The Crawling City

Moderator: Augur

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue May 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21:
20

JIC: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
38

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
16
/1d100:
63


Conditions:
  • PPE: 167/224 at the end of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes: 1d100:
17
/89%

Stormbringer wrote:Rufus drops altitude to have a look but he can't find anything other than cracks in the ancient asphalt. He gives it up a little earlier before everyone else because he's bright enough to know he's getting nowhere and heads to the museum. As far as he can tell, nothing has come in or out of it in 200 years. The building is in remarkably good shape. The chains that hold the doors have been chained from the outside and the garage door doesn't seem like it wants to budge if it's tried. Not for him anyway. He tries it when Marcus suggests it, but nope. The chains are clearly heavy duty as well (Read: MDC) and the rings are over an inch thick.


Rufus touches down in front of the door and gives a good tug on the chains -- and chuckles slightly when the chains more than handily resist his efforts to remove them. "Yup, exactly what I thought," he mutters. "Wonder if these are to keep folks out, or keep somthing in?" He moves over to the garage door and tries his luck there as well.

As he dusts off his hands, a rather mischievous thought strikes him. Glancing around to make sure the others are focused on trying to find the map (such as it is), he sneaks up to the door and gestures with his back to the group. "Da mihi virtutem bellator..." he says softly to himself. ((OOC: Casting Superhuman Strength on himself -- 10 PPE))

Now armed with magically-enhanced strength, he looks over the chains to see if there's any possible weak points that may make it easier to break (if not the chain, then maybe a point where the chain attaches or maybe an exposed hinge, etc.) and once again tries his luck. If the chain still resists, then he'll scamper back over to the garage door before the spell elapses and try to force it open instead.

  • IF THE CHAIN SNAPS IN A NON-OBVIOUS LOCATION: Rufus will do his best to hide the break and then will walk around sniffing the area trying to catch wind of either Nakamura's missing minion or the presence of more of those foul-smelling (and apparently foul-tasting) Grigleapers. Although he'll try to look like he's not paying attention when Kilo tries the chains on the door he'll be watching him out of the corner of his eye.
  • IF THE CHAIN SNAPS IN A BLATANTLY OBVIOUS LOCATION: Rufus will yank the chains off and radio back to the group. "Never mind, chain wasn't as secure as I thought. Museum's open for business." He'll ease the door open slightly and try to take a sniff inside the place. It's doubtful Nakamura's missing minion made it here, but you never know. And if there are more of those Grigleapers nesting up in here hopefully I can catch wind of them.
  • IF THE CHAIN HOLDS BUT THE GARAGE DOOR OPENS: Rufus will force it open as high as he can reach (which is really only about 5' or so on his tiptoes). "Uhm, hey guys? Got the garage door open but it's still a bit of a low bridge."
  • IF BOTH THE CHAIN AND THE GARAGE DOOR HOLD: Rufus will content himself with scouting the area with his eyes and his nose.

Supporting Rolls as Needed:
  • Prowl (to avoid drawing attention to himself while he casts strength spell and trying his luck with the chains) -- 1d100:
    89
    /47%
  • Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
    69
    /67%
  • 1d100:
    14
    /48% to track blood scent up to 1,000’/305 m away
  • 1d100:
    6
    /64% to recognize common/known smells
  • 1d100:
    16
    /38% to recognize the scent of others up to 50’/15.2 m away
1d100:
94
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Tue May 31, 2016 1:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 13:
10

JIC: 1d20:
1
/1d100:
31


Prowl 50% - 1d100:
44

Streetwise 42% - 1d100:
79

Horsemanship: Cowboy 75%/59% - 1d100:
50
/1d100:
84


After finding what little is left of the map amongst the mud, the blood and the foliage, Hours hands it over to Jason with a simplistic smile and a shrug. He then feels bad at having to add a negative nod of his head at the team leaders plea for help. While Jason looks over his now useless map, Hours takes up the ground part of the scouting mission to the museum.

Riding down the path that was once a busy street, sometime in the distant past, The cowboy watches his surroundings as a gentle breeze blows leaves and other loose debree about the hooves of his mount. The eerie quiet is broken by the noise of his teammates transports. “It's damn hard to sneak up on anyone or anything with all those engines running. Even the dead can hear us coming” Grimising, he quickly glances around, then continues to talk to Traveller, “Shouldn't say that out loud in this dead city...they just might hear me and come looking.”

Once he reaches the museum, the psi-slinger marvels at the curiously good condition it's in, “That looks in mighty good condition for a building as old as it's suppose to be, or is it just me.” he asks this mount. Without waiting for an answer he'll never get, Hours scouts out the perimeter, checking both the building of interest and the others close by. “I don't think the D-bee we're looking for is here and we are running out of time. I sure hope this stop off is worth it.” he says to himself. Hours pays particular attention to the broken windows and doors, anything that could be used for an ambush. He also keeps an eye open for anything that could be a gang sign, either one he recognizes or just something that could be. “D-bees and monsters aren't the only thing that can be dangerous out here.”
Last edited by Hours Williams on Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:36 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11:
9
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
18
/ 1d100:
41


Sills used:

Stormbringer wrote:Marcus doesn't notice any movement from the air or anything like that, but he can see in the windows and there isn't any movement from the ancient building. In fact, he can see a layer of dust on the floor that looks about six inches thick. No bugs coming either that he can see but that doesn't mean they aren't coming. The last batch exploded out of nowhere, so.


The good doctor looks into the windows when all seems quite for moment and notes a thick layer of dust over much of the buildings inner surfaces. All in all, Marcus takes this a a good sign and lowers himself back down to confer with Jason about what he has observed.

Jason Long wrote:Jason takes the remains of the 'map' from Hours. Shit. Jason curses under his breath. "Anyone have a way to fix this?" Jason looks at the others, fully expecting the answer to be "no". "Right, then lets check out this building for any information or gear we can use then be on our way. "


Coming up on the tail end of that Marcus will speak up. "I might have a way to help out Jason." As the good doctor starts rummaging in his medical bag, he will speak of what he saw up high. "There is a layer of dust over the whole place from what I could see. The building seems in good shape, all things considered." Then with a smile Marcus pull out the TW feather duster with a smile and says, "Ah, here we go, let's see if this works on much as well as dirt shall we.". Supplying it with power from the life-force adapter, Marcus will use Cleans on the map be for saying, "Well, hope that helps a bit. I think I need to get back up on overwatch. There are enough supersizes in these ruins even when we are looking about, would hat to see what comes along if we aren't looking. By your leave Jason?" Marcus will stay and talk if Jason has anything to discuss, if not, Marcus will make his way back up into the air to keep a look out.

Once back up in the air Marcus will try to keep his mind on the task of looking about and not letting his mind wander off to a few informative tests he wishes to preform on the slowly decomposing bodies they left back on the ground. Marcus muses on the thought that ever sense he starts getting near field work and especially this mercenary life, he has had precious few days free for study or research. "Oh well, one of these days I will have enough saved up for that mobile clinic. I wonder when that day comes if I will be able to settle back down to slower lifestyle. You have to admit it to yourself old man, a good fight does get the heart beating something fierce.".
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Try as Rufus might, even with the aid of his magic he is not manly enough to break through these chains and is forced to call on the aid of Kilo. Kilo manages the job incredibly efficiently.

Jason looks for traps or anything amiss and finds none. It's just an old building. No titty traps as far as he can tell.

Hours scouts and finds nothing either except old tracks that look like they belonged to the insects that fought them earlier. They could be weeks old though and are no threat at the moment.

Marcus produces his Techno-Wizard device and actually manages to do something with it! Usually the spell of cleanse works on people only, but the application of the feather duster cleans off some of the grime and blood. It's still horribly damaged, but it's better than it was. (Map is now -30% to read.)

The Templar through various methods move to enter the ancient museum. On the whole at first glance the Denver Museum of Industry is completely disappointing. The primary reason for that is that it looks to have been looted long ago. Try as anyone might nothing of value is to be found within the place. It's Rufus this time that saves the day. There is the faintest smell of ancient blood; like must and cobwebs covered up by the centuries. He notices that the walls have been pockmarked by laser and projectile fire and sure enough he eventually finds the unfortunate victim. A man in destroyed environmental armor that looks to have once borne the letters NEM and something else across the torso but the rest has been blown away by the application of what looks to be plasma weapon fire.

There is nothing of value near this long dead hero and only dust is blown around the area. Nobody finds any traps. Nobody finds anything suspicious, only the sad and lonely tale of a man who met his end inside a building like this.

A closer look by Hours and Rufus shows that there is more to the building but the entryway is collapsed. Beside it is a large garage door style opening that is easily eight feet wide by eight feet high. It's possible they might be able to access the hallway past the collapsed archway if they could get into whatever that room is.

CARNATION VENDING is written on it in bold, industrial style ancient faded letters.

Nearby is the only light in the place. A flickering, dim orange screen that is filled with static.

Strangely, these doors appear to have been welded shut at one time but the welds are failing with time. Even still, it's pretty solid. Even Kilo might have trouble getting it open without wrecking the surrounding structure. If only the party had an actual way to open it?

As the Templar watch, the little six inch by six inch screen flickers away like it has for over two hundred years.

Nobody hears from Sifnos, though the APC is still running. He's probably trying to figure out the gearing issue.

Image
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:26 am

Perception: 1d20:
11

JIC: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
35
%

Jason carefully stores the partially restored map in a belt pouch. He then looks at the computer screen.
Stormbringer wrote:As the Templar watch, the little six inch by six inch screen flickers away like it has for over two hundred years.


Oooh. Shouldn't there be a big red button for this? In movies, there's always a big red button that says, "Do Not Press". Jason feels this unescapable urge to hit 'yes'. He knows that there is SOMETHING in there. Now were the welds made to protect it from us or us from it?

"Ok, it may be one of my dumber decisions, but I say we open the door and see what's inside. On the safe side, get behind cover and watch the door. I'll hit the switch."

Unless anyone truly objects, Jason stands with his back against the wall, next to the door, so that anything inside will not see him as/if the door opens when he hits the enter key. He draws his NG-45 and when everyone is ready, presses the key.

((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
16
%
))

Why does, "Hey y'all, watch this!" run through my mind?
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 am

After Jason presses the keys, a happy, friendly music begins to fill the museum. Light, cheery music. Like carnival music. Or an ice cream truck.

"Now deploying Carnation Vending Happy People Personality Ice Cream Vending Machine! Please stand back until the unit is fully activated."
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

JIC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
29

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
70


Conditions:
  • PPE: 167/224 at the end of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)


Stormbringer wrote:Try as Rufus might, even with the aid of his magic he is not manly enough to break through these chains and is forced to call on the aid of Kilo. Kilo manages the job incredibly efficiently.


Rufus growls softly to himself as the stubborn chains refuse to budge. However, when the ogre makes short work of them he just shakes his head and chuckles softly. "It's good to be the ogre, I guess..." he mutters to himself.

Stormbringer wrote:The Templar through various methods move to enter the ancient museum. On the whole at first glance the Denver Museum of Industry is completely disappointing. The primary reason for that is that it looks to have been looted long ago. Try as anyone might nothing of value is to be found within the place. It's Rufus this time that saves the day. There is the faintest smell of ancient blood; like must and cobwebs covered up by the centuries. He notices that the walls have been pockmarked by laser and projectile fire and sure enough he eventually finds the unfortunate victim. A man in destroyed environmental armor that looks to have once borne the letters NEM and something else across the torso but the rest has been blown away by the application of what looks to be plasma weapon fire.

There is nothing of value near this long dead hero and only dust is blown around the area. Nobody finds any traps. Nobody finds anything suspicious, only the sad and lonely tale of a man who met his end inside a building like this.


Rufus scratches his head. "NEM..." he muses. "NEM what? NEMA? NEME? NEMO?" He thinks a bit. "Wasn't there a 'Captain Nemo' back before the Cataclysm? I think we may have found one of his men. Poor devil." He dusts off his hands as he stands back up. "I don't get it, Slim..." he looks at Horus. "They lock this place up tighter than a miser's sphincter, and for what? One dead sailor and a lifetime supply of dust? I don't care what this place smells like, it stinks pure and simple. We gotta be missing something."

He looks around. "Speaking of missing something... a tourist destination in a major city? You'd think they'd have a ton of city maps around here. Surely nobody looting the place would want to pick 'em up and cart 'em off..." He mutters out to nobody in particular. "Anybody see anything resembling some sort of information desk or gift shop around here?" He starts looking for whatever might pass as such and tries to find any kind of local maps that might be lying around. Even a partial map would help -- anything to complement the deteriorated one they're having to rely on at the moment.

Stormbringer wrote:A closer look by Hours and Rufus shows that there is more to the building but the entryway is collapsed. Beside it is a large garage door style opening that is easily eight feet wide by eight feet high. It's possible they might be able to access the hallway past the collapsed archway if they could get into whatever that room is.

CARNATION VENDING is written on it in bold, industrial style ancient faded letters.

Nearby is the only light in the place. A flickering, dim orange screen that is filled with static.

Strangely, these doors appear to have been welded shut at one time but the welds are failing with time. Even still, it's pretty solid. Even Kilo might have trouble getting it open without wrecking the surrounding structure. If only the party had an actual way to open it?


"THIS... looks a bit more promising," Rufus nods. "Anything you weld shut you either want sealed up tight... or you want something from coming through." He does a quick look back at the carbon scoring and bullet holes to make sure they don't look like they were fired from the general direction of the welded-shut door. If they don't, then he'll nod reassuringly to himself. He looks around for Sifnos to see if the resident mechanic has made it in -- if not he'll fire up his comlink. "Hey Sifnos -- we have a big door that looks to have been welded shut about a minute shy of a couple centuries ago. You got any kind of blowtorch in your back pocket that could burn through these welds? We let Kilo knock really hard he might bring the roof down on us."

Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
73
/67%

While waiting for a response from Sifnos, he happens to notice Jason examining the small screen.

Jason Long wrote:"Ok, it may be one of my dumber decisions, but I say we open the door and see what's inside. On the safe side, get behind cover and watch the door. I'll hit the switch."

Unless anyone truly objects, Jason stands with his back against the wall, next to the door, so that anything inside will not see him as/if the door opens when he hits the enter key. He draws his NG-45 and when everyone is ready, presses the key.


Rufus' eyebrows arch suddenly. "Uhmmmm... or we could push the button first, and just improvise from there. DUCK AND COVER EVERYONE!" He dives behind a nearby counter/large piece of debris and draws his NG-45LP.

The Architect wrote:After Jason presses the keys, a happy, friendly music begins to fill the museum. Light, cheery music. Like carnival music. Or an ice cream truck.

"Now deploying Carnation Vending Happy People Personality Ice Cream Vending Machine! Please stand back until the unit is fully activated."


Rufus raises an eyebrow and makes a face. So we're going to get whacked by an ice cream truck? Well, at least it's original... "Tu gre nič..."* he mutters under his breath.

*Here goes nothing
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

JIC: 1d20:
8
1d100:
78


Kilo slowly lapses back into his bored state as they walk through the empty building. I had such high hopes for this with the bug tracks but there's not shit in here to fight. The juicer's boredom is compounded by the fact that he has to try and stay quiet in case... As a matter of fact why the fuck are we being quiet? We are trying to find a guy and noise would help us do that and if there is something in here worth fighting noise would bring it to us as well. It's almost like these guys don't want to fight anything.

Just as Kilo was about to blurt out a question along those lines, he notices the group in a room with a blinking yellow light. The ogre rolls his eyes and blurts out, "Fuck interesting that!!" Making a crushing motion with his fist he adds, "Smash, then go. Find fight"

Jason Long wrote:On the safe side, get behind cover and watch the door. I'll hit the switch."

Rufus wrote: "Uhmmmm... or we could push the button first, and just improvise from there. DUCK AND COVER EVERYONE!"


"PFFFT!!!" Large gobs of spit fly from the ogre's mouth as he clearly disagrees. Smiling a huge smile, Kilo folds his arms and stands right where he is. Banging his chest with his fist he growls out, "Kilo no hide like scared child. Kilo not have fear. Will kill what shinny light call to here."

The Architect wrote:After Jason presses the keys, a happy, friendly music begins to fill the museum. Light, cheery music. Like carnival music. Or an ice cream truck.

"Now deploying Carnation Vending Happy People Personality Ice Cream Vending Machine! Please stand back until the unit is fully activated."


The noise hits Kilo's ears like a thunderclap. He looks around trying to pinpoint where the music is coming from with a look on his face like he just watched someone wipe their ass with a piece of bread and eat the bread. What. The. Fuck. Is. That?! It's the most disturbing sound I have ever heard. There must be some diabolical shit going on here. Suddenly aware of his exposed position and the loss of his staggering overconfidence in the situation, Kilo casually slides himself behind anything that might provide him with some form of cover. The ogre's eyes slowly look around the room both in embarrassment at his sudden change in attitude and with a slight bit of trepidation at what the terrible sound could be bringing.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9:
7
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
14
/ 1d100:
25


Skills used:
Crime Scene Investigation--90% Roll: 1d100:
47

Forensics--90% Roll: 1d100:
63

Medical Doctor--108/110% Roll: 1d100:
38


Stormbringer wrote:The Templar through various methods move to enter the ancient museum. On the whole at first glance the Denver Museum of Industry is completely disappointing. The primary reason for that is that it looks to have been looted long ago. Try as anyone might nothing of value is to be found within the place. It's Rufus this time that saves the day. There is the faintest smell of ancient blood; like must and cobwebs covered up by the centuries. He notices that the walls have been pockmarked by laser and projectile fire and sure enough he eventually finds the unfortunate victim. A man in destroyed environmental armor that looks to have once borne the letters NEM and something else across the torso but the rest has been blown away by the application of what looks to be plasma weapon fire


Once the door is open, Marcus stays outside on over-watch for a moment before curiosity gets the best of the good doctor and he descends into the museum. Seeing the sight of a battle Marcus takes an interest on finding out what happened in this place. The good doctor looks over the body to confirm death and chuckles as he says, "This man is dead, Jim, or Jason I mean. I wonder what happened and if there are other bodies. I have hardly ever seen a battle with only on death.". With that Marcus goes into making a few measurements and looking about the place as the other follow their own interests.

Rufus wrote:Rufus scratches his head. "NEM..." he muses. "NEM what? NEMA? NEME? NEMO?" He thinks a bit. "Wasn't there a 'Captain Nemo' back before the Cataclysm? I think we may have found one of his men. Poor devil." He dusts off his hands as he stands back up. "I don't get it, Slim..." he looks at Horus. "They lock this place up tighter than a miser's sphincter, and for what? One dead sailor and a lifetime supply of dust? I don't care what this place smells like, it stinks pure and simple. We gotta be missing something."


"NEM? NEMA? NEMO? You know I could swear I remember that from somewhere back in my CS days but so much of what we saw was edited or censored I really cant remember."

Rufus wrote:He looks around. "Speaking of missing something... a tourist destination in a major city? You'd think they'd have a ton of city maps around here. Surely nobody looting the place would want to pick 'em up and cart 'em off..." He mutters out to nobody in particular. "Anybody see anything resembling some sort of information desk or gift shop around here?" He starts looking for whatever might pass as such and tries to find any kind of local maps that might be lying around. Even a partial map would help -- anything to complement the deteriorated one they're having to rely on at the moment.


"Good Idea, I'll keep a prodigious eyes open for the like." Marcus will keep looking about, trying to get a feel for the fight that happened and a map.

Jason Long wrote:"Ok, it may be one of my dumber decisions, but I say we open the door and see what's inside. On the safe side, get behind cover and watch the door. I'll hit the switch."


At hearing his boss is going to push a button, the good doctor give a nod and is only half paying attention as he continues with his notes about the battle from long ago.

The Architect wrote:After Jason presses the keys, a happy, friendly music begins to fill the museum. Light, cheery music. Like carnival music. Or an ice cream truck.

"Now deploying Carnation Vending Happy People Personality Ice Cream Vending Machine! Please stand back until the unit is fully activated."


Looking up from his notes, "Ice-cream? I can't recommend Ice-cream from anything as old as this building." Marcus turns up a more attentive eye to watch the proceedings.

Kilo wrote:The noise hits Kilo's ears like a thunderclap. He looks around trying to pinpoint where the music is coming from with a look on his face like he just watched someone wipe their ass with a piece of bread and eat the bread. What. The. Fuck. Is. That?! It's the most disturbing sound I have ever heard. There must be some diabolical shit going on here. Suddenly aware of his exposed position and the loss of his staggering overconfidence in the situation, Kilo casually slides himself behind anything that might provide him with some form of cover. The ogre's eyes slowly look around the room both in embarrassment at his sudden change in attitude and with a slight bit of trepidation at what the terrible sound could be bringing.


Seeing the largest member of the team looking for cover and noticing the rest of the group seeming to do the same, Marcus realizes something dangerous might be going down tries to jot his notes down faster before another upheaval wrecks all the evidence.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:33 am

((Rolls held over))

Marcus wrote:"This man is dead, Jim, or Jason I mean. I wonder what happened and if there are other bodies. I have hardly ever seen a battle with only one death.". With that Marcus goes into making a few measurements and looking about the place as the other follow their own interests.


"I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's odd..."
Rufus nods. "A battle with only one death isn't really a battle. Judging by the pockmarks and burns this would have been more like an ambush -- or a murder." His brow furrows as he continues his search. "Here's hoping whoever was on the dealing end is either long gone or at least in a better mood."

Kilo wrote:"PFFFT!!!" Large gobs of spit fly from the ogre's mouth as he clearly disagrees. Smiling a huge smile, Kilo folds his arms and stands right where he is. Banging his chest with his fist he growls out, "Kilo no hide like scared child. Kilo not have fear. Will kill what shinny light call to here."
The Architect wrote:"Now deploying Carnation Vending Happy People Personality Ice Cream Vending Machine! Please stand back until the unit is fully activated."

The noise hits Kilo's ears like a thunderclap. He looks around trying to pinpoint where the music is coming from with a look on his face like he just watched someone wipe their ass with a piece of bread and eat the bread. What. The. Fuck. Is. That?! It's the most disturbing sound I have ever heard. There must be some diabolical shit going on here. Suddenly aware of his exposed position and the loss of his staggering overconfidence in the situation, Kilo casually slides himself behind anything that might provide him with some form of cover. The ogre's eyes slowly look around the room both in embarrassment at his sudden change in attitude and with a slight bit of trepidation at what the terrible sound could be bringing.


Rufus can't help but chuckle to himself as Kilo's bravado evaporates, but doesn't let on outwardly. When the ogre looks around sheepishly he just gives him an encouraging nod. "Arkadaşımı Merak etmeyin - Ben oradan gelebilir bir şey gibi sert iki kat eminim!"

*Don't worry my friend -- I'm sure you're twice as tough as anything that might come out of there!

He turns his attention back to the doors and keeps his pistol trained on what might be coming out of there.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 17:
14

JIC: 1d20 = 1d100:
20


Streetwise 42% - 1d100:
84


After leaving Traveller tired to one of the transports and entering the huge building with everyone else, Hours sighs audibly. “I was afraid of this. There is just nothing here, a few hundred years was just to long to expect this place to stay untouched.” he says, but continues to explore the building until they come across the remains of an ancient soldier.

Stormbringer wrote:...It's Rufus this time that saves the day. There is the faintest smell of ancient blood; like must and cobwebs covered up by the centuries. He notices that the walls have been pockmarked by laser and projectile fire and sure enough he eventually finds the unfortunate victim. A man in destroyed environmental armor that looks to have once borne the letters NEM and something else across the torso but the rest has been blown away by the application of what looks to be plasma weapon fire.

There is nothing of value near this long dead hero and only dust is blown around the area. Nobody finds any traps. Nobody finds anything suspicious, only the sad and lonely tale of a man who met his end inside a building like this.


Hours walks over and kneels down by Rufus and the body.

Rufus wrote:Rufus scratches his head. "NEM..." he muses. "NEM what? NEMA? NEME? NEMO?" He thinks a bit. "Wasn't there a 'Captain Nemo' back before the Cataclysm? I think we may have found one of his men. Poor devil." He dusts off his hands as he stands back up. "I don't get it, Slim..." he looks at Horus. "They lock this place up tighter than a miser's sphincter, and for what? One dead sailor and a lifetime supply of dust? I don't care what this place smells like, it stinks pure and simple. We gotta be missing something."


Hours looks at the fox-like D-bee. “Did he just call me 'Slim'?...Again?” then chuckles in spite of himself, “miser's sphincter, that's pretty good.” he thinks to himself. Answering he says, “Those letters look familiar...Oh, wait, those were on the armor of those poor bastards that were in that tree, the one when we first got here.” His expression softens slightly. “Guess he was one of them.” Standing and looking around the area for more and not finding any, Hours comments, “One guy? Well, he's not going to tell us much...damn odd for just one guy to be left here.”

Moving on though the building, Hours realises that an area of rubble is what's left of a collapsed archway. “Hey ya'll, looks like there could be more beyond this mess.” He then looks over the large door and it's welds. He calls out to no one in particular, “What is a 'carnation vending', anyone know?” Then he hears...

Jason Long wrote:"Ok, it may be one of my dumber decisions, but I say we open the door and see what's inside. On the safe side, get behind cover and watch the door. I'll hit the switch."


“Aww shit.” Hours exclaims and high tails it away from the door, seeing everyone else scatter, everyone that is except Kilo.

Kilo wrote:"PFFFT!!!" Large gobs of spit fly from the ogre's mouth as he clearly disagrees. Smiling a huge smile, Kilo folds his arms and stands right where he is. Banging his chest with his fist he growls out, "Kilo no hide like scared child. Kilo not have fear. Will kill what shinny light call to here."


“You tell'em Bold BigFlank.” Hours reaches the Ogre and stands behind him, the psi-slinger stands at the ready with his back to Kilo, guns out and held pointed up at shoulder height. The true picture of a gunfighter ready for action. He readies himself (Sixth Sense) for what every happens. Then the music starts.

Kilo wrote:What. The. Fuck. Is. That?! It's the most disturbing sound I have ever heard. There must be some diabolical shit going on here. Suddenly aware of his exposed position and the loss of his staggering overconfidence in the situation, Kilo casually slides himself behind anything that might provide him with some form of cover.


It then dawns on him that Kilo is no longer standing beyond him, he quickly looks around to see where he went. “Oh man.” he says disappointedly, lowering his guns but hurriedly moves beside the big 'fraidy cat. Throwing the D-bee a quick glances he says, “Whatever was welded in there probably died looong ago.”
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:42 pm

The sound of an engine that was long, long overdue for some maintenance started up, a whining electrical sound while the welded door started to shudder jerking up and down causing it to shudder. Bit by bit the old welds began to give way in a series of sharp snaps and crackling of metal breaking and grinding like too coarse sandpaper. Then there's a final loud SNAP and the door starts to finally rumble upward, rattling as it does while dust and some debris tumbles down from the ceiling. As the door rises the sound of the ice cream machine is easier to hear, growing louder now that it's no longer muffled by the door. Finally with a clack and whine the engine shuts down as the door is fully raised.

This reveals the back end of some sort of large hover craft, depictions of ice cream bars and other frozen treats decorating it, though the paint is faded and peeling. Lights begin to flicker on, some glowing brightly while others simply flicker or stay dead. Another whine kicks up as hover jets, unused for hundreds of years kick start, billowing up even more dust and kicking it around the room like a storm as the large machine starts to come to life and begins slowly backing out. Dim light flickers past it's sides, it's storage area dimly lit up through a large hole in the wall instead. It was hard to tell given the bulk of the machine, but it looked like the machine might have actually been placed in front of the hole to help block what ever the door was welded shut to prevent it from opening so long ago.
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Perception: 1d20:
14

JIC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
64


As the door opens, Jason does a quick peek around the corner and past the starting hovercraft. His eyes take in the hole, trying to determine where it goes; outside, underground, another storage area? Jason tries to keep his bearings, comparing the direction of the hole with the subway that the bugs came from.

((Land Navigation--79% / 1d100:
50
%
))

As the machine backs out of the storage area and Jason sees there is no immediate threat, he can't help but be impressed by the technology. Well, no big nasty jumping out at us. I can't believe this hovercraft started up. It's been sealed in there a few hundred years, so that means some type of nuclear power plant. It's backing out on its own, which means some type of autopilot or computer control. Nice Jason then gets back on focus, concentrating on the room and the hole, trusting the rest of the team to let him know if the hovercraft carries a threat. Jason looks for any sign any creatures have been living in the room.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 18:
15

JIC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
94


Ryu Goryo wrote:The sound of an engine that was long, long overdue for some maintenance started up, a whining electrical sound while the welded door started to shudder jerking up and down causing it to shudder. Bit by bit the old welds began to give way in a series of sharp snaps and crackling of metal breaking and grinding like too coarse sandpaper. Then there's a final loud SNAP and the door starts to finally rumble upward, rattling as it does while dust and some debris tumbles down from the ceiling. As the door rises the sound of the ice cream machine is easier to hear, growing louder now that it's no longer muffled by the door. Finally with a clack and whine the engine shuts down as the door is fully raised.


With the tension of the moment gone, Hours playfully back hands Kilo across the arm, "See! I told you nothing was in there." He then steps out of hiding as if he was just taking a walk. Seeing Jason move toward the vacated storage area, Hours heads over to back him up and stops...

Ryu Goryo wrote:Another whine kicks up as hover jets, unused for hundreds of years kick start, billowing up even more dust and kicking it around the room like a storm as the large machine starts to come to life and begins slowly backing out...


Coughing and waving his hands in front of his face, in a futile attempt to brush away the swirling dust, Hours watches the
antiquated machine as it runs though it's programming. "Bad idea, bad idea." runs though his mine.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:45 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = 16:
9

JIC: 1d20:
9
1d100:
90


As Kilo waits to see what evil the music could be bringing, he feels something inside him go hyper sensitive and the ogre starts to see every movement and hear every sound going on around him. What the hell is going on? I'm not complaining but why is this happening? The ogre adjusts to this new feeling quickly knowing that it can be nothing but good in the long run. I feel amazing, almost stronger even. This must be something to do with the juicer conversion. An after shock of some kind. Maybe its due to the reaction to this god forsaken music. I've never been afraid of anything before but this stuff is just not right.

Kilo regains some of his bravado as soon as the big machine begins to back out. What a load of goblin shit!! That music had me thinking some really evil might be in here. How disappointing. The ogre follows Jason staying very close in case something hidden jumps out at either of them. Kilo pokes and prods at things with his clubs hopefully there will be something that needs to be killed. If he doesn't find anything he will point at the hole and look at Jason questioningly, "Look fun that. Kilo go look?"
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:41 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 9:
7
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
17
/ 1d100:
6


Skills used:

Scribbling notes on the notes on the ancient battle scene as fast as he can, Marcus keeps an eye up on the scene unfolding before them.

Ryu Goryo wrote:Another whine kicks up as hover jets, unused for hundreds of years kick start, billowing up even more dust and kicking it around the room like a storm as the large machine starts to come to life and begins slowly backing out.


"Oh for the love a little Dog boys!!" Marcus curses as the mini storm tosses dust over everything he was investigating. A flash of Kilo beating the offending Ice-cream truck into little pieces with those massive clubs of his soothes the good doctor before he continues on with the last few notes he'll need. Looking up from the little note book, Marcus nods to the comments of the newest caster to the Templar, Rufus.

Rufus wrote:"I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that's odd..."[/b] Rufus nods. "A battle with only one death isn't really a battle. Judging by the pockmarks and burns this would have been more like an ambush -- or a murder." His brow furrows as he continues his search. "Here's hoping whoever was on the dealing end is either long gone or at least in a better mood."


"Well at this point all we are likely to figure out is that one more person was sacrificed to the fates of violence and destruction. As for what might come next, I have learned that once I leave the walled cities, anything can happen."
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 9:
8

JIC: 1d20:
14
/1d100:
7

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
56

Initiative (if needed): 1d20+3 = 20:
17


Conditions:
  • PPE: 167/224 at the end of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)

Hours Williams wrote:Hours looks at the fox-like D-bee. “Did he just call me 'Slim'?...Again?” then chuckles in spite of himself, “miser's sphincter, that's pretty good.” he thinks to himself. Answering he says, “Those letters look familiar...Oh, wait, those were on the armor of those poor bastards that were in that tree, the one when we first got here.” His expression softens slightly. “Guess he was one of them.” Standing and looking around the area for more and not finding any, Hours comments, “One guy? Well, he's not going to tell us much...damn odd for just one guy to be left here.”


Rufus nods. "That's right, I remember now. I wonder if this was this 'Nemo' guy's base of operations..." He ponders a moment and shrugs. "Strange place for a naval base. Maybe there's a large river nearby that we don't know about?"

Ryu Goryo wrote:The sound of an engine that was long, long overdue for some maintenance started up, a whining electrical sound while the welded door started to shudder jerking up and down causing it to shudder. Bit by bit the old welds began to give way in a series of sharp snaps and crackling of metal breaking and grinding like too coarse sandpaper. Then there's a final loud SNAP and the door starts to finally rumble upward, rattling as it does while dust and some debris tumbles down from the ceiling. As the door rises the sound of the ice cream machine is easier to hear, growing louder now that it's no longer muffled by the door. Finally with a clack and whine the engine shuts down as the door is fully raised.

This reveals the back end of some sort of large hover craft, depictions of ice cream bars and other frozen treats decorating it, though the paint is faded and peeling. Lights begin to flicker on, some glowing brightly while others simply flicker or stay dead. Another whine kicks up as hover jets, unused for hundreds of years kick start, billowing up even more dust and kicking it around the room like a storm as the large machine starts to come to life and begins slowly backing out. Dim light flickers past it's sides, it's storage area dimly lit up through a large hole in the wall instead. It was hard to tell given the bulk of the machine, but it looked like the machine might have actually been placed in front of the hole to help block what ever the door was welded shut to prevent it from opening so long ago.


Marcus wrote:"Oh for the love a little Dog boys!!" Marcus curses as the mini storm tosses dust over everything he was investigating.


Rufus flashes Marcus a rather quizzical, almost disturbed look for a moment, but ultimately says nothing and instead shakes his head and focuses back on the task of keeping his gun pointed at the... ice cream truck? "That's it? Just a freaking ice cream truck?" He pops off in spite of himself. "The way that was welded shut you'd figure it was going to be some large robot shooting two hundred year old ice cream out of a cannon or something like that."

Even as the disappointment (or is it relief?) washes over him, the Kankoran's brow furrows. "Wait... if it's moving on its own, either it's got an autopilot or something is piloting it." He thinks a moment. "I wonder if we could either program it to take us to the library, or at least if it'd have directions in its memory banks?"

Assuming it doesn't actually have an ice-cream cannon and doesn't actually try to kill us with it, of course...

He'll keep his pistol on the ice cream truck, and will take shots at whoever -- or whatever -- tries to jump out of it.

Actions (if needed):
1.) Shoot gun at truck/things hiding inside. Strike: 1d20+2 = 21:
19
, Damage: 5d6:
3, 3, 3, 2, 5
MD
2.) Shoot gun at truck/things hiding inside. Strike: 1d20+2 = 4:
2
, Damage: 5d6:
2, 4, 3, 6, 4
MD
3.) Shoot gun at truck/things hiding inside. Strike: 1d20+2 = 10:
8
, Damage: 5d6:
6, 5, 6, 3, 5
MD
4.) Shoot gun at truck/things hiding inside. Strike: 1d20+2 = 4:
2
, Damage: 5d6:
5, 6, 1, 3, 2
MD
5-7.) Will dodge if needed, otherwise will change out e-clips. Dodges: 1d20+5 = 14:
9
, 1d20+5 = 25:
20
, 1d20+5 = 10:
5


Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+5 = 25:
20
, 1d20+5 = 12:
7
, 1d20+5 = 22:
17
, 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, 1d20+5 = 16:
11
, 1d20+5 = 6:
1
, 1d20+5 = 23:
18
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:46 am

GM POST PENDING
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 am

Environmental Conditions wrote:There is a horrible amount of dust in the air. Those not in EBA are -8 to strike, parry and dodge and feel as though they are choking. Save VS poison or lose 1 APM. Those in EBA are -5 to strike, parry and dodge. Vision is limited to 3 feet or less even with thermal optics, infravision, etc. There is just too much floating, flying detritus in the air. Over three hundred years of dust, rot and debris. Lenses are quickly clogged and if people remain in this for much longer it's going to affect their armor systems as well. Of course if you can neutralize the cause of this it'll settle down eventually.


Everything is safe. Everything is perfectly safe. No need to shoot anything.

The cheerful music continues as the huge machine begins to ponderously back out of it's storage unit. Kilo can see through the open door that yes, there appears to be a way through into the bowels of the facility but they are going to have to all get in there first. That's going to be the difficult thing because as the unit begins to turn auxiliary jets kick in. The party just has time to see a unit the size of a small hover car with arms and a head; it's faded paint brightly colored and missing one letter of the word ice cream. Kilo also notices that the control panel near to him has turned from orange to red. Funny that. If he can actually read the text he might even get a little surprise.

Image

The end all of it though is that when the robotic behemoth's jets come online it's worse than if the party was in a snow globe and somebody shook it. It's just a complete assault on the senses. Barely anyone can see past their arms and past that for another foot everything is barely recognizable shapes. The jets themselves are surprisingly quiet though which means that everyone can still hear the pleasant music. It's just that nobody can see a damn thing. Over anything.

The music continues as a friendly voice begins speaking...

Hello, Children! Adults! Pets! Welcome to Denver Colorado's Museum of Industry! A celebration of our past and what brought this great city to what it is today!
Just a moment, children! Bringing cooling systems on-line and soon we...we-we-we-we will have the first ice cream delivery in three--three--th-th hundred years!
Ooooh, sorry about that kids! My systems indicate we haven't had a delivery in.. th-th-reeeeeeeeeeEEEEeeeee hund--dred-red-red four-four-fortee-ee-en years.
Scanning for available substitutes....


Substitute found! Today's flavor, children will be....................... BLOOD!

The storm presents a lot of problems. There isn't anywhere to go. How can you tell if you are shooting at a friend or a foe? The huge hover jets come online again, louder and angrier. With the dust, it could be anywhere.

Marcus is struck first. It's not unlike being hit by a car as the machine just careens into him and vanishes into the dust again. (-10 MDC)
Jason is next. Has he ever been run down by a car, because by god that is what this feels like. (-11 MDC)
Rufus too. (-8 MDC)

Blood extraction failed! The super friendly voice says over the ice cream van music. Hold on, Children! Moving to something sharper!

Image

OOC Note: Please read the environmental conditions, folks.
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:03 am

Conditions wrote:-8 to strike, parry and dodge and feel as though they are choking. Save VS poison or lose 1 APM, saved. Vision is limited to 3 feet or less

Perception: 1d20+7 = 21:
14

JIC: 1d20:
8
1d100:
9

Save vs poision: 1d20+12 = 22:
10

Performance: 50%| 1d100:
79


The whole situation put Kilo on edge. More than just the creepy music, something was really off about this whole situation. When all the dust starts to obscure the ogres vision, he immediately starts assessing the situation from a combat point of view. Cant' see anything. I can't let myself go like the first battle or I will end up killing one of my friends. Somehow, we have to stop this thing from blowing up so much dust. Kilo's strategy thoughts come to an abrupt halt as the recording screams out,
Stormbringer wrote:Substitute found! Today's flavor, children will be....................... BLOOD!


Juice immediately starts flowing and a low guttural growl slowly starts building from the ogre's gut. It reaches its full decibel the instant Marcus is hit by, whatever it was that hit him. The thought in his mind of stopping the cause of the dust is gone as Kilo's need to fight takes over. He screams out at the end of his growl, "NO HIT DOC!!" Another growl follows and despite him looking like a mindless beast, the juicer's warrior instincts take over and his new hyper perception fights to track the enemy. When it strikes a second time he'll make an attempt to leap through the air with a part yell part growl of, "ONLY KILO KILL NOT WOLVEN". Kilo will then stay focused with every sense available to track and strike the enemy.

By some miracle, the thoughts of caution Kilo was having prior to the attack find their way through his drug infused state and the ogre is able to hold back some of his battle fever. Striking with just a single club Kilo will make sure he is not striking one of his teammates before each attack and reserve his second club for parrying whatever the enemy might attack with.

APM 6
Int. 1d20+2 = 6:
4

Action 1: Attack with club 1d20-1 = 1:
2
Parry with second club 1d20+3 = 11:
8

Action 2: Attack with club 1d20-1 = 8:
9
Parry with second club 1d20+3 = 15:
12

Action 3: Attack with club 1d20-1 = 10:
11
Parry with second club 1d20+3 = 11:
8

Action 4: Attack with club 1d20-1 = 17:
18
Parry with second club 1d20+3 = 12:
9

Action 5: Attack with club 1d20-1 = 3:
4
Parry with second club 1d20+3 = 22:
19

Action 6: Attack with club 1d20-1 = 12:
13
Parry with second club 1d20+3 = 5:
2
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22:
20

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
7
/ 1d100:
32

save vs poison: 1d20:
11


Jets kick on and dust flies. Thick choking grit and detritus pelts the Templar as Marcus feel himself hit by a large object. "OOFH!!", exclaims the good doctor as he is knocked back in mini sand storm. Hearing the call for blood and the not knowing how everyone is doing, Marcus decides that stopping the hover jets causing the dust storm has to be the first priority. Not wanting to risk accidentally hitting teammates with stray blasts, the good doctor pull out his light blade and hooks it to the life-force adapter. Powering the device and seeing the glowing blade come to life, Marcus move in to sound of the blood craving ice cream machine.

Init: 1d20+3 = 7:
4

Actions: 8 or 7

Action 1: draw light blade and hook to life force adapter.
Action 2: Turn on sword and head to the sound of the Ice cream machine.
Action 3: Attack ice cream machine with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 5 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 4: Attack ice cream machine with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 17 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 10 Nat 19 Crit 20
Action 5: Attack ice cream machine with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 5 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 6: Attack ice cream machine with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 11 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 7: Attack ice cream machine with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 15 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 8: Attack ice cream machine with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 17 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 Nat 19 Crit 60 (Attack lost to dust storm :( )

Auto parries:
1d20+3 = 20:
17
, 1d20+3 = 16:
13
, 1d20+3 = 22:
19
, 1d20+3 = 7:
4
,
1d20+3 = 22:
19
, 1d20+3 = 18:
15
, 1d20+3 = 6:
3
, 1d20+3 = 19:
16
.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 8:
7

JIC: 1d20:
3
/1d100:
100

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
43

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18:
15


Conditions:
  • PPE: 167/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)

Rufus makes a face as the ice cream truck backs out into the larger room. His left ear starts twitching, and nothing good ever happens when it does.

That's when the main hover thrusters start up and everything goes into a hellish blizzard of 300 year old dust.

Environmental Conditions wrote:There is a horrible amount of dust in the air. Those not in EBA are -8 to strike, parry and dodge and feel as though they are choking. Save VS poison or lose 1 APM. Vision is limited to 3 feet or less even with thermal optics, infravision, etc. There is just too much floating, flying detritus in the air. Over three hundred years of dust, rot and debris. Lenses are quickly clogged and if people remain in this for much longer it's going to affect their armor systems as well. Of course if you can neutralize the cause of this it'll settle down eventually.


Save vs. (presumbably) non-lethal poison (16+): 1d20+2 = 8:
6
Well... crap in a hat.

In between coughs and the occasional gag, Rufus chokes out the words "anhelo vacuus aer!" along with a gesture. Unfortunately he's so preoccupied with trying to get a clear breath in the storm that he doesn't even see the hint of the truck as it smashes into him. "OOF!!!!!" he belts out as he rolls back and tries to regain his feet. Fortunately his armor underneath his robes (he doesn't like to advertise, you know) seems to have taken the brunt of the impact.

Looking around -- or at least TRYING to -- the one thing that's actually clear is that a dust storm in the dark can really louse up your day. How is that blasted tin can even able to see in all this mess? He ponders to himself as he tries to at least get a bearing on where it is through his keen hearing. One thing that he can hear clear as a bell is the group's resident bundle of bug-busting belligerence:

Kilo wrote:"ONLY KILO KILL NOT WOLVEN".


And if it's all the same to you, I'd prefer you not do it either... he muses. Clearly the big fella is trying to draw the machine to himself and relying on his own innate badassery to protect him long enough to put it down. Well, either that or he's just too honked-off to care. Either way, might as well let the ice cream assassin-bot zero in on him for a minute or two more.

He grabs his tunic and whispers "veneficus loricatus," followed quickly by a gestures in first one direction, then another, accompanied by chants of "dies lux lucis!" each time. May not do much other than turn a big dark blur into a big light blur, but if we can at least see the thing's shadow we can hopefully stay out of its way long enough to shut it back down.

"Jason! You hit the button to wake it up -- did you see a freaking BACK TO SLEEP button next to it?" He shouts as he dances around, trying to stay out of the thing's line of fire (such as it is) and looking for a good opportunity to snag it with a magical net as he doesn't want to risk taking a shot with his pistol.

Actions:
1.) Cast Breathe Without Air on himself -- 5 PPE
2.) Cast Armor of Ithan on himself -- 10 PPE
3.) Cast Globe of Daylight in one direction -- 2 PPE
4.) Cast Globe of Daylight in another direction -- 2 PPE
5.) Will cast Magic Net if he gets a good glimpse of the ice cream bot, otherwise reserved for a dodge. Dodge (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 14:
17

6.) Will cast Magic Net if he gets a good glimpse of the ice cream bot, otherwise reserved for a dodge. Dodge (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 10:
13



Auto-parries if needed (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 10:
13
, 1d20-3 = -1:
2
, 1d20-3 = 1:
4
, 1d20-3 = 9:
12
, 1d20-3 = 12:
15
, 1d20-3 = 17:
20
,
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:13 am

Perception:1d20:
13

JIC: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
68
%
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20:
19


Jason feels like a Zentraedi just used him for a soccer ball. He hears Kilo's roar and smiles and yells to the juicer, "Smash that thing Kilo!". Jason is thankful that the gas mask built in to the helmet of his armor lets his breath with all the dust in the air. Jason can't see anyone, fiend or foe, so shooting is out. He holsters his gun and makes for the control panel that opened the door.

Let's see, the panel had door status and knew there was an object in the room. Maybe... Jason tries to find a menu for food service, or novelties, or even an emergency shut down. If he can't find any of those, he checks to see if the climate control system can be accessed or the fire suppression system.

If I can't shut that damn thing down, maybe I can kick the ventilators on to clear the dust, or the sprinklers to wash it out of the air.

Rufus wrote:"Jason! You hit the button to wake it up -- did you see a freaking BACK TO SLEEP button next to it?" He shouts as he dances around, trying to stay out of the thing's line of fire (such as it is) and looking for a good opportunity to snag it with a magical net as he doesn't want to risk taking a shot with his pistol.


"On it!" Jason yells as he works on the panel.

Actions: 5
Jason spends 3 actions working on the control panel, reserving 2 for dodges.
((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
4
% ))
((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
69
% ))
((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
84
% ))
Dodges: 1d20+6 = 13:
7
, 1d20+6 = 26:
20
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Environmental Conditions wrote: -8 to strike, parry and dodge and feel as though they are choking. Save VS poison or lose 1 APM.


Perception: 1d20+3 = 6:
3

JIC: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
80

Save vs Poison: 1d20:
2

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 2:
1


"Should have gone for the full helmet, you dumb ass." Hours chastises himself as the dust storm rises faster then he can react to. Holding his hat on his head he tries to remember where everyone was, then...

Stormbringer wrote:Substitute found! Today's flavor, children will be....................... BLOOD!


"Oh, that's bad." Hours strains to see though the dust, but only succeeds in hurting his eyes. He's pretty sure he saw movement and heard at least three different yelps, but that train of thought is interrupted...

Stormbringer wrote:Blood extraction failed! The super friendly voice says over the ice cream van music. Hold on, Children! Moving to something sharper!


"And that's worse." The cowboy does the only thing he knows to do in a dust storm, drop to the ground and crawl for shelter. He attempts to get out of the doorway they just come in though. "Besides it sounds like the others have a better handle on the problem." He will attempt to dodge anything he feels, hears or sees coming his way.

APM: 4-1=3
Dodge: 1d20+3 = 21:
18

Dodge: 1d20+3 = 10:
7

Dodge: 1d20+3 = 18:
15
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Image


There really isn't a whole lot to see at the moment.

In fact the interior of the building looks a lot like this.

Even thermals and alternate senses don't really help.

Nonetheless the Templar are managing a frenzy of activity and responding well to the situation. Given that they have been chewed on by mutants and are now facing a mechanical beast that is bent on reprocessing them into blood flavored tasty treats they are reacting well. Nobody has paniced and nobody has done anything stupid. This is fortunate indeed. What's unfortunate is the uncertain voice over the radio comms.

"Um. Guys?"

That would be Sifnos. His voice is heard unmistakably and throughout the brewing fight with the robot and the swirling dust, the sounds of Sifnos' own problems are broadcast in clear detail to the group. He did not elect to come into the building. The last time anyone saw him he was sitting in the driver's seat of the M113.

"Come on, I don't know what's going on in there. There's smoke coming out of the windows. Is everyone okay?"

Jason has some success working with the old computer. What he doesn't find is the ability to shut it down, but he does find that the Carnation Vending Model #8441-A has been equipped with an advanced adaptive neural AI that responds to situations with genuine people personalities. It further cautions that without stimuli and the fulfillment of it's job the advanced AI tends to suffer 'cognitive failures' and 'over focusing' and recommends at least monthly memory wipes except for essential functions such as forumas for ice cream. It goes on to boast that the unit is capable of rendering most organic matter into some kind of palatable food even though it isn't ice cream. Carnation Vending Model #8841-A's have been employed to use grain to synthesize alchohol and a number of other foodstuffs around the globe. Carnation Vending: Advanced biochemistry and nanotechnology, turning today's poor quality crops into tomorrow's delicacies.

He hasn't thus been able to shut it down but he has found out a hell of lot about what they are dealing with. Something like that could have vast implications for the Templar's little farm. If only there was some way to stop it. Jason just can't seem to think of an idea yet.

"Um. Guys??!?!?!??!?!?"

"GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kilo does not have much luck. For such a big machine it is elusive as all get out, the powerful hoverjets around it it even harder to see. He swears he connects with it at least once though but for his efforts he gets hit hard across one of his forearms. (-15 MDC to Kilo's Left Arm) and the machine is gone again.

Throughout the dust, the racket of combat and everything else the happy circus music continues playing. As it moves to engage Marcus -- it must be using some kind of radar to see -- it takes two good slashes of his lightblade, momentarily identified in the dust by flashing blue sparks before hitting him with an absolutely almighty whallop from it's improvised sword and following up with a quick second slash. It is remarkably good at swordplay for an ice cream robot as both Kilo and Marcus are finding. (Natural 20: -44 MDC 1st attack, -11 MDC second both to Marcus)

Over the radio link the roar of the M113's engine coming to life is heard and a second later the main gun opens up with a long, chattering burst. Jason is experienced enough to recognize the way it seems to change pitch with every burst. The turret is being moved to fire at multiple targets.

Rufus's ideas work. As he casts the magic on himself the dust becomes less choking though it still threatens to get in his eyes until he gets his armor of Ithan spell on. The machine is actually coming for Hours too, he can hear the jets coming closer when . . . . two flashes of light illuminate the beast ever so slowly in the shifting fog. It's still hard to see and indistinct, like looking at a lantern's silhouette of a ship in the fog, but there it is. Two magic nets to flying by which the machine somehow avoids in the gloomy, billowing half light.

"Guys? I can't get the hatch closed. It's stronger than me. It's on the hatch!!! Guys, help!"

Sifnos is sounding increasingly panicked.

The open comm plays two massive explosions, the shotgun that he always carries for some reason going off.

"Okay, I got it! Trying to get the hatch closed now. All right, I've got it latched...."

The ice cream robot of death is still there, midway between Hours and everyone else. The avoidance has cost it precious seconds.

Of course, nobody can see the exits either.....

"Oh, shit!!!!!! What the fuck, the rear doors are..."

The sound that follows over the radio is a disgusting, ripping sound of wet flesh and what sounds like the exhalation of breath along with a 'tssssssssssssss'.

It is unknown what has happened to Sifnos and it us unknown how much damage this robot has taken but it's certainly taken a beating.



OOC: I'm sorry folks. I have had an incredibly shitty week. There should have been three people in the office and it was just me and I was on the road for two of those days. It took me longer to recover than I anticipated. I'm not sure if you all remember but I've been really sick for a long time with a dental infection. My endurance wasn't what I thought it was. I still love you all and I love EU. <3 I beg your paitence. Things will get better. Thank you for bearing with me.
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Perception: 1d20:
10

JIC:1d20:
12
/1d100:
91


The Architect wrote:The sound that follows over the radio is a disgusting, ripping sound of wet flesh and what sounds like the exhalation of breath along with a 'tssssssssssssss'.


Jason winces at the sound on a probable team-mate's death, but stays focused on the task in hand. Damn, and could use his expertise with the programming on this bitch. Jason highlights the section on monthly memory wipes and checks the directories to see if there are direction on how to do it. While doing that, he has a flashback to a very old, and very bad movie. Could it be possible to talk to this thing? It has an adaptive AI, maybe it will listen. Jason keeps working but calls out to the machine.

"Carnation 8441-A! There is a new update! Blood flavored ice cream has tested poorly in all markets. The new great flavor is Grigleaper! Luckily, there is a large source of grigleaper available nearby for raw materials. You would not want to fail in your duty to provide delicious ice cream to the children by giving them the wrong flavor, would you? Of course, you wouldn't. Think of all the happy faces of the children when you prepare them grigleaper ice cream. Isn't that what you were made for? Bringing smiles to the faces of the children? You wouldn't want them to cry by serving them blood flavored ice cream? Of course not! You are a Carnation 8441-A! the pride of Carnation Vending! "

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 20:
19


Actions: 5
1: Look for memory wipe instructions: ((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
38
% ))
2: Talk to machine: ((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% / 1d100:
37
% (Not sure if this is applicable, but WTH)
3: Look for memory wipe instructions or follow instructions if found: ((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
3
% ))
4: Talk to machine: ((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% / 1d100:
98
% ))
5: Look for memory wipe instructions or follow instructions if found: ((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
95
% ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Aether » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+7
JIC: 1d20 1d100

Conditions: -8 S/P/D/ due to dust

Kilo ignores the hit he takes and doubles his concentration to try and located his enemy. This cursed thing needs to die. Got to stay moving and try get a hold of it. Sheathing his clubs the ogre starts moving as quickly as keeps his eyes peeled. COME OUT FIGHT KILO!!! CHICKEN FUCK MACHINE!!! If the opportunity presents itself Kilo will jump towards the machine and try and hold on as it flies around. If he is able to jump on and stay on, Kilo will start prying and ripping into the machine with his hands and even his teeth, if possible.

APM: 6
Int. 1d20+2 = 12:
10

Action 1: Attempt to jump on the machine: 1d20-3 = 17:
20

Action 2:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 10:
13
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = -2:
1
Damage 6d6:
6, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 6:
9
Damage 6d6:
4, 4, 4, 5, 1, 4

Action 3:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 16:
19
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 11:
14
Damage 6d6:
4, 4, 3, 4, 2, 3
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 14:
17
Damage 6d6:
3, 2, 5, 1, 6, 2

Action 4:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 6:
9
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 6:
9
Damage 6d6:
6, 5, 5, 2, 5, 6
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 11:
14
Damage 6d6:
6, 2, 2, 6, 3, 6

Action 5:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 10:
13
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 3:
6
Damage 6d6:
3, 3, 4, 3, 1, 4
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 8:
11
Damage 6d6:
1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 1

Action 6:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 1:
4
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = -1:
2
Damage 6d6:
6, 4, 1, 5, 5, 6
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 3:
6
Damage 6d6:
5, 3, 6, 4, 3, 4


Parry rolls: (If he is not able to jump onto the machine)
1d20+1 = 17:
16

1d20+1 = 11:
10

1d20+1 = 4:
3

1d20+1 = 14:
13

1d20+1 = 6:
5

1d20+1 = 12:
11
Aether
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 19:
12

JIC: 1d20:
8
1d100:
4


Conditions: -8 S/P/D/ due to dust

Kilo ignores the hit he takes and doubles his concentration to try and located his enemy. This cursed thing needs to die. Got to stay moving and try get a hold of it. Sheathing his clubs the ogre starts moving as quickly as keeps his eyes peeled. COME OUT FIGHT KILO!!! CHICKEN FUCK MACHINE!!! If the opportunity presents itself Kilo will jump towards the machine and try and hold on as it flies around. If he is able to jump on and stay on, Kilo will start prying and ripping into the machine with his hands and even his teeth, if possible.

APM: 6
Int. 1d20+2 = 16:
14


Action 1: Attempt to jump on the machine: 1d20-3 = 14:
17


Action 2:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 12:
15
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 8:
11
Damage 6d6:
5, 1, 5, 2, 5, 1
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 11:
14
Damage 6d6:
1, 2, 5, 2, 4, 1


Action 3:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 17:
20
(Natural 20) Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 11:
14
Damage 6d6:
3, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 3:
6
Damage 6d6:
2, 2, 3, 1, 6, 2


Action 4:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 8:
11
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 14:
17
Damage 6d6:
5, 6, 1, 4, 6, 1
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 5:
8
Damage 6d6:
3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1


Action 5:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 5:
8
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 12:
15
Damage 6d6:
5, 6, 2, 3, 1, 4
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 1:
4
Damage 6d6:
3, 4, 2, 4, 5, 1


Action 6:Attempt to jump/stay on the machine: 1d20-3 = 5:
8
Rip/pry with free hand: 1d20-3 = 16:
19
Damage 6d6:
2, 1, 2, 6, 2, 4
Bite anything close: 1d20-3 = 11:
14
Damage 6d6:
1, 6, 5, 3, 4, 2


Parry rolls: (If he is not able to jump onto the machine)
1d20+1 = 8:
7

1d20+1 = 17:
16

1d20+1 = 9:
8

1d20+1 = 5:
4

1d20+1 = 3:
2

1d20+1 = 12:
11
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 7:
6

JIC: 1d20:
3
/1d100:
85

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
53

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 16:
13

APM: 6

Conditions:
  • PPE: 134/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge
  • Breathe Without Air: 47 melees remaining
  • Globes of Daylight: 47 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 15 melees remaining

The Architect (Sifnos) wrote:"Um. Guys?"
"Come on, I don't know what's going on in there. There's smoke coming out of the windows. Is everyone okay?"
"Um. Guys??!?!?!??!?!?"
"GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Rufus hits his comlink as he tries to keep out of the mad munchies machine's way. "Hey Sif, we're kinda busy right now. The smoke is dust and stuff from a deranged ice cream vendor's hover jets. If we can keep it from turning us all into blood smoothies you may have the mother of all mid-winter's eve presents to play with."

Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
50
/67%

The Architect wrote:Over the radio link the roar of the M113's engine coming to life is heard and a second later the main gun opens up with a long, chattering burst. Jason is experienced enough to recognize the way it seems to change pitch with every burst. The turret is being moved to fire at multiple targets.

Rufus's ideas work. As he casts the magic on himself the dust becomes less choking though it still threatens to get in his eyes until he gets his armor of Ithan spell on. The machine is actually coming for Hours too, he can hear the jets coming closer when . . . . two flashes of light illuminate the beast ever so slowly in the shifting fog. It's still hard to see and indistinct, like looking at a lantern's silhouette of a ship in the fog, but there it is. Two magic nets to flying by which the machine somehow avoids in the gloomy, billowing half light.


"Well that's a little better..." he mutters to nobody in particular. "Let's see if we can make it a lot better. "Dies lux lucis! Dies lux lucis!" He gestures in two more different directions, hoping to illuminate the area from four different directions and hopefully make this robotic monstrosity more easily visible.

The Architect (Sifnos) wrote:"Guys? I can't get the hatch closed. It's stronger than me. It's on the hatch!!! Guys, help!"
"Okay, I got it! Trying to get the hatch closed now. All right, I've got it latched...."
"Oh, shit!!!!!! What the fuck, the rear doors are..."

The sound that follows over the radio is a disgusting, ripping sound of wet flesh and what sounds like the exhalation of breath along with a 'tssssssssssssss'.


Rufus cringes. His first instinct is to rush out to help the resident mechanic, but there are two things keeping him from doing so -- the lack of being able to see any exits, and the big honkin' murder-bot that's most likely between him and said exits anyway. Gotta bring this thing down fast or else we're no better off, he says to himself. He peers through the haze, looking to see if he can make out any air intakes on the robot. How it manages to keep the airflow in this mess is beyond me, but maybe we can help clog things up. He's about to shout his idea to the others when he hears Jason...

Jason Long wrote:"Carnation 8441-A! There is a new update! Blood flavored ice cream has tested poorly in all markets. The new great flavor is Grigleaper! Luckily, there is a large source of grigleaper available nearby for raw materials. You would not want to fail in your duty to provide delicious ice cream to the children by giving them the wrong flavor, would you? Of course, you wouldn't. Think of all the happy faces of the children when you prepare them grigleaper ice cream. Isn't that what you were made for? Bringing smiles to the faces of the children? You wouldn't want them to cry by serving them blood flavored ice cream? Of course not! You are a Carnation 8441-A! the pride of Carnation Vending!"


For a moment, all the Kankoran can do is stand there with his mouth open. If this tepec manages to pull this off -- or at least makes it pause long enough for Kilo to get his paws on it -- I'm going to laugh my tail off...

Even still, he looks for targets of opportunity where he can snare the robot with a magic net. While trying his best to avoid being snared himself, of course.

Actions:
1.) Cast Globe of Daylight in yet another direction -- 2 PPE
2.) Cast Globe of Daylight in still yet another direction -- 2 PPE
3.) Will cast Magic Net if he gets a good glimpse of the ice cream bot, otherwise reserved for a dodge. Dodge (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 17:
20
Nat20?!?!?!
4.) Will cast Magic Net if he gets a good glimpse of the ice cream bot, otherwise reserved for a dodge. Dodge (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 17:
20
Nat20?!?!?!
5.) Reserved for a dodge. Dodge (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 12:
15

6.) Reserved for a dodge. Dodge (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 15:
18


Auto-parries if needed (-8 penalty factored in): 1d20-3 = 15:
18
, 1d20-3 = -1:
2
, 1d20-3 = 12:
15
, 1d20-3 = 14:
17
, 1d20-3 = 12:
15
, 1d20-3 = 15:
18
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
17
/ 1d100:
80


The force of the blows rain down on Marcus as he flails about against the dust ans wind shrouded Ice-Cream bot of death. Not being able thing of much to do other then wail on this mechanical monstrosity gone bad. Hearing Kilo somewhere near him, Marcus will try not to hit the largest member of the Templar be mistake as the good doctor continues cut at the Bad Humor bot.

Init: 1d20+3 = 23:
20

Actions: 7 or 8

Action 1: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 15 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 2: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 3 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 3: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 16 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 4: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 8 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 20
Action 5: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 6 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 40
Action 6: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 4 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 30
Action 7: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 6 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 10
Action 8: Strike robot with light blade. Roll to Strike: 1d20-2 = 14 | Damage: 1d4*10 = 30 (Might be lost due to dust)

Auto Parries:
1d20+3 = 6:
3
, 1d20+3 = 20:
17
, 1d20+3 = 13:
10
, 1d20+3 = 22:
19
,
1d20+3 = 11:
8
, 1d20+3 = 13:
10
, 1d20+3 = 5:
2
, 1d20+3 = 21:
18
.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 6:
3

JIC: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
91



The machine is actually coming for Hours too, he can hear the jets coming closer when . . . . two flashes of light illuminate the beast ever so slowly in the shifting fog. It's still hard to see and indistinct, like looking at a lantern's silhouette of a ship in the fog, but there it is.

“Hoo shit!” Hours yells in his head. On instinct he rolls hard to evade the looming death and finds himself out of the worst of the dust storm and against a wall.

Sliding with his back to the wall Hours makes it to a window and sees the M113 is still running... but there is a grigleaper chewing on a tentacle just inside of the back doors. A sorrowful groan escapes his lips, he didn't must care for the D-bee, but nothing deserves to die like that. The Psi-slinger keys his radio and in a disturbingly pleasant voice says, “And now for some more bad news...ready?” He continues in a more dire tone, “There's at least one of those grigleaper things outside this building.”

He turns from the window, “We got to end the noise before it hears and comes looking.” Walking back toward the mayhem, Hours comes up with a plan. He puts his air filter in place, pulls his hat tight to his head and with his hand floating above his revolvers, waits for the shape of the crazed ice cream vendor to move into view again. When it does, he takes a deep breath and focuses his mind (Intuitive Combat).

Hours takes off running at full speed, snapping his revolvers out of their holsters. He dives onto his back to launch hiself under the machine, as he slides across the loose dust and dirt he will fire into the hoverjets as he passes by underneath.

Initiative: 1d20+6 = 18:
12

APM:5
Action 1: Intuitive Combat (for 6 rounds)
Action 2: Run, Dive and Slide...with style
Action 3: Target hoverjets. To hit: 1d20+3 = 13:
10
/1d20+3 = 11:
8
Dmg: 1d20:
1
MD/1d20:
6
MD
Action 4: Target hoverjets. To hit: 1d20+3 = 17:
14
/1d20+3 = 5:
2
Dmg: 1d20:
11
MD/1d20:
11
MD
Action 5: Target hoverjets. To hit: 1d20+3 = 10:
7
/1d20+3 = 9:
6
Dmg: 1d20:
2
MD/1d20:
5
MD

Dodges as required:
Dodge: 1d20+7 = 21:
14

Dodge: 1d20+7 = 15:
8

Dodge: 1d20+7 = 9:
2

Dodge: 1d20+7 = 9:
2
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:03 am

The dust is absolute. It is like a living thing; an enemy all of it's own. A third party that is bent only on making life difficult for the Templar.

Where there is nothing there is dust. Where there is everything there is more dust and through the roaring of hover jets makes communications almost impossible.

Bits and pieces of what the other Templar say reach individual ears.

The rest is lost in the howling monstrosity of centuries of decay and erosion and the shriek of a hover vehicle in a much too small space.

All except for the sounds of combat. Marcus' blade is effective and true and the doctor seems to have reasonably good luck. Many of his attacks slash at open air but he knows for sure he lands three solid hits. Solid ones too for he feels the blade bite down hard. He is about to set up for more when...

The pitch and whine of the turbines changes suddenly as they accelerate under the load of a titan juicer added to an armored carapace. For a moment Kilo and the machine are almost distinct through the obscurity as they grapple, Kilo tearing away armor with his bare hands and the machine scrabbling and twisting; banging it's corners against the floor in showers of sparks as it tries to get him off. He succeeds in doing quite a bit of damage until it gets hold of his wrist and judo style smashes him face first into the glass wall which must be MDC because it holds. It does no real damage but he'll need to collect himself and find the unit again. (GM: Kilo, going with the first set of rolls. Sorry bud. -1 attack due tot the body flip and lost init.)

"Unknown species detected, unsuitable for refining due to biological contaminants. Too much cleaning needed. Seeking other targets. Hold on, Children!"


Hours is a stylish cowboy indeed and he will be the cleanest of all of the Templar as he slides under the machine and lands a pair of solid hits. Meanwhile, the pounding jets of air washing the dust off of his armor. One turbine grinds to a sparking halt which makes it slide slip to the left which is just perfect to prevent the embarrassment of being snared by sticky fibers of magic netting a second or two later. (GM's Note: Hours, FYI: Called shots are two actions. Aimed called are three. :D Also, Intuitive Combat as per the description takes 15 seconds of concentration -- an entire melee round -- before it's activated so I am playing this off as not having happened. It's a very cool power but needs to be activated ahead of time. :alien: )

Rufus finds success, both in lighting up the inside of the dust -- making the room look like ball lightning in fog -- and actually managing to get a net on the thing which brings it to a sparking halt.

It's going to take a minute or two for the dust to die down and everyone to collect themselves.

That's when..

"Sorry kids, looks like we won't be going anywhere today! .... please provide appropriate biological sample. Blood extraction process temporarily halted. Query: Is there a better way?"

/Something/ Jason did worked. Or bringing the machine to a halt. Or both.

Now, can everyone refrain from making it explode long enough for him to do something?

Probably not as this is the Templar. If someone doesn't blow it up they'll slip on a banana peel that's been there since the apocalypse and crash into it and cause a nuclear fireball that will usher in a new age of the apocalypse.

Or maybe not too!
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby The Architect » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:54 pm

(OOC Bump as I feel people might not have gotten the notification when I edited it days ago)
The Architect
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 10:
9

JIC: 1d20:
10
/1d100:
39

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
18

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 6:
3

APM: 6

Conditions:
  • PPE: 116/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge
  • Breathe Without Air: 46 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 46 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 47 melees remaining
  • Magic Net: 7 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 14 melees remaining

The Architect wrote:The dust is absolute. It is like a living thing; an enemy all of it's own. A third party that is bent only on making life difficult for the Templar.

"Unknown species detected, unsuitable for refining due to biological contaminants. Too much cleaning needed. Seeking other targets. Hold on, Children!"

Rufus finds success, both in lighting up the inside of the dust -- making the room look like ball lightning in fog -- and actually managing to get a net on the thing which brings it to a sparking halt.

"Sorry kids, looks like we won't be going anywhere today! .... please provide appropriate biological sample. Blood extraction process temporarily halted. Query: Is there a better way?"


"YES! Hatee-hatee-hatee-HO!!!!!!" Rufus fist pumps as the ice cream bot o' death screeches to a halt. We've won a chance to regroup, at least -- that net ought to hold a couple of minutes. However the celebration is somewhat short-lived as the kankoran is struck dumbfounded over its apparent change of heart. Or central processor. Or whatever.

"No bom žaba ranžiranja prasec* -- he actually did it..." Rufus chuckles under his breath. It keeps talking to 'children.' I wonder... "He's right, mister..." he calls out as he steps out from behind his cover. "Blood isn't a very yummy flavor nowadays. You know what's yummy? Stuff grown on a farm. Fresh stuff."

Rufus takes a step forward, hoping the bot will interpret his small size as him being a child himself. "We might could help you, mister. We know where a farm is and we might could help you get there. You could help grow the food and fix it for all us kids. You could make a lot of kids happy because a lot of them don't get yummy stuff. You wouldn't have to be all lonely here by yourself anymore." He tries to sound as much like a child as he can in order to further sell the idea. "But we can't take unfriendly ice cream robots, so you're gonna have to stop trying to kill us if you want to come with us. If you don't, then our pal Kilo is going to have to make you stop."

He pauses a moment. "So how 'bout it, mister? Will you be our friend? Pleeeeeeeeze?"

Wolvenar's scruff, I hope that doesn't sound as pitiful as I think it does...

*Well I'll be a frog-humping S.O.B.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:01 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13:
11
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
14
/ 1d100:
51


Skills used:
Radio: Basic--85% Roll: 1d100:
78


Blinded by dust, ears ringing from the noise of the hoverjets, Marcus thrashes away at the Ice-Cream bot of doom. Through some form of luck and magic the mechanical maniac is calmed and the good doctor calls out through the dust, "Is everyone ok? Is anyone hurt? Templar, Head count.". Grabbing his radio Marcus will ask again to make to make sure that everyone is ok. "Templar, head count. Anyone hurt?" The good doctor will wait a little to hear the replies and is anyone doesn't answer he will go in search of them.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:38 am

Perception: 1d20:
2

JIC: 1d20:
2
/ 1d100:
40


The Architect wrote:That's when..

"Sorry kids, looks like we won't be going anywhere today! .... please provide appropriate biological sample. Blood extraction process temporarily halted. Query: Is there a better way?"


It worked?? Wish I knew if it was talking to it or working on the panel that did it, but I'll take it. Jason thinks quickly. Back when he was in MP training, they had a brief class on the APR-4 Golem patrol robot. It had a simple AI like this one. Maybe there is a protocol that will have the robot follow a technician for maintenance. Grasping at the opportunity, Jason makes his decision.
((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
21
))

"Templar, stand down." Jason waits for Rufus to make his plea to the robot, still working on the terminal.

Marcus wrote: "Templar, head count. Anyone hurt?"

Jason replies "Jason, 10-4"

"Carnation 8441-A, there is a better way. Come with us, this facility has been shut down and the children no longer come here. We will refurbish you, update your files with the most desired products, and take you where there are children and adults you can bring joy to. I am Jason, do you have a preferred designation?" Jason uses a calm voice, like he was speaking with a child.

((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% / 1d100:
46
))
((Interrogation--77% / 1d100:
36
))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = 8:
1

JIC: 1d20:
5
1d100:
20


Kilo stands up after his fall and quickly surveys the room. The damn thing is down and it doesn't look like anyone else is attacking it. Damn it!! I really want to dummy that thing. Nobody just hucks me into a wall. His internal tirade is interrupted by Marcus,
Marcus wrote:"Templar, head count. Anyone hurt?"


Not wanting to bother reaching for his radio the ogre just grumbles out, "Kilo don't get hurt." Listening to the obvious attempts to capture the robot Kilo does his best to quietly approach the robot from behind. If he can get to within 20 feet he will stop and keep an eye on the reaction the robot has to the coercion. If at any point it looks like it is going to get aggressive, Kilo will not hesitate to attack. Let's wrap this shit up, Fishy might not be in a good spot.

All of this is contingent on the robot acting in a hostile manner.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

APM: 6
Action 1-2: Jumping power punch to the robot: 1d20-3 = 3:
6
Damage 2d4*10 = 50:
4, 1

Action 3-4: Jumping power punch to the robot: 1d20-3 = 5:
8
Damage 2d4*10 = 60:
3, 3

Action 5-6: Jumping power punch to the robot: 1d20-3 = 3:
6
Damage 2d4*10 = 60:
3, 3


Parries:
1d20-1 = 2:
3

1d20-1 = 17:
18

1d20-1 = 7:
8

1d20-1 = 18:
19

1d20-1 = 16:
17

1d20-1 = 17:
18
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:43 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
5


Hours hops to his feet and side steps an ancient banana peel on the floor, probably uncovered by the blowing dust, as the machine slide slips and is covered by sticky fibers of magic netting. "Whoa, thanks for taking the hit on that one. It was probably meant for you anyways" He says and tips his hat.

The Architect wrote:"Sorry kids, looks like we won't be going anywhere today! .... please provide appropriate biological sample. Blood extraction process temporarily halted. Query: Is there a better way?"


"Did I do that?" The cowboy asks himself while eyeing the robot and holstering his revolvers. Marcus shouting in his ear piece makes him winces, but Hours keys his own and replies, All good here, doc. I think I'm actually cleaner now then when I came in."

Kilo wrote:"Kilo don't get hurt."


"Show off." He says with a chuckle.

Jason Long wrote:"Carnation 8441-A, there is a better way. Come with us, this facility has been shut down and the children no longer come here. We will refurbish you, update your files with the most desired products, and take you where there are children and adults you can bring joy to. I am Jason, do you have a preferred designation?" Jason uses a calm voice, like he was speaking with a child.


The way Jason's talking about children puts a lump in Hours throat and a pang of guilt in his heart. Then suddenly his sub-conscience yells "Don't forget the grigleaper asshole!" "Shit, the grigleaper is still outside and so is Traveller." he says aloud and seemingly not thinking of the danger or the effectiveness (or lack there of) of his guns, he starts heading back the way he came, revolvers in hand.

Hours throws a glance in Kilos direction as he leaves the room.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:07 am

((rolls held over))

Marcus wrote:"Templar, head count. Anyone hurt?"


Rufus rolls his eyes a bit. He doesn't want to break 'character' just in case his shtick is actually working, but at the same time he doesn't want to say anything more than he has to. This is already going to be hard enough to live down as it is. But he keys his comlink anyway. "Peachy keen here, Doctor Marcus," he chirps back in his best kid voice. "We're tryin' to get this big shiny ice cream man to be our friend. Wouldn't it be cool if he was?"

Jason Long wrote:"Carnation 8441-A, there is a better way. Come with us, this facility has been shut down and the children no longer come here. We will refurbish you, update your files with the most desired products, and take you where there are children and adults you can bring joy to. I am Jason, do you have a preferred designation?" Jason uses a calm voice, like he was speaking with a child.


Rufus says nothing but simply nods eagerly... and there may nor may not be a bit of a bounce in his stance as he does.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:44 am

Rufus wrote:It keeps talking to 'children.' I wonder... "He's right, mister..." he calls out as he steps out from behind his cover. "Blood isn't a very yummy flavor nowadays. You know what's yummy? Stuff grown on a farm. Fresh stuff."


The robot seems a little confused by this statement "According to my recipe databases, blood extracted from living organics is fresh."

Rufus wrote:Rufus takes a step forward, hoping the bot will interpret his small size as him being a child himself. "We might could help you, mister. We know where a farm is and we might could help you get there. You could help grow the food and fix it for all us kids. You could make a lot of kids happy because a lot of them don't get yummy stuff. You wouldn't have to be all lonely here by yourself anymore." He tries to sound as much like a child as he can in order to further sell the idea. "But we can't take unfriendly ice cream robots, so you're gonna have to stop trying to kill us if you want to come with us. If you don't, then our pal Kilo is going to have to make you stop."


"I'm sorry children, I don't understand. I'm not trying to kill anyone, I'm just trying to convert your biological matter into delicious ice cream! Everyone loves ice cream"

Rufus wrote:He pauses a moment. "So how 'bout it, mister? Will you be our friend? Pleeeeeeeeze?"/b]


[b]"But of course children! That's why I'm trying to make you delicious ice cream!"

Marcus wrote: Grabbing his radio Marcus will ask again to make to make sure that everyone is ok. "Templar, head count. Anyone hurt?" The good doctor will wait a little to hear the replies and is anyone doesn't answer he will go in search of them.


Ominously, there comes no response from the previously panicked Sifnos.

Jason Long wrote:"Carnation 8441-A, there is a better way. Come with us, this facility has been shut down and the children no longer come here. We will refurbish you, update your files with the most desired products, and take you where there are children and adults you can bring joy to. I am Jason, do you have a preferred designation?" Jason uses a calm voice, like he was speaking with a child.


"I'm sorry I don't understand. Clearly there are children enjoying the museum, just like they have for the past <<ERROR>> years! This unit is Carnation 8441-A, last service date was December 12th, 2098. My next service call is due in <<ERROR>> days."


Hours Williams wrote:"Shit, the grigleaper is still outside and so is Traveller." he says aloud and seemingly not thinking of the danger or the effectiveness (or lack there of) of his guns, he starts heading back the way he came, revolvers in hand.


With Hours being the first out the door to check on the previously horribly panicked Sifnos, he's also the first to see the carnage, and it's not a pretty picture. The first sign Hours has that something has gone horribly wrong, is the oddly coloured blood running down from the top of the APC. Checking out the interior isn't hard though as the rear ramp is currently wide open. If the outside didn't look good, the interior was vastly worse. Tiny chunks of unidentifiable gore along with what looks to be the odd piece of tentacle is splattered all about the front end inside the APC. It starts off with a trail of blood that then turns into a bit of a streak, ending with most of it around the driver's seat cupola. Fleshy strings dangle, still dripping from the open hatch. Spent shotgun shell casings line the way as well while there's a number of scratches and upturned gear littering the interior from the struggle. (Save vs HF 13 due to the horrific scene and the smell. Throwing up may be appropriate)

As to Traveller or the grigleaper(s)? There's no immediate sign.
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22:
20
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
7
/ 1d100:
35


Skills used: Attempting to confirm a few facts.
Medical Doctor--108/110% Roll: 1d100:
4
(Yep, he's dead Jim.)
Crime Scene Investigation--90% Roll: 1d100:
79
(Yep, got ripped apart, Jim)

Marcus starts to sigh in relief as the Templar check in. All that ends when...

Ryu Goryo wrote:Ominously, there comes no response from the previously panicked Sifnos.


Looking around at the Ice-Cream bot of Doom and the rest of the Templar handling it, the good doctor tries to slip back out to check on the multi-limbed mechanic. What greets Marcus' eye is not a scene he had ever hoped to see.

Ryu Goryo wrote:With Hours being the first out the door to check on the previously horribly panicked Sifnos, he's also the first to see the carnage, and it's not a pretty picture. The first sign Hours has that something has gone horribly wrong, is the oddly coloured blood running down from the top of the APC. Checking out the interior isn't hard though as the rear ramp is currently wide open. If the outside didn't look good, the interior was vastly worse. Tiny chunks of unidentifiable gore along with what looks to be the odd piece of tentacle is splattered all about the front end inside the APC. It starts off with a trail of blood that then turns into a bit of a streak, ending with most of it around the driver's seat cupola. Fleshy strings dangle, still dripping from the open hatch. Spent shotgun shell casings line the way as well while there's a number of scratches and upturned gear littering the interior from the struggle. (Save vs HF 13 due to the horrific scene and the smell. Throwing up may be appropriate)


As the good doctor moves into the APC he tries to harden himself against what he thinks he will find. Once his eyes take in the cockpit, medical training not withstanding, Marcus can't help be overwhelmed. The sounds of expectorated wet matter fill the cockpit along with a non too pleasant odor as Marcus loses what had been a nice lunch. Quickly leaving the confines of the APC, the good doctor takes a deep breath and reports back in over the radio in a bit of a shaken voice. "Sifnos, is no longer with us. Looks like the grigleaper(s)? got him."

After reporting that in Marcus will keep an eye on the folks in the building but take a few moment out in the open air to morn one more loss.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 10:
3

JIC: 1d20:
17
1d100:
64


Kilo stands quietly listening to everyone talk to the robot. This is stupid let's just smash the damn thing.

ROBOT wrote:The robot seems a little confused by this statement "According to my recipe databases, blood extracted from living organics [i]is fresh."


Oh they are trying to get it back on the farm. Now I get it. A thought jumps into the ogre's mind unbidden and almost makes him burst out in laughter. Haha, they are trying to convince it that human blood is not tasty. How am I supposed to argue that, I love human blood, especially warm, its like that stuff they call gravy.

ROBOT wrote:"I'm sorry children, I don't understand. I'm not trying to kill anyone, I'm just trying to convert your biological matter into delicious ice cream! Everyone loves ice cream"


Kilo fights to keep his foot from tapping as he sits and waits for the conversation to end. I think they are assuming the machine understands eating human blood is bad.

ROBOT wrote:"But of course children! That's why I'm trying to make you delicious ice cream!"


The conversation being funny is long past due. Kilo is now very bored and frustrated at the situation. He wants to say something but knows talking is not his strong suit so he bites his tounge and remains quiet.

ROBOT wrote:"I'm sorry I don't understand. Clearly there are children enjoying the museum, just like they have for the past <<ERROR>> years! This unit is Carnation 8441-A, last service date was December 12th, 2098. My next service call is due in <<ERROR>> days."


The frustration gets the best of him and Kilo finds his mouth moving before he knows it. "Fuck dummy!!! Eat blood not ok anymore. I know it delicious but you not make children happy with blood. Go sleep, we fix and you make lot children happy."
Oh shit. That may have been a mistake. Oh well, at least we can fight again if its pissed off.


(OOC: If the robot gets pissy)
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+2
Action 1: Attack with one club and use the other to parry. Attack 1d20+7 = 24:
17
Parry 1d20+11 = 27:
16
damage 6d6:
1, 2, 4, 3, 4, 4

Action 2: Attack with one club and use the other to parry. Attack 1d20+7 = 25:
18
Parry 1d20+11 = 26:
15
damage 6d6:
1, 6, 5, 1, 5, 4

Action 3: Attack with one club and use the other to parry. Attack 1d20+7 = 25:
18
Parry 1d20+11 = 23:
12
damage 6d6:
3, 4, 6, 1, 5, 2

Action 4: Attack with one club and use the other to parry. Attack 1d20+7 = 25:
18
Parry 1d20+11 = 20:
9
damage 6d6:
2, 2, 5, 4, 6, 6

Action 5: Attack with one club and use the other to parry. Attack 1d20+7 = 20:
13
Parry 1d20+11 = 21:
10
damage 6d6:
6, 2, 3, 6, 5, 3

Action 6: Attack with one club and use the other to parry. Attack 1d20+7 = 26:
19
Parry 1d20+11 = 17:
6
damage 6d6:
2, 5, 4, 4, 4, 2
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:09 pm

Perception: 1d20:
6

JIC: 1d20:
10
/ [dice]1dc100[/dice]

Kilo wrote: "Fuck dummy!!! Eat blood not ok anymore. I know it delicious but you not make children happy with blood. Go sleep, we fix and you make lot children happy."


Jason winces at Kilo's statements and hopes the robot has a problem understanding. "Kilo, would you help Hours and Doc outside? They might need help with the grigleapers that got Sifnos and I know you can take any grigleapers that show up. "

Jason turns back to the panel, looking for maintenance codes or protocols while trying to convince the robot to stand down and join them. If Jason can find a maintenance log, he looks for the maintenance schedule and regulations for mandatory service periods. hmm... this is a civilian machine. meaning ease of maintenance versus armor and security. There should be relatively easy access to the power supply and an emergency shutdown button. It is meant to work around children, so an emergency shutdown would be mandated...

"Carnation 8441-A, Please update your clock. It is currently (provide the correct date). Until you are serviced and re-certified, you cannot serve ice cream to the children. Check your memory banks. Query: What was the expiration date on your certification? Query: what children, you said that this is your first delivery in 300 years. I will get you serviced, re-certified, and supplied so that you can carry out your directives."

Jason keeps hoping that either the machine will start to listen or he can find a way to pull it's powerpack or put it in safe mode.

((Computer Operation--93% / 1d100:
77
% ))
((General Repair & Maintenance—52% / 1d100:
83
% )) (trying to figure out where a cut-out or lock-out would be)
((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 30% / 1d100:
27
% ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:37 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 12:
11

JIC: 1d20:
16
/1d100:
49

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
22

Initiative (if needed): 1d20+3 = 16:
13

APM (if needed): 6

Conditions:
  • PPE: 116/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)
  • Environmental Conditions: -8 to strike, parry, and dodge
  • Breathe Without Air: 45 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 45 melees remaining
  • 2x Globes of Daylight: 46 melees remaining
  • Magic Net: 6 melees remaining
  • Armor of Ithan: 40/40 MDC; 13 melees remaining


Well what do you know, this is going a bit better than I thought... Rufus says to himself. Maybe we stand a chance of getting out of this after all. Which is good, because I don't think that getting killed while roleplaying a child arguing with an ice cream server is something one would ever be able to live down in the afterlife.

Gratuitously Gory Good Humor Bot wrote:"According to my recipe databases, blood extracted from living organics is fresh."

"I'm sorry children, I don't understand. I'm not trying to kill anyone, I'm just trying to convert your biological matter into delicious ice cream! Everyone loves ice cream"

"But of course children! That's why I'm trying to make you delicious ice cream!"


Rufus bounces a little with an exaggerated eye roll and head bob. "Well duh yeah it's fresh, mister -- but if ya kill us gettin' it then we can't eat it, can we? And if we could eat it, we wouldn't like it because BLOOD IS YUCKY!!!!" He shrugs and gestures to the robot. "I mean, you don't know it 'cause you're made of metal and stuff... but when you're a kid and you fall and bust your lip, you don't cry 'cause you fell and hurt yourself. You cry because you can taste your own blood and it makes your tummy feel sick. Makes you wanna barf and stuff. And the only good thing 'bout barfin' and stuff is that you don't have to go to school if you do it."

((Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 1d100:
50
/25%))

Marcus wrote:"Sifnos, is no longer with us. Looks like the grigleaper(s)? got him."


Speaking of wanting to barf and stuff... Rufus grimaces. There goes our mechanic. I wonder if anybody else in our group has mechanical skills? He thinks back to his past, when he and Septimus first started studying the mystic arts in Lazlo. The thought of Techno-Wizardry really appealed to him, but Septimus and Uncle Cato both argued that it was still a relatively new discipline and he should learn the more traditional forms of magic first. The arguments sounded logical at the time, but the mechanical/electrical skills that he would likely have learned along the way to study being a Techno-Wizard would have definitely come in handy right about now.

Jason Long wrote:Jason winces at Kilo's statements and hopes the robot has a problem understanding. "Kilo, would you help Hours and Doc outside? They might need help with the grigleapers that got Sifnos and I know you can take any grigleapers that show up."

"Carnation 8441-A, Please update your clock. It is currently (provide the correct date). Until you are serviced and re-certified, you cannot serve ice cream to the children. Check your memory banks. Query: What was the expiration date on your certification? Query: what children, you said that this is your first delivery in 300 years. I will get you serviced, re-certified, and supplied so that you can carry out your directives."


Rufus nods. "Yeah you should listen to him, mister. He's a cop and everything. He's protecting us while we go visit the library. Do you know where the library is, mister? We kinda got lost and we're supposed to meet our friend there."

((Invoke Trust/Intimidate -- especially if the previous attempt didn't work: 1d100:
8
/25%))
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:03 am

For Hours and Marcus, the outdoors were eerily quiet again. Search as they might there were no immediate signs of any more grigleapers. Odds were pretty good that the ones that had come by had probably carried off Hours' horse and what ever else remained of Sifnos to be devoured somewhere. Of course someone would have to clean out what was left of Sifnos from the APC at some point, the ichor or blood that was everywhere was drying out and well.. the rest would likely start to rot at some point. That said it would probably take a good hosing and scrubbing of the APC to get it completely clean, or at least some serious application of cleanse spells.

Kilo wrote:The frustration gets the best of him and Kilo finds his mouth moving before he knows it. "Fuck dummy!!! Eat blood not ok anymore. I know it delicious but you not make children happy with blood. Go sleep, we fix and you make lot children happy."


Rufus wrote:Rufus bounces a little with an exaggerated eye roll and head bob. "Well duh yeah it's fresh, mister -- but if ya kill us gettin' it then we can't eat it, can we? And if we could eat it, we wouldn't like it because BLOOD IS YUCKY!!!!" He shrugs and gestures to the robot. "I mean, you don't know it 'cause you're made of metal and stuff... but when you're a kid and you fall and bust your lip, you don't cry 'cause you fell and hurt yourself. You cry because you can taste your own blood and it makes your tummy feel sick. Makes you wanna barf and stuff. And the only good thing 'bout barfin' and stuff is that you don't have to go to school if you do it."


The robot seems to be pretty stuck on this point. "How would you know unless you tried it!? Why this unit was specifically equipped with a Skynet 36C atom-recombinator designed to recycle any known biological matter and reconstitute it into as many as two hundred and thirty four different flavours of ice cream!

Jason Long wrote:"Carnation 8441-A, Please update your clock. It is currently (provide the correct date). Until you are serviced and re-certified, you cannot serve ice cream to the children. Check your memory banks. Query: What was the expiration date on your certification? Query: what children, you said that this is your first delivery in 300 years. I will get you serviced, re-certified, and supplied so that you can carry out your directives."


"Statement: This unit carries life time certification from Carnation Vending Incorporated. This unit is also registered with the local city hall to vend or otherwise provide ice cream to any and all individuals including those suffering from common allergies. However this unit is currently out of standard supply stock. Based upon my programming parameters I am authorized to give you thirty minutes to acquire suitable biological stock, otherwise this unit will have to return to attempting to extract suitable material."


Rufus wrote:Rufus nods. "Yeah you should listen to him, mister. He's a cop and everything. He's protecting us while we go visit the library. Do you know where the library is, mister? We kinda got lost and we're supposed to meet our friend there."


"Nonsense child. This man can not be a police officer. He is not even dressed appropriately, nor are his credentials showing up on the local police databases this unit has access to. You really shouldn't believe strangers, they will only lead you into trouble! As to the Historical Library, it is located down hallway C just past the entrance to the magnificent Museum of Historical Artifacts!"
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:16 am

Perception: 1d20:
10

JIC: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
64


Ryu Goryo wrote:Statement: This unit carries life time certification from Carnation Vending Incorporated. This unit is also registered with the local city hall to vend or otherwise provide ice cream to any and all individuals including those suffering from common allergies. However this unit is currently out of standard supply stock. Based upon my programming parameters I am authorized to give you thirty minutes to acquire suitable biological stock, otherwise this unit will have to return to attempting to extract suitable material."


Well that didn't work, maybe..... Jason thinks quickly, biological stocks...didn't the original display say that the robot had resupply organic liquids as a primary directive?

"Thank you Carnation 8441-A. Remain here on standby and I will return with biological stock for you. What quantity do you require? Also, can you tell us where the library is? "

Jason gets on the radio to the rest of the Templar outside. "Gather up as much of the fluid from inside the grigleapers as you can. Any other biological fuild you can locate out there would also help.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:57 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
20
/1d100:
82


Prowl 50% -1d100:
66

Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% - 1d100:
30


Hours searches high and low for any sign of Traveller to determine if he was able to run off or end up like Sifnos "Not another horse...Why does this keep happening?...This time all my damn gear was on it...This can't be happening." he says in a low voice which he investigates, not wanting to attract the attention of anything. He searches away from the vehicle filled with the gooey remains of poor Sifnos, the thought of the inside of threatens to turn his stomach.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
57


Skills used:
Forensics--90% Roll: 1d100:
17


Marcus looks around at the mess inside and shudders when he hears,,,,

Jason Long wrote:Jason gets on the radio to the rest of the Templar outside. "Gather up as much of the fluid from inside the grigleapers as you can. Any other biological fuild you can locate out there would also help.


"Oh you have got to be kidding me." Thinks the good doctor before he answers back over the radio. "That wont' be a problem,,,,there is enough.". With that Marcus pulls out his sample containers and forensic equipment. Gathering up as much as he reasonably can in a short time, Marcus heads back into the building. Moving over to Jason Marcus hands over the collected bio-matter with the thoughts, "First Natasha has me preforming autopsies so she can get the organs read by a psychic now Jason has me gathers Grigleaper goo for something I am sure I don't want to know about. Everyday beyond the great walls has certainly been adventure." Our loud Marcus tries to act casual and says, "Here you go Sir, I can't make any promises if that is going where I think it is."
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Jason Long wrote:"Thank you Carnation 8441-A. Remain here on standby and I will return with biological stock for you. What quantity do you require? Also, can you tell us where the library is? "


"This unit has a capacity to store up to five hundred litres of processed ice cream. My material recombination processor however can only handle ten litres at a time. I'm sorry, but due to a network connectivity error, I am unable to provide you with directions to the public library."

Hours Williams wrote:Hours searches high and low for any sign of Traveller to determine if he was able to run off or end up like Sifnos


As Hours begins to range further and further outward from the APC, he can't shake the feeling that he's being watched, though if he is, he can't see any sign of it. He does however eventually find a fairly large pool of red drying blood along with a sizable blood smear running up the wall of one of the ruined buildings. Odds were fairly good that he'd very likely not be getting the horse back, The gear might be salvageable, but first he'd have go find it. He did however at least have a direction to go in, and following the trail wouldn't be terribly hard, at least for the time being.

With both Hours and Marcus outside, they could see the storm clouds with their occasional blue flashes of lightning and thunder were drawing nearer as time went on. It looked like quite a storm was stirring up and crawling in their direction. The upside was at least that there was plenty of shelter from the inevitable wind and rain it would bring, but it would also serve to wash away the trail of blood, and make it much more difficult to see.

Marcus wrote:Moving over to Jason Marcus hands over the collected bio-matter. Marcus tries to act casual and says, "Here you go Sir, I can't make any promises if that is going where I think it is."


Presented with the sample of grigleaper the robot takes a few moments to scan it before speaking "Error: Unsuitable sample. Material density too high. Presence of contaminants exceeds safety limits. Please provide a new sample."
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Perception:1d20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
24
%

Ryu Goryo wrote:Presented with the sample of grigleaper the robot takes a few moments to scan it before speaking "Error: Unsuitable sample. Material density too high. Presence of contaminants exceeds safety limits. Please provide a new sample."


Dammit! Hoped that would work. Maybe... Jason dives into his pack and digs out the MREs. Jason empties the pouch, then fills the pouch half full of water. He dumps the entree pack into the water and shakes it up. He offers that to the robot.

"Try this sample. You should be able to process these foodstuffs into icecream. If this is acceptable, I know where there is a large supply of varied foodstuffs that you can process. "

Jason calls the other Templar on the radio, "Girgleaper didn't cut it. Trying MREs. Does anyone see another source of Earth type, biological matter? It may help create a partnership with our new friend here.

((Radio: Basic--87% / 1d100:
96
% ))
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: The Templars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest