Ghouljagd (Ghoul Hunting)

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Ghouljagd (Ghoul Hunting)

Postby Consumer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 pm

The group assembles near the entrance to the area of Frieburg known as the Untergrund. The former U-bahn and rail tunnels of the pre-cataclysm, which is now home to the more subterranean races. The others have found Astra near a young orcish woman, with multiple facial scars. The two of them are sitting on some rubble near the official entrance of the Untergrund. When all have gathered Astra reintroduces the young woman as Ingrid and tells her to relay her story once more. "I live in the underground and it has become more dangerous than usual. People have gone missing... some never return while others are sometimes found missing organs and limbs. I do not know what evil has befell the Untergrund. Some think it is just the Goblins getting too bold, but even they hide in their hovels at night from whatever is lurking in the tunnels." The young woman says. "Your friend Astra here asked me if I could take you all to someone to tell you more, and I can if you would like." Ingrid says before looking at Oculus for a moment. "You should be able to access most of the areas in the Untergrund, save maybe the Goblin Warrens." The young woman says with a slightly forced smile. "Shall I take you now or do you need to prepare?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: Ghouljagd (Ghoul Hunting)

Postby Kelly Kellogg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 23
JIC d20: 1d20 = 15
JIC d100: 1d100 = 14

Conditions: Junkie in withdrawals (-5% to all skills; factored in)

Find Contraband, Weapons, & Cybernetics 54%-5%=49%: 1d100 = 53 (Familiarity with cyberjacking and organlegging)

Almost sounds like organlegging or cyberjacking. Prudence considers for a moment. "Hello, ma'am*. My name is Kelly Kellogg. Mind if I ask you some questions? Were any of the dead missing any cybernetic components? Did it seem like they were cut up, or chewed on, or burned? Are there any bodies available for examination?" I can do a tox screen, maybe determine the nature of the wounds. I should have taken that forensic sciences course. Oh well, I dissected frogs and did bloodwork screenings during my time at the university. Hopefully that's good enough.

*ma'am is the American word, seemlessly included in an otherwise Euro statement.
Do Not PM this account. PM Tyrannosapiens Rex.

Dear Prudence, won't you come out to play?

OOC Comments
Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55%
P.P.E.: 4
H.P.: 13
S.D.C.: 21
Kelly Kellogg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Icky'Eow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:25 am

JIC D20 1d20 = 11 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 90=
Perc: +4 (+6 detect surprise attack/to find salvage) 1d20 = 19 =

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft
When speaking, it is thru translater.

Insanity: Kleptomaniac- Character has a compulsion to steal even though he has a good alignment. He will steal valuable or inexpensive items as everything will seem useful item to him, even if it is not.
JIC skills for stealing –
OOC Comments
Basic Electronics 55% / 1d100 = 91 =
Basic Mechanics 55% / [dice]1d100 [dice] =
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 60% / [dice]1d100[/dice]=
General Repair and Maintenance 60% / 1d100 = 74=
Jury-Rig 50% / 1d100 = 71 =
Mathematics: Basic 80% / 1d100 = 99 =
Optic Systems 45% / 1d100 = 78 =
Pick Locks 45% / 1d100 = 3=
Radio: Basic 65% / 1d100 = 67 =
Recognize Weapon Quality 50% / 1d100 = 18 =
Recycle 60% / 1d100 = 82=
Salvage 60% / 1d100 = 4 =
Sensory Equipment 45% / 1d100 = 37=
Weapon Systems 50% / 1d100 = 23=

POST –
Icky’Eow follows along as Boren heads to the meeting spot. His eyes are bugged out and frantically trying to see everything at once. ”Da never sad anything about a place like this. I am scared, fascinated as well as grossed out...all at once.” He takes a deep breathe, and waits as the orc lady speaks.

As she speaks, Icky thinks about how to prepare. “OK...going underground. Never been there, but it cant be that bad....can it?” as the part about organ stealing is mentioned, Icky’eow does a visible shudder. ((”Me no understand why take people pieces. Cant change for better piece like machine...*looks at the others* ..or can you??”)) Without waiting for a response, Icky drops his shell and ducks inside. He returns a moment later with his personall computer in his hands. Poised to type he looks expectantly at the others. ((”So?? “))

His left eye moves to look at Kelly as she speaks. ”Cybernetic components?? Now I am listening.” with a wiglle of his antennea, Icky comments ((”me can smell machine stuff. Oil, fluid, other stuff. If cyber, I maybe follow to where held.”))
The Dangerous Icky'eow
PPE: 112
ISP: 70
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Boren » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:05 am

Perception +2: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC 20/100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 19
----------------------------------------------

Ingrid wrote:"Your friend Astra here asked me if I could take you all to someone to tell you more, and I can if you would like."

Missing body parts and organs? Doesn't sound like vampires but maybe I'll get lucky.

Boren quickly announces to the others in his gravelly voice, "Yes, yes. We should head there immediately. Sounds like an illicit body chop shop or, if we're lucky, an infestation of supernatural beasts that need to be culled." He loosens his vibro-blade in its sheathe, clearly eager to head out.

As Kelly talks with Ingrid, Boren turns to Icky and speaks in a low voice only Icky can hear. "Icky, if we encounter any trouble along the way make sure to protect Kelly. She is clearly a frail, weak thing and not a warrior like you and I and so will need to be protected."
If Icky tries to argue against Boren calling him a warrior, Boren doesn't seem to notice.
"To that end," he continues, "I want you to stay behind her as we travel, and I will lead."
He puts a heavy hand on whatever passes for a shoulder on Icky's shell and gives him a solemn look before speaks again.
"I am entrusting you with her safety, Squire Icky. For surely I will be in the vanguard of battle if we encounter any foul creatures marked by the Taint and you must protect the delicate human girl from any sort of flanking attacks."
----------------------------------------------
Streetwise 52%: 1d100 = 8
Boren Vokks
Boren Vokks, Knight of the True VIsion
Azverkan Battle Song
Horror Factor: 10; Natural M.D.C.: 30; G-10 Soldier BA: MDC: 60
T-21 Terrain Hopper PA: Main Body -
  • Jump jets damaged: (8' by 8' jumps for 10 consecutive jumps prior to overheating. 20 min cool down time)
Constant Effects
-See the Invisible, Nightvision 500'
-Keen sense of smell (ID everyday smells 76%)
-See supernatural auras of undead/evil supernatural beings (cloudy grey to black aura of vampires, zombies and all types of undead, necromancers, rune/bio-wizard weapons, and individuals possessed by supernatural forces
-Sense supernatural evil: 125' range
-Full PA optics: laser targeting, telescopic sight, passive nightvision, thermo/infrared,ultraviolet, polarization - (Range: 6000')
-External Audio Pick-up - (Range: 300')

Boren

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 13 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 1/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 18

Military Etiquette 80% /1d100 = 86
Bioware Mechanics 80%/1d100 = 21 If any of the bodies show signs of cyber being previously present.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% /1d100 = 18 Anything supernatural indicated on the corpse?

Oculus wrote:With all the force of a medical doctor only in the trappings of an arcane apothecary,"Sit. Stay. Rest as you say," the herbalist instructs without expectation of question.

”Ok, ok.”Ganon concedes taking the giants advice resting a good long while. Eventually though his rest is interrupted with a summons to meet the rest of the squad. Well I guess I don’t get to rest for long do I? I need to find out how much leave I have left. ”I need a some R’n’R he groans getting up.

On his way Ganon stops by the garage picking up his PA, gear, and the supply depot to pick up some drones. [i]Going underground we could use the scouts.[/b] [Mice drones are very common for scouting 3k each. Ganon will get 10 for 30k credits. Remaining balance is 70k.]

Consumer wrote:The group assembles near the entrance to the area of Frieburg known as the Untergrund. The former U-bahn and rail tunnels of the pre-cataclysm, which is now home to the more subterranean races. The others have found Astra near a young orcish woman, with multiple facial scars. The two of them are sitting on some rubble near the official entrance of the Untergrund. When all have gathered Astra reintroduces the young woman as Ingrid and tells her to relay her story once more. "I live in the underground and it has become more dangerous than usual. People have gone missing... some never return while others are sometimes found missing organs and limbs. I do not know what evil has befell the Untergrund. Some think it is just the Goblins getting too bold, but even they hide in their hovels at night from whatever is lurking in the tunnels." The young woman says. "Your friend Astra here asked me if I could take you all to someone to tell you more, and I can if you would like." Ingrid says before looking at Oculus for a moment. "You should be able to access most of the areas in the Untergrund, save maybe the Goblin Warrens." The young woman says with a slightly forced smile. "Shall I take you now or do you need to prepare?"

Ganon shifts in his power armor listening to Ingrid speak thankful there is room below for his PA. He would prefer to not lose the option of flight, but armor is armor. ”Ingrid, I for one could use some rest for gargoyles for a few days. Normally this isn’t something I would deal with at my pay grade, but CPT Kruger and myself have a sore spot from black market. I think we could at the very least find out what is going on.” Ganon says after hearing her part. ”Investigations like this are not my forte. I’ve done some investigations, but that is just a paper trail and a lot of interviews. Where do we start.”
Stabshauptmann Ganon Adalrik
Languages: N:Euro,Techno-Can
P.P.E.: 8/8 | H.P.: 24/24 | S.D.C.: 27/27
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Astra » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 6
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 15;JIC d100: 1d100 = 75

Boren wrote: "I want you to stay behind her as we travel, and I will lead."

"We're lucky to have such a willing leader.", Astra says sarcastically.
"So your plan then is to go in and bash whatever we find? Perhaps the simplest plans are best."

Astra tries to imagine what kind of monster might harvest organs, ((Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 24/75%; pass)), even though it's much more likely in her opinion that the culprit(s) are humanoid.

She'll also try to look for tracks to follow once the group is underway ((Tracking 1d100 = 25/67%; pass))
Magical Girl Astra
P.P.E.: 132/132
H.P.: 45/34
S.D.C.: 150/150
OOC Comments
Current Effects:
Constant Conditions:
•Sense vampires (1000' but not exact person) •Recognize vampires by appearance: 30%
•Sense Ley Lines and Ley Line Nexuses (per Ley Line Walker, RU:E, p.113)
•Sense Rifts (as per Ley Line Walker, RU:E, p.113) •Recognize Supernatural Shapechangers (62% (+3%); see Mystic Russia, p.136)
•Impervious to Vampires (see Mystic Russia, p.136) •Nightvision (500') & See the Invisible (see Mystic Russia, p.136)

Naruni N-F40A Heavy Force Field (Rifts Mercenaries, p.126)
•MDC 110/110
•Regenerates 1 MDC per melee while active (as long as not overloaded)
•Active Duration: 8 Hours per E-Clip
•Activation: 7 seconds
•Weight: 15 Lbs

Mystic Kuznya Long Sword (Rifts World Book 18, p.123-124)
•Indestructible
•Inflicts 5d6 M.D.
•Steel Weapon; +1d6 M.D.
•Combat Bonuses; +1 to strike, +2 to parry & disarm
•Weight: 5 Lbs

Mystic Kuznya Chain Weapon (Rifts World Book 18, p.123-124)
•200 M.D.C.
•Inflicts 3d6 M.D.
•Copper Weapon; makes user Impervious to fire as long as the weapon is in her possession. Weapon itself is also impervious to fire.
•Flaming Weapon; bursts into magical fire upon command, inflicting +3d6 M.D.
•Still does 1/2 damage to supernatural creatures who are normally immune to fire
•Even if not flaming No Evil creature can pick up item without being burnt 2d4MD.

Astra

Postby Consumer » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 pm

Kelly Kellogg wrote:"Hello, ma'am*. My name is Kelly Kellogg. Mind if I ask you some questions? Were any of the dead missing any cybernetic components? Did it seem like they were cut up, or chewed on, or burned? Are there any bodies available for examination?"

Ingrid looks to Kelly. Cybernetics are not particularly common down here... Though I'll be honest to say I don't know. The doctor may have that information for you though. I never actually saw any of the corpses myself. I think the doctor still has the last few victims." Ingrid says, a look of hope on her face.

The conversation between Icky and Boren seems to confuse the young woman more than anything else, but she smiles anyways.

Ganon Adalrik wrote:”Ingrid, I for one could use some rest for gargoyles for a few days. Normally this isn’t something I would deal with at my pay grade, but CPT Kruger and myself have a sore spot from black market. I think we could at the very least find out what is going on.” Ganon says after hearing her part. ”Investigations like this are not my forte. I’ve done some investigations, but that is just a paper trail and a lot of interviews. Where do we start.”

Ingrid looks at Gannon with the same confused look she'd been giving Icky and Boren. "Yes, I was just getting ready to take you to the doctor, he'll be able to tell you more information."

Ingrid leads the group into the Underground, it is clearly an old construction from the pre-appocalyptic past. Best guess that can be made is that the area used to be a part of a massive underground transit system. Though it is obvious that it has been repurposed into living areas and marketplaces and other utilitarian areas. the initial area the group is lead through is clearly an orc-centric village. Amazingly though underground the ceiling heights are rather high allowing Oculus to walk unimpeded. After walking for several minutes, Ingrid brings the group to an alcove where they see some medical equipment set up. A Human of all things is tending to a wounded goblin when the group approaches. "Ah Ingrid, I see you managed to find some help for our problem. Hello, I'm Doctor Auto Mercer, and I assume young Ingrid told you of our problem. Please come in and I will explain in more detail." Doctor Mercer points to a rather well concealed garage door that starts opening at his gesture. He moves through a side door and appears in the room beyond. Oculus, you find the room big enough for you to be in if you'd like.

Once the group has entered the room, Doctor Mercer closes door behind the group. I thank you for coming, we seem to have a Ghoul problem. Something is kidnapping people and cutting them up or sometimes outright eating parts of them. Whatever it is seems to be getting bolder, before it was grabbing people in the dark corners of the underground, but now it is kidnapping people from homes and places of business. Everyone is scared, even the goblins who seem to have no fear are hiding from the boogy man it seems. Doctor Mercer says before awaiting questions.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 10 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 14/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 81

Military Etiquette 80% /1d100 = 73
Bioware Mechanics 80%/1d100 = 99 If any of the bodies show signs of cyber being previously present.
Lore: Demons & Monsters 70% /1d100 = 26 Anything supernatural indicated on the corpse?

Ganon pauses at the entrance to the underground. He had jested about at least having his armor but he is a pilot at heart and the claustrophobic underground bothers him. It’s no different than being inside a garage or building. he tells himself as he gathers his resolve and heads underground.

Ganon’s power armor clomps along as the group moves down into the post-apocalyptic tunnels. As the light dims Ganon switches over one of his HUD monitors in his helmet to infrared/thermals to get a better view and layout of the structures underground. He is sorely tempted to use his newly upgraded control link knowing the amount of control it would give him over his PA's sensors. Couple weeks... Ganon sighs turning his attention back towards the infrastructure recalling years ago himself going underground into a service tunnel to repair sewage and processing lines; but that memory was nothing like this. ”They repurposed all of this? Very impressive conversions. Necessity is certainly the mother of improvisation.” Ganon comments. I am sure there is something I could do for them down here later… he thinks while inspecting the infrastructure always a mechanic at heart.

Ganon listens to the man introduced by Ingrid and Kelly converse standing off to the side observing. Medicine was not his forte. He could patch up cyborgs just fine but as soon as flesh meets metal, that’s where he is done.

”Ghoul’s? How do you know it’s ghouls if you say you don’t know what it is grabbing people?” Ganon asks wracking his brain on what he knows about them.
Last edited by Ganon Adalrik on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kelly Kellogg » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Consumer wrote:Ingrid looks to Kelly. Cybernetics are not particularly common down here... Though I'll be honest to say I don't know. The doctor may have that information for you though. I never actually saw any of the corpses myself. I think the doctor still has the last few victims." Ingrid says, a look of hope on her face.

Ingrid leads the group into the Underground, it is clearly an old construction from the pre-apocalyptic past. Best guess that can be made is that the area used to be a part of a massive underground transit system. Though it is obvious that it has been re-purposed into living areas and marketplaces and other utilitarian areas. the initial area the group is lead through is clearly an orc-centric village. Amazingly though underground the ceiling heights are rather high allowing Oculus to walk unimpeded. After walking for several minutes, Ingrid brings the group to an alcove where they see some medical equipment set up. A Human of all things is tending to a wounded goblin when the group approaches. "Ah Ingrid, I see you managed to find some help for our problem. Hello, I'm Doctor Auto Mercer, and I assume young Ingrid told you of our problem. Please come in and I will explain in more detail." Doctor Mercer points to a rather well concealed garage door that starts opening at his gesture. He moves through a side door and appears in the room beyond.

Once the group has entered the room, Doctor Mercer closes door behind the group. I thank you for coming, we seem to have a Ghoul problem. Something is kidnapping people and cutting them up or sometimes outright eating parts of them. Whatever it is seems to be getting bolder, before it was grabbing people in the dark corners of the underground, but now it is kidnapping people from homes and places of business. Everyone is scared, even the goblins who seem to have no fear are hiding from the boogy man it seems. Doctor Mercer says before awaiting questions.

Perception: 1d20+5 = 17
JIC d20: 1d20 = 13
JIC d100: 1d100 = 5

History Pre-Rifts (Western Civilization) 67/59%: 1d100 = 17 (eyeballing the Underground)
Biology 53%: 1d100 = 21 (forensics)
Chemistry: Analytical 48%: 1d100 = 60 (forensics)

Conditions: Junkie (maybe in withdrawals, maybe not. Definitely not high.)

Kelly takes a long look at all the Pre-Rifts Architecture as they descend to the doctor's 'office'.

"May I examine the bodies, Doctor? Oh sorry, perhaps I should lead with an introduction. My name is Kelly Kellogg. I hold several degrees from the University of Lazlo in America, and a second par of eyes cannot hurt, right?" Kelly holds out her hand for a shake- the first occasion her hand has stopped touching her sidearm since she entered the Underground.

OOC Comments
Kelly Kellogg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Icky'Eow » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:53 am

JIC D20 1d20 = 16 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 58=
Perc: +4 (+6 detect surprise attack/to find salvage) 1d20 = 8 =

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft
When speaking, it is thru translater.

Insanity: Kleptomaniac- Character has a compulsion to steal even though he has a good alignment. He will steal valuable or inexpensive items as everything will seem useful item to him, even if it is not.
JIC skills for stealing –
OOC Comments
Basic Electronics 55% / 1d100 = 57 =
General Repair and Maintenance 60% / 1d100 = 33=
Jury-Rig 50% / 1d100 = 89 =
Mathematics: Basic 80% / 1d100 = 31 =
Optic Systems 45% / 1d100 = 81 =
Pick Locks 45% / 1d100 = 99=
Radio: Basic 65% / 1d100 = 69 =
Recognize Weapon Quality 50% / 1d100 = 36 =
Recycle 60% / 1d100 = 40=
Salvage 60% / 1d100 = 8 =
Sensory Equipment 45% / 1d100 = 24=
Weapon Systems 50% / 1d100 = 85=

Skills used -
OOC Comments
Basic Electronics 55% / 1d100 = 72 =
General Repair and Maintenance 60% / 1d100 = 82=
Jury-Rig 50% / 1d100 = 100 =
Mathematics: Basic 80% / 1d100 = 35 =
Optic Systems 45% / 1d100 = 44 =
Pick Locks 45% / 1d100 = 73=
Radio: Basic 65% / 1d100 = 45 =
Recognize Weapon Quality 50% / 1d100 = 70 =
Recycle 60% / 1d100 = 7=
Salvage 60% / 1d100 = 29 =
Sensory Equipment 45% / 1d100 = 54=
Weapon Systems 50% / 1d100 = 87=

POST –
Boren quickly announces to the others in his gravelly voice, "Yes, yes. We should head there immediately. Sounds like an illicit body chop shop or, if we're lucky, an infestation of supernatural beasts that need to be culled." He loosens his vibro-blade in its sheathe, clearly eager to head out.

Icky gives another visible shudder at his comrade’s speech. ”Supernatural beasts?? Culled?? What are you on, my friend?? I am a simple repair guy, not some magic knight. What did I get myself into?” As Boren grabs his blade, Icky gives himself a face palm. Once Boren talks about the guarding of Kelly, Icky looks at /boren with a confused look ((But me no......))

If Icky tries to argue against Boren calling him a warrior, Boren doesn't seem to notice.
"To that end," he continues, "I want you to stay behind her as we travel, and I will lead."

with a nod, Icky says ((Me do best me can.)) He turns to go speaks as he feels Boren’s hand. He stops and looks at his friend once again.

"I am entrusting you with her safety, Squire Icky. For surely I will be in the vanguard of battle if we encounter any foul creatures marked by the Taint and you must protect the delicate human girl from any sort of flanking attacks.”

As he stands there, Icky’s mind races ”I am not a warrior. What do I know about flanking??I may not know what he is talking about, but I know how to protect. If we need to do combat, Kelly can hide in my shell while I guard the door.” he nods at Boren and moves off to follow the others.

[quote]Ingrid leads the group into the Underground, it is clearly an old construction from the pre-appocalyptic past. Best guess that can be made is that the area used to be a part of a massive underground transit system. Though it is obvious that it has been repurposed into living areas and marketplaces and other utilitarian areas. the initial area the group is lead through is clearly an orc-centric village. Amazingly though underground the ceiling heights are rather high allowing Oculus to walk unimpeded. [quote]

As the they move, Icky gives the work a cursory exam. As he looks, icky manages to catch Ganon doing the same thing, apparently. He walks over to Ganon, after a couple of light tugs on a sleeve ((like a child getting mom’s attention)) ((You Fix Too?? You smell like you fix stuff.me, you come back after and we help fix?)) as he says help fix he waves his hand around, indicating the work around them? Then without waiting for an answer, icky scurries off with notepad in hand. ”Need to identify all problems and see what I can do”

As the others gather and listen to the girl and doctor’s stories, Icky tries to keep his hands to himself as he looks around the room. Using his eyes to see and ears to listen, Icky thinks about anything he may have ever heard about anything like this. ”I lived and worked around adventurers all my life. You think I would remember something!! After a few seconds of nothing, there is a sigh from icky. Those looking at him see his shoulders droop, then a split second later, he stands straight up. Dropping his shell, Icky moves over to the bodies ands the doc as well as Kelly. ((if me touch stuff, me can know stuff. Is ok?)) ”If I use object read, I may be able to get something off their belongings, even clothes.”
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:08 am

Ganon Adalrik wrote:”Ghoul’s? How do you know it’s ghouls if you say you don’t know what it is grabbing people?” Ganon asks wracking his brain on what he knows about them.

The doctor shrugs a small shrug. "It's a saying. Ghoul's take people in the dark and eat them." The doctor says nonchalantly.

Kelly Kellogg wrote:"May I examine the bodies, Doctor? Oh sorry, perhaps I should lead with an introduction. My name is Kelly Kellogg. I hold several degrees from the University of Lazlo in America, and a second par of eyes cannot hurt, right?" Kelly holds out her hand for a shake- the first occasion her hand has stopped touching her sidearm since she entered the Underground.

The doctor nods as he pulls open a freezer door and wheels out a rickety gurney with what is likely a body under a sheet on it. "I figured someone would want to examine the bodies, and though I do not have sufficient storage to hold all of them I did manage to keep two from the incinerator's warm embrace." He says as he heads back into the freezer and wheels another gurney out.

"These two are from last week, Gunther Blacktooth and Marci Klein." The doctor says pointing to each corpse in turn.

Icky'Eow wrote:((if me touch stuff, me can know stuff. Is ok?))

The doctor smiles warmly at Icky. That would be very useful if I had any of their belongings. All of the bodies have been stripped of property before they're found." The doctor says with a sad look in his eyes. "I shall allow you time to investigate the victims alone, as I need to finish up with my patient real quick. I will be back momentarily to answer any other questions." The doctor says before shuffling off to the other room, leaving the group alone with two corpses.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Icky'Eow » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:17 pm

JIC D20 1d20 = 13 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 29=
Perc: +4 (+6 detect surprise attack/to find salvage) 1d20 = 9 =

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft
When speaking, it is thru translater. ((text))

Spells used -
Mend the Broken
OOC Comments
range: touch / duration: instant and permanent / ppe: ten + cost of repair / effect: 2 sdc can be repaired per point of ppe

POST –
Kelly:
"May I examine the bodies, Doctor? Oh sorry, perhaps I should lead with an introduction. My name is Kelly Kellogg. I hold several degrees from the University of Lazlo in America, and a second par of eyes cannot hurt, right?" Kelly holds out her hand for a shake- the first occasion her hand has stopped touching her sidearm since she entered the Underground.

Icky looks at Kelly with wide eyes. ”America?? I heard about that place... but only rumors and such. Is she really from there?” He then looks for a spot to drop his house. Once he finds a good spot, he drops his house and exits it. As he exits, Icky sees the doctor with his gurney.

Once the doctor returns to the freezer, icky touches the gurney ((casts mend the broken)). ”that should help. What else can I do?” He then looks around the room. ((”me no know fix people. I fix things. Me look for thing to fix.”)) Seeing the second gurney, icky “mends” it as well.
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Astra » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:41 am

Perception: 1d20 = 13
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 17;JIC d100: 1d100 = 9

"I thought that some people were returning missing parts? Is that not so?", Astra asks.
She regards Icky with some trepidation. What is this...creature...going to do to the bodies, exactly? Touch them to 'know stuff'? Could that possibly be more vague?

"Maybe let Kelly have a crack at examining the bodies first?", Astra suggests, with unintentional danger in her tone. Although, I'd really rather be cutting up demons...
Magical Girl Astra
OOC Comments
Current Effects:
Constant Conditions:
•Sense vampires (1000' but not exact person) •Recognize vampires by appearance: 30%
•Sense Rifts (as per Ley Line Walker, RU:E, p.113) •Recognize Supernatural Shapechangers (62% (+3%); see Mystic Russia, p.136)
•Impervious to Vampires (see Mystic Russia, p.136) •Nightvision (500') & See the Invisible (see Mystic Russia, p.136)

•MDC 110/110

•Indestructible
•Inflicts 5d6 M.D.
•Steel Weapon; +1d6 M.D.

•200 M.D.C.
•Inflicts 3d6 M.D.
•Copper Weapon; makes user Impervious to fire as long as the weapon is in her possession. Weapon itself is also impervious to fire.
•Still does 1/2 damage to supernatural creatures who are normally immune to fire
•Even if not flaming No Evil creature can pick up item without being burnt 2d4MD.

Astra

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 73

Military Etiquette 80% /1d100 = 32
Computer Operation 90% /1d100 = 50 Searching NGR Library data files
Invoke Trust: 75% /1d100 = 64 Towards Kelly

”Just a saying you say?” Ganon mumbles to himself beginning to not like how this is going. ”That's a sound idea Astra. Kelly, if you find something would you let me know for my reports, I’d appreciate it.“ he asks in his most polite civilian handling voice. I wonder if I have any historical maps on file. Maybe I can find something that will help us down here. Perhaps some old works for the tunnels. Ganon thinks pulling up his computer on one of his HUDs.

As he is searching files he gets and itch from his fresh stitches causing him to turn his head back and forth to bang around inside the PA like someone stomping a foot to itch it. ”Blast it, never works when you have an itch.” he says to himself forcing himself to ignore the annoying sensation.

Of course it never fails you get one itch and everything else starts itching too, a palm, back of the neck…your lip. And then you start looking like a horse with an apple trying to scratch it with your teeth. he thinks sighing briefly considering tasking a rat drone to scratch his head.
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:37 am

Icky’s use of the Mend the broken spell has a noticeable effect on the gurney, causing the aged contraption to seem to stand up a little straighter as the sagging welds and loose bolts move back into place. While Kelly flips the sheet off of the first dead body. It’s now very obvious as to the orks mentioning of missing parts. The Ork male on the table is missing his left arm and looks to have had some manner of surgery to remove organs. Kelly leans closer to investigate the wounds.

Ingrid looks to Astra and with a gesture towards the corpse Kelly is looking at. ”Yep that’s what I said, and Gunther’s missing organs and arm seem to keep with what I said.” Ingrid says her face a cross between a smirk and revulsion at the corpse in plain view.

Gannon stands off to the side to allow the others more room to work, using his onboard computer to look for information. Gannon is less than surprised when he sees his connection to the local city net is crap at best, but it’s sufficient enough to get information. From what Gannon can find, old city records are nearly non-existent, though he does get a few maps of the area that seem to be lacking at best from a few NGR-sponsored cartography expeditions.

This info will give you a +5% bonus to Land Navigation while in the Underground

Boren looks at the corpse before excusing himself from the room. Near twenty minutes pass before anything significant happened, and that is the Doctor returning to the room. ”Do you have any questions for me?”

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Icky'Eow » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:31 am

JIC D20 1d20 = 13 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 52=
Perc: +4 (+6 detect surprise attack/to find salvage) 1d20 = 8 =

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft
When speaking, it is thru translater. ((BOLD))
Insanity: Kleptomaniac

POST – Re: Ghouljagd (Ghoul Hunting)

While Kelly flips the sheet off of the first dead body. It’s now very obvious as to the orks mentioning of missing parts. The Ork male on the table is missing his left arm and looks to have had some manner of surgery to remove organs. Kelly leans closer to investigate the wounds.

Watching Kelly, icky also leans in and sniffs the corpse ”Maybe there is a trace of any cyber in this guy.” ((OOC - Chemoreceptors )) then he steps back and thinks about the scent and what it could mean. He gives a little jump as he is starled by the doctor returning.

OOC Comments
Chemoreceptors (special):
A highly advanced sense of taste/smell that lets the Junk Crab detect salinity and toxicity of the water, they are especially keen at picking up the scent of metal, oil, and other technological by-products they can track to their source at 68% +2% per level (-20% to track other scents).
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oculus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:34 am

JIC: 1d20 = 16 1d100 = 100
Perc: 1d20 = 20

Lore: Fairies & Creatures of Magic -- 30% /1d100 = 29 Identifying if he recognizes what might live underground and eat people.
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 35% / 1d100 = 54 Identifying if he recognizes what might live underground and eat people.
Cook -- 65% / 1d100 = 93
Carpentry -- 55% / 1d100 = 79 (Quickly piecing together furniture and tables.)

Spending his time feeding the many, providing healing, and medicine where he could the giant could not ignore a call to arms, especially one sounded by an ally such as Lady Astrapi. It was the way matters naturally came to pass, as like stacked stones. Disturb one and see the other's dislodged. So too did Oculus find himself moved.

Icky:
”me can smell machine stuff. Oil, fluid, other stuff. If cyber, I maybe follow to where held.”

Nodding to himself the giant's eye widens in recognition. Those odd and unnameable, though almost earthen smells that hung about Ganon and the robot shops as they passed through were the smells of machines as he says to himself,"Ah, curious." Asking of the talking mollusc,"What else do you say machine stuff smells of?"

Ganon:
”Ok, ok.' Ganon concedes taking the giants advice resting a good long while.

Smiling toothily a grin in a mouth so large that it could pop Ganon's head off like a crunch olive the cyclops nods repeatedly his head. Twinkly eyes crunching with creases help ameliorate the monstrous visage of the druid as he strokes his bead endowed beard saying,"Hurrying makes for missed roses under our noses." Taking a giant sized breath in and sighing outward the giant turns to leave but glances back,"I should know, they are way down below." Smiling unapologetically the giant says finally,""I will look for you, along with the other crew."

With that he departs Ganon. (Of course to later re-meet.)

Doctor Auto Mercer:

I thank you for coming, we seem to have a Ghoul problem. Something is kidnapping people and cutting them up or sometimes outright eating parts of them. Whatever it is seems to be getting bolder, before it was grabbing people in the dark corners of the underground, but now it is kidnapping people from homes and places of business. Everyone is scared, even the goblins who seem to have no fear are hiding from the boogy man it seems. Doctor Mercer says before awaiting questions.

Sitting upon the Doctor's floor cross legged the giant waits peering across the room at the bodies with his considerably large eye. Thoughtfully he answers to his collective allies,"Ghouls indeed. This city is taxed not of only resources to live, but morale as well." Considerate a moment the Scathach adds,"These crimes will not go without justice, but."

Putting his sizable hands on his lap the giant wonders aloud,"Are the missing parts food? Offal? Are they all organs or picked?" Shaking his head considering a different view than the nominally human would as his kind find human and perhaps too orc meat to be one of the tastiest,"I wager my next meal that I should have seen this."

Shaking his head he blames himself,"I fed those above with great ignorance of those below."

Turning to Ganon,"We may find if hunger drives this or monstrous intent." Gesturing for the mechanic to follow Oculus states,"We shall continue the craft of our hands." Pausing the cyclops druid directs to Icky'Eow,"Friend, come and help us gather ingredients? We shall cook a great feast for the people below so that they be sated as any deserve in the bastion of this town."

"I require you two for setting the table. Under my guide we may build a proper feast table!" Smiling sorely in jest he nudges the giant mollusc,"And I require your aid in guarding the feast with your watchful eyes." Making note of the molluscs swiveling eyes,"For mine own is but one and straight forward with its intent to watch my back."

If Oculus can enlist a couple allies, Ganon, Icky'Eow or otherwise his solution to the problem is to get everyone fed. At least feeding them will endear folks to perhaps talk and not see the strangers that they are as unfriendly.
Oculus
Impervious to Lightning/electricity(Including MDC magic and electricity; no damage).
Resistant to energy (including MDC psionic versions of laser, fire, etc; half damage).

Horror Factor: 11
Nightvision 60'' (see in total darkness).

--------------
Health: 60/60 MDC
Armor: None
Weapon: M-30 Dual Energy Rifle(large) --
(+1 to hit; laser beam targeting)
Magazine E-clip: 60/60 (Self charge:(1/1: 1 Particle or 4 Laser)
• Range: Particle Beam: 2.000' / Laser Beam: 3,000'
• Damage: Particle Beam: 1d4x10+6 MD / Laser Beam: 4d6 MD
Oculus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Icky'Eow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:14 am

((other rolls held))
Perc: +6 looking to find salvage 1d20 = 11 =

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft
When speaking, it is thru translater. ((BOLD))

Barter 38%/ 1d100 = 95
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55 / 1d100 = 53
Carpentry 40 / 1d100 = 66 (to help oculus with furniture and whatnot)
General Repair and Maintenance 60 / 1d100 = 98
Mend the Broken
OOC Comments
range: touch / duration: instant and permanent / ppe: ten + cost of repair / effect: 2 sdc can be repaired per point of ppe

Chemoreceptors (special):
OOC Comments
A highly advanced sense of taste/smell that lets the Junk Crab detect salinity and toxicity of the water, they are especially keen at picking up the scent of metal, oil, and other technological by-products they can track to their source at 68% +2% per level (-20% to track other scents).

Nodding to himself the giant's eye widens in recognition. Those odd and unnameable, though almost earthen smells that hung about Ganon and the robot shops as they passed through were the smells of machines as he says to himself,"Ah, curious." Asking of the talking mollusc,"What else do you say machine stuff smells of?"

Icky jumps back from the gurney as the giant speaks. “OMG!! He is huge.” With a small swallow, he turns to look at Oculus ((“Yes, large one?? What do machines smell like?? Ummm. You know smell before lightning....same smell as metal.”)) He gives a shrug to show he doesnt know really what to say. ”I need to learn how to speak something besides Lemurian. It would ,make this so much easier.” Icky watches he giant move arond and talk to the others.

Pausing the cyclops druid directs to Icky'Eow,"Friend, come and help us gather ingredients? We shall cook a great feast for the people below so that they be sated as any deserve in the bastion of this town."

Icky looks shocked ((“Me no cook. But me want help. You tell what do, me do.”))

"I require you two for setting the table. Under my guide we may build a proper feast table!" Smiling sorely in jest he nudges the giant mollusc,"And I require your aid in guarding the feast with your watchful eyes." Making note of the molluscs swiveling eyes,"For mine own is but one and straight forward with its intent to watch my back."

Icky stands straight ”Yessir...on it. Me help set table. Me also find tables and other stuff for feast. Then when others do their munching, me and house watch...no baddies come for feast. Squire Icky see everything.”)) With that, icky takes off at a quick skitter. ”I need to find tables, and chairs, plates and such for as many people as I can get.”

Icky will ask anyone he sees to help with furniture, seating, or supplies for feast as he skitters around the nearby tunnels.
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 38

Military Etiquette 80% /1d100 = 93
Computer Operation 95% /1d100 = 78 Drones setup
Robot Electronics 90%/1d100 = 21
Electrical Engineer 95% /1d100 = 61
Jury-Rig 105%/1d100 = 84
Computer Programming 85%/1d100 = 85

Managing to gather some information on the limited network and bandwidth Ganon sighs at least slightly appreciative something was to be had at all. Information technology is not at the top of NGR necessities when fighting the Gargoyle and Brodkils it seems.

”I found some information on the tunnels but not much. I should be able to program a few drones to help us map the tunnels.” Ganon advises as he continues to work off to the side while they conduct their forensic investigation of the corpse.

Pulling some drones from his bag he tweaks the programming just slightly for them to continuously broadcast a position, creating a sort of psuedo GPS type system except without using satellites as the triangulation the drones, it uses each other and his PA’s computers.

He hands one to each of the team and giving them similar instructions, ”Keep this with you it will allow us to track each other. Also has a radio you can communicate with the team and you will find can answer quiet a lot of questions from land navigation, to intelligence gathering.”

He take s a few more to act as scout and programs in a similar fashion. Their jobs where to move ahead and map the tunnels ahead approximately a hundred feet in each direction. The radios even underground can handle a quarter mile, 100-200 feet should be nothing Ganon muses.

Drones (Please annotate each of these on your character sheets. Please make note that Ganon can control them.)
1 previously with Oculus. Ganon (wirelessly uploads programming.)
1 given to Astra
1 previously in Kelly's vehicle (wirelessly uploads programming.), and 1 given to Kelly.
1 given to Icky
3 set up to act as scouts. 2 in lead and one following behind as rear scout. Their camera's (what they see and detect)are displayed on one of Ganon's three HUD's.

Drones Cliff Notes:(other capabilities listed in OOC
Physical Strength: Human equivalent P.S. of 10.
Other Notable Attributes: I.Q. 14, P.P. 18, P.B. 7.
Attacks/ Actions per Melee: Six.
Movement: 15 mph max. (23 Speed)
Head- 8
Legs ( 4-6) - 3 each
* Main Body- 8-12 depending on the size of the 'Bot.
* The entire creature is small, ranging from the size of a poker chip to that of a pack of cigarettes/mouse, making the entire construct/main body a small and difficult target to hit. The
main body of the tiny 'Bot can only be struck when the attacker makes a Called Shot, and even then he is -5 to strike. The head, legs and tail (when applicable) cannot be targeted from a distance, only when the 'Bot is immobilized or held in one's hand can the appendages be removed or destroyed.

Not their only skills but ones most likely to be applicable
Military Reconnaissance & Intelligence Program: Climbing 85%/65%, Detect Ambush 60%, Detect Concealment 60%, I.D. Plants and Animals 88%, Intelligence 80% (+10% when dealing with Gargoyles and Brodkil), Land Navigation 88%, Prowl 85%, Tailing (people or vehicles) 95%, Tracking People 88%, Wilderness Survival 80%.

Triax EIR-70 Spy Drone
OOC Comments
Exclusive to the NGR Military
Model Type: Covert Animal Surveillance Robot.
Class: Coordinated Reconnaissance Robot Drone.
Crew: None, robot with an artificial intelligence (A.I.).
S.D.C. by Location:
Head- 8
Legs ( 4-6) - 3 each
* The entire creature is small, ranging from the size of a poker chip to that of a pack of cigarettes/mouse, making the entire construct/main body a small and difficult target to hit. The
main body of the tiny 'Bot can only be struck when the attacker makes a Called Shot, and even then he is -5 to strike. The head, legs and tail (when applicable) cannot be targeted from a distance, only when the 'Bot is immobilized or held in one's hand can the appendages be removed or destroyed.
Depleting the S.D.C. of the Main Body completely destroys
the robot drone and all data and video stored inside of it.
Speed:
Running: 15 mph (24 km) maximum.
Leaping: One foot (0.3 m) high or lengthwise.
Flying: Not possible.
Underwater Capabilities: Swim across the surface of water at 30% its running speed.
Statistical Data:
Size: Varies with the body type and animal being simulated.
Stats are listed for the mouse Spy 'Bot. Large beetles are roughly equivalent, smaller insects are roughly half. Nothing larger than a mouse has been put into the field.
Height: Mouse: 2 inches (5 em).
Width: Mouse: 2 inches (5 em).
Length: Mouse: 4 inches (10 em), plus tail: 8 inches (20 em).
Color: Typically painted black, brown or grey.
Weight: 1.6 pounds (0.7 kg).
Cargo: None.
Power System: High capacity battery system with an average energy life of five months.

Standard Drone Sensor Systems:
Wide-band radio receiver and transmitter: Described below.
Optical reader: reading computer screens, newspapers, books, notes, etc
Optical scanner: Described below
Gyro-compass: It enables the user to always locate North and the other directions, as well as up and down.
Motion detector and warning system: Hair-like sensor wires that are actually tiny motion detector sensors. The system will work to measure noticeable movement near the character. The reliability of the detector is quite limited, but can be used to accurately assess wind direction and wind speed, and to detect the rapid approach of large moving objects, such as a vehicle, aircraft, power armor etc., whose rapid approach or large size causes a disturbance in the air. A motion detector is especially useful in the dark
because the speeding object must usually be within 600 feet (increased range) to create a detectable air current. Likewise, the motion sensor will detect the movement of somebody/thing moving nearby, within 140 feet (increased range).
The sensor can also detect sudden changes in air current and pressure caused by somebody opening a door or window, and can estimate speed of travel when inside an open-air (or open window) vehicle.
Molecular Analyzer (same as Cybernetic Lung): This micro-chip based sensor is used for testing and analyzing impurities in the air. It can specifically identify any chemical, or strange and dangerous molecules, like the presence of gas, oil, pollution, or other chemicals in the air.
Monitor jack/connector plug (may be in the tail, foot, or an antenna)

Radio Communication: Medium-range, wide-band directional radio. Range: 50 miles (80 km). The signal transmitted is encrypted, and requires knowledge of Electronic Countermeasures to retrieve and unscramble it; prevents being intercepted or hacked.
Optics: The Spy 'Bot has two small, wide-angle cameras and one telescopic zoom lens. It has advanced robot optics (basic 20/20 vision up to two miles/3.2 m away) with infrared, ultraviolet, polarization, passive nightvision, all with a range of 4,000 feet (1,219 m), plus telescopic vision with a range of two miles (3.2 km), and an optical reader.
Motion Detector: Increased range: 100 feet (30.5 m), adds to the ability to respond quickly and dodge.
Enhanced Audio Pickup System: High-quality microphones and listening array, able to hear sounds as quiet as 20 decibels as far away as 500 feet (152m).

Standard EIR-70 Computer Programs: Military General Programming: Computer Operation 95%, Languages include Euro, American, German, Techno-can, and Gobblely at 96%, Lore: Demons and Monsters 70% ( + 10% when it comes to Gargoyles and Brodkil), Mathematics: Basic 96%, Military Etiquette 96%, and Radio: Basic 96%.
Military Reconnaissance & Intelligence Program: Climbing 85%/65%, Detect Ambush 60%, Detect Concealment 60%, I.D. Plants and Animals 88%, Intelligence 80% (+10% when dealing with Gargoyles and Brodkil), Land Navigation 88%, Prowl 85%, Tailing (people or vehicles) 95%, Tracking People 88%, Wilderness Survival 80%.
Weapon Systems: None.
Last edited by Ganon Adalrik on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:56 pm

Icky takes a deep whiff of the Ork formerly known as Gunther. He detects the scents of the machinery in the area around himself, and a hint of some manner of chemical in the body, but a lack of knowledge keeps icky from identifying it.

Oculus poignantly asks the doctor a question which get the older human male to walk to a desk and crab a metal clipboard with a stack of loose papers on it. "Indeed Ghoulish. Gunther here seems to have had his leg surgically removed by someone with great skill. His insides for the most part are missing, heart, lungs, kidneys, small and large intestines, stomach. Basically all the major ones... and his body has been exsanguinated with likely a mechanical vacuum pump. I have found traces of some manner of ingested sedative. But due to a lack of equipment I was not able to identify the type." The doctor says while eyeing his notes. "From what little information I have received about their discovery, they were likely drugged, taken somewhere and surgically killed, and then the remains were dumped at another random location. Though these two were found in relatively close proximity to each other a few days apart." The doctor concludes as he sets his clipboard back down. He awaits further questions while generally listening to the group as a whole. When talk of a feast is brought up, he chuckles.

"So long as you're not trying to cook it here in my office. Though I will be honest, there are likely more people down here in the underground than on the surface above, and you may find the people generally insular and untrusting of such generosity. I would suggest the Soup kitchen in tunnel four if you want to make a contribution to the people down in the underground." The doctor says with a smile.

Gannon programs his drones to act as scouts and GPS hubs, before handing them to each member of the team. The programming seems to be sufficient and the signal strength is good so long as they don't put several feet of metal and concrete between each other they'll function as planned.

What are your intentions?

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 22 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 25

Sensory Equipment 85% /1d100 = 40
Bioware Mechanics 90% /1d100 = 67

The drone rats quickly skitter back to stop at Ganon’s feet after a couple ground tests. Satisfied with the results Ganon scoops them up ready for when they begin their search of the tunnels.

Well I am glad that went so well.[/I he thinks happily to himself.

Drones were a mild hobby that became more than an interest as he learned new ways to use the little things. He found he could send them into an engine compartment and they could locate a leak faster than any systems test, weld and unweld damaged parts or system that would take a crew to disassemble entire sections.

”But due to a lack of equipment I was not able to identify the type.”

Ganon’s cyber ears easily overhear the trio’s conversation and Ganon clunks over, Actually these little fella’s can tell you what the drugs chemical compound is.“ Ganon says setting one of the drones he scooped up down next to the body. [I]I am glad I can’t smell that thing.
he thinks as he remotely controls the drone to sniff the blood for chemical analysis. [molecular analyzer (same as Cyber lung]
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Astra » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:38 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 8
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 9;JIC d100: 1d100 = 88

"Thank you for this.", Astra nods to Ganon when he hands her a drone.
She tucks the drone into a pouch on her utility belt.
Probably useful, though I hardly have much familiarity with such devices.

Polishing her blade, Astra attempts to disguise her impatience while quietly listening into the conversations going on.

She casts a sideways glance at Oculus when he announces his intent to provide a meal. We're investigating, aren't we? How can he think of food right now?

"You nerds find anything helpful yet?", Astra asks those poking the Ork formerly known as Gunther.
Magical Girl Astra
OOC Comments
Current Effects:
Constant Conditions:

•MDC 110/110

•Indestructible
•Inflicts 5d6 M.D.
•Steel Weapon; +1d6 M.D.

•200 M.D.C.
•Inflicts 3d6 M.D.

Astra

Postby Kelly Kellogg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:31 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 12
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 87

Biology 53%: 1d100 = 87
Chemistry: Analytical 48%: 1d100 = 26
Chemistry: Pharmaceutical 53%: 1d100 = 25
Basic Electronics 43%: 1d100 = 4
Appraise Goods 63%: 1d100 = 10 (Guessing the value of the harvested organs and parts)

Prudence shrugs when Astra asks her. "Pretty much what the doc said." The scholar does poke around for signs of metal connections remaining on nerve endings of the limbs, if she can successfully identify nerves. Even the blood too.... Creepy!

"I have a full lab available to me. If I could have a sample please...."

Prudence, of course will report anything she did discover.

OOC Comments
Kelly Kellogg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oculus » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 am

JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 41
Perc: 24% / 1d100 = 65

Cook 65% / 1d100 = 20

Oculus nods at the Doctor in reply failing to present a hint of jest in the reception as he answers,"Nay, this is not the place for a meeting of peoples." Rising from his feet the giant gives a sort of hunched bow. Even though the room is large enough habit rules where his head often will be in avoidance of broken ceilings and blown out doorposts. Turning as if an aged man he passes from the place of preserved dead only turning back long enough to state,"Tomorrow before the sun rises, soup kitchen tunnel..." Holding up his hand spread with thumb tucked in,"Four."

Making his way through the underground the druid slowly and with patience observes the many as he progresses to the Soup Kitchen. Once there he explains his intention and that he will arrive in the morning with a means to produce plenty of fine food. He too informs of his intention to repeatedly return to this and any other soup kitchens in the days ahead if they would inform him of their locations.

He is a little more than appreciative that he will not have to create a place as now he may spend time cooking instead. He brings with him anything that would fortify the meals nutrition such as various vegetables and meats. Asking the Soup Kitchens he determines roughly how many do come and what they can do to entice more to come forward and find a meal for themselves.
Oculus
Impervious to Lightning/electricity(Including MDC magic and electricity; no damage).
Resistant to energy (including MDC psionic versions of laser, fire, etc; half damage).

--------------
Oculus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:48 am

Gannon

When Gannon says that his drone can identify the substance, the doctor nods. "I suppose it would be a useful piece of knowledge." The Doctor says, before gesturing to a near by table. The doctor heads back into his "freezer" and is gone for a minute or so, before returning with a small petri dish. The Doctor sets it down next to Gannon's drone with the lid removed. "Have at it" He says. The drone scurries forward and takes a sample, then begins processing. Moment's later the drone supplies a chemical composition to Gannon, but it's not anything he recognizes as chemistry isn't a skill he was trained in.

Astra

Astra continues to wait as it seems the eggheads haven't quite finished looking at the corpses yet. Ingrid steps up next to the Atlantean and speaks softly as to not disturb the others. "Do you think you'll find whoever is responsible?"

Kelly

Kelly's investigation comes up with little, her search for possible cyberware, either present or stolen is unfruitful. She does make note that whomever did the removals was likely a world-class surgeon and not some butcher. If the organs were stolen for profit, Kelly is unsure what there street value would be, likely a few thousand to tens of thousands of credits. Once she asks for a sample of the sedative, the doctor shrugs and places the lid on the petri dish and hands it to Kelly. "It's not doing me much good, so feel free to have it."

Oculus

Oculus's departure gets to puzzled looks from Ingrid and the doctor, but none try and stop the Cyclops. Occulus begins to meander the tunnels towards what he thinks is Tunnel Four. After twenty or so minutes he finds the soup kitchen, and it leaves him wanting. The soup kitchen is an "outdoor" affair with a large cook pot over a open fire, several battered picnic tables act as the dining area for this establishment. At the cook pot stands an elderly looking orc wearing what appears to be a priest's frock. At Oculus' approach he looks up from the pot. "All are welcome, though sadly I may not have enough soup to feed one such as yourself young cyclops." The old orc says politely. "What can I do for you?"

After explaining himself to the old orc, Oculus is saddened to hear the following. "I feed approximately a hundred or so folks a day, mostly goblins and orcs down on their luck, but as of late the crowds have been fewer and fewer. I would more than welcome the help, though as to how to get more patrons, I do not have an answer for you and believe me I have prayed for guidance on that one."

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Astra » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 14
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 18;JIC d100: 1d100 = 60

Astra glances at her relatively new friends. Ingrid's question, surprises her, but she never drops her stoic demeanor. Can we find the person or persons responsible? Perhaps. Can we stop this from happening again? Of that I have no doubt.
"If there is anything to be done, that can be done, we will do it.", she reassures Ingrid.
Magical Girl Astra
OOC Comments
Current Effects:
Constant Conditions:

•MDC 110/110

•Indestructible
•Inflicts 5d6 M.D.
•Steel Weapon; +1d6 M.D.

•200 M.D.C.
•Inflicts 3d6 M.D.

Astra

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 19 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 5/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 3
Sensory Equipment 85% /1d100 = 95
Bioware Mechanics 90% /1d100 = 67

”Thank you Sir.” Ganon says as he waits for the results.

The drone rattles off the results in its robotic tiny voice that he doesn’t recognize. Of course I should have known I would have no idea what the chemical was. he thinks turning to Kelly.

”Ms. Kellogg, can you tell me what this chemical is? The drone analyzed the blood but I don’t know much about chemicals past hydraulic fluids, oil, and hydrazine.” he asks repeating the chemical nomenclature the drone provided.

Ganon looks past Ms. Kellogg at Oculus down the way conversing with the Orc with pot in hand. That one is an interesting one. Quiet in the group but seems to be always interested in the welfare of others around him. Hmmm. Ganon ponders not sure what to make of the peculiar giant.
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kelly Kellogg » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:20 am

Prudence stuffs the petri dish into her ammo pouch. "I'll analyze that in detail when we can get to the surface and my mobile lab."

"This is no butcher job. Clean organ removal. They could likely be transplanted. I dunno, it's not out as a theory."

Prudence checks out Ganon's sensor readings

Perception: 1d100 = 3
JIC d20: 1d20 = 14
JIC d100: 1d100 = 47

Chemistry: Pharmaceutical 53%: 1d100 = 96

OOC Comments
Kelly Kellogg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oculus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:07 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 131d100 = 79
Perc: 24% /1d100 = 34

Language: Gobblely -- 122% / 1d100 = 50
Cook -- 65% /1d100 = 22

Humming a deep sound almost like a growl of concern the one-eyed giant pulls at his braided beard in thought. Slowing turning his head he takes in the layout of the food, the ingredients, and the establishments apparent comforts. Snorting a breath through his nose he nods to the proprietor of the soup kitchen as he asks,"What do you put in your soup?" Waving his hand slowly so as not to be threatening he suggests,"Beans, roots, the green's of vegetables?" Spreading his hands he continues,"Elk, moose, bear..." Pausing he considers what the small people eat and includes,"Rabbit, bird...rats?" Not sure of himself on the latter he simply provides the idea not aware that most find such "vermin" unappealing as a meal.

Nodding at the statement of his patrons being orcs and goblins the giant has to fight not to grimace. Such creatures were not usually the most savory or kind as a people as they tended to see giants like Oculus as a threat until proven too dangerous to attack and then they resort to traps and the like. Looking around at the sore state of the tunnels the giant wonders as he thinks about how goblins and orcs would normally get food. Raiding he supposed. Looking to the soup kitchen's orc he started to reconsider his thoughts on orcs at least. He was a man of service and the Druid could not but respect that.

Further inquiring Oculus asks,"Where do the many here in these tunnels get their food?" Looking up as if to indicate the surface the giant explains,"Above there are fields, game to hunt, and fish to catch. What would an orc or goblin choose to eat if they could choose? What would you if you were not in this city? Nodding slowly Oculus recalled some of his nontraditional meals whilst a Blood Druid. Suggestively the cyclops mentions,"Would they want something other than game animal?"
Oculus

--------------
Oculus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Icky'Eow » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:19 pm

JIC D20 1d20 = 16 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 32=
Perc: 1d100 = 24 = / +30% looking to find salvage

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft
Telemechanics - Linked with -
Drone (sensors hooked to my pod as well as me)
Translater - When speaking, it is thru translater. ((BOLD))

Barter 38%/ 1d100 = 2
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55 / 1d100 = 39
Carpentry 40 / 1d100 = 24 (to help oculus with furniture and whatnot)
General Repair and Maintenance 60 / 1d100 = 33
Mend the Broken
OOC Comments

As Icky starts to wander the tunnels looking for things to add to his shell as well stuff to help with feast. ”I need to find some stuff. I want to help with this feast. Just not sure how to besdies get supplies.” He is stopped by Gannon handing out drones.

”Me thanks. This be Glitch.’ Icky says as he accepts the drone from Gannon. He puts the drone down and stares at it for a second or two. Then as he looks up again, the tiny bot climbs up him and sits on his shoulder. He looks at Gannon ’This big to me. Thanks much. Ummm...how link with others?? I want use to see thru others if need or talk for me.” He makes a mental note of the locations of others. He will try to make a HUD in his mind, based on gannon’s settings as GPS and communications with rest of team.

As he wanders, icky will remember the scent of the dead orc in case he comes across while he moves. ((Chemoreceptors (special):
OOC Comments
A highly advanced sense of taste/smell that lets the Junk Crab detect salinity and toxicity of the water, they are especially keen at picking up the scent of metal, oil, and other technological by-products they can track to their source at 68% +2% per level (48 to track other scents).
))
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:17 pm

At the Clinic

The trio discusses the sedative found in the Orcs body. Kelly looks at the chemical analysis and is stumped at the shear complexity of the molecule shown to her, and she knows that it will take her quite sometime to figure out what it was. Doctor Mercer takes a look at the readout from the drone and shrugs. "Seems a very complex drug, certainly not natural. Whoever designed this was/is an artist." The doctor says his voice showing respect for the chemical, but maybe not the person using it.

Off to the side Ingrid speaks quietly to Astra. "When you're done here I can show you where we found Gunther's body."

At the Soup Kitchen

Oculus wrote:"What do you put in your soup? Beans, roots, the green's of vegetables? Elk, moose, bear... Rabbit, bird...rats?"

The old priest looks up at the Cyclops. "Well I use local mushrooms and some root vegetables. I get dried greens in bulk on my monthly Shopping trips. As for meats, I actually don't use a lot of meat in my soups, I'd say once a week I would use a meat source, usually wild boar that a local hunter donates to the church on a monthly basis."

Oculus wrote:"Where do the many here in these tunnels get their food? Above there are fields, game to hunt, and fish to catch. What would an orc or goblin choose to eat if they could choose? What would you if you were not in this city?

The old Orc shrugs. "All manner of places I suppose, there are shops down here that sell foods, and I know some of the goblins are known to hunt the local vermin. Things are likely better in the Dwarf warrens, but I don't know much of what goes on their as they're not my usual flock. I personally eat soups, and simple fair that I purchase from local sources."

Oculus wrote:"Would they want something other than game animal?"

"I suppose anyone would like to eat something other than game animals. Though the people I have in my flock are more of the poor and downtrodden." The old Orc priest says with a sad look in his eyes.

It's shortly after this conversation ends, that Oculus is assaulted by a foul smell and a loud "EH!" Looking down Oculus sees a hunchbacked humanoid in foul stained robes and cloak.

"I know of the creature you seek Giant." The last part almost seems spit out. The creature looks up giving Oculuc the first real look at the... man? He looks like he either is or was human but he has begun to rot away, his voice is higher pitched and reminds Oculus of old cranky hermits from his past. The Orc Priest speaks up. "Magnus leave this young man alone..." The Priest begins before Ol'Magnus interrupts him. "He's going to be the savior of your flock, if he listens to me..."

Elsewhere
Icky wanders the hall looking for things to use in this mythical feast Oculus wants to make. He passes a vender who seems to be selling dishes, they're cracked and worn, but more than functional. Icky's approach brings a look of confusion to the Orc woman sitting in a chair near the dishes. "A giant crab... interesting. What can I do for you?" The woman says with a smile, revealing a mouth full of missing teeth.

What are your Intentions?

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Icky'Eow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:29 pm

JIC D20 1d20 = 5 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 30=
Perc: 1d100 = 51 = / +30% looking to find salvage

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft
Drone (sensors hooked to my pod as well as me)

Barter 38%/ 1d100 = 79
Recycle 60 / 1d100 = 25
Salvage 60 / 1d100 = 20
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 55 / 1d100 = 88
Carpentry 40 / 1d100 = 37 (to help oculus with furniture and whatnot)
General Repair and Maintenance 60 / 1d100 = 87
Mend the Broken
OOC Comments

[quote] Consumer
Icky wanders the hall looking for things to use in this mythical feast Oculus wants to make. He passes a vender who seems to be selling dishes, they're cracked and worn, but more than functional. Icky's approach brings a look of confusion to the Orc woman sitting in a chair near the dishes. "A giant crab... interesting. What can I do for you?" The woman says with a smile, revealing a mouth full of missing teeth. [

Icky’Eow happily wanders the tunnels. ’Okay. Oculus said he needed “stuff” for this feast. Ingredients, chairs, stuff to eat with or off of. Lets see what I can find.” as he wanders, Icky will look around. Trying to not loom like a tourist ((Fail!!)), Icky finds a likely spot to shop. Seeing the orc woman, Icky approaches. ((“Good day. I be Icky’Eow. Me no giant crab. Hehe, Me am Junk crab. Crab dumb cousin. Like monkey to human. Me think.” He tries to look cute.((charm/impress: MA 14 / 1d100 = 70 )) (( Me have giant friend who want to make food for tunnel people. Need lots of stuff. I look all places for stuff to make cooking with, things to eat with and plates, cups, and chairs. Now I find dishes. So maybe Trade?”))

As he speaks and then waits for the the translator to butcher his words, Icky looks at the wares. Using his skills, he checks the stuff around the old lady. If he sees anything in need of serious repair, Icky will offer to repair it in trade for as much as the orc lady can spare. ((That need fix. I fix, you give dishes? )) if nreed be, icky will cast mend the brokedn to help fix it if skills don’t do the job.
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Astra » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Perception: 1d20 = 16
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 17;JIC d100: 1d100 = 43

Astra tries her best to manage a smile. It's not something she does very often, but the Orc woman is trying to be helpful.
Ow, it hurts to do this. How can people live this way?, she thinks attempting the expression.
"Yes, that would be helpful, Ingrid. Is it very far?"
Magical Girl Astra
OOC Comments
Current Effects:
Constant Conditions:

•MDC 110/110

•Indestructible
•Inflicts 5d6 M.D.
•Steel Weapon; +1d6 M.D.

•200 M.D.C.
•Inflicts 3d6 M.D.

Astra

Postby Oculus » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:40 am

JIC: 1d20 = 121d100 = 97
Perc: 24% /1d100 = 17

From his great height Oculus considers the orc chef's words before nodding thoughtfully,"When you do have meat. Does that day see more than other ones?" At the thought that folks would want other than game animals he says,"There is not a night I would not eat wild game every night my friend!" Nodding Oculus adds,"Venison is a wonder in any stew."

Nodding at the pot Oculus smiles knowingly before swallowing, rather hard before correcting what he asked prior, his mind on the days he was a Blood Druid,"No my friend, I intend otherwise." Feeling contrite before one like the orc, of the monster races, Oculus continues,"The cyclops people have a long standing taste for human meat. I do not... Any longer. The wrongs I have done to many has fixed my path as a Scathach."

Still the words did not change that his mouth watered just a little considering such a meal as he helplessly shrugs against the orc's likely surprise,"All must eat it is the way of..."

Magnus:
"I know of the creature you seek Giant." The last part almost seems spit out. The creature looks up giving Oculuc the first real look at the... man? He looks like he either is or was human but he has begun to rot away, his voice is higher pitched and reminds Oculus of old cranky hermits from his past. The Orc Priest speaks up. "Magnus leave this young man alone..." The Priest begins before Ol'Magnus interrupts him. "He's going to be the savior of your flock, if he listens to me..."

Instinctively Oculus' hand is already drawing at his purse extracting several packets of Ash Rowan powder. Bending to his knee the giant holds it out for the disease beleaguered old man as he asks,"Of note, I have not spoke that I search for such a creature, yet fortune brings you to me."

Nodding at the packets Oculus insists,"Here, I will hear you out only if you take these."

Waiting for the man to take the medicine Oculus will look past the man and around for any others nearby as he asks the man to continue,"Now, what creature do you speak?"
Oculus

--------------
Oculus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:42 am

Perception: 1d20+5 = 16 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 12/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 17

CPT Adalrik watches the teams interactions working through a problem over his own head.

Ganon smirks watching as Astra attempts to be friendly, That has to be the first time I have seen her smile. he says to himself chuckling in amusement before turning to see the strange, but seemingly friendly enough crab browsing ironically of all things, junk.

Finished looking over the Junk Crab Ganon moves his eyes over to Oculus down the way now out of site. Who is he talking too? he thought he could hear the giants distinct manner of speaking. [Amplified Hearing: 60%/1d100 = 39]
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kelly Kellogg » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Perception 66%: 1d100 = 61
JIC d20: 1d20 = 1
JIC d100: 1d100 = 66

Prudence takes a few still images with her camera of the body, including some detail shots on the wounds.

The young American scholar keeps her head down and follows Astra and the Orc Woman to the crime scene, hand again on her pistol the whole trip. Inside her armor, the junkie's eyes are darting around wildly, but Prudence is actively trying to keep her head from jerking around. Don't jump at shadows, Kelly.

When they get to the scene, Prudence again takes video and still shots of the entire area, trying ro make up for her lack of skill with sheer volume. Anything of immediate interest to Prudence or any of her companions gets extra attention from the camera as well.

OOC Comments
Kelly Kellogg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:58 pm

The Crime Scene.

Ingrid nods to Astra and takes the young woman and anyone who wants to follow. The young orcish woman leads the group through several side passages and newly formed tunnels. Eventually coming to an abandoned sub-basement to some long ruined building. The area has what appears to be signs of previous inhabitants, but none seem to be there at the moment. Ingrid points to a corner of the room. "This is where Gunther's body was found, a goblin looking for a place to sleep for the night, spotted him and brought it to the locals attention." Ingrid stands off to the side as to not get into the way of the investigators.

Ol'Magus has something to say.

Ol'Magnus sighs at Oculus' offering. "Look here Scathach, my looks are not some mere disease for your herbs to heal, so don't worry about that." Ol'Magnus looks around for a moment before he continues. "You face an immoral and immortal monster, named the Nightwraith, and I have been chasing for far longer than you could imagine. He is a Necromancer of immeasurable power and he seeks only to rule the world. I had thought I had killed him decades ago, but apparently I failed." Ol'Magnus seems horribly upset at what he's telling Oculus.

When a Crab goes shopping.

The old woman siting at her stall looks at Icky strangely. They're one credit a piece, pay or don't I will not do bartering over this" The old woman says a hint of annoyance in her voice. Icky can see that her stall doesn't have much in it, and his offer of repairing things would have likely not been very useful.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Icky'Eow » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:36 am

JIC D20 1d20 = 8 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 93=
Perc: 1d100 = 97 = / +30% looking to find salvage

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft

Consumer
The old woman siting at her stall looks at Icky strangely. They're one credit a piece, pay or don't I will not do bartering over this" The old woman says a hint of annoyance in her voice. Icky can see that her stall doesn't have much in it, and his offer of repairing things would have likely not been very useful.

Icky stands there for a moment, with a shocked look on his face. "That usually works. Noone has ever wanted money before free repairs. Oh well.” Icky looks at the plates, and then back to the lady. ((”Mesorry. No monies. Normal thing is to trade repairs for stuff. Me sorry me waste time. Enjoy day.”)) He skitters back towards the other stalls, continuing his search.

As he walks, Icky remebers something one of his new human teammates had said earlier...
[quote=Ganon]”Keep this with you it will allow us to track each other. Also has a radio you can communicate with the team and you will find can answer quiet a lot of questions from land navigation, to intelligence gathering.”[/quote]

Icky stops where he is and pulls out glitch ((Drone’s name)). ”I will send him out to look for the others. I will link up with him and follow him back to the others.” Icky gives a nod, almost in reply to something unheard. With 1 eye, looking around for trouble, and the other eye looking at glitch, Icky places the drone on the ground and then returns upright. ((”okay, coastal is good.”)) With a blink, he uses his mind to link his laptop, as well as the shell’s sensor pod to his drone. ((Telemechanics - not linked to me, but linked together - I only need to link with computer to link with mouse and shell)).

With one eye still watching out, icky crouches down and talks to glitch. To anyone watching, it looks like he is just crouched down whistling and clicking at a robot mouse. ((”Okay, Glitch. I am Icky’eow. We are gonna work together from now on. My friend, Ganon, gave you to me so I can help as well as learn. So you help me, and I help you. Deal?? Now I need you to find the others. They have GPS, so find them for me. I have you linked up to my computer as well as my shell. So I know what you know, see what you see, and hear what you hear. Just send me a beep when you need me to link up. Go little buddy. But stay within 30 ft.”))

While he walks along, Icky uses the radio ((”Hello?? Anyone there?? Icky here. I no monies on self. No trade repair for feast stuff. Me sorry. Self tried”))

Triax EIR-70 Spy Drone (“Glitch”)
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
Head- 8
Legs ( 4-6) - 3 each
Depleting the S.D.C. of the Main Body completely destroys the robot drone and all data and video stored inside of it.
Speed:
Underwater Capabilities: Swim across the surface of water at 30% its running speed.
Statistical Data:
Stats are listed for the mouse Spy 'Bot. Large beetles are roughly equivalent, smaller insects are roughly half. Nothing larger than a mouse has been put into the field.
Height: Mouse: 2 inches
Width: Mouse: 2 inches
Length: Mouse: 4 inches, plus tail: 8 inches
Weight: 1.6 pounds
Power System:
• High capacity battery system with an average energy life of five months.
Wide-band radio receiver and transmitter:
• Described below.
Optical reader:
• reading computer screens, newspapers, books, notes, etc
Optical scanner:
• Described below
Gyro-compass:
• It enables the user to always locate North and the other directions, as well as up and down.
Motion detector and warning system:
• Hair-like sensor wires that are actually tiny motion detector sensors.
• The system will work to measure noticeable movement near the character.
• The reliability of the detector is quite limited, but can be used to accurately assess wind direction and wind speed, and to detect the rapid approach of large moving objects, such as a vehicle, aircraft, power armor etc., whose rapid approach or large size causes a disturbance in the air.
• A motion detector is especially useful in the dark because the speeding object must usually be within 600 feet (increased range) to create a detectable air current.
• Likewise, the motion sensor will detect the movement of somebody/thing moving nearby, within 140 feet (increased range).
• The sensor can also detect sudden changes in air current and pressure caused by somebody opening a door or window, and can estimate speed of travel when inside an open-air (or open window) vehicle.
Molecular Analyzer (same as Cybernetic Lung):
• This micro-chip based sensor is used for testing and analyzing impurities in the air. It can specifically identify any chemical, or strange and dangerous molecules, like the presence of gas, oil, pollution, or other chemicals in the air.
Monitor jack/connector plug ( in the tail)

Radio Communication:
• Medium-range, wide-band directional radio.
• Range: 50 miles (80 km).
• The signal transmitted is encrypted, and requires knowledge of Electronic Countermeasures to retrieve and unscramble it; prevents being intercepted or hacked.
Optics:
• has two small, wide-angle cameras and one telescopic zoom lens.
• advanced robot optics (basic 20/20 vision up to two miles away) with infrared, ultraviolet, polarization, passive nightvision, all with a range of 4,000 feet, plus telescopic vision with a range of two miles, and an optical reader.
Motion Detector:
• Increased range: 100 feet, adds to the ability to respond quickly and dodge.
Enhanced Audio Pickup System:
• High-quality microphones and listening array, able to hear sounds as quiet as 20 dB as far away as 500 ft.

Standard EIR-70 Computer Programs:
Military General Programming:
• Computer Operation 95%,
• Languages include Euro, American, German, Techno-can, and Gobblely at 96%,
• Lore: Demons and Monsters 70 (+10 when it comes to Gargoyles and Brodkil),
• Mathematics: Basic 96%,
• Military Etiquette 96%, and
• Radio: Basic 96%.
Military Reconnaissance & Intelligence Program:
• Climbing 85%/65%,
• Detect Ambush 60%,
• Detect Concealment 60%,
• I.D. Plants and Animals 88%,
• Intelligence 80% (+10% when dealing with Gargoyles and Brodkil),
• Land Navigation 88%,
• Prowl 85%,
• Tailing (people or vehicles) 95%,
• Tracking People 88%,
• Wilderness Survival 80%.
Weapon Systems:
• None
Last edited by Icky'Eow on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 6 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 2/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 32

Sensory Equipment 85%/1d100 = 60
Radio: Basic 105%/1d100 = 45

Ganon flicks off a display of a schematic he was reading over in boredom. Now even more bored he paces around the halls of the unterground, This place is a wreck even by d-bee standards. he thinks still not one to be picketing for d-bee rights. Ganon takes some video of the area for later. Perhaps CPT Krueger can get them some help. he thinks recalling her reputation.

Having turned off the schematic the GPS he rigged up with the drones pops back up onto the display. He could see the drones he flagged as Oculus and Icky at different locations. That junk crab is something else. he thinks. If he was versed in biology he might have considered how life always finds an adaptation. Instead he just ponders the mechanical aspects of getting all those bits and peace’s together to work as well as they do. Is it just him or is his species always so inclined as he is? he wonders at the possibilities recognizing the potential to be had of getting one of them on his crew.

”Lady Astra, I am going to go see what are newest member Icky is up to.” Ganon says to Astra before heading off.

While he walks along, Icky uses the radio ”Hello?? Anyone there?? Icky here. I no cmonies on self. No trade repair for feat stuff. Me sorry. Self tried”

Ganon picking up the comms, ”Icky this is Adalrik, I think I understood. No money? I am actually already headed to you. Stay put, I will be right there. Out.” Ganon radios back follow the GPS signal to Icky.

Ganon speaking over his PA comms asks Icky, ”What did you need money for? We should have asked CPT Krueger to provide some additional supplies for you. Anyways I can spare some for a valid reason.”
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oculus » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:04 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 121d100 = 7
Perc: 24% / 1d100 = 63

For any recollection of a Nightwraith:
Lore: Fairies & Creatures of Magic -- 30% / 1d100 = 1
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 35% / 1d100 = 58

Toward following the best course of questioning:
Research -- 50% / 1d100 = 12

"Look here Scathach, my looks are not some mere disease for your herbs to heal, so don't worry about that."

Hand outstretched Oculus scowls in concern as he slightly moves his eye up and down the man hesitating to withdraw the medicine from before Ol'Magnus. Making a sound,"Hermm..." After a time the druid puts the medicine away and still from his bent knee's gives the withering being a curious stare as the man continues. Curious Oculus wonders,"Is it hubris to think this man genuine or an unkindness to look a horse in it's mouth versus an act of generosity?" Uncertain but willing to hear the fortuitous man's story as much as it seems fated or as destiny, just as Oculus' release from spiritual servitude and escape from the Blood druids seemed to be itself.

"You face an immoral and immortal monster, named the Nightwraith, and I have been chasing for far longer than you could imagine. He is a Necromancer of immeasurable power and he seeks only to rule the world. I had thought I had killed him decades ago, but apparently I failed." Ol'Magnus seems horribly upset at what he's telling Oculus.

Nodding as if aware already the cyclops repeats the words testing them for memories sake,"Nightwraith..." Mulling it over in his mouth he continues,"Necromancer?" Glancing toward the food pot realizing he'd not eaten today Oculus ponders as his hand scratches his chin,"Immortal, like the gods." Chewing an imaginary morsel between his teeth the Scathach grunts finally.

"Then you know this immortal Nightwraith well. What does this being look like and how was its demise thwarted?" Waving his large hand to the orc priest Oculus gestures in desire,"Would you make me and my new companion a bowl each?" Looking to the aging and decrepit being Oculus finds a lace secluded in a corner where he sits at the end of a table waiting patiently,"Come, sit, eat and we shall mull over this matter on fuller stomachs." Smiling though without the normal light in his eye the cyclops finishes,"Tell me of yourself, where you come from, where do you stay now, and how were you beset by fate to follow this cursed being?"

As the conversation continues Oculus will naturally follow the line of inquiry as they continue and if Ol'Magnus will oblige him,"How did you come to follow it here?" Concerning Magnus' appearance,"Is it great age? Returning to the creature they are discussing,Is this nightwraith a demon or man? Does it harbor allies beyond the dead? How can it lord over the world? Do you know where it is hiding now?"

Naturally, Oculus will take note and encourage additional details beyond his questions. If the man attempts to hurry Oculus stating that there is no time to be wasted the druid will reply,"One does not embark upon a Snipe hunt without nary a question lest he be made to be a fool." From then he will encourage all the same questions and discourse stating to Ol'Magnus when they have concluded,"If you would be certain this Nightwraith's true end, then come and meet my fellows in arms as our strength we have together will be our only means to prevail!"
Oculus

--------------
Oculus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Astra » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:06 am

Perception: 1d20 = 7
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 5;JIC d100: 1d100 = 83

"Oh, right then.", Astra nods to Ganon as he goes to meet Icky.

I sure hope that Kelly has some idea on how to investigate this., Astra thinks to herself, regarding the short redhead.

Astra attempts to sense Sense Ley Lines and Ley Line Nexuses, wondering if there might be a magical connection to the disappearances and assaults. She casts Globe of Daylight (2 PPE) in order to get a bit better view, moving it if Kelly requests.

The only skill Astra possesses that may be of any use is Tracking, and so she calls upon this knowledge to try and find any kind of hints as to a possible attacker, numbers, directions, etc. (Tracking 1d100 = 47/67%)
Magical Girl Astra
OOC Comments
Current Effects:
Constant Conditions:

•MDC 110/110

•Indestructible
•Inflicts 5d6 M.D.
•Steel Weapon; +1d6 M.D.

•200 M.D.C.
•Inflicts 3d6 M.D.

Astra

Postby Kelly Kellogg » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Perception 66%: 1d100 = 93
JIC d20: 1d20 = 19
JIC d100: 1d100 = 78

Conditions: Withdrawals (-5% to all skills, not factored)

Chemistry (Analytical) 48%: 1d100 = 11
Biology 53%: 1d100 = 30
Botany 48%: 1d100 = 95

Intellectually, Prudence understands all the components of processing a crime scene. Sample separation and avoiding cross-contamination are things the genius picked up in her chemistry and biology classes. Prudence is a crappy photographer, however, and has no practical experience in this field, so results may vary. It probably doesn't help that she's starting to get those withdrawal pangs either.

Prudence does try to determine if this was the 'scene of the crime' by evidence of struggle, removed objects, blood residue, and other obvious signs. Then Prudence tries to scrounge up 'evidence bags' if she can find any sufficient number of clean plastic or glass containers to hold it all.

"Over here a little more with that light, please. Try to keep shadows out of the camera angle.... I wish I had taken that criminology course.."

OOC Comments
Kelly Kellogg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:43 am

A Meeting of the Technicians.

As Icky wanders about, he links the drone to his computer and the sensors in his shell (-10 I.S.P.) before he radios the group for some help. To which Gannon replies and starts making his way to the strange crustacean. It only takes a few minutes for the two to meet up. Once Gannon is there, Icky explains his situation to the NGR Mechanic.

CSI Fieburg

Kelly, Astra, and Ingrid stand in the cul-de-sac made of abandoned sub basements and halls. Each takes a drastically different approach to analyzing the site. Kelly looks for evidence much like a forensic examiner while Astra looks at it like a monster hunter. And in this case neither is a wrong way to do it.

Kelly's search comes up with one clue, but whether it's useful or not remains to be seen. On the floor near where Ingrid says the body was found she finds a scrap of linen. The cloth seems old, very old. If she were to guess it would be hundreds of years old. It also seems to be covered in a concoction of preservatives, that faintly smell of the kind used in mortuary practices.

Astra finds another clue a short ways away from where Kelly is prodding. A piece of corrugated metal seems to be covering a hole in the wall. Upon further examination she can make out the faint signs of something making the passage to and from this point in the recent days. a few stray fibers from some linen like cloth are caught on a piece of exposed rebar. Astra is certain that if she tried hard she may be able to track it through the tunnel.

Rotten Old Man

Oculus wrote:,"Nightwraith..." Mulling it over in his mouth he continues,"Necromancer?" Glancing toward the food pot realizing he'd not eaten today Oculus ponders as his hand scratches his chin,"Immortal, like the gods." Chewing an imaginary morsel between his teeth the Scathach grunts finally.

Ol'Magnus looks to Oculus. "Not so much like the gods... but not for a lack of trying I would say."

Oculus wrote:"Then you know this immortal Nightwraith well. What does this being look like and how was its demise thwarted?"

Ol'Magnus looks down for a moment as if trying to remember a long lost thing. "I've run into him many times in the past. He looks like a man for the most part, though he does have the ability to look like a monster. As for thwarting his demise, he's done dark rituals and made deals with Deevil and Demon alike. So I'll be honest to say I don't know what particular thing keeps him alive at the moment."

Once Oculus asks the old priest for a meal with Ol'Magnus, the Priest nods and makes two bowls, though Oculus' bowl is likely a repurposed mixing bowl. after siting down Magnus sips his soup.

Oculus wrote:,"Tell me of yourself, where you come from, where do you stay now, and how were you beset by fate to follow this cursed being?"

Magnus chuckles a dry sounding chuckle. "I'm originally from Denmark, and I currently reside in a side passage down here. As for why I am fated to chase Nightwraith... The All Father demands it, it is part of my penance for my crimes of hubris in my youth." Magnus looks a little saddened to remember the details of his issue.

Oculus wrote:"How did you come to follow it here?"

Magnus shrugs. "Same way any thing such as this happens, I followed him here. I last dealt with him in Egypt, but he escaped my grasps there and fled here. He always seems to flee here."

Oculus wrote:"Is it great age?

Magnus nods. "You could say that child." his words are low and thoughtful.

Oculus wrote:Is this nightwraith a demon or man? Does it harbor allies beyond the dead? How can it lord over the world? Do you know where it is hiding now?"

Magnus sighs. "He's likely more monster than man anymore. He's had allies of all sorts in the past, at the moment he likely has some undead, a mummy for sure as he fled with one from Egypt, and maybe a living agent or two." Magnus answers.

"No I do not know of his location, if I did I would already be making war with him."

Oculus wrote:"One does not embark upon a Snipe hunt without nary a question lest he be made to be a fool." From then he will encourage all the same questions and discourse stating to Ol'Magnus when they have concluded,"If you would be certain this Nightwraith's true end, then come and meet my fellows in arms as our strength we have together will be our only means to prevail!"

Magnus nods. "Take me to your friends, and hopefully we'll be able to slay the beast."

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Astra » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 am

Perception: 1d20 = 18
Just in Case d20: 1d20 = 15;JIC d100: 1d100 = 70

"Kelly, I have something.", Astra announces abruptly after confirming her findings. She waits until Kelly joins her. "There are fibers from something, some sort of woven cloth here." she says pointing at the rebar. "I may be able to track this through the passage."

Astra looks at Kelly's expression and tilts her head slightly. "Find anything? Should we alert the others?"
Although we can probably handle this ourselves., Astra thinks proudly.
Magical Girl Astra
OOC Comments
Current Effects:
Constant Conditions:

•MDC 110/110

•Indestructible
•Inflicts 5d6 M.D.
•Steel Weapon; +1d6 M.D.

•200 M.D.C.
•Inflicts 3d6 M.D.

Astra

Postby Icky'Eow » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:45 pm

JIC D20 1d20 = 5 =
JIC D100 1d100 = 66=
Perc: 1d100 = 83 = / +30% looking to find salvage

Conditions:
Nightvision 400 ft

((“Friend ganon!! Me is happy you here. Big one eye asked for things to bring for feast. Me no know what need so me ask and told dishes. So me talk to lady there *points at merchant* she say 1 credit per plate. Me no know how many we wanting, but me haves no monies to trade with, and lady no want trade for repairs. Me no understand.”))

Icky stands there with a look somewhere between sad puppy and confusion. Even tom a complete stranger it is apparent this gentle soul is way out of his element. ((No pun intended....with him being a crab and all))

Triax EIR-70 Spy Drone (“Glitch”)
OOC Comments
S.D.C. by Location:
Head- 8
Legs ( 4-6) - 3 each
Depleting the S.D.C. of the Main Body completely destroys the robot drone and all data and video stored inside of it.
Speed:
Statistical Data:
Height: Mouse: 2 inches
Width: Mouse: 2 inches
Length: Mouse: 4 inches, plus tail: 8 inches
Weight: 1.6 pounds
Power System:
• High capacity battery system with an average energy life of five months.
Wide-band radio receiver and transmitter:
• Described below.
Optical reader:
• reading computer screens, newspapers, books, notes, etc
Optical scanner:
• Described below
Gyro-compass:
• It enables the user to always locate North and the other directions, as well as up and down.
Motion detector and warning system:
• Hair-like sensor wires that are actually tiny motion detector sensors.
• The system will work to measure noticeable movement near the character.
• The reliability of the detector is quite limited, but can be used to accurately assess wind direction and wind speed, and to detect the rapid approach of large moving objects, such as a vehicle, aircraft, power armor etc., whose rapid approach or large size causes a disturbance in the air.
• A motion detector is especially useful in the dark because the speeding object must usually be within 600 feet (increased range) to create a detectable air current.
• Likewise, the motion sensor will detect the movement of somebody/thing moving nearby, within 140 feet (increased range).
• The sensor can also detect sudden changes in air current and pressure caused by somebody opening a door or window, and can estimate speed of travel when inside an open-air (or open window) vehicle.
Molecular Analyzer (same as Cybernetic Lung):
• This micro-chip based sensor is used for testing and analyzing impurities in the air. It can specifically identify any chemical, or strange and dangerous molecules, like the presence of gas, oil, pollution, or other chemicals in the air.
Monitor jack/connector plug ( in the tail)

Radio Communication:
• Medium-range, wide-band directional radio.
• Range: 50 miles (80 km).
• The signal transmitted is encrypted, and requires knowledge of Electronic Countermeasures to retrieve and unscramble it; prevents being intercepted or hacked.
Optics:
• has two small, wide-angle cameras and one telescopic zoom lens.
• advanced robot optics (basic 20/20 vision up to two miles away) with infrared, ultraviolet, polarization, passive nightvision, all with a range of 4,000 feet, plus telescopic vision with a range of two miles, and an optical reader.
Motion Detector:
• Increased range: 100 feet, adds to the ability to respond quickly and dodge.
Enhanced Audio Pickup System:
• High-quality microphones and listening array, able to hear sounds as quiet as 20 dB as far away as 500 ft.

Standard EIR-70 Computer Programs:
Military General Programming:
• Computer Operation 95%,
• Languages include Euro, American, German, Techno-can, and Gobblely at 96%,
• Lore: Demons and Monsters 70 (+10 when it comes to Gargoyles and Brodkil),
• Mathematics: Basic 96%,
• Military Etiquette 96%, and
• Radio: Basic 96%.
Military Reconnaissance & Intelligence Program:
• Climbing 85%/65%,
• Detect Ambush 60%,
• Detect Concealment 60%,
• I.D. Plants and Animals 88%,
• Intelligence 80% (+10% when dealing with Gargoyles and Brodkil),
• Land Navigation 88%,
• Prowl 85%,
• Tailing (people or vehicles) 95%,
• Tracking People 88%,
• Wilderness Survival 80%.
Weapon Systems:
• None
The Dangerous Icky'eow
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Oculus » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:47 pm

JIC: 1d20 = 181d100 = 7
Perc: 24% / 1d100 = 42

Eating his meal thoughtfully as the old man explains his past and happenstance to be here in Frieburg, Oculus nods considerately between swallows when he cannot speak to confirm his understanding. Working on his his bowl the giant thanks the Priest, well aware that the man did not shy from serving such a great portion to a single being.

At the mention of the All Father the druid nods having passing familiarity with the name. They were not far from the Gaelic gods that reside in the other world, the Tuatha Dé Danann. He had never met or spoken to them, but their magic was the hand that guided his own works in herbalism.

Solemnly the Scathach states,"I am on my own road not unlike yours, but chosen by your All Father or self, such a road I hope is your wish. No mistake in youth should rule fate until you reach the otherworld, unless you choose it to be."

As Ol'Magnus explains patiently his answers to Oculus, the giant finishes his bowl staring at the remaining pool at the bottom with his eye wondering, How small a scrying pool could there be before it no longer provided insight to the otherworld's answers?" Grunting away his minds wondering questions Oculus uses his finger against the bowl's side to clean up the last dregs, liking his finger clean before starting to rise from his haunches, gesturing to Ol'Magnus with his hand if the elder man were done.

Taking both bowls to the Priest the giant greets him,"You are of generous spirit my friend. I am in thanks to have enjoyed your meal." Wiping his dirtied hand against his plain wool clothing Oculus puts a finger out and gently shakes with the Priest's hand continuing,"Send word to the Druid's if you should be in need of provisioning, I will ensure that your kitchen at the least may always feed the hungry." Giving Ol'Magnus a curious look Oculus starts to step away from the Priest before stating finally,"I will return and we shall talk of having a great feast!" Smiling widely Oculus bows appreciatively.

Leading Ol'Magnus away Oculus comes to stop in their journey to his allies resting a pensive eye upon the deteriorating man,"Tell me, how did you come to find me and know my unspoken purpose?" Nodding back toward the kitchen Oculus states,"I did not speak of dark things before, but only of food and the peoples needs, yet you knew what dark cloud hung over my head."

Waiting Oculus will only take the man to his allies if the answer is suitable as he was wishful to believe in others good intentions, however gullible trust was what lead him to the Blood druids. Asking his question now, he did not wish to lead such to the threshold of his allies, nor the enemy to learn what they had found in his absence from them.
Oculus

--------------
Oculus
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:09 pm

Perception: 1d20+5 = 17 (additional +4 for tech)
D20 JiC: 1d20 = 17/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 38

Ganon weaves his way through the tunnels towards Icky scanning and viewing the materials with his thermal to get a better idea of the construction. There is little information on these tunnels. Perhaps I can put together something for the database to aid future development. These tunnels are a far more extensive structure than exists on the surface. Ganan thinks.

Arriving to Inky he is immediately accosted by the crab-like being.

((“Friend ganon!! Me is happy you here. Big one eye asked for things to bring for feast. Me no know what need so me ask and told dishes. So me talk to lady there *points at merchant* she say 1 credit per plate. Me no know how many we wanting, but me haves no monies to trade with, and lady no want trade for repairs. Me no understand.”))

Icky’s voice comes out over a translator very ruff but Ganon thinks he understands the crab. Deciphering what he was on about he ascertains he was talking about Oculus and his pot. Hmm, I did help him make that oversize thing so that is probably what he is on about. he ponders.

”Plates? Well that pot can hold a lot my friend, easily 100 or 200 gallons I think. Bowls is what I think he needs more than plates.” Ganon offers the advice to the crab before looking over the woman’s material wares.

”One credit each? Hmmm. How about I offer an exchange instead Ma’am?” Ganon asks acting the polite officer. [Trust: 75% /1d100 = 92] [Charm: 15%/1d100 = 19] ”My associate seems to be bent on setting up a soup kitchen and requires utensils to serve the meals. How about if you provide the initial utensils you have here you get to eat three meals a day for as long as the kitchen is serving? Perhaps you can find additional business opportunities as he expands the kitchen?” [Trust: 75% /1d100 = 37] [Charm: 15%/1d100 = 39]Ganon offers not bothering to tell her everyone will get the free meals anyways, The value of a good meal is far more than a few credits. he thinks certain she will take him up on it.

At the very least later she might be able to come to a financial agreement as the kitchen expands. Perhaps assist him in management? he thinks but that is outside the scope of his responsibilities to really consider any more seriously than that.
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Kelly Kellogg » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Perception 66%: 1d100 = 62
JIC d20: 1d20 = 11
JIC d100: 1d100 = 38

Conditions: Withdrawals (-5% to all skills)

Prudence holds up her evidence sample to Astra's find. "I believe we should. I know you're tough, but unless whatever is down there would be kind enough to get in front of my hovertruck, you'll need real backup." The scholar looks in the opening Astra found and visibly shudders. Tiny little spaces. And me crawling out of my skin. What a great combo, Kelly.

If Prudence's knuckles were visible, one might get worried about the pale whiteness of the deathgrip she has on her pistol, but Prudence is wearing armor, so who's going to notice that anyway?

The wait for the others to arrive is a million years to Prudence, no matter how long it actually is. The junkie is about ready to offer to lead the way in just to get back to her lab and her fix.

OOC Comments
Kelly Kellogg
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:37 am

A Meeting of the Technicians

Gannon and Icky meet near the old orcish woman peddling her wares. Icky explains what he's trying to do and Gannon sees if he can help. After laying on the charm and giving the lady the salesman speech about receiving exposure for her work by just giving the bowls to the feast, nets him a response. "No, One credit a bowl like I told your Crab friend a few minutes ago. Exposure and possible clientele doesn't pay for my rent."

CSI Frieburg
Astra, Kelly, and Ingrid stand alone in a musty disused section of the underground. After discovering a few clues the two of them confer as to what to do next. It seems to be that Astra is confident she could follow the trail, and Kelly believes her, but Kelly isn't confident in their ability to deal with whatever is on the other side of the trek. Ingrid is quiet for most of this and just tries hard to stay out of the adventuring types way.

Rotten Old Man

As the eat stew, Oculus' compliments to the old orcish priest receive thanks. Oculus' offer of Druidic help in provisioning gets further praise and thanks from the old-orc priest. When Oculus turns his attention back to Ol'Magnus, he finds the old man looking at his bowl.

Oculus wrote:,"I am on my own road not unlike yours, but chosen by your All Father or self, such a road I hope is your wish. No mistake in youth should rule fate until you reach the otherworld, unless you choose it to be."

Ol'Magnus shrugs. "Some Gods teach harsh lessons. I am not entirely sure that I have learned mine yet." Ol'Magnus says with a soft chuckle.

Oculus wrote:,"Tell me, how did you come to find me and know my unspoken purpose? I did not speak of dark things before, but only of food and the peoples needs, yet you knew what dark cloud hung over my head."

Ol'Magnus nods at the question. "The easiest answer is the All Father told me, but it's slightly more or less complicated. As I've said with you earlier, I have been tracking him for longer than you've been alive. When I scryed him recently I saw you and you're companions in my visions. So when I saw you talking with the Christian Priest, I knew I was on the right track." Ol'Magnus says without breaking stride.

Strangers in a Strange Land
Faust and Diomedes have been traveling together for a short while, having met in the very northern reaches of the pre-rifts country of Switzerland. After a few misadventures the duo found themselves in the small southern city of Frieburg. It's here that Diomedes gets word of an ancient man who may have information on the swords he seeks. He seems to be in an area known as the Untergrund. The Duo find the area with little fanfare, but find that the who place has a palpable aura of despair that supersedes even the usual malaise of urban blight. Something evil stalks these tunnels. It's as they turn a corner that they see an unusual sight, a suit of NGR armor seemingly having a conversation with a Junkcrab.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Diomedes » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:30 am

Notice: 26% vs 1d100 = 95 (Signs/Presence of: +30% Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 1, 1d100 = 82

Temporary Abilities: Sustain - 3 days

Three weeks ago...

The blue light of the leyline bathes the faces of a huge towering anglo featured man and almost comically small in comparision woman with asian features standing in a small grove of trees. The woman begins chanting and weaving her hands pulling forth the magical energy of the nexus. A white seam appears suspended in the air, she pulls at it mentally and it expands into a rift 10' tall. Through the opening snow peaked moutains appear in the distance along with a forest, the light of the moon shining down upon them. The portal itself has opened onto a small meadow.

From a distance, the man could be mistaken for an Ogre, his hulking body bulging with muscle. However instead of looking grotesque, he looks like a graceful statue come to life, all perfectly complementing his handsome face. He turns towards the woman, "Thank you Hitomi, your hospitality has been most appreciated these last few months." He reaches down and embraces her in a bear hug. She smiles as he lifts her off the ground effortlessly, and gives him a small kiss on his forehead.

"You are most welcome, Dékatos Diomedes, I hope you find the other blades. Hideo meant for the weapons to be used not to be hidden away by the foes of the light," Hitomi says. "Now put me down, I can only hold the rift open for a few minutes."

He sets her down gently, and picks up his pack and rifle. "I will see you again," he says as he steps through the rift. He turns and waves at her, she waves back. Then the rip in space-time is gone. The man turns to look at his surroundings, not sensing any immediate threats. The man puts his hand over his shoulder as if he were scratching it. Near him,two shapes begin to form on the ground near him. The first appears like a giant cat, the other a large predatory bird. "Go!" Diomedes commands. The harpy eagle takes flight, while the jaguar, pads off towards the forest. He follows. He finds a tree and quickly climbs and finds a limb large enough for him to hold his weight. He leans back against the trunk and closes his eyes. He falls asleep knowing that his magical animals will wake him if something approaches.

Weeks later...

Most of Diomedes gear was gone, given away to the various townsfolk he'd met as he traveled south. Their need was greater than his. He'd been able to pick up a light laser pistol of Triax design.

He'd found it good fortune to have met with the Lemurian mage. Their combination of physical and magical abilities allowing them no small success in defeating the supernatural evil that pervades this area of Europe.

Finding Frieburg is a welcome respite. Diomedes wanted to find the old man who he'd heard might have a clue for his quest. Entering the Untergrund, the sight of a soldier conversing causally with a giant crab is a bit of a surprise for him. He grins at the sight of the two being able to coexist apparently peacefully.

Euro: 75% vs 1d100 = 19 | Pass

Diomedes turns towards Faust, "Well, this is a scene that I could not have predicted." He raises his voice and waves towards the unlikely pair, in Euro he says, "Hello there, is this the Untergrund?"

Other than his height and handsome face, Diomedes true nature is not readily apparent; a large loose shirt covers his chest and back along with the leather wristguards on his forearms. Other than a pistol at his waist and a set of wooden spikes across his chest, he appears to be wearing no armor or carrying any heavy weapons.
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 249
Sense Vampires: 600'
Diomedes

Next

Return to Eurasia Adventure Forum