[MW IV] Regicide

The Battle for Center has begun! Fight for your lives, and the fate of the Three Galaxies!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:29 am

Perception: 1d20 = 6 +3 Magical /Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 13
OOC Comments
PPE: 82/137
ISP: 24/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Baron wrote:"So... two of these chumps are accompanied by a pair of B-rogs each. General Chain and General Leather-bound Club. I suppose if one Bear has a different retinue, then that might mean something...."

Sorrenson brings up the images in his HUD. Ah, there they go. Ugly bastards! "So, should I dispense some justice on these two? See what they do?"

If the answer is yes, he'll send a fusion block at each after giving fair warning to the other viewers so the targets responses can be properly gauged.
Strike: 1d20 = 16, Damage: 4d6*10 = 100 M.D.
Strike: 1d20 = 10, Damage: 4d6*10 = 130 M.D.

Once that's done he'll get someone to replace the two used blocks in the magazine in the DoJ and will draw some replacement p.p.e. - either ambient or from a p.p.e. clip.

If the answer is a 'no' he asks why not. "Why not?"
Baron wrote:The young mutant bumps the massive fist with one hand and then with the other flicks into Thought's open mouth an enormousblunt

"Shit man, how much gear are you holding? It's like your supply is limitless!" Sorrenson asks Baron. That's a fine looking blunt! Not that I need any at the moment... I'd just fall asleep. Hmmmm sleep!
Bryke wrote:"Sorrenson can you check my forcefield generator? It died out on me and I just want to make sure its tip-top-shop? Shots fired, my shield was hit- can you check it please?"

The Drudge looks over that Promethean. Why do people always ask this stuff just before we move out? His mind recalling the mess he made of Baron's gun before the last fight. "Sure. However before I dismount, have you tried a hard reset? Hang on, what do you mean it got shot? The generating unit itself?"

Sorrenson notes Vort's new companions. "Man, you sure do have weird taste in 'friends'." First the gargs, now these two... I reckon this guy must be nuts, or evil. He's probably both."
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Vortigern » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:15 pm

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern turns towards Sorrenson giving a thin smile and inclining his head slightly. He gestures with one hand towards the massive Tiger-like creature first. "This one is called Carbuncle. A war mount and a warrior in his own right. He shall serve in my retinue for this engagement and perhaps earn a place at my side." he says looking over the great beast with some approval in his manner. "What he lacks in patience he makes up for in prowess. He has orders to defend and guard all of us as allies. Yet if you see another of his kind on the field today do not mistake them for even friendly much less allied." he says, his tone friendly... even jovial.

Carbuncle shifts his massive yellow tinted eyes towards Sorrenson, the immense cat eyeing the Ratanoid ... with no small similarity to any other cat eyeing any other rat. "Ahhhhh." he intones, the deep rumble of his voice betraying amusement and a gentle mockery. The long tail of the beast twitches back and forth as his face draws down and his nose is inches away from Sorrenson. "What is this my Master? My Lord? A snack? For me?" he says as his nostrils flare and he sniffs at the Ratanoid rather pointedly as a gleaming fang filled smile curls over his features. The claws of one massive paw drag lightly over the floor and produce thin metal filings peeling away under their immense power and sharpness. "A morsel to chase for sport? Oh you really shouldn't have. Yet I am glad you did."

Vortigern quirks a brow towards Carbuncle and gestures mildly towards him. "This one is called Sorrenson. An Ally. You will fight alongside him today. And I have seen him and his artifice suit in action. The, ah, man and his prowess will earn your respect today Carbuncle. Heed and observe upon the field." he says, though there is no rancor in his tone in the slightest. "Treat him as such."

There is always an adjustment and a refining of things to be done after changes to a retinue. It is nothing new.

The Blhaze approaches, giving an imperious toss to her red and glowing mane of pseudo-hair. Her gaze passes back and forth between Sorrenson and Vortigern for a long moment before she speaks. "Lord." she says, her tone soft though it seemed for a moment that the word did not want to escape her lips. "How long am I to stand and wait?" she says, resentment only just covered over with a veneer of politeness.

Vortigern appears thoughtful, and turns silent, for a long moment. "You." he says at last. "Your eyes see more than most. And your speed is an asset. Perhaps you could discern which General is the genuine article, if you were to scout on my behalf. To do so without pausing to engage anything." he says, nodding after a moment to himself. "Yes. That sounds excellent."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 180/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 295/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Starchief » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+4 = 21
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 75

"Sorrenson, fire away. Corbulo, I'll need some more ammo for my NE-99 before we roll out. Thought, if there's no other long range weaponry out here, feel free to hold on to that. I can make due up close. But then again, I think you're an up close type of guy as well." Starchief gives the huge metal minotaur a pat on the back and then turns to check on the rest of the team when he sees Vortigern return to the Command Center. "No angels or devils, but your summoning was still successful?" He looks over at the large tiger beast and nods. "That beast looks like a formidable ally. You've got it under control?" He notices the light coming from behind the two of them and inquires about it. "I would know that light anywhere, but it is impossible." Starchief positions himself to better see the being behind Vortigern and the Tiger Beast. "You are Bhlaze. How did you come to be here? I have fought by the side of many of your kind on my home world of Seeron. Do you know it?" Starchief looks visibly excited about the new arrival.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Prothor » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Percep: 1d20+1 = 12
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 59

Conditions: Force Field: 160/160

After stowing his replenished gear, Prothor wades through the crowd of adventures to a point near Winston and/or Baron, "So, who am I to be gunner for?" His face may be the immovable metal facade but his tone sounds almost excited at the prospect of manning the weapons on the large Reaper battle bot.

At hearing Sorrenson's question in regard to the Dispenser of Justice, Prothor looks over to the Ratanoid and agrees with Starcheif's affirmation, "Let them loose as soon as you have a lock. As Commander Corbulo said, we are time sensitive and need to get this done as soon as possible."

Prothor watches the feed of the multiple Demon Bear Generals in his HUD and waits to see what kind of effect the detonations will have on the demon's leader as he moves over to the Drudge and aids in reloading the Dispenser of Justice. If I were my old self I'd gladly donate my mystical energies to replenish the Drudge. But that time is gone.....for now.
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 160/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Solaris » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 21
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 99


"It seems foolhardy to me to split up if we don't have to.", Solaris mentions as the group continues to strategize.
"We need real intel on the targets, not just assumptions and theories. Let's conduct some recce and see what we can determine. The two with the bodyguard certainly seem to be the most likely targets. What do we know about these bear-demons? Can they teleport? Fly? How far out are their reinforcements? Can we cover possible escape routes?"

Solaris continues to study the maps and schematics of the area that she can find, hoping for inspiration, although translating for Thought also distracts her.
One minotaur for another. At least the other one could cook. Not that I could understand him fully, either.

Lisa looks at Starchief in disbelief as he gives the ok to light up two of the demons. She grits her teeth, trying not to comment. That's just reckless! We can't even confirm they're the right target and we're already showing our hand!

"If anyone needs a gunner, I can lend a hand. Might do more than the GR rifle, too.", Solaris offers.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Winston » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:30 pm

Perception: 1d20+8 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 37

Conditions: 146/192 Personal MDC

Prothor wrote:After stowing his replenished gear, Prothor wades through the crowd of adventures to a point near Winston and/or Baron, "So, who am I to be gunner for?" His face may be the immovable metal facade but his tone sounds almost excited at the prospect of manning the weapons on the large Reaper battle bot.


Winston's eyes narrow while he waits and watches Baron program the drones and give Thought a smoke and not answer his question. At Prothor's prompting he says, "That's a good question," while fixing Baron with an expectant look.

"Silverhawk or Reaper," he repeats. "Which one would you prefer?"

Maybe I've just been in the military too long but I think I'd go insane after five minutes on their ship.
Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

Armor
Silverhawk: 420 MDC
NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
Personal: 192 MDC

Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

Abilities
Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
User avatar
Winston
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:12 pm

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Holt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:37 pm

Holt wrote:Perception [+2]: Original post: 1d20+2 = 16
JiC D20: Original post: 1d20 = 7 (+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
JiC D100: Original post: 1d100 = 44


Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], Rapid Healing [Regens 9 MD/hr], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], ON], Black Fist Sensor Pod [ON], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil]

Holt hands off the weapons without much concern, and offers a much much smaller fist to Bump back at the large creature, "That sword will, in most situations pass right through armor. Thatone might have a bit of my blood still on the damn blade because my introduction to it was as it passed through my damn power armor without damaging it to cut up my leg. I kid you not, my left boot was full of damn blood after that fight, but the armor was fine."

The Manarr watches as Thought straps on the weapons and he nods, "Good good, you're comfortable with them, make sure you load your harness with clips. I forget to load up sometimes too, but I'm lucky because it's pretty easy for me to go back and get them from home ... "

Vortigern/Carbuncle wrote:"What is this my Master? My Lord? A snack? For me?" he says as his nostrils flare and he sniffs at the Ratanoid rather pointedly as a gleaming fang filled smile curls over his features. The claws of one massive paw drag lightly over the floor and produce thin metal filings peeling away under their immense power and sharpness. "A morsel to chase for sport? Oh you really shouldn't have. Yet I am glad you did."


Holt appears approximately 6 inches from the large creature's eye in an actual Eye-blink. He does not bother to draw a weapon but instead issues a response in a low steady voice that is absent of fear [Save vs HF: 1d20+9 = 21], "You would not survive that chase Carbuncle. No further warnings."
Holt D'Invictus

Personal MDC: 134/134
Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
Head/Helmet: 65/65
Main Body: 215/220
*** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
User avatar
Holt
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:05 am
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Vortigern » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern turns his attention a bit towards Starchief as the other man approaches and takes notice of first one summon and then the other. The Circle Sorcerer nods his approval after a moment as he raises his hands deftly adjusts the fit of each of his gauntlets while Starchief takes in the new sights. "Yes. I brought forth both to give us much needed aid in this battle." he says, his tone warm and friendly towards the other man. "This one, as I said, as war mount and bodyguard. Perhaps to earn a place in my retinue permanently if he proves himself worthy." he says, gesturing to the large Tiger Beast. "They are a hardy type, known for their prowess, so I have good hopes. The other shall serve as a scout and and support us from the rear line. It seems you are familiar with them? They have at once potent and interesting range of abilities. And a curious creature itself that I wished to study up close besides. I have heard that some are involved in various affairs throughout the Galaxies yet you are the first I've heard say they have encountered such."

When Holt interposes himself between Sorrenson and Carbuncle Vortigern looks from one to the other, observing the interaction quietly for a moment. "Carbuncle this is Holt. Holt, Carbuncle. Carbuncle needs must learn some courtliness. Even the roughest knight must be able to present himself well among allies. Lest anon he finds himself with none. I recall my Lord Father once had a man flayed and boiled in the courtyard for giving a similar moment of menace to one of my sisters when I was a youth. While perhaps a short lived lesson it was, I have small doubt, one clearly received." he says, his voice continuing in his warm, conversational, and even amused tone through to the end even as he gives Carbuncle a rather pointed look.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 180/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 295/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Metri » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:58 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+4 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 20 | 1d100 = 62%
-----------------------------------
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)
OP Field <17/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 79/142
ISP: 162/245
MDC: 63/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Enhanced Reflexes. 23.50 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Telekinesis: Super. 24.00 min. 800 lbs. 14 objects. 1400 ft range.
  • Telemechanics. 20.50 min. Touch or 5 ft range. 88% proficiency.
  • Eyes of Wolf. 31.50 min. Nightvision 60 ft. ID plants & fruits 70%. Identify Tracks 85%. Track: humanoids or animals 50%. Recognize poison 65%.


Holt's reaction to Metri's suggestion gives the Yhabbayar pause. Like a dog scolded for his actions, sadness washes over his face and his ears droop in shame. "Strong, my sense of tactics is not." Metri concedes before nodding apologetically and bowing out of the Star General hunting conversation. Instead turning his thoughts inward.

I was trained to be a diplomat. Instead, most of the time I am embroiled in physical conflicts. Clearly there are others whose minds have a better sense of tactics. I will leave the strategic decisions to them. My reserves are depleted, I should see to replenishing them.

During the preparations, Metri will look to find somewhere (i.e. ley line/nexus) to draw and replenish some of his PPE. Alternatively, he will ask Corbulo if he has any PPE batteries of any sort that he can spare for the upcoming conflict.
Metri | Explorer Points
Current Equipment
Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)

Status
PPE: 90/142
ISP: 193/245
MDC: 69/69
SoE. PPE: 65/80. <7/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 2/40. <5/5 spells>
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
Image
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Consumer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:00 pm

Conversations happen as intended

Holt takes approximately three minutes of time to teleport back to the Rogues Headquarters to gather a few items. Upon his return he hands the items over to Thought. Meanwhile Baron redirects his lost drones netting another finding it's way to a Star Demon General, this on wielding a Halberd, like the other two he is surrounded by a retinue of demons including two armored Bal-Rogs who are rarely more than ten feet away from the Demon General. Sadly one of the lost drones has a run in with some manner of sewer dwelling creature, and ceases to function. Tis continues to study the digital libraries, while trying to request Rune weapons from Lord Klynncryth, who's only response is laughter and a severed connection. Thought takes time to thank Holt before gearing up with the items Holt had brought him. Bryke finishes meditating, and follows this with asking Sorrenson if there is anything to be done to fix his Force Field generator. The Ratinoid is certain that the device is in it's cool down mode and nothing can be done for it.

Vortigern attempts to sell the idea of making a teleportation circle once again, but no one seems interested in it. During this time Sorrenson prepares to launch Fusion Blocks at the Demon Generals, bit calmly awaits orders. While he waits, Sorrenson makes fun of Vortigern's choice of minions, which illicits a rather disturbing response from the Tiger beast. Vortigern introduces his minions Carbuncle the Tiger Beast and Varya the Bhlaze, before trying to educate the Tiger Beast to not try and eat Sorrenson. Starchief gives Sorrenson the okay to fire on the Demon Generals, before asking the Bhlaze how she got there. "He summoned and en..." She stops suddenly and just waves a hand at Vortigern. Yes Starchief they have a reload for your gun. Prothor asks the very valid question as to whom will be piloting the Reaper and whether they wanted him as a gunner. Solaris again cautions for more reconnaissance, before also offering her services as a gunner if needed.

Winston follows up these questions with one of his own to Baron about which Power Armor or Robot Combat Vehicle he was going to take. Holt takes a few moments to explain the sword's powers to Thought before threatening Carbuncle for his outburst. Vort tries to apologize for Carbuncles commentary while ordering Varya to go and scout out the situation. She seems pleased for some reason as she flies off. Metri asks Corbulo if there are any spare P.P.E. batteries for him, in lieu of him not having access to a Ley Line or Nexus point. 3 are available.

Carbuncle speaks up once more. "This is boring my lord, we should be out there fighting not in here prattling on about reconnaissance." The tiger beast loudly proclaims while averting it's gaze from Holt. Commander Corbulo slaps his palm on his desk and yells out. "Figure yourselves out quickly, as I have people already out there who are not getting an inch of respite." It's about here when Sorrenson begins firing Fusion blocks at targets. He hits both and manages to damage whatever mystical shielding they have, but causes no other appreciable damage.

What are your intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Vortigern » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 4
JIC: 1d100 = 74

Vortigern shifts and turns his gaze towards the Blhaze as she prepares to depart. "Conduct your scouting with efficiency, and report back as soon as you have any meaningful results. Even if those results are 'I can't tell.', I wish to know sooner rather than later." he says, then turns away back to Starchief. "It appears the explosives were of limited value in testing the waters. We needs must devise another tactic, quickly, if Varya is not productive as a scout." he says, pausing then for consideration. "I am loathe to randomly engage regardless. Yet nor should we have any illusions that if he escapes the city, even defeated, that he will not be immediately preparing to return. However long that may take."

That can not be allowed. We must finish this today!
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 180/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 295/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:41 am

Perception: 1d20 = 18 +3 Magical / Mechnical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 78
OOC Comments
PPE: 137/137
ISP: 24/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Sorrenson frowns to himself when the blocks don't tell them anything worthwhile. Oh, well. Worth a try I guess. To be honest I'm just glad I hit both while everyone was watching. He refills his mana reserves and gives Prothor a PA suited thumbs up for replacing the spent blocks.

He radios Holt and simply says, "Thanks. I'll deal with this."

He walks the suit right up to Vort and cracks it open, so they can speak face to face. As he speaks he just sounds tired. "I don't like your 'friend', I don't like its threats, and I don't like you. I'll even tell you why. I don't like you because you get demons to do you bidding. I don't like you because you think you can study and learn from things like this." The Drudge's arm points at Carbuncle. "I don't like you because, ho ho, you think you can teach this 'rough around the edges knight' whatever-it-is some manners. I don't like you because you seem think someone getting flayed and boiled is jolly good fun, and a 'lesson well learned' when daddy orders it." The drudge's arm comes up and a a finger points to the side of Sorrenson's head and rotates back and forth. "You're wrong in the head. You know like crazy. Even worse than that you're crazy and evil. No one deals with demons willingly for very long with out getting the taint. Yeah, the kind of taint that thinks boiling people is a right laugh. So, do us both a favor and keep your fuzzy pal here on a tight leash and stay away from me, both of you."

Sorrenson turns to Carbuncle. "You do know where this is going don't you? You'll try to resist but his magic is strong and you can't escape. You'll be his mule for a very long time. Don't kid yourself, a mule is what you are now. Anyway, long service, the occasional battle, lots of boredom and long lonely journeys with a mere moral on your back. Can't be easy. Well, the worst bit has to be the ... you know? The...?" Sorrenson then seals up his suit so he can properly maneuver. He then turns and starts thrusting the Drudge's hips slowly across the room. He opens up speaker built into his suit and imitates Carbuncle's voice adding a layer of bored monotone, "Yes Master.... Hmmmmm.... You're so powerful.... So strong... (yawns)"

Imitate voices: 1d100 = 66/60
Pilot PA: 1d100 = 39 /79
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Bryke » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:58 pm

Perception: 1d20+2 = 22
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 71

"HAHAHAHA!!!" A deep bellowing laugh escapes Bryke's hulking muscled form, once the intention of Sorrenson's pelvic thrusting registers- as if someone sucker punched the promethean with a laughing stick.

Score ...INFINITY... for team Sorrenson. Bryke thinks amid the laughter. Head back, eyelids clenched and holding his stomach with both hands. He Hunches forward after a while placing his hands on his knees and slowly comes back to himself.

Thaaaat was fuh-ny!” He says to no one in particular. An ear to ear grin plastered across his scarred face.

The promethean walks away from the scene of Sorrenson and the gyrating drudge and approaches Corbulo,
Can you also spare anymore ppe batteries for me?” Bryke asks.

Bryke waits for the answer.

Contingencies:
If there are any ppe batteries leftover he will go and meditate without asking for anything else saying,
Let me know when we have agreed upon anything, ‘I must needs regain my strength’”
He chuckles at the good-humored pun thrown Vortigerns way.

If there are not Bryke will approach Metri tactfully and ask,
I didn’t think to ask for a ppe battery, but may I have one of those you just got? If I need it I will use it and if not I’ll give it back after?
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Thought » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:54 pm

Perception: 1d20+1 | 1d20+1 = 7
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 20
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 50
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 11

Thought is happy. He is actually pretty care free as he converses with Holt and gets his gear on. Much like he's just a dummy and isn't cognizant of the fact that he may well be killed before the day is out.

All smiles, he is going to say something else and then Holt disappears and reappears next to Carbuncle.

Well, that changes things. Thought quietly (for a guy who is almost ten feet tall and 1400 lbs) wanders to stand beside Holt and he studies the Tiger Beast with blank, dumb eyes -- eyes that are pretty much unafraid. He hasn't even drawn a weapon yet and still has the charm that Holt gave him wrapped around the meat of his huge, silvery left hand.

"Mister Carbuncle." Thought says, softly. "Me no good at making double talk so be straight like person should. If you even make move to hurt any of Thoughts new friends -- if Thought even think you up to no good -- me snap neck into so many places it sound like machine gun when broken body make its last stupid attempt to heal stupid demon thing back together. Then tear off tail and ram it up stupid demon's shitty ass hole and pull it out mouth and wrap it around neck to make noose and snap stupid neck some more, see if can heal /that/ back. If him Carbuncle open mouth, same thing. No hear any back talk from you, or will do worse than kill. No like demons, killed many friends and /very/ happy to make suffer. Thought looking for reason to kill, be careful you no give one. You understand? No using big word here, even stupid demon get it, me sure.. Only answer Thought take for is 'Yes Sir' or will start with tail right now. Thought promise Thought can do it, not scared, no give promise except when me sure."

Not once does he raise his voice, nor does the dumb look in his eyes change. He cups one of his bovine ears though, looking squarely at the Tiger Beast and waiting for the 'yes sir'.

Thought is absolutely, one hundred percent not bluffing in what he is saying. The Minotaur is simple like that. There is absolute confidence and certainty that he can handle this action and a grim, serious look on his face. He isn't being threatening in the traditional sense at all. He doesn't even seem to be trying to intimidate the Tiger Beast. It's just and solely a statement of his feelings and what he will do -- the beast can take it as he wishes, and in Thought's mind if he has to do what he promised? Good times and fun.

He isn't worried if it gets physical either, this kind of thing among TGE soldiers isn't that uncommon and Thought is handling it the best and simplest way he knows how.

"Me sorry." Thought adds, politely, to Vortigern, pivoting his head ever so slightly but keeping Carbuncle squarely in his vision. "Not understand all of what him said, but think you is master of him Carbuncle. You understand, okay? Not trying to start problem with you -- but demons no good, be happy to kill him Carbuncle, make sure keep on short leash please."

His tone is different enough to show that he understands quite well Vortigern is a different person, and is actually slightly apologetic -- but his certainty of what he will do to Carbuncle if he starts problems does not change.

The interaction seems to give him an idea, and he keeps a wary eye on Carbuncle in case he has to strangle him with is own tail and waves his hand.

"Hey!" Thought rumbles.

"Me wonder something. Listen to him Thought for second?"

He looks around blankly, hoping someone actually is listening -- besides Carbuncle, who he glares at for effect.

"Me no know for sure, but anyone think bout demon psi col oh gee? How them demons think? We need do something, no sit here all day..."

Corbulo is nodded to after he bangs the desk.

"... but maybe me Thought call out him Rad Stag? Or maybe him Corbulo do it and tell him Rad Stag he want surrender, and track where signal come from? Or me Thought call out like intergalactic wrestler and tell him he small weak little thing and no fit to command anyone."

Then he shrugs, and seems a little smaller as he realizes that yeah, he's an idiot. Everyone always says that when he suggests something and the pattern of abuse he has endured for his intellect shows in his body posture; shoulders carried a little lower. It took no courage at all to stand up to a Tiger Beast, but tremendous courage on his part to talk about his ideas on how to do something important.

"... me no really know how to do it, not know anything, but idea is make seem weak and no mean demon if no respond. Thought just worried, me guess, that so many clones so many demons we never know and real one go away as soon as real one know that big force hunting him. Leave clones, we fight till tired, then die."

The minotaur stomps the floor, frustrated.

"Sitting around stupid but no have other good idea too, except try and get him Rad Stag talk and find. Anyone ever see demon like him Rad Stag before? Me no ever see bear thing. Must be some way tell if other Rad Stag real or not!!!"

He looks at Vortigern, who he has identified as a mage and asks really bluntly:

"How tell if magic thing real or not? You know magic that can make thing not real but it not real? If me Thought trying kill you, and you make magic not real thing, how me Thought make that thing go away so can kill real you?"

He adds, politely:

"Promise, no want hurt you, just example. Me keep promise him Carbuncle though."
Disclaimer: Thought is an idiot and may not do things in ways that other people think are optimal or expect.
Warning: Thought is a moron.
Notice: See above & repeat.



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm
Location: Moo.

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Solaris » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:29 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 9
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 27
phase pistol -2 clips
GR rifle -1 clip

Solaris practically facepalms at the goings on. God, all this dick-swinging and we're still no closer to figuring out which target is the real General.

She subtly asks Corbulo for ammunition to replenish her supply if she hasn't already gotten any and then approaches Starchief.

There's impatience and irritation in her voice as she suggests,
"Chief, we need to do more than stand around seeing whose is bigger. Perhaps we can split into two teams, a scout element and a strike element. Then we can try to get a positive ID on the target and hit 'em hard."

Having said her peace, Lisa tries to scrounge up a quick bite to eat and something to drink in order to replenish her electrolytes.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Vortigern » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:50 pm

Perception: 1d20+3 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 16
JIC: 1d100 = 44

Vortigern straitens, his back stiffening a bit as Sorrenson begins his outburst. Shifting on his feet Vortigern turns on heel away from Holt to face Sorrenson directly. His hands come up to settle on his belt, resting lightly over his hips as he listens. His head tilts slightly, leaving his gazing at an angle that gives a cast as there is something he is trying to understand. He takes a few slow and deliberate steps towards Sorrenson which brings them into a closer, more normally conversational, distance as he splays his hands to either side and begins to speak. "Have care. I am your sworn ally for the moment. Until the siege is lifted. And I am loathe to break my word. Yet there are limits to what a gentleman might honorably endure even to keep his word." he says, pausing as he draws his hands back to clasp together before him. "I therefore feel compelled to ask you further. Do we have issues that require settling? Perhaps they may be reconciled. Yet if that can not be we may seek seconds and a marshal anon. I have no hesitation about meeting you with honor if it becomes necessary. Yet for now our mutual interest requires that we continue to bear ourselves as allies and with decorum. As for Carbuncle he spoke out of turn, as I said, and for that you have my apologies. As I already corrected him myself you should have no reasonable cause to doubt my sincerity." he says, his hands then dropping to hook his thumbs through his belt.

When Thought approaches and speaks Vortigern gives him a sidelong glance before again seemingly finding something that he seeks to understand for a few moments. "I shall speak plainly, Good Sir. If Carbuncle attacks any of you without my leave, I will gladly help you kill him myself. Yet he is ordered explicitly not to do this. And now is likewise ordered to treat you with proper decorum. However should one of you turn against me, be found to mean me harm, then he is excepted from such restraints. He will be free to attack and indeed obliged by my orders to defend me. And I'll know the difference. And if one of you means me harm and my guardian attacks you in response, I will just as gladly help him kill the offender. Those seem most reasonable terms to me." he says, his tone conveying an affable confidence.

If a gentleman can not defend himself without reproach ... then he is not among civilized company.

A moment of pauses as he folds his hands over his abdomen in a thoughtful manner. "Ah, Good Sir, Illusions are ... a finicky business. I am somewhat familiar though they are not my area of specialty. Neither are they all uniform in style or properties. That is part of the difficulty in that we do not know with any certainty which method or indeed methods of deception are being employed and have small time in which to discover it. One thought does occur to me. The vast majority of methods which Demons might turn their hand to will involve magic. There are a variety of ways ot dispersing magical effects in an area. It could potentially be used to reveal the real general. And to hamper the use of Demon magics and weapons besides."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 180/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 295/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Thought » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:17 pm

<< Rolls Carried >>

Thought remains passive as he speaks with Vortigern, broad shoulders moving in something like a shrug.

"Demon bad news. Sooner go away, sooner better for everyone. Think it weak link. Me not sleep right knowing near unless in chains. Anyway, no care about that. Have said promise, will keep word. What happen happen."

A very large hand is waved as he wanders onto the other subject.

"Big talking for people who no able to back up promise. All make point, it done. We need figger out other problem. Dat more important."

Apparently he means Vortigern and Sorrenson, because he keeps talking.

"OKAY." Thought says loudly, hoping he has some attention.

"Me tired of this. Look, there no good sol-oo-tion. There no answer fix everything. Too many brains. We never find way pick right one, so.... we pick one. We pick and go punch in cock until it falls over then pick nother and go punch that in cock until it fall over too, and eventually him Rad Stag either come out and fight or go hiding because he know we come punch him Rad Stag in cock if no hide. If we make him Rad Stag hide he look like coward or at least no be able to be good general without being on front line and we break back of invasion. Then we go find thing tell us where real one is and we go kill. It only way, one by one, if he go running when he hear hunting then that good, we still win war and beat invasion. Him Rad Stag come back later, but we no let that happen... if we no find him Rad Stag real one, we use magics to find and go kill after. Either way we break invasion."

His huge head turns to Holt, then Starchief in turn.

"Mister Holt, Mister Captain... which demon we punch first? We need go."
Disclaimer: Thought is an idiot and may not do things in ways that other people think are optimal or expect.
Warning: Thought is a moron.
Notice: See above & repeat.



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm
Location: Moo.

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Metri » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d20+4 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 14 | 1d100 = 22%
-----------------------------------
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)
OP Field <17/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 79/142
ISP: 162/245
MDC: 63/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
PPE Battery 1. PPE: 180/180.
PPE Battery 2. PPE: 180/180.
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):


    Metri gratefully accepts Corbulo's PPE batteries. Assuming he over-hears Bryke also inquire about replenishing his magical reserves (or the Promethean comes to ask), the Yhabbayar is happy to share one of the three with the Promethean. "If distributed all Corbulo's PPE batteries are, have one of mine, you can."

    Afterward, as the chaotic discussions continue, Metri finds himself struck by the discord. We have been charged with an impossible task. They have said that they know who the leader is... and need us few to go cut off its head. But surprise, there are decoys out there. Figure it out. Holt is correct. Trying to teleport in and out to assess which one is the real leader is suicide. All it would take would be for one teleportation to go awry and the teleporter would be surrounded by a sea of demons.

    A heavy sigh emanates from Metri's mouth before he finds purpose and scurries over to where Solaris hunts for food. "Some meal rations in the adjoining room, I found earlier, yess. Come. Show you I will." The Yhabbayar briefly joins the commander in re-energizing before they return to the deployment discussion.

    When back, he leans up toward Solaris and inquires, "Miss this I did. Even if chosen, the target is... Know you how inserted we will be? And how extracted? Valid the argument is, that surrounded by a sea of demons the task force will be."

    Metri will reside in the periphery of the discussion but is prepared to be deployed when and where they are needed. He takes the time to people-watch and is mildly surprised by the growing animosity within the team. He finds himself inclined to side with Sorrenson though in spotting the nature of the demonic creature Vortigern has summoned.
    Metri | Explorer Points
    Current Equipment
    Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
    • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)

    Status
    PPE: 90/142
    ISP: 193/245
    MDC: 69/69
    SoE. PPE: 65/80. <7/10 spells>
    WoS. PPE: 2/40. <5/5 spells>
    Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
    Conditions (temporary):
    Image
    User avatar
    Metri
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 193
    Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Sorrenson » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:00 pm

    Perception: 1d20 = 15 +3 Magical / Mechanical
    JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 16

    Deep inside his own little world of concentration Sorrenson focuses intently. It's not easy to get the 'hip thrust' action just right in a Drudge. Back, dip... and Thrust! Back, dip... and Thrust!
    Bryke wrote:"HAHAHAHA!!!"

    What? Who's laughing? Sorrenson stops mid dip, letting the gyros do their job as the Drudge settles it's stride. His mind goes blank for a second as the sheer enormity of the stupidity of what he's doing hits him. It's as if a hammer dispensing migraines slams him right between the eyes. Well, between the eyes and up just a little. He closes his eyes tight in the hope that when he opens them the situation won't be as bad as he thinks it is. He opens his eyes and looks around, the Drudge's head scanning the room. The pit in his stomach deepens, the situation is very very bad. Oh no! I've gone and done it again... I've just made a total ass of myself at the worst possible time. His gaze settles on Carbulo. He doesn't know what to do or say, but his inner voice has a lot to say. It wastes no time in pointing out what a fool he is. Ummm, Did I just hump the air half way across a room in front of the - very serious - guy who runs the defense of Center in the middle of an actual invasion? Oh shite! Hey, lets not forget; I did that after losing my shit on some guy I don't even know. Shite. I think this is worse than that time I told Mr T. he was being a tight-ass-cheapo. Or even when I stomped on the card to close the rifts in Gateland! Yeah, at least I was possessed then. This. Is. All. on. Me. I can't even blame booze this time.

    Sorrenson freezes, not sure what to do. Luckily, Vortigern speaks and he listens.
    Vortigern wrote:"I therefore feel compelled to ask you further. Do we have issues that require settling? Perhaps they may be reconciled. Yet if that can not be we may seek seconds and a marshal anon. I have no hesitation about meeting you with honor if it becomes necessary. Yet for now our mutual interest requires that we continue to bear ourselves as allies and with decorum. As for Carbuncle he spoke out of turn, as I said, and for that you have my apologies. As I already corrected him myself you should have no reasonable cause to doubt my sincerity."


    Well... Considering what I just called him, this bloke keeps his cool. Doesn't sound all that evil either. He relaxes just a little. One question jumps to the front of his mind: Why? Why did I do that? He does the last thing he probably should, he opens his mouth and starts to speak. He starts without knowing what he's going to say or where this will end up. "... Um... You're right." He pops the Drudge open - for politeness - even though it's far far beyond that point. "I... ah, ... I got freaked out by demon kitty. Well, his threats were the final straw." His speech becoming less hesitant, like he's getting something off his chest. "I... I feel like I've been barely holding myself together since all this started. I don't know if anyone saw, but I've been hiding panic attacks in between fights and they've been getting worse. I thought I had them under control, but I didn't. So when Kitty here dropped in and started talking about he as prey it cut deep. I saw red. Something about massive demonic cats really... really... freaks me out. It's something deep, some primitive urge... 'Fight or flight response' kind of thing. I think mine's faulty because I don't seem to flee enough. So I kicked off on you and went for the 'fight'. Look, I don't think... I didn't mean what I said about you. I was attacking you to... I dunno, Pick a fight, hurt your feelings, make the kitty go away or something. I certainly don't think you 'love' demons. I just said, and acted that out to mess with the kitty. I guess some summoners do, but you really don't seem like the type. Plus the invasion stress and all the demons and stuff. Then what about that Demon planet thing we were told about just before the attack started?! Is it still on it's way here?!" Stop talking! You're starting to ramble.

    Sorrenson pauses and looks Vort in the eye. "For what it's worth; I'm sorry. I was, and am, way of out line. I've embarrassed myself and my team-mates. I have no beef with you. Since we've met I can't think of anything you've done to wrong me. I acted out of panic and fear and I apologize."

    Thought wrote:"Big talking for people who no able to back up promise. All make point, it done. We need figger out other problem. Dat more important."

    Sorrenson looks across at Thought. "Yep, that's the smart thing to do. We should really get started on killing Demons."
    User avatar
    Sorrenson
     
    Posts: 181
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
    Location: Phase World (Rogues)

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Prothor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 pm

    Percep: 1d20+1 = 19
    JIC: 1d20 = 14 1d100 = 35

    Prothor begins to wonder what their chances of success really are. Given how much we've already endured have our chances gone up from experience or is the cumulative building to an ultimate fail.

    Prothor nods to Solaris, "We have gained nothing in prolonging our attack. Even by themselves, each one of the Demon Generals is a formidable foe given the escort that they all have. Even the fusion blocks that Sorrenson so expertly put on target did little to dissuade their attack or disspell their force fields. We haven't even addressed the second problem we have." He pauses a moment to add weight to what he is about to say, "How are we even going to get to the General once we identify him. Among other things they all have two Bal-Rogs as a personal guard."

    Prothor moves back from the group a little feeling that this next step is not going to end well for everyone in the combined group. He takes a deep breath and releases it. Or rather he would if his computer controlled cyber systems would let what few biological organs he has left do such a thing. Then he moves and stands next to Sorrenson and nods toward to rest of the group.
    Prothor
    Current Details
    MDC by Location:
    Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
    Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
    Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
    Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
    Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

    MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
    M.D.C. by Location
    Main Body: 230/230
    Arms (2): 38 each.
    Legs (2): 60 each.
    Head/Helmet: 15
    Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
    [*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
    Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
    M.D.C.: 160/160

    -Weapons:
    Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
    Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
    Skull of Saint Sabatt
    PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
    NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
    Soul Craft Longsword
    assorted grenades

    -Current Effects/Conditions: None

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Image
    User avatar
    Prothor
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 182
    Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
    Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Starchief » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:25 am

    Perception: 1d20+4 = 24
    JIC: 1d20 = 111d100 = 96

    Starchief nods to the Bhlaze as she motions to Vortigern. Speaking to Vort, Starchief says "Yes. I am familiar. They are champions of justice on my homeworld of Seeron. Besieged on all sides by the Tarlok colonizers, Bhlaze have been some of my strongest allies. Impressive abilities, new friend. To call for someone from across the galaxy is no small feat." Turning his attention back to the Bhlaze, he asks "They call me Starchief. What is your name? And what is the word from Seeron? Have my brothers and sisters overthrown the evil shadow of the Tarlok since I've been away?" He tries to muster a smile, but the subject is sore. I am here saving a planetoid that isn't my home, while my friends and family are dying under the yoke of the d'ast Tarlok. Some day, I must find a way home. Bring this crew with me and make a big splash.

    At the interaction between Holt, Carbuncle and then Vortigern, Starchief simply comments "Flayed and boiled? Let's save that for the demons."

    Solaris wrote:There's impatience and irritation in her voice as she suggests,
    "Chief, we need to do more than stand around seeing whose is bigger. Perhaps we can split into two teams, a scout element and a strike element. Then we can try to get a positive ID on the target and hit 'em hard."

    Starchief nods to Solaris. "A solid suggestion. I'll get it set up."

    After the explosives do nothing, Starchief's face hardens. "Good shot, Sorrenson. Everyone get yourselves ready for combat. Two teams. Scouting team will consist of Winston, Baron and Prothor. You fly and tell us who to hit. Start by checking out the chain general. The rest of us are the strike team. They tell us to hit something and we hit it until it's back in hell." He turns to Thought and says "Especially you, big guy." Turning back to the rest of the squad he says, "We leave in five. Vortigern, tell your scout to meet up with Winston's team in the field. We have no more time."

    Starchief recovers his NE-99 from Thought and loads up the ammo before guiding the entire team closer to the location of their first target, Chain General.
    Starchief
    Andra "Starchief" Sekona
    the Shield of Seeron

    MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

    Saving Throw Bonuses:
    Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
    Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
    Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


    Image
    User avatar
    Starchief
     
    Posts: 378
    Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Winston » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:44 am

    Perception: 1d20+8 = 12
    JIC: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 72

    Conditions: 146/192 Personal MDC

    Winston is still looking squarely at Baron when Starchief issues his orders. Am I speaking Trade Five? Glancing over at Starchief he nods but moves over to him for a quiet conversation. Quietly Winston says, "I still think it's best someone pilot that Reaper with Prothor as the gunner as part of the strike team. It can take a lot of punishment which we will need. Whoever doesn't can scout in the Silverhawk but maybe send Metri with them? The Silverhawk can carry him easily and that will get someone who knows magic in on the situation to help figure this stuff out. One bear demon looks the same as another to me."

    The pilot is careful with his tone, not wanting to be insubordinate, and he keeps the conversation to low, although not so low that others can't hear if they wished to. Just a friendly suggestion from soldier to commander.
    Lieutenant Commander Winston "Splatter" Havelock, 58th Maeus Expeditionary Fleet, Retired

    Armor
    Silverhawk: 420 MDC
    NE-BA-30: 60 MDC
    Personal: 192 MDC

    Carrying Piloting Silverhawk Equipment List

    Abilities
    Heightened Sense of Awareness, Supervision: Advanced Sight (5 mile range), Invoke Trust/Intimidate 55%, Full Optics, Amplified Hearing, Ultra Ear, Sound Dampener, P-Field
    User avatar
    Winston
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 181
    Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:12 pm

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Baron » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm

    Chico Barone
    Perception: 1d20+7 = 19
    JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 89
    Conditions
    Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
    Weapon in hand: Built-in Particle Beam attached to NE-BA-226 (6/10 shots 3/4 eclips)
    Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
    M.D.C. by Location
    • Helmet: 50
    • Main Body: 90
    • Arms: 40 each
    • Legs: 50 each
    • Built-In N-F20A Force Field: 66/75

    Power Armor: NETW-PA,
    Permanent Conditions:
    • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
    • Impervious to Fear
    • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
    • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
    Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.


    Skills
    Multi-tasking, Mechano-Link
    Computer Operation 109% / 1d100 = 11
    Computer Hacking 114% / 1d100 = 53
    Computer Programming 119% / 1d100 = 23
    Electronic Counter Measures 99% / 1d100 = 1
    Basic Math 109% / 1d100 = 13
    Radio: Basic 99% / 1d100 = 88
    Mathematics: Advanced 89% / 1d100 = 64


    Drones
    • Land Navigation 86% / 1d100 = 68
    • Mathematics: Basic 98% / 1d100 = 93
    • Prowl 75% / 1d100 = 86
    • Radio: Basic 98% / 1d100 = 26
    • Tracking 60% / 1d100 = 3
    • Track Radio Transmissions 60% / 1d100 = 45
    • TV/Video
    3 on target; 1 wandering; 2 lost


    Baron has never been so high. He is barely aware of his surroundings as his mind is being blown. Suddenly a tsunami of understanding overtakes him. Oh, wow! Molecules work like that... and I can manipulate them like this!

    Huh, the demon word for c*ntface is GGRS'xjuk... How the hell do I know that... Dunno, picked it up I guess, I think that one downstairs called me that, sure gonna use it though....

    Jeezoh?

    Are you there? Did you do this?


    No answer is forthcoming from the godly cheese puff spokesman, whose alleged divinity is the only quasi-religious thing Baron's had significant exposure to. The more of Hell he experiences the more he looks for spiritual guidance, even if it is from a sentient cheese puff.

    Jeezoh
    ImageImage


    Instead of divine revelation the introspection gives Baron cause to realize and develop some marvelous new ways to utilize his inherent talents and manipulate the physical environment. Eventually the grating sound Winston's annoying rasp brings him back to reality. His eyes finally come to focus on the ape-like pilot.

    Winston wrote:Winston is still looking squarely at Baron when Starchief issues his orders. Am I speaking Trade Five? Glancing over at Starchief he nods but moves over to him for a quiet conversation. Quietly Winston says, "I still think it's best someone pilot that Reaper with Prothor as the gunner as part of the strike team. It can take a lot of punishment which we will need. Whoever doesn't can scout in the Silverhawk but maybe send Metri with them? The Silverhawk can carry him easily and that will get someone who knows magic in on the situation to help figure this stuff out. One bear demon looks the same as another to me."


    "Ha, ha, you look like a monkey Winston." Baron says as if noticing for the first time. "Reaper or Silverhawk? Are you kidding me? I've been all over town hauling this Techno-Warrior around, Sorrenson went through the trouble of getting the Multi-rifle attached... I haven't even killed one demon with this baby yet. Anyway, the time for dancing is over, I'm in a brawler, I'm going brawling! ...It can fly, kinda."

    "Good shot, Sorrenson. Everyone get yourselves ready for combat. Two teams. Scouting team will consist of Winston, Baron and Prothor. You fly and tell us who to hit. Start by checking out the chain general. The rest of us are the strike team. They tell us to hit something and we hit it until it's back in hell."


    While listening to 'Chief Baron pounds a delicious Cool Bananas and crushes the can throwing it over his shoulder without worrying where it went; perhaps it hits Corbulo in the face Baron wouldn't know and doesn't care.

    "Bullseye Sorrey! Rodger dodger 'Chief! Let's go guys!" Without waiting for the others Baron takes off, talking the whole time as if Prothor and Winston are beside him, whether they are or not. "Let's start with the three I got drones on." Baron picks the closest one, "Here, this asshole isn't far, let's start with him."


    Baron will use the following power before any major action to help inform his choices:

    Warning Glimpse about the Future
    • Warning Glimpse about the Future: The super being can touch someone or an object or pause to think about his next action and see what will happen if he does so. This functions as a sort of vision or small glimpse of the future in which the character is able to see what happens in the next 6-10 seconds after he makes his one move. This is a way to avert traps, avoid mistakes, prevent a dangerous reaction, etc. This gives him some insight on what or what not to do and also provides bonuses to parry and dodge if he sees an incoming attack. To use the Warning Glimpse about the Future, the character must focus and will it to happen, burning up one of his melee attacks/actions. However, the ability can only be performed four times per level of experience per 24 hours, and no more often than once every four melee rounds (one minute).
    • • Range: Self/Touch
    • • Duration: About three seconds/one melee action.
    • • Attacks per Melee: Uses up one.
    • • Bonuses: +4 to parry, dodge, roll with impact, and pull punch.
    Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

    Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
    Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
    The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
    Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
    User avatar
    Baron
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 124
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Tis » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:00 pm

    Tisephone Atroposa
    Perception: 1d20+5 = 25 +3 magic, machines, or their combination
    JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 88
    Stats
    : • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/125 • • ISP: 98/73
    Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105


    Psionics and Skills
    Robots and Power Armor 73%/ 1d100 = 80
    Telemechanics (-10; if needed)
    Telemechanic Mental Operation (-12; if needed)
    Telemechanics: 88% / 1d100 = 80


    The large Naruni siege 'bot known as the 'Reaper' suddenly and startlingly comes to life and with heavy-footted steps comes to stand beside Starchief and the others. The soft voice of Tisephone Atroposa booms through the 'bots loudspeakers.

    I am piloting the Reaper. If I have no gunner I can still use my mental abilities to operate the weapons. It will serve better as supporting artillery than a front-line buster... but it is still a lot of firepower.


    Once Starchief gives the order, Tis marches off without waiting for the others.

    For the Machine's sake! These fools talk while the war wages on. I have scoured all known sources in order to narrow it down. There seems to be nothing to differentiate between them. If we must kill six Demon generals, then that is what we must do. No amount of talking will reduce the number.. Only death.
    User avatar
    Tis
     
    Posts: 68
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
    Location: PW:A

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Solaris » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:51 am

    Per: 1d20+2 = 17
    JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 39

    phase pistol -2 clips
    GR rifle -1 clip


    "Starchief wrote:"A solid suggestion. I'll get it set up."

    "Shiny.", Solaris answers with a smirk.

    Winston wrote:"I still think it's best someone pilot that Reaper with Prothor as the gunner as part of the strike team. It can take a lot of punishment which we will need. Whoever doesn't can scout in the Silverhawk but maybe send Metri with them? The Silverhawk can carry him easily and that will get someone who knows magic in on the situation to help figure this stuff out. One bear demon looks the same as another to me."

    Trying to catch Starchief's eye, Solaris nods at this suggestion. Good recommendation, I'd do that too.

    Master Metri wrote:"Miss this I did. Even if chosen, the target is... Know you how inserted we will be? And how extracted? Valid the argument is, that surrounded by a sea of demons the task force will be."

    Lisa shrugs slightly at Metri's question, "Flight, teleport or run. We don't lack for options with this group, it seems. This...might be a one-way trip, Metri."

    Solaris snaps her helmet on and activates her radio. "Tis, I can act as your gunner.", she offers, using her gravity powers to fly to the robot's entry hatch.
    Little pig, little pig, let me in., she thinks, tapping on the hatch.
    Commander Lisa Solaris
    HP 28/28
    SDC 56/56
    PPE 3/3

    Armor: 220/220
    Ammo: 30/30
    User avatar
    Solaris
     
    Posts: 210
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Tis » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:04 am

    "Tis, I can act as your gunner.",


    I'd be honored Commander. Many Demons-

    The loudspeaker cuts out as the hatch opens to let Solaris in.

    "-will die this day."
    User avatar
    Tis
     
    Posts: 68
    Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
    Location: PW:A

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Solaris » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:33 am

    ((Rolls held))
    Commander. Does she know my background?
    "Thanks, Tis.", Lisa nods. Strapping herself into the gunner's position, Solaris casually mentions, "You know, you don't have to call me 'Commander'. They...I'm not part of the CAF any longer." Not that I don't like it.

    Solaris does a quick systems check, making sure that the sensors are working Need to see to shoot.., and that the weapons are tracking gotta be able to aim, too. Guess there's no time to test-fire these things.. Once she's satisfied, she lets Tis know, "Okay, all set. Let's send 'em back to hell screaming."
    Commander Lisa Solaris
    HP 28/28
    SDC 56/56
    PPE 3/3

    Armor: 220/220
    Ammo: 30/30
    User avatar
    Solaris
     
    Posts: 210
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
    Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Holt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:20 pm

    Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 14
    JiC D20: 1d20 = 6 (+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
    JiC D100: 1d100 = 44

    Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], Rapid Healing [Regens 9 MD/hr], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], ON], Black Fist Sensor Pod [ON], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil]

    Holt is in the process of interpretting Vortigern's lengthy explanation as Sorrenson chimes in over the radio, **Was that an apology? Not clear. Kind of a 'My-idiot-servant' kind of thing ... he seems to understand though that that's not acceptab ... ohhh man am I going to have to try and pull these 2 apart? I think I gave the crossed-line scenario pretty clearly. I don't think each of us individually needs ... ** The Manarr watches as the Minotaur approaches with a graphic explanation of his back-up to Sorrenson, **At a certain point this may begin to undercut my authority, but it's still interesting to watch.**

    From within his armored helmet, Holt offers a nod at Vortigern's explanation that the Cat-beast-thing is under some kind of orders, "Good enough for now. I imagine its got a pretty good picture of the likely reaction to a back-stabbing." With a whispered >>Pop<< the space where Holt was previously located is empty. Instead he is standing next to Starchief, one hand casually resting on his phase-sword's hilt as the discussion of who to attack continues, **They're right. Fusion Blocks were a confirmation that essentially these guys are all going to be tough as flying an asteroid field blind, and trying might be twice as stupid. But barring good choices, lets pick the one that looks the most fun ...**

    When Starchief picks General Chain-gang, Holt speaks up, "I'm not so much of a whips and chains type, but if that's your pleasure ... no judgment. I'll pick the next one hehehe ..."
    Holt D'Invictus

    Personal MDC: 134/134
    Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
    Head/Helmet: 65/65
    Main Body: 215/220
    *** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

    Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

    Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

    Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

    Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
    User avatar
    Holt
    Diamond Level Patron
    Diamond Level Patron
     
    Posts: 554
    Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:05 am
    Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

    Re: [MW IV] Regicide

    Postby Metri » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:41 am

    ((rolls carried over))

    Current Status
    Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
    • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)
    OP Field <17/20 switches left on battery>

    PPE: 79/142
    ISP: 162/245
    MDC: 63/69
    SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
    WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
    PPE Battery 1. PPE: 180/180.
    PPE Battery 2. PPE: 180/180.
    Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
    Conditions (temporary):

      Solaris wrote:Lisa shrugs slightly at Metri's question, "Flight, teleport or run. We don't lack for options with this group, it seems. This...might be a one-way trip, Metri."

      "Then nothing, I will save for the return trip." Metri fatalistically states in agreement. Amidst all the death and destruction wrought by the demonic horde, the Yhabbayar's demeanor seems to have drastically changed. No longer privy to the jocular nature of their bovine chef, the shine of Metri's optimism has dulled. Also, a few more of the remaining hairs on his head seem to have turned pearl white.

      Metri nods grimly as Starchief rallies the teams to deployment. Initially, he looks toward the scouting team of Winston, Baron and Prothor and grows worried about their potential exposure. As they scout, they will definitely be exposed to any demonic forces that notice and target the advanced element. If things go poorly and somehow their mobility is stripped from them, it would be unclear how long it would take for the main combat force to reinforce their position... if at all. Dangerous, but a risk we must take I suppose.

      The Yhabbayar's thoughts are warmed when Winston speaks up and he realizes he is not alone in anticipating the danger to the scouts.
      Winston wrote:"I still think it's best someone pilot that Reaper with Prothor as the gunner as part of the strike team. It can take a lot of punishment which we will need. Whoever doesn't can scout in the Silverhawk but maybe send Metri with them? The Silverhawk can carry him easily and that will get someone who knows magic in on the situation to help figure this stuff out. One bear demon looks the same as another to me."

      "In agreement I am. Challenging. Dangerous. Help protect the vulnerable scouts my magic will be. Then, mobile support to the main assault I can provide, yess." Metri nods in agreement with Winston.

      If/When given the green-light by Starchief, Metri will Carpet of Adhesion ((-5 PPE)) himself to the leg of Winston's Silverhawk in an effort to minimize the burden he would be to the Maeus' combat ability ((no need to carry him. And would still be forward-facing)). Once magically strapped in, he will tap the PA's leg and say, "Ready, I am."

      Expediture tally this round
      • PPE: -5 <== Carpet of Adhesion.
      Metri | Explorer Points
      Current Equipment
      Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
      • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)

      Status
      PPE: 90/142
      ISP: 193/245
      MDC: 69/69
      SoE. PPE: 65/80. <7/10 spells>
      WoS. PPE: 2/40. <5/5 spells>
      Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
      Conditions (temporary):
      Image
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 193
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

      Re: [MW IV] Regicide

      Postby Consumer » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:42 am

      Getting down to Brass Tacks

      Conversations happen as stated, Bryke... 3 P.P.E. Clips are made available.

      The time for discussion has ended and the combined team has decided to act. Commander Corbulo and his team watch as the group makes way to their various vehicles and mounts. "I'll keep you updated with the situation as I can see it unfolding. Good luck out there." Comes Commander Corbulo over the groups frequency. The team is happy to see that the immediate area around the Center Command and Control Center is clear of threats, and in the distance they can hear full scale military engagements going on as they begin to form up and move forward. From from the south of the area of operations, the team sees the Center Defensive forces fighting with phalanxes of Demons. From the East the can see the minions of the Splugorth Lord Klynkryth waging war, and from the north it appears a mechanized mercenary company is giving some of the bigger minions in Star General Halthhag's army a pounding. Which leaves a fairly non-defended center and a more open northern section for the team to come in from.

      As the group nears the area of operations Vortigern's servant the Bhlaze Varya arrives. "I have scouted the area, they have many demons at their disposal. There seem to be seven companies of demon hosts arrayed in the area near the generals and each of them is well protected with bodyguards. Only a few of them are out in the open while a few are set up in buildings in the area. The Defenders and the Splugorthian minions are fighting what seem to be evenly matched brigades of demon host, while the Mercenaries to the north are focusing their efforts on the demon's siege weapons and giant beasts of war. I dare say one of thier robots is using a ship based mass driver... Wonders never cease." She says before floating quietly likely waiting for her next orders.

      Image

      Map Key
      White names are the Generals identified by their weapons. The ones that appear inside buildings are actually inside and you will get a map for that as well once you engage.
      The red blobs are packs of Demons in Company Strength. (80-150 Demons per group)
      There are numerous other loose demons on the map, but I am lazy and will not try to mark all their locations.
      The team has the best entrance from the North West, but other directions are possible.

      Conditions will change as certain things happen, so look forward to updated maps.

      If you have any questions, Either ask them via PM or by HAngouts and I will do all in my best efforts to answer them.


      What are your intentions?
      Combat actions are not needed this cycle unless you are gung-ho to get into the fight.
      "Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
      GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

      Medals
      ImageImageImageImageImageImage
      User avatar
      Consumer
      Game Master
       
      Posts: 931
      Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
      Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

      Re: [MW IV] Regicide

      Postby Vortigern » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:36 am

      Perception: 1d20+3 = 21
      JIC: 1d20 = 19
      JIC: 1d100 = 78
      JIC/Magic: 1d20+6 = 14
      JIC/Psionic: 1d20+5 = 12
      JIC/Horror: 1d20+10 = 25

      Vortigern pauses astride Carbunckle to take the report from Varya and relays it unedited to the others before making his own commentary. "Given the positioning we could maintain our declared target as being Chains, and perhaps even arrive at him unimpeded if we approached from the south. He seems to be in a structure there, and that might make for an unseen approach." he says, before turning to Varya and speaking more to her off of comms. "Well done Varya. And yes... there is much on display today that may not be seen again for an age or more methinks. Mmm. Join our aerial complement for the moment. Assist them in their scouting duties. I don't expect you to risk yourself overmuch. Remain mobile, evasive, and support them to best effect. When able provide air support to those of us assaulting on the ground. Remember who we fight today. You can see much that others can not. Be wary for ambush and treachery and give warning should you detect anything. Good fortune my lady."

      And to think I started this blasted journey seeking Immortality. Yet here I find myself taking such monumental risks. Immortal Glory was not precisely what I had in mind. Yet if I can win that AND bear it on literally immortal shoulders? Shall it not be even more grand? Perhaps. Perhaps at that.

      Vortigern Combat
      Initiative: 1d20 = 10

      Strike: 1d20+10 = 20 Damage: 9d6+8 = 37
      Strike: 1d20+10 = 30 Damage: 9d6+8 = 43 Crit! Dmg: 86!
      Strike: 1d20+10 = 14 Damage: 9d6+8 = 35
      Strike: 1d20+10 = 28 Damage: 9d6+8 = 45 Crit! Dmg: 90!
      Strike: 1d20+10 = 11 Damage: 9d6+8 = 46
      Strike: 1d20+10 = 30 Damage: 9d6+8 = 35 Crit! Dmg: 70!

      Parry: 1d20+13 = 24 Dodge: 1d20+8 = 25
      Parry: 1d20+13 = 22 Dodge: 1d20+8 = 9
      Parry: 1d20+13 = 22 Dodge: 1d20+8 = 9
      Parry: 1d20+13 = 21 Dodge: 1d20+8 = 17
      Parry: 1d20+13 = 19 Dodge: 1d20+8 = 10
      Parry: 1d20+13 = 26 Dodge: 1d20+8 = 16
      Vortigern
      Vortigern Tracker
      HP: 53/53
      SDC: 57/57
      PPE: 180/180


      Enchanted Full Plate Armor
      • M.D.C.: 295/410

      Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
      M.D.C.: 200/200
      Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
      Mundane Features
      • Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
      Magic Features
      • Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
      • Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


      Magic Dwarven Shield
      M.D.C.: Indestructible.
      Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
      Mundane Features
      • Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
      Magic Features
      • Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)
      User avatar
      Vortigern
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 230
      Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

      Re: [MW IV] Regicide

      Postby Prothor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:06 pm

      Percep: 1d20+1 = 12
      JIC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 3

      Conditions:
      Fly (as an eagle): 60/60 minutes (50 mph +1 Parry +2 dodge +2 dmg diving attk)

      When marching orders are given, Prothor gives a nod to Starchief but then eyes Holt to see if any objection is made by his team leader. Not seeing any sign contradictory, Prothor falls in line with Starchief's orders and makes his way over to Winston and Baron. His head swivels between the two and he states, "My flight capabilities are strictly magical. I have one additional charge in the amulet for the day with an hours worth of flight. Also, I seriously doubt that I could keep up with the two of you even if it were necessary."

      When Solaris steps up and acts as Tis' gunner in the Reaper, Prothor gives her a perfunctory nod, then goes about activating his weapons systems and extending his arm cannons again in preparation for the coming fight. He grins to himself as the little mage glues himself to the leg of Winston's armor. This should be interesting regardless of the outcome.

      Before the group breaks apart, a thought comes to Prothor and he says, "It is possible that the identity of the real General doesn't matter in the least, as far as the disbandment of the army. If we are not able to tell them apart, this could also be the case for their troops as well. They all have their orders and could continue to act the part until the last one of them is dead." His thoughts are along the line of Schrödinger's cat, If any one the copies could be the General, then all of the copies could be the General.

      Lastly, Prothor activates his flight amulet and nods to Baron, Winston and Metri, "I am ready when you are."
      Prothor
      Current Details
      MDC by Location:
      Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
      Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
      Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
      Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
      Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

      MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
      M.D.C. by Location
      Main Body: 230/230
      Arms (2): 38 each.
      Legs (2): 60 each.
      Head/Helmet: 15
      Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
      [*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
      Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
      M.D.C.: 160/160

      -Weapons:
      Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
      Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
      Skull of Saint Sabatt
      PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
      NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
      Soul Craft Longsword
      assorted grenades

      -Current Effects/Conditions: None

      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Image
      User avatar
      Prothor
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 182
      Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
      Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

      Re: [MW IV] Regicide

      Postby Sorrenson » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:12 am

      Perception: 1d20 = 3 +3 Magical / Mechanical
      JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 47
      OOC Comments
      PPE: 137/137
      ISP: 24/41
      HP: 34
      SDC: 30

      NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
      M.D.C. by Location.
      Arms (2) - 200 each
      Hands (2) - 100 each
      Legs (2) - 200 each
      Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
      Main Body - 378/400
      TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
      Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
      Fusion Blocks 5/5

      Sorrenson sits comfortably inside his PA. Hmmm, this thing is really starting to reek. He can't help but note that the insides could use a spray and wipe down. He activates the Drudge's AoI. "So, what's the plan?" he asks. Making decisions about what they're about to attempt and how it's going to be done is far above his pay grade.

      Varya wrote:"I dare say one of thier robots is using a ship based mass driver... Wonders never cease."

      This catches Sorrenson's interest. "Whoa, what kind of robot and what model mass driver?"

      OOC Comments
      Combat actions if needed

      APM: 7
      Initiative: 1d20 = 11
      Action 1: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 5, damage 1d4*10 = 40M.D.
      Action 2: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 5, damage 1d4*10 = 20M.D.
      Action 3: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 19, damage 1d4*10 = 10M.D.
      Action 4: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 21, damage 1d4*10 = 20M.D.
      Action 5: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 9, damage 1d4*10 = 40M.D.
      Action 6: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 10, damage 1d4*10 = 10M.D.
      Action 7: Shoot Demon with Arm Blaster 1d20+2 = 6, damage 1d4*10 = 40M.D.

      Parries if needed: 1d20+7 = 13, 1d20+7 = 15, 1d20+7 = 9, 1d20+7 = 16, 1d20+7 = 24, 1d20+7 = 10, 1d20+7 = 19

      If the Drudge's AoI is depleted Sorrenson will re-up.
      User avatar
      Sorrenson
       
      Posts: 181
      Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
      Location: Phase World (Rogues)

      Re: [MW IV] Regicide

      Postby Metri » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:25 am

      -----------------------------------
      Perception: 1d20+4 = 24
      JIC: 1d20 = 6 | 1d100 = 22%
      -----------------------------------

      Current Status
      Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
      • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)
      OP Field <17/20 switches left on battery>

      PPE: 79/142
      ISP: 162/245
      MDC: 63/69
      SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
      WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
      PPE Battery 1. PPE: 175/180.
      PPE Battery 2. PPE: 180/180.
      PPE Battery 3. PPE: 180/180.
      Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
      Conditions (temporary):
      • Carpet of Adhesion. 140 melees.


      Careful only to adhere his back to the leg of Winston's Silverhawk, Metri rotates his head around and wiggles in place to get a sense of how restricted his movements will be. Afterward, he gives Winston a tridactyl thumbs-up. He will check comms with Winston to make sure that he is on the same radio frequency. Pointing at his earpiece, he looks up toward Winston, "Hear me you can? Aggressive in piloting you can be. Try to absorb many of the attacks my magic will."

      Once the scouting party is about to mobilize, he will grant Armor of Ithan to anyone who wants one. Time for everyone to re-enter the fray. Here's hoping that this additional protection can help keep some of my friends and compatriots alive.

      Code: Select all
      [*]Armor of Ithan. [color=green]140[/color]/140 MDC. 14.00 min. 1/2 damage from: magic cold, fire, lightning.


      When the scouting party is en route to their location (Metri trusts Winston's piloting and decision-making), the Yhabbayar will focus his attention on being supportive in his magics. First and foremost will be keeping and Armor of Ithan around Winston's Silverhawk so that he can maneuver without worry too much about incoming fire. Second, he will try to keep a "See Aura" active so that anytime they are within 120 feet of one of the Star Generals, he will be able to see both its aura and the aura of its weapon. Metri will be trying to catalog the weapons they carry to try to determine which one is the real Star General.

      Not wanting Winston to unduly put himself at risk, Metri keeps this information to himself and does not encourage the Maeus to close distance. However, acting as a mini co-pilot, the Yhabbayar will try to keep tabs on who and what is around the Silverhawk's airspace and will radio in bogeys. Though without true military training, he will give imprecise information. For example, he will say, "Look out! Behind us, a flying demon!" or "Up there and to the left. Falling debris!" The Yhabbayar will remain open to suggestions though, so if Winston seeks to improve how Metri communicates hazards, he will try to take the lessons to heart.

      Code for Spells or Psionics Used
      Code: Select all
      [*]Armor of Ithan. [color=green]140[/color]/140 MDC. 14.00 min. 1/2 damage from: magic cold, fire, lightning.

      Code: Select all
      [*]See Aura. 4 melees. 120 ft range. All things organic and inorganic have an aura.
      [list][*]Estimate general level of experience.
      [*]Presence of magic.
      [*]Presence of psychic abilities.
      [*]High or low base PPE.
      [*][b]Presence of a possessing entity.[/b]
      [*]Presence of an unusual human aberration.[/list][/list]

      Expediture tally this round
      • PPE: -5 per cast <== AoI.
      • ISP: -3 per cast <== See Aura
      Metri | Explorer Points
      Current Equipment
      Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
      • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)

      Status
      PPE: 90/142
      ISP: 193/245
      MDC: 69/69
      SoE. PPE: 65/80. <7/10 spells>
      WoS. PPE: 2/40. <5/5 spells>
      Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
      Conditions (temporary):
      Image
      User avatar
      Metri
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 193
      Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

      Re: [MW IV] Regicide

      Postby Holt » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 pm

      Perception [+2]: 1d20+2 = 13
      JiC D20: 1d20 = 9 (+5 v Psionics (if source is evil), +7 vs Magic or Mind Control (if source is evil))
      JiC D100: 1d100 = 74

      Conditions: Tongues [speak/understand all languages], Rapid Healing [Regens 9 MD/hr], NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic] with Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage [for Non-Magic], ON], Black Fist Sensor Pod [ON], Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant) [+3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil]

      Prothor wrote:When marching orders are given, Prothor gives a nod to Starchief but then eyes Holt to see if any objection is made by his team leader. Not seeing any sign contradictory, Prothor falls in line with Starchief's orders and makes his way over to Winston and Baron. His head swivels between the two and he states, "My flight capabilities are strictly magical. I have one additional charge in the amulet for the day with an hours worth of flight. Also, I seriously doubt that I could keep up with the two of you even if it were necessary."


      Holt returns Prothor's glance with a small shake of his head, "Prothor's right. He's better suited to hanging with the main group and working to defend the Reaper's back or something than trying to sneak a peak at anything. Stealth isn't his mode right now. I am better suited to act as a Scout. The PA has plenty of optical enhancements ... and actually if you are moving, having Prothor with you to act as a Visual Anchor will hopefully let me Pop directly back to wherever you guys are ..."

      Once, presumably, he's confirmed as an alternate Scout, Holt will sling his rifle and activate his PA's active camouflage so he can >>Pop<< to a position of elevation and begin ping-ponging around to get a feel for how the battle is progressing. **Splugorth are using Magic stuff, so if I spot a few dead minions, maybe I can bring back some magic'd up weapons to distribute ...**
      Holt D'Invictus

      Personal MDC: 134/134
      Armor: NE-SA40 “Black Fist” Stealth Power Armor [Thermo-Kinetic]
      Head/Helmet: 65/65
      Main Body: 215/220
      *** Integrated P-Field Defensive Field [Phase World Dimension Book 2, Pg 124] -- Dispersal Effect: 1/10th Damage from Energy Blasts, Beams, Projectile, Missiles, and Explosive Damage

      Weapons: HI-80 Combat Laser Rifle (slung across back), [2] NE-8SL Slimline Barrage Plasma Cartridge Auto-Pistol in Under-Arm holsters, [2] HI-10 Heavy Laser Pistol(s) (in Hip Holsters), Phase Sword (belted at the Left hip), PH-21 Phase Beamer (Right Thigh), Kisentite Boot Knife (Rt).

      Belt: (4) P-Field Defensive Field Battery, Transformable Longsword (Pen-Form)

      Available: [Ring: Tongues (Constant)], [Ring of Protection from Evil (Constant), +3 to Save vs. Magic/Psionics when source is Evil], [Pendant: Metamorphosis 3x], [Belt Buckle: Increase Weight 3x], [Pinky Ring: Mystic Alarm 3x], Nuclear Grav-Pack

      Spare Ammunition: [8] Clips of NE-001PC Light Plasma Cartridges [24 rounds each], [12] Long E-Clips, [2] Short E-Clips, [4] NE-GF10 Fragmentation Grenades, [4] Smoke Grenades, [4] Stun/Flash Grenades
      User avatar
      Holt
      Diamond Level Patron
      Diamond Level Patron
       
      Posts: 554
      Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:05 am
      Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

      Previous

      Return to A City At War

      Who is online

      Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

      cron