The Crawling City

Moderator: Augur

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:35 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 12:
10

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
6
/ 1d100:
50


After checking in with the MercTown State Hospital, Marcus finds himself heading back out to the Templar farm to see how everyone is settling back in. As the wind runs across the middle-aged mans' face, Marcus tries to let his mind decompress after the last whirlwind mission the Templar faced. The gaining and losing of members stirs the continuation of the good doctors feeling that life outside the Mega-Cities is so brief but exciting. In the short two years since he parted ways with the Coalition States, Marcus has met many beings and had is perceptions shifted so many times that he can't recognize his old self anymore. "That is for the best. Even with life being so much more fleeting out here in the world, I wouldn't have it any other way. Now let's see what today's' surprises will be.". Thinks Marcus as he comes in sight of the farm.

Seeing multiple Templar and others out in front of the main house, Marcus will come in for landing about sixty feet from the group and walk up. Heading towards the group, Marcus looks to be a human in his late forties. Long brown hair kept in a pony tail might be covering up a early stages of a bald spot. Wearing a long lab-coat that is clean but to a keen eye it has been patched and sewn multiple times. A few bits of Techo-Wizardry hang from the good doctors belt as he approaches the group with a warm smile and he says, "Jason, Rufus, I apologize for taking off so quickly when we got back, the Hospital needed a quick hand. What have I missed?"
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:11 am

With Mr Tombey now gone on his way, a number of new people (including the rather suddenly appearing Talesin) and Marcus returning from helping out the hospital, at least the group, such as it was, was now finally back together again. Well mostly. Kilo was still.. somewhere. And while he might not have paid for his beer this time around, he'll certainly find he now has a running tab to say the least. Beyond that the group now just had to figure out how they wanted to go about getting to their destination and ensuring they were all properly supplied for the trip. Not only that but they now had a fairly decent advance to help cover any up front costs this time around too. Or, if Jason chose, to give everyone an early payout.
Captain Cook
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Ryu Goryo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:14 am

Kilo

The woman rolls her eyes and looks away as Kilo strips down. None of the other patrons are in any condition to care, as far gone as they all seem to be.

"I'll add this to the list of things I can't unsee. Thanks for that. You do know Naruni typically takes a week to work on armor, right?" Aphrodite snaps her fingers and one of the staff brings out a paper-wrapped box with some scribbles on the top. Kilo's probably sure the scribbles might mean something to one of his teammates maybe.


"I guess I'd pay better if you can manage to deliver the package by the time the armor's done. But as it's gotta go some thirteen hundred miles to get delivered and another thirteen hundred the way back, I figure you might want to wait for the armor to be done. If that's the case, I'll hold on to this until you're ready to leave." Aphrodite snaps her fingers again, and someone comes and picks up the piled armor pieces.

If Kilo wants to take the package immediately still, Aphrodite slides it over to him. "Don't drop it or kick it around, okay? And NO peeking."
Ryu Goryo
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:13 am

(...rolls held)

Ryu Goryo wrote:If Kilo wants to take the package immediately still, Aphrodite slides it over to him. "Don't drop it or kick it around, okay? And NO peeking."


Goddamn stupid ogre. Stop making your whole race look dumb. The ogre looks over to Aphrodite a little abashed at the mistake and says, "Kilo take to Templar bossman now, come back armor. Kilo no peek and make sure get to where it go."

Kilo takes the package and carries it carefully with him as he leaves.

(Templar farm)

Once he arrives at the farm he will look around for Jason. When he finds him he will interrupt whatever he is doing, hand him the package, and say,"Kilo take package to scratches." He points at the writing on the package, "Must get there and no peek so Nirvana lady pay Kilo's armor field and he owe her back moneys." Kilo says the last as if owing a large sum of money to possibly dangerous person is not a big deal. It is clear to anyone listing that Kilo has no idea how much money he has borrowed or what kind of situation might occur if he doesn't pay her back.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:10 am

((Rolls held over))

Taleisin wrote:"Well, Damn It. Bother. Hell of a long way from Dweomer. Look, a long time ago I was on an adventure and I found this... thing. I didn't really know what it did. It was a big red button with etchings on it saying please do not push this button. When I pushed it, it lit up and said please don't push this button again so I pressed it again and here I am. It might seem foolish to you that I /had to push the button/ but nobody ever made a button that wasn't meant to be pushed. Or was it a trap? Some kind of fool's errand? I don't know. I stared at that stupid thing for years until I finally just.... PUSHED THE BUTTON. Now I'm free from it's tyranny, but I really ought to figure out some way home. Is your robot for sale?"

"Taleisin. Gear in the machine of the city of Dweomer. Adventurer. Slightly cracked egg. Seeker of good times. I know a bit about this and that and can cast a spell or two and swing a sword once or twice. Can I come along? I like money. Fair shares, right?"


Rufus raises an eyebrow as the newest of the newcomers rambles on about his 'mystery button' and snorts softly. "I'll take your word for it as for our being a long way from Dweomer, friend. You'd be the only one here who'd know." Only slightly cracked? He seems more like a full-fledged omelette. Still, seems pleasant enough. "Casting a spell or two and swinging a sword once or twice could indeed come in handy..." Azura's sweet buttocks, we've gone from having just one mage to three in the space of a few minutes. Guess you never know what to expect around here. "Yeah, fair shares after a certain amount off the top to handle group expenses. Officer Long here can give you more than just the nutshell though." He jubs a thumb back towards Jason as he walks up.

Dhaltuun Onyxforge wrote:Seeing Rufus meet and greet the new arrival, Dhaltuun relaxes. ”You got this, Rufus?” when rufus puts his gun away, Dhaltuun lowers his weapon. ”ok, puppies. Let’s go see about the food supplies for our trip. “ with a nod to Rufus, Dhaltuun heads off the see he Gamera’s gallery and stock.


Rufus returns the nod. "Yeah, we're good at the moment. Hvala vam."

Marcus wrote:Seeing multiple Templar and others out in front of the main house, Marcus will come in for landing about sixty feet from the group and walk up. Heading towards the group, Marcus looks to be a human in his late forties. Long brown hair kept in a pony tail might be covering up a early stages of a bald spot. Wearing a long lab-coat that is clean but to a keen eye it has been patched and sewn multiple times. A few bits of Techo-Wizardry hang from the good doctors belt as he approaches the group with a warm smile and he says, "Jason, Rufus, I apologize for taking off so quickly when we got back, the Hospital needed a quick hand. What have I missed?"


"Only three new recruits, it would seem." Rufus quips as he points out the newer arrivals. "Max the mechanic, Dhaltuun the shifter, and Taleisin the magical button pusher." He gestures back to Marcus. "Gospodje friends, this is our medic -- the very appropriately-named Dr. Marcus Hawk. His feathers and sharp beak are on back order."
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:42 pm

JIC 1d100:
66

JIC 1d20:
12


Dhaltuun heads to the Gamers. "She is a big one. Ok, now to the Galley." Upon seeing it, Dhaltuun gives himself a gentle face palm. "What is this? Barely qualifies as a kitchen." He takes a few moments to think, them with a sigh, he plans how to stock up for the journey. "Okay, I need enough food for 7 people and 1 ogre titan juicer. I can probably order that." He heads out to talk to Jason about ordering food stock.
As he heads in, Dhaltuun hears Kilo and decides to wait for a moment to talk to the boss.
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:03 pm

With everyone now gathered back at the farm and things picking up as the group starts to prepare for the adventure ahead, Dhaltuun sets about seeing what needs to be stocked in the Gamera while Maximillian finishes poking his nose around the rather makeshift workshop in the barn and sets about inspecting and prepping the Gamera on a mechanical basis for it's next trip. In doing so he notices how sparse the group's range of tools and various other maintenance related items are flat out missing. While the barn is an ok size for a worshop, it would need some serious work to revamp it from a barn intended to house horses and livestock to a proper garage (not to mention a little weather proofing would do wonders). Kilo, having freshly returned, package in hand, has pointed out at this point to the group that he needs to deliver it to Old Bones out near Free Quebec, a few hours north of the group's intended destination. Jason meanwhile sets about putting orders in for equipment needed and also receives a request from Dhaltuun to green light a purchase of 4 months of non perishable foods sufficient to feed the whole group. Hours meanwhile has finished cleaning his previously gore covered gear that Rufus had managed to retrieve from Traveler's mangled corpse. Fortunately, other than being very soaked in blood, nothing other than the saddle bags and a few other non important items were ruined. All the stuff needed a really solid and time intensive cleaning but it at least would come out with either just water and 'elbow grease' or at most required some simple cleaners like soap and water or gun oil and the like.

All the group needed to do now, was finalize their purchases, sort their things out for the trip... and then decide when to head off.
Captain Cook
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Taleisin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 am

Perception - 1d20+1 = 2:
1
- 1d20+1
JiC 20 - 1d20:
13

JiC 100 - 1d100:
85


Some people are unusual.

It's a hard thing to understand them, and Taleisin really might be something like the half cracked egg that he promised he was because he stares at Rufus quizzically; tilting his head to the side almost like an avian.

"Officer Long, is it?" He scratches his chin. "Does that refer to his last name, or.."

The bit of pervish humor seems to make him feel impish and he straightens back up.

"I need to arrange for a few things, if this is where I am. I might be back? I might not. I forget things easily. Thank you for the hospitality, though!"

Then he touches his cane and vanishes in a flash of teleportation. Off towards Merctown, if anyone has the ability to sense such things.
“Life isn’t meant to be lived perfectly…but merely to be LIVED. Boldly, wildly, beautifully, uncertainly, imperfectly, magically LIVED.”
Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
User avatar
Taleisin
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:38 pm
Location: Merctown

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:28 am

Perception: 1d20:
9

JIC: 1d20:
17
/1d100:
26



Taleisin wrote:"Officer Long, is it?" He scratches his chin. "Does that refer to his last name, or.."

The bit of pervish humor seems to make him feel impish and he straightens back up.

"I need to arrange for a few things, if this is where I am. I might be back? I might not. I forget things easily. Thank you for the hospitality, though!"

Then he touches his cane and vanishes in a flash of teleportation. Off towards Merctown, if anyone has the ability to sense such things.


Jason stares briefly at the spot Taleisin had been standing. What a strange person He shakes his head and moves on. Loading up the Gamera, making sure there are at least 2 spare copies of the map, and consulting with the others as to the best route; through Dunscon and the federation of Magic, or skirting it, following the old highway system?
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:28 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 21:
19

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
17
/ 1d100:
35


Rufus wrote:"Only three new recruits, it would seem." Rufus quips as he points out the newer arrivals. "Max the mechanic, Dhaltuun the shifter, and Taleisin the magical button pusher." He gestures back to Marcus. "Gospodje friends, this is our medic -- the very appropriately-named Dr. Marcus Hawk. His feathers and sharp beak are on back order."


Marcus gives a chuckle as Rufus' introduces him to the new recruits and with a small bow says, "Yes my new compatriots, I will do my level best to patch you up and keep you healthy while in the Templar company. I look forward to getting to know you all as we aid those in need and make a few credits as we do.". Looking about and seeing everyone moving with an energy that portends a new job, Marcus then says, "Looks to be some action in the offing now. I'll check my stores and get ready to move. If anyone needs me don't hesitate to ask.". With that Marcus makes a mental "to do" list and sets of thinking. "Check stores, done. Like I would let those run low. Besides we usually jump straight from "It's just a scratch" to "Oh god, we need a bucket". I think I'll not mention that right off the bat. So, first thing is first, Kilo showed up with that package and I swore I heard him say something about owing someone for armor. Then on to meeting the others and see what we what personalities we just got to join our little merry band.".

Marcus spends the next two or so hours moving around the Farm/Base getting a quick conversation in with a few Templar members both new and old.

First off Marcus will try to track down Kilo. Heading over to the rather large and imposing Ogre, the good doctor will call out. "How goes it big fellow? I couldn't help but overhear that your getting a field put on your armor. A Capital idea my large friend but might I ask about how much you might owe this person if we don't manage to deliver its' package?" Marcus keeps a smile on his face and wishes he had had time to cook something for his oversized friend. "Kilo always seem happier when eating and the amount of calories he must burn moving all that muscle must be staggering. I wonder if he would let me do a used energy study on him on day. Ack, Focus Marcus one issue at a time."

Marcus Spends time talking with Kilo before heading off to find Jason and figure out what is going on.

Approaching Jason once he has a moment, Marcus will ask for the information about what is going on. The good doctor assumes there is some sort of mission in the works. When the idea of what direction to take come up, Marcus will give his opinion and pose a question saying, "If we take a land route, I suggest skirting the Federation of Magic. I am not sure whom would rule over the land we cross and am unsure as how they would react to our passing. Most of the other lands are unclaimed of don't have a force big enough to patrol everywhere at once. I would also pose a question. Rufus mentioned one of the new recruits, Dhaltuun the shifter. As I understand it, Shifters can open rifts from one place to another if they have enough power. My old group, Rift Runners, use rifts multiple times to get about this world. It might be worth asking Dhaltuun if he can open a rift and how big of one he could open. There is a Ley line in MercTown he might be able to tap for power and it could save us the time and dangers of the overland route there. If you don't mind I'll call him over and ask him." Marcus will wait for permission and If granted Marcus will turn on his radio and say. "Dhaltuun, This is Marcus. Could you please come over to talk with Jason and myself about the range of your transportation abilities."

If Dhaltuun comes over to join Jason and Marcus, assuming Jason has no objection, Marcus will look to the new member of the Templar and say, "Dhaltuun is it? Good to meet you, I am Marcus. If you wouldn't mind I would like to ask you about the possibility of you being able to open a rift for us to travel through to get to our destination. I think speed mishgt be best depending on your abilities. Fist Can you open a Rift? Second, would access to the Ley Line in MercTown be helpful of necessary? Third, what is the range of a Rift you could make? Forth, how big could you make one? BIg enough for just us, a standard car, for a tank, or big enough got the Gammra?"

Marcus will converse with Jason and perhaps Dhaltuun till they can make a few solid plans about travel and will then head off to see Max the mechanic.

Looking around the farm Marcus will try to spot Max. If Marcus spots the mechanically inclined canine, a warm smile will cross his face and he'll walk over to introduce himself as he thinks, "Ah a Dog-boy, I wonder if he broke training or if he os one of those free-borns I have seen about. I best not ask but I sue would like to know whats been happening back in the CS this last year.". Walking toward Max, Marcus will say, "Good day, you much be the Max, that Rufus mentioned join up. I am Marcus Hawk, the medic. I was wondering if you could take a look at some salvage we found last time we went out and advise me of proper maintenance. I looked it over and did what I could but my specialty if cybernetic and bionic repair. Some of these Pre-rift artifacts are beyond me. I am mainly concerned with keeping the diagnostic systems in working order." Marcus maintains a call manner but it clear that he is worrying ofer this med-kit like a mother hen worries over a new chick.

Marcus wrote:Pre-Rifts Diagnostic Medkit
Image
• • Adds +10% to any Medical skill roll
• • Enough supplies for 9 minor medical treatments (stop bleeding, disinfect, suture, etc.)
• • Each attempt at treatment depletes a certain amount of available supplies
• • Minor Treatment: +1D6 S.D.C. & bleeding stops from treated wound (1)
• • Basic Treatment: +2D6 S.D.C. & bleeding stops from treated wound (2)
• • Major Treatment: +3D6 S.D.C. & bleeding stops from treated wound (3)
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:48 am

Perception: 1d20+7 = 12:
5

JIC: 1d20:
8
1d100:
73


Kilo doesn't stand around and wait as he starts to get antsy after talking to Jason. Well, Jason is responsible enough to take care of that package so I'll leave him to it. After walking away a few steps, a thought occurs to Kilo and he turns back to Jason, "Aphrodite say NO PEAK!" He then turns and leaves whatever room he is in.

It's not long after that he is caught by Marcus,
Marcus wrote: "How goes it big fellow? I couldn't help but overhear that your getting a field put on your armor. A Capital idea my large friend but might I ask about how much you might owe this person if we don't manage to deliver its' package?"


Kilo smiles warmly at the site of the doctor, Doc makes some good eats. I'm glad he's back. "Kilo good. Kilo like fight. Field make armor help keep Kilo inside from being Kilo outside." The big ogre waves his hand dismissively at the mention of money, One. Nine. Zero Moneys. Kilo kill, not count. Kilo get Aphrodite lady money soon." He moves on as if it is not weighing heavily on his mind in any way. "Kilo need food, Kilo need juice flow. Doc make both." He smiles again and does his best to lightly pat his friend on the back.

From that point Kilo will occupy his time digging in his hole and making his nest look more sinister. When the time comes to head back to Merctown to pickup his armor, the juicer will run into town and do so.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Perception 1d20:
8

JIC 1d20:
17

JIC 1d100:
17


Dhaltuun hears his radio beep, followed by Marcus’ voice.
Marcus will turn on his radio and say. "Dhaltuun, This is Marcus. Could you please come over to talk with Jason and myself about the range of your transportation abilities."
He clicks his radio ”Roger. On my way. Just need ta drop me stuff in a berth.” Dhaltuun then drops his pack and borrowed railgun on the bed in the large cell like berth ”This will do nicely. Room enough for me and my beauty.” He then walks over to talk to Marcus and Jason.

If Dhaltuun comes over to join Jason and Marcus, assuming Jason has no objection, Marcus will look to the new member of the Templar and say, "Dhaltuun is it? Good to meet you, I am Marcus. If you wouldn't mind I would like to ask you about the possibility of you being able to open a rift for us to travel through to get to our destination. I think speed mishgt be best depending on your abilities.”


Dhaltuun enters the room, nods at Jason and approaches the hawk nosed man. ”Marcus, right?? We met momentarily earlier. It is a pleasure, sir.” He motions to a chair as if asking to sit. If granted permission, Dhaltuun will sit and nod at Marcus. ”Go ahead, i will help as i can.”

”Fist Can you open a Rift?”

Dhaltuun’s eyebrows raise a little in surprise. ”Yes, i can.....but i am still a novice. I only recently received Njord’s blessings. “ As he mentions his god, Dhaltuun makes a sign with his hand, almost subconsciously ((OOC: imagine a Christian making the sign of the cross when they speak of Christ))

”Second, would access to the Ley Line in MercTown be helpful of necessary?”

Dhaltuun ponders this amoment, then answers. ”As far as i know, i am able to absorb magic energy and hold it, hereby allowing me to have about 3x normal amount. This way i can power a ritual to open a rift, but i need to know where i am going. This i do by opening a small rift used for communication. I use this rift, find the person or a person and send my girl, Marcella, thru and then target her for a rift. But there are limits.....i can only attempt a communication rift once per day.”

”Third, what is the range of a Rift you could make?”

”I believe there is no limit. If i have been there, it is alot easier, but anywhere i assume is my range. As for returning home, definitely no limit...” He has a thought ”Something to ttest one day. I really don’t know my limits.”

”Forth, how big could you make one? BIg enough for just us, a standard car, for a tank, or big enough got the Gammra?"

”Being a novice, only 10 ft by 10 ft. This will increase as i get better and practice.”

”Marcus will converse with Jason and perhaps Dhaltuun till they can make a few solid plans about travel and will then head off to see Max the mechanic.”


Dhaltuun listens to the others. ”I have never out of my hometown, Titusville, until i came here. So i have no real say on which way to go. My opinion is that i would like the trip thru Federation of Magic, i have never been and am curious. Being a mage kinda makes me bias..Hehe.”

As an afterthought, Dhaltuun looks at Jason. “I was looking to stock the gamera, but i think i may have overshot the amount needed. As long as we can buy some supplies along the way, with occasional hunting and foraging, and maybe some gardening on board, we can do with say 1 month for 7 people and 1 titan juicer.”
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 10:
8

J.I.C.: 1d20:
7
|1d100:
70


Max unfortunately had a terrible habit of getting lost within the soothing hum of machines, of any sort, often at the most haphazard times. A tick he learned back home, trying to stave off boredom when the monotony of daily routine became too much. At some point in time, Max had wandered out of the mission discussions to find something a bit more useful to do, after all, negotiations proved to be something entirely outside his scope of familiarity. . .

Bagh! I shouldn't stick my nose in administrative duties. . . I don't have the faintest clue, not to mention seniority to contribute to all that hub-bub. I just hope they didn't mean literal zombies. . . I don't think anodized tools count as silver!

Mostly, Max was trying his best to adapt to the new paradigm. . . the fast pace of mercenary dealings were simply confusing and disassociated. Not necessarily on an intellectual level, but certainly through a cultural lens. Max had always learned to put his desires secondary to the survival of the commune, sure there was basic trade and barter, but having fiat money as the primary catalyst was just odd! At least the Templar's seemed to have a human element, his compatriots in E.I. did have a certain disassociated candor. . .

Luckily I happened to bring my own tools! There's a silver lining if ever there was one. This is a literal barn. . .

Rubbing his eyes at the monumental task of getting this place in working order, Max will huff whatever tools he needs to get the Gamara in the best possible shape before setting out. Midst his toils, Max will wipe off his brow and blink a few times when Marcus introduces himself. "Salutations, I, uh, forgive me if I don't shake, still a few basic diagnostics and preventative measures to hammer out. . . pre-rift artifact you say!?"

Unable to consign his curiosity to the wayside, Max pulls his goggles up to his brow, as to get a better look at Marcus' artifact. Enthusiastically hopping down from the large Gamara, anxious to see what exactly it is he is to salvage.

Letting out a quizzical, "hrmm. . ." whilst examining the kit, he suddenly remembers that Marcus was in fact still present, turning his eyes upward at the much taller man. "Oh, well, I'll see what I can do. I can't promise anything -biomedical was never my specialty- but you can observe whilst I work, if you'd like. The mechanical aspects of diagnostic tools are one half-dozen or another."
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:53 pm

((Rolls held over))

Kilo wrote:Kilo smiles warmly at the site of the doctor, Doc makes some good eats. I'm glad he's back. "Kilo good. Kilo like fight. Field make armor help keep Kilo inside from being Kilo outside." The big ogre waves his hand dismissively at the mention of money, One. Nine. Zero Moneys. Kilo kill, not count. Kilo get Aphrodite lady money soon." He moves on as if it is not weighing heavily on his mind in any way. "Kilo need food, Kilo need juice flow. Doc make both." He smiles again and does his best to lightly pat his friend on the back


Marcus only has to take one step forward as the large hand of Kilo pats the good doctor on the back. Shaking his head at the Titan Juicers priorities and making a guess that Kilo means 190,000 credits and not 190 or 19,000 because Naruni fields all cost more then that, Marcus makes a mental note remind Kilo about this debt when they get back. "With luck, this Aphrodite didn't put Kilo on a time frame for paying her back. I hope she doesn't show up at the Farm if we are gone a few weeks." Thinks Marcus. Before Kilo leaves, Marcus with check his Juice levers to see how much longer the Ogre can go before needing to get more. Marcus makes a second mental note to make sure he is on hand when Kilo goes for his next batch of juice.
(Juicer Technology--95% Roll: 1d100:
32
)

(Back to the discussion with Jason, Dhaltuun and others if there.)

Marcus listens to Dhaltuuns' answers and ponders for a moment before answering. Looking to Jason and the others, Marcus will say, "A ten foot portal would be big enough to get both Bonaparte and the GAW-M113 Improved Armored Personnel Carrier through. It would mean leaving the Gammra behind but might save us travel time and danger. It is all dependent on if Dhaltuun here can open a communication rift near where we need to be. I would like to give him a chance or two at it if he is willing. I know putting our lives on the line for the job is what we do but I would prefer to hedge our bets if we can."

Looking to to Dhaltuun, the good doctor gives a warm, almost apologetic smile and says "I am sorry to toss you into the deep in of the ocean as it were on your first day, Dhaltuun. You mentioned you new to the Njord’s blessings and I would like to learn more about these Njord later if we have the time but would you be willing to give it a few tries for the team if Jason approves?"

((A bit later in Maximilians' temporary work space))

Maximilian IV wrote:Letting out a quizzical, "hrmm. . ." whilst examining the kit, he suddenly remembers that Marcus was in fact still present, turning his eyes upward at the much taller man. "Oh, well, I'll see what I can do. I can't promise anything -biomedical was never my specialty- but you can observe whilst I work, if you'd like. The mechanical aspects of diagnostic tools are one half-dozen or another."


Looking on as Max gives the Med kit a good going over, Marcus will assist if he can. If the good doctors hands aren't needed, Marcus will start organizing the loose objects in the makeshift work space, pulling out his TW-feather duster to Cleanse the area of dust, dirt and the other unknown detritus. With Max tinkering and Marcus cleaning, the good doctor will try and get to know the new member of the Templar a bit better asking, "Have you always wanted to risk life and limb in the pursuit of credits and a good cause or did the Templar just catch you in an adventuresome mood?" Marcus keeps his tone light and a bit humorous even though he is burning with curiosity about if Max is a EX-CS-Dogboy.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:43 pm

As everyone gets acquainted, or reacquainted with one another Carny putters about somewhat aimlessly time to time, or just hovers there sitting idle for extended periods of time. When Marcus approaches Max about the pre-rifts medical kit, it doesn't take the poodle operator very long to see that, all things considered, it's in amazingly good shape. The material for the padded bag around it shows effectively no signs of wear. However, time has rendered the material somewhat stiff, especially the padding. None the less it seems to have held up quite well given just how long ago the the golden age was. Initial trials show that the battery for the electronics is long dead. A simple inspection and testing (Basic electronics or better) will readily show if it's able to be recharged still, or needs a replacement. Fortunately if the latter case it true, GAW would likely have compatible batteries available as they specialized in salvaging and refurbishing old equipment like this. Meanwhile it's a fairly simple task to test the connectors or jury-rig a temporary connector using the portable fusion reactor or an e-clip to test the circuits. Sure enough, when Max does so, it powers up and between the doctor and the poodle, can readily ascertain that yes, the mechanical parts at least are in great shape. There were a few miscellaneous components though that needed replacing. Most if not all the consumables for starters. The standard band-aids and gauze were all dried up and no good. The small assortment of pills and injectable fluids all stated an expiry date of 2035. Which.. was probably well over a hundred years ago. Upside was, it was all common medical items readily available in Merctown. At least through the hospital anyway. All it would cost Marcus was about 100cr. And maybe 200cr for a new battery if the old one couldn't be recharged.

Beyond that, Max's inspection of the Gamera turned up the sorts of things one would generally expect. Of a prototype. On the whole it was built solidly enough, but there was a certain lack of precision that came from things that rolled off an automated assembly line. Everything had been welded and connected by hand, with the small imperfections that such entailed. Welds that weren't quite straight or even, soldering and connection of cables that weren't as even as a dedicated machine would create. It was however, pretty solid, and utilitarian. He could already think of a few potential ways he might be able to actually improve on the design. A few tweaks here, a small adjustment there. Maybe more comfortable seats and bed frames. You could live in it sure, but no serious money had been sunk into making the damn thing actually comfortable for extended use. Just... suitable.

Meanwhile the day ticked on, starting to settle down into late evening by the angle of the sun. Most people were probably starting to get a bit hungry around now. Maybe even tired. Still plenty of time to hit the road if one wanted to, otherwise starting first thing in the morning might be the best bet.
Captain Cook
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

J.I.C.: 1d20:
12
|1d100:
68


For a moment, Max is genuinely bewildered when Marcus decides to stay throughout his analysis of the Diagnostics-kit; up until this point, in fact, he had entirely been accustomed to the dismissive, "I'll be back later" patronizations from both familial and professional acquaintances. Truly, company was somewhat of a first for Max. Generally speaking, the last time someone stuck around long enough to fully observe Max's tinkering, was during his initial days of occupational training as a pup. . .

Huh, he's still here? Well, uh, that's new. I hope this isn't another performance 'evaluation'. . . I've gone through enough hoops in the past week to suffice three lifetimes!

Max's eyes dart from the Med-kit to Marcus until his cursory evaluation was completed, quickly retreating back to his work when he feels he's starting to be rude. Entirely caught unawares by the probing question, Max stops for a moment but keeps his gaze focused on the task at hand, albeit just to avoid the awkwardness of being confounded by such an inquiry. "Bwarf! Uh, well I wouldn't exactly say it was either. . . I, uh, am sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place, if that's the appropriate expression," Staring off into the distance with a very 'matter of fact' expression, "the credits help me from starving to death until I can find my way back home. If that's even possible at this point."

Looking slightly defeated, Max suddenly turns back to the Kit before finishing up. "Other than being a tad 'stale', if you will, the Kit seems to be in tip-top shape, yup. Just a new battery should do, from the technical end, then it should work brilliantly. I suppose we should be off soon. . . I don't know the proper details, but I wasn't hired to for constructive criticism. The 'Gamera', I think you call it, is in decent enough shape -- basic, but working."

In the absence of something more demanding to quell any wandering thoughts, Max begins hopping upwards on his toes and swinging his arms back and forth, almost like a bored child. To boot, his tail begins anxiously wagging beguiling once more his efforts to appear 'professional'. His vast plethora of nervous ticks seem entirely counterproductive during a brief introspection, never before had he felt socially obliged to act in any particular way back in his ancestral bunker-home. Again, he reminds himself that back home work was obligatory, a service to his family. Being made keenly aware of his social blunders was something he might have been poked fun of back home, but not something that would preclude him from contributing his part.

Of course, while Max is doing all of this internal reflection, he appears as a fidgety, and slightly adorkable, poodle.
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:57 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
92


Maximilian IV wrote:Max's eyes dart from the Med-kit to Marcus until his cursory evaluation was completed, quickly retreating back to his work when he feels he's starting to be rude. Entirely caught unawares by the probing question, Max stops for a moment but keeps his gaze focused on the task at hand, albeit just to avoid the awkwardness of being confounded by such an inquiry. "Bwarf! Uh, well I wouldn't exactly say it was either. . . I, uh, am sort of stuck between a rock and a hard place, if that's the appropriate expression," Staring off into the distance with a very 'matter of fact' expression, "the credits help me from starving to death until I can find my way back home. If that's even possible at this point."


The good doctor continues to tidy up the work space as they talk and Max works. Hearing that Max is looking for where is home is, Marcus speaks up, saying, "Well I am glad you happen to be in the area and available just when the Templar was in need of a good mechanic, We'll do our level best to make sure you don't go hungry while your with us. As to getting you home, I am sure some of us would be willing to help if we can." Marcus takes a moment to think about how to phrase his next question without out seeming to pry into the adorkable Dog-boys' past. "Well if he is one of the CS runaways then it might just be impossible to get home again. The Coalition States absolutely hates unexplained abscesses and Dog-boys aren't even citizens, I am not sure if they would let him come back. Even if they did take him back, I am sure the re-indoctrination would not be pleasant. Then again, the cute little guy might be a free-born and just lost. Ack, better not call him cute, even in my head, Max might not like that or take it the wrong way.". After that little bit of silence, Marcus says, "We might need a bit more info if we are going to help you out though. Where you think home is, or why you think it might not be possible to get back. It is up to you, I don't mean to pry into your affairs unwanted."

Maximilian IV wrote:Looking slightly defeated, Max suddenly turns back to the Kit before finishing up. "Other than being a tad 'stale', if you will, the Kit seems to be in tip-top shape, yup. Just a new battery should do, from the technical end, then it should work brilliantly. I suppose we should be off soon. . . I don't know the proper details, but I wasn't hired to for constructive criticism. The 'Gamera', I think you call it, is in decent enough shape -- basic, but working."


Once Max gives his report on the status of the Medical-kit Marcus will smile brightly and say, "That is good to hear, I'll make a trip into town soon and pick up the replacement parts for it. Thank you for taking care of this so promptly Also if you have any suggestion for the Gamera, feel free to note them down and once we get the time and credits we'll see what we can do about it. Ah yes, one more thing, if you have time before we leave there is also a GAW-M113 Improved Armored Personnel Carrier you can look over. It is almost new and should be in working order but an old teammate once expounded to me about the Laws of Murphy and I would hate to get one Mr. Murphy's bad side. "
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 am

Perception: 1d20:
16

JIC: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
84


After listening to Marcus and Dhaltuun talk about traveling to London via a rift, Jason has an idea, maybe not a great one. Before everyone splits of their separate ways, he asks them all to consider something.

"I know its late in the day to start changing the plan but there is a point we may want to consider that just occurred to me. We are going to London to try and rescue a team and salvage a very large mech. I just realized that bringing the Gamera may not be our best option. Who here can pilot it, besides me. Also who can pilot a large mech besides me. If we take the Gamera, we will need to pilot boht machines back here. Would it be better for us to use a rift to get to London, find Tombley's team and the mech, and pull them out? The primary advantage of taking the Gamera would be to use it to fly over the zombies. What do you think?"

Jason waits to see if anyone, including Max or Dhaltuun, have any thoughts on the subject. If not, he will go back to working on the route.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:21 pm

((Rolls held over))

Jason Long wrote:The primary advantage of taking the Gamera would be to use it to fly over the zombies. What do you think?" [/b]


Marcus listens to Jason note the issues with driving multiple vehicles and usefulness of the Gamera. After a few moments though Marcus speaks up and says with a bit of chagrin, "I completely forgot we might not be able to drive what we found. Myself, I can only pilot a hover craft. But on to the main point. I like the Gamera for the speed and flight abilities, not to mention it's other amenities but I don't think we can spare the time and risk of a tras-atlantic flight if there is a way around it. We have all heard of monsters and slavers working on the east coast. This could still be a rescue mission and I think think we should forgo the greater safety of the Gamra to bypass the unknown dangers of the trip to and from London. Jason I'll follow your lead no matter what you decide, so I just gave you my two credits worth of thoughts on the matter and I'll leave it up to you.". The good doctor is eager to hear the others opinions on the matter as he thinks, "Foreign lands, possibly saving some academics, new teammate and the possibility of doing a job well. If there really are god up there, Oh please please please, Athena, watch over this group. "
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+7 = 25:
18

JIC: 1d20:
16
1d100:
10


Kilo alternates back and forth between digging his hole and finding treasures around the farm to store in his ogre nest. His treasures amount to almost anything that is shiny or looks like something dead. He won't directly break anything collecting items but he also won't ask permission prior to taking them. If asked his opinion about any of the decisions Kilo will answer, "Kilo no care plan. Call Kilo when need fight!!"

Once the time is up for the work to be done on his armor he will head back to Merctown and pick it up.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Dhaltuun Onyxforge » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Perception 1d20:
16

JIC 1d20:
5

JIC 1d100:
32


Dhaltuun sits in the chair, lazily swinging his legs as he takes part in the talks, adding what he can. Once he feels like the conversation is ending, he politely jumps to his feet. Straightening his jacket as he stands, ”Excuse me? But if that is all for me, I am gonna make dinner before we leave.” He heads for the door. As he gets to the door, he steps midstride and turns back, with an amused, yet sheepish look ”Ummmm...Where s the kitchen?” Once he has gotten directions, he heads off with a small nod.

Dhaltuun enters the kitchen ”Nice. This I can work with.” as he approaches the table, he removes his jacket. ”Lets see what we got. Then I can figure out dinner.” Dhaltuun rolls up his sleeves, and proceeds to wash his hands. He will then dry his hands as he walks around the kitchen, looking in cupboards and drawers. Once he has the “lay of the land”, he sits at the table. ”Now....Dinner??”

He pulls out a notepad and pen, as well as his hand held computer. ”Lets see. I got 7 mouths (2 0f which are dog like), an ogre titan juicer, and a couple of normal humans, and then me. I think I want yummy , not so much nutrious, for tonight.” He starts to swipe thru his screen ”Hmmmm....Got It!! Buffalo ribs, a buffalo round for kilo....sides of garlic green beans and a baked potato with chives and sour crème...maybe Jack Daniels Whisky based gravy....and....to drink.....BEER!!!” He writes notes on his notepad, then checks the larder and freezer for what he needs. Whatever isn’t there, he will go to market to pick up on his dollar.

((OCC: don’t know if i need to RP going to market or not....so i will do so....no assuming))

((Market))
Dhaltuun hits his radio ”I need a to do a quick run to market for a few things, unless they deliver??” With a quick chuckle as he releases the mic. He, then makes a run to town. ”List – 2 full sets of buffalo ribs, 1 buffalo round, 2 lbs green beans, 16 potatoes, sour crème. May as well get some beef for jerky as well as some bits of fish for Marcella....better, fish jerky.” He wanders around for awhile till he has what he needs, then heads back.

((Group Purchases))
List – 2 full sets of buffalo ribs, 1 buffalo round, 2 lbs green beans, 16 potatoes, sour crème. May as well get some beef for jerky as well as some bits of fish for Marcella (2 lbs fish) / 26 oz Jack Daniels (x2) / 2 kegs of beer (Budweiser)

((Templar HQ))
Dhaltuun returns to the kitchen. ”Now for the magic.” He then spends the next few hours cooking till all is ready. While he is waiting for the dishes to finish, Dhaltuun looks thru his compuer, reviewing his notes on his past lessons. ”Alright...lets see what i might e able to ask for some help. We will need a tracker or guide, maybe some muscle and definitely need a scoutn or two. I will tell my computer what i want, and we will see what it suggests from my notes.” ((OOC: GM feel free to make some suggestions...))

Buffalo ribs –
• Rack 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
79

• Rack 2 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
74

• Rack 3 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
19

• Rack 4 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
12

buffalo round –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
83

garlic green beans (per lb) –
• Pan 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
39

• Pan 2 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
97

a baked potato with chives and sour crème (8 per tray) -
• Rack 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
83

• Rack 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
72

Jack Daniels Whisky based gravy – Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
47
- Cooking 45% (pro)
Beef jerky (per lb) –
• Rack 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
54
- Preserve food 40% (+5%)
• Rack 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
32
- Preserve food 40% (+5%)
Fish jerky (per lb) 1
• Rack 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
21
- Preserve food 40% (+5%)
• Rack 1 –Cooking 45% (pro) - 1d100:
95
- Preserve food 40% (+5%)
1d20:
4

1d20:
13

1d100:
74

1d20:
8

1d20:
20

1d100:
22
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=280&t=16028
OOC Comments
S.D.C.: 64/64
Hit Points: 49/49
P.P.E.: 115/115

Armor Worn: Mage armor
Weapon(s) Carried and Locations: WI-SR15 Sniper Rifle with Kisentite bayonet (slung over left shoulder), NEMA Automag (AMT) Pistol (on CAF Elite Corps Load-Bearing Chest Rig), Kisentite Cutlass with silvered basket (strapped to left hip in a scabbard), Nuhr Rune Grappling Hook & Line (Tied to right hip), BigBore "Buccaneer" Breech-Lock Pistol (L-R)/TW Firebolt Pistol (R-L)(on old style baldric)

Current Conditions:


Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
Coma/Death: +14%
Magic (varies): +4
Lethal Poison (14+): +4
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +4
Insanity (12+): --
Psionic (15+): --
Possession: +2
Horror Factor: +11

Nightvision 300 feet
Sharp vision (doesn’t deteriorate with time)
Augmented P.S.
Superior endurance (fatigues at 1/4 normal rate)
Max. Encumbrance: 108 lbs
Max. Carrying Weight: 460 lbs
Max. Lifting Weight: 920 lbs
Max. Jumping Ability: Leap 5' long X 4' ft high
Swimming: can swim 69 yards/meters per round for 88 rounds

Special Abilities
Dimensional Rift Home
    Can always find his way home from another dimension.
    Can always dimensional teleport home at the cost of a paltry 75 P.P.E.
    Only applies to himself and his familiar as well as gear carried and not anybody else (a full rift or dimensional portal is necessary to take others with him).
    Uses 1 melee action
    Rifting on same world - 1/2 ppe of dimension rift home
    Limit - must have visited location before or use communication rift
    Will appear on nexus near desired location (or stone pyramid)
    Can even use on ley line to move along it or jump to a nearby ley line

Sense Rifts
    Range - within 90 miles +20 miles per level
    Will detect new rift if it opens along the line I am on, regardless of distance (will know where rift is as well as size)
    Can detect teleports and other dimension disturbances at 45 miles +10 miles per level
    He will also instantly know what general direction the rift is located and whether the rift is big or small.
    Note: This sensing ability specifically relates to dimensional portals/rifts and not ley nexuses and ley lines.

Dimension Sense - 49% (+5%)
    Concentrate for 1d6+2 mins to know: type of dimension, if it supports human life, its magic Level, how it was created, if it will close soon, its frequency of opening, any dimensional monsters nearby or in portal (-10% skill), plus unusual characteristics, just by reading portal or meditating after stepping thru
    See O.C.C. description for further details

Dimensional Travel
[/list]Cost: 125 P.P.E. for familiar and caster / +25 P.P.E. per person / remains open for 1 min
When targeting a random dimension - can open anywhere / drawn to locations rich in P.P.E.
When targeting home dimension - 100% random location appearance
When targeting dimensions visited - will appear in random, but hospitable location
Can use Re-Open Gateway or Dimensional portal at 1/2 P.P.E. in ritual / takes 1d6x10+15 min / open for 1 min per level (4th lvl = 4 mins), close it at will, manipulate size at will (max 10 ft tall x 10 ft wide per level)(4th Lvl = 40 ft tall x 40 ft wide)[/list]

Communication Rift
    P.P.E.: on or within 1/2 mile of nexus - 50 P.P.E. / on or within 1/2 mile of ley line - 100 P.P.E. / anywhere else away from ley line - 200 P.P.E.
    Duration: 1 min per level (4th = 4 mins)
    Success ratio 34% +5% if done as ritual gives +20% success
    Time to open: 1d4 rds / as ritual: takes 1d6x10+15 min
    If fail but within 20% will contact correct location but not necessarily the right target
    Send familiar - must return in time or trapped until a portal can be opened (x1 per 24 hrs)

Familiar Link
    Linked to – Marcella the Osprey (monsters and animals pg 158-159)
    Mentally and physically linked with familiar
    Familiar is linked to the shifter and obeys his every command, verbal and mental.
    If the familiar is killed, the shifter will permanently lose 10 hit points; see description for full consequences.

Summoning
    Battle of wills - roll above my MA +ME bonus; 3 out of 5x (if fail is subservient)
    If save - roll init....if I win close rift / if fail creature appears and might attack
    If beat creature - use pact
    If lose to creature - the shifter might be attacked or the being escapes
    Max # of Minions: 2 lesser (4 sub demons) - sub demons or imp-like minor being, poltergeists or haunting entity = 1 lesser/2 lesser beings = 1 greater
User avatar
Dhaltuun Onyxforge
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:10 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:14 pm

With the question of how the Templar should get to london briefly back on the table, so far Jason seems to get little input on the matter from the others except for Marcus. Based on what Jason knows of the others, or is otherwise able to ascertain from checking with the newer arrivals, his hunch about it being difficult to get everything back certainly comes across as a valid concern. Beyond himself, only Marcus knew how to properly pilot the hover transport. Others were only more familiar with the much smaller hovercycles or ground based vehicles. Max meanwhile however did know how to pilot robots, but with such a large one he'd most certainly require a co-pilot. And that assumed the thing didn't need a lot of work to get moving. Hours had meanwhile headed off into town and so far not returned.

When asked to look over the APC, Max could easily spot that while the APC had a lot of minor dents, dings and some pretty good scrapes, it was in solid shape. Though there remained spots where there were some disturbingly deep bloodstains, no doubt from the no deceased mechanic before him. What ever had happened to him, had clearly not been pretty.

Over in the Kitchen Dhaltuun set about cooking less of a meal and more of a feast. Perhaps simple dwarven excess in a somewhat stereotypical manner. Not that any potential left overs would go to waste (And certainly with an ogre in the group there might well not be any). Unfortunately only about half of it turned out remotely as well as Dhaltuun had hoped. That wasn't to say anything was ruined (Though some of the beans and fish jerky were most assuredly overcooked) but that was the problem when one tried to cook on such a scale in a relatively simple kitchen. That and some of the basics he might have expected to be there were either missing or even slightly damaged. Not entirely surprising however once he found out the previous owners had met a rather grisly end in this very home. Torn apart or eaten by giant wolves that had terrorized the small farming community before the Templar had dealt with them and some mercenaries turned raiders.

None the less the meal turns out quite well indeed, and Kilo, being the ogre he was, was far from picky about his food. The big Juicer's definition of 'edible' appeared to be rather... loose.
Captain Cook
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:17 am

Perception: 1d20:
11

JIC:[dice[1d20[/dice] / 1d100:
74


Jason sits for a few minutes, considering the teams options. After considering everything he can think of, he calls the group together.

"Ok people, change of plan. Dhaltuun, when can you open a rift to London and what do you need to do it? Once it is open, we take the APC through. It is small enough to fit and will give us some armor and weapons to fight these 'zombies'. I had considered taking the Gamera, but it will leave us with a couple problems. First: Tambley's team may need more immediate assistance. In addition to the travel time between here and London, there is the real risk of us running into delays on the way. Second: part of this mission is the salvage of a big mech. Getting it and the Gamera back to Merctown may be a problem with the size crew we have. The APC might actually fit in the cargo bay of the Explorer. So we can load the APC on board or if necessary, strip it an abandon it. " Jason looks over at Carny for a moment. "Max, do you think you can put Carny into a standby mode while we are gone? If you can't, we will have to top off his nutrient tanks and hope he doesn't lose it while we are gone. We will inform his that the farm is a working museum and that his job is to stay on the museum grounds and feed guests and workers. Maybe that will work."

"Once we know when Dhaltuun wil be ready, we leave as soon as possible. Any questions, comments, or concerns?"

If there aren't any immediate concerns, Jason gets his gear and ammo ready.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Maximilian IV » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8:
6

J.I.C.: 1d20:
6
|1d100:
49


Trying to jostle himself back into the conversation at hand, perhaps the longest he'd yet had since coming to Merctown, Max regains some measure of confidence after having been left treading water by his previous employer. . .

Giving a rather elated thumbs-up, Max reassures Marcus that he is indeed the grease-pup for the job, "Oh, I'll be sure to fix the problems you don't even know you have yet! Bworf!" His tone changes somewhat regarding the latter half of the question, requiring a bit more thinking on Max's part to encapsulate his troubles, "Oh? That would be very kind of you. . . the trouble is, well, uh, I honestly don't know how to get back." Pausing briefly, out of sheer embarrassment for sounding moronic, a quaint piece of rock-quartz manages to find it's way into Max's hands. Clearly a crux he fadoodles with when flustered, Max tries to parse out an explanation as to why he doesn't know where he's from. "Well, you see, I'm from a clan, and I never had a reason to leave the compound. . . so I never learned much about geography," Ploofing up his cheeks with air before sighing, "It wasn't related to my role, I just tended the Glitterboy's. . ." Changing from embarrassed to slightly irked after re-kindling the memories of what led him to his current situation he frowns a tad before using a comically gruff voice -and of course gesticulation-, "Now Maximilian, you're a mechanic! Your lot in life is to care for our home and make sure everything is in proper order, who-de-dah! I'm the friggin' patriarch!" Suitably vented, he sits down on the edge of the M113, slumped over, chin suitably planted in his hands, ". . . So, after I decided to take something of a trip beyond the parameter. . . I got separated by a massive magical storm. So here I am, who knows how far away from my kin, helplessly lost. I already thought of triangulating radio transmissions, but it's not reliable after a few miles or so. . . all the atmospheric 'noise'. . . from the magic, or who knows what."

O.C.C. Max will continue the conversation with Marcus over the rest of the group activities, whatever cogency dictates

I suppose I never really considered how difficult finding my way back is going to be. . . I must sound like a hopeless case, given my lack of knowledge of the outside world. Perhaps I did, but hearing it certainly makes it sound more bleak. . .


Finding something to busy himself with, tasks or notes that need to be jotted down, Max will enjoy the hearty meal cooked up by Dhaltuun and offer his compliments to the chef. Voraciously chowing down on the slathered ribs like a frenzied pit-bull, "Great food! Seconds if available, no, thirds!". His appetite certainly belies his meek nature, but he regains his composure when Jason makes a request. Shuddering slightly at the remembrance of 'Carnie', Max twitches his eye a bit trying to swallow his natural aversion to the thing, "Absolutely boss, I'll figure something out for that hovering. . . terror."

Max will attempt to use his techno-mind to gain access to Carnies data-base in order to see what coding parameters he can utilize to weave some cyber-magic. Expecting more than a fair bit of data-corruption, Max will try what he can to assess a possible workaround if there are no longer cogent stand-by protocols.

Whilst about his business, Max's obsessive nature to catastrophize kicks into full gear with the coming knowledge of 'zombies' and everything that could possibly go wrong. Giving somewhat of a 'thousand yard stare' he envisions more than a few of those contingencies. . .
Dog of Wisdom
P.P.E.: 36/36
I.S.P.: 53/53
H.P.: 19/19
S.D.C.: 44/44

NG-PB713 Particle Beam Pistol: 10/10
User avatar
Maximilian IV
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
13
/ 1d100:
99


(Conversation with Max continues as and when is best.)

Maximilian IV wrote:Giving a rather elated thumbs-up, Max reassures Marcus that he is indeed the grease-pup for the job, "Oh, I'll be sure to fix the problems you don't even know you have yet! Bworf!" His tone changes somewhat regarding the latter half of the question, requiring a bit more thinking on Max's part to encapsulate his troubles, "Oh? That would be very kind of you. . . the trouble is, well, uh, I honestly don't know how to get back." Pausing briefly, out of sheer embarrassment for sounding moronic, a quaint piece of rock-quartz manages to find it's way into Max's hands. Clearly a crux he fadoodles with when flustered, Max tries to parse out an explanation as to why he doesn't know where he's from. "Well, you see, I'm from a clan, and I never had a reason to leave the compound. . . so I never learned much about geography," Ploofing up his cheeks with air before sighing, "It wasn't related to my role, I just tended the Glitterboy's. . ." Changing from embarrassed to slightly irked after re-kindling the memories of what led him to his current situation he frowns a tad before using a comically gruff voice -and of course gesticulation-, "Now Maximilian, you're a mechanic! Your lot in life is to care for our home and make sure everything is in proper order, who-de-dah! I'm the friggin' patriarch!" Suitably vented, he sits down on the edge of the M113, slumped over, chin suitably planted in his hands, ". . . So, after I decided to take something of a trip beyond the parameter. . . I got separated by a massive magical storm. So here I am, who knows how far away from my kin, helplessly lost. I already thought of triangulating radio transmissions, but it's not reliable after a few miles or so. . . all the atmospheric 'noise'. . . from the magic, or who knows what."


"Poor little guy, lost from home on his first adventure out of the clan compound." Thinks Marcus as he instantly stops his impulse to scratch the adorkable poodle behinds the ears to sooth him. Then some of the information starts to process, Glitterboys? clan system? Clan compound?. "Unless Free Quebec is really changing how they do things, this young pup is not from the Coalition States." Marcus almost takes a step back, his teachings on how feral or free-born dogboys might behave was a bit bias to what the CS thought people should think about deserters and wild folk beyond the walls. It takes but a moment for the good doctor to shake off the propaganda of his old life and trust till he see Max act other then he has. So far Max has been a bit quirky but willing and hardworking, not to mention adorkable.

Focusing back in on the problem at hand, Marcus thinks for a few moments before he speaks, then says, "Massive magical storm,uhmmm... That makes it a bit more difficult. From what some of my old team mates told me, they can take you just about anywhere any when or to other dimensional world. That should be too much of a worry, all the magical porting I have done as always left me on the same planet at the same time so we can work on that theory. Try making notes on what you can remember. The types of trees, what the weather was like in the different season, how far you were from notable bodies of water, major threats near your home, all these things might help us narrow down where you are from. I can't promise we can get you home, too many unknown factors but I'll promise we'll do our best. Till then, consider the Templar a second home." Marcus' warm smile is heartfelt he talks with Maximilian.

((Back to the rest of the Templar))

Jason Long wrote:"Once we know when Dhaltuun wil be ready, we leave as soon as possible. Any questions, comments, or concerns?"


"I'll get on those last minute checks then I think we are ready, Jason." Marcus then heads off to pack up what he needs in the APC and ready for the mission.

At some point during all the preparation to leave and checking on the equipment, Dhaltuun manages to putt together and nice hot meal for the team and Marcus can't help but notice there is probably even enough for the large Kilo. With a smile at having a cook with them on this trip. Marcus digs into the meal with gusto ,enjoying a hot meal with new friends and old.

It won't take too long to fill up the good doctor and he'll lean back, look to the author of the feast and say, "Thank you for the excellent meal Dhaltuun, look like we can depend on you for more then just transport and the necessary unpleasantness our trade demands of us from time to time. Good to have you aboard."
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8:
5

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
17


It's been a very eventful time around the farm lately and they hadn't been back all that long. After the conversation with the 'teacher' and the new job, Hours decided he had better get his gear in working order. After what seemed like an eternity, the cowboy was finally happy with the results and the arrival of another human looking to join their merry little band was a plus.

While looking around the farm for something that will do the job his saddle bags did, Hours stops to hear Jasons changed of plans and founds himself quite relieved at getting to London by rift as opposed to being trapped in that flying can for hours.

Pulling Jason aside, he asked. "Jason, sorry for disappearing like that. I was getting all the goo off my gear. Anyway, I was hoping to get this pistol I found some compatible e-chips and find another rifle before we headed out. Think I've still got time for that?"
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 18:
17

JIC: 1d20:
17
/1d100:
99

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
36


Conditions:
  • PPE: 93/224 at the start of this post
  • Medium Concealed Ley Line Walker Armor Main Body: 52/60 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining
  • Nightvision -- 40'
  • Keen hearing (equal to a dog boy)

Rufus nods as the discussion turns to the best route to take. "I agree with Marcus -- you want to avoid the 'true' Federation of Magic as much as you possibly can. Nothing but scum of the land, especially in Dunscon." I think I'd rather take a stroll through the Chi-Town 'Burbs... he thinks to himself.

Marcus wrote:Marcus listens to Dhaltuuns' answers and ponders for a moment before answering. Looking to Jason and the others, Marcus will say, "A ten foot portal would be big enough to get both Bonaparte and the GAW-M113 Improved Armored Personnel Carrier through. It would mean leaving the Gamera behind but might save us travel time and danger. It is all dependent on if Dhaltuun here can open a communication rift near where we need to be. I would like to give him a chance or two at it if he is willing. I know putting our lives on the line for the job is what we do but I would prefer to hedge our bets if we can."


Jason Long wrote:"I know its late in the day to start changing the plan but there is a point we may want to consider that just occurred to me. We are going to London to try and rescue a team and salvage a very large mech. I just realized that bringing the Gamera may not be our best option. Who here can pilot it, besides me. Also who can pilot a large mech besides me. If we take the Gamera, we will need to pilot boht machines back here. Would it be better for us to use a rift to get to London, find Tombley's team and the mech, and pull them out? The primary advantage of taking the Gamera would be to use it to fly over the zombies. What do you think?"


"Well I'm all for letting Dhaltuun give it a try if it means cutting down on the travel time..." he adds. "Nice place to visit for the most part, but if we're on a bit of a schedule on the front end it'd be best to pass over it. Besides, I hate commuting." He shrugs. "And for the record, at the moment I can't drive much more than a hovercycle -- though if the controls seem simple enough I suppose I could take a crack at it."

Captain Cook wrote:Over in the Kitchen Dhaltuun set about cooking less of a meal and more of a feast. Perhaps simple dwarven excess in a somewhat stereotypical manner. Not that any potential left overs would go to waste (And certainly with an ogre in the group there might well not be any). Unfortunately only about half of it turned out remotely as well as Dhaltuun had hoped. That wasn't to say anything was ruined (Though some of the beans and fish jerky were most assuredly overcooked) but that was the problem when one tried to cook on such a scale in a relatively simple kitchen. That and some of the basics he might have expected to be there were either missing or even slightly damaged. Not entirely surprising however once he found out the previous owners had met a rather grisly end in this very home. Torn apart or eaten by giant wolves that had terrorized the small farming community before the Templar had dealt with them and some mercenaries turned raiders.

None the less the meal turns out quite well indeed, and Kilo, being the ogre he was, was far from picky about his food. The big Juicer's definition of 'edible' appeared to be rather... loose.


((OOC: That just means Kilo's culinary horizons are very broad. :) ))

Rufus savors every bite of what is, to his memory, the first home-cooked meal he's had since before leaving Lazlo. "My friend, if you open portals half as well as you cook then I wouldn't be surprised if we land on top of the very team we're trying to find..." he chuckles. "and if we decide to retire from the adventuring trade, I'll help you convert the Gamera to a fully-fledged food truck... catering military actions large and small!"
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 pm

Perception:1d20+7 = 19:
12

JIC: 1d20:
19
1d100:
16


Kilo somehow manages to wander into the kitchen in search of treasures and trophies and immediately smells the food. Damn that smells good. Got to get me some of that. The ogre follows his nose to the food, sets the bug skull he had been polishing on the table, and begins eating, hopefully the food that was his. Kilo barely breaths as he eats and punctuates each mouthful of food with a mug sized chug of beer. Once others stop eating, the juicer looks around the room at the leftover food, Do I just take this shit or is there an amount of time I have to wait before eating someone else's food. Honestly, is it my fault these people eat so slow? Kilo gives each person three minutes and if they go that long without touching their food he will just reach over and take stuff off their plate. Once the food is gone the ogre moves on to the beer and drinks every single drop of it he can find.

Letting out a massive burp, Kilo wipes his hands on anything nearby, (not his suit) and says, "Good eats, Kilo go now." Looking at Jason he adds, "You tell Kilo when leave for killing?" Again, this statement seems like a question but it is ambiguous at best. The ogre heads back outside to his ogre nest and finds and sharpens a stick to mount the bug head on.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Captain Cook » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:45 pm

The new GM post is up!

Please start posting here: viewtopic.php?f=312&t=16171
Captain Cook
 

Previous

Return to Adventure Archives: The Templars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest