[MW V] The Belly of the Beast

The Battle for Center has begun! Fight for your lives, and the fate of the Three Galaxies!

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:40 am

Perception (21%): 1d100 = 53
JiC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 10
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21

Combat Status
APM: 5
Cosmic Armor: 715/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (144:00 min.)

Moves
Actions
1. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 13/damage - 5d6 = 16 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 7/damage - 5d6 = 23 M.D.
2. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 10/damage - 5d6 = 23 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 25/damage - 5d6 = 19 M.D.
3. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 23/damage - 5d6 = 14 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 10/damage - 5d6 = 17 M.D.
4. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 14/damage - 5d6 = 20 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 7/damage - 5d6 = 14 M.D.
5. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 24/damage - 5d6 = 13 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 14/damage - 5d6 = 16 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Energy blast anything coming from hangar door; strike - 1d20 = 11/damage - 2d6 = 5= M.D
2. Energy blast anything coming from hangar door; strike - 1d20 = 3/damage - 2d6 = 7= M.D
3. Energy blast anything coming from hangar door; strike - 1d20 = 7/damage - 2d6 = 7= M.D
4. Energy blast anything coming from hangar door; strike - 1d20 = 14/damage - 2d6 = 11= M.D
5. Energy blast anything coming from hangar door; strike - 1d20 = 2/damage - 2d6 = 6= M.D
6. Swap Magical clubs for V81 Volcano
7. Fire wide blast with V81 Volcano; strike - 1d20+1 = 19/damage - 4d6 = 21 M.D.
8. Fire wide blast with V81 Volcano; strike - 1d20+1 = 14/damage - 4d6 = 18 M.D.
9. Fire wide blast with V81 Volcano; strike - 1d20+1 = 17/damage - 4d6 = 13 M.D.
10. Fire wide blast with V81 Volcano; strike - 1d20+1 = 17/damage - 4d6 = 12 M.D.
Parry rolls:
1)1d20+6 = 11; 2)1d20+6 = 26; 3)1d20+6 = 11; 4)1d20+6 = 15; 5)1d20+6 = 11

On the ship...
Urqos Tisephone wrote:"Oh, no! That's not a common faith at all. From what I understand Jeezo is a deity native to Pleasure Planet 9 and possibly only worshiped by the rude pilot of the other ship." Tis the sticks out her hand.

"It's very nice to meet you sir, I am Tisephone Atroposa of the Psychopompene."

Juan Echo clasps the hand carefully, remembering not to crush the Urqos' hand. Though delicate looking, Juan sensed that this one was actually quite strong. They all were on this ship, even the larva. "It is an honor to meet you Tisephone. I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama. As long as I am on this ship, I shall provide protection and bring good fortune to this crew.

"You say you do not worship Jeezo like the Urqos Baron? There are many pantheons in the Three Galaxies, but I would assume that you all worshiped the same pantheon since you hatched from the same nest. Well aside from the larva and wolfen, of course."

Blonde Urqos wrote:"What happened to Thought?"

"What's a Thought?"*

*****

Later...
Dark Lord wrote:"Your orders are to land and make your insertion there, while the bulk of our second-wave forces follows the first through the front door. You see any friendlies in trouble, do what you can, but remember the mission- find Halthhag. Fast. Bedwyn out.”

After hearing the orders on the comm system will look to see if he can swap the energy canister in his V-81 for a full one. He will not worry if he cannot find a fresh canister. The Wanderer has little understanding of the conflict that he has stumbled upon, but Cormal is a threat to all those traversing the skies. That's reason enough to ally himself with this group of travelers; and Juan Echo will always fight on the side of a group of upstanding travelers.

Juan steps off the ship clubs in hand and V-81 slung over his back. Immediately, he scans around the hangar. He doesn't recognize anything about the destroyed fighters, but he instinctively knows that they were once dangerously powerful. "Think we should inspect any of them for parts?" he asks.

If anyone agrees Juan will accompany them as they search around wrecked craft for any salvageable weapons. If, at any point while looking around the hangar, they encounter any sign of life that survived the allied bombardment, Juan will attack it with his Magical Clubs (Actions 1-5).

If anything approaches the hangar doors, Juan will join the small hairy Urqos in opening fire on the enemy with his energy blasts (Contingencies 1-5). However, if there is an oncoming horde of enemies, Juan knows that his divine power won't be enough. He will tuck away his Magical Clubs in his tether cable (Contingency 6) and fire wide arcs from his V81 Volcano (Contingencies 7-10).

* Juan Echo had not met Thought. He also has no self-awareness, even relative for a member of the Yayamama Pantheon.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:28 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 12/48% (33(base)+15(enhanced perception)=48)
JIC: 1d20 = 16| 1d100 = 16%
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 12
APM: 9
-----------------------------------
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)
OP Field <17/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 96/159
ISP: 115/260
MDC: 57/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
PPE Battery 1. PPE: 105/180.
PPE Battery 2. PPE: 108/180.
PPE Battery 3. PPE: 105/180.
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
  • TK:Super. 47.75 min. 14 objects. 400 lbs.
  • Enhanced Perception. 47.75 min.
    • This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.).
    • Bonuses: +3 to Perception (+15% by house rule), +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).


Like a familiar cocoon of safety, Metri clings to his bubble meditation while confronted with the harsh reality of the loss of Thought. This war has claimed many lives. At the very least, Thought's life was not lost without purpose. Still... I should have sensed the minotaur would not be able to keep up with the others in our scurry back to the ships. Though I could see, my attention was elsewhere. The Yhabbayar is momentarily swept away in 'what ifs', re-imagining the combat if only he had re-apportioned some of his attention back to those pulling out of the cave. If he had sent a shockwave bubble centered on Thought, perhaps it would have bought him the time he needed to break free of the swarm. If he had imbued Thought with cosmic armor, perhaps he would have been able to take flight and keep up with everyone else fleeing for their lives. Perhaps even if he had sent a magical meteor down, enough of the field would have been cleared to earn the minotaur the precious seconds that separated life from loss.

Voices over the radio bring the Yhabbayar out of his internal space. Knowing it important that he pay attention to the greater scope of battle, Metri comes out of his bubble trance, dispels the adhesion sticking him to Icky and ambles over closer to the radio to listen in on the transmission.

During the subsequent bombardment and second wave heavy assault, Metri looks on with eyes welling up with tears. So much suffering... So much unity and hope... What a terrible and magnificent thing facing oblivion is. "Glimmer of hope... In the darkest recesses, is found, hmm." Metri remarks to nobody in particular before wiping his eyes and hopping off his seating ledge, finding his feet. Sensing that their work not yet done, the mystic's intuition is confirmed when, later, Bedwyn's new deployment orders come over the radio.

Metri grabs his gear and asks those gathered if they have need of any additional magical protection. "Magical protection?" he asks, gesturing at the shimmering cosmic armor still intact on some of the others. For himself, since he does not wish to draw attention to his diminutive form, he will simply erect a new Armor of Ithan. Sensing his telepathic links fading, he will strengthen his mind with Telepathy: Superior and his body with Enhanced Reflexes.

When they disembark, Metri will offer his magic once more to those in the other ship. The Yhabbayar's internal sense of justice has pointed out that he has been disproportional in how much magical support he has given the Adventurers versus the Rogues of late. Since they share the same goal and will need to trudge through the same muck to get there, equal access only makes sense.

If they are afforded the luxury of organizing into a battle formation, Metri will try to linger a bit in the rear.

At the triggering of sixth sense, Metri will raise up his Stormstrike and prepare to join the others in firing on enemies attacking their position. The relative size of the heavy explosive railgun and the wrinkled green d-bee wielding it would strike a humorous scene if not for the deadly seriousness of the mission at hand.

If/When combat breaks out, Metri will send aimed single shots downrange at their enemies with the intent of spreading out his fire, with his contribution to the fight being the concussive effect of the explosive rounds rather than brute damage.

Action 1-2: Fire Stormstrike (single round) at enemy target. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26. (crit!) Damage: 2d6+2 = 14 MD to 2 foot area. ((Anyone hit by this weapon must roll a 15 (10 if protected by force field) or better to stay on their feet (P.P. bonus is applied) or they will be blown to the ground, lose initiative and half their attacks for the rest of that melee round and are stunned: Reduce bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, disarm and roll with impact by half.))
Action 3-4: Fire Stormstrike (single round) at enemy target. Strike: 1d20+6 = 10. Damage: 2d6+2 = 7 MD to 2 foot area. ((Anyone hit by this weapon must roll a 15 (10 if protected by force field) or better to stay on their feet (P.P. bonus is applied) or they will be blown to the ground, lose initiative and half their attacks for the rest of that melee round and are stunned: Reduce bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, disarm and roll with impact by half.))
Action 5-6: Fire Stormstrike (single round) at enemy target. Strike: 1d20+6 = 14. Damage: 2d6+2 = 8 MD to 2 foot area. ((Anyone hit by this weapon must roll a 15 (10 if protected by force field) or better to stay on their feet (P.P. bonus is applied) or they will be blown to the ground, lose initiative and half their attacks for the rest of that melee round and are stunned: Reduce bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, disarm and roll with impact by half.))
Action 7-8: Fire Stormstrike (single round) at enemy target. Strike: 1d20+6 = 26. (crit!) Damage: 2d6+2 = 6 MD to 2 foot area. ((Anyone hit by this weapon must roll a 15 (10 if protected by force field) or better to stay on their feet (P.P. bonus is applied) or they will be blown to the ground, lose initiative and half their attacks for the rest of that melee round and are stunned: Reduce bonuses to strike, parry, dodge, disarm and roll with impact by half.))
Action 9: Reserved for contingencies: Armor of Ithan (AoI) to protect teammates (or himself if current AoI is lost) in need.

Code for Spells/Psionics used
Code: Select all
[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. [color=green]800[/color]/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Code: Select all
[*]Telepathy: Superior. 500 ft probe. 1000 ft comm. 16.00 min.

Code: Select all
[*]Enhance Reflexes. 16.00 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.

Code: Select all
[*]Armor of Ithan. 16.00 min. [color=green]160[/color]/160 MDC. Magic fire, cold, lightning do half damage.

Expenditure Tally this round
  • PPE: -AoI (Metri) + -23 per CA (as per request) + -5 per AoI (as per request)
  • ISP: -4 TS + -5 ER = -9
  • Stormstrike rounds: -4
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:54 am

Per: 1d100 = 69/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 36
N-20B force field -25 M.D.C. Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 11/12 clips

[*]Cosmic Armor. 145.00 min. 784/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -
10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

"What's a Thought?"

"Not that you were meant to hear that, but Thought is one of our crew.", Solaris explains to Juan
with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

Upon landing the ship, Solaris takes a moment to reload her Gravity Rifle, something the hasty egress
from the last battlezone didn't allow. As the fleet in orbit starts bombarding the planet's surface, the
former CAF commander is reminded of one admiral's boast - more firepower than God. If only that were
true.


Exiting the craft with the rest of the team, Solaris attempts to move up sticking to cover, as she's
been trained and drilled countless times to do. Of course, the entire team isn't similarly trained, so
she points out good positions to people if she can. ((Military Tactics 1d100 = 18/63%)) If the group runs into opposition, she announces, "Contact!".

Initiative 1d20+9 = 29
# of Actions: 7

Action 1: gravity field as many enemies as possible
Action 2-4: use force manipulation to drag an enemy into the field 1d20+3 = 7
Action 5-7: use force manipulation to drag an enemy into the field 1d20+3 = 18

Contingencies:

dodge/parry if necessary, roll with punch/fall/impact if hit with physical attack
Dodge rolls: 1d20+10 = 27,
1d20+10 = 21,
1d20+10 = 12,
1d20+10 = 29,
1d20+10 = 25,
1d20+10 = 27,
1d20+10 = 27

Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact:
1d20+10 = 11,
1d20+10 = 14,
1d20+10 = 26,
1d20+10 = 19,
1d20+10 = 22,
1d20+10 = 11,
1d20+10 = 11,
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 7
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 25
Perception: 1d20+2 = 8

What a shitty day. Looks like we lost one, and still in the thick of it. Wonder if I’ll ever find a group strong enough to take it to that… ahh to take it to her. I know she and her kind were sent packing from their own world and her motives were just, but bricks and sticks she went about it all wrong- look at me now, yet again fighting in a survival of the fittest contest. Just once I wouldn’t mind a long stretch of peaceful exploration, maybe visit a quasar, or perhaps a nebula or two. Nothing more stellar than being a witness to the birth of a star.

HA HA HA!” The laugh comes out of nowhere.

More stellar? What a dimwit.

Bryke, content to remain alone with his thoughts, buckles-in, checks his weapon once, taps it once and looks it over. Immediately after he taps it three times, then looks it over one last time, tapping it once before releasing it from its sling and slapping it secure in a mag stand next to his seat. Performing odd numbered tasks and actions just feel better to him.

He listens to the next objective, and forms a mental picture of the rendezvous point. The Time Master then begins meditation approximately 8 minutes into the trip when they are part way to their next destination, thinking astral travel will aid in scouting briefly. Bryke will attempt to move around the area, incorporeal, as fast and stealthily as one can. The Time Master wills his astral form to be that of a small orb about the size of a soccer ball, simply consciousness in motion. Once out of his promethean form.

Im sure demons can see invisible things, but I can still sneak around the ceilings or go unnoticed.

Prowl: 55% | 1d100 = 71
Prowl: 55% | 1d100 = 72
Prowl: 55% | 1d100 = 64
Prowl: 55% | 1d100 = 80
Prowl: 55% | 1d100 = 33
Prowl: 55% | 1d100 = 100

DODGE: 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 26, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 12

CONTINGENCIES:
When returning to his body Bryke will speak with the groups telepathically to show them what he saw.
Bryke will make sure to watch his back when returning to his body, making sure he is not followed.

.................................................
OOC: mistakes in copying and pasting
1d100 = 99
1d100 = 60
1d100 = 100
1d100 = 5
1d100 = 50
1d100 = 89
1d20+6 = 8
1d20+6 = 16
1d20+6 = 21
1d20+6 = 19
1d20+6 = 22
1d20+6 = 23
1d100 = 24
1d20 = 5
1d100 = 27
1d20+2 = 7
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/116
ISP: 125/37
SDC:634/534 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 13 1d100 = 91
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+3 = 17

Lore: Demon & Monsters 63%=1d100 = 2

Conditions:
Force Field: MDC 137/160


Upon receiving news that they are to return to Cormal, nods resignedly to himself and mutters, "And so we return, but we must learn from our first encounter." Switching on his comms, Prothor broadcasts to the combined group, "This is Prothor. Our last mission was a mixed success but it did afford us a chance to learn about Cormal. When our next assault begins, avoid engaging any creatures of Cormal. Attempt to retire only the demons of Halthhag hoard. To engage any portion of Cormal itself will make our task considerably more difficult."

Ending his lesson/reminder, Prothor raises his voice, "Baron, please pass that information along to Bedwyn so he can inform the fleet at large."

Settling back in his seat as he waits to land, Prothor goes back over his weapons loadout and makes sure everything has a full payload. Keeping his Shoulder Cannon in hand he thinks, If the demons here prove to be immune to plasma we will find out soon enough.

When the ships drop into the damaged hangar and come to a stop, Prothor bolts out to a place of cover and begins sweeping the area. He fires on any demons that may be in the hangar, knowing full well that they would have seen the ship come in for a landing. He does attempt to determine that his targets are not of Cormal before he fires. Of course, anything that engages the group will draw his fire immediately.


1. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 7 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30
2. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 12 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40
3. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 20 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40
4. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 13 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 9 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30
5. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 3 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 13 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 68/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 41

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 220/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 160/160 MDC (not activated)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 196/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 4/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 144:30/160 min.
  • 727/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


Lieutenant Bedwyn wrote:”Okay, Commander. Ground assault has begun. My orders are to have you hold position somewhere safe- give you and your men a short breather. I’m sure they need it after all they’ve been through; much as they deserve more we’re not out of the woods yet. Our orders are to storm Halthhag’s citadel, and finish the job your teams started back on Center. Commander Holt was sent in to try and determine how Halthhag is controlling Cormal- our psychics that haven’t had nervous breakdowns claim that the planet is in some sort of trance. I take it you haven’t heard from him?”

"No sir, no contact from Holt yet."

Lieutenant Bedwyn wrote:"No, of course not. I told command that fortress was locked up too tightly for a covert operation to work. Suppose I can’t blame ‘em for wanting an easy end to this fiasco. Well, consider that your secondary objective. If we kill Halthhag, we stop the demons’ invasion, but if we can take Cormal out of the equation who knows how many more lives will be saved. For now, hole up somewhere safe while we dispatch the first wave with the heavy ordinance. Do what you can to recover and get ready- I’m sending you in right after our second-wave troops. But once you get the order, don’t delay- Cormal is crawling with demons and we don’t have the manpower to contend with their reinforcements. Bedwyn out.”

Starchief nods in understanding of the message. He turns to his crew and says "We're to wait for the first wave to soften them up and then reach our objective. Get yourself prepared however you need."

Starchief waits in the cockpit where he observes first, the bombardment and second, the size of the forces being thrown at Cormal and Halthhag. That's a force if I've ever seen one. We'll have a good swath cut in front of us when we go for Halthhag.

Lieutenant Bedwyn wrote:”Commander Starchief, first wave reports some sort of hangar in the rear of the citadel, set into the ground. Should be big enough to accommodate your ships- orbital bombardment knocked the doors off and took out most of the demon spacecraft within. Your orders are to land and make your insertion there, while the bulk of our second-wave forces follows the first through the front door. You see any friendlies in trouble, do what you can, but remember the mission- find Halthhag. Fast. Bedwyn out.”

"Understood. See you on the other side, Lieutenant." Starchief turns to Solaris and says "Bring us in around back of the citadel." Turning to everyone else he says "Plans have changed. We've got an entry in the rear of the citadel. We're going to insert and power through to find General Halthhag and bring him down. We've made it this far. Let's make sure we complete this mission. For those we've lost, and those who have yet to find their way back to us."

Once they've landed, Starchief grabs his massive rifle and leads the way through the hangar. "Eyes up everyone! Trouble is just around the corner." He depends upon his Star-Alarm to let him know that trouble is incoming to alert the rest of the crew before it is on them.

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 30
APM: 11

Action 1: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 23 Damage: 5d6 = 13 MD
Action 2: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 8 Damage: 5d6 = 20 MD
Action 3: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 16 Damage: 5d6 = 16 MD
Action 4: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: 5d6 = 16 MD
Action 5: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 20 Damage: 5d6 = 14 MD
Action 6: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 5 Damage: 5d6 = 24 MD
Action 7: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 23 Damage: 5d6 = 19 MD
Action 8: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 18 Damage: 5d6 = 10 MD
Action 9: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 10 Damage: 5d6 = 18 MD
Action 10: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 6 Damage: 5d6 = 18 MD
Action 11: Fire NE-99 (Setting 2, short burst, -4 shots) at enemy. Strike: 1d20+4 = 13 Damage: 5d6 = 18 MD

Autododge: 1d20+13 = 251d20+13 = 181d20+13 = 231d20+13 = 231d20+13 = 191d20+13 = 221d20+13 = 281d20+13 = 261d20+13 = 151d20+13 = 201d20+13 = 20
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:21 pm

Knowing that time is of the essence, as the ragtag coalition fighting against Cormal and the demons far above you can only hold out so long you report your success, receive your next instructions, and observe the first wave of the invasion. It is surprisingly successful, all things considered- numerous exterior positions around Halthhag’s castle are destroyed, and your allies are able to land far more troops than you would expect. Perhaps command was right- the demons really were overconfident and unprepared for action on this scale.

Aside from some perhaps less-than-appropriate joviality from the newcomer Juan Echo, your shuttles are largely quiet. Starchief and Prothor (the latter acting as the Rogues’ de facto leader) complete their reports- Bedwyn acknowledges Prothor’s warning about the Cormal organisms and signs off once there are no further questions. Starchief relays your orders to the rest of both teams, not that it’s needed, and the rest of you quietly finish your preparations. You reload weapons, slip into meditation for a few minutes to clear your minds, or simply just stare out the windows at the barren landscape below. Then it’s show time.

You receive your landing coordinates and hit up the ruined hangar behind the complex. As you touch down, Juan casts a covetous glance at the ruined demon armaments and suggests doing a little salvage work, but his request is ignored. Either the tinkerers have decided that there’s not enough time, or they know better than to go messing with demonic techno-wizardry. Your prudence notwithstanding, it isn’t long after you disembark that those of you sensitive to such things are struck by the familiar sense of impending danger. Apparently, the barrage didn’t do as thorough a job of clearing the hangar as you’d thought.

You all have time to get into position, activate defenses as you see fit, and check your weapons before a nearby pile of rubble explodes. From it slithers a humongous (~35 feet long), two-headed snake. Green with yellow tiger stripes, the snake rushes for Juan at the head of the group. Burn marks and the remnants of what looks like a saddle on its back suggest that it did not survive the bombardment unscathed. Starchief reacts first, swiveling and opening fire with a laser burst catching the creature square in the chest. Solaris is a fraction of a second behind him, reaching out with her gravity control power and effectively locking the snake in place. While it struggles against its entrapment, Juan walks up with clubs unsheathed and calmly breaks both of its necks in a smooth double-blow. The serpent falls to the ground, dead. There are no other signs of life in the vicinity of the hangar.

You can linger in the hangar, but even defunct the equipment in the vicinity gives off a demonic aura (with just a whisper of the same, anguished screaming you sensed in orbit) that the psychics at least are not inclined to stick around any more than necessary. A pair of massive double doors, one of them partially knocked down, illustrates the way into the castle’s lower levels.

The hangar itself does not look to have been anywhere near its full capacity- given that Cormal is a focal point for the demonic invasion, this seems less likely than many of its ships simply having been deployed to deal with the space attack. Still, there is no shortage of debris, corpses (mostly demonic minions from the look of them), and ruined demon equipment to pick through. You make your way to the hangar entrance- inside is tunnel bored into the surface of Cormal itself. Anyone with the spelunking skill or similar aptitude can detect a very slight downward gradient as you enter the tunnel- wherever you head inside, you will also be heading deeper beneath the planet’s surface.

As if that thought wasn’t disquieting enough, as you leave the hangar you realize that the interior is pitch-black. Maybe the lights were knocked out when you destroyed the generator, or by the orbital bombardment; maybe the demons’ natural nightvision means that they dispense with such amenities. Either way, it sure doesn’t make the place any more inviting for the likes of you. The tunnel from the hangar proceeds in a straight line- clearly artificial in nature. It would be like any other station or base you’ve been to, save for the fact that the walls are lined with bone rather than metal or polymer.

After 50 feet or so, the passage opens into a small cavern. In it are three large, glowing-white pools. Unlike the three tepid morasses that disgorged horrors at the site of your previous battle, these three appear quiescent. You further count a good half-dozen piles of ash in the room- quite possibly what passes for demon corpses. Anyone using psionic powers to examine the pools (or any psychic who actually touches the strange liquid) will discover that they function similarly to computers- these are essentially crude biological terminals for communications. It’s likely that this room served as the hangar’s control center.

Four passages lead off from this room- two to the northwest, two to the southeast. Each one is approximately demon-sized, meaning the larger members of your party will have to walk single file through them. Technological sensors cannot get any consistent energy readings, and most forms of passive magic and psionic detection are thrown off by the faint demonic miasma permeating everything.

What are you doing?

Combat Summary
Starchief: -4 shots
All PPE/ISP expended as intended
Attachments
Map 1.1.png
Map 1.1.png (17.96 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:25 am

Perception: 1d100 = 87 /34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 68.
OOC Comments
PPE: 97/137
ISP: 24/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 10 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


After the 'thing' dies, Sorrenson notes that someone mentions scavenging the destroyed fighters in the hanger. Um, no thanks... That stuff reeks of demon. "Nah, nothing worth taking the time to considering how tainted it is. Can't you feel it?"

When they get into the hanger Sorrenson notes the pool. It becomes clear that they are some sort of 'terminal' he gets a flashback of the Mechanoid Mothership and the terminal there that he linked to. for a moment his vision fills with alien code symbols that he can't make sense of. He shakes his head, a motion that the Drudge copies, to clear his head. He isn't all that keen to try to link to the pools psychically. He feels like his synapses have been fucked with enough recently. Although if no one else does he'll get close, pop open the drudge and do an 'Object read'. He's looking for a floor plan so he can figure out where Halthhag is likely to be. First he lets the other know what he intends to do. "Um, I can link to these maybe... If I freak out, or start frothing at the mouth, or my eyes bleed pull me of okay? Maybe I'll find a floor plan and we'll know which way to go." he steels himslef and tries the link. Right, in and out quick and quiet. Like a mouse... hur hur.

Impressions: 1d100 = 53 /68%
Images: 1d100 = 29 /60%
Present: 1d100 = 94 /50%
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:08 am

Per: 1d100 = 13/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 69
N-20B force field -25 M.D.C. Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 11/12 magazines

[*]Cosmic Armor. 145.00 min. 784/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

"Nice work but don't mess with the demon stuff, it'd probably possess you or something.", Lisa grumbles to Juan, advancing into the tunnel. When the group reaches what appears to be a control, center, she looks for cover.

"Hold the perimeter!", snaps Solaris as Sorrenson attempts to use the demon-computer thingy.
Disgusting, but I guess it's necessary., she thinks to herself. Then she catches sight of Starchief and does an apologetic shrug. Oops! Crap...shouldn't undermine the boss.

"Metri, are you getting anything?", Solaris asks the diminutive mystic. "How else can we find Halthhag? Something to lead us to him?"

Initiative 1d20+9 = 29
# of Actions: 7

Action 1: gravity field as many enemies as possible
Action 2-4: use force manipulation to drag an enemy into the field 1d20+3 = 22
Action 5-7: use force manipulation to drag an enemy into the field 1d20+3 = 15

Contingencies:

dodge/parry if necessary, roll with punch/fall/impact if hit with physical attack
Dodge rolls: 1d20+10 = 11,
1d20+10 = 12,
1d20+10 = 14,
1d20+10 = 26,
1d20+10 = 17,
1d20+10 = 30,
1d20+10 = 14

Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact:
1d20+10 = 14,
1d20+10 = 16,
1d20+10 = 30,
1d20+10 = 20,
1d20+10 = 19,
1d20+10 = 22,
1d20+10 = 23,

shoot gravity rifle as the opportunity avails itself in 10 round bursts (or fire cold blasts if that's not possible)
strike 1d20+4 = 17 damage 2d4*10 = 60
strike 1d20+4 = 8 damage 2d4*10 = 70
strike 1d20+4 = 8 damage 2d4*10 = 40
strike 1d20+4 = 21 damage 2d4*10 = 60
strike 1d20+4 = 7 damage 2d4*10 = 80
strike 1d20+4 = 11 damage 2d4*10 = 40
strike 1d20+4 = 19 damage 2d4*10 = 50
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:45 am

Perception (21%): 1d100 = 22
JiC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 33
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 7

Combat Status
APM: 5
Cosmic Armor: 715/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (143:00 min.)

Moves
Actions
1. Butcher snake with commando knife (Sking & Prepare Animal Hides; 60% + 10%): 1d100 = 56 (Success)
2. Turn on lights on EVA suit
Contingencies
1. Induce Sleep on Sorrenson; -4 I.S.P.
2. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 17/damage - 5d6 = 15 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 7/damage - 5d6 = 17 M.D.
3. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 23/damage - 5d6 = 13 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 10/damage - 5d6 = 12 M.D.
4. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 21/damage - 5d6 = 23 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 22/damage - 5d6 = 25 M.D.
5. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 8/damage - 5d6 = 20 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 25/damage - 5d6 = 16 M.D.
Parry rolls:
1)1d20+6 = 21; 2)1d20+6 = 14; 3)1d20+6 = 26; 4)1d20+6 = 15; 5)1d20+6 = 15

Starchief and Solaris quickly immobolize the two headed snake allowing Juan Echo to kill the creature with a single blow to each head. He looks back at his two teammates and nods. "Nice work. I can turn this snake meat into post-battle thanksgiving for when we leave this terrible planet."

Juan then takes his commando knife from his knapsack and carves into the back of the animal, near where its two necks meet (Action 1). The snake's skin is tough and has an almost oily feel, like a snake. Juan manages to extract a decent sized filet. The meat doesn't smell great, and looks like a diseased fish, like snake meat. This will not make a delicious thanksgiving, but taste is not the point of a post-battle thanksgiving. It's a ritual that binds the travelers to their path. After finishing his work, Juan looks around the hangar. A burnt and twisted hunk of metal from a fighter is at his feet. He kicks the metal in the direction of the party as if that was a question.

Urqos Solaris wrote:"Nice work but don't mess with the demon stuff, it'd probably possess you or something."

Furry Urqos wrote:"Nah, nothing worth taking the time to considering how tainted it is. Can't you feel it?"

Juan shrugs. "Not really. My people aren't very scrupulous when it comes to attaining even greater power. Some of the more shameless Gods on the planet Mama have made deals with dangerous powers in pursuit of immortality. And after seeing the enemy, we may want to use this kind of power against its source." He kicks the wreckage from one craft. "But if you say it is not worth it, we should move. I can take point."

The Wanderer takes the lead heading deeper into the planet. He senses that they are walking at a slight but steady decline. It is like entering a cavern but the floor is very smooth and has an even decline; this is by design. Which is more unnerving: that you are slowly descending into the heart of a planet that acts like a living creature, or the idea that the planet wants you to go further into its bowels?

Depending on how dark it is and the need for stealth, Juan may turn on the lights built into his EVA suit (Action 2). They are turquoise and add a certain charm/kitsch to the black and gold color scheme.

When they enter the cavern chamber Juan gives the pools a wide bearth. He has absolutely zero love for any liquid on this planet. He doesn't like Sorrenson's plan of interfacing with the pools, but he won't voice an objection. In the likely event that something goes horribly wrong Juan will grab the ratanoid and try to calm him down by inducing sleep (Contingency 1).

After they have decided on a direction to move, Juan will hang in the back. Because of his large size he might make it hard for others to detect what's ahead. If anyone wants the large divinity at the front of the line, Juan is always happy to clear a path.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 45

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 220/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 160/160 MDC (not activated)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 192/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 4/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 144:15/160 min.
  • 727/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


As his laser cools, Starchief takes the time to look at the fallen minion in front of him. Double headed giant snake. Left over from the bombardment I'm sure. Those were some powerful blows from Juan Echo just now.
Juan Echo wrote:He looks back at his two teammates and nods. "Nice work. I can turn this snake meat into post-battle thanksgiving for when we leave this terrible planet."
He addresses the god directly. "Good work Juan Echo. Solaris, same to you. Let's move out." A little odd, but not lacking in power.

Upon finding the tunnel, Starchief follows behind Juan Echo through the pitch black bone tunnel. He presses the wrist button on his armor to activate the right wrist forearm flashlight. "Eyes open, folks. No telling what's at the end of this tunnel." In the cavern, Starchief looks with some confusion at the glowing-white pools. He has the rest of the crew hold back for a good 10 seconds, waiting for something to pop out of them before waving them into the cavern. "These aren't like the other ones. We'd have been attacked for being this close by now. Metri, can you give me a reading on these?" When/If Sorrenson agrees to do the reading, Starchief says "You're safe with us. We'll pull you out if you need it." Starchief waits and watches as Sorrenson interfaces with the pools. Turning to Icky while this happens, he says "Give me a 40 foot deep scout of each of these tunnel paths while we're waiting. Take backup with you and call out if you find something."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 60
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+3 = 11

Lore: Demon & Monsters 63%=1d100 = 13

Conditions: Night Vision


With the light from the various flashlight partially lighting the room, Prothor settles on using his passive night vision. Though if the lights go out he's ready to switch over to thermal.

The descent down the tunnel to the room with the pools is a bit creepy. When they make it to the next cavern, Prothor breaks off and moves to cover the tunnels to the northeast.

When Star Chief orders scouts ahead, Prothor remains in place, as his clunky metal body make too much noise to be very sneaky. Instead he sets up a perimeter around the pool Sorrenson is going to connect with and then he waits.

As usual, if any demons come into sight, Prothor will target the closest and work his way back.

1. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 8 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30
2. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 5 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20
3. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 23 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30
4. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 13 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 Dmg: 1d4*10
5. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 13 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 Dmg: 1d4*10
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Baron » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:29 am

Chico Barone
Perception: 51% (+5%/combat, +15%/time)/ 1d100 = 69
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 53
Conditions
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand: Multi-Rifle
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field: 66/75

Power Armor: NE Sun Chariot
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.


During the brief reprieve Baron finds time drink a can of Cool Bananas and smoke a comically large joint. He's happy to share either with anyone who seems keen.

Chief wrote:Turning to Icky while this happens, he says "Give me a 40 foot deep scout of each of these tunnel paths while we're waiting. Take backup with you and call out if you find something."


"I got it 'Chief." Baron responds to Starchief and then nods to Icky as he jogs to catch up, "I'm with you Chef."

Baron scans the area with the sensors at his disposal as he accompanies Icky down the hall.

"Say Chef, I know I asked you before, but I've been thinking about food, and the last time we had a real meal... What we're those things we were eating when this whole thing popped off again?"

Baron forgets that's he's wearing a PA and goes to scratch his scalp; he is repelled by the armor's helmet but pays no mind and scratches the helmet instead.

"Sauteed Parakeet Tubers? Anyway, I could sure go for a plate of those babies."

COMBAT_____________________________________________________________
APM: 11
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 26


1.: Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 21 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 140
2.: Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 16 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 130
3.: Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 26 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 140
4.: Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 9 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 210
5.: Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 13 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 180
6.:Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 11 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 170
7.::[/b]Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 23 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 130
8.::[/b]Kill demonscum! 1d20+6 = 16 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 140
9-11: Moving to Ship or Reserved Actions
Reserved Actions:

Priority 1: Dodge: 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+13 = 17, 1d20+13 = 31,
Priority 2: Roll w/ Impact: 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 18,
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:42 am

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 38% (+15% regarding magic, machines, or their combination, +10% in the dark)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 49
Stats
: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/115 • • ISP: 98/47
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105

Conditions: • • See the Invisible • • Anti-Gravity Flight (Fleets p.120) Duration: 49 minutes • •Superhuman Speed 4 minutes • • Armor of Ithan Lv3 (10 P.P.E. ⅔ minutes) BoM p.96 • • Mind Block (4 I.S.P.)
Psionic Seeking
Psionic Seeking
Range: 1 mile (1.6 km) per level of experience.
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
I.S.P.: 6
With this power the character will be able to sense and possibly find any object or person he desires. The psychic needs to have some knowledge of the person or item he is Crying to find. This knowledge can include meeting the person or touching the item in the past, having a picture of the person or item, having an item that belongs to the person he is searching for, or having the owner of the item present. The base chance of finding someone or something is 40% +5% per level of experience. If the character is looking for an item of his own, or a close friend or relative, he gains a +20% to this roll. Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.


Psionic Seeking 76% / 1d100 = 86 FAIL!
Lore: Magic / 1d100 = 92 FAIL!
    General Knowledge: 66%
    Recog. Magic Circles, Runes, etc: 56%
    Recognize Enchantment 47%
Mythology 61% / 1d100 = 48 PASS!
Galactic History 61/56% / 1d100 = 32 PASS!

"Be careful Brother Sorrenson.

Tis stands nearby her fellow practitioner in case he needs her support in anyway. While she observes, Tis wracks her brain for any helpful information her education or abilities might instill in her. At the very least she should be able to tell if the General is within a 5 mile radius or not.
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 89
Initiative: 1d20+3 = 23
APM: 8

Conditions:
- Ammo: 268 short bursts or 134 heavy bursts remaining
- Armor: 120/120 MDC
- Force Field: 104/110 MDC
- Flying via Enhanced Nuclear Grav-Pack: 200mph maximum


Icky’s normally gregarious exterior seems a distant memory as he struggles to shake off the effects of the illusion he suffered while on the planet’s surface. The flash of the possible future, his being trapped/possessed by his own armor, and his own past as a slave of the Splugorth are memories he prefers to keep locked away in a mental closet so he can focus on the here and now… so any time someone/something manages to break down the door to that mental closet and let those memories run loose, well, it takes quite a bit of doing to shove them back in again. He kills the force field as he gets into the ship and remains in silence.

Juan Echo wrote:
Starchief wrote:"Icky, can you get this tall glass of water something to snack on? Juan Echo, meet our chef Icky. He's the guy you want to talk to about food."


"I assure you, I am no drink of water.** I am a proud God of the mountain planet Yaya... er, that might be some local figure of speech." Juan reaches out his large hand to Starchief. "I assume you are the captain of this ship. It was honorable to slay centitaurs and... whatever those... It was good to fight alongside you. I hope to do it again some time."

Juan turns to the minotaur and sizes him up carefully. "You look more useful in a warzone than a kitchen, but cooking is a battle too. I wish I had brought you a shank of bug to grill. Cooking a meal together is more sacred than simply offering food."


Icky pulls out a ration bar and tosses it to Juan. “Da name’s Icky. Former Warlock Marine, current freelance combat chef. How ya doin’. Dis ain’t no four-courser, but it’ll fill yer belly until we can get ya some proper grub.”

He grimaces as he hears the reports of what happened to Thought. Guy seemed a total doofus, but he seemed to have his heart in the right place. Here’s hoping he has better luck in whatever next world he finds himself. He hadn’t been around him enough to form much of a relationship, but what little time he had spent the ‘other minotaur’ seemed to be growing on him. Like a fungus, he thinks with a soft snort. Plus the others seemed pretty fond of him, and deep down that’s good enough with Icky.

He continues to watch in relative silence as the invasion begins and the group inserts into the hangar. He scowls as the two-headed snake attacks and is dispatched before he can react. Snap out of it, you gorram idiot, he curses to himself. You’re not a slave anymore, and you won’t ever be one again. Now get your act together. Your team needs you. He shakes his head vigorously and clicks his force field back on as he glides along using his grav-pack.

The darkness in the corridors doesn’t really bother Icky as his nightvision gives him a limited field of view that, at least for 100 feet out, is as bright as day. Well, kinda anyway.

Starchief wrote:Turning to Icky while this happens, he says "Give me a 40 foot deep scout of each of these tunnel paths while we're waiting. Take backup with you and call out if you find something."


Icky nods. “Roger dat, Meatball.” He turns and starts pacing off before Baron calls after him.

Baron wrote:"I got it 'Chief." Baron responds to Starchief and then nods to Icky as he jogs to catch up, "I'm with you Chef."

Baron scans the area with the sensors at his disposal as he accompanies Icky down the hall.

"Say Chef, I know I asked you before, but I've been thinking about food, and the last time we had a real meal... What we're those things we were eating when this whole thing popped off again?"

Baron forgets that's he's wearing a PA and goes to scratch his scalp; he is repelled by the armor's helmet but pays no mind and scratches the helmet instead.

"Sauteed Parakeet Tubers? Anyway, I could sure go for a plate of those babies."


For the first time in what seems like a long while, Icky laughs. “Boiled Paratee tube-grubs, Chuckles. Best I ever noshed, not dat I’ve ‘ad ‘em dat often. As ya can imagine dey ain’t exactly common fare.” His grin lingers. “We get outta ‘ere I’m goin’ straight back ta Thraxus’ place an’ wrangle da recipe outta da chef.”

He goes down each hallway with Baron 40’ as ordered, scanning the corridors and reporting back anything they find. Should they encounter hostiles along the way, he introduces them to his rail gun.

Actions:
  1. Shoot anything that looks like it belongs here with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 7 | Damage: 1d6*10 = 20 MD
  2. Shoot anything that looks like it belongs here with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 5 | Damage: 1d6*10 = 10 MD
  3. Shoot anything that looks like it belongs here with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 15 | Damage: 1d6*10 = 60 MD
  4. Shoot anything that looks like it belongs here with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 18 | Damage: 1d6*10 = 40 MD
  5. Shoot anything that looks like it belongs here with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 10 | Damage: 1d6*10 = 50 MD
  6. Shoot anything that looks like it belongs here with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 10 | Damage: 1d6*10 = 30 MD
  7. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+15 = 35
  8. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+15 = 16

Auto-Parries if needed: 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 34, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 34, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 17
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:11 am

In a grisly display Juan opens up part of the demon-snake’s corpse and harvests some meat- any sideways glances at this are ignored. Apparently, it’s part of his religion. The discussion about salvage is met with a hard no from the Rogues’ techno-wizard, and Juan gets back to his butchery. The process doesn’t take very long, courtesy of Juan’s immense strength, after which he takes point and you head inside. The pitch blackness doesn’t phase most of you, with technological or natural nightvision but Starchief, Bryke, and Metri quickly realize they will need flashlights. Those of you so equipped turn them on, and you proceed.

Inside the chamber you stop at the “computers” and, with distaste evident in his voice, Sorrenson offers to psionically connect to one of them. Starchief agrees to the plan and orders Icky to take some backup and scout each of the exits from the room, while Solaris sets up a perimeter around the computer stations. While Starchief looks on Tis steps up to assist Sorrenson if needed and Juan stands by ready to try and calm Sorrenson down if something goes wrong. Baron volunteers to join Icky, and the two head out to do some scouting.

Anyone entering the northwestern passage will begin to hear the sounds of battle (red). The passage quickly opens up into a medium-sized room- both of you spot a Promethean with its heart ripped out against the western wall, and a severely wounded draconid (purple) lying against the eastern. Icky can’t see far enough into the room to get more than vague shapes, but you can see the shots from energy weapons from quite a ways off. Baron is able to identify three demons fighting four humanoids- the humanoids are armed with rifles and heavy weapons but they don’t appear to be doing so hot. Baron can also confirm that the room is a dead end, and appears to be an armory- he can spot several demonic weapons in racks along the far wall.

Scouting the southwestern passage yields little of interest- it appears to descend farther into the castle and beneath Cormal’s surface. After rounding a bend, the southeastern passages diverge into a small, empty cave and a larger cavern. There, the partially-eaten bodies of at least a dozen humanoids lie on the ground (yellow), some of them still chained to the wall with giant iron manacles. As you watch in horror, you realize that you detect movement, and a soft moaning- at least one person is still alive in that pile!

Meanwhile, Sorrenson completes his preparations. Solaris and Prothor organize the rest of the team in a rough perimeter (purple), and with Starchief looking on the techno-wizard gets to work ((-10 ISP Sorrenson)). Barely a moment passes before Sorrenson utters a loud, blood-curdling shriek- that is abruptly choked off as Juan psionically puts the Ratanoid to sleep ((-4 ISP Juan)). You let Sorrenson rest for a minute, then rouse him. No longer screaming, at least, Sorrenson remains badly shaken by the experience- not only did his mind connect to a demonic computer, but he think it made contact with Cormal itself! At least, he can’t think of anything else in the vicinity that could possibly be so vast- and yet, you could’ve sworn it was asleep somehow. You shudder to think about what that psychic presence would be like if the damn thing were awake…

Unfortunately, Sorrenson doesn’t have much to report for his ordeal. Before he was overwhelmed by Cormal’s mental presence he was able to access what passes for the demons’ computer system. The terminals aren’t networked (or if they are it's a completely alien design), so using the hangar terminal would not grant access to more central systems. Mostly, the terminal’s functions were limited to communication and hangar access- and almost all of them offline either due to the orbital bombardment or your own act of sabotage. You were able to eavesdrop on some internal demon communications, briefly- but they were in some kind of demon language you don’t understand.

What are you doing?
Skill check
Anyone posting a successful demongogian language skill roll can ask Sorrenson to repeat the message. When he does (in between shudders), it will translate to part of a call for reinforcements- all forces are to go to the soul chamber and prepare for a counter attack against the invaders. General Halthhag’s name is mentioned, then the transmission ends abruptly.
Sorrenson
You are shaken by the experience and are -4 to save vs. HF for the next 2d6 = 3 hours.
Attachments
Map 1.2.png
Map 1.2.png (30.96 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 28
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4

OOC: This is a redo post. Does not make ANY sense that Bryke would swipe at an EBA to try and put out one light, nor do I recall reading about the others having flashlights and shit lol. It was my misunderstanding, as I somehow read that Juan Echo lit a torch? Also my post was happening simultaneously with the GM post, so changing Bryke's action(s). Bryke will not be "attacking" Juan Echos' head-gear, or anyone else's for that matter. :)

Current Conditions

PH-21:
• Range: 400 feet (122 m)
• Damage: 3d6 sdc to sdc creatures, 4d6 MD to mdc creatures and force fields

Force Field:
110mdc/96mdc


'It will take too long to scout ahead via astral travel, I should focus on something else, plus I could pass on trying that here and I have much more work to do if I am to return to the fight with her.'

Bryke turns his Force-Field back on, puts his PH-400 on the mag. holder on his back and grabs the PH-21 left-handed, right hand to brace (not that Bryke needs it with his strength, but good form is true professionalism) and gets ready to head out.

Being 13' plus, tall and built like a super linebacker does have a few advantages, but not here; spelunking has never been on the prometheans' bucket list. Bryke will also go last into any tunnel looking it over cautiously.

'Dont like tight spaces'

'Hopefully we can meet up with Holt soon, he is the scout of choice in these situations…'

ACTION 1: STRIKE 1d20+6 = 16 DAMAGE: 4d6 = 19 | 6d6 = 22 to anything that deserves it!
ACTION 2: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 9 DAMAGE: 3d6 = 7 | 4d6 = 17 to anything that deserves it!
ACTION 3: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 2 DAMAGE: 3d6 = 5 | 4d6 = 13 to anything that deserves it!
ACTION 4: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 21 DAMAGE: 3d6 = 7 | 4d6 = 15 to anything that deserves it!
ACTION 5: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 14 DAMAGE: 3d6 = 6 | 4d6 = 16 to anything that deserves it!
ACTION 6: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 9 DAMAGE: 3d6 = 9 | 4d6 = 13 to anything that deserves it!

PARRY: 1d20+6 = 18, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 24, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 23
DODGE: 1d20+6 = 9, 1d20+6 = 20, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 14
Last edited by Bryke on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/116
ISP: 125/37
SDC:634/534 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:34 am

Per: 1d100 = 52/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 66
N-20B force field -25 M.D.C. Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 11/12 clips

[*]Cosmic Armor. 144.00 min. 784/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Sorrenson's little outburst makes Solaris tense up subtly. So much for being stealthy.
"Hey, is he okay?"

Once the Ratanoid is conscious again, she asks, "So, what'd you see?"

Impatient to get to shoot something, Solaris radios the scout team. "Report."
If they mention people in need of help, she suggests to 'Chief "Maybe we should render assistance."

This is typical. Find target, kill target. Only this target may as well be a living tank.

"Master Metri, Tis, do you think that using those controls without linking to them would be safe?", Solaris asks Metri and Tis for input. I might even be able to try hacking them. If they think it's safe to do so, Lisa will attempt to use, then hack the "computer". ((Computer Operation 1d100 = 2/78% pass, Computer Hacking 1d100 = 75/48%, fail))
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:35 am

Perception (21%): 1d100 = 49
JiC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 69
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 3

Combat Status
APM: 5
Cosmic Armor: 715/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (142:00 min.)
Energy Aura: 60/60 M.D.C. (Second use in 24 hour period)

Moves
Actions
1. Dodge Bryke - 1d20+6 = 17 SUCCESS!
2. Body block Bryke - 1d20+3 = 18
3. Energy Aura
4. Induce sleep (Same move as previous post, I'm just including it for narrative clarity)
5. Induce Sleep on Solaris; -4 I.S.P.
Contingencies
1. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 6/damage - 5d6 = 13 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 20/damage - 5d6 = 12 M.D.
2. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 17/damage - 5d6 = 10 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 8/damage - 5d6 = 24 M.D.
3. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 13/damage - 5d6 = 16 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 19/damage - 5d6 = 19 M.D.
4. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 15/damage - 5d6 = 24 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 21/damage - 5d6 = 11 M.D.
5. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 9/damage - 5d6 = 18 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 16/damage - 5d6 = 12 M.D.
Parry rolls:
1)1d20+6 = 19; 2)1d20+6 = 23; 3)1d20+6 = 25; 4)1d20+6 = 7; 5)1d20+6 = 12
Crazy Urqos wrote: ACTION 1: STRIKE 1d20+6 = 16 to the torch Juan Echo is holding*, but not trying to break it.

Juan bristles at Bryke's attempts to dim his light and moves to the side to dodge his hands pushing up against the light panels on his EVA suit (Action 1). Juan then uses his Magical Clubs to deflect and then pin the unsettled Promethean against the cavern wall (Action 2). The Cosmic Armor that envelops Juan seems to grow thicker and takes on a dark red hue. Two glowing white eyes and a scowl form on the head of the armor (Action 3).

"Urqos, it is not your right to lay hands on a God like that," Juan says in a low growl. He loosens his hold on Bryke. "However, I will overlook this affront as we have to deal with a greater threat on this planet. Let us focus on the enemy in front of us. And why you hating on my sweet-ass lights? The salesman called them 'mega dope'!"**

The moment that Juan saw the shallow pools serving as computers he knew they were trouble. He never trusts any large container of water, and the last one he encountered on this planet managed to shake his divine core. It doesn't surprise him when Sorrenson sucumbs to the pool's terror, and he grabs the ratanoid techno-wizard and puts him to sleep (Action 4).

Urqos Solaris wrote:"Hey, is he okay?"

Juan turns to Solaris and replies, "This one is diminished for his brave attempt. Though I suspect his effort was futile. We should let him rest a moment, and hope Urqos Icky and Baron can provide us more intel."

Juan will wait near Sorrenson while the techno-wizard shakes off the effects of his experience. If any enemies enter the chamber, Juan's primary objective will be to protect Sorrenson, and attack anything that approaches them (Contingencies 1-5). If Solaris attempts to 'hack' the pool herself, Juan will put his hand on her shoulder, half as a warning not to, half to prepare to use Induce Sleep on her if she also suffers psychic feedback from the attempt (Action 5).

*Juan has lights on the helmet, shoulders and belt of his NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor, so Bryke's strike is more like a series of awkward slaps to cover lights on his helmet and chest plate.
**The Naruni Enterprises representative actually thought that the lights and color scheme of the EVA suit were extremely tacky. The sales rep just called the suit 'mega dope' so that Juan Echo would not haggle over the price, which he did not.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 = 82
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 31
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+3 = 4

Lore: Demon & Monsters 63%=1d100 = 38

Conditions: Night Vision

Keeping the shoulder cannon at the ready, Prothor continues to cover Sorrenson and those assisting him. When Sorrenson cries out, Prothor does not even turn to see what's going on with the Ratnoid. The other will help him, but they can't do that if we are attacked. Flatly, he says, "Perimeter guard, keep you eyes on your task. Others will attend to Sorrenson.

Prothor shifts position slightly so that he can see the other guards and make sure they are keeping to their task, even over their concern for their teammate.

If informed of the fighting in the demon armory, Prothor will engage his radio and say, "We must assist. At the very least we cannot allow these demons to remain in a position to our rear. It could compromise our route back to the ships."

If any demons present themselves, Prothor will target the closest and work his way back.

1. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 22 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20
2. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 18 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10
3. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 9 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10
4. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 10 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 22 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20
5. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 1 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 9 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 37/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 97

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 220/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 160/160 MDC (not activated)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 192/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 4/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 142:15/160 min.
  • 727/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Guarding the perimeter, Starchief has his attention drawn to Sorrenson when the Rattanoid screams out during his communion with the computer pools. Seeing that Juan Echo has his safety under control, Starchief waits for Sorrenson to wake up and answer Solaris' question:
Solaris wrote:"So, what'd you see?"

If/when the scouting teams report in, Starchief will direct the Adventurers to the Southwestern passage and request the Rogues take the Northwestern. "Protect anyone still living and if you can, save the injured!"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Baron » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Chico Barone
Perception: 51% (+5%/combat, +15%/time)/ 1d100 = 99
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 25
Conditions
Stat Tracker:H.P.: 28/28; S.D.C.: 67/67
Weapon in hand: Multi-Rifle
Armor: NE-BA-226MDC: (bonuses applied)
M.D.C. by Location
• Helmet: 50
• Main Body: 90
• Arms: 40 each
• Legs: 50 each
• Built-In N-F20A Force Field: 66/75

Power Armor: NE Sun Chariot
Permanent Conditions:
  • The character can communicate with any computer system regardless of preventative measures. Link can be by touch or remote connection.
  • Impervious to Fear
  • Character is ambidextrous and can literally divide his mind into two semi-autonomous parts to accomplish two separate tasks, without penalty and with all his natural bonuses.
  • Implants: Amplified Hearing, Sound Filtration, Night-Vision, Polarized Lenses, Long Range Receiver/Transmitter Headjack
Temporary Conditions: Stoned, Pumped on Adrenaline.



Baron reports what they find down each of the tunnels.

He immediately moves to assist the humanoids while informing the others. Baron takes a knee and snipes the demons from where he stands with Icky.


COMBAT_____________________________________________________________
APM: 11
Initiative: 1d20+11 = 30


1-3.: Kill demonscum! 1d20+9 = 11 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 170
4-6: Kill demonscum! 1d20+9 = 25 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 160
7-9.: Kill demonscum! 1d20+9 = 24 Damage: (4d6*10)+20 = 210
9-11: Moving to Ship or Reserved Actions
Reserved Actions:

Priority 1: Dodge: 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 21, 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+13 = 28, 1d20+13 = 26,
Priority 2: Roll w/ Impact: 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 29,
Chico Barone is wearing: Baron's Borrowed NE Tech-Warrior and his accessory is: None!!?!?!

Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Viscount Armine Chico Von Caligula
Don't panic; know where your towel is. Any person who can travel the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a person to be reckoned with. And, above all, always remember that time is nothing but an illusion and mealtimes especially so. ~ From Practical Philosophies for the Galactic Rogue, by Armine Caligula. By way of Douglas Adams
The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear, by Captain A. Baron
Better to live or die, once and for all, than die by inches. Death is merely a dialogue between the Spirit and the Dust. Since we're all going to die, it's obvious that when and how don't matter, ~ From The Autobiographical Baron of Yesteryear by Captain A. Baron By way of Homer, Albert Camus, Emily Dickinson, Douglas Adams and Joseph Heller
User avatar
Baron
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:57 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Tis » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Tisephone Atroposa
Perception: 38% (+15% regarding magic, machines, or their combination, +10% in the dark)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 27
Stats
: • • MDC: 40/40 • • PPE: 140/115 • • ISP: 98/47
Armor M.D.C.: 150/108 • • PPE Battery: 180/105

Conditions: • • See the Invisible • • Anti-Gravity Flight (Fleets p.120) Duration: 49 minutes • •Superhuman Speed 4 minutes • • Armor of Ithan Lv3 (10 P.P.E. ⅔ minutes) BoM p.96 • • Mind Block (4 I.S.P.)



Tis heeds Baron's report and heads down the other hall to investigate the apparently surviving prisoner.

She proceeds slowly prepared for a demon strike at any turn.

1. Left:
    Slash with Kisentite Sword(and SN strength)
    Strike = 1d20+13 = 18 Damage 6d6+6 = 29
Right:
    Slash with Obsidian Sword
    Strike = 1d20+13 = 20 Damage to Demons: 8d6 = 27 Otherwise: 4d6 = 18

3. Left:
    Slash with Kisentite Sword(and SN strength)
    Strike = 1d20+13 = 16 Damage 6d6+6 = 27
Right:
    Slash with Obsidian Sword
    Strike = 1d20+13 = 28 Damage to Demons: 8d6 = 23 Otherwise: 4d6 = 20

4. Left:
    Slash with Kisentite Sword(and SN strength)
    Strike = 1d20+13 = 20 Damage 6d6+6 = 30
Right:
    Slash with Obsidian Sword Strike = 1d20+13 = 23 Damage to Demons: 8d6 = 29 Otherwise: 4d6 = 16

Dodge: = 1d20+13 = 33 1d20+13 = 30 1d20+13 = 32 1d20+13 = 31
User avatar
Tis
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 pm
Location: PW:A

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Consumer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:09 am

While Sorrenson’s unconscious form continues to twitch ever so slightly, likely from whatever mental trauma he has suffered, Bryke decides to activate his forcefield and reload his Heavy Phase Beamer. Solaris tries to see what’s going on with the various elements of the teams, hearing that Baron and Tis have found some people fighting a group of demons in what looks to be an armory. Juan Echo keeps an eye on Sorrenson, while Prothor and Starchief continue to watch for external threats.

Baron and Tis move to action, firing and stabbing at the small group of demons, Alu armed with rifles. This brings cheers of excitement from the beleaguered troopers trying to hold them off. It doesn’t take much for the duo to turn the tide and clear out the few demons that are there. Leaving the survivors to be tended to.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 10 1d100 = 42
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+3 = 21

Lore: Demon & Monsters 63%=1d100 = 85

Conditions: Night Vision


Prothor watches Tis run off to where the combat was reported. With his amplified hearing, Prothor picks up the cheers of the survivors from the other cavern. Nodding to himself he keys his comms and calls to Baron on the team channel, "Baron, from the noise, I assume you were successful. Now return to the group and bring the survivors with you. We needs to keep moving before our presence is detected."

As he continues to keep watch over Sorrenson, Prothor thinks, I must remember that I am in charge of the Rogues now. It is my responsibility to keep my team in line and focused on our objective. Though there are only four of us now that the mission has pulled the others away.

If any demons present themselves, Prothor will target the closest and work his way back.

1. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 14 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30
2. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 18 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10
3. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 9 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40
4. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 17 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 4 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30
5. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 4 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 9 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:50 am

Per: 1d100 = 79/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 35
N-20B force field -25 M.D.C. Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 11/12 clips

[*]Cosmic Armor. 143.00 min. 784/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Solaris moves up with the rest of the team, attempting to be as stealthy as possible ((Prowl 1d100 = 25/38%; includes penalties due to armor; pass)) Jeez, could you be any louder, girl?, she thinks to herself, her amplified hearing accentuating every little sound.

By the time she's reached the Southwestern passage, the action is already over and she mentally kicks herself for missing out. Damn! Could've racked up some kills. "Didn't leave any for the rest of us, eh, Tis?", she asks chidingly, smirking under her helmet.

Lisa does a look around with her infrared vision, looking for heat sources that might indicate survivors. If she finds any, she requests, "Someone with medical training help me out. I have a live one." and further offers, "I can give an area of low or zero gravity, if anyone is stuck beneath something...or if it will help move a victim."


In case of combat, her natural reaction will be predictable:
Initiative 1d20+9 = 20
# of Actions: 7

Action 1: gravity field as many enemies as possible
Action 2-4: use force manipulation to drag an enemy into the field 1d20+3 = 7
Action 5-7: use force manipulation to drag an enemy into the field 1d20+3 = 15

Contingencies:

dodge/parry if necessary, roll with punch/fall/impact if hit with physical attack
Dodge rolls: 1d20+10 = 18,
1d20+10 = 19,
1d20+10 = 11,
1d20+10 = 25,
1d20+10 = 30,
1d20+10 = 26,
1d20+10 = 20

Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact:
1d20+10 = 25,
1d20+10 = 24,
1d20+10 = 22,
1d20+10 = 27,
1d20+10 = 11,
1d20+10 = 11,
1d20+10 = 29,

shoot gravity rifle as the opportunity avails itself in 10 round bursts (or fire cold blasts if that's not possible)
strike 1d20+4 = 6 damage 2d4*10 = 40
strike 1d20+4 = 8 damage 2d4*10 = 60
strike 1d20+4 = 24 damage 2d4*10 = 60
strike 1d20+4 = 5 damage 2d4*10 = 30
strike 1d20+4 = 14 damage 2d4*10 = 40
strike 1d20+4 = 16 damage 2d4*10 = 30
strike 1d20+4 = 6 damage 2d4*10 = 40
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:41 am

Perception (21%): 1d100 = 71
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 87
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 9

Effects
Combat Status
APM: 5
Cosmic Armor: 715/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (141:00 min.)
Relevent abilities
Nightvision
Lore:Demons & Monsters (+65%)- 1d100 = 11 Success!
Moves
Actions
1. Switch to V81 Volcano
2. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 13/damage - 1d6*10 = 10 +5= 15 M.D.
3. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 11/damage - 1d6*10 = 40 +5= 45 M.D.
4. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 19/damage - 1d6*10 = 40 +5= 45 M.D.
5. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 14/damage - 1d6*10 = 60 +5= 65 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Pick up Sorrenson and lash him to Juan's back.
2. Put down Sorreson
3. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 13/damage - 5d6 = 15 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 22/damage - 5d6 = 20 M.D.
4. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 22/damage - 5d6 = 18 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 12/damage - 5d6 = 28 M.D.
5. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 6/damage - 5d6 = 21 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 18/damage - 5d6 = 20 M.D.
6. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 12/damage - 5d6 = 19 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 9/damage - 5d6 = 23 M.D.
7. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+5 = 9/damage - 5d6 = 20 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+5 = 13/damage - 5d6 = 14 M.D.
Parry rolls:
1)1d20+6 = 16; 2)1d20+6 = 24; 3)1d20+6 = 16; 4)1d20+6 = 21; 5)1d20+6 = 7
Juan hears the battle around him and his first instinct is to charge ahead clubs swinging. However, sometime around the age 1500 or around the eighth near death expereince, he started to exercise an iota of caution. The caverns ahead are narrow, and he would have difficulty fighting anything while moving through the passages. Alu demons do not scare him at all, they're basically Urqos with more teeth and smell worse than usual. In an open space he could wipe out an army with little effort. However, in a closed space their numbers could overwhelm him.

Metal thing* wrote:We needs to keep moving before our presence is detected.

Juan nods in agreement. They cannot hold this position indefinitely. When the others move out Juan will take the rear. He is too large to lead they party through the caverns. Before they move, Juan will switch weapons, putting his Magical Clubs in his EVA suit's leg compartment and sling his V81 Volcano over his shoulder (Action 1). Any approaching enemies will be hit by a concentrated plasma blast (Actions 2-5). Lesser demons burn real good

If Sorrenson is still unconscious, Juan will pick him up and tie him to his own back using his tether cable before they move out (Contingency 1). If Sorrenson snaps to before, then less of a load to carry. If at any point Sorrenson wakes up while being carried, Juan will put him down and say, "Be careful little Urqos. My mother always told me to never drink the water on a strange planet" (Contingency 2)

In the unfortunate case that demons attack the party in the cavern they are currently in then Juan will use his Magical Clubs to beat any demons into a paste (Contingencies 3-7).

* Juan Echo doesn't really understand what a robot is (the Yayamama Pantheon in general are not particularly good at differentiating between different species, and Juan is a bit denser than most), and Prothor's unique situation would be even harder for him to understand.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:46 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 88/48% (33(base)+15(enhanced perception)=48)
JIC: 1d20 = 16| 1d100 = 78%
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 15
APM: 7
-----------------------------------
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (35/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [off]. <4/4 uses/24 hr left> (70/70 MDC)
OP Field <17/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 96/159
ISP: 115/260
MDC: 57/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
PPE Battery 1. PPE: 105/180.
PPE Battery 2. PPE: 108/180.
PPE Battery 3. PPE: 105/180.
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Enhance Reflexes. 14.75 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Telepathy: Superior. 500 ft probe. 1000 ft comm. 14.75 min.
  • TK:Super. 46.50 min. 14 objects. 400 lbs.
  • Enhanced Perception. 46.50 min.
    • This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.).
    • Bonuses: +3 to Perception (+15% by house rule), +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).


Waves of nausea threaten to overwhelm Metri as he does his best to suppress the stink of supernatural evil and rotting death from recent battles that enshroud them. He finds it difficult to concentrate for a while and can do little but tag along with the group, deaf to their requests amidst his internal turmoil. Though asked to investigate the strange pools, he is unable to respond, essentially deferring the unholy task to Sorrenson, who braves it as well as any could expect. The best the Yhabbayar can do is meander to the nearest light source, place a hand on that person and follow them like a small child being led by a responsible adult.

Dark Lord wrote:Scouting the southwestern passage yields little of interest- it appears to descend farther into the castle and beneath Cormal’s surface. After rounding a bend, the southeastern passages diverge into a small, empty cave and a larger cavern. There, the partially-eaten bodies of at least a dozen humanoids lie on the ground (yellow), some of them still chained to the wall with giant iron manacles. As you watch in horror, you realize that you detect movement, and a soft moaning- at least one person is still alive in that pile!

Something about the moaning... the possibility of saving a single life among all this death... that snaps Metri out of his stupor. Suddenly animated and springing to action, the Yhabbayar tries to locate the living in the pile ((Sense Life. 300 ft)). "Arrived, help has." Metri speaks loudly into the pile. "Forgotten, you are not."

With his mind strengthened with telekinesis ((400 lbs max weight, up to 14 objects)), Metri begins to sort through the pile of bodies, removing the ones he can gingerly to reach those that might be buried beneath. If possible, he will enlist the aid of his compatriots with greater strength than he. "Tell us. How came you trapped here, hmm?" the Yhabbayar will ask the rescued person once able. Maybe they have insight as to where Halthhag might be. "Know you where the demon leader can be found, hmm?" Metri will ask, formality and pretense set aside in favor of expediency.

Forgotten replies wrote:
Solaris wrote:"Metri, are you getting anything?", Solaris asks the diminutive mystic. "How else can we find Halthhag? Something to lead us to him?"


Starchief wrote:"These aren't like the other ones. We'd have been attacked for being this close by now. Metri, can you give me a reading on these?"


Solaris wrote:"Master Metri, Tis, do you think that using those controls without linking to them would be safe?", Solaris asks Metri and Tis for input.

Like a rush of sudden reflection, Metri realizes he was addressed a few times while in his daze and tries his best to respond. "Uncertain, I am how Halthhag can be found. If have something that belongs to him, then a psychic seeking can be forged." Initially sounding defeated, Metri then has a sudden flash of insight. "Is recorded our encounter with Halthhag, hmm? Saved in the video log of power armor? If an image of him we have, a remote viewing I can attempt. A clue to his whereabouts the vision could provide, yesss." If any of the team has such and volunteers the image, Metri will attempt a Remote Viewing.

"Very sorry I am Starchief. Overwhelmed by the evil and death, I was. Unable to read the pools. Of great assistance Sorrenson was. With much gratitude, I have."

"If linking to controls you wish," Metri responds to Solaris, "Fortify your mind with magical invulnerability, I must." If/when Solaris insists, Metri will grant her invulnerability.

Solaris wrote:Lisa does a look around with her infrared vision, looking for heat sources that might indicate survivors. If she finds any, she requests, "Someone with medical training help me out. I have a live one." and further offers, "I can give an area of low or zero gravity, if anyone is stuck beneath something...or if it will help move a victim."


"Assist you, I can." Metri volunteers.

Action 1-6: Talk and assist Solaris with medical training ((Paramedic. 90% | 1d100 = 54))
Action 7: Reserved for contingencies: Armor of Ithan (AoI) to protect teammates (or himself if current AoI is lost) in need.

Code for Spells/Psionics used
Code: Select all
[*]Invulnerability. 16 melee rounds. [color=green]50[/color]/50 MDC. +20 save vs magic, psionics and Horror Factor.

Code: Select all
[*]Armor of Ithan. 16.00 min. [color=green]160[/color]/160 MDC. Magic fire, cold, lightning do half damage.

[code][*]Remote Viewing. See what the person is doing for 2d6+6 seconds. Victim can attempt to save vs ps
ionics if they are psychic and spend 1 ISP

Expenditure Tally this round
  • PPE: -13 (invulnerability) + 5 per AoI contingency
  • ISP: -5 (remote viewing) = -5
  • Stormstrike rounds: -0
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 72/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 21

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 220/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 160/160 MDC (not activated)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 192/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 4/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 142:00/160 min.
  • 727/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


When Sorrenson comes to and mentions an internal demon communication, Starchief says "Can you remember what they said? Can you repeat it?" He rubs his right index finger where his Ring of Tongues is located beneath the gauntlet of his armor and says "I might be able to use my decoder ring to translate the message." If successful, he will raise his faceplate and translate out loud to everyone. "Reinforcements. All troops to the Soul Chamber. Counter attack against the invaders. General Halthhag." Taking in what just came out of his mouth, he exclaims "We need to find the Soul Chamber! Sorrenson, did you pick up any information about where this Soul Chamber might be?"

With the demons in the Northwest vanquished and the Southeast cleared, there seemed to be two quick side objectives that might aid them in their quest.
  • Save and heal the survivors in the Southeast Passage
  • Raid the Demon Armory in the Northwest
Juan carrying Sorrenson allows Starchief to take the lead in the group. "I'm heading Northwest. Radio if there's trouble." And with that, Starchief heads up to where the heartless Promethian and wounded draconoid are to take a closer look and assess their injuries (First Aid: 1d100 = 32/70%).
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 61 /34 +15 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 33
4 to save vs. HF for the next 3 hours.
OOC Comments
PPE: 97/137
ISP: 24/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 10 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Sorrenson becomes aware of gunfire. In the distance perhaps, no much closer than that. Guns...? Wha...? Oh shit! Am I getting shot at!? He awakes with a start! He opens his eyes and is face to face with some odd looking red dude. "Ahhh!"
Juan Echo wrote:"Be careful little Urqos. My mother always told me to never drink the water on a strange planet"

Sorrenson shakes his head side to side, try to clear his head. He blinks and focuses on the red face. Oh yeah! The god guy. Hang on, is he trying to carry me? I'm still half in my funking suit! Sorrenson practically shouts in the red god's face. "Oi! Stop trying to carry me you buffoon! If you keep dragging me out of this suit you'll rip my piss tube off my knob! So stop it!" When Jaun stops Sorrenson closes up his PA. As he suits up he realizes he's just call a god a buffoon. He sighs mentally. Nice work Ratty, not everyday you call a god an idiot. He was just trying to help... His suit gives Juan a thumbs up "Thanks for looking out for me while I was out. Wait a minute, what do you mean about drinking the water?" Then he sees the pools again and it all comes flooding back into his mind. He swallows hard and manages not to scream or throw up. He manages to spit out a few words as the Drudge's arm points at the pools. "Comms, it's a kind of comms system."
Starchief wrote: "Can you remember what they said? Can you repeat it?"

Sorrenson turns a looks at a Starchief and lets out a little giggle. It sounds rather odd coming from the loud speaker on his PA. Ha! I'd love to be able to forget it. He gets the sensation the words he heard have been burnt into him somehow. He repeats the message.
Starchief wrote: "We need to find the Soul Chamber! Sorrenson, did you pick up any information about where this Soul Chamber might be?"

"Um, I'm not sure. All I got was comms I think.." Even though he doesn't really want to, he closes his eyes and tries to recall his interface with the pools to get a sense of the location of the Soul Chamber.

Land Navigation 1d100 = 77/66% fail

He shakes his head. "I'm not sure which way it is, sorry. Maybe C&C might know? We should radio them this info at least."
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 15
Initiative: 1d20 = 1

'Once more into the breach my friends'

Bryke puts the largest phase-beamer on his back, muzzle down and grabs the smaller PH-21 from his left thigh.
Senses all on high alert, he moves quickly from position to position weapon at the ready. Bryke will fire on anything that needs it.

'Don't like being pigeon-holed'

ACTION 1: STRIKE: 1d20 = 10 DAMAGE: 4d6 = 12 On anything that needs it.
ACTION 2: STRIKE: 1d20 = 9 DAMAGE: 4d6 = 15 On anything that needs it.
ACTION 3: STRIKE: 1d20 = 20 DAMAGE: 4d6 = 13 On anything that needs it.
ACTION 4: STRIKE: 1d20 = 16 DAMAGE: 4d6 = 12 On anything that needs it.
ACTION 5: STRIKE: 1d20 = 7 DAMAGE: 4d6 = 14 On anything that needs it.
ACTION 6: STRIKE: 1d20 = 14 DAMAGE: 4d6 = 11 On anything that needs it.

PARRY: 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 13, 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 26
DODGE: 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 8, 1d20+6 = 21, 1d20+6 = 25
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/116
ISP: 125/37
SDC:634/534 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Consumer » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 am

Baron, Solaris, Metri & Tis
The trio of demons dispatched, leaves the duo enough time to investigate the survivors, if that could be said. they look to have originally numbered about a dozen, but now only four remain and one is clearly dying. A draconid, mage form the looks of his equipment seems to have suffered a rather ugly stab wound, and likely will bleed out in the next two minutes without help. The others are humans armed with a motley collection Heavy weapons and light exoskeletal body armor.

"Please help me get his wounds sealed... He has the map memorized and knows where the Soul Chamber is." One of the troopers says as he tries to frantically figure out how to keep his squad mate alive.

Solaris and Metri arrives about this time to overhear the trooper speak.

Main Group
A couple of conversations continue and start among the group, with one of the more important ones being that Sorrenson has woke up. Once everything seems to be relatively normal, the group follows the others to where the survivors are.

Group Assembled
With some quick thinking, Metri applies some of his not inconsequential medical skills on the draconid, stopping the bleeding and even going so far as to bring him to painful consciousness. "The Captain..!" the Draconid says with a startled gasp. "Who are you?" He questions, likely hoping you're allies versus someone who wants him to suffer further.

Vortigern
The plan was going so well, sneak further in and find out how Halthhag was controlling Cormal. All in all it was splendid until it turns out they knew where Vortigern and Holt were the whole time and dropped a massive ambush on them. In the fray Some magical effect went off and Vortigern and his minions found themselves in a darkened fleshy chamber alone for the moment. from the chamber there is one entryway.


GM Note: I'm going to rework the map and get it posted. At the moment, Vortigern has no clue where he is, and the group is currently in the red room on the old map (Demon Armory). ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Perception (21%): 1d100 = 22
JiC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 100
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 4

Effects
Combat Status
APM: 5
Cosmic Armor: 715/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (141:00 min.)
Relevent abilities
Nightvision

Moves
Actions
1. Take a piece of jerky from knapsack and offer it to Sorrenson
2. Increased healing on wounded draconid; 2d4 = 3 days (-10 I.S.P.)
3. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 25/damage - 1d6*10 = 60 +5= 65 M.D. PERFECT ROLL!
4. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 7/damage - 1d6*10 = 50 +5= 55 M.D.
5. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 9/damage - 1d6*10 = 60 +5= 65 M.D.
6. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 6/damage - 1d6*10 = 30 +5= 45 M.D.
7. Fire concentrated blast at approaching demons; strike - 1d20+5 = 18/damage - 1d6*10 = 40 +5= 35 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Fire wide blast at entrance of armory; strike - 1d20+1 = 21/damage - 4d6 = 16 M.D.
2. Fire wide blast at other entrnce of armory; strike - 1d20+1 = 20/damage - 4d6 = 20 M.D.
Parry rolls:
1)1d20+6 = 11; 2)1d20+6 = 17; 3)1d20+6 = 22; 4)1d20+6 = 22; 5)1d20+6 = 18

Furry Urqos wrote:"Thanks for looking out for me while I was out. Wait a minute, what do you mean about drinking the water?"

The Wandering God looks at the ratanoid with sympathy. The urqos' experience in the shallow pool was most likely equally as traumatic as his own in the pool that housed the horror. He takes out a small piece of jerky and hands it to Sorrenson (Action 1).

"Eat this little urqos, it will help." That statment is questionable. The smell of spiced and cured meat would be reassuring to a devoted carnivore, beyond that its effects vary. Juan does not what meat was used to produce the jerky. He traded for it two ships ago; and it has kept well for so far. "This a traveler's blessing. When we exchange food that means that we have each other's trust. Eat it and you will be under my protection."

Furry Urqos wrote:He manages to spit out a few words as the Drudge's arm points at the pools.

Juan Echo watches Drudge pantomime as Sorrenson talks and looks confused. "Urqos, is your twin in that suit of armor? You two share a link that even my sister and I would envy."

Consumer wrote:With some quick thinking, Metri applies some of his not inconsequential medical skills on the draconid, stopping the bleeding and even going so far as to bring him to painful consciousness. "The Captain..!" the Draconid says with a startled gasp. "Who are you?" He questions, likely hoping you're allies versus someone who wants him to suffer further.

Juan lets the others talk, and, when all is said and done, he lays his hands on the wounded soldier to aid in his recovery (Action 2)

Juan will then stake a position near the center of the armory and keep his eyes trained for any demonic threats. If any alu demons approach, he will open fire on them with a concentrated blast (Actions 3-7) If a horde of alu demons approaches from either entrance to the armory, Juan will fire a wide arc of plasma to slow them down (replace Actions 3 and 4 with Contingencies 1 and 2).

*1d20+5 = 7/damage - 1d6*10 = 30 - typo rolls
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Percep 33%: 1d100 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 48
Actions: 5
Init: 1d20+3 = 21

Lore: Demon & Monsters 63%=1d100 = 60

Conditions: Night Vision


Prothor moves along with the rest of the group as they enter the demon armory. I don't like this room. Its a dead end and littered with these corrupted weapons. After scanning the room, Prothor responds to the recovering Draconid, "We were sent to destroy General Halthhag. You have no need to fear us. We will see you through this horrid place and back to our ships above." He points to the Draconid's human companions. "If your man cannot move on his own, I suggest you fashion a stretcher to carry him." Looking back to the Draconid, Prothor says, "I am Kelad Prothor. We have been tasked with the protection of Center and the destruction of these demon forces. You are now our guide and your friends are now you body guards and porters if you are unable to move yourself."

Prothor looks around to the assembled group, "If I am incorrect in my statements, please speak up. Otherwise, we need to keep moving to avoid detection."

If any demons present themselves, Prothor will target the closest and work his way back.

1. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 20 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40 OR move
2. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 17 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 20 OR move
3. Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 17 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 10 OR move
4. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 15 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 21 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 30 OR move
5. if necessary Dodge: Legs +10 / Arms +11: 1d20 = 4 OTHERWISE Strike closest demon: 1d20+3 = 16 Dmg: 1d4*10 = 40 OR move
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 /34 +15 Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 2
4 to save vs. HF for the next 3 hours.
OOC Comments
PPE: 97/137
ISP: 14/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 3 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Juan Echo wrote:"Eat this little urqos, it will help. This a traveler's blessing. When we exchange food that means that we have each other's trust. Eat it and you will be under my protection."
Sorrenon loks at the jerky and just dry heaves. Ugh. Food? At a time like this. "Um, thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Not hungry at the moment." He replies as his stomach twists itself in knots.
Juan Echo wrote:"Urqos, is your twin in that suit of armor? You two share a link that even my sister and I would envy."
Sorrenson's suit's head turns suddenly and looks directly at Juan. It's tilted to the sight slightly, as if the PA itself is thinking 'What the funk did he just say?'. After a long pause Sorrenson replies. "Well, Big Urqos. Yes. Yes, this suit is my long lost twin. I'm impressed, not many people figure that out so quickly! What gave it away? His name is Boxcutter. Well, more of a nickname really. He really likes cutting and crushing boxes. It's a bit odd actually. Anyway, he was taken from us at 3 years old and his personality was downloaded into this armor by an insane AI. His memories wiped, all he could remember was my name. He escaped the AI and came looking for me. As fate would have it we found each other. I've been trying to figure out a way to recover his personality and put it in a body again. Lots of bugs to work out. Mainly, bodies usually come with a built in personality. So, if you see a fully functioning, non-demonic and personality-free body, let me know. In the meantime, we're just happy to be together again." With that the Drudge gives Juan a double thumbs up. "See! Boxy agrees!"

When they reach the wounded Draconiod Sorrenson has no medical abilities to offer, but he does think of something else. "If we get him stabilized, I might be able to carry him. That'll be quicker than a stretcher."

Combat rolls if needed
OOC Comments
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20 = 6

Action 1: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 13, Damage 2d4*10 = 80 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 9, Damage 2d4*10 = 80 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 7, Damage 2d4*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 10, Damage 2d4*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 4, Damage 2d4*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 14, Damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 7: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 15, Damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 8: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll 1d20+2 = 13, Damage 2d4*10 = 30 M.D.

Dodges if needed: 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 27, 1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 24
Parries if needed: 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 25
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/33
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC: 1d100 = 43

Vortigern looks around rapidly, getting his bearings over the span of a couple of seconds after the rapid transition from one moment to the next, and then resettles himself in the saddle. The tension of combat doesn't seem to leave his frame however as he shifts his attention towards the door. "Rally and form on the door. Status? Either of you wounded before we were transported here?" he asks as he uses his knees to guide Carbunckle towards the door, an action that he doesn't so much as think about with his many years in the saddle. "Here is hoping our comrade Holt is still among the living after that ambush." he says grimly. "His powers of translocation seem impressive enough that perhaps he escaped. For now though we shall have to concern ourselves with the present."

Once he and his minions are formed up by the door (unless they disclosed anything untoward as he speaks with them) he will give Carbunckle the nod to open the door.

And to think the Masters of old caution one against the Hubris of trying to outmatch the greater evils one on one. And here we are left without choice and forced into confronting the heart and soul of their host! Lord Thoth, Mighty Anhur, guide me through this nest of darkness and a worthy sacrifice will be yours!
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 180/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 410/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle
MDC: 300/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 56/160


Varya
MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:22 pm

{Rolls carry}

Furry Urqos wrote:"See! Boxy agrees!"

Juan Echo listens carefully to what Sorrenson says and nods knowingly. "I understand, he replies. He does not understand at all.*

He takes the piece of jerky and puts it in Drudge's hand. "Take this Urqos Boxy, for you and your brother to eat when you take off your armor.

"By the way, the title of Urqos is an honorific that we Gods of the Yayamama Pantheon bestow on mortals. It's what separates you and our companions from the demon scum,"
Juan Echo says with a gleeful kick at the corpse of a demon, "and our food. The Yayamama do not require worshipful titles, because we know how great we are. However, by calling you Urqos we want you know that we recognize your (lesser) greatness as well."

Juan looks at Prothor and then back at Drudge. He thinks that Prothor is also an Urqos.

*Jonny's First Robot
Many centuries ago the Hostess was reclining on a sofa in the penthouse atop the castle she shared with her brother. She enjoyed the calm the glass covered salon afforded her. The midday sun made everything in the room glow, and the only sound was the roar of the high altitude winds that ran over the peaks of the Chirpa Mountains.

She snapped her fingers for a drink. It had been a trying several months, and she could always use a drink on hand. Recently a Naruni Enterprises cargo ship had traded its wares on the planet Yaya. The Hostess had bought a number of devices for her people: new water filters and pumps for the Urqos communities; EBA suits for the space miners and soldiers; and a new comm array to connect to communities in other mountain ranges. The automatic tables had been for her. She could have other deities over and serve them without ever moving an inch. They were a novelty to be sure, but they also showed that she, and by extension her beloved brother, would provide every comfort and amenity to any guest that traveled to their home.

She snapped her finger again. No table.

"My love? Are you using the automatic table?" she called.

The automatic table ran up the stairs chased by the Wanderer, club in hand. Drinks and plates of food clattered around, spilling their contents as the table dashed ahead of the Wanderer. It circled around the Hostess' sofa quickly, and she barely managed to grab a half full mug of red root tea before it headed back for the stairs.

The Wanderer managed to head off the table of before it reached the stairs and swung at its front legs. They snapped away cleanly causing the table to stumble to the floor. A second strike to the its motion sensor, small spherical attachment on its ledge with a glowing red light, stopped it completely.

"Dearest sister, I killed another headless deer! Let us celebrate the hunt with a firelit dinner!" the Wanderer cried.

Brother, perhaps it is time for one of your adventures
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 53

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 220/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 160/160 MDC (not activated)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 192/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 4/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 141:45/160 min.
  • 727/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


Prothor's taking the lead with the Draconoid. Good. We need to figure out our next move. Once Prothor finishes speaking with the mage, Starchief adds in, "One of our psychics has overheard a transmission that the Soul Chamber is where they are gathering to strike back. We must make haste there and take them down, no matter the cost. I'm sure you understand the importance of this mission, soldier."

Once the mage has had time to fully regain consciousness, Starchief urges him to lead the way and follows behind closely.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:15 am

Per: 1d100 = 43/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 89
N-20B force field -25 M.D.C. Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 11/12 clips

  • Cosmic Armor. 144.00 min. 784/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

"Good work Metri. It's nice to be saving lives rather than taking them for once."
Solaris pats the shoulder of her small companion gently.
Let's find this 'Soul Chamber' and end it.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:32 pm

(Rolls Held)

Vortigern presses through the door astride Carbunckle, moving cautiously and surveying his new surroundings with care as long as there are no apparent threats. Quietly he pings his radio looking to see if it has a good radio-net connection to anyone else. "Stay wary. If possible we should remain undetected, taking out any lone encounters as quickly as possible to keep reinforcements from being called in against us." he orders, his tone dark as he tries get his bearings ...

If Master Xantar could see me now.... Yes. He would call me a fool for even being here.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 180/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 410/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle
MDC: 300/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 56/160


Varya
MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 7

Conditions:
- Ammo: 268 short bursts or 134 heavy bursts remaining
- Armor: 120/120 MDC
- Force Field: 104/110 MDC
- Flying via Enhanced Nuclear Grav-Pack: 200mph maximum

Icky keeps everyone's six covered while Sorrenson is tended to and any ministrations are made to the wounded trooper. He's had plenty of opportunities to carry squadmates when they were hurt, but first aid was never in his wheelhouse. My skills have always been more on the 'keeping the other guys' medics busy' side of things... he notes silently.

Whenever everyone appears to be ready to move out, he looks over at Starchief. "Ready when ya are, chief. Let's ventilate some bozos."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:17 am

<Rolls held>
Juan Echo wrote:"Take this Urqos Boxy, for you and your brother to eat when you take off your armor. By the way, the title of Urqos is an honorific that we Gods of the Yayamama Pantheon bestow on mortals. It's what separates you and our companions from the demon scum,and our food. The Yayamama do not require worshipful titles, because we know how great we are. However, by calling you Urqos we want you know that we recognize your (lesser) greatness as well."


Sorrenson takes the jerky. Clearly this guy really wants me to have this jerky... Who knows, maybe it's good? Sorrenson slides the jerky into a storage compartment. "Thanks." He then listens to Juan's explanation of Urqos. Ugh, 'we want you to know we recognize your 'lesser' greatness as well.' ... How very gracious of you. It's hard to take a guy seriously after he offers a clearly - not living PA some jerky for when it gets hungry. Even harder when he then comes out with statements about lesser greatness. What do I do? Do I keep taking this piss? Maybe he doesn't come from a place without real tech, like Sil. She had no idea what a gun was until we started shooting. Sorrenson looks over Juan's gear and notes that he has some kind of gun thing. Huh. Looks like he should know more about tech than Sil did. Maybe he's just actually a moron. He replies. "Right, I see" (He doesn't) "In that case, how do you know if someone is an Urqos, a demon or food?" He pauses. "Also, just of interest, how great are you guys? Like maybe an 6.5/10 on the greatness scale?"
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 51
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 8 / 1d100 = 99
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14

Like breathing to a human, is telepathy and empathy as natural to a promethean. Bryke speaks to the mind of the Draconid asking, what happened and where is our objective located. Empathy first to get a feel for the being, and a split second later Bryke speaks to its mind. The promethean does so without looking at the draconid, and actually does the same as Icky ‘watching the groups six’. Whatever information is found, Bryke will relay it first to Metri and then to Starchief, after that to all the others on Prothor/Holts side of things.

The promethean provides cover for the teams with Icky while the situation in the room is addressed.

ACTION 1-3or4: Empathy [4] and Telepathy [4] and speaking with the mind of the draconid.
ACTION 4 or 5,6: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 7 DAMAGE 4d6 = 18 if anything should 'pop-off'.
ACTION 4 or 5,6: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 12 DAMAGE 4d6 = 17 if anything should 'pop-off'.
ACTION 4 or 5,6: STRIKE 1d20+1 = 15 DAMAGE 4d6 = 15 if anything should 'pop-off'.

CONTINGENCIES
If anything jumps out or tries to ambush or anything moves that is not a part of the teams and the individuals present Bryke will shoot to kill.

PARRY: 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 14, 1d20+6 = 19, 1d20+6 = 10, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 11
DODGE: 1d20+6 = 15, 1d20+6 = 23, 1d20+6 = 12, 1d20+6 = 7, 1d20+6 = 17, 1d20+6 = 23
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/116
ISP: 125/37
SDC:634/534 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/147

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:59 pm

{Rolls carry}
Furry Urqos wrote:"In that case, how do you know if someone is an Urqos, a demon or food? Also, just of interest, how great are you guys? Like maybe an 6.5/10 on the greatness scale?"

The Wandering God thinks for a moment and then says, "Well, divinity is a nebulous concept. But simply put gods are among the many supernatural beings that exist in the megaverse. Which is to say, we are not Urqos. Because of our divine nature, we serve as the avatars for the essential aspects of the megaverse. I am the God of Travelers and Hospitality. As such I must embody all travelers in my behavior, and I provide my blessing on those that trek among the stars so they may reach their destination safely. The food I give you represents my blessing on you as a fellow traveler. There are many gods and pantheons throughout the Three Galaxies, including other Gods of Travelers I suppose, and we can recognize them as fellow divinities.

"The Yayamama are the greatest of the pantheons. We are so powerful that we have conquered two star systems in our history. We have ruled benevolently over the Yayamama star system for over 20,000 years. Before that we ruled our ancestral homeland before deciding to take the challenge of starting over from scratch. It has worked out pretty well so far, the planet Yaya prospers under our watch. Personally, I keep a respectable 7.5 on Rate-A-Deity*.

"There are other supernatural beings, dragons, demigods, ghosts, and of course demons."
Juan kicks the demon corpse again, because kicking demon corpses is fun, before continuing. "We can see them for what they are, not Urqos.

"This draconid, on the other hand"
he says pointing at the wounded solider that Metri is tending to, "is not divine. Although he may be related to dragons, and have supernatural abilities he is not a truly divine creature. So he is Urqos. There are some Urqos that have ascended to divinity through magic rituals. And there are others who surpass their mortality by virtue of their powers and deeds. I have always wanted to see an Urqos transcend to godhood. That would be totes awesome.

"Now the difference between you, an Urqos, and say, a vizk'cha, a small creature from my home planet, is that you are sentient. And eating sentient creatures is almost like cannibalism, and that's bad. This is also why I was confused by your brother, Urqos Boxy. He pantomimes your motions very closely, and it took me a while to realize that he and Urqos Prothor are actually sentient"
**

* Rate-A-Deity is like an almanac distributed between star systems and regularly updated that tries to ensure that those that claim to be gods are in fact actual deities. Worshipers and those that encounter a stray god post their reviews to let you know which deities are benevolent, wrathful, and complete frauds. Juan Echo's rating is actually 5.7***. The most recent review posted was:
heavyhauler2xxx wrote:3 out of 10
we met juan echo hitchhiking along an asteroid belt. it seems weird to find a hitchhiking god but its tru and we gave him a ride. he provided us with a blessed trip and protected us from pirates and even cooked spacebug chili that tasted pretty ok. then the prick slept with my girlfriend
**This is about as close to understanding robotics as Juan has ever gotten. Not for a lack of effort from his sister.
***Whenever a deity tells you that their Rate-A-Deity score is high, always flip the numbers. Another Wandering God by the name of Wednesday has often been heard bragging he has a 9.2 rating to any young female he can find. But, in fact, he has a 2.9 with the two most commonly used words to describe him being "con-artist" and "sketch".
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:48 am

<Rolls held>
Juan Echo wrote:"Well, divinity is a nebulous concept... The Yayamama are the greatest of the pantheons. We are so powerful that we have conquered two star systems in our history... Personally, I keep a respectable 7.5 on Rate-A-Deity*... This is also why I was confused by your brother, Urqos Boxy. He pantomimes your motions very closely, and it took me a while to realize that he and Urqos Prothor are actually sentient"**


Sorrenson focuses on what Juan has to say, if nothing else to take his mind of the horror of where he is. He wonders what Juan's deal really is. Greatest of pantheons? Yet they've only conquered 2 star systems, seems small fry (as far as 'gods' go) to me. Talks about traveling between stars, but doesn't know what a Cyborg is, or how a PA works? 7.5 on Rate-A-Deity, as if that's even a thing? I guess it may be, who knows. This guys got to be having a laugh, right? "So, people actually worship you? I mean you seem like a cool guy, but you're a bit weird man. Like you carry a gun and know how to use it but think that my armor is my long lost twin. It isn't, it's just a Power Armor made by the same company that made your body armor. I was joking when I said it was my long lost twin. I made up a story so... bad that I didn't think anyone could believe it, but you did." He motions over at Prothor. "Prothor is clearly a borg. As in a Cyborg, of course he is sentiment. I guess what I'm saying is how can a guy who claims to be a god not know these things? I know if I worshiped a god I'd be pretty let down if I worshiped one that didn't know this stuff. It's like common knowledge." Sorrenson suddenly stops speaking. Oh, I just pretty much called him a thicko didn't I?
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Prothor » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:50 pm

[rolls held]

Prothor looks over to Juan and Sorrenson. Skeptical about Juan's deific nature, Prothor simply defines his state of being, "I was born an organic being, but circumstances have left me with this machine body." Some disgust is detectable in his voice as he explains his state of being to the ignorant god. "My brain and a few other organs are currently housed and protected in this technological shell. And, while I am happy to still be alive, I do not particularly enjoy my current state of being."

Prothor gives Sorrenson a nod then says to the room, "Complete whatever tasks you need and be ready to move. We will leave as soon as our guide has given us a direction." He looks over to the Draconid expectantly.
Prothor
Current Details
MDC by Location:
Left Upper Arm: 47/47-------Right Upper Arm: 47/47-------------Main Body: 180/180
Left Forearm: 33/33----------Right Forearm: 33/33----------------Head: 60/60
Left Hand: 33/33--------------Right Hand: 33/33
Left Leg: 60/60----------------Right Leg: 60/60
Left Foot: 13/13---------------Right Foot: 13/13

MI-B2 Medium Infantry Armor
M.D.C. by Location
Main Body: 230/230
Arms (2): 38 each.
Legs (2): 60 each.
Head/Helmet: 15
Integrated OP-Field (60min or 20 switch ons)
[*]1 - OP Field E-Clip loaded / use: 9.5 min / 4 switch on
Integrated N-F50A Superheavy Force Field
M.D.C.: 137/160

-Weapons:
Right hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Heavy Laser Blaster, Retractable/pop up
Left hand/arm: Retractable Vibro Knuckle Blades / Mini-Machine Gun, Retractable/pop up
Skull of Saint Sabatt
PH-100 Heavy Phase Beamer
NE-75H Shoulder Cannon
Soul Craft Longsword
assorted grenades

-Current Effects/Conditions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Prothor
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:57 pm
Location: Phase World PC (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Consumer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:10 am

Along the path of Good Intentions

The group talks far a short while, mostly about the ratings of deific beings. The Draconid Mage is weak and has barely the strength to stand on his own. "I can guide you to the Soul Chamber, But I do not think I can walk on my own." The Draconid wheezes through blood speckled lips.

OOC Comments
Either one strong individual carries the Draconid, or two of the three remaining troopers leave carry him and are unable to fight. I'll let you guys make that decision. ~Consumer


Bryke's empathy powers pick up pain and fear, while his Telepathy bounces off the Draconid like the hull of a star ship. Once the group makes a decision, the team moves forward down dark and twisted passages, of a architecture unseen by any. The sounds of things slithering around is omnipresent as are the muted sounds of combat from elsewhere. The Draconid true to his word seems to be leading the group deeper into the bowels of Cormal. The group slows as they near a large antechamber, beyond it are a score of demons idly guarding it's several passages. They do not seem to have noticed the teams approach.


Jonah and the Whale

Vortigern looks to his minions who are seemingly just as confused as he is to what is going on. Carbunckle seems eager to go and fight again, while Varya is reticent at best. The trio makes it's way out of the room they had unceremoniously landed in and into halls designed by either corrupted nature or a absolute mad man. Vortigern can hear the sounds of things scuttling almost everywhere, like he was in some manner of a tube that crabs walked on the outside of. The sounds of battle can be heard distantly echoing, their source lost in the strange acoustics of the halls. Vortigern and team find themselves outside a vast chamber, it's ceiling a mockery of a cathedral. scurrying across the floor are a host of demonic creatures, they do not seem to have noticed Vortigern or his companions.

What are your Intentions?
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Consumer
Game Master
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
Location: Phase World GM (Galactic Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 30/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 13

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 220/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 160/160 MDC (not activated)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 192/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 4/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 141:00/160 min.
  • 727/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


Starchief lifts the Draconoid Mage and slings him over his shoulder, facing forward. "Let me know if this gets uncomfortable. We can have the minotaur carry you instead."

As they walk down the passageways to their confrontation, Starchief thinks about tactics. "Solaris, when we get down there, I want you to lock the largest section of them down. Metri, I want you locking down the rest with those sticky carpets of yours. If we snag enough of them, they'll be sitting ducks for our long-range fire. Juan Echo, Tis, Icky, I want you firing long-range with me. Prothor, you're the expert on your group. From what I can tell, sending Baron high and Sorrenson back here with us will have maximum effect. If any of you have magic to lock these demons down, you're up first. I want them all immobilized and easy targets. If our plans change, we still need them locked down, but expect me to make the call to wade head first into the fray. Have your close quarters combat weapons at the ready. Any ideas or suggestions before we walk straight into the demon's mouth?"

Starchief lets one of the other durable crewmembers take the lead while he carries the Draconoid Mage through the passage ways. Flashlight on, paying close attention to the surroundings. What is that awful slithering noise?
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:20 am

Perception (21%): 1d100 = 57
JiC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 20
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 8

Effects
Combat Status
APM: 5
Cosmic Armor: 715/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (141:00 min.)
Relevant abilities
Nightvision
[ooc=Moves]Actions
1. Pick up Draconid
2. Use Increased Healing on wounded Draconid; 2d4 = 3 (-10 I.S.P.)*
3. Put down Draconid
4.Fire concentrated blast; strike - 1d20+5 = 18/damage - 1d6*10 = 20 +5= 25 M.D.
5. Fire concentrated blast; strike - 1d20+5 = 25/damage - 1d6*10 = 10 +5= 15 M.D.
6. Fire concentrated blast; strike - 1d20+5 = 16/damage - 1d6*10 = 10 +5= 15 M.D.
7. Fire concentrated blast; strike - 1d20+5 = 15/damage - 1d6*10 = 40 +5= 45 M.D.
8. Fire concentrated blast; strike - 1d20+5 = 24/damage - 1d6*10 = 20 +5= 25 M.D. (Probably superlative)
Contingencies
1. Fire wide blast with V81 Volcano; strike - 1d20+1 = 3/damage - 4d6 = 16 M.D.
Parry rolls:
1)1d20+6 = 20; 2)1d20+6 = 17; 3)1d20+6 = 24; 4)1d20+6 = 22; 5)1d20+6 = 7

Furry Urqos wrote:I guess what I'm saying is how can a guy who claims to be a god not know these things? I know if I worshiped a god I'd be pretty let down if I worshiped one that didn't know this stuff. It's like common knowledge.

Metal Urqos wrote:"I was born an organic being, but circumstances have left me with this machine body. My brain and a few other organs are currently housed and protected in this technological shell. And, while I am happy to still be alive, I do not particularly enjoy my current state of being."

Juan Echo nods and says, "I understand; all of you are Urqos. And I am a God. I don't see what the confusion is. As a divine being I'm naturally better than you in most ways.** That's why my people rule over the Yayamama Star System. We're just naturally the best to rule, and do so benevolently. And like many Gods in my pantheon, I also serve as the avatar for some intangible concept.

"I am the God of Travelers. There are other Traveling Gods from other pantheons too. But regardless of them that means I wander around the stars and provide my blessing and protection over those that travel through space. Whether you worship me or not doesn't matter.
*** If you are righteous, I will aid your cause. If you're a total roadkill, then I'll wander my way and you can wander into a black hole. But those that have my blessing know each other as brothers, and aid each other and strangers alike. Some don't really worship me and keep to themselves. That's fine too.

"So what does it matter if I know the differences in your power armors? You seem to know your equipment, as I know mine. And you all seem to be more powerful and noble than the average Urqos, which is good since I think we are fighting a common enemy. Believe in my powers or not, it matters nothing. I'll trust you to have my back if you trust me to have yours."


As Prothor indicates it is best that they move and take the wounded Draconid with. Although Starchief initially offers to take carry the mage, Juan offers to carry him, "This Urqos does not weigh too much, and I can stabilize him to my back using the tether cable. Plus as we move my blessing on him will speed his recovery." If the others agree that this is the best course of action, Juan ties the Draconid to his back so that he can still guide the party (Action 1). With the Draconid in contact with Juan, the Wandering God uses Increased Healing to aid in getting the mage back on his feet (Action 2). However, if there is any easier way of carrying the wounded soldier Juan will defer to the medics.

Per Starchief's suggestion, Juan takes the back. In part this let's him protect the wounded mage from of any incoming fire. In party so he doesn't block the view of anyone. When they reach the antechamber, they spot a large group of demons. If Starchief or anyone taking point orders the attack, Juan will put down the Draconid in a discrete corner, hoping to keep him out the fight (Action 3). When signaled to fire on any demons they encounter any incoming demons, Juan fires concentrated bursts from his V81 Volcano (Actions 4-8). If there is a large horde that needs to be stalled by a wider shot, Juan can fire a wide blast from his plasma cannon (Replace Action 4 with Contingency 1).

*I mentioned this as a move last turn but it wasn't accounted for. If Juan is carrying the Draconid, then he is using this power. I'm not sure how this affects stats other than I lose 10 I.S.P., so let me know if I need to add or change any rolls.
GM Note: It was accounted for. Feel free top deduct your I.S.P. ~Consumer
**Per Rate-A-Deity:
CsharpCshooterW wrote:10 out of 10
Any dude that can drop trou and take a leak during a space walk and make sure it hits a star's equator from 2.4 AU is def a God. Jonny Echo is my SAVIOR!!!1!
***Also from Rate-A-Deity:
DeVoTeD1the1 wrote:2 out of 10
Ive been in 8 different cults and they all provided more direction than an actual God! Even the 3 that were pyramid schemes had strict moral codes and corporal punishment! All 'Jonny' said was respect Guest Right and be cool as if that will get me to heaven! As if! What's the point of worshiping a God if he won't tell me I'm better than non-believers?!?!
Hopefully this new cult will work out for me. May Woden raise us all!
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 240/240
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 50/64
Encumbrance: 271/675

Equipment Worn on Person
Armor:Juan Echo is wearing his black and turquoise NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor. He wraps a length of reinforced cable around his waist and over his shoulder like a sash; one end of the cable is clipped to the belt of his EVA suit. A small knapsack is tied to the reinforced cable, in which Juan carries a number of other items. Underneath his EVA suit Juan wears his cargo pants and tank top.
Head 60; Main Body 140; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60;

Weapons: Juan has his two magical clubs stored in one of the side compartments on the leg of his EVA suit. He keeps his V81 Volcano Mark-1 strapped to his back using the reinforced cable. One extra energy canister is also clipped to the reinforced tether cable.
Ammo: 14/24

Knapsack: Inside the knapsack Juan keeps his poncho, an extra pair of pants and shirt, a pair of sandals, 1 lb. of spicy unidentified meat jerky, 3 lbs. of raw snake meat wrapped tightly in its own skin, a ball made from an animal sac, a commando knife, and a bent claw hammer. If you have lost a claw hammer, please contact the Wanderer as he has no idea how he got or how to use a claw hammer.
User avatar
Juan Echo
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:38 am

Perception: 1d100 = 16
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 21
4 to save vs. HF for the next 3 hours.
OOC Comments
PPE: 87/137 - after casting AoI this post
ISP: 14/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 378/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 10 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5

Juan Echo wrote:"I understand; all of you are Urqos. And I am a God. I don't see what the confusion is. As a divine being I'm naturally better than you in most ways... I'll trust you to have my back if you trust me to have yours."

Sorrenson raises an eyebrow. This guy doesn't get it at all. "Man, the confusion is all yours. You say you're a god and that we aren't - we get it. That's not hard to follow. You thought Boxy was a living thing and Prothor a, I dunno, a robot. I mean come on, if any mortal from a 3G planet, of a decent tech level, thought my PA was my long lost twin I'd think they pretty damn thick, straight up retarded perhaps. If that guy turned round and said 'Hey ho! I'm a god and I'm just better than you all' Ha! That's a good one! Yeah yeah God of Travelers and all, so you probably stood far back when the gravitas, and all that, was handed out." Sorrenson pauses and shakes his head. Ah, man... It doesn't matter... Better off focusing on the job at hand. "Yeah, I'll watch your back if you watch mine. Sounds good."

When the team gets closer to the chamber filled with demons Sorrenson re-ups his armor enchant on the Drudge. Well, here we are again. Am I too young to retire from all this?
Combat rolls if needed

OOC Comments
APM: 8
Initiative: 1d20 = 2
Action 1: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 6, Damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 4, Damage 2d4*10 = 80 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 11, Damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 15, Damage 2d4*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 19, Damage 2d4*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 7, Damage 2d4*10 = 30 M.D.
Action 7: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 19, Damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 8: Shoot ugly with arm blasters. Strike roll1d20+2 = 10, Damage 2d4*10 = 30 M.D.

Dodges if needed: 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 18
Parries if needed: 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 24
User avatar
Sorrenson
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

PreviousNext

Return to A City At War

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest