Lying in the Street, Asleep on His Feet

Moderator: Augur

Lying in the Street, Asleep on His Feet

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:41 am

Local Conditions wrote:111 Wall Access Road


CHROME STEEL BUMPER AND A RED STEP SIDE

Shane has been a little at a loss for the last 24 hours. Everyone's gone. He doesn't know where they went. And there are weird people taking up residence at 111 Wall Access Road. He knows why they are there, but that doesn't make it any less weird. Maybe what makes it really bad is for the last 24 hours he thought he was talking to Ecks. He wasn't. Ecks is gone.

Maybe he heard it somewhere, or maybe it's an original thought, but he hears in his head, "Ain't schizophrenia a bitch?"

Then a wolfen, a female wolfen, a female wolfen in robes, a female wolfen in robes arriving in some car thing. And she seems to be looking for Shane. Because she says, "I'm looking for Shane? He's with AAPS, is he here?"

Since Shane is there, she talks to him.

"I'm so glad I found you, the rest of team is gone, but we need to get something to them, it's critical to their mission," she starts in, then breathes, "My name is Neela, from the Collegiate. They've found somehow that this," she hands Shane a wooden box, "is needed for them to complete the task." She looks down at him and tilts her head in a very dog way for a brief second before looking again like a very composed young wizard. "Lady K pulled in a favor from the Defenders and might have secured a rapid mode of travel. Do you think you could leave now?" She is very urgent.

What are you doing?

Seriously, I couldn't watch the whole thing
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Lying in the Street, Asleep on His Feet

Postby Shane » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:46 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 1d20+4 = 19:
15

JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20:
5

JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100:
93

Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 23:
18


At least Shane's had some time to talk through his issues.

Did he really want to do that thing? Maybe. Maybe not.

Schizophrenia is certainly a bitch and worse, it has the effect of making him fairly sure he isn't right in the head at the moment.

"I think so." He answers the dog-woman a touch morosely with a side order of grump; a hand held out to receive the box. It is turned, examined once and spun in his hand until he asks a blunt question. His mind races at the same time with a thought of his own.

"Where the fuck did everyone even go? Seriously. I have got to get a cyber doc or someone to look at this shit, I keep zoning out."

"What is it, and how am I to get there? There is nothing pressing but I will need a moment to gather my things."

He squints at her, as though trying to determine if she really was for real.

Skill Roll: ID Undercover Agent: 74 (5%) - 1d100:
34
- Pass

"Why don't you walk with me and fill me in while I pick up my junk. I'm not completely sure where the rest of the team even went."


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: Lying in the Street, Asleep on His Feet

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown Defenders Armored Battalion Pad 1


SHE'S GOT A TICKET TO RIDE

Neela, the wolfen wizard, nods to Shane. "Please, gather what you need." She points to the technowizard vehicle sitting on Wall Access Road. "AAPS has gone to Madhaven. We need you to take the box to them. The world might end if you don't get it to them. We have a plan. Come with me, we have transportation waiting."

Shane maybe crazy but he isn't off his game. As far as he can tell Neela is perfectly legit. The wacky ride is real. And AAPS did seem to be going someplace crazy.

In a vehicle driven by Merctown wizards a rational assumption would be that they would head to the Mystic Quarter. Instead, they drive around the wall and onto one of the Defenders' bases. It's filled with large artillery pieces. Things that make things far away go boom.

Four people are gathered around an Iron Bolt Missile Vehicle. One of the long range missiles sits on the ground, half the case open, on a cradle that makes the situation vaguely coffin like.

"Well, here's your ride"

What are you doing?

You know it, everyone knows it.
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!

Re: Lying in the Street, Asleep on His Feet

Postby Shane » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 | 1d20+4 = 21:
17

JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20:
11

JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100:
14

Init: 1d20+5 | 1d20+5 = 13:
8


Shane squints some more at the wolf lady as he gathers his things. It takes a couple of moments and with his rifle hanging over his shoulder he methodically checks every single one of his E-Clips. He has enough strange gear on at this point that he needs to make sure it's all powered. He is halfway through when he abruptly twitches, not unlike a crazy. He might be, what with all of that hardware messed around in his brain.

"Something." He begins. "Feels off. Now, I'm psychic. You can't fool me. So /something/ seems like it is going to be bullshit. I feel it in my bones."

After the unusually large bit of being emotive, Shane returns to being halfway sullen and silent for the trip there. Thinking about what the hell is going on here.

"The world might end? The fuck?"

Then they arrive and Shane vaults out of the vehicle, glad to be on solid ground again.

He looks.

He looks long.

He looks hard.

He is unusually still for a juicer until after thirty seconds he abruptly turns and gestures at the wolfen lady.

"THIS is the bullshit I felt in my bones ten minutes ago. For fuck's sake!"

There's no sense stomping about and complaining though, even if all he wants to do is skin someone. He's done some suicidal and crazy things, but..

He stops himself from saying 'It's because I'm white and I'm a juicer, isn't it, that you think I will do this horse shit thing' and instead smiles with a sort of dead calm nature.

If he as to do this, he'll do it with them thinking he's hard as iron.

He taps his helmet until it cycles down to the polished 'shades' look normally used for bright objects.

"Two things. Tell me what is in this fucking box if you expect me to fly in a warhead with it.... and.... give me a minute."

Shane finds some paper and stepping up to the vehicle and slaps the paper on it's side so he can write a short letter:

"If I live, written in advance, you owe me one hell of a bonus for this. If I die, fuck you Royal Ecks. -S" Folding it, he hands it off to the wizard woman.

"Mail that to Royal Ecks, charge the postage to AAPS please. If you expect me to do this."

He really cannot believe what the fuck that he is doing with his life. Everything made sense up until he ran into this bunch of boobs at about the same time he got the shit shot out of him by some halfbit norms after knifing the ....

Inevitably, Shane sighs.

"Fuck me. I have to get in this thing."

He should feel heroic.

Off to save the world and all. With this fucking box.

He doesn't.

He gets in the cradle.

"I'm serious." He says, armored hand up to interrupt before anyone can close the lid on him.

"Make sure that gets mailed."

It's almost as an afterthought that he adds:

"Where am I going? Give me two sentences on it, and how do I find AAPS once I get there?"

Then he hunkers down. But only then. He needs his answers on that, fair's fair!

"I cannot fucking believe I am going along with this. Fuck me. Fuck me."

If the missile launches, his elongated thoughts will take on more of the lines of:

"fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

for however hundred many kilometers. It's totally as an afterthought that it occurs to him that this might have been a really great way to get rid of someone. He hopes it's not the same bunch that made off with that thing way back when and this isn't all a crazy setup.

Oddly enough, he isn't the least bit concerned about surviving.


Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

User avatar
Shane
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm
Location: North America

Re: Lying in the Street, Asleep on His Feet

Postby Maniacal Laugh » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:08 am

Local Conditions wrote:Merctown Defenders Armored Battalion Pad 1


DARE, DARE TO BELIEVE YOU CAN SURVIVE
Neela puts a furry hand on the box, slightly pushing it towards Shane. "It is an artifact your psychic friend will need. There is an evil behind this we are only beginning to detect. This will help. It is for her though."

She cocks her head to the side in a much too canine like gesture, but quickly recovers her composure and says, "It will be delivered."

"We are sending you to Madhaven. You should only be a few hours behind the rest of the AAPS team. We will land you within a hundred yards of their starting point. You should have not trouble tracking them, maybe even get them on the radio." She makes it sound so simple!

A surly looking dwarf steps forward as Shane lays down in his coffin. "This is quite a combination of magical and mundane tech. Not in a technowizardry way but...?" He drones on about the mechanical wonder they have created, until one of the other official types there pulls him away. The sensible official summarizes: "You don't have to do anything. There's a sensor that will detect the ground and eject you approximately a hundred feet above the ground. At that point the technowizardry hover pod will take over and lower you to the ground. Simple. You just have to lie there."

He doesn't even get a countdown.

Post response in Madhaven thread!


If was any better, it'd be "You've Got the Touch"
A hard, cynical act for a hard, cynical world. - Tex Richman
ImageImage
User avatar
Maniacal Laugh
Game Master
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 pm
Location: West Coast is the Best Coast!


Return to Adventure Archives: AA Professional Services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest