Minion War OOC Chat

The Battle for Center has begun! Fight for your lives, and the fate of the Three Galaxies!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: Minion War OOC Chat

Postby SNAFU » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Dime Store Magic wrote:
SNAFU wrote:
EU Rules wrote:Bionics
※Amplified Hearing: same as Heightened Sense of Hearing (HU2)

Eh, I have to punt this to DL.

1. That quote is in regards to HU2 bionic characters
2. Baron is a scholar/adventure mutant who happens to have cybernetics, and I would think he would have to use Rifts cybernetics and bionics.
3. Neither in RUE or HU2 does the power provide a bonus to perception that I can see.

Please do, it's been common practice across the board to add implant bonuses.

Also, there's a consequence to being stingy with perception... If nobody sees anything to act on, the GM has to lead the players through the narrative. Perception is what player's use to find out what the fuck is happening, it doesn't force the GM to reveal anything he doesn't want to.
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
      5. THE GM OF THE BADDEST (Spooks), TOUGHEST (Roughnecks) MERCS ON EU!!!
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:15 am

Amplified hearing does provide a bonus, but it's situational according to the discussion in the thrrad. So include it as a separate bonus.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImage
Dark Lord
Dimension Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Thanks DL for the clarification.

So then I think Baron's base perception % is:

Base = 15%
4 Levels x 3% = 12%
Extraordinary Intelligence = 5% (seems like double dipping with the high IQ skill bonus, but the bonus is listed in the power list on the perception houserule. I don't see any situational limitations so in it goes)
Multi-Tasking = 5%
IQ 28 Skill Bonus = 14%

Total: 51%
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby SNAFU » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Dime Store Magic wrote:Thanks DL for the clarification.

So then I think Baron's base perception % is:

Base = 15%
4 Levels x 3% = 12%
Extraordinary Intelligence = 5% (seems like double dipping with the high IQ skill bonus, but the bonus is listed in the power list on the perception houserule. I don't see any situational limitations so in it goes)
Multi-Tasking = 5%
IQ 28 Skill Bonus = 14%

Total: 51%

Fixed, thanks!
    • Snafu is
      :SNA·FU; (snaˈfo͞o): 1. A less than desirable scenario in an environment where similar less than desirable scenarios are the norm. 2. A major glitch. 3. A ridiculously chaotic situation. 4. The natural state of things during combat or wartime.
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:00 am

Last day of the quad. Get some posts in, if you can!
Also, as a reminder, Perception has changed, we are no longer rolling a d20. Update your character sheets if you haven't already and make sure your perception rolls are a d% against your perception skill.
I wont lead you to temptation, but I can give you directions. - The Rogue Trader

Ask not what your GM can do for you, Ask what can you do for your GM - Proposed AGM Motto
Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 pm

Polls are up, you have seven days to cast your votes.

Consumer's Poll

Dark Lord's Poll
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:10 am

We are at GM post +7 days - get your posts in if you haven't already!!
I wont lead you to temptation, but I can give you directions. - The Rogue Trader

Ask not what your GM can do for you, Ask what can you do for your GM - Proposed AGM Motto
Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Okay - new quad, folks! We are two days out from the GM posts, so get your posts up! Let's try to raise those post rates!!

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:41 am

We are at GM post plus 5 days and only a handful of you have posted. Let's get those posts in.

Let's get that post rate up this quad!

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby SNAFU » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:07 am

Model Type: NE-X4-LH Sun Chariot Power Armor
Class: Experimental Combat Powered Armor Suit.
Crew: One.
M.D.C. by Location:
Forearm Plasma Cartridge Weapons (2; round shields) - 80 each
Chest Mounted Mini-Missile Launcher (1) - 100
Retractable Vibro-Swords (2, one per forearm) - 100 each
Forearm Shields - 120 each
Arms (2) - 100 each
Hands (2) - 50 each
Legs (2) - 160 each
Feet (2) - 60 each
*Head Helmet - 100
**Main Body - 320
***NE-FIOA Light Force Field - 60 (available In "armor mode" only).
* Destroying the head/helmet has a 01-70% chance of knocking the pilot unconscious. Staying conscious has its own problems: The pilot loses all combat bonuses provided by the armor, no access to sensors, his head is now vulnerable to attack, and the Sun Chariot can no longer use "chariot mode" or the "Dragon's Breath" attack. Note: The head (and hand) is a small and difficult target to hit. Thus, it can only be hit when an attacker aims and makes a "called shot," and even then he is -4 to strike.
**Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the armor down completely, making it useless in both modes of operation.
*** If the M.D.C. of the force field is depleted, it cannot regenerate and reactivate again for 12 hours. As long as the force field's M.D.C. has not been depleted, however, it regenerates lost M.D.C. at the rate of one point per minute (that's 60 M.D.C. an hour). An overloaded force field can be activated at full strength (all M.D.C.) after the 12 hour delay has expired.
Remember: The Sun Chariot is made out of Thermo-Kinetic alloy and has a series of heat baffles that make it impervious to fire and heat (including magical fire); no damage. The Sun Chariot also reduces all damage from physical impacts, high speed collisions, explosives, missiles, and most projectile weapons by half.
Statistical Data:
Running: Can run at up to 70 mph (112 km) maximum. Note that the act of running does tire out the operator, but at only 30% of the normal fatigue rate, thanks to the robot exoskeleton.
Chariot Speed: As a wheeled vehicle, the Sun Chariot can reach an impressive ground speed of 400 mph (640 km) and does not tire its pilot (same as riding a crotch rocket motorcycle or rocket bike).
Leaping: The powerful robot legs can leap up to 20 feet (6.1 m) high or across, twice that distance with a running start. A leap is not possible in chariot config.
Underwater: Not possible. Being submerged for more than five minutes causes severe damage. The experimental systems react badly to water, blowing out the chariot configuration and the transforming ability of the armor.
Flying: Not possible.
Height: 8 feet (2.4 m).
Width: 6 feet (1.8 m), from shoulder to shoulder.
Length: 3.5 feet (1.06 m).
Weight: 600 Ibs (270 kg).
Physical Strength: Equal to a Robotic P.S. 24.
Cargo: None.
Power System: Nuclear; average energy life of 5 years, still experimental and draws too much energy.
Weapon Systems:
1. Plasma Cartridge Forearm Weapons (2): These weapons use Naruni NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridges and are the equivalent of having two built in Naruni heavy plasma canridge rifles.
Primary Purpose: Assault.
Secondary Purpose: Defense.
Mega-Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. per single shot, or 2D4x10 M.D. for a twin forearm shot
Rate of Fire: Each single or dual shot counts as one melee attack.
Range: 1200 feet (365 m).
Payload: 120 shot internal magazine per arm (60 dual two-shot bursts per arm). There has been some consideration about going with the medium or even the micro-Plasma Cartridges to double or triple the payload, though damage would be less (5d6 and 1d6x10, or 3d6 and 6d6 respectively).
2. Chest Mounted Mini-Missile Launcher (1): The chest launcher comes from the factory armed with plasma mini-missiles, but any kind of conventional mini-missile can be used in the launcher.
Primary Purpose: Anti-Aircraft/ground to air, Anti-Robot and Anti-Armor.
Secondary Purpose: Defense and Anti-Missile.
Damage: Varies with mini,missile type. Any mini-missile can be used, but standard issue is always plasma (1D6x10 M.D.). Fragmentation (5D6 M.D.) may be used for anti-personnel operations.
Range: Usually about a mile (1.6 km).
Rate of Fire: One at a time or a volley of two, three, four, six or twelve.
Payload: 12 total, six on each side of the chest.
3 . Dragon's Breath Plasma Ejector: A short stream of flaming plasma can be fired ITom a housing in the helmet, simulating fire breath.
Primary Purpose: Self-Defense and Close Combat.
Mega-Damage: 5D6 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Dragon's Breath blast counts as one melee attack.
Range: 100 feet (30.5 m).
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Bonus: + 2 to strike when grappling with an opponent.
4. Retractable Plasma Swords (2): A pair of Vibro-Swords are concealed in the forearms of the Sun Chariot and used in close combat when in armor configuration.
Primary Purpose: Close Combat and Self-Defense.
Mega-Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Range: Close Combat weapons only.
Bonus: As per W.P. Sword.
5. Chariot Configuration: Ideal for high speed pursuits! chases and quick escapes. Once Chariot "config" is engaged, it generates a fiery plasma field around the Sun Chariot capable of inflicting serious damage to anyone who touches it. Anyone who grabs or leaps on top of a Sun Chariot is burned, suffering 2D6 M.D. initial damage and 2D6 M.D. additional for every melee round (15 seconds) he tries to hold on {which usually isn't more than 2D4 seconds}. The burning vapors blind unprotected eyes even of Mega~Damage beings, forcing the individual to close them tightly and temporarily blinding the character. Those in protective armor will still find their vision obscured because the plasma vapors create a thick, fiery mist that engulfs them. However, no permanent damage is done to the eyes and vision recovers as soon as they let go. The plasma field does have a few fatal flaws. The first is that the magnetic field that maintains the plasma field around the Sun Chariot interferes with communications systems and electronics (-30% on all skill rolls involving communications and reading sensors, reduce the distance of outgoing transmissions by 70% and incoming messages are filled with static and missing words). Second, the magnetic field does not protect anything the Sun Chariot is carrying or holding. and such things are burnt to a cinder by the plasma field. Third, only the Plasma Cartridge Forearm Weapons can be fired in Chariot configuration, and they are locked in a fixed forward position. To fire missiles, use any of the other weapons, or to engage aerial opponents, the pilot must stop and transform into the "armor" configuration (counts as two attacks/actions for that melee round). The only other mode of attack available in Chariot config is to sideswipe an opponent or slam/ram into his target over and over again, like an angry, flaming ping-pong ball. Every ram/sideswipe does 3D6 M.D. {2D6 points being bum damage from the plasma field} to the opponent and has a 01-88% likelihood of knocking the opponent off his feet and sending him flying 1D4x10 yards/meters (loses initiative and two melee attacks in the process) - 2D6 M.D. greater damage if the Chariot is going faster than 250 mph {400 km} - but the power armor also takes 1D6 M.D. from each ram/sideswipe/crash attack (damage is minimal thanks to the Thermo~Kinetic aIloy that makes up the armor).
6. Hand to Hand Combat:
Rather than use a weapon, the pilot can engage in Mega-Damage hand to hand combat.
Bonuses and Damage from Sun Chariot PA Combat Training:
Restrained Punch: 2D6+5 S.D.C.
Full Strength Punch: 1D4 M.D.
Power Punch: 2D4 M.D.
Kick: 1D6 M.D.
Leap Kick: 2D6 M.D.
Body Flip Throw: One M.D. plus victim loses one melee attack.Body Block Ram in "armor" configuration: 1D6 M.D. and has a 01-45% chance of knocking one's opponent off his feet (if successful, the target loses the initiative and one melee attack/action), but counts as two melee attacks.
Bonuses:
+2 to initiative, +1 to strike, +3 to parry, +2 to dodge, + 3 to dodge while in chariot mode, +2 to roll with impact, + 5 to roll with impact while in chariot mode, +2 to disarm, +1 to pull punch, and +1 attack per melee at levels 1, 4, 8 & 12.
Don't forget, heat, fire, explosions and most projectile weapons, including rail gun fire, do half damage.

Adjustment Recommendations:

1. Particle Beam Blaster: Built into the left forearm gauntlet is a particle beam gun, intended for use as a backup weapon and also for close combat.
Primary Purpose: Close Combat/Assault.
Secondary Purpose: Defense.
Mega Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Equal to hand to hand attacks per melee.
Effective Range: 2000 feet (610 m).
Payload: Unlimited. The particle beam gun draws power item the nuclear power supply, giving it an effectively unlimited payload.

2. Load K-Hex Missiles instead of plasma.

3. Ripper Vibro-Swords instead of Plasma.

4. Disable Plasma Field
    • Snafu is
        MERC LIFE!
      • William Summers
SNAFU
Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 am

Day 3 since the 3/16 GM post. Still to post:

GA:
Chef Icky
Kiadan
Metri
Tis

GR:
Baron
Bryke
Prothor
Vortigern

Holt is inactive for the quarter.

I am going to clean up this OOC thread and the Galactic Adventurer's OOC thread next week, I'll be trimming everything prior to 2/1/2018. Please review for anything you want to keep.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:35 am

Day 4 since GM post and only 3 players have posted.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Solaris » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:49 am

So I guess we have to turn off the OP field and fight these guys? Or does someone have a better idea?
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
Solaris

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:54 am

Y'all. We are at GM post plus 9 days, and 6 posted (4 Adventurers, and 2 Rogues). Kiadan is on Hiatus, Sorrenson is in the tracker.

Get your posts in, folks.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:54 am

Y'all. We are at GM post plus 9 days, and 6 posted (4 Adventurers, and 2 Rogues). Kiadan is on Hiatus, Sorrenson is in the tracker.

Get your posts in, folks.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:24 am

We are at GM post +4 days, and only 2 posted (4 in the tracker, I believe).

Y'all... we need to get our post rates back to normal.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Rogue Trader » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:38 am

GM post + 11 days, with 7 characters posted. I see Vort and Thought in the Tracker. EDIT: Holt is EP Inactive.

6 more weeks in the quad, and post rates aren't looking great for most of y'all.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Solaris » Sat May 05, 2018 10:45 am

Hopefully my post rate has been pretty good this go 'round. :?
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
Solaris

Postby Rogue Trader » Tue May 08, 2018 5:17 am

Solaris wrote:Hopefully my post rate has been pretty good this go 'round. :?

Yours has been excellent.

The current* group post rate for Adventurers is ~.83 though. For Rogues it's ~.67. We have 5 more weeks in the quad, so (for everyone else) it's time to pull those postrates UP. :)

* - Calculated for the current number of weeks passed, not against the whole quad. That number takes into account EP hiatuses for Holt and Kiadan as well, so they're not dragging the numbers down.

Rogue Trader
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:19 am

Polls are up, vote for your team's GM. (Adventurers - Dark Lord, Consumer - Rogues). You have until 6/8/2018 in the morning to vote.

Dark Lord Poll

Consumer Poll
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Dime Store Magic wrote:Polls are up, vote for your team's GM. (Adventurers - Dark Lord, Consumer - Rogues). You have until 6/8/2018 in the morning to vote.

Dark Lord Poll

Consumer Poll

Polls close Friday.

DL has 5 votes, but only 4 people have confirmed - still to vote: Thought, Juan, and/or Tis

Consumer has 1 vote, with 1 confirmed - still to vote: Baron, Bryke, Prothor, and Vortigern

-----

We are on day 3 since the 6/2 GM post, posts still needed from: Icky, StarChief, Thought, Tis, Baron, Bryke, Prothor, and Vortigern
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:34 am

Day 4 since the June 11th GM post.

Still to post:

Adventurers

Name - Last Post Date
Chef Icky - 6/8
Solaris - 6/9
StarChief - 6/8
Thought 5/7 - Has a post in the tracker that he will return on June 7th. Missed the opportunity to post for the June 2nd GM post.

Rogues

Name - Last Post Date
Bryke - 6/9
Prothor - 6/7
Vortigern - 4/26 - Has a post in the tracker that he will return at some vague date in July.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Prothor » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:39 am

Sorry I've been delayed folks. I'm trying to get posts caught up now.

FYI, I do have a post in the tracker.
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Dime Store Magic » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:35 pm

Closing in on the end of Day 5since the 6/19 GM post.  Chef Icky is in the tracker.

Still to post:

Baron
Bryke
Metri
Tis
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Day 6 since the 6/27 GM post. The list of those who need to post is long and distinguished. :wink:

Baron
Chef Icky
Prothor
StarChief
Vortigern (Sort of in the tracker).
Tis
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:43 am

Day 6 since the 7/5 GM post.

Baron, Metri, Tis, and Vortigern are in the tracker.

Still to post: Bryke, Chef Icky, and Prothor.
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master

Postby Dime Store Magic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:23 am

Hey if you haven't been paying attention. There is a discussion on changing how XP is awarded. Augur has put out a call for proposals to vote upon. The voting will begin on August 1. There will still be the option of keeping it as is, but you'd need to vote to make it happen. Please take the time to read and comment if you haven't already. If you don't like what you see, you can propose something!

XP System Change Discussion
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=962&t=17001

XP Proposals
http://www.explorersunlimited.com/eu/viewtopic.php?f=962&t=17017

It's day 6 since the 7/14 GM post.

Prothor will be in the tracker from 7/28 to 8/3
Dark Lord will be in the tracker from 7/22 to 8/20
Metri is in the tracker to 7/23
Sorrenson is in the tracker until 7/31
Rogue Trader is in the tracker to 7/22
Vortigern is in the tracker until 7/31

Still to post: Baron, Chef Icky, StarChief, and Tis