NEW YORK DOLLS

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: NEW YORK DOLLS

Postby Ecks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:32 am

"Yeah, it's been a bit for me too, but a bit more recent." an idea seems to smack Ecks across the face. "You know, I never thought to ask, but couldn't a magic user teleport there, get the chicken and return pretty fast? I mean the line can sometimes stretch a ways, but once they had the food in hand... maybe an insulated bag? Their fried mushrooms with the beer batter cheese would also be awesome." he says, hunger and memory clearly consuming his mind.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108
Combat Trench Coat:17/36
Mantooth Dessication Bullets 6 Rounds/2d6 S.D.C. pistol whip
NG-45LP 5D6+5 M.D.C 12/12 charges long e-clip
Vibro Knife: 1D6 M.D.C. Dmg.

NG-V7 main body 492/492 M.D.

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:03 am

(Rolls carried over)

In time, Sel manages to calm down enough to come out of Staci to assess the damage. She takes the helmet off of Chippy so she can breathe some fresh air before she comes out the side hatch on Staci. Her eyes are wide with fright as she keeps her gaze well below the horizon line, but that almost wasn't enough as she saw the wide open fields of grass and her breath caught in her chest again as she stumbled back into Staci, tightly squeezing her eyes shut as her breathing becomes erratic. She grips onto the handlebars on the inside of Staci's side hatch and steadies her breathing again. She feels around for Chippy's helmet and puts it back on before she stands back up from her knees, staring only at her feet and using her hands to feel her way around the Cargonaut, first inspecting the impact area, then going to personally apologize to Speakman about the accident, hoping he was alright. As she passed the now ruined wheel, she stopped and clanged her helmet against the side of the Cargonaut in frustration.

Sel once again willed herself into motion around the vehicle until she got to where Speakman and Mink were. "I'm sssooo sorry about that. The sudden change going through the veil startled me so much that I forgot to stop in time! I'm really soo sorry!" When Mink mentions fixinging the landscape, Sel snaps her head up to see what damage she might have caused to the landscape saying "Did I hit something else?!" But upon looking up, she saw the wide open spaces of the park yet again and gives out a little cry/shout as she stumbles backward from terror, curling up into the fetal position.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments
HP: 30/30
SDC: 30/30
PPE: 107/155
ISP: 21/37

Constant Effects: Mind Block Auto-Defense

CV-212 Laser Rifle w/ Thermal Imaging Laser targeting Telescoping
-Shots: 30/30
-Long E-Clips remaining: 3 (not counting the one in the weapon)

Blue Boy Power Armor
Model Type: NG-X44
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
Thumper Shoulder Assault Rifle (attached to armor) – 50
* Forearm Volt Disruptor (1, left forearm) – 10
* Leg Maneuvering Jets (2, small) – 12 each
* Vibro-Blades (2) – 15 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:24 am

Ecks is bewildered by Sel's display. "What's goin' on? You ok Sel?" he says look up at her stumbling form before she crumples to the ground. Is she drunk? Sick?. He stoops beside her. "Do you need help? Tell us what you need."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

NG-EX10 Light ExoSkeleton Battle Armor: Helmet: 96 , Main Body: 216, Arms: 84, Legs: 108

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:42 am

Between sobs, Sel manages to say "Soo... much... space... Too... much... space..."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:05 pm

"Space? Like stars and moon space?" After his own recent experiences he wasn't sure if she was talking about a similar event or something else. Just when the day seemed to be getting a bit brighter, they once again were brought crashing down. "Can we do something to help you? Bri, Mink, anyone? Ideas?"

"I could hit you with a pipe. It'd be a temporary solution but if I dent it, it's coming out of your paycheck." Ecks adds straight faced. Hoping humor might lighten the situation but seeing as she didn't know him that well, he wonders if she knows he's joking. Particularly being an elf, they might have a different sense of humor. Of course a lot of people have a different sense of humor. You know, in retrospect it probably wasn't the best joke to make.

He looks around to the others and shrugs while lifting his eyebrows. Ecks is faced with yet another situation that he doesn't have a solution for other than to weather it.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:53 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Selenidaria wrote:But upon looking up, she saw the wide open spaces of the park yet again and gives out a little cry/shout as she stumbles backward from terror, curling up into the fetal position.

Selenidaria wrote:Between sobs, Sel manages to say "Soo... much... space... Too... much... space..."

Ecks wrote:"Space? Like stars and moon space?" After his own recent experiences he wasn't sure if she was talking about a similar event or something else. Just when the day seemed to be getting a bit brighter, they once again were brought crashing down. "Can we do something to help you? Bri, Mink, anyone? Ideas?"

Victor is very confused by this at first and can only blink at the mage-mechanic as she sits and sobs. "Too much space?", he wonders. He glances over at her helmet and gets an idea. He scoops up the helmet and attempts to set the visor polarization to maximum...and promptly discovers it doesn't have that feature. "Fraggin' Chipwell...garbage...", he grumbles as he heads back over to the Sled, chucks the Chipwell helmet inside and grabs the helmet from his T-42 body armor. On his way back to the group he turns off the external cameras that allow for vision*. Once he reaches Sel he attempts to get the helmet on her head, "Hey now, let's get you back inside a bit, huh? Try this on...there's no space in here.", he doesn't fight her to get it on, but will try his best to get her to either put it on or let him do it. "I have no idea if this is gonna' work...", he thinks as he continues working with the Elven female.

Ecks wrote:"I could hit you with a pipe. It'd be a temporary solution but if I dent it, it's coming out of your paycheck." Ecks adds straight faced. Hoping humor might lighten the situation but seeing as she didn't know him that well, he wonders if she knows he's joking. Particularly being an elf, they might have a different sense of humor. Of course a lot of people have a different sense of humor. You know, in retrospect it probably wasn't the best joke to make.

He looks around to the others and shrugs while lifting his eyebrows. Ecks is faced with yet another situation that he doesn't have a solution for other than to weather it.

When Ecks mentions the pipe, Victor frowns over his shoulder at the AAPS leader, "Not cool man...".

*Note: The helmet does not have a standard visor setup, it's just a screen on the inside with a series of cameras mounted outside.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
NG-X67 Power Armor; Main Body MDC: [175/175] w/built-in
NF-40A Heavy Force Field; MDC: [220/220] ON
T-42 EBA; MDC: [65/65] w/built-in
N-F10A Light Force Field; MDC: [45/45] OFF
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
Automatic Lock Pick/Release Gun
FDD pocket audio recorder/player
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:13 pm

When Ecks mentions the pipe, Victor frowns over his shoulder at the AAPS leader, "Not cool man...".

"Ecks looks at Victor, but speaks to Sel. Come on, you know I'm jokin'. I don't think I could dent that pipe if I wanted to." he says, looking at Sel then back to Victor he reiterates, "Couldn't dent it if I wanted to... See it was misdirection. Most people would think... hmmm. Well anyhow..." Having employed his full comedic talents and still coming up short, he is happy to let Vic take point on this.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Special: For a great exchange Ecks, Mink, Sel, Victor get a +30% bonus to one skill roll. I’ll recommend some EP too, but I wanted something immediate.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Victor Singer » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:27 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Ecks looks at Victor, but speaks to Sel, "Come on, you know I'm jokin'. I don't think I could dent that pipe if I wanted to." he says, looking at Sel then back to Victor he reiterates, "Couldn't dent it if I wanted to... See it was misdirection. Most people would think... hmmm. Well anyhow..." Having employed his full comedic talents and still coming up short, he is happy to let Vic take point on this.

Still working with Sel, Victor can't help but chuckle at Ecks attempts to dig himself out of a hole. "I think you should stop while you can still climb out boss. You never where very good at jokes.", he says with a grin at Ecks.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/09/19/20170919114148-a1ea0357.png[/img]
[img]explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2018/09/19/20180919211445-7cc13e14.png[/img]
Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:07 pm

"I can't help it that you lack a refined sense of humor." Ecks retorts. "But it does look like she needs something more."

While he leaves Vic and whoever else jumps in on Sel's behalf, the word "space" comes back to him. He looks up into the blue sky. Space. It was a unique experience to him. It happened so quick he didn't get a chance to appreciate where he was at the time. I was really up there somewhere. While the vastness of the Mechanoid ship could make things seem small the thought that he had slipped earth's bonds kindled a sort of awe in him as well. He has concerns about how they touched his mind and lingering effects it may have, but at the same time his only real regret was not being able to see more while he was there. He realizes now that there is now a desire in his heart that will likely never be able to filled.

He recalls reading of the wanderlust that could take a sailor in ancient days and how poets and musicians romanticized it. He never understood it until now. Fortunately matters in the hear and now help bring his focus back to earth. His eye regain their focused assessment of everything around him. "So, she's afraid of space? Too much space? Is it just the sight of the sky or just knowing it's there is enough? Maybe it'd be better to put her back in the rig and one of us can drive her until we get to a building. Speakman, since you're a capable driver, why don't you be chauffeur for a bit. We'll come back for yours in a bit."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:02 pm

(rolls held)
"I've spent a lot of time in Ishpeming, yeah." She laughs. "I was literally working for Northern Gun before I signed on to this mission. And yes! The fried mushrooms! Oh those were amazing." The more she talks about the food, the more her youper accent reemerges. It sounds unintentional, but it is in fact a calculated step taken to sell her cover. Mink is from the nation of Ishpeming, though her chosen origin was a small mining village that had a recent tragedy that ended up with the entire village dead. It's been resettled, but the tragedy provides a great backstory for a girl who literally appeared in the corporate nation a year ago. Of course her love of Humbuckers is real. That place was amazing. She'd never tasted food like that in the NGR. Fried and baked chicken is a staple everywhere, but not like that!

'Too much space? Don't tell me!' Mink sighs, slapping where her forehead would be if it wasn't helmeted. "She has agoraphobia. Damn, wish I had known that. Get her back in Staci." She looks to Sel. "We'll bring you food, sweetie. Just go sit in Staci and collect yourself."
Mink, Freelance Intelligence Operative
Image Image
Current Identity: Mink
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:22 pm

Everything's moving so damn quickly. Now, Marcus doesn't consider himself easy to unbalance by any stretch of the imagination; during his time with Zephyr, he had seen his fair share of fucked up shit and weird bullshit nonsense, but ever since he'd arrived in Madhaven, it had just been infuriating nonsense and batshit crazy fucking about with barely any time to catch his breath. As perhaps the name should have indicated, it had been absolutely madcap from the word go, and he hadn't really had a chance to take it all in. Even now, he isn't really processing much of what's happening. The huge green areas and vibrant colours seem alien in the middle Madhaven...it was...he can't even come up with a word to describe it. Hell, it seems completely different from anywhere else in the outside world, at least different to anything he's ever seen before...but then, he's a city boy, so...is this what people in the country could see? He hasn't seen anything like it in his travels, but to think that this place could exist and be the only one in existence...they had to have modeled it after something, right? Somebody couldn't have just imagined this up out of nowhere, right? He knows that he'd never even conceived of a place even vaguely like this, not in the world that they live in.

The Knights make their departures - saying something or other about food, which honestly after everything he's been through in Madhaven thus far seems like a very, very bad idea lest he lose possession of whatever he decides to eat the next time one of those fucking storms hits - and he slips out of the vehicle they've been riding in, rifle in one hand cautiously as he tests at the ground beneath him. He isn't entirely sure what he's expecting, but it's been so long since he's seen anything even half as colourful as what's beneath his feet now that he can't help but be suspicious. It certainly looks like grass, at least, but that can't possibly be right. Grass can't possibly be this green. Grass was pale brown and yellow and a faint, faded, washed out green at best. To have something like this vibrant, practically fucking neon green seems almost unnatural in its coloration. Hell, part of him is still suspicious that this is all in his fucking head. It is, after all, called Mad-fuckin-haven, so would a mass hallucination really be out of the question?

He glances around suspiciously, his brow knitting into a frown beneath his helmet as he cautiously, slowly tests at the ground with one ginger foot, half expecting the floor to give way and suck them all into a Psychic Nightmare or some bullshit like that, but...no, the grass stays stable beneath his slowly descending foot. He puts his weight down on it, and once satisfied that it isn't some complex, sadistic illusion, he places his second foot down on the ground as well, eyes glancing about to ensure that nobody saw his moment of...less than masculine trepidation. He's an asshole, yeah, and he's a hothead, but he is not about to jump into any ol' death-defying situation. He isn't about to give the Universe the satisfaction of killing him in a humiliating way if he can fuckin' help it. He grits his teeth and takes a couple of small steps...and promptly gets supremely irritated at his own trepidation. Fuck this. This was bullshit. Nobody else was acting so fucking childish, and neither was he! He shakes his head in frustration, and stalks his way across the small clearing to the rest of the small group unloading from the other transports. "Fuckin' Madhaven 'n its psychic bullshit makin' me doubt my own fuckin' senses, fucking piece'a shit good-f'r-nuthin town..." He grumbles to himself on the way over.

Of course, at that moment, something else happens that distracts him from his grouchy, surly tirade against just how nice the place is. A commotion, just off to the side, by the exit to one of AAPS's numerous vehicles makes his head snap around and his legs begin moving towards the sound of the disruption before his brain even registers what is happening, old military and mercenary instincts momentarily taking over as he recognises the sound of somebody - presumably an ally, however temporarily - in distrress; apparently, one of the other members - one he had yet to meet - is having no short amount of trouble. For a moment, her sudden overwhelmed and blatantly terrified reaction makes him feel somewhat better about his own handling of the situation...but only for a moment. As he approaches, he hears the word "Agoraphobia," and he lets out a soft growl under his breath. Agoraphobia? fear of the outside? And they'd ventured to Madhaven, where you could be taken out of your vehicle at a moments notice by an insane motherfuckers rocket to the face? What the fuck was she thinking? He'd dealt with phobias back in the military and Zephyr, of course, thought they each had very different ways of handling it, but the most important thing to do is calm her down so that you can work with her. Nothing good will happen as long as she's curled up on the ground screaming at the sky. And from a more pragmatic viewpoint, it could draw unwanted attention; he's still not convinced that this place is entirely safe, and he'd like to tempt the Universe as little as possible. He arrives at the scene of the disturbance shortly, immediately stooping to pick her - Sel? - up in an effort to scoop her back into the vehicle she'd emerged from. "C'mon, you," He half-growls under his breath, "Le's get y' back in y'r fuckin' ride, eh, 'fore you do somethin' stupid. Y' ain' gonna come t' no fuckin' harm, don' worry." He braces himself for resistance - people in the throes of terror are not exactly known for their rational and logical responses to unexpected stimuli - as he attempts to hoist her back inside. Hopefully whatever she does will be shaken off by his Power Armour. Hopefully. Of course, it would be just his luck to get murdered by one of his new (temporary) "allies."
Here y' go, assholes.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Selenidaria » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm

(Rolls held over)

Sel begins to whimper more when Victor removes her helmet, but a few moments later, a different one is placed on her head and she begins to calm down even more. Since the new helmet didn't have any viewports, rather relying on a system of cameras mounted around the helmet and displays inside the helmet, the effect was like placing a paper bag over her head, which allowed her to start to calm down. As she was begining to calm down, she felt herself picked up and broght back inside of Staci. When she was on a solid seat of some sort (chair, floor, etc.), she lowered her head and removed the helmet, then closed the side hatch to Staci before she was able to take a breath of relief and let out a sigh of frustration. She looks to the power armored figure who brought her in and said "Thank you!"

Sel walked into the back area of Staci and started removing the pieces of Chippy, revealing the form fitting power armor flight suit that she wore underneath, which she removed next revealing no other garments under that. She took several long seconds to strech her muscles before stepping into her work overalls and lacing up her steel toed shoes, despite the fact that she wasn't going to need them for what she was going to work on next to ease her mind. She grabbed her electronics toolkit and set it on her workbench as she spun the chair there around so that the back was next to the bench. She pulled and Electrostatic Shock Discharge strap, also known as a strap on, sliding it over her wrist and plugging it into the grounding port that she built for her workstation. Sel opens the drawer of parts that held the components she needed to build a flying drone, something she had been planning on building earlier after someone had made the comment about being able to scout ahead. But things got so hectic so quickly that she was forced to temporarily abandon the project. As it was, last night felt like it was last year when it had happened, with everything that they had going on so far today.

Mechanical Engineering: 1d100 = 46/57%
Electrical Engineering: 1d100 = 85/62% +30% = 92%

She connects all of the various mechanical and electronic parts, including a dual mounted camera to stimulate stereo vision so that the operator could see their envrionment in 3D. If Markus is still there, Sel asks him "Hey, do you know how to fly a helicopter? If you do, do you feel like taking Scott I out for a test flight? Normally I would bond with it psychically, but I've become exhausted from this morning and don't have the energy to do it."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Well, the good news is that the not-so-wee-lass - it was rare that he met a gal taller than him, but this is obviously one of the exceptions; the good news is that even in her armour, she weighed significantly less than what he could handle, so carrying her hadn't been much of an issue - seems to at least have her head screwed on straight. He'd known people in the past whose phobias were much more...crippling in their severity, such that even glancing the subject of one of their phobias was enough to cripple them for hours, even after the phobia's presence had passed. There had been this one lass in Zephyr, Amelia, who was deathly afraid of spiders. Now, that was a sensible fear considering what some of the fuckin' spiders they came across in their travels could do to heavily armoured van, let alone a slight young woman, but if she happened to see one, she was practically catatonic for at least a couple'a hours afterwards. In retrospect, it had been a pain in the ass to deal with since they always had to ensure that there were no arachnids in a two mile radius around their camp before she'd step out of her transport (and more than once, they'd woken up to the sound of gunfire as she unloaded her weapon at a nearby tree, leaving it a smoking fucking crater), but...well, it had been hard to be mad at Amelia. She was just too sweet to remain in a bad mood with, no matter how hard you tried. Of course...he'd been somewhat less irritable back then, so perhaps he as he was now would possibly manage it. Just about.

But this lass? As soon as she got back inside, she seemed to calm down, and barely thirty seconds have passed since then and now and she's now walking about the inside of her transport as if nothing happened. She removes her helmet, revealing a bun of red hair and the telltale pointed ears and slightly angular features of an elf, which does elicit some surprise from Marcus; for one, an Elf with Agoraphobia? That's a new one. Second, well...he isn't proud of it, but for a moment his old Coalition Conditioning raises its ugly head and he feels very briefly uncomfortable in her presence. After all, the Coalition taught that Non-Humans are also sub-human, and that they are perhaps the biggest threat to human life on the planet. Now, of course, considering some of the non-humans knocking about - Vampires, Bone-Fiends, any number of Cosmic Horrors that want to eat your souls face off - they aren't necessarily 100% wrong, but he's traveled enough and been through enough that he knows that line is bullshit. But still, he spent his formative years in the Coalition, he was a member of the Coalition military for a while, so of course some of the conditioning is still going to be in place. He shrugs it off, though - again, he knows it's all bullshit - and simply watches her move about, deactivating and detaching various bits and pieces.

"'s not a probl'm," he says half-absently as he watches her scurry about her business. "Y' were givin' me a headache, 'n fuck knows I don' need more'a those, with those fuckin' Psychic Storms Skullfuckin' me ev'ry two min'tes." He shrugs off the "Good deed." Ok, yes, he sounds a little curmudgeonly, but there was no real venom to the words. It was more lip service than anything. He hadn't recognised it before, but she's wearing a fairly decent basic-issue Power Armour, if a little battered around the sides. But then...that's comforting. It shows that she's experienced, and knows how to handle her shit. Never trust any pilot whose equipment doesn't at least have a few dents and scrapes on it. The fact that she's stripping down to her flight suit does, of course, make him lift an eyebrow slightly, but...well, spend enough time in a mercenary company and you tend to lose your sense of modesty. He simply leans against the side of the wall, giving her an unseeable frown. Helicopter? How many fuckin' vehicles did AAPS have? And who the fuck was Scott? He gives a slow, considering nod. "I c'n fly one, yeah." He pauses. "Wha' d'y' mean, "Bond?" 'N who the fuck's Scott?" This girl is...rather weird, he decides quietly.
Here y' go, assholes.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Ecks » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:32 am

"Agoraphobia? That seems rough." Ecks says, replying to Mink's assessment. To say Ecks doesn't connect with Sel's challenges is an understatement. Even flesh and blood wounds are somewhat alien to him. Machines make sense. Even magic to a degree makes sense to him. This matter is something else.

Once she is packed back into Staci, Ecks peaks his head in as Sel and Marcus converse. "So, it looks like you're going to stay here Sel? Like Mink says, we'll bring you some food."

Stepping back out, he walks over to stand by Bri, grabbing Drake along the way. "Well, that adds another complication. Probably nothing much to be done is there?" he says to Bri in particular. Clearly he has come to view her as some fashion of cure all, almost like a grab bag of solutions. He also looks to Drake for his thoughts. "So what's your take on this place? Almost too good to be true isn't it? Hey, listen. I've not had a chance to really talk to you, but I had an experience while we were here. Too much to explain now, but something... alien.. touched my mind. I've had these sorts of violent urges, but they pass quickly. I don't want to further sow chaos. Bri knows and you know. Bri didn't detect anything obvious but in case I go crazy you won't be utterly blind sided."

The operator seems almost detached from his own issue as well. It's bugging him though. The thought that something else is in his head fuels his distaste of the alien. Almost like having a splinter beneath the skin, he wants to dig it out. While he doesn't agree whole-heartedly with the Coalition, his attitudes towards the radically alien isn't far off from their own. As far as he is concerned the Mechanoids were as bad as the Demons. They may not have been supernatural but just as evil and cunning. He regrets being unable to save the beings trapped in their transport systems, equally for their own sakes and then also to spit in the eyes of those monsters.
Last edited by Ecks on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 am

((Rolls carried over))

Victor smiles at Sel as she clams down a bit after getting the helmet on. But moments later when the new guy suddenly steps in and scoops her up before carrying her off to the broken transport he frowns at the guys back and mutters something about 'stolen thunder'. Standing up he looks over to Ecks, Brianna, Drake, and Mink asking, "Um, do we trust the new guy to be...alone with her just yet?", as he points at Sel's half-track. Victor lets the question hang rather then moving to do anything himself, "Don't want to actually look like I'm jealous...hell, why am I? I hardly know the girl! Stupid feelings...".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 am

(Rolls carried over)

Marcus Dulaclen wrote:"I c'n fly one, yeah." He pauses. "Wha' d'y' mean, "Bond?" 'N who the fuck's Scott?" This girl is...rather weird, he decides quietly.

"I can telepathically link myself to a machine and instinctively know how to operate it, among other things. And Scott is my newest baby that I just finished building. I decided to name him Scott because he's meant to be a scout, which is a one letter difference between the two." she proudly exclaimed as she held the hexacopter up, lovingly looking at it.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:49 am

Victor Singer wrote:((Rolls carried over))
"Um, do we trust the new guy to be...alone with her just yet?", as he points at Sel's half-track.

Ecks looks back at the half track as if startled out of deep thought. "Hmm? Oh, ah. Yeah, good point. I think he'll be fine. Stay if you want to. I'm hungry. We can bring you back some food too. Maybe a slice of bread? Half eaten drum stick?" He would mock him about the sort of teen-esque romantical posturing... but in light of his own in the recent past as he recalls something about those in glass houses. Instead he just smiles in amusement.

His treatment of Victor has always been a little different than everyone else. His responses were a little more biting and a little more familiar. As a character from his past, something in Victor brings out some of the bravado a younger Ecks may have had.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:00 am

((Rolls carried over))

Ecks wrote:Ecks looks back at the half track as if startled out of deep thought. "Hmm? Oh, ah. Yeah, good point. I think he'll be fine. Stay if you want to. I'm hungry. We can bring you back some food too. Maybe a slice of bread? Half eaten drum stick?" He would mock him about the sort of teen-esque romantical posturing... but in light of his own in the recent past as he recalls something about those in glass houses.

Still torn between looking over-protective-jealous and the need for real food, Victor chews his lip for a minute before responding to Ecks, "We just met this guy out there.", he now points to the Veil, "We know his name. We know he is angry pretty much all the time. And he was with a group who were in the middle of shooting at us or at least they were considering shooting at us. I dunno' Ecks...we might want to at least take a step back and get a better look at this guy first. I mean, yeah, he's been cool so far...but this is Madhaven. No one seems to act right here. I just don't think we ought to be too trusting too soon is all.", he finally winds down but suddenly blurts out, "And yes, I want some chicken...and bread...and whatever they have that passes for beer around here. Please. I''m going to at least stick around and watch over S-...our gear". He walks back over to the Sled and his power armor, glancing at the half-track as he passes it.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:38 am

Ah. She meant a Hexacopter. He looks at the small remote controlled scout copter from afar critically for a moment. From the way she's talking, what with all that talk of bonding and telepathy and those naming conventions...well, it's obvious to anybody who's had any experience with Psychics over the years that she's one of those Techno-Wizard bastards that everybody talks about. As he understands it they're fairly rare - he's certainly never met one - but exceptionally powerful when it comes to dealing with machinery. Now, his training means that he's no slouch in piloting most things that he might come across, but considering how closely she's familiarising herself with her work, and how much care and competence said Hexacopter was obviously made with...well, he has a guess that she would probably kick the shit out of him in a piloting match. He has heard that Techno-Wizards are all a little...off kilter, as it were, but he has no idea if that's just a rumour or Indoctrination or anything like that. The Coalition has a...rather strict policy on Psychics, so as a Psychic Elf, well...he was simply relieved on her behalf that they had not met during his years as a soldier. Though...given what has happened in Madhaven in the past fucking hour, he can at least empathise with the people who don't want to deal with psychic bullshit.

After all, an enemy who can invade your mind and fuck you up no matter how hard you train physically? That's fucking terrifying, in more ways than one. Still...he'd been years out of the Military. He is not about to let his early training colour his view of her. Thus far, she's given him no reason to distrust or dislike her, and as sour as he feels about the whole situation, it's time to nut up, stop bitching about it and play with the hand that The Universe has dealt him. Unfortunately for him, it looks like he's holding a Joker, an Eager Recruit and an old coupon for washing detergent in the middle of a game of Texas Hold Em, but...they're still better than the cards he's usually dealt, so it's time to man the fuck up and get on with it. He gives a slow nod. "Ah, I see." He looks at the Hexacopter again, but makes no move towards it. As he understands it, Techno-babblers get a bit protective and possessive of their "Babies," as they call them, and he has no desire to be murdered by his own Power Armour. "'t's a good build. Looks fuckin' solid, 't least. Hope he's fuckin' fast, though, or he migh' be followed up by Scott 2 Soon e-fuckin-nough." He pauses for a moment, then sighs. "I c'n give 'im a test run, bu' I think y' should do it. A birds firs' flight 's special, 'fter all. Should be enjoyed by th' builder, no' some fuckin' Johnny off th' fuckin' street." He shakes his head. "'n wha's y'r fuckin' name, anyhow? Can' keep callin' y' lass, or girl, aft' all."
Here y' go, assholes.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Ecks » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:56 am

Ecks nods. The stress of just being suspicious of everyone all the time could get exhausting. The environment in the garden just makes him want to relax. But of course, Vic was right.

Yeah. Stay. Maybe you can learn to speak his language." he says with a chuckle. Shifting his satchel on his shoulder, Ecks looks around for the supposed acolyte that will be leading them to food. "I am seriously hungry."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Brianna Clarke » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 15
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 76

1d10 = 4

Force Field Belt: 75/75 MDC - activated
Mind Block, Duration: 30 minutes, +1 to save vs. all psychic and mental attacks

Conditions
I.S.P. Multiplier: 78/170 (x10)

Brianna's gleeful reaction to the park intrigues the operator. "So this is what it was like back then? Huh. I have to say I'm surprised. I guess I had thought of major cities as just concrete and steel more or less."

Brianna shakes her head. ”A lot of New York City was tons of buildings and concretes, but there was tons of parks. Central Park even had a zoo! I got to visit it when I visited the city! It was great!" Brianna smiles happily as she remembers the long ago trip to the city.

She's a little startled by Sel's crying and freaking out. She stays quiet during this, as she doesn't feel there is anything she can do to help. Plus, the situation seems to be under control with Mink understanding what is going on and Victor and the new guy helping.

Stepping back out, he walks over to stand by Bri, grabbing Drake along the way. "Well, that adds another complication. Probably nothing much to be done is there?" he says to Bri in particular. Clearly he has come to view her as some fashion of cure all, almost like a grab bag of solutions.

Brianna looks thoughtful and shrugs. ” I don't think there's a lot we can do. If it makes her feel better to stay in Staci, then she should probably stay there for now. Back where I was from, you'd need a special kind of doctor to help with something like that.” Brianna adds, ”It would be nice to have something to eat. We can definitely bring back some food for Sel and Victor and... um.. what's his name? The swearing guy?”

Brianna Clarke
HP: 45/45
SDC: 25/25

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:23 pm

Marcus Dulaclen wrote:He gives a slow nod. "Ah, I see." He looks at the Hexacopter again, but makes no move towards it. As he understands it, Techno-babblers get a bit protective and possessive of their "Babies," as they call them, and he has no desire to be murdered by his own Power Armour. "'t's a good build. Looks fuckin' solid, 't least. Hope he's fuckin' fast, though, or he migh' be followed up by Scott 2 Soon e-fuckin-nough." He pauses for a moment, then sighs. "I c'n give 'im a test run, bu' I think y' should do it. A birds firs' flight 's special, 'fter all. Should be enjoyed by th' builder, no' some fuckin' Johnny off th' fuckin' street." He shakes his head. "'n wha's y'r fuckin' name, anyhow? Can' keep callin' y' lass, or girl, aft' all."

Sel's face was a mixture of relief, appreciation, and disappointment. Relief because of the fact that she was going to be the first to fly Scott after all, appreciation because Marcus was being considerate of her, it would appear at least, and disappointment because she was going to have to wait to test her newest design. "Well, thank you for your honesty. And he's just a prototype. I want to make sure I get the physical design correct before I start altering it with Techno-Wizardry. I have a few ideas of what I would like to do, with my final design being something that can scan and record it's nearby surroundings and make note of any mystical anomalies or concentrations that it detects, such as ley lines. But of course I would have to learn more spells to make it like that, so for now I am just going to have to K.I.S.S. it, Keep It Simple, Stupid. When we left MercTown, I had been told we were going to be escorting Mr. Speakman scouting the Eastern Seaboard, as well as investigating the visions in Bri's Mind Storms or as I started to call them, Brain Bombs. So before we left town, I had bought some supplies to tinker with, thinking we were taking a land route to here. It was only last night that I had found out that the Collegiate Arcane was opening a Rift at a nexus out side of town to a site not too far from here, so I wound up not having as much time to tinker with my designs before we got here than I anticipated. But perhaps I'll have more time before we return to MercTown." Sel cheerfully finishes. When Marcus asks what to call her, she tells him "Oh! Well, my name's Selenidaria, but you can just call me Sel." as she extends a hand to shake his with.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm

In retrospect, he probably shouldn't have commented on the design. He knows better than to get a techie and a designer talking about their designs and builds - they always get extremely enthusiastic and overly detailed when somebody shows an interest, even if the person they're talking to can't quite keep up - but it's entirely too late to stop her now. Thankfully for him, she doesn't start to go into the nitty gritty technical details of how it works and how it functions and all the small details that might make his head spin a little. He knows enough about machines to pilot most things that he might come across and he certainly knows enough to carry out basic maintenance and repairs, but...he isn't a mechanic, or an inventor. He never has been, and it's painfully obvious to anybody who might care to look that she is leagues beyond him in know-how. He could possibly - if he was so inclined - help her with the fiddly bits, sure, but he doubts he could say anything that she hasn't already thought of. That's fine, though; he knows his strengths, and he isn't about to get pissed off at his weaknesses.

Still, a scouting drone that could detect magical anomolies and disturbances? That would be extremely useful, especially in places like Madhaven where psychic bullshit seems to happen every few minutes. "Well, 't least y' have a pet project," he muses quietly. "Amb'tious, bu'...fuckin' useful, if y' c'n get it workin'." He pauses for a moment. Something she said...about...Mindstorms? He's heard that before, somewhere, but...well, they've all been experiencing Psychic Storms for a long-ass time. He suffered one as his transport crash-landed in Madhaven, and though it would take a powerful psychic to reach out that far...well, in Madhaven, is it possible that the background psychic bullshit magnifies the effects? He frowns, absently taking her hand in his for a strong handshake, before letting his hand drop. "Marcus. So...these fuckin' Mindstorms. They relat'd t' th' Psychic Shit tha's always knock'n us on our asses? 'Cause tha's gettin' on my tits. 'Ny fuckin' clue what th' fuck's causin' 'em?" He swears to The Universe, as soon as he figures out what's causin' 'em, he's gonna go apeshit. If he never suffers one again, it'll be too fuckin' soon.
Here y' go, assholes.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Selenidaria » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 pm

"Yeah,iIt's Bri. Poor gal, it's lime she's been cursed or something. The mages back in MercTown thought that the answers she was looking for were in Madhaven." Sel solemnly says, thinking of Bri's situation.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:11 pm

Marcus grits his teeth slightly, glancing out of the vehicle. There hasn't been another one in a while, so perhaps there was something about this place that stopped it from happening, but if this "Bri" is the reason that they had all almost died four times thanks to their asses being knocked the fuck out in a dangerous location, then she was a danger to AAPS as a whole. But, more importantly, she's a danger to him. That the asshole in charge didn't think to mention it makes him suspicious - that seems like a pretty big fucking thing to mention when somebody agrees to join up with your group - and he'll certainly be having words with him later, but...he needs to make absolutely certain before he says or does something. Just to be sure. He'll do a lot of things, but hurting an innocent? No way in fuckin' hell. "So y' mean..." he begins slowly, "Tha' ev'ry time we've been knocked on our ass's by tha' psychic bullshi'...that was this 'Bri's' doin'? She's th' reason we crashed so m'ny fuckin' times?" She was the reason his last crew were massacred? Oh. He and Captain Stick-In-The-Ass were gonna have fuckin' words.
Here y' go, assholes.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:16 pm

PRISONERS WITH JOBS
Speakman knocks on the interior hatch of Staci and hollers into the cargo area, "Sel, are you okay if I move this rig into the Garden. We can fix the Cargonaut later." He starts to open it as he's talking, sees naked Sel, and quickly shuts the door again. "Errrr....I'll get the truck moving..." A few moments later there is a brief grinding of gears and then Staci lurches into motion.

The halftrack pulls into the Garden, coming to a standstill right next to a wall inside. Speakman taps on the door one more time, "We're parked I guess someone will bring you two food."

The Speakman joins, Ecks, Vic, Mink, Bri and Drake at the little sitting area. He make a few awkward excuses for Sel and Marcus and then shuts up.

He sits down and puts his head in his hands. "I never thought any of this would be like...this."

Moments later a trio walking from the south towards the group, each carrying a large basket and several earthenware bottles. As they approach it quickly becomes clear that there is knight-type figure, human, bald, age indeterminate, a little less than six feet tall, and probably a man, but that is ambiguous. Trailing him are a younger human man and a younger human woman, and the seem definitely to be in training.

"Greetings," the bald person says, "I am Keeper Stone, we are pleased to welcome you to the Garden." The Keeper is about as formal as one can be. With a gesture from the Keeper the two young acolytes bring the baskets forward. They hand each AAPS member one of the earthenware bottles--they are warm. Next out of the basket are cloth wrapped bundles of small but fat and delicious looking roast chickens. They are also provided with a bowl of some sort of salad with a variety of fresh looking vegetables and legumes. But probably the best part is that everyone is provided with another bundle with several blueberry tarts inside. There is enough for everyone, even the people holed up in the half track.

"Enjoy the meal. The tea has been infused with the White Rose, you will find it quite rejuvenating," Keeper Stone says. "The council will be assembled in a half hour, please rest if you can. Feel free to wander the pathways." With a gesture the Keeper and the two acolytes turn and return down the path.
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:31 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 42/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 94

Ecks takes a seat with the others at the table as well as Speakman. Voicing his disillusionment with what's left of New York, the operator nods in agreement. "It is a bit intense isn't it?" he says, almost oblivious to the understatement. "And think, we're just starting. I'm betting this will be a bumpy ride." he adds with a mildly amused smirk on his face. No doubt he enjoys teasing Speakman just a little bit. However Madhaven in its whole makes all other disagreements with Speakman utterly trivial by comparison. The thoughts of food however seem to keep his focus and he spins around to give the trio his full attention.

As the items are placed before him, his eyes shine with anticipation. The aroma is seductive to Ecks. Only Keeper Stone's comments about a white rose seem to catch his attention. "White Rose? I've never heard of it. But if it is refreshing, why not? Thank you Keeper Stone, this looks fantastic!" he says, doubting that a Rose flavored tea would be good at all but pleased with the rest. The chicken is what he really wants. For many minutes he does not speak, but only consumes. Taking a bite of a tart he remarks, "Now these are surprisingly good! As is the tea. I was expecting something bitter.

1d100 = 19
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:27 am

Marcus Dulaclen wrote:Marcus grits his teeth slightly, glancing out of the vehicle. There hasn't been another one in a while, so perhaps there was something about this place that stopped it from happening, but if this "Bri" is the reason that they had all almost died four times thanks to their asses being knocked the fuck out in a dangerous location, then she was a danger to AAPS as a whole. But, more importantly, she's a danger to him. That the asshole in charge didn't think to mention it makes him suspicious - that seems like a pretty big fucking thing to mention when somebody agrees to join up with your group - and he'll certainly be having words with him later, but...he needs to make absolutely certain before he says or does something. Just to be sure. He'll do a lot of things, but hurting an innocent? No way in fuckin' hell. "So y' mean..." he begins slowly, "Tha' ev'ry time we've been knocked on our ass's by tha' psychic bullshi'...that was this 'Bri's' doin'? She's th' reason we crashed so m'ny fuckin' times?" She was the reason his last crew were massacred? Oh. He and Captain Stick-In-The-Ass were gonna have fuckin' words.

"Hey, don't you think it's just as bad for her? It's not like she has any control over this! Do you think she wants this happening to her and everyone she's around? THE WHOLE REASON THAT WE CAME HERE IS TO TRY AND HELP HER GET CURED! But of course you don't think of anyone but your fucking self, you gods damned selfish asshole! So if you don't like our group because one of us is an inconvenience to you, that's your fucking problem! We're trying to solve this problem with as little loss of life as possible, but we can't predict the future with any degree of certainty." Sel shouted in defense of Bri. She turned to the side hatch on Staci and opened it and immediately stopped. In her rage, she had forgotten to avert her eyes from the wide open fields and sky and was about to turn back around, then she saw Marcus still standing there, and she defiantly grabbed her parasol and stormed out of her home, using her anger towards the Marcus to force back her fear long enough to reach the castle.

Sel storms into the castle and breaks down sobbing and crying, mostly due to the stress from Marcus.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Marcus Dulaclen » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:50 pm

...well that went from 0 - 100 pretty fuckin' fast. As far as he's aware, he hadn't said anything particularly aggressive or selfish. Ok, yeah, he'd been thinking some fairly unkind thoughts, but in all honesty they'd not been directed at this unknown woman. He's more pissed at Stick In The Ass and Soldier Boy for not thinkin' to fuckin' tell him the risks when he joined up. And honestly? Yeah. Yeah, he did kinda fuckin' blame them because they were the reason that his last crew all ended up fuckin' dead, and thanks to that Psychic Bullshitstorm, he'd almost died three fuckin' times. And she dared to lecture him on being selfish and only thinkin' about himself? Really? He doesn't know these assholes and he has no real reason to fuckin' care, either, 'specially not when they lie to him by fuckin' omission and leave out key fuckin' details about what they're doing and why. They all knew the source of this bullshit, and nobody had thought to tell the new guy the risks when he signed on? That was pretty bloody good reason to be pissed off. 'N this bitch decides to go off at him for accurately summing up the fuckin' situation? Of course, she tries to storm off after screaming at him like a fuckin' psycho, but he ain't havin' it. Standing by the door, he's in the perfect position to grab her arm as she tries to storm past him, using his superior size and his Power Armours weight to shove her back.

"Listen here, girl. Y' don' get to talk t' me like that, arright? Y' don' get t' treat me like shit jus' because you don' like that y'r girlfriend is fuckin' people over. It ain' my fault that I wasn' told th' risks when I signed up, and it ain' my fault that this Bri Bitch caused th' deaths'a my last crew. So y' know wha? Take y'r fuckin' self righteous bullshit, 'n shove it up y'r ass. I'm here now, I'm stuck. Bu' if y' wanna blame me f'r bein' pissed tha' I was 'ffectively tricked into this bullshit by the same crew that 'ssent'ly killed my last one? Well, fuck y', and stay th' fuck away from me. Arright? 'Cause I ain' about to take shit f'r bein' pissed tha' I've been taken f'r a fuckin' ride, 'n you need t' step th' fuck off. So kindly fuck off, yeah?" He gives a sharp snort and a shake of the head. Honestly, help her out and this is the thanks he gets. Crazy bitch. This is why he can't fuckin' stand people; try t' do somethin' nice, and it just ends up blowin' up in y'r fucking face. People are all nice and cuddly when y'r doing shit for 'em, but as soon as y' say one thing that they don' like, suddenly y'r the biggest asshole on the planet. Well, fuck that. Turning, he extricates himself from the transport, hopping down onto the grass - rifle in hand - before moving off towards the outskirts of the makeshift camp. He can see the others moving off in the distance, but he doesn't go towards them. He needs to calm down a little before kickin' Stick In The Asses ass over his little deception. Not because he gives a shit what he thinks, but because they're all undoubtedly gonna side with their beloved Cap'n, and they have a lot more guns than him. He needs some alone time, for certain. He shakes his head, still seething angry, stalking off to make a perimeter of the group. This is Madhaven. He still doesn't completely trust everything in here, and he'll be damned if he gets caught by surprise in a fuckin' field, of all things.

OOC Comments
Perception (21%): 1d100 = 68
Here y' go, assholes.
Marcus Dulaclen

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 7, 1d100 = 49

1d10 = 6

Conditions

"Enjoy the meal. The tea has been infused with the White Rose, you will find it quite rejuvenating," Keeper Stone says. "The council will be assembled in a half hour, please rest if you can. Feel free to wander the pathways." With a gesture the Keeper and the two acolytes turn and return down the path.

Brianna takes the offered food and tea with a smile. ”Thank you for everything.” Bri sits down and enjoys the best meals she's had since she arrived on this strange new world. She'd never had White Rose tea before, but she finds it surprisingly good.

Sel storms into the castle and breaks down sobbing and crying, mostly due to the stress from Marcus.

Startled, Brianna looks over to where Sel is. 'Why did she leave Staci? Is that why she's crying?' Brianna wonders to herself. She grabs one of the baskets of food she had planned to bring back to Staci and heads over to where Sel is. ”What's wrong?” Brianna asks Sel.

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:16 pm

Dodge: 1d20+3 = 14

When Marcus tries to grab for her, ducks under his arm (assuming he wasn't making a serious effort to grab her), and sprints to the castle without bothering to grab her parasol instead of storming over there. Once inside, she collapses against Bri as she sobs. When Bri asks what's wrong, Sel tries to say "I'm so sorry Bri. I think he blames you for the death of his crew. I honestly didn't know he hadn't been warned!"
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:13 pm

(rolls held over)

Brianna blanches when Sel tells her that Marcus now knows that she is the cause of the mind storms and apparently blames her for the deaths of his crew. "Shit!" Brianna nutters, running her hands through her hair. Closing her eyes, Brianna takes a deep breath to quell the rising panic before opening her eyes. Looking over at Ecks, Brianna gestures for him to come over to where she and Sel are. "Ecks, it seems we have an urgent situation we need to deal with."

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:46 am

((Rolls carried over))

Victor is puttering around with his suit when Selenidaria suddenly comes running out of her crawler. As he starts to get up and follow her, Marcus comes barging out next and is in the worst possible mood Victor has seen him in. Caught between wanting to stop the merc and grill him and check on Sel, Victor decides to take the less confrontational choice and follows Sel.

Finding her at the table with everyone else Victor will try and sit down across from her, assuming there is a seat open there. He lets Brianna handle calming her down and instead turns to Ecks, "Boss, I don't know what exactly happened, but that new dude Marcus is plenty pissed off. He went storming off to I don't know were...with his weapon. Are we sure we didn't bring a bit of Madhaven crazy in here with us?". Victor looks around at the food and gathers up some for himself as well as collects something up for Sel and sets it down in front of her with the gentle suggestion, "Heya, eat something, might help.".

Selenidaria wrote:Once inside, she collapses against Bri as she sobs. When Bri asks what's wrong, Sel tries to say "I'm so sorry Bri. I think he blames you for the death of his crew. I honestly didn't know he hadn't been warned!"

Victor grimaces when he hears this and virtually growls, "Of all the dumbass...", he suddenly realizes now might not be a good time to say anything, looking at Brianna and Sel he says in a more moderated tone, "Sorry, I'll try and keep my cool. But, I don't get how he can even try and blame what happened to his last squad on any of us. I mean, doesn't this place mess with everyone the same way? Come on now, his last crew had to be having some of the same problems. They were in pretty shitty shape when we found them anyways."
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:04 am

THE GREAT AMERICAN MELTING POT
Marcus misses the food. He managed to stall Sel and get is say in but she eventually wiggled free and ran off. However, however, this is the Garden, and it's not Madhaven anymore. The pent up anxiety resulting from the perpetual insanity permeating Madhaven is gone, and his mind isn't crowded with the voices of tormented souls in a state of never ending agony. The slick, slimy feeling in the air that reeked of the supernatural is replaced with a wholesome, earthy feeling. So, whether he trusts the respite or not, he still feels a million times better after a stroll in the Garden.

Since Marcus is a topic of conversation, Speakman pipes up with a question, "This is confusing. I thought he was a prisoner of those bandits that we had to, uh, fight back there. Didn't we rescue him?" And then he says, after eating and drinking a little of the food, "I don't know if it's a good meal, but I do feel better."

Sel did land without her parasol in cover, freaked out long before making it to the nearest building. She found shelter in a shelter...a picnic shelter with a solid roof and half hight stone walls. It's not a castle, but she can't see the sky.

From Vic's point of view the half hight walls are great cover and gun positions. Bri, Ecks and Speakman move the few yards from their exposed location to the Sel-friendly one.*

Even with the stress going on, Bri isn't triggered to another mind storm. But she feels drawn, connected, somehow in tune with something in this Garden. It's very distracting, like trying to conjure up a memory that is stuck hovering on the edge of recall. It's not unpleasant but it is terribly, terribly urgent. The food helped calm her a little. More than a little actually.

The relief provided by the food and drink seems to be diminishing for Ecks as the tension starts to ratchet up. In his paranoia, he notices that the Garden residents are starting to give the group wider berth.

*Again for GM sanity.
ImageImage
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master

Postby Ecks » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57/85%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 43

Bri calls Ecks to action as the situation between Marcus and Sel boils over. Ecks nods at Brianna. "Yes, looks like it." He then grunts under the return to stress. He notices the people starting to give AAPS a wide berth.

Speakman points out their rescue of Marcus of sorts. Here is where Ecks stirs. "Well at the time we were all headed the same way... the hell away from there. This world is one messed up place. You know we've met a lot of grumpy customers to say the least. But he's human. Just a human with all of our faults. Marcus is hard to understand for me. Like really hard to understand as in I need a translator, hard to understand. But he's trying to survive." he says clearly showing his value for human kinship. However, he presses on.

Thumbing towards Mick, he says "We did all we could to make sure Mick and Anna made it back ok and we didn't know them to be trustworthy or not. However they were in need. Right Mick? There are people and things out there that will take advantage. But we can deal with them as we find them."

He turns to Sel. "You don't have to like him, but we're going to need to hang in there together for a while. You don't have to agree with him. Maybe whatever's happening with Bri had an impact, I don't know. It's all speculation. Either way, it certainly wasn't her intent and it looks like there's enough here to cause trouble without needing her to be a part of it. I'll have a talk with Marcus later, but what I need... or more clearly what I don't want is festering hatred. Give Marcus a few and Sel, I want you personally to at least reach an agreement to disagree. I understand you have issues with wide open spaces. He knows that. That's good. If you reach out to him despite your fear to at least call a truce then I think it will go far. There are things outside of here that would literally like to wear your skin like a new suit. Marcus' crimes thus far are pretty paltry by comparison. Do you think you can do that? Vic, it wouldn't be all bad if you went too. At the least he needs to eat."

Ecks words come out as hard as steel to his own ears. The whole leadership thing is still slowly settling on him but he understands the necessity. A rudderless ship is just driftwood. But is my rudder better than another? I am sure that we need to stick together. That much I know. This is the only way I know how to get that to happen.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Perception: 65%/1d100 = 46
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 97

As the others rush to deal with things, Mink actually stands up, locks her armor in place, removes her cloak from the front of it, and steps out of the armor. To those used to looking at the armor as her form, she seems...diminished. In fact part of her presence is her rather bulky and powerful form. Now, out of the armor, she has the smooth lines of a dancer or gymnast. The fact that her shirt still sticks to her from all the sweat earlier helps to hide nothing of her form, or the comfortable sports bra beneath it. Even her pants seem plastered to her. Unlike the rest, she spent the last attack moving, and picked that back up almost immediately. She sits and eats with gusto, though she savors the tea as it does its thing. As she eats, she watches how Ecks handles things. 'Interesting, let's all be friends, or at least not enemies. Classic approach of a father figure or doubtful leader. Wonder which he is. Decisive to be sure, but what is his motivation.'

Mink grabs a plate of food and some Tea and brings it to Sel. "Food's getting cold, eat yours. Man, I wonder if they have running water. I'd kill for a shower. Or at least maim." She smirks at the last bit.
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Tue May 01, 2018 6:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29% (45% base)
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC: 1d100 = 15

Ecks wrote:He turns to Sel. "You don't have to like him, but we're going to need to hang in there together for a while. You don't have to agree with him. Maybe whatever's happening with Bri had an impact, I don't know. It's all speculation. Either way, it certainly wasn't her intent and it looks like there's enough here to cause trouble without needing her to be a part of it. I'll have a talk with Marcus later, but what I need... or more clearly what I don't want is festering hatred. Give Marcus a few and Sel, I want you personally to at least reach an agreement to disagree. I understand you have issues with wide open spaces. He knows that. That's good. If you reach out to him despite your fear to at least call a truce then I think it will go far. There are things outside of here that would literally like to wear your skin like a new suit. Marcus' crimes thus far are pretty paltry by comparison. Do you think you can do that? Vic, it wouldn't be all bad if you went too. At the least he needs to eat."

Victor nods to Ecks as he finishes swallowing what's in his mouth, "Yeah, I'll tag along and bring him some food. I'll play nice with him so long as he doesn't cause trouble boss.". Victor finishes what's in front of him, then grabs an empty or near empty bowl and piles a bit of everything into it as well as grabs one of the partially full pitchers of drink. Turning to Sel he asks, "You ready to go or do you want to take a bit more time to relax?", he will either go with her now or eat some more while he waits for her and then head out alongside Sel.
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 01, 2018 8:11 am

((rolls carried))

As Mink performs the battle hardened warrior's version of a strip tease, Ecks casually moves his back to Mink as he speaks with Brianna and Drake. Lifting an eyebow at Brianna he continues. "Anyhow once everyone calms down I expect we're going to meet the council. In light of my own recent experiences meeting with councils is synonamous with 'We've got a job for you'". However if they can point us right, I'd be ok with that if it's not too onerous. What are your thoughts?"
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Tue May 01, 2018 10:12 am

(rolls held)

Upon Delivering the food to Sel, Mink starts peeling her shirt away from her skin, trying to get air moving under it, making her shirt into a fan, hoping to dry it out. She runs over and grabs the cloak she wears over her power armor and wraps it around her against the chill. "Well, they have to have some interest in fixing Briana to come find us in order to save her. I imagine they'll wrap up any request with that, that way even if it is too onerous, we won't be in a position to say no. Well Marcus might, but he's just a misanthrope, near as I can tell." She didn't NEED her enhanced hearing, given how close they are. One other thing her statement revealed, which surprised her. She felt an obligation to see Bri fixed that went beyond payment and the job. She'd allowed herself to become invested, somehow.
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Nodding at Mink, Ecks says "Yes. I think that'll be the gist of it. I don't know a thing about these knights so I don't know their agenda. I'm almost afraid to dig must yet. I wouldn't mind basking in the peace of this place for a little bit yet."
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Mink » Tue May 01, 2018 12:45 pm

(rolls held)
Mink smiles a bit at that, but starts to shiver. "Man, I've been out 6 degree weather before, but never so soaked. About need to drag out my body armor." She glances back at Ecks. "I can tell you their reputation and what they are reported to do, but that's about it. I will say so far they've done as they've said. But that's not wholly compelling truth. Sometimes you tell the truth up to a point to sell a con or double cross." She knew that well. After all her own "career" as a Northern Gun Loss Prevention Officer is a fiction, but it mirrors her duties in the NGR, so she can hardly be said to be lying.

If asked about their reputation, she gives the bare bones. "They are an off shoot of the more evil Mystic Knights, and have similar abilities. But their reputation is one of being protectors and guardians." (she'll also add anything else ML wants to add in)

Lore: Magic - General Knowledge: 65%/1d100 = 93
Image Image
Mink
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Tue May 01, 2018 6:17 pm

"I'm not even familiar with any mystic knights really." he replies. "But at this point i'm just hoping they do what they say. All I really want to know is the info they are supposed to have on the Lady so we can move closer to getting Bri cured and getting out of Madhaven." He looks around and strolls along some of the nearby paths, peaking at some of the close features so as not to be too far away when summoned.

"So, Brianna is there anything here you remember? You didn't happen to carve your name into anything here did you?" he says with a grin. The concept that she had been here before just boggles his mind.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Drake » Tue May 01, 2018 7:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/55%
Just in Case: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 24
Conditions: None.

Maniacal Laugh wrote:The knight gives Drake an wicked grin, the scarred wolfen face would be pretty frightening under normal circumstances. But he says, "Hiding here living is as good a way to put it too. I'm sure your group here will find a little respite here."

Drake just smiles at the Wolfen Knight. "We'll see... I've never really known any place to be truly a safe haven."

Memories Flooding wrote:Drake finds himself looking at a scene from his past. It's the Harsh Master's garden, and a young Drake is weeding among the plants. Drake is taken aback at how frail and weak he was at the time, this must have been real early in his stay with the Harsh Master. Drake can only passively watch as two of the older students approached the unaware boy.

Drake knew what was about to happen and their was nothing he could do to stop it, much like when he was that boy. Drake watches as the two older boys begin to beat the younger boy brutally for getting the simple job of weeding the Harsh Master's Garden. Drake watches helplessly as they punch and kick at him, he sympathetically feels each of the blows, knowing that he would be in bed for several days following it, recovering from the beating.

Ecks wrote:"Space? Like stars and moon space?" After his own recent experiences he wasn't sure if she was talking about a similar event or something else. Just when the day seemed to be getting a bit brighter, they once again were brought crashing down. "Can we do something to help you? Bri, Mink, anyone? Ideas?"

Drake thinks for a few moments. "We could blindfold her and wrap her in a blanket." Drake says quietly, unsure if it would even work.

Ecks wrote: "So what's your take on this place? Almost too good to be true isn't it? Hey, listen. I've not had a chance to really talk to you, but I had an experience while we were here. Too much to explain now, but something... alien.. touched my mind. I've had these sorts of violent urges, but they pass quickly. I don't want to further sow chaos. Bri knows and you know. Bri didn't detect anything obvious but in case I go crazy you won't be utterly blind sided."

Drake seems out of source himself when Ecks tells him of his issue. "I'll keep you safe boss. Even if I have to knock you out." Drake says with a smirk. I haven't exactly been sane this trip either.

"Likely it's just this place though, hopefully the Garden will sort us out." Drake say, but his voice betrays a sound of concern.

Maniacal Laugh wrote:He sits down and puts his head in his hands. "I never thought any of this would be like...this."

Drake sighs at Speakman's comment. "Yeah this was certainly unexpected."

Maniacal Laugh wrote:"Greetings," the bald person says, "I am Keeper Stone, we are pleased to welcome you to the Garden." The Keeper is about as formal as one can be. With a gesture from the Keeper the two young acolytes bring the baskets forward. They hand each AAPS member one of the earthenware bottles--they are warm. Next out of the basket are cloth wrapped bundles of small but fat and delicious looking roast chickens. They are also provided with a bowl of some sort of salad with a variety of fresh looking vegetables and legumes. But probably the best part is that everyone is provided with another bundle with several blueberry tarts inside. There is enough for everyone, even the people holed up in the half track.

Drake is amused by the food arriving though finds himself not hungry. Drake sips the tea and is happy that it taste good. He nibbles at some of the food, before deciding to save it for later, by wrapping it in a piece of cloth and putting it into his backpack. "I'm going to walk around a bit." Drake says before excusing himself from the group.

Drake walks away from where they had been sitting and begins to slowly walk around the grounds. Drake's eyes are looking at more of the how the people here survive, then the why, because the thought of no place really being safe continues to nag him.
Drake
"The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Katniss Everdeen EP
"Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves." ~The First Histories of Man.
"I hear black and I have no mercy." ~Drake, during the black rage.
HP: 40/40
S.D.C.: 87/60
P.P.E.: 27/27
I.S.P.: 31/31
Cyber-Armor A.R.: 16
M.D.C. by Location:
Shoulders (2): 11 each, Back/Shoulder Blades (2): 18 each, Forearms (2): 13 each, Thighs/Upper Legs (2): 18 each, Chest Plate: 58/58.
Temporary Conditions: None.
Armor:
Armoured M.D.C. Sharp Duster MDC: 28/28
Streetwolf M.D.C. Combat pants M.D.C.: 8/8
NG Gloves M.D.C.: 2/2
NG Track Boots M.D.C.: 6/6
Weapons:
TX-26 Particle Beam Pistol Ammo: 15/9 Extra Ammo: 3 FSE, 2 Pistol E-Clips.
Constant Conditions:
None.
Temporary Conditions
None.
Drake
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sat May 05, 2018 5:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8/31% (46% when dealing with magic, machines, or their combination)
Just in Case: 1d100 = 47/1d20 = 5

Sel sits against a post and slides down, drawing her knees into her as she vacantly stares at the floor as Ecks speaks to her. "It's not that I hate him, but the tone in his voice, filled with bitterness and tinged with hatred, maybe with a dash of regret, made me think of my father, with whom I had fought with many times. But I reacted out of fear, fear for Bri's safety and well being. I'd like to sit down and talk with him after he's calmed down a bit, but I'd like either someone else there to act as a neutral third party. I was initially thinking either you or Bri, but I feel that he's going to be too wary of Bri to feel completely at ease to talk, and since he didn't seem to know about Bri's Brain Bombs, I'm guessing he's not going to be very trusting of just about anyone else in the group, particularly you and Victor. Perhaps one of the knights here would be willing to step in as a mediator? But either way, while I may not be able to like him, I am willing to see what strengths he brings to the group, if he's willing to do the same with not just me, but all of us as a group. Actually, I think that is a fantastic idea, boss. Getting everyone including him to sit down and just talk. And no better time or place to do that than here and now, right? You know I'm starting to feel better, no wait I'm not, oh wait that's my stomach reminding me to eat, never mind, false alert. Ooh, food!" Sel's overall tone and demeanor started to perk up as she spoke to Ecks, sounding more and more like her normal cheerful self. She starts eating rapidly, almost to the point of wolfing it down, but she seems to be cognizant of the fact that she's in front of other people and tries to remember her manners.

After tending to her body's nutritional demands, she says to Ecks "So besides Marcus, who can fly a helicopter? Because I finally finished building a scout drone that we can send ahead and check out an area for possible dangers."
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Victor Singer » Sun May 06, 2018 8:16 am

((Rolls carried over))

When Sel mentions that she would prefer someone else go along with her, Victor looks a bit surprised for a moment, "Oh ok, whatever works for you.". He sets the food down near her, then proceeds to snag some more tidbits on the table for himself, "No sense in letting it go to waste.", Victor turns to Ecks and Brianna, "So, what's the plan from here? And how is your head doing Brianna?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Brianna Clarke » Sun May 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 5, 1d100 = 46

1d10 = 3

Conditions

"So, Brianna is there anything here you remember? You didn't happen to carve your name into anything here did you?" he says with a grin. The concept that she had been here before just boggles his mind.

Brianna shakes her head, ”No, sorry. Had I known then what I know now I might have.” Looking around, she says ”There was a ton to do in the city and I was only here briefly so I don't think there's anything I could tell you that would help our current situation.”

Brianna looks a bit confused when Sel suggests contradicting suggestions. ”I'm a bit confused. First you suggested we shouldn't talk to Marcus because he might be too wary of myself and Ecks and Victor, but then you suggest we all sit down as a group? Which plan do you want to carry out? I don't know how comfortable I am talking to him especially since you've told me he blames me for his crew's death.” Brianna sighs ”No, I can't fly a helicopter.”

Turning to Victor, she replies to his question, ”It's fine for the moment, thanks.”

Brianna Clarke

Constant Conditions
Sixth Sense
Mind Storm
Precognitive Dreams
Sense Water
Brianna Clarke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Selenidaria » Sun May 06, 2018 4:33 pm

"Sorry, what I was thinking if we did the group sit down was ask one of the knights here to act as an outside 3rd party, maybe figure out a timeline of when his crew was killed and where they were in relation to us." Sel tries to clatify.
Selenidaria
OOC Comments

Blue Boy Power Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head – 70
Arms (2) – 60 each
Legs (2) – 110 each
** Main Body – 165

Selenidaria
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ecks » Mon May 07, 2018 5:59 am

Ecks looks down at the ground for a moment, absorbing the all that has happened. He listens to Sel before responding. "Sel, I hear what you're saying, but you're overthinking this. As a human talking about another human, often one on one is the way to go. Sometimes vulnerability conveys sincerity. We can't sit down and mediate every time there's dispute. On this I need you to take point and work it out. YOU and HE need to work out the issues between the two of you. IF he has issues with Bri, we'll deal with that separately. If we were back in Merctown it'd be different. Right now we've got to be together on this. There's no time for pussyfooting. I can't make you go talk to him, but we aren't going to having any group hug sessions either. So either go talk to him or suck it up. Your choice." he says with a shrug, but obviously also a bit moody. The tea has worked something loose in his head. Many thoughts are moving through his head. The murderous thoughts that have flitted in the back of his mind are now more visible but much less intensity. It's disturbing none the less.

His dedication to his teammates is his foremost concern however. Much like his attitude towards his work, he has a single minded focus on doing what can be done for Brianna. The differences he has with Speakman over Mindy are unimportant to him and seem trivial at best. He knows he is changing a lot from who he used to be. Rather than the wide-eyed wonder he had when first arriving in Merctown, he now has purpose and agendas. He looks down at Peta's pistol and reads the inscription he had put on there, "Mantooth." It was a pledge of sorts or maybe more of a summation best described as a primal emotion. Whatever it takes to defend his friends, to defend the innocent plagued by the supernatural he will do. The supernatural nature of Madhaven seems to galvanize his determination to overcome otherworldly evils that stalk their earth now.

Looking up at everyone around him he gives a brief smile and eats some more bread, leaving Sel to her decision whatever may be.
Ecks
Medals

H.P. 61/61
S.D.C. 51/51

Sled main body 110/110
force field 285/285
Ecks
Group Leader

Postby Victor Singer » Mon May 07, 2018 7:07 pm

((Rolls carried over))

Victor waits for a quiet/silent spot in the conversation before asking, "Soooo...no group hug?".
Victor Singer
Gear Worn
Black military fatigues
Combat boots
Utility belt
Utility Belt
TX-6 Revolver
CP-30 Pistol
(4) TX-6 speed loaders
(4) Short E-clips
Credit cards
IR distancing binoculars
Demolition multi-tool
Wilk's PRC-5 radio
NE-RV02 Vibro-bayonet

Victor Singer
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

PreviousNext

Return to AA Professional Services