[MW IV] Regicide

The Battle for Center has begun! Fight for your lives, and the fate of the Three Galaxies!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Thought » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:09 am

Perception: 1d20+1 | 1d20+1 = 120
JIC #1: 1d20 | 1d20 = 7
JIC #2: 1d100 | 1d100 = 97
Init: 1d20+2 | 1d20+2 = 21

It's not that Thought isn't paying attention.

He's just not very smart and all of the high level strategy arguments and discussions make their way right over his thick, horned, minotaury head.

So he starts trying to figure out another problem -- this necklace thing that Holt gave him. He attempts to put it over his head and fails spectacularly as it won't even go over one horn.

So he tries the other horn. Then his nose. All no go.

So grunting, grumbling, the huge being tries to fit the gold necklace over his head in so many ways, rolling around on the floor for a good half an hour with it. He ends up giving up; wearing it over one horn and going with teh group -- assigning himself to the ground team.

The Reaper is a pretty decent thing to follow in because, well, that thing is pretty good at attracting all kinds of attention.

Thought doesn't want to get shot up until he actually needs to. He'll heal of course but this is a pretty big fight.

So hefting his new rifle, courtesy of Holt, he follows after Starchief.

"Hey, Mister Chief?" Thought asks over his radio. "Hey, me have Thought! Am Thought. Those mercenaries with mass driver. You ask them for fire support maybe? One or two shots make big help if ship sized! Big boom! Fire support good thing."

OOC: Sorry about how long this took to post, work is kicking my ass! I will update my equipment tonight. He is wearing the stuff Holt gave him, I'll get it in there.
Disclaimer: Thought is an idiot and may not do things in ways that other people think are optimal or expect.
Warning: Thought is a moron.
Notice: See above & repeat.



Current Characters:
Thought: A steely skinned space minotaur of very little brain. (Galactic Adventurers)
The Mechanic: An artificial life form with deeply philosophical questions. (The Templar)
Shane: A Delphi Juicer on a quest to redeem himself from a dark past. (A.A.P.S.)
Miyitowin: A newly created Godling with no idea of who and what she is. (M.A.R.S.)


User avatar
Thought
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:15 pm
Location: Moo.

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Starchief » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:11 am

(Rolls held over)

Thought wrote:"Hey, Mister Chief?" Thought asks over his radio. "Hey, me have Thought! Am Thought. Those mercenaries with mass driver. You ask them for fire support maybe? One or two shots make big help if ship sized! Big boom! Fire support good thing."


"That's a damn good idea, Thought. I'll make the call." Starchief keys his radio in the hopes of reaching the frequency that the mercenaries are on. "Come in Mercs, this is Starchief of the Galactic Adventurers requesting assistance. If you can hear me, we have great need of a strike from your mass driver. We can paint the target for you. Over."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Solaris » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Per: 1d20+2 = 15
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 15

"Right, here goes!", Solaris can't help but smile as she starts to trigger the micro-missile launchers, figuring 12 of the things at a time should do some hurt. As Starchief ordered, she'll try to help clear a path, although Tis' choice of music throws her off some. Do all really stark white people listen to this stuff or just her?, she wonders to herself.

As they rumble forward, Solaris will attempt to spot the General and get an idea of troop disposition, numbers, tactics, etc., providing Starchief with any insight she might gain.

Sensory Equipment 1d100 = 11/68%
Weapon Systems 1d100 = 99/73%
Military Tactics 1d100 = 75/58%
Intelligence 1d100 = 99/51%

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 16
# of Actions: 6

Action 1: trigger missile volley of a dozen smart micro-missiles (possibly hooting and/or hollering also), strike 1d20+4 = 24, damage 6d6*12 = 252

Action 2: trigger missile volley of a dozen smart micro-missiles (likely still hooting and/or hollering also), strike 1d20+4 = 19, damage 6d6*12 = 228

Action 3: trigger missile volley of a dozen smart micro-missiles (probably trying to control herself), strike 1d20+4 = 21, damage 6d6*12 = 276

Action 4: trigger missile volley of a dozen smart micro-missiles (asking a demon if he wants some too?!), strike 1d20+4 = 10, damage 6d6*12 = 240

Action 5: trigger missile volley of a dozen smart micro-missiles (yeah? you also?!), strike 1d20+4 = 20, damage 6d6*12 = 252

Action 6: trigger missile volley of a dozen smart micro-missiles (some over there!! take that!!), strike 1d20+4 = 9, damage 6d6*12 = 252
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Consumer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 am

Fell deeds awake, fire and slaughter!

Baron wrote:Is it killing time yet? If it is, Baron kills stuff.


Baron does what he believes he is best at, flying his power armor. His multi-rifle spitting out hot death as he keeps the area clear for the ground team as they rush forward towards the building the Star General is currently inside. For all his efforts Baron is hit by one extremely lucky solid projectile round. Baron evaporates the offensive demon in his next shot for its troubles.

Tis wrote:Tis pilots the Reaper with all the skill she can muster. She keeps Solaris' firing lines open and maintains optimal position while following the lead of the others.


Tis pilots the reaper forward and slashes at any demon that dares get too close, though she finds the scythe isn’t extraordinarily powerful it is effective enough. Tis’ parries are superb, though one demon manages to get a lucky blow in that jars the reaper.

Thought wrote:It's not that Thought isn't paying attention.
He's just not very smart and all of the high level strategy arguments and discussions make their way right over his thick, horned, minotaury head.
So he starts trying to figure out another problem -- this necklace thing that Holt gave him. He attempts to put it over his head and fails spectacularly as it won't even go over one horn.
So he tries the other horn. Then his nose. All no go.
So grunting, grumbling, the huge being tries to fit the gold necklace over his head in so many ways, rolling around on the floor for a good half an hour with it. He ends up giving up; wearing it over one horn and going with teh group -- assigning himself to the ground team.
The Reaper is a pretty decent thing to follow in because, well, that thing is pretty good at attracting all kinds of attention.
Thought doesn't want to get shot up until he actually needs to. He'll heal of course but this is a pretty big fight.
So hefting his new rifle, courtesy of Holt, he follows after Starchief.
"Hey, Mister Chief?" Thought asks over his radio. "Hey, me have Thought! Am Thought. Those mercenaries with mass driver. You ask them for fire support maybe? One or two shots make big help if ship sized! Big boom! Fire support good thing."



Varya
Varya is very much the heroic figure it seems to be. As the clouds of demon flies begin to swarm on the flyers, the Blhaze unleashes dazzling beams of blue-white light, that cut through the darkness and obliterates several of the flying demons.

Carbunckle
Carbunckle roars in delight as he sees enemies to rend the flesh from. He takes off like a bullet and ponces on a demon, clawing at it in a savage barrage of attacks. ”Should have stayed home little demon!” Carbunckle bellows. Carbunckle for all of his prowess takes a pair of vicious blows leaving the Tiger Beast bleeding.

Spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered!

Solaris wrote:"Right, here goes!", Solaris can't help but smile as she starts to trigger the micro-missile launchers, figuring 12 of the things at a time should do some hurt. As Starchief ordered, she'll try to help clear a path, although Tis' choice of music throws her off some. Do all really stark white people listen to this stuff or just her?, she wonders to herself.
As they rumble forward, Solaris will attempt to spot the General and get an idea of troop disposition, numbers, tactics, etc., providing Starchief with any insight she might gain.


Solaris looks at the very target rich environment and sets the micro-missles to maximum spread, launching fusillades of Naruni ordinance into the the demonic ranks. Nearly a dozen of the Demons are slain in firey explosions.

Starchief wrote:Seeing the incoming demons, Starchief gives an order over the comms. "Get these demons off our backs, we're going for the General!" Starchief goes for the general. When he sees him, he shoots him. With a big gun.


"That's a damn good idea, Thought. I'll make the call." Starchief keys his radio in the hopes of reaching the frequency that the mercenaries are on. "Come in Mercs, this is Starchief of the Galactic Adventurers requesting assistance. If you can hear me, we have great need of a strike from your mass driver. We can paint the target for you. Over."[/quote]

Starchief rushes forward as the Reaper cuts a swath of destruction. Starchief’s rifle barks out hot plasma death into the demonic ranks which are beginning to look a bit more haggard in there groupings. He manages to fell a demon or two as they ground team fast approaches the building the Star General is located in.

A sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now, ride now!

Prothor wrote:Prothor gives Holt a nod and moves over to the ground team. I'm faster on the ground anyway. Popping out his two different arm cannons as they exit the building, he activates his cyber-camera and starts broadcasting so that Holt can teleport in if he's needed. He chuckles to himself, Well, at the very least, if I happen to be dis-armed...and de-legged, Holt should be able to pop in and save my head.
When they are found out, Prothor says aloud and over the team comms, "We should move forward at speed and engage the General. Otherwise, he'll just call up more forces and bog us down."
Moving to take the lead, Prothor fires on the closest approaching demons as he makes his way to close on the General with the chain weapon.


Prothor’s Bionic body is an asset to the very concept of running battles, he has the mass and strength to fire crew served weapons while on the move. Prothor manages to bring down a dog faced demon with a few shots of his heavy laser. Prothor is caught by a pair of hellish blasts that leave him shrouded in a cloud of smoke afterwards.

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson listens and smiles at Baron's call out. Well, that was creative! Hope it works... I wonder if the demons know what a fuckwit is? He activates the Armor of Ithan built in to the Drudge. He puffs out his cheeks, takes a moment to steel himself and says to himself, "And, here we go again. Why do I keep doing this?" He moves off after Prothor and Vort. He radios briefly to let the others know he's moving out with them. "Righto then, off we go." Following the others he takes pot shots at the demons they come across.

Armor of Ithan force field activated, sorrenson makes his way with the ground team firing his arm blaster, scoring a pair of kills in the process. Several blasts of hellfire engulf the Drudge, Sorrenson’s quick actions save the armor from any real damage as the Armor of Ithan force field fails once and needs reactivated.

Vortigern wrote:Vortigern is visibly dismayed at the bellowed challenge, turning towards Baron in raw incredulity. A moment later however he accepts and adapts to the new circumstances. Giving a quick not to Prothor as he answers. "Agreed. We make for our first target, immediately, before the throng is upon us! he says before urging Carbunckle to speed, and attempting to bypass any early arriving demons to seek their sought target. "We seek their commander, Carbunckle. He more like than not smells different than the others. A Dysasha, with ursine features. Let me know if you smell him, and we will seek our prey in earnest." he says as he hunches down in the saddle on the beast, angling his shield to protect mount and rider both.
Vortigern will attempt to take full advantage of the speed and maneuverability of his new mount doing his best to scout and allow Carbunckle to smell and scent for their prey, while still staying reasonably near to the rest of the ground team. Any engagement that doesn't involve their target and/or one of the other decoy generals will be avoided and disengaged from as soon as possible to instead continue hunting.
We must not become trapped here by those who come to put down the challenge!


Vortigern has to help Carbunckle fend off a particularly powerful demon, but the two combined manage to put it down. Vortigern is finding that though Carbunckle is loyal he seems so bloodthirsty that directing him is more difficult than it originally seemed. When Vortigern orders Carbunckle to sniff out the Star Deneral, the Tiger Beast roars. ”He’s ahead in that building, or at the very least there are more in the building.” Vortigern is about to say something else when he gets engulfed in a blast of hellfire.

Holt wrote:Holt readies his rifle and sights as Vortigern begins to charge/thread the space between the Demon parties, "2 large hosts of demons. Don't seem to be engaged with anything. Careful."


Holt makes his way through the battlefield, his position always changing. As he nears the target, he spots through a shattered window in the target building a bear-like creature as it passes across. Holt having seen more than a few images of the Star General is certain that it was the target.

Bryke wrote:Bryke laughs hard without making a sound- which is not uncommon for a natural telepath- but the ear to ear grin is seen on his scarred face at Barons proposal to the 6.
'This softskin is nuts!'
Bryke responds to everyone over comms with a tactical tone:
"Agree with you Pro, push on to the target, try to keep us out of any unnecessary roughness. I got your assets covered from the rear- Ha... Assets cov- rrrhem what's the plan of attack when we actually get there Holt? Are we doing 'em one at a time in a circle with the others or are we hunting and just going 'as the forge' moves us so to speak? And 'Kid Baron', do you think you could puppet-master a 40+ foot robot with a mass driver in a pinch if need be- just curious?"


Bryke follows the ground team giving his tactical advice and posing questions. Bryke thinks maybe he should have paid a bit more attention to his own situation as he is pelted with fiery blasts from the nearby demons.

Metri wrote:As Metri rides magic-glued to Winston's Silverhawk's leg into battle, he looks up at the Maeus and concludes. We will only have moments of time in order to coordinate or react to developments in combat. I had best not waste any of those moments stumbling over my words. I can communicate more clearly through telepathy. Metri strengthens his mind for communication and also enhances his mind for both perception and reflexes ((Telepathy: Superior, Enhanced Perception, Enhanced Reflexes)).
Next, the Yhabbayar's attention turns to the swarms of demons converging on their position. Metri touches the Silverhawk and invokes Superhuman Agility on its pilot. He also creates a magical forcefield ((Armor of Ithan. 140 MDC)) around the two of them.
Winston. You should feel your innate agility improved. And you have some magical protection. If we don't scout out the duplicates, figure out which one is the REAL Star General, the inevitable conclusion of this battle is that our team will get overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of demons out there. I propose that with your enhanced piloting and me firmly stuck to you... you push this Silverhawk as much as you can to buzz the nearest Star General. Avoid as many attacks as you can. For the rest, I will keep replenishing your magical protection. Get me to to within 100 feet from the Demon commander and let me get a good look at their and their weapon's aura. Gain some altitude to avoid the throng of ground troops and we will repeat the process again until we figure out which one is the true Star General.
After conveying the plan, Metri hopes that Winston has the courage the see the actions through and the trust in him to keep him and the Silverhawk protected through the risky gamble. Once the Maeus confirms the mission, Metri will enable himself to See Aura and will prepare himself to (continually if necessary) grant the Silverhawk Armor of Ithan protections.
"Ready, Go. Hmm." Metri will state simply, inwardly bracing for the sudden acceleration.


Metri casts spells and offers advice to Winston who for his part is busy killing demon flies and locusts. Which leaves Metri with very little ability to look for the Star General.

When the general call goes out to the mercenaries armed with a Mass Driver, it takes several long moments for them to respond. ]”This is Colonel Fuller with Fox Company. I suppose we could offer a bit of fire support, but were dealing with our own problems. You’ll have to give us a minute and some damn accurate coordinates.”

Kiadan Slywyth
Kiadan is huddled down under a bit of rubble as the demons that have invaded the city of Center run amok. Not too far in the distance she can see that two large groups of demons are being pulverized by… well she’s not sure, but they don’t look like splugorth or Kreegor or anything of the sort. From her position Kiadan can see another unoccupied mob of demons beginning to take notice of the fighting nearby. Maybe she should warn them…

Butchers Bill
Baron: -20 M.D.C.Main Body
Reaper: -100 M.D.C.Main Body
Carbunckle: -160 M.D.C.
Prothor: -50 M.D.C.
Sorrenson: AOI Force Field: -10 M.D.C., -10 P.P.E.
Vortigern: -50 M.D.C.
Bryke: -80 M.D.C.

Combat posts. Round 2, If you don’t want to be hit by stuff, add at least dodge rolls, some of you were fish in a barrel.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [MW IV] Regicide

Postby Kiadan Slywyth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Perception:1d20+4 = 8
JIC d20:1d20 = 3
JIC d100:1d100 = 95
Prowl:1d100 = 77 of 74% (Fail)

Hunkered down in her hideyhole Kiadan couldn't help but wonder how she'd ever ended up in this place. The last thing she'd remembered was running across a bar room floor while portals opened up and enemies were shooting at her and the rogues. It was all terrifying. Jack had told her to grab something, she couldn't remember what and she'd done it and there'd been a bright flash of light and then darkness. She sat on her haunches, tiny fore paws tapping her chin. She didn't like being alone when she didn't know where she was. The unfunny scientist could be anywhere... or worse still... Her owner. She shook her scaled head. That was hard to believe... logically she knew, had to know, maybe... that they weren't around.

As she peered out of her lair she looked around her surroundings. She was still in a city of some sort. They'd last been on center. Was she still on center? Had the light just knocked her out? Then where was Jack? Where was Alysisa or Gold Mohawk Man or Friend Holt? They had to be somewhere around here. There was fighting in the distance. Maybe the rogues didn't know she was here because they'd been pushed back. Pushed far away from her. Her friendly shadows had swallowed her at the last possible second and she was safe but the others didn't know where she was. She nodded. That made sense. The shadows always loved her. Loved her and protected her. She could run through the shadows and pop out in other shadows very far away. She'd done it before that had to be what happened now.

She wasn't sure exactly what was going on it looked like a scene from Magus The Battle Mage™, if she had to guess she was pretty sure that's what she was seeing. Magus must have come to lend his aid. To fight the evil ones and help them. Things like this made sense... it's what heroes like Magus did. She wondered quickly if her friend Mizzor could be her somewhere. She had many things she wanted to show her friend. Starting first with Botty the Bonic Crap™. Mizzor would love Botty! She'd programmed him to scuttle and beep and that always made the Ris'War laugh. A sudden explosion in the distance caught her attention. Back in the direction of the battle Magus must have been in. She knew Magus could handle himself, he was the toughest mage around. Almost as tough as his Cosmo Knight friend. She sat back regarding the area around her. So much destruction... so many shinies around. "Owners not miss if Kiadan take some shinies..." she mumbled aloud, a bad habit for the tiny lemur sized dragon.

Slowly she slunk out of her hiding spot, stopping at the sound behind and to her left. Slowly, carefully, quietly, she turned her head. She knew. Everyone knew. Slow or no movement. Inexperienced make sudden move and they got caught. But not her. She was the Escaper of Cages™ she knew better than to move suddenly. The shadows only protected so much and sudden movement made the shadows unhappy. They liked to slither and just slowly envelop. She couldn't make out what the creatures were at first. Then she squinted her eyes and recognized them from her informational videos. Magus had repelled these types before. And they looked like they were heading right for the illustrious battle mage. A look of determination crossed Kiadan's small face as she made up her mind. She might be safe here hiding in her small hole but she would be safer with bigger and stronger friends like Magus and his Cosmo Knight friend.

Slinking back into the shadows Kiadan began to move in the direction of where she knew Magus to be. The sounds of fighting would be where the duo would be. As she grew closer she turned into her black speckled form, a creature of living space, and continued on. She had to warn Magus that his enemies were coming. She just had to find a shadow she could jump to and move onto that would protect her and allow her to meet her idol.

OOC Comments
Action 1: Look around
Action 2: Slink/prowl
Action 3: Activate APS:Void
Action 4: Slink/prowl
Action 5: Teleport into a shadow of a "good guy"
Kiadan Slywyth
HP: 26/26
SDC: 65/65
PPE: 20
N-50 Super Heavy Force Field: 160/160
Void Form MDC: 50/50
Millennium Wand of Power (Invulnerability)
Duration: Constant
MDC: 50
Millennium Wand of Power (Armor of Ithan)
Duration: 7 minutes
PPE: 10
MDC: 70
User avatar
Kiadan Slywyth
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:59 am
Location: Richmond Va

Previous

Return to A City At War

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest