[MW IV] Regicide

The Battle for Center has begun! Fight for your lives, and the fate of the Three Galaxies!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[MW IV] Regicide

Postby Consumer » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:36 am

Gathering the players
Conversations happen as written.

Thought
Thoughts loud bellowing and remaining potshots at the demon flies does little in the long run. They retreat to beyond his range and are generally lost in the miasma of the ongoing war. As Thought proceeds to look over the field of carnage for spoils, he seems to see nothing of worth save for mundane, if slightly morbidly designed gear.

Search Party
The group outside the CC&C begin to search for several things, first and foremost is their companion Kesslan, who when all is said and done, missing. Vanished without a trace save for some signs of a struggle that may or may not have been from him and some residual background radiation.

The group inside the CC&C begins looting, but as soon as anyone approaches the sword they can feel the palpable waves of evil and corruption on it, as if it's seeking out it's next victim. The Prometheans present sense it too and bring into bear an unusual piece of phase technology that no one has seen before. It appears to be a case, far too small to contain the sword, but it does just that. "Phase containment chamber secured." Is uttered when the sword is places inside via telekinesis and the box closed. Any arguments to the contrary get stern looks from the Promethean's and a comment about speaking to Commander Corbulo if they so desperately want the obviously evil rune weapon. A search of the Rakasha's brings nothing but ruined robes and a few pieces of macabre jewlery. All queries made to the Promethean Traitor are met with silence and hard glares.

The groups radio's chirp all at once. "This is Commander Corbulo, please make haste to the CC&C Command Center. I will meet you there." The Promethean commander curtly comments before the connection is severed. Getting to the Command Center is relatively easy now that C.A.I.N. is active and the intruders are being hounded by Promethean Commandos. The interior of the Command Center is a chaotic mess of people running about, and standing in it's center is Commander Corbulo, who seems to know exactly what is going on.

Once the majority of the team arrives he looks up from the dozen or more HUD's he is processing to address the gathered mercenaries. "Good work, top notch I'd even say, but we're not out of the woods yet." With a wave of his hand the HUD's vanish and are replaced by a screen. On the screen is the image you have seen before. Star General Halthag! "He's still out their coordinating his troops. I would like you to kindly go out there and educate him on the folly of his ways. Preferably with high ordinance weaponry. I would say this should be a easy assassination, except this." With another wave of his hand, the screen changes to show a broader picture of the battle. Six highlighted figures stand out, as they all look exactly like Star General Halthag. "He has body doubles it seems and even with C.A.I.N. active again we're unable to identify witch one is the real one."

Commander Corbulo lets out a sigh. "It's a bad situation, but C.A.I.N. estimates with a eighty-seven percent likelyhood that that with the death of Halthag, the forces on Center will break and scatter to the four winds. Any Questions?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:53 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 72

Conditions: Machine Merge (-15% to unrelated skill use), Combat Flying (1/2 penalty for stunts/maneuvers plus additional -3, +3 to survive crash), 8 Missiles & 167 Grenades Remaining, Defensive Phase Field Projector Destroyed, Left Wing Destroyed, Silverhawk Main Body 170/420, 146/192 Personal MDC

Whatever Happened to Captain Kesslan?
Winston clears the building room by room with Starchief and Thought but despite the advanced sensor suite at his disposal no clues are found except an elevated background radiation that doesn't seem to lead to the missing Captain. "I got nothing," he eventually concludes out loud. Maybe now that the city AI is restored we can use that to figure out where he went.

When Corbulo asks everyone to gather at CCC Winston doesn't immediately move, instead glancing at Starchief expectantly.

If the order is given to join the rendezvous the pilot asks Starchief to help him fly the hulking Minotaur over the scrum still fighting outside of the command center and then with the Silverhawk's forcefield disruptor (and a bit of more than likely undignified logistics) manages to get the trio through the defensive field and into the building.

Taking care of something ugly!
Winston listens to the briefing quietly, arms crossed over his chest. The pilot was still upset with Corbulo about the way he was treated over the Jinn but he's too much of a professional to show it. However he can't shake the feeling that the Center commander thinks of Thraxus' mercenaries as disposable assets to be thrown away on tasks he feels are too dangerous to risk his own precious troops. When the floor is opened up for questions Winston has three:

"When we find one of these things are there actions we can take that will help C.A.I.N. determine if we're facing a fake or the real thing? Something faster than simply having to kill it."

"This piece of high ordnance weaponry is four or five hits away from the scrapheap," he says gesturing at the battered and lightning scorched Silverhawk that's down one wing. "Is there something else I can use for this hunt? Is that Reaper we had earlier still around? Seems like just the thing for this mission."

"The Captain is missing, while we're taking care of your problem would you mind tasking one of your staff to reviewing the sensor logs and finding any clues about what happened to him?"
Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

Armor
Silverhawk: 420 MDC
NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
Personal: 192 MDC

Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

Abilities
Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
Winston
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Thought » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 | 1d20+1 = 18
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 17
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 23
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 16

How much for that kitty in the window?

Winston winces inside his helmet and is grateful for the sound dampeners he'd had installed in Agatha's audio pickups at the sound of the bellowing minotaur. "Shhhh!," he hisses as he turns to look at Thought with a finger over his helmet where a mouth would be. "First rule of battle, never let them know where you are."

For just a moment, the metal skinned minotaur looks blankly at Winston.

It isn't an offended look or even an evil one, it isn't aggressive either. It's just confused as he clearly doesn't get it.

"Ohhhh...."

A finger the size of many being's hands lifts and he puts it to his own lips in a mime of Winston's sushing.

"ME QUIET."

He attempts to tip-toe. Or is it Tip-Hoof after him and Starchief.

However, when you weigh 1400 lbs and are very nearly 10 feet tall sneaking doesn't come easy, but Thought tries.

He's just really not very good at it.

Not knowing Kesslan, he doesn't have too much to say other than: "Hrrrrrmmm... if Captain gone, who Captain now?" Thinking about it, it comes to him and he abruptly faces Starchief and bangs his shield with his fist in salute.

"HIM CAPTAIN NOW, HIM FIGHT GOOD."

it might be true, it might not, he thought he recalled hearing something about it but who knows. Starchief has the guardsman's respect for now.

He'll enjoy the flight too, not seemingly bothered by the altitude. Thought may be many things, but he is not a coward.

Meeting & Briefing:

Thought hangs around with Starchief and Winston. The battle for Center isn't over yet and he does have to get back to his own people but there is much to do yet and his story is still intertwined with these new people.

He doesn't have anything to say so far to the group, standing... well, looming in the back of the room with his arms crossed. If he's asked any questions as to who he is, he politely answers:

"Me thought. Talk him Captain, Captain talk better than me, no good at it."

It's not nice to interrupt a briefing and he can answer more questions about who he is later!

When Corbulo's briefing is completed, Thought politely raises his hand.

When he's indicated, he asks:

"STUPID DEMONS USUALLY..." A memory of someone telling him to sush comes to mind and he recalls his indoor voice. "Sometimes things no hurt by things. So two questions, Mister Sir, anyone animal-person who maybe can smell right one? No look at me, am cow not dog. And anybody know how hurt him? Look at videos, see if is being hurts?"

Thought is about to stop, then adds: "Me sorry, one more. Where find six? Have maps and point close near persons?"

Then Thought lowers his hand and crosses his arms again, returning to listening. At least he asks good questions, yes he is an idiot but this is the sort of mission he has experience at.
Disclaimer: Thought is an idiot and may not do things in ways that other people think are optimal or expect.
Warning: Thought is a moron.
Notice: See above & repeat.

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:31 am

Perception: 1d20+3 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 94

Vortigern steps forward and inclines his head towards Corbulo. A warm smile is on his features though that lays underneath the covering of his helmet and ventail. "I am pleased to see you have weathered the day thus far my lord." Folding his arms over his chest as he listens to Corbulo give the, brief, briefing Vortigern's manner turns more serious. Even dour. He gestures to the displays of the Demon General as he replies. "Perhaps I could be of assistance in identifying the actual General?" he says, though his tone is speculative and far from certain.

Skll Checks
Attempting to determine either the actual general or the most likely candidates based on their behavior and/or historical incidents where demons have deployed body doubles in the past.

History: Demon/Devil: 1d100 = 97/80
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 29/75
Lore: Magic: 1d100 = 86/70
Lore: Psychics & Psionics: 1d100 = 45/50

Vortigern gives the data displays regarding the demon general a more than casual inspection, quite intent on attempting to glean anything useful from them that he can. "I understand and respect that this is a task that must be done. Yet also I am under no illusions my lord that this demon general will be any casual engagement. I should not be surprised if we did not all survive. What kind of support can you commit to this, and when do you desire to engage? Is there time for me to rearrange my summons? Perhaps one of your magi could provide me with access to a Time Hole, while my comrades rearm. Then I can conduct my sorceries without causing any undue delay of your engagement. I could also likewise solicit for angelic support in this final strike, if your lordship desires. It would give us a greater probability of success to be certain. And, ah, my lord not be crass in your moment of need yet ... I would like some assurance that the rewards will be commensurate with the risks we are being asked to undertake. We only just saw a great prize carried away into others hands." he says before turning back to the displays and his attentive search for advantage. "I may not be able to identity the correct target, yet I intend to try. Yet if I had to hazard a guess I would presume that his doubles are shapeshifted Rakshasa retainers acting on a predetermined stratagem. It will be difficult to ferret out the real general while they are in action. Normally for the identification of such a metamorphosed target I would recommend inspection of the aura and for traces of the lingering magic of the metamorphosis. Yet these are hardly usual circumstances or subjects. I am certainly open to recommendations."

Such a monumental task! Death or Glory to be certain!

Contingency: If an opportunity to rearm/reequip presents itself Vortigern requests the following.

- Personal radio/communications to tie him in with the rest of the team. Likewise for whatever summons he has available at that point on a separate channel with himself.
- Repair of his armor.
- Replacement/fresh forcefields, bodyarmor, and suitable weapons for his retainers, whichever he has when the team deploys.
- An MDC capable bow and a supply of arrows, if available.
- Lighter (than his plate) MDC armor (EBA) perhaps with a forcefield system installed. Essentially he needs a set of armor etc. to wear for performing magic in, as that is inhibited by his plate.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 180/180

Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 295/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)

Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Solaris » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:49 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 22
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 31

With the news that Kesslan is missing, Solaris tries her best to walk the line between concerned and still confident. "I didn't know Kesslan for very long, but I know that he can handle himself. We'll find him when we can.", Lisa reassures the Adventurers.
Kesslan seemed capable, although we could've used him in retaking CAIN. The worst way to be promoted.

"I guess finding the Captain will have to wait. Looks like you're still in charge for now, Andra."

Commander Corbulo wrote:"Good work, top notch I'd even say, but we're not out of the woods yet...C.A.I.N. estimates with a eighty-seven percent likelyhood that that with the death of Halthag, the forces on Center will break and scatter to the four winds."
Never tell me the odds...

"Do you mind if I copy this to my personal computer?", Solaris asks Corbulo, and, if given permission, she copies the last known target locations and whatever relevant information she can fit on her wrist computer.

Solaris peers at the display with the so-called "Star General". "He must be scared if he needs body doubles. That or they're needed to keep the troops under him in line. So how do we I.D. the right one? If we just start gunning them all down, the chances are that the Star General figures out what we're attempting and moves his forces in response." Of course, Corbulo could just be using us as a distraction or to take pressure off his forces.

With a few taps on her personal computer, Solaris attempts to figure upon the best approach, to advise the 'Chief. ((Military Tactics 1d100 = 10/58%;pass ))

Vortigen wrote: "Normally for the identification of such a metamorphosed target I would recommend inspection of the aura and for traces of the lingering magic of the metamorphosis."

"Okay, so who can do that?", Solaris asks very bluntly.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
Solaris

Postby Vortigern » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:37 am

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern turns to Solaris, giving a mild shrug and splaying his hands deprecatingly. "I would hesitate to say amongst those present. If desired and I am given property facility with time dilation I can ensure one of my retainers is so able and have them quickly perform reconnaissance to that effect. Though there is no complete guarantee as to the accuracy of those techniques or that they have not in some way been planned for and mitigated. Auras can be altered. Mystical traces can be difficult and time consuming to inspect with any accuracy. Much less on a battlefield while the enemy desires to kill you rather than allow you to do so. Theoretically it is possible. Practically speaking it is ... fraught with many challenges. Especially as we will presumably be moving lightly, quickly, and at the best speed that combat may allow." he says, his tone betraying both misgivings and determination. "I shall have to consider what I might think is the best answer. And there is a reason I asked for suggestions. We need them."

As much as I am loathe to admit I have no ready answer under even the worst circumstances...
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:36 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 17
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 51
OOC Comments
PPE: 82/137
ISP: 24/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 15/32
Fusion Blocks 3/5

At the C&C center Sorrenson dismounts and immediately plomps down on the ground. He looks up at his Drudge with a touch of admiration, and not for the first time either. He then looks around at the group and counts off the number. From the radio traffic he knew someone was missing. Oh, so that was Kesslan I guess. That’s a huge shame, he seemed highly competent. Which is a major quality in whoever is going to be calling the shots. He runs a hand through his sweaty fur and flicks off the excess. His eyes glaze over briefly as he dreams of taking a shower. He pushes that thought aside and checks over his PA. He sets the diagnostics programs to run a full cycle and visually checks the exterior for battle damage. Well, Mister Drudgy-Poo, I know this ain’t over yet, but I’m pretty stoked with how you’re holding up!

Sorrenson notes the new Minotaur. He approaches and greets him. "Hiya, I'm Sorrenson."
Thought wrote:"Me thought. Talk him Captain, Captain talk better than me, no good at it."

Sorrenson looks at the Minotaur, with a look of 'what the funk'? painted across his face. In his tired state he misheard what Thought said: "Me thought talk'in Captain. Captain talk better than me. No good at it." After several seconds Sorrenson just stares blankly. Is he talking about Kesslan? "I have no idea what any of that means. Um, what's your name?" He asks.

During Curbulo’s briefing he just listens as he fights off waves of tiredness. Man, are those magic boosts I used earlier still affecting me? Or is it more just a post battle thing? Who knows... He strokes his chin at the idea of 6 Star Generals. “You know, that’s pretty smart for a demon.” He says aloud, to on one in particular. He listens to the ideas on how to ID the real one. “What about getting detailed visuals on their gear? Six Demon Bear Generals who all the look the same is one thing, but I doubt they’re all packing the same gear. Maybe we could spot a tell by something only one of them has? Or maybe the only one missing a certain something." He suggests.

He listens to Vort's ideas and suggestions. While his ideas are good and suggestions as valid as anyone elses, Sorrenson finds himself focusing on how the guy speaks. Where is this guy from again? Do people really use so many words to get a point across? He gets Vort's attention. "Hey Vort, Are you like a knight from one of those back-in-the-old-time-fantasy trideos?"

if given a chance to rearm, Sorrenson asks for 2 big fusion blocks and 18 p.p.e. clips to bring his ammo supply back up to full.
Sorrenson

Postby Starchief » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 51

The Search for Captain Kesslan:
When Starchief leads Winston and Thought in the search for their captain, they look high and low for the capable Pantheran. "He said he'd just be a second. If he got fragged, there would be something left behind. He's still alive folks. We'll have to resume our search later. They need us in CC&C."

Thought wrote:"Hrrrrrmmm... if Captain gone, who Captain now?" Thinking about it, it comes to him and he abruptly faces Starchief and bangs his shield with his fist in salute.

"HIM CAPTAIN NOW, HIM FIGHT GOOD."

"That's right, big guy. I'm gonna be in charge until we find Kesslan." C'mon Cap Claw, turn up soon.

Together with Winston, he'll help fly Thought to and through the forcefield to reach the other group.

Get that bear!:
Solaris wrote:"I didn't know Kesslan for very long, but I know that he can handle himself. We'll find him when we can."
"I guess finding the Captain will have to wait. Looks like you're still in charge for now, Andra."

Good head on her shoulders. Making sure the troops are mentally secure before moving on. It's what I would have done.
"Solaris is right. With Kesslan missing, I'm in charge. Finding Kesslan will have to wait. We're dealing with a full scale demonic invasion. It's what he would tell us to do." Starchief pauses for a moment, looking at the screens and absorbing the information before continuing. "Six Star Generals, only one of them is our target. Between our two groups, we have many with a mind for magic. I am not one of them, but it seems to me that this would be some sort of magic trick. Is there a way that we can see through that?" Starchief looks between those gathered, but his gaze ends on Metri. "You are the most proficient magic user I've met in my time on Center. Is this something in your skill set?" His gaze moves to Holt next. "Can you get one person close enough to each of the targets to work their magic, see through their facade and get us the real one?"
He thinks for a moment about their other options. Six bears, twelve of us. Six teams of two... maybe if the doubles are weaker, we could whittle our way through to the real one quickly? No, that will surely get us killed. We don't know about the general's abilities, let alone if he was able to copy those into five more of himself.
Lisa's right, if we go one at at a time, they'll figure us out and change tactics. I'm gonna need input from...

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson notes the new Minotaur. He approaches and greets him. "Hiya, I'm Sorrenson."
Thought wrote:"Me thought. Talk him Captain, Captain talk better than me, no good at it."

Sorrenson looks at the Minotaur, with a look of 'what the funk'? painted across his face. "I have no idea what any of that means. Um, what's your name?" He asks.

Starchief speaks up, making sure that Sorrenson can hear him. "Sorrenson, that's our new friend, Thought. He's like Chef Icky but take away the cooking and add...umm... yeah, that's our new friend." This is gonna be an interesting team to lead.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3

Starchief

Postby Prothor » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 9 1d100 = 74

Conditions:
Fly (as an eagle): 40/60 minutes (50 mph +1 Parry +2 dodge +2 dmg diving attk)

Back in C&C, Prothor keeps near the back of the group so the other, shorter, team members can see the intel that Commander Corbulo is providing. He looks over to Thought and slightly up, he would give the giant metal Minotaur a grin, but his face plate doesn't allow such a movement. Instead he gives the heavy beast a slight nod as his pop up weapons retract back into his arms with a quick, snick.

Prothor hears a few of the other ask around reloads and speaks up himself, "I too am running low on ordinance. Is there any way to exchange my e-clips for fresh ones and possibly get a couple extra. As it is, my Phase Beamer has been my most effective weapon, so additional ammunition would be greatly appreciated."

When the topic turns to identifying and defeating the Demon General, Prothor listens along for a while then says, "Identification and termination appear to be our difficult choices here. If we could get teams into position and paint each of the generals, would it be possible to launch a simultaneous strike against all of them? If such a task is possible, we would at the very least likely remove the lesser duplicates and weaken our main target."

As talk of the missing Kesslan continues, Prothor says, "Death is unlikely for that one. The more probable outcome is that he is merely cut off from our location. Enemy forces or damage to the city could have easily separated him from us. A wall or floor collapse may have deposited him in a portion of the city in which he is unfamiliar." He nods his head to the others as if this is the only logical conclusion. Though it is more likely that he was taken or killed by enemy forces. But they do not need to hear that, it could have a negative effect on moral after such a positive win.
Last edited by Prothor on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 160/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:39 am

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern turns and looks towards Sorrenson with some mild surprise betrayed in his mien. "Ah. Well. I ... I am not familiar enough with your entertainment enough to say. Perhaps you could show me one when there is time and then I could answer your question better. Yet it does seem that the ways of my homeland and I are strange here. And this place is most certainly strange to my eyes. I wandered through many strange worlds to arrive here. I feel safe, certain, in saying that my homeland is quite dimensionally removed from this one. And differs in many many ways."

The talk of Kesslan being missing draws his attention and he grows more grim. He speaks towards Starchief and Solaris. "He was courteous to me and seemed an honorable warrior. We are all still yet comrades in arms though I have not known you over long. I will gladly keep my vow and go with you to find and rescue him, once the greater battle is won."

One does not abandon a comrade in arms, irregardless of all.

Prothor draws him back to the matter at hand however. "If we have enough forces and weapons to strike at each at once, that would be a superior method. The teleportation sorceries of the Prometheans might be used to hold us in reserve when the attacks are launched, and then we move forward rapidly from reserve to engage when the true general is identified?"
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Holt » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:21 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 6
JiC D20: 1d20 = 19 (+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
JiC D100: 1d100 = 1

Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], Rapid Healing [Regens 9 MD/hr], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], ON], Black Fist Sensor Pod [ON], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], Invincible Armor [[EBA, 1/2 damage from: all energy (magic or mundane), 39.00 Min ]]

Once Holt has collected his thoughts (i.e. the Phase Skull-Bang has worn off), he rises to stumble over back towards the fighting. He takes several small, tentative teleports (5' then 20', then 50') making sure that he's fully recovered. Then >>POPS<< up to a rooftop to overlook the battle. The Manarr scans the battlefield looking for fallen Splugorth Minions, **Demons puff off into the Ether, but the Splugorth arm their minions well. Their High Lords will carry rune weapons, the Kydians and Kittani have good stuff too, and hell, if we can garner a little bit of good will in the process, well now that won't hurt anything ... I just need ....** The Manarr study this landing spot for a minute so he can get back, then scan the battlefield for Eyelor weapons, or any other items that the Splugorth might have .... lost control of, and >>POP<< 3-4 valuable looking weapons back to his room at HQ. He then >>POPS<< back to try and locate any Conservator or other impressive looking minion who appears to have suffered a wound, and will >>POP<< in nearby to administer a couple Healing Touches ((preferably on a Kittani or Kydian since they seem more likely to appreciate it)) [-4d6 = 10MD, -4d6 = 12MD] and click a few screenshot/camera pictures with his PA so that he has actual facial features for future modelling.

Once this task is complete, he will click on the HUD screen where Prothor has a streaming video of some random place for him to teleport back at ...

========= BACK AT THE RANCH ... OR RATHER THE C&C =========

Holt >>Pops<< in 2 feet above the ground and lands with a stumble, "Oww. That stung like a Manticore's kiss ... "

He'll follow along and listen in on the others, listening to Corbulo before he steps off to the side and holds up the magic communicator that is supposed to reach directly through to Thraxus' folks, "Adava adava Adava ... Get your Adava here ... Ice cold, Piping Hot Adava here. None better in the City ... Anyone have their ears on??? Doodles?? Morta?? Have either of you guys heard from Kesslan? Apparetly he's gone missing. Not sure if he just got a whiff of some catnip or ... bagged himself a Raksasha temptress or what ... but Corbulo's trying to put us on a Star General ... "
Holt D'Invictus

Personal MDC: 134/134
Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
Head/Helmet: 65/65
Main Body: 215/220
*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bryke » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:49 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 14
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 88

"Well, there are more than one way to create duplicates of one’s self and that’s not even by magical means. There is cloning, robotics or machinery, holograms, there is also the possibility that these are sextuplets and then therefore they ALL are the target.. etc. and that’s not counting the handful of ways I can think to do so via magic. "The Time Master responds to Starchief’s question adding his thoughts to the discussion.

Lets see, there are a few temporal … spatial distortions that can cause duplicates, they could also be from different dimensions, or even different time lines- a pickle to be sure. We had better do all the briefing and tactical research we can. Going in without a solid plan is a recipe for death.

The Promethean speaks up when Sorrenson and the others begin asking for restocking and the like, “I too am in need of 5 more ammo clips to bring myself back to full strength but am willing to take more if you have it. I also need to recharge my ForceField or have it repaired- it uhmmm quit on me. I assume we all need fill-ups.” He says chuckling.

Afterward, Bryke listens, but finds himself lost in thought if anyone speaks to him directly.

How did this happen, we still do not know. Prometheans in league with Demons to destroy other Prometheans. How did that blade find its way here onto this plane and into the hands of my kin? How are they also so organized. What happens here should we prevail, Center will get back to how it once was surely, it always has, but will we ever be rid of this stain on our history currently unfolding.
PPE: 236/126
ISP: 125/68
SDC:634/614 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke

Postby Vortigern » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:17 pm

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern considers silently for a moment, arms folding over his chest as he does so, before he rejoins the conversation. His tone is once again thoughtful, considering, with each word measured and weighed. "The probability that we can actively identify him without having to engage each group is low. It would not seem the best stratagem in this instance. Instead we should present the likeness of a tactical weakness that gives the impression of having the potential to tilt the balance of the siege back in the favor of the enemy. Create the appearance of this opportunity and force the General to choose between letting it go uncapitalized or having to present himself to command the attempt to seize it. And there we spring our trap when he grasps at the bait. Motivate him to come to us instead of seeking him out." he says, slowly nodding to himself as he continues.

We must unravel his strategy without allowing ourselves to succumb to its premise.

Shifting his weight on his feet he settles from one leg to the other before shifting his attention to Corbulo once again. "I also could take the present time to offer to parlay for Angelic support, as mentioned. There is also another option, though less savory. Yet it could hold strategic important. The Devil-kind have no love for Hades or the race of Demons. They could prove ready and willing allies in lifting the siege and preventing a Demon victory of such magnitude. Indeed they are already here seeking to prevent it. They may be willing to contribute considerable forces or support to the destruction of this general if given the opportunity. And perhaps sufficient motivation. The blade we captured from the Promethean Traitor comes to mind as a suitable bribe. It could win us considerable support if they are receptive to the offer. We don't have to like their company in order to make use of their presence and desire to see our mutual enemy fall."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Prothor » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:12 am

[rolls held]

Prothor speaks up at Vortigern's last statement, "No, if the deevils appears on their own to fight the demons, so be it. But we should not make deals with them. It will only provide an edge for them to work their way in. Would we offer the demons a deal to help if the devils were the ones attacking? No, it is best if we coordinate strikes against all of the generals or devised a tactic to draw out the real general."

Is this man a fool? Literally suggesting deals with the devil! I am no angel, but to even dream of consorting.... it is too much and would likely only exchange one enemy for another.
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180

M.D.C. by Location

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:23 am

All conversations happen as intended

Winston wrote:"When we find one of these things are there actions we can take that will help C.A.I.N. determine if we're facing a fake or the real thing? Something faster than simply having to kill it."

Commander Corbulo looks to Winston and seems to be pondering his question. "At the moment C.A.I.N. thinks they're all the Star General. If I were a betting man, it's magic of some sort. C.A.I.N. is smart, but magic is something it cannot see through. I would guess if it's illusory attacking it may be sufficient to cause glitches in it's guise. If it's some manner of metamorphosis then, killing it will be the only manner." Corbulo says with a surprisingly calm voice.

Winston wrote:"This piece of high ordnance weaponry is four or five hits away from the scrapheap," he says gesturing at the battered and lightning scorched Silverhawk that's down one wing. "Is there something else I can use for this hunt? Is that Reaper we had earlier still around? Seems like just the thing for this mission."

Commander Corbulo again looks at Winston, before quietly making what Winston could guess is s a call to someone. After a minute he looks back to Winston. "Lomm says they have a few spare Silverhawks, and he also says he could have the Reaper brought in, but it would need to be dropped in the field so to speak." Corbulo answers with the same calmness he seems to be exuding from his being.

Winston wrote:"The Captain is missing, while we're taking care of your problem would you mind tasking one of your staff to reviewing the sensor logs and finding any clues about what happened to him?"

The Commander looks at Winston dumbfounded. "My problem... I'm fairly certain this is everyone's problem. But to answer your question, yes I can task someone to look for your Captain." Corbulo says before pointing at one of his sensor operators. "Check the video, see if you can find Captain Kesslan."

Vortigern wrote:"I am pleased to see you have weathered the day thus far my lord."

Commander Corbulo nods. "Takes an awful lot till kill me, but thanks for the sentiment." Corbulo says with a chuckle.

Vortigern wrote:"Perhaps I could be of assistance in identifying the actual General?" he says, though his tone is speculative and far from certain.

"Feel free to give it a shot."

Vortigern
Even with his skills, Vortigern is unable to tell the difference between them, to him they all seem the same. Up close and personal maybe he could tell the difference with spells but not via video feed.

Vortigern wrote:"I understand and respect that this is a task that must be done. Yet also I am under no illusions my lord that this demon general will be any casual engagement. I should not be surprised if we did not all survive. What kind of support can you commit to this, and when do you desire to engage? Is there time for me to rearrange my summons? Perhaps one of your magi could provide me with access to a Time Hole, while my comrades rearm. Then I can conduct my sorceries without causing any undue delay of your engagement. I could also likewise solicit for angelic support in this final strike, if your lordship desires. It would give us a greater probability of success to be certain. And, ah, my lord not be crass in your moment of need yet ... I would like some assurance that the rewards will be commensurate with the risks we are being asked to undertake. We only just saw a great prize carried away into others hands."

"I never said that this would be a picnic. I will be sending a majority of the men under my control to assault the southern flank. Lord Kryncrytth says that he will be sending a force in from the east. I have a few mercenaries coming in from the west with some heavy mechanized support. As for Magi with Time hole... If I had spell casters of that caliber I would be in a better position. We would like to move in soon, likely the ground troops will have already engaged before you even arrive on site. As for rewards... I am not in charge of that kind of thing... and I do not have time to make calls to make sure your wallets are well compensated." Corbulo responds his irritation visible when questioned about rewards.

Vortigern wrote:"I may not be able to identity the correct target, yet I intend to try. Yet if I had to hazard a guess I would presume that his doubles are shapeshifted Rakshasa retainers acting on a predetermined stratagem. It will be difficult to ferret out the real general while they are in action. Normally for the identification of such a metamorphosed target I would recommend inspection of the aura and for traces of the lingering magic of the metamorphosis. Yet these are hardly usual circumstances or subjects. I am certainly open to recommendations."

"Feel free to try, we only have been able to identify him by facial recognition software. You're the magical expert here so most of what your saying is beyond my knowledge. So do your thing and make it quick." Corbulo says before turning attention to something else.

Solaris wrote:"Do you mind if I copy this to my personal computer?"

Commander Corbulo shrugs an affirmative. "Please do."

Sorrenson wrote: “You know, that’s pretty smart for a demon.” He says aloud, to on one in particular. He listens to the ideas on how to ID the real one. “What about getting detailed visuals on their gear? Six Demon Bear Generals who all the look the same is one thing, but I doubt they’re all packing the same gear. Maybe we could spot a tell by something only one of them has? Or maybe the only one missing a certain something."

With a swirl of his hand several HUD's come into being with close ups of the Star General. All of the "Star General's" look identical in appearance, and seem to be wearing the same style of armor. The only real noticeable difference between them are their weapons. No doubles seem to be among them. Though not knowing what Weapon the Star General normally wields makes this partially useful information at best.

Holt wrote:"Adava adava Adava ... Get your Adava here ... Ice cold, Piping Hot Adava here. None better in the City ... Anyone have their ears on??? Doodles?? Morta?? Have either of you guys heard from Kesslan? Apparetly he's gone missing. Not sure if he just got a whiff of some catnip or ... bagged himself a Raksasha temptress or what ... but Corbulo's trying to put us on a Star General ... "

Holt can here a chuckling sound over the amulet, feminine and light-hearted, Morta. "Holt calm down. Okay Kesslan is missing, we'll look into that. The Star General you say, looks like end game. Kill the beast and the rest should falter and fall. Do be careful, I can't hang out with you if your dead."

Vortigern wrote:"I also could take the present time to offer to parlay for Angelic support, as mentioned. There is also another option, though less savory. Yet it could hold strategic important. The Devil-kind have no love for Hades or the race of Demons. They could prove ready and willing allies in lifting the siege and preventing a Demon victory of such magnitude. Indeed they are already here seeking to prevent it. They may be willing to contribute considerable forces or support to the destruction of this general if given the opportunity. And perhaps sufficient motivation. The blade we captured from the Promethean Traitor comes to mind as a suitable bribe. It could win us considerable support if they are receptive to the offer. We don't have to like their company in order to make use of their presence and desire to see our mutual enemy fall."

Corbulo looks back up from a screen. "Have at asking the Angels for support, so far their presence has been minimal. Deevils, they're already running about. They don't listen to orders and I have no contact with their leadership. The Sword is off limits... I will not budge on that one. If you can find some other way to get them to cooperate, sure I'm fine with that bit of distasteful logic."

Corbulo looks up again from his console. "Head to the armory for rearmament. We have plenty of ammo to use, so feel free to leave some in the Demons for us." Corbulos says while gesturing towards the Armory's direction.

GM Notes
You may requisition ammo, Weapons are not being given out this time. Winston chose either a Silverhawk, which you can get in safety or the Reaper wich you'll need to get while in the field.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Vortigern » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 10
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC: 1d100 = 70

Vortigern inclines his head towards Corbulo once again and backs away a couple of steps as he replies. "As my lord wishes. Pardon then, I will begin immediately though I will need space to work. I shall proceed with all reasonable haste." he says as he turns and gestures for one of the other functionaries of the Command Center to lead him away. Pausing as he goes Vortigern looks over towards Winston. "If I am given time to prepare I could teleport you and your larger artifice suit directly into battle, if that would ease the matter? Let me know if it is desired or advantageous. Indeed ... I could prepare a Circle large enough for all of us in a staging area and use it to move us all at once." Turning then and going through a couple of passages Vortigern is led to a sparsely furnished conference room that has plenty of empty space in the center with the seating designed around the periphery and there he begins to work.

At last I have time and space to properly attempt to prepare for this environment. Such a strange land. And yet the disparate magics and creatures at the command of a Circle Master are adaptable to all things.

Removing his armor and setting it aside he changes (presumably) into the lighter armor provided and begins construction of a series of Circles. He paces the area, ensuring it is perfectly clear and ready before beginning. When the ritual begins however it draws his complete attention and he remains focused each for at least 45 minutes to an hour as he chants, ritually draws in the symbols in their proper sequence, affixes the proper components into place, and as necessary culminates his mystical construction with the proper sacrifice. He moves steadily with a practiced and sure hand, seeming long and deeply familiar with this craft. As most Circle Mages are wont to do he mixes in a variety of extra steps and unnecessary invocations where they won't interfere with his work to obscure which steps are truly necessary and make understanding difficult for anyone who might be observing his work. All Circles he prepares in this sequence will be Sealed.

He first constructs a Summoning Circle of Summoning True Elementals, inscribing it to Summon Lesser Air Elementals and sacrificing a juicy pear from the luncheon tray an attendant brought for him as he invokes the final words of power and finishes capping the mystical mechanisms of the Circle with his power. Standing quietly for several seconds he awaits the arrival of the Elemental that he knows will come, utterly confident in his ability to control the creature. This complete he then constructs a Summoning Circle of Summoning Sub-Demons, without invoking it to summon additional beings. Instead, after having them surrender all of their gear, he will use this Circle to dismiss his two Gargoyle attendants back to Hades. Then returning to the Elemental Circle he gestures, intoning a sequence of additional power words softly under his breath and invokes the power of the Circle twice more, bringing the retinue of Air Elementals to three as he work. They arrive some 30 seconds to a minute later through individual dimensional gates and the air fills with the swirling wind of their new presence.
Air Elemental Checks
Note to successfully resist control each would require at least three natural 20's on their series of rolls.
Air Elemental1: 1d20 = 20 // 1d20 = 15 // 1d20 = 18 // 1d20 = 13 // 1d20 = 7
Air Elemental2: 1d20 = 13 // 1d20 = 15 // 1d20 = 16 // 1d20 = 7 // 1d20 = 18
Air Elemental3: 1d20 = 8 // 1d20 = 9 // 1d20 = 13 // 1d20 = 11 // 1d20 = 19

(Presumably...) Bringing the Elementals to heel, he calls them near and to service as bodyguards as he replenishes his own mystical energies from theirs. Resting a spare handful of seconds after this he turns and likewise goes through the entire process again only this time constructing Summoning Circle of Summoning Angels. Investing it with power, inscribing it to bring forth Seraph, and invoking its power he then makes no effort at all to control the creature when it arrives. Instead he inclines his head slightly and splays his hands wide in a hopefully disarming gesture. "I regret the circumstances of our meeting however our need is urgent, and so I will be brief. This great city, called Center, is under siege from the forces of Hades. A Demon host seeks to take and hold it. It is a place of great power, great magics and artifice, and a nexus of many roads spanning many worlds. We seek to break their siege and throw them back into the pit from which they have sprung and we are near to victory. Yet we seek aid. We must strike at their General, one Dysasha called Halthag the Star General, in due course. And he will be a mighty opponent. The rulers of this city, a race called Prometheans, while not yet making certain promises regarding reward do seem an honorable sort. I regret I have no authority to make you or your kind firm promises regarding compensation yet I believe you have just cause to expect fair treatment regardless ... and we ask for your aid. Are you willing to carry our request back to your people? To give aid in lifting this siege that would threaten so many worlds? Perhaps some of your own kind could find a new home here as well?"

(Vortigern will respectfully treat with and if necessary dismiss and summon different Angels until he finds one that is willing to serve as the described messenger. Once a willing messenger is found he will request a few drops of blood from it to put into the Angel Circle to allow him to resummon that specific Angel again, after it is given time to relay the message and so to allow coordination the receipt of the results of any negotiations.)

Angel Negotiation
Charm: 1d100 = 58/20
Trust: 1d100 = 52/25
Barter: 1d100 = 84/55

Once the matter with the Angels is concluded Vortigern will again refill his energies from the Elementals, topping up as necessary to construct a Summoning Circle of Summoning Greater Devils and inscribing it to summon a Devil Dragon. When the creature appears likewise he makes no effort to control the creature, instead inclining his head slightly and speaking to it directly in the infernal tongue. "Are you willing to parlay? Surely you know of the siege in Center? Your kind are here seeking to turn the tide against the forces of Hades. We have then mutual enemies. And while that may not make us friends it may, perhaps at least for today, make us something a great deal more effective than friends. Allies. Are you willing to carry an offer to that effect to your Lord? We seek to end this siege and strike at their general, a Dysasha called Halthag, with finality. If you seek likewise to be decisive in undermining them you could find no better use of your own forces."

(Likewise Vortigern will respectfully parlay with a series of Devil Dragon sorcerers as necessary looking for one willing to carry his message to the command elements of the Devil forces, and then request a few drops of blood to be used to summon it again solely for the purposes of giving them further contact and receiving any reply.)

Devil Dragon Negotiation
Impress: 1d100 = 60/20
Trust: 1d100 = 93/25
Barter: 1d100 = 19/55

Repeating the process Vortigern uses his Elementals, likely expending all of the useful energies from one and then dismissing it, before proceeding to his next Circle, and Summoning Circle of Summoning Lesser Devils which he inscribes to summon Tiger Beasts. Invoking the final power words he stands ready with his two remaining elemental guardians, one to either side, as he prepares for the creature to appear. When it appears Vortigern speaks in a commanding, even lordly, tone. "Today I ride into battle. Against Hades. I require a suitable battle mount and warrior companion to serve in my retinue. Are you willing to serve? Shall we discuss terms? You will have the opportunity to slay many Demon-kind. And beyond that the eternal glory of serving in my retinue when I slay the Demon General Halthag. If you need more than this ... perhaps you are ill suited to task?" he says, the domineering sneer carrying through in the tone of his voice quite readily.

Tiger Beast Checks
The Tiger Beast will need to roll three rolls that, including ME save bonus, add to 25 or higher to resist being controlled, should it prove rebellious.
Tiger Beast: 1d20 = 3 // 1d20 = 18 // 1d20 = 12 // 1d20 = 20 // 1d20 = 18

(Presumably...) The Tiger Beast either agreeing or being brought to heel Vortigern proceeds once again to refuel himself from his elemental guardians, overcharging temporarily to fuel his final actions and leave him fully replenished when he is finished, before dismissing all of them and proceeding to another Circle. Creating a Summoning Circle of Summoning Spirits he inscribes it to summon one of the energy beings known as a Blhaze. This complete he once again intones the final words of summoning and activates a Circle. When the Blhaze arrives he gives a slight inclination of his head and enters parlay immediately. "My lady, I enter battle today with the ominous forces of Hades, and I require aid. Are you willing to assist me? We fight in a battle of great importance. The fate of Center is in the balance and the ramifications of its fate are hard to even fully fathom. Will you discuss terms for today?"

Blhaze Checks
Lore: Galactic: Critical Success via EP purchase.
Should the Blhaze prove rebellious it will require three checks that, adding ME save bonus, exceed 25 to resist control.
Blhaze: 1d20 = 19 // 1d20 = 1 // 1d20 = 14 // 1d20 = 5 // 1d20 = 20

(Presumably...) Once the Blhaze joins his retinue Vortigern then takes a brief break and a meal after several hours of work and negotiation. Then checking in with the results of any negotiations with Angels or Devils alike, he will finally change back into his plate armor and ready himself for battle before reporting back to Corbulo with the results of his labors and negotiations.
1d20 = 9
1d20 = 17
1d20 = 7
1d20 = 9
1d20 = 18
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:44 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6 +3 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19 / 1d100 = 91
OOC Comments

M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Main Body - 378/400
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Starchief wrote:"Sorrenson, that's our new friend, Thought. He's like Chef Icky but take away the cooking and add...umm... yeah, that's our new friend."
Sorrenson looks at Starchief and back at Thought. "Right. I see." He replies, but doesn't really sound like he is convinced. Actually, I have no idea what the big guy meant. Whatever, Starchief says he's a friend, that makes him a friend... I guess. I don't wanna jump to conclusions, but I think the guy is as thick as two short concrete support beams. Especially if he goes by the name 'Thought'.

Vortigern wrote:"Ah. Well. I ... I am not familiar enough with your entertainment enough to say. Perhaps you could show me one when there is time and then I could answer your question better. Yet it does seem that the ways of my homeland and I are strange here. And this place is most certainly strange to my eyes. I wandered through many strange worlds to arrive here. I feel safe, certain, in saying that my homeland is quite dimensionally removed from this one. And differs in many many ways."

Sorrenson smiles. "Yep, you sound just like an old school knight. Did you ride a horse?"

He then goes back to his PA and starts replacing the used Fusion Blocks and p.p.e clips. Half way though he notes that his hands are shaking and he has to concentrate on keeping them steady. He pauses, leans face-first into his PA so no one else can see his face and closes his eyes tight. He knows whats coming. Why doesn't this seem to happen to any one else? Am I the only one who gets these? He notes that he's holding his breath and makes the effort to breathe long and slow. He knows that the panic will pass, so long as he keeps breathing long and slow. The panic that forced it's way up because he's going back out there. His sense of self preservation rebelling wildly to the fact that soon enough he'll be knee deep in Demon hordes - again. This time they'll be fighting a funking demon general. For the longest moment time stalls and he feels completely and totally doomed.

Eventually it does pass. Those are getting worse... He looks around in the hopes that no one noticed and goes back to refilling his ammo. Once the ammo is filled he hooks up his drone and downloads all the battle footage and sends a backup to himself, Prothor, Baron and Holt with a message that simply says: "Mr Sorrenson's Footage of Our Demon Stompy Times!" While that is uploading he grabs himself a coffee and looks over the footage of the demon bears and their weaponry. Maybe I can figure out what they're packing... That would be good to know ahead of time. I guess we should kill the one with the best gear? Slurping coffee and with something technical to occupy his mind, he starts to feel better. He tries to get a deeper insight into which one is the one they need to kill.

Techno-Wizardry Construction 1d100 = 68 /92% - pass
Lore: Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 23 /40% - pass
Sorrenson

Postby Vortigern » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 am

[Rolls Held]

Before he departs Vortigern turns back towards Sorrenson and gives full attention to his question. "Of course. Doesn't everyone?" he says, though there is some sarcasm in his reply. Yet only a bit. "Among many other things. Perhaps, once this battle is more firmly settled, we should go riding. You may find it an enjoyable experience." he says, his tone still light. "And a good war mount of some variety can be quite decisive in combat. As I hope to demonstrate shortly."

Not that there seem to be an abundance of horses to be found here. They may be a bit fragile in this environment without barding. Yet no doubt there are other solutions to the problem. I shall have to look into the matter further when there is time.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Holt » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 19
JiC D20: 1d20 = 8 (+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
JiC D100: 1d100 = 74

Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], Rapid Healing [Regens 9 MD/hr], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], ON], Black Fist Sensor Pod [ON], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil]

Consumer wrote:Holt can here a chuckling sound over the amulet, feminine and light-hearted, Morta. "Holt calm down. Okay Kesslan is missing, we'll look into that. The Star General you say, looks like end game. Kill the beast and the rest should falter and fall. Do be careful, I can't hang out with you if your dead."

Holt offers a wry response at this new playful Morta in his mind, "Pfffft if I drop a Demonic Star General ... lady hanging out is not what you should be dangling in front of me ... otherwise I should go looking for some new damn playmates." Barring further response, the Manarr will return to the others as they move towards the Armory.

There, he will reload himself to a full 12-long E-Clips, "Anyone know what particularly hurts Star General Bears? Or anything they are Immune to? ... I have never heard of a ..." he trails off as his eyes come to rest on the New(?) Minotaur?, "Icky? Is that you ... What happened to you? ..."
Holt D'Invictus

*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Baron » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 am

Chico Barone
Perception: 1d20+7 = 23
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 25
Stat Tracker
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand: Built-in Particle Beam attached to NE-BA-226 (6/10 shots 3/4 eclips)
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field: 66/75

Power Armor: NE-1A-TWPA Tech-Warrior Power Armor
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.

Baron returns from retrieving his Naruni Techno-Warrior from the upper floor of the C&C and talks himself through the briefing he just missed.

"Man! That did not seem as far the first time! Alrighty, what're we up to? Demon-killing some fools? Why is there six pictures of the Furry Fury there? Oh... shit! Doubles! Three of them!

Well, can we get a bead on the weapons at all? Being the only difference, that would be useful for naming purposes at least. Axe-Bear, Sword-Bear and so on...

Eyes, eyes, I need more eyes! Drones! Send in the drones! These guys gotta have a couple floaters around... call up the Sanitation Department!

""Can we requisition some drones, you know, maintenance bots, those little guys that clean the gunk out of the ceiling vents?" Baron is referring to the ubiquitous and ccheap task-drones that probably buzz around everywhere.

Like this maybe, better is better:

Flying Probe
Attributes
I.Q.:
P.S.: 6 (Robotic)
P.P.:
Speed: 20 mph max, typically 1-5 mph
Physical Data
M.D.C.: Main Body 12, Optics/Sensors (10) 1 each
Size: Roughly 6" in diameter
Weight: 4.5 lbs
Power System: Nuclear, average life two years
Sensors
• Multi-Optics System (2000'): Normal, infrared, and ultraviolet spectrums plus passive nightvision.
• Telescopic Zoom (2000')
• Macro Magnification (x2, x10, x50)
• Thermal Optics (1000')
• Camera/Video w/ live transmission ability (1.5 miles)
• Electronic Ear and Audio Transmitter w/ scrambler capabilities (1.5 miles)
• Laser Distancer (1000')
• Radiation Detector (100')
• Air Thermometer (20')
• Molecular Analyzer (20')
• Radio Communications (10 miles)
• Retractable Arm
Combat Data
• APM 5
• Strike (with arm) +1
• Automatic Dodge +4
• Roll w/ Impact +1
Saving Throw Bonuses
• Immune to poison, gas, biological agents, psionic and magic mind control, charms, bio-manipulation, and SDC attacks.
Skill Equivalents
• Land Navigation 86%
• Mathematics: Basic 98%
• Prowl 75%
• Radio: Basic 98%
• Tracking 60%
• Track Radio Transmissions 60%
• TV/Video
• Understands English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Chinese, Arabic with capacity for 15 other languages; can identify all others but can not understand or communicate in them.

"I'd like to requisition si- no, thirty-six- no, three hundred and sixty of them."

Baron connects to CAIN and asks to gain access to as many drones as possible. He then does what he needs to do to reprogram them for surveillance.
Computer Operation 109% / 1d100 = 75
Computer Hacking 114% / 1d100 = 1
Computer Programming 119% / 1d100 = 15
Electronic Counter Measures 99% / 1d100 = 94
Basic Math 109% / 1d100 = 15
Radio: Basic 99% / 1d100 = 88
Mathematics: Advanced 89% / 1d100 = 28
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Starchief » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 31

Starchief takes note of the one piece of useful information given out during the briefing. "Well, it seems the only noticeable difference between the Generals would be the weapons that they use. Can you zoom back in so we can name them based on their weapons?" Once Starchief has a list of the different weapons each of them has, he gets back to figuring out a strategy. "Alright troops, what are our ideas for taking down these foes? How do we figure out who's who?" Starchief goes down the line, getting ideas from the entire group so that they can get the assassination completed and save Center.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

Saving Throw Bonuses:

Starchief

Postby Solaris » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:05 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 8
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 85

Lisa eyes the new minotaur and tries to hide her doubts when she hears him speak.
Whoa boy. So we brought in another stray. At the rate we seem to keep loosing track of people, I guess that's a good thing."Nice to meet you, Thought. I'm Comma-", Lisa abruptly stops herself, "Lisa Solaris." Ugh, habit. At least this is my favorite command post in Center.

After copying files from Carbulo, Solaris goes over the available data once again. Is there something obvious I'm missing?, she wonders to herself. She starts going through her gear as a matter of course, cleaning and oiling weaponry, checking that her ammunition is replenished, nudging Metri. "Oh sorry, Metri, didn't see you there.", she says sarcastically. "Done us a miracle yet?"

As she paces around impatiently, Lisa suddenly has a thought.
"Carbulo, are there any transmissions from these targets? Any radio communications, codes, orders, what have you?", Solaris asks energetically. If there is anything, Solaris will listen intently with her amplified hearing to try and pick out any differences and ask the teams, "Do this mean anything to anyone?".
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Solaris

Postby Thought » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 | 1d20+1 = 18
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 19
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 27
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 16

Thought eyes Solaris, first.

He'd been quiet after his piping up, looming in the back of the room.

For just a moment, his dull eyes brighten and there is a flash of ... not quite joy, but certainly pleasantness in them and the rest of his bovine face.

"Hello, Ms. Solaris." The metal-skinned behemoth answers politely. "Thank for talking to Thought like person, make feel good. Sometimes people forget me Thought still person, maybe not as smart as other person but me still person. Me think Ms. Solaris nice person too, no stand in front of missiles or rail gun please, make Thought sad if Ms. Solaris' insides get on outsides."

A brief, polite smile follows. As much of a smile as Thought can make, what with steel colored lips and metallic teeth.

Next, Starchief gets Thoughts' attention.

"Me asked him Captain person what stab demon with. If video with demon have weapons, maybe demon getting hurt? Can see what hurts it? Maybe need something like that to stab in face with. Or break over head. No really care. Just some of that to hurt with."

Lastly, Sorrenson gets the minotaur's smile.

"Me Thought, good meet. Am friend. Kill demons good, him Captain said come along so come along."

Carefully, to not step on anyone he backs up until he's level with Solaris.

Then, leaning way, way down he whispers -- which is like a normal conversational volume for anyone else.

"Me very sorry. Him talk lot." He indicates Vortigern with a nod of his horned head.

"Can you... no make fun of Thought, but maybe.... tell me Thought what him said in less big words?"

If Solaris is watching? Thought seems genuinely embarrassed.

He is clearly aware of his own diminutive intellect.

It's almost as an afterthought as he adds:

"Why stop saying commander? No want be commander?"
Disclaimer: Thought is an idiot and may not do things in ways that other people think are optimal or expect.

Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)

Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Metri » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:38 am

-----------------------------------
JIC: 1d20 = 19 | 1d100 = 54%
-----------------------------------
((DL - How much time has passed since the fight to more accurately gauge which powers are still active?))
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)
OP Field <17/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 79/142
ISP: 162/245
MDC: 63/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Enhanced Reflexes. 23.50 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Telekinesis: Super. 24.00 min. 800 lbs. 14 objects. 1400 ft range.
  • Telemechanics. 20.50 min. Touch or 5 ft range. 88% proficiency.
  • Eyes of Wolf. 31.50 min. Nightvision 60 ft. ID plants & fruits 70%. Identify Tracks 85%. Track: humanoids or animals 50%. Recognize poison 65%.

Metri seems particularly disturbed by the loss of Kesslan and remains mournfully silent through the gathering of the group and the briefing on their new task. Even as other team members turn to the Yhabbayar for questions about what answers mysticism could provide, Metri can only manage either a slight shake of his head or wag of a tridactyl finger. The Yhabbayar's face scrunches up in thought. Grooves work their way along the lines of his wrinkles, cutting them deeper like how a mighty river carves a grand canyon. With so much chaos still out there, it would be quite difficult to locate Kesslan. There is little we can do for him right now except maintain the glimmer of hope that he is out there and holding on. Once the immediate threat of demonic conquest is resolved... if we can push back their ranks. Then we can revisit the rescue of Kesslan. The idea of losing yet another team member weighs heavy on Metri's heart. He is forced to close his eyes and fight back against the encroaching despair. We insert ourselves into conflict with the goal of helping others. Our victories thus far have not come without costs. It is both surprising and impressive... that though the faces and personalities of this group change with time, the collective drive to do good persists. It resides in the heart of each member and serves as the compass at times when it would be trivial to get lost. Emboldened by the action and discussions of those around him, Metri's spirit is revitalized.

He turns his thoughts to the task at hand and a light bulb goes off in his head when the images of the duplicate Star Generals show different weapons.

Musing aloud, Metri breaks his silence, "Armed with a powerful weapon the TRUE Star General will be, hmm? Yesss. If powered by magic, the weapon is... a unique consciousness contained within." The Yhabbayar gestures with both hands as if holding some sort of imaginary ball within an object. "Missing, the essence would be. Weaker, the imitations would be. Yess."

"Altered, the Star General's copies auras could be, yesss." Metri nods in agreement with Vortigern. "Weapons' auras... Much more difficult to alter, hmm." The Yhabbayar looks around and speaks again, putting the logic all together.

"By the power of its weapon... Revealed, the True Star General will be." As if sensing the doubt in the non-mystics in the room, Metri pulls his bubble-blowing loop and with a flick of his wrist, creates a handful of bubbles "Grant the ability, for a short period, I can."

The Yhabbayar's gaze falls on Holt, "If grant the ability to see auras and have total recall... Able to scout the many Star Generals to determine the real one? Within 120 feet to see auras, you must be."
Metri | Explorer Points
Current Equipment
Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)

Status
PPE: 90/142
ISP: 193/245
MDC: 69/69
SoE. PPE: 65/80. <7/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 2/40. <5/5 spells>
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:12 am

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern turns to face Prothor a few moments after his reproach regarding the potential negotiations Vortigern put forward. "Will you throw away fire and live your life in the cold because it could burn you? Or learn to wield it properly?" he says, his tone mild. Raising his hands he gestures in a conciliatory manner to Prothor as he continues. "I know we have not known one another long yet you may trust I am skilled in these matters. I bear no love or attachment to any supernatural creature that is greater than my attachment and felicity to my fellow man. And that is, despite it being commonly misunderstood and vilified, the nobility of my craft. To turn the very inhuman things that may seem so mortal ken, even the predatory and vile, to human and even noble ends. To bend the cosmos and universe to human will rather than let us be merely subject to it." he says. A moment of pause as he seems to choose his words, coming a few paces closer to Prothor, then he speaks again. "I do not deny this situation is fraught with peril and risk. Yet acknowledging that does not make it to our benefit to leave opportunities to grasp the situation and direct it unrealized. Ungrasped. You ask if I would turn Hades against Dyval, if Dyval were the invader? Of course. And Hel, Tartarus, and the darkest of Nightmares besides. Let them come to fear and fight their own. There is no better risk than one born by someone else. Especially erstwhile enemy."

As the conversation turns towards the potential weaknesses of the Star General/Dysasha Vortigern will attempt to recall any pertinent facts to those ends.
Skill Checks
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 78/75
Lore: Magic: 1d100 = 66/70
Lore: Psychics & Psionics: 1d100 = 59/50
History: Demons & Devils: 1d100 = 97/80

Baron gets a nod of approval and agreement. "Scouts. Indeed. Just what we need." he says, his tone positive and friendly. "Perhaps they could also listen for any potential transmissions such as the lady mentions? Another worthy idea I had not considered. These sorceries of artifice are still quite new to me. The concept of intercepting communications is not."

Looking between Starchief and Metri Vortigern grows more circumspect, considering, before he speaks once again. "I am unsure whether there is 'no' way to modify the aura of a weapon. Yet certainly such abilities would be more obscure. And on a weapon of such power as one might presume such a great lord of Hades to bear... well. We can draw conclusions as to the difficulty. It would be worth attempting to discern what we may regardless. Then draw conclusions. If there is any way I can assist with identifying the proper weapon ... I will endeavor to do so."

Skill Checks
Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100 = 88/75
Lore: Magic: 1d100 = 62/70
-Recognize wards/runes/circles:1d100 = 90/60
-Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 39/65
History: Demons & Devils: 1d100 = 90/80
Mystic Symbology: 1d100 = 96/94
Recognize Enchantment: 1d100 = 56/80
Recognize Magic: 1d100 = 2/50 (+10 if magic symbols are involved)

We must be wary with so many potential layers of deception. The infernal kind are long practiced liars and deceivers. It wouldn't be the first time that someone thought they had unraveled the truth of their enemy and instead rushed into an ambush. Caution must be married to bold action.

"The offer of a Circle of Teleportation still stands. What say you all? If we can hold ourselves and our strength in reserve until his position is known, then strike as one all at once, it would be most advantageous. Prevent the attrition he strives to inflict with this stratagem. And indeed ... save time in the end, even just from us walking from one target to the next."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:59 am

Vortigern
Vortigern goes to gather the materials to begin his summonings when a woman dressed in white appears behind him, she just seemed to be where she wasn't seconds before. "Planning on summoning something?" The words cause Vortigern to jump, as he hadn't noticed her till that point. "Lengthy process all that and I'm certain Halthag isn't going to wait. So I'm here to help speed up the process so to speak." The woman in white smiles. "Gather everything you need, you're going on a trip so to speak." The lady in white waits, seemingly impatient to the amount of time Vortigern is taking. Once Vortigern has gathered his supplies, the woman in white produces a small pocket watch from a hidden pocket. She concentrates for a few seconds and the world around the two fades to a white blankness. "You have approximately twelve hours before this demi-plane collapses. Hope that's long enough to do what you need to do." The woman in white makes a small bow before fading out of view.

Vortigern gathers his things and proceeds to craft his first summoning circle. He quickly sends off his current minions back to the realm of Hades. He then uses the circle to bring forth a trio of Air Elementals. They quickly are bent to his will, and take up places of subservience. Vortigern continues by scribing another summoning circle, this time for Angels/Spirits of Light.

From the summoning, Vortigern is greeted by a small cherubic boy with white feathered wings, a Cheruu.

Vortigern wrote:"I regret the circumstances of our meeting however our need is urgent, and so I will be brief. This great city, called Center, is under siege from the forces of Hades. A Demon host seeks to take and hold it. It is a place of great power, great magics and artifice, and a nexus of many roads spanning many worlds. We seek to break their siege and throw them back into the pit from which they have sprung and we are near to victory. Yet we seek aid. We must strike at their General, one Dysasha called Halthag the Star General, in due course. And he will be a mighty opponent. The rulers of this city, a race called Prometheans, while not yet making certain promises regarding reward do seem an honorable sort. I regret I have no authority to make you or your kind firm promises regarding compensation yet I believe you have just cause to expect fair treatment regardless ... and we ask for your aid. Are you willing to carry our request back to your people? To give aid in lifting this siege that would threaten so many worlds? Perhaps some of your own kind could find a new home here as well?"

The Cheruu smiles momentarily, but it quickly turns into a frown. "We are aware of the situation. You are presumptuous in your request. Do you think we would not be helping if we could. Mortals..." The Cheruu says while flitting about the time hole. "I smell Demon-kin on you summoner... I will not hold this against you personally, but it looks to be in bad form. We are already helping in our own way, so no you will not see a heavenly host march down from the skies to save your people. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors." The Cheruu says before vanishing from the Time Hole.

Other summonings of Angels, gets similar answers. It appears that the Spirits of Light want nothing to do with the war for Center. So he moves on to crafting a new circle to summon deevils.

Vortigern wrote:"Are you willing to parlay? Surely you know of the siege in Center? Your kind are here seeking to turn the tide against the forces of Hades. We have then mutual enemies. And while that may not make us friends it may, perhaps at least for today, make us something a great deal more effective than friends. Allies. Are you willing to carry an offer to that effect to your Lord? We seek to end this siege and strike at their general, a Dysasha called Halthag, with finality. If you seek likewise to be decisive in undermining them you could find no better use of your own forces."

The Devil Dragon looks at Vortigern with a hint of malice. "Yes we will parlay." After listening to Vortigern's spiel, the creature laughs. "We already fight the eternal enemy on infinite fronts. Your little dimension is but one of the wars." The creature laughs again. "Besides what could you offer us to do such a great work... your soul, I think it's not worth as much as you think. Besides, I do not have enough pull to make my master do anything he doesn't already want to do. I do believe you're on your own summoner." The creature finishes speaking, before laughing once more and taking its leave.

Not to be defeated, Vortigern scribes another circle for lesser devils, and summons a Tiger Beast.

Vortigern wrote:"Today I ride into battle. Against Hades. I require a suitable battle mount and warrior companion to serve in my retinue. Are you willing to serve? Shall we discuss terms? You will have the opportunity to slay many Demon-kind. And beyond that the eternal glory of serving in my retinue when I slay the Demon General Halthag. If you need more than this ... perhaps you are ill suited to task?" he says, the domineering sneer carrying through in the tone of his voice quite readily.

The creature seems pleased with the idea of getting to fight, though Vortigern gets a sneaking suspicion that the Tiger Beast would be more than happy to eat him as well.

Tiger Beast
Code: Select all
[b]Carbunckle[/b]
[size=85][i]Tiger Beast[/i]
[b][u]Attributes[/u][/b]
IQ: 12 ME: 23 MA: 15 PS: 37 (Supernatural) PP: 23 PE: 22 PB: 21 Spd: 153
[b][u]M.D.C.:[/u][/b] 300/[color=red]300[/color]
[b][u]I.S.P.:[/u][/b] 230/[color=red]230[/color]
[b][u]P.P.E.:[/u][/b] 9/[color=red]9[/color]
[b]Horror Factor:[/b] 14
[b]Size:[/b] 10' tall at shoulder, 17' long plus 6' long tail.
[b]Weight:[/b] 2 tons
[b]Average Life Span:[/b] 6,000 years.
[b][u]Disposition:[/u][/b] Cunning, quick thinking, calm under pressure and quick to take action. They can be aloof, arrogant, too independent and take on more then they can handle. They often underestimate the enemy and overestimate their own ability. Most are merciless in combat and love to mix it up with tooth and claw, and enjoy hunting, killing, torture, and revenge.
[b][u]Natural Abilities:[/u][/b]
[list][*]Perception: +1
[*]Human Intelligence.
[*]Supernatural Strength and Endurance.
[*]Leap 60' high and 100' across.
[*]Nightvision: 1,000'.
[*]Resistant to Heat and Cold (Half Damage).
[*]Bio-Regeneration: 2D6/Melee Round.[/list]
[u]Language (Special):[/u] Magically understands all languages at 81%, can speak clearly.
[u]Enhanced Olfactory Sense (Special):[/u] Can sell supernatural creatures and blood scents up to 2 miles away at 62% (+16% to smell demons) which adds +10% to Tracking skills. Can distinguish between the scents of infenals, demons, and other supernatural beings.
[b][u]Skills[/u][/b]
Acrobatics 84%, Climbing 88%/78%, Detect Ambush 55%, Detect Concealment 45%, Intelligence 40%, Land NAvigation 80%, Lore: Demons and Monsters 60%, Math: Basic 78%, Prowl 68% (half with rider on his back), Swimming 70%, Trail 72%, Tracking (People) 64%, Track (Animals) 70%, Wilderness Survival 90%.
[b][u]Combat Abilities[/u][/b]
Number of Attacks: 6 Initiative: +4 Strike: +2 Parry: +2 Dodge: +2 Roll w/: +3 Disarm: +2 Pull Punch: +4
[b]Damage:[/b] Bite: 1D4x10 M.D., Claw Swipe: 6D6 M.D., Power Swipe: 1D6x10 M.D. (2 attacks), Leap Attack w/ all 4 claws: 2D6x10 M.D. (3 attacks; 33% chance of pinning opponent.)   
[b]Saving Throws:[/b] +2 vs Psionics, +1 vs Magic, +6 vs Horror Factor.
[b][u]Vulnerabilities:[/u][/b] Tiger Beasts take triple damage from iron and double damage from silver and wood of a millenium tree.
[b][u]Psionics (Master):[/u][/b] Intuitive Combat (10), Presence Sense (4), See Aura (6), See the Invisible (4), Sixth Sense (2), Summon Inner Strength (4), Telekinetic Leap (8), Telekinetic Push (4), Mind Bolt (varies), Psionic Invisibility (10), Psychic Body Field (30), Radiate Horror Factor (8), Telekinetic Acceleration Attack (10-20)[/size]

Vortigern wrote:"My lady, I enter battle today with the ominous forces of Hades, and I require aid. Are you willing to assist me? We fight in a battle of great importance. The fate of Center is in the balance and the ramifications of its fate are hard to even fully fathom. Will you discuss terms for today?"

The Bhlaze coalesces into being in the center of Vortigern's circle. It looks to the summoner with a blank unfathomable expression. It listens to Vortigern's question before speaking, all the while looking around the blank dimensional pocket that Vortigern is currently in. "Hmph. You speak honeied words human. I know of the forces of Hades, and can clearly see you brook deals with infernal creatures yourself." Vortigern hears the Bhlaze say in a monotone voice.

Vortigern thinks on what he knows of Bhlaze and comes to a few realizations. They are ill suited to fight the supernatural as they are dramatically vulnerable to them. Vortigern also realizes that though Bhlaze are champions of the downtrodden slaves in their home systems, they rarely actually take up arms against orginizations and goverments, and finally Vortigern makes a mental note that Bhlaze hate evil in all it's forms, be it supernatural or mundane. This being known to him he has to use his will to dominate the creature, and knows that it likely will attempt to break free at the earliest convenience.

OOC Comments
I will stat her out soon.

Everyone Else

Holt can almost here the smile on the other side of the amulet before the connection cuts off.

The question of identifying the Generals by weapon's doesn't go unheard and the screen splits into multiple views showing the six Star Generals and their weapons of choice. They see the following weapons, a chain, a club, a mallet, a flail, an axe, and a halberd. All of the gathered minds have great ideas on how to possibly identify the Star General Halthag, but a few components are missing. No one knows what weapon he wields in the first place, so identifying him solely off of his weapon is unknowable, though categorizing them by their weapons at least allows them to identify each target without confusion. The rarity of his demonic race make the whole situation almost untenable. It leaves the magically inclined to the conclusion that the only true way to identify the true Star General is to actually be in their presence and either kill them or somehow dispel what makes them look alike.

In the armory all of the teams weapons are given fresh reloads and spent e-clips are traded for full ones.

Solaris' question to Commander Corbulo gets his attention. "Not that we can find. We are guessing they are using magical means to communicate their commands to the various groups."

Baron's request to COrbulo brings his attention about. "I think that can be arranged, not sure what they be able to do for you, but they're a cheap commodity." 6 of the flying probes are attached to the group.

Several more conversations happen on the idea of what to do next.

1 hour has passed by the end of this post

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Winston » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:29 am

Perception: 1d20+8 = 19
JIC: 1d20 = 9 / 1d100 = 4

Conditions: 146/192 Personal MDC

On hearing that another ride is available Winston parks the Silverhawk, retracts his tendrils and climbs out. Pulling off his helmet reveals a tangled, pungent mess of sweat dampened hair. As he unclamps his phase sword from Agatha he says, "Sorry darling but I don't think you're up for this."

Returning to the others he says to Corbulo with a smile, "I think we'll take both." Then to Baron, "One of us should take a Silverhawk and the other should pilot the Reaper. Which one do you want?"

Addressing the group he adds, "The Reaper will need a gunner to maximize its effectiveness."

On the subject of identifying the real Star General the pilot has nothing more to add and leaves the discussion to the more mystically inclined.
Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

Armor
Silverhawk: 420 MDC
NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
Personal: 192 MDC

Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

Abilities
Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
Winston
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Prothor » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 15 1d100 = 73

Conditions:

Prothor nods as they are directed toward the armory. Glancing around as the other scoop up some much needed ammunition, he changes out his empty E-clips and grabs a couple extra on top of that. He appreciates the time they spend gathering up ammunition in the armory as he watches the readout on his force field grow as the barrier re-charges strength.

Grinning to himself under his metal cyborg face, he hears Winston call out, and Prothor replies, "If you are in need of a gunner for the Reaper, I do have some familiarity with that machine." I also would enjoy the extra protection one gets from riding around in a large bot. Though it could be just be a larger target.

Looking around the room at the others, Prothor says, "We can procrastinate and discuss this until we're blue in the face. I still think our best bet is a simultaneous strike on all the bear generals."
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:

M.D.C. by Location

-Weapons:
Skull of Saint Sabatt
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:44 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 18
JIC: 1d100 = 83

Vortigern treats the lady who guides him to the Time Hole space with all due decorum, seemingly without rancor or resentment at her rushing manner. "Many thanks my lady. Many thanks indeed." he murmurs as he proceeds about his work.

When the Angels treat him with derision Vortigern frowns, muttering under his breath after he receives a trio of negative answers in succession. Setting his features in a more grim line he continues.

Yet when the Devilkind likewise seem to find no value in striking a bargain, he grumbles darkly and shakes his head in derision. "As if allies are of no use to anyone?" he mutters before moving on. Time is not to be wasted under such circumstances. Not until his retinue was properly filled out in preparation for the battle to come.

The Tiger Beast he will spend some time evaluating, seeking to develop some warrior rapport with. "Have you trained with the Host? I seek a trained warrior for war mount and service in my retinue. If so we should settle on signals and riding form and technique. Basic tactical understanding, before we are in combat and relying upon one another." he says, going further into detail and feeling the beast out. If it proves unsuitable, of poor enough temperament that a replacement might be more suitable ... Vortigern does not hesitate to dismiss the one and Summon a replacement using the same Circle and his mastery of the words of power. The Summoner's knowledge is broad and deep and he turns his understanding of the creatures and entities that he deals with into weeding through and selecting the Beast best suited to serve.

The Blhaze likewise he interviews and attempts to sound out. The race lends itself to heroism no doubt. Perhaps by virtue of their history and their culture. Yet they are no more uniform in their hearts and minds than any other race of individuals. Speaking patiently he asks direct questions to evaluate the suitability of each prospective creature he summons should any prove to have a less than suitable temperament or attitude. "If my words are not sweet enough perhaps I can find something else to your liking my lady. Tell me of yourself, truthfully. What occupies you? Or did before I brought you here? What goals, what drives? Tell me your methods in combat. We needs must come to a tactical understanding here and now, before it is necessary and too late. I fight a great foe today. A great evil. A plague on all worlds, if he wins this battle. And so I need considerable aid. How might you aid me?"

- - -

Later when Vortigern returns from his seclusion he approaches Corbulo directly, bowing and inclining his head even as his summons find space in the periphery of the room behind him. "Lord Corbulo I regret to inform you that neither set of negotiations were successful. Neither Angel nor Devil were inclined to come to terms. Strange it seemed for the Angels. I have always known them to be arrogant yet seldom to rarely dismissive of something of such high stakes. They must either have dire needs elsewhere or ... be reasonably confident of a fair outcome for us. I hesitate to assert which. The Devils... they seemed to find little advantage in parlaying with us. Perhaps they seek to let us take the risks and the brunt of any combat with Halthag striking themselves only if necessary. Else wise I can not discern why they would pass on the opportunity to see such a blow dealt to such a great enemy. Regardless I thought you should know straight away. I was unable to negotiate for any further reinforcements despite the most generous assistance that was provided to ensure I had time to do so. Though perhaps having little to no bargaining power to strike a deal with them did complicate matters." he says, seemingly pensive and ... very much admitting to something he finds distasteful and perhaps even embarrassing.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:17 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 5
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 43
OOC Comments

M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Main Body - 378/400
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Sorrenson watches the footage of the copies of the Demon General. He looks up, blinks and announces to the room. "Okay! Here's what I think. We've got 6 beary dudes: Chainy, Clubby, Mallet-face, Flailboy, Axey and finally The Halberd One. I don't think Chainy, Clubby or Mallet-Face are the goober we want. Why not you ask? Well, what kind of self respecting, high ranking demon general is gunna choose a dirty old chain, or a mere stick or a bloody hammer as their iconic tool-of-the-trade? No no! That's not nearly intimidating enough. The Fail, Axe or Halberd, on the other hand, kick ass at being bad ass. Therefore I'd wager the real one is one of those three." He pauses for effect and finishes. "Yeah, that's all I've got. I really don't know which one is the real one."

Winston wrote:Winston parks the Silverhawk, retracts his tendrils and climbs out. Pulling off his helmet reveals a tangled, pungent mess of sweat dampened hair. As he unclamps his phase sword from Agatha he says, "Sorry darling but I don't think you're up for this."

Sorrenson watches this over his cup of coffee. He turns to his Drudge and looks at for a second. "Don't look at me like that. You're no darling. I'm never gunna call you darling. That over there is a Silverhawk, a state-of-the-art piece of Power Armored perfection. you, in comparison, are an off the shelf, out of date and over the hill labor unit. That Silverhawk is a thing of beauty and you're like its retarded cousin. The reason I brought you is because I could afford you. I couldn't afford even a half decent combat unit. Sorry, sometimes the truth hurts. Now now, don't go getting all butt hurt. I knew what I was buying. Well, I thought I did. I thought I was buying something that would work for a while and then when I could I'd buy something new, something better... Yeah, I'd use you as a stepping stone to greater things." He gently pats the leg of his power armor. "Well, I was wrong. I mean, look at you! You're still in really good shape! Look at the shit we've been through together! I made you. When I made you I had no idea what it would mean to me. No idea what it would do to me. Yeah, I made you and in a way you made me... So 'no darling' for you. You're my 'baby', and I love you." He smiles to himself, basking briefly in this unexpected heart-warming moment. His smile quickly fades. Oh, I said that out loud didn't I?
Sorrenson

Postby Thought » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:11 pm

<< Rolls Carried >>

Abruptly, Thought appears to realize something. Dull eyes brighten and he skeptically looks around, finding that Starchief is near.

"Scuse me." He says to Solaris. "Me back one second, want hear what you say."

Then he scratches his head at Starchief, metal clanking on metal as he does.

"Hrrmf, him Captain?" Thought asks. "Why nobody ask about missiles? Or maybe did and am deaf and dumb too." The idea seems to crack Thought up a touch, because he smiles a little. "Must have some missiles left? Them good guys. No can have used all of them on demons. Maybe if no have some enough missiles here, have space ships with missiles? Need long range ones anyway, but maybe hit all whole bunch times with missiles and see which one still standing and go get that one? Someone have missiles! It big solar system. It simple, but if know where Hag Stag General is, why not soften up first? If him leader of whole demon army, him be real strong. It no hurt anyone to try anyway, cept maybe him Hag Stag. Bet one that is real Hag Stag look hurt less after missiles too even if no all go down. What got lose? Someone have few missiles, somewhere. If nobody have missiles, we go take some?"

His bit said, Thought returns his attention to Solaris; awaiting her reply.

Current Characters:

Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Solaris » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:52 am

((Rolls held))

Solaris, though distracted with trying to come up with a viable strategy, translates as best as she can for Thought (once he comes back) what Vort is saying. "Trade 4 is all that I know, though.", she admits apologetically.

Poor lug, I wonder if he's always been this way or if he had some kind of accident.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Solaris

Postby Prothor » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:45 am

[Rolls held]

Prothor nods at Thought's statement, "Yes, I believe I suggested simultaneous missile strike earlier. Though if no missiles are available I believe Sorrensen's Dispenser of Justice could perform a similar effect provided we can keep it powered and have a sufficient supply of fusion blocks." He turns to Sorrenson, his metal faceplate is unable to display the wistfull feeling he has as he brings up the use of magic.
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:

M.D.C. by Location

-Weapons:
Skull of Saint Sabatt
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Thought » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:09 am

Someday, maybe Solaris should ask him.

He listens for a moment, then nods right back at Prothor.

"Them drones, or them robots or something. Someone have something that go fly and can make exploshun."

Twisting into a frown, he nods apologetically at Prothor.

"Sometimes no can tell why my idea and what someone elses. Maybe hear thing sometime and it just no stick. Doctor told me have big brains and thing get lost in them."

Solaris' simplification of the words seem to help though.

Also of note is that Thought was looking a little bit wounded, shot, damaged, etc whatever one wants to call it, but over the course of the meeting he seems to be regenerating.

Current Characters:

Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Starchief » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:43 am

JIC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 46

Chain. Mallet. Club. Flail. Halberd. Axe. Those will be their designations for this operation.

Prothor wrote:"We can procrastinate and discuss this until we're blue in the face. I still think our best bet is a simultaneous strike on all the bear generals."

"I'm in full agreement. The time to strike is now. The longer we wait, the longer they have to turn the tide. We must destroy Star General Halthhag. Corbulo, I need distances between Generals and at least six missiles capable of reaching each of them. Sorrenson, your Dispenser of Justice, what is the range on that? A fusion block is pretty strong stuff. If I understand correctly, you're teleporting the blocks to their destination. If that could be done from far enough away, one fusion block per General would be a good start. The official designations of the Generals will be as follows: Chain. Mallet. Club. Flail. Halberd. Axe. Once we strike each of them once, we will move in on the one that seems unphased by it. Suit up. We leave in ten."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

Saving Throw Bonuses:

Starchief

Postby Thought » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:40 pm

<< Carried Again >>

Thought, once Starchief is done his heroic speech, reaches out towards him.

He will attempt to gingerly tap him on the shoulder.

"Him Captain." He asks, carefully.

"Thank you for good gun. Thought have gear of own, but it guesses no find it anymore. Stupid demons. Anyway, maybe want talk about more borrow until fight done? Thought honest cow, will give back, but maybe Thought get killed and no able to give back so him Captains call."

Once again, there is the characteristic head scratch from him.

"Maybe force field and something that hurt them demons good?"

He'll clearly understand if Starchief says no, as everything about his body language suggests he hates asking.

Current Characters:

Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tis » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 1d20+5 = 12 +3 magic, machines, or their combination
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 5
Stats
Stats: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/125 • • ISP: 58/33
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105
Conditions:

Halthag Research Skills
Accessing and enlisting local resources
Computer Operation 75% / 1d100 = 74
Artificial Intelligence 63% / 1d100 = 83
Supplementing the main research
Lore: Magic: / 1d100 = 20
    General Knowledge: 60%;
    Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 50%;
    Recognize Enchantment 42%
Galactic History 55/50% / 1d100 = 82
Mythology 55% / 1d100 = 39
Research; Halthag and his Species
Lore: Demons & Monsters 30% Auto:Crit
Research 40% Auto:Crit

PSIONICS USE: Machine Ghost (-12)

Tis decides her best contribution may be in discovering information which permits them to identify and destroy the true General. She also will include the likely impostor's (the Raksasha) in her research.
Perhaps some secret weakness exists to exploit against them, which is almost as good as anything regarding the General. The Machine teaches us to that information is life and knowing the enemy is winning the war... there must be some help some where in this regard!

Tis asks Corbulo if she may access the extent of the information available to the Prometheans. She is looking not only for information on the above, but Center's known experts in demonology she may contact for help. In an after thought she may regret Tis asks Corbulo:

"Can send you a message asking Klynncryth what he may know regarding this General and his race. Few here are older or more learned in dark matters. Set up a meeting if necessary and I will ask him myself."

Note: Tis will be willing to spend as much time out from the main mission as required in order to acquire the information.
Tis

Postby Baron » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:50 pm

Chico Barone
Perception: 1d20+7 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 63
Stats and Conditions
Weapon in hand: Built-in Particle Beam attached to NE-BA-226 (6/10 shots 3/4 eclips)
M.D.C. by Location

Power Armor: NETW-PA
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack

Skills:
Baron
Multi-tasking, Mechano-Link
Computer Operation 109% / 1d100 = 29
Computer Hacking 114% / 1d100 = 30
Computer Programming 119% / 1d100 = 100
Electronic Counter Measures 99% / 1d100 = 35
Basic Math 109% / 1d100 = 93
Radio: Basic 99% / 1d100 = 77
Mathematics: Advanced 89% / 1d100 = 98
Drones
• Land Navigation 86% / 1d100 = 94 / 1d100 = 97 / 1d100 = 19 / 1d100 = 51 / 1d100 = 68 / 1d100 = 91
• Mathematics: Basic 98% / 1d100 = 47 / 1d100 = 67 / 1d100 = 1 / 1d100 = 9 / 1d100 = 46 / 1d100 = 46
• Prowl 75% / 1d100 = 16 / 1d100 = 6 / 1d100 = 92 / 1d100 = 82 / 1d100 = 93 / 1d100 = 81
• Radio: Basic 98% / 1d100 = 54 / 1d100 = 84 / 1d100 = 36 / 1d100 = 73 / 1d100 = 2 / 1d100 = 37
• Tracking 60% / 1d100 = 20 / 1d100 = 62 / 1d100 = 49 / 1d100 = 15 / 1d100 = 28 / 1d100 = 22
• Track Radio Transmissions 60% / 1d100 = 53 / 1d100 = 58 / 1d100 = 78 / 1d100 = 26 / 1d100 = 68 / 1d100 = 80
• TV/Video

Baron is disappointed by the numbers provided. Why so stingy with a "cheap" resource Corbs?

"Thanks," Mumbles Baron as he gets to work. His aim is to program each drone follow one particular target. The object is to track, including the amount and origin of incoming transmission, and record and transmit an audio/video feed. Both in order to easily locate the Generals, and to keep watch for any identifying clues.

First He wants the drones to link with CAIN or similar AI so as to increase their intelligence capabilities. Then in addition to his own, Baron links Prothor, Holt, Solaris and Starchief to a frequency that allows them to access the video in their HUDs.

"Vid feed on your HUDs should be available now," Baron informs them.

Finally, Baron inputs the last known location and a priority to travel in service ducts and other unseen places when possible.

"Godspeed my little bobbles, godspeed. Cheezo guide your way!" Baron prays to the only religious power he knows as he sends the drones on their way.
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Holt » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 20
JiC D20: 1d20 = 16 (+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
JiC D100: 1d100 = 99

Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], Rapid Healing [Regens 9 MD/hr], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], ON], Black Fist Sensor Pod [ON], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil]

Intelligence [89%]: 1d100 = 26

Holt listens carefully to the others and cocks an eyebrow at Metri from within his emotionless PA Helmet, "Well gee, that sounds like an interesting and potentially very fast method of committing suicide ... Maybe we keep that one as a Plan X? ... The demons have already shown the ability to hit me with some kind of whammy that can toss off my Teleportation abilities. That little plan could leave me unable to >>Pop<< in a straight line so to speak, and all the heck alone ... I mean if we can't come up with anything else, I guess we could try it, but I really don't like it"

The Manarr turns briefly to Vortigern, "What do you use for a Teleportation circle? ... It sounds, based on all the preparations, like you would not be able to bring folks back. So Extraction would be limited to whoever I can get out ... "

He steps quietly over to Prothor and looks around circumspectly, "I think our numbers are low enough that a simultaneous strike on all of them would mean us breaking down into 6 pairs ... and in pairs, we just aren't sufficient to carve our way through to 6 different groups of bodyguards ... " he turns slightly to include Sorrenson, "Corbulo said he had a couple Silverhawks. If you want to use one of those and save your Ground-Pounder from damage, that's probably fine." [[OOC: Yes a Ground Pounder is another popular PA, but it feels kind of right ]]

In response to Baron he nods, "Ok, thanks for the heads up."

The big Minotaur guy had never responded to Holt's first inquiry, so he must not have been Icky, but he was still around after an hour so the Manarr taps his Gravpack and floats up to eye-level on the fellow who is equipped like he's walked off an Arena-Floor where he was supposed to be the loser, "Hey. I'm Holt. What's Your Name?" Holt gets whatever response and replies, ""Good to meet you >>Name Given<<. I have a couple spare blades up on my ship. You wanna borrow on or those Naruni cutters? Or a Magic blade? ... matches Prothor's over there. Hey!! Prothor, Hold up your blade will ya?? ..."
Holt D'Invictus

Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Thought » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:28 am

<< Rolls carried again! >>

Thought now has to divide his attention between carefully waiting to hear what Starchief tells him -- he's his captain after all, and he's the most important voice in all of the command center.

Holt has some very compelling and interesting things to say though, and the steel skinned minotaur's eyes track where he's indicating and his eyes seem to light up.

"Wow! Him Prothor have nice sword. Yes, please, mister Holt, Thought can use. Me Thought."

He looms, half leaning towards Holt now, dull-witted eyes taking the Manaar in.

"Thought lost everything cept this and this to stupid demons." He indicates his sword and his shield with a shrug, both very mundane objects. "So anything have can help me Thought, me take and me be very thanks. Am sure it help lots. Friends being real good to me, so me fight good for friends, me go with spoon and fork if have to. No want to, but no know much about things. What you think Thought should take? "

Speaking of which, he unslings the NE-99 from his shoulder and offers it back to Starchief, after having secured fresh batteries/clips/stared at someone helplessly until they charged the batteries for him.

"Him Captain want gun back? Is good gun, thank you for borrowing to me."

Never mind he probably needs it, at least between Starchief and Holt they can make educated guesses on what to equip their new brute with.

Abruptly though, Thought smiles.

"Going be fun, me never part of something so big and important before! Going stick sword right in Rag Bear Stag's .... "

He sneezes, cowishly.

Good thing he's metal or that'd have been a wet one.

"Bleeeh!" He says to Holt. "Now that was Icky. Why call me Icky before, too? Wasn't icky, no poop self. Not done that since ten. Or was it twelve? Anyway! Me no icky, me kleen, me also Thought."

Current Characters:

Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 am

[Rolls held]
Prothor wrote:"Yes, I believe I suggested simultaneous missile strike earlier. Though if no missiles are available I believe Sorrensen's Dispenser of Justice could perform a similar effect provided we can keep it powered and have a sufficient supply of fusion blocks."

The Drudge nods at Prothor. Good idea man! "Yeah, I've got five in the clip, so someone would just need to feed the 6th into the dispenser manually. That's not a big deal though. Power wise, I'd need a mana top up for sure. As it is right now, I could deliver maybe...4? If nothing else, I could draw mana from some of the spare p.p.e. clips I saw in the armory. It's like putting ya tongue on a battery - zingy!"
Starchief wrote:Sorrenson, your Dispenser of Justice, what is the range on that? A fusion block is pretty strong stuff. If I understand correctly, you're teleporting the blocks to their destination. If that could be done from far enough away, one fusion block per General would be a good start.

Sorrenson turns to Starchief. "Range should be fine: 20 miles. All I need is a video feed."
Baron wrote:"Vid feed on your HUDs should be available now,"
Sorrenson checks his HUD. "Oi, be a sweetie and send it to me too plz. If we're gunna dispense some justice I need eyes on the targets."
Sorrenson

Postby Baron » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Rolls carried....
Sorrenson wrote:
Baron wrote:"Vid feed on your HUDs should be available now,"
Sorrenson checks his HUD. "Oi, be a sweetie and send it to me too plz. If we're gunna dispense some justice I need eyes on the targets."

"Oh Shit, sorry Sorrey, of course. Why am I being stingy anyway?"

Baron proceeds to extend the feed to Sorrenson and every other HUD on the team.

Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:53 am

A series of conversations
Winston
Winston tells Commander Corbulo that the group would like both, Corbulo for his part shrugs and nods. "Lomm, have that reaper brought as close to the Command Center as you can and get the armory to dig up one of the silver Hawk units." Corbulo says into a monitor. "Will do sir." Replies Kruxxis Lomm from the other side of the monitor, from wherever he's at currently.

Winston's request for a gunner doesn't go unheard as Prothor steps up to the plate offering his services.

Prothor
Prothor gathers ammo for his array of weaponry, before joining the group again. He arrives in time to offer his services to Winston as a gunner in the Naruni Reaper. Then lets the others know that he thinks simultaneous strikes on all the generals would be a good idea.

Vortigern
Vortigern wrote:"Have you trained with the Host? I seek a trained warrior for war mount and service in my retinue. If so we should settle on signals and riding form and technique. Basic tactical understanding, before we are in combat and relying upon one another."

The tiger like devil seems to ponder Vortigern's word for a moment. "I have acted as a mount before, and have gloriously slain many enemies. If you show me what signals you'd care to use I shall learn them and use them with you. I'm not sure there is much riding form that can be explained with words, you can either ride or not... I cannot help you there, though I shall not try and toss you off or anything." The creature says in a deep throaty bass growl. "What Tactics do you plan on using, I am your servant unfortunately not your master. You tell me what to do and I'll do it." The creature says in an almost mocking tone, before laying down and resting it's massive head on its fore paws.

Vortigern wrote:"If my words are not sweet enough perhaps I can find something else to your liking my lady. Tell me of yourself, truthfully. What occupies you? Or did before I brought you here? What goals, what drives? Tell me your methods in combat. We needs must come to a tactical understanding here and now, before it is necessary and too late. I fight a great foe today. A great evil. A plague on all worlds, if he wins this battle. And so I need considerable aid. How might you aid me?"

The Bhlaze seems flabbergasted at Vortigern. "What occupies me? I seek to throw the shackles of oppression off of the people of my world. Do you not understand what I am, are you just grasping at straws Summoner." The energy being says with a huff. "I am a Bhlaze, I fight like all my kind do. I am a being of pure energy, and I use that to fight. I do know of this plague you speak of, and It will likely be the death of me. We are more vulnerable to the attacks of the supernatural evil than most anything else in the Megaverse. So give your commands, I am bound by your magics for now to obey them." She says coldly.

(GM Note, you do not have the materials to summon multiples of each creature, they require live sacrifices of creatures much larger than you have. So take them or leave them. ~Consumer.)

Vortigern wrote:"Lord Corbulo I regret to inform you that neither set of negotiations were successful. Neither Angel nor Devil were inclined to come to terms. Strange it seemed for the Angels. I have always known them to be arrogant yet seldom to rarely dismissive of something of such high stakes. They must either have dire needs elsewhere or ... be reasonably confident of a fair outcome for us. I hesitate to assert which. The Devils... they seemed to find little advantage in parlaying with us. Perhaps they seek to let us take the risks and the brunt of any combat with Halthag striking themselves only if necessary. Else wise I can not discern why they would pass on the opportunity to see such a blow dealt to such a great enemy. Regardless I thought you should know straight away. I was unable to negotiate for any further reinforcements despite the most generous assistance that was provided to ensure I had time to do so. Though perhaps having little to no bargaining power to strike a deal with them did complicate matters."

Commander Corbulo looks at the summoner. "I'm not surprised of any of that. The Angelic host is rare in the three galaxies and from what I've been hearing We are not the only front. The Deevils are already here and mucking up perfectly good operations, no wonder they told you no. They don't care about us, only the death of their enemies." Cobulo states plainly before going back to some screen to adjust some manner of a tactical issue.

Sorrenson
Sorrenson for his part makes some guesses as to which General is the real one, based off of the weapons they wield. Sorrenson then moves on to waxing poetic about his modified Naruni Drudge. To the more tech minded around it seems sweet, if not a little disturbing.

Thought
Upon Thoughts approach of Commander Corbulo, the Promethean looks up a look of irritation in his face, not that Thought can tell. After speaking Corbulo smiles and nods his head. "Thought of that already big guy. I have tons of missiles and he has tons of fodder to throw up in front of it, he'll keep sacrificing demon flies to keep the missiles off of his ground troops and himself. As for space ships we're not really easily accessible to the docks and most of my ships are tied up fighting the demons in space. Good Idea, but not likely going to work." Corbulo says patiently.

Solaris
Solaris tries her best to translate for thought whenever things get confusing for him. It's not a glamorous job, but someone has to do it.

Prothor, Thought, Starchief
Prothor joins in with the idea of missles strikes, but adds in that Sorrenson can use his techno-wizard launcher as well. Thought mentions something about drones, but the tiny units that Corbulo has tasked to the team would be ill suited to the task. Starchief also joins in on the conversation about missiles.

Tis
Tis asks Commander Corbulo to get her in touch with Klynncryth. "I can try, but I have no control over whether he'll answer or not." The commander responds before turning away to make the call. Several minutes pass before Corbulo turns about. "I'll be damned he answered, linking the call through to you."

"Speak mortal for my time is worth something unlike you." Comes the wet sounding voice on the other end. Tis poses her question to the Splugorth lord of level four. The line is silent for several long moments. "He's of an ancient and archaic race of demons... To be perfectly honest I thought his kind was wiped out millennia ago in some war over a patch of dirt. Turns out at least one survived. He's a Dysasha, distant relatives to Raksasha. I do not know much of them as they don't cause me issues, and are rarer than hens teeth. I have no more info to give and have a defense to mount." The connection goes silent. Tis makes her way to quiet corner to begin accessing digital libraries.

Baron
Baron quickly repurposes the six drones he's been given and gives them each a task, before sending them off. Three of the drones seem to get lost in the endless maze of tunnels they would have to travel through, while the other three seem to be able to make it to their targets. Of those three one of them is quickly eaten be some unknown creature. The two that have views of their targets are looking upon the General armed with a Chain and the General armed with a leather wrapped club. They appear to be legitimate generals commanding troops and what not. Baron sees that each general's retinue consists of several powerful demons including a pair of Balrogs each.

Holt
Holt joins the conversation by letting the others know he will not be teleporting to scout the targets unless there is no alternative. He also brings some logic in the striking all six simultaneously would reduce them to groups of two and likely also be suicide missions. Holt follows this up by offering Thought a choice of weapons. To which Thought takes Holt up on the offer of the Soul Crafted Longsword.

The rest
Sorrenson educates the others on his Dispenser of Justice, while camera feeds are passed around and few conversations continue. Commander Corbulo sighs before moving towards the group. "So has a decision been made on how to proceed? The longer we wait, the more likely we'll miss our chance to execute the General."

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Holt » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:00 am

Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 16
JiC D20: 1d20 = 7 (+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
JiC D100: 1d100 = 44[/quote]

Holt cocks an eyebrow inside his helmet, again thankful that the face shows no expression because angering this fellow may border on unwise, "Icky was the name of another Minotaur that was with us earlier. I made the mistake of thinking You we're him. I see now that You are not him. You are another Minotaur named after an abstract ... very interesting. Since you are interested in helping, I will go ahead and let you borrow some gear. I will be right back ..." >>POP<<.

Holt will retrieve:

Soul Craft Longsword,
P-Field Defensive Field Harness [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] + 2 Batteries,
HI-80 Laser Rifle
He will also bring the fellow the Bone Talisman that lets its wearer See the Invisible, since that may help and no one else is using it.

OOC: Posting from Phone. Will try to edit in Stats later.
Holt D'Invictus

Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Baron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 am

Chico Barone
Perception: 1d20+7 = 27
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 87
Stats and Conditions
M.D.C. by Location

Power Armor: NETW-PA,
Permanent Conditions:
  • Impervious to Fear

Skills
Multi-tasking, Mechano-Link
Navigation 109% / 1d100 = 99 / 1d100 = 91 / 1d100 = 94
Computer Operation 109% / 1d100 = 79
Computer Hacking 114% / 1d100 = 92
Computer Programming 119% / 1d100 = 18
Electronic Counter Measures 99% / 1d100 = 89
Basic Math 109% / 1d100 = 78
Radio: Basic 99% / 1d100 = 87
Mathematics: Advanced 89% / 1d100 = 23

Drones
• Land Navigation 86% / 1d100 = 68 / 1d100 = 82 / 1d100 = 14
• Mathematics: Basic 98% / 1d100 = 98
• Prowl 75% / 1d100 = 72 / 1d100 = 79 / 1d100 = 50 / 1d100 = 24
• Radio: Basic 98% / 1d100 = 93 / 1d100 = 90 / 1d100 = 28 / 1d100 = 22
• Tracking 60% / 1d100 = 14 / 1d100 = 42 / 1d100 = 33 / 1d100 = 83
• Track Radio Transmissions 60% / 1d100 = 3 / 1d100 = 29
• TV/Video
• APM 5 • Strike (with arm) +1 • Automatic Dodge +4 • Roll w/ Impact +1
Dodge: 1d20+4 = 18 / 1d20+4 = 7 / 1d20+4 = 18 / 1d20+4 = 12 / 1d20+4 = 5 / 1d20+4 = 17 / 1d20+4 = 7 / 1d20+4 = 21 / 1d20+4 = 12 / 1d20+4 = 9 / 1d20+4 = 21 / 1d20+4 = 14 / 1d20+4 = 13 / 1d20+4 = 11 / 1d20+4 = 13 /
2 on target; 3 wandering; 1 lost

Baron watches in dismay as one of his bobbles is destroyed and three others get lost.
Cheezo!? What the fuck.

"See, this is why I asked for 360... " Baron mumbles under his breath in Corbulo's direction. Baron attempts to reset the three lost drones and send them on course again (skills above). Then he reports the single bit of info he was able to glean.

"So... two of these chumps are accompanied by a pair of B-rogs each. General Chain and General Leather-bound Club. I suppose if one Bear has a different retinue, then that might mean something...."

Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Tis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:12 pm

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 1d20+5 = 22 +3 magic, machines, or their combination
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 77
Stats
: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/125 • • ISP: 58/33
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skills
Galactic History 55/50% / 1d100 = 4
Mythology 55% / 1d100 = 82
Lore: Magic / 1d100 = 48
    General Knowledge: 60%(+5%);
    Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 50%(+5%);
    Recognize Enchantment 42%

Research: Auto Crit
Lore: Demon & Monster: Auto Crit

"Everyone, I have directed the Dyasha and Halthag info your way. Such as it is..."
Tis packages here info in a text file and sends it to everyone on the crew:
Research Report
Tis wrote:Dysasha are an ancient breed of bear-like Greater Demons that are distant cousins of the Raksasha. Most Dysasha rejected and abandoned Hades eons ago when they threw their fortunes in with the Persian god, Ahriman. As fate would have it, that decision would see almost all Dysasha imprisoned in an alien dimension where they remain to this day. Only a tiny handful can be found scattered across the Megaverse, and even fewer in Hades. Halthhag's association with the demons of Hades makes him an outcast and traitor to his species. The ambitious General doesn't care, pointing out that his people are, for the most part, no longer part of the Megaverse.

The few Fragments of Halthag's name across time let Tis know the following things.
He is a prince.
He rose to his rank mostly through Betrayal, but his military stratagems are what got the attention of the Demon Lords of Hades.
Dysasha's only truly known vulnerability are Good Aligned Rune weapons, they can be hurt by other means, but the power of those particular rune items are far more damaging.

Tis continues to to research, looking for clues, and/or where one might find a stash of Good Rune weapons. Perhaps the Prometheans have a museum? How does one procure rune weapons of pure spirit in a short time?

She has a sudden realization: She has the Splugorth Lord on the line. Depending on Timeline Tis either uses her natural talents (Machine Ghost: 12) to reopen the frequency or she just tags it on at the end of her conversation with the Sploog.

"My Lord Klynncryth, is it possible that you have collection of rune weapons whose, er... moral disposition makes them unusable to you and your people? May we use any such assets to bring a decisive end to this unprofitable war?"
Tis

Postby Thought » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 | 1d20+1 = 8
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 10
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 100
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 4

While waiting for Holt to arrive, Thought has a thought.

"Anyone have smoke?" The minotaur wonders. "That something else I lose. Stupid demons. Nobody likes them and they should just go home."

When the man does reappear, one by one he puts all of the things on. He's still wearing the very tattered and burned remains of a TGE Invincible Guardsman's uniform, his steely skin showing through in more places than is covered. His belt is intact though and this gives him the idea to liberate some webbing from someone and make himself a makeshift harness. So the sword scabbard is buckled on, but not before Thought takes a few practice swings with it. The sound of an edge cleaving through the air is loud, and Thought is actually quite graceful about it. He moves through his forms with the ease of an agile fighter and an accomplished swordsman; and than as soon as he is done he returns right to slow-eyed and witted.

"Me thanky, Mr. Holt. Is a good sword."

The HI-80 is hung off of his shoulder, and then after having put those things on he realizes the last item Holt is giving him is a harness in and of itself. So one by one he has to unbuckle them and take them off, get the harness on and adjusted and put the sword back on -- along with his original one -- and the rifle too.

Then he takes the last thing, being careful not to break the gold chain; handling it as if it was glass.

"For serious, thank you. Maybe we all live long enough for to give this back to you."

The huge minotaur offers Holt a fist bump, and if he takes it will seem pleased as punch with himself. If he doesn't, he'll stand there for a minute or two with fist upraised until someone fist bumps him.

Then he'll look pleased. If nobody does, well, he just won't look pleased then.

Current Characters:

Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Baron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:04 am

Thought wrote:"Anyone have smoke?" The minotaur wonders. "That something else I lose. Stupid demons. Nobody likes them and they should just go home."

"Someone need smoke? I got you, Ferdinand, I'm holding. Coming at you!" Baron bounces over to the massive bovinoid. "Cheers, Big-Ears!"

The young mutant bumps the massive fist with one hand and then with the other flicks into Thought's open mouth an enormous
blunt

"That should be worth at least a snort of smoke for you, Big Guy."

Baron lights one up himself and to go with it cracks a can of
Cool Bananas

He offers a can of the banana-flavored soft drink to the minotaur, "'You a chef too? You know about Sauteed Paratee?"

Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bryke » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:04 am

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 67

I must meditate to regain my magic acumen.
The Time Master thinks before finding a place to comfortably sit in the fashion accustomed to and doing just that.

All at once everything around the promethean stops moving, as if frozen in time. Everything within the space the Time Master is occupying, all the promethean can perceive and all the promethean does not liquifies in an instant. This new substance then funnels inward centered somewhere near the beings chest, then funnels outward as if something huge and alive breathed in and breathed out all matter, atmosphere, and light. Smiling, the promethean recognizes a familiar, soundless, 'b-zzz-ng' sensation. One with the time stream or what the promethean calls 'The Inside-Out'. Bryke is in a place that seems to have no bounds or edges. Massive lightning storms crackle in the distance, but never yet has the sound of thunder reached the promethean. The time-space Bryke left surrounds the being as if grown infinitely large or the temporal warlock shrunk to an infinitely small size. No thing from the space Bryke just left can be touched or manipulated, which often gives the young promethean an odd sense of voyerism. Thought is seemingly locomotion here however and Bryke "grows" self back to size as a knee jerk response, noticing that the space just left and all that is in it appears flat like a painting or picture of itself, a 2D image, but if attention turns to something in particular, it can be brought into 3D space and observed... "no touching is allowed". A voice spoke to Bryke's mind, bypassing the natural mental autodefenses of his race, an afterthought now, Bryke moves to observe the two teams of beings currently with, pulling them into 3D space singly and then as a whole, rotating them, viewing, observing, gleaning, then Corbulo, and any others that grab attention.

Objects pass by at random, slowly, quickly, different shapes colors and materials. Some times the objects come in to contact with Brykes form causing an equally random assortment of reactions, displays, and sensations. This realm is alive, yet still, but always moving.

Time passes from Bryke's perspective until the length of time has gone on for so long it is no longer perceived. In this 'Inside-Out' new lessons are learned and knowledge gained.

Lightning crackles in the far off distance and Bryke recognizes it is time to return, how long he has been in this realm, not even the Time Master can tell.

Blinking intentionally, slowly moving his head and vision about, the promethean looks to his computer for the time. Bryke observes that not one pico-parsec (second) had passed this time, So the Promethean goes to stock up on supplies and gear, recalling that Sorrenson is their resident techie, he goes to the accomplished ratanoid and asks,

"Sorrenson can you check my forcefield generator? It died out on me and I just want to make sure its tip-top-shop?"
Died out, yeah, so we are lieing to teammates now is it- you shot yourself rookie-ass!!!
"Shots fired, my shield was hit- can you check it please?" Bryke says, noticeably agitated, but inwardly upset with himself.

Introspective and sistening to ALL the conversation he has missed out on Bryke says as if thinking out loud,

"Someone mentioned something about a big-assed bomb being dropped on 'The Six' we are calling em... bone head, axe, halberd, etc. no offense to the name maker of our designations I just don't care what we call the dead right now- honestly though, I forget which is which and who is who actually-" He chuckles.

Hope the human doesnt take offense, I honestly dont recall whos who

"-so I like the BIG-ASSED bomb thing - I mean who cant admire BIG-ASSED explosions right - what if we split up our groups and them right now?" Bryke says as if lost in thought and taken over by his own self perceived genius. Scratching his chin like a human male that can actually grow beards, he continues,
"- If we split our groups now, as in designate Axe 1, Axe 2, Axe 3, for say Starchief's group and then Axe 4, Axe 5, Axe 6 for ours, we can keep our teams small enough to strike and strike hard and with precision, but large enough that we wont be spread too thin. We stay in contact and designate one or two mobile members from each of our groups that can peel off so to speak and give help to the team being over run or in a pickle or during some unseen contingency?"
PPE: 236/126
ISP: 125/68
SDC:634/614 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke

Postby Vortigern » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC: 1d100 = 28

- - - During The Summoning - - -

Vortigern gives a rueful smile towards Carbuncle and quickly establishes basic tactical familiarity with the creature. "We have a truly great enemy we face today. You could fight and war for a thousand years or more and not see the like again, or a battle of greater import. With Victory you may yet win a place by my side in my retinue. Not to mention eternal and immortal glory. Defeat, as ever, will earn only blood and death. This will be the first step of establishing myself on this plane. A mighty victory which builds a great name, a great legend, and the strength and power that comes from it. You will help me do this, and in victory share in the spoils. I reward loyal and capable retainers well. Disloyalty is punished and met with all due vengeance. Remember both well."

The Blhaze gets an altogether different reaction. A look of mild annoyance crosses his features as he gestures at the blazing energy creature, that nonetheless radiates a palpable femininity, with a dismissive and commanding manner. [b]"Keep your manners about you woman. I've no desire or patience for feminine nagging or prattling. I am a Lord, Your Lord, and your bearing and courtesy will reflect this."
he says, shifting his weight and turning slightly away as he starts stowing away his Circle Components back away in his satchel. "Be mindful and attentive. Your assigned role is not to directly engage in main with the enemy. You will scout, provide aerial support and cover as needed, and use your abilities to suppress and disrupt the capabilities and action of the enemy. I do not expect you to bodily confront our great enemy by any means. If you are significantly wounded retreat, regenerate, and return. If your simulacrum is destroyed, retreat back into friendly held ground immediately, and work to build another as rapidly as you may. Your life is not something I judge to be of no value." he says, his tone softening somewhat as he goes along until near the end he is more warm and friendly once again.

Before he departs the Time Hole he turns to face them both. "You are both forbidden from attacking myself or my allies. Or subverting my will, my commands, or my interests. You may not revealing information or confidence concerning myself, my interests, or my allies or their interests to others without my leave or in the fulfillment of my command. You both are to protect both myself and my allies, attacking my enemies. If any of my allies betray me or turn against me, they instantly become my enemy and are no longer protected."

Vortigern also takes this moment to redistribute the forcefield harnesses formerly worn by the Gargoyles to the Tiger Beast and the Blhaze instead.

- - - Back In The Command Center - - -

Vortigern steps back away from Corbulo once his report regarding the negotiations is complete. His manner betrays perhaps some inner fire or conflict he says nothing at first. Instead he turns towards the other members of the group and looks about, judging their comments and reactions before he speaks. "I have little interest in wading through body doubles when there is so great a force defending this place that one would think could do such footwork on our behalf. His prowess is no doubt great. We can not afford to be worn down and weary by the time we reach him. Again I offer the construction of a Teleportation Circle. It could move all of us at once though it would take perhaps 45 minutes to an hour to construct. But we could spend that span or more moving between and combating the first three or four Generals and their retainers. So it would save time, ultimately, if we were able to properly determine our destination. Yet to do that we needs must identity the General before we ourselves are committed in force."

He turns his attention then to Holt, speaking to him directly. "You are correct in that the Circle is more than not one-directional. It has few special components, though activation does require a valuable component to be sacrificed. Thus it tends to be used sparingly. It is however capable of transporting large quantities of people or goods both long distances. And the destination can readily be adjusted and the Circle reused or put to different purposes so long as the Circle remains intact."

The immense Tiger creature that is Carbuncle slinks as much as something of such bulk can in the wake of Vortigern. Pausing behind him its head looms over his shoulder and speaks with some derision of tone as it listens in to the conversation. The pitch and tone seem only slightly too loud to be 'just for Vortigern' but ... not loud enough to be easily claimable to be otherwise either. "Missiles? Bombs? Space Craft?" he says, his voice a low and lethal rumble as he picks up one paw and splays his claws before his own eyes. "Toys are no match for real strength. It will come down to fang, claw, and muscle in the end. It always does."

The bright red aura and light from the Blhaze is nearby. Her form spills out the light and energy readily, impossible to conceal. She hovers a few inches above the ground a bit behind both Vortigern and Carbuncle. Not quite hesitant yet not eager to participate in the war council by any means she drifts closer to Vortigern as things continue ... yet for the moment remains silent.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Next

Return to A City At War