[MW V] The Belly of the Beast

The Phase World/Three Galaxies Archives

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:51 pm

Perception: 1d100:
31
/33
JIC: 1d100:
45

JIC: 1d20:
19

JIC/Magic: 1d20+7 = 13:
6

JIC/Psionic: 1d20+5 = 22:
17

JIC/Horror: 1d20+8 = 18:
10


The day may yet be ours! We must make it so!

Vortigern squares against the now unimpaired Demon Knight and uses the flight power of his Cosmic Armor to charge with his shield raised and held to the fore. He zigzags back and forth if the Demon Knight appears to make any attempt to target someone other than him, seeking to obstruct his line of sight as much as possible until he has closed into melee, whereupon he switches into an almost entirely aggressive use of the shield and his axe. Menacing with the shield and using it to press aside the weapon of his enemy as much as possible, clearing his lines of attack for his axe, the Dark Knight seeks to send the Demon Knight back to Hell as quickly as possible. "You petty thing! My mount nigh killed you on his own, and you would face me? You would have done better to flee and preserve your life! But at least you are no coward to stand before me still."

Vortigern Combat Rolls
Intent: Vortigern attempts to close with the Demon Knight directly and keep him under pressure/prevent him from using ranged attacks/spells on others. He will menace and/or attempt to obstruct LOS with his shield as he moves in for decisive melee strikes. Vortigern engages in offensive use of Paired Weapons to conduct simultaneous block/strikes and to expand his attacks/actions one is in melee.

Contingency (Demon Knight is deceased prior to Vortigern expending all actions): Fly/charge to attack the Demon Locust, coming to the aid of Metri as best as is able. Same tactics employed.

Initiative: 1d20:
11


Strike: 1d20+11 = 21:
10
Damage: 9d6+8 = 41:
3, 5, 5, 2, 4, 3, 4, 2, 5

Strike: 1d20+11 = 12:
1
Damage: 9d6+8 = 35:
2, 4, 4, 4, 1, 2, 2, 2, 6

Strike: 1d20+11 = 29:
18
Damage: 9d6+8 = 49:
6, 5, 1, 4, 4, 5, 6, 5, 5
Crit! Dmg: 98
Strike: 1d20+11 = 12:
1
Damage: 9d6+8 = 39:
3, 4, 6, 1, 2, 4, 2, 4, 5

Strike: 1d20+11 = 31:
20
Damage: 9d6+8 = 38:
4, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1, 6, 4
Crit! Dmg: 76
Strike: 1d20+11 = 18:
7
Damage: 9d6+8 = 43:
4, 6, 2, 6, 2, 6, 2, 3, 4

Strike: 1d20+11 = 28:
17
Damage: 9d6+8 = 36:
6, 1, 5, 1, 6, 2, 4, 2, 1
Crit! Dmg: 72
Strike: 1d20+11 = 13:
2
Damage: 9d6+8 = 43:
2, 6, 4, 5, 4, 6, 6, 1, 1


Parry: 1d20+14 = 16:
2
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 18:
10

Parry: 1d20+14 = 29:
15
Dodge: 1d20+8 = 10:
2


Carbunckle Combat Rolls
Intent: Flank and/or circle to the rear and wait for the enemy to be distracted with Vortigern before attempting to pounce attack for the kill. Repeat if necessary.

Initiative: 1d20+4 = 24:
20


JIC/Magic: 1d20+5 = 23:
18

JIC/Psionics: 1d20+2 = 14:
12


Regeneration: 2d6:
5, 5


Leap Attack1: 1d20+8 = 27:
19
Damage: 2d6:
5, 2
(x10 MDC) (Pin: 1d100:
27
/33)

Contingency (First leap attack lands/successful but enemy is still alive): Continue to claw and attack in melee while trying to keep enemy pinned/at disadvantage.

Strike: 1d20+8 = 28:
20
Damage: 6d6:
6, 2, 2, 5, 1, 3

Strike: 1d20+8 = 13:
5
Damage: 6d6:
1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2

Strike: 1d20+8 = 12:
4
Damage: 6d6:
1, 3, 1, 2, 2, 2


Contingency (First leap attack misses and Demon Knight is still alive by the time Carbunckle acts again): Second Leap Attack, attempting to finish the enemy again.
Contingency (Demon Knight is deceased before Carbunckle has completed all actions): Leap Attack on the Demon Locust attempting to prevent it from further attacking Metri and put it at a disadvantage in further combat.

Leap Attack1: 1d20+8 = 18:
10
Damage: 2d6:
6, 5
(x10 MDC) (Pin: 1d100:
14
/33)

Parry: 1d20+6 = 12:
6
Dodge: 1d20+6 = 20:
14

Parry: 1d20+6 = 17:
11
Dodge: 1d20+6 = 12:
6

Parry: 1d20+6 = 8:
2
Dodge: 1d20+6 = 14:
8

Parry: 1d20+6 = 12:
6
Dodge: 1d20+6 = 20:
14

Parry: 1d20+6 = 18:
12
Dodge: 1d20+6 = 20:
14

Parry: 1d20+6 = 13:
7
Dodge: 1d20+6 = 19:
13
Last edited by Vortigern on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:20 am

Perception: 1d100:
75
/43%
JIC: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
61

Initiative: 1d20+3 = 21:
18

APM: 8

Conditions:
- Ammo: 182 short bursts or 91 heavy bursts remaining
- Armor: Ain’t nothin’ but a fond memory.
- Force Field: Yeah, right. We wish.
- Physical MDC: 117/187
- Cosmic Armor. 154 min/616 melees. 454/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Sorrenson wrote:"Heroics? I'll settle for mere survival!"


“Oi, yer no fun anymore, Sorrey…” Icky smirks. “Go big or go home, willya?” Not that he’s far wrong, he adds to himself as he gets slammed -- again and again -- by that orb of destruction. That orb would’ve killed us three times over had our armor spells come back when they did. On the other hand…

Radio: Basic -- 1d100:
72
/98% (99%)

“A’right, chums!” Icky calls out on his comlink. “Castin’ dat orb took a lot outta ol’ Uncle Halthy -- let ‘im have it while ‘e’s weakened!” I’m a lot better close up than at a distance, time to get stuck in with Meatball and finish him off with a few choice cuts above the neckline… he muses as he reaches for his sword.

Solaris wrote:"'Chief! Gonna need you to back up!"

Sorrenson wrote:"Oi! If you guys back off out of melee, I can throw a bunch of Fusion blocks at Ugly O'l Bearface!"


Okay, that works too… he thinks as he lets go of the sword handle and re-grips the rail gun’s trigger. “Oi, Sorrey, now yer getting’ da hang o’ it -- dat wasn’t so ‘ard, now was it?” He smiles grimly as he zips around trying to blast Halthhag while keeping the demon between himself and that orb of destruction as much as possible.

Combat Actions
Actions:
  1. Lost
  2. Also lost
  3. Shoot Hathhag with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 10:
    7
    | Damage: 1d6*10 = 50:
    5
    MD
  4. Shoot Hathhag with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 20:
    17
    | Damage: 1d6*10 = 60:
    6
    MD
  5. Shoot Hathhag with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 15:
    12
    | Damage: 1d6*10 = 60:
    6
    MD
  6. Shoot Hathhag with the NE-105 Super Rail Gun. Strike: 1d20+3 = 9:
    6
    | Damage: 1d6*10 = 40:
    4
    MD
  7. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+15 = 26:
    11
  8. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+15 = 35:
    20


Auto-Parries if needed: 1d20+14 = 31:
17
, 1d20+14 = 33:
19
, 1d20+14 = 21:
7
, 1d20+14 = 23:
9
, 1d20+14 = 30:
16
, 1d20+14 = 29:
15
, 1d20+14 = 24:
10
, 1d20+14 = 28:
14
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100:
52
/48% (33(base)+15(enhanced perception)=48)
JIC: 1d20:
12
| 1d100:
70
%
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 11:
3

APM: 9
-----------------------------------
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (6/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [on]. <1/4 uses/24 hr left> (67/70 MDC)
OP Field <16/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 96/159
ISP: 91/260
MDC: 57/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
PPE Battery 1. PPE: 18/180.
PPE Battery 2. PPE: 35/180.
PPE Battery 3. PPE: 35/180.
Stormstrike Mag. 8/100 rounds.
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Enhance Reflexes. 12.75 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Telepathy: Superior. 500 ft probe. 1000 ft comm. 13.00min.
  • TK:Super. 44.50 min. 14 objects. 400 lbs.
  • Enhanced Perception. 44.50 min.
    • This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.).
    • Bonuses: +3 to Perception (+15% by house rule), +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
  • Suppress Fear. 6.75 min.
  • Cosmic Armor. 159.75 min. 758/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Fighting Spirit. 13 melee rounds. +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 on roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 SDC), jump kick, paired weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Invulnerability. 13 melee rounds. 0/50 MDC. +20 save vs magic, psionics and Horror Factor.
  • Lightblade 1. 16.00 min. +1 to strike. Damage: 1d4*20+16 MD
  • Lightblade 2. 16.00 min. +1 to strike. Damage: 1d4*20+16 MD


Smells like rotten eggs... Metri thinks as his nose twitches with irritation. The Yhabbayar makes for a comical scene, his face planted in the ground by his own magic and a seemingly victorious over-sized locust happily plopped down atop him. To make matters worse, he isn't sure if the odor is from the demon locust, or a natural exudation from the planet. Either way, Metri is eager to extract himself from his current self-inflicted predicament.

The Yhabbayar times his cancellation of the magical adhesive with a telekinetic shove that would push him free. With the freedom of alacrity, Metri will re-engage the demon locust. Bringing the dual blades of light to bear against the greater demon, the Yhabbayar tries to garner its attention with the higher hope of dispatching it altogether.

Actions
Action 1: TK: Super shove, cancel CoA

Action 2: Paired weapons with Lightblades, striking Demon Locust. LB1 Strike: 1d20+17 = 37:
20
. ((Crit!)) LB1 Damage: 1d4*20 = 80:
4
+16 MD = 96*2 = 192 MD. LB2 Strike: 1d20+17 = 25:
8
. LB2 Damage: 1d4*20 = 80:
4
+16 MD.

Action 3: Paired weapons with Lightblades, striking Demon Locust. LB1 Strike: 1d20+17 = 24:
7
. LB1 Damage: 1d4*20 = 60:
3
+16 MD. LB2 Strike: 1d20+17 = 29:
12
. LB2 Damage: 1d4*20 = 20:
1
+16 MD.

Action 4: Paired weapons with Lightblades, striking Demon Locust. LB1 Strike: 1d20+17 = 18:
1
. LB1 Damage: 1d4*20 = 20:
1
+16 MD. LB2 Strike: 1d20+17 = 33:
16
. LB2 Damage: 1d4*20 = 40:
2
+16 MD.

Action 5: Paired weapons with Lightblades, striking Demon Locust. LB1 Strike: 1d20+17 = 24:
7
. LB1 Damage: 1d4*20 = 40:
2
+16 MD. LB2 Strike: 1d20+17 = 32:
15
. LB2 Damage: 1d4*20 = 60:
3
+16 MD.

Action 6: Paired weapons with Lightblades, striking Demon Locust. LB1 Strike: 1d20+17 = 27:
10
. LB1 Damage: 1d4*20 = 60:
3
+16 MD. LB2 Strike: 1d20+17 = 23:
6
. LB2 Damage: 1d4*20 = 40:
2
+16 MD.

Action 7: Paired weapons with Lightblades, striking Demon Locust. LB1 Strike: 1d20+17 = 28:
11
. LB1 Damage: 1d4*20 = 60:
3
+16 MD. LB2 Strike: 1d20+17 = 28:
11
. LB2 Damage: 1d4*20 = 20:
1
+16 MD.

Action 8: Paired weapons with Lightblades, striking Demon Locust. LB1 Strike: 1d20+17 = 36:
19
. ((Crit!)) LB1 Damage: 1d4*20 = 20:
1
+16 MD = 72 MD. LB2 Strike: 1d20+17 = 26:
9
. LB2 Damage: 1d4*20 = 80:
4
+16 MD.


Action 9: Reserved for Contingencies

Parries (+19 not included): 7d20:
20, 19, 8, 6, 10, 13, 3

Dodges (+17 not included): 7d20:
10, 14, 2, 15, 15, 8, 11


Contingencies (in order of priority):
  • Parry/Dodge (as above)
  • If Cosmic Armor collapses (or Metri sees any teammates within range that desperately need protection), cast Cosmic Armor
  • If psionic FF (70 MDC) collapses, re-activate psionic FF (spend ISP if necessary)


Code for Spells/Psionics used


Expenditure Tally this round
  • PPE: (-23 PPE per CA)
  • ISP:
  • OP field
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:26 am

Perception: 1d100:
19
/59%
JIC: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
61


Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 60/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 0/160 MDC (overloaded)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 156/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 2/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 140:30/160 min.
  • 411/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


Sorrenson wrote:"Oi! If you guys back off out of melee, I can throw a bunch of Fusion blocks at Ugly O'l Bearface!"

Solaris wrote:"'Chief! Gonna need you to back up!"


No dammit! I have him where I want him! Starchief thinks to himself as he struggles to swing his arms at Halthaag. Doesn't matter if I'm in the way. They need to end this. "No! If you have a shot, take it! This ends now!"

Starchief starts swinging his Lightblade at the Star General as best he can under high gravity conditions. If he finds that he is completely ineffective, he will concede to the requests of his teammates and leave melee range with the Star General so they can finish the job.


Initiative: 1d20+10 = 13:
3

APM: 11

Action 1: Lost.
Action 2: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 23:
10
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 54:
4

Action 3: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30:
17
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 34:
2

Action 4: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 29:
16
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 34:
2

Action 5: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 27:
14
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 54:
4

Action 6: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 22:
9
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 34:
2

Action 7: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 32:
19
(NAT19) Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 54:
4
x2=108
Action 8: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 16:
3
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 34:
2

Action 9: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 30:
17
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 34:
2

Action 10: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 25:
12
Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 44:
3

Action 11: Slash Star General Halthhag. Strike: 1d20+13 = 14:
1
(NAT1) Damage: (1d4*10)+14 = 54:
4


Autododges: 1d20+13 = 25:
12
1d20+13 = 27:
14
1d20+13 = 22:
9
1d20+13 = 14:
1
(NAT1)1d20+13 = 32:
19
1d20+13 = 31:
18
1d20+13 = 33:
20
(NAT20)1d20+13 = 28:
15
1d20+13 = 30:
17
1d20+13 = 33:
20
(NAT20)
Parries w/ Lightblade: 1d20+14 = 17:
3
1d20+14 = 27:
13
1d20+14 = 32:
18
1d20+14 = 34:
20
(NAT20)1d20+14 = 28:
14
1d20+14 = 15:
1
(NAT1)1d20+14 = 26:
12
1d20+14 = 19:
5
1d20+14 = 28:
14
1d20+14 = 27:
13
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:57 am

Perception: 1d100+10 = 66:
56

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
8
/ 1d100:
42

Initiative: 1d20:
15


CURRENT CONDITIONS
Force Field: 110mdc/86mdc

Weapon Stats
Damage: 4D6 to a 10 ft radius, 6D6 to creatures of 10ft or taller, 6D6 to Force fields.
Range: 1,600 feet.
Payload: 3 shots then need to change 60 shot clip/drum

Bryke focuses on the Demon Knight with malicious intention- not wanting some other casting of anti-magic to come about. When/If it falls The promethean will turn focus on Halthhag until Halthhag is down. He makes sure to fire in such a way as to not hit a team member with splash damage if at all possible.

"Just a question, are we killing the target or extracting his head for questioning?" Bryke quips into the team radio.

ACTION 1: STRIKE:1d20:
17
| DAMAGE: 4d6:
4, 1, 4, 5
or 6d6:
2, 3, 3, 1, 5, 1

ACTION 2: STRIKE:1d20:
16
| DAMAGE: 4d6:
2, 2, 6, 2
or 6d6:
4, 6, 1, 2, 2, 1

ACTION 3: STRIKE:1d20:
11
| DAMAGE: 4d6:
5, 3, 4, 1
or 6d6:
1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 6

ACTION 4: STRIKE:1d20:
12
| DAMAGE: 4d6:
2, 1, 5, 2
or 6d6:
2, 6, 3, 1, 3, 6

ACTION 5: STRIKE:1d20:
3
| DAMAGE: 4d6:
2, 4, 1, 4
or 6d6:
6, 5, 2, 6, 3, 1

ACTION 6: STRIKE:1d20:
7
| DAMAGE: 4d6:
4, 4, 1, 3
or 6d6:
3, 3, 3, 1, 4, 2


PARRY: 1d20+6 = 20:
14
, 1d20+6 = 14:
8
, 1d20+6 = 10:
4
, 1d20+6 = 25:
19
, 1d20+6 = 26:
20
, 1d20+6 = 23:
17

DODGE: 1d20+6 = 26:
20
, 1d20+6 = 24:
18
, 1d20+6 = 17:
11
, 1d20+6 = 20:
14
, 1d20+6 = 24:
18
, 1d20+6 = 12:
6
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/236
ISP: 125/113
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:12 pm

As the room clears of demonic combatants, both sides fight all the more ferociously- the demons desperate to try and salvage their invasion of the Three Galaxies, the rest of you equally determined to remove the threat posed by Halthhag once and for all. Slowly, inexorably, the tide is turning against the Star General and those allied against him. Carbunckle, flanked by Vortigern and supported by Bryke’s heavy weapons fire, again lunges for the demon knight and tears into the hellishly deformed and empowered flesh. The tiger beast’s first leap is deftly parried by the knight, but with Vortigern and Bryke distracting him Carbunckle hits and again drags the knight to the ground. Vortigern barely deflects a few more counter-attacks from the knight’s weapon, and moments later the summoner’s swordplay dispatches the knight. The corpse crumbles into ash in a matter of moments; with the demon knight dispatched, Vortigern takes to the air and rockets across the room and towards Metri’s aid.

The Yhabbayar, meanwhile, uses the only means at his disposal to try and shift the locust off of him- his telekinesis. Dispelling his carpet of adhesion, Metri attempts to budge the Locust’s weight- only to find that the fiend is much heavier than he anticipated. With an incredible effort of will, Metri digs deep into his last reserves of inner strength, straining his telekinetic abilities to their utmost- and succeeding in bodily hurling the locust off of his prone form ((-50 additional ISP Metri)). With an indignant squawk the locust goes flying, and though it manages a lightning bolt in retaliation, once it rights its body it finds itself facing not just Metri, armed with a pair of lightblades, but also Vortigern as he comes smoothly in for a landing.

The combatants charge one another- the swordsmen whirling their blades, and the locust retaliating with its wicked stinger-tail. A blistering melee follows, with both skilled duelists falling into a rhythm with one another. It rapidly becomes apparent that the locust’s true threats are its magic and raw power- not its physical prowess. Taking turns covering one another, and deflecting the locust’s stinger, you rush it in a stepwise fashion- circling around to divide the locust’s attention and attack it from multiple sides. The tactic works- in a matter of seconds the locust is overwhelmed, its defenses shorn, and by the time it realizes just how much a threat the two of you really are and attempts to retreat, you chase it down and put an end to the fiend, violently.

Then, Halthhag stands alone. Forced into position by Solaris’ gravity manipulation, Halthhag is unable to maneuver much as Solaris, Icky, Bryke, Juan, and Sorrenson pour on the weapons fire while Starchief engages the Star General in a duel. While Bryke’s heavy phase beamer catches Starchief in its blast radius, the rest of you are able to avoid striking the Seeronian as he successfully holds the Star General’s attention on himself- for a time. Despite delivering an intense series of attacks and ripping numerous wounds into Halthhag, the glowing orb of destruction continues darting around the room- striking all of you who are unable to get out of its path. Sorrenson, Juan, and Carbunckle are all struck by the orb- the latter two sent flying, but the rest of you manage to avoid the orb and turn Halthhag’s body incandescent in a hail of energy beams, rail gun rounds, and plasma as five of you unload everything your weapons have at the Star Lord. For one impossible-seeming moment, Halthhag swells with indignant rage and you think he will withstand the barrage- until Sorrenson, thinking quickly, jury-rigs a temporary (and dangerous) overload into his armor’s starfire cannon. Whether through technical acumen, or some inner power within the techno-wizard, for a few precious seconds his weapons are turbo-charged, and the employs them on the Dyasha to great effect.

Blast after supercharged blast rocket into Halthhag’s body- and with an unholy shriek the built-up energy explodes throughout his form, and dissolves it into motes. When the light clears, Halthhag is gone- with nothing but a pile of ash to commemorate him. As is the way of all demonkind. Your foes are all slain- the corridor is silent save for the echoing sounds of battle in other, distant corridors. Any of you who passed a perception check by at least 20% last round feel a slight tremor- not in the ground per se, or even the air- almost as if space itself were shivering. Though your immediate danger has passed, the evil of Cormal still permeates the area, and any of you with psionic abilities feel an increasing sense of foreboding. Something bad is about to happen, and whatever it is Halthhag’s death didn’t stop it.

What are you doing?

Round 6 Summary
All ammo used as intended.
Metri: -50 ISP, -35 MDC
Starchief: -72 MDC
Sorrenson: AoI depleted
Juan: -60 MDC
Solaris: -50 MDC
Carbunckle: -50 MDC
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:34 pm

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100:
9
/48% (33(base)+15(enhanced perception)=48)
JIC: 1d20:
20
| 1d100:
97
%
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 17:
9

APM: 9
-----------------------------------
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (6/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [on]. <1/4 uses/24 hr left> (67/70 MDC)
OP Field <16/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 96/159
ISP: 41/260
MDC: 57/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
PPE Battery 1. PPE: 18/180.
PPE Battery 2. PPE: 35/180.
PPE Battery 3. PPE: 35/180.
Stormstrike Mag. 8/100 rounds.
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Enhance Reflexes. 12.50 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Telepathy: Superior. 500 ft probe. 1000 ft comm. 12.75min.
  • TK:Super. 44.25 min. 14 objects. 1400 lbs.
  • Enhanced Perception. 44.25 min.
    • This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.).
    • Bonuses: +3 to Perception (+15% by house rule), +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
  • Suppress Fear. 6.50 min.
  • Cosmic Armor. 159.50 min. 723/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Fighting Spirit. 12 melee rounds. +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 on roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 SDC), jump kick, paired weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Invulnerability. 12 melee rounds. 0/50 MDC. +20 save vs magic, psionics and Horror Factor.
  • Lightblade 1. 15.75 min. +1 to strike. Damage: 1d4*20+16 MD
  • Lightblade 2. 15.75 min. +1 to strike. Damage: 1d4*20+16 MD


"My gratitude, you have. Yess." Metri thanks Vortigern between panting breaths. The task of collectively dispatching the demon locust drawing fresh perspiration from their bodies. The Yhabbayar looks on in amazement as his words echo amidst the momentarily silence in the cavern. He allows himself a brief moment of elation at having accomplished their goal and appreciation at the great heroics the many around him achieved that day. A day of destiny. When Light gathered to push back the Darkness... But we are not yet done.

Then, oblivious to the shivering space, Metri speaks up again, some urgency filling his voice, "Report back our success, we should." The Yhabbayar points a tridactyl finger back in the direction of their spaceships. "Elsewhere, our battle acumen may be needed. Hmmm." Though it pained him to share such pragmatic thoughts, the reality was that despite defeating the demon general, war was still at hand. Battles were still being fought and people were still dying. If the fleet needed their special forces team to insert somewhere else for a high impact mission, now would be the time to redeploy.

He was tired. He could see that everyone else was too. Despite his weariness, Metri looks toward Starchief to mobilize them and tucks his aches and pains deep in the recesses of his psyche where he is currently storing all the other trauma experienced on this epic day.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Perception: 1d100:
77
/33
JIC: 1d100:
67

JIC: 1d20:
2


Vortigern stands catching his breath for a brief moment before sliding his shield around to hang across his back as he looks about and takes in the fact that the field is cleared. He reaches out and claps Metri on the back in a friendly manner yet none the less augmented by the raw power of his armor. "Victory is ours! Yet I agree, we should not savor it over long, here in the heart of bastion of the enemy. Relief may yet be en route to counter attack us even now. We must assume so!" he says as he looks about, noting the remaining demon weaponry as well as the incapacitated but still very much alive remaining demons. Using the power of the Cosmic Armor he floats a few feet up from the ground. "Finish off the rest, to be sure they can't follow us. These may have some value here, and are hard to come by under many circumstances. I'll gather them up, but anyone is welcome to their share if they want to claim it later. The rest ... please give us some perimeter and security while we get ready to depart. Two minutes and we need to move. If anyone is hurt or otherwise needs help, let us know now!" he says, calling out and gesturing to the others.

And then he is off, seeking to dispatch the Gallu from earlier... and then gather up any and all weapons remaining from the demons and affixing them to the saddle/harness of Carbunckle before remounting the giant tiger. To Carbunckle: "You fought well. You helped win this victory, in no small part. And glory beyond measuring among your kind. And perhaps more. You've earned your place at my side, if you will pledge your loyalty and name to me. Think on it." he says, giving the tiger a gruff yet friendly pat on the side as he finishes with the weapons, just before sliding up onto the tiger once again.

Mounted, ready to travel, Vortigern looks around once again at the others to take stock of the situation.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 am

Perception: 1d100:
56
/34% +15% Magical / Mechanical
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
3
/ 1d100:
61

-4 to save vs. HF for the next 3 hours.
OOC Comments
PPE: 27/137
ISP: 14/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 132/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 21/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


"Oh shit, shit, shit, shit!" Sorrenson mutters to himself as his fingers twitch rapidly in the control gloves of the drudge and his eyes dart back and forward across his HUD. He should be happy about the pile of ash that used to be Halthag and cheering and saying something 'cool'. There isn't any time for that right now though, no no. Sorrenson is at least nostril deep in an age old Techno-Wizard 'Oh shit! I've pushed it too way too far - again' Cluster Funk. Somehow, he's over-charged, over-clocked, boosted, then boosted the boost and, of course, bypassed all the safety valves on the whole Starfire system. Which, in layman's terms, means that it's probably going to implode in on itself. Then it'll explode outwards. Then it'll do it again, probably more than once.

"How do I turn it off?" Sorrenson screams, as he mashes the 'off' button constantly. Typical, now the Big bad Bear-face is dead, I'm gunna get killed by my own gear... Suddenly, and Sorrenson will never be able to figure out how it actually happened, one of the safety valves comes back online. The valve vents a plume of blindingly bright white magical energy along with a loud ripping "FFFFAAAAARRRRRP" sound. Then it stops just as quickly as is started and the valve emits pretty little sparky energy 'snowflakes' that float up instead of down and eventually pop like bubbles. Anyone that can smell anything over and above the demon stench would note that, once popped, the energyflakes smell like really badly burnt toast.

"Ah, that's better!" Sorrenson says after he sighs deeply with relief. That was fucking close...

Metri wrote:"Report back our success, we should."

Oh, good call. "Righto. I'll try to get a message through." Sorrenson fires up his PA's longer range comms and those on his drone which has kept an eye on things from up by the roof. The message is short and to the point: "Halthag is dead."

Metri wrote:"Elsewhere, our battle acumen may be needed. Hmmm."

"Yep, feels like a good time for a Retreating tactical... Retreat withdrawal... tacticaling with-treat. Um, what I mean is I think it's time to go." Sorrenson is getting a bad feeling again. "Yeah, we need to leave, like now..."

Vortigern wrote: I'll gather them up, but anyone is welcome to their share if they want to claim it later.

Sorrenson shakes his head, which is mirrored by Boxy. "Thanks, but no thanks. The demon taint on this shit is gunna be way too strong for my tastes. Not worth selling either. These things are gunna be littering Center like empty candy wrappers and used tissues. Supply and demand and all that."

Radio Basic 1d100:
55
/81% To get message of Halthy's death out. - PASS
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:56 am

Per: 1d100:
21
/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
2
/1d100:
96

EBA 145/220 N-20B force field 0/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 2/12 clips
[*]Cosmic Armor. 100.00 min. 421/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

"Good work, people!", Solaris announces solemnly. She drops her spent Gravity Rifle clip and slaps in a fresh one.
If there's anything left of Prothor, maybe we ought to give him a proper burial. And the others... Tis... Winston ...Holt. So many casualties.

A moment's pride at having vanquished such a terrific foe is all Solaris is afforded before she feel's a tremor.
"The planet. Cormal. Is it still awakening?!", Solaris exclaims, unable to mask the surprise in her voice.
"Chief? What should we do?"
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100:
19

JiC: 1d20:
9
/1d100:
3

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 17:
16


Effects
Combat Status
APM: 6
Cosmic Armor: 463/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (134:30 min.)
Moves
Actions
1. Dodge any oncoming threat - 1d20+4 = 20:
16

2. Dodge any oncoming threat - 1d20+4 = 9:
5

3. Dodge any oncoming threat - 1d20+4 = 8:
4

4. Dodge any oncoming threat - 1d20+4 = 19:
15

5. Dodge any oncoming threat - 1d20+4 = 16:
12

6. Dodge any oncoming threat - 1d20+4 = 22:
18

Contingencies
See above
Parry rolls:
1)1d20+6 = 7:
1
; 2)1d20+6 = 13:
7
; 3)1d20+6 = 19:
13
; 4)1d20+6 = 19:
13
; 5)1d20+6 = 20:
14
; 6)1d20+6 = 16:
10
; 7)1d20+6 = 23:
17
; 8)1d20+6 = 9:
3
; 9)1d20+6 = 17:
11
; 10)1d20+6 = 19:
13

As the dust that was once Halthhag settles Juan Echo scans the chamber with his V81; all the threats seem to be neutralized. He lands in the center of the chamber near the fallen Alu demons. He joins Vortigern in scavanging for demon weapons of use. Ideally he will find two swords or blunt weapons that he can wield in pair. Juan also sees the jagged shard of broken bleed that he eyes mischeivously; he can use that to make good on a promise he made to the prone Brek-Shall.
Furry Urqos wrote:"Yep, feels like a good time for a Retreating tactical... Retreat withdrawal... tacticaling with-treat. Um, what I mean is I think it's time to go."

Juan nods in agreement. "I agree. I am not one to over stay my welcome on a planet.* I want to search for any weapons that we can use to fight our way out. I cannot imagine that leaving this planet will be any easier even with the lowly Star General dead."
Urqos Solaris wrote:"The planet. Cormal. Is it still awakening?!", Solaris exclaims, unable to mask the surprise in her voice.

"Halthhag said that the book was what controlled the planet. I had assumed he was lying because he was a demon. But maybe it wasn't an empty boast." Juan tosses the broken bone blade aside. Another time, another demon. He will be ready to dodge anything that comes his way."Well, I guess the only good thing about this is that without the book, the planet will be fighting against the demons as much as it will fight against us."

*Per Rate-a-Deity:
Aggie Memnon wrote: 3 out of 10
When the Wanderer came to our farm I thought my house was truly blessed. We took Him into our home and He blessed us with His divine presence and His hearty work effort. We offered Him our favorite daughter to ensure a bountiful harvest and many good years in the future. And then He disappeared the day before the wedding without a word. We had to feed Genie to the cows to survive the winter. The hamburgers made from those cows the following summer were delicious.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 64/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Vortigern » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:39 am

Perception: 1d100:
6
/33
JIC: 1d100:
61

JIC: 1d20:
8


Vortigern, astride Carbunckle, turns and moves closer to the demonic throne seeking to give the grim edifice a closer inspection. As he moves he looks about for any further passages in this place that might portend further discovery... or threat. Until drawing near the throne itself when it gets all of his attention. "Be wary of any runes and glyphs. They could be any manner of magic waiting to strike." he says as he inspects the throne for anything of just that sort. Or anything else interesting at that.

The Throne Is Mine!
Perception: 1d100:
53
/33
Mystic Symbology: 1d100:
96
/95
Recognize Enchantment: 1d100:
9
/85
Recognize Magic: 1d100:
31
/55 (+10% if magic symbols are involved. )
Lore: Magic: 1d100:
26
/75
- Recognize Wards/Runes/Circles: 1d100:
63
/65
- Recognize Enchantment: 1d100:
4
/70

Lore: Demons & Monsters: 1d100:
29
/80
History: Demons & Devils: 1d100:
14
/85


(Contingency: After all interactions with the throne or any other 'interesting' thing in the room is quickly completed, and if there is no further promising exploring to be done.)

The Sorcerer Knight turns astride his mount and rides towards the ramp leading back up and out of the chamber. "Comrades, I'll rejoin you as quickly as I am able. Yet Varya is vulnerable now, and it would be unworthy of me to allow her to perish here if it is within my ability to preserve her life. I am going to try and find and guard her while she reconstitutes her form, and we will rejoin you either here or on the way back to our vessel when she is whole again." he says. Then, giving a quick salute with one hand, and Carbunckle charge back up the ramp alone, seeking to track or find Varya and any signs of her passage.

The One That Got Away
Perception/Vortigern: 1d100:
52
/33
Detect Ambush/Carbunckle: 1d100:
12
/55
Detect Concealment/Carbunckle: 1d100:
60
/45
Trail/Carbunckle: 1d100:
12
/72
Tracking/People/Carbunckle: 1d100:
41
/82
Tracking/Animals/Carbunckle: 1d100:
87
/80
Enhanced Olfactory Sense/Carbunckle: 1d100:
32
/62
Perception/Carbunckle: 1d100:
43
/23
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180


Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)


Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)


Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160


Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
User avatar
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Starchief » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:49 am

Perception: 1d100:
66
/59%
JIC: 1d20:
6
/1d100:
54


Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 400/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 60/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 0/160 MDC (overloaded)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 156/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 3/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 2/4 micro missiles
Cosmic Armor:
  • 140:15/160 min.
  • 339/800 MDC.
  • Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH).
  • Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor.
  • EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.)
  • -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


Amidst the high-pitched lasers and screaming rounds, Starchief holds his ground against the demon bear. He swings his glowing white sword until there's nothing to swing at anymore. When Star General Halthhag is disintegrated, Starchief waits a moment for him to regenerate or for it to have been an illusion. Once the reality of their success sets in, he smiles and relaxes ever so slightly.
Solaris wrote:"Good work, people!"

"Good work indeed. We just cut the head off of the invasion of the Three Galaxies. We just saved billions of lives. Remember this day for the rest of your adventure filled lives."
Solaris wrote:"The planet. Cormal. Is it still awakening?!", Solaris exclaims, unable to mask the surprise in her voice. "Chief? What should we do?"

Juan Echo wrote:"Halthhag said that the book was what controlled the planet. I had assumed he was lying because he was a demon. But maybe it wasn't an empty boast. Well, I guess the only good thing about this is that without the book, the planet will be fighting against the demons as much as it will fight against us."

"I can feel it too. Something is happening. And with the time we've spent on this planet, it's going to be something bad. Gather your weapons if you so desire, but be quick. We leave now. Metri, join Vortigern and see if there's something we can do about that book being destroyed. If this demon planet is truly out of control, we may have a whole new situation on our hands."
Objectives
Corbulo wrote:"First, find Halthhag and kill him. Second, find whatever he used to get Cormal to ally with him, and either destroy it or retrieve it. Whatever it is, it’s liable to magical, powerful, and filthy-evil. So be careful.”[/b]

"We did what we came here to do, but it may have made things worse. Everyone back to the ships in five."

Starchief surveys the scene to confirm that every last demon is dead and gone. If they aren't, he'll stick them with his Lightblade to send them back to hell and clear the way for his team's escape.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:58 am

((rolls carried))

Starchief wrote:"I can feel it too. Something is happening. And with the time we've spent on this planet, it's going to be something bad. Gather your weapons if you so desire, but be quick. We leave now. Metri, join Vortigern and see if there's something we can do about that book being destroyed. If this demon planet is truly out of control, we may have a whole new situation on our hands."


Metri nods in confirmation and joins Vortigern in his search to save his minion and/or locate the remnants of the tome that controlled Cormal. To assist in the search, Metri will perform a pair of psionic seekings: one for Varya and one for the tome. ((Psionic seeking -3 ISP each, -6 ISP total. 16 mile radius. 80.00 min duration. Varya 1d100:
16
| 80%. Tome 1d100:
83
| 80%. Note: Even if the character fails the roll to find the person or item, he will be able to sense whether or not the object is within his range.)). If necessary (because he cannot psionically anchor to the object he seeks), Metri will utilize Total Recall (-1 ISP) to imprint the image of the object in his mind.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100:
32
/43%
JIC: 1d20:
4
/1d100:
86


Conditions:
- Ammo: 174 short bursts or 87 heavy bursts remaining
- Armor: We're all for it.
- Force Field: Yeah, that would be nice.
- Physical MDC: 117/187
- Cosmic Armor. 153.75 min/615 melees. 454/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.


"OOH-RAH! Now DAT's what I'm talkin' 'bout right dere!" Icky shouts as Halthhag crumbles to dust. "Oi, 'ow ya like dat, Uncle Halthy? I hear tell it's kinda 'ard ta take over da Three Galaxies when yer DEAD! When ya get back ta Hell, tell 'em ya got yer arse kicked by some big gorram heroes!"

Starchief wrote:
Solaris wrote:"Good work, people!"

"Good work indeed. We just cut the head off of the invasion of the Three Galaxies. We just saved billions of lives. Remember this day for the rest of your adventure filled lives."


"Ya know it, Meatball!" He lands next to the pile of ashes that not too long ago had murderous intent. "Dis calls fer a lil' somethin' fer da trophy room..." he plucks out a small case from his chef's belt and empties out the spice inside before scooping up a small sample of demon general remains. "Hells, I might jus' even pony up fer da victory booze when we get back..."

He's so wrapped up in his celebration that he totally misses the shivering... but the ominous buzzing in the back of his skull brings him out of his victory dance.

Starchief wrote:
Solaris wrote:"The planet. Cormal. Is it still awakening?!", Solaris exclaims, unable to mask the surprise in her voice. "Chief? What should we do?"

Juan Echo wrote:"Halthhag said that the book was what controlled the planet. I had assumed he was lying because he was a demon. But maybe it wasn't an empty boast. Well, I guess the only good thing about this is that without the book, the planet will be fighting against the demons as much as it will fight against us."

"I can feel it too. Something is happening. And with the time we've spent on this planet, it's going to be something bad. Gather your weapons if you so desire, but be quick. We leave now. Metri, join Vortigern and see if there's something we can do about that book being destroyed. If this demon planet is truly out of control, we may have a whole new situation on our hands."


"Oi ya, of course it'd be too good ta last... It'd be just our luck Halthy was tellin' da truth." Icky rubs his chin. "Maybe dat book was kinda like a leash dat kept Cormal under control? An' if dat's da case, dere 'ad ta be a reason he was doin' da ritual in 'ere. Dere's gotta be some sorta significance to this locale. Ya'll don't reckon we're in Cormal's brain center, or close ta it? Could we, I dunno, pull off a planetary lobotomy in 'ere?"

He scoops up one of the demon tridents that Vortigern missed. "But if we gotta jet outta 'ere, no harm in takin' one o' dese. Imagine da smores I could make wit' a fork dis big."

If the group is dedicating to getting the frak outta Dodge, then he'll grab anyone who needs a lift and fly back out towards the ships.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:41 am

<Rolls held>

Something Vortigern said wrote:To Carbunckle: "You fought well. You helped win this victory, in no small part. And glory beyond measuring among your kind. And perhaps more. You've earned your place at my side, if you will pledge your loyalty and name to me. Think on it."

While keeping a watch over the others, Sorrenson's mind ticks over something that his PA's advanced audio feed picked up just a little bit earlier. Wait, what? Is Vort asking that thing to be his girlfriend, or whatever. He opens up a private radio channel directly to Vort. "He man, what does 'pledge your loyalty and name to me' mean? Are you asking 'bunkle for an actual relationship, or something? Like, you know, a consensual one. Not one based you your magic making him do what you say."

Solaris wrote:"Good work, people!"

"You too Lisa! Without that 'gravity well / can't move' thingo you do, Uncle Halthy would have eaten us for lunch! Bravo, madam, bravo." Sorrenson replies. She always one for giving out a 'well done' after a fight. She should def get one back... more than one actually.

Starchief wrote:"Good work indeed. We just cut the head off of the invasion of the Three Galaxies. We just saved billions of lives. Remember this day for the rest of your adventure filled lives."

"Ha! Adventure filled lives? Forget that, I want a long sleep, a longer holiday and then I'll put in for early retirement."
Sorrenson replies with a smile.

Chef Icky wrote:"Oi ya, of course it'd be too good ta last... It'd be just our luck Halthy was tellin' da truth. Maybe dat book was kinda like a leash dat kept Cormal under control? An' if dat's da case, dere 'ad ta be a reason he was doin' da ritual in 'ere. Dere's gotta be some sorta significance to this locale. Ya'll don't reckon we're in Cormal's brain center, or close ta it? Could we, I dunno, pull off a planetary lobotomy in 'ere?"

"Well, if anyone knows where to put 'em for the best effect. I've got 5 fusion blocks we could us to make something go boom." Sorrenson's PA shrugs it's shoulders. "I know it's not much, but it's all the boom boom I've got."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Halthhag is dead, and the day is yours! Or at least, as much as could be reasonably expected- the psychic tremors that undoubtedly have something to do with Cormal’s awakening do not go unnoticed by the more sensitive among you. Unfortunately, it is unlikely that there is anything you can do about that fact. Starchief quickly reassembles the group, assigns a few guards, and dispatches the rest of you on various tasks as you prepare to evacuate.

Standing as a sentry around the entrance to the room, Sorrenson frantically calms his stressed powered armor in the light of his blistering final assault on Halthhag. The immediate crisis averted, Sorrenson gets on his radio and begins thumbing through channels to try and spread the word of the Star General’s defeat. Unsurprisingly you are too far underground to reach the space fleet fighting for its life above Cormal, but Sorrenson is able to get through to a number of squads dispatched as part of this last effort and notify them to begin the evacuation. A disturbing number of channels you try are met with the howls and screeches of other demons filling the citadel. It could be your imagination, but you think you hear the sounds of struggle (and various demon-emitted noises) intensify and near in the maze of corridors around you. It would be wise not to linger.

While Starchief moves to dispatch the paralyzed Brek-Shall lying near Sorrenson, Vortigern approaches the Galu and chops his head to ribbons. The job is neither easy nor pretty, but both demons are eventually dispatched. Icky, Juan, and Vortigern also take the opportunity to plunder some of the demons’ fallen weaponry.
Loot
Consult DB 10, P. 90. Bone knives and Fire Tridents are both available for plunder, both reeking of evil and magic. Take what you wish, but apply common sense and the site’s encumbrance rules- since you will presumably be retreating at best possible speed shortly. Abuse this freedom at your own peril. :twisted:

Finally, under Starchief’s orders Metri and Vortigern examine the dais and throne upon which Halthhag was working to see if they can shed any light on the relationship between Cormal and the book that Prothor atomized. An examination of the throne produces little of interest- it is made of some sort of rough-hewn bone or chitin, seemingly extruded by the surface of Cormal itself, and radiates no more magic or evil than the rest of this accursed planet. The bad news is, he senses nothing of the book- it is likely gone, or the Yhabbayar did not have a strong enough connection with it to be able to detect it. However, Metri does detect Varya quite easily- quite some distance away, likely resting in or near the ships that brought you to the surface.

With little else to do save wait for the rest of the demon army to fall upon you like ravening wolves, you form up and begin double-timing it back the way you came. On your way out, any of you who passed a perception check spot the remnants of the draconid (along with the rest of your squad), who looks like he leapt in the way of one of the demon powered armor attacks during the pitched battle. Thoughts of him, and of Prothor, dominate your thoughts as you proceed back to the surface.

The way back is familiar, if no less fear-inducing, than the way down- ignorance of what you were facing being replaced with the all-too-familiar sensation of your opponents barking at your heels. As you proceed, you spot other teams following the same path as you- some ahead of you, some sprinting out of side tunnels. For a time, sounds of demonic pursuit are clearly in evidence, and you fear that you will need to turn and confront your hunters, but as you get closer to the surface the sounds fade. Those of you with better-than-average hearing, or who passed a perception check by at least 15% last round, will notice that the sounds of battle have started back up. But the energy weapons fire, explosions, and distinctly mortal screams of pain and fear that characterized the previous engagements with the demons are absent this time around- there are only the sounds of the demons themselves. This realization does not bring you any comfort, for surely it indicates that Cormal’s defenses are turning against its erstwhile allies. If the demon planet can give a demon army a run for its money, you had best be well out of harm’s way before the dust settles.

Most of the other teams you spot have different insertion and extraction points, and so peel off to sprint back to their transport ships and to the fleet. A few of the allied squads follow you to the ruined hangar, though, where their transports wait alongside the Star Ghosts that brought you to the surface. A telltale glow inside of one reveals Varya’s presence, where the Bhlaze is nearly finished regenerating her outer shell. Solaris slides back into her pilot’s chair, while the rest of you need to figure out who is replacing Baron, but once you get that sorted you close the ships, blast off, and phase out of existence for good measure.

Your trip back into orbit is surprisingly uneventful, save for the scattered transports accompanying you on your rendezvous with the fleet. Sorrenson is finally able to get a transmission through to Lt. Bedwyn and report the partial success of your mission. The lieutenant apparently has his hands full, as you only receive a textual reply acknowledging your message and giving you coordinates for the rendezvous.

As you clear Cormal’s atmosphere, it’s easy to see why. The allied fleet is on the verge of being routed- the battlefield is ringed with debris that you quickly realize is the remnants of its fighter squadrons. Most of the heavy capital ships are still holding out (not that there were all that many to begin with), but the medium-class cruisers are starting to fall and while the demons have taken heavy losses, they are starting to encircle the defenders.

Still, you have your orders, and proceed towards the fighting surrounded by what remains of the strike force. When you’re only a couple miles out from the fighting, the capital ships unleash a barrage at the demon forces closest to you- punching a hole in their ranks and allowing all of you to rejoin the main fleet. While the other transports dock with their motherships, Bedwyn comes back on the comm. and instructs you to prepare to activate your phase transceivers and return to Phase World. You await the follow-up order, and with the HUDs clear of hostiles (for now), you have a moment to catch your breath and take in the scenery.

It doesn’t take you long to realize that you are witnessing the birth of a spaceship graveyard. Fully a third of the allied fleet appears to be gone, along with each and every single refugee ship that came to Kotus Point. Several ruined demon stars are also clearly visible, alongside dozens more that even now serve as the focal points for the demons’ last attack on the allied forces.

Then, the psychic dread many of you had been feeling for what seemed like hours as you fled the planet crests. The demon planet Cormal withdraws its tentacles from where they were menacing the fleet, turn, and promptly lash out at the demon stars coordinating the counter-offensive. What had been threatening to be a route promptly turns into one- but a rout of the demons, as Cormal begins destroying spaceships by the dozen. The demon planet is clearly targeting the demons, in particular the hulking demon stars, but just as clearly doesn’t care if any non-demon ships get caught in the cross-fire. The tentacles emanating from its surface are faster and more numerous than they were before- while Cormal is clearly no longer under the demons’ control, you can’t help but wonder if your actions have unleashed something far, far worse on the Three Galaxies.

As if reading your minds, Bedwyn transmits the order to teleport back to Phase World. As Cormal visits unspeakable destruction on the demon fleet, you spot a number of demon stars and other FTL-capable ships warping out. Clearly, they think Bedwyn has the right idea. Not wanting to be left behind to face the wrath of the demon planet alone, you follow suit.

Reality blinks, light flashes, and suddenly you are back in orbit around Phase World. The fighting here appears to have mostly subsided, but in terms of death and debris the Phase World system doesn’t look all that much better than Kotus Point. The demons appear to have been driven from the vicinity, but you and the rest of the fleet remain on your guard as you make a course for Center and receive your docking instructions. You are ordered to land your ships at the docks currently berthing the Dime Store Magic and the Wrong Ship, respectively, and then to report to Thraxus will all do haste. You are exhausted and dirty, but you supposed it would be inadvisable to defy the Godling. Hopefully he just wants your report before sending you on your way.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Bryke » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Perception: 1d100+10 = 90:
80

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
3
/ 1d100:
96


Prior to leaving Cormal:
'That book may have been able to control the planet,' The promethean begins to think while the immensity of the situation dawns on Bryke like a speeding bullet-train meeting a plastic bag filled with rotted fruit,

'Halthhag's gone but this thing is still- we gotta go.'

Bryke interrupts himself, setting his mind to the task of looking around for anything collectible, before saying matter-of-factly,

Let’s make haste.”

A blast of insight then hits the promethean, his form flickers like a hologram and displaces itself a few centimeters. The expression of intense focus, and concern that once was there, in a flash is riddled with a weirdly out of place smirk. His gear and garb shifted somehow this way and that, and the color(s) seemingly duller than they were nano-seconds ago. A new weathered scar above his right eye brow are the final signs that Bryke had been elsewhere, and for who knows how long.

The Time Master with a start, as if waking from a vivid dream quickly goes over to the place where Halthhag was poring over the book. Lost in thought, he mutters some inaudible words to himself while doing a few quick calculations to determine the best chunk of time to scry. His intentions while doing so are to observe and gather as much information as possible, to use at a later date. The promethean hopes to observe anything of use in case the demon planet known as Cormal one day threatens Center, or needs to be culled for any other reason.

Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100:
45

Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100:
81

Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100:
75


Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100:
56

Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100:
79

Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100:
79


Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100:
25

Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100:
39

Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100:
95


Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100:
85

Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100:
4

Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100:
13


Math: Basic| 95% | 1d100:
15

Math: Advanced| 95% | 1d100:
43

Astrophysics:| 65% | 1d100:
28


A touch of ocd, and five times exactly, checking and rechecking to be certain, Bryke believes he has a good window to aim at before walking through the past and trying to get a look at the magical tome especially.

CAST: TimeWarp-Retro. [OOc: that was me describing his level up which I have to officially do after I have sufficiently studied for a makeup diff eq test. The spell he will be adding is the one that can replay what took place at a certain time in an area. I cant recall right now what the name is, but I believe its retro something]

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

On the flight back:

Bryke will step into the pilot seat and fly them out of there, if no one does it faster. If at all someone else attempts to fly Bryke will say with a grim smile unflinching,

I can fly- besides it knows me better.”

When auto-pilot can be engaged Bryke will do so, and begin recording any information gleaned from his trip back into their past via total recall. As well as meditating briefly [OOC: I assume the phase ship has a number of cerebral interfaces- especially for a promethean crew member or pilot]
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/236
ISP: 125/113
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
User avatar
Bryke
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:53 am

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100:
21

JiC: 1d20:
1
/1d100:
75

Initiative: 1d20+1 = 15:
14


Effects
Combat Status
APM: 6
Cosmic Armor: 523/800 M.D.C.; Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH); Magic and M.D. cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch (134:00 min.)
Wasted dice rolls
1d100:
34
;1d100:
38
;1d100:
83

Juan Echo picks up two bone knives from the hands of slain Alu demons. He always liked to get a souvenir from his battles, especially utilitarian objects like weapons. They were testaments to the ephemeral nature of travel: they were reminders of adventures had, they served a function in moving along a little further, and they would be lost along the way. As he meditated on them a whiff of their demonic essence hit him, a mixture of evil and dog; this was a smell that he wouldn't mind losing along the way sooner rather than later.
Chief Urqos wrote:"We did what we came here to do, but it may have made things worse. Everyone back to the ships in five."

Juan puts his new weapons in a side compartment of his EBA and then flies into formation following the others out. There is an odd tranquility to the way they rush off the planet. He trails around their surroundings for any sign that Cormal will slow down their exit. Instead they meet with groups of other soldiers beating a retreat. Some are panicked, thinking that the day is lost; others are marching victoriously out, with Halthhag dead they can only see a glorious return to Phase World. The majority of the soldiers move stoically up to the planet's surface, merging and dispersing as they head back to their rendevous points. They step in between the bodies of fallen comrades (and a battle that they just narrowly survived) towards the next mission. This battle is over, but there will be another soon. Either in orbit above Cormal, or back on Phase World, or some other front in the Three Galaxies.

When they arrive to the ships Juan follows after Starchief, Solaris, Metri, and Icky. They had shared food with him in orbit before their fight with Halthhag and he sees them as fellow travelers. He buckles in next to Icky and takes stock of his equipment. His armor is banged up, showing cracks all over its enamel, and a serious dent where the rockets hit him. Looking around he sees the others' armor is in a similar state. Hardened warriors that quip in the face of death, and fight nose to nose with their opponents, these are kindred Urqos.

As they exit Cormal's orbit Juan watches coldly as the planet turns on the Demon Stars. It was not what anyone expected, but he is not phased by it. A sentient planet is a rare and powerful thing. Not even a god could bring such a thing fully to heel. It is fitting to see it turn on its controllers with such brutality. Then for a brief moment Juan thinks longer on the circumstances and realizes that no one controls Cormal and that eventually it will turn on them. Before that can happen, though, Solaris punches them back to Phase World and away from the monstrous planetary mass. Cormal is still out there.

As they enter the Center Juan decides, with the assuredness of a God, that he will bless them with his patronage. He's not sure where they are going from here, or who they plan on meeting with, but surely they could benefit from the guidance of a God.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 64/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:27 am

Perception: 1d100:
54

JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
12
/ 1d100:
81

-4 to save vs. HF for the next 3 hours.
OOC Comments
PPE: 27/137
ISP: 14/41
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 132/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 21/32
Fusion Blocks 5/5


When they get to the ship, Sorrenson does his best to wriggle the Drudge, along with his drone, back into the hold of the modified Star-fighter.
Bryke wrote:I can fly- besides it knows me better.”

Sorrenson thinks about it for a second. "Fair enough, being a Promethean it probably does know you better. Before you get in, do us a favor would ya, and give me and the Drudge a shove? I need one to get into the hold properly so we can get the door closed. Thanks." Once inside Sorrenson patches his optics to those of the fighter, just so he can see whats going on out there. On the way up to orbit, after viewing for a while, Sorrenson changes his mind. Bugger this! I'm sick of seeing demon shit. He cuts the feed and closes his eyes. The strain of the day, plus the drain on his system from almost using his 'Harness of Awesome' too many times, too often, catches up with him and he falls into a light sleep. Curled up in the hold the Drudge twitches as it's pilot almost dreams, but doesn't quite fall that deep into slumber.

Reality blinks, light flashes, and suddenly Sorrenson is back in orbit around Phase World. He wakes up. Oh! That'll be the jump back then. He reconnects his optic feed to make sure that's what just happened, then opens up his comms to Bryke and Vort. "Wake me up when we land. Cheers." He falls back asleep.

On the ground, once woken up, he wriggles the Drudge out of the hold. He checks the area for danger and sends the drone up to get a birds eye view of the landing pad and base. Assuming it's clear, he turns the Drudge to the building and wanders over. He opens up a channel to Maris. "Oi Maris. It's me, Sorrenson. I'm back. You still here? I'll be in soon. Got two others with me. A Promethean and a dude riding a demon cat." He turns to Bryke and Vort and points towards the building. "Welcome to the Rogues house. This is were we live." He pauses. 'We'? Fuck me! I'm the only Rogue left from the dinner at Mr T's place... The thought chills him to the bone. He tears up and falls quiet. He sniffs deeply, continues and points at the ship. "That's 'The Wrong Ship', its our ship. All of this is paid for by Thraxus. You guys met him yet? No doubt you will soon. He'll want an update, or whatever. While he's all distracted, aloof and god-like because he's got better things to do. While us chumps go out and do his bidding. A few of us usually make it back. He'll give a nod, toss us a bunch of credits and say thanks. Then probably ask us to do something even more dangerous for him." Sorrenson sounds bitter and tired, really tired.

At the door Sorrenson pauses. "Right, hopefully the base is okay, but who knows. We might need to clear it of demon-scum." The last words practically spat out. "I left my buddy Maris in here. Hope she's okay. Hopefully shes in my other PA. So don't kill her, okay?" Sorrenson sends a quick command prompt to the building's defense systems to let it know Bryke and Vort are friendlies. "I've told the building's def system that you guys are cool, so it shouldn't open up on you. If it's clear, there is probably food in the kitchen. Take a shower if you want one. If a bedroom's door isn't locked feel free to crash in it."

Then Sorrenson opens up the garage door and takes the Drudge in. Hoping that Maris is okay and his TW projects haven't been demon stomped.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:48 am

Per: 1d100:
94
/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20:
7
/1d100:
37

EBA 145/220 N-20B force field 0/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 2/12 clips

Lisa stays the epitome of professionalism but is very quiet as she pilots the ship away from Cormal. So many losses to our small teams... she thinks wistfully. We should have a service for the fallen ASAP. I wish someone was reading my mind right now.

The drifting debris forming a starship graveyard makes for an even more sombering sight, and Solaris quickly pitches the craft to try and avoid getting too long of a view. With the order to activate the Phase system again, she radios acknowledgement of the order briskly, and sends the Star Ghost and it's now reduced crew back to Phase World. Realspace flickers, lights strobe and with a lurch, the craft is back in orbit.

Looking around the cabin, Solaris tries to maintain her gung ho attitude and perhaps lift some spirits. "We sure showed them. And, hey, Sorrenson, if you'd like to share one of those big guns, I'd take one in a heartbeat."

With orders to land and report in, Solaris gets clearance to dock, lands ((Pilot: Space Fighter 1d100:
79
/93%; pass)) gently and after doing a full systems check, powers down. Having just survived impossible odds, she tries not to shake, attempting to maintain that 'flightsuit attitude' Turbo-Jockeys are famous for. "Alright, let's go see a god man about a man-bear-demon.", she says with sly sarcasm.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:51 am

[Rolls carry]

Urqos Solaris wrote:"Alright, let's go see a god man about a man-bear-demon.", she says with sly sarcasm.


"Halthhag's behavior was hubristic even for a demon's. To call him a such would be an insult to demons when he was more like a pig. To think he could control a whole planet!" Juan follows Solaris and the others off the ship. "Did you say something about seeing a God?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 64/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Solaris » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:26 am

the only Juan wrote:"Halthhag's behavior was hubristic even for a demon's. To call him a such would be an insult to demons when he was more like a pig. To think he could control a whole planet!" Juan follows Solaris and the others off the ship. "Did you say something about seeing a God?"

Once off the ship, Solaris takes off her helmet and gives Juan a slight shrug. "Our employer, Thraxus, is rumoured to be many things. Certainly more than human. He's got a fancy estate, too, if you're into that kind of thing." She turns to Icky and, looking up, asks him, "He's supposed to be a quasi-god or something, from what I've heard. Is that right?"
I wonder if Sorrenson heard my request. I always want more firepower. Even if it had to be rigged to my fighter...
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:29 am

Solaris wrote:"We sure showed them. And, hey, Sorrenson, if you'd like to share one of those big guns, I'd take one in a heartbeat."

Sorrenson nods and replies over the radio. "Hey, yeah sure. I'm pretty sure I could work one up. If you want one ASAP check the stores first, they're available over the counter. You got a vehicle to mount it on? It's pretty heavy and the TW ammo cells can be a PIA too. Maybe you're strong enough to lug one around, dunno. Most Starfires are crew supported or on a PA, robot, fighter or whatever. Also don't expect it to go around doing as much damage as it seemed too against Halthag. I'm not sure how I did it but I over-clocked it - i think - and it almost blew up on me. I don't even know what I did to it... But it worked and it didn't blow me up..." Sorrenson pauses and quietly adds, while forgetting that his radio is still on. "Yeah, that could have gone, like, way worse than making a pretty sparkly magical albino unicorn fart."

Sorrenson checks over some of his TW notes that are stored on his PA. Huh, which gems would I need for that again? Hmmm, if I don't have them on hand I don't know what I'll be able to scourge together. Now that Center is pretty much a war zone who knows which gems I'll be able to find.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Metri » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100:
64
/48% (33(base)+15(enhanced perception)=48)
JIC: 1d20:
16
| 1d100:
94
%
Initiative: 1d20+8 = 12:
4

APM: 9
-----------------------------------
Current Status
Psionic Crystal Armor (6/35 MDC)
  • Psionic ForceField [on]. <1/4 uses/24 hr left> (67/70 MDC)
OP Field <16/20 switches left on battery>

PPE: 96/159
ISP: 41/260
MDC: 57/69
SoE. PPE: 0/80. <4/10 spells>
WoS. PPE: 0/40. <3/5 spells>
PPE Battery 1. PPE: 18/180.
PPE Battery 2. PPE: 35/180.
PPE Battery 3. PPE: 35/180.
Stormstrike Mag. 8/100 rounds.
Conditions (constant): Sixth sense, Radiate nature [focused/analytical] (3rd eye: psychics within 100 ft. nonpsychics within 12 ft), Sense supernatural evil and magic energy, Sense life, Sense magic and ley lines (Staff of Earth: as per ley line walker), See the Invisible (Wand of Seeing)
Conditions (temporary):
  • Enhance Reflexes. 12.25 min. +1 attack per melee, +3 initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge. +2 to P.P. (adding further bonuses to strike/parry/dodge if boosted to 16 or higher), and +15% to all physical skills that rely on coordination or balance.
  • Telepathy: Superior. 500 ft probe. 1000 ft comm. 12.75min.
  • TK:Super. 44.00 min. 14 objects. 1400 lbs.
  • Enhanced Perception. 44.00 min.
    • This enhanced state of awareness sharpens all natural senses by 50%, and further enables the psychic to "filter" all of this extra sensory input in order to concentrate on one or a few specific things. While using this ability, the psychic will notice every detail around him down to the slightest motion, sound, scent, and shadow. He will further be likely to notice changes and inconsistencies that might reveal traps, illusions, feints, or tricks (including sleight-of-hand, etc.).
    • Bonuses: +3 to Perception (+15% by house rule), +1 to strike, +2 to parry and dodge, and a +10% to any skill that relies on any of the basic senses (such as Intelligence, Tracking, or certain Physical skills like Juggling or Prowl).
  • Suppress Fear. 6.25 min.
  • Cosmic Armor. 159.25 min. 723/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.
  • Fighting Spirit. 12 melee rounds. +2 attacks/actions per melee round, +1 on initiative, +1 to strike with guns, +3 to strike in melee combat, +2 to disarm, +2 to parry, +2 to dodge, +4 to pull punch, +2 on roll with impact, +4 to save vs Horror Factor/fear, +2 to save vs possession, Critical Strike on Natural 18-20, karate kick (1D8 SDC), jump kick, paired weapons, leap attack and judo flip/throw.
  • Invulnerability. 11 melee rounds. 0/50 MDC. +20 save vs magic, psionics and Horror Factor.
  • Lightblade 1. 15.50 min. +1 to strike. Damage: 1d4*20+16 MD
  • Lightblade 2. 15.50 min. +1 to strike. Damage: 1d4*20+16 MD


Once back in space, Metri has a moment to reflect. The entire time they had been on the surface of the demon planet, the Yhabbayar worked hard to suppress his psychic sensitivities. If he was honest with himself, the task was no easy feat. Nor was it something that the diminutive diplomat would choose to do on a regular basis. He huddles with the others near the pilot's compartment as Solaris takes the ship out into space. Allowing himself a tiny crack into his sensitivities, Metri is flooded with sadness. The Yhabbayar feels the immense loss of life (evidenced by the growing spaceship graveyeard sprawled out before them and more acutely, the toll this mission has wrought on their team. In commiseration, Metri places a calming tridactyl hand on Solaris' shoulder, seemingly sensing her need for memorial of the sacrifices made.

"Tremendous, the price of life has been this day. In memory of..." Metri begins before the waking of Cormal suddenly overwhelms the little mystic, causing his eyes to roll back into his head and the Yhabbayar to collapse like a marionette with its strings suddenly cut. The Yhabbayar had left himself vulnerable by opening his sensitivities a crack at the worst possible time, when Cormal unleashed the psychic roar of its reawakening.

Unconscious, Metri does not witness the destruction the demon planet wreaks on the demon fleet. He finds no solace in the turning of Cormal against the demonic forces. Only the feeling of impending doom that weighs on the universe with such a malevolent force restored. The mystic is consumed with visions of destruction that tug at his sense of identity.

Activation of the phase transceiver is a godsend to the Yhabbayar. When the ship blinks back into existence above Phase World, Metri's eyes open with a start. As if awoken from a nightmare, Metri jumps to his feet, landing in a combat crouch. Realizing his environment, Metri apologizes for his overreaction. Taking a slow breath, the little mystic calms and re-orients himself. Embarrassed, Metri waves off any concern for his well-being and heads to the cargo space to gather his things. What was that? The planet was filled with such... Our job isn't done. We have unwittingly unleashed an even greater evil on the Three Galaxies and we need to find a way to join the effort in stopping that monstrosity.

When the team disembarks, Metri will join them but be quiet. The Yhabbayar will seem to be moody. Either distraught from the tremendous loss of life, or concerned about what the future will bear.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:45 pm

Perception: 1d100:
23
/43%
JIC: 1d20:
12
/1d100:
39


Conditions:
- Ammo: 174 short bursts or 87 heavy bursts remaining
- Physical MDC: 117/187
- Cosmic Armor: Assumed to have expired/been dispelled at this point.

Icky flies along as fast as possible on the way back to the ships and makes sure the rest of the group doesn't fall behind. We've lost too many good fighters on this little soiree already, he thinks to himself. I'm not about to let someone snuff it during the extraction.

Once they reach the ships, he gets strapped into his gunnery chair and stashes his new fork in the cargo area along with his rail gun. "Alright, chums, time fer an express checkout. 'Ere's hopin' Cormal don't have any objections to us showin' ourselves da exit..." he quips as he fires up the weapon system. As they start to rendezvous with the rest of the fleet, he falls silent as the images of carnage flicker across his vidscreen. "Feetal's fraggin' feathers..." he mutters to nobody in a hushed voice. Then the planet begins to turn on its allies -- and he can't help but fist pump at the sight. He plucks the bottle of the demon general's ashes and puts it up against the vidscreen. "Oi, ya see dat, Halthy? Yer pet love slave didn't take too kindly to ya holdin' its leash, did it? 'Da Three Galaxies belong to da demons,' me sweet beefy arse-cheeks! Suck on it, ya fraggin' bastitch!" The hate is strong in his voice as he taunts the demon's remains before slamming the bottle back down into his Chef's Belt. It's only when the ships blink back into existence at Phase World does he allow himself a sigh of relief and a release of his hate for the monster that very nearly executed the mother of all tri-galactic military coups.

Solaris wrote:Having just survived impossible odds, she tries not to shake, attempting to maintain that 'flightsuit attitude' Turbo-Jockeys are famous for. "Alright, let's go see a god man about a man-bear-demon.", she says with sly sarcasm.


"Not ta mention a recipe or two, like I was meanin' ta ask 'bout 'fore we were rudely interrupted by demonic party crashers..." Icky quips. Looking down at the tattered shards of what used to be rather sturdy armor, he adds, "hopefully he won't get sore if I ain't wearin' me dress blues when we get ta Stately Thraxus Manor..." Violating a 'god man's' dress code. That may be the most pedestrian concern I'll have all day.

Solaris wrote:
the only Juan wrote:"Halthhag's behavior was hubristic even for a demon's. To call him a such would be an insult to demons when he was more like a pig. To think he could control a whole planet!" Juan follows Solaris and the others off the ship. "Did you say something about seeing a God?"

Once off the ship, Solaris takes off her helmet and gives Juan a slight shrug. "Our employer, Thraxus, is rumoured to be many things. Certainly more than human. He's got a fancy estate, too, if you're into that kind of thing." She turns to Icky and, looking up, asks him, "He's supposed to be a quasi-god or something, from what I've heard. Is that right?"


"Dat's one o' da better stories, ta be sure..." Icky shrugs and starts to count on his fingers. "I also heard he was one o' da founders o' Naruni Enterprises, dat 'e's over half a million standard years old, dat 'e stole his supernatural powers from gods in another dimension, an' dat 'e used'ta be ruler o' a kingdom that spanned 'alf a dozen planets. Not sure which one's me favorite. Outside of sayin' he used'ta be a 'dungeon crawler' he won't confirm or deny any o' da stories 'bout 'im. Guess 'e figures it adds ta da mystery." He thinks about it for a moment and adds, "whatever 'e might be, 'e ain't baseline humie. Ya never know, 'e might could'a gone toe-ta-toe wit' Halthy an' it be a fair fight." He chuckles. "Heh... if everythin' we know an' love weren't on da line, dat might've been a pretty entertainin' show."

On the way to Thraxus' mansion, he notices Metri moping along in silence. "Oi, chum, ya all worn out from savin' da Three Galaxies?" He gives the mage a massive hand an a grin. "'Ere, I'll give ya a lift. It's da least I can do fer ya after all da magic zap boosts ya slung in me direction." If Metri agrees, he'll scoop him up and carry him up to the manor.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:54 am

[Rolls carry]
Urqos Solaris wrote: "Our employer, Thraxus, is rumoured to be many things. Certainly more than human. He's got a fancy estate, too, if you're into that kind of thing. He's supposed to be a quasi-god or something, from what I've heard. Is that right?"
Urqos Icky wrote:"Dat's one o' da better stories, ta be sure... I also heard he was one o' da founders o' Naruni Enterprises, dat 'e's over half a million standard years old, dat 'e stole his supernatural powers from gods in another dimension, an' dat 'e used'ta be ruler o' a kingdom that spanned 'alf a dozen planets. Not sure which one's me favorite. Outside of sayin' he used'ta be a 'dungeon crawler' he won't confirm or deny any o' da stories 'bout 'im. Guess 'e figures it adds ta da mystery..."

Juan's brow furrows slightly. "I know of Thraxus," he says with a tone of forced nonchalance. "He is indeed a god, and a truly powerful one at that. He's not as powerful as a member of the Yayamama Pantheon, but I would offer him a handkerchief if I sneezed on him.

"As for what stories are true about him, I do not know. Like many Gods, he is well versed in self-mythologizing. It's what lesser deities do to make themselves seem more powerful. I have never found any reason to exaggerate the number of star systems that I personally have saved. (Five)"
It was three* "But creating a mysterious aura can serve a purpose beyond stoking a fragile ego."

*Not counting the battle on Cormal, Juan has actually played a minor role on saving two star systems. He served on a UWW Mystic Breacher that broke the Dominator blockade around the Ocelian System, and helped fight off the first wave of Spuglorth invaders of the Haracourn System while stranded on a moon of its outermost planet.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 64/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [MW V] The Belly of the Beast

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 am

As you leave Cormal behind, Bryke attempts to use his elemental connection to time to see into the past, and learn more about the book Halthhag was using before Prothor destroyed it. Unfortunately, the rush of escape is too chaotic for Bryke to enter the meditative state necessary to advance his powers- and even if it were, going back in time is virtually impossible even for a time master. Dejected at never knowing the book’s contents, Bryke takes the pilot’s chair upon returning to the space ghost, and with the Adventurers takes you back to the fleet and ultimately Center.

By the time you land, Metri has shaken off the effects of his exposure to Cormal’s full psychic presence, and the Yhabbayar is able to move with only minor assistance from Icky. The two groups briefly separate, and begin to contemplate life after the demonic invasion. Both ships appear fully intact and unmolested- the demon horde never got anywhere near the Dime Store Magic’s private berthing at The Spire, and The Wrong Ship was in a low-priority part of the spaceport that saw only sporadic fighting. Realizing that he is now the senior member of what remains of the team, Sorrenson introduces Vortigern and Bryke to the Rogues’ operations and grants them full crewmember access to all ship’s systems. A quick check on Maris and his various in-progress projects confirm that all is as he left it.

The Adventurers are familiar with how to overtly contact Thraxus through Doodles’ storefront, and after coordinating their arrival with the Rogues you all show up and are promptly escorted into the back room. There, as always, a teleportation circle waits to take you directly to Thraxus’ estate. This time, you are ushered into a plain, spartan conference room- a play on a war room that seems appropriate, given the circumstances. After a few minutes, Thraxus enters in a rush, and beckons for your report. The Godling himself is still dressed for battle- although his armor is far fancier (and cleaner) than your own. When he sees Juan standing with the Adventurers, Thraxus’ lip curls in sneering disgust. He starts to say, ”What is…” sighs, closes his eyes, and pinches the bridge of his nose before shaking his head. ”Never mind. Report.”

Once you make your report, Thraxus nods. ”It is unfortunate that Cormal awakened, but at least it’s no longer under the demons’ control. I’ve received reports that after it finished devouring the bulk of the demon fleet, it teleported to the sites of two other Demon Planet attacks in the Three Galaxies and began devouring its children. With Halthhag dead, the demon fleet is unlikely to be a cohesive force. At least, for the time being. But I fear that both the demons, and Cormal itself, will plague us for some time yet to come. Sooner or later, something will have to be done about both.” His tone brooks no doubt as to who he expects that someone to be.

Back to business. Thraxus taps a computer console built into the arm of his armor. ”In appreciation of your fine work assisting the city’s defense, I’ve convinced the Prometheans to provide your usual fee. The Space Ghosts you used to get to Cormal are also part of the deal- take good care of those ships, they’re each worth more than all of you put together. Finally, I’ll be sending down one of my staff with a small personal token of esteem for each of you- something from my private arsenal that I’m sure you’ll all appreciate. Go take a breather- you’ve earned it. I’ve reserved a private booth for both teams at Carmen’s Fine Dining- feel free to eat and drink to your heart’s content on my dime. There’s an attached discoteque if you’d rather blow off a little steam instead. Enjoy yourselves.” With a wave of his hand, you are dismissed.

((New thread! Post here.))
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Previous

Return to Dead Planets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests