GM: Dark Lord
AGM: Dime Store Magic

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

ROLL 20 Game Schedule & Policies

Postby Augur » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Roll20 Game Schedule

Online Calendar

Rules of Thumb
  • The first hour is mostly concerned with addressing technical issues, getting all the players together, and the like.
  • I only cancel the game if there are less than four players at 8pm.
  • We play until 11 PM.

Basic Schedule Format
  • Savage Rifts: 1st Saturday of each month. Contact SGT 86Delta on Savage Rifts for details.
  • Game Slot #1: 2nd Saturday of each month.
  • Game Slot #2: 3rd Saturday of each month.
  • Game Slot #3: 4th Saturday of each month.

ALL TIMES ARE POSTED IN CST.

October
  • 19th @ 8PM: Halloween Special: Hadeshill Abandoned Asylum (Beyond the Supernatural one-shot adventure)

November
  • 10th @ 7PM: Heroes Unlimited: Operation Endzeiten (Session 14)
  • 17th @ 7PM: Palladium Fantasy: The Eastern Borderlands (Session 16)
  • 24th @ 7PM: Rifts: Humble Origins (Session 9)

December
  • 8th @ 7PM: Heroes Unlimited: Operation Endzeiten (Session 15)
  • 15th @ 7PM: Palladium Fantasy: The Eastern Borderlands (Session 17)
  • 22nd @ 7PM: Rifts: Humble Origins (Session 10)
Augur
Admin

Re: ROLL 20 Game Schedule

Postby Augur » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:41 am

Augur's Roll 20 Policies

1) Make sure you have a mic! Webcams are entirely optional, but it's always fun to see one another's faces when the unexpected occurs.

2) Attending a full session will earn you 1 Benny and 1 XP.
    2.1) If you don't play a full session, you can choose either 1 Benny or 1 XP, but won't receive both.

3) When a player reaches 3/3 XP, he can either:
    • Roll-up a new character or
    • Tweak the pre-gen he's already playing, level it up, and claim it as his own (permanently).
    3.1) Once "leveled up" a player can create his own character--instead of playing the pre-gen with which new players start.
    3.2) Character creation will be per standard EU rules (forum die-rolled attributes, etc.).
    3.3) Character class restrictions will vary according to the game setting, but will be posted.

4) A Benny can be used for all kinds of things. If you want to use a Benny for something, just ask Augur in game.

5) All players on EU (regardless of Patron status) are welcome to play, but patrons have priority access according to their tier.

A player might ask himself Hey, how is it decided which games continue and which get voted on?

I'm glad you asked, hypothetical player! When, in the course of game nights, I do not have sufficient players present on a given game night to continue the campaign, I call off that game session and put that time slot up for a vote. This is why the Robotech campaign went on the backburner and PFRPG got its chance to shine.

Definitions of Terms re: Character Restrictions:
  • 1st Level Players: Players new to a given Roll20 game who will use an available pre-gen character until such time as they have earned 3/3 XP.
  • Leveled Players: Players who have earned 3/3 XP in a given game and who have character options from which to choose--see policy 3 in the above post.
  • Players who have earned 3/3 XP will be known as 2nd Level Players; those who have earned 6/6 XP will be known as 3rd Level Players, and so on.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Re: ROLL 20 Game Schedule & Policies

Postby Augur » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:16 am

Movement

Here's the formula:
SPD x 20 = yards per minute
x 3 = feet per minute
divided by 4 (melees per minute) = feet per melee
divided by APM = max. possible feet run per action

Shortened Version
SPD x 15 = feet run per melee divided by APM = max. possible feet run per action

Calculate your movement and include this on your character sheets for easy reference, it will assist you in knowing how far/fast you can move on Roll 20 maps.

A word on practical movement
Mind you, the calculation above denotes a character's maximum running speed. Walking speed is nowhere near that fast.
Anytime you attempt to prowl, you gotta move slowly and cautiously as per the skill description.
R:UE wrote:Prowl: This skill helps the character to move with stealth; quietly, slowly, and carefully. Techniques include balance and footing, short steps and pacing, weapon positioning, prone positions for low visibility, and crawling. A failed Prowl roll means that the character has been seen or heard. If the Prowl roll is successful, then the character is not seen or heard and may make a sneak attack.

In play, that usually means walking = 1/2 top speed, and prowl is half of that...I apply penalties to skill (prowl) checks if the character isn't moving slowly and cautiously, so moving slowly while prowling is advisable.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
To help support this site, use paypal.me/LloydRitchey
Augur
Admin

Return to Galactic Adventurers (6 Players, 2 openings)