Victor: Headhunter's Academy Training

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Victor: Headhunter's Academy Training

Postby Underguard » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:11 pm

Headhunter's Brochure wrote:Demon Hunting for Professional Mercs

Tennessee Jack's Headhunter Academy is expanding their offerings to include more advanced training for established mercenaries who regularly hunt demons and deevils. We offer eighteen courses ranging from leadership training, elite marksmanship, and advanced hand to hand techniques to Intelligence training and Demon Hunting techniques. We cater to serious mercenaries only, so unless you are prepared to have your ass kicked and learn something, don't even apply. We've contracted with the Collegiate to summon actual demons and deevils for live fire exercises. A full waiver of all legal claims is required for admittance to the program. Come learn how to be the front line of the fight against the Minion War and its spillover on earth. Triple or quadruple your value in eight to forty-two weeks, depending on course. We offer full and condensed courses to fit your schedule.

Given the recent influx of demonic and supernatural problems the world has faced recently, Victor is hardly surprised to find the Headhunter's Academy bustling with people signing on for the Demon Hunter's Advanced Training. Victor goes through the sign-up process, filling out the required forms, waivers and liability disclosures handily. Once selection comes up, he is pegged the fourth class, dubbed Domino Squad. He heads to the initial briefing room and looks around at his classmates, or squad. He sees mercenaries of varying ages and races filtering in, including him, twelve in total. There are eight humans with the other four being other dimensional races of some form. Victor does recognize one of them as being a D'norr Devilman, which somewhat surprises him given the amount of recent scrutiny they've been under regarding their appearance and the general ignorance of the populations.

After the last one finds their seat, the twelve of them sit in silence for a moment before the door opens and an older man walks in, hardly making a sound. He is an obvious veteran mercenary, grizzled and imposing. He takes a moment to look over the twelve sitting before him and merely shakes his head before tapping a few buttons on his personal computer; causing the lights to dim, the windows to close and a large monitor to activate. Victor hears a human female next to him mutter to the merc next to her "Shit, our instructor is Elanos Haliat. Made a name for himself as a brutal killer up in the tundra; they called him the Venator. He's a hardass." She finishes, and Victor spots their instructor glance up at her and hears her inhale as she shuts up.

A large map appears on the screen and he finally speaks. "Alright, pay attention. I do not repeat myself. You've all signed the waivers and you want to be here, so I won't bother with a shit safety brief. You might die in the course, wrap your head around that and move on or drop out now, save me the trouble. Now. My name is Elanos Haliat; you will address me as Sir or Instructor Haliat. This course has three phases. Red, White and Blue. The Red Phase is where we start; and during this phase I sort out the weak. Some of you have training, some of you just picked up a gun and got lucky. I will show you how to handle supernatural evil in this course. I can teach you the right spots to hit on every common and uncommon demon you may run into, where to hurt them, how to cause them pain; how to kill them. There will be several lecture portions, as well as team building and life fire drills; during the Red Phase, you will come face to face with a true demon at least once. Now, barring any questions, we get to the meat of Red Phase."

Victor listens in as the mercenary describes what'll be happening over the course of the next few weeks and mentally prepares himself for the trails that lay before him.

GM Note: Write a response to Red Phase, as detailed as you want it to be. Incorporate basic ideas of lesson learning, team building, obstacles, live fire drills and at least one encounter, either alone or as a team excercise with a lesser demon. When you write that, I'll respond with the next phase. This is an opportunity for 3-5 posts of heavy personal story/growth.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Re: Victor: Headhunter's Academy Training

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 92% (56% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 2

Headhunter's Academy, Day 1

Victor's Diary

'So, this is kind of like basic all over again. But less P-T and more class room learning. Okay, so it's more like our advanced training for power armor and demolitions in the N-G Army. Either way, I'm already starting to see why 75% of conventional tactics and weaponry don't work against monsters and demons. Haliat's every bit the hard core bad-ass I grew up hearing about. First visit with A-A-P-S I'll have to fill Ecks in. I bet he'll be surprised when I tell him the guy is my instructor for this course! Been keeping an eye on that D'norr in our class, not because I don't like her or anything. But I can already tell she'll be the outcast of the squad just because of her appearance. Might try and talk to her tomorrow.'

Headhunter's Academy, Day 2

The next day Victor finds a seat next to the D'norr woman and attempts a bit of conversation with her before class begins, “Hey there, I'm Victor Singer, member of A-A Professional Services.”. He offers his hand, unsure if her race does that sort of thing, but he figures he will try anyways. “I know it's only the second day, but how are you settling in so far?”, he asks as a follow up.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NE-BA-26 EBA; MDC: [90/90] w/built-in
N-F20A Medium Force Field; MDC: [75/75] OFF
Black military fatigues
Tactical Utility & Pistol Belt
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:00 pm

[Day Two]

Victor comes across as genuine to the D'norr female; which prompts a response from her he doesn't expect as she doesn't immediately accept his handshake. "Tch. Why do you want to know. Cause of these?" She responds sharply and sarcastically, pointing at her horns. Victor can only assume she is used to unfriendly conversations due to her appearance and the recent influx of demons and demonic activity around Earth and beyond; she doesn't seem to be settling in well. Victor finds himself staring where she pointed which prompts another response. "Hey. What's AA stand for, Awkward Assholes?" Victor doesn't have time to respond as the Venator walks in and immediately demands everyone's attention.

The Dnorr finds herself partnered with Victor not thirty minutes later for an exercise identifying different supernatural threats, causing an awkward moment where she turns to Victor with a different expression on her face; Victor can almost think of it as regret. "So, Victor Singer was it? My name is Tasrea Robrar, sorry for earlier. I'm settling in alright." She states.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Venenifer (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:00 am

Headhunter's Academy, Day 2 (continued)

Victor shrugs and grins, "Hey, don't worry about it. I've had harsher shut downs then that before. Anyways, nice to meet you Tasrea. As for the A-A...uh, I have no idea what it means come to think of it.", he uses a pencil to scratch behind his ear for a moment, "I really ought to ask Ecks about that the next time I see him.". Victor shakes his head and turns his attention back to Tasrea, "Hey, so do you know anything about this material? Because I....have no experience with this stuff whatsoever. Which, is of course why I am taking this course.".

Victor's Diary

'Made a friend of sorts today. We have a D'norr Devilman of the female persuasion in our training squad. First contact with her was...well, a bit rough. Then, we ended up paired together for a group exercise and she changed her tune. Which is good, since for some reason I feel strangely attracted to her? Well, I've got 32 more weeks to get to know her is the upside. Besides that, the rest of our squad seems to be a fairly decent bunch. The material isn't as difficult as I though it would be either, well, at least not so far. As for our instructor, the Venator, he's...well, he's fair, I'll give him that much at least. We all get treated equally....equally shitty that is. But, he knows his stuff, there is no doubt about that.'

Headhunter's Academy, Day 27

Victor's Diary

'Been making a habit of sitting near Tasrea and frequently grouping with her for projects. Can't be sure if she just tolerates me or if she actually enjoys my company. Either way, class is going well. I'm still convinced a knee cap is a knee cap...meaning a fusion block will do the same thing to a gargoyle as it would to a TR-002. I haven't been brave enough to ask the Venator yet though. He really doesn't like wrong answers...or stupid questions. Actually, he reminds me of my demolitions instructor during basic training back in M-I. Main difference is Venator has all his digits still.'

Headhunter's Academy, Day 70

Victor's Diary

'Well, Red Phase is over. Only 21 weeks to go...why am I even counting this early? Anyway, I've picked up a lot so far. I never realized how many different types of demons and monsters there are! We aren't even finished with the ones starting with G yet. Then there's the live fire drills, which really aren't that hard. Several of the others in our squad are struggling out on the range though, I think that's mostly because they are green still. One of them hadn't even had basic energy rifle training! I did the best I could to help him out, but never found out why he hadn't learned to shoot one until now. Our final test for this phase was...exciting? Venator split us up into combat squads of 6 and we were pitted against 3 gurgoyles. The up side is that gurgoyles don't have wings, unlike their larger cousins, plus they rely on modern weaponry for the most part, not magic. So that meant a lot of the tactics I've used against armored targets like RCVs worked pretty well against them. The biggest downside to me as not being allowed to use power armor. But we were given unrestricted access to personal weaponry and explosives. The fight was over pretty quickly compared to the other 2 combat squads. Almost felt sorry for the things....almost.'
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Underguard » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:15 pm

[Red Phase]

Red Phase was grueling but rewarding for Victor, he learned a great deal about the Lesser Demons and even got to battle a few of them with his squad in the live fire drills. As for the D'norr, he truly cannot tell if she just tolerates him or actually enjoys his company, but Victor does see that several other humans on the team look down on her.

The Venator called in what could be called an associate for the live fire drills, a mage. Victor and the crew watches as this mage, called a shifter, opens magical gateways akin to what he and his team had been dealing with in their time and dimension hopping adventure weeks ago. This mage is no weakling, and no where near inexperienced as he effortlessly summons several lesser demons to be used as targets. The mage has no care for his summoned minions, and sics them on Victor and his Squad ruthlessly. Due in no small part to Victor's recent tangle with demonic forces, he's more ready and experienced than most of the squad and finds that almost all of them seem to follow his lead. They down the demons with coordination, though two members do get wounded in the battles.

By the end of Red Phase, three of humans had dropped out. Where once there was twelve, there was now nine. Four dimensional and five humans. Victor does notice that the Dnorr starts warming up to him by the end of Red Phase, but only so much as she doesn't cold shoulder him. Victor also notices something subtle about the Dnorr, she is a mercenary to the bone, but it also seems she has a fairly large understanding of magic. And there was more than once where, during the live fires, she accomplished something that she shouldn't have been able too.

[White Phase]

The Venator walks in to the conference room on the first day of White Phase and triggers a large display behind him. Victor sees what looks like a hierarchy of their class, with him at the top. "All right, now that Red Phase is over, you can forget about any sympathy or handicaps. You must help each other, and you must work together. For White Phase, I have assigned rolls to each one of you." He states, taking a drink of his coffee before continuing. "Singer. You are Domino Squad Leader to start. Robrar, you're Alpha Team Leader. Finnley, you are Beta Squad Leader. Each team has four people, with the squad leader incharge of both." Venator states while taking another drink, then one of the humans, who Victor knows as David Rankin, stands up slamming his hand into the table.

"Why the hell is Singer squad leader? You know me Haliat, I should be the first Squad Leader." He demands, causing an awkward silence in the room. Tasrae looks at Victor with a slight bit of worry as they all hear the Venator sigh. He gently places his coffee cup down and walks over to where Rankin is standing.

Within the blink of an eye, The Venator moves so fast for his age he has the young mercenary's face slammed and pinned to the table, with one of his arms drawn back nearly to the point of breaking. Rankin cries out and whimpers as the Venator leans in, loud enough for everyone to hear but in a normal, inside voice. "He's squad leader first because I said so. You'd do well to remember your place; I'm hear to teach you. Not. Put up with your bullshit. Got a problem, address it. You know how it's done, Rankin. Now sit down and shut up until I call for questions." He says calmly with each break in his sentences prompting him to push the arm just a little bit further. Victor does see a slight smile creep on Tasrae's face as she watches the Venator, who is easily 30 years older, completely dominate a young and supposedly strong merc-man. The Venator's title of a Brutal Killer seems well earned, for Victor can definitely see the eyes of a brutal mercenary who has taken no shit in his life stare down on this kid.

The Venator releases Rankin, letting him fall back to his seat, before moving back to the front and continuing on with his explanation of White Phase. "During this phase, we will focus far more of Live Fire Training, Stress Training and Mental challenges. My associate, Rouis, will be calling forth several Lesser Demons for you to handle at once. This will require extreme determination and coordination. Make it through without losing anyone, and you'll get high marks. Singer." He states, snapping Victor's attention, "You'll have your work cut out for you. Work with your team leaders. The Squad's success, or failure, will be a direct reflection of you and is in your hands. After each Live Fire event, we will evaluate the current Squad Leader. Robrar, you'll be taking Squad Leader for the second Live Fire. Finnely, you'll get third, and then we'll move through the teams. Everyone will have a chance to be Squad Leader, and in the end of this phase, I will choose the best Squad Leader who will carry you through the final phase."

The Entire time the Venator was explaining, Victor notices that the rowdy one, Rankin, was staring daggers at both him and the Venator. If he was going to have a problem, it was going to be with that one. When the Venator calls for questions, however, Rankin remains silent. It was going to be an interesting Blue Phase, to be sure. Though, at the very least, Victor's confidence in The Venator has grown, and it definitely seems like the Dnorr, Tasrae, was at least warming up to him.
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
Underguard
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:28 am

Headhunter's Academy, Day 71

Once the Venator had finished assigning lessons and had left for the day, Victor gathered the rest of the squad together. He looked around the the group steadily for a moment, "Ok, let me start by saying this. I have earned this position, whether some of you like it or not. Whether some of you think you should have it instead of me.", his eyes picking out Rankin for a moment. "Let me explain why I signed up for his class.", he went on, "I was trained as a power armor trooper by the M-I military, conventional warfare against other similarly armed opponents. None of my training included fighting monsters of any kind. Then, about four months ago A-A-P-S, the mercenary group I belong to, took on a job that entailed going back in time and stopping a sorceress from destroying an entire world. Up until then, I had never faced any sort of magic, much less demons or monsters of any kind.".

Victor motioned at the various books and posters on the walls with images of demons and monsters on them, "During the final battle, we had to face a Bal-rog demon among other things. A couple of my team had some knowledge of this thing and meanwhile...I felt next to useless. Most energy weapons were practically useless. Explosives hurt it, but I didn't know where to place them, so that didn't help as much as I hoped for. Like I said, the fight for me was a mess and a constant guessing game.".

Victor sighed, "So on our way back to MercTown I decided to sign up for this course and make sure that next time I would know what to do. Next time I'll know what we're up against and how to take it down as effectively as possible. Now, I didn't tell you all this to get your sympathy. I'm sure that many of you have a similar reason for being here. Just understand that I take this all very seriously and I will see to it we all succeed here.". He stopped and once again looked at Rankin, "And I can't do that if I have to fight with any of you at the same time. So if any of you have a problem with me, say something now.". He pauses for a moment, waiting to see if anyone speaks up before going on, "If anyone has any questions or is having trouble with anything concerning this course, let me know. Together we will work any issues out. Like Venator said, we have to learn to work together.".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
TX-6 Revolver
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
Credit cards
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet