The Crawling City

Moderator: Augur

The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:13 am

Feb/2016 New Quadrimester Thread!


Location: Merctown
Sub-Location: Archer's Crash Site
Time: Roughly Noon
Weather: Clear

By the time that Jason and his M113 arrive, Sifnos has already found the man. Clearly he zigged when he should have zagged and he's now lying in a small furrow in the ground. At the very least he didn't plough right into asphalt but the damage has been done. The legs of his armor are bent in an awkward way and there is blood coming from inside of his helmet. Even Sifnos can see it's probably not good inside. Someone is going to have to get his armor off and get some sort of stabilization done immediately. Already a small crowd of bystanders are growing. Though nobody looks especially surprised as this sort of thing is sadly common for Merctown.

The M113 roars up in a cloud of smoke and the one thing that can be said is that it is running quite well. The old engine sounds good and hauls as well as an APC can and the creaking from the tracks and suspension are more or less standard.

There is a hospital nearby, but it's probable that he might not last to make it that far unless something is done /now/.

OOC: If Archer is not stabilized this pose, he will die, end of story. We have done our best to get ahold of the player via YIM, messaging multiple accounts, etc. If he is stabilized and posts by next week he can join on the adventure, if he is stabilized and doesn't post he'll be removed. It will have been a month at that point since his last post. Nobody has heard from him on any of his characters since January 14th. Stabilization will require a successful roll of a relevant medical skill and then appropriate save vs coma rolls from Archer himself. Once this is dealt with, we'll head on the adventure.
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:18 pm

Rufus keys his comlink as well. "Doc, I got your stretcher pod on the scene and can evac him to the hospital. Please advise."


Sifnos looks over the wreckage. "He's a hot mess Rufus. We should bundle him up and haul ass to the hospital. I can cut him out of the jetpack. As for the armor and clothes, the hospital should have specialty equipment to extract him more carefully than my tools. Grab the stretcher while I get him out of this "
Sifnos grabs a knife and cuts the harness from the jetpack leaving the straps on the body.
When Rufus returns with the stretcher he helps load Archer into it and load him onto the transport.
Sifnos turns to Jason. "I dunno boss, I'm a mechanic not a doctor but he isn't looking to good. we should get goin on this mission before anything else happens."
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 14:
13

JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
71


Sifnos wrote:Sifnos looks over the wreckage. "He's a hot mess Rufus. We should bundle him up and haul ass to the hospital. I can cut him out of the jetpack. As for the armor and clothes, the hospital should have specialty equipment to extract him more carefully than my tools. Grab the stretcher while I get him out of this "
Sifnos grabs a knife and cuts the harness from the jetpack leaving the straps on the body.
When Rufus returns with the stretcher he helps load Archer into it and load him onto the transport.
Sifnos turns to Jason. "I dunno boss, I'm a mechanic not a doctor but he isn't looking to good. we should get goin on this mission before anything else happens."


Rufus nods and runs back to the pod. "This is NOT how I planned on using this thing today..." He jumps on and flips the stretcher controls almost at the same time he fires up the engine and slides to a stop alongside Archer's shattered form. "Hang on, I'll make sure he doesn't fall off on the way. Lentesco vestis!" He gestures at the stretcher as a semi-opaque film materializes on the surface. "That's an adhesion spell, kinda like magic flypaper," he says to both Sifnos and Jason. "It'll keep him stuck tight better than any straps you could put on him. Just be careful not to touch it yourself, or else you're coming along for the ride."

Once Archer's secured to the stretcher, he whips out his map to find the location of the hospital. "Wolvenar's hairballs, where the sranje is the doc? Either of you heard from him?" He keys his comlink again. "Doc! Doctor Marcus Hawk! Of the fur-bitin' Templar! Do you copy? We have Archer loaded up and are en route to -- what's it called? Oh yeah -- MercTown State Hospital. Meet us there! Over."

Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
29
/67%

He hops back on the pod and looks over at the guys as he lowers his goggles. "Somebody call the hospital and tell 'em to be looking for a fox on a hoverbike coming in hotter than a dragon's belch. Probably should call the guards and tell them too. Then shake your tails and follow as best you can."

With that, he guns the engine and streaks off as fast as he can towards the hospital. Please, don't let us be too late...

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100:
88
/89% (well that was close...)


((OOC: I assume we need to keep things here in this thread and not in the MercTown State Hospital one, but if need be I can start posting over there instead.))
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
20
/ 1d100:
19


Skills used:
Medical Doctor--108/110% Rolled: 1d100:
71


Shopping done, Marcus takes is enjoying a low level flight back to the farm with as the others drive back and Archer tests out his new jet pack. Getting himself mentally ready for the new mission when the radio crackles.

Sifnos wrote:Sifnos comes to a quick stop at the downed pilot and runs up to him. Recognizing it as Archer he gets on the radio again and calsl for help. "Its Archer, Man Down, Doc to my coordinates hurry hurry, he's in bad shape.


Rufus wrote:Relieved that he's not the only one who saw it happen, Rufus keys his comlink as well. "Doc, I got your stretcher pod on the scene and can evac him to the hospital. Please advise."


Rufus wrote:Once Archer's secured to the stretcher, he whips out his map to find the location of the hospital. "Wolvenar's hairballs, where the sranje is the doc? Either of you heard from him?" He keys his comlink again. "Doc! Doctor Marcus Hawk! Of the fur-bitin' Templar! Do you copy? We have Archer loaded up and are en route to -- what's it called? Oh yeah -- MercTown State Hospital. Meet us there! Over."


Queing the radio Marcus answers back "I am on my way, I can get to you faster then you can get to the Hospital. ". With that done, the good doctor kicks in the speed and booms back to Meet up with the others. At seeing the the downed man, Marcus will suggest they land and if so looks his teammate over quickly to asses the damage while thinking, "Not even in combat and we have a downed man, I know a bode when I see one.". Assuming Marcus can do so without harming the archer more, the good doctor will pull out a Medium Healing Bandages (Adventures in Dino Swamp 156) and activate it on the downed Archer to start the healing process. Once Archer looks out of the woods so to speak, the good doctor will start normal medical treatment to get the wounded man to the pint that they can move him into the house and get him into bed.

As Marcus is working he will look to the other in the group sand ask some basic questions. "Do we know what happened. Well I can tell he hit something very hard, very fast. A crash I suspect but do we know what caused it? Archer mentioned he new what he was doing with this contraption. I know it probably isn't the same as driving the hover car to the store but just flying home shouldn't have caused a crash. Was he shot down? Was the jet pack defective? I watched him fairly closely while we were in town i I don't think he got himself inebriated but I'll check the blood work to be sure."

Once Archer is in the house and treated properly, Marcus will crack out the portable lab, run the basic post accident tests and make a report to Jason about his findings.

((If they are closer to the hospital or if it is better got plot reasons to take Archer to the hospital then we can head there.))
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:53 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 6:
4

JIC: 1d20:
17
1d100:
18


Kilo can't really place how long he dug. He had a monstrous hole though and without knowing it the ogre had started to shape it and really take pride in it. sweating and covered in dirt, he is pulled from his digging when Jason pulls up in the Tempar's new APC. As requested, Kilo jumps inside and sees that its not the most comfortable ride but he will at least fit. Looking at Jason Kilo says, "Good boss, Kilo ride top if have to."

Looking around and seeing that it looked like everyone was close to being ready to leave, the ogre dons his newly repaired armor and brand new clubs. Smashing the clubs together he smiles and says, "Kilo ready!!"

That's when all hell breaks loose over the radio. Kilo immediately jumps into the APC and takes one last look of longing at his hole as they drive away. I will be back and that will be the most amazing hole anyone has ever dug when I'm finished with it. The ogre does his best to stay out of the way when they find Archer as he has absolutely no skill to help out in this situation. As the whole group worries over the downed human Kilo accidentally blurts out, "Fuuuuck!! I no want human die but first lady go crazy, now man kill himself." Looking up to the sky he adds, "By The Great Maw, will we every get to fight anything!!!!?" As if just hearing his own words the ogre puts a hand over his mouth and says, "Sorry."
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 7:
4

JIC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
79


The farm reconstruction rolls along smoothly. The people he hired really know their stuff. “I'll have to thank the Sheriff again once this is all done.” he thinks to himself. After hearing some of the workers placing bets on just what the Ogre is digging the hole for, Hours starts over toward him, when Jason arrives and he decides to watch the huge Ogre get in and out of the back.
While Jason plays with his new toy, Hours heads into the house and then the radio goes crazy with everyone yelling on it about the new guy and a jet pack. Jason then calls them to head into town. Hours holds on for dear life as Jason guns the transport, taking corners faster, he's sure, than is recommended.
When they arrive and push though the crowd that's gathered to watch, Hours gets his first good look at Archer. “Good god almighty damn.” he blurts out. See Doc there, he turns his attention to crowd control. “Alright people, nothing to see hear. Step back and let's give the guy some room.”
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Somewhere along the line, Rufus and Marcus meet up. Everyone goes to work to get Archer's armor off and get him unloaded and then bandaged.

It basically becomes a flurry of trying to save Archer's life and although Marcus knows that his work was good (Medical roll successful) it's not entirely in his hands anymore. They will have to deliver him to the hospital for further work. But for the moment he is probably not going to die. Probably. (If Archer does not return, he will fail his save vs coma rolls and die)
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:43 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20:
19

JIC: 1d20:
19
/1d100:
59

PPE: 204/224

Rufus narrowly avoids crashing himself as he takes off. Whoa! This thing's butt-heavier than I thought with company on board... he says to himself as he rights himself and starts to get airborne. Before he can get far however he sees the motion blur of the doc streaking in. "No wonder you don't use this hover pod much, Doc..." he mutters under his breath as he circles around and touches back down at the crash site.

Once down and stopped, he helps as best he can getting Archer prepped for Marcus to do that voodoo that he do so well (including canceling the CoA spell).

Marcus wrote:As Marcus is working he will look to the other in the group sand ask some basic questions. "Do we know what happened. Well I can tell he hit something very hard, very fast. A crash I suspect but do we know what caused it? Archer mentioned he new what he was doing with this contraption. I know it probably isn't the same as driving the hover car to the store but just flying home shouldn't have caused a crash. Was he shot down? Was the jet pack defective? I watched him fairly closely while we were in town i I don't think he got himself inebriated but I'll check the blood work to be sure."


Rufus shakes his head. "Hard to tell. One moment he's just hovering there talking, the next moment he's all over the sky like a crazed mosquito and then he's trying to dig his own grave with his face. He didn't sound or smell like anything was wrong -- well, any more so than normal anyway."

After Marcus has done all he can Rufus once again casts the spell and hops back on the pod to get him to MercTown State Hospital.

((Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100:
4
/89%))
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Perception: 1d20:
18

JIC:1d20:
2
/1d100:
47


Jason pulls up to the crash site in time to see Rufus fly off with Archer. He walks over to Sifnos, "Sif, what's the word on Archer? Any idea what happened?" Jason looks around trying to determine how Archer crashed. That was a pretty catastrophic crash, I wonder if it was the jetpack, enemy action, or pilot error. Damn it, we don't have time for this.

Jason helps Sifnos load the jetpack and any more of Archer's gear that was left behind. He radios to Rufus and Marcus, "Will you get me an update when you get Archer to the hospital? Then head back to the base. Harsh as it sounds, we are going to have to leave him in their care and do the job."

((Radio:Basic--82% / 1d100:
35
))

Kilo wrote:"Fuuuuck!! I no want human die but first lady go crazy, now man kill himself." Looking up to the sky he adds, "By The Great Maw, will we every get to fight anything!!!!?" As if just hearing his own words the ogre puts a hand over his mouth and says, "Sorry."


Jason smiles at Kilo's outburst, "I feel like fighting something or blowing something up too. Once they get Archer situated at the hospital, we leave on the job. Then there should be something for you to fight." Jason then herds the rest of the Templar back to the vehicles and returns to the base so finish gearing up.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 15:
12

JIC: 1d20:
14
1d100:
37



"Do we know what happened. Well I can tell he hit something very hard, very fast. A crash I suspect but do we know what caused it? Archer mentioned he new what he was doing with this contraption. I know it probably isn't the same as driving the hover car to the store but just flying home shouldn't have caused a crash. Was he shot down? Was the jet pack defective? I watched him fairly closely while we were in town i I don't think he got himself inebriated but I'll check the blood work to be sure."


"All Fine questions Doc I will let you know."
With Archer loaded up and Doc on scene handling the medical, Sifnos turns to the wreckage of the jetpack and starts carefully going through it to see if he can spot any sign of an attack or sabatoge.
Course if they are really good I won't be able to find any sabatoge but I still have to try

Carefully pulling the wreckage out of the crater he gets help to load it into the van then heads to the barn to start his inspection.
At the barn he unloads and starts filling tables with parts and pieces and tries to get an overview of the machine and what exactly happened to it.


Electrical Engineer-- 72% 1d100:
45
Pass

to look for remote controls or control tampering

Basic Mechanics -- 62% 1d100:
35
Pass

for structural soundness all the bolts in the right spots worn or fatigued components

Aircraft Mechanics -- 57% 1d100:
12
Pass

To determine if any critical flight components are missing or damaged more than the crash should have caused.

Demolitions -- 63% 1d100:
89
Fail

Any suspicious blast patterns or bullet holes
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:01 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 19:
16

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
100


Jason Long wrote:...Jason smiles at Kilo's outburst, "I feel like fighting something or blowing something up too. Once they get Archer situated at the hospital, we leave on the job. Then there should be something for you to fight." Jason then herds the rest of the Templar back to the vehicles and returns to the base so finish gearing up.


Hours climbs back into transport hoping for a calmer ride back to base. "Well, that was exciting." he thinks to himself. As they drive though MercTown, a thought suddenly comes to the cowboy. Snapping his fingers he leans over to Jason and says. "I wish I'd picked up a shotgun for this mission. They're useful against bugs."
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:57 pm

The next little while is very busy for the Templar.

It takes some time to get Archer situated into the hospital. He is still breathing when the group last sees him but that is all that can be said. He's hurt pretty bad. Two broken legs and a fractured skull. If the man will be alive again when the intrepid explorers return is up to fate and lady luck. The medical staff say they will do all that they can but there is no point in waiting around and the Templar have a job to do. The appointed hour arrives and soon, Nakamura sends for them to tell them to meet them with their gear in one hour.

When that hour arrives? He has little to say. Everything has been discussed. He will step through with them and then open up a portal to the same spot exactly twenty four hours later. The mage seems somehow less frail than he did at the shop. Less old, dressed in a mix of MDC cloth and partial armor that gives him freedom of mobility and yet some protection at the same time. Fortunately for Kilo? The creepy old lady is nowhere to be found.

He seems to be in a hurry with a cursory greeting for each person in the team until he gets to Rufus. He shoves a package in Rufus' hand. "This is for you, Master Kitsune." He says and then moves off some distance from the party. He stands, staring into space and collecting his thoughts with his staff in one hand. Then he drops to one knee and draws a circle in the ground with the base of the weapon and begins chanting. It takes some time and even the most mundane of the party will feel their hair begin to rise on end as the magic builds. Abruptly, the man slashes downwards in midair as though the staff were a sword and reality parts as though it were severed. Reaching out, he grasps the edges of the universe as though they were a living thing like the lips of a great wound and pulls them apart... and so the bonds of the fabric of reality fail.

A great, gaping wound in space exists in front of the party. The edges are jagged, a soft and luminescent blue of magic unleashed. On one side? Merctown. On the other, a tumbledown and overgrown cityscape; a monument to the mortality of mankind. "Behold." The ancient man says. "Denver. Go quickly, now."

Nakamura steps through the portal and immediately drops to a lotus position, silent as the M113 and the rest of the party move along. Abruptly after a moment he stands. "I have properly fixed this place in space and time." He reaches to his wrist and presses a button. A second later, he pulls a stopwatch from his pocket and hits a button on that. Checking them to make sure they are in sync, he throws it to Rufus. "Twenty four hours. Do not be late. If you have questions beyond what we have discussed ask them now. I must return in the next two minutes."

Denver is in ruins. The streets are rubble strewn. Where there is no rubble there is forest floor as nature slowly but surely takes back what is rightfully her's. The decay of mankind permeates. No movement is in sight except for some birds and a pair of deer in the distance. Nothing on thermal or alternate scans. Denver is silent.

The part has emerged onto an old railway track that looks to be pretty much free of debris. This section of the city is remarkably well preserved compared to what is on the horizon. It looks to be several kilometers at least until they get to the downtown core.

What will you do?


OOC: Inside Rufus' bag are three magic scrolls, made by the Create Magical Scroll spell. All they need doing is read aloud which takes as many actions as the spell would normally take to cast. Please add these to your sheet. This is your belated reward for pleasing Nakamura and keeping the party's business contact together as discussed in the podcast. Each of these can be used once to cast the relevant spell before crumbling into dust. Also an ancient timex ironman digital watch was tossed at him. Effective spell level of 9 for each but it doesn't really matter I believe.

1 Restore Limb Scroll
1 Stone to Flesh Scroll
1 Heal Self Scroll

Image
Image
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20:
19

JIC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
9


As the old man does his thing, Kilo hangs a little farther back than anyone else. That old lady came out of nowhere last time to. I don't need to deal with that mind reading crazy again. Once the portal opens and the rest of the groups starts moving forward. The closer he gets the more amazing the whole situation is. Kilo handles his fear as any juicer and runs head long at it. Striding meaningfully through the portal he looks to the old man and casually says, "Fuck cool wizard man, fuck cool."

The instant the ogre is on the opposite side he immediately switches into battle mode drawing his clubs and scanning the area around them for movement or objects that might be out of place. He does his best to secure the area as the rest of the group starts arriving.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:11 pm

When Kilo next looks around? It's brief, but a gnarled hand with painted fingernails, clearly belonging to an old woman is waggling a finger at him through the portal. Just the arm though, the rest of her body hidden behind the luminescent blue edges of the tear in the universe. The hand is familiar though, as is the sleeve.

But it only lasts a second.

Or was that a mirage?
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:29 am

Perception: 1d20:
14

JIC: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
18


Jason drives the APC through the gate and waits for everyone else to get through. He feels the adrenaline rush he always gets at the start of a job in hostile territory. Jason pulls his binoculars out of his pack and quickly survey's the area, looking for potential threats and the location of the target building. He looks for landmarks to determine their location on the map and where the building is.

((Land Navigation--79% / 1d100:
17
))
((Intelligence--75% / 1d100:
81
))

Once everyone is through, he gathers them around. He is anxious to get the team away from the portal. If there is anything sensitive out here, I bet it picked up the rift opening. We need to move.

Jason says, "Here's how I'd like us to proceed. Doc and Rufus, I'd like you airborne. Stick to staying below the rooftops so you don't silhouette yourselves, but you are our top cover. You can spot hostiles or a better route to the building. Hours, I'd like you on point. On your horse, you can move far more quietly than the M113 and scout for us. Don't get too far ahead, 100 to 200 meters is far enough. Kilo, I'd like you to stick close to the M113 for now. It is up to you if you walk, ride inside, or on top. I'd prefer you to ride on top. That way you stay fresh and are an extra pair of eyes for us. That leaves Sifnos and I in the APC. Sifnos can drive and I'll man the weapons. We need to move right now in case anything picked up the rift opening and comes to investigate. If anyone has any comments, lets hold off until we are out of here. " Jason turns to Hours and picks a spot on the map about 1 kilometer away. He finds an area that looks sheltered from view [/b]"Start heading over here. We will rendezvous there. For now, lets just get clear of here." He looks to the rest of the team. "For now, stay as quiet as you can and keep radio chatter to a minimum. If you see a potential threat, stay out of sight and notify the rest of us. Do not engage on your own." Jason has a quick flashback of Asuka jumping into a pack of wolves instead of waiting for back-up.

If there are urgent questions, Jason mounts up. He stands in the turret of the M113 with his head out, so he has a better view. He waits for Hours to take point, waits long enough for him to get about 150 meters ahead, then has Sifnos start after him at the same pace.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:39 am

Initiative 1d20+3 = 11:
8

JIC 1d20:
3
1d100:
40


Sifnos listens to the mission brief then heads into the APC and settles in the drivers spot.
He waits for hours to get a good lead then follows behind him at a slow steady pace.

Pilot: Tanks & APC -- 65% 1d100:
4
Pass
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:19 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8:
6
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
86


Skills used:


It doesn't take long for Rufus and Marcus to get Archer to the hospital and round up their for the mission. Once the aged wizard opens the portal to the ruins, the good doctor has a moment of worry as he has not had the best experiences with using this method of travel. But with a deep breath, Marcus steps through to face what may come.

Surprisingly nothing bad happens and there is no ambush waiting on the other side of the blue portal of transport. With that The good doctor take a long look around as he secures all his gear to minimize noise. Marcus is just starting to wonder, "Well here we are, now all we have to do is find one needle in this per-apocolyps ruin and get back home. I hope this goes smoother then England." Then Jason speaks up.

Jason Long wrote:Jason says, "Here's how I'd like us to proceed. Doc and Rufus, I'd like you airborne. Stick to staying below the rooftops so you don't silhouette yourselves, but you are our top cover. You can spot hostiles or a better route to the building. Hours, I'd like you on point. On your horse, you can move far more quietly than the M113 and scout for us. Don't get too far ahead, 100 to 200 meters is far enough. Kilo, I'd like you to stick close to the M113 for now. It is up to you if you walk, ride inside, or on top. I'd prefer you to ride on top. That way you stay fresh and are an extra pair of eyes for us. That leaves Sifnos and I in the APC. Sifnos can drive and I'll man the weapons. We need to move right now in case anything picked up the rift opening and comes to investigate. If anyone has any comments, lets hold off until we are out of here. "


With a nod and a check of his comms, Marcus replies, "No problem, do we have a location we think he might be in or a way to let him know who we are. In the worst case I can write his name ten feet tall on the side of a building or break out the loud speaker but I would like to avoid as much notice if I can.". As Marcus speaks he slowly rises up into the air and starts to scan the area and horizon. The good doctor will plug his life-force adapter into his lightning rod in case it needs to be used. Marcus will stay low and screen a little ahead of the group reporting back the easier paths and anything unusual he sees.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 19:
16

JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
40


Hours intensely watches the old asian mage as he goes though the motions of opening the rift that will transport them all to what's left of the city of Denver. “A bit different to how the other mage opened that rift to bring me here. Wish I'd known the old coot was sending me so far away from home, I may not have stepped through.” He doesn't smile as the memory.
With the rift open and no sudden attack from it accrues, Hours starts feeling that same old tinge of excitement he used to get on A.M.C. missions. He pats Traveller on the neck, leaning close to the animals head. “Let's go have some fun and hope none of these D-bees get us killed.” and prods the horse through the rift with the others.

Once through, Hours quickly checks himself and Traveller with a glance. Satisfied, he pulls out his binoculars and scans their surrounds for threats, the lay of the land and to get his bearings while Nakamura explains their time limit.

Jason Long wrote:"Here's how I'd like us to proceed. Doc and Rufus, I'd like you airborne. Stick to staying below the rooftops so you don't silhouette yourselves, but you are our top cover. You can spot hostiles or a better route to the building. Hours, I'd like you on point. On your horse, you can move far more quietly than the M113 and scout for us. Don't get too far ahead, 100 to 200 meters is far enough. Kilo, I'd like you to stick close to the M113 for now. It is up to you if you walk, ride inside, or on top. I'd prefer you to ride on top. That way you stay fresh and are an extra pair of eyes for us. That leaves Sifnos and I in the APC. Sifnos can drive and I'll man the weapons. We need to move right now in case anything picked up the rift opening and comes to investigate. If anyone has any comments, lets hold off until we are out of here. " Jason turns to Hours and picks a spot on the map about 1 kilometer away. He finds an area that looks sheltered from view [/b]"Start heading over here. We will rendezvous there. For now, lets just get clear of here." He looks to the rest of the team. "For now, stay as quiet as you can and keep radio chatter to a minimum. If you see a potential threat, stay out of sight and notify the rest of us. Do not engage on your own."


With Jasons' marching orders handed out, Hours smiles and replies, “Alright boss, point it is. Let's go find this wayward D-bee and enjoy the scenery." After studying the map for a minute or two and without another word, the cowboy quietly urges his mount forward, moving along the ancient rail line; keeping a watchful eye on his surroundings. Keeping his voice low he says to his companion, “It's awfully quiet out here, don't you think?”
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 20:
19

JIC:1d20:
9
/1d100:
42


Rufus tidies up the pod while waiting word on Archer. Best to let those with the right skills do what they do best and stay out of their way. As he climbs on board to head back he bows his head for a moment. Wulvenar, please watch over this unfortunate soul. And the rest of us, too, as we head off to this 'Denver' place.

He accepts Nakamura's gifts with a bow. "Once again, I am grateful for your generosity. Thank you." He stows the scrolls safely in his backpack and straps the watch onto his wrist.

Once across the portal he glides to a stop and starts sniffing the area for any trace of the one they're there to find.

1d100:
39
/64% to identify familiar smells
1d100:
24
/48% to pick up blood trail
1d100:
77
/38% to recognize scent of others

If he spots something promising he'll alert Jason. If he spots something troubling, he'll report it as well.

Otherwise he'll hop back on the pod and take up a scouting position, keeping an eye out for anything of interest and/or danger.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22:
20

JIC: 1d20:
14
1d100:
93


Seeing the hand come through the portal, Kilo almost jumps back in shock and looks around at everyone else while pointing at the portal. When no one else says anything he keeps his mouth shut. If I am going crazy, there's no need to let them all know.



Not wanting to be cooped up inside the little machine, Kilo quickly replies to Jason while already climbing on top, "Kilo top boss."

After a few seconds of riding, a thought pops into the ogre's head, "If something is sitting back watching us I'll be a sitting duck up here. Oh well, first to take a hit means the first to see who I'm hitting back. A big smile breaks across his face as a fraction of juice starts leaking into his system at the thought of some action. With that, Kilo's foot starts tapping incessantly on the hull.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:28 pm

As the group proceeds down along the old railroad track they continue to pass row after row of old overgrown ruins of past civilization. Despite this however much of the journey is fairly quiet save for the somewhat loud clanking of the APC as it heads forward on it's heavy tracks. This sound is only slightly mixed with the occasional buzz of insect life and the occasional bird or other creature, but even so there almost seems to be far fewer of these things than one might expect considering the level of overgrowth. The continued lack of activity however is a bit of a blessing however as the group is forced to keep heading down the tracks, with the APC pinned in on either side by old ancient walls left from the recessed railroad track. Some ways up ahead however the group encounters a moderate problem, a tree has apparently grown in over part of the track, blocking proper passage by the APC, without removing it the APC would have to reverse and try to find some other way out. At least in this instance the group was fairly well equipped to deal with the blockage, though one still had to consider the best way of removing the obstacle. However perhaps somewhat disturbingly Rufus, Kilo and Hours can see the overgrown and moss covered skeletal remains of two people, their armour and weapons long rusted beyond use. In fact, upon closer examination the bodies had lain there long enough that the tree had started to grow over the remains. Upon closer inspection Kilo could make out the badly faded signs of some sort of symbol and the word NEMA written beneath upon the badly decayed breastplate caging in part of the old skeletal remains. The bones themselves were also badly decayed and in some cases entirely absent, leaving incomplete skeletal remains behind. Even Kilo could tell these bodies had been here for a very, very long time.

Rufus meanwhile doesn't smell a blood trail but he can smell a sort of underlying decay to the otherwise strong smell of natural overgrowth and plant life. Given the state of the ruins however this wasn't exactly unexpected. It was clear that the one time city had become a forest of ancient and slowly crumbling megacrete and the typical earthy mix of old rotting plants and new plant growth common to dense forestation. There weren't even any tracks around as far as the eye could see of man nor beast. Beyond that he could pick up a sudden whiff of considerable stench. It was hard to tell however if it was just Kilo being an ogre, or if he'd possibly let out a hell of fart. It certainly smelled like some one had! Oh gods, it was bad enough to make Rufus' eyes water. Ok, maybe it wasn't Kilo but lord that stench was bad and from not too far off.
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 7:
5

JIC: 1d20:
17
1d100:
36


Kilo takes a very short look at the tree and is more pissed off that it is in the way than he interested in the writing he can see on the armor. Jumping down off the APC Kilo growls out, "Smells like dead". Fully intending to walk up and lift the tree out of the way, Kilo takes a step forward. A little memory flashes in his head of an old women telling him that he doesn't have to prove his strength or courage. The thought stops him in his tracks, Maybe I should prove that I can offer more than muscle? With a shake of his head and a slap across his own face, Kilo angrily grumbles, "Now Oldie make Kilo think much!!" Banging the side of the APC twice the ogre adds, pointing to the tree, "Boss, want Kilo move?"
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:07 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5:
4

JIC:1d20:
6
/1d100:
57


Ryu Goryo wrote:As the group proceeds down along the old railroad track they continue to pass row after row of old overgrown ruins of past civilization. Despite this however much of the journey is fairly quiet save for the somewhat loud clanking of the APC as it heads forward on it's heavy tracks. This sound is only slightly mixed with the occasional buzz of insect life and the occasional bird or other creature, but even so there almost seems to be far fewer of these things than one might expect considering the level of overgrowth. The continued lack of activity however is a bit of a blessing however as the group is forced to keep heading down the tracks, with the APC pinned in on either side by old ancient walls left from the recessed railroad track. Some ways up ahead however the group encounters a moderate problem, a tree has apparently grown in over part of the track, blocking proper passage by the APC, without removing it the APC would have to reverse and try to find some other way out. At least in this instance the group was fairly well equipped to deal with the blockage, though one still had to consider the best way of removing the obstacle. However perhaps somewhat disturbingly Rufus, Kilo and Hours can see the overgrown and moss covered skeletal remains of two people, their armour and weapons long rusted beyond use. In fact, upon closer examination the bodies had lain there long enough that the tree had started to grow over the remains. Upon closer inspection Kilo could make out the badly faded signs of some sort of symbol and the word NEMA written beneath upon the badly decayed breastplate caging in part of the old skeletal remains. The bones themselves were also badly decayed and in some cases entirely absent, leaving incomplete skeletal remains behind. Even Kilo could tell these bodies had been here for a very, very long time.

Rufus meanwhile doesn't smell a blood trail but he can smell a sort of underlying decay to the otherwise strong smell of natural overgrowth and plant life. Given the state of the ruins however this wasn't exactly unexpected. It was clear that the one time city had become a forest of ancient and slowly crumbling megacrete and the typical earthy mix of old rotting plants and new plant growth common to dense forestation. There weren't even any tracks around as far as the eye could see of man nor beast. Beyond that he could pick up a sudden whiff of considerable stench. It was hard to tell however if it was just Kilo being an ogre, or if he'd possibly let out a hell of fart. It certainly smelled like some one had! Oh gods, it was bad enough to make Rufus' eyes water. Ok, maybe it wasn't Kilo but lord that stench was bad and from not too far off.


Kilo wrote:Jumping down off the APC Kilo growls out, "Smells like dead". Fully intending to walk up and lift the tree out of the way, Kilo takes a step forward.


((Language: Gobblely -- 1d100:
9
/98(103)%))

"Bu gerçek, arkadaşı*..." Rufus mutters as he touches down near the tree. He shakes his head and wipes his eyes to clear out the stench. "Smells like something crawled up a Fury Beetle's butt and died. Slowly. Horribly. Painfully. Whatever's causing it isn't too far away either. Maybe if we're really unlucky we'll find out what it is." He takes a closer look at the skeletal remains. "I'm no doctor, but I think we're too late to help these guys." Looking up at the tree he wonders how long it's been growing here. Maybe someone back at the village could tell exactly, but it's definitely been here for quite a long time.

Noting the lack of noise around them, he swivels his ears trying to pick up any audio clues as to their surroundings. "Like they say in videos, it's quiet out there... too quiet." he mutters. "Even if the APC is scaring off some animals nearby I should be able to hear more of them in the distance." He makes a face. "To je vse prej kot naravna -- this is definitely not natural." He takes a moment to check his .45 and make sure it's loaded with the silver ammo.

*That's the truth, friend...

Kilo wrote:With a shake of his head and a slap across his own face, Kilo angrily grumbles, "Now Oldie make Kilo think much!!" Banging the side of the APC twice the ogre adds, pointing to the tree, "Boss, want Kilo move?"


Rufus raises an eyebrow and does his best to suppress a smirk as he realizes the ogre's most likely talking about either Nakamura or his wife. Don't knock till you try it, big fella. Could be good for you. He pauses a bit as his own thoughts strike him as odd. Kilo certainly fits the stereotypical 'big dumb brute' image at first blush, but that one time they spoke to each other in Gobblely he sure didn't sound the part. Gruff, yes. Borderline belligerent, maybe. But certainly not dumb. Maybe there are more layers to this onion than I thought, he ponders. If this 'big dumb brute' shtick is all just an act, he's going to catch a lot of baddies by surprise. Good for him.

"If you're going to defoliate the path, Kilo, give us a second to get out of your way..." As he turns he takes a last look down at the bodies. "Sorry prijatelji, but you're in the way of progress. Have a nice day." He hops back on the pod and moves off to a safe distance so not as to get smacked by the soon-to-be-uprooted tree.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:16 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 4:
1

JIC: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
13


Hours continues on as forward scout along the rails, keeping an eye and ear on the surrounding buildings. He lives for the quiet, open spaces of the out of doors, but there is 'quiet' and there is 'to quiet.' As the sight of the old tree comes more into view, the psi-slinger licks his lips and stares hard at it, looking for the slightest sign of trouble. Slowly, he keys his radio, "We got a tree in the way up here."

Reaching the natural blockade Hours surveys the nearby landscape from the vantage point of his saddle, 'This is a perfect place for an ambush.' he thinks to himself. When the other arrived he slipes down from his horse and inspects the two thinks that did catch his eye. "Now, who are you poor bastards?" He quickly realizes these two have been here a long, long time and decides to leave them in peace. Behind him he hears...

Kilo wrote:...Jumping down off the APC Kilo growls out, "Smells like dead".


"Can't agree with that." He says to on one.

Kilo wrote:Banging the side of the APC twice the ogre adds, pointing to the tree, "Boss, want Kilo move?"


Hours jumps to his feet, both hands on his revolver until he realizes what the sudden noise was. "Geezzzus H. Christ." he says and gives Kilo a hard stare. "Knock yourself out there Bolt Vanderhuge." Hours continues indicating to the tree, then looks to Jason, "That's going to make a lot of noise and bugs are likely to life under it."

Rufus wrote:...He shakes his head and wipes his eyes to clear out the stench. "Smells like something crawled up a Fury Beetle's butt and died. Slowly. Horribly. Painfully. Whatever's causing it isn't too far away either. Maybe if we're really unlucky we'll find out what it is."


"Hmmm, I don't smell anything. Not that bad anyway." Hours says looking down at the little D-bee.

Rufus wrote:...He takes a closer look at the skeletal remains. "I'm no doctor, but I think we're too late to help these guys." Looking up at the tree he wonders how long it's been growing here...


Hours snorts out a little laugh as he walks back to Traveller, "Figure that one out all by yourself did ya?" he says over his shoulder.

Rufus wrote:Noting the lack of noise around them, he swivels his ears trying to pick up any audio clues as to their surroundings. "Like they say in videos, it's quiet out there... too quiet." he mutters. "Even if the APC is scaring off some animals nearby I should be able to hear more of them in the distance." He makes a face. "To je vse prej kot naravna -- this is definitely not natural." He takes a moment to check his .45 and make sure it's loaded with the silver ammo.


"Now there's something we can agree on." Hours replies, back in the saddle again.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:02 pm

((Rolls held over))

Hours Williams wrote:"Hmmm, I don't smell anything. Not that bad anyway." Hours says looking down at the little D-bee.


"Then consider yourself the lucky one here, gospod..." Rufus replies, giving his head another quick shake. "It'll make your toes curl up and your lunch want to escape your gut."

Hours Williams wrote:
Rufus wrote:...He takes a closer look at the skeletal remains. "I'm no doctor, but I think we're too late to help these guys." Looking up at the tree he wonders how long it's been growing here...


Hours snorts out a little laugh as he walks back to Traveller, "Figure that one out all by yourself did ya?" he says over his shoulder.


"Well I do have my moments..." Rufus chuckles before adding a soft sigh. "Seriously though, these two poor souls look to have been here so long that even their ghosts should have died of old age by now. Wonder what went down here? And when?"

Hours Williams wrote:
Rufus wrote:Noting the lack of noise around them, he swivels his ears trying to pick up any audio clues as to their surroundings. "Like they say in videos, it's quiet out there... too quiet." he mutters. "Even if the APC is scaring off some animals nearby I should be able to hear more of them in the distance." He makes a face. "To je vse prej kot naravna -- this is definitely not natural." He takes a moment to check his .45 and make sure it's loaded with the silver ammo.


"Now there's something we can agree on." Hours replies, back in the saddle again.


Rufus grunts in acknowledgement but otherwise says nothing as he keeps a watchful eye (and ear) on the surroundings.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:28 pm

As Rufus and Hours debate the possibilities of an Ambush together, they, and Kilo find themselves suddenly under attack, just as they feared!


By Fleas!

Image

Lots, and lots of fleas. A huge cloud of them! Traveller lets out a whinny and then turns to start trotting away at a quick pace, and to hell with what Hours might want. Which, at this point is probably the same thing that poor Rufus would also desire. Fortunately for everyone they are just ordinary fleas, and in this instance carry no diseases.

Unfortunately for everyone outside, you pretty much get swarmed in short order.
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8:
6

JIC: 1d20:
10
1d100:
19


Rufus wrote:"Sorry prijatelji, but you're in the way of progress. Have a nice day."


Looking at Rufus Kilo blurts out, "You no say sorry them Not Wolven. They dead." The ogre gives Rufus a once over and mutters under his breath with a vicious scowl on his face, "Looks like Wolven to Kilo. Stupid Wolven."

Hours Williams wrote: "Geezzzus H. Christ." he says and gives Kilo a hard stare. "Knock yourself out there Bolt Vanderhuge."


Kilo looks to Hours in confusion, "What Bolt Vandrhooj?"




Kilo doesn't really react when the fleas make an appearance. He swipes at them a bit as if they were an annoyance but doesn't really care one way or another. If others react negatively he will just smile and think, why would do they not like fleas? They are a good traveling snack.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:58 am

Sifnos stops the APC short of the tree and listens to the converstaion taking place.
He keeps an eye on the scopes and radar as they discuss the smells and plan the tree's relocation.
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Perception: 1d20:
3

JIC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
59


Jason examines the tree carefully through the binoculars. He is looking for anything that may indicate a trap or nest. He looks to see if the tree grew there and fell over or was placed there. He looks to see if there are indications of a burrow or nest that will be disturbed when Kilo moves it.

((Intelligence--75% / 1d100:
99
))
((Track & Trap Animals--62/72% / 1d100:
16
))
((Wilderness Survival--77% / 1d100:
79
))

Kilo wrote:Banging the side of the APC twice the ogre adds, pointing to the tree, "Boss, want Kilo move?"


"In a second Kilo. Hours, you're in a better position to see. Any indication that a nest or anything will be disturbed if we move the tree or that it was placed there on purpose?"

When the fleas swarm, Jason drops down inside the M113 and seals the hatch. Damn, I wish I bought a flame thrower. He double checks the sensors to see is anything is using the swarm as a screen to approach.

((Sensory Equipment—57% / 1d100:
9
))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:03 pm

Despite Jason's caution, the tree does not appear to be anything other than old natural growth. It's a fairly big tree to be honest, but otherwise it's just a tree. And the fleas... are just fleas, albeit a visible swarm of them. All it all given the state of the ruins as a whole, as overgrown as everything is, a tree doesn't particularly stand out as anything unnatural. These ruins were however clearly the decayed remains of a once large and great, modern city. But so far it didn't look like anyone had been this way in hundreds of years.
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 16:
15

JIC: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
9

PPE: 212/224

((OOC: Dude. I don't know whether to laugh at this or wish a bout of explosive diarrhea on you... but as I'm laughing at it right now, I'm leaning towards 'both.'))

Ryu Goryo wrote:As Rufus and Hours debate the possibilities of an Ambush together, they, and Kilo find themselves suddenly under attack, just as they feared! By Fleas! Lots, and lots of fleas. A huge cloud of them!

Traveller lets out a whinny and then turns to start trotting away at a quick pace, and to hell with what Hours might want. Which, at this point is probably the same thing that poor Rufus would also desire. Fortunately for everyone they are just ordinary fleas, and in this instance carry no diseases.

Unfortunately for everyone outside, you pretty much get swarmed in short order.


Rufus lets out an audible groan as the swarm gathers around him. "Eksplozivno hudič driska!"* he grumbles as he tries to swat away the pests, but to no avail. Instead he hits the thrusters and backs up and away from the cloud of fleas.

*You don't really want a translation of this. Let's just say it involves Satan and a toilet.

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100:
32
/89%

Now what did Mom and Dad teach me about getting rid of fleas? He scratched his head as he could already feel the nibbles of hungry little mouths. Oh yeah -- grab a piece of wool and go slowly into the river with it in your mouth, letting the fleas run up onto it. Then let go of it as you duck your head under so they'll float away on the wool.

"Well that'd be a fine plan if we weren't out of wool and away from a river..." he mutters. "No matter, I've got a better way anyway -- purgo!" He gestures, and a wave of magic energy washes over him, cleansing away the dirt and grime as well as killing off the fleas hoping for a free Kankoran lunch. "That's better. Much better," he sighs.

He looks around and sees Hours' horse trotting away despite his efforts to convince it otherwise. "Hold on, cowboy, I can help you with that..." he settles the pod down near the two of them and comes up as calmly as possible before placing a hand on both the horse and the rider. "Trust me, prijatelji, this won't hurt a bit... purgo!" He wills the same cleansing magic energy over the both of them, hopefully ridding both of any lingering pests.

"There you are," he dusts off his hands as he backs away towards the pod. "And now you don't even need a bath tonight either..." he adds with a chuckle.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:05 pm

Time wears on for the Templar, halted in their tracks as they are by fleas and a tree. Kilo for his part doesn't seem particularly bothered by the tiny pests. Jason and Sifnos are quite safe from them, hunkered down as they are in the APC. Out of the lot, Rufus happens to have the handiest way around of dealing with them. The Cleanse spell came in amazingly handy for situations just like this! The spell didn't do anything to repel flees, but it sure did a good job of killing any that landed on you. And so with a pair of quick casts the Kankoran mage manages to deal with the great menace, such as it was hounding Traveller, Hours and himself. Though Kilo is still being swarmed, not that the big Ogre apparently minded or perhaps even noticed. (-12 PPE Rufus)

Of course the tree remained where it was, blocking the way, and watched over only by the ancient human remains partially overgrown by the tree's trunk. Despite the group's caution, or perhaps paranoia nothing else seems to happen of particular note. Birds and other small creatures flit about here and there, but no sign of anything particularly large is to be seen anywhere, and the ancient overgrown ruins remain looming as silent as ever. In either case the group realized they would either have to remove the tree to keep going with the APC, back track and try to find a way off the tracks, or leave the APC here and proceed either on foot or by air.

What do you do?
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

JIC: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
81


Ryu Goryo wrote:Lots, and lots of fleas. A huge cloud of them! Traveller lets out a whinny and then turns to start trotting away at a quick pace, and to hell with what Hours might want.


Hours first instinct is to rein in the horse, but realises the animals the smarter of the two in this case and let's Traveller trot out of range of the swarm. "Thanks for that." He says patting the horse. Turning back toward the group, he finds Rufus there and before he can say a word, he's magical clean.
"Thanks." He drulls out.

Once the fleas are gone, Hours rides up, "Well, that was fun. Let's not do it again." Looking around for a place that he and Traveller can slip by he say,

"I don't want to be here when they bring the big brother."
If he finds a place he will begin scouting ahead again.

((Horsemanship: cowboy 1d20:
1
/1d20:
8
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Perception: 1d20:
6

JIC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
27


Jason takes a deep breath , shaking his head in chagrin at being spooked by the fleas. He sees Hours start off to continue scouting. Jason signals Marcus and Rufus to return to their overhead scouting.

"Kilo, If you would be so kind as to remove the tree from our path. I would appreciate it." As Kilo moves the tree, Jason keeps careful watch in case the noise attracts unwanted attention.

Once the way is clear, if nothing pops out, Jason calls for Kilo to mount back up and asks Sifnos to start following Hours at the same distance again.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9:
7
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
17
/ 1d100:
69




Marcus keeps his eyes peeled for any signs of hostiles or evidence of the missing client. As the group come in contact with the fallen tree and the large insect swarm starts to harass them, the good doctor bolt higher into the sky. Rising to around one thousand feet above ground, Marcus looks around and reports what he sees to the group.

Thinking to himself, Marcus wonders "So far noting too bad but I hope we can make contact quickly. I don't like the idea of getting bogged down in this place." With that, the good doctor open his radio up again and says, "What is the plan if this fellow doesn't get our attention? I can make a flag with our employers sign on it and wave it around."
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:02 pm

Perception: 1d20:
14

JIC: 1d20:
15
1d100:
75


Kilo does little to deter the fleas as they take up residence. His only action is an attempt to pinch one or two with his enormous fingers and get them into his mouth. The ogre doesn't hide this action but makes it blatant, these people need to realize flees are good for you.

The juicer does his best to occupy his time trying to eat but can't keep the jitteriness at bay and his foot tapping increases in severity. Jason brings the tapping to quick end by addressing the ogre.
Jason Long wrote:"Kilo, If you would be so kind as to remov...


Kilo doesn't even let him finish but jumps through the air with a [b]"Got it boss!!" grunt. The instant he flexes his muscles to jump the juice starts to flow, Ahh its been forever.

Landing in front of the tree Kilo grips his giant arms around the center of the tree, smashing his fingers into the wood for a better grip, and proceeds to grunt out a lift on the enormous tree. If the ogre is able to get it free he will spin on his heels rotating a full 360 degrees before letting the tree fly in as high an arc as he can. Kilo will make sure it doesn't fly directly at his team mates, (no such guarantee on the spin though) but will take little care about where it lands. His main goal is to lift it and throw it as high and far as possible. (Roll for the lift 1d20+5 = 14:
9
roll for the spin 1d20+5 = 9:
4
roll for the throw 1d20+5 = 19:
14
)
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Hours finds that he has only a little difficulty getting past the rather large old tree, but not so much that his horse can't just squeeze through as long as he briefly hops on foot and then remounts. Doing so proves otherwise untroubled and he's soon on his way to scouting further up ahead. So far he still finds himself in a fairly channelled old railway line but most of the overgrowth in the visible distance so far is mostly vines, bushes and other less seemingly problematic shrubbery than the big old tree.

Kilo meanwhile bound forth before Jason can even finish speaking and merrily grabs hold of the tree and starts to lift. Even for some one as Kilo however he finds the tree is quite heavy and it's a strain even for him to lift the solid old silver maple.

Suddenly the tree comes to life, grabbing Kilo and ripping him in half before bellowing loudly and moving forth on animated limbs to smash the APC to pieces, instantly crushing Sifnos in the driver's seat before moving to rip Jason from the interior of the APC and bite him in half!

No, wait, that's just another one of those freakish visions Jason has been plagued with on occasion.

While Kilo finds lifting the tree is indeed problematic, as is throwing it, he's none the less able to toss it up enough to the side that he can clear the way for the APC to pass, a shower of dirt, rocks, old skeletal bits, what looks to be a horribly rusted rifle of some sort and several old train tracks and rotted timbers shower down, but otherwise the whole affair is fairly uneventful, if visually rather impressive. And also considerably noisy with the cracking of tree roots, snapping of old rail tracks and the smashing down of the tree to the ground atop the walled channel, which only slightly collapses inward from the impact, a few old blocks falling free from the top, but otherwise the walls look surprisingly stable for their age.

The way now clear, the group is free to proceed and Kilo remains infested by flees and is now also covered in dirt.
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Somewhere in the hospital back in Merctown, Archer breathes his last. They'll bury him somewhere with his gravestone marked:

"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder."

Someone in the hospital has a sense of humor apparently and was a pilot at one point.

Jetpacks are dangerous, clearly.

The tree monster has been defeated and aside from the rusty rifle which is of no real value . . . but if anyone is knowledgeable in such things, holy crap it looks like a Coalition C-12 but 300+ years of elements and corrosion make it hard to tell . . . it's probably time to move on unless someone wants to bury unfortunate souls in their ruined armor. Inevitably, regardless of this decision the party will have to move up the ancient railroad track.

Half an hour of travel will lead the party to a huge, ancient railway station. Interestingly, lots of game is spotted. Scores of deer and at one point Kilo even swears he spots a grizzly bear staring at them from some bushes. If at any point the party wanted lunch they sure can get it. This place is teeming with wildlife as nature takes the city back. Indeed, on the horizon most of the megacrete buildings can be seen to be foliage covered.

The railway station is no exception, either. At first is a loading platform that while ruined, looks completely intact. Just think.. three hundred years ago hundreds of people crossed this spot. Now? Here and a little beyond Grasses and shrubs have taken over and light leaks down from the roof which still looks solid. A rusted out locomotive is attached to train cars that vanish into a huge underground tunnel that leads towards the center of the city.

Image

Image

In the distance . . . the overgrown skyline of Denver beckons, green and debris filled streets. One of these ancient peaks; these crumbling towers of megacrete and glass holds the answers that the Templar seek.

Image
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 16:
15

JIC: 1d20:
18
1d100:
16


Fucking tree!! I wanted to throw it, the ogre inwardly complains thinking back to how heavy the tree was. The walk is uneventful until he spots the bear and an excited rush creeps in so Kilo takes a step towards where he'd spotted the beast, Bears were a great challenge to fight in my youth. The euphoria disappears just as quickly though as the juicer remembers what he is now and realizes that it wouldn't be much of a fight anymore. Incredibly upset at his failure with the tree and not being able to fight bears anymore, Kilo walks down the path looking like a sullen child on a long trip, he kicks at a rock a bit too forcefully and it flies off into the distance, "Kilo fight more than dead tree". The statement is more grumbling to himself but is loud enough for the whole group to hear.

When they large view of the city horizon comes into Kilo's field of vision the ogre cracks a gigantic grin and claps his massive hands together, rubbing them in anticipation, "Old man say big bugs here." Gesturing to the landscape he adds, "If bugs be here, they killing we everywhere at once. No chance for escape." The ogre jumps up and clicks his heels together more excited than he'd been since stumbling out of those bushes and fighting those demonic wolves. The ogre shades his eyes pointing at the ruined streets and says, "Ha, boss. Junk everywhere, Kilo move junk, then we truck get through?" Kilo will move forward and start moving the old cars and trucks that clog the roadway so the APC can move freely down the street.

When they arrive at the rail station the ogre lets out a long whistle looking at the surroundings, "If Kilo big bug, Kilo live here." Looking right at Jason he finishes with, "Good picking boss. We go, darkest, watery place. That hold more bugs. We go, we go." The smile on Kilo's face is plastered there as he looks over the train station. This is it, here we go, finally.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Mini note:

The party can reach the city center going above ground too.

There is no guarantee the train tunnel leads anywhere but it heads towards the city center as well.

The choice is yours.
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:21 am

Perception: 1d20:
8

JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
80


Jason winces at the noise made by Kilo. Can't fault the guy's enthusiasm, but subtle he ain't. Well, what do you expect, these guys aren't Special ops or even Tactical Corps. Jason turns his attention to the path before them. If this were a simple exploration operation, he wouldn't hesitate to check out the tunnels. Underground, protected from the weather, salvage would be in better condition. This is a rescue op though so speed is more important. Except for trains on the tracks, the route should be clearer. Given how intact the buildings are, the subway walls should be fine. There are no sources for flooding of the tunnels either. But, on the other hand, there is less room to maneuver, the Team would lose it's aerial recon, and bugs like the dark. Jason looks around on the platforms for a subway map.

"Can anyone see a subway map? There should be one posted that will show us if the tunnels lead to the library. Also, does anyone have issues with confined spaces?

If a map can be found, Jason examines it to see if it will shorten their way.

((Land Navigation--79% / 1d100:
98
% )
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:32 am

Rolls carried...
Jason Long wrote:"Can anyone see a subway map? There should be one posted that will show us if the tunnels lead to the library. Also, does anyone have issues with confined spaces?


What the hell is a subway? Must mean underground. Kilo takes a couple glances around looking for a map but then turns to Jason and says, "Kilo like dark and bugs easy kill in cave. In open, they come everywhere." The ogre thinks for a second and adds, "Kilo see in dark too".
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:06 am

Sifnos watches the path get cleared and steers the APC down the path. Once the subway comes into view and he sees the team considering going into it. He speaks up. Ummm other than its a horrible idea to go into a tunnel of this age. One good firefight could bring the whole thing down. We should keep aboveground. Easier to maneuver as well.
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
12


Stormbringer wrote:Half an hour of travel will lead the party to a huge, ancient railway station. Interestingly, lots of game is spotted. Scores of deer and at one point Kilo even swears he spots a grizzly bear staring at them from some bushes. If at any point the party wanted lunch they sure can get it. This place is teeming with wildlife as nature takes the city back. Indeed, on the horizon most of the megacrete buildings can be seen to be foliage covered.

The railway station is no exception, either. At first is a loading platform that while ruined, looks completely intact. Just think.. three hundred years ago hundreds of people crossed this spot. Now? Here and a little beyond Grasses and shrubs have taken over and light leaks down from the roof which still looks solid. A rusted out locomotive is attached to train cars that vanish into a huge underground tunnel that leads towards the center of the city.


Hours finds himself enjoying the scenery and all the wildlife that calls this area home. "A bit of fresh venison would hit the shot right about now." he thinks to himself and pulls out his rifle, stopping he smiles and slips the weapon back into place. To his travelling companion he says, "The laser wouldn't make a bit of noise, but we're on the clock here. Something for the trip home maybe."

He tries to imagine the station full of people, busy going here and there in a life the cowboy can't possibly image. His musings stop and if anyone was around to see him, they would witness him physically blanch to the sight and subsequent thought of going into it's confined space. He reins in Traveller and waits for the others to catch up. He dismounts and looks all around waving his hat as if it were a hot day, trying to get the color back in his cheeks before anyone sees him.

Jason Long wrote:"Can anyone see a subway map? There should be one posted that will show us if the tunnels lead to the library. Also, does anyone have issues with confined spaces?"


Despite Kilos excitement at the idea of the underground bug hunt, leading Traveller, Hours walks over to Jason and must to his own displeasure, finds himself agreeing wholeheartedly with Sifnos. "Jason, I have to agree with Sifnos. Underground is a bad idea." He looks around and lowers his voice to continue, "I have a problem with small spaces...a big one." He will help Jason find any maps or signs that might still exist.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

JIC: 1d20:
17
/1d100:
57

PPE: 212/224

Hours Williams wrote:Hours first instinct is to rein in the horse, but realises the animals the smarter of the two in this case and let's Traveller trot out of range of the swarm. "Thanks for that." He says patting the horse. Turning back toward the group, he finds Rufus there and before he can say a word, he's magical clean.

"Thanks." He drulls out.


"No problem..." Rufus chuckles as he dusts off his hands. "That's one of the first spells I learned -- sure beats the way others of my kind get rid of those buggers. Plus it helps keeping me looking better than I deserve. Or maybe the rest of you deserve, I dunno." He chuckles some more as he hops back on the pod and lifts off.

Marcus wrote:"What is the plan if this fellow doesn't get our attention? I can make a flag with our employers sign on it and wave it around."


"Make it out of what -- a giant pair of underpants?" Rufus raises an eyebrow as the most likely owner of the biggest pair of underoos in the group makes short work of defoliating the path ahead. "Uhm, on second thought, don't answer that. I don't really need to know."

Ryu Goryo wrote:The way now clear, the group is free to proceed and Kilo remains infested by flees and is now also covered in dirt.


Well, he doesn't look like he minds it... but can't hurt to ask... Rufus glides up alongside Kilo. "Hey arkadaşı* -- you get tired of those things nibblin' on you, let me know. I can clean you up in a flash just like Hours and his horse."

*friend

If Kilo agrees, he'll cast Cleanse on him as well. If not, he'll simply shrug his shoulders. "Up to you, big fella. Offer's still good when you change your mind." Either way he'll take up scouting position afterwards and keep an eye out as they proceed in.

When they reach the old train station Rufus can't help but let loose a low whistle. "Back in the day this was probably more grand than all of Lazlo itself..." he mutters to nobody in particular as he looks out over the city skyline. "And they didn't have magic to help them build it. Veličasten."

Jason Long wrote:"Can anyone see a subway map? There should be one posted that will show us if the tunnels lead to the library. Also, does anyone have issues with confined spaces?


Rufus raises an eyebrow. "You mean aside from the fact you'd be putting two fliers in what looks to be a rather confining enclosed space that could collapse at any moment?" He shakes his head. "Not really, boss, but as much as I'd hate to deprive Kilo of some bug-squishing fun it sounds like Sifnos and Hours already have good enough reasons for us to stay topside."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:46 am

Things have actually been going well for the Templar. They've covered a good three miles in that half an hour despite Kilo having to continually exercise his authority over the tree and debris bosses that threaten the group. The APC is running well and Rufus cures most of the cases of fleas. Unless Kilo wants to pick them off of his body and eat them later or engage in some sort of weird communal grooming with Rufus like a silverback gorilla. You know, picking bugs off of each other and eating them.

The tunnel looms ahead, but a short distance beyond the railway station an ancient overgrown road (See first pic posted last week) runs straight into the heart of the city. From a distance it looks clear, though it's hard to say given what could be under a several foot deep layer of debris and soil that has been taken over by the same greenery that is slowly attempting to return the city to nature.

Jason can't seem to figure out the map that was given to them It made perfect sense the last time he looked at it but it's kind of like he is having some sort of brain fart now. It makes no sense at all and might as well be a map to treasure island. He can't even figure out where the group is right now.

The group stops to discuss things as Jason rotates the map this way and that but try as he might he just can't figure it out. Something basically doesn't resonate in his brain about it. Some people are visual people, some people learn with better styles than others and this is not Jason's style -- or his day at all.

(OOC: Any attempt to read this map again will come with a -20% penalty. If you fail again, it will be -40% and so forth.)

Meanwhile, Sifnos begins to move the APC into a better position but there is a horrible grinding sound from one of the tracks and that side will move no longer. Try as HE might . . . something seems to be going wrong. And worse, the grinding sound seems to permeate through the city. It's like a grinding transmission but worse, echoing off of the lower buildings in the suburbs.

(OOC: Anyone who is on a vehicle? Please take the time to roll pilot for it. This includes hovercraft, jetpacks, tanks, whatever. If you are sitting in the driver's seat even if it's idle, roll your pilot. Normally I would use Sifnos' JIC roll for this but as there was neither a pilot roll or a JIC roll, it counts as an automatic failure. This is why proper formatting of your posts is critical. Everyone should have at the bare minimum an init roll, a d20 roll, and a d100. Remember you get XP as well for using your skills... so if you are behind the wheel at any point, something should be rolled)

(OOC: If anyone can pass a mechanical engineer or vehicle armorer or two basic mechanics rolls a quick diagnosis will show that the APC has picked up some pieces of railroad track inside the road wheels which is jamming the track. It will take 10 minutes to clear it. You do not need additional rolls, this will be to diagnose and find all of the bits. Consider this a warning, the next time it will be worse.)

(OOC: Also, everyone please roll perception this next round.)

(OOC: Lastly, a warning for not posting has been issued this week. I remind everyone about this. I talked about this at length in the OOC forum. It aggravates me especially when someone has been active on their alt but hasn't posted here. The tracker also takes 10 seconds. Three warnings and it's group removal. Please, please do not make me do this.)
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:36 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
19
/ 1d100:
34

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
4
/ 1d100:
72

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
80

Init: 1d20+3 = 15:
12


Skills used:
Language: American--98% 1d100:
14

Radio: Basic--85% 1d100:
96



Marcus soars among the ruins of this ancient city with a sense of wonder at what all has been lost over the centuries. The good doctor knows that in the past the men of the golden age had reached levels of science the far surpassed those of today. "Or at least the people of that time at better access to what was known. Darn that Bradford and all his" Marcus makes air quotes with his fingers as he thinks to himself. "Classified military medical technologies.". Marcus keeps a sharp eye out as he stays well above the group and uses the radios for communication.

Rufus wrote:"Make it out of what -- a giant pair of underpants?" Rufus raises an eyebrow as the most likely owner of the biggest pair of underoos in the group makes short work of defoliating the path ahead. "Uhm, on second thought, don't answer that. I don't really need to know."


The good doctor can't help but chuckle at the comment as the group arrives at the remains of an old station. Hovering above the group at about two hundred feet up, Marcus replies "Ok, we'll leave it a mystery. It looks like we are stopping here for a moment. I am going to get a better view till we know what the plan is. Please keep me informed."

With that the good doctor lifts higher into the sky. Rising to about twelve hundred feet, Marcus flips through the setting of his multi-optic helmet to take in a better view of what is near the group and the surrounding area. Marcus will skip the night vision setting if it is not night yet.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:01 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 5:
2

JIC: 1d20:
18

JIC: 1d100:
34


Sifnos shifts the APC into neutral to calm the treads from making all the racket.
Then shuts down the engine. Engages the parking brake and lets the everything cool off for a minute or so. Then starts clearing the tracks of debris.

Pilot: Tanks & APC -- 65% 1d100:
63
Pass


Mechanical Engineer -- 67% 1d100:
78
Fail

Mechanical Engineer -- 67% 1d100:
97
Fail
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Mini update:

Sifnos finds that on his last pivot he seems to have picked up a good twelve feet of track. It's tangled in an impossible mess through four road wheels and the drive sprocket.

How in the hell did this even happen?

This is going to take a lot longer to clear than he expected...

20 minutes. Possibly longer. And he'll need some kind of metal cutting tool.

Sifnos: Keep rolling repair skills until you pass. Each failure adds 5 minutes.
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:43 am

Rolls held over

After a series of hammering and sawing followed by a series of curses, Sifnos grabs a cutting torch and set of prybars.
He continues to struggle with the tangled mess in the tracks.
Muttering under his breath "C,mon Sif lets go to the city it'll be fun..*mutter mutter* Lets take the tracked vehicle the hover will make too much noise. *mumble mumble*"

Mechanical Engineer -- 67% 1d100:
37
Pass
Sifnos
 

Next

Return to Adventure Archives: The Templars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest