The Crawling City

Moderator: Augur

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:05 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 17:
16

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
27

JIC Round 2: 1d20:
16
/1d100:
67

PPE: 212/224

Rufus winces as the sound of Sifnos' gear-grinding reverberates around the area. "Oh yeah, that's not going to attract any attention what so ever..." he mutters to himself. When he sees the octo-mechanic exit the APC and start staring intently at the tracks, however, he shakes his head softly. Any time mechanics start looking at things like he's looking at that, it can't be good. We may be here a while. Here's hoping it's at least something he can fix.

Marcus wrote:The good doctor can't help but chuckle at the comment as the group arrives at the remains of an old station. Hovering above the group at about two hundred feet up, Marcus replies "Ok, we'll leave it a mystery. It looks like we are stopping here for a moment. I am going to get a better view till we know what the plan is. Please keep me informed."

With that the good doctor lifts higher into the sky. Rising to about twelve hundred feet, Marcus flips through the setting of his multi-optic helmet to take in a better view of what is near the group and the surrounding area. Marcus will skip the night vision setting if it is not night yet.


"The pictures in my head thank you..." Rufus replies. "Not a bad idea -- you take the high road and I'll take the low road. Doing a treetop level sweep of the area."

Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
75
/67%
Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100:
93
/89%

He heads out about 100 yards and does a slow circle of the immediate area, hoping to scout out any potential threats as well as any potential locations where they can shelter for a while if need be.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:42 pm

((rolls held over. Additional post addendum as per PM from the GM -- a GMPM, if you will.))

Rufus wrote:Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- Original post: 1d100:
93
/89%


Rufus feels himself getting all wibbly-wobbly as something seems to go wrong with his own piloting skills. Alright, alright already! I'm sorry I made fun of Siffy and his gummed-up tank treads! Just don't let me crash like that Archer guy... he grouses silently as he tries to re-right himself in the air.

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100:
36
/89%
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:46 am

Perception: 1d20:
7

JIC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
20


Jason smiles at Kilo's enthusiasm, but has to agree with the others. "We will continue above ground. Kilo, I know how much you want to crush bugs, but you won't be able to throw them far down there. When we find some big ones, I want to see how far you can throw it. Like you threw the tree. "

While Sifnos repairs the M113's track, Jason takes a walk around the area, trying to get the 'map' oriented. He looks for landmarks; key buildings in sight and in the photo, especially the rail station that they are in.

((Land Navigation--79% / 1d100:
90
))
GM Note: You are now -40% on future attempts to read this map.


Relax, Long. we're here somewhere. "Who else can read a map? I think I may be a bit turned around here and don't want us to head in the wrong direction, since we're on the clock" If Jason starts to get frustrated trying to figure out the photograph 'map', he resumes his search for a mass transit diagram. Even if it's not a scale map, a subway or bus diagram would show landmarks like the library, 'Your are here', and how many blocks up and over.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 4:
2

JIC: 1d20:
4
1d100:
47


Hearing the weird sound, Kilo sighs with over emphasized drama, "Fishy, bugs close. Kilo needs to fight. Fix later, drive now."

Jason Long wrote: "We will continue above ground. Kilo, I know how much you want to crush bugs, but you won't be able to throw them far down there. When we find some big ones, I want to see how far you can throw it. Like you threw the tree. "


Waiting politely for Jason to stop talking, Kilo answers, "Kilo kill bugs at both." Holding his arms up he adds, "Bugs come everywhere out here." Pointing to the tunnel he grumbles out, "Down there, bugs one place." The Ogre then points to the two members of the team and says, "They run away, Kilo kill bugs for days, what every else do for too many bugs?"

Jason Long wrote:"Who else can read a map? I think I may be a bit turned around here and don't want us to head in the wrong direction, since we're on the clock" If Jason starts to get frustrated trying to figure out the photograph 'map', he resumes his search for a mass transit diagram. Even if it's not a scale map, a subway or bus diagram would show landmarks like the library, 'Your are here', and how many blocks up and over.


Kilo holds out his hand to Jason and says, "Kilo like to kill things and look maps." The ogre will do his best to interpret the map the way he used to before the facility and his conversion and let Jason know what he thinks about direction, if he can.

Land Navigation: 52% | 1d100:
29
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 14:
11

JIC: 1d20:
1
/1d100:
14


Hours has his revolvers in his hands before he realises it, as the quiet is suddenly shattered by the horrible; ear piercing noise. "I hope that wasn't the damn dinner bell for something nasty out here." he signs and thinks to himself. He give Sifnos and his transport a disgusted look, re-holsters his weapons and continues to help Jason for a bit.

When Kilo comes over to have a look at the map, Hours snickers to himself and get back into the saddle. "Jason, I'm going to have a look around and see what our options are for going over land from here. I'll keep my radio on and my eyes open." with that he turns Traveller toward a likely direction and scouts ahead.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:37 am

Image

Local Conditions wrote:Ruins of Denver,Colorado
  • Location: Ruined Train Station Platform
  • Time: 0900 Hours September 6 110 PA
  • Ley Line Activity: Calm
  • Weather: Beautiful Fall day. Clear Skies.

OOC: I am not 100% positive this date and time is correct, but it is what I am going to tag every post with going forward.

Sifnos works on the tracks of the M113 as Jason struggles to read the map. Eventually he hands it over to Kilo who finds he can understand it without difficulty. The tunnels that Jason rejected go towards the heart of the city and with it goes the railway, though it draws a curvy and meandery path through what looks like several more of these stations including what looks like one underground. The map is more of a photograph and that is what is confusing about it. Not everything can be seen and one needs to extrapolate the details. Kilo and Jason pour over it and eventually the big ogre realizes they still have several miles to go to get to the city's heart but he can probably navigate it without getting lost.

While Sifnos works and the other two do their map thing, Marcus, Rufus and Hours all scout in different ways. Marcus in the air sees nothing, Hours sees nothing. Nobody sees anything other than a fine, crisp September day with leaves blowing here and there in a brisk wind and rusting trains all around.

Rufus catches a flash of movement from inside the tunnel mouth, but it's hard to say what it is. Well, until the mass of creatures explode out of the tunnel mouth at almost twenty miles an hour. They are horrible looking things, five feet long with another nine of tail bearing a sharp barb. They scuttle on six multi jointed limbs, each tipped with a human like hand that has a waving tentacle coming out of it. Iron gray in color they have an elongated head and a disgusting, drooly mouth that opens in a weird four mandible, four pointed jaw.

There are eleven of them, one leaping to land on top of the M113. It hisses sickeningly, gathering itself after it's leap in preparation to attack.

Another crashes headlong into the front of it with a sickening, heavy thump having mistimed it's leap. (-5 MDC, main body M113) The M113, with it's engine off is unable to supply power to the rail gun. The turret may still rotate and the missiles be fired on battery power but the vehicle will have to be started again to fire the rail gun. Anyone may start the engine without a roll if they have Pilot: Tank and APC or tracked vehicle at the cost of one action, anyone who does NOT have the skill in question may attempt to figure it out at one action per roll, needs to roll at least 20 on a 1d100.

Four more head towards Kilo at a dead run.

Three fan out and arc aroud the APC from different directions towards the unprotected Sifnos.

One crouches like a cat about to pounce and leaps to land in front of the M113 and gathers itself again, about to leap at the roof to join the other.

The last one, hissing and tail lashing makes a beeline for Hours and his horse. They are all very spread out, clever creatures not staying together. They've also attacked from ambush and are likely too close already to use indiscriminate weapons.

They are fast, ugly, and ravenous looking. Nobody has been attacked yet but in the next few seconds everything is going to hit the fan. Low hissing and shrill, insectoid calls (OOC: Think how Xenomorphs from Aliens sound) fill the air.

OOC: Rufus gets two extra actions this melee. He was the only one that saw them coming. Please post accordingly, those two actions should be 'ahead' of your regular ones. The party will come under attack in the next two or three seconds, one is already on top of the M113. They are well spread out. I'll have a map by mid week. For everyone other than Rufus there is no warning, no preparation. Just suddenly there are bugs in your face flying at you.

Save VS horror factor 18 or suffer horror factor penalties accordingly. These things are hideous and the party has been effectively ambushed. The shock of the attack is pretty incredible due to their look and speed.(This is another reminder to roll your skills when you think it may be applicable, had someone rolled Detect Ambush I would have alerted that the M113 broke down within easy striking range of the darkened tunnel.)

Save VS HF: A failed roll means the character is so overwhelmed that he is temporarily stunned. In game terms this means the character loses initiative (don't even roll for it), loses one attack/melee action, and cannot defend himself (no parry or dodge) against the creature's first attack of that melee round. Fortunately, the character snaps out of the shocked stupor quickly and can join in the combat that same melee. By the second melee round, the character has completely recovered his senses and is functioning as normal; roll for initiative and continue combat as usual. POST ACCORDINGLY. In this particular case, nobody will get hit as the creatures are moving to attack but they are in your face and on top of you. The init thing is very important, so is the potential lost action and your reactions. Don't bomb your HF roll and then post being a hard ass.

A successful lore: demons and monsters roll at -20 will reveal them to be Grigleapers. Which . . come to think of it, if you've spent any time in the west at all AND make your roll you probably have heard rumors that Denver was infested with them.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Kilo looks up from the map and sees the mass of bugs coming toward him. Save vs. horror factor 1d20+6 = 18. [Make removable]
(OOC I want to put my horror factor up now so I can determine how he will act, hope its ok to post that roll now and then post his edited reaction)
Kilo


GM note: I encourage this.

Image
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

JIC: 1d20:
15
1d100:
90


Kilo looks up from the map and sees the mass of bugs coming toward him. Save vs. horror factor 1d20+6 = 18:
12

(OOC I want to put my horror factor up now so I can determine how he will act, hope its ok to post that roll now and then post his edited reaction)

Pure elation and mass quantities of drugs flood into the juicers system. That brief moment before the drugs take effect gives Kilo but a moment to feel relief of the sheer boredom he had fought with for the last few weeks. The map falls from his fingers forgotten, no fear of death gripped the ogre as he moved to meet the threat. He had his drugs back and nothing else mattered.

Screaming at the top of his lungs, Kilo draws his clubs to meet the beasts, "YEEEEEESS!! COME MEET DEATH!!" Jumping to meet the four nearest him Kilo sacrifices any semblance of defense to try dish out as much damage as possible swinging his long metal clubs at any bug that choses to come close to him.

At no point does the ogre stop screaming at his opponents. If he connects with a shot he laughs out, "HA HA HA HA. FEEL LUCKY TO BE STRUCK BY KILO. NEVER AGAIN YOU STRUCK BY BETTER." If one of the bugs strikes Kilo he will still shout out, "BUGS WEAK! KILO NO HAS PAIN,KILO IS PAAAAAIN!!! HA HA HA!! If the ogre kills or knocks out one of the bugs he will spin and scream out, "MORE!! MORE FOR KILO".

He will not stop until he is dead or every bug ceases to move. His training in the facility and his drugs have taught him to not only relish in combat but to let himself become lost in it.

Performance: 50% | 1d100:
37


Combat:

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5:
3

APM: 6, (fighting with paired weapons)

Action 1: Strike closest bug with right club. 1d20+7 = 15:
8
Damage 6d6:
1, 2, 6, 3, 4, 4
Strike closest bug with left club. 1d20+7 = 12:
5
Damage 6d6:
2, 3, 6, 6, 2, 6

Action 2: Strike closest bug with right club. 1d20+7 = 10:
3
Damage 6d6:
2, 3, 2, 2, 4, 5
Strike closest bug with left club. 1d20+7 = 13:
6
Damage 6d6:
5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 4

Action 3: Strike closest bug with right club. 1d20+7 = 9:
2
Damage 6d6:
1, 2, 3, 5, 2, 2
Strike closest bug with left club. 1d20+7 = 19:
12
Damage 6d6:
3, 6, 1, 4, 2, 4

Action 4: Strike closest bug with right club. 1d20+7 = 18:
11
Damage 6d6:
4, 1, 2, 4, 5, 2
Strike closest bug with left club. 1d20+7 = 19:
12
Damage 6d6:
2, 5, 1, 5, 5, 2

Action 5: Strike closest bug with right club. 1d20+7 = 21:
14
Damage 6d6:
5, 2, 1, 2, 5, 2
Strike closest bug with left club. 1d20+7 = 25:
18
Damage 6d6:
2, 3, 2, 4, 1, 3

Action 6: Strike closest bug with right club. 1d20+7 = 9:
2
Damage 6d6:
1, 1, 5, 4, 1, 5
Strike closest bug with left club. 1d20+7 = 19:
12
Damage 6d6:
1, 6, 6, 1, 2, 2


Auto Dodge:
1d20+2 = 4:
2

1d20+2 = 19:
17

1d20+2 = 12:
10

1d20+2 = 10:
8

1d20+2 = 18:
16

1d20+2 = 15:
13
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 8:
5

JIC: 1d20:
16
/1d100:
35


Stormbringer wrote:The last one, hissing and tail lashing makes a beeline for Hours and his horse.


Hours sees the vile creatures charging his teammates, but focuses on the one coming at him. ((Save vs. Horror Factor: 1d20+2 = 7:
5
))((Travellers Save vs. Horror Factor: 1d20:
15
))

Somewhere in the back of his mind hides the name of the hideous thing barrelling down on him and Traveller, and probably some useful knowledge to save their skins; but at this very moment that tid bit of information aloods him as he stares at the unearthly monster.
Traveller catches the oncoming creatures presenses and begins to panic and rears up. Hours is quickly able to focus his mind on the new task of not being thrown, bringing the horse back under control and keeping it that way. "Whoo boy, easy now, easy. Now's not the time to panic." he says to his steed, but in his head he thinks, "This is the perfect time to panic."
After what seems like a life time, Hours snaps back to the here and now. Instinct and training take over and the Psi-Slinger pulls both of his charged revolvers and opens fire on the big bad heading his way.

Actions: 5

Action 1: Lost to Horror Factor
Action 2: Keeping Traveller under control.
Action 3: Target oncoming bug. To hit: 1d20+2 = 21:
19
/1d20+2 = 13:
11
Dmg: 1d6:
1
MD/1d6:
6
MD
Action 4: Target same bug. To hit: 1d20+2 = 19:
17
/1d20+2 = 19:
17
Dmg: 1d6:
5
MD/1d6:
1
MD
Action 5: Target same bug. To hit: 1d20+2 = 17:
15
/1d20+2 = 20:
18
Dmg: 1d6:
6
MD/1d6:
1
MD

((Horsemanship: Cowboy 75%/59% 1d20:
7
/1d20:
10
))
((Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% -20% 1d100:
28
))
Last edited by Hours Williams on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:35 am, edited 6 times in total.
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13:
11

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
16
/ 1d100:
97

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
5
/ 1d100:
85

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
1
/ 1d100:
68


18 vs. Horror Factor 1d20+2 = 14:
12


From several hundred feet up, the good doctor scans the surrounding area. All seem quite until the underground tunnel disgorges horrors from the depth of this forsaken city. Still more suited to lab work then to combat, the scene below shocks Marcus into momentary stupidity. For the first few seconds all Marcus can do is stare down in horror at the monsters speed and savagery.

Recovering from the shock, Marcus speeds back down towards the group as he pulls the net gun out. Marcus will descend to the height of about one hundred feet and start trying to capture some of the beasts to thin out the fighting numbers. Marcus will look for two or more together to try and get two for one shot. Marcus will not fire if the net would also capture a teammate. Marcus will move if he needs to get a better angle. Marcus will not come lower the fifty feet unless there is no way to hit any target without going lower.

Init: = HF fail
Actions: 8 (-1 = 7)

Action 1: Lost to HF
Action 2: Movement back down into range
Action 3: Fire netgun to try and capture monsters Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 5:
2

Action 4: Fire netgun to try and capture monsters Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 20:
17

Action 5: Fire netgun to try and capture monsters Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 20:
17

Action 6: Fire netgun to try and capture monsters Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 15:
12

Action 7: Fire netgun to try and capture monsters Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 6:
3

Action 8: Fire netgun to try and capture monsters Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 7:
4
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:15 am

Perception 1d20+3 = 20:
17

JIC: 1d20:
20
1d100:
83

JIC: 1d20:
18
1d100:
1

HF: 1d20:
1

Init: N/a due to HF

Sifnos is hammering away at the final chunk of debris in the wheels. he fires up the torch one last time and cuts the final piece out. as it drops out the torch cuts out. What the hell, I know my tanks are still full. He closes the valves then crawls out and comes face to face with hideous monster bug stepping on his torch lines. "Oh shit oh shit oh shit" Sifnos starts crawling backwards as his mind locks up,
He shakes his head then scrambles to get into the APC and close the hatches. Then starts up the APC and gets the weapons systems on line.

Actions: 7

Action 1: Freak out cause of failed HF
Action 2: get in APC and close up hatches
Action 3: start up APC then brings rail gun online
Action 4: target nearest bug in Field of View (FoV). To hit: 1d20:
7
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30:
3

Action 5: Target same bug if not dead or next FoV bug. To hit: 1d20:
17
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40:
4

Action 6:Target same bug if not dead or next FoV bug. To hit: 1d20:
2
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10:
1

Action 7:Target same bug if not dead or next FoV bug. To hit: 1d20:
4
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40:
4




m113: Rail gun 76/80 bursts Burst= 1d4x10
Last edited by Sifnos on Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:21 am

Perception: 1d20:
6

JIC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
73


HF roll: 1d20:
1
FAIL

Jason was about to thank Kilo for his help with the map when Kilo roars. Jason turns to see the monsters running at the team. For a moment, Jason stands dumbfounded. Fucking xenomorphs?!?!? As the shock wears off, Jason runs for the APC, yelling over the radio, "BUGS!". The tanker's panicked thoughts are to get armor between himself and the bugs and get to the big gun. If Sifnos isn't moving yet by the time Jason passes him, Jason picks up the octoman and gets him in the APC. If Sifnos is already moving towards the APC, Jason runs and gets inside. He does not close the hatch until Sifnos is inside. He then closes the hatch and starts the APC's engine to get power to the weapons.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19:
18

Actions: 5
1: Lost due to horror
2: Run to APC
3: Grab Sifnos or get in APC
4: Get in APC or close hatch
5: Close hatch or start APC
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:54 pm

First things first: Posting HF and Demon/Monster Lore rolls (thank you Kilo for setting that example)...

Save vs HF 18... 1d20+9 = 19:
10

Lore: Demons & Monsters 67% (47% after penalty)... 1d100:
90


-------------------------

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 4:
1

JIC: 1d20:
9
/1d100:
24

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
13
/1d100:
44

APM: 7

Conditions:
PPE: 212/224 at the start of this post

Skimming along, Rufus catches a flicker of movement in the corner of his eye. He glances over in time to see a large number of... somethings... swarming out from their hiding places and advancing on the group. For a brief moment, fear tries to grasp his mind in the cold grip of paralysis. Wait, what's that human saying? He muses as he tries to shake off the fear. 'I will not fear, for it is the mind-killer... and though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil... because my boomstick comforts me?' He shakes his head as he forces down the feeling of panic into a mental box. Whatever. It's close enough, I'm sure.

He keys his comlink and tries not to yell too loudly. "BUGS! We have bugs crawling out of the tunnel! LOOK OUT!!!!!" Marcus is in the air like me, Kilo'd probably get mad if I helped him, the APC should keep those inside safe, so that leaves Hours and Sifnos... oh crap, and Jason too! he reasons internally as he brings the hover pod around slightly for a better angle. Pointing to the buggy-things closest to the two most exposed members of the group, he begins to chant out incantations. "Veneficus laqueus! Veneficus laqueus! Veneficus laqueus! Veneficus laqueus! Veneficus laqueus!"

Bonus action 1: Shout over comlink. Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
7
/67%
Bonus action 2: Maneuver for a better vantage point/within range of spellcasting. Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes -- 1d100:
3
/89%

Actions:
  1. Cast Magic Net spell at buggy-thing threatening Jason/Hours/Sifnos. 7 PPE; saving throw is a dodge of 16 or better. 8 melees remaining.
  2. Cast Magic Net spell at buggy-thing threatening Jason/Hours/Sifnos. 7 PPE; saving throw is a dodge of 16 or better. 8 melees remaining.
  3. Cast Magic Net spell at buggy-thing threatening Jason/Hours/Sifnos. 7 PPE; saving throw is a dodge of 16 or better. 8 melees remaining.
  4. Cast Magic Net spell at buggy-thing threatening Jason/Hours/Sifnos. 7 PPE; saving throw is a dodge of 16 or better. 8 melees remaining.
  5. Cast Magic Net spell at buggy-thing threatening Jason/Hours/Sifnos. 7 PPE; saving throw is a dodge of 16 or better. 8 melees remaining.
  6. Reserved for dodging. Dodge -- 1d20+5 = 13:
    8
  7. Reserved for dodging. Dodge -- 1d20+5 = 10:
    5

Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+5 = 18:
13
, 1d20+5 = 14:
9
, 1d20+5 = 8:
3
, 1d20+5 = 14:
9
, 1d20+5 = 19:
14
, 1d20+5 = 6:
1
, 1d20+5 = 19:
14
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 pm

Well, everything sure hits the fan very quickly doesn't it?

The creatures are ugly as all sin and the initial actions of the party are delayed somewhat by the shock produced by their appearance and sheer speed. They take further advantage of this to move in close. Rufus is the first to react, perched steadily atop his medical pod, closing to within sixty feet to cast magic net. He is both lucky and unlucky at the same time, the things are fiendishly fast but he is successful at stopping the one that was heading towards Hours Actually, it wasn't heading towards Hours at all but it's trajectory was about to take it into the fleshy, unprotected side of his mount. He is also able to snare the one that was on top of the armored personnel carrier although the rest are nimbly dodged by the all too aware beasts. Hours' puts his telekinetic shots into the armored hide of the netted creature and to his horror he'll find that he's not doing much in the way of damage at all.

Marcus cuts loose with his net gun. The first shot misses by a county mile, while the second shot envelopes another. His third shot does absolutely nothing. The fourth shot makes the gun produce an unpleasant crackling sound as it tries to supply magic energy at his insistent trigger pulls but he just keeps trying. An unpleasant whirring sound begins to build and on the fifth trigger pull an ominous crackle is heard. So caught up in his trigger jerking, he hasn't noticed he's demanding way too much of a gun that is supposed to be fired only twice every fifteen seconds and on the sixth trigger pull a tremendous explosion of raw, blue magic energy rips out from the gun in his hands and leaves him with a smoking object and some burns that will heal quickly.
(-1000 SDC. Dude, you were told about this before during the wolf TP. The item says very clearly two attacks every fifteen seconds. Not six. You've had that gun for well over two years plus. Given that you have been told before and given how long you've had it, there is no excuse for 'not knowing' or 'misunderstanding'. The item is destroyed beyond all recovery. No salvageable value. Stuff like this makes me grumpy as hell, it's not an accident when you've been told and it's written there in black and white on your sheet for god knows how long. Come on, you are a veteran player you know better than this. You should be setting an example.

Sifnos and Jason fare better at least.

Between the two of them the M113's engine rumbles to life though they bump into each other several times jostling for the driver's seat. It ends up with the engine running, Jason in the driver's compartment and Sifnos on the rail gun. The flailing ends up putting the tank in gear which helps rather than hurts the party as it literally rolls part way over the creature that had slammed into it. It isn't dead yet, but it's pinned under the tracks and is mighty pissed off about it. The reassuring supersonic cracks of the rail gun begin to make themselves known though only one burst connects. It's a good thing it does too, because it was one of the bugs that had been closing in on Kilo's unprotected back. They punch a line of holes along it's carapace and knock it flailing off of it's feet, green and orange fluid oozing out of the holes. But horribly, it gets back to it's feet and redirects itself towards Kilo's back.

Speaking of Kilo, the giant is pure fury in motion. His clubs hit home with devastating effect and chitin tougher than battle armor shatters and fractures under the impacts. Of the four that rushed him, two die in his initial onslaught. The other two engage in a complicated dance with him, weaving, bobbing, dodging, getting claws in here and there, setting him up for the one that was shot by the APC to make a flying leap onto his back. It clings to his shoulder blades there, digging in with his claws as the other two go after him in full force, one wrapping itself around his left arm and trying to climb towards his face as the other makes slashing attacks at his legs. That he is not attempting to defend himself at all is not working in his favor. Or well, maybe it is given how he's killed two and wounded another. (-48 MDC, Kilo now has two clinging to him.)

The three that had been closing in for an attack on Sifnos and Jason are rebuffed by their gaining access to the APC. The boldest of them takes a running start, vaulting to the surface of the APC for extra distance and then making a flying leap at Rufus' medical pod where it connects and holds on. It can't do much more than hiss and spit at Rufus from it's position but it keeps trying to grab onto him with a claw and tentacle, though it isn't able to get purchase. (4 MDC damage, -20% to pilot until dislodged due to 200 pounds of bug awkwardly clinging to the side.).

Another one pounds away at the side of the APC, trying to get to the soft meat within. (-16 MDC)

Eleven of these horrible, slavering creatures entered. One is netted on top of the M113, rolling off as it lurches, one is semi-pinned underneath the tracks and clawing frantically (-14 MDC), one is netted near Hours, two are climbing Kilo, two are smashed to pieces and one is wounded by railgun fire. One wounded one is dancing him. Of the three that had been after Sifnos and Jason. One is clinging precariously to the side of Rufus' medical pod, and one is clawing at the side of the M113, the other has joined the fight against Kilo. This just leaves one, which was netted by Marcus earlier in the fight.

Butcher's Bill, Team Templar:
Marcus: -1000 SDC.
Rufus' Medical Pod: -4 MDC
Kilo: -48 MDC
M113: -30 MDC

Butcher's Bill, Team Bug:
2 Dead
1 Netted, Slightly Wounded
2 Netted, Unharmed
1 Wounded, Railgun Fire, Clinging to Kilo's back
1 Wounded, Clubs, Dancing with Kilo
1 Healthy, Kilo's left arm
1 Healthy, Clinging to Rufus' Pod
1 Beneath M113
1 Clawing at M113
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:07 am

Perception 1d20+3 = 21:
18

JIC: 1d20:
5
1d20:
3

JIC: 1d100:
13
1d100:
1

Init: Failed HF


Sifnos's aim was thrown off by a creeping APC but he remembers that he put the parking brake on so now that we are on a bug it should stop moving now. He sights in on the bug he hit and Fires again.

Actions: 7

Action 1: Target wounded bug Burst shot from Rail gun. To hit 1d20:
13
Dmg 1d4*10 = 20:
2

Action 2: Target current bug if alive. otherwise nearest target. To hit: 1d20:
15
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20:
2

Action 3: Target current bug if alive. otherwise nearest target. To hit: 1d20:
17
Hit
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10:
1

Action 4: Target current bug if alive. otherwise nearest target. To hit: 1d20:
19
Hit
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30:
3

Action 5: Target current bug if alive. otherwise nearest target. To hit: 1d20:
14
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10:
1

Action 6: Target current bug if alive. otherwise nearest target. To hit: 1d20:
2
Miss
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30:
3

Action 7: Target current bug if alive. otherwise nearest target. To hit: 1d20:
18
Hit
Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20:
2


m113: Rail gun 76/80 bursts Burst= 1d4x10
If fire all actions 69/80 bursts are left

If no targets are present Hold fire for that action and scan area for targets
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14:
11

JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
99

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
10
/1d100:
25

APM: 7

Conditions:
  • PPE: 177/224 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 136/140 at the start of this post

Stormbringer wrote:The creatures are ugly as all sin and the initial actions of the party are delayed somewhat by the shock produced by their appearance and sheer speed. They take further advantage of this to move in close. Rufus is the first to react, perched steadily atop his medical pod, closing to within sixty feet to cast magic net. He is both lucky and unlucky at the same time, the things are fiendishly fast but he is successful at stopping the one that was heading towards Hours Actually, it wasn't heading towards Hours at all but it's trajectory was about to take it into the fleshy, unprotected side of his mount. He is also able to snare the one that was on top of the armored personnel carrier although the rest are nimbly dodged by the all too aware beasts.

The boldest of them takes a running start, vaulting to the surface of the APC for extra distance and then making a flying leap at Rufus' medical pod where it connects and holds on. It can't do much more than hiss and spit at Rufus from it's position but it keeps trying to grab onto him with a claw and tentacle, though it isn't able to get purchase. (4 MDC damage, -20% to pilot until dislodged due to 200 pounds of bug awkwardly clinging to the side.).

Eleven of these horrible, slavering creatures entered. One is netted on top of the M113, rolling off as it lurches, one is semi-pinned underneath the tracks and clawing frantically (-14 MDC), one is netted near Hours, two are climbing Kilo, two are smashed to pieces and one is wounded by railgun fire. One wounded one is dancing him. Of the three that had been after Sifnos and Jason. One is clinging precariously to the side of Rufus' medical pod, and one is clawing at the side of the M113, the other has joined the fight against Kilo. This just leaves one, which was netted by Marcus earlier in the fight.


Rufus scowls in frustration as he only manages to snare one of the… what are those, anyway? They look vaguely familiar, almost like some monsters in a Golden Age vid… he muses as he tries to figure out just what the heck these things are.

Lore: Demons & Monsters: 67% (47% after penalty)... 1d100:
29


However the musing is short-lived as one of the bugs tries to get a little too close and personal with him. Wow, that's a pretty wicked leap... suddenly a light bulb clicks in the back of his mind. Oh yeah! They're Grigleapers! That seems rather obvious now that I think about it. Rufus' facial expression doesn't brighten however as knowledge of what they are also brings knowledge that city ruins in the old American West are supposedly crawling with them (literally). Well, at least Mrs. Nakamura's comments make more sense now.

Still, he's not going to let a little thing like knowledge get in the way of survival. At least for now, anyway. "Hey! I got a strict 'no Grigleaper hitchhikers' policy -- my insurance won't cover you!!!!" He yells as he kicks in the hover thrusters to gain some altitude and position over something that looks really sharp and painful should someone (oh, like a pesky Grigleaper perhaps) be so unfortunate as to fall upon it from a significant height. "Now go play 'catch' with the ground, will ya?"

He pulls out his NG-45LP and blasts away at the critter holding onto his borrowed ride. Hopefully if he can't put it out of its misery, he can at least dislodge it enough to make it fall without causing the pod to fall to the ground with it. Should he succeed at accomplishing either grisly goal, he'll turn his gun on the next most dangerous target.

Meanwhile, the automated turret strategically located aft of Rufus' furry butt clicked and whirred as it searched for its own targets...

Actions:
  1. Gain altitude/position over something sharp. Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes: 89% (69% after penalty)... 1d100:
    100

      1a. Oh crap. Try to regain control. Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes: 89% (69% after penalty)... 1d100:
      67
  2. Maneuver/Draw pistol
  3. Shoot clinging Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20+2 = 20:
    18
    ; Damage: 5d6:
    5, 2, 2, 4, 6
    MDC
  4. Shoot clinging Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20+2 = 8:
    6
    ; Damage: 5d6:
    3, 4, 4, 6, 3
    MDC
  5. Shoot clinging Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20+2 = 21:
    19
    ; Damage: 5d6:
    5, 1, 1, 6, 1
    MDC
  6. Shoot clinging Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20+2 = 16:
    14
    ; Damage: 5d6:
    2, 6, 6, 2, 3
    MDC
  7. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+5 = 11:
    6

Auto-parries if needed: 1d20+5 = 19:
14
, 1d20+5 = 20:
15
, 1d20+5 = 14:
9
, 1d20+5 = 18:
13
, 1d20+5 = 17:
12
, 1d20+5 = 18:
13
, 1d20+5 = 19:
14


Mini-laser defense turret shots (if applicable; assuming any Grigleapers wind up in its arc of fire):
  1. Shoot Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20:
    6
    ; Damage: 2d6:
    4, 6
    MDC
  2. Shoot Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20:
    18
    ; Damage: 2d6:
    5, 6
    MDC
  3. Shoot Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20:
    12
    ; Damage: 2d6:
    2, 4
    MDC
  4. Shoot Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20:
    4
    ; Damage: 2d6:
    3, 1
    MDC
  5. Shoot Grigleaper. Strike: 1d20:
    1
    ; Damage: 2d6:
    1, 1
    MDC
      5a. Critical miss after-roll (if needed): Strike: 1d20:
      4
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:11 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13:
11
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
7
/ 1d100:
69


Skills used:


Monsters from nightmare come rushing from the depths to assault the Templar. A shock of fear runs through the good doctor before he can react and once he can, Marcus feels rapid beating of his heart. Soon follows the quick breaths and racing thoughts that herald the threat of a panic attack. The good doctor tries to get a grip on himself as he aims his net gun at the monsters and just keeps pulling the trigger. Again and again the almost panicking physician abuses the weapon beyond its' limits. A tremendous explosion of raw, blue magic energy rips out from the gun in his hands and snaps him back to his senses. Marcus can't help be think, "Get a grip old man, now is not the time to go to pieces. I wonder if these things are susceptible to neural tasers? No time to test it out though."

Looking about, Marcus sees the Templar holding their own for the most part. Thankful no-one seem hurt badly yet. With a quick almost frantic chuckle Marcus yells out, "Rufus, I hope that Cleanse spell can buff out dents. Really now, first time out of MercTown and the paints already scratched up. " Seeing Kilo getting a bit more then his fair share of attentions, Marcus will lean into the ability he likes least and expel concentrated blasts of light down on the monsters plaguing The largest member of the Templar.

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 17:
14

# of Att: 8

Action 1: Energy Expulsion: Light on the monsters harassing Kilo. Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 9 | Damage: 10d6 = 41
Action 2: Energy Expulsion: Light on the monsters harassing Kilo. Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 20 | Damage: 10d6 = 33
Action 3: Energy Expulsion: Light on the monsters harassing Kilo. Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 15 | Damage: 10d6 = 32
Action 4: Energy Expulsion: Light on the monsters harassing Kilo. Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 17 | Damage: 10d6 = 37
Action 5: Energy Expulsion: Light on the monsters harassing Kilo. Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 5 | Damage: 10d6 = 33
Action 6: Energy Expulsion: Light on the monsters harassing Kilo. Roll to Strike: 1d20+3 = 4 (Nat 1)| Damage: 10d6 = 36
Action 7-8: held for dodge, movement, or reacting.
Critical miss after-roll (if needed): Strike: 1d20:
16


Dodge if needed: 1d20+12 = 18:
6

Dodge if needed: 1d20+12 = 24:
12


Marcus will try to stay around one hundred feet in the air but will move lower if needed to get a shot off. Marcus will keep an eye out for Hours and Rufus. If one seems to be getting over whelmed or immobile, Marcus will switch to aiding them. (GM call if a switch needs to be made.)
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:09 am

Perception: 1d20:
4

JIC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
23


As the engine of the APC powers up and Sifnos gets the turret in action, Jason takes a deep breath and takes the APC's controls. Damn, freaked out like a rookie. You can do better than this. He moves the APC carefully, to not disturb Sifnos's aim, trying to grind the bug under the machine with the tracks. He then backs the machine off to give Sifnos a better line of fire and some distance from the bug at the APC's side. If he can get some distance, he will open the driver's hatch and fire with his NG-45LP.

((Pilot: Tanks & APCs--95% / 1d100:
22
% ))

"Sifnos, tell me where you need me for a better shot! I'll try to keep it steady." Jason looks through the vision slits and tries to keep an overall picture of the battle.

((Intelligence--75% / 1d100:
61
% ))

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19:
18

Actions: 5
1: Grind the grigleaper under the tracks. 1d20+5 = 11:
6
to hit, if appropriate
2: Back machine off.
3: If he has distance from the grigleapers, Jason opens the driver's hatch.
4: Fire at closest grigleaper with NG45. 1d20+7 = 23:
16
to hit, 5d6:
4, 5, 4, 5, 4
MD
5: Fire at closest grigleaper with NG45. 1d20+7 = 8:
1
to hit, 5d6:
4, 2, 5, 3, 2
MD
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 11:
9

JIC: 1d20:
7
1d100:
97


Performance: 50% | 1d100:
24


The smile doesn't leave the ogre's face as he swings left and right attacking and destroying anything in his path. The euphoria flooding through his body as the juice spreads out to every part of his body is all that matters. It doesn't matter that I didn't choose this life. This feeling is all that matters. Kilo doesn't notice when the first bug latches on and continues hammering his clubs at anything that moves. He only notices the second bug attach itself to him because it interrupts his swinging motion. His vision clears slightly as the juicer takes in his situation and Kilo reacts with a roar, "BUGS NO EAT KILO!!! KILO EAT BUGS!!! COME KILO'S STOMACH FUCK BUGS" He immediately throws his two clubs at the bug still in front of him and plucks each of the two bugs attached to him ripping them away from his armor. If he is able to swing the tiny bugs one handed he will start using them in place of his clubs, attacking any remaining bugs.

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 17:
15

APM: 6
Action 1: Throw both clubs at the Bug Kilo is dancing with: Left 1d20+7 = 26:
19
Right 1d20+7 = 12:
5
Damage 6d6:
5, 6, 1, 3, 4, 1
6d6:
2, 6, 6, 5, 4, 6

Action 2: Grab the bugs attached in each hand, (not sure what the squeeze damage could be with one had but I assume there would be some)
Action 3: Pull them off of himself in a large arc
Action 4: Beat nearby bugs with their friends. Right hand strike 1d20+7 = 9:
2
Left hand strike 1d20+7 = 19:
12
Damage: 6d6:
3, 5, 6, 1, 3, 2
6d6:
5, 2, 4, 4, 2, 6

Action 5: Beat nearby bugs with their friends. Right hand strike 1d20+7 = 20:
13
Left hand strike 1d20+7 = 12:
5
Damage: 6d6:
6, 1, 4, 1, 2, 5
6d6:
1, 2, 6, 4, 1, 5

Action 6: Beat nearby bugs with their friends. Right hand strike 1d20+7 = 12:
5
Left hand strike 1d20+7 = 9:
2
Damage: 6d6:
2, 1, 5, 6, 5, 6
6d6:
4, 4, 3, 5, 5, 1
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:08 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10:
7

JIC: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
27


Stormbringer wrote:...the things are fiendishly fast but he is successful at stopping the one that was heading towards Hours Actually, it wasn't heading towards Hours at all but it's trajectory was about to take it into the fleshy, unprotected side of his mount... Hours' puts his telekinetic shots into the armored hide of the netted creature and to his horror he'll find that he's not doing much in the way of damage at all.


Hours never takes his eyes off the oncoming creature, even when a net suddenly appears out of no where and stops the thing. "Thank you whoever that was." flashes across his mind. A momentary pang of horror stuns him at the realazation that the psi enhanced revolver shots aren't getting the job done. "Son of a bitch...Damn it, what are those things" he says to Traveller. "Time for the big gun." he adds, holstering his handguns and whipping out the Sharp Shooter from it's scabbard with practiced ease. Putting the rifle up to his shoulder, he fires on the creature before it can get itself loose.
If he kills the bug, he will turn his attension to one of the things attacking Kilo.

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 19:
18

APM: 4

Action 1: Switches from handguns to rifle
Action 2: Target closest bug. To hit: 1d20+2 = 16:
14
. Dmg: 3d6:
2, 5, 3
MD
Action 3: Target closest bug. To hit: 1d20+2 = 22:
20
. Dmg: 3d6:
6, 4, 2
MD
Action 4: Target closest bug. To hit: 1d20+2 = 14:
12
. Dmg: 3d6:
2, 2, 4
MD

((Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% - 1d100:
94
.))
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:16 pm

And so the ambush is sprung and everyone lights up. More or less.

And not smokes either.

The APC comes to a halt overtop of one of the flailing bugs. Even Jason will have to have some respect for just how sturdily the things are built. Seriously, the APC actually climbs up it's body and comes to a slithering halt as the tracks lose grip on ichor stained chitin. Amazingly, despite all of that weight? The natural armor holds. The APC is parked on top of it and it is still struggling. Fortunately, Jason knows exactly what to do and opening the hatch he blows it away with his pistol. It's pretty much a freebie for Team Templar as the beast can't get away from those treads and megawatts of ion energy later, it goes still . . . with the body still in one piece and under the APC, just sporting a pair of new holes from Jason's pistol. It's quite dead though. +1 for Team Templar.

At the same time? Kilo is really in the midst of it. He's able to get hold of one of the things that swarm him, his right hand closing around an armored exoskeleton that stubbornly resists his attempts to crush it. The other one, already wounded, manages to evade his grip and . . . there isn't much time to think about it's escape. The electronic buzz of charging capacitors is a crackling prelude to a rapid fire staccato song of supersonic cracks. Rail guns are not quiet and the sound of this one obliterates pretty much any thoughts of the people around it as it goes to work. Sifnos' shots are not especially pretty, going for volume of fire rather than pinpoint accuracy but they are effective. Unfortunately, so are the claws of the wounded creature. Sinking it's teeth into the back of Kilo's neck it begins raking his broad back with all four legs and the advanced ceramic and metal might as well be made of tissue paper as it flakes under the affections of it's claws. A fusillade of shots perforates it's already abused flank, but the damage that it is able to do in less than six seconds is shocking. The rail gun fire does dislodge it however and a rending smash with it's companion cracks it's hide for good and all and it lies still. There are still bugs around him though and railgun fire goes all over the place, some of the shots coming dangerously close to the ogre's face. (-68 MDC Kilo) Between Marcus, Sifnos and Kilo though the three go to work on the remaining creatures around him and after fifteen more seconds of blasting and flailing he stands alone in an oasis of battered and broken insects, still twitching here and there. Chitin and gore are all over him and the armor on his back is flaking away in pieces. Marcus' fire wasn't especially accurate but the damage certainly was there along with Kilo's improvised weapon.

In the air, Rufus has his own problems. He isn't helped by anyone else and is more or less doing a solo dance with a very angry grigleaper that is refusing to take no for an answer. It seems to desperately want to come along for the ride or eat his face. One of the two, anyway. He puts three pistol shots into it and still it survives. It's clearly badly wounded and leaking orange guts, but that doesn't stop it from doing ugly things to the medical pod as it clambers all around it trying to avoid being shot. It's hit several times by the rear mounted laser and the little turret is the thing that finally ends it, but it goes strangely silent with the last shot. At least Rufus wasn't eaten? (-64 MDC, Medical Pod)

Hours's rifle pours so much energy into the netted creature that in places the armored hide begins to glow. The creature can't get away but it can sure hiss and spit at him as the tender application of his laser rifle peels away an outer layer of skin, revealing hard exoskeleton. Here and there it actually manages to burn through it and into soft entrails but still the thing lives, thrashing with some kind of primordial hate all the while; eyes locked with his. Sifnos finishes it off with a flurry of railgun fire and Hours has the unpleasant feeling that despite being an animal this thing wanted to destroy him first and eat him second. The malice that comes off of these creatures is incredible.

Thanks to the sheer volume of fire from the party now that their big guns are in play, the rest of the creatures are silenced quickly, leaving the Templar victorious over a very broken apocalyptic landscape. After thirty seconds of all out combat . . the silence is deafening. The ruined splendor of the city that the Templar cannot easily escape now lies before them, having shared one of it's secrets. So this is what it contains. Ahead is the not-so-open road.

Total Butcher's bill for this fight (both rounds)
Marcus: -1000 SDC.
Rufus' Medical Pod: -68 MDC
Kilo: -116 MDC
M113: -30 MDC

Loot: 11 Grigleaper corpses, various states of f----d up.
OOC: Please tally your ammunition expenditures if you haven't done so already and make sure to note it on your sheet along with your damage.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 13:
11

JIC: 1d20:
14
1d100:
6


Performance: 50%|1d100:
79


Nothing I touch lives. I bring death to all. It's all I've been built for and I will never stop killing. Kilo is lost in a haze of battle fury and the euphoria creates by his juicer drugs. Throwing his clubs at one of the creatures, the ogre rips free another of the bugs that had been attached to him and proceeds to beat the other bugs with their companion. The juicer moves in a blur, bludgeoning one bug and then the next. Kilo is aware of another attached to his back but ignores the damage it is doing to him and smiles as he savours the joy killing it later will bring him. Several times he takes note of something hurting the bugs as he is about to attack and the ogre is able to piece out that someone is attacking from a distance. He lets out a roar in anger at the realization as he finds new bugs to kill, "KILO DOES KILLING!!" The juicer takes a mental note, that is immediately lost, to find out who is doing the shooting and kill them later, But first, these bugs.

With no warning the big ogre turns and can't find any moving bugs. Fear grips the juicer as he can instantly feel the drugs begin to weaken in response to the lack of an enemy. Spinning wildly, he frantically searches for more enemies, "MORE! MOOORE!! KILO NOT DONE!! MOOOOORE!!! Unable to locate any, Kilo turns to the closest moving person or object and winds up to deliver a killing blow, anything to bring back the feeling the drugs give him. A small voice in the back of his head wins the battle of will and is able to get in a single word, STOP! The word causes him to falter for a fraction of a second. The fraction of a second is all the ogre needs to bring him out of his rage.

Kilo takes in the scene, dead and scattered bugs with ichor and body parts strewn in a heap all around him. He smiles remembering the joy he took at dispatching the vile bugs. Then he can feel the last of the juice being dumped into his system and the ogre tips back his head and lets out a blood curdling howl, full of pain and anger at the loss of the drugs he so badly needs. Finding one of the nearby dead bugs, the ogre hammers what is left of the mangled corpse in his hand into it over and over. Black goo and pieces of the bug spew everywhere as Kilo screams, "YOU NO EAT KILO!! KILO WARN WHAT HAPPEN!! With that, he rips off is helmet and starts jamming the fleshy parts of the bugs into his mouth barley chewing before swallowing massive chunks of the bugs.

Once done making good on his threat, Kilo stomps back to the others and sits on the ground, still breathing heavily and says in an uncharacteristically calm voice, "Taste is tree sap in bear shit."
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:39 am

Perception 1d20+3 = 9:
6

JIC 1d20:
5
1d20:
16

1d100:
59
1d100:
65


Sifnos powers down the rail gun and waits till Kilo settles down then exits the APC.
He surveys the damage to APC.
Basic Mechanics -- 62% 1d100:
25

Mechanical Engineer -- 67% 1d100:
80


Hmm not too bad He thinks as he peers in at the scratches left by the bugs.
He gets to the dead bug under the tire and sees that the body is supporting the weight of the APC.
"Wow that is some serious armor" He waves a tentacle at Jason in the cockpit. "Hey Boss, Back it up I wanna get a closer look at this thing"

Assuming Jason moves the APC:
Sifnos will drag the bug away from the APC and attempt to dismember it to save the main carapace. He will use a knife from his tool kit. "You don't waste anything in the wild" he mutters as he starts carving.
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Rolls Carried

Kilo sits pouting on the ground thinking the events through, Damn bugs! They chewed up my armor in the back like crazy. What the hell am I goona do about that? Even after the intense action of the last few moments, his juicer nerves can't keep him sitting still for long. The movement of the APC draws Kilo's attention like a squirrel draws a dog's. He shoots up to his feet still pissed off at the loss of his drug effects but excited to have something else going on. Seeing Sifnos looking at the dead bugs, Kilo slides up beside him to see what his friend was doing.
"Fishy hungry like Kilo?" Tapping Sifnos' belly, (or where Kilo assumes is his belly) the ogre continues, "Taste not good and need steel in guts for eat bug meat."
Sifnos wrote: "Wow that is some serious armor" He waves a tentacle at Jason in the cockpit. "Hey Boss, Back it up I wanna get a closer look at this thing" Sifnos will drag the bug away from the APC and attempt to dismember it to save the main carapace. He will use a knife from his tool kit. "You don't waste anything in the wild" he mutters as he starts carving.

Kilo instantly sees a possible solution to his earlier problem. "Fishy. You make Kilo bug, what word?" The ogre motions to his back and his mangles armour, "Cape. That it. Make Kilo bug cape?"

Before even getting an answer, Kilo will start rummaging through the dead bugs trying to find bodies in good enough shape that Sifnos might be able to piece together his makeshift armor. As he looks, Kilo will snap off a few claws and teeth he can keep as souvenirs, all the while grumbling things like, "Fuck bugs don't try eat Kilo..."
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am

Perception: 1d20:
3

JIC: 1d20:
11
/1d100:
99


Jason looks for more targets and realizes that the fight was over as fast as it started. Embarrassed by his lack of composure when the bugs first attacked, he falls back on training; secure position, treat wounded, etc. He radios the rest of the team, "All Templar report status. Anyone injured seriously injured, fall back to the APC. Doc? Please attend to the wounded. Rufus, if you are still able to fight, stay flying on overwatch until we can get moving. Hours, If you aren't hurt, please do the same at ground level. I want to be out of here in 3 minutes if possible"

Sifnos wrote:"Wow that is some serious armor" He waves a tentacle at Jason in the cockpit. "Hey Boss, Back it up I wanna get a closer look at this thing"


Jason backs the M113 off of the bug. "Sifnos, if you want to examine it, I suggest loading it up. That fight made a lot of noise and I would prefer to clear this area before we see more bugs than even Kilo can handle." Speaking of Kilo Jason sees the Juicer collecting souvenirs and carcasses. "How bad are you hurt Kilo?"
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:06 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 13:
12

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 13:
10
(if needed, but I doubt it)
JIC: 1d20:
18
/1d100:
32

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
15
/1d100:
10


Conditions:
  • PPE: 177/224 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes: 1d100:
11
/89%

Marcus wrote:With a quick almost frantic chuckle Marcus yells out, "Rufus, I hope that Cleanse spell can buff out dents. Really now, first time out of MercTown and the paint's already scratched up."


“Hey, I can’t help it if I look delicious…” Rufus quips back as he’s trying to draw a bead on his unwanted passenger. “Sorry, grda ženska*, but ‘Kankoran on the half-shell’ isn’t on the menu today. Now do us all a favor and bounce off something sharp down there already!”

*(in Wolfen) ugly lady

Stormbringer wrote:In the air, Rufus has his own problems. He isn't helped by anyone else and is more or less doing a solo dance with a very angry grigleaper that is refusing to take no for an answer. It seems to desperately want to come along for the ride or eat his face. One of the two, anyway. He puts three pistol shots into it and still it survives. It's clearly badly wounded and leaking orange guts, but that doesn't stop it from doing ugly things to the medical pod as it clambers all around it trying to avoid being shot. It's hit several times by the rear mounted laser and the little turret is the thing that finally ends it, but it goes strangely silent with the last shot. At least Rufus wasn't eaten? (-64 MDC, Medical Pod)

Thanks to the sheer volume of fire from the party now that their big guns are in play, the rest of the creatures are silenced quickly, leaving the Templar victorious over a very broken apocalyptic landscape. After thirty seconds of all out combat . . the silence is deafening. The ruined splendor of the city that the Templar cannot easily escape now lies before them, having shared one of it's secrets. So this is what it contains. Ahead is the not-so-open road.


“Three cheers for the automated butt-gun,” he chirps as the mini-turret’s final blast finishes off the grigleaper though he’s not as happy on the inside. They say silence is golden, but that’s not the kind of silence you want to hear. Or rather, NOT hear. He grimaces as he looks back at the little turret as well as what damage he can see from where he’s seated. He’s no mechanic but he gives the turret and instrument panel a quick once-over to see if he can get some sort of clue as to how badly damaged it is. Great, just great… our first hostile encounter and we’re already pretty chewed up.

Sensory Equipment: 1d100:
15
/54%
Basic Electronics: 1d100:
81
/32%

Not yet ready to touch down all the way on the ground, he floats down to where Sifnos is playing sushi chef. “Make a quick run to Denver, he said. It’ll be fun, he said…” he adds with a sardonic grin. “Hey Sif -- rough glance, how bad does this thing look from where you’re standing? I could be wrong but I think the paint job is shot.”

As Sifnos is looking at the damage (or ignoring Rufus, whichever) he adds, “by the way if anyone’s interested… these critters are called ‘Grigleapers,’ named for the guy who first discovered ‘em. Here’s hoping he survived the discovery process,” he shrugs. “From what I understand, this was a larger than typical pack but urban areas like this are crawling with them.” He pauses a moment and chuckles. “Well, at least now we know what Nakamura meant when he said ‘it crawls’ -- somebody remind me to tell him exactly what it’s crawling WITH when we get back.”

Kilo wrote:Once done making good on his threat, Kilo stomps back to the others and sits on the ground, still breathing heavily and says in an uncharacteristically calm voice, "Taste is tree sap in bear shit."


Rufus’ train of thought comes to a sudden crashing halt at Kilo’s statement -- partly because of what he said but also because of the reserved, dispassionate tone of voice. He looks at the ogre with a blank stare for a long moment. He finally manages to get out, “I really don’t want to know how you know that, arkadaş*…”

*(in Gobblely) friend

Jason Long wrote:"All Templar report status. Anyone injured seriously injured, fall back to the APC. Doc? Please attend to the wounded. Rufus, if you are still able to fight, stay flying on overwatch until we can get moving. Hours, If you aren't hurt, please do the same at ground level. I want to be out of here in 3 minutes if possible"


Rufus keys his comlink. “My would-be travelling buddy tried to… what’s the phrase? Oh yeah, ‘pimp my ride’ a good bit but I’m still airborne at least for the moment.”

Radio: Basic: 1d100:
87
/67%

He revs the thrusters to gain some altitude. “So how much further does that map say we’ve got to slog through this giant concrete Grig-hive, anyway?”
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:39 pm

...Rolls carried

Jason Long wrote:How bad are you hurt Kilo?"


Kilo snaps his head up at the question but keeps his hands working. "Kilo no hurt!" There is genuine confusion in the ogre's tone. "Kilo never hurt, I juiced."
What the hell is he talking about? Does he not know juicers don't feel pain? A thought jumps into his head as he runs Jason's question over again. Realizing his mistake Kilo answers again, still working on one of the bugs, "Oh, Boss mean injured. No Kilo no injured. Armor not in happy place though." Just at the moment the ogre snaps free the piece of the bug he had been working on and holds it up triumphantly. "Kilo did some injuring today."
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Mon May 02, 2016 2:32 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 15:
13
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
20
/ 1d100:
27


Skills used:
Medical Doctor--108/110%: 1d100:
1
(See the group is healthy)
Entomological Medicine--115/75%: 1d100:
84
(Info on bungs)
Veterinary Science--100%: 1d100:
70
(info on bugs)
Field Surgery--80%: 1d100:
85
(Helping Sifnos carve up the bugs if needed)
Juicer Technology--95%: 1d100:
100
(check over Kilos' systems)


As the battle rages on, Marcus tries to keep an eye out for all the members of the Templar. Unfortunately it seems that to also mean that the good doctor can't hit the broad side of a barn most days. Luckily the fight is over faster the Marcus can believe and just as he is about to get on the radio, it crackles to life.

Jason Long wrote:"All Templar report status. Anyone injured seriously injured, fall back to the APC. Doc? Please attend to the wounded. Rufus, if you are still able to fight, stay flying on overwatch until we can get moving. Hours, If you aren't hurt, please do the same at ground level. I want to be out of here in 3 minutes if possible"


Hopping on the radio, the good doctor replies, "I am on it boss.". With that Marcus doesn't wait for the others to head to the APC but instead heads over to look everyone over personally while thinking, "If these guys are like most real fighters I have known, they'll hardcore it and not tell me their hurt until a limb falls off." With that Marcus zips off to take a quick look at Rufus.

Rufus wrote:“Hey, I can’t help it if I look delicious…” Rufus quips back as he’s trying to draw a bead on his unwanted passenger. “Sorry, grda ženska*, but ‘Kankoran on the half-shell’ isn’t on the menu today. Now do us all a favor and bounce off something sharp down there already!”
*(in Wolfen) ugly lady
“Three cheers for the automated butt-gun,” he chirps as the mini-turret’s final blast finishes off the grigleaper though he’s not as happy on the inside. They say silence is golden, but that’s not the kind of silence you want to hear. Or rather, NOT hear. He grimaces as he looks back at the little turret as well as what damage he can see from where he’s seated. He’s no mechanic but he gives the turret and instrument panel a quick once-over to see if he can get some sort of clue as to how badly damaged it is. Great, just great… our first hostile encounter and we’re already pretty chewed up.


With a relived chuckle, the good doctor looks over Rufus and replies, "Well delicious or not, I am glad they didn't get a chunk of of you. Besides, any battle you walk away from is a good one in my book. As for the butt gun.". And here Marcus razes chuckles harder. "Hip Hip HuRay. But really, don't worry about the damage. As fights go, we did good. I have been in fights that ended with the whole team captured and me wakening up in a foreign land without a stitch of clothes left on me." Marcsu will chat for a few moments before moving on to Sifnos.

Sifnos wrote:Sifnos will drag the bug away from the APC and attempt to dismember it to save the main carapace. He will use a knife from his tool kit. "You don't waste anything in the wild" he mutters as he starts carving.


Marcus will zip up to and around Sifnos, looking him over for a moment before confirming that he has taken no hurt and taking an interest in the armored carcass as well. "Robust as heck isn't it. If you need an hand carving it up, just let me know.". As the good doctor is talking with Sifnos, Kilo come over to have a talk with the multi-limbed being. Marcus almost does a double take and the scratched up armor and bits of bug on Kilo. Marcus has to hover up to get a look at Kilo but just as the good doctor is about to take a closer, he stops. Marcus pulls out the TW-Feather duster, attaches the life force adapter to it and Cleanses Kilo before taking a closer look at him and his juicer rig. After a moment moment, Marcus speaks to Kilo. "Well for going toe to toe with those thing you seem to have come out of it all ok. Though at some point I would like to attach a monitoring program and transmitter to your rig so I can monitor and remote manage your juice. I know these things are hard on a body and all but with close management I think we could eek you out a bit more time. Besides the last thing I think we need is have your Juice spikeing you to a combat high every time a dear pops out of the woods. That kind of constant use might cut your life span down a bit." MArcus will chat with that two for a bit after reporting back in to Jason.

Flicking on his radio Marcus will say, "Jason, the Templar all see good. More wear and tare to the gear then the personal. From a medical stand point we can roll out anytime."
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Mon May 02, 2016 9:10 am

Perception: 1d20:
3

JIC: 1d20:
15
1d100:
30


Marcus wrote:Marcus almost does a double take and the scratched up armor and bits of bug on Kilo. Marcus has to hover up to get a look at Kilo but just as the good doctor is about to take a closer, he stops. Marcus pulls out the TW-Feather duster, attaches the life force adapter to it and Cleanses Kilo before taking a closer look at him and his juicer rig.


Kilo is a little apprehensive of whatever it is Marcus is doing with the weird tool he has but Kilo had learned as a very young ogre, that when the medicine man is looking at you, you stay still until he's done. You also drink what he tells you to drink no matter how it tastes. When the tool has done his job Kilo is a little disappointed at being cleaned as he really loved the gore all over him. It really showed that he had been in a fight. I guess these civilized types don't like me walking around with bug guts all over me. But I'm keeping my trophies.


Marcus wrote:After a moment moment, Marcus speaks to Kilo. "Well for going toe to toe with those thing you seem to have come out of it all ok. Though at some point I would like to attach a monitoring program and transmitter to your rig so I can monitor and remote manage your juice. I know these things are hard on a body and all but with close management I think we could eek you out a bit more time. Besides the last thing I think we need is have your Juice spikeing you to a combat high every time a dear pops out of the woods. That kind of constant use might cut your life span down a bit."


Kilo looks at the doctor as if he had just wiped his ass with a rabbit and then ate the rabbit. It takes a few moments for the ogre to react but when he does he has a grave look on his face. "Doc, Kilo no know all what you say just. It sound to Kilo like you give me less juice." The juicer wags a massive finger at the doctor. "I like you doc. You make juice run good for Kilo. Kilo even not want eat Doc cause Doc make good eats for Kilo." The ogre places a hand on Marcus's shoulder and looks him dead in the eyes and with no sense of a joke in his voice and says, "But Doc not make less Juice to Kilo. Kilo need juice. More, not less. Kilo know who he is and where he going." The ogre then returns a big grin to his face and says questioningly, "Doc help Kilo get bug claws and teeth?" and moves back to dismember more of the dead bugs.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Mon May 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 6:
3

JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
26


Stormbringer wrote:Hours's rifle pours so much energy into the netted creature that in places the armored hide begins to glow. The creature can't get away but it can sure hiss and spit at him as the tender application of his laser rifle peels away an outer layer of skin, revealing hard exoskeleton. Here and there it actually manages to burn through it and into soft entrails but still the thing lives, thrashing with some kind of primordial hate all the while; eyes locked with his. Sifnos finishes it off with a flurry of railgun fire and Hours has the unpleasant feeling that despite being an animal this thing wanted to destroy him first and eat him second. The malice that comes off of these creatures is incredible.


Lore: Demons & Monsters 40%: 1d20:
6

Hours involuntarily shivers now that the heat of battle is over. "I don't think I've ever seen such unrestrained hate in an animal before, I'd swear that thing was going to tear us apart just for the fun of it." He says to Traveller, patting his neck. "I wish I knew what that thing is." He's reveve is broken by a sudden voice in his ear.

Jason Long wrote:"All Templar report status. Anyone injured seriously injured, fall back to the APC. Doc? Please attend to the wounded. Rufus, if you are still able to fight, stay flying on overwatch until we can get moving. Hours, If you aren't hurt, please do the same at ground level. I want to be out of here in 3 minutes if possible"


Keying his ear piece Hours replys with a little more bravito then he actly feels, "We're still here and in one piece Jason, dispite what these S.O.B.s tried to pull. I hear that, not looking for round two, I'm on it." He then adds, How did Punch Side-Iron make out in his fight?"

Horsemanship: Cowboy 75%/59%: 1d100:
4
/1d100:
33

Seeing the Doc fly from one to another, Hours comes to the conclusion that no one was seriously hurt. He slides the rifle back into the safety of its scabbard and turn his mount back to the task they'd started. Quickly, but carefully the horse and rider scout thought the surrounding old growth and rubble.


1d20:
7
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Tue May 03, 2016 7:53 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Kilo wrote:Kilo looks at the doctor as if he had just wiped his ass with a rabbit and then ate the rabbit. It takes a few moments for the ogre to react but when he does he has a grave look on his face. "Doc, Kilo no know all what you say just. It sound to Kilo like you give me less juice." The juicer wags a massive finger at the doctor. "I like you doc. You make juice run good for Kilo. Kilo even not want eat Doc cause Doc make good eats for Kilo." The ogre places a hand on Marcus's shoulder and looks him dead in the eyes and with no sense of a joke in his voice and says, "But Doc not make less Juice to Kilo. Kilo need juice. More, not less. Kilo know who he is and where he going." The ogre then returns a big grin to his face and says questioningly, "Doc help Kilo get bug claws and teeth?" and moves back to dismember more of the dead bugs.


A slight breeze whips thought the old city, carrying with it the scents of bug blood and that ozone stink of high energy fire. The good doctor looks at that massive finger as Kilo mentions the benefits to not eating one Marcus Angelo Sebastian Hawk. The conversation becomes a bit more serious once a paw the size of the good doctor chest covers his entire shoulder with a bit to spare. Meeting Kilos' eyes Marcus thinks he might finally understand why deer freeze on the road instead of getting out of the way. In that moment the good doctor thought he understood that Kilo was going to ride the Juice till its' last call, no conversations about Detoxing needed or wanted.

Marcus breaths a sigh of relief when Kilo grins again and asks for help collecting trophies. With a shrug Marcus pulls out his Vibro-knife and a scalpel saying, "Sure big guy, your body, your choice.". Marcus gets down to the work of quickly and expertly excising that sharp and pointy bits of the bugs for Kilo. Marcus and Kilo work for a minute or so before a grin violates the good doctors face and he says, "You know Kilo if we did install a monitoring system there is nothing that stops us from being able to turn the Juice UP.". With that Marcus starts humming a Pre-Rifts track that was banned in Chi-Town for having something to do with Necromancers. "I get knocked down, but I get up again, cause your never gone-na keep me down. I get knocked down, but I get up again, cause your never gone-na keep me down."


Skills used: (Not sure so I roll all the things. Skills cap at 98%. I just like seeing how high the numbers can go.)
Field Surgery--80%: 1d100:
62

Veterinary Science--100%: 1d100:
45

Entomological Medicine--115/75%: 1d100:
24
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Wed May 11, 2016 8:17 pm

Insect carapace crunches beneath Kilo's jaws. It has an excessively metallic taste. Certainly nothing like something that someone ought to be eating. It will probably occur to him that if he wasn't a juicer this would assuredly make even an ogre sick. But no, his chemically augmented stomach can handle it. Well, he hopes. He actually feels slightly queasy for about one or two microseconds before his bio-comp detects it and blasts some anti-nauseant into him and the feeling goes away just like that.

Hours feels uncomfortably like the faceted, dead eyes of the Grigleaper that hated him so much are staring at him.

Jason finds nothing out of the ordinary besides, well, the Templar are god knows where and there are probably bugs everywhere.

Rufus' effort is rewarded with a little clicking sound as he finds that the turret was simply jammed. All it took was a little prying and a little coaxing and it works again. The pod has taken major damage, however. It's still running and flying fine but there are deep grooves in the machine's armor plating from insect claws.

Dead quiet envelopes the Templar as they work, the wind picking up again and blowing a collection of leaves and dust across the train station where they defeated the small party of alien insects. Ahead of them, one can see that long tunnel that the Grigleapers came out of. Above a little embankment that the M113 can assuredly climb with a little effort the path leads on ahead to the heart of the city. It is Marcus that will notice a sign where some vegetation has been blasted away by the M113's rail gun.

MUSEUM OF INDUSTRY ->
OPEN MON-FRI, 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
TICKETS: $10 adults, $5 Children.

It seems to be due east of the party's position. Both the tunnel and what looks to be an ancient roadway lead away north towards the city center. The roadway is badly overgrown with foliage. The M113 can probably do it, but vehicles and that kind of thing under foot will make progress tricky. To the east is a smaller roadway but even from the air it vanishes into a concrete maze of ancient, but still standing buildings.

Three choices.

Where are the Templar going?
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Thu May 12, 2016 8:01 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 15:
12

JIC: 1d20:
19
/1d100:
56


After spending some time exploring their possibilities for continuing with the mission. “Alright, I think we've scouted out as far as we dare.” Hours treats Traveller to an apple from his saddle bag and himself to a bit of jerky. “Been awfully damn quiet since that bug attack.” he says rubbing the horses neck. His mind replays the events over again. “It all happened so far, damnedest thing I've ever seen. I'm sure I've heard of those things before...this is going to bug the hell out of me until I remember.” He would swear the horse gave him a dirty look. “No pun intended.” he says with a laugh.

Making his way back to the team, Hours rides out into the clear area of the rail station, tall in the saddle, surveying the damage done to the rest of the team from the fight. He can't help but look to Kilo first, there's just something about the big lug Hours likes, even if he is a D-bee. As he approaches Jason, he dismounts. Still holding the horses reins he reports, “It's very quiet out there again, like it was before we were jumped. There's what's left of a road heading north toward the city, but it'll be rough going for the vehicles, I think, and another one that heads east, looks like it goes into the city also, just a different part.” He glances over his shoulder and jerking a thumb towards the tunnel he adds, “Then there is that way.” to which he makes an unpleasant face.


Horsemanship: Cowboy 75%/59% - 1d100:
34
/1d100:
49

Lore: Demons & Monsters 40% - 1d100:
99
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Thu May 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 18:
16

JIC: 1d20:
3
1d100:
36


Kilo ends his conversation with the doctor quickly after he starts it, No need to wreck the friendship here but I want my commitment to this lifestyle clear to people who care like this. The ogre is happy to see the doctor doesn't get offended by his statement and even helps him collect trophies. Kilo is almost giddy when Marcus starts helping him with the dead bugs. The ogre starts out offering tips on how to get the teeth and claws out but soon sees how much better he is at it and just tries to mimic the doctor's techniques. Kilo gives Marcus a huge grin and says, "You get parts good Doc!!"

Doc wrote: "You know Kilo if we did install a monitoring system there is nothing that stops us from being able to turn the Juice UP.".


Back at this monitoring system hey? Well I'm sure he understands my point of view now, I guess its something we can try, as long as he knows I don't want anyone messing with my juice. A tingles slides through Kilo's body at the memory the drugs leave on his system. He recovers and says to Marcus, "Juice up, yes. But Kilo only control."

Doc wrote: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, cause your never gone-na keep me down. I get knocked down, but I get up again, cause your never gone-na keep me down."


Kilo doesn't really spend anytime on the decision making conversations. He takes every spare second he can to pull trophies from the bugs. Once the doctor starts singing the ogre smiles and claps or lightly taps his foot. Unfortunately, Kilo is void of any rhythm or beat and his additions to the music only serve to make it harder to sing. The large juicer does seem to be enjoying himself though.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Fri May 13, 2016 11:14 am

OOC: Hours, if you like, you can go ahead and notice the sign as well. Just to help speed things along. If you want to make a second post this week, go for it!
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Fri May 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 16:
14
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
11
/ 1d100:
31


Skills used:


Kilo wrote:Kilo gives Marcus a huge grin and says, "You get parts good Doc!!"


The good doctor gives Kilo a nod at the compliment of being able to "get parts good". "Anytime my large friend." Marcus replies with a bit of a rye note in his voice as he thinks, "Ten years of Coalition States medical education, ten years of practical work in that field, five years of d-bee studies with piratical field surgeries and now you have come into your own. Marcus Hawk, winner of the prestigious "Ogres' Trophy Harvesters Award for Excellence". I wonder if I should get myself a plaque just a merit badge for my doctors bag.. Marcus lets out a small chuckle at his own mental whimsy before thinking, "Well Kilo seem happy and that is a good thing, Quit roaming down memory lane old man and get back to it.".

Kilo wrote:
Doc wrote: "You know Kilo if we did install a monitoring system there is nothing that stops us from being able to turn the Juice UP.".


Back at this monitoring system hey? Well I'm sure he understands my point of view now, I guess its something we can try, as long as he knows I don't want anyone messing with my juice. A tingles slides through Kilo's body at the memory the drugs leave on his system. He recovers and says to Marcus, "Juice up, yes. But Kilo only control."


"Kilo only control, huh?" Thinks Marcus for a moment then runs back through the conversation in his head before thinking, "Oh, he thinks I want remote access and control over his juice. Well I guess that could be possible with a bit of reprogramming and a wireless connection to his Bio-comp. Not too bad of an idea really, I mean then if needed I could,,,,, No, no, no, get back on point and explain what you mean man, before Kilo thinks your a total control freak. I keep forgetting that not everyone fully understands the Jucier bio-comp system." "Kilo, my large friend what I meant was that the monitoring system is just to give me information on your condition so I could advise you. Most juicer rig bio-comps can be adjusted be the users. Most come with a few setting pre-programmed into them. A sleep mode that cuts back on the juice so you can rest up. A normal mode for day to day activities. A combat mode to keep you up and wired when you think combat is likely and want to be extra sharp. You are set on normal mode right now. That means your juice ramps up when the system detects the onset of alarm or danger but keeps you running normal when the danger is past. You can't stay in full combat mode all the time, you would burn though your juice and your life even faster then you are now.

Most of these function of your Bio-comp should have been explained to you by the Doc that installed your rig but I know some docs skip the full descriptions some times. When we get a bit more free time I'll run you though a longer course on what all options you can access with you Rig."


((OOC The info on the rig is pulled from "Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs" "A Juice's Tale". No game mechanics just flavor text RP fun))
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm

((Rolls held over))

While talking with Jason, Hours notices what's left of an ancient sign partially covered by the surround vegetation. "Oh!" He says to the team leader, "I may have another option." he quickly crosses the platform to the sign. "I hope this is still legible." he thinks to himself.

As he does, he gets a better look at Kilos armor, or what's left of it. "Boy, that armor sure took a beating, he looks fine. Crazy thing, those juicers."

Relieved he can make it out, he turns to Jason and says, "Museum of Industry. Looks like it's down that road heading east." He checks the sign again and with a smile he adds, "Anyone got the time? May be worth a look."
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Sat May 14, 2016 12:39 am

...rolls carried

Kilo listens to what the doctor has to say and makes up his mind that a monitor might be an ok idea. The ogre is about to say as much when the doctor says something that stops Kilo in his tracks,
Marcus wrote:Most of these function of your Bio-comp should have been explained to you by the Doc that installed your rig but I know some docs skip the full descriptions some times. When we get a bit more free time I'll run you though a longer course on what all options you can access with you Rig." [/b]


Kilo is instantly taken back to a facility and a table confining him and not allowing any movement. The thought brings on an intense anger in Kilo, an anger that used to end with him smashing everything in site. He had learned a bit of self control now and was able to focus all his anger on the bug skull he was holding. The juicer's massive hands squeezed intensely as the thoughts all came rushing out, "Kilo not choose be Juicer. Kilo taken and tied and cut and juice put in." A far away look accompanied the crushing motion of his hands, "Kilo wake up juiced and taught just kill. Kilo find them soon, and Kilo kill them all." At the last words Kilo applies more pressure to the skull in his hands and it shatters. The giant ogre's rage subsides and he looks down and finishes his rant, "No one ever be taken or tied. Kilo kill the ones that tie another." Kilo looks up after a moment of silence, surprised he had said the words outloud. Looking at the doctor the ogre quickly looks away almost embarrassed.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Sat May 14, 2016 6:11 am

Rolls held over...

Kilo wrote:Kilo is instantly taken back to a facility and a table confining him and not allowing any movement. The thought brings on an intense anger in Kilo, an anger that used to end with him smashing everything in site. He had learned a bit of self control now and was able to focus all his anger on the bug skull he was holding. The juicer's massive hands squeezed intensely as the thoughts all came rushing out, "Kilo not choose be Juicer. Kilo taken and tied and cut and juice put in." A far away look accompanied the crushing motion of his hands, "Kilo wake up juiced and taught just kill. Kilo find them soon, and Kilo kill them all." At the last words Kilo applies more pressure to the skull in his hands and it shatters. The giant ogre's rage subsides and he looks down and finishes his rant, "No one ever be taken or tied. Kilo kill the ones that tie another." Kilo looks up after a moment of silence, surprised he had said the words outloud. Looking at the doctor the ogre quickly looks away almost embarrassed.


Marcus goes still a he hears, "Kilo not choose be Juicer. Kilo taken and tied and cut and juice put in.". Unwilling experimentation on D-bees strikes far too close to home for the good doctor as that was what he did for the CS for more then a few years. All in the name of saving humanity and that damnably convincing propaganda machine the Coalition States employs on it's citizens. "Kilo wake up juiced and taught just kill. Kilo find them soon, and Kilo kill them all.". Marcus can't help but admit to himself that if it were just a few years ago, he would be kin to the people Kilo was rightfully out to get. The good doctor knows he can't make up for what he has done in his past but he is bound and determined to keep trying for the rest of his days.

Hearing the skull shatter in the large Ogres' hands, Marcus finishes up excising the last bug skull from its' body and stands up. "No one ever be taken or tied. Kilo kill the ones that tie another." Though Marcus winces at all the talk of killing but the good doctor has to admit that the Titanic Ogre does have at his core the heart of a Templar. Slowly rising up to be on a level with Kilo, Marcus says, "No one ever be taken or tied. And for those that would do so..." Marcus puts the severed head in Kilos' massive hand. "...there is the Templar. You have found the right team for your goals Kilo. With a bit of luck we'll even get payed for doing what we enjoy. Now lets go find this wayward employee and get back home for nice hot meal." Marcus almost pats the big guy on his shoulder but decides against it. Instead the good doctor rises up into the air just a bit to keep an eye out on the team.

Up in the air Marcus will keep Jason informed of anything odd he sees and ask, "Looks like three paths. What are your thoughts, Boss."
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Tue May 17, 2016 5:06 am

Perception: 1d20:
3

JIC:1d20:
17
/1d100:
69


Marcus wrote:Flicking on his radio Marcus will say, "Jason, the Templar all see good. More wear and tare to the gear then the personal. From a medical stand point we can roll out anytime."


Jason is relieved to hear Marcus's report. One less thing to worry about, Now how do we get out of here? Jason considers the options:
1. The tunnel is out due to having to leave the M113 behind and having the wrong weapons for that kind of battle, other than Kilo, of course.
2. The northern roadway. Rough going and possibly getting the M113 stuck.
3: The eastern roadway. Less obstructed, but greater chance of getting turned around.

Marcus wrote:Up in the air Marcus will keep Jason informed of anything odd he sees and ask, "Looks like three paths. What are your thoughts, Boss."


He concentrates on the photo/map trying to decide which route would be the best to get them to the library. He listens to Hours report carefully and looks back at the map.

"OK, Templar. Here's my take on this. As much as some of us" Jason makes a quick nod to Kilo. "enjoy squashing bugs. The rest of us aren't geared up for an underground fight. If we had more time and could scout the tunnels, it might be a viable route, but not today. The northern roadway is a bigger road, but so congested, we might have to leave the M113 or get it stuck which would cost us more time. The east roadway is smaller and shadowed by the buildings. That should keep the undergrowth to a minimum. The buildings look largely intact. We may even be able to cut through them. For example, an industrial museum probably houses large machinery and would have large hallways to move the exhibits through. The M113 could roll through those with little difficulty"

Jason looks towards the museum to see if there are any large access points on this side, wishing he had a combat engineer to help determine if the structure was safe.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue May 17, 2016 8:17 am

Perception: 1d20+1 = 21:
20

JIC: 1d20:
11
/1d100:
79

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
10
/1d100:
25


Conditions:
  • PPE: 177/224 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes: 1d100:
2
/89%

Stormbringer wrote:Rufus' effort is rewarded with a little clicking sound as he finds that the turret was simply jammed. All it took was a little prying and a little coaxing and it works again. The pod has taken major damage, however. It's still running and flying fine but there are deep grooves in the machine's armor plating from insect claws.


“Hey, my killer butt is working again…” Rufus chirps as the turret hums back to life. Flicking a bit of debris from under his claw he looks over the rest of the damage as well as he can. “At least we don’t have to add that to the repair list,” he sighs. “what I wouldn’t give for a good ‘repair hover pod’ scroll right now.”


Hours Williams wrote:Making his way back to the team, Hours rides out into the clear area of the rail station, tall in the saddle, surveying the damage done to the rest of the team from the fight. He can't help but look to Kilo first, there's just something about the big lug Hours likes, even if he is a D-bee. As he approaches Jason, he dismounts. Still holding the horses reins he reports, “It's very quiet out there again, like it was before we were jumped. There's what's left of a road heading north toward the city, but it'll be rough going for the vehicles, I think, and another one that heads east, looks like it goes into the city also, just a different part.” He glances over his shoulder and jerking a thumb towards the tunnel he adds, “Then there is that way.” to which he makes an unpleasant face.

While talking with Jason, Hours notices what's left of an ancient sign partially covered by the surround vegetation. "Oh!" He says to the team leader, "I may have another option." he quickly crosses the platform to the sign. "Museum of Industry. Looks like it's down that road heading east." He checks the sign again and with a smile he adds, "Anyone got the time? May be worth a look."


Rufus checks the watch Nakamura gave him to see how much time has elapsed. Or rather, how much time they still have before they have to return to the portal site.

“This says we’ve got roughly (OOC: whatever the time remaining) hours to find this guy and get back to the portal site,” he replies, “but I like his idea. If we’re really lucky we might could find some kind of construction equipment that’ll help us get through here…” he steals a glance at the various piles of greasy grimy Grigleaper guts and adds, “or a really big can of bug spray.”

Kilo wrote:
Doc wrote: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, cause your never gone-na keep me down. I get knocked down, but I get up again, cause your never gone-na keep me down."


Kilo doesn't really spend anytime on the decision making conversations. He takes every spare second he can to pull trophies from the bugs. Once the doctor starts singing the ogre smiles and claps or lightly taps his foot. Unfortunately, Kilo is void of any rhythm or beat and his additions to the music only serve to make it harder to sing. The large juicer does seem to be enjoying himself though.


Rufus can’t help but grin at Marcus’ singing and Kilo’s attempt at following along. True, the juiced ogre tends to act like a canine with his tail stuck in his loincloth quite a bit, but in a moment like this he seems… well, downright jolly. Maybe he just needed a good bitka to shake off the downtime blues, he reasons to himself. He should be as happy as a Kank in the deep forest out here, then.

Jason Long wrote:"OK, Templar. Here's my take on this. As much as some of us" Jason makes a quick nod to Kilo. "enjoy squashing bugs. The rest of us aren't geared up for an underground fight. If we had more time and could scout the tunnels, it might be a viable route, but not today. The northern roadway is a bigger road, but so congested, we might have to leave the M113 or get it stuck which would cost us more time. The east roadway is smaller and shadowed by the buildings. That should keep the undergrowth to a minimum. The buildings look largely intact. We may even be able to cut through them. For example, an industrial museum probably houses large machinery and would have large hallways to move the exhibits through. The M113 could roll through those with little difficulty."


“So we take the scenic route and hope for a shortcut? Sounds reasonable…” he muses. “I’ll take the high road with the good doctor and see if we can spot a safe path from the air.”

When the group moves out, he’ll go high with the pod (hopefully out of Grigleaper Grig-leaping range) and scout for open roads as well as potential dangers.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Thu May 19, 2016 11:33 pm

There is much to be decided in a very short time by the members of the Templar.

Where to go?

What to do?

Who's pants are they wearing?

Well, the third one is a non issue for Sifnos at least.

Morale at least is high with singing and almost-dancing being the order of the day. It has been some time since the group was tested in combat and so far, so good. They are rather on schedule as well, no more than a couple of hours since they took that lovely 'fuck cool wizard cool' portal to the city in the first place. Since then they've made some headway and covered about half the distance.

Or so Jason thinks.

Try as he might, he can't seem to find the map. It's not in his pocket, it's not in the APC. The more he looks the more he realizes he just doesn't have it. The wind is picking up as well and as he looks out of the APC a few forlorn leaves blow across in front of him and he realizes that he really doesn't have a clue where they are and without that map it's going to be incredibly difficult to continue.

Who had that thing last, anyway? When was the last time that anyone saw it?

Rufus' scouting goes well. It will be a bit difficult to nudge the APC over a few grades and ditches but they should be able to gain access to the road that leads to the museum fairly easily. The pavement is cracked and scarred in many places and in a couple others it seems to have been overgrown by moss but the path to what he thinks is the museum is relatively clear. A few semi trucks and other assorted debris to go around but they should be able to reach the building within half an hour at the most assuming that nothing goes wrong.

The building it an ancient and foreboding ferrocrete structure. It can sort of be seen from the ground but the flyers have the best view. It's not as large as people hoped. It seems to be one gigantic room with an ovular visitor's center, all smashed glass and exposed to the elements. From the air though, the main part of the building is intact with the doors chained. There is also a large garage style door that leads into the main 'rooms' of the museum proper. It looks rusted shut, bringing the tantalizing possibility of salvageable technology.

Hours, Kilo, and Marcus bring up point and everyone listens...

But for the moment, the only sounds are the M113's bass rumble and the lonely wind.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Tue May 24, 2016 2:50 pm

Perception: 1d20:
18

JIC: 1d20:
10
/1d100:
81


Map, map, where did I put that damn map..... Jason checks his pouches and the back of the APC. He then calls out to Kilo, "Kilo! Did you see what happened to the map? The picture you helped me figure out?"

Jason can't believe he can't find the fracking map. He's supposed to be the leader and he lost the damn thing? And now he's asking an ogre for help. God what a fracked up world I've fallen into. Please let me wake up and it's only an alien invasion. Jason gets momentarily distracted by his apparent mental degradation; first he can't read a simple photographic map and now he lost the map. Maybe that thing that messed with his head a couple months ago is having an effect. Jason makes a mental note to check with Marcus later.

If the map doesn't turn up, Jason asks Marcus and Rufus to get some altitude and see if they can spot the library from the air. He will suggest that they check out the museum. Jason remembers going to a museum when he was a kid and it had directions to all the other museums and libraries around it. So he will suggest a quick search of the building.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Rufus » Tue May 24, 2016 7:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 = 5:
4

JIC: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
97

'just in case' JIC: 1d20:
8
/1d100:
51


Conditions:
  • PPE: 177/224 at the start of this post
  • XM-50 Medical Pod Main Body MDC: 72/140 at the start of this post
  • NG-45LP: 4/8 shots in current e-clip, 3 full spare e-clips remaining

Pilot Hovercycles, Skycycles & Rocket Bikes: 1d100:
4
/89%

Stormbringer wrote:Who's pants are they wearing?


Well, if Rufus can't find an 'escape hatch' for his bushy red tail then he's pretty sure he's got THE WRONG TROUSERS!

Image

Stormbringer wrote:They are rather on schedule as well, no more than a couple of hours since they took that lovely 'fuck cool wizard cool' portal to the city in the first place. Since then they've made some headway and covered about half the distance.


Rufus nods as he checks his watch. "Not bad -- we've killed some bugs, uprooted a big tree, and made a tremendous amount of noise. All in roughly two hours. At this rate, we should have no problem ringing the dinner bell for every single Grigleaper in the Denver area before the portal opens back up." He looks over to Jason to relay the time update only to hear...

Jason Long wrote:"Kilo! Did you see what happened to the map? The picture you helped me figure out?"


His eyes open wide, Rufus can scarcely believe his pointed ears. "Uhm... don't we sort of need that? You know, as in 'find our way in and out of this bug-infested city before we become Grigleaper scat' sort of need that?" He throws a quizzical look to Marcus as he floats down closer to ground level to assist in the search. Knowing our luck, even if we do find the map it'll be underneath one of these carcasses covered in greasy grimy Griggy guts...

Once the map has been found (or the search abandoned) Rufus will go back to scouting the way to the museum. Hopefully we can find additional maps in the museum -- surely that of all places will have more information about the city itself. He'll point out the safest/easiest paths for the APC and keep an eye out for likely trouble spots.

The building it an ancient and foreboding ferrocrete structure. It can sort of be seen from the ground but the flyers have the best view. It's not as large as people hoped. It seems to be one gigantic room with an ovular visitor's center, all smashed glass and exposed to the elements. From the air though, the main part of the building is intact with the doors chained. There is also a large garage style door that leads into the main 'rooms' of the museum proper. It looks rusted shut, bringing the tantalizing possibility of salvageable technology.


Rufus keys his comlink. "Boss, I dunno about using this building as a shortcut but it looks pretty well secured for the most part. Chains on the doors to the main building and a larger roll-up door that looks large enough for the APC. Doesn't look like anything that our resident bug-stomper can't muscle open. Doc, you want one of us to keep watch up top while the other helps look for goodies -- and a spare map?"

Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
69
/67%

If Marcus wants to help search the building, he'll keep watch (though not very patiently, hating the idea of missing out on finding something fascinating). If, however, Marcus agrees to keep watch he'll eagerly set the pod down next to the APC and fan out with the others looking to see what they can find (casting Lantern Light as needed if the interior is too dark). He'll first and foremost look for anything that resembles a map of the city but also for any bits of interesting tech that looks like it could possibly be brought back to working condition.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, but rather the size of the fight in the dog.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!
User avatar
Rufus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 8:03 pm
Location: Rifts Merctown: The Templar

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Marcus » Wed May 25, 2016 7:17 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 8:
6
+2 if medical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
19
/ 1d100:
72


Skills used:
Radio: Basic--85% Roll: 1d100:
99


Rufus wrote:Rufus keys his comlink. "Boss, I dunno about using this building as a shortcut but it looks pretty well secured for the most part. Chains on the doors to the main building and a larger roll-up door that looks large enough for the APC. Doesn't look like anything that our resident bug-stomper can't muscle open. Doc, you want one of us to keep watch up top while the other helps look for goodies -- and a spare map?"


"Head on in if you want, I'll take over-watch. Scavenge up any odd medical bit you happen to see and I'll look them over later." With that Marcus rises high up to get a batter over view of the area.
"Look for the good in all you see, hear the Best from all you meet, and learn from those willing to teach." The total wisdom I've gathered so-far.
Marcus
MDC: 1,383/1,383
Life-force Adapter: 60/60 PPE
Force Field: 75/75 (not on)
User avatar
Marcus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: Rifts PC (Rift Runners)

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Wed May 25, 2016 8:37 am

Perception: 1d20:
5

JIC: 1d20:
19
1d100:
51


Kilo, starting to get impatient at the lack of movement starts angrily breaking off pieces of the bugs for his collection.

Jason Long wrote: "Kilo! Did you see what happened to the map? The picture you helped me figure out?"


Looking up at Jason Kilo drops the bug skull he was currently holding to say, "Kilo not know. Thought gave back Boss"

What the hell did I do with that map? I thought we were looking at it together the last time I saw it. I'm sure I gave it to him to point out how he was looking at it wrong. The ogre takes a couple seconds to look through his stuff for it. If he can't find it he will shrug his shoulders and get back to work on the bugs. How important can the map be? We'll find our way back soon enough and we should have made enough noise for this person we are trying to find to hear.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Hours Williams » Sat May 28, 2016 1:04 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 22:
19

JIC: 1d20:
5
/1d100:
97



Once the next move is decided and feeling a little dejected, Hours rechecks Traveller and his tack, stretches and mounts up. He is just getting ready to move out when he hears...

Jason Long wrote:"Kilo! Did you see what happened to the map? The picture you helped me figure out?"


“Ah crap, that's going to make things a bit harder.” he thinks to himself. The cowboy quietly turns his mount and heads away from the group, as he passes Kilo and says, “Hey Dirk HardPec, How about taking a look under your collection, maybe one of them has the map.” With a wink, he takes Traveller along the edge of the open area down wind of the team to see if the map has been blown away during the fighting.


Whatever becomes of the map, Hours eventually takes up the ground part of the scouting mission to the museum. Once there he will scout out the perimeter, checking both the building of interest and the others close by. He pays particular attention to the broken windows and doors and eyes up the chains. “Are those new?”
The Dashing Cowboy

HP: 24/24
S.D.C.: 33/33
I.S.P.: 36/66

Armor: "Range Rider"
M.D.C. by Location
• Hat: 10
• Arms: 12 each
• Legs: 15 each
• Main Body: 30 -20 damage
Modifiers: none

Weapons:
(2).45 Revolvers - 6/6 -- 6/6
Big Bore "BB-6" Revolver - 6/6
Wilk's 147 Sharp Shooter - 20/20

Constant Active:
Energy Conversion
Psychic Weapons: (2) Remington .45 Sixth Sense (2)
User avatar
Hours Williams
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:42 am
Location: Dorset United Kingdom

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Sifnos » Sat May 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Perception 1d20:
18

Jic 1d20:
8
/ 1d20:
17

JIC 1d100:
43
/ 1d100:
14


Sifnos hangs 3 of the carapaces on the APC outer hull to drain and dry..
He gets cleaned up and then starts up the APC, positions it so he can go down any of the 3 paths. Once he gets there he checks radar and radio for anything unusual and waits for confirmation of a direction to head.
Pilot APC 65% 1d100:
69
fail
Pilot APC 65% 1d100:
15
Pass
Read sensory equipment 67% 1d100:
53
Pass
Sifnos
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Stormbringer » Mon May 30, 2016 8:37 am

Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDgl4VqWwj4 -- Meant to evoke the splendor and squalor of a ruined city; an abandoned place where millions once lived. Now just debris.

Image

Things are not going as planned for the Templar, that much is without doubt. Things are not /horrible/ at the moment but even still there are things to be concerned about. For one, it's been several minutes since the bug attack and the party has not yet gotten moving. This is primarily because of the little matter of the missing map.

Jason looks for it. He checks one pocket, then the other. Then another. Then the inside of the armored personnel carrier. Nothing. Well, not quite nothing. He finds some pocket lint that looks like it might be incredibly valuable and a candy wrapper from another time and another world. He hasn't seen this sort of thing since people were flying veritechs all around him. Who knew he'd been carrying that in that pocket the entire time? But this isn't helpful. It's not a map.

Rufus drops altitude to have a look but he can't find anything other than cracks in the ancient asphalt. He gives it up a little earlier before everyone else because he's bright enough to know he's getting nowhere and heads to the museum. As far as he can tell, nothing has come in or out of it in 200 years. The building is in remarkably good shape. The chains that hold the doors have been chained from the outside and the garage door doesn't seem like it wants to budge if it's tried. Not for him anyway. He tries it when Marcus suggests it, but nope. The chains are clearly heavy duty as well (Read: MDC) and the rings are over an inch thick.

Marcus doesn't notice any movement from the air or anything like that, but he can see in the windows and there isn't any movement from the ancient building. In fact, he can see a layer of dust on the floor that looks about six inches thick. No bugs coming either that he can see but that doesn't mean they aren't coming. The last batch exploded out of nowhere, so.

Kilo looks for the map. Everywhere. He has a vague memory of seeing it at first but it's hard to tell because the haze of the adrenaline and drugs are still wearing off. Then suddenly the memory hits him. Kilo like to look maps and beat shit. or was it Kilo like to look maps and kill things. He remembers saying that. So he must have looked at the map but fuck him, for his life he can't remember what he did with it. Now, there aren't any buggy things to kill right now so. . . Kilo can see where Rufus is poking around the entrance to the building and the chains. He's sure he can either smash through the garage door -- hell, Jason can see that the M113 can probably drive through it -- or Kilo can probably more quietly snap the chains so the people doors can be opened.

Hours meanders here and there. The psi-slinger has a good eye for detail and is a remarkably good scout. It comes from living your life on the trail afterall, you learn to notice small details. Things that are out of place. Thinking, he wanders with his horse in the direction the wind goes and he's rewarded. It hasn't gone far. In fact, he can see plainly what has happened. There are tracks belonging to the APC and then Kilo's big bootprints. This must be where the map was handed off. Kilo's strides after that become much bigger as he launched himself into combat. Some thirty feet away from there, backtracking several times he finds it. The map. Well, what used to be the map. its' been stepped on, bug gutted on, and worse it's gotten wet as it landed in some damp foliage. It is massively damaged, smeared and stained. If it was an actual map it'd probably be easier but as this was a bad photocopy of a bad photo... (Any attempt to use this map again will be -50%. It was going to have been gone forever but Hours rocked his perception roll)

Sifnos is having some difficulty. He is able to get the carapaces hung to dry without problems and it gives the APC a kind of badass mad max sort of look with those hanging off of it like that. But the APC seems to be resisting him slightly, not wanting to go into gear. Eventually he gets it up the embankment and parks it in the parking lot of the ancient museum. He can't tell if it's an issue with the machine or his driving. Once he gets it going though everything seems to be fine.

Templar... What are you doing?
Stormbringer
 

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Kilo » Mon May 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Perception:1d20+2 = 17:
15

JIC: 1d20:
2
1d100:
80



Once the map is found Kilo lowers his head and looks at Jason almost turning read. Why the hell didn't I give that map back? I should have known better than to step in where I'm not needed. Just stick to killing juicer. Looking to the Jason Kilo says, "Sorry boss. Kilo not good for keeping small important things."

Taking the opportunity to change the subject as quickly as possible, the ogre adds, "Kilo break chains boss?"After a quick moment he adds, "After people look for titty trap first." (Another fine Kilo quote. 25 XP -SB)

If Jason gives the go ahead and someone looks over the door for traps, Kilo will walk up and pull the chains off the door. He will do his best to not break the door handles or door. The ogre will then stand back and wait for Jason to give the order to move into the building.
Kilo

OOC Comments
Personal H.P.: 325/325
Personal S.D.C.: 1285/1285
Titan Plate Armor:
Helmet: 70/70
Arms: 80/80 each
Legs: 100/100 each
M.B.: 195/195
NF50A Super Heavy Force Field, (built in)
160/160
Six Hours per Eclip

MDC Clubs 6D6 MD
MDC Pickaxe 2D6+6D6 MD
Constant Effects: Personal HF 10, Night-vision (40ft), Impervious to pain
User avatar
Kilo
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:03 pm
Location: Templars - PC

Re: The Crawling City

Postby Jason Long » Mon May 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d20:
20

JIC: 1d20:
9
/1d100:
15


Jason takes the remains of the 'map' from Hours. Shit. Jason curses under his breath. "Anyone have a way to fix this?" Jason looks at the others, fully expecting the answer to be "no". "Right, then lets check out this building for any information or gear we can use then be on our way. "

Jason looks carefully at the doors. Checking to see if anything looks out of place, like locks or chains that are noticeably newer or signs of booby traps. Now if I were going to trap this place, how would I do it. He also looks through the glass to see if there are signs of a giant bug nest.

((Intelligence--75% / 1d100:
52
% ))
If Jason doesn't see anything, he asks Kilo to try to break the chain; figuring that would be quieter than breaking the glass and leave them an intact door to close behind them.
Jason Long

OOC Comments
HP: 21/21
SDC: 52/52
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
Modifiers: -10% to Prowl, Climb, Swim, or perform Acrobatics and similar physical skills
User avatar
Jason Long
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Charlotte, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Adventure Archives: The Templars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest