MONTAGE!

Moderator: Augur

MONTAGE!

Postby Tyrannosapiens Rex » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Always fade out in a montage
If you fade out, it seem like more time
Has passed in a montage
Montage
Of all the things encountered in the Megaverse, the most vile and evil are not the demons, or Alien Intelligences. No, even the Old Ones pale in vileness to the Human Tyrant King. For, only he treats his own kind, every day of his life, with the kind of careless attitude the Old Ones treated the so-called lesser races.
Tyrannosapiens Rex
Game Master

Re: MONTAGE!

Postby Daphne » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:42 pm

Daphne is actually very surprised at how much time her new friends give her once they arrive in MercTown. Though it doesn’t seem to be an issue as Daphne feels like she’s in over her head with work as it is. Her days revolve around being elbow deep in the guts of her robot creation, trying her hardest to bring the robot up to it’s fullest potential. This is punctuated by food, sleep and the occasional random day off to check her schematics and such. Daphne’s days are punishingly long as she tries and tries again to mount armor plates and weapon systems to the frame of her robot. Daphne likely can be found screaming once and awhile, because she has to pull some random system out to fix or reconfigure for a new purpose, or some item she purchased wasn’t up to specs. Every so often Daphne will approach Samantha and ask for either her help or advice on some situation.Once Daphne has run out of personal projects, she takes some time to herself, visiting the Arena to watch the fights, and generally sticking around the compound.

OOC Comments
I have a long list of Tinker's Thread stuff for this post, I just need to know what I was able to purchase first. As soon as I know this I'll throw that up as well.
Daphne
Daphne "The Phoenix" Ross.
P.P.E.: 6/6
H.P.: 28/28
S.D.C.: 43/43
Equipment
NG RA20 Roadrunner Ride Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Head/Helmet: 35/35, Left Arm: 20/20, Right Arm: 20/20, Left Leg: 11/11, Right Leg: 11/11 each, Main Body 32/32 (+10 to the chest and neck area).
NG-33 Laser Pistol Block II (Underarm Holster)
• Payload: 20/20
• Extra Ammo: 3/3 E-clips.
NG-B10 Bangstick (Clipped to belt)
• Payload: 1/1 Shot.
• Extra Ammo: 0

Under Construction RCV
• **Head: 75/75
• Right Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Left Shoulder Hard Point: 50/50
• Chest Hard Point: 50/50
• Waist Hard Point: 50/50
• *Sensor Turret (left shoulder): 50/50
• Right Arm: 70/100
• Left Arm: 5/100
• *Left Hand: 50/50
• *Right Hand: 50/50
• Left Leg: 100/100
• Right Leg: 100/100
• Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment: 100/100
• ***Main Body: 58/200
Daphne
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Beckett » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:18 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 3:

JiC d20 | d100: 1d20:
| 1d100:

"Lt. Fuller," Samantha speaks up in front of the group. "You are right, there are some debts that need to be settled up on." Samantha pulls out her secure cred-stick. "So how do we go about settling what we need to settle?"

Fuller responds, "Come by my office, we can settle up there." He waves the team off, and turns around to get going back to his office.

Turning to the rest of the group, "Alright team." She starts off. "Let's meet up at the Ambassador Hotel this afternoon. We can formulate our next plans then."

Later, Samantha and Fuller are back at his office, one MercTown Plaza. "Okay Fuller, let's get this wrapped up. We completed our capture of the fugitives, and turned them into the Warlock Marines. I have digital proof, and signed statements." She places a data disk on the table. "I believe you owe us some financial reward."

Fuller smiles, "I guess I do." He places his hand on the desk, and pulls the data disk across the table to him. He eyes her for any ounce of deception or insincerity. "Alright Miss Beckett, let's get on with this..."

For the next short while Samantha and Fuller hash out the numbers, review the disk, verify the bounties, and produce funds. Samantha then goes through his datapack on who stole the finances from the MercTown State Bank, and to pay the back taxes on the MARS headquarters. "I think our business is concluded Miss Beckett, may you find out who stole from you. And have mercy on their souls."

"It's been a pleasure Fuller," Samantha stands up. "I did bring you back something from our trip." Out of her pack she pulls out a bottle of wine. The bottle has a slight bluish glow to it as she sets it down on the table. "Ice Wine, from New Niflheim. When we get settled back in, come by, I have a full case for you."

Back at the Ambassador Hotel, Samantha called the rest of the team to her Hotel Room. "Okay, so Fuller provided some additional information about what happened to the group funds and our base, also our payment on the bounties we collected."

"I am renting a room here," She waves her hand about the fairly large suite she had rented. "We are welcome to meet here, till we can get our base back up and running. But in the meantime I have some pay!" She hands each person around the table an unsecure NGMI bank card with 100,000 NGMI on it. (T-Rex do you want to add this to everyone's sheet? Or shall I?)

Pulling out a bottle of ice wine, she pours a glass for everyone. "Welcome back to MercTown boys and girls." Lifting her glass up she toasts the members of MercTown Armored Recon Services.

While folks are milling about, she pulls Pieter aside. "We need to check out the grounds in the morning. Figure out what happened, and talk to the Security Services. Cole had locked that place down, and we paid for an annual contract with them. Anything taken, they should know who and when."

*** MONTAGE ***

For the first two weeks that Samantha is back in MercTown, she goes through the motions of making sure everything is set. She vets and verifies that the team base is safe, secure, that the security is present and on top of things. She reviews all the footage if something was stolen, and dives through all the log files of the security system. She meets with the accountant and verifies with him, to make sure he is paid on an annual basis; since mercenaries tend to be out of town for quite some time, and when they come back they usually have a boon or bust. During this time, she will also spend some of her time setting up meetings with Proconsul Kentek Drago, and provide him 5 cases of Ice Wine from the teams store.
Notes
Skills to identify where PAS/MARS Assets have been taken, pay off debts, dealing with the accountant (if one isn't secured, she will hire a forensic accountant), security folks, and all the odds and ends needed.
Computer Operation -- 1d100:
/ 116%
Computer Programming -- 1d100:
/ 93%
Mathematics: Basic -- 1d100:
/ 121%
Mathematics: Advanced -- 1d100:
/ 98%
Barter -- 1d100:
/ 61%
Military: Etiquette -- 1d100:
/ 90% (to deal with bureaucracy albeit at a disadvantage)

After the base is secure, she brings in the barge and its contents from the secure MercTown vehicle storage facility. The massive floating boat was a tricky undertaking to bring into the warehouse, but with some effort, she was able to maneuver it into their base. Sam took the massive work project of moving the storage container and ship as a personal project. After getting additional security placed on the Cargo Container full of their goods from Phase World, Samantha starts work on her first project making the Glitterboy perfect for Beanpole.
Priority of Work
  • Fix the Glitterboy Leg
  • Integrate Grav Pack Parts
      This will either do one of the following (or possibly both):
    • Reduce the recoil of the Boom Gun
    • Allow the Glitterboy to Fly
  • Magnetic Interface Locking System (MILS)
      Forearms, Hips, Thighs, Back
  • Instillation of Shield using MILS

Once the Glitterboy has been completed, Samantha will take some time off from her standard build project, and focus next on the Facilities. Most of the renovations Cole had already pursued with the Iron Fist Systems. But they were modular, for the large structure, she wanted something a bit more permanent; an underground storage facility, that doubles up as a panic room, armory, and wine cellar.

As soon as the facilities is functional, she starts to work on reskinning and re-engineering the Kittani Fighter. Going over every single system within the fighter, making sure that there isn't a homing beacon, tracking device, or any emitting signal. The work is grueling, and Samantha will take the help of any that will offer it, knowing full well that this piece of combat hardware is an alien nightmare.
Notes
When Samantha is done with the fighter it will look similar to this: Fighter / Mecha
    Priority of Work
  • Remove any tracking beacons, sensors, even IFF signatures (the latter keep on file in case we need to mimic it)
  • Remove Armor Plating and Weapon Systems
      Reconfigure Superstructure for new look to transformable and fighter modes:
    • Adjust Arm Configuration
    • Adjust Leg Configuration
  • Reconfigure cockpit interface and language
  • Replace Armor Plating and Weapon Systems
Skills of Note:
Mecha Engineering -- 5d100:
78, 45, 26, 28, 20
/ 119% (95%+24%)
Mechanical Engineer -- 5d100:
32, 7, 97, 10, 90
/ 114% (90%+24%)
Basic Electronics -- 5d100:
31, 91, 27, 6, 53
/ 99% (75%+24%)
Robot Electronics -- 5d100:
45, 10, 49, 54, 3
/ 114% (90%+24%)
Computer Programming -- 5d100:
15, 90, 27, 68, 21
/ 117% (93%+24%)
Robotechnology Engineering -- 5d100:
81, 29, 21, 80, 58
/ 114% (90%+24%)
Artificial Intelligence -- 5d100:
77, 1, 88, 80, 63
/ 86% (62+24%)
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Pieter Dravnos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Perception: 1d20+6 = 22:
+3=25 (vs Magic/tech/both)
JIC: 1d20:
,1d100:

Some people take bad news very poorly. Others, not so much. After everything else, this absurdity, and that was the best word for it, is just too much for Pieter to respond to, so he instead drops into triage mode. "Alright, we'll pull logs, contact the accountant, get the contract for security forces and see if we're due a claim or not. Rocky, can you interview the security folks, find out the who's and what's and when's. I figure you can cut through the crap faster than anyone else. After you go see your girl, of course. It can wait till tomorrow. Until we get the security situation handled, we'll continue with the same command structure. Just simpler until we know what's happened. We can have a new board meeting afterwards. Also, I need everyone for a few minutes so I can change the locks. Samantha, we'll need you as well for that since Thoar is gone. Once that's done, and we've got everything locked up, you all can consider yourselves free for the day, but I need all hands on deck by 0900 tomorrow. I want to know who walked out with several million in company funds. Sam, we're back in civie mode, so you have final authority for pretty much everything. I'll handle what you don't want to, but some of it will require you. I'll let you handle the banks. From now on, I want major pulls to be made only with a third party present, like the lawyer or the accountant. This is why I wanted everything out of that quasi-legal status we were in. Bastards thought they got one over on us, but they are going to be very mistaken."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Montage:
Pieter spends the first few weeks working on recovering their stuff, working things out with the lawyers, etc. He also does several interviews with Warhawk.

"I'm Heather Whatley and we're here today with Pieter Dravnos, formerly of Paragon Acquisition Services, and now the commanding officer of the MercTown Armored Reconnaissance Service. We're happy to have you here today Mr. Dravnos."

"Glad to be back in MercTown Ms. Whatley. We've been offworld for a while, and it's good to be back."

"Oh, and where have you been recently Mr. Dravnos?"

"Well first, we were pursuing a bounty the Defenders put out to recover a bunch of MercTown citizens from a slaving operation on a world called Inculta. You may remember the Greenskins? All happened around the same time as the Swap Meet debacle. Anyway, the Greenskins had been capturing and selling people to demons and deevils without realizing it. After we took down their leadership a bit, and thinned their ranks, we moved on to their buyers. And by we, I mean Paragon Acquisition Services. Only when we breached did we realize just what was happening. We followed them and ended up on the desert world of Inculta. We rescued the surviving citizens in the middle of a battle between the deevils and demons. We got more than we expected to find out. I tell you, that was a harrowing experience. If I never fight another demon or deevil again in my life, I will be a happy guy. Anyway, we got a lot of folks home, despite how bad it was there."

"So what did you do when you got back? And where did you go from there? I remember an influx of refugees rescued by deevils the Defenders, specifically Lt. Fuller, gave a brief news conference about. He did mention Paragon Acquisitions as the parties responsible. But no one really heard from Paragon Acquisitions after that."

"Partly because the operation revealed a few things we needed to work out. Define roles and responsibilities better. Figure out how to split up pay for everyone better. That sort of thing. So we sat everyone down, with our lawyer, Charles Brewster, and hashed out a new structure. Kat Porter, who'd been with us since the beginning, and was unfortunately at the center of all the mess with the Swap Meet, left the company at that time to spend time with family. I could certainly understand needing to take some time out. Kat is hell of an operator, despite her youth, but we often forget that it takes a toll on us all. Anyway, we basically scrapped P-A-S entirely, formed a holding company and a new mercenary company within that entirely. That's MercTown Armored Reconnaissance Service, or Mars, for short. Due to a lot of personnel and capability changes, we also changed the focus of our work. We could realistically do recon work for larger merc forces, or work as hard hitting trouble shooters for smaller jobs. It opens up a lot of tactical flexibility."

"Some might argue you simply wanted away from the name of Paragon Acquisitions due to the bad press you were getting."

"I won't pretend that didn't factor into the name decision. I mean, it has to. But we weren't running or hiding from anything. Our holding company is still Paragon Acquisition and Holding Service, Incorporated. We're not hiding from anything, but we did want to put the operations end of the business more towards what we were in a position to do, operationally speaking. One of the services we offer is bounty hunting for legitimate law enforcement agencies. Nothing questionable, but some people just need caught or killed, depending on the bounty. Well we got one for a band of dimensional raiders who kidnapped a kid to sacrifice. Followed them to some place in another dimension. We tend not to blanch at that sort of thing. Dimensional Travel is just another type of travel after all. Ended up on the beautiful world of New Niflheim.Cold, but beautiful." A picture of the world flashes, with the name on the lower third.
New Niflheim

"It's a colony settled by largely elves, humans, and dwarves, but originally inhabited by the Blucie. They managed to nuke their planet out from under each other, and existed as nature loving mystics in the low lands and hills, or tech-scavenging marauders in the mountains. The more open plains they more or less abandoned, and it was there that the colony was mostly set up, or in the mountains. We ended up taking a side contract while there to cover expenses and provide us with a vehicle and the authority to pursue our targets while on world. We did eventually find them, only to realize their purpose was to literally destroy some of the boundaries that hold back the Demons and Deevils from invading each others realms. And in the process, it was supposed to unleash something the locals, and our on staff magic expert, Thoar Darksbane, called the Ragnarok. Basically another apocalypse, but this one spanning hundreds of dimensions, including our Earth. Needless to say this didn't happen."

"Yes, you provided video proof for the bounties, as well as a testimonial from the Administrator of the colony, a Lord Brandt. Could you set this up for our viewers?"

"Absolutely Ms. Whatley. In the lead up to this, we asked the Administrator to describe both the scope of what we were hired to do, and what we managed to accomplish, as well as his honest review of our service and customer service. This was his response." The video clip plays, in it Lord Brandt effectively cites the quick actions of Mars and the Evocatus Cohort mercenary company they were supporting, as basically stopping the end of time itself. He also gives examples of how easy to work with the company was, and how economical they were as a heavy scouting unit.

"Quite riveting stuff there. This of course leads us to now. So what do you say to critics who say that Mars is just P-A-S with a coat of paint? Your company was involved with some pretty horrific stuff in the Swap Meet."

Pieter's face, which had been open and expressive, hardens a bit at this, but his tone is neutral and controlled. Still he adopts a conciliatory face as he speaks. "I would first counter that only due to our quick actions, those of the soldiers from the Coalition Embassy, and those of the Defenders was the carnage as minimal as it was. I watched a friend of mine literally smother explosives with a psychic force field. I admit it was not a wise choice to sell the armor in that venue. Honestly, I didn't know Ms. Porter meant to sell it there. But in fairness, I've seen other power armor sold in that very place before. Had I been setting it up, we'd have a much more private viewing. But Ms. Porter went with what she knew. No one expected the feeding frenzy, or the attacks that went along with it. Anyone who says they could have foreseen those events is either lying, delusional, or trying to sell something - probably their services." His face softens a bit as he gets through that.

He continues after a steadying breath. "That said, I would respond that there is literally nothing the same. Of that crew, only I remain. And I was well away from the Swap Meet at the start of it, and I was definitely involved in tracking down the assailants. They had mounted missile launchers in trashcans in the back of trucks. That takes planning and forethought. They intended to strike wherever the sale happened. And obviously civilian casualties didn't bother the real perpetrators like it did us or those experiencing that carnage. Further, that sort of behavior is much more regulated now. We use more traditional salvage deals from reputable companies like Northern Gun. We now operate out of a facility on the outskirts. We've donated to the victim funds and intend to do so again, but the fact is we, and Ms. Porter, are being vilified for what amounts to an active plot by an organization or organizations that who intended to bring us harm. We regret the loss of life deeply. In fact people retired over that, and we drove ourselves to exhaustion to chase down leads after that. But Mars is not the same as P-A-S, and even if it were, that does not give people the right to crucify us for the actions of others which we tried to stop. I'm sure some will disagree with me, and that is fine. " His face shows no sign of retreat, although his expressions are pained as he speaks of those tragically affected by the events of that day.

Heather gives an understanding nod as she speaks. "I can see you feel very strongly about this Mr. Dravnos. And let me say if no one else has, thank you for the lives you did save. We don't often think about that when faced with a tragedy like that, but the simple fact is the damage could have been much worse. We notice the failures, but we forget those who survived thanks to quick actions of heroes like the Defenders, and your company, whatever other factors might be involved."

"For all we did, and didn't, do, I can't say enough good about the MercTown Defenders. Like the conscientious professionals they are, they mobilized quickly and effectively. In fact they ended up coordinating some of our efforts due to their more established command and control, at least in the immediate aftermath. It's easy to forget how much they do for us each and every day."

"On that I'm sure all our viewers can agree. In fact it is reassuring at how closely you've worked with them to extend their reach onto other worlds! Too often the rifts that permeate our world allow criminals to escape justice. It is good to see there are companies willing to stand up and say no to such activities."

"Oh it's our privilege and honor to do so. We put MercTown in our new company name so we would always remember where we are from, what we hope to return to, and whose safety means everything to us. From the mistakes and successes of the past, we move forward with measured and mature responsibility."

"Thank you again for coming Mr. Dravnos. You can find more information about the MercTown Armored Reconnaissance Service in the show notes of this episode, or you can check Merc Ops for their listing for rates and a menu of services."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Some weeks later, as things are winding down, Pieter realizes he is bone tired. The aftermath of the interview, was mixed, of course. Some screamed louder, others adopted a more moderated tone, and some religious and scholarly types got literal days of exposition and explanation of the Ragnarok legends, as well as evaluations of deevils and demons, and their eternal fight. He'd done a select few follow up interviews, but none as expansive or in depth as that one for the Warhawk. Of course he'd gone over the details with their lawyer first, to ensure he wouldn't put them on the hook for damages. In fact by citing the Defenders, he neatly avoided concerns of overreach and questions of authority.

The donation they would give to the fund wasn't large itself, but that's because they used it to host a wine tasting and charity benefit, though they hired a professional event planning team and PR service for that, at Mr. Brewster's insistence. This had the dual benefit of introducing the wealthy citizens of Merctown to New Niflheim Ice Wine and by donating a portion of all sales, and all donations, they managed to raise money for a range of charities, including a health clinic, reparations for the victims of the attack, and food and operating capital for various food banks, as well as hiring them security to make sure it got distributed fairly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

But as they got done with those tasks, Pieter realized he'd spent literally a couple months back, and had yet to step into the workshop. His notebooks were overflowing with ideas, but he hadn't worked on any of them. For someone so entranced by the process of creation, this was a chilling thought. Sam, of course, had managed to avoid this trap, and had made progress on a variety of projects. Pieter's work area, however, was covered in the dust of disuse. And he'd learned that they really needed someone to handle the day to day details. He'd been interviewing business managers and support staff, but he'd yet to find one he trusted. And they were due to head out again soon. And where that had once been as exciting as creation of new items, it simply made him hurt to his core. So it was, one night over some ice wine he'd saved for himself, that he came to a decision. The next morning, he called Sam into the management office. "I know we discussed getting a manager for the holding company and to cover fires here while we're out. I wanted to let you know I found a candidate with the right experience, and more importantly that I know we can trust."

He lets it hang there for a few moments until her look demands an answer. "Me," he says simply. "I'm tired Sam. Like soul tired. And I don't mean from the recovery operations. I mean from the shit at the Swap Meet, from the brutality of the deevil camp. I was ready to harm people who didn't submit to a fucking mind reading. I more or less enjoyed our time on New Niflheim, except for the fight to save reality part. But more to the point, I haven't set foot in my shop since we've been back." He let that sink in as well. She, like himself, loved the process of creation and maintenance. Not being involved in it was an anathema to them both. "I need a break from operations. So what I propose is you cash me out of the holding company and company, and then hire me on as the manager. I can't be an owner and a manager effectively. So I'll need to separate my share from the company. As part of it, I'd like Rudd's ATV. It's just collecting dust, and let's face it, it's not really worth anything to our operational structure now. And some gems and metals from our stash so I can make some personal items as gifts and to sell. I'll still do TW mods for the group at cost plus fifteen percent labor, but my main purpose would be that manager position we set down. As manager I'll have full access to everything, as long as Mr. Brewster is my witness, so I can ensure nothing like this happens again." he sighs. "I just need to rest, and that means no operations for now. Thoughts?"
Pieter "Bossman" Dravnos
Personal Info
MA: 16:
PB: 13
    Charm/Impress vs everyone: 20%
    Invoke Trust/Intimidate vs everyone else: 40%
    Invoke Trust/Intimidate vs military or paramilitary type forces: 45%
PPE: 124 (See sheet for current state)
PPE (Tear of Hecate): 100 (See sheet for current state)
ISP: 45 (See sheet for current state)
HP: 43 (See sheet for current state)
SDC: 24 (See sheet for current state)

Perception: +6 (+9 vs. Machines, Magic, or their combination)
APM: 5, Parry Bonus: +3(5 w/Speed), Dodge Bonus: +3(9 w/Speed)

Psionics: Machine Ghost, Mind Block, Object Read, Speed Reading, Telemechanics and Total Recall .

Armor Worn : Flying Dragon Power Armor

M.A.R.S. a division of Paragon Acquisition Services
Pieter Dravnos
Assistant Game Master

Postby Beanpole » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Rolling in, 5, 4, 3, . .

Cast (billing order):
    Darla McMeniman
    Roget Yooper
    Pam Orlovsky

Contestants:
Beanpole (Merctown)
Xandar Prime (City of Brass)
Sgt. Karl Urban (CS Chi-town)
Dr. Hans Gruber (CS Lonestar)
Franz Ferdinand (Arzno)
Dilly Bar (Lazlo)
Dill Bar Jr (New Lazlo)
Conestoga Wagon (Houstown)
Very Berry (Free Quebec)

Camera A: On hosts, zoom, pan
Camera B: Med. On cast/kitchen, zoom, pan
Camera C: (Overhead) C.U. on kitchen, 2 access move, zoom
Camera D: Med. On grill area, zoom, pan
Camera E: Drone, tagged to feature contestant
Camera F: Drone, tagged to feature contestant

---
ISHPEMING GOOD HOUSEKEEPING COOKING ALLSTARS OF NORTH AMERICA!
Sea: 1, Ep1
Ishpeming Broadcast & Studios

[BUMP/INTRO, graphics: logo: "Ishpeming Good Housekeeping Cooking Allstars of North America! Sponsored by Northern Gun Industries, Good Housekeeping Division"]

[Camera A: Med shot of MCMENIMAN and YOOPER in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...]

YOOPER
"Welcome back Darla, we are kicking off this season of Ishpeming Good Housekeeping Allstars of North America, sponsored by our good friends at Northern Gun Industries, Good Housekeeping Division."

MCMENIMAN
"Yes we are Roget, and we're starting this season with a special life kick off show! Yes everyone it will be our first ever LIVE barbecue competition."

YOOPER
"It is going to be hot!"

MCMENIMAN
Hahahahah, giggle, you got it Rog', we also have another sponsor, Marquette Food Producers, a Northern Gun Industries Subsidiary, and they are providing every contestant with a range of Pokey Pig barbecue fixins'. Wow! Let's see what we've got!"

[PACK 1: "Back stage", med shot of OLOVSKY w/ table]

ORLOVSKY
"Thanks Darla! Pam Orlovsky here with the Pokey Pig table! We have the Pokey Pig 100% GMO Spicey Spice Rub, the Pokey Pig No Soy (tm) Brine and Marinade, and our Signature Line of Pokey Pig Hot Sauces in Camp Fire, Flame Thrower and Plasma Ball!"

[Camera A in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....]

MCMENIMAN
"I can't wait, that's the benefit of being a judge, I get to try all of the Pokey Pig products. And now, let's introduce our competitors!"

YOOPER
"With Ishpeming's continental recognition as a cultural leader, we have gathered talented individuals from all over North America, showing that Northern Gun is truly available to anyone."

[PACK 2: Contestant overview]
YOOPER (V.0.)
"Now, first, we have surprise rookie chef from Merctown, I am pleased to introduce Beanpole!"

[Camera 3, zoom CU on BEANPOLE in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...]

BEANPOLE
"Uh, howdy ya'll, reckin' it's mighty fine to be here today."

MCMENIMAN (w/ prop mic)
"Roget, I just love him already, what a darling accent. You know he didn't grow up in Merctown."

YOOPER
"Not many people do, such a young community. Now Bean, is it okay if I call you Bean?"

BEANPOLE
"I ain't see why not."

YOOPER
"Alright, that's great! So Bean, are you a full time chef?"

BEANPOLE
"Well, not yet, Mr. Yooper. I aim to retire some day and start a nice down to earth good ol' boy kinda kitchen. Ain't sure where it's gonna be, not yet. I am gettin' mighty fond of them city markets. I ain't never knew there t'was that much varietay of food 'til I done wound up in Merctown."

MCMENIMAN (w/ prop mic)
"So, Bean, if you're not a chef, what's your "day job"."

BEANPOLE
"Well, ma'am, I reckin' you might say I'm somewheres between a mercenary and a demon hunter."

[Cut to: PACK 12: Audience reaction, "shocked"]

[Camera 3 in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..]
MCMENIMAN (w/ prop mic)
"Wow, well this is a first for Ishpeming Good Housekeeping Allstars of North America, sponsored by our good friends at Northern Gun Industries, Good Housekeeping Division. We've never had an amateur make it this far. Tell, me, have you had any professional training?"

BEANPOLE
"Why yes, ma'am. I done a six months course at Merctown community college. Reckin' it's one of the high spots of my life. I went a whole six months and ain't had to git in no fights or kill nuthin' but some livestock and fowls." Thoughtful pause. "Merctown ain't even got attacked them six months neither. Yup, good food, and all peaceful like. I done studied hard. Had to larn to read too. Hard to follow a recipe if'n ya'll don't know yer letters or nuthin."

YOOPER
"Well my dear Bean, I look forward to seeing you compete, and I hope we can learn more about you're fascinating life as we move forward with the competition. Next up we have a representative all the way from the City of Brass! Welcome Xandar Prime!"

----

GRILL PHASE

[Camera D: long, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...]

YOOPER (V.O)
"Darla, just let at them go. They are grilling up a storm down there!"

MCMENIMAN (V.O)
"They certainly have been working hard. Let's look back at the marination segment, whaddya say Rog?"

YOOPER (V.O)
"Let's do it!. But after a word from our sponsors."

PACK 9: 1st Sponsor Break

----

Sea: 1, Ep11

Cast (billing order):
    Darla McMeniman
    Roget Yooper
    Pam Orlovsky

Contestants:
Beanpole (Merctown)
Dilly Bar (Lazlo)
Very Berry (Free Quebec)

[BUMP/INTRO, graphics: logo: "Ishpeming Good Housekeeping Cooking Allstars of North America! Sponsored by Northern Gun Industries, Good Housekeeping Division"]

YOOPER
"Welcome back Darla, Have we a season so far! So many surprises. And delicious food from around the continent."

MCMENIMAN
"You know it Rog, that's why we do it. Food is universal isn't it? But unfortunately, not all of our chefs will taste victory."

YOOPER
"Wow, Darla, been saving that for a while? But that's right, one chef will leave us in beautiful Ishpeming tonight."

MCMENIMAN
"Absolutely! So we're down to only five contestants now. It's been a long road, let's have a look..."

[PACK 43: Montage of eps 1-10 w/ music]

[Camera A, med shot, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...]

MCMENIMAN
"So much hard work, let's see who we have left."

YOOPER
"You got it Darla."

[PACK 53: Contestant Bios]

[Camera B med shot, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1]

YOOPER (V.O.)
"They are already working on today's meal. It's something of a midwest specialty, I don't say."

MCMENIMAN (V.O.)
"Yes, it's one of my favorites. Today they are cooking up a wall eye feast. They have full access to the pantry and fridge for this one folks, expect a one doozy of a show."

-----

[PACK 48: Judging table intro]

[Camera B wide w/ contestants and judges' table, Cameras D captures emotional reactions of YOOPER and MCMENIMAN, Camera E captures emotional reactions of Contestants, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....]

---

GRUBER
"So you zee, I haf infused zee wall eye flesh with....

WAGON
"...wrapped in bacon and deep fried with a garlic aioli...

BAR
"..to properly capture its essence and answer the metaphoric gastronomical question: am I what I eat?"

BERRY
"Weel, yoosee, eet eez a combinaation of zee feesh, as mundane as a lake feesh eez and pairing eet wihs a fine Quebecois wine..."

BEAN
"Yup, reckin't it's a fish sammich and some taters."

-----

Sea: 1, Ep12

Cast (billing order):
    Darla McMeniman
    Roget Yooper
    Pam Orlovsky

Contestants:
Beanpole (Merctown)
Very Berry (Free Quebec)

YOOPER
"Can you believe we're at the final show?"

MCMENIMAN
"I sure cannot. After all their hard work and dedication, it comes down to tonight's meal."

YOOPER
"Let's see what they're cooking tonight!"

MCMENIMAN
"Absolutely! So we're down to only five contestants now. It's been a long road, let's have a look..."

[PACK 67: Explanation of four course progressive restaurant meal]

-------
On Location: First Northern Cuisine

[Camera D, target BEAN, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...]

MCMENIMAN (V.O.)
"Any idea what he's cooking there?"

YOOPER (V.O.)
"No idea, But Bean sure surprised with his choice of sous chef."

MCMENIMAN (V.O.)
"Any idea what he's cooking there?" (V.O.)
"No one in the audience or at the judges' table liked Sgt. Urban, what do you think is going through Bean's head right now?"

YOOPER (V.O.)
"Maybe Pam can get a word out of him, Pam?"

[Camera D hold, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1]

ORLOVSKY
"Things are moving fast now, aren't they Bean. Are you having trouble with the pressure?"

BEAN
"Ma'am, I hate to rain on yer picnic, but this ain't nuthin'"

ORLOVSKY
"Can you tell us a little be about your choice of Sgt Urban for a sous chef?"

BEAN
"Reckin' that's there's purty simple. He's done his share of demon killin' too, figured we'd work alright together."

-----

[PACK 49: Final Judging table intro]

[Camera B wide w/ contestants and judges' table, Cameras D captures emotional reactions of YOOPER and MCMENIMAN, Camera E captures emotional reactions of Contestants, in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....]

YOOPER
"This is it folks, let's see how our chefs did with the customers at First Northern Cuisine."

[PACK 87: Customer reactions]

---

[Camera A: CU on YOOPER]

YOOPER
"And we're down to Bean and Berry, who could not be more far apart in style. One of you will be the winner and one of you will go home."

[Camera A: slow move to CU on MCMENIMAN]

MCMENIMAN
"And the winner is..."

[SOT]

[Camera B: Flyout over BEAN and BERRY]

YOOPER (V.O.)
"Find out next week on Ishpeming Good Housekeeping Allstars of North America, sponsored by our good friends at Northern Gun Industries, Good Housekeeping Division.

[PACK 2: End Credits]
Beanpole
"Pardon me ma'am, you might want to cover your ears."

OOC Comments

HP: 17/17 :: SDC: 14/27 :: P.P.E.: 26/50

Urban Warrior Body Armor
• Helmet: 35
• Arms: 16 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50

Modifiers: -5% movement penalty

Weapons:
Wilk's 237 "Backup" (Hip Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 3D6 per single blast or 6D6 per double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 8/8 double shots (Standard E-Clip)
Modifiers: +2 to Strike with an aimed shot

NG-57 Heavy Duty Ion Blaster (Shoulder Holster)
Range: 500'
Damage: 2D4 M.D. or 3D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: single shots only
Payload: 10/10 (Standard E-clip)

Vibro-Knife (Utility Belt)
Damage: 1D6 M.D.

Survival knife (in boot)
Damage: 1d6 SDC

Current Conditions:
Beanpole

Postby Rocky » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 11:

JIC d20: 1d20:

JIC d100: 1d100:

So Rocky shrugs as the stowaway leaves. “No big deal. Not worth any type of delay for meeting Jennifer.”

He listens to Samm "Let's meet up at the Ambassador Hotel this afternoon. We can formulate our next plans then."

Rocky heads to the Hotel

Back at the Ambassador Hotel, Samantha called the rest of the team to her Hotel Room. "Okay, so Fuller provided some additional information about what happened to the group funds and our base, also our payment on the bounties we collected."

"I am renting a room here," She waves her hand about the fairly large suite she had rented. "We are welcome to meet here, till we can get our base back up and running. But in the meantime I have some pay!" She hands each person around the table an unsecure NGMI bank card with 100,000 NGMI on it. (T-Rex do you want to add this to everyone's sheet? Or shall I?)

Pulling out a bottle of ice wine, she pours a glass for everyone. "Welcome back to MercTown boys and girls." Lifting her glass up she toasts the members of MercTown Armored Recon Services.

While folks are milling about, she pulls Pieter aside. "We need to check out the grounds in the morning. Figure out what happened, and talk to the Security Services. Cole had locked that place down, and we paid for an annual contract with them. Anything taken, they should know who and when."

Rocky is happy about that He has his own personal account to worry about too.

Alright, we'll pull logs, contact the accountant, get the contract for security forces and see if we're due a claim or not. Rocky, can you interview the security folks, find out the who's and what's and when's. I figure you can cut through the crap faster than anyone else. After you go see your girl, of course. It can ait till tomorrow. Until we get the security situation handled, we'll continue with the same command structure. Just simpler until we know what's happened. We can have a new board meeting afterwards. Also, I need everyone for a few minutes so I can change the locks. Samantha, we'll need you as well for that since Thoar is gone. Once that's done, and we've got everything locked up, you all can consider yourselves free for the day, but I need all hands on deck by 0900 tomorrow. I want to know who walked out with several million in company funds. Sam, we're back in civie mode, so you have final authority for pretty much everything. I'll handle what you don't want to, but some of it will require you. I'll let you handle the banks. From now on, I want major pulls to be made only with a third party present, like the lawyer or the accountant. This is why I wanted everything out of that quasi-legal status we were in. Bastards thought they got one over on us, but they are going to be very mistaken."

Rocky smiles and then goes out to meet Jennifer. He meets her, a great home coming. Kisses hugs and then up to the room of her, at her father's hotel.

He informs her about the groups and his account being ripped off. He thinks there should be no problems since there should not have been a withdrawal without him present, and several other security measures, and it was insured.
( This is MercTown national bank. They do not print their own currency but rather operate on the Universal Credit System and are a nationally-insured banking institution which does all normal banking activities including savings and loans.)
Team Fund: Paragon Acquisition Services (P.A.S.) - 10/21/2013 - Proserpina

• Notes: Accessible by the CO or XO
• Universal Credits: 2,253,885
• Black Market Credits: 8,928,574
• NGMI Credits: 350,000

Rocky: 8,753,400 U.C. (19APR2013 - MaA)

He presents Jennifer with the Elvish Necklace and tells her about the rarity of the gems and the handy work.
OOC Comments
(from Lieutenant Brenna This was handcrafted by Asgardian dwarves on my home world of New Middgard. The leaves honor Yggdrasi and the fire gem glows with the light of Baldur. Its craftsmanship is unsurpassed in the Three Galaxies. A mere trinket to me and fine baubles are not worth much in the colonies, you cannot eat precious metal, but you will not find another like it in the Megaverse.”)

Rocky says “Lady, Lt. Brenna, you do me a great honor. Yes I’ll trade for the necklace. I would be a fool not to. I thank you, I was looking for something to give to my eventual wife, if she’ll have me. Your generosity, I will always remember.”

After Rocky places it on her neck he gives her a kiss. (More of that type.)

He then switches the conversation about him buying top of the line medical gear. The Phase devices, two portable and two larger devices he suggests that the regular size one should go into the clinic and the other might be sold or traded or bartered to Merctown Hospital. The choice is hers. He also thinks that the portable unit would be great in an emergency vehicle. And he thinks the other we can use when we travel.

Use of the device to help Jenifer, man Animal House Clinic for the poor, and tie it to the hospital for supplies and other items.

When presenting this idea to the hospital Board Invoke Trust 1d100:
/ 84%

Next day before going to meeting he will meets with Lt Fuller and makes sure his claims against the bank and taking care of the Animal House issue are taken care of. He gives Fuller his required fees to make sure the Paper Work is completed correctly. He also request any videos and computer entries and other information to help speed up the case.

Rocky will go with Samm and Pieter to talk to the security people. He will use his computer abilities to crack/hack any computer, Security skills, street wise and his advance portable computer from Phase World to help him.
He also has the ability to use Computer Ghost Machine Ghost (12 ISP)
Surveillance Systems 1d100:
/95%

Computer Operation 1d100:
/95%

Computer Hacking 1d100:
/65%

Streetwise 1d100:
/64%
Rocky
OOC Comments
P.P.E.: 11/ 11
I.S.P.: 176/ 164
H.P.: 49/ 49
S.D.C.: 81/ 81
Active Powers
Heightened Presence Sense:Range: 70’ (+5’), 76% to get precise # and To pinpoint location of a presence.
Duration: Permanent effect, automatically sense all presences concentrate 1d4 melees to get exact location
Horror Factor: 14 when intangible
Sense Supernatural Evil Range: 1000' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sense Magic Energy Range: 1900' (+100') Duration: Permanent effect
Sixth Sense
Shadow Cloak M.D.C.: 15/ 15
AOI 60
Crystal Armor (PW, 128)
• Main Body - 35
• Forcefield - 70 MDC 4 times per 24 hours or 20 ISP
UTI Zapper Gun: 15 shots per E-clip
Crystal Assault Rifle: 40 shots/ must use 8 ISP/shot
2 Phase Swords

Rocky

Postby Beckett » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 pm

((rolls carried over))

Pieter Dravnos wrote:But as they got done with those tasks, Pieter realized he'd spent literally a couple months back, and had yet to step into the workshop. His notebooks were overflowing with ideas, but he hadn't worked on any of them. For someone so entranced by the process of creation, this was a chilling thought. Sam, of course, had managed to avoid this trap, and had made progress on a variety of projects. Pieter's work area, however, was covered in the dust of disuse. And he'd learned that they really needed someone to handle the day to day details. He'd been interviewing business managers and support staff, but he'd yet to find one he trusted. And they were due to head out again soon. And where that had once been as exciting as creation of new items, it simply made him hurt to his core. So it was, one night over some ice wine he'd saved for himself, that he came to a decision. The next morning, he called Sam into the management office. "I know we discussed getting a manager for the holding company and to cover fires here while we're out. I wanted to let you know I found a candidate with the right experience, and more importantly that I know we can trust."

He lets it hang there for a few moments until her look demands an answer. "Me," he says simply. "I'm tired Sam. Like soul tired. And I don't mean from the recovery operations. I mean from the shit at the Swap Meet, from the brutality of the deevil camp. I was ready to harm people who didn't submit to a fucking mind reading. I more or less enjoyed our time on New Niflheim, except for the fight to save reality part. But more to the point, I haven't set foot in my shop since we've been back." He let that sink in as well. She, like himself, loved the process of creation and maintenance. Not being involved in it was an anathema to them both. "I need a break from operations. So what I propose is you cash me out of the holding company and company, and then hire me on as the manager. I can't be an owner and a manager effectively. So I'll need to separate my share from the company. As part of it, I'd like Rudd's ATV. It's just collecting dust, and let's face it, it's not really worth anything to our operational structure now. And some gems and metals from our stash so I can make some personal items as gifts and to sell. I'll still do TW mods for the group at cost plus fifteen percent labor, but my main purpose would be that manager position we set down. As manager I'll have full access to everything, as long as Mr. Brewster is my witness, so I can ensure nothing like this happens again." he sighs. "I just need to rest, and that means no operations for now. Thoughts?"

Samantha looks almost perplexed at the suggestion that Pieter was stepping down as leading force in combat. Shit! But as she looks back and all the infighting the group handled back on Inculta it makes sense. "I understand, it definitely makes sense," She says, her voice sounding a little disappointing. But then a smile crept across her face, "But you aren't leaving very far! In fact, I can have you work on some side projects while we are on mission."

With that Samantha puts out her hand, "Administrator Dravnos, welcome to Paragon Acquisition Holding Services." She looks at him kinda funny, "We need to come up with a better title, and we don't pay very well. But you do get to have a nice room, access to a well stocked machine shop..." She smiles a bit. "So how do we want to tell the rest of the team?"
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Pieter Dravnos » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:47 pm

(rolls held)

Pieter chuckles. "I don't know, Lord Brandt got by with that as his title quite well. And I guess we can increase the pay a little, but honestly, the room is nice, and of course access to the shop, so we'll call that even. I'll make a little on the TW projects, and I intend on monetizing a few more services for us. Stuff I can't do from the field. So maybe work in a yearly bonus based on non combat operations revenues? I don't want to take money out of the hands of folks risking their lives while I'm sitting here on my ass enjoying some down time. I mean honestly, we've got a lot to do to cash me out before we can get really into the whole management position aspect." He grins at this. "But I'll definitely still help out with repairs and projects, as I have time."

He frowns at how to tell the others. "Let's get with the accountants and cash me out first, and then tell them all about it over lunch. We'll call it an interview lunch."
Pieter "Bossman" Dravnos
Personal Info

Psionics: Machine Ghost, Mind Block, Object Read, Speed Reading, Telemechanics and Total Recall .

Pieter Dravnos
Assistant Game Master

Postby Beckett » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:28 pm

((rolls held over))

"Ah yes, accountants!" she states. "The bane and life blood of any para-military organization." She starts walking with Pieter down from the office she was called into. "So, you really want the Escapade? It's a sturdy ride, but it needs some work. I know we got it back to as close to factory specs as possible. But it needs something more. Are you going to mod it?"

Samantha walks into the Accountant's office, and waits for him to sit down. She waits for Pieter to discuss with the Accountant what his plans are, and she looks over the numbers, his shares, and the finances of the company to see about paying Pieter to be their administrator.

"You know me Pieter, I'm all about being fair. Escapade, gold, gems, some cash, access to housing and a large fabrication facility." She looks at him for an answer, "So, can you live with that as a payout?"
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Pieter Dravnos » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 pm

(rolls held)
"Absolutely. And I'm not saying I'm out forever, but I need a break." Like you can't believe, he thought grimly. He thinks back to the company's net worth and shakes his head. "You really lose track of just how much gear we've got here. And yeah, I'll mod her a bunch after the repairs. Actually if we can spare it, I wouldn't mind one of those labor bots too. I can use it to man the gun for me." He chuckles. "Get him reprogrammed with a combat software suite and he'll make a good gunner. But I'll foot that bill myself."
Pieter "Bossman" Dravnos
Personal Info

Pieter Dravnos
Assistant Game Master

Postby Beckett » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:34 am

((Rolls Held Over))
"I'm sure we can spare it." Samantha muses, "I got some skills programming artificial intelligence's as well." She thinks about the Alfred, her quick and dirty that AI was. "One of the barge projects was to put an AI in it. Get it running under its own power, and if I can swing it do self repairs."

"I am glad your going to hang on with the team, even as a non-operational part of the organization." Her eyes mist up a bit as she turns away and rubs at an eye. I will need to trust and lean on the others more on the combat side of things. Pieter has always had my back, fighting and building. "Who do you think has the chops to lead this rag tag group? Beanpole? Rocky? John?"
Beckett
Group Leader

Postby Beanpole » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 pm

WIRED MESSAGE TO PIETER DRAVNOS OF MARS (FORMERLY PAS):
Message wrote:We are informing you as the next of kin listed on the emergency contact form for the Ishpeming Good Housekeeping Allstars of North America contested Beanpole that the cast and crew have been out of contact for seven days and are presumed dead. The winner and runner up are contractually required to complete a "good will tour", and while en route to Lazlo, contact was lost. The prize money and royalties are being forwarded to your account. We have sent a rescue team out to retrieve said cast and crew, but they have been out of contact for 36 hours. Per our corporate guidelines we will keep you apprised of the situation for 90 calendar days. Please direct any inquiries to Northern Gun Industries, Good Housekeeping Division.

Thank you,
Elana Dubois-Hatoshi, VP Communications
Northern Gun Industries
Escanaba Corporate Tower
Beanpole

Postby Pieter Dravnos » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:44 am

XP Tallied
Pieter Dravnos
Assistant Game Master

Return to Adventure Archives: Paragon Acquisition Services