Vauban (Eco District)

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Vauban (Eco District)

Postby Aether » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Before the Rifts the Vauban was a hotbed of eco friendly activity. The entire neighbourhood was designed to be zero emission, powered by renewable energy, and integrated with the local biosphere. This environmental approach allowed the area to survive the apocalypse relatively unscathed. The area is now populated with the oldest citizens of town but also has become a settling place for Elves, fairies, and other creatures of magic who enjoy being with nature. The influx of magical creatures has added a new mystic focus to the area making it an oasis for magic users, druids, and others.

1. Zaubershop (Magic Shop):
2. ElfeHause (Elf Home):
3. DruidSchlafe (Druidic Temple):
4. Universitat (University):
Aether

Re: Vauban (Eco District)

Postby Diomedes » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 am

Notice: 29% vs 1d100 = 94 (Signs/Presence of: +30% Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 17, 1d100 = 4

Stats
  • M.D.C.: 264/264
  • P.P.E.: 258/258
  • Spd: 75'/action
Vampire Hunting Abilities
  • Bonuses when fighting Vampires: +15% Perception vs Undead, +2 Initiative, +1 Strike/Parry/Dodge, +2 Strike Impale/Stake the heart, +2 vs Insanity +3 vs HF (Vampires, Protectors and summoned animals) +1 Possession
  • Gut Feelings, Hunches and Realizations Involving Vampires
  • Bad Feeling that something is not right: 50% (+5%) - On success +1 Initiative and +5% Perception
  • Feeling that vampires are around or exerting control and influence over a community--69% (+3%)
  • Finding and recognizing evidence of the undead's presence or involvement--69% (+3%)
  • Hunch that someone is a vampire servant, henchman or assassin--55% (+5%)
  • Recognize Vampire Mind Slave--69% (+3%)
  • Recognize Wild Vampire--93% (+3%)
  • Recognize Secondary Vampire--69% (+3%)
  • Recognize Master Vampire--59% (+3%)
  • Guess Vampire's lair based on knowledge of undead and reports of vampire's activities and other evidence--29% (+3%)
  • Find actual lair or coffin at suspected location--54% (+3%)
  • Lore: Vampires 79% (+3%)
  • Vampire Combat: Knows all vampire weakness, vulnerabilities, tactics, methods of attack, defenses, etc.
      Resistance vs Vampire Seduction: +2 vs Pheromone-based trance (+1 @ 5, 7, 11, 15)
      Resistance vs Vampire Mind Control: +1
      Resistance vs Vampire Hypnotic Suggestion: +2
  • Sense Vampires: Automatic 600', cannot pinpoint location
  • Command Trust and Leadership
  • Calm and direct civilians: 50/level
  • Settle nerves of a small squad fighting force: 10+1d6/level. On success all non-Undead Slayers receive +1 Initiative, +1 Horror Factor if Undead Slayer within 250'

Temporary Abilities:

Charm/Impress: 45% vs 1d100 = 87 | Nope
Diomedes breathes in the air, enjoying the smells of the natural landscape. He greets people on the street and introduces himself, "Hello, my name is Diomedes, I am new to this town. how are you?"

He eventually ends up at the Zaubershop. "Greetings! I have some items that I have acquired recently, I know what they are, but not a clear idea of what they are worth. Would you be able to help me?" He smiles at the shopkeeper. He puts his sack down on the counter and carefully lays out one piece at a time for inspection. Now what can you tell me?

Bio-wizard Dagger
Dragon's Tooth Dagger
Enchanted Knife
Talisman of Armor
Talisman of Escape
Talisman of Heal Wounds
Potion of Healing (Superior)
Diomedes, EP Record

M.D.C.: 249
Sense Vampires: 600'
Diomedes

Postby Icky'Eow » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 am

((ROLLS HELD))

SKILLS USED -
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 60% / 1d100 = 58 - to check out items in shop
Recognize Weapon Quality 50% / 1d100 = 80 - to check out items in shop
Undersea Salvage 65% / 1d100 = 84 - to identify undersea weapons
Recycle 60% / 1d100 = 67 - look for things to add to shell as he walks
Salvage 60% / 1d100 = 84 - look for things to add to shell as he walks

Wearing
Bio-skin Terrain Suit with a tacky hawaiian shirt, a set of mismatched homemade traveling shorts (2 pair old cargo shorts sewn together to make 1 set for 4 legs) over top of the suit, and a baseball cap

Along the way. Icky makes sure his outfit is clean and not to wrinkled. ((“This pretty. Need more water, but nice.”)) He lets out happy little chirps and squeaks as they move along. When diomedes greets people, Icky gives a little wave of his hand. All the while, still typing away on his handheld. ((OOC: picture a teen walking with a cellphone))

Upon entering the shop, Icky lets diomedes speak. He wanders the store. ”! need a weapon. All i have is my trident. Good for hunting, not combat. My dad’s files spoke of people from the ocean that made tridents and nets. What were they? Horune and...umm...Nautyll? Something like that.” He then looks around for a net and/or trident.
The Dangerous Icky'eow

OOC Comments
Conditions: Nightvision 400 ft, Chemoreceptors (68/48 to track other scents - [dice]1d100[/dice]), Sense magic (range: 120 ft / dur: 0 mins 00 sec - 0 rds), armor of ithan (dur: 0/12 rds / MDC: 30), Telemechanic Mental Operation (Duration: 8/8 rds; What is currently linked - Pixel/ shell )

PPE: 120 / 120 (at end of this post)
ISP: 79 / 79 (at end of this post)

M.D.C. by Location:
Head & Neck - 40 (triple if wears a helmet and armor along the neck).
Hands (2) - (L) 30 / 30 - (R) 30 / 30
Arms (2) - (L) 55 / 55 - (R) 55 / 55
Legs (4)- (front L) 115 / 115 - (Front R) 115 / 115 - (Rear L) 115 / 115 - (Rear R) 115 / 115
Main Body (without shell)- 46

Wearing
Bio-skin Terrain Suit with a tacky hawaiian shirt, a set of mismatched homemade traveling shorts (2 pair old cargo shorts sewn together to make 1 set for 4 legs) over top of the suit, and a baseball cap with CAF harness over that. Patron grenade launcher is slung on back
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:47 am

Diomedes wrote:Diomedes breathes in the air, enjoying the smells of the natural landscape. He greets people on the street and introduces himself, "Hello, my name is Diomedes, I am new to this town. how are you?"

Diomedes receives a few smiles, but most people ignore him.

Diomedes wrote:He eventually ends up at the Zaubershop. "Greetings! I have some items that I have acquired recently, I know what they are, but not a clear idea of what they are worth. Would you be able to help me?" He smiles at the shopkeeper. He puts his sack down on the counter and carefully lays out one piece at a time for inspection.

OOC Comments
Bio-wizard Dagger
Dragon's Tooth Dagger
Enchanted Knife
Talisman of Armor
Talisman of Escape
Talisman of Heal Wounds
Potion of Healing (Superior)

The proprietor is a young looking elf male, who is wearing the clothes of a craftsman with a leather apron. "Well for appraisals It's one hundred credits an item, and it will likely take me till tomorrow to appraise the items." The proprietor says with the casualness of repetition.

Icky'Eow wrote:Upon entering the shop, Icky lets diomedes speak. He wanders the store. ”! need a weapon. All i have is my trident. Good for hunting, not combat. My dad’s files spoke of people from the ocean that made tridents and nets. What were they? Horune and...umm...Nautyll? Something like that.” He then looks around for a net and/or trident.

The proprietor looks at Icky. "Those are rather specific and well strange requests. Let me check my inventory real quick." The elf says before heading to the back of the shop. Several minutes pass before he returns. "I actually have neither nets or tridents in stock. I suppose I could craft one custom for you, but it is a pricey option."
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Diomedes » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Notice: 29% vs 1d100 = 85 (Signs/Presence of: +30% Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 8, 1d100 = 13

Stats
  • Bonuses when fighting Vampires: +15% Perception vs Undead, +2 Initiative, +1 Strike/Parry/Dodge, +2 Strike Impale/Stake the heart, +2 vs Insanity +3 vs HF (Vampires, Protectors and summoned animals) +1 Possession
  • Bad Feeling that something is not right: 50% (+5%) - On success +1 Initiative and +5% Perception
  • Feeling that vampires are around or exerting control and influence over a community--69% (+3%)
  • Finding and recognizing evidence of the undead's presence or involvement--69% (+3%)
  • Guess Vampire's lair based on knowledge of undead and reports of vampire's activities and other evidence--29% (+3%)
  • Vampire Combat: Knows all vampire weakness, vulnerabilities, tactics, methods of attack, defenses, etc.
      Resistance vs Vampire Seduction: +2 vs Pheromone-based trance (+1 @ 5, 7, 11, 15)
  • Settle nerves of a small squad fighting force: 10+1d6/level. On success all non-Undead Slayers receive +1 Initiative, +1 Horror Factor if Undead Slayer within 250'

Temporary Abilities:

Shopkeep wrote:The proprietor is a young looking elf male, who is wearing the clothes of a craftsman with a leather apron. "Well for appraisals It's one hundred credits an item, and it will likely take me till tomorrow to appraise the items." The proprietor says with the casualness of repetition.

Either with gold/silver or the card, Diomedes transacts the 700 credits for the seven items. "Excellent shopkeep! It shall be money well spent I am sure." Spreading some money around town, doing business will be good for everyone now that people don't have to hide from that monster we dispatched.

Icky'Eow wrote:Upon entering the shop, Icky lets diomedes speak. He wanders the store. ”! need a weapon. All i have is my trident. Good for hunting, not combat. My dad’s files spoke of people from the ocean that made tridents and nets. What were they? Horune and...umm...Nautyll? Something like that.” He then looks around for a net and/or trident.

Shopkeep wrote:The proprietor looks at Icky. "Those are rather specific and well strange requests. Let me check my inventory real quick." The elf says before heading to the back of the shop. Several minutes pass before he returns. "I actually have neither nets or tridents in stock. I suppose I could craft one custom for you, but it is a pricey option."

Lore: Demons & Monsters 65% vs 1d100 = 41 | Pass | Weapons of the Brodkil and Gargoyles

"Friend Icky'Eow, perhaps a spear would be useful. I believe that the sub demons in these parts, the Brodkill and Gargoyles some times use them," the large man says. He turns to the shopkeeper, "What useful artifacts do you carry?"

While the shopkeeper busies himself, Diomedes chats with Icky, "Magic weapons and armor are always useful, but I do believe, I need to actually find something more mundane. A laser rifle or some sort of projectile weapon is always useful when you want to keep the enemy at a distance. Once we are done here, lets look for a weapon supplier. Perhaps we need to also find some communication gear. When it was just Faust and I, a radio wasn't necessary, but now that there are more of us, being able to stay in contact when separated is a necessity."
Diomedes, EP Record

Diomedes

Postby Icky'Eow » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:17 am

JIC D20 1d20-2 = 12
JIC D100 1d20-2 = 9
Perc: 62% 1d100-10 = -9 (+30 to detect surprise attacks and to find salvage)

Conditions: Nightvision 400 ft, Chemoreceptors (68/48 to track other scents - 1d100 = 80), Sense magic (range: 120 ft / dur: 0 mins 00 sec - 0 rds), armor of ithan (dur: 0/12 rds / MDC: 30), Telemechanic Mental Operation (Duration: 8/8 rds; What is currently linked at the beginning of the post - Pixel/ shell )

SKILLS USED -
N/A

Wearing
Bio-skin Terrain Suit with a tacky hawaiian shirt, a set of mismatched homemade traveling shorts (2 pair old cargo shorts sewn together to make 1 set for 4 legs) over top of the suit, and a baseball cap

The proprietor looks at Icky. "Those are rather specific and well strange requests. Let me check my inventory real quick." The elf says before heading to the back of the shop. Several minutes pass before he returns. "I actually have neither nets or tridents in stock. I suppose I could craft one custom for you, but it is a pricey option."

((”Huh?? *slaps hand over mouth* Me say out loud or you read mind?”)) Icky stares with one eyestalk at the shop keep as he moves to the back room. To those watching, it is a mix of childishly humourous and creepy, all at once. ”me will watch!” He then uses the other eye to look over at Diomedes as he speaks.

"Friend Icky'Eow, perhaps a spear would be useful. I believe that the sub demons in these parts, the Brodkill and Gargoyles some times use them," the large man says.

Icky get a sheepish look on his face as he listens to his new friend. ((“Me no use spears. Only dad’s trident and nets from fishing, and blunt things. Mom showed guns so know if fixed.” He shakes his head. ’I need to reprogram this frakking thing. I am sick of sounding like an idiot.” while the shopkeep is in the back, Icky tries Telemechanics to tweak his translator. As he works, he remembers something. ((“Me sorry. I no meet Friend ganon when say meet. I late. I go? Me bad.”)) While the psi and tech work, Icky heads out the door. As soon as he steps outside, he stops dead. He steps to the side of the door and triggers his radio. ((”Friend ganon. Me forget. Me sorry. Where i go to see you?”))

http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=415&t=16287&p=1361079#p1361079
Last edited by Icky'Eow on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dangerous Icky'eow

OOC Comments
Conditions: Nightvision 400 ft, Chemoreceptors (68/48 to track other scents - [dice]1d100[/dice]), Sense magic (range: 120 ft / dur: 0 mins 00 sec - 0 rds), armor of ithan (dur: 0/12 rds / MDC: 30), Telemechanic Mental Operation (Duration: 8/8 rds; What is currently linked - Pixel/ shell )

M.D.C. by Location:
Head & Neck - 40 (triple if wears a helmet and armor along the neck).
Hands (2) - (L) 30 / 30 - (R) 30 / 30
Arms (2) - (L) 55 / 55 - (R) 55 / 55
Legs (4)- (front L) 115 / 115 - (Front R) 115 / 115 - (Rear L) 115 / 115 - (Rear R) 115 / 115
Main Body (without shell)- 46

Wearing
Bio-skin Terrain Suit with a tacky hawaiian shirt, a set of mismatched homemade traveling shorts (2 pair old cargo shorts sewn together to make 1 set for 4 legs) over top of the suit, and a baseball cap with CAF harness over that. Patron grenade launcher is slung on back
Icky'Eow
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:28 pm

Skills
Diomedes: Lore: Demons & Monsters: The Brodkil and Gargoyles are known to use some magic items, though the ones that seem to assault the NGR on the regular are more likely to carry technological weaponry versus magical. Seems their reserves of magic are limited at best.

Diomedes wrote:Either with gold/silver or the card, Diomedes transacts the 700 credits for the seven items. "Excellent shopkeep! It shall be money well spent I am sure."

The proprietor nods and takes Diomedes money. "As soon as our business is concluded I shall work to identify the items." The elf says with a warm smile.

Diomedes wrote:"Friend Icky'Eow, perhaps a spear would be useful. I believe that the sub demons in these parts, the Brodkill and Gargoyles some times use them," the large man says. He turns to the shopkeeper, "What useful artifacts do you carry?"

Tilting his head to the side. "I have a modest collection of magical items, from weapons and armor to more esoteric items. It may be easier to tell you if I have a particular grouping of items versus a generic list of my wares." The shopkeep says, obviously having answered similar questions before.

Icky'Eow wrote:((”Huh?? *slaps hand over mouth* Me say out loud or you read mind?”)) Icky stares with one eyestalk at the shop keep as he moves to the back room. To those watching, it is a mix of childishly humourous and creepy, all at once. ”me will watch!” He then uses the other eye to look over at Diomedes as he speaks.

The elf looks a bit sheepish. "My apologies, it's a fault of mine. I sometimes read surface thoughts, it's not intentional." The proprietor says apologetically.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Diomedes » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:03 pm

Notice: 29% vs 1d100 = 49 (Signs/Presence of: +30% Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 11, 1d100 = 14

Stats

Temporary Abilities:

Icky'Eow wrote:Icky get a sheepish look on his face as he listens to his new friend. ((“Me no use spears. Only dad’s trident and nets from fishing, and blunt things. Mom showed guns so know if fixed.” He shakes his head. ’I need to reprogram this frakking thing. I am sick of sounding like an idiot.” while the shopkeep is in the back, Icky tries Telemechanics to tweak his translator. As he works, he remembers something. ((“Me sorry. I no meet Friend ganon when say meet. I late. I go? Me bad.”)) While the psi and tech work, Icky heads out the door. As soon as he steps outside, he stops dead. He steps to the side of the door and triggers his radio. ((”Friend ganon. Me forget. Me sorry. Where i go to see you?”))

Consumer wrote:Tilting his head to the side. "I have a modest collection of magical items, from weapons and armor to more esoteric items. It may be easier to tell you if I have a particular grouping of items versus a generic list of my wares." The shopkeep says, obviously having answered similar questions before.

Icky'Eow wrote:((”Huh?? *slaps hand over mouth* Me say out loud or you read mind?”)) Icky stares with one eyestalk at the shop keep as he moves to the back room. To those watching, it is a mix of childishly humourous and creepy, all at once. ”me will watch!” He then uses the other eye to look over at Diomedes as he speaks.

The elf looks a bit sheepish. "My apologies, it's a fault of mine. I sometimes read surface thoughts, it's not intentional." The proprietor says apologetically.

"So long friend Icky'Eow, I will see you perhaps at our home," the large man shakes his head as the crab man leaves.

Turning back to the elf, he adds, "He is a strange fellow, and comes from the deep ocean, why he has decided to live above the surface is still a mystery to me." A smile crosses Diomedes face as he says this. Perhaps he searches for something as well.

Reads thoughts? Diomedes turn back to what the shopkeeper has said, Then perhaps he knows about what I search, though back in Manoa, most of the psychics thought I was particularly hard to read. "Well, as I said to my many legged friend before he left, I probably need a rifle. "What type of ranged weaponry do you have? Anything that can disable or stun an opponent rather than kill?" he says as he peruses the tables. When he gets to the blade weapons, he lifts each gently and examines them, "But, the reason I am here in Freiburg, is that I hunt for a weapon that is the bane of the undead. Perhaps you've heard any rumors of it?"
Diomedes, EP Record

Diomedes

Postby Consumer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:48 pm

Diomedes wrote:"What type of ranged weaponry do you have? Anything that can disable or stun an opponent rather than kill?" he says as he peruses the tables. When he gets to the blade weapons, he lifts each gently and examines them, "But, the reason I am here in Freiburg, is that I hunt for a weapon that is the bane of the undead. Perhaps you've heard any rumors of it?"

The proprietor shrugs. "There are a few items designed to incapacitate rather than kill. I may have one in the back, but I would have to look. As for a weapon that is the bane of Undead?" The elf shrugs. "There are several in historical text, so again if you could be more specific, I may be able to answer your question more fully."

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:53 pm

Perception:85% 1d100 = 43 (additional +20% for tech)

OOC Comments
15+3/lvl, Int+10, EP +25%, Bionic Hearing +15%, Combat Computer +5% (Following bonuses in Power Armor or NGR Mechanic Night Vision: +15% at night only, Multi-Optic (3 or more optic features): +15%, Motion Detector: +5%, Radar: +5%

D20 JiC: 1d20 = 11/ D100 JiC: 1d100 = 96
Jury-Rig 95% /1d100 = 74
Vehicle Armorer 80% /1d100 = 23
Mechanical Engineer 75% /1d100 = 26
Weapons Engineer 75% /1d100 = 1

Ganon walks along the streets having left his PA behind at their new home. He looks around at the town, its streets, and the humans and D-bees occupying them. They go about mingling and conducting their days business. How oblivious they seem. Ganon thinks knowing full well they were not. Life was hard on the frontiers and they have a scoop and a half of overflowing shit to deal with on a daily basis. One gets hardened to it. But Ganon finds himself more optimistic about it than he would admit. It has been a while since he has been in one place for any amount of time and the distraction of the team shielded him from the recent losses of his squadron and friends. Starting over is good and it is sometimes best when you don’t get the choice. It makes the guilt hurt less, much less.

“Friend Ganon. Me forget. Me sorry. Where i go to see you?” the broken English comes over Ganon's internal radio.
The junk crabs radio breaks him from his musings. ”That is a good question.", the mechanic says aloud to himself from inside his NGR mechanic armor. ”You needed some parts right? There is a public dump that has probably some stuff you could use. I’ll meet you there. Afterward we might take a look at the military dump but that might be off limits. Ganon out.“ Ganon radio’s the crab sending him the location.

Ganon will assist Icky in finding whatever he needs for his shell and look for materials that can easily be used to build a metal wall/fence and gate around the camp.
Stabshauptmann Ganon Adalrik
Languages: N:Euro,Techno-Can
P.P.E.: 8/8 | H.P.: 24/24 | S.D.C.: 27/27
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Diomedes » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Notice: 29% vs 1d100 = 14 (Signs/Presence of: +30% Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 16, 1d100 = 41

Stats

Temporary Abilities:

Elf wrote:The proprietor shrugs. "There are a few items designed to incapacitate rather than kill. I may have one in the back, but I would have to look. As for a weapon that is the bane of Undead?" The elf shrugs. "There are several in historical text, so again if you could be more specific, I may be able to answer your question more fully."

History: Pre-Rifts 35% vs 1d100 = 85 | Know about the stories the elf tells. | Fail
History: Post-Apocalyptic 36% vs 1d100 = 29 | Know about the stories the elf tells. | Pass

Multiple items, interesting, but this sounds more like general information that solid leads, still, if there are other weapons as pussiant, then they are worth finding, the large man thinks. "Well, if you know other items, I'd am interested in hearing the tales. What I am looking for is a blade," he holds out his hands to approximate the size, "a katana made in the land of Japan by a fellow known as Hideo the Mad. The blade is known as the Ghostly Katana of Soul Slaying. It is not a fabled soul drinking rune weapon from what I have been able to find out. But the blade ignores the material able to sever the unnatural connection the undead have with the mockery of life they have been given. My research has said that there may be one hidden here near the Tree of Darkness, which is why I have come to this land."

"When I return tomorrow to pick up the items I've left with you to appraise, I would like to see what you have in regards to those items that can disable an enemy rather than hurt them," Diomedes says.
Diomedes, EP Record

Diomedes

Postby Consumer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:12 am

A day passes and Diomedes arrives back at the shop. The Elf looks up from the counter and quickly pulls a shallow tray containing the items left for appraisal. "I've appraised the items you've given me, most are relatively trivial enchanted items, while one is a creation of evil." The proprietor says with downcast eyes.

Items Appraised
Demon Claw Blade (5 million credits)
Dragon's Tooth Dagger (I'm hunting for this one, Worst case scenario I have to replace it with another item)
Enchanted Knife (40,000 credits)
Talisman of Armor (20,000 Credits)
Talisman of Escape (20,000 Credits)
Talisman of Heal Wounds (20,000 Credits)
Potion of Healing (Superior) (4,800 credits)

The proprietor pulls a few objects up from beneath the counter. "Here are the items I have available for sale." The elf says motioning a hand towards the items.

TW snare gun

"This pistol is a techno-wizard creation I acquired from some foreign travelers. I've tested the weapon to find it creates a sticky magic net instead of a lethal payload. It requires a certain amount of magical or psychic skill to operate and power. Though given your nature I think you'll be fine in that regard." The elf says with a smile. "It can be yours for the price of a hundred and seventy-five thousand credits." The proprietor says before moving onto the other items on the counter.

Goblin Grenades

"These are called Goblin Grenades, why I am unsure. They too are a techno-wizard construction. Apparently there is a variety of types, but I only have these ones available." Holding one up Diomedes can see a goblin face with sunglasses on it. "This one causes a blinding flash of light. It's four thousand."

The elf sets the grenade down and picks up the next. The grenade has the face of a screaming goblin. "This one causes fear and is also four thousand, I have two of these ones." he elf says before grabbing the last one which looks like a goblin covered in glue. "This one is a carpet of adhesion and costs sixteen thousand credits." The elf sets the grenade down and looks back to Diomedes. "Are any of interest to you?"

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Diomedes » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:29 pm

Notice: 29% vs 1d100 = 10 (Signs/Presence of: +30% Vampires/Undead, +20% Demons/Monsters)
JIC: 1d20 = 15, 1d100 = 98

Stats

Temporary Abilities:

Diomedes enters the shop with a smile, but then quickly scowls as the shopkeeper mentions that the Demon Claw Blade is a creation of evil. "Yes, my friend. The blade is foul. It is both a bane and a blessing that it is worth so much. A blessing that few could afford to purchase it, and a bane that it would make many attempt to steal it. For the moment I will need to take heart that in my possession, it can do no further harm."

He carefully returns all the items to the sack he brought for that purpose. As he does, he asks, "So which of these would you consider buying, and at what price?"

Potentially, if we were to sell all of this at face value, 15,104,800 credits plus the million in gold and silver and credits. The group appears to have no formal arrangement, so between the 6 of us, that would be about 2.5 million a piece. Realistically, we'd probably only get 25% of face value, so about 3.7 million, that would put the shares at about 791,000. Hmm. But the two demon blades are unsellable. Diomedes tries not grimace in front of the elf as he mentally calculates.

I can't see them agreeing to let me have both blades as my share... the large man's thoughts trail off as the elf pulls the pistol and grenades from under his counter.

Diomedes nods in appreciation as he looks at the new items on the counter. "Yes, these are exactly the kinds of things I would like. I am no merchant, so the prices do seem high. But if they are from across the ocean I can see why." Diomedes does some quick math, "For the lot then, that would total two hundred and three thousand, correct? If were to take all of them, would you be willing to part with them for one hundred and fifty thousand? Those with the credits in this town to buy these types of items must be few and far between." He only attempts to haggle once once with the vendor, knowing that he too must make a living.

In any event, Diomedes ends with, "Please hold them for me for the day. With an idea of what these items," he hefts the bag, "are worth, my team and I can decide on what each of us has to spend. Thank you, sir."

I need to convince my team to destroy these two blades. Perhaps I should see if a direct method would work and use my own magical blade to see if I can break the blade and thus end it's enchantment. Perhaps Oculus might know of a better way. Otherwise, the elders in Manoa must know of a way, Diomedes contemplates as he heads back to the camp.

To the Camp
Diomedes, EP Record

Diomedes

Postby Ganon Adalrik » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:52 pm

My post, unfortunately, wasn't addressed. I also wasn't told a new location of Scrapyard was created either and that this thread was no longer the appropriate location for scrapyard posts. Ganon will move to Camp from here to continue on.
Stabshauptmann Ganon Adalrik
Languages: N:Euro,Techno-Can
P.P.E.: 8/8 | H.P.: 24/24 | S.D.C.: 27/27
ImageImage
Ganon Adalrik
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Return to Eurasia Adventure Forum