-power): 11:45 remaining; Impervious to Fire: 22:15 remaining

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 7

Actions
1. Fly at Sorc, land and make offer; activate Nightvision if can't see
2. Depends on what Sorceress does (see Contingencies and "IF" situations below)

Automatic Dodges (if needed)
1. 1d20+13 = 24
2. 1d20+13 = 22
3. 1d20+13 = 15
4. 1d20+13 = 25
5. 1d20+13 = 25
6. 1d20+13 = 20
7. 1d20+13 = 21




Underguard wrote:Rift Location: Cairo, Egypt
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:13:30;;
Round: 16 ;; OUT OF COMBAT

Ley Line Activity: Chaotic Ley Line Storm. No Ambient Energy.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform with periodic Ley Line Surges
Visibility: Dark Cavern dimly illuminated by the Ley Line Above as it descends
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x4

Max jumps off Naliyah's back and Naliyah wastes no time, charging the sorceress with the fury of a lion and battering her with her claws, dancing around the ariel who seems to be able to fight in near unison. She sees her claws slide off a type of protective barrier but is resilient in her strikes, dodging several strikes from the energy blade in the sorceress hand as she scowls. "You can't stop me!" The Sorceress cries in desperation as the odds continue to turn against her.

As Naliyah, Sel and the Sorceress continue to engage in close combat, a shot from Mink rings between them and they all see the barrier pop. The Sorceress attempts to disengage from melee with her and the ariel and Naliyah launches a magic net which strikes her from behind and pins her to the floor. "N-no! You, You Cannot Stop ME!" She cries out as Mink, Quinn, Max and Sel all stop their assault.

GM Note: You are now Out of Combat.
The Sorceress is contained for the time being; though she can still break freel.
You have to break the prison and escape before the spells the Ariel is using elapse or fail under the pressure from above.


Underguard wrote:Everyone can see the Ariel reach the top of the chasm and they hear a large clap as she clasps her hands together and they see the hole they made slowly reform and close off, causing the entire chasm to go dark beyond the pale yellow light from the diamond prison.


Naliyah's instincts kick in when the place goes dark, and her eyes immediately adapt to the darkness as her psionic Nightvision comes online (ooc: if it's too dark to see normally). She immediately heads toward the Sorceress: "You're goin nowhere!" she shouts with a fire and intensity in her eyes. Naliyah is completely focused on the Sorceress as she lands within feet of the Magic Net and addressess the tangled captive: "This is your last chance! Disarm yourself and surrender, or be forever destroyed!" she says fiercely.

You're out of time... she thinks.

Intimidate: 1d100:
45
/70%


Contingencies!

Prime Contingency: If Naliyah's Cosmic Armor is popped, she will immediately stop doing whatever she is doing and activate her Superheavy Force Field, and, if falling, cast Float in Air upon herself if she's a significant distance above the ground (i.e. if she thinks she might be damaged by a fall).

IF the Sorceress is intimidated and cancels her lightblade, Naliyah will then offer her a chance to live: "Wise choice. Do not resist my Trance spell. It is your only chance to get out alive."

IF the Sorceress agrees, Naliyah will cast Trance upon her and drop the Magic Net. She will then tell the Sorceress to stand still while Naliyah hooks a claw on the Sorceress' outfit and flies toward the group/diamond with the Tranced Sorceress in tow, and tell them what happened.

IF the Sorceress does not agree, or resists, Naliyah will say, "Suit yourself!", turn, and fly back to the group and tell them what happened, leaving the Sorceress to her fate.

*IF* the Sorceress somehow breaks free and looks to be escaping, Naliyah will pursue and cast Magic Net on her repeatedly, hoping to ensnare the Sorceress again and prevent her escape.

Nightvision
Range: Self, visual range about 600 feet ( 1 83 m).
Duration: 10 minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 4
The psionic can adjust his visual capabilities through a form of bio-manipulation. The eyes are made to become much more light sensitive and basically work on the same principles of mechanical light amplification. The eyes simply amplify existing light, such as candlelight or star and moonlight, to see clearly. There must be some source of light to see (can not see in total darkness).
Note: If suddenly exposed to light brighter than a single candle, the psychic will be temporarily blinded for 3D4 melee rounds. The Nightvision power can also be used to change one's vision to polarized sight, reducing glare as would a pair of polarized sunglasses.


Trance
Range: Touch or within 12 feet
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Standard.
P.P.E.: Ten
This enchantment places another character into a zombie-like state in which the entranced victim is in a hypnotic daze, unaware of his environment or happenings around him. He can not formulate thoughts, use skills, or act on his own. While entranced, the individual is only aware of the enchanter' s voice and will follow extremely simple commands, such as stay, sit, follow me, get inside, lay down, give me your hand, etc. The entranced victim can NOT engage in any type of combat to any degree, nor any actions that require skill or thought, and offers no resistance. The magic is meant to incapacitate more than it is to enslave.
Evil men of magic often use trance on prisoners or intended victims of a human sacrifice.
While entranced, the person can not be made to reveal secrets, betray a friend, harm himself, or act against his alignment. All physical attributes function as if they are half of what they really are; thus, a speed of 10 is 5 while entranced. The victim of a trance will remember nothing of the events that occurred while entranced. Can not affect people inside power and M.D.C. body armor, robots, or vehicles.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:04 pm

Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:13:30;;
Round: 17 ;; OUT OF COMBAT

Ley Line Activity: Chaotic Ley Line Storm. No Ambient Energy.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform with periodic Ley Line Surges
Visibility: Dark Cavern dimly illuminated by the Ley Line Above as it descends
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x



Victor and Mink both move to ensure the sorceress is secured, with Victor leveling a hefty kick on her from the side while simultaneously accusing Ecks of getting them into this mess. Ecks thinks on the comment and reflects a tad; this was their first deific mission, and so far, they have survived it. Naliyah is short in tow behind the two and lands atop the sorceress after Victor kicked her, successfully pinning her through the net. Her fierce comment is not lost by anyone in the room, and even forces Ecks, Victor and Mink to turn and look at the lioness by instinct; being nearest the Sorceress. The Sorceress scowls and looks away, though Naliyah can hear her mutter; "I've... lost." She glances back to the Lioness and her eyes are weak. Only Ecks hears the following comment through Naliyah's low growl of as he glances at her; "But Somnum will kill you all for this..." before her voice grows louder, addressing the Lioness directly. "I surrender."

As Bri calls to Quinn, everyone turns to look; not knowing what they can do to help. Sel has the Obelisk ready as everyone hears thundering from above and loose grounds of dirt fall from the ceiling where the Ariel hovers. Quinn is quickly able to move to Bri and hand her the dagger and as Bri mentally thinks to the dagger, she hears the dagger respond. Finally. And a sense of relief washes over her as she plunges the dagger into the prism. Everyone in the room, Victor, Ecks, Max, Naliyah, Sel, Mink and Quinn all watch as the prism cracks; this wound not healing. Everyone holding a breathe they didn't know they held as the prism shatters and darkness sweeps across them. There is a sudden and single globe of light that seems to shoot out from Mesi that illuminates the room well enough for everyone to see, and everyone can see a figure laying strewn on the ground.

This body before them seems immobile at first, though easily appears to be taller than the Ariel in size. She has a pair of wings similar to the ariel only more feathered and seem to have a silver-hue to them. No one moves for a moment; the thunder from above even seeming deafened by the sight that ley before them. Naliyah and Sel are both overwhelmed with their magic senses.

Then, one of the wings twitches and slowly, the right arm moves as the figure slowly stands to its feet. Everyone can tell they stand in the presence of a great being; all but Victor and Sel feel the immediate urge to kneel in awe as this being, this overwhelming sight before them looks down to them. Her form shifts before them and she suddenly appears no taller than seven feet, though her presence is no less overwhelming as she looks to Brianna. "So, you are the one who held Mesi. Thank you; thank you all." She says, her voice sounds truly sincere as she glances up at the ariel. "Terra Levis; It is good to see you again. We must leave now." She says softly, though everyone in the room feels the strong urge that it was less a suggestion and more an order as she walks away from Bri and towards the Sorceress that lays trapped in the net. "Samara Eblis. It would seems that the Champions of Light have once again triumphed over the forces of darkness. As close as you came to removing me from play; I am still here, and I am still strong." She says coldly, and though she hasn't technically introduced herself, everyone knows who they stand before; this is the Goddess.

Suddenly, Naliyah's senses ping as the Goddess turns and waves her hand and with little effort, a swirling portal opens before them. The Goddess turns to look upon the group and smiles softly. "Come, Champions. Let us leave this dreadful dimension and let it crumble." And with that, she walks through. The Portal remains until everyone passes through it; everyone can see the ariel grab the Sorceress and drag her through the portal.


[The other side]
On the other side of the portal, the group finds themselves in a beautiful garden that is all too familiar to them. The Goddess is seen in the center surrounded by several figures, one of whom several on the group immediately identify as Gabriel. Gabriel sees the group, and waves the group over to him, the ariel behind them walks towards the front and kneels at Gabriel's feet. Everyone also notices that the Sorceress seems to have disappeared.

What're your intentions

GM Note: I'll reply quickly to this if everyone gets up on a short basis.
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:37 am

Perception: 1d100:
39
/85%
JIC:1d20:
4
/1d100:
26


When the portal is opened he waits to make sure the team makes it through, more of habit than anything else. Once on the other side back in their own world, Ecks is troubled. As relieved as he is to be back with everyone alive, he isn't comfortable.

"So what about that other world? Did anyone survive or did they all die? And what happened to the sorceress? What's her story? How did this all come about?"

He also thinks back to what the sorceress said. "And is Somnum someone we will need to get to know? Do you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain? Sorry goddess, I know this is a first date and all, just some questions on my mind.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:57 pm

Perception: 1d100:
54
/ 52%
JIC: 1d20:
9
/ 1d100:
40

Conditions: Cosmic Armor (46/200 MD, 37:00 minutes duration), Impervious to Fire: 23:00 remaining

This is over, finally I can go home. Personal note: if I ever decide to get blown through a dimensional portal again, make sure I got a way back first. Also, no more taking loans while being drunk. I wonder if my loan with Riccardo is still active. I think this should be more than enough of a compensation for it. Quinn jumps through the portal, not hesitating at the opportunity to catch a ride back to her time and dimension. Her body and senses begin to be overwhelmed with excitement and anticipation. Her palms start to perspire as emerges from the other side. Taking a few steps past, she takes a look around. Where am I? Is this the right time and place? Am I finally back home again but where is here? I don't seem to recognize any of this. I hope the others do, because I don't want to be stuck here, too, if it's not. Quinn scans the others to gauge their reactions. Looking for signs of familiarity and glee. "Does anyone know when or even where we are? Are we back? Either way I believe this call for a drink. Who's with me? I should have some left." Quinn takes off her backpack and looks for the remainder of the bottle that she had acquired from the Ulrajet. Pulling it out, she takes the top off and takes a drink. Lifting it up in front of her, she offers it to anyone who wants to take it. "Alcohol kills germs by the way. No chance to catch MY cooties. So, umm, call me naive but does anyone know how we're getting back to Merctown? Do we need to find our own way? We sure as hell better not be walking it from here. Where ever here is?" Quinn glances around acting like she might know where she is from the landscape.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:26 pm

Perception: 1d100:
70
/37% (52% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100:
47
/1d20:
10

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Cosmic Armor (55/200 MDC, ends in 35 minutes 15 seconds, fly at 375 mph, or about 8250'/melee, or 1,031'/action), Impervious to Fire (ends in 27 minutes)

In spite of not being immediately compelled to kneel like the others, Sel has absolutely no hesitation in kneeling before her goddess. She feels filled with indescribable joy in her presence. Once the portal is open, she waits to go through until after the goddess has (unless she's the last through, in which case she will go through at the same time as Ecks). What did she mean by "The Champions of Light have once again triumphed over the forces of darkness? Has this happened before? And if so, how many times?

Sel was preparing to ask Isis about her questions until she heard what Ecks had to say and she audibly gasped in shock and horror. "MR. ECKS! YOU WOULD TREAT THE GODDESS LIKE SOME MERCTOWN FLOOZY?!" Sel half screamed scandalized before whirling to face the goddess herself and supplant herself to the goddess saying "My apologies, your divine grace, for the uncouth mouth of my employer." Standing again, she turns back to Ecks and says to him again "Would you truly address a creature of such immense power and knowledge that even mighty ancient dragons seem like weak imbeciles!"
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:17 pm

Perception: 1d100:
13
% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20:
13

JIC: 1d100:
85


While Victor is not inclined to kneel before the angelic being, he does give his head a short bow as she passes by the group and through the portal. Bringing up the rear, Victor joins the gathering near Gabriel. Sidling up next to Ecks once more, he leans toward AAPS's leader, "Nice going slick...you just insulted a goddess AND pissed off our mechanic in one sentence...", he whispers in response to Sel's outburst. He offers no support to either side of this discussion, instead he quietly orders his suits computer to begin recording on all camera's before removing his helmet and cradling it under his left arm. Victor stretches out his necks muscles every direction he can manage, trying to work the stiffness out of his muscles, "Can't remember the last time I had my lid off...", he mutters to no one.

Quinn wrote:P"Does anyone know when or even where we are? Are we back? Either way I believe this call for a drink. Who's with me? I should have some left." Quinn takes off her backpack and looks for the remainder of the bottle that she had acquired from the Ulrajet. Pulling it out, she takes the top off and takes a drink. Lifting it up in front of her, she offers it to anyone who wants to take it. "Alcohol kills germs by the way. No chance to catch MY cooties. So, umm, call me naive but does anyone know how we're getting back to Merctown? Do we need to find our own way? We sure as hell better not be walking it from here. Where ever here is?" Quinn glances around acting like she might know where she is from the landscape.


Letting others handle deals with deities and the like, Victor turns to the good doctor and nods saying, "The short answer to all of your questions is 'yes' doc. This is where we portaled over to that other earth from. The Sled over there is our primary ride home...well, not directly. We took a short cut through a cross-continental Rift from the Ohio Valley area to the East coast of N-A and then legged it out here. I imagine we will be taking the same route back. Oh, and this place right here is a safe zone inside Madhaven...so, yeah....we'll probably need to treck back through that first. Can't say I am looking forward to that part...". Victor shrugs apologetically before turning back to the main conversation.

As he stands there, something suddenly occurs to Victor and he turns to the ariel, "Hey, what happened to the rest of your super team back there? We didn't just leave them to die did we?", he is quite alarmed by this possibility and it shows in his face and voice.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:45 pm

((rolls carried)).

"MR. ECKS! YOU WOULD TREAT THE GODDESS LIKE SOME MERCTOWN FLOOZY?!"


Ecks looks at Sel plainly and replies, "Ive never crossed dimensions for a floozy. Thats pretty high-rent if you ask me." he says with a half smile flashed towards the goddess Bri just freed.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 pm

((Rolls Carried Over))

Ecks wrote:
"MR. ECKS! YOU WOULD TREAT THE GODDESS LIKE SOME MERCTOWN FLOOZY?!"


Ecks looks at Sel plainly and replies, "Ive never crossed dimensions for a floozy. Thats pretty high-rent if you ask me." he says with a half smile flashed towards the goddess Bri just freed.


Victor leaves a slight bruise on his forehead when he face palms himself....forgetting that he is still wearing his power armor.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Brianna Clarke » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:18 pm

Perception: 1d100:
4
(63%)
JIC: 1d20:
18
, 1d100:
31


See the invisible – duration: 5 minutes, 55 seconds

1d10:
2


Force Field Belt: 71/75 MDC – activated
Cosmic Armour: MDC: 16/200 remaining
Impervious to Fire: 23:30 remaining

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 36/68 (x4)

Brianna almost laughs when she hears Mesi's voice in her head say finally. I agree, Mesi. She's thrilled when Mesi does the trick and the goddess is freed from the prism in which she was contained. Wasting no time in heading through the portal, Brianna is glad the team was safe.

Smiling when she sees the garden again, Brianna greets Gabriel and the other with a polite, ”It's nice to see you all again.” She is not impressed when Ecks starts making asinine comments and seems insult the person they had just rescued. While she doesn't react as strongly as Sel, Brianna thinks to herself. Shut up, shut up, shut up! Are you trying to get us all killed!?!?! After Ecks makes it even worse, Brianna looks at him with a look of annoyance and says in measured tones, clearly trying to not completely lose her temper. ”Unless you have something constructive to add to this conversation, Ecks, I implore you: stop talking right now.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:41 am

((rolls carried))

Seeing Victor pop his lid, Ecks does likewise, fresh air a welcome relief. Everyone's looks of disbelief causes him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "What? That's a compliment..." He looks as if he is going to continue speaking when Brianna implores him to stop. Gears seem to whir inside his head, but he defers to her request. A look of concentration comes over his face as if he has embarked upon a task of epic proportions, like climbing a great mountain bare handed.

It is said first impressions are everything and so it still is to Ecks in regards to Brianna. In his own mind, she has always held mysterious powers and is capable of a great number of incredible things, though she has told him such is not the case on a number of occasions. It's not something he thinks on, more of gut instinct. Why his normally rational mind can't shake that irrational concept he doesn't know. She might laugh to know that he views her power to be greater than the goddess'... well, maybe not right now.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Naliyah » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm

Perception: 1d100:
73
/48%
JIC (100): 1d100:
88

JIC (20): 1d20:
6


Current Conditions (as of the end of this post; format is minutes:seconds): Sense Dimensional Anomaly: 9:00 remaining; Sense Temporal Anomaly: 14:45 remaining; See the Invisible (psi-power): 2:45 minutes; Cosmic Armor (248 MDC remaining): 36:45 minutes; Sense Magic (psi-power): 11:45 remaining; Impervious to Fire: 22:15 remaining

Combat Rolls
Initiative:

Actions

Automatic Dodges (if needed)





Underguard wrote:
Current Location: Unknown Dimensional Plane
Time: 12:13:30;;
Round: 17 ;; OUT OF COMBAT

Ley Line Activity: Chaotic Ley Line Storm. No Ambient Energy.
Weather: Incredible winds circle around the platform with periodic Ley Line Surges
Visibility: Dark Cavern dimly illuminated by the Ley Line Above as it descends
I.S.P. Condition (Brianna): x



Victor and Mink both move to ensure the sorceress is secured, with Victor leveling a hefty kick on her from the side while simultaneously accusing Ecks of getting them into this mess. Ecks thinks on the comment and reflects a tad; this was their first deific mission, and so far, they have survived it. Naliyah is short in tow behind the two and lands atop the sorceress after Victor kicked her, successfully pinning her through the net. Her fierce comment is not lost by anyone in the room, and even forces Ecks, Victor and Mink to turn and look at the lioness by instinct; being nearest the Sorceress. The Sorceress scowls and looks away, though Naliyah can hear her mutter; "I've... lost." She glances back to the Lioness and her eyes are weak. Only Ecks hears the following comment through Naliyah's low growl of as he glances at her; "But Somnum will kill you all for this..." before her voice grows louder, addressing the Lioness directly. "I surrender."

As Bri calls to Quinn, everyone turns to look; not knowing what they can do to help. Sel has the Obelisk ready as everyone hears thundering from above and loose grounds of dirt fall from the ceiling where the Ariel hovers. Quinn is quickly able to move to Bri and hand her the dagger and as Bri mentally thinks to the dagger, she hears the dagger respond. Finally. And a sense of relief washes over her as she plunges the dagger into the prism. Everyone in the room, Victor, Ecks, Max, Naliyah, Sel, Mink and Quinn all watch as the prism cracks; this wound not healing. Everyone holding a breathe they didn't know they held as the prism shatters and darkness sweeps across them. There is a sudden and single globe of light that seems to shoot out from Mesi that illuminates the room well enough for everyone to see, and everyone can see a figure laying strewn on the ground.

This body before them seems immobile at first, though easily appears to be taller than the Ariel in size. She has a pair of wings similar to the ariel only more feathered and seem to have a silver-hue to them. No one moves for a moment; the thunder from above even seeming deafened by the sight that ley before them. Naliyah and Sel are both overwhelmed with their magic senses.

Then, one of the wings twitches and slowly, the right arm moves as the figure slowly stands to its feet. Everyone can tell they stand in the presence of a great being; all but Victor and Sel feel the immediate urge to kneel in awe as this being, this overwhelming sight before them looks down to them. Her form shifts before them and she suddenly appears no taller than seven feet, though her presence is no less overwhelming as she looks to Brianna. "So, you are the one who held Mesi. Thank you; thank you all." She says, her voice sounds truly sincere as she glances up at the ariel. "Terra Levis; It is good to see you again. We must leave now." She says softly, though everyone in the room feels the strong urge that it was less a suggestion and more an order as she walks away from Bri and towards the Sorceress that lays trapped in the net. "Samara Eblis. It would seems that the Champions of Light have once again triumphed over the forces of darkness. As close as you came to removing me from play; I am still here, and I am still strong." She says coldly, and though she hasn't technically introduced herself, everyone knows who they stand before; this is the Goddess.


All the pieces of the puzzle fit together in a flash for the Shing.

Isis... aha! So, this is the one Gabriel spoke of in Jackson's Warehouse... she thinks as the proverbial key fits into the lock before her eyes.

Underguard wrote:Suddenly, Naliyah's senses ping as the Goddess turns and waves her hand and with little effort, a swirling portal opens before them. The Goddess turns to look upon the group and smiles softly. "Come, Champions. Let us leave this dreadful dimension and let it crumble." And with that, she walks through. The Portal remains until everyone passes through it; everyone can see the ariel grab the Sorceress and drag her through the portal.


[The other side]
On the other side of the portal, the group finds themselves in a beautiful garden that is all too familiar to them. The Goddess is seen in the center surrounded by several figures, one of whom several on the group immediately identify as Gabriel. Gabriel sees the group, and waves the group over to him, the ariel behind them walks towards the front and kneels at Gabriel's feet. Everyone also notices that the Sorceress seems to have disappeared.

What're your intentions

GM Note: I'll reply quickly to this if everyone gets up on a short basis.


Naliyah recognizes Gabriel and smiles at him.

Naliyah initially feels the awe and "kneels" (as much as a lioness can do so, anyhow), and then:"Gabriel!" she says, happy to see him again, and then approaches him. "Did you locate the missing Knights?" she asks the Archangel, with some measure of concern.

I sure hope they weren't in that dimension when it collapsed...

Then, she sees Alyssa kneel down and realizes the Sorceress is nowhere to be seen.

She looks around, puzzled. But where did the Sorceress go?

"Umm... Alyssa had the subdued Sorceress before we came here... where is she now?" asks the lioness in a worried tone - not outright panic, but worry mixed with bafflement.

Ecks wrote:"So what about that other world? Did anyone survive or did they all die? And what happened to the sorceress? What's her story? How did this all come about?"


The Dimensional Lioness replies to Ecks, "That other world was collapsing, its existence flickering out even as we left. We barely escaped with our lives. To my understanding, anyone left behind was annihilated along with any trace of that dimension's existence."

She shudders for a brief moment.

"Not a fate we shared, thanks to teamwork, Alyssa here, and of course, the Goddess herself," she follows up with, bowing her head toward, and smiling at, Isis.

Ecks wrote:He also thinks back to what the sorceress said. "And is Somnum someone we will need to get to know? Do you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain? Sorry goddess, I know this is a first date and all, just some questions on my mind.


Naliyah is perplexed at Ecks' behavior. Having spent very little time around divine beings, other than Alyssa and (briefly) Gabriel, she is unsure how to take the comment, and is even more unsure how the Goddess might take it.

Wish I had some popcorn...

Quinn wrote:"Does anyone know when or even where we are? Are we back? Either way I believe this call for a drink. Who's with me? I should have some left." Quinn takes off her backpack and looks for the remainder of the bottle that she had acquired from the Ulrajet. Pulling it out, she takes the top off and takes a drink. Lifting it up in front of her, she offers it to anyone who wants to take it. "Alcohol kills germs by the way. No chance to catch MY cooties. So, umm, call me naive but does anyone know how we're getting back to Merctown? Do we need to find our own way? We sure as hell better not be walking it from here. Where ever here is?" Quinn glances around acting like she might know where she is from the landscape.


Alcohol... that's right, I forget - some beings seem to enjoy that substance as a drink - especially for celebrations. Perhaps I should try it...? she thinks, and manifests an Ectoplasmic hand.

"I'll try a bit, if you don't mind.. thank you," she says to Quinn as she wills the Ectoplasmic hand over to Quinn and holds it open to take the proffered drink.

Selenidaria wrote:Sel was preparing to ask Isis about her questions until she heard what Ecks had to say and she audibly gasped in shock and horror. "MR. ECKS! YOU WOULD TREAT THE GODDESS LIKE SOME MERCTOWN FLOOZY?!" Sel half screamed scandalized before whirling to face the goddess herself and supplant herself to the goddess saying "My apologies, your divine grace, for the uncouth mouth of my employer." Standing again, she turns back to Ecks and says to him again "Would you truly address a creature of such immense power and knowledge that even mighty ancient dragons seem like weak imbeciles!"


Wow, umm... that took a rather quick wrong turn... thinks the Shing as she observes Sel's fiery response to Ecks' comment.

Still unsure if it's some sort of hazing ritual, or if she's being put on, or just "not in" on some big joke, Naliyah observes, wishing for popcorn.

Ecks wrote:Ecks looks at Sel plainly and replies, "Ive never crossed dimensions for a floozy. Thats pretty high-rent if you ask me." he says with a half smile flashed towards the goddess Bri just freed.


Naliyah nearly blurts out, "What's a floozy?" but, with a monumental effort, restrains herself and the question just lingers in her head instead.

Brianna Clarke wrote:”Unless you have something constructive to add to this conversation, Ecks, I implore you: stop talking right now.”


The Shing is now increasingly convinced that Ecks stepped over some kind of line into a social faux pas. She suddenly realizes she is waiting with baited breath to see how the Goddess reacts to all of it..
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:10 pm

((Rolls carried))

Quinn's question about return to Merctown seems to reintegrate Ecks' mind to this dimension. "Well Doctor Quinn, we were in the middle of a job of mapping the eastern regions for some clients. I'm not sure how soon we will return to Merctown but you're more than welcome to earn some credits with us. We could use a doctor, if you're interested." he says, remembering Nathaniel and the whole mess that now seems distant and to a large degree unimportant in the grand scale.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:52 am

((Rolls Carried Over))

Brianna Clarke wrote: After Ecks makes it even worse, Brianna looks at him with a look of annoyance and says in measured tones, clearly trying to not completely lose her temper. ”Unless you have something constructive to add to this conversation, Ecks, I implore you: stop talking right now.”


"Yeah...I think she's right dude...", Victor says only half serious with a chuckle.


Naliyah wrote:Naliyah nearly blurts out, "What's a floozy?" but, with a monumental effort, restrains herself and the question just lingers in her head instead.


Victor turns to the large feline for a moment and whispers, "It's another word for a hooker. Ya' know, whore, prostitute...".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Mink » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:24 am

Perception 68%/1d100:
48

JIC: 1d20:
3
, 1d100:
32

Charm/Impress 30%/1d100:
58
FAIL
Inspire Trust 60%/1d100:
1
CRITICAL SUCCESS
Military Etiquette 90%/1d100:
55
SUCCESS To treat her respectfully
Intelligence 82%/1d100:
42
SUCCESS to collate Data for later analysis

Mink unseals her helmet, letting it open up an slide back. This allows the sweet smells of the Garden to overpower the smell of sweat, blood, and reprocessed air. She sets her filters to purge their current air and intake new air from the local atmosphere. Her attitude becomes oddly professional, as she treats those before her like heads of state. "Thank you for the most expeditious exit. And I'm glad we could help free you, Lady Isis, if I may call you that. I'll echo Mr. Eck's question on Somnum and Miss Naliyah's question on the sorceress. We need any and all information you can give us, so we know for the future." A screen pops up on her offhand arm, and she begins taking detailed notes, both of what just happened, and whatever is said.

"Also, what was all that about? I get you were captured, but why? And by whom?"

"Also, silly question, but what can I do with this?" She holds up the scythe the sorceress used. "I don't know if these things can be reprogrammed or not, my knowledge of rune weapons is slim to minimal, but I figured if anyone would have answers, it would be you fine folks." The folding scythe that she normally uses is attached to her jetpack like a rifle would be. "This thing is literally burning me to hold it, so I'd just as soon let it go somewhere." Of course she doesn't complain about it, just matter of factly mentions it. It was rather annoying during the fight though - especially considering it hadn't actually been her hands holding it! But the pain had definitely manifested in her hands. Given the pain levels she was experiencing, she'd rather not think of the consequences just yet.

She glances over at Quinn, "When we're done with all of this, I will probably need your help Doc, my guess is they are pretty gnarly looking."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Quinn » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:38 pm

( Rolls Carried Over )

Naliyah wrote:"I'll try a bit, if you don't mind.. thank you,"


"I don't mind at all. That's why I offered." Quinn smiles at the lioness. She is taken back for second as Naliyah produces an ectoplasm hand and takes the bottle. What is this?! Is this some natural ability the she has? is it magic?

Victor wrote:"The short answer to all of your questions is 'yes' doc. This is where we portaled over to that other earth from. The Sled over there is our primary ride home...well, not directly. We took a short cut through a cross-continental Rift from the Ohio Valley area to the East coast of N-A and then legged it out here. I imagine we will be taking the same route back. Oh, and this place right here is a safe zone inside Madhaven...so, yeah....we'll probably need to treck back through that first. Can't say I am looking forward to that part..."


Madhaven?! What in the hell?! Well at least I think I'm close. Now would be a good time to have a vehicle. Exercise is good for you. At least that is what I tell my patients. Better not let them find out. A look of confusion comes across Quinn's face. "Wel, good to know that were back in the right time and dimension, then. If the walk doesn't kill us, then the wild might." Quinn lets out a small giggle.

Ecks wrote:"Well Doctor Quinn, we were in the middle of a job of mapping the eastern regions for some clients. I'm not sure how soon we will return to Merctown but you're more than welcome to earn some credits with us. We could use a doctor, if you're interested."


Quinn listens to Ecks with a curious look. A half smile slow forms with a slight nod of her head. "Credits!? That language I definitely understand. I can always use more of them, besides I ain't in no hurry to head back. Though I do have my truck back there. I'm pretty sure it should be safe for a bit longer. Yeah, I dont really hear 'Sorry doctor but we're full up. We've just got too many right now.' So, I guess what I'm saying is that I'll with you guys for a while. Seems like I am going like you guys."

Mink wrote:"When we're done with all of this, I will probably need your help Doc, my guess is they are pretty gnarly looking."


Quinn spins around to face Mink. A look of worry and a bit of excitement can be seen around the corner of her eyes. Quickly Quinn walks over to Mink. "Of course. Do you want me to take a look at them now?" Quinn pauses and takes a quick look around. "Or do you want to wait till we're somewhere a little more suited?" Quinn looks at Mink with a soft smile.
Dr. Quinn

HP: 24/ 24
SDC: 26/ 26
Current Equipment
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block I
  • Range: 800'
  • Damage: 1D6 M.D. per blast
  • Rate of Fire: Single shots only
  • Payload: 20 shots Remaining: 20 shots
  • Weight: 4 lbs.
  • Features: None
  • Modifiers: None
  • Book Reference: p.191, WB33

NG Patrol Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Helmet: 20
  • Arms: 14 each
  • Legs: 18 each
  • Main Body: 32
Weight: 10 lbs
Modifiers: None.
Features:
  • Non-environmental
Book Reference: p.50, WB 34
User avatar
Quinn
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Underguard » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 pm

Gabriel places a hand on the ariel's shoulder as she kneels and closes his eyes with a light smile. She stands and moves behind the him as Gabriel turns and looks towards the Goddess then to the team.

"The world you just left no longer exists; the destruction of the Inanis Obelisks and subsequent banishment of Somnum prompted its demise, and we are the better for it. The one known as the Sorceress is named Samara Eblis, and she was a former attendant of the Goddess who, over time, strayed on her path and succumbed to darkness. We were not sure it was her until your return, and she will not be seen again." Gabriel responds, the last line has a cold ring too it as he glances around at the others as they pile on Ecks for his casual tone towards Isis, then back to Ecks.

One of the other figures steps forward from behind Gabriel and levels a large blade towards the entirety of the group. Victor, Ecks and Mink both see a glint of fire in the being's eyes as the sword erupts in flames. Brianna can see the other two behind the now enflamed figure step to either side of him as they all hear him speak. "You dare behave this way in front of a God. Evil though you may not be, I will not stand for such disrespect! You will address her as 'O Thou of Countless Names'!" His voice nearly bellows before The Goddess moves in front of him and places a single finger on the tip of his blade, prompting him to lower it.

"It is fine, they were instrumental in saving me where you could not, Lucifer. Nor could any of you; for that matter." She glances towards the other two behind the enflamed one and Gabriel, then beyond towards the Knights that the group does recognize standing off to the side. No one moves to speak. When Mink addresses the Goddess directly, Brianna sees a small smile cross the Goddesses lips as she nods and also notices an impressive looking blade and bow that appears on the Goddesses side; she's also seemingly has a torch floating behind her. Mink feels the Scythe tug at her hands and it is then pulled away from her, landing in the hands of Isis. Isis walks to Gabriel and hands him the Scythe before turning to the group.

"Samara Eblis is gone from this world. I sent her away when we traveled here; she will not be seen again as Gabriel stated. To put it simply, I was deceived by a confidant and trapped. She wanted to lay claim to my domain and the Obelisks you destroyed were designed to do two things; ward them from the sight of the Gods and prevent any direct action by sealing that dimension. Had the ritual been completed, that dimension would've closed completely, the husks of the former populations would've been used to cement the seal and Samara and her associate Somnum would've been able to complete the second part of the ritual uninterrupted." Isis states, glancing at Gabriel who is holding the Scythe. "That is a powerful and diabolically evil weapon known as Interitus; carved by the Gods of Darkness to do one thing, kill Champions and Gods of Light. You are lucky, lady Minkowski, that you never tried connecting with it mentally; it certainly would've killed you." She finishes as Gabriel nods his head and moves away with the weapon; Alyssa walking in tow. "As for those you left behind, worry not. With the wards from the Obelisks removed and the dimension cracked, The Gateway Knights can retrieve them and ensure nothing else in the timeline is affected. As to the final, and possibly most important query, Somnum."

She pauses and seemingly fashions an illusion out of thin air, perfectly resembling the Baal-rog. "Somnum is a Greater Demon who within the past century claimed the title of Demon Lord. He did play a part in the war, though to what extent I dare not say. He aspires to become a true god of darkness, and his shell of a Baal-rog is fleeting. The dimension you cracked was his, not Samara's. As were the Obelisks. It is rumored he works directly with Set and Anubis. I suspect him to be a threat in the future, but time will tell if he can recover from this defeat."

"Now, you've met Gabriel, I shall have these others introduce themselves before they depart. Their names may be familiar in your fiction, though do not let the books of mortals confuse you." Isis nearly commands, and Bri can specifically see each of them ever so slightly nod their heads.

The formerly enflamed one steps forward; standing tall and proud with a pair of large golden wings, easily the most handsome of the three remaining. "I am Lucifer, Arch Spirit for the Seraphs."
The smaller one steps forward next, with wings and a welcoming voice. "I am Raphael, Arch Spirit for the Cheruu."
The tallest one moves forward next, with no wings to show but no less imposing and a more powerful voice than the former. "And I am known as Michael, Arch Spirit for the Tharsis. You've already met Gabriel, Arch Spirit for the Ariels; of which Terra Levis, the one you know as Alyssa, also hails from. You've met more Spirits of Light than most Champions of Good; but do not take that lightly. We are not like the angels of your pre historical lore. We fight the Gods of Darkness and bring vengeance down upon those who unjustly wrong the innocent." Michael responds, nearly spitting at the term angel, and everyone can feel his force of will. He turns to the others, then the trio of them bow to Isis before leaving without another word. When the trio leaves, it feels like a weight is lifted from everyone's shoulders.

It's then the Gateway Knights approach and the troop recognizes Sir Emberly and Colt at the head with a third, unrecognized one. Several other robes figures also moves in closer around Isis in specific but now there is a larger contingent around everyone as Colt speaks. "You actually succeeded, for all our worlds. O Thou of Countless Names, my Lord, you need not stay unless you desire too. We can handle returning these Champions to their home."

The Goddess smiles, holding up a hand towards Colt and then looks towards Bri. "Miss Clarke; do hold on to the dagger, consider it a parting gift." She says and then looks to the others. "This will likely be the last time we meet, so if you have any other questions, I shall entertain them but then I shall be on my way."
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Victor Singer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:59 am

Perception: 1d100:
2
% (50% base)
JIC: 1d20:
12

JIC: 1d100:
3


Victor tries to absorb all the mythological talk, only retaining about a quarter of what is said and understanding less then that. "Somebody promised me high level AI robots on this trip damnit...and so far, zip!", he grumbles internally so as not to interrupt the goddess. When the disgruntled guy with a firey sword sounds off, Victor moves a step or two away from Ecks. Moments later his face betrays his internal thoughts with a look stuck half way between disbelief and utter surprise, "Lucifer? Seriously...I mean, sure he's got the fire thing down. But I thought he was bigger...and redder...and less hanging out with angels? Eh, they'll be leaving soon so I guess it doesn't matter much.".

When the Goddess of Countless Names winds down and asks if there are anymore questions, Victor is quick to speak up, "No ma'ma...er, Miss Goddess of Counted Names. I think that about covers it all, I think I speak for all of us when I say we just want to get back home now. No offense intended.", he gives a short, awkward bow.

Once the Goddess and here entourage move away, Victor turns to the Sir Emberly, "Hey, so...about that pulse rifle I borrowed and took back in time with me? I kinda' lost it back there in the pit fight. Sorry about that...".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
User avatar
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Ecks » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:21 am

Perception: 1d100:
6
/85%
JIC:1d20:
8
/1d100:
85


The being bursts into flames in anger and alarms Ecks, but does not sway him. He returns the spirit's wrathful glare with disinterest. While he is fully aware of the power disparity, but he also doesn't react favorably to threats from the supernatural. He thinks back to the sorceress' contempt or perhaps envy. It's something he understands and has always felt in regards to the supernatural. Her words come back to him. Where such a seed might grow in his own heart however is then covered by Isis staying its blade, displaying grace in as far as her subordinates go.

Ecks listens to Isis disclose the brief history of what had happened. This Somnom sounds to be an issue that's likely going to come around again. He was surprised by Samara's history though. He had taken her to be a human at one point. But he is relieved to hear that the other people of the other dimension will be spared.

"Does Somnom have a presence on this earth? A place he operates from that you're aware of? Beyond that, I can't think of anything else at this point."

When it is mentioned that they will be sent back to Merctown, Ecks pipes up saying, "We actually have a contract with Nathaniel Speakman. I assume he is still here?"

He does approach Brianna after Isis speaks to her. "Well, there's something for your troubles. How are you feeling? I don't know about you, but I'm starving and beat. Maybe we can get a bite to eat before we move on."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:34 pm

Perception: 1d100:
83

JIC: 1d20:
4
h
JIC: 1d100:
49



Max doesnt know what to think. Hes back in his own time and place. But he is in MadHaven again. He has gone from a ley line storm head ache to a MadHaven head ache. He gets to meet the angels again, so he isnt totally bummed. I wish I had a camera mom would love this.

"I know this is kinda a heartfelt reunion and all. But if anyone could get me back to my helicopter, I would love to get out of here. I just really wanna put this whole place in my rear view mirror."

The only other thing on Maxs mind was of course sleep. He got about thirty minutes worth in the Ultrajet and about thirty minutes worth at the pizza restaurant. But before that he was up about three days. He just wants to get away from all ley lines and crazy magical places, and sleep for about a week. Maybe some real booze would be nice too. But first things first.


Image
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Back in Time: A Timely Arrival

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:36 pm

Perception: 1d100:
8
/37% (52% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100:
34
/1d20:
4

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:Cosmic Armor (55/200 MDC, ends in 34 minutes 15 seconds, fly at 375 mph, or about 8250'/melee, or 1,031'/action), Impervious to Fire (ends in 26 minutes)
(Wasn't sure how much time had passed, so I just reduced the time remaining on my spells by one minute. Please let me know if it was otherwise)

When the fiery figure steps forward, Selenidaria immediately kneels with her head bowed, terrified that Ecks might have just gotten the whole group killed. She is immediately relieved when Isis herself stays the blade. "O Thou of Countless Names! Please forgive me for I knew not what to address you as!" Sel calls out to her goddess apologizing for using the incorrect term to address Isis. "I am your humble mortal servant, Elven though I may be! How do you wish for me to be of service to you?"

When Ecks informs Quinn about exploring and mapping the Eastern Seaboard, Sel speaks up "That's right. I still have a TW device I was wanting to try and work up if I could for that endeavor!" A look of worry passes over Sel's face, hidden by her power armor's helmet, but her voice is tinged with it when she speaks again. "That is, O Thou of Countless Names, if that is alright that I can continue doing so while serving you."
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests