Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:30 pm

Perception: 68%(93% if it involves magic or the supernatural due to lore rolls)/1d100 = 98 - FAIL or PASS! depending
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 16
Sense of balance 100%/1d100 = 84 - Slidng with style and some grace - PASS!
Pilot Jet Packs 82%/1d100 = 26 - Soft Landing - PASS!
Tracking: People 70%/1d100 = 31 - how many left here? Who killed these men? - PASS!
History: Pre-Rifts 50% (or 42%)/1d100 = 13 - Does this place have any familiar pre-rifts markings? Any logos or labels on the control pad. I have flood lights on my suit if needed beyond the Globe of Daylight. - PASS!
Lore - Magic (General Knowledge) 75%/1d100 = 13 - How could magic be inhibited but not negated by a purely technological means? - PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 80%/1d100 = 58 - Are there monsters that could approximate what we are feeling? Specifically monsters that are also adept at using technology? Maybe the splugorth or one of their monstrous allies? - PASS!
Detect Ambush 65%/1d100 = 31 - Looking for things that might start shooting or otherwise harm us. - PASS!
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Sixth Sense
Active Effects: See the Invisible

Cursing as she falls, Mink easily controls her descent. An experienced free runner and pilot, the slide and landing prove no issue for her, and her landing is relatively soft, despite the weight of her power armor. She is not as graceful as she could be, but given the circumstances, she'd not have been given down marks for her performance in a free running contest. Still, this was anything but a light-hearted race. Victor's form, and that of the other two mercenaries made her heart skip a beat. "That one," she points at the one she'd seen in her vision, "is from that crew of that APC up top. Same I'd assume for his buddy." She turns her attention to her camera drones above and frowns looking at the situation. "So looks like that was a bio-sign scanner that landed us down here. I'm going to put my drones on the ground up there, turn on their motion sensors and turn off everything else to conserve their battery life. No telling how long we'll be able to keep signal to them." She guides the drones to a safe landing spot away from the trap and does what she said she would.

When asked about psychic interference, Mink chimes in. "None I've felt, but I'm no where near as sensitive as Briana. If it helps, I'm not sensing any immediate danger and while surprising, that trap didn't seem deadly enough to trigger my combat alertness. Oh, and I saw a triggering mechanism on that trap, so we should be able to bypass it, if we can't walk him out the other side. If he's not seriously hurt, let's at least straighten him up and get his PA into a comfortable locked position in case he wakes up. I'll connect to his suit and record a message as well, once Sel is done."

As Nali stalks the hallway in the astral, and after someone has confirmed Victor isn't bleeding out in the suit, Mink helps get Victor to a standing position (not slumped over) and locks the power armor in a rest position. She also sends a recorded message to him in case he wakes up, telling him what has happened so far. She doesn't like leaving him behind, and tells him so, but she also reminds him they have to find a way out. She tells him who the dead bodies are and tells him how to proceed. She then spends time looking arounjd for more information.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:00:00 (15 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with no ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced


After tumbling down, Ecks rushes to Victor's side with Sel, Max and Bri. Unfortunately, without removing the armor, Ecks is unable to tell if Victor is alive however he notes no significant damage on the power armor, so odds are he is just unconscious within. Max tumbles hard, but manages to land on his feet thanks to his natural abilities and upon seeing the room and its occupants, cannot help but uttering a prayer as he approaches Victor. Max doesn't find anything of immediate note, the armor seems scuffed but otherwise undamaged.

Sel points out an obvious irony behind the computer's voice as she thinks back on Bri's mind storms from before as the floor collapses and thanks to her suit's magnetic system, she is able to slow her descent. At the bottom, she resigns to Activating another Globe of Daylight, the room is illuminated and much more can be seen. She moves with Max to check up on Victor and, like the Battlecat, only notes minor scuffs on the PA and no sign of actual damage. Looking at the other two bodies in either corner of the room, they seem no more than hours old, the blood is still wet.

Bri immediately queues the radio to try and reach Quinn but is met with only static on the radio with no discernible response. She follows Ecks, Sel and Max as they check on Victor, who seems still sealed in his suit.

Moving to the other two bodies as Max and Bri remain by Victor's side, Ecks is able to tell that they are no more than twelve hours old, and probably half that. While searching, he does find a pair of Widow-Maker Naruni weapons, and one of them has a Spitfire Naruni Assault Rifle. There is also a complicated wrist-like computer on one of the deceased, splashed with blood. Each one seems to be wearing a type of EBA, though they are shredded beyond worth and neither has anything else of worth. The wrist-computer being one of the most unusual things on the deceased, he grabs that (Ecks can also take the weapons).

Naliyah takes the fall more gracefully than the others and lands squarely, and quietly, on her paws. The comment from Bri makes Naliyah wonder about magic because it is very obvious that Sel's Globe of Daylight works as she casts another one before them, though the headache is still there. Leaving the others to check on Victor, she approaches the ajar door and peers out into the shadows. The ambient light from the Globe makes it simple enough to tell that the immediate hallway veers to their right and goes down a ways. Looking around the room, Naliyah's nose does pick up the thick scent of blood which carries further down the hallway. She also does notice a partially concealed or unobtrusive black orb in the corner of the ceiling likely denoting a camera, but she cannot tell if it is on. She then is hit with the idea of Astrally projecting to do some reconnaissance.

Mink falls the most gracefully of the entire team, her tumble near perfect as she lands, albeit a little louder than Naliyah. Taking note of the surroundings, she relays what she knows to the team. She's not felt any psionic resistance, as she sets the drones up above on motion sensors and then turns off everything else. Thinking on where they are, she knows this place was likely built post-cataclysm but also decades ago, which is odd considering nothing is supposed to be out here, nothing technological anyways. She can think of a myriad of potential supernatural threats, but none of her supernaturally akin allies have senses anything to support any determination. More than likely, this is not a magical or demonic-type facility. Though, the lacerations on the deceased resemble large claw or bladed weapons being used with great force.

Moving past that, taking in their situation, Ecks examines the only other door in the room and finds it slightly open, big enough for a medium power-armor to fit through, leading into darkness. There is a keypad by the door that seems to be decades old, but of advanced design, and without power.

After receiving a confirmation from Ecks, Naliyah goes ahead with her idea of Astral Projection. It takes her twelve minutes of preparation to do so, during which time, Sel, Max, Bri and Mink are able to move and properly position Victor's PA and Mink is able to record a message for him. During this preparation time, everyone else searches the room in a sort of barricading-sense and hunkers down as Naliyah ascends to the astral realm and scouts ahead. Mink doesn't note any concealed weapon systems in the area. Any attempt to remove Victor's helmet and/or medically check on Victor would reveal he has sustained minor injuries likely sustained from the tumbling, to include a mild concussion, and is unconscious.

As Naliyah enters the Astral Realm, those with psionic senses can feel or see her presence as she moves down the hallway. Turning right, she sees the Hallway go for another thirty or so feet before t-ing off at an angle with a sealed door headed south and the hallway veering off in the north, also with a sealed door at the end.

Map
Facility Map Section 1.png


What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -4PPE, Globe of Daylight
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P.
    Naliyah: Astral Projection (27 Min remaining)
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 99

Max can only pray for his hurt friend and the dead in the small space he has found himself. He looks at the dead men who came before them. He looks at their weapons with greed, but admits to himself that he would not know what to do with them and moves on.
"Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy loving kindness and thy truth continually preserve me."
Max admits he doesn't know the last rites but does what he can. I'm sure the Lord will understand He then turns his attention to more pressing matters. Saving his own soul. How do I get out of this one Lord.
He looks around the door and the rest of the area while he waits for Naliyah to finish her heathen ghost magic.
I'll forgive her, shes cute. And it may help us out of here.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1d100 = 23/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 3 CRIT success
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17

Conditions (at end of post): Ectoplasm (Vapor): 24:00




After a good 25 or so minutes, Naliyah's Astral form returns to the rest of the group and she returns to her mortal body. With a sudden sharp intake of breath, she opens her eyes, shakes the cobwebs clear from her mind, and relays to the group what she discovered:

"There's a passage going in the north direction, and one going in the south direction.

The passage going north has a circular room with a large computer in it and a door leading north. It appears to be unoccupied. The passage to the south leads to a large, unoccupied room with several platforms. On the platforms, there appear to be several sealed cylinders approximately 10' high and 6' diameter, and they look to be self-contained. Some of the cylinders look to be broken - I would guess forcibly, but I can't say for certain. This room also as a door going south, and a large steel vault-like door to the east. I passed through the vault-like door to the east, and on the other side of it, there was a large, unoccupied development room with two cylinders next to a large computer. These cylinders were about twice as large as the ones in the room prior, and there were also what looked like sealed vats near the north part of the room. I saw several black orbs that might be cameras, but it did not appear anything in the room had power. Now, there were also doors to the south and to the east here, but what caught my eye was a blood trail leading toward the eastern door - so I followed the trail.

Here, there was what appeared to be a tight passageway or very narrow corridor leading to another door. There were signs on both sides of this corridor of turret-style weapons that could come out and target either door. After passing through this, the next room contained four husk like figures wandering around in the darkness somewhat aimlessly. They had very long, sharp, blade-like weapons coming out of their forearms - possibly some kind of cyborg - that were dragging on the ground, and they were hunched over. They were definitely not supernatural in nature, and the had the size and shape of humanoids in other respects, and while, for all intents and purposes, they had long metal swords coming out of their forearms, the rest of them did not appear to be metallic in nature. In the center of the room, there was a body cut to ribbons that was wearing what appeared to be, before it was shredded along with the occupant, the same sort of equipment and armor/uniform as the one Mink identified previously right here."


She points a paw at the corpse in the room, and then continues: "The blood trail went to the north door here, so I, once again, followed it. The door has several lacerations on it - perhaps from the blades on the humanoids' arms. Behind that door is another room with a door to the north, and what looks like 3 survivors of the same group. One of them is pretty torn up and probably close to death; a second is tending to the wounded one, and a third has a large, assault-style weapon and is covering the doors. I'm thinking it looks like the blood trails were from these men; one of them was cut to ribbons in a room and the others retreated north and are, more or less, barricaded in the room watching the doors while another slowly bleeds out. It was hard to see much more detail, given it was quite dark and there was hardly any ambient light. One of the guys was crouching near a computer that had some blinking lights. I was able to make out what looked like some kind of boot screen. As you guys probably know, I'm no computer whiz, for obvious reasons, but that's what it looked like to me. At this point, my time was starting to run short, so I returned back to the first fork and took the northern path to see what was on that side.

The room there looks like a big generator room with 10 more of those husk-like figures shambling about. From that room, there is a door to the south, which, judging by the distance traveled, appears to be the other door the merc with the assault weapon was guarding - the one to the north of them, which was south to me at this point - meaning i was on the other side of it. This room also had two very large vault doors leading to the west, with large red marks on them - some kind of warning, it looked like to me. At this point, I was running low on time, so I came back to here, where I'm relaying this all to you guys now."


She takes a deep breath. "Does anyone have any writing utensils and paper? I could draw a crude map if you like..." she offers. (OOC: presuming someone offers something that Nali can draw with and something to draw it on)

She will activate her Ectoplasmic vapor, and draw a crude map of what she found.

Nali's Map

"I think we need to move quickly if we are going to try to save those 3 mercs. One of them looked pretty bad..." she says, looking at Ecks.

She will look at Victor. "If it looks like he won't be coming to anytime soon, I can place him in a light force field bubble for a while. It's not designed to shield someone in a serious way, more as a sheltering force - but it is minor mega-damage force, lasts for hours, and will keep any wandering animals or insects out. Let me know if you think that would be helpful..." she says to Ecks and the others, unsure of Victor's status.

Would have been better if he hadn't run off as a Lone Wolf at all, but... at least he didn't run into those sword-arm guys... she thinks while looking at the maverick Slammer.

If Ecks and the others agree, Nali will cast Sheltering Force on Victor.




Ectoplasm (just the vapor version is copied here for convenience)
Range: 40 feet +5 feet per level of experience.
Duration: 4 minutes (16 melees) per level of experience.
I.S.P. (Vapor): 6

This mystifying ability enables the psychic to create a slightly luminous, vapor-like substance that is exuded from the pores. The ectoplasm has two forms : an invisible vapor and a luminous, solid state.

The vapor is a sort of floating, probing finger that can snuff out candles, open doors, knock over or pick up small objects (weighing under 9 ounces/255 grams), tap somebody on the shoulder, rustle leaves and knock on a door. The Ectoplasmic vapor can be seen only by its creator, psychics and supernatural beings who can see the invisible, or with infrared optic systems (including infrared camera lenses, infrared gun sights, binoculars, etc.). Ectoplasm, although an invisible vapor, has physical properties, which means it can not go through walls or solid objects. Thus, a person walking into an ectoplasm stream may feel a slight sensation, like walking into a spider' s web or brushing against a cotton ball. Often a person will unwittingly walk into and snag the stream of floating ectoplasm, pulling or stretching it along without being aware of it. In such cases, the psychic must maneuver the snagged portion to loop around the human obstruction. The creator of the vapor can control the full length of the vaporous stream like a floating tentacle. Although the vapor can not go through solid objects it can slip through keyholes, cracks under doors or loose seals around a window. If a breeze can blow through, so can ectoplasm. The only drawback is that the psychic must be able to see the ectoplasm to maneuver it.


Sheltering Force
Range: Around self, or up to 20 feet away.
Duration: One hour per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
P.P.E.: Twenty
The Sheltering Force is essentially a light force field that appears as a semi-opaque (can see figures, outlines and blurred colors, but not faces or details), bluish-white dome. The "shelter" can be small enough to accommodate two people or big enough to accommodate six (eight cramped). In either case, it resembles a dome shaped tent made of semi-opaque plastic. It is dry inside and maintains a temperature that is 10 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than outside in hot weather and 10 degrees warmer in cool weather. It will hold smoke in, so any campfire must be made outside. The magical shelter keeps rain and insects out, but animals, people, 'bots and spirits can come and go as they please, much like a real tent. Furthermore, if attacked, the Sheltering Force will only stop 1d6 M.D. per each attack blast/arrow/whatever, with the remaining damage penetrating the force field and possibly hitting those inside the shelter.
The semi-opaque nature of the force field means that those attacking from outside can not get a clear shot and are -3 to strike, but they can see shapes and shadows inside to shoot at.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 63/1d20 = 2
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Globe of Daylight (6 minutes remaining), Impervious to Horror Factor (5 minutes remaining)

When Nali requests some paper and a pen or pencil, Sel unslings her backpack and says "I got you. A girl's always gotta be prepared, after all!" as she sets the requested items on the ground. As Nali draws out the map, Sel says "Ok, so it looks like the northern route is the more direct approach, but also has significantly more enemies, not to mention the enigma of the doors. The other route is longer, fewer enemies, but no apparent way out of either. So it would seem we would still wind up having to go to the north, although it might be worth going through the southern way to see if we can spot anything Nali might have either missed or couldn't detect because be being astral. I'm honestly not sure how a air vent would appear from the astral side. Also, just because these enemies are dragging around blades of some sort, because Nali doesn't believe them to be organic creatures, they very well could have hidden or built in energy weapons. I might have an idea, however. Nali, did you happen to notice any flammable materials in either direction? Here's my thoughts, I cast a spell to make us immune to fire and another to blend in with our surroundings. That spell works well against thermal optics in which case the spell only works if our surface temperature is within a few degrees ambient temperature. So I am thinking if we are on fire while the room is also burning, we can get through undetected, and as a plus the room being on fire will act as a distraction to what ever is in there. I know, it's a crazy plan, so lets here a better one. Also, what assets does Victor have that we might be able to utilize?"
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 9

Electrical Engineer: 1d100 = 82/113% (determining what actually has power in here)

Ecks is surprised with Nali's report. The south might be longer, but a prolonged engagement would likely eat up any time savings we had. Let's move to the south. Minkowski, Max and myself can lead in. Maybe give you gifted people a chance to work your magic if things go sideways." he says, adding Bri's psionics in as magic.

With that he moves towards the hallway to the south. Moving quickly and quietly as may be, he moves into the room with the platforms.

Looking around he looks for any signs of power. "I know it doesn't look like anything has power, but we already know we've been dropped in here and somehow that crew has made it through. Give me just a moment. Let's keep clear of those pods. They don't look like a good time. Minkowski, Max, can you check the vault door? Brianna, Sel and Nali. And of you able to get us past wall without using the actual door?"

Ecks gets out his multi meter and passes it near the computer to see if any voltage is detected. If it turns out there really isn't any power, he, will inform the others. If there is power, he warns the rest, "There's power here, this whole thing might be a trap."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 pm

(Rolls Held)

Ecks wrote:Ecks is surprised with Nali's report. The south might be longer, but a prolonged engagement would likely eat up any time savings we had. Let's move to the south. Minkowski, Max and myself can lead in. Maybe give you gifted people a chance to work your magic if things go sideways." he says, adding Bri's psionics in as magic.


"A longer engagement, only if we can't sneak past them somehow. I have a spell that will mask our sound, but it will also prevent us from communicating while we are within the sphere. Actually, now that I think about it, I do have a spell that will hide us in a sphere of darkness but we can see perfectly well out of it. The only problem with it is that infrared and thermal optics can still see in, just not as well as normal. Now I wish I knew if these enemies had those abilities, but they presumably would if they are as in the dark as we were when we first fell down here. The problem is that if we can find some other way out along the southern route, the northern way looks to be our only way out. Sir, I realize I may be constantly talking the northern route, but it only because it is the most obvious way out. I just want you to know I'm no more thrilled about the prospect of facing ten of what ever they are as opposed to the four in the south." Sel says in response to Ecks.


Ecks wrote:Looking around he looks for any signs of power. "I know it doesn't look like anything has power, but we already know we've been dropped in here and somehow that crew has made it through. Give me just a moment. Let's keep clear of those pods. They don't look like a good time. Minkowski, Max, can you check the vault door? Brianna, Sel and Nali. And of you able to get us past wall without using the actual door?"


"I'm sorry, I don't have any psychic ability or personally know any spell that might let us get around the door. Is there a spell that could do it? Probably. I would need to commune with my goddess, see if she would be willing to grant me knowledge of it to aid us." Sel says. As she begins to clear her mind to begin praying to Isis, her headache lingers, causing her thoughts to wonder about its cause when she has the thought that her headache isn't being caused by interference to magic in general but teleportation/transportation magic specifically. "Hey boss, I think I have figured out what's causing some of us to have headaches. I believe that something is interfering with teleportation/transportation type spells, so even if one of us knew a spell to bypass the wall without using the door, I don't think we would be able to cast those spells. Think of it like a anti-magic field that target's a specific type of spell.

Ecks wrote:Ecks gets out his multi meter and passes it near the computer to see if any voltage is detected. If it turns out there really isn't any power, he, will inform the others. If there is power, he warns the rest, "There's power here, this whole thing might be a trap."


"Might? I think we're well past might there boss. The real question is to what end? As a honey trap to lure in prey, or as a way to deal with troublesome intruders?" Sel asks.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 121/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 9

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)

Brianna starts to get out the paper from her knapsack, but stops when Sel gets some out first. She listens carefully as Naliyah tells the group what she had seen when she had astral projected. Seems like we're not the only ones to get snared in this trap. Brianna thinks to her weapons. She's a bit alarmed at Sel's plan of setting them on all on fire, despite her assurances that there's a spell that would keep them from actually being burned.

”Brianna, Sel and Nali. And of you able to get us past wall without using the actual door?"


Brianna shrugs. "I don't have any psychic abilities to get through walls. I have some skills picking locks and opening safe doors, but that wouldn't help us get through a wall.”

If Ecks and the others agree, Nali will cast Sheltering Force on Victor.


Brianna nods at Naliyah. ”That's a good idea.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:08 am

((rolls carried))

Ecks nods at Nali's suggestion of magical protection. Though he is disappointed about the news of transportation magic not being usable.

Selenidaria wrote:(Rolls Held)
"Might? I think we're well past might there boss. The real question is to what end? As a honey trap to lure in prey, or as a way to deal with troublesome intruders?" Sel asks.


"Three possibilities. A trap, which would indicate that someone is actively trying to take us. Or it could simply be defenses and we are all just being stubborn. Or it's secretly Max's birthday and some of his friends are orchestrating an elaborate surprise party. If so, probably best surprise party ever. Personally hoping for the latter unless the cake has fondant. I'd rather face the death pods."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 96

Max listens to Naliyahs description intently. I'm gonna forget this But rescue is the reason for them being there and people need help. Max is ready to fight. He stops to listen to Sel's plan.
I know, it's a crazy plan, so lets here a better one. Also, what assets does Victor have that we might be able to utilize?"

OO yes, Vic likes grenades. I like grenades. He rummages through Victors belongings looking for explosives.
"Crazy plan? I like crazy plans. Just dont singe my hair off, I would look weird as a hairless."

Ecks lays out the order of movement
The south might be longer, but a prolonged engagement would likely eat up any time savings we had. Let's move to the south. Minkowski, Max and myself can lead in. Maybe give you gifted people a chance to work your magic if things go sideways."


He readies everything he can salvage and slips through the opening at the door and turns to Mink. "Lets go sugar " He says in a hushed tone. "The Lord wont let me go before its my time. I'll go first, Just get my back."
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Perception: 68%/1d100 = 63 Success
JIC: 1d20 = 8,1d100 = 26
Detect Ambush 65%/1d100 = 86 - looking for cameras or pop out turrets, or arm bladed freaks FAIL
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 3 - Looking for anything, including any frequencies normally used by detection systems Critical Success!
Electronic Countermeasures 85%/1d100 = 75 - jam any detection frequencies (radar, etc) I find, but only once any combat happens. Success
Detect Concealment 45%/1d100 = 55 - looking for secret doors, traps, or sensors FAIL
Intelligence 82%/1d100 = 79 - interpret what I see FAIL
Prowl 75%/1d100 = 1 - Be very very quiet, while moving as fast as possible, we're hunting husks Critical Success!

Mink listens closely while Nali make her report, paying close attention and making notes on her computer. When she draws the crude map, Mink photographs it and overlays her notes on it on her computer. As the others make plans, search for extra gear, and otherwise prepare, Mink cycles her power armor open, revealing several medallions around her neck. She touches several and whispers something, activating several of them. "Incidentally, I won't easily show up on sensors right now. So your gear is working right if you lose sight of me. Just use your Mark One Eyeball if you need to be certain."

When Max speaks up as she is buttoning up her suit, she smiles. "I'll take point, but you can be my backup. Deal?" She moves to head out the door and to the south, as planned. She has her wrist mounted blaster and blade at the ready.

Invisibility to Sensors
* Cannot be detected by high-technological devices or alarms.
* Organic beings using technology can save vs magic to see with natural vision
Duration: 10 minutes
Book Reference: p.150, BoM
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:30:00 (30 minutes have passed total; only 5 since Nali's report); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with no ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced


Everyone loiters around the room while Naliyah scouts and upon returning, offers her report nearly a half hour later. During the elapsed time, several members of the group heard various sounds echoing in the facility through air ducts or down corridors but luckily, it seems that while they were indeed intentionally dropped, it did not notify what was below.

Sel provides Naliyah with a pen/paper, Naliyah creates an extoplasmic greenish hand and then draws them the map. The crew spends some time formulating a plan to get to the three mercs that are quite obviously pinned down and in need of aid. Bri looks to Naliyah and agrees with her idea of adding a Sheltering Force for Victor, so the magical shing does so as the rest of the crew slowly make their way out into the hall.

Ecks lays out a crude marching order, with himself, Max and Mink going first. Mink moves first, after activating a medallion that makes her vanish from technological sensors, with a practiced effort to be quiet that is impressive.

Rounding the corner and heading south in a rough, stacked up line, Mink reaches the first door leading south and find that it is not locked. A simple button on the right side of the door prompts it to slide open. As it opens, it reveals a large room with a computer on one end of it, two small work-like stations in the southern end and four rows of large cylinders that are each easily ten feet tall with spidered wiring into the roof; Several of them are broken as Naliyah described. There is a small amount of ambient light from the computer terminals which, while inactive, do appear to have power.

The rest of the team slowly filters in and begins to fan out into the room. As Ecks crosses the threshold of the center of the room, the door behind them slams shut and what little ambient light in the room is flooded with hazard lights and an alert. "Quarantine is breached.". Bri, Mink, Max, and Nali all feel the hairs on the back of their respective necks stand, alerting them to an immediate threat to their lives. Max, Nali and Bri are also able to tell that this voice is the same voice as the one they heard right before tumbling down from the entrance.

The Hazard Lights suddenly drop off completely and there is a pitch blackness in the room as everyone in the group hears several loud crashes. Max is the only one with an innate ability to see in the dark, and his sight shows him several of the cylinders that were not broken moments ago are now shattered and there seem to be things moving in between the other cylinders. The group suddenly hears a loud, ear-wrenching screech from their collective left. (right on the map)

Combat; Round One

Map
AAPS Movement 1.png


What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -4PPE, Globe of Daylight
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P.
    Naliyah:
Image
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22/85%
JIC:1d20 = 18/1d100 = 30
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 12

Ecks was getting ready to get out his multimeter, but as the lights go out and the sound of crashing and screeching fills their ears, he sings a refrain of "Haaaaappy birthday to youuuuu..." in the pitch black. Good thing I've got flares... in the robot. he thinks to himself angrily.

Counting on Sel to provide light, he brings his rifle up and looks for one of the things, whatever they are. "Need some light up here!" As soon as he can see, he will fire on the creatures. Sizzles of high energy blasts echo in the room in rapid succession.

APM:9
Action 1: Wait for light
Action 2: Fire JA12 at nearest creature 1d20+7 = 17, 1d6*10 = 30+10=40
Action 3: Fire JA12 1d20+7 = 27, 1d6*10 = 30+10=40*2= 80 CRIT!
Action 4: Fire JA12 1d20+7 = 19, 1d6*10 = 40+10=50
Action 5: Fire JA121d20+7 = 17, 1d6*10 = 50+10=60
Action 6: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 20
Action 7: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 20
Action 8: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 10
Action 9: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 23

Parry as Needed: 1d20+7 = 22,1d20+7 = 8,1d20+7 = 18,1d20+7 = 20,1d20+7 = 20,1d20+7 = 15,1d20+7 = 18,1d20+7 = 24,1d20+7 = 20,1d20+7 = 15,
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 2
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
APM: 6

Lore: Demons/Monsters 1d100 = 65, 1d100 = 2 (77%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 21 minutes
Mesi's PPE 88/90 remaining

Brianna whirls around in surprise when the door to the room slams shut and the hazard lights and an alert comes on. ”Oh this is definitely going to be bad.” Brianna remarks out loud as she feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She can't help but jump a little in fear at the ear wrenching sound from the left. What in the hell is that?

When Ecks calls out for light, Brianna figures she can help Sel out by using Mesi and wastes no time in casting a globe of daylight and moving it to where Ecks indicated. Assuming they can see what made the noise, Brianna tries to figure out what these creatures are and what the best way to defeat them is. She thinks to Mesi and Maia. You two have any idea of what these things are?

Actions
1. whirls around in surprise and reacts to what is going on
2. casts globe of daylight wth Mesi to help Ecks (PPE: 2)
3. moves globe over to where Ecks indicated (to the left)
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+4 = 10
5. tries to identify creatures, asking M&M telepathically
6. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+4 = 23

Auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 9
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests