Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC: 1d100 = 76

Max is intently watching the sensor array for any sign of what is out there. He is holding his fire until he knows what he is firing on, and if they are hostile. damn she things hiding in the trees. "Naliyah,
help is on the way but we're way ahead of them. We will watch your back until then. Do your thing."

Max holds his position until he knows what is there and where they are. The music is still on hold.

Pilot: Military-Combat Helicopters 73% 1d100 = 3
Radio: Basic 70% 1d100 = 78
Sensory Equipment 55% 1d100 = 75
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 95/1d20 = 13
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:

Sel is having a hard time holding a screwdriver straight as STCI is bouncing around on the improvised path being forged by Morning Glory, muttering under her breath "Dinosaurus pristinus stultus, stultus viam quodammodo eveniat!"

Translation from Elvish/Dragonese
"Stupid dinosaurs, stupid improvised path!" (Technically, that was latin, but I have always felt that Elvish/Dragonese in the Palladium Megaverse is closer to Latin, not to mention I was too lazy to just make up words when I could have Google do it for me)

Cringing at hearing her baby being abused like this, despite knowing that she likely wouldn't fare much better, but at least she could take comfort in the fact that it was her damaging STCI like this and not some relatively unknown person. Taking a quiet, deep breath before letting it out before fixing the radio. (Basic Electronics 1d100 = 77/67%, Electrical Engineering 1d100 = 11/72%)

Sel will radio Ecks, either by STCI or by the radio in Jonathan, saying "Hey Legs! Is there anyway you can find a less bumpy path? I'd rather not have one or both of the trailers break free because of too much stress on the hitches."
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 125/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:27 pm

JIC: 1d100 = 69, 1d20 = 11
Perception 68%/1d100 = 38 - PASS

Naliyah wrote:Mink, Max, Nali here. All is still at the moment. No sign of Victor on the ground, but it looks like he approached an alcove down here that heads underground. It's difficult to spot from above. I am going use my magic to see what happened; cover me as I won't be aware for a few moments, Nali out

Mink is frustrated by not being on the ground, but also knows there is little she can do that will change anything. her flight is not covert like Naliyah's spells, and she can reach out and effectively attack anything attacking her from here. "Confirmed. Covering your surroundings." Compensating for the movements by the experienced pilot is not that hard either. Focusing on covering the sentient lion, Mink is a guardian angel, protecting her from on high and searching the area to make out the alcove based on the Shing's movements. "Thanks for keeping it steady, Max."

Surveillance 75%/1d100 = 69 - Find signs of hidden foes, cameras, etc - PASS
Intelligence 82%/1d100 = 34 - Figure out protocols for a hidden base like this. - PASS
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 94 - find any enemy - FAIL
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 69 - find any sign of a hidden base (thermal waste emissions, for example, say from a vent, etc) - FAIL
Detect Concealment 45%/1d100 = 71 - find any sign of a hidden enemy - FAIL
Detect Concealment 45%/1d100 = 63 - find any sign of a hidden base - FAIL

Combat Contingencies
Initiative 1d20+7 = 22
Action 1-3: Aimed, Called Shot on the weapon of the first target to attack Nali, looking to destroy it or at least shoot it out of their hands. 1d20+9 = 19 4d6 = 18
Action 4: Shoot enemies attacking Nali 1d20+6 = 26 1d6*10 = 60
Action 5: Shoot enemies attacking Nali 1d20+6 = 14 1d6*10 = 60
Action 6: Shoot enemies attacking Nali 1d20+6 = 21 1d6*10 = 50
Action 7: Shoot enemies attacking Nali 1d20+6 = 15 1d6*10 = 40
Action 8: Shoot enemies attacking Nali 1d20+6 = 17 1d6*10 = 60
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Rear Group Conditions wrote:Location: ~15 out from the campsite / ~65 miles away.
Time/Date: 01:45:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~10 minutes have passed
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.
Bri Psi Conditions: Normal


Ecks kicks the Hunter into gear and uses all his know-how as an operator to pilot the behemoth with a certain level of grace and speed many would assume is impossible. He is able to kick the Hunter's speed up and beyond that of STCI's, especially while it is towing two hitches.

For Sel and Quinn, the ride is bumpy and rough and a few times it feels as though the tow is being strained. Quinn isn't comfortable driving the truck faster than 65 MPH with the two hitches on while off-road. The Hunter, in turn, travels just a mile or so faster. Sel tries to repair the radio amid the turmoil and, while she almost shorts it again, her electrical knowledge saves it and she hears the radio cackle to life again. Immediately radioing her allies in the hunter, Bri hears Sel and does her best to find a suitable path for the truck to follow on.

Unfortunately, Bri is not able to find a suitable path just yet. Whoever said traveling in a straight line was the fastest has certainly never done it under duress and a time crunch. Bri is able to keep them on course, but not much else.

What are you doing?


Advanced Group Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Terrority.
Time/Date: 01:45:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~10 minutes have passed.
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.


[Naliyah; On the ground]

On the ground, Naliyah reports what she sees initially and hears the call of support from above as she continues her snooping around. Looking around, she doesn't see anything immediately warranting a threat, and opens her minds eye to see what normally cannot be seen. She still sees nothing amiss.

She finds no blood trail, no scent marks or anything of the like around the area. When Naliyah approaches the alcove, she finds another grouping of footprints that comes from the hovercraft. Her eyes make out seven different sets of footprints, all leaving hefty imprints on the ground. That, in combination with the lack of a humanoid or biological scent, leads Naliyah to conclude that whomever this craft belonged too also operated within full environmental armors or power armors.

Feeling safe for the moment, Naliyah focuses her mind and casts Retro-Viewing. As if in trance, Naliyah is suddenly deafened and watches what transpired on Victor's landing.

Retro-viewing
Victor impacts the ground hard, landing on one of his large power armor's knees before standing. The head moves from the left, then to the right; it glances up and then around before approaching the hovercraft. Victor stops when he spots the Alcove and raises a weapon towards the entryway. Approaching, he enters the dark alcove.

Naliyah's sight suddenly begins to fizzle and her head begins to hurt as though there is some sort of interference. Focusing past it, she watches. She sees Victor inside, then in the blink of an eye, his silhouette vanishes inside the alcove.


[Mink and Max; Up above]

Max pilots the helicopter like a sworn professional fighter pilot, unfortunately though, his sensor sweeps pick up nothing. Max does get a ping on his radar showing the Rear Group roughly 60 miles out.

Mink, appreciative of the steady flying, resigns to provide overwatch from above. As she gazes through her scope, the operative notices a certain and distressing stillness to the surrounding woodlands. She watches Naliyah approach the Alcove, which she can hardly make out and would likely have skipped right over it from above had it not been pointed out; it is certainly well hidden from aerial sweeps. While she cannot spot any signs of enemy movement anymore, nor other signs of the base, she does recall a few things about hidden bases such as the one Naliyah and Victor potentially stumbled upon.

Usually such bases will lead to a dead end, and there will be a means to descend several floors before reaching the actual main level of the base. It was common of older military structures and government research facilities to build one the smallest and most unnoticeable of structures on the surface that then descended much lower to larger complexes.

What are you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 12 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 92

Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 64, 1d100 = 52 (45%)
Navigation 1d100 = 43, 1d100 = 78 (55%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)

Ecks pays attention to the surroundings as they hustle through the forest. "No dinosaurs? That's hard to imagine. Kind of like saying there's no dragons or magic. Just hard to imagine."


There's an audible pause on the radio as Brianna reflects on what Ecks just said. A second later, there's an almost ear piercing shriek from Brianna. "Are you saying DRAGONS are real too!?!?!” Brianna's voice is full of excitement as she adds, ”Have you ever seen one?? What are they like!?!?!”

Unfortunately, Bri is not able to find a suitable path just yet. Whoever said traveling in a straight line was the fastest has certainly never done it under duress and a time crunch. Bri is able to keep them on course, but not much else.


Brianna frowns as she doesn't have much luck finding a path yet. She says to Sel over the radio, ”Sorry, I'm trying to find a better path. Brianna continues to try to find a smoother path for them. At least we're going in the right direction so far. Brianna thinks to herself. Hopefully I can keep it that way.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Perception 68%/1d100 = 88 - Fail
JIC: 1d20 = 9, 1d100 = 52

Quietly over the radio, so as not to alert those near her, Mink says "Nali, when you can, radio me back."

Once the cat-being responds, Mink continues, "So that is the entrance to an underground base. There is probably an elevator down there in it, unless I'm completely off my mark. it might be hidden, but who knows until we get in it. I'm going to head down to back you up. Max, can you update and guide Ecks and Sel here while I try to secure you a spot to land? I'll radio you coordinates once I find them." With that, Mink stows her rifle, makes sure she has one of her pack is secure, and dives out of the helicopter, free falling for a few before kicking her jetpack on to slow her descent enough to land safely. She does land a distance from Nali and the entrance so as to not draw attention to the stealthy cat.

She reaches into her pack after getting into cover and pausing. She pulls out her floater drones, sending them up and connecting to them with her drone control unit. She sends them high to survey the area in detail. Otherwise, she does not move herself so as to not draw attention to her position. "On the ground, but in surveillance mode," she adds on the team frequency, though without any external speakers being on.

Jet Packs 82%/1d100 = 39 - Stick the landing with as little use of the jetpack as possible. PASS!
Prowl 75%/1d100 = 54 - to land quietly and move forward quieter PASS!
Walk tightrope or high wire 88%/1d100 = 53 - to land without as much use of the jetpack, using sturdy limbs to stick the landing PASS!
Surveillance 75%/1d100 = 29 - Survey the area and find a place for Max to land, also, any hidden cameras? PASS!
Photography 55%/1d100 = 32 - get good pictures with the drones for later analysis PASS!
Wilderness Survival 80%/1d100 = 25 - Does anything not belong? PASS!
Radio: Basic 100%/1d100 = 10 - Any Bad Guys, Any transmissions? PASS!
Electronic Countermeasures 85%/1d100 = 78 - To counter any ECM attacks PASS!
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 46 - Any Bad Guys, Any transmissions? PASS!
Detect Ambush 65%/1d100 = 35 - Any bad guys? Any surveillance gear PASS!
Intelligence 82%/1d100 = 17 - What do I see, and what could it mean? PASS!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 20/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 97
JIC (20): 1d20 = 7

Conditions (at end of post): Invisibility (Simple)[/color]: 3:00 remaining; Nightvision: 45 minutes remaining




Underguard wrote:
Advanced Group Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Terrority.
Time/Date: 01:45:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~10 minutes have passed.
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.


[Naliyah; On the ground]

On the ground, Naliyah reports what she sees initially and hears the call of support from above as she continues her snooping around. Looking around, she doesn't see anything immediately warranting a threat, and opens her minds eye to see what normally cannot be seen. She still sees nothing amiss.

She finds no blood trail, no scent marks or anything of the like around the area. When Naliyah approaches the alcove, she finds another grouping of footprints that comes from the hovercraft. Her eyes make out seven different sets of footprints, all leaving hefty imprints on the ground. That, in combination with the lack of a humanoid or biological scent, leads Naliyah to conclude that whomever this craft belonged too also operated within full environmental armors or power armors.

Feeling safe for the moment, Naliyah focuses her mind and casts Retro-Viewing. As if in trance, Naliyah is suddenly deafened and watches what transpired on Victor's landing.

Retro-viewing
Victor impacts the ground hard, landing on one of his large power armor's knees before standing. The head moves from the left, then to the right; it glances up and then around before approaching the hovercraft. Victor stops when he spots the Alcove and raises a weapon towards the entryway. Approaching, he enters the dark alcove.

Naliyah's sight suddenly begins to fizzle and her head begins to hurt as though there is some sort of interference. Focusing past it, she watches. She sees Victor inside, then in the blink of an eye, his silhouette vanishes inside the alcove.


What was that? Never experienced that before... thinks the Shing as she pushes past the momentary interference or resistance to her magic.

Mink, Nali here. Not detecting any immediate threats- all is quiet. There are 7 sets of footprints down here - guessing heavier than average human weight based on the imprints, and no scent I can pick up - maybe either in environmental armor or cyborgs or robots of some kind. My magic showed me that Victor entered the alcove alone and ... well, vanished, more or less. Holding for backup, over she says in a low voice - almost a whisper - over the radio so as not to alert anyone or anything potentially listening in the area.

When Mink comes down, Nali stays on high alert - ears perked, eyes scanning, sniffer engaged, as her senses are sharpened and the intrigue grows.

Something isn't right here... how could he just...vanish like that? she wonders, puzzled by Victor's sudden disappearance in her magical vision, and still disturbed by the interference or resistance she encountered during it.

She will wait until Mink or other backup arrives, as she has no desire to repeat what happened to Victor (whatever that may be).
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:11 pm

Mini-Update

[On the trail]
Brianna

Unfortunately, with this being a largely uncharted area since the cataclysm, the navigation system is hard pressed to do anything more than help Bri keep them on track. However, on scanning for specific routes that, Bri spots a trail of flattened terrain that seems to curve a little more northward than the location of Max and the others, but would significantly help with STCIs speed for the long haul. Peeling off of the trail when they get much closer, giving a break to STCI's tow hitches. Bri figures this might help cut their travel time but a quarter hour, maybe more if they push max speeds.

[On the ground]
Mink and Naliyah

Like an aerial angel of death, Mink descends much more gracefully than Victor with a noted precision. Diving down like she was aiming for a ten point dive into a pool, her descent is swift and she only activates her jetpack for mere seconds at a time to offset her speed and control her landing. Using a nearby tree and excellent control, she is able to land nearly as softly as Naliyah did.

She immediately deploys her floater drones and sends them on a search pattern. Within a couple of minutes, she is able to spot a suitable landing spot half a mile north from the Hovercraft's location. She also note that there are no notable security cameras or other systems in the immediate area; a likely reason is that the relative obscurity of the remote entrance was a deterrent enough among Shemarrian Territory. How the Shemarrians never stumbled upon it, or what alerted the hovercraft too it, seems currently unknown.

Naliyah is able to spot several of Minks flying drones as they scour the area, but can't actually see the operative herself. Something seems off to the Lioness, though. The movement that suddenly vanished, Victor's disappearance and the interference she encountered from the alcove. None of it adds up yet.


What are you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 14/1d20 = 3
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:

"Alright, copy that. Over and out." Sel sighed as she responds to Bri. Sel rubs her hands over her face in frustration at the situation until the hit another rut, nearly making her bounce right out of her seat. "Alright doc, I'll take over for now. I know your doing your best, and normally I wouldn't be all that much better, but I do have an ace up my sleeve. I can mentally link myself with Staci for nearly half an hour at a time, being able to drive her intuitively." Sel says as she sits down in the co-pilot seat, removes a glove, touches STCI, and uses Telemechanics (-10 ISP, 24 minute duration). With that done, she will take over driving STCI (Pilot: Tanks/APC's 1d100 = 36/88%, normally 63%, but boosted to 88% due to Telemechanics).
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 125/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 27 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 6, 1d100 = 29

Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 20, 1d100 = 61 (45%)
Navigation 1d100 = 8, 1d100 = 17 (55%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)

Brianna smiles a little to herself as she finds a trail of flattened terrain. That's a little better! Brianna thinks to herself as she relays the trail to Ecks over the radio. ”Hey, Ecks, I found a bit of a better trail a bit northward of here. It might helps us get there a bit faster if we push the hunter to max speeds.” Brianna continues to try to find an even better path to get to the others more quickly.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm

Rear Group wrote:Location: Entering Shemarrian Territory ~50 miles away.
Time/Date: 02:00:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~15 minutes have passed
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.
Bri Psi Conditions: Normal


Ecks continues pilots on the new course pointed out by Bri, with Sel and Quinn in tow. Sel takes over piloting STCI and pilots it much more efficiently than the doc did, using her telemechanics and flat terrain provided by Bri, is able to kick the STCI near max speed without too much strain. The obvious goal right now, to cover the distance and get there as soon as possible.

Bri does a fine job keeping them on track and within fifteen minutes, the rear group finds themselves entering Shemarrian Territory. Bri gets an odd bring on the sensor sweep but when she tries to focus in on the blip, it seems to be gone. She isn't sure, but she knows that their traveling isn't quiet so they could very well be being watched and/or followed.

The path begins to veer slightly northward of Max's signal, but if they push it at max speeds, Ecks, Sel and Bri are confident they can get there within half an hour. STCI would need to get checked out when they stopped though, and the tow hitches as well.

Sel and Ecks, please provide Pilots Checks (and contingencies if you intend to keep Telemechanics active)
Bri, please provide Sensory and Nav checks (and others, should you deem)


What are you doing?

Forward Group wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory .
Time/Date: 02:00:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~15 minutes have passed.
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.


Max gets a ping on his radar showing the Hunter and STCI being about 50 miles out, moving at really good speeds considering terrain.

On the ground, after a few minutes of scouting and in addition to what her drones find, Mink actually does seem to pick up a barely registerable signal from below her. She could be mistaken, but it seems like Victor's IFF is pinging several hundred feet below them.

Naliyah, meanwhile, manages to spot where Mink is crouching, and her invisibly ends, allowing Mink to see her as well.

What are you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d100 = 75


Max slowly circles the area. if this aint some spooky shit
There is nothing much to do yet except circle and keep a watch out for the flock below. Its dark. Even with the night vision in the sky wolf, and his own impeccable ability to sense things he cannot see much.
He starts scanning around for a landing site and possible roads or trails leading to the group on the ground.
Sensory Equipment 55% 1d100 = 82
Navigation 70% 1d100 = 32

"Ecks, All troops are on the ground, Victor is MIA, Im looking for a road or trail to help y'all find us. I'm gonna maintain overwatch until you arrive"
Pilot: Military-Combat Helicopters 73% 1d100 = 19
Max keeps slowly circling the area looking out for the team on the ground. He mumbles a prayer for their safety.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 6

Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 37, 1d100 = 28 (45%)
Navigation 1d100 = 70, 1d100 = 3 (55%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Normal (13/18)

Brianna continues to try to find the best path for the Mobile Hunter so they can reach the rest of AAPs as quickly as possible. This is definitely better. I hope we can reach the rest of the team before it's too late!

Frowning as she notices the blip, Brianna tells the others on the radio, ”Let's be on the look out, guys. I keep seeing something on the sensors. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but there's a very good chance something is watching us. Quite possibly whatever it is will be following us as well.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Perception: 68%/1d100 = 50 - PASS!
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 83

Mink radios the helicopter. "Max, got you a landing vector. Coordinates follow." She gives him the location in standard notation, as well as relative to the hovercraft. "Relay to the primary team that it'd be a good parking spot for Staci as well. I'm on the ground and linked up with Nali. I've got readings from Victor's IFF a few hundred feet below my current location. I'm going to get a good look at the hovercraft before we think about heading into the tunnel. Ask Ecks if he wants us to wait on him, or head after Victor directly, please." She then calls back her floaters and has them flank her. Her left hand is kept at the ready, with its vambrace and particle beam ready for action.

She then moves to the hovercraft and inspects it, looking for clues as to who was using it (what language are the markings in, what can she see inside (using the floaters to see in windows too high to lean up to, etc). Finally she touches the APC, trying to pull impressions. If she must she'll pop open her PA to activate her psionics, but only as a last resort and only after asking Nali to watch her back.

Tracking: People 70%/1d100 = 37 - Aside from Victor, myself, and Nali, any other signs of people? - PASS!
Detect Ambush 65%/1d100 = 1 - Check the corners, check the trees, check the underneath and top of the APC and the surroundings - CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Wilderness Survival 80%/1d100 = 70 - Are their signs of anything out of the ordinary, aside from the tunnel - PASS!
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 62 - Ears on and listening for anything that might draw my attention, like a previously silent person moving through the brush. - FAIL!
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 44 - Anything in the APC? - PASS!
Photography 55%/1d100 = 19 - To see into the APC and photgraph anything identifying - PASS!
Detect Concealment 45%/1d100 = 4 - Someone trying to hide something on or in the APC? - CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Surveillance 75%/1d100 = 24 - Any radio signals? - PASS!
Radio: Basic 100%/1d100 = 57 - Any radio signals? - PASS!
Intelligence 82%/1d100 = 50 - Interpret what I see - PASS!
Object Read (6 ISP) - Impressions: 70%/1d100 = 55 - Who is using the hover APC? - PASS!
Object Read - Images: 62%/1d100 = 46 - Who is using the hover APC? - PASS!
Object Read - Present: 52%/1d100 = 53 - Who is using the hover APC? - FAIL!
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 100/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 80/1d20 = 20
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Telemechanics (9 minutes remaining)

Pilot: Tanks & APC's 88%/1d100 = 6

"Oh thank the gods you found more level terrain, Bri! How much further we go, you reckon Ecks?" Sel says with a sigh of relief after Bri finds the more level road.

When Bri mentions seeing something on the sensors, Sel takes a look herself on the Staci's Head's Up Display (Sensory Equipment 67%/1d100 = 83) "I'm taking a look myself. Hey Quinn, if I see it on the radar, turn the thermographic camera in that direction to see what it picks up. Otherwise just use it to slowly scan the area.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 125/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 88/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 36
JIC (20): 1d20 = 9

Conditions (at end of post): Nightvision: 30 minutes remaining





Underguard wrote:
Forward Group wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory .
Time/Date: 02:00:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~15 minutes have passed.
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.


Max gets a ping on his radar showing the Hunter and STCI being about 50 miles out, moving at really good speeds considering terrain.

On the ground, after a few minutes of scouting and in addition to what her drones find, Mink actually does seem to pick up a barely registerable signal from below her. She could be mistaken, but it seems like Victor's IFF is pinging several hundred feet below them.

Naliyah, meanwhile, manages to spot where Mink is crouching, and her invisibly ends, allowing Mink to see her as well.

What are you doing?


Naliyah holds deadly still, her senses on high alert, as she waits for Mink to make the next move.

She knows humans better than I do. I have no idea what went through that guy's head... she thinks as she tries to puzzle out what happened to Victor.

Mink wrote:She then moves to the hovercraft and inspects it, looking for clues as to who was using it (what language are the markings in, what can she see inside (using the floaters to see in windows too high to lean up to, etc). Finally she touches the APC, trying to pull impressions. If she must she'll pop open her PA to activate her psionics, but only as a last resort and only after asking Nali to watch her back.


The Shing watches Mink examine things while she waits, still troubled by her own strange experience with her magic just a few minutes before.

"What's our move?" she says to the radio in a low voice while keeping all her senses peeled for clues.

Too quiet here.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 77

Pilot Robots and Power Armor--1d100 = 5/109% (+3%)
Sensory Equipment--1d100 = 94/108% (+5%)


"How much further we go, you reckon Ecks?"


"Well, Bri might have a better idea, but roughly another 50 miles. It's going to take a bit. Let's hope they can hold on."

"Ecks, All troops are on the ground, Victor is MIA, Im looking for a road or trail to help y'all find us. I'm gonna maintain overwatch until you arrive"



"Copy that Max, we are moving inbound at top speed but we may have company."


Ecks looks over the sensors as well. Brianna's warning about someone watching them is well heeded and expected. "Well, with the noise we are making I'm sure anything with ears know we are here. I'll keep an eye on the sensors as well." Ecks says, keeping the Mobile Hunter dancing through the terrain, if a three story house can dance.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Rear Group wrote:Location: Entering Shemarrian Territory ~15 miles away.
Time/Date: 02:15:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~15 minutes have passed
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.
Bri Psi Conditions: Normal


The blips of movement Bri first pinged seemed to vanish, either due to range and speed of their own vehicles or lack of pursuit, she cannot be certain. Bri does a fine job keeping them on track, however and as they get closer, continues her sensor sweeps of the area. Veering more northward, Bri finds a moderate path that is only slightly uneven that STCI can travel on East, Southeast, to bring them to the Skywolf, which blips merely 20 miles away. While running her sensor checks, Bri finds the systems pinging off of several deep ravines in the area that, as they get closer, will be difficult for STCI to maneuver through.

Ecks and Sel both pilot their vehicles with a mastered precision, pushing their maximum speeds well beyond the recommended levels and actually keeping it safe. Sel is far too focused on driving the vehicle for her sensor sweep to bring up anything of value unfortunately, however she does see the Sky Wolf ping at about 20 miles out. Quinn acknowledges Sel's order and cycles through thermals and scans the area. "Got nothing right now!" Quinn responds.

Ecks also notes the ravines on a sensor sweep of his own, and is fairly confident the Hunter can be maneuvered through the ravines, STCI however would not be able to follow.

Everyone knows that, though the now slightly uneven terrain may slow them, they are within 15 minutes of their allies.

GM Note: Barring any unfortunate circumstances, you're closing the gap.
Ecks and Sel; please provide pilot checks again
Bri: Sensor/Navigation

Also, bare in mind the ravines. I hope to have a map made, but Bri and Ecks are both confident STCI cannot make it past the Ravines to where the APC and Skywolf are.


What are you doing?

Forward Group wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory .
Time/Date: 02:15:00; November 23rd, 111PA ~15 minutes have passed.
Conditions: Dark, cloudy night. Brisk cold winds.


Up in the air, Max communicates to Ecks and runs more sensor sweeps don't bring up much, however all is not for naught. He is able to map out a relative terrain sweep and the area is riddles with ravines that intersect with varying levels of water running underneath the trees. It seems like the best and possibly only way to get to where the hovercraft is would be by flight or extremely risky jumps. He can land his helicopter relatively close, but STCI will not be able to just pull up. The Hunter might be able to use it's legs and traverse the ravines but it'd be risky business considering loose dirt and tree covers. Should Max want to land, thanks to his own sight and Mink's he has a small clearing the Sky Wolf would be able to fit in, it might clip some trees but the vehicle would be fine.

Down below, Mink looks at all of the details she can absorb to determine what a good course may be, and what may be in store for them. Mink does see foot prints that lead from the hovercraft to the alcove, at least five different sets with two of them being deeper and more embedded into the loose and damp ground than the others indicating a similar sized suit of armor such as what Victor wears. Mink doesn't see anything else beyond that. Mink is able to sweep through the APC and photograph it, nothing seems amiss at all, and it seems like it was recently used with recent tracks of dirt inside that are barely drying from the damp dirt outside. While in the APC, Mink does find two secret compartments; one housing several firearms of Naruni or Northern Gun design, and the other has a secured lockbox. She picks up radio signals from both above and below her, though what she picks up below is little more than static but she is positive there is a signal coming from below, with Max's signal being above her. Touching the controls of the APC, she gets the impression that the operator was a selfish, to moderately good female who was confused. Images flash of an armored woman looking down at a sensor mid flight. Next shows them landed on the ground, several grinning faces. The alcove, followed be apprehension. Mink suddenly sees a flash of red lights amid darkness and the impression of fear before her reading fades. When Mink steps outside, one thing she hadn't noticed before but does now is how quiet everything is. If it weren't for Max's helicopter up above, this land would be silent, no animals, no movement of any kind in the area. Something is extremely off-putting about this area and while she doesn't see any immediate dangers, Mink can't help but look over her shoulder as she exits the APC. The feeling of being watched is putting the operative on edge, even though she has no proof.

Naliyah watches Mink perform her investigation of the APC with heightened senses and a measure of unease. This wildness is unlike anything the Shing has experienced up til now. Though unfamiliar with the lands of this planet, she is familiar with wilderness and something is off, but she can't put her paw on it. Still uneased from the seeming interference she felt from the alcove and the utter stillness of the area, she resigns to wait, radioing Mink quietly as she exits the APC.

What are you doing?
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC: 1d100 = 82


"Copy that Max, we are moving inbound at top speed but we may have company."
Ecks responds.
"Affirmative, Troops on the ground have a fix on our missing personnel. He is in a bunker or a tunnel. Do you recommend we pursue or wait your arrival. I also must tell you the terrain between us and you is blocked by some water filled ravines. It may not be safe to cross. I can assist if needed. If your being followed. I can help with that too. All of gods creatures may need rail gun slugs to see them to the promised land."

Max continues to circle until he gets a response. His contingency is to air lift any vehicle the sky wolf can pick up to carry them over the bad terrain.
Radio to the girls on the ground
"Ecks says they are close. I may have to pick them up over a stream. Keep yourselves thinking good thoughts until then. Amen"
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest