Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:30 pm

Perception: 68%(93% if it involves magic or the supernatural due to lore rolls)/1d100 = 98 - FAIL or PASS! depending
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 16
Sense of balance 100%/1d100 = 84 - Slidng with style and some grace - PASS!
Pilot Jet Packs 82%/1d100 = 26 - Soft Landing - PASS!
Tracking: People 70%/1d100 = 31 - how many left here? Who killed these men? - PASS!
History: Pre-Rifts 50% (or 42%)/1d100 = 13 - Does this place have any familiar pre-rifts markings? Any logos or labels on the control pad. I have flood lights on my suit if needed beyond the Globe of Daylight. - PASS!
Lore - Magic (General Knowledge) 75%/1d100 = 13 - How could magic be inhibited but not negated by a purely technological means? - PASS!
Lore: Demons & Monsters 80%/1d100 = 58 - Are there monsters that could approximate what we are feeling? Specifically monsters that are also adept at using technology? Maybe the splugorth or one of their monstrous allies? - PASS!
Detect Ambush 65%/1d100 = 31 - Looking for things that might start shooting or otherwise harm us. - PASS!
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense, Sixth Sense
Active Effects: See the Invisible

Cursing as she falls, Mink easily controls her descent. An experienced free runner and pilot, the slide and landing prove no issue for her, and her landing is relatively soft, despite the weight of her power armor. She is not as graceful as she could be, but given the circumstances, she'd not have been given down marks for her performance in a free running contest. Still, this was anything but a light-hearted race. Victor's form, and that of the other two mercenaries made her heart skip a beat. "That one," she points at the one she'd seen in her vision, "is from that crew of that APC up top. Same I'd assume for his buddy." She turns her attention to her camera drones above and frowns looking at the situation. "So looks like that was a bio-sign scanner that landed us down here. I'm going to put my drones on the ground up there, turn on their motion sensors and turn off everything else to conserve their battery life. No telling how long we'll be able to keep signal to them." She guides the drones to a safe landing spot away from the trap and does what she said she would.

When asked about psychic interference, Mink chimes in. "None I've felt, but I'm no where near as sensitive as Briana. If it helps, I'm not sensing any immediate danger and while surprising, that trap didn't seem deadly enough to trigger my combat alertness. Oh, and I saw a triggering mechanism on that trap, so we should be able to bypass it, if we can't walk him out the other side. If he's not seriously hurt, let's at least straighten him up and get his PA into a comfortable locked position in case he wakes up. I'll connect to his suit and record a message as well, once Sel is done."

As Nali stalks the hallway in the astral, and after someone has confirmed Victor isn't bleeding out in the suit, Mink helps get Victor to a standing position (not slumped over) and locks the power armor in a rest position. She also sends a recorded message to him in case he wakes up, telling him what has happened so far. She doesn't like leaving him behind, and tells him so, but she also reminds him they have to find a way out. She tells him who the dead bodies are and tells him how to proceed. She then spends time looking arounjd for more information.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:00:00 (15 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with no ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced


After tumbling down, Ecks rushes to Victor's side with Sel, Max and Bri. Unfortunately, without removing the armor, Ecks is unable to tell if Victor is alive however he notes no significant damage on the power armor, so odds are he is just unconscious within. Max tumbles hard, but manages to land on his feet thanks to his natural abilities and upon seeing the room and its occupants, cannot help but uttering a prayer as he approaches Victor. Max doesn't find anything of immediate note, the armor seems scuffed but otherwise undamaged.

Sel points out an obvious irony behind the computer's voice as she thinks back on Bri's mind storms from before as the floor collapses and thanks to her suit's magnetic system, she is able to slow her descent. At the bottom, she resigns to Activating another Globe of Daylight, the room is illuminated and much more can be seen. She moves with Max to check up on Victor and, like the Battlecat, only notes minor scuffs on the PA and no sign of actual damage. Looking at the other two bodies in either corner of the room, they seem no more than hours old, the blood is still wet.

Bri immediately queues the radio to try and reach Quinn but is met with only static on the radio with no discernible response. She follows Ecks, Sel and Max as they check on Victor, who seems still sealed in his suit.

Moving to the other two bodies as Max and Bri remain by Victor's side, Ecks is able to tell that they are no more than twelve hours old, and probably half that. While searching, he does find a pair of Widow-Maker Naruni weapons, and one of them has a Spitfire Naruni Assault Rifle. There is also a complicated wrist-like computer on one of the deceased, splashed with blood. Each one seems to be wearing a type of EBA, though they are shredded beyond worth and neither has anything else of worth. The wrist-computer being one of the most unusual things on the deceased, he grabs that (Ecks can also take the weapons).

Naliyah takes the fall more gracefully than the others and lands squarely, and quietly, on her paws. The comment from Bri makes Naliyah wonder about magic because it is very obvious that Sel's Globe of Daylight works as she casts another one before them, though the headache is still there. Leaving the others to check on Victor, she approaches the ajar door and peers out into the shadows. The ambient light from the Globe makes it simple enough to tell that the immediate hallway veers to their right and goes down a ways. Looking around the room, Naliyah's nose does pick up the thick scent of blood which carries further down the hallway. She also does notice a partially concealed or unobtrusive black orb in the corner of the ceiling likely denoting a camera, but she cannot tell if it is on. She then is hit with the idea of Astrally projecting to do some reconnaissance.

Mink falls the most gracefully of the entire team, her tumble near perfect as she lands, albeit a little louder than Naliyah. Taking note of the surroundings, she relays what she knows to the team. She's not felt any psionic resistance, as she sets the drones up above on motion sensors and then turns off everything else. Thinking on where they are, she knows this place was likely built post-cataclysm but also decades ago, which is odd considering nothing is supposed to be out here, nothing technological anyways. She can think of a myriad of potential supernatural threats, but none of her supernaturally akin allies have senses anything to support any determination. More than likely, this is not a magical or demonic-type facility. Though, the lacerations on the deceased resemble large claw or bladed weapons being used with great force.

Moving past that, taking in their situation, Ecks examines the only other door in the room and finds it slightly open, big enough for a medium power-armor to fit through, leading into darkness. There is a keypad by the door that seems to be decades old, but of advanced design, and without power.

After receiving a confirmation from Ecks, Naliyah goes ahead with her idea of Astral Projection. It takes her twelve minutes of preparation to do so, during which time, Sel, Max, Bri and Mink are able to move and properly position Victor's PA and Mink is able to record a message for him. During this preparation time, everyone else searches the room in a sort of barricading-sense and hunkers down as Naliyah ascends to the astral realm and scouts ahead. Mink doesn't note any concealed weapon systems in the area. Any attempt to remove Victor's helmet and/or medically check on Victor would reveal he has sustained minor injuries likely sustained from the tumbling, to include a mild concussion, and is unconscious.

As Naliyah enters the Astral Realm, those with psionic senses can feel or see her presence as she moves down the hallway. Turning right, she sees the Hallway go for another thirty or so feet before t-ing off at an angle with a sealed door headed south and the hallway veering off in the north, also with a sealed door at the end.

Map
Facility Map Section 1.png


What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -4PPE, Globe of Daylight
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P.
    Naliyah: Astral Projection (27 Min remaining)
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 28
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC: 1d100 = 99

Max can only pray for his hurt friend and the dead in the small space he has found himself. He looks at the dead men who came before them. He looks at their weapons with greed, but admits to himself that he would not know what to do with them and moves on.
"Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy loving kindness and thy truth continually preserve me."
Max admits he doesn't know the last rites but does what he can. I'm sure the Lord will understand He then turns his attention to more pressing matters. Saving his own soul. How do I get out of this one Lord.
He looks around the door and the rest of the area while he waits for Naliyah to finish her heathen ghost magic.
I'll forgive her, shes cute. And it may help us out of here.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1d100 = 23/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 3 CRIT success
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17

Conditions (at end of post): Ectoplasm (Vapor): 24:00




After a good 25 or so minutes, Naliyah's Astral form returns to the rest of the group and she returns to her mortal body. With a sudden sharp intake of breath, she opens her eyes, shakes the cobwebs clear from her mind, and relays to the group what she discovered:

"There's a passage going in the north direction, and one going in the south direction.

The passage going north has a circular room with a large computer in it and a door leading north. It appears to be unoccupied. The passage to the south leads to a large, unoccupied room with several platforms. On the platforms, there appear to be several sealed cylinders approximately 10' high and 6' diameter, and they look to be self-contained. Some of the cylinders look to be broken - I would guess forcibly, but I can't say for certain. This room also as a door going south, and a large steel vault-like door to the east. I passed through the vault-like door to the east, and on the other side of it, there was a large, unoccupied development room with two cylinders next to a large computer. These cylinders were about twice as large as the ones in the room prior, and there were also what looked like sealed vats near the north part of the room. I saw several black orbs that might be cameras, but it did not appear anything in the room had power. Now, there were also doors to the south and to the east here, but what caught my eye was a blood trail leading toward the eastern door - so I followed the trail.

Here, there was what appeared to be a tight passageway or very narrow corridor leading to another door. There were signs on both sides of this corridor of turret-style weapons that could come out and target either door. After passing through this, the next room contained four husk like figures wandering around in the darkness somewhat aimlessly. They had very long, sharp, blade-like weapons coming out of their forearms - possibly some kind of cyborg - that were dragging on the ground, and they were hunched over. They were definitely not supernatural in nature, and the had the size and shape of humanoids in other respects, and while, for all intents and purposes, they had long metal swords coming out of their forearms, the rest of them did not appear to be metallic in nature. In the center of the room, there was a body cut to ribbons that was wearing what appeared to be, before it was shredded along with the occupant, the same sort of equipment and armor/uniform as the one Mink identified previously right here."


She points a paw at the corpse in the room, and then continues: "The blood trail went to the north door here, so I, once again, followed it. The door has several lacerations on it - perhaps from the blades on the humanoids' arms. Behind that door is another room with a door to the north, and what looks like 3 survivors of the same group. One of them is pretty torn up and probably close to death; a second is tending to the wounded one, and a third has a large, assault-style weapon and is covering the doors. I'm thinking it looks like the blood trails were from these men; one of them was cut to ribbons in a room and the others retreated north and are, more or less, barricaded in the room watching the doors while another slowly bleeds out. It was hard to see much more detail, given it was quite dark and there was hardly any ambient light. One of the guys was crouching near a computer that had some blinking lights. I was able to make out what looked like some kind of boot screen. As you guys probably know, I'm no computer whiz, for obvious reasons, but that's what it looked like to me. At this point, my time was starting to run short, so I returned back to the first fork and took the northern path to see what was on that side.

The room there looks like a big generator room with 10 more of those husk-like figures shambling about. From that room, there is a door to the south, which, judging by the distance traveled, appears to be the other door the merc with the assault weapon was guarding - the one to the north of them, which was south to me at this point - meaning i was on the other side of it. This room also had two very large vault doors leading to the west, with large red marks on them - some kind of warning, it looked like to me. At this point, I was running low on time, so I came back to here, where I'm relaying this all to you guys now."


She takes a deep breath. "Does anyone have any writing utensils and paper? I could draw a crude map if you like..." she offers. (OOC: presuming someone offers something that Nali can draw with and something to draw it on)

She will activate her Ectoplasmic vapor, and draw a crude map of what she found.

Nali's Map

"I think we need to move quickly if we are going to try to save those 3 mercs. One of them looked pretty bad..." she says, looking at Ecks.

She will look at Victor. "If it looks like he won't be coming to anytime soon, I can place him in a light force field bubble for a while. It's not designed to shield someone in a serious way, more as a sheltering force - but it is minor mega-damage force, lasts for hours, and will keep any wandering animals or insects out. Let me know if you think that would be helpful..." she says to Ecks and the others, unsure of Victor's status.

Would have been better if he hadn't run off as a Lone Wolf at all, but... at least he didn't run into those sword-arm guys... she thinks while looking at the maverick Slammer.

If Ecks and the others agree, Nali will cast Sheltering Force on Victor.




Ectoplasm (just the vapor version is copied here for convenience)
Range: 40 feet +5 feet per level of experience.
Duration: 4 minutes (16 melees) per level of experience.
I.S.P. (Vapor): 6

This mystifying ability enables the psychic to create a slightly luminous, vapor-like substance that is exuded from the pores. The ectoplasm has two forms : an invisible vapor and a luminous, solid state.

The vapor is a sort of floating, probing finger that can snuff out candles, open doors, knock over or pick up small objects (weighing under 9 ounces/255 grams), tap somebody on the shoulder, rustle leaves and knock on a door. The Ectoplasmic vapor can be seen only by its creator, psychics and supernatural beings who can see the invisible, or with infrared optic systems (including infrared camera lenses, infrared gun sights, binoculars, etc.). Ectoplasm, although an invisible vapor, has physical properties, which means it can not go through walls or solid objects. Thus, a person walking into an ectoplasm stream may feel a slight sensation, like walking into a spider' s web or brushing against a cotton ball. Often a person will unwittingly walk into and snag the stream of floating ectoplasm, pulling or stretching it along without being aware of it. In such cases, the psychic must maneuver the snagged portion to loop around the human obstruction. The creator of the vapor can control the full length of the vaporous stream like a floating tentacle. Although the vapor can not go through solid objects it can slip through keyholes, cracks under doors or loose seals around a window. If a breeze can blow through, so can ectoplasm. The only drawback is that the psychic must be able to see the ectoplasm to maneuver it.


Sheltering Force
Range: Around self, or up to 20 feet away.
Duration: One hour per level of experience.
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
P.P.E.: Twenty
The Sheltering Force is essentially a light force field that appears as a semi-opaque (can see figures, outlines and blurred colors, but not faces or details), bluish-white dome. The "shelter" can be small enough to accommodate two people or big enough to accommodate six (eight cramped). In either case, it resembles a dome shaped tent made of semi-opaque plastic. It is dry inside and maintains a temperature that is 10 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than outside in hot weather and 10 degrees warmer in cool weather. It will hold smoke in, so any campfire must be made outside. The magical shelter keeps rain and insects out, but animals, people, 'bots and spirits can come and go as they please, much like a real tent. Furthermore, if attacked, the Sheltering Force will only stop 1d6 M.D. per each attack blast/arrow/whatever, with the remaining damage penetrating the force field and possibly hitting those inside the shelter.
The semi-opaque nature of the force field means that those attacking from outside can not get a clear shot and are -3 to strike, but they can see shapes and shadows inside to shoot at.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 63/1d20 = 2
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Globe of Daylight (6 minutes remaining), Impervious to Horror Factor (5 minutes remaining)

When Nali requests some paper and a pen or pencil, Sel unslings her backpack and says "I got you. A girl's always gotta be prepared, after all!" as she sets the requested items on the ground. As Nali draws out the map, Sel says "Ok, so it looks like the northern route is the more direct approach, but also has significantly more enemies, not to mention the enigma of the doors. The other route is longer, fewer enemies, but no apparent way out of either. So it would seem we would still wind up having to go to the north, although it might be worth going through the southern way to see if we can spot anything Nali might have either missed or couldn't detect because be being astral. I'm honestly not sure how a air vent would appear from the astral side. Also, just because these enemies are dragging around blades of some sort, because Nali doesn't believe them to be organic creatures, they very well could have hidden or built in energy weapons. I might have an idea, however. Nali, did you happen to notice any flammable materials in either direction? Here's my thoughts, I cast a spell to make us immune to fire and another to blend in with our surroundings. That spell works well against thermal optics in which case the spell only works if our surface temperature is within a few degrees ambient temperature. So I am thinking if we are on fire while the room is also burning, we can get through undetected, and as a plus the room being on fire will act as a distraction to what ever is in there. I know, it's a crazy plan, so lets here a better one. Also, what assets does Victor have that we might be able to utilize?"
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 59/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 9

Electrical Engineer: 1d100 = 82/113% (determining what actually has power in here)

Ecks is surprised with Nali's report. The south might be longer, but a prolonged engagement would likely eat up any time savings we had. Let's move to the south. Minkowski, Max and myself can lead in. Maybe give you gifted people a chance to work your magic if things go sideways." he says, adding Bri's psionics in as magic.

With that he moves towards the hallway to the south. Moving quickly and quietly as may be, he moves into the room with the platforms.

Looking around he looks for any signs of power. "I know it doesn't look like anything has power, but we already know we've been dropped in here and somehow that crew has made it through. Give me just a moment. Let's keep clear of those pods. They don't look like a good time. Minkowski, Max, can you check the vault door? Brianna, Sel and Nali. And of you able to get us past wall without using the actual door?"

Ecks gets out his multi meter and passes it near the computer to see if any voltage is detected. If it turns out there really isn't any power, he, will inform the others. If there is power, he warns the rest, "There's power here, this whole thing might be a trap."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:34 pm

(Rolls Held)

Ecks wrote:Ecks is surprised with Nali's report. The south might be longer, but a prolonged engagement would likely eat up any time savings we had. Let's move to the south. Minkowski, Max and myself can lead in. Maybe give you gifted people a chance to work your magic if things go sideways." he says, adding Bri's psionics in as magic.


"A longer engagement, only if we can't sneak past them somehow. I have a spell that will mask our sound, but it will also prevent us from communicating while we are within the sphere. Actually, now that I think about it, I do have a spell that will hide us in a sphere of darkness but we can see perfectly well out of it. The only problem with it is that infrared and thermal optics can still see in, just not as well as normal. Now I wish I knew if these enemies had those abilities, but they presumably would if they are as in the dark as we were when we first fell down here. The problem is that if we can find some other way out along the southern route, the northern way looks to be our only way out. Sir, I realize I may be constantly talking the northern route, but it only because it is the most obvious way out. I just want you to know I'm no more thrilled about the prospect of facing ten of what ever they are as opposed to the four in the south." Sel says in response to Ecks.


Ecks wrote:Looking around he looks for any signs of power. "I know it doesn't look like anything has power, but we already know we've been dropped in here and somehow that crew has made it through. Give me just a moment. Let's keep clear of those pods. They don't look like a good time. Minkowski, Max, can you check the vault door? Brianna, Sel and Nali. And of you able to get us past wall without using the actual door?"


"I'm sorry, I don't have any psychic ability or personally know any spell that might let us get around the door. Is there a spell that could do it? Probably. I would need to commune with my goddess, see if she would be willing to grant me knowledge of it to aid us." Sel says. As she begins to clear her mind to begin praying to Isis, her headache lingers, causing her thoughts to wonder about its cause when she has the thought that her headache isn't being caused by interference to magic in general but teleportation/transportation magic specifically. "Hey boss, I think I have figured out what's causing some of us to have headaches. I believe that something is interfering with teleportation/transportation type spells, so even if one of us knew a spell to bypass the wall without using the door, I don't think we would be able to cast those spells. Think of it like a anti-magic field that target's a specific type of spell.

Ecks wrote:Ecks gets out his multi meter and passes it near the computer to see if any voltage is detected. If it turns out there really isn't any power, he, will inform the others. If there is power, he warns the rest, "There's power here, this whole thing might be a trap."


"Might? I think we're well past might there boss. The real question is to what end? As a honey trap to lure in prey, or as a way to deal with troublesome intruders?" Sel asks.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 20, 1d100 = 9

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)

Brianna starts to get out the paper from her knapsack, but stops when Sel gets some out first. She listens carefully as Naliyah tells the group what she had seen when she had astral projected. Seems like we're not the only ones to get snared in this trap. Brianna thinks to her weapons. She's a bit alarmed at Sel's plan of setting them on all on fire, despite her assurances that there's a spell that would keep them from actually being burned.

”Brianna, Sel and Nali. And of you able to get us past wall without using the actual door?"


Brianna shrugs. "I don't have any psychic abilities to get through walls. I have some skills picking locks and opening safe doors, but that wouldn't help us get through a wall.”

If Ecks and the others agree, Nali will cast Sheltering Force on Victor.


Brianna nods at Naliyah. ”That's a good idea.”
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:08 am

((rolls carried))

Ecks nods at Nali's suggestion of magical protection. Though he is disappointed about the news of transportation magic not being usable.

Selenidaria wrote:(Rolls Held)
"Might? I think we're well past might there boss. The real question is to what end? As a honey trap to lure in prey, or as a way to deal with troublesome intruders?" Sel asks.


"Three possibilities. A trap, which would indicate that someone is actively trying to take us. Or it could simply be defenses and we are all just being stubborn. Or it's secretly Max's birthday and some of his friends are orchestrating an elaborate surprise party. If so, probably best surprise party ever. Personally hoping for the latter unless the cake has fondant. I'd rather face the death pods."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC: 1d100 = 96

Max listens to Naliyahs description intently. I'm gonna forget this But rescue is the reason for them being there and people need help. Max is ready to fight. He stops to listen to Sel's plan.
I know, it's a crazy plan, so lets here a better one. Also, what assets does Victor have that we might be able to utilize?"

OO yes, Vic likes grenades. I like grenades. He rummages through Victors belongings looking for explosives.
"Crazy plan? I like crazy plans. Just dont singe my hair off, I would look weird as a hairless."

Ecks lays out the order of movement
The south might be longer, but a prolonged engagement would likely eat up any time savings we had. Let's move to the south. Minkowski, Max and myself can lead in. Maybe give you gifted people a chance to work your magic if things go sideways."


He readies everything he can salvage and slips through the opening at the door and turns to Mink. "Lets go sugar " He says in a hushed tone. "The Lord wont let me go before its my time. I'll go first, Just get my back."
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:36 pm

Perception: 68%/1d100 = 63 Success
JIC: 1d20 = 8,1d100 = 26
Detect Ambush 65%/1d100 = 86 - looking for cameras or pop out turrets, or arm bladed freaks FAIL
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 3 - Looking for anything, including any frequencies normally used by detection systems Critical Success!
Electronic Countermeasures 85%/1d100 = 75 - jam any detection frequencies (radar, etc) I find, but only once any combat happens. Success
Detect Concealment 45%/1d100 = 55 - looking for secret doors, traps, or sensors FAIL
Intelligence 82%/1d100 = 79 - interpret what I see FAIL
Prowl 75%/1d100 = 1 - Be very very quiet, while moving as fast as possible, we're hunting husks Critical Success!

Mink listens closely while Nali make her report, paying close attention and making notes on her computer. When she draws the crude map, Mink photographs it and overlays her notes on it on her computer. As the others make plans, search for extra gear, and otherwise prepare, Mink cycles her power armor open, revealing several medallions around her neck. She touches several and whispers something, activating several of them. "Incidentally, I won't easily show up on sensors right now. So your gear is working right if you lose sight of me. Just use your Mark One Eyeball if you need to be certain."

When Max speaks up as she is buttoning up her suit, she smiles. "I'll take point, but you can be my backup. Deal?" She moves to head out the door and to the south, as planned. She has her wrist mounted blaster and blade at the ready.

Invisibility to Sensors
* Cannot be detected by high-technological devices or alarms.
* Organic beings using technology can save vs magic to see with natural vision
Duration: 10 minutes
Book Reference: p.150, BoM
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:00 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:30:00 (30 minutes have passed total; only 5 since Nali's report); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with no ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced


Everyone loiters around the room while Naliyah scouts and upon returning, offers her report nearly a half hour later. During the elapsed time, several members of the group heard various sounds echoing in the facility through air ducts or down corridors but luckily, it seems that while they were indeed intentionally dropped, it did not notify what was below.

Sel provides Naliyah with a pen/paper, Naliyah creates an extoplasmic greenish hand and then draws them the map. The crew spends some time formulating a plan to get to the three mercs that are quite obviously pinned down and in need of aid. Bri looks to Naliyah and agrees with her idea of adding a Sheltering Force for Victor, so the magical shing does so as the rest of the crew slowly make their way out into the hall.

Ecks lays out a crude marching order, with himself, Max and Mink going first. Mink moves first, after activating a medallion that makes her vanish from technological sensors, with a practiced effort to be quiet that is impressive.

Rounding the corner and heading south in a rough, stacked up line, Mink reaches the first door leading south and find that it is not locked. A simple button on the right side of the door prompts it to slide open. As it opens, it reveals a large room with a computer on one end of it, two small work-like stations in the southern end and four rows of large cylinders that are each easily ten feet tall with spidered wiring into the roof; Several of them are broken as Naliyah described. There is a small amount of ambient light from the computer terminals which, while inactive, do appear to have power.

The rest of the team slowly filters in and begins to fan out into the room. As Ecks crosses the threshold of the center of the room, the door behind them slams shut and what little ambient light in the room is flooded with hazard lights and an alert. "Quarantine is breached.". Bri, Mink, Max, and Nali all feel the hairs on the back of their respective necks stand, alerting them to an immediate threat to their lives. Max, Nali and Bri are also able to tell that this voice is the same voice as the one they heard right before tumbling down from the entrance.

The Hazard Lights suddenly drop off completely and there is a pitch blackness in the room as everyone in the group hears several loud crashes. Max is the only one with an innate ability to see in the dark, and his sight shows him several of the cylinders that were not broken moments ago are now shattered and there seem to be things moving in between the other cylinders. The group suddenly hears a loud, ear-wrenching screech from their collective left. (right on the map)

Combat; Round One

Map
AAPS Movement 1.png


What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -4PPE, Globe of Daylight
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling)
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P.
    Naliyah:
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:26 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22/85%
JIC:1d20 = 18/1d100 = 30
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 12

Ecks was getting ready to get out his multimeter, but as the lights go out and the sound of crashing and screeching fills their ears, he sings a refrain of "Haaaaappy birthday to youuuuu..." in the pitch black. Good thing I've got flares... in the robot. he thinks to himself angrily.

Counting on Sel to provide light, he brings his rifle up and looks for one of the things, whatever they are. "Need some light up here!" As soon as he can see, he will fire on the creatures. Sizzles of high energy blasts echo in the room in rapid succession.

APM:9
Action 1: Wait for light
Action 2: Fire JA12 at nearest creature 1d20+7 = 17, 1d6*10 = 30+10=40
Action 3: Fire JA12 1d20+7 = 27, 1d6*10 = 30+10=40*2= 80 CRIT!
Action 4: Fire JA12 1d20+7 = 19, 1d6*10 = 40+10=50
Action 5: Fire JA121d20+7 = 17, 1d6*10 = 50+10=60
Action 6: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 20
Action 7: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 20
Action 8: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 10
Action 9: Dodge as needed 1d20+7 = 23

Parry as Needed: 1d20+7 = 22,1d20+7 = 8,1d20+7 = 18,1d20+7 = 20,1d20+7 = 20,1d20+7 = 15,1d20+7 = 18,1d20+7 = 24,1d20+7 = 20,1d20+7 = 15,
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 13, 1d100 = 2
Initiative: 1d20 = 11
APM: 6

Lore: Demons/Monsters 1d100 = 65, 1d100 = 2 (77%)

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 21 minutes
Mesi's PPE 88/90 remaining

Brianna whirls around in surprise when the door to the room slams shut and the hazard lights and an alert comes on. ”Oh this is definitely going to be bad.” Brianna remarks out loud as she feels the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She can't help but jump a little in fear at the ear wrenching sound from the left. What in the hell is that?

When Ecks calls out for light, Brianna figures she can help Sel out by using Mesi and wastes no time in casting a globe of daylight and moving it to where Ecks indicated. Assuming they can see what made the noise, Brianna tries to figure out what these creatures are and what the best way to defeat them is. She thinks to Mesi and Maia. You two have any idea of what these things are?

Actions
1. whirls around in surprise and reacts to what is going on
2. casts globe of daylight wth Mesi to help Ecks (PPE: 2)
3. moves globe over to where Ecks indicated (to the left)
4. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+4 = 10
5. tries to identify creatures, asking M&M telepathically
6. Reserved for dodge, if needed. 1d20+4 = 23

Auto-parry, if needed.
1d20+4 = 24, 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 13, 1d20+4 = 23, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 9
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 1d100 = 46/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 64
JIC (20): 1d20 = 14

Conditions (at end of post): Ectoplasm (Vapor): 19:00

Sixth Sense bonuses (this round only): +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.

Initiative: 1d20 = 10 + 6 (Sixth Sense) + 3 (regular bonus) = 19
APM: 7

Action 1: Activate FF
Action 2: pounce attack on closest opponent: 1d20+12 = 22 to hit, 4d6 = 6 M.D. plus Pounce attacks have a 65% chance of knocking human-sized targets off their feet (victim loses initiative and one attack) and cause 1d6 damage from the impact/fall plus claw damage
Action 3: claw attack on closest opponent: 1d20+12 = 28 to hit, 5d6 = 25 M.D.
Action 4: claw attack on closest opponent: 1d20+12 = 29 to hit, 5d6 = 21 M.D.
Action 5: claw attack on closest opponent: 1d20+12 = 23 to hit, 5d6 = 21 M.D.
Action 6: claw attack on closest opponent: 1d20+12 = 21 to hit, 5d6 = 14 M.D.
Action 7: claw attack on closest opponent: 1d20+12 = 24 to hit, 5d6 = 24 M.D.
IGNORE PLEASE - actions one & two are separated now so this does not occur ---> : claw attack on closest opponent: 1d20+12 = 13 to hit, 5d6 = 11 M.D.

Auto-Dodges (does not include Sixth Sense bonus):
1d20+13 = 14
1d20+13 = 22
1d20+13 = 26
1d20+13 = 32
1d20+13 = 16
1d20+13 = 14
1d20+13 = 19

Parries (if needed; includes Sixth Sense bonus)
1d20+15 = 35
1d20+15 = 28
1d20+15 = 24
1d20+15 = 24
1d20+15 = 30
1d20+15 = 27
1d20+15 = 29




Naliyah nods her assent to Ecks as he formulates the plan: south it is she thinks in agreement.

Selenidaria wrote:
"I'm sorry, I don't have any psychic ability or personally know any spell that might let us get around the door. Is there a spell that could do it? Probably. I would need to commune with my goddess, see if she would be willing to grant me knowledge of it to aid us." Sel says. As she begins to clear her mind to begin praying to Isis, her headache lingers, causing her thoughts to wonder about its cause when she has the thought that her headache isn't being caused by interference to magic in general but teleportation/transportation magic specifically. "Hey boss, I think I have figured out what's causing some of us to have headaches. I believe that something is interfering with teleportation/transportation type spells, so even if one of us knew a spell to bypass the wall without using the door, I don't think we would be able to cast those spells. Think of it like a anti-magic field that target's a specific type of spell.


Nali was about to answer Ecks' question about having magic to bypass the door when she hears Sel's explanation of the headaches. Odd, I've never heard of such a thing... but she understands the principles of magic better than I do, having studied them as she has, whereas I just intuitively know how to use it she thinks. "Well that's a bit of an obstacle to someone who specializes in magically warping spacetime... it's almost as if this place were custom made to thwart it. Ironic..." she says, shaking her head at their dumb luck. What have we gotten ourselves into? she wonders.




Maximillian O'Malley wrote:"Crazy plan? I like crazy plans. Just dont singe my hair off, I would look weird as a hairless."


Nali hardly suppresses a hearty laugh (OOC: that did nearly make me bust out laughing when I read it)[/quote]




Mink wrote:"Incidentally, I won't easily show up on sensors right now. So your gear is working right if you lose sight of me. Just use your Mark One Eyeball if you need to be certain."


Mark One Eyeball? she thinks, wondering if the others have some specialized tech equipment she wasn't privy to. All I have is my regular eyeballs... and they'll have to suffice... she thinks.




Underguard wrote:
Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:30:00 (30 minutes have passed total; only 5 since Nali's report); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with no ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced


The rest of the team slowly filters in and begins to fan out into the room. As Ecks crosses the threshold of the center of the room, the door behind them slams shut and what little ambient light in the room is flooded with hazard lights and an alert. "Quarantine is breached.". Bri, Mink, Max, and Nali all feel the hairs on the back of their respective necks stand, alerting them to an immediate threat to their lives. Max, Nali and Bri are also able to tell that this voice is the same voice as the one they heard right before tumbling down from the entrance.

The Hazard Lights suddenly drop off completely and there is a pitch blackness in the room as everyone in the group hears several loud crashes. Max is the only one with an innate ability to see in the dark, and his sight shows him several of the cylinders that were not broken moments ago are now shattered and there seem to be things moving in between the other cylinders. The group suddenly hears a loud, ear-wrenching screech from their collective left. (right on the map)


Well - they aren't surprised now, at least. Better take these ones out before reinforcements arrive... she thinks, quickly looking back at the now-shut door they came through.

Naliayah will, firstly, activate her Naruni force field and then pounces into the fray, a lethal, whirling blur of claws shredding any opponent(s) in her path.

Contingency
If Naliyah's force field is somehow breached, she will immediately disengage, go on the defensive, and cast an Energy Field bubble around herself to regroup (and will repeat if the EF is breached)
If her opponent goes down, she will attack the next closest one
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 19/1d20 = 16
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other:
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 3

Ecks wrote:"Need some light up here!"


Sel hears Ecks shout for some light, but her first action is to shield her mind from startling horrors, knowing that if she allowed herself to succumb to fear, she'd be less useful to the party. By the time she is done doing that, she feels the familiar stirrings of power gathering into a light spell, although she's not sure how. Instead of casting Globe of Daylight like she intended on doing, she pulls her Sabre Skorblade. After that, she casts Armor of Ithan around the power armor as well as through it, then casts Superhuman Strength on the motors and servos in the suit, and then finally she casts See the Invisible on her helmet. After all that is done, she goes up to a random one and tries to flip it, then a second.

Selenidaria's Combat Actions
Init: 3
Attacks per Melee: 8

Attack 1: Activate Medallion of Isis (Impervious to Horror Factor)
Attack 2: Draw Sabre Skorblade
Attack 3: Cast Armor of Ithan through Power Armor
Attack 4: Cast Superhuman Strength through Power Armor
Attack 5: Cast See the Invisible into the Power Armor's helmet
Attack 6: Judo throw random one 1d20+5 = 23
Attack 7: Judo throw second random one 1d20+5 = 19
Attack 8: Judo throw third random one 1d20+5 = 19

Parries: 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 22, 1d20+8 = 9, 1d20+8 = 26
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Perception: 68%/1d100 = 91 FAIL!
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 86

As the light goes dark, Mink activates her force field and calls up infrared optics, wasting no time finding the bad guys and getting a good look at how they are seeing and if they seem to see her. As Ecks engages, she doubles up her fire with his. Dryly she quips back at Ecks, "This surprise party sucks Ecks. You need a better party planner. Focusing fire, so we can take them down faster." Mink does not try to engage them hand to hand, but rather keeps moving and hopes her sensor invisibility works out for her. She evades or parries as attacks come her way.

Initiative: 1d20+7 = 26
Target Priority: She will double up targets with Ecks. As Ecks changes targets, so will she.
Action 1: Activate Force Field and Infrared Vision (currently emitting infrared light), and scan via radar towards the noise (Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 21 SUCCESS!
    Parry or Autododge as appropriate: 1d20 = 2 (7 Autododge, 12 parry)
Action 2: Shoot the same creature Ecks is with a dual particle beam blast 1d20+7 = 10 1d6*10 = 40 M.D.
    Parry or Autododge as appropriate: 1d20 = 19 (24 Autododge or 29 parry)
Action 3: Leave infrared light on, but use normal camera once the globe of daylight is working. Shoot the same creature Ecks is with a dual particle beam blast 1d20+7 = 18 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
    Parry or Autododge as appropriate: 1d20 = 12 (17 Autododge or 22 parry)
Action 4: Shoot the same creature Ecks is with a dual particle beam blast 1d20+7 = 11 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
    Parry or Autododge as appropriate: 1d20 = 18 (23 Autododge or 28 parry)
Action 5: Shoot the same creature Ecks is with a dual particle beam blast 1d20+7 = 20 1d6*10 = 60 M.D.
    Parry or Autododge as appropriate: 1d20 = 8 (13 Autododge or 18 parry)
Action 6: Shoot the same creature Ecks is with a dual particle beam blast 1d20+7 = 9 1d6*10 = 40 M.D.
    Parries or Autododges as appropriate: 1d20 = 6 (11 Autododge or 16 parry)
Action 7: Shoot the same creature Ecks is with a dual particle beam blast 1d20+7 = 21 1d6*10 = 50 M.D.
    Parry or Autododge as appropriate: 1d20 = 12 (17 Autododge or 22 parry)
Action 8: Shoot the same creature Ecks is with a dual particle beam blast 1d20+7 = 9 1d6*10 = 40 M.D.
    Parry or Autododge as appropriate: 1d20 = 6 (11 Autododge or 16 parry)
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 62
Initiative: 1d20 = 11 +3

Mink says
"I'll take point, but you can be my backup. Deal?"

Max pops a mock salute and pulls his shiny NG-LP25 Laser Pulse Submachine-Gun up to the ready and follows her down the hallway. He smiles at the the thought of the new gun, He has always wanted one. He has his eyes peeled wide but is leading by his other senses. I aint worried about what I can see. What cant I see?
Max isnt a real trained soldier but he is not new to a fight and is ready when the light go out.
His senses go off. He sees the figures in the dark. O' steady my hand Lord
He picks the closest target and lights it up. He fires off three quick three round bursts and then scans for cover.
This room is too small He returns is gaze at the creature in front of him and prepares for its reaction to laser pulses.


Action #1: 1d20 = 1+1, +7 to strike = 5d6 = 20 M.D. per pulse
Action #2: 1d20 = 11+1, +7 to strike = 5d6 = 18 M.D. per pulse
Action #3: 1d20 = 9+1, +7 to strike = 5d6 = 20 M.D. per pulse
Action #4: 1d20 = 15 +10 to dodge

"Damn! you Ugly!" He shouts
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:09 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:30:15 (15 seconds have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced[/size][/b]


Mink immediately activates her forcefield and does a sensor sweep; her sensors ping the movement of four humanoid-sized fast movers on the ground, with one directly upon her as she attempts to parry and fails, a long bladed weapon bouncing off of her forcefield. Nali activates her own forcefield as well as she sees one head towards Max in the darkness. Ecks shouts a call out for light as the sounds of fast shuffling are heard in the darkness. Even in the dark, Ecks is able to see a shadow move directly in front of him and is able to successfully parry a long blade-type weapon. A second shadow rushes Ecks and, as he parries the first one, the second one has a clean strike across his main body.

There is a sudden burst of light from Bri as she calls forth the power of Mesi to create a Globe of Daylight, allowing everyone to open fire. Nali pounces on the one lunging towards Max, knocking it back and prone as Max moves in and levels several rounds upon it; though Nali feels some of Max's rounds impact her forcefield. Naliyah feels the creature beneath her attempt to flail at her but her powerful paws are able to parry most of the strikes. She feels a couple of them glance off her force field before she and Max are able to put it down.

Meanwhile, through coordinated fire, Ecks and Mink are able to demolish one of them as Sel approaches the one on Mink, armed with superhuman strength and AoI, and does a solid Judo throw. She feels it fight back and a heavy blow impacts her AoI but the creature is thrown down regardless.

As Ecks feels another solid blow against his armor from the second one on him as Sel approaches and tosses this one away from him as well. The remaining two screech loudly as they climb back to their feet before Mink and Ecks are able to blow them away, leaving a pile a scrap.

Bri moves the Globe of daylight to hover over the destroyed bodies and they appear to be cyborgs of some kind; long vibro-blade like weapons protruding from their forearms with incomplete design structures. Bri has never seen this type of creature before, they certainly are not monstrous, though, possibly man-made. Keen eyes can see that there are several incomplete parts to each body, from missing eyes or exposed circuits; it's as though whomever was in charge of their construction just stopped one day and didn't even finish their programming. Whatever they are, they took a great deal of a beating to put down, but the firepower the group brought to bear was more than ample.

Something odd happens when the last one falls, the lights in the room return to normal, with little ambient light now filling the room from the various, small terminals and a sudden, though eerie, silence.

Map
AAPS Movement 2.png


What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi, Globe of Daylight
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -4PPE ;; -9 MDC from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P. ;; -6 from FF
    Naliyah: -31 MDC from FF
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/85%
JIC:1d20 = 4/1d100 = 26

Computer Operation--1d100 = 79/108% (trying to gain access and information to and from the computer system here.)
Computer Hacking-- 1d100 = 37/93% (trying to gain access and information to and from the computer system here.)


Ecks runs his hands over the damage on his suit and feels the NGMI flowing out of his bank account. Wasting little time, he runs over the to the computer terminal and seeks access. If any obvious ways to access the terminal isn't readily available, he will try to access it using his computer.

"Can someone examine the rest of the pods? Any still holding these things? Do the pods have any writing on them?" Ecks asks while trying to gain access to the computer system here.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 3 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 3

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Mesi's PPE 88/90 remaining

Brianna sighs in relief when the team is able to eliminate the threat without much difficulty. She cancels the Globe of Daylight she had cast with Mesi since the lights had come back on and looks around the room. Studying the cyborgs with a curious expression on her face, Brianna asks the others ”Have you guys seen anything like this before?”

"Can someone examine the rest of the pods? Any still holding these things? Do the pods have any writing on them?" Ecks asks while trying to gain access to the computer system here.


Brianna says to Ecks, ”Checking! I'll let you know.” Brianna then walks around the room and checks to see if any of the cylinders have anything else in them. She also examines the outside to see if there is any writing on them.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 65/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 39/1d20 = 13
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Impervious to HF (29 minutes, 45 seconds remaining), Armor of Ithan (61/70 MDC remaining, 6 minutes, 45 seconds remaining), Superhuman Strength (PS 30, PE 24, 3 minutes, 15 seconds remaining), See the Invisible (6 minutes, 45 seconds remaining)

Once the last one falls, Sel looks at one more closer, fascinated and horrified at the same time by what she saw. Ecks then requests the remaining pods are cleared while he goes to check on the computer banks. Before she could say anything, Bri replies to his request to clear the pods, so she decides to follow him to the computers. "Is there anything that I can do to help, sir?" Sel asks him. If he does need help, she will do what she can.

Computer Operation 1d100 = 76/72%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 74/62%
Machine Ghost -12 ISP
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1d100 = 4/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 23
JIC (20): 1d20 = 11

Conditions (at end of post): Ectoplasm (Vapor): 18:45; Naruni FF (5:55:00 remaining; 4 MDC / minute regained)





Underguard wrote:
Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:30:15 (15 seconds have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced[/size][/b]


Mink immediately activates her forcefield and does a sensor sweep; her sensors ping the movement of four humanoid-sized fast movers on the ground, with one directly upon her as she attempts to parry and fails, a long bladed weapon bouncing off of her forcefield. Nali activates her own forcefield as well as she sees one head towards Max in the darkness. Ecks shouts a call out for light as the sounds of fast shuffling are heard in the darkness. Even in the dark, Ecks is able to see a shadow move directly in front of him and is able to successfully parry a long blade-type weapon. A second shadow rushes Ecks and, as he parries the first one, the second one has a clean strike across his main body.

There is a sudden burst of light from Bri as she calls forth the power of Mesi to create a Globe of Daylight, allowing everyone to open fire. Nali pounces on the one lunging towards Max, knocking it back and prone as Max moves in and levels several rounds upon it; though Nali feels some of Max's rounds impact her forcefield. Naliyah feels the creature beneath her attempt to flail at her but her powerful paws are able to parry most of the strikes. She feels a couple of them glance off her force field before she and Max are able to put it down.

Meanwhile, through coordinated fire, Ecks and Mink are able to demolish one of them as Sel approaches the one on Mink, armed with superhuman strength and AoI, and does a solid Judo throw. She feels it fight back and a heavy blow impacts her AoI but the creature is thrown down regardless.

As Ecks feels another solid blow against his armor from the second one on him as Sel approaches and tosses this one away from him as well. The remaining two screech loudly as they climb back to their feet before Mink and Ecks are able to blow them away, leaving a pile a scrap.

Bri moves the Globe of daylight to hover over the destroyed bodies and they appear to be cyborgs of some kind; long vibro-blade like weapons protruding from their forearms with incomplete design structures. Bri has never seen this type of creature before, they certainly are not monstrous, though, possibly man-made. Keen eyes can see that there are several incomplete parts to each body, from missing eyes or exposed circuits; it's as though whomever was in charge of their construction just stopped one day and didn't even finish their programming. Whatever they are, they took a great deal of a beating to put down, but the firepower the group brought to bear was more than ample.

Something odd happens when the last one falls, the lights in the room return to normal, with little ambient light now filling the room from the various, small terminals and a sudden, though eerie, silence.


The group makes short work of their opponents, and is able to see more closely what they were facing.

Like I thought...some kind of 'borg. She will leave it to the rest of the group to determine more, as this isn't her area of expertise.

"If they had organic bodies, I might be more helpful, but I don't know much about 'borgs other than the most basic information..." she says.

The Shing looks back at the door that had closed behind them earlier. Still closed... even with the lights back on... she thinks to herself.

"We need to get to the mercs soon, the man I saw before was in pretty bad shape and will likely not make it if he doesn't get help quickly," she reminds the group.

The Shing approaches the eastern door and sniffs it.

Skill Roll: Detect Ambush --> 1d100 = 33 / 97%

If nothing seems amiss, she says, "Vault-like door... no problem," and casts the Escape spell.




Escape
Range: Self, touch or 5 feet
Duration: Instant.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Eight
The escape invocation enables the mage to magically escape any bonds, or open any locking mechanism that bars his way. This includes being tied with rope, handcuffs, prison cells, doors, trunks, locks, straitjackets, etc. One restraint or lock can be undone per each invocation (one per melee round is possible). Only gagging the mage will prevent the use of this magic.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 34
JIC: 1d20 = 1
JIC: 1d100 = 46

Max steadies himself, stands up straight and fixes his composure. He turns to Naliyah. "You okay?" Not as worried about her physical state that seems fine. Max has been in a number of fist fights and roaring bar fights, just not so many gun fights. He approaches the newly dead thing that attacked him. He pokes and prods it to get a look at what makes them tick. More machine than anything its like they have no soul . Max continues to then check out the room. It seemed small when he was looking for cover. He takes his helmet off for a minute to get a good read on the area. He quickly returns it to protecting his head and looks around for anything worthwhile.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:51 am

Maximillian O'Malley wrote:
Max steadies himself, stands up straight and fixes his composure. He turns to Naliyah. "You okay?" Not as worried about her physical state that seems fine.


The Shing looks at Max when he asks if she's ok. "I'm fine, thank you. Are you alright?" she asks, as she looks around at the others. I should pay more attention to such things. Just because *I* am unharmed does not mean others aren't.

"Is anyone hurt?" she asks the others.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 am

((rolls carried))

Sel comes over to ask about any help she can provide. Ecks says, "Take a look at the door and see if you can get it open. Naliyah is right, we need to hustle if we can, but we don't want to make things worse if we can help it."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:07 am

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:35:15 (~5 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced[/size]


Ecks moves to the nearest terminal he can spot with any source of light on it and attempts to access it. He immediately is met with a log-in request and attempts several bypasses. Though quite familiar with computers, Ecks is sure he's never run across such a sophisticated defense before. After several attempts to breach the password, he pulls out his own computer and attempts to plug it in. The moment he does, he feels his computer start to heat up while holding it and quickly unplugs it before it has the chance to fry completely. Sel follows Ecks with her techno-know-how and is directed to check on accessing the doors.

Bri, meanwhile, moves to the pods and finds them empty. The bottom of each pot is grated as though meant to drain, and several of them still have a form of liquid oozing within them, and countless cords the descend from the top of the pods. They are lined with glass that seems extremely durable and tinted. She doesn't find any writing except for a single number on each pod that seems dulled out or subdued. The ones in this room read 001 to 009, which leads her to believe that there are potentially hundreds of these things in the facility. Max kneels down and inspects the deceased attackers and, true to his theory, they appear more machine than anything, and certainly acted without a soul one would expect.

Sel finds the door to the south is locked with a keypad on the side, though there seems to be no power running to it. The larger vault door to the east, the one Nali scouted out, is also shut with a keypad that does seem to have power. Tapping into her machine ghosting, she finds the code she needs that is stored on the keypad and knows it will be able to open the door. As she examines it, the shing approaches and, not noticing anything immediately amiss, casts Escape while Mink observes everyone's actions in the room.

There is a loud *Clunk* followed by a mechanical whirring sound as the door before Sel and Naliyah opens slowly. Sel notices the the keypad flash red before going dark as the door locks disengage and open up, revealing another large room.

This room seems more like a research or computer lab, with two large consoles and a large display in the southern side and several database like machines in the north of the room. There is a door leading south and a door leading further east. Everyone can recall from Naliyah's description that the mercenaries in question where one more room to the east and then north.

Map
AAPS Movement 3.png


What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi, Globe of Daylight
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -4PPE ;; -9 MDC from AoI
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P. ;; -6 from FF
    Naliyah: -31 MDC from FF
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Perception: 68%/1d100 = 62 - Looking for threats and possible opportunities to point the others at. PASS!
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 28
Invisible to Sensors: 5/10 minutes
Detect Ambush 65%/1d100 = 58 - Figure out where the threats should come from for maximum effect. PASS!
Surveillance 75%/1d100 = 67 - Look for cameras, gun emplacements and sensors at all heights on the wall and ceiling. PASS!
History: Pre-Rifts 50%/1d100 = 43 - Look for signs that would show whether this is an old Military Black Ops site for research, or some post rifts mad scientist's lab. PASS!
History: Post-Apocalypse 55%/1d100 = 34 - Look for signs that would show whether this is an old Military Black Ops site for research, or some post rifts mad scientist's lab. PASS!
Undercover Ops 60%/1d100 = 81 - Look for signs that would show whether this is an old Military Black Ops site for research, or some post rifts mad scientist's lab. FAIL!
Sensory Equipment 60%/1d100 = 78 - Looking for threats and possible opportunities to point the others at. FAIL!

While the others are searching, and looking around, Mink hacks the arm-blades and arms off the remains and severs their heads. If asked she shrugs. "If I was making a creepy bionic zombie, I'd include self repair systems. Maybe its overkill, maybe it's not. At this point I'd rather be sure."

As soon as the door opens, Mink moves through, her infrared lights giving her the ability to see in any darkness, she knows she has not much time before her enchantment fades and she wants to survey this room before the others can trigger the next trap. Over the radio, she says "Since the last one triggered as we all entered, someone stay in the door until we can survey this room please. Not on the other side, but in the door - and make sure to come our way in case it closes on you. The idea is not to let it sense we're all in until we can get an idea of what we are looking at." She indicates the two large things to the east (assuming up is north). "Not sure I want to see what comes out of those until we can get a lay of the room. It can't see me, so I'll scout."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 28/85%
JIC:1d20 = 9/1d100 = 28

Computer Use: 1d100 = 48/103%
Computer Hacking: 1d100 = 53/93%


Ecks frowns at the results he gets from the terminal. He stows his computer, puzzling things in his head. Minkowsky mentions staying in the door to prevent sensors from closing but the operator has his doubts. Nah, this isn't just a bunch of sensors. Unlikely voltage would start baking my computer on its own. This has to be an...

With the opening of the next room, Ecks moves into it, pleased to see additional terminals. He takes a brief look around and then makes his way to a terminal. He tries his luck here as well. This time, his approach is different. Rather than forcing entry, he attempts to contact the system itself; to see if there is an intelligence there. Using a keyboard he types a message, discreetly to avoid looking like a fool if his theory is wrong.Hello. Can you communicate?

He hasn't forgotten why they are there though. "Can the rest of you see about getting that next door open? We need to get them out of here."
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC: 1d100 = 7

Max inspects the creature a bit more in wonder of the hows and whys of its existence. He searches along the wall to the now open door. .oh this seems safe . He looks inside before he enters. Extending his senses along before him while holding his weapon at the ready. He sees what may be larger containers. "I cant wait to see what comes out of this room." this room has even less cover, no room for grenades.
He slides through the door way and along the wall behind Ecks and then to the door leading to the lost mercs.
He inspects the door and then gently taps on the door as if knocking to come in. He then holds is ear to the door to listen. "Any body home?"
He turns and looks at his team mates and shrugs.
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 1d100 = 15/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 57
JIC (20): 1d20 = 17

Conditions (at end of post): Ectoplasm (Vapor): 13:45; Naruni FF (5:50:00 remaining; 4 MDC / minute regained)




Underguard wrote:
Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:35:15 (~5 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced[/size]


...the shing approaches and, not noticing anything immediately amiss, casts Escape while Mink observes everyone's actions in the room.

There is a loud *Clunk* followed by a mechanical whirring sound as the door before Sel and Naliyah opens slowly. Sel notices the the keypad flash red before going dark as the door locks disengage and open up, revealing another large room.

This room seems more like a research or computer lab, with two large consoles and a large display in the southern side and several database like machines in the north of the room. There is a door leading south and a door leading further east. Everyone can recall from Naliyah's description that the mercenaries in question where one more room to the east and then north.


Naliyah carefully looks around the room before entering, and pads softly on the floor when she does. The Shing wants to keep moving, but gives Mink a wide berth and lets her take point for the moment. She relies partly on her enhanced senses and partly on uncanny intuition to warn her of danger before it's too late to react to it.
No sense in getting ourselves into more trouble than we need to - unnecessary delays could result in the death of at least one of the crew we are trying to rescue she thinks.

Skill Rolls (checking for potential ambush points or hidden areas):
Detect Ambush ---> 1d100 = 60 / 97%
Detect Concealment ---> 1d100 = 54 / 69%


Although her force field is fully recharged at this point, she decides to leave it on, remembering there are more of the cyborg sword-armed enemies on the way to the surviving crew members.

"There is a narrow passageway to another room to the east of here - the passageway looked like it had automated turrets above each of the two doors connecting it, so each door would have a turret above it aiming at the doorway opposite it," she says to the group. "After that narrow passageway, there were a few of those sword-armed things in the room beyond, and the remaining survivors that I discovered are locked in the room north of there, with a whole slew of sword-arms on the other side of the doorway north of them."

The Shing is uneasy in this strange and artificial environment. What is this place? What are the strange things guarding it? What happened to the other crew members? Hopefully, they would find answers soon...
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 19, 1d100 = 11

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Mesi's PPE 88/90 remaining

Part of Brianna is relieved when she inspects the other pods and finds them to be empty, though the idea that there could be hundreds of these things makes her a little uneasy. What is this place? Who was working here? What was their purpose?Brianna wonders to herself. Why would they build these machines to attack people?

Ecks wrote:He hasn't forgotten why they are there though. ”Can the rest of you see about getting that next door open? We need to get them out of here."


Brianna nods at Ecks. ”Hopefully we can get to them in time for me to help them.” Brianna waits as the others explorers, not wanting to accidentally set off another booby trap that could injure the crew.
Last edited by Brianna Clarke on Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:13 am

((rolls carried))

Naliyah recounts what lies beyond the door. The turrets have him concerned as does the potential of the other door in the survivor's room opening just as they get there. No idea how much of a punch they pack. But if the survivors made it through, hopefully we can too. What drove them so deep in here?

Many questions run through his mind as they push to get to the survivors.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 54/1d20 = 6
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Impervious to HF (24 minutes, 45 seconds remaining), Armor of Ithan (61/70 MDC remaining, 1 minutes, 45 seconds remaining), See the Invisible (1 minutes, 45 seconds remaining), Machine Ghost (16 minutes remaining)

Mink asks for volunteers to stand in the doorway and Sel gives a nervous chuckle before saying "And who's to say it won't close on us regardless of the doorway being empty or not? But I do have an idea!" Sel casts Carpet of Adhesion on the door jam, then takes two of the hacked off blades that Mink had cut from the techno-zombies, wedging them between the door jam and door so that they stuck to the Carpet of Adhesion in addition to being jammed between the door and door jam. She makes sure to place one severed arm blade on either side of the door. There, that ought to hold the door unless it has god like strength. Sel cheerfully thinks before saying "Just be careful not to touch the area of the wall around the door, guys."

After Mink has cleared the room, Sel gives Max's comments little thought as she makes her way the eastern door and checks to see if it has power. If it does, she will use Machine Ghost on it to find the code for this door (OOC: Sel's initial Machine Ghost is still active potentially, but I don't know if I have to reactivate it on each new device or even the same device if my connection is broken).

If the durations for See the Invisible and Armor of Ithan expire before they go through the next door, Sel will make sure to recast them before going through.
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:51 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:40:15 (5 minutes have passed); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced


Mink takes an extra moment and hacks the now-deceased things apart, dismembering their arms and heads to ensure that whatever they are, they stay very dead. Regrettably, Mink isn't sure if Ecks didn't hear her or chose to ignore her, but he crosses the threshold of the room as she recommends caution. Much to the operative's surprise and relief, nothing jumps out at Eck's as he crosses the threshold and Mink continues to survey while Ecks enters. She can figure this facility is defunct, judging by the wear and tear and general unkemptness of it, and that is probably does have automated defenses somewhere. Though where and if they are still active is going to be another challenge entirely, for the facility is unlike any she has encountered before. Mink does spot several black domes in various corners of the room that are identical to the iris that she spotted in the hallway before they took the tumble; her gut says they are cameras and that they are likely being watched, but by what is anyone's guess. It definitely appears to be a research post, but it doesn't match any pre-rifts design schematic she recognizes and definitely seems closer to the times they live in now. If Mink had to guess, this facility has been devoid of sentient upkeep for at least a decade if not longer and is running on emergency or low power. One thing the Operative also notices is that the terminals they have encountered don't have any chairs or anything that seem like they were set up for continued monitoring; like the facility was designed to operate with as little manual input as possible.

Meanwhile, as Nali and Sel manage to make the door open through varying means, Ecks approaches another terminal in the room. There are a couple that look predominant and the operator just goes for one. After looking at the screen and consoles, he notices now that the consoles don't seem to be written in standard english format. Luckily, being an experienced computer user, he is able to decipher which button would at least be an Enter like button and presses it, activating the screen. It's a blank black screen that is lit by the hue of the terminal light. When he tries typing into the screen, he sees what looks like alien characters appear on the screen as he calls out to his teammates about moving on to the next room.

Max follows Ecks into the room cautiously and is visibly relieved when nothing jumps out at them, though the tight spaces and close quarters makes the Battle Cat uneasy as he moves to the door to the northeast. Tapping it lightly a couple times, he hears the solid ping of solid metal reverberate but no sounds of life. It's almost as though each room is intentionally soundproofed from the others.

Naliyah slowly follows them in, but sticks closer with Mink as she surveys the area. While there are several points in the room that could possible be ambush points, as a whole, the room is far more open than the last one and even in the very low light, it's easier to see. She does spot what appears like life support vents in several places of the rooms that are not running, and were likely designed to circulate air. She points out the door and the direction they need to travel to the others.

Bri feels equally uneasy in the dark, cramped and eerily quiet facility and moves slowly in, holding the rear, allowing her more tactically minded allies their chances to survey the room before accidentally triggering any traps. Luckily, the latent psychic, nor her teammates, seem to trigger any traps and her sixth sense remains dormant.

Meanwhile, with Bri, Sel holds the rear and decides better save than sorry and sticks the door shut with her carpet of adhesion spell and wedges two of the blades from the dead to wedge the door. On pure sight, she can tell that the gears of the door will likely snap the blades like a twig, but the Carpet may hold it for an extended period of time. While not afraid, Sel is unsettled as she enters the room and goes towards the door that Max tapped at. Extending her Machine Ghost, she connects with a keypad on the door and finds another, different, code lock for the door. She finds three, actually. One gives the color blue, one gives the color green, and one gives the color red. She finds no other references to what these colors mean in conjunction with the door opening or what may lie beyond. Green is usually good and red is usually bad but blue is a wildcard color that throws that theory out of wack. Both Sel's AoI and See the Invisible expire, but her sight didn't show anything out of the ordinary and right now, things seem calm.

Ecks decides to give the computer another couple seconds before moving on after he typed a few characters, and as he is stepping away the screen goes blank again and another series of alien characters fills the screen, like a message, after his.

Image


What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi, Globe of Daylight
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; Carpet of Adhesion
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P. ;;
    Naliyah: -25 MDC from FF
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87 (88%)
JIC: 1d20 = 18, 1d100 = 71

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: Enhanced (26/36)
Globe of Daylight, PPE: 2, Duration: 21 minutes
Mesi's PPE 86/90 remaining

Brianna is relieved when nothing jumps out at them, but she doesn't relax completely. Just because something hadn't happened yet doesn't mean it wasn't coming. Relaxing could be a big mistake. Brianna thinks to herself. Since it's dark, Brianna casts another Globe of daylight, figuring it would help everyone see better.

Unsure of how she can be helpful, Brianna looks around the new room they're in, hoping to find anything that can be useful to the rest of the team, given their situation. "Can I help anyone with anything?" Bri asks, hoping she isn't coming off like a complete idiot.
Image

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. Helmet: 50/50, Main Body: 90/90, Arms: 40/40 each, Legs: 50/50 each with N-F20A Medium Force Field (75 MDC)

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
User avatar
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: AAPS - PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Mink » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:57 pm

Perception 68%/1d100 = 66 (Success)
JIC: 1d20 = 12, 1d100 = 45

Over team frequencies with her loudspeaker off and her helmet still closed, Mink speaks to the team at large. "So any ideas who created an automated research facility for advanced bionic drone research and then left it on reserve power with an AI in charge? This isn't pre-rifts, not by any measure I can see. And I'd venture to say it's not human built either; though I think they are definitely humanoid - but I could be wrong there. Whoever it is, they didn't plan to be down here that long. No seats, no chairs, no desks, no water coolers, no bathrooms, no tables really - just lots of big unexplained gear with some basic monitoring stations. All the changes are made in those big cocoons. Question is whether the drones are formerly sentient beings or simple biomechanical constructs." She pauses a moment and then continues. "Note, I'm not really wanting answers to this, just throwing out theories and seeing if anyone else noticed the patterns."

As she is talking, Mink is walking around, feeling very exposed now that she knows her invisibility against sensors is gone. 'We are taking too long. We need to move. Come on Ecks, I thought you wanted us to move quickly, not waste our time here.' She doesn't say anything about it though.
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
User avatar
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:04 pm
Location: Rifts PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Maximillian O'Malley » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75
JIC: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d100 = 15


Max stays focused on the door. He knocked and no one answered. How rude
He looks at the panel. Then he glances at Ecks and back at the computer screen.
He looks at the alien words. Lord what have you given us.
He keeps his weapon trained on the door. " Do you have any idea what it means?"
Max is getting anxious. This is a trap, so where does it spring from
User avatar
Maximillian O'Malley
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1/85%
JIC:1d20 = 1/1d100 = 32

Ecks looks at the words and at least feels good to see something. "Hey guys... got something interesting here... Anyone able to read this? Bri? Do you think it's a language or a code?" He says, hoping for someone to pull something out of their hat. He mulls the message over quickly in his head.
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:49 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/34% (49% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just In Case: 1d100 = 38/1d20 = 6
Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense
Current Effects, Other: Impervious to HF (19 minutes, 45 seconds remaining), Machine Ghost (11 minutes remaining)

Sel looks at the colors in her mind and realizes something. Standard electronic screens that are not monochrome can create nearly every color to the naked eye simply by combining the three base colors of light; red, green, and blue. When a electron for a hydrogen atom moves from an outer shell to closer to the nucleus, it creates light based on how far it moved, red being the the next outer shell, green being the next largest loss of energy, and blue light being emitted from electrons that come from the furthest shells. Unfortunately, this train of thought does nothing to help her figure the code out, yet. But she is determined that she will get the door open somehow.

"This door is has three codes for it, all of which are color coded. Red, Green, and Blue. I think that instead, I'm going to try and electrically bypass the panel." Sel tells everyone and pulls out a mini-tool kit from her backpack and gets to work removing the panel and triggering the signal to open the door. (Mechanical Engineering 1d100 = 25/67%, Basic Mechanics 1d100 = 14/52%, Basic Electronics 1d100 = 46/67%, Electrical Engineering 1d100 = 74/72%)
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Naliyah » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = Original post: 1d100 = 15/51%
JIC (100): 1d100 = 78
JIC (20): 1d20 = 9

Conditions (at end of post): Ectoplasm (Vapor): 8:45; Naruni FF (5:45:00 remaining; 4 MDC / minute regained)




Mink wrote:"So any ideas who created an automated research facility for advanced bionic drone research and then left it on reserve power with an AI in charge? This isn't pre-rifts, not by any measure I can see. And I'd venture to say it's not human built either; though I think they are definitely humanoid - but I could be wrong there. Whoever it is, they didn't plan to be down here that long. No seats, no chairs, no desks, no water coolers, no bathrooms, no tables really - just lots of big unexplained gear with some basic monitoring stations. All the changes are made in those big cocoons. Question is whether the drones are formerly sentient beings or simple biomechanical constructs." She pauses a moment and then continues. "Note, I'm not really wanting answers to this, just throwing out theories and seeing if anyone else noticed the patterns."


The Shing shakes her head. "When it comes to bionic... anything, really, I'm not a font of useful information," she says out loud.

Max wrote:" Do you have any idea what it means?"


Ecks wrote:"Hey guys... got something interesting here... Anyone able to read this? Bri? Do you think it's a language or a code?"


"I can help with that!" says the Dimensional Lioness cheerfully, happy to assist as she casts the Eyes of Thoth spell. "In preparation for my travels from the Phase World dimension to Rifts Earth, I learned a spell that will let me read any language," she explains.

Eyes of Thoth
Range: Self or others by touch.
D u ratio n : 10 minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Eight
Thoth is the god of knowledge and wisdom of the ancient Egyptians and said to know all languages. This invocation enables the character to read and understand ALL written languages, modern and ancient. However, spoken languages are incomprehensible unless a Tongues spell is
also invoked or the character has an education in that language.


When Sel starts monkeying around with the circuits, she says, "Shouldn't we find out what it says first?" in a concerned tone.




Whatever the language says, Naliyah will read it out loud to the group.
Naliyah
Current Status
S.D.C.: 93/93
H.P.: 83/83
P.P.E.: 493/493
I.S.P.: 88/88


Ley Line and Nexus Point effects
Being Near a Ley line, within two miles, increases the range and duration of spells by 50%.

Being at/on a ley line OR one mile from a nexus point doubles the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can also draw an additional 10 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. Magic spells and effects (damage, range and duration) are doubled. Plus his own P.P.E. recovers at the increased rate of 10 P.P.E. per 1/2 hour, without meditation.

Being at a ley line nexus point or within 200 feet of a nexus point triples the range, duration, and damage of magic spells. The Mage can draw upon 20 P.P.E. (Double for LLW & LLR) every 15 seconds. The mage gets a +2 to save vs magic and HF. Spell Strength is +1. P.P.E. Recovery Rate is 20 per 1/2 hour without meditation.

Periods of Increased energy at a nexus point. IAW RUE.

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried

Always On:
  • Awe/Horror Factor: 12 (16 when roaring)
  • Sixth Sense
    Range: 90 feet
    Duration: Until the danger passes or happens. Bonuses apply only to the first melee round of the attack from the source of the sensed danger.
    I.S.P.: 2
    Saving Throw: None.
    The Sixth Sense is a power that gives the psychic a precognitive flash of imminent danger to himself or somebody near him (within 90 feet). The character will not know what the danger is or where it will come from, nor who it will be directed at when in a group. All he knows is that something life threatening will happen within the next 60 seconds (4 melees) ! The Sixth Sense is triggered automatically, without the consent of the psychic, whenever his life is in great peril or the life of somebody he greatly cares about (friend, partner, loved one, etc.).
    The Sixth Sense is only triggered by an unexpected, life threatening event (a trap or ambush is within 90 feet or a flash flood is rushing his way) which is already set into motion and will happen any second. The power can not be called upon at will to sense for traps or ambush. Instead, it works like an automatic reflex. If the character has used all his I.S.P. the Sixth Sense is temporarily rendered inoperative.
    Bonuses: The sudden flash of insight provides the following bonuses.
    All bonuses apply only to the first, initial melee (15 seconds) when the attack/danger occurs. Bonuses are lost in subsequent melee rounds after the danger is revealed.
    +6 on initiative roll, +2 to parry, +3 to dodge and the character can not be surprised by a sneak attack from behind.
  • Shing automatically sense supernatural good and evil within a 600' radius

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Saving Throw Bonuses
Saving Throw Bonuses
Coma/Death: +30%
Magic (varies): +8
Lethal Poison (14+): +8
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +8
Insanity (12+): +10
Psionics (as a Major psychic, Naliyah needs a 12 to save): +6
Horror Factor (varies): +4
Effectively impervious to disease
Fatigues at half normal rate
User avatar
Naliyah
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Selenidaria » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:46 am

(Rolls Held)

Naliyah wrote:"I can help with that!" says the Dimensional Lioness cheerfully, happy to assist as she casts the Eyes of Thoth spell. "In preparation for my travels from the Phase World dimension to Rifts Earth, I learned a spell that will let me read any language," she explains.

Eyes of Thoth
Range: Self or others by touch.
D u ratio n : 10 minutes per level of experience.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Eight
Thoth is the god of knowledge and wisdom of the ancient Egyptians and said to know all languages. This invocation enables the character to read and understand ALL written languages, modern and ancient. However, spoken languages are incomprehensible unless a Tongues spell is
also invoked or the character has an education in that language.


When Sel starts monkeying around with the circuits, she says, "Shouldn't we find out what it says first?" in a concerned tone.




Whatever the language says, Naliyah will read it out loud to the group.


Sel will stop remove removing tools from her backpack to remove the panel when she finds out that Naliyah knows a spell that will decrypt the letters for her, taking a step back and waving an arm to the screen where the supposed message is displayed, stating "Please, by all means. I knew that spell existed but I didn't personally know it and I didn't want to assume you knew it either. We'll just save me removing the panel as a backup method. Oh, and see if there is any significance to the color blue if you can."
Selenidaria
Selenidaria's Quick Glance Stats
HP: 30/30
SDC: 29/30
PPE: 93/155
ISP: 27/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

MR-10 Magefire Bolt Rifle 18/18 shots

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165


Image
Image
User avatar
Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:35 pm
Location: Google Hangouts: dragonfett2

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Underguard » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:14 pm

Conditions wrote:Location: ~50 miles inside of Shemarrian Territory. Underground Complex.
Time/Date: 03:42:15 (2 minutes have passed.); November 23rd, 111PA
Conditions: Stale air, dark with ambient light.
Bri Psionic Modifiers: Enhanced


Sel begins to work on a bypass for the door with Max by her side as Brianna and Mink survey the room. Ecks remains at the terminal and, after pointing out the unknown language, Nali moves closer with her magic. Casting her spell, she is able to understand the written words to be; Hello Who Are You. Sel pauses her attempted bypass before actually breaking into the panel and approaches the terminal with Max as well.

The group, now huddled around the terminal can see the lettering vanish after Nali reads it aloud. In the corner of his eye, Ecks is able to see what appears to be a camera gazing down at them rotate slightly as the new lettering appears.

Image

Naliyah translates this as it's appearing on the screen to read: You are like the others. You shouldn't be here.

After Naliyah reads this aloud, her, Ecks, Mink and Bri all hear the sound of an electronic lock disengaging right after she completed the sentence. As though whoever sent the message waited for it to be heard before opening a nearby door. The text changes once again showing, Image. Which Naliyah translates to the group as saying: Hurry.

Taking a moment to look around, Ecks, Mink, Nali and Bri can all see the light on the computer terminal Sel was about to crack open had shifted to blue.

What are you doing?


Butcher's Bill
    Ecks: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -22 M.D.C. from MB of Gladius Exo-Skeleton
    Brianna: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling); -2 PPE from Mesi, Globe of Daylight
    Selenidaria: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling), -14PPE ;; Carpet of Adhesion
    Maximillian: -1 Personal S.D.C. (from falling) ;; -8 M.D.C. from MB of Arrow Ride Armor
    Mink: See the Invisible: -4 I.S.P. ;;
    Naliyah: -25 MDC from FF
ImageImage
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
AA Professional Services GM || GIRLS GM|| Theme Song
PCs: Ronan (Spook Squad) | Culter (CS 40-4th) | Scythe (PW GR) | Kianra'Dea (Atlantis)|| EP Ledger
User avatar
Underguard
Game Master
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm
Location: AA Professional Services and GIRLS GM - nphilip90s

Re: Chapter X: An Adventurer's Survey of the East

Postby Ecks » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:42 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84/85%
JIC:1d20 = 2/1d100 = 22

Ecks is intrigued by the response. There is nothing he wants to do more than continue talking to the computer, but he looks to the blue light and remembers the people in desperate need. He isn't even sure if the AI can understand him, if indeed it's an AI. He only types, Thank You, in reply and moves to the hallway, keeping himself concealed from the turrets. Pulling a wrench from his pack, he tosses it around the corner, down the hallway to see if the turrets react.

Dodge if needed: 1d20+7 = 13,1d20+7 = 11,1d20+7 = 9
Ecks
Medals
Image

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
User avatar
Ecks
Group Leader
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:25 pm
Location: AAPS PC

Previous

Return to AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest