[GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Postby Consumer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 am

The Skyline is the landing area of the elite of Center, the movers and shakers of the three galaxies park here above the dome. The pad is 500 feet by 1,000 feet, with a side building attached. The building is a recent addition that stands two stories tall and takes up around half of pad 0115. The building doesn’t have any real discernible characteristics other than its size. A few maintenance robots wait at the platforms edge to work on any vehicle that lands.

Galactic Rogues HQ

Ground Level
1: Garage: 250'x200' This two story garage has two large doors that roll up for entrance. Scaffolding runs along the walls to make working on large vehicles easier.
Machine Shop: Attached to the Garage is a large machine shop with enough tools and equipment to meet most fabrication needs.
2: Security Checkpoint: This room is the choke point to get to the rest of the building. A =n armored security station is manned 24/7 by a robotic guard who monitors surveillance cameras and sensor information. In case of emergency two hidden NE-200 Plasma Machine Guns will pop up and pacify threats.
Secondary Conference Room: A long conference table with a built in Holographic projector with enough seating for 40 sits in the middle of this room. Several large panel Vid-screens hang from the walls for purposes of visual aid needs. The chairs and table are made of light M.D.C. materials. This room is generally used when conferring with outsiders that do not need access to the rest of the building.
3: Stairwell/Elevator Access: Allows access from the first and second floors. The elevator is rated for 12 tons and can be manipulated by the security station.
4: Airlock: This is a standard Airlock, preventing contamination between the living areas and the lab. Doors have 100 M.D.C. and require security access to enter.
5: Halls: These wide halls allow acces to the various Labs in this wing of the building. In case of emergency several safty features can activate to stop airborne or biological disasters.
Storage: This room is used to store non-volatile equipment and sundries for use in scientific experiments.
6: Lab 1: Stocked with equipment for all your experiment/building needs.
7: Lab 2: Stocked with equipment for all your experiment/building needs.
8: Main Lab: Stocked with equipment for all your experiment/building needs. The main lab also has access to a Virtual Intelligence Program to help with processing raw data.

2nd Floor
9: Mess Hall: This communal dining area has seating for 24 people with comfortable chairs and integrated sound system.
10: Kitchen/Galley: A state of the art kitchen facility that could if need produce food for up to 100 people, has walk-in cooler and freezers. The kitchen is manned by a Kitchen Drone able to prepare food as needed.
11: Guest Restroom: This room has all the necessary equipment for cleaning/relieving one’s self.
12: Officer's Room: This room is 50’x50’ (2,500 sq ft) and have a private bathroom, living room, and bedroom.
Office An office space and private meeting area, contains a desk, top of the line computer with peripherals, and storage space. Can comfortably seat six.
13: Living Room/Den: The Living Room/Den has multiple seating areas and can easily entertain 50 to 100 people. There are several forms of entertainment available in this are including Vid screens, holographic projectors, and several integrated sound systems.
14: Conference Room: A long conference table with a built in Holographic projector with enough seating for 40 sits in the middle of this room. Several large panel Vid-screens hang from the walls for purposes of visual aid needs. (Chairs and Table are made of light M.D.C. materials.)
Gym: This gym is furnished with standard and advanced exercise equipment that can be used even by beings with supernatural strength. Contragravitic technology allows for extreme weights to be employed without causing structural damage.
Library: This library has a combination of books and electronic media, useful for various research. (+5% to all Lore Skills)

Member Suites
All member suites are 50’x50’ (2,500 sq ft) and have a private bathroom, living room, and bedroom. These suites may be customized and/or converted to a full apartment at the members expense.
a: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
b: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
c: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
d: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
e: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
f: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
g: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
h: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.
i: Empty Suite: Contains basic furniture.

What are your Intentions
Consumer
Game Master

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Postby Consumer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:17 am

Bryke's arrival on the Skyline Landing Pad does not go unnoticed. A human security guard equipped with Naruni Medium armor and armed with a Naruni Machine gun, and a pair of drones (Like repo-bots, but not) are flanking him. "Can I help you sir?" The guard asks, clearly on edge, but still friendly.

A brief confirmation of Bryke's identity changes the guards stance. "Welcome home sir."

Bryke's investigation of the base finds that the place is clean, and none of the previous occupant's seem to have anything left behind. leaving ten empty suites. Bryke picks one and claims it as his own, the rooms codes are set up and whatnot. Eventually Bryke finds himself in the labs, and decides to question the computer.

Bryke wrote:"Computer, what is your name and how should we address you when we have queries?"

The Virtual Intelligence boots up. "Greetings, I have no designation that could be called a name. My model is NE-VI-1107. As for addressing me, Computer is fine, unless you'd like to change my designation."

Bryke wrote:"Who or what created your programming?"

"I was designed by Gullron Yelth, a programmer for Naruni Enterprises."

Bryke wrote:"Do you have any likes or dislikes?"

"I am not programmed to have preferences, though if you want me to have them, I can program them for such."

Bryke wrote:"Can you link to my handheld and/or our teams handhelds so that we can take you with us so to speak- no matter where, when or how far we go?"

"I could communicate with your handhelds, but downloading would require a computer with high memory capacity. The range would be limited to a five hundred mile range."

Bryke wrote:Computer,” [INSERT computer’s name if it was given] “can you make sure my door does not open and I am only disturbed if there is an emergency

"I do not have the ability to affect the processes of the building proper, unless it's inside the Lab areas."

A short while later a chirp comes from Bryke's communicator. "Sir a package has arrived for you."

Bryke recieves a large sized box with a note attached.

Thraxus wrote:Bryke
It took my assistants a while to find this object from my collection. I acquired it from a retired gladiator on a distant world. Given you predilection for unarmed combat, you may find it of use.

Regards
Thraxus

In the box is this.
Qlu'Bar's Manica
Unique Enchanted Manica
M.D.C. by Location:
  • Arms: 200 each
Weight: 40 lbs.
Modifiers: -5% to skills that require fine manipulation.
Features:
  • Strength Enhancement: +10 to PS.
  • Cosmic Armor (As per spell at 4th level) 3/day (DB: 13 FotTG pg 120)
  • Targeted Deflection (As per the spell at 4th level) 3/day (BoM pg 114)
  • Hardened Knuckles: +1D6 Damage to punches.
Not valid for any setting but Phase World!
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Az Rael » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:43 am

Consumer wrote:The interim seconds are a blur as your physical selves fade from reality, losing all sense of feeling and thought, before abruptly returning. The two Sunaj stand on a windswept landing pad, a heavily modified garbage heap of a freighter taking up a major portion of pad 0115. Across the way is a building that resembles a cross between a pre-fab warehouse and a mansion. It sits on the far edges of pad 0114, and doe not seem to have any windows, though a few doors are obvious.

Well, this is our best lead yet. From the looks of it maybe another dead end. Taking a moment to get himself set after the transport Az Real takes in the scene the best he can. Although, if I was trying to stay lowkey this might be a great front. Who would think the big T would be associated with that clunker of a freighter.

"We need to find a place we can sit unnoticed." Az Real say to his partner, looking over his shoulder. "You see anything good?"

With his wits firmly back in order Az Real starts to scan the landscape for possible places they can camp out and watch the coming and goings without being easily spotted. If there is something obviously perfect he will immediately suggest they head over quickly.

If there doesn't seem to be a place to hide from prying eyes, "How long can you shadow meld? I have held it for 5-10 min, I don't think that's long enough for us to gather any more useful info."

Skill Rolls
Prowl 1d100 = 56 vs 50% (Move to the hiding location if there is one available.)
Surveillance 1d100 = 36 vs 50% (Looking around for places to hide or any other good stuff to identify.)
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 84 vs 55% (Looking for any traps while they move about so they don't set them off)
P.P.E.: 77 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 49%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 9 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Bryke » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Perception: 1d100+10 = 84
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 95

Bryke decides on the spot to call NE-VI 1107 Nevi.

Nevi is what I will address you as from here on out.” [Pronounced: Neh-Vee]

………………………..

After the conversation with Nevi, Bryke goes back to meditating before a chirp brings him out of it. He opens the package, reads the note from Thraxus and can hardly believe his eyes when he looks at Qlu’Bar’s Manica.

Qlu’Bar … you old dog… how could you?” Bryke says to himself, arms folded, holding it aloft telekinetically as it slowly turns this way and that. Looking for a very long time at the enchanted armor through eyes accustomed to seeing magic things, he takes in the craftsmanship, and warding, observes any dings and minute scratches, then he places it on himself. A zing rings out once it is on, and the sound of leather stretching, and rivets and joints shifting as the Qlu’Bar somehow wraps itself around Bryke like a sort of symbiote, and hugs him snugly.
Right, I won’t ever be without you either..’ Bryke thinks, he says a quiet thank you to the Forge, and with a smile goes back to meditating to replenish his magical storehouse.
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/180
ISP: 125/75
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:24 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2/50% (remember modifiers - listed on character sheet) critical success!
JIC 1d20: 1d20 = 13 / JIC 1d100: [1d100 = 58
No changes to conditions or equipment placement.

Consumer wrote:The interim seconds are a blur as your physical selves fade from reality, losing all sense of feeling and thought, before abruptly returning. The two Sunaj stand on a windswept landing pad, a heavily modified garbage heap of a freighter taking up a major portion of pad 0115. Across the way is a building that resembles a cross between a pre-fab warehouse and a mansion. It sits on the far edges of pad 0114, and doe not seem to have any windows, though a few doors are obvious.

That's always a fun experience. Érebos looks around at the area and blinks at the freighter a few times. Not too impressive a ship - especially for a group under Thraxus' employ. Could we have been sent to the wrong pad?

He looks around for any markings that identify the pad (signs, etc.). Upon confirmation, he shrugs his shoulders. Reminds me of an old Pre-Rifts movie with a beat up starfreighter - it looked like junk, but was deceptively fast. What was the name of that film... Star Battles? Something like that...

He drifts off in thought for a moment before snapping back to the present.

Well, we've found their supposed location... but no one in sight. Still, they've probably already noticed our arrival.

Az Rael wrote:
"We need to find a place we can sit unnoticed." Az Real say to his partner, looking over his shoulder. "You see anything good?"

"I'd be sorely disappointed with this group if we haven't already been noticed, my shadowy friend," says the Shadow Mage as he instinctively seeks out darker areas so as not to be so exposed in the lights of the landing pad.

If he notices a more shadowy area (as opposed to one that just has them standing around exposed), he will point in that direction and start walking toward it.

Az Rael wrote:If there doesn't seem to be a place to hide from prying eyes, "How long can you shadow meld? I have held it for 5-10 min, I don't think that's long enough for us to gather any more useful info."

"Now may not be the best time to Meld, Az Rael. We've likely already got eyes - if not weapons - trained on us, if these 'Rogues' are worth anything. Which, gathering from the little info we do have, they should not be dismissed lightly."

Now what? We're sitting around... basically loitering... with no plan to infiltrate this group other than walk up to them and knock?

He frowns for a minute.

Maybe that's actually the best approach - the direct one. Reports are that they're down a few members. Perhaps we can assist?

"What do you think of a more direct approach? Reaver did tell us they're down to just a few members, so they must be in need of fresh blood... " he says thoughtfully.

It may be the best chance we've got...
Érebos, AKA "Nicodemus Obelius", AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 39/39
P.P.E.: 142/204

Current Conditions:Shadow Skin: 58:00 min remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 8:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 18:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 58:00 min remaining; Shadow Senses: 10 min remaining; Shadow Meld: 16:00 min remaining

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:41 am

***Rolls Carried***

Érebos wrote:"I'd be sorely disappointed with this group if we haven't already been noticed, my shadowy friend," says the Shadow Mage as he instinctively seeks out darker areas so as not to be so exposed in the lights of the landing pad.

"Well, Reaper did say the crew was seriously in need of help. We don't know what condition they are in. It would be disappointing indeed but we may well be walking around unnoticed."Az Real replies while still looking around trying to take in as much detail he can of their surroundings. Although I agree with you, something inside me just feels like we have eyes on us.

Érebos wrote:"Now may not be the best time to Meld, Az Rael. We've likely already got eyes - if not weapons - trained on us, if these 'Rogues' are worth anything. Which, gathering from the little info we do have, they should not be dismissed lightly."

"Our current information is of who they were, which may or may not still hold true. Look at this garbage scow! What do you think they do with that. Heck, they might not even be here." Az Rael says as he points to the ship. Maybe we say we are here to by this damn thing. Cant be expensive, I mean look it. With that internalized thought Az Rael spins toward the building.

Érebos wrote:"What do you think of a more direct approach? Reaver did tell us they're down to just a few members, so they must be in need of fresh blood... " he says thoughtfully.

"I was just thinking a similiar thought, we could approach them and ask about the ship." looking over his shoulder he points back at the ship quickly. "Or, we go for the front door." as he turns back to the building.

What ever we tell them, it has to be plausible. It has to be able to last if we end up spending any time here. No, not purchasing this failing frigate. How do we maintain that? If only Reaper's "intelligence" had given us more. Az Rael thinks to himself with a slight internal chuckle at the thought of Reaper and intelligence together. What is the man thinking sending us out here with little to know facts? Does he have a hidden agenda? Does someone else? Az Rael eyes open just a little bit at his latest thought that the Sunaj pair could be pawns at the moment. It wasnt something he would put past Sunaj leadership either. I control my destiny, not them.

"Screw it, we have no plan, no direction, no intelligence to really go by. Direct it is! Lets do this!" he says with a pat on shrouds shoulder and starts walking toward the building.

+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:04 pm

Erebus & Az Rael
Skill Rols
Az Rael:
Prowl: You feel like your well hidden behind a few crates.
Surveillance: There are a few empty shipping crates and a fuel tank, there is also the ship struts.
Detect Ambush: Looks clear.

Az Rael takes a few moments to look around and decides to hide behind a few shipping crates. The conversation between Erebus and Az Rael is comical with One poorly hiding behind crates while the other stands in the open of a fairly clear landing pad. After a few moment of nothing happening, Az Rael decides to just approach the door.

The door is a secure metal door recessed into the wall. a keypad is on the right hand side of the door frame. An obvious call button is marked on the pad. a quick tap of the button yields a beep, several moments later the door slides open. Allowing the pair to enter the foyer. In the foyer is a desk with an humanoid suited in a Naruni body armor, two ceiling mounted turrets track the pair at the door. "Please come in and state your business."

Bryke
Bryke sits comfortably in his new quarters, though sparsely furnished. Bryke feels the ebb and flow of energy as he meditates, a sort of peace flowing over him. this is all shattered by a beeping noise. "Master Bryke, there is a pair of men who have just arrived. Were you expecting anyone?"
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Vortigern » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 56/33
JIC: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d20 = 2

What is that? Has not this beleaguered city had enough trouble?

Vortigern pauses in his ablutions as the buzzing begins and takes his attention briefly. He dries his face with a towel before moving on to the rest of himself as he reaches over to tap an acknowledgement button on a nearby comm-panel, awaiting further information being displayed/vocalized as he moves quickly to dress himself. In smooth motions he begins to don his clothing, proceeding up to gambeson and accouterments before stepping to inspect his armor and weapons.

Uninvited Company? Hmm. Yet of what nature and provenance? Hard to say.

Vortigern pauses before donning armor and the like to step back up to the comm-panel and toggle a few further controls to open a voice channel with the entrance guard post. "Please bid our guests a warm welcome and good day. If, in the aftermath of all of the recent troubles in Center, they are in any need or suffering any privation we will gladly address their needs in a safe and secure way. I will make ready to greet them myself and be along in a few minutes. In the interim please provide all reasonable hospitality and refreshment while maintaining the security of the facility. Be wary, our guests may be lingering invaders seeking purchase or refugees seeking aid either one." he says, before muting his transmission and proceeding to more quickly don his armor and weaponry before leaving his quarters and heading to the entryway. On the way he will gather Varya and Carbunckle and have them accompany him, ready for any possible conflict.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180

Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)

Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160

Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Perception 1d100 = 30 vs 49%
JIC 1d20 = 12 and 1d100 = 13

Consumer wrote:Erebus & Az Rael

Az Rael takes a few moments to look around and decides to hide behind a few shipping crates. The conversation between Erebus and Az Rael is comical with One poorly hiding behind crates while the other stands in the open of a fairly clear landing pad. After a few moment of nothing happening, Az Rael decides to just approach the door.

The door is a secure metal door recessed into the wall. a keypad is on the right hand side of the door frame. An obvious call button is marked on the pad. a quick tap of the button yields a beep, several moments later the door slides open. Allowing the pair to enter the foyer. In the foyer is a desk with an humanoid suited in a Naruni body armor, two ceiling mounted turrets track the pair at the door. "Please come in and state your business."

Walking into the door Az Rael takes the initiative to reply to the sentry in a calm fashion mustering his most charismatic presnece. "Hello sir, I hope the day is treating you well. My name is Alex and my friend and I are seeking employment. Is there someone available we can talk with?" The closer we stay to the truth the easier we will be able to maintain cover. I hope shroud agrees.

Invoke Trust 1d100 = 17 vs 60%

After his reply he looks up at the pair of turrets currently bearing down on him and his friend, I guess they don't get too many friendly visitors, he thinks to himself then looks back at the sentry as to acknowledge the security, "If there is a better time we can come back."

Az Rael turns to Shroud and says in whisper, "What is that guys name again? Tony Romo? Troy Aikman?" Afterwards he scans the room for any other entrances and exits making sure he is fully understands where trouble might come from.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Bryke » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:52 am

Perception: 1d100+10 = 81
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 17
Initiative: 1d20 = 17

@#$%@!!!,” Bryke curses under his breath about something to do with alien bloody ingrown anus something or others. Slightly perturbed, Bryke talks to the computer, “Nevi, can you show me these beings that would disturb me while I am recharging?”

Where is everyone, surely Sorrenson, and/or Vortigern are back by now?

Bryke holds the image of where he wants to displace to and then phases to the place where he can meet the rude new guest(s).

Phase Teleportation: 1d100 = 37 | 76%
Last edited by Bryke on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 14/33
JIC: 1d100 = 76
JIC: 1d20 = 17

Vortigern finishes donning his armor and kit, pulling his cloak around him, and then exits his quarters to head towards the entrance to the Rogues Facility. The high tech opulence of his surroundings doesn't seem to get much attention from him as he moves, barely registering as his curiosity about the new arrivals grows. Momentarily he walks out of the inner passages of the compound into entry control point where the guests and guard are present.

Here is hoping that these are neither creditors nor solicitors. he thinks to himself wryly.

Once he stands before the new arrivals Vortigern pauses briefly before giving a half-bow accented by splaying his hands before him. Stepping forward once this is complete his manner seems easy enough yet with something of a formality within it. "Gentlemen, welcome. I am Sir Vortigern Taerea, formerly of Iyancine. Whatever your business first I should say that given the unusual and dire nature of the circumstances the city has just endured be assured you that if you have any genuine privation or need, we here will be ready to aid you. Yet, for the same reason, I must insist on strict security while we come to terms regardless of how inhospitable it may seem. I am certain that you understand and that I can rely upon your forbearance. That aside, is there a particular reason for your visit today? Perhaps some refreshments would be both apt and welcome?"
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Varya

Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 am

*** Rolls Held ***

Vortigern wrote:Once he stands before the new arrivals Vortigern pauses briefly before giving a half-bow accented by splaying his hands before him. Stepping forward once this is complete his manner seems easy enough yet with something of a formality within it. "Gentlemen, welcome. I am Sir Vortigern Taerea, formerly of Iyancine. Whatever your business first I should say that given the unusual and dire nature of the circumstances the city has just endured be assured you that if you have any genuine privation or need, we here will be ready to aid you. Yet, for the same reason, I must insist on strict security while we come to terms regardless of how inhospitable it may seem. I am certain that you understand and that I can rely upon your forbearance. That aside, is there a particular reason for your visit today? Perhaps some refreshments would be both apt and welcome?"

Sir, is this guy a Knight or something. I wonder if this is the official greeter or something. Az Rael thinks to himself. "I believe we completely understand any hesitation or security concerns at a time like this." Az Real says to Sir Vortigen. He offers the man his hand as a greeting and shakes it firmly if the gentlemen receives it. "Good day, my name is Alex. As I was telling your sentry here, my associate and I are here for work. The word around center is you guys kick ass and we would like in. Would you be the appropriate person to talk with about this?"

Az Real backs up after shaking hands with Sir Vortigern and looks to Shroud to offer some input as well. "Did I cover it all my friend?"

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51 / 50% (bonsuses and penalties apply in some cases - see sig)
JIC d20: 1d20 = 17 JIC d100: 1d100 = 30
Gear/Equipment: No change in placement (weapons are in duffel bag, except "Gambler" pistol which is concealed)
Language?
I presume we are all speaking in Trade Four? Not one person has declared what languages they're speaking in for this encounter...

Az Rael wrote:"Our current information is of who they were, which may or may not still hold true. Look at this garbage scow! What do you think they do with that. Heck, they might not even be here." Az Rael says as he points to the ship.

"Screw it, we have no plan, no direction, no intelligence to really go by. Direct it is! Lets do this!" he says with a pat on shrouds shoulder and starts walking toward the building.

Always in a hurry, that one... thinks the Shadow Mage to himself, shaking his head with a scowl. This could be one short assignment if he doesn't slow down and take his time. Maybe I'll talk to him about that later. First, better tag along lest Mr. Hurry here gets us killed...

Consumer wrote:A quick tap of the button yields a beep, several moments later the door slides open. Allowing the pair to enter the foyer. In the foyer is a desk with an humanoid suited in a Naruni body armor, two ceiling mounted turrets track the pair at the door. "Please come in and state your business."

Just as Érebos opens his mouth to speak, Az Rael pipes up first:

Az Rael wrote:Walking into the door Az Rael takes the initiative to reply to the sentry in a calm fashion mustering his most charismatic presnece. "Hello sir, I hope the day is treating you well. My name is Alex and my friend and I are seeking employment. Is there someone available we can talk with?"

Bryke wrote:Bryke holds the image of where he wants to displace to and then phases to the place where he can meet the rude new guest(s).

Érebos' eyes widen as Bryke appears suddenly.

Someone to talk with? Perhaps the 14 foot Promethean you just attracted the attention of would qualify, Az? thinks the True Atlantean as he looks sideways at Az Rael. Prometheans are no joke. This was not well thought through - we just waltz up and knock on the door of a group who supposedly took on a demon planet? I know we discussed approaching directly, but... we had best tread carefully."

Az Rael wrote:Az Rael turns to Shroud and says in whisper, "What is that guys name again? Tony Romo? Troy Aikman?" Afterwards he scans the room for any other entrances and exits making sure he is fully understands where trouble might come from.

Érebos completely ignores Az Rael's Whisper attempt. Definitely will need to talk with him about this later. Not much surer way to put strangers ill at ease than to talk in a foreign language in front of them - much less a great way to attract the wrong kind of attention if someone already knows the Whisper language or has a means of deciphering it!

He mutters out a single word to Az Rael in response (in Greek, NOT Whisper): "Later."

Vortigern wrote:Once he stands before the new arrivals Vortigern pauses briefly before giving a half-bow accented by splaying his hands before him. Stepping forward once this is complete his manner seems easy enough yet with something of a formality within it. "Gentlemen, welcome. I am Sir Vortigern Taerea, formerly of Iyancine. Whatever your business first I should say that given the unusual and dire nature of the circumstances the city has just endured be assured you that if you have any genuine privation or need, we here will be ready to aid you. Yet, for the same reason, I must insist on strict security while we come to terms regardless of how inhospitable it may seem. I am certain that you understand and that I can rely upon your forbearance. That aside, is there a particular reason for your visit today? Perhaps some refreshments would be both apt and welcome?"

Ahh... thinks Érebos to himself. Now here is someone who presents himself as 'one in charge' - or at least, 'one in charge of greeting strangers who show up unannounced'!

Érebos's anxiety melts as he sees someone who can hopefully make sense out of this mess they're in with the 14 foot Promethean, a nervous guard, 2 Naruni plasma machine guns trained on them, and two Sunaj who are armed to the teeth (though their weapons are in their bags).

He decides to take the bull by the horns and directly address the person who seems to be in charge.

"Well met, good sir," replies the Aerihman sorcerer, reaching out an empty hand in a show of good will and to diffuse any pending stressful encounters.

"As my companion mentioned so eloquently, your reputation precedes you and, to be quite frank, we decided to seek you out ourselves to see if we could be part of it." He pauses for a moment, and decides to shift gears: "We hear you fought off a demon horde and lived to tell the tale, but are down some heads... and thought we might stop by to see if we could offer our assistance and see if we are a mutually good fit."

Opening hands are dealt... let's see how this plays out he says, while giving Az Rael a sideways glance and hoping he gets the hint to follow the presented lead.

Contingencies:

If Vortigern and the others seem receptive
After a momentary pause to let that bit of information sink in, the Shadow Mage continues: "I am Nicodemus Obelius. My Greek - speaking friend Alex and I have not come entirely empty-handed to seek opportunities with you, either. I am a sorcerer of a rare and lost tradition of the mystical arts, a pilot of sorts, and fancy myself as a bit of a marksman-in-training, among assorted other various talents and skills." He looks over at Az Rael and remarks, "I will let Alex do the talking as to what he brings to the table."

He then turns back to Vortigern, Bryke, and whomever else is listening: "So, where does that leave us? Do you think your band of Galactic Rogues could use two healthy, strong, and capable recruits?" he says, and waits expectantly for an answer.

I think we should hold the True Atlantean card for later, once we see more of where these Rogues' loyalties lie and how they perceive us.

If Vortigern and the other seem hostile
The Sunaj takes a step back toward the door, and quickly says, "Our mistake, perhaps we miscalculated. If you change your mind, you may reach us at <insert local hotel name here>. Now, please excuse the interruption and have a pleasant day."

With that, he will turn and head toward the exit.

Rolls

Invoke Trust (appear trustworthy and non-threatening): 1d100 = 36 / 45% Success!
Charm (get on their good side): 1d100 = 73 / 20%
Last edited by Érebos on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Status

Current Conditions:Shadow Skin: 58:00 min remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 8:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 18:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 58:00 min remaining; Shadow Senses: 10 min remaining; Shadow Meld: 16:00 min remaining

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

• Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Érebos

Postby Bryke » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:37 pm

-----Rolls Held Over------

The perturbed promethean phases into the conversation with Vortigern and Alex, at Vortigerns left and in his peripheral, just before their handshake. He listens as they speak and inconspicuously surveys Alex and the surroundings. While Alex is introducing himself Bryke makes sure to have Vortigerns’ attention, and looking him in the eye he gestures toward his own temple with his left hand, getures toward Vortigern, and then back to his own temple- the promethean sign for wanting to speak telepathically for the first time. A first time mingling of minds is somewhat an intimate thing, and Bryke is deliberate always when doing so.

The Time Master stands briefly at the door of Vortigerns mind, a distinct intention lets the summoner know the scent of Bryke’s telepathic presence, while simultaneously giving Vortigern a sort of secret code;

'It is I, Bryke, your new comrade, this is the “feel” of my voice, you now perceive my voice, another does not “smell” like me, and is not me. I am come to speak of only things that are good, therefore “hear” me presently.' OOC: I am meaning for this telepathic transmission to be without words and more-so feeling(s) and images.

GM Note: This isn't in the ability of the power Telepathy. Empathic Transmission, and Advanced Telepathy (Maybe) are more the lines of this. If you want to read surface thoughts, or speak to them, then that's okay. ~Consumer

That transmitted, Bryke thinks toward Vortigern, while standing tall and continuing to silently survey the area, ‘I see you have this well under control, [images of Vortigern with shield and sword in hand roll by] therefore I will leave you to it, no more interruptions I hope.’

With that Bryke returns to his quarters to meditate in the same way that he came.

Phase Teleportation: 1d100 = 51 | 71%
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 am

*** Rolls Held ***

The sudden appearance of the 14ft Promethean as Az Rael offers his hand to Vortigen is somewhat unnerving. Az Rael watches closely to see what interaction the Promethean may add to the current situation. As the Promethean gestures to Vortigen Az Rael thinks he understands, This must be the boss, Tony Romo. Look at him tell the other guy he is watching him. This other guy must be new or something. The as quickly as he appeared the Promethean disappears. Az Rael is almost internally assured that he is correct. Must be the boss. Shows up quickly, adds little and bounces. He must have just wanted to let him know he was still here and watching.

Shroud adds more detail to Az's introduction and does a great job at making Az Rael feel like he is being sincere. This guy has to feel good about us now. Good points to add. Az Rael waits for the Sir guy's response before adding and description on his own specialties. Let's see what he says and go from there. The Sunaj thinks to himself as he nonchalantly looks back at the door they came in. Better make sure we have a clean exit in case the boss was telling him to kill us.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Vortigern » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 pm

[Rolls Held]

Vortigern shakes hands affably with the two men when the opportunity is granted. His reaction as things proceed remains somewhat reserved though not unfriendly, his hands settling onto his belt as he listens. When Bryke gestures back and forth between the two Vortigern's reaction is concealed within his helmet and then the Promethean disappears once again. Vortigern refocuses on the new arrivals, quickly and smoothly, once again. Shifting his weight from one foot to the other he makes no attempt to conceal his weighing of the offer.

I must have a word with Bryke later. As for these prospects ... They are remarkably well informed. We have been back in port less than a day and they know both that, the state of our crew, and that we will be seeking new men it seems. Yet having sources and being of malign intent are not the same thing. And yet how to know if they are to be trusted? Men have been asking themselves that a very long time. They seem well enough, yet seeming and being are very different things.

"An interesting proposal. And I won't deny that we are soon to be recruiting. You are, I don't think it untoward to say, well informed. We have hardly been in port a day. Yet one might also find value in men of wherewithal enough to 'be' well informed. Especially under such dire circumstances as we have all found ourselves in here." he says, seeming to consider his next words visibly before gesturing to the door behind him. "Would you gentlemen care to have a seat as we discuss business? Yes. Let us discuss." he says. Turning he shifts and opens the doors to the conference room adjoining the entry control point and proceeds to walk around to the head of the table. There he swings the shield off of his back, leaning it gently against the table on the left-hand side just ahead of his seat. Sliding into his seat he weaves the haft of his axe to the side to keep the chair and it from trying to be in the same space. "Before we begin I believe I should warn you. I shall speak directly. Please do not take offense. I mean no discourtesy or lack of friendliness yet we needs must seek common ground and mutual interest, and quickly. The shorthanded nature of my crew it seems is known to you. And this and much else I intend to rectify directly, as I am assuming the Captaincy. I therefore must proceed between us with what I normally would consider an unseemly haste and lack of form." he says, pausing then to fold his hands on the table before him. "Master Nicodemus, your skills seem quite complimentary and acceptable if all is as described. Master Alex I would be curious for your estimation of your own qualifications as well. That aside I would normally seek to confer with references and the like at the very least. Yet today, with the state of the city that would appear less than feasible. So. We must find trust and accord by other means. You understand that joining such a crew as this is not a thing to be undertaken lightly? That this is, to put it mildly, much more than a job?"
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

Varya

Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Vortigern wrote:"An interesting proposal. And I won't deny that we are soon to be recruiting. You are, I don't think it untoward to say, well informed. We have hardly been in port a day. Yet one might also find value in men of wherewithal enough to 'be' well informed. Especially under such dire circumstances as we have all found ourselves in here." he says, seeming to consider his next words visibly before gesturing to the door behind him. "Would you gentlemen care to have a seat as we discuss business? Yes. Let us discuss." he says. Turning he shifts and opens the doors to the conference room adjoining the entry control point and proceeds to walk around to the head of the table. There he swings the shield off of his back, leaning it gently against the table on the left-hand side just ahead of his seat. Sliding into his seat he weaves the haft of his axe to the side to keep the chair and it from trying to be in the same space.

Az Rael follows the man into the conference room and has a seat at the table to his right. Discussion is good. Az Rael says as he sits down. I would much rather be speaking to the top guy but apparently we have to get through you first.

Vortigern wrote:"Before we begin I believe I should warn you. I shall speak directly. Please do not take offense. I mean no discourtesy or lack of friendliness yet we needs must seek common ground and mutual interest, and quickly. The shorthanded nature of my crew it seems is known to you. And this and much else I intend to rectify directly, as I am assuming the Captaincy. I therefore must proceed between us with what I normally would consider an unseemly haste and lack of form." he says, pausing then to fold his hands on the table before him. "Master Nicodemus, your skills seem quite complimentary and acceptable if all is as described. Master Alex I would be curious for your estimation of your own qualifications as well. That aside I would normally seek to confer with references and the like at the very least. Yet today, with the state of the city that would appear less than feasible. So. We must find trust and accord by other means. You understand that joining such a crew as this is not a thing to be undertaken lightly? That this is, to put it mildly, much more than a job?"

Wow, this guy sure does talk fancy. Did he say Captaincy? Maybe he is the second in charge. I don't feel so bad anymore, at least we arent talking to a lacky. Mr. Sir Vortigen, that is a very good question. We absolutely understand what we are getting ourselves into. Az Rael looks at Shroud and nods. My friend and I appreciate you candidness for sure. Straight talk is the best. In the interest of direct cander I must ask, wouldn't it be appropriate for the general to be in here as well? I appreciate you being a captain and all but I really dislike saying things twice. Az Rael feeling bold leans back in his chair.

As for my skills, you can say I am more of a utility player. I dabble in a bit of this and that. When it comes down to it I guess I am best at the sneaky stuff. The stuff you wouldnt want people to know you were involved in. I also like to make things go boom from time to time.

Hoping he didn't go to far in his attempt to impress Az Rael leans back foward. If we thought that this was just a job, we wouldn't have sought you out. Feeling satisfied he has answered the gentlemen's questions well, Az Rael looks around the room for doors, cameras and anything hidden that might be of danger to the Sunaj pair.

Surveillance 1d100 = 61 vs 50% - Looking for the items listed above.
Detect Ambush 1d100 = 75 vs 55% - Keeping aware of their surroundings.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Mini GM Update

The conference room is a simple affair, stark in its details, white and black with a long white table and several black chairs. A view screen along one of the long walls, and an electronic device in the center of the table.

As for refreshments, a simple black humanoid drone brings a tray of beverages, (Water, Wine, and Unidentifiable Juice) as well as a meat cheese and crackers.

Questions answered
Erebus, it is safe to say everyone is speaking in Trade 4 as it is the most prevalent language on Center.

Az Rael: You look and do not see any security cameras or hidden doors only the door you entered, which goes back into the foyer, and unless they have dimensional raiders hidden in null space, you're sure the room is free of ambushes.

Keep up the conversation, once some sort of consensus has been struck, I will move the group along to another time for shenanigans. ~Consumer.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Az Rael » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:37 am

Perception: 1d100 = 9
JIC: 1d20 = 6 and 1d100 = 42

Az Rael settles back a bit after he feels confident the only way in and out is the door they came in. Not very hard to keep an eye on one door.

Taking Vortigern's temporary silence as a sign that he is thinking over what Az Rael intejects, "Look, you have no reason to trust us. We have no reason to trust you. That is a given. So here we are at the perverbial crossroads." Heck, I wouldn't trust me at this point. Who could be expected to trust a complete stranger. Az Rael looks Sir Vortigern directly in the eyes at this point.

"Give us a chance, that's all we are asking. I don't expect the combo to your diary or anything like that. Keep an eye on us. Hell, given your reputation, if we get out of line you should have no problem kicking us to the curb. I dont believe you will ever feel the need to though." Az Rael extends his hand out to the gentlemen again. "This could be the begining of a beutiful friendship, you never know. What do you say?

Az Rael holds his hand out as an offering of peace and trust.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 90
JIC d20: 1d20 = 20
JIC d100: 1d100 = 82

No change in gear/placement.

Az Rael wrote: Az Rael intejects, "Look, you have no reason to trust us. We have no reason to trust you. That is a given. So here we are at the perverbial crossroads." Az Rael looks Sir Vortigern directly in the eyes at this point.

"Give us a chance, that's all we are asking. I don't expect the combo to your diary or anything like that. Keep an eye on us. Hell, given your reputation, if we get out of line you should have no problem kicking us to the curb. I dont believe you will ever feel the need to though." Az Rael extends his hand out to the gentlemen again. "This could be the begining of a beutiful friendship, you never know. What do you say?

Az Rael holds his hand out as an offering of peace and trust.

Well well well ... color me impressed! the Umbral Sorcerer thinks to himself whilst suppressing a smile. Nice diplomatic effort, 'Alex'

Nicodemus :wink: mirrors Alex with a smile and says to Sir Vortigern, "These days, it's easy for a man to think, 'how do I know I can trust him?' Allow me to suggest this simple truth: You don't. That's what trust is..."

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 92 (FML)
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Vortigern » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 62/33
JIC: 1d100 = 64
JIC: 1d20 = 9

Is there a commodity more precious, or more scarce, than Trust? And yet isn't that the nature of every other prized thing? Indeed.

Vortigern chuckles softly, his manner friendly, as the other two men reply. "Master Alex there is no General. I mean Captain in the, ah, nautical or space-faring sense. That of a ship. That will therefore be myself, and others in our fellowship members of the Crew of various positions and skills. And I believe your skills as described also would be quite beneficial to our enterprise." For a moment he sits with his hands folded on the conference table before him with an attentive, even measuring, manner. Then he nods briefly. "Very well Gentlemen. I believe we are of like mind. I should like you both to provide me with whatever references you have and how they may be contacted. I will make all reasonable inquiries, I am sure you understand. In the interim I am willing to take you on as Crewmen, provisionally, while we get a feel one for another. If we are agreed I will want your solemn oaths of fidelity and loyalty the Crew as a whole and myself as Captain. And I would offer you the same pledge in return. Shall we be brothers in arms?" he says, standing and offering his hand to each man as they (presumably) accept. His manner is warm, earnest, and yet completely and deadly serious. He is plainly not a man who takes his word, or that of others, lightly.

"A Most Impressive Man"
For your roleplaying reference as this seems the most appropriate moment for Vortigern to really pour on the charm etc.
MA: 28
PB: 24
Charm: 1d100 = 91/80
Impress: 1d100 = 37/80
Trust: 1d100 = 34/94
Intimidate: 1d100 = 42/94
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

Varya

Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:44 pm

**Rolls Held**

”Mr. Vortigern, I understand and respect your insistence on references. If you must have the to verify our integrity then I give you these three. Seek them out and hopefully what you receive is satisfying for you.” Az Rael look around for a piece of paper and pen and writes the following down.

Captain Antonio Baroni (Captain of the Elusive Dream)
Bowen Hildegard (Executive Officer of the Yellow Kingdom)
Jameel Fitz (Technician; Taris Seven)

After he finishes writing the game information down, he pushes the paper to Vortigern. ”I’m sure they will all have nothing but good things to say.”

I wonder if he will accept that I provided him references or if he intends to contact each one directly. Az Rael wonders to himself.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Bryke » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 67
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 23

Her gaze ever present, even while alone in thought. The Promethean's mind drifts off to the days of his captivity. Old habits hard to break, he finds himself in a state of unrest, just between sleep and being awake- which as luck would always have it is the perfect mind to be in for meditation. Thoughts fly in seemingly not from self, but instead some invisible trickster, things the supernatural being can not control, yet has learned to navigate. They fly in, (the thoughts) Bryke observes, then the thoughts fade away into an ocean of blackness. The Time Master can not help but think of all that has transpired in such a short span of time, the loss of so many of his kin, and citizens of his home world. Comrades lost on the battlefield, or motivated by providence to leave "The Rogues." 'Where to now?' comes the question. It lingers, like a live thing staring back, curious at what Brykes answer might be. Bryke observes this one for a long while, finally it too fades to black. Energies begin to return, he observes, and then continues on...

Bryke does not stir. It is priority for him to replenish his magical and psychic storehouses. Solitary meditation persists.
Last edited by Bryke on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:24 am

**rolls held**
Vortigern wrote:Vortigern chuckles softly, his manner friendly, as the other two men reply. "Master Alex there is no General. I mean Captain in the, ah, nautical or space-faring sense. That of a ship. That will therefore be myself, and others in our fellowship members of the Crew of various positions and skills. And I believe your skills as described also would be quite beneficial to our enterprise." For a moment he sits with his hands folded on the conference table before him with an attentive, even measuring, manner. Then he nods briefly. "Very well Gentlemen. I believe we are of like mind. I should like you both to provide me with whatever references you have and how they may be contacted. I will make all reasonable inquiries, I am sure you understand. In the interim I am willing to take you on as Crewmen, provisionally, while we get a feel one for another. If we are agreed I will want your solemn oaths of fidelity and loyalty the Crew as a whole and myself as Captain. And I would offer you the same pledge in return. Shall we be brothers in arms?" he says, standing and offering his hand to each man as they (presumably) accept. His manner is warm, earnest, and yet completely and deadly serious. He is plainly not a man who takes his word, or that of others, lightly.

Érebos suppresses the urge to smile at Vortigern's honeyed words and charismatic disposition.

This one could sell sand in a desert he thinks to himself. It is no small wonder he is the leader - he has a way with others.

He watches "Alex" voice his reply, and follows suit.

"I, too, have references for your consideration. Two of them are the same sources as Alex here - after all, we worked together under Captain Baroni and with XO Hildegard. As for my third reference, you may contact a Mr. Sahir Bacri, who is a dock hand at the Ervis 4 Shipyard. I have no doubt they will give competent assessments," he says, as he rises and shakes Vortigern's hand with a firm grip.

"So, it is agreed then. We will join as provisional members until such time as you deem us worthy to be full Crew, while we see if we are a good fit for your group. Where are the rest of the members? I saw a Promethean briefly come in - is he part of the Crew as well, or security? I was told there might be a Mr.... Holt, a former CAF officer?" he asks.

The Shadow Mage scans the room quickly, paying special attention to the optics systems that are present.

Skill Rolls
Optics Systems (cameras, recording equipment, laser/infrared detection equipment, etc) to get a feel for how paranoid the Rogues are. 1d100 = 17 / 42% Success!
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:54 am

Seeing Shroud rise, At Rael follows suit. He says in Greek, ”Courage is knowing what not to fear. Az Rael takes Vortigern’s hand firmly, and says (in trade 4) ”I have no doubt the fledgling relationship will give birth to years of success and prosperity for all of us. I look forward to the day you fully consider us comrades and friends.”

After the formalities are over Az Rael stretches about seemingly to shake off the bit of tension held while negotiating their way into the new crew. He pats shroud on the shoulder and says to him, ”This is no doubt the dawn of a new day.

He looks back at Votigern and says, ”Where might we be able to settle in and wash up? It’s been a while since our battles as well and I would truly appreciate a hot shower.”

A hot shower, a good meal and then getting to know group. Az Rael thinks to himself while smiling and looking between Shroud and Vortigern nodding his head in acceptance of their new arrangement.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Vortigern » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 97/33
JIC: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 15

An interesting pair. And was that Greek?

Vortigern takes up his shield and slings it around on his back when the handshakes are complete. "Very well. It seems the formal swearing is a thing not often practiced here. We'll seal the bargain another way." he says. Pushing his seat forward he then moves to the exit of the conference room and begins leading both men deeper into the facility and upstairs. He speaks as they go to the computer, referring to it as "Hearth Spirit", instructing it to register both new arrivals as 'friendlies', assign them quarters, and given them provisional crew member status. Going upstairs he leads them to (Room 13) the cantina. From there he makes sure they know how to access their rooms, the common facilities and such, before returning the cantina.

Standing at the bar he pulls out nine shot glasses that he puts into three groups of three, one set obviously intended for each man. Slipping off his gauntlets and helmet he unfastens the ventail of his coif and pushes it back to reveal his face with a wry smile. "This is Rashad Infused Bourbon, from my homeland. It is said to bring insight and truth. To reveal the forsworn. Render future visions. And ... is pretty good tipple besides." he says, chuckling to himself as he pours from a dark and dusty bottle a shot in each small glass. "Now, gentlemen, we shall drink together! And swear on our common bond with each glass. That we share each thing as it is invoked." he says as he finishes pouring.

Vino Veritas!
Rashad can be found on Western Empire, page 168. Hope you aren't afraid of a little trip?

Lifting a glass he toasts with a smile. "Honor." he says, before downing his first shot at the same time as the others. Then slamming his glass back upside down on the bar he then immediately takes up the second and lifts for a second toast. "Fortune." he intones, before repeating the process. The final oath, lifting his glass, is intoned with solemn seriousness. "Fate." After he lowers the final glass to the bar he spreads his arms wide with a smile. "Welcome to the Crew. Hearth Spirit, log our new brothers now active on the Account. Able Crewman, entitled one full share of any commission, prize, or bounty."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

Varya

Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:58 pm

perception 1d100 = 100 / 50%
Jic (20) 1d20 = 7
Jic (100) 1d100 = 26

Az Rael wrote:After the formalities are over Az Rael stretches about seemingly to shake off the bit of tension held while negotiating their way into the new crew. He pats shroud on the shoulder and says to him, ”This is no doubt the dawn of a new day.

The Shadow Mage nods at "Alex".

Let's hope it's a good day, then he thinks.

Vortigern wrote:Vortigern takes up his shield and slings it around on his back when the handshakes are complete. "Very well. It seems the formal swearing is a thing not often practiced here. We'll seal the bargain another way." he says. Pushing his seat forward he then moves to the exit of the conference room and begins leading both men deeper into the facility and upstairs.

"Nicodemus" looks at the humanoid in full armor curiously.

Swearing? He ignored my questions about other members... and the 'Holt' person as well. Hmm...

He hesitates for a moment when the humanoid clanks around and up the stairs, and looks genuinely puzzled.

Does he not feel safe enough in his own facility to remove the armor? Should we then be expected to feel safe? This gets stranger and stranger... Or, perhaps he is a strange 'Borg of some sort...? thinks the Umbral Sorcerer as he follows the armored humanoid while raising an eyebrow at "Alex".

Vortigern wrote:He speaks as they go to the computer, referring to it as "Hearth Spirit", instructing it to register both new arrivals as 'friendlies', assign them quarters, and given them provisional crew member status. Going upstairs he leads them to (Room 13) the cantina. From there he makes sure they know how to access their rooms, the common facilities and such, before returning the cantina.

Hearth Spirit? How peculiar... this 'Sir Vortigern' is an odd one indeed... I wonder where he is from? he thinks.

Vortigern wrote:Standing at the bar he pulls out nine shot glasses that he puts into three groups of three, one set obviously intended for each man. Slipping off his gauntlets and helmet he unfastens the ventail of his coif and pushes it back to reveal his face with a wry smile.

Ahh, finally - the voice behind the helmet takes a shape. Looks like a human - so far. That, or perhaps a partial reconstruction 'Borg...

Vortigern wrote: "This is Rashad Infused Bourbon, from my homeland. It is said to bring insight and truth. To reveal the forsworn. Render future visions. And ... is pretty good tipple besides." he says, chuckling to himself as he pours from a dark and dusty bottle a shot in each small glass. "Now, gentlemen, we shall drink together! And swear on our common bond with each glass. That we share each thing as it is invoked." he says as he finishes pouring.

'Rashad Infused Bourbon' - Rashad... Érebos racks his brain trying to see if he's heard of the substance before. Can't say I've ever heard of it... well, bottom's up, I suppose? I hope it's not too potent - need to keep my wits about me.

="Vortigern"]Lifting a glass he toasts with a smile. "Honor." he says, before downing his first shot at the same time as the others. Then slamming his glass back upside down on the bar he then immediately takes up the second and lifts for a second toast. "Fortune." he intones, before repeating the process. The final oath, lifting his glass, is intoned with solemn seriousness. "Fate." After he lowers the final glass to the bar he spreads his arms wide with a smile. "Welcome to the Crew. Hearth Spirit, log our new brothers now active on the Account. Able Crewman, entitled one full share of any commission, prize, or bounty."

Érebos follows Vortigern's gestures and drinks when he does, trying to take in this odd person and his customs.

If he's the leader, it's best to stay on his good side and do as he says until told otherwise...

"We - and I think I speak for both of us here," he says, as he glances over at Az Rael before continuing, "are looking forward to seeing the fruits borne of this seed of partnership sown here today, friend. Tell me, if I may ask - where are you from? Your customs are unfamiliar with me, as is the armor you are wearing."
Last edited by Érebos on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:51 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52
JIC: 1d20 = 20 and 1d100 = 59

Az Rael follows Vortigern around the building taking in as much as he can as they make their way through. This place is a far cry front what it seems from the outside. He thinks to himself as they go. Walking along in silence he makes as many mental notes as he can. I’m sure there will be plenty of time to learn all about this place.

When they reach the bar and Vortigern start pulling out shot glasses Az Rael smiles. Maybe this guy isn’t as stiff as he seems. ”Now this is how you seal a deal!” he says to Vortigern as he lines up the shots.

Vortigern wrote:"This is Rashad Infused Bourbon, from my homeland. It is said to bring insight and truth. To reveal the forsworn. Render future visions. And ... is pretty good tipple besides." he says, chuckling to himself as he pours from a dark and dusty bottle a shot in each small glass. "Now, gentlemen, we shall drink together! And swear on our common bond with each glass. That we share each thing as it is invoked." he says as he finishes pouring.

”Yes sir!” he replies to Vortigern.

Vortigern wrote:Lifting a glass he toasts with a smile. "Honor." he says, before downing his first shot at the same time as the others. Then slamming his glass back upside down on the bar he then immediately takes up the second and lifts for a second toast. "Fortune." he intones, before repeating the process. The final oath, lifting his glass, is intoned with solemn seriousness. "Fate." After he lowers the final glass to the bar he spreads his arms wide with a smile. "Welcome to the Crew. Hearth Spirit, log our new brothers now active on the Account. Able Crewman, entitled one full share of any commission, prize, or bounty."

Following suit after each Toast Az Rael takes the shots one by one. After Vortigern finishes the last toast Az Rael adds, ”To you sir, truer virtues where never spoken of. To your god, Hearth Spirit, may he bring us luck and good fortune. Most of all good sir, to trust. The kind of trust you place in the dearest friends and the truest of comrades. May this relationship blossom and give birth to the baddest crew the three galaxies have ever seen.”

Az Rael puts the last glass down, looks around and asks, ”Where is your friend, the promethean? Is he just security?”

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Vortigern » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:55 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 20/33
JIC: 1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d20 = 6

Vortigern splays his hands toward Erebos after finishing the oath-taking, giving a somewhat regretful expression as he continues speak. "As for Holt, the former Captain, I suppose there is no harm in telling you that he went missing during our assault of Kormal, the Demon Planet. It is unfortunate to be sure. He was a skilled and worthy brother in arms. We do not know his fate yet currently we must presume the worst I believe." he says, giving a shake of his head that shows he is not fond of that fact. "The state of the Crew is in flux at the moment. We will need to do some recruiting. Captain Holt was not our only casualty and we have had some leave our Account after our last mission as well. The Promethean and I may be the only ones to remain. Trying times. Yet the legacy of the company and Crew will endure." he says, giving a solid look back to show he is confident in his words. "As for myself. My home lies in another dimension that seems quite distantly located to this one. Remote and difficult to access. A place of high civilization and deep mystical accomplishment yet without having explored the extensive and high artifice of this land." he says, reaching up to stroke his beard thoughtfully. "I hail from the Western Empire which is the cradle and bastion of Humanity and Human Civilization in that world. Specifically a province called Lower Barraduk where many trade routes both land and sea converge, ruled by my great uncle Lord Jarvin. My father is an under-lord to him holding one of the way-fortresses that secure our family seat the coastal city of Iyancine. Or at least such was the state of things when I left home. It has been ... some time. I haven't had occasion to return. I just buy some of the things from home I see in the Warlock Market on occasion."

Turning towards Az Rael Vortigern shakes his head a moment. "I am glad you approve! Ah, the Promethean is named Bryke. He is a member of the Crew, yet I can not say I know him well. He has his own way and manner and seems not always to be interested in the affairs of others." he says, then as things continue he seems amused. "My God? Well I mean no offense to the grand artifice which gives us the Hearth Spirit, but I do not believe it is divine. In truth I suppose for genuine divinity I look to Thoth, Mercury, and Anhur, more than any others. What of yourself? All gods are welcome in adversity, eh? I am sure you know what I mean."
Last edited by Vortigern on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 48/49%
JIC: 1d20 = 17 & 1d100 = 43

The promethean is part of the team huh. Pretty powerful ally. This could be good. Az Rael thinks to himself. Settling in and feeling a little loose after the toasts he comfortably looks around the room. Sir captain's got himself a background. Wow, couple more of these and I might start singing my own tune."

"Which room is the big guys?" Az Rael asks out loud assuming Vortigern knows he is speaking to him. "Let's go say hello and formally introduce ourselves. Heck, Im sure he wants to toast too." Az Rael looks back at the table to see if any Vortigern has filled any more shot glasses.

"You got any more of that Captain? I'm feeling good." he says in a final swerve back toward the crew room. Az Rael starts knocking on doors, obviously inebriated, loudly calling, "Hey Bryke! Bryke come on out! It's a party"

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 21 / 50% (see mods)
JIC 20: 1d20 = 13
JIC 100: 1d100 = 19
No changes in gear

Vortigern wrote:Vortigern splays his hands toward Erebos after finishing the oath-taking, giving a somewhat regretful expression as he continues speak. "As for Holt, the former Captain, I suppose there is no harm in telling you that he went missing during our assault of Kormal, the Demon Planet. It is unfortunate to be sure. He was a skilled and worthy brother in arms. We do not know his fate yet currently we must presume the worst I believe." he says, giving a shake of his head that shows he is not fond of that fact. "The state of the Crew is in flux at the moment. We will need to do some recruiting. Captain Holt was not our only casualty and we have had some leave our Account after our last mission as well. The Promethean and I may be the only ones to remain. Trying times. Yet the legacy of the company and Crew will endure." he says, giving a solid look back to show he is confident in his words.

The Shadow Mage nods somberly as Sir Vortigern relates Holt’s unknown fate.

”A most unfortunate situation. Who can know what becomes a man in such hellish places?” he says, noting the expressions on Sir Vortigern’s face as he relays the tale.

The man appears to show genuine concern for other crew members... this is one sign of a good leader.

”Has a rescue been planned, or is one even feasible?” he asks Sir Vortigern, suspecting it not likely given the unknown disposition of Holt, but wanting to show the man his sense of crew loyalty early.

Vortigern wrote:"As for myself. My home lies in another dimension that seems quite distantly located to this one. Remote and difficult to access. A place of high civilization and deep mystical accomplishment yet without having explored the extensive and high artifice of this land." he says, reaching up to stroke his beard thoughtfully. "I hail from the Western Empire which is the cradle and bastion of Humanity and Human Civilization in that world. Specifically a province called Lower Barraduk where many trade routes both land and sea converge, ruled by my great uncle Lord Jarvin. My father is an under-lord to him holding one of the way-fortresses that secure our family seat the coastal city of Iyancine. Or at least such was the state of things when I left home. It has been ... some time. I haven't had occasion to return. I just buy some of the things from home I see in the Warlock Market on occasion."

Another dimension... thinks Érebos as he wracks his brain once again, utilizing all of the information that Sir Vortigern provided.

Skill Roll: Lore: Dimensions (see if any of the clues to Vortigern’s origin ring any bells) - 1d100 = 21/37%
Success!

Vortigern wrote:Turning towards Az Rael Vortigern shakes his head a moment. "I am glad you approve! Ah, the Promethean is named Bryke. He is a member of the Crew, yet I can not say I know him well. He has his own way and manner and seems not always to be interested in the affairs of others." he says, then as things continue he seems amused.

A strong addition indeed. Prometheans are not to be trifled with. Will have to be careful with him as well.

Vortigern wrote:"My God? Well I mean no offense to the grand artifice which gives us the Hearth Spirit, but I do not believe it is divine. In truth I suppose for genuine divinity I look to Thoth, Mercury, and Anhur, more than any others. What of yourself? All gods are welcome in adversity, eh? I am sure you know what I mean."

Az Rael wrote:"Which room is the big guys?" Az Rael asks out loud assuming Vortigern knows he is speaking to him. "Let's go say hello and formally introduce ourselves. Heck, Im sure he wants to toast too." Az Rael looks back at the table to see if any Vortigern has filled any more shot glasses.

"You got any more of that Captain? I'm feeling good." he says in a final swerve back toward the crew room. Az Rael starts knocking on doors, obviously inebriated, loudly calling, "Hey Bryke! Bryke come on out! It's a party"

Amused as well at Az Rael’s assumption, the Umbral Sorcerer decides to kick back and enjoy the interaction.

This should be interesting... he thinks with a smile.

I hope my shadowy companion doesn’t get TOO inebriated.. there is a fine line between a toast and going overboard, and we want to make a good impression on our new friends... he thinks, raising an eyebrow at the Shadow Assassin and hoping Az Rael notices.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:01 pm

**Rolls Held**

”My god!” exclaims Az Rael as a small green man begins to materialize in the corner of the large room. He turns back toward the other two men. ”My god.” he says again not so boldly as the first time. He gets a quick glance at Shroud giving him the mother knows best eyes. ”My god?” once again comes out if his mouth more inquisitively this time.

”Yeah, no, nope. None of those for me really. Never really had one answer a request. Been pretty solo on the god scene as of late.” he says nonchalantly. ”Sorry to hear about the Tony guy.” he says as he turns back to look to see if the green guy was still there. Sure enough standing in the corner of the big room he was still there, less etherial now.

I thought he said it was just him and the promethean now. AZ Rael thinks to himself as he stares at the small green man with pointed ears. ”These are happy times today fellas, not time to dwell in the past. Let’s talk about all the great things we will do and leave the mourning of the fallen for more somber days. he says while still staring at the strange creature in the corner.

Az Rael turns and looks at Votigern directly and says, ”I thought it was just you and the big guy, when were you going to introduce us to the quiet guy in the corner over there?

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:29 pm

**rolls held**

Az Rael wrote:”These are happy times today fellas, not time to dwell in the past. Let’s talk about all the great things we will do and leave the mourning of the fallen for more somber days. he says while still staring at the strange creature in the corner.[/b]

Seems like he got the message... I feel... a bit tingly... and a little dizzy... thinks the Shadow Mage as the Rashad begins to affect him.

He reaches out to steady himself and...

What the hell?!? he thinks as he sees his fingers blur and spread out, moving almost in slow motion and leaving "trails"
of themselves behind them.

He shakes his head and looks at Sir Vortigern and Az Rael, wondering if he's the only one.

Az Rael wrote:Az Rael turns and looks at Votigern directly and says, ”I thought it was just you and the big guy, when were you going to introduce us to the quiet guy in the corner over there?

A rather silly grin forms on the face of Érebos as he relaxes and allows the Rashad to take hold.

Don't fight it... he hears from behind. He whirls around and sees an orange cat with a massive grin staring at him.

Érebos stares and blinks in amazement, and points his finger(s?) at the cat.

He tries to ask Sir Vortigern and AzRael if they can see it too -telepathically. After all, why use clumsy words when one can just transmit thoughts directly? he thinks to himself.

OOC Comments
Érebos does not have telepathy. He is hallucinating that he does. You guys just see him with presumably dilated pupils, a shit eating grin, and an awkward stance whole pointing at...
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:08 am

A sort of agreement has been made, and drinks have been consumed. Which leads to some unusual antics. Beside Érebos thinking he's telepathic and Az Rael seeing people who aren't there. The only thing that really happens is that Bryke is interrupted once more by the equivalent of drunk, acid tripping, serial killers.

Eventually the festivities end, and everyone passes out for the night (strange dreams abound). The next morning brings funny tastes and aches and pains. Welcome to a new day, were everything seems quiet in the Galactic Rogues headquarters.

Lore: Dimensions
Érebos vaguely remembers a backwater dimension that resembles what Vortigern is talking about. It is of little interest to spellcasters in general as it is a low magic dimension that lacks technology. The details Vortigern mentions are a bit too specific for Érebos to verify.

What are your intentions?

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Érebos » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73/50% ( &mods)
JIC (20) 1d20 = 1
JIC (100) 1d100 = 14

Confused by the lack of response to his telepathic questions, Érebos redoubles his efforts.
See Here
See the 1:00 mark of this clip to reveal the sort of concentrated focus Érebos is displaying: https://youtu.be/MmQ072OBgII

Unfortunately for him, the harder he tries, the weirder things get.

How dare they ignore me? Wait - Here, a series of narrowed, shifty-eyed darting glances ensues - What if they’re being controlled? Perhaps the cat is really the East Wind sent here to dominate our minds! he thinks, quickly entering panic mode.

”Rogues! It is a test! Do not let the East Wind dominate you! Channel the power of the teekindafties!!! Only the West Wind has the necessary gornickators to fildernot the nishkenblite!” exclaims the Shadow Mage excitedly.

Invoke Trust: 1d100 = 86/45%

Vaguely aware that what he is saying might not make sense to the others due to the East Wind cat’s domination, he whirls around again in a fighting stance to face his feline nemesis, only to find a cascading kaleidoscopic color show closing in around him.

What is happening to me...? he thinks as the walls of reality come tumbling down around him and he is catapulted into a multidimensional vortex of imagination, hallucination, and reality all mixed together not unlike the manner in which a child mixes paints together.

————

He wakes the next day, still reeling. What the...? Was that some sort of magic?

Skill Roll— Lore: Magic (to see if any spell or magic he has heard of matches the experience he had) 1d100 = 59/52% (general) & 36% (recognize enchantment)

As soon as he is able, the Shadow Mage then seeks out Sir Vortigern and asks him simply - ”Sir Vortigern - What was that substance?!”
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 16 and 1d100 = 51

The light begins to swirl in as Az Rael opens his eyes. Focus is damn near impossible so he closes them back again. Why is it so figgin bright out? he ponders internally. Pain pours into his head like a raging river and it beats steadily like a drum. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. Az Rael Rolls over and off whatever he was sleeping on only to hit the floor.

"What the hell happened last night, he exclaims out loud. Laying face down he tries to open his eyes again. With less light he is able to at least keep them open even though the focus is still minimal. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. His head still drumming away. That Vortigern must have given us some good stuff last night. I haven't felt like this in a long time.

Az Rael slowly rise to his feet and looks around to see if anyone is around. He calls out. "Where did everyone go? Did the party move and I wasn't aware of it? He makes his way down the hallway back to the mess hall to see if he can find something for his gargantuan headache. Along the way he make a personal pact, Note to self, never do shots with Vortigern again. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Vortigern » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/33
JIC: 1d100 = 73
JIC: 1d20 = 7

Vortigern wakes in the morning and emerges from his room clad only in a pair of loose black pants as he shoos a gaggle of half-clad female company along in their departure. Clearly he is somewhat feeling the effects of the previous night as he makes his way through to the small mess/galley in the HQ facility where he blearily goes about making his habitual hangover cure. One mug of dark beer enhanced with two raw eggs, bitters and spices, and a couple of magical potions later and the man is rapidly in better form. Next comes a pot of tea accompanied with cups, cookies, and fruit out of the auto-chef as he heads out to the recreation area and goes about seeking to wake up all and sundry while also clearing out the rest of the female company from wherever they happened to pass out or fall asleep. The women are treated gently as Vortigern ensures they find all of their things and are fully and correctly dressed before they depart with promises of invitations to the next affair, whenever that might be. Most wear clothing that speaks to living somewhere on Level One. Vortigern then seats himself on the couch before the holo-vid display, settling the tray onto the low table in front of the couch, and turning on a news channel. This channel focuses on the mercenary industry, the anchor a bright and cheerful young lady hired purely for the depth of her knowledge of the industry you understand, relays information regarding contracts, completion, the state of major mercenary companies and employers, and inter-galactic political developments and how they might affect contracts on offer.

Perhaps I should invite her to the next gathering. Yes indeed.

"Good morning gentlemen. If you didn't enjoy yourselves last night, I feel sorry for you." he says as he sips from his cup of tea. "Welcome to the Company. And I told you, my good sir, that it was Rashad Infused Bourbon. Rashad being the substance you are most interested in I believe. It appears I may have dipped you both a bit deeper in the pool than you were ready to swim. Perhaps we should try something a bit more tame next time." he says, his grin widening as he watches the clear discomfort in the others. "Should I have kept some of the ladies around to nurse you both back to health? I am sure several would have been quite willing."
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 49
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 16 and Original post: 1d100 = 51

Vortigern wrote:"Good morning gentlemen. If you didn't enjoy yourselves last night, I feel sorry for you." he says as he sips from his cup of tea. "Welcome to the Company. And I told you, my good sir, that it was Rashad Infused Bourbon. Rashad being the substance you are most interested in I believe. It appears I may have dipped you both a bit deeper in the pool than you were ready to swim. Perhaps we should try something a bit more tame next time." he says, his grin widening as he watches the clear discomfort in the others. "Should I have kept some of the ladies around to nurse you both back to health? I am sure several would have been quite willing."

Az Rael walks out of the Mess back into the living area to finds Sir Vorigern sitting on the couch looking lively and chipper ready for the day at hand. "Ladies, really?! What the heck did I miss? he says while Vortigern sits casually enjoying his tea. It seems I don't remember the best party of my young life so far. Sucks. BOOM Holding his head he looks at the table to see if there is anything there he might be interested in. "You got anything for a hangover on that tray? My Head is killing me." BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. Az Rael takes a seat next to Vortigern and tries to focus on the vid screen which seems to still be a little out of focus.

"Did I do anything I should feel ashamed about?"

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Vortigern » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Az Rael wrote:"Did I do anything I should feel ashamed about?"

Vortigern smirks slightly as he sips his tea, then shakes his head. "The ladies didn't seem to think so." he says, before setting his cup down and standing to walk back towards the mess. "And I have just the thing for what ails you my friend." he says. In the mess he prepares Az Rael the same concoction he just downed himself. A mug of cold beer with two raw eggs, bitters and spices, and a pair of mystery magic potions added. Stir liberally. Vortigern goes ahead and makes two of them and passes one to Az and the other to Erebos before going back to his tea. "Old family recipe from my Uncle. Like myself he was a non-inheriting son, as my father assumed the title and lands of our branch of the family. He spent many years seeking fortune and reputation as a mercenary in the East, and was largely the inspiration for me having done the same. He claimed to have won and lost several fortunes during his travels but eventually came home to aid my father with the troubles in our lands. And brought home this recipe from his travels." he says, looking thoughtful for a long moment as he shares the tale.

I wonder what has become of my kin, after so long away?
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Vortigern wrote:Vortigern goes ahead and makes two of them and passes one to Az and the other to Erebos before going back to his tea. "Old family recipe from my Uncle. Like myself he was a non-inheriting son, as my father assumed the title and lands of our branch of the family. He spent many years seeking fortune and reputation as a mercenary in the East, and was largely the inspiration for me having done the same. He claimed to have won and lost several fortunes during his travels but eventually came home to aid my father with the troubles in our lands. And brought home this recipe from his travels." he says, looking thoughtful for a long moment as he shares the tale.

I wonder what has become of my kin, after so long away?

Az Rael takes the cup, he looks down at it cautiosly. Oh man... He holds the cup for what seems like a long while. Whats the worst that could happen? He thinks to himself and ponders some pretty bad stuff.

Finally in one brave gulp he downs the concoction. "I appreciate this Vortigern. My head is killing me and I could use the releif. He puts the cup down on the table. "This place you speak of seems foreign to me. You seem to miss home very much. Are you looking to go back?

Az Rael kicks his feet up on the table and lays back. Finally feeling some releif in his head he is starting to feel comfortable. Is this really going to be home for a while? How long will reaper leave us here? Im starting to like this guy, I'm not sure I want to go back.

"So Captain, Do we have anything coming up. Nothing like a good outing to help build the bonds of trust." Starting to feel better Az Rael's eyes were growing brighter and his attitude more chipper.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38/ 50%
see perception modifiers here -->
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20) 1d20 = 8
JIC (100) 1d100 = 91

Vortigern wrote:"Good morning gentlemen. If you didn't enjoy yourselves last night, I feel sorry for you." he says as he sips from his cup of tea. "Welcome to the Company. And I told you, my good sir, that it was Rashad Infused Bourbon. Rashad being the substance you are most interested in I believe. It appears I may have dipped you both a bit deeper in the pool than you were ready to swim. Perhaps we should try something a bit more tame next time." he says, his grin widening as he watches the clear discomfort in the others.

Érebos tries to get a read on Sir Vortigern.

An interesting fellow, to say the least. A bit on the hedonistic side, judging by what I've seen so far - but, that isn't necessarily reflective of his suitability as a team mate, partner, or leader.

He nods at Sir Vortigern and says, "I don't know if I'd call it enjoyment or not. It was a reality-warping experience unlike any other I've had - and believe me when I say I've had some interesting experiences! It sounds like you have, as well. I am... still not quite sure what to make of it, truth be told."

The Shadow Mage seems distracted or preoccupied with something. Or, perhaps it is the aftereffects of last night's revelry?

This light... ugh... or maybe the Rashad lingers? he thinks as he squints.

"My eyes are unusually sensitive to light, and seem to be even moreso this morning. I hope you don't mind if i take the liberty... " he says, and proceeds to cast Shadow Mask upon himself, covering his head in a shadowy haze.

Shadow Mask
Range: Self or one other by touch
Duration: Twenty minutes per level (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: Standard (if resisted)
P.P.E.: Two (Shadow Mage)
This magic creates a shadowy haze that covers and conceals the person’s head and facial features. Even in light, the face appears as if a dark nylon stocking is pulled over the head. In shadow or darkness, the face appears to be completely obscured by a dark shadow, revealing no features at all – just a black silhouette.

Ahh, much better... at home in the shadows again... he smiles - not that anyone can tell.

Vortigern wrote:"Should I have kept some of the ladies around to nurse you both back to health? I am sure several would have been quite willing."

"I appreciate the offer, Captain. Maybe another time..."

At any rate, he does some stretches and minor calisthenics to "work the kinks out" and turns to "Alex", after the Shadow Assassin downs the concoction.

Rather trusting, isn't he? After last night... I hope the proportion is right this time. Best keep my wits about me today...

Az Rael wrote:"Did I do anything I should feel ashamed about?"

"Well, aside you from talking about a nonexistent person in a corner, I wouldn't know if we embarrassed ourselves- reality shattered for me and the next thing I know, I woke up... " he says, trying hard to remember details of the prior evening.

Something about... a cat? And... damn, what was it? he squints his eyes and looks up at where his third eye would be, lost in concentration and trying to recall what he experienced. My memory eludes me... I am not sure if i like this "Rashad" substance or not, but it should certainly be handled with care.

He turns back to the Captain.

"Sir Vortigern - you mentioned recruiting. Alex and I may know some capable hands that could help, if you don't already have some in mind...?" he offers and glances at Az Rael, hoping the Shadow Assassin is cognizant enough to recognize the hint.

If Vortigern responds in the affirmative, the sorcerer follows up with, "Excellent. How many hands are you looking to bring on board?"
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm

With his head starting to finally feel normal Az Rael begins to feel comfortable again. Not sure what it is about this Vortigern guy but I kind of feel at home with him. "Thanks for the medicine bud, my head is starting to feel much better." Az Rael says to Vortigern looking over at him from the other side of the couch.

Az Rael listens to Shroud What is he talking about, That little green dude was right there in the corner. Maybe that concoction Vortigern gave us messed with his mind. I'll just leave it alone. he thinks to himself as Shroud describes the night.

When Shroud touches on the point of recruitment Az Rael takes the cue and pipes up, "We know a couple of guys you might be interested in. Some real Get it done kind of guys. You want us to put you in touch?" Az Rael sees the opportunity to get a couple more solid guys involved here and he is sure that the look shroud gave him was his confirmation he felt the same way.

"You guys have a trainging facility here, now that I am feeling better I wouldn't mind a quick workout." Jack looks around thinking, If it is anywhere it must be downstairs. I wouldn't mind a look at the armory either. "Also, Which one of these rooms is mine, I would love to get settled a bit better. A shower might be nice too. Who the hell knows what I did last night."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:50 am

Conversation continues to go on. Bryke has yet to emerge from his suite. The kitchen drone makes food, coffee, and other refreshments as needed and places them on the dining table without a word. The food isn't five star cuisine, but it is well made. soon enough peoples headaches and hangover effects are worn off and it is now roughly mid-day, approximately eighteen hours after the end of the invasion of Center.

Lore skill
Drugs, that's really the only answer to this question.

What are your intentions?

Butcher's Bill
Érebos: -2 P.P.E.

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Az Rael » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:54 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49
JIC: 1d20 = 10 and 1d100 = 5

Az Rael takes the opportunity to explore his new home. He leaves Shroud and Vortigern and looks around room to room. Behind the couch he walks into the first door off the living room and finds what looks like another conference room. I wonder if they use this as a ready room, maybe the conference room downstairs is just for visitors he wonders.

He closes the door and walks down the other hallway and on his left finds the door to the gym. This is what I was looking for. I'll come back here after I get done with a little exploration. Az Rael closes the door, continues on and find the kitchen and the mess. Ok, so all the quarters on the outside? he walks through the kitchen and back up the other hall toward the living room. On his way he finds the library on his left. Sweet, I wonder if they have any material I can use to expand my magical knowledge. I'll have to spend some time in there on free days.

Az Rael makes his way back to the living room. No armory on this floor. Maybe it is downstairs. he thinks to himself. "Sir Vortigern." Damn, that's a mouthful. "Can I just call you Vort? Are we on that level yet? He says to Vortigern. Az Rael Chuckles slightly, Does it take 1 acid trip, 2, 3 before I get to use a nickname?

"Do you mind if i take the room next to the gym? The plaque on the wall says "f'. If that alright with you." he continues.
Last edited by Az Rael on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 40/53%
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d20 = 17
JIC (100): 1d100 = 51

Az Rael wrote:"Sir Vortigern." Damn, that's a mouthful. "Can I just call you Vort? Are we on that level yet? He says to Vortigern. Az Rael Chuckles slightly,

Hah! If nothing else, he sure gets comfortable with others quickly... or is it all an act? thinks the Shadow Mage, not knowing if "Alex" is acting or being sincere.

Az Rael wrote:"Do you mind if i take the room next to the gym? The plaque on the wall says "f'. If that alright with you." he continues.

Not a bad idea to poke around a bit, I suppose.

Érebos ponders to himself whether or not he should follow suit and explore the HQ. He decides against it at the moment, however, preferring to give Sir Vortigern the impression that he wants to follow the leader's lead.

"Sir Vortigern" he says, in contrast to the Shadow Assassin's more informal tone, "if I may, I'd like to know more about the current Rogues. You mentioned the Promethean, and of course yourself - with a rather colorful background and history. Alex and I have discussed with you what we feel we bring to the table, and, since we're part of the Galactic Rogues now, I'd like to know a bit more about what you two offer in terms of your unique contributions to the group."
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Bryke » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 am

Perception: 1d100 = 25
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 72
Initiative: 1d20 = 12

Bryke does some "house cleaning" while alone in his quarters:

He takes his new favorite item, (Qlu'Bar's Manica) walks over to the north wall and presses his palm to it. The wall lights up around his palm for a few brief seconds, makes a soft zzzrrrmmm sound and then opens up. He walks in, and heads to the back chanting words of power on a compartment there, he casts Dimensional Pocket: Permanent [140ppe]. Standing in front of the pocket, Bryke holds his favorite item, and focuses on its molecular structure seeing it in his minds eye and causing it to vibrate at the same unique frequency as himself. He then does the same to his Secure universal Black Card. (Touch of magic, some mysticism, but mostly advanced science.) He places them both snugly into the pocket. A smile of satisfaction, and Bryke walks out of the closet touching the wall again. Zzrrmmmm it closes with a slightly different sound.

After hours of meditation, and some mind-over-matter regeneration, Bryke is fully rested- ready for the day. He does a regimen of stretches and calisthenics. Coming back to the physical world can sometimes be disorienting, however these things are second nature to his race. As a matter of fact, the large barrel-chested humanoids are all naturally gifted in psionics.
Bryke mulls over his mental list of things to do for the day and then gets to executing them:

The smile remains as he goes back to his place of meditation, gets into position, thinks,

‘I’ll see what they are up to- curious, whom I can trust to spot me.’

A more thoughtful smile crosses his face, and he begins the mental mantra,

‘Out of this body and into the light…’
‘-shoot, I should go shop around for gear, and see the state of my Center’
‘-out of this body and into the light…’

Bryke’s non-physical form pours out of his body like liquid being filled into an invisible glass. He heads first to the newcomers, and goes last to Vortigern.
‘I suspect he and/or his charges will spot me… I hope. What sort of summoner would he be-’

Astral Travel:[8isp]

Bryke's form comes in just after one of the newcomers asks, "What do you all have to offer?"

[OOC: Apologies on the paraphrasing, due to the simple fact, I have tried to quote- I think Icky's Player told me long ago, but still botch the stuff.]
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 am

JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 10 and Original post: 1d100 = 5

Bryke wrote:Bryke's form comes in just after one of the newcomers asks, "What do you all have to offer?"

As Az Rael stands there listening to Shroud talk to Sir Vortigern he wonders, Are we overwhelming him with questions? We are new and interested but we don't want to seem too nosey either. He watches, listens and quietly contemplates what might be the "right" amount of inquisitive interest.

In the corner of his eye Az Rael notices as the promethean enters the room. Although it truly looks like him there is something not quite right about how he looks. Damn it man, did vort drug me again with the cure? This dude sure does appreciate a party. He thinks to himself before addressing he group. "Hey great! the Promethean has finally joined us. Unless he was here for the party last night and I just don't remember and in which case my apologies for forgetting." Az Rael tries hard to remember the night before. It is all a blur. Truly the only thing that stand out is the short green being in the corner of the room. Anyhow, it was a party, no need to regret the past when you can just look to the future.

Az Rael walks toward the Promethean with his hand outstretched to shake his hand. "Sorry if you already told me your name, it was a wild night and I don't remember much at all. My name is Alex. How do you do?" he says while closing the distance between them. "You look a little pale! Was it a rough night for you as well?" he finishes as he gets close enough to get a good look. The promethean looks ethereal, almost ghost like. It isn't till he is right up next to him that he really notices the current state.

"Wow, is that what it looks like when you phase shift?" He looks over toward shroud and says, "Hey man, why don't you introduce yourself to our new team mate"

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 56/53%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 15
JIC (100): 1d100 = 97

Az Rael wrote:"Hey great! the Promethean has finally joined us. Unless he was here for the party last night and I just don't remember and in which case my apologies for forgetting."

What is he talking about? Is he still affected from last night? thinks Érebos as he raises an eyebrow at his companion (not that anyone could see, thanks to the Shadow Mask).

Az Rael wrote:Az Rael walks toward the Promethean with his hand outstretched to shake his hand. "Sorry if you already told me your name, it was a wild night and I don't remember much at all. My name is Alex. How do you do?" he says while closing the distance between them. "You look a little pale! Was it a rough night for you as well?"

The Shadow Mage blinks as he watches Az Rael walk over and talk to ... well, what seems to be nothing ... and offers the handshake.

Az Rael wrote:"Wow, is that what it looks like when you phase shift?" He looks over toward shroud and says, "Hey man, why don't you introduce yourself to our new team mate"

Ahh... the Promethean must be using some sort of phase powers or something else to make himself unseen! thinks Érebos to himself.

The Umbral Sorcerer watches "Alex" interact with where the Promethean is likely to be.

Skill Roll - Lore: Galactic Aliens (to recall as much as possible about the Promethean race) -- 1d100 = 47/52% SUCCESS!

I don't trust Prometheans... who knows what goes on in those alien minds of theirs? And their intrusive psionic powers... incredible endurance and strength, toughness - one of the few races that can give True Atlanteans a run for their money...

Érebos scowls behind his Shadow Mask and looks through suspicious and squinted eyes toward the Promethean's direction.

Then... Still, better he is on our side than as an adversary. I'll be keeping my eye on this one, though... he thinks to himself as he shifts stances and walks over slowly to where Az Rael and, presumably, an invisible Promethean stand.

"I'd love to, but I don't see our Promethean friend here. Perhaps he'd like to make himself visible to the rest of us so we might get formally introduced and acquainted?" he offers.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Bryke » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Rolls Held Over

Eagerly grinning from ear to ear the promethean is satisfied to know that at least one of the newcomers can spot him in his astral form. He looks Erebos in the eyes holding his own hand out to receive the gesture, but his incorporeal form can not affect the physical world.

Bryke’s eyes suddenly dart around as if he had just misplaced something of high value. When he finds it his eyes close briefly, when they open a food substance used for seasoning, that the drones had left, is pooling together in the air in the shape of a sphere. The sphere takes on different shapes and sizes before spelling out,

Activate: Telekinesis [6isp]

Hello.” in trade four, in midair.

I am pleased that you detect my astral form-

By coincidence, the mini-giants eyes flash toward the other humanoid in the room at the exact time that that humanoid is thinking thoughts of discomfort toward prometheans. Bryke’s gaze is far searching and unblinking like that of a raptor or khreegor bloodhound. The food substance stops forming words and spins slowly on axis while the promethean takes meticulous measure of the other humanoid...

Finally, a smiley face forms and the words continue, as if the promethean was thinking carefully what to say. They also seem to be oriented toward the other humanoid.

I am sorry that you can not detect me,” the words spell out slower, sharper, and more emphasized.

I will greet you shortly in physical form when it is satisfactorily regenerated.

another brief pause and then again by coincidence, the promethean spells out a quote, thought by a Second-Stager,

All but prometheans are alien to Center.” The words are spelled out even slower, a saying to remind first-stagers of their place in the multiverse.

Yet we exclude, none.
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 pm

*** Rolls Carried***

Without saying a word, Az Rael quickly ducks out to run to the mall quickly to see if he can find an item. The Promethean's pallor tricks get him thinking about the vulnerability of not being able to see invisible opponents.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):