[GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Postby Az Rael » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 49
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 10 and Original post: 1d100 = 5

Az Rael returns to the landing pad after shopping slightly disappointed. He heads upstairs to see if anyone is home. Still preoccupied with finding the item he talks to Vortigern and Erobos about it in the living room if they are home.

"I went out to see if I could find an amulet that would allow me to see the invisible. No luck though. Center is still pretty messed up. If either of you guys go out can you keep an eye out?"

Az Rael sits down on the couch and wonders what this evening might bring. maybe Vortigern has another surprise in mind for us tonight. Maybe we can go down to the armory and look for new toys.
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 49%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 9 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/33
JIC: 1d100 = 37
JIC: 1d20 = 15

Perhaps something I can help with. The power of a good conversation can seem magical enough to some.

Vortigern turns to Az Rael as he speaks about his shopping trip and gives an up-nod. "But of course. Yet perhaps you can tell me more about the particular type of enchantment you seek? There are many ways to achieve the same ends and some of them have different pros and cons as it were. Is there anything else you are looking for to help round out your basic equipment? I could perhaps loan you an advance to help kit you out now, against your first share of any prize or profits we take in."
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker
HP: 53/53
SDC: 57/57
PPE: 20/180

Enchanted Full Plate Armor
• M.D.C.: 101/410

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
M.D.C.: 200/200
Damage: 5D6+8 M.D.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftmanship (+4 Damage, +2 to Strike and Parry)
Magic Features
• Super-Sharpness (+4 Damage; Critical Range: +2)
• Increased Damage: (+2D6 Damage)

Magic Dwarven Shield
M.D.C.: Indestructible.
Damage: 2D4 M.D.C.
Mundane Features
• Dwarven Craftsmanship (+3 to Parry)
Magic Features
• Indestructible (Can only be destroyed by an alchemist.)

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

MDC: 209/300
ISP: 230/230
PPE: 9/9
Forcefield1: 0/160
Forcefield2: 160/160

Varya

MDC/Body: 62/62
MDC/Shell: 116/116
Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Consumer » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:21 pm

Skills
Érebos: Lore: Galactic Aliens (to recall as much as possible about the Promethean race): Érebos is unsure of many of the finer details of the Promethean race, as they are relatively secretive. They are tough, shrugging off damage that would kill normal folk. They have powers that seem to affect space and time, and they have a secondary form, that is even more powerful.
Bryke
Clarification: The dimensional Pocket is in the closet? If so that's fine, if not please notate article of clothing.

Bryke makes an appearance of sorts and the group talks about a small variety of subjects. All the wile a black skinned drone moves about cleaning and replacing drinks and food as needed. At some point in the conversation, Az Rael notices that he has a an encoded message. (PM Sent)

Vortigern is approached by Carbunkle. "I'm board, let me eat one of them." The Tiger Beast says with a wicked toothy smile.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Alvidan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 63 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 4
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC%: 1d100 = 37
Alvidan finds the traffic on Center is pretty bad, even though he was sticking to the proper flight lane and speed he got clipped by a passing flyer. He should have been able to dodge it, but he is pretty new to flying with a grav pack. Eventually he reaches the right area.

Alvidan looks over the place, but can not learn much. The building could be any of a number of other similar faceless structures. He does observe that it is built for sentients on a larger scale. The doors are far larger than a mere human would require, let alone one of the smaller species.

Given what he is here for, a bold front is suggested. He walks to the entrance and looks for a contact device (such as a terminal). There is usually one, assuming they do not have something more specific, such as a holo butler.

Intelligence: 1d100 = 99 of 60%
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 103/103
M.D.C.: 80/80

Armor: Psionic Crystal Armor (currently removed)
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Impervious to Shape Shifting
HF/AF 12 if recognized as a True Atlantean
Sense Vampires within 1000'
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 12 vs 49
JIC: 1d20 = 16 and 1d100 = 76

Consumer wrote: At some point in the conversation, Az Rael notices that he has a an encoded message. (PM Sent)

Vortigern is approached by Carbunkle. "I'm board, let me eat one of them." The Tiger Beast says with a wicked toothy smile.

Az Rael notices the incoming transmission and his comfort seems to turn to anxiety. It's been a while since we checked in. They must be looking for an update. He watches as the tiger beast walks up to Vortigern and requests to eat one of them. Az Rael wonders, What the hell is that thing. This Vortigern gets more and more interesting. "I would only be a snack," he says nervously out loud. "Now the Promethean, He would fill your belly for sure," he finishes. Feeling ill, from both the thought of being eaten by a tiger beast and the wonder of what they might be looking for from him, Az Rael stands up and heads to his room (F).

"It was a long night and a busy day so far. I'm gonna take a shower and dress for the night. Anything I should be prepared for Vortigern?" he calls out on his way.

Once in his room he pulls up the coded message and reads it. New Asset? he wonders. He mulls over the message for a moment the decides to request some additional information. He quickly taps out a reply and sends it. I wonder if they are watching the console. To keep up appearances Az Rael gets undressed and jumps in the shower. "New Asset" Keeps running through his head. They must know the group needs more people.
Last edited by Az Rael on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 24/53%
see perception modifiers here -->
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d20 = 1
JIC (100): 1d100 = 61

Az Rael wrote:"I went out to see if I could find an amulet that would allow me to see the invisible. No luck though. Center is still pretty messed up. If either of you guys go out can you keep an eye out?"

Addressing Az Arael, Érebos says, "I wondered where you disappeared to for a bit, Alex... sure, I will keep an eye out. I am headed over to that area later on anyhow, once I get an idea of what the Rogues have to work with in terms of gear and equipment. Speaking of which..."

The Shadow Mage turns to Sir Vortigern.

"Captain, may we see what's in the Armory, and do you already have an inventory of gear and supplies for mission use? I'd like to be sure we're up to spec and in good shape for whatever the future has in store for us and, given you guys have just returned, I'm surmising that the Rogues may be in need of resupply."

Though, with the recent incursion, and Az Rael's comment about Center being pretty 'messed up', who knows what's available? Still, best to get a feel for what the Rogues have either way... not to mention it shows initiative.

Consumer wrote:Vortigern is approached by Carbunkle. "I'm board, let me eat one of them." The Tiger Beast says with a wicked toothy smile.

What the hell is THAT...? thinks the Shadow Mage as Carbunkle approaches and speaks. He isn't sure whether or not the thing is serious or not, so he remains silent behind his Shadow Mask and waits to see how Sir Vortigern replies.

If Sir Vortigern replies in the affirmative to his Armory/Inventory request, Érebos will proceed to the Armory and begin taking inventory and checking weapons, armor, and supplies for fitness and functionality, making an inventory on his computer for reference.

Skill Rolls
Lore: Demons and Monsters (wtf is that Carbunkle thing, and why does it talk?!?) --> 1d100 = 61 / 62%
Field Armorer (check weapons, armor, relevant supplies etc. for fitness and functionality, etc. on all Rogue items of relevance in the Armory) --> 1d100 = 41 / 49
Optic Systems (checking any optical systems the Rogues have, whether weapons scopes, binoculars, or any other optical systems for fitness and functionality) --> 1d100 = 77 / 47
Computer Operations (create database and index/store lists etc. for Rogues' Armory equipment and supplies) --> 1d100 = 69 / 67
Last edited by Érebos on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Érebos
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 27/27
P.P.E.: 175/177

Current Conditions:

Weapons and Armor Worn or Carried
NE-3 Slim-Line "Gambler" Revolver (note: currently concealed)

NE-CW20 Camouflage Variable Armor: 80/80 M.D.C. (note: not currently worn)
Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill, only 21% chance to be detected by thermal/infrared, non-environmental

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos

Postby Alvidan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:10 am

(Rolls carried over)
After waiting for a time and examining the area, Alvidan locates the call button and keypad. He presses the button to seek entrance. If that does not work he will have to consider alternatives. He has a few options, but the question is what kind of impression he seeks to make. He wants to be hired, not initiate a fight with the mercenaries.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Vortigern » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 46/33
JIC: 1d100 = 94
JIC: 1d20 = 9

Vortigern follows the conversation mostly with reserve as Erebos and Az Rael let their questions flow. A brief smile crosses his lips as he listens, giving some encouraging nods as things progress. "Ah, at current room assignments are fairly loose and nebulous. Though eventually perhaps the Crew will have a Chief Steward who can impose some order on such things. Az Rael, if you would prefer to take room F, I have no objections. Erebos, likewise if a room is unoccupied I have no objections to any preference you might have. I believe I will be taking room C, across from the library. And perhaps do some remodeling to Lab Two. I have need of a secure workspace." he says, stroking his bearded chin lightly with some thought in his eyes.

When Erebos casts Shadow Mask Vortigern does not conceal both his brows raising, though he says nothing more than "Curious. You prefer to work in lower levels of illumination then?", though he observes Erebos more intently than a moment before as he awaits a reply.
What kind of sorcery is this?
Lore: Magic: 1d100 = 37/75

When Bryke makes his unannounced visit via astral projection Vortigern gives a mild frown, sipping his tea and looking down at his cup. "You should be wary of offending those whose cultures are more reserved, Bryke. The uses of such mysteries have ... connotations to many. Telepathy, projection, any number of things. It could prove hazardous in the future." he says, sniffing slightly before turning back to the newcomers. "Gentlemen, Bryke. Bryke, Nicodemus and Alex. They are new Recruits for the Crew. Bryke as you can see is a Promethean and proficient in magical mysteries associated with the manipulation of time and space. As you ask about myself, I am a knight and consider myself thereby proficient of arms yet my true calling is as a Circle Sorcerer. A magic that exists here yet is more common in my homeland. Perhaps you are familiar? Mmm. And I'm afraid the rest of the Galactic Rogues are largely now either missing in action, deceased, or are departing the company of their own volition. We will have need, to say the least, of recruiting and bringing the core of the Company back up to strength."

Erebos receives a quick nod in response to his interest in seeing the armory. "That seems quite reasonable. In fact I will accompany you and get you started." he says, and seems about to do precisely that before Carbunckle approaches him and requests to eat one of the new arrivals. "Ah? These two? I am afraid not. You may not eat or otherwise harm them unless they betray me first. If they betray me or the company, then eat them both. Yet we may hope and rely that such will not be the case. They have just joined our Company. They are now pack." he says, before stroking his mustache with a gleam in his eyes. "And yet we are not without possibilities of divertissement. Perhaps we should go down to the lower levels of the city for a hunt with our new companions, soon. That should do for some sport and entertainment and a chance to see how our new Recruits skills fare in execution." he says, giving Carbunckle a wry grin and a nod.

Turning back to the others he gestures towards the newcomers as he introduces the massive predatory bulk that is Carbunckle. 10 feet at the shoulder and easily well exceeding a ton of raw mass, the Tiger Beast enormous and exudes raw predatory grace and aggression. "Gentlemen. This is Carbunckle my war mount. He served with able distinction in the battles of this most recent demon unpleasantness. Including the destruction of the Demon General, which he played no small part in. Yet, shall we say, he is of particular tastes. So... a hunt, later this evening perhaps? The night air is often refreshing."

Once further discussion and conversation has concluded on that point Vortigern proceeds with his business, finishing his tea and breakfast before returning to his quarters to suit back up in his armor and weapons. Emerging from his quarters he goes to check on both new arrivals briefly before the call button for the front entrance to the facility rings. Vortigern pauses, turning to clasp his hands before his abdomen as he looks towards the door. After a moment he walks to the door to answer it, reaching to press the button for the door to open once he arrives. "Good Day. How may I assist you?" he says, inclining his head slightly.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

[*]Cosmic Armor. 160.00 min. 546/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

Varya

Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 41 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 14
JIC: 1d20 = 8
JIC%: 1d100 = 72

The door opens and a humanoid greets him. He does not evidence Marks of Heritage, so probably not Atlantean, but he shows no visible abnormalities. Possibly even an actual human, though with so many humanoid species in the Galaxies it is hard to be certain.

Alvidan says, "Greetings, I am Vidan the Psi-tech. I have been told this mercenary company is hiring, and I need field experience not just training. I would think my services here could prove to be mutually beneficial."

(If Carbunckle is with him, Lore Demons & Monsters 1d100 = 56 of 55%. If he recognizes the Tiger Beast, "Oh my, a Tiger Beast out of Dyval, quite a rare specimen! Greetings to you as well." Assuming he does not (Which the roll indicates he probably did not) recognize the Tiger Beast, but did see it, he will say, "My, what a large Feline, is this what Promethians use as a house cat?")

There, hopefully he sounds young and eager (Invoke Trust 1d100 = 6 of 60%), thanks to his Atlantean heritage, he still looks like a teenager to most humans, despite being substantially older.

(Assuming he is asked what it is he does, he will reply, "I repair and improve weapons, armor, and other technical items. Including Spaceships.")
Last edited by Alvidan on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:22 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Vortigern wrote:Vortigern follows the conversation mostly with reserve as Erebos and Az Rael let their questions flow. A brief smile crosses his lips as he listens, giving some encouraging nods as things progress. "Ah, at current room assignments are fairly loose and nebulous. Though eventually perhaps the Crew will have a Chief Steward who can impose some order on such things. Az Rael, if you would prefer to take room F, I have no objections. Erebos, likewise if a room is unoccupied I have no objections to any preference you might have. I believe I will be taking room C, across from the library. And perhaps do some remodeling to Lab Two. I have need of a secure workspace." he says, stroking his bearded chin lightly with some thought in his eyes.

Érebos nods at the mention of having a room.

Should probably stick close to Az...erm, Alex! he thinks, catching his near-miss.

Vortigern wrote:When Erebos casts Shadow Mask Vortigern does not conceal both his brows raising, though he says nothing more than "Curious. You prefer to work in lower levels of illumination then?", though he observes Erebos more intently than a moment before as he awaits a reply.

'Indeed. I find I am most at home in a lowly lit environment with plenty of shadows. I study an ancient, yet hardly known, art, that... manipulates the shadows, is really the best way to put it. Shadow magic is not flashy by any definition, but excels in the areas of subterfuge and subtlety, such as intelligence gathering, quiet insertions and extractions, rescue ops, jailbreaks, hiding and concealing operatives and supplies, and even intimidation and psychological warfare. In short, it is a practical and significant boon to all manner of covert operations." he says.

He then follows up with "While I can function to a degree in absolute darkness as well, bright, direct light dispels shadows and is... discomforting to me and my friend Alex. I know a few standard incantations as well, so I'm not entirely useless without my shadow sorcery and - while I can handle myself in an up-front fight when needed - as I mentioned before, I fancy myself somewhat of a marksman-in-development. So, that's probably more information than you had asked for, but essentially, yes - I prefer to work in the shadows - both figuratively, and literally."

Then, Bryke makes his presence known.

'Vortigern wrote:When Bryke makes his unannounced visit via astral projection Vortigern gives a mild frown, sipping his tea and looking down at his cup. "You should be wary of offending those whose cultures are more reserved, Bryke. The uses of such mysteries have ... connotations to many. Telepathy, projection, any number of things. It could prove hazardous in the future." he says, sniffing slightly before turning back to the newcomers. "Gentlemen, Bryke. Bryke, Nicodemus and Alex. They are new Recruits for the Crew. Bryke as you can see is a Promethean and proficient in magical mysteries associated with the manipulation of time and space. As you ask about myself, I am a knight and consider myself thereby proficient of arms yet my true calling is as a Circle Sorcerer. A magic that exists here yet is more common in my homeland. Perhaps you are familiar? Mmm. And I'm afraid the rest of the Galactic Rogues are largely now either missing in action, deceased, or are departing the company of their own volition. We will have need, to say the least, of recruiting and bringing the core of the Company back up to strength."

When Sir Vortigern introduces Bryke to them, the Shadow Mage says, "Please, everyone - feel free to call me Nico, if it's more convenient."

He then turns toward where Bryke would be standing, if he were visible and material, and says, "Mr. Bryke - perhaps we will meet in material form sometime, yes?" Érebos says this with a carefully measured flat tone.

When Érebos hears Sir Vortigern mention Circle Sorcery/Magic, his head cocks to the side as he scours his brain.

Skill Roll - Lore: Magic, General Knowledge (Circle magic) --> 1d100 = 42 / 57%

Circle sorcery! How fascinating - a fairly involved system of ritual magic, but highly effective in its sphere of power. Sort of like my Shadow Magic, in some ways thinks the Umbral Sorcerer.

"I have heard of it. It is not especially common, from my understanding. Most men of magic here have taken a different route for summoning - that of the Shifter. Perhaps you can show me more in detail how your Circle Sorcery works sometime... we could have a discussion about various magical disciplines with the Promethan - verbally, of course!" and here, he glances at where Bryke was astrally projecting.

Vortigern wrote:Erebos receives a quick nod in response to his interest in seeing the armory. "That seems quite reasonable. In fact I will accompany you and get you started." he says, and seems about to do precisely that before Carbunckle approaches him and requests to eat one of the new arrivals. "Ah? These two? I am afraid not. You may not eat or otherwise harm them unless they betray me first. If they betray me or the company, then eat them both. Yet we may hope and rely that such will not be the case. They have just joined our Company. They are now pack." he says, before stroking his mustache with a gleam in his eyes. "And yet we are not without possibilities of divertissement. Perhaps we should go down to the lower levels of the city for a hunt with our new companions, soon. That should do for some sport and entertainment and a chance to see how our new Recruits skills fare in execution." he says, giving Carbunckle a wry grin and a nod.

Turning back to the others he gestures towards the newcomers as he introduces the massive predatory bulk that is Carbunckle. 10 feet at the shoulder and easily well exceeding a ton of raw mass, the Tiger Beast enormous and exudes raw predatory grace and aggression. "Gentlemen. This is Carbunckle my war mount. He served with able distinction in the battles of this most recent demon unpleasantness. Including the destruction of the Demon General, which he played no small part in. Yet, shall we say, he is of particular tastes. So... a hunt, later this evening perhaps? The night air is often refreshing."

Érebos says to Vortigern, "Remind me to stay on his- I mean-" here, he pauses and turns to directly address Carbunckle instead - "your good side!"

That's one hell of a mount - pun intended... he thinks to himself with a shrouded smile.

"A 'hunt' later this evening sounds exciting. I trust you'll provide us with any necessary information before we leave, so that we are prepared? Also, I believe I'll take room E to be my quarters for now," says the Shadow Mage as he bids adieu and heads to his room.

And what shall we be hunting this evening? thinks Érebos as he unpacks his gear and prepares to inventory the Rogues' supplies and equipment.
Last edited by Érebos on Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Érebos
Current Status

Current Conditions:

Modifiers: -5% to acrobatics/gymnastics, -20% for others to detect, +5% to prowl skill, only 21% chance to be detected by thermal/infrared, non-environmental

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

• Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 12 vs 49
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 16 and Original post: 1d100 = 76

Az Rael finishes with his shower and quickly checks to see if he has received a reply for his request for more information. Seeing there is a reply he opens it with nervous anticipation. Well that was brief, he thinks to himself wondering who is on the other end. This can not be any of my normal contacts. Confused, concerned and curious he stand there naked for a few moments wondering who it could be. He then quickly realizes that he is still naked and dripping and moves back tot he bathroom to dry off and get dressed.

A hunt tonight vort said. Az Rael pulls on his armor with a devious smile on his face. I imagine Vortigern's idea of a hunt should prove pretty interesting. Feeling a bit of anxiety over the messages and a bit of excitement over the possible fun for the evening his mind drifts in different directions back and forth making it hard for him to focus.

Once he is dressed he walks out into the living room to see where the group is and what they might currently be up to. "Anybody home he calls out, as he peeks around the hallway corner looking for the feline beast that Vortigern call car knuckle or something of the sort. I don't want to get caught in the living room alone with that creature, not yet. Not seing anybody in the living room he calls for a robotic servant and asks if it knows where they went. Being told that Sir Vortigern went downstairs to meet someone who came to front door Az Rael wonder, Third Party, Asset? Might be a grand idea to join him. Az Rael starts to head downstairs to see who has come to the lair.

On his way down the stairs Az Rael pulls out his computer and sends the message to Erebos. I would be interested to get his take on the message. Maybe I am missing something, he thinks to himself on the way.

Getting to the front room he sees Vortigern standing talking to someone. "Did you order takeout Sir Vortigern? I thought we were going hunting tonight. He says looking the other man up and down.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Vortigern » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:01 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 87/33
JIC: 1d100 = 27
JIC: 1d20 = 14

(In Response To Erebos/Nicodemus prior to approaching the door):

Vortigern does not disguise his curiosity at the mention of Shadow Magic. His eyes alight and he leans closer, his attention intent. "Perhaps you are a better match for this Crew even still than I had at first ascertained. My home Dimension has some exposure to such sorcery yet it is, as you say, rare there. There is an era of our history wherein many mystical disciplines were purged from practice and record by a great inquisition. Many practitioners of the Arts were slain and their works burned and elsewise destroyed. Shadow Sorcery is rumored to be among that which was lost." he says, reaching up to stroke his chin thoughtfully. "I wonder what other 'lost' things might be waiting for me out beyond a far horizon." he says, smirking slightly. "As for Circle Magic, it does not seem an intuitive Art to many here. I know that many styles of practice make use of spells that involve circles and diagrams of their own, yet Circle Magic practices such things exclusively. And in far greater depth, variety, and potency. The Circle Mage therefore is learned in symbolism and runes nearly as well as the rituals and invocations necessary to construct the mystical locus and quintessential apparatus of the Circle. In my homeland the most famous use of the art is the summoning and binding of creatures, often from far realms and worlds, and thus Circle Magic and the Summoning Arts are closely associated there. Yet there is far more that it can do, and often on a scale, potency, and with a degree of efficiency that astonishes those who practice other disciplines. Yet, of course, one must have a Circle to hand to call upon the power it makes available."

(Continuing Conversation w/ Alvidan etc.)

Vortigern pauses in the doorway, his hesitation perhaps noticeable as he gives the new arrival a circumspect looking over, before he gestures the man in and towards the conference room. "By all means come in. It would appear word is circulating that we are in need of recruits, though perhaps you'll tell me who told you we were in need?" he says as he guides the man inside. He doesn't seem overly concerned about the massive tiger beast nearby. Whatever Vidan says regarding the beast is met with a noncommittal nod of acknowledgement. "My name is Vortigern Taerea, knight and sorcerer, formerly of Iyancine if the name means anything to you. I am assuming the Captaincy of the Crew, so you may speak with me concerning your intentions. A Psi-Tech you say? That is a fairly rare skillset I am given to understand. And meeting some of our needs, so I am interested. Perhaps you could tell me a bit more about yourself? Any previous references you might care to provide?"

Perhaps I should not be surprised after the previous two, yet it seems word is spreading even farther concerning our manning issues. But how? Most strange. Most vexing.

Guiding the other man into the conference room Vortigern seats himself at the head of the table and gestures for the other man to be seated as well. Using the interface in his suit he sends a brief message to join him to Nicodemus and Alexandros. "It appears our circumstances are known to assorted parties, so I won't deny we are recruiting. Yet with the discord and disruption in the city at current proper form and normal inquiries as such are difficult. We must therefore seek to come to some agreement in what I would normally regard as unseemly haste and poor form. I pray you bear in mind our circumstances, and those of the city around us, and indulge such out of necessity. Ah, and I must be certain, you are aware of us it seems, yet to what extent? You understand that joining such a crew as this is not a thing to be undertaken lightly? That this is, to put it mildly, much more than a job?"
Last edited by Vortigern on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

Varya

Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 98 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 11
JIC: 1d20 = 12
JIC%: 1d100 = 50

Alvidan looks over the other person who just came up from deeper inside the building. Another humanoid, this one possibly one of the cabal he is trying to join judging by superficial details. He will have to check for marks of heritage later, if this "Sir Vortigan" is the captain, than he is probably the one who has to be impressed.

Alvidan produces his paperwork (which is, of course, much more likely to be on a computer chip than actual paper), saying, "My certification credentials are right here, if you care to check them. As to rare, well it is much less common that a Starship Pilot or Power Armor operator I grant, but it would not be impossible to find a rarer skill set here in Center. I am fairly recently certified as a Psi-tech, but I can provide the comcode of the academy that certified me and of my last job or two. Mind, some of those jobs were on other planets, so it may take time to contact my employers."

He listens to the other questions, "As you are no doubt aware, Center suffered a recent extradimensional attack. One of those who employed my services during that time who prefers to be nameless suggested I come here. I do not know their source of information. As I understand such things, Mercenary companies hire for enlistments of at least two years, with re-enlistment options. I also understand that all members of the company are expected to join combat and are entitled to shares of the loot in situations where looting is permitted. It is not a place for pacifists and those who are not willing to follow the letter of their contract with an employer. Is there more I should be aware of?"
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:32 am

OOC Comments
I passed perception. Vidan's Marks are visible. I am taking liberty in seeing them and of course knowing what the marks of my clan look like.

Following the two men to the conference room Az Rael walks in and sits to
Vortigern's right side. "So not a delivery guy." Looking down at the man's wrists he notices the marks of Heritage. A smile draws on Az Rael's face. He reaches his hand out to great the new man. "Brother," he says warmly. "My name is Alex. I welcome you. Please forgive me in asking for you to repeat much of what I am sure you have already said. What is your name? You say you need "field" experience. Does that mean you are fresh from school?" Az Rael's thoughts run for just a brief second. It seems this may well be the new asset. I do not believe in coincidence. A new Aerihman at the steps. I wonder if they feel we have failed, or are failing.

Snapping back to the moment, Az Rael sits back down after shaking the man's hand and notices he has a couple messages. "Sir Vortigern, It's seems I am here intuitively. I just noticed your request to join you. Did you send a similar request to Nicodemus? He says to Votigern looking up from his computer. Having seen the second brief message from Erobos he wonders if he the request from Vortigern was sent or if he has seen it yet either. If he has sent the request to both of us he should be down shortly. Maybe we should take a walk to discuss.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:25 am

Perception: 1d20 = 17/53%
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d20 = 16
JIC (100): 1d100 = 100

Vortigern wrote:Vortigern does not disguise his curiosity at the mention of Shadow Magic. His eyes alight and he leans closer, his attention intent. "Perhaps you are a better match for this Crew even still than I had at first ascertained. My home Dimension has some exposure to such sorcery yet it is, as you say, rare there. There is an era of our history wherein many mystical disciplines were purged from practice and record by a great inquisition. Many practitioners of the Arts were slain and their works burned and elsewise destroyed. Shadow Sorcery is rumored to be among that which was lost." he says, reaching up to stroke his chin thoughtfully. "I wonder what other 'lost' things might be waiting for me out beyond a far horizon." he says, smirking slightly.

"As the shadows themselves can be found in any place, so then, can sorcery that weaves and controls such things be found in any place. As you say, Shadow sorcery was thought entirely lost for centuries - eons, perhaps. A handful of sorcerers kept the once-thought-lost art alive, however, and I am one of the few fortunate souls to have inherited its rich content. As you are undoubtedly aware, however, all things have a price - and one price of the power of the umbra is sensitivity to light," says the Shadow Mage.

"To your point about other lost magics-", he continues, "it is likely many have been lost to the ravages of time, warfare, and other circumstances beyond our control. Even the Splugorth themselves possess the once-lost secrets of rune magic - and who knows what else is out there? Certainly, though, if it can be found, Center is likely to possess it - at least, when not under siege by demonic forces."

As he strategically mentions the Splugorth, Érebos searches Sir Vortigern's face for any hint of reaction that might give away his feelings on the powerful and oft-polarizing aliens that he hopes will someday be overthrown in his homeland.

Vortigern wrote:"As for Circle Magic, it does not seem an intuitive Art to many here. I know that many styles of practice make use of spells that involve circles and diagrams of their own, yet Circle Magic practices such things exclusively. And in far greater depth, variety, and potency. The Circle Mage therefore is learned in symbolism and runes nearly as well as the rituals and invocations necessary to construct the mystical locus and quintessential apparatus of the Circle. In my homeland the most famous use of the art is the summoning and binding of creatures, often from far realms and worlds, and thus Circle Magic and the Summoning Arts are closely associated there. Yet there is far more that it can do, and often on a scale, potency, and with a degree of efficiency that astonishes those who practice other disciplines. Yet, of course, one must have a Circle to hand to call upon the power it makes available."

"A fascinating and potent art indeed," says Érebos in a genuinely curious tone.

We could learn much from each other, it seems. And, the Promethean studies the art of time and space manipulation, also known as Temporal Magic... it seems many of us explore various facets of the occult and arcane. There may be much potential here.

Vortigern wrote:Using the interface in his suit he sends a brief message to join him to Nicodemus and Alexandros.

Érebos had just finished sending a brief reply to Az Rael and composed a hand-written note to him when Sir Vortigern's message arrives via the computer.

Hmm... the Captain calls! he thinks as he lays out his equipment for the evening's "hunt" and heads to the front area where they met Sir Vortigern only a day prior.

Upon arrival, the Shadow Mage - whose Shadow Mask has presumably worn off by now, looks at his pair of teammates and the newcomer with interest.

I wonder if this is the one mentioned? he thinks before quickly moving to bury the thought in his head, wary that the Promethean could be spying on them yet again or that someone could be intruding on his thoughts.

He walks over to Az Rael and greets him with a smile and handshake, offering his hand. "Greetings, my friend! How are you liking our new home so far?" he says, all the while concealing the note within his hand and passing it to the Shadow Assassin on the handshake.

Skill Roll Concealment (hide the note in his hand while passing it to Az Rael in an inconspicuous manner)--> 1d100 = 37 / 40%

After greeting Sir Vortigern with a polite acknowledgement and short nod of "Captain", and if there is a pause in the discussion for it, Érebos introduces himself to the massive newcomer.

"Nicodemus Obelius, at your service. Please, feel free to call me Nico, if you so wish" he says, catching the tail end of Sir Vortigern's mention that the city is a shambles and discussing the possible recruitment of the individual in environmental armor sitting across the table.
Last edited by Érebos on Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Érebos
Current Status

Current Conditions:

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:37 am

Erobos enters the room and greats Az Rael with a handshake. Az Rael feels the note in the palm of his friends hand and receives it as casually as he can. He pockets the note without making a it a big presentation. This must be what he wanted to give me in his quarters. I'll take a look later when I have more private time.

"Welcome Nicodemus, did you get a good nap in? I'm looking forward to our hunt tonight. You will be joining us, correct?" he says trying to draw some attention. He sees his cautious friend offer his Marks to the new comer. Atlantean doesn't mean Sunaj my friend. Neither does Aerihman in all cases. he thinks to himself as he gauges that Erobos is attempting to show the marks without Vort Seeing. It is easier to maintain cover when some pieces of truth are abound.

"Our new friend's name is Vidan and he was just about to expand upon his background a bit for us" he finishes saying to Erobos. Vortigern is no fool, he will undoubtable figure out we are all three True Atlanteans. Proud Aerihman. Rightful heirs and rulers of the Atlanteans all. I wonder his lineage anyway. He talks of lost arts and magic. How much he leaves out of lost worlds and lineage.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Bryke » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Perception: 1d100+10 = 23
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 5
Initiative: 1d20 = 15

The promethean pauses at Vortigern’s statement, looking solemnly at him, and taking measure of the new leader.

He does not look up… I thought surely you would be able to see me- hmmmm.

-I would not abuse my “strengths” nor stain my honor and eavesdrop on all your thoughts like some lowly scoundrel.

We are however, exposed in this area younglings, and we can not afford to not seek some sort of defense. If my action offends, better me your new comrade, than another who would try to take what belongs to you and only you.

These things race through the prometheans mind, as he wrestles with transmitting them telepathically to prove a point, or go another way to achieve his initial intention. He decides against broadcasting telepathically, in the end believing a face to face talk would be more positive in the long run.

At least one other can see invisible things naturally, and that is good. It won’t therefore fall solely to me to watch our backs on the matter.

Bryke smiles at the fellow psychic, before his form fades. He feels a sensation of movement and his astral form is back in its current house. He blinks, then does a routine of stretches, in order to anchor himself back to the physical realm. He goes over to the closet where his favorite item is located. Hand on the wall, a light display, and he moves to the back where he created the Dimensional pocket. Puts on the Qlu'Bars Manica, closes up the closet door and heads to just outside the doorway where everyone was last, he is deliberately trying not to startle anyone, he steps a little louder than usual, and hums a quiet tune not known to many in The Three Galaxies, hahm hahm huh hahm hahm hahhhmm…

When he is in the room, he greets everyone, looking at each, but saying this once smiling,

Hello.”

He looks over to Vortigern last, and getting his attention, says just loud enough for everyone to hear:

Stepping out, I’ll be on com’s

He then heads to the rogues store rooms, signs out a pair of “Eyes of Thoth” glasses/goggles, double checks that he has his non secured card with only one million on it, his other with the rest of his millions in a dimensional pocket in his quarters.
Natural Abilities

Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/236
ISP: 125/113
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke

Postby Consumer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Skills
Érebos
Lore: Demons and Monsters (wtf is that Carbunkle thing, and why does it talk?!?): It is a Tiger Beast, that's all you can recall.
Field Armorer (check weapons, armor, relevant supplies etc. for fitness and functionality, etc. on all Rogue items of relevance in the Armory): All the weapons seem functional and maintained.
Optic Systems (checking any optical systems the Rogues have, whether weapons scopes, binoculars, or any other optical systems for fitness and functionality): You think it all needed updates and did so. Now everything is slightly off-kilter.
Computer Operations (create database and index/store lists etc. for Rogues' Armory equipment and supplies): It is done, but incomplete or mislabeled.
Lore: Magic (Circle Magic): It's a rare and difficult style of magic that has fallen to the wayside of more convenient magical styles. It's useful for summoning creatures.
Concealment: Passing a Note: No one notices the note being passed.

Vortigern
Lore: Magic (Shadow Magic): It's shadow magic, not a type your innately familiar with.

Note on Perceptions
Due to Alvidian wearing environmental armor, it is unlikely you notice any tattoos unless they are on his face/neck.
Same goes for the other Sunaj, if your wearing enveloping garments or full body armor, your tattoos are not immediately visible unless they're on your face/neck.

Conversations happen as said. Carbunkle seems depressed that he can't eat Érebos or Az Rael and slinks off to likely scratch up expensive furniture. Towards the end of this round of conversations, Bryke leaves the building.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Alvidan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 59 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC%: 1d100 = 52

Alvidan powers down his force field and removes parts of his armor including his helmet and gauntlets so that he can be seen and appear more trusting (and, thus, trustworthy).

Alvidan shrugs, "My background is not the most noble. I was raised on a world much like this one, a place of interstellar commerce. I wound up running with a bad crowd, a street gang who knew a magic tattoo artist. All of us got a tattoo or two, but each time one of us got a magic tattoo, everyone would get a non-magic tattoo just like it. That is why I have so many tattoos, only a few are real, the rest are non-magical copies."

Alvidan shows a few of his more visible tattoos, then continues, "Anyway, it was while I was running with the gang I realized I had a knack for fixing things. It did not take long to find out I was a budding Psi-tech. It took me a while to get up the wherewithal to get myself properly educated, but I finally did it and recently finished my schooling, though I will admit to not having the best grades in the class. I talked with someone I worked with during the Demon Invasion about further work, and they suggested I apply here. I am not sure about the reason for the suggestion, but I did a bit of spot research on Mercenary companies before coming over."

Since what he is saying is TRUE, he does not expect to have any trouble being believed. It is not the WHOLE truth, but it is true as far as it goes.

If the astral form of the Promethian passes by, he will wave. He can see astral creatures at least.
Last edited by Alvidan on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:01 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58 vs 49%
JIC: 1d20 = 19 and 1d100 = 57

Az Rael sit and listens to the man. This man seems to new to the game. Can he be a new asset or is this just coincidence? Not feeling very sure of the current situation he decides it is best to let things unfold. Better to play this out a bit more that get bound up in a bad situation While the man is talking a message comes in on Az Rael's console. He take a quick moment to read it, after which his confusion is increased. Foreign asset? Maybe it will be a woman. Nothing like exploiting an asset when its foreign.

Az Rael chuckles out loud lost in his own thought and almost oblivious to the new recruit. Realizing he is out of sorts he looks back to the man in time to see him showing tattoos and talking about his past. "Is that Aerihman?," he asks after catching what looked like marks of heritage on the man's wrist.

Fully focused on the meeting now he wondered, Maybe this is the asset. He takes a second to look down at his console and forward the coded message to Erebos. "Hey Nico, looks like we have an Aerihman in our midst. he says to his mystical friend. Hoping for a little more to make a solid confirmation Az Rael sits back in his chair, watchful and attentive.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:57 am

Perception: 1d100 = 8/53%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 18
JIC (100): 1d100 = 67

Alvidan wrote:Alvidan powers down his force field and removes parts of his armor including his helmet and gauntlets so that he can be seen and appear more trusting (and, thus, trustworthy).

Alvidan shrugs, "My background is not the most noble. I was raised on a world much like this one, a place of interstellar commerce. I wound up running with a bad crowd, a street gang who knew a magic tattoo artist. All of us got a tattoo or two, but each time one of us got a magic tattoo, everyone would get a non-magic tattoo just like it. That is why I have so many tattoos, only a few are real, the rest are non-magical copies."

Alvidan shows a few of his more visible tattoos, then continues, "Anyway, it was while I was running with the gang I realized I had a knack for fixing things. It did not take long to find out I was a budding Psi-tech. It took me a while to get up the wherewithal to get myself properly educated, but I finally did it and recently finished my schooling, though I will admit to not having the best grades in the class. I talked with someone I worked with during the Demon Invasion about further work, and they suggested I apply here. I am not sure about the reason for the suggestion, but I did a bit of spot research on Mercenary companies before coming over."

Perhaps this is the one thinks Érebos as he takes notice of the tattoos.

Then, as he sees more of them (including some he recognizes as magic), the Shadow Mage pieces it together.

Likely a T-man as well - strong chance this is the one, as such a coincidence seems highly unlikely.

"I, for one, am lacking in the mechanical skills department - and I don't believe that is your strong suit either, right Alex?" he says he looks at Alex while the Psi-Tech discusses his talents.

His skills and abilities could be useful to the Rogues - and, if he's what I think he is, he'll be no slouch in the combat department either.

Az Rael wrote:Realizing he is out of sorts he looks back to the man in time to see him showing tattoos and talking about his past. "Is that Aerihman?," he asks after catching what looked like marks of heritage on the man's wrist.

"Hey Nico, looks like we have an Aerihman in our midst. he says to his mystical friend. Hoping for a little more to make a solid confirmation Az Rael sits back in his chair, watchful and attentive.

Well, the cat is out of the bag now - no sense in hiding our Atlantean heritage. They'd find out sooner or later anyhow he thinks to himself. I really need to talk to my shadowy friend about OpSec. Does he not know we could be targeted for termination if our superiors feel there's a risk of compromise? "Loose lips sink ships" is the old pre-Rifts saying that comes to mind...

The Shadow Mage slowly nods at Az Rael, but his eyes have a certain level of dangerous intensity in them that he hopes the Shadow Assassin will pick up on. "It certainly does look that way, Alex. Small world, no?" he says, careful of his tone so as to to hide his irritation from being noticed audibly.

He then turns to Vortigern and asks, "Sir Vortigern - what do you know of True Atlanteans?"
Last edited by Érebos on Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Érebos
Current Status

Current Conditions:

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Vortigern » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92/33
JIC: 1d100 = 78
JIC: 1d20 = 18

Ahzek is clearly in play here on my behalf. Yet hiding his hand for one reason or another. I am grateful yet I am not foolish enough to believe he may not also have his own agenda.

Vortigern shifts his eyes back and forth amongst the three men in the room with him quietly for a moment before leaning back in his seat and letting his fingers thrum on the table before him in a repetitive, thoughtful, motion. "A great deal, Master Nicodemus. A great deal. And now three of the same Clan I am most closely associated with come in my door when I'm in need of men? Suffice to say I am not deceived, yet I am not ungrateful to my friend Consul Ahzek for what seems to be his rather obvious assistance." he says, his tone bemused. "Yet I will make one thing clear to each of you, regardless of who apparently sent you here. This Company, this Crew, is not a part of the Clan. It serves itself first and foremost, though patrons of note are welcome and appreciated. Including Consul Ahzek. If you join you will be swearing to that. To put the Company first. I appreciate the three of you here, and am open to your applications. Yet I will not have divided loyalties or attempts to suborn the Company into something other than what it is via your votes later." he says, his tone direct and unwavering.
Vortigern
Vortigern Tracker

Magic Dwarven Battle Axe
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Magic Dwarven Shield
Mundane Features
Magic Features

Summons Tracker
Carbunckle

Varya

Vortigern
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:47 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Alvidan responds to the interchange, "I will admit to being Aerihman by birth, and a fine and noble clan they are, strongly focused on the true heritage of Atlantis. It would do the other clans well to follow their leadership. Still, it is a hard path they follow."

That should provide a clue to his fellows, if they are indeed also of the Sunaj.

To the human, who has some familiarity with Atlanteans, "While I am on missions for the company, I will put the needs of the mission first. On my own time I reserve the right to pursue my own interests without it interfering with company missions. I do NOT cede the right of the company to dictate all my off duty actions. If this is unacceptable I can leave."

He will do company missions and Sunaj missions as he sees fit, and will try his best to keep the twain from meeting.

He adds, "You realize that Consul Azhek would hardly have time for someone like me, he is a very important and busy man. It is much more common for someone in his position to ask a functionary of some kind to take care of a problem." As far as he knows, that is the truth...he does not know if it was the Consul who was the Sunaj who gave him his orders, or even if he IS a Sunaj. It is a calculated neutral answer that can be interpreted many ways.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Consumer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:48 am

GM Reboot.

Skills
Az Rael
Perception: You notice no particular details about Alvidan's Tattoos. As you wouldn't have seen them before his current post. So you don't know he's Clan Aheriman.
Alvidan
Perception: You notice nothing of particular note.
Érebos
Perception: You notice that Alvidan has tattoos that mark him as Sunaj.
Vortigern
Perception: You notice nothing in particular. Alvidan's tattoos don't even seem special at all, he may be lying about the magicalness of them.

Alvidian proceeds to take off his crystal power armor, and most of the body glove he is wearing under it. This takes several minutes, and is surprisingly awkward. This leaves the others mildly confused, save for Érebos.

All other parts of the posts above are ignored as they are based on information that players don't have. So start from this post. ~Consumer

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Az Rael » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100
JIC: 1d20 = 18 and 1d100 = 45

Az Rael sit and listens to the man. This man seems to new to the game. Can he be a new asset or is this just coincidence? Not feeling very sure of the current situation he decides it is best to let things unfold. Better to play this out a bit more that get bound up in a bad situation While the man is talking a message comes in on Az Rael's console. He take a quick moment to read it, after which his confusion is increased. Foreign asset? Maybe it will be a woman. Nothing like exploiting an asset when its foreign.

Az Rael chuckles out loud lost in his own thought and almost oblivious to the new recruit. Realizing he is out of sorts he looks back to the man in time to see him undressing. "Wow man, this isn't that kind of interview.

Fully focused on the meeting now he wondered, Maybe this is the asset. But why would they send us such a green operator? He takes a second to look down at his console and forwards the coded message to Erebos. "Hey Nico, what are you doing later? he says looking up at his mystical friend.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/53%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 8
JIC (100): 1d100 = 97

Consumer wrote:GM Reboot.

Skills
Érebos
Perception: You notice that Alvidan has tattoos that mark him as Sunaj.

Alvidian proceeds to take off his crystal power armor, and most of the body glove he is wearing under it. This takes several minutes, and is surprisingly awkward. This leaves the others mildly confused, save for Érebos.

All other parts of the posts above are ignored as they are based on information that players don't have. So start from this post. ~Consumer

Ahh, this must be the one previously mentioned thinks Érebos as he recognizes Sunaj-specific tattoos. He glances at Az Rael, who seems distracted and not seeing the same thing the Shadow Mage sees.

Psi-Tech, hmm? His skill set will prove immanently useful to the Rogues, and - if he's what I suspect he is - he will be no slouch in combat, either.

Az Rael wrote:Az Rael sit and listens to the man. While the man is talking a message comes in on Az Rael's console. Az Rael chuckles out loud lost in his own thought and almost oblivious to the new recruit. Realizing he is out of sorts he looks back to the man in time to see him undressing. "Wow man, this isn't that kind of interview.

The Umbral Sorcerer snorts at this last comment. Good one!

Az Rael wrote:He takes a second to look down at his console and forwards the coded message to Erebos. "Hey Nico, what are you doing later? he says looking up at his mystical friend.

Érebos looks at the Shadow Assassin for a moment.

You know damn well what I'm doing later - the same 'hunt' that Sir Vortigern mentioned to you. What are you up to now, 'Alex'? he thinks briefly, while composing his response.

"No new plans, other than what we had discussed earlier with Sir Vortigern...." he replies.

"I need to finish getting everything situated here, though. I was considering a brief tour of the area before the evening sets in... I can't say I've ever really looked around. You mentioned the marketplace - care to show me the places you looked at earlier?" he says to Az Rael, hoping for some "away" time with "Alex", as they have much to discuss.
Last edited by Érebos on Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Érebos
Current Status

Current Conditions:

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:18 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 100
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 18 and Original post: 1d100 = 45

Érebos wrote:"No new plans, other than what we had discussed earlier with Sir Vortigern...." he replies.
"I need to finish getting everything situated here, though. Was considering a brief tour of the area before the evening sets in, though. I can't say I've ever really looked around. You mentioned the marketplace - care to show me the places you looked at earlier?" he says to Az Rael, hoping for some "away" time with "Alex", as they have much to discuss.

"A walk before the hunt sounds like a fine idea. I am so glad you thought of it. Maybe we will be able to find what I was looking for this time around. It was a pretty disheveled mess out there." Az Rael replies to his shadowy friend. I wonder if Vortigern will invite our new young friend. Young, that sounds so weird coming from me. How long has Erebos used this word to describe me. I never imagined one would come younger but I imagine that is the way of life. Feeling a bit odd philosophizing like an old man Az Rael quickly tries to clear his mind.

"Sir Vortigern, what time should we make ourselves available for this hunt. I want to make sure we do not miss it. It sounds very exciting," he say to Vortigern with a very excited and youthful tone.

Thoughtfully Az Rael sits back in his chair. I am very interested to know if this new recruit is the first new asset that was mentioned on the coded message. I wonder who the third party will be as well. Leadership is putting a lot into this group, they must have big plans. Knowing that Erobos' note is still in his pocket Az Rael considers what he wants to talk about. Is Nico getting messages that he hasn't told me about? Hmm..."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 4 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5
JIC: 1d20 = 13
JIC%: 1d100 = 80

Alvidan powers down his force field and removes parts of his armor including his helmet and gauntlets so that he can be seen and appear more trusting (and, thus, trustworthy).

As Alvidan works on removing his armor, he explains, "My background is not the most noble. I was raised on a world much like this one, a place of interstellar commerce. I wound up running with a bad crowd, a street gang who knew a magic tattoo artist. All of us got a tattoo or two, but each time one of us got a magic tattoo, everyone would get a non-magic tattoo just like it. That is why I have so many tattoos, only a few are real, the rest are non-magical copies."

When Alvidan finishes taking off enough of his armor to show his main tattoos, which are on his arms and torso and face. The idea is that a Sunaj will recognize a Sunaj tattoo, especially the explosion one. Others will assume such tattoos are among the ones with no effect he mentioned having. One of the tricks of lying he knows, tell the truth, but not the full truth, and people will usually make assumptions that cover for you.

He tells the "Captain" the truth, most of his tattoos are fake only a few have powers. With that truth, the assumption that anything not a standard tattoo is not powered is fostered in the mind and encouraged. Similarly most people are certain that a full Tattooed Man can not be a Master Psionic (if they even know of Tattooed Men), not knowing of the ways the Sunaj overcome this limitation. By revealing that he is a Psi-Tech, a type of master psionic, people assume more of his tattoos are fake than really are.

Since what he is saying is TRUE, he does not expect to have any trouble being believed. It is not the WHOLE truth, but it is true as far as it goes.

Psychology may not be his forte, but he has have fair training at some aspects of practical application.

If the astral form of the Promethian passes by, he will wave. He can see astral creatures at least.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm

**ROLLS HELD**

Az Rael wrote:"A walk before the hunt sounds like a fine idea. I am so glad you thought of it. Maybe we will be able to find what I was looking for this time around. It was a pretty disheveled mess out there."

Érebos nods in agreement, and turns to listen to the rest of the "interview."

Maybe the market will have that silencer I've been wanting to get for a while... he thinks to himself.

The Shadow Mage glances at his portable computer as a new message registers, but decides against looking at it for the moment, more interested in what the half-dressed Sunaj Assassin Psi-Tech in front of him has to say.

Certainly is forthcoming, isn't he?
Érebos
Current Status

Current Conditions:

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:47 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 100
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 18 and Original post: 1d100 = 45

Az Rael sits listening to the new recruit. Psi-tech does sound interesting. Too bad we don't have more detail on the new mission. This man doesn't seem foreign. Is he the asset? Are there two assets? A face to face with the handler would be great but who knows if we are being monitored at this point. Maybe Erobos will have some ideas about it later.

Az Rael looks over to Vidan and says, "How much real world experience do you have? Any other groups you have worked with yet? Votigern has been quite, he must be seriously considering the sudden flood of applicants with little adverts. I hope this doesn't hurt our main mission objectives. he thinks to himself without looking over at Vortigern.

"Do you have any other useful skills or abilities Vidan? If this is the asset I can't tell yet.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:43 pm

(Rolls Carried Over)
Alvidan responds, "Just the usual stuff mostly, for a Psi Tech. I specialized in Starships and Weapons. I know how to navigate a ship and to handle power armor, and I am perhaps a bit better in a scrap than most psi techs. Possibly I am a bit above average at getting about unseen, but nothing special."

It appears he is not a braggart, perhaps he is downplaying some of his accomplishments. Still, he is not claiming anything exceptional, so possibly he is just the average Psi-tech he claims.

He adds, "I got some of my basic psi skill training among the Noro, I bought my armor there. I was rewarded my sword for my efforts during the recent Demonic Incursion. The details of both are in the paperwork, if you want to contact my employers."

Of course, the Noro are pretty far away from Phase World, generally speaking. The events surrounding his getting the sword are likely much easier to check out.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Consumer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:22 pm

A strange series of events

As the Sunaj talk, Vortigern gets a displeased look on his face. "This isn't going to work." He mutters before getting up from the table and leaving. Anyone who watches see's the man gather his stuff and his minions and leaves the building and the pad. He doesn't respond to questions and in less than five minutes he is gone. This leaves the three True Atlanteans alone in the building with only security personnel in the lobby and the service drones wandering around the building.

About twenty minutes after Vortigern's departure a flash of light and rapidly disintegrating raven feathers are proceeded by a small boom. This is all Suddenly there stands a woman who would be goddess. Valrún stands on a landing pad next to what she could only describe as an ugly monstrosity of a starship. Across the pad is a two story building that wouldn't be out of place on many worlds. All of this goes unknown to those inside the building save maybe the security guard on duty.

What are your intentions?

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Valrún » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29/37% (+5% if on a ley line) (pass)
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 79

Valrún looks around regally, taking in the view as she mumbles under her breath, "Thanks so much Dad. I'm sure the flashy entrance will work great here." That is one of the ugliest ships I've seen. I suppose for a group calling itself the Rogues it works. Shiny pretty ship would stand out to much. She looks between the ship and the building, as if trying to make a choice. I suppose I'll try the building first. That is likely their headquarters where I will find them. Their defenses could use some work. I got Rifted here and no one raised an alarm. Tsk Tsk. She takes her helmet off and decides the building is the place to begin.

Walking up to the building, she looks for a comm panel to announce herself. After finding it she gives any obvious camera a trustworthy and charming smile, and begins, "Hello there. I am Valrún, and I have come seeking the Galactic Rogues. If you are them, and I suspect you are, we have business to discuss I think. One that may be mutually advantageous." Time to begin this. There are things going on here, and I would know what they are. She waits patiently with a grin on her face, acting as if she all the time in the world to wait.
Last edited by Valrún on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goddess in the Making

M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Mage Armor, Enhanced
Helmet 50/50
Right Arm 25/25
Left Arm 25/25
Right Leg 45/45
Left Leg 45/45
Main Body 90/90 M.D.C.

Carried
NE-105 Super Rail Gun
Range:
Rail Gun: 4,000'
Electric Arc: 200'
Damage:
Rail Gun: 5D6 M.D. short burst, 1D6x10 M.D. long burst
Electric Arc: 2D6 M.D., 4D6 M.D. to unshielded electronic devices (humanoids must save vs. Lethal Poison or lose initiative and -2 APM)
Rate of Fire: Short bursts (10 rounds), long bursts (20 rounds) and single electric arc attacks only
Payload:
Rail Gun: 3,000 round ammo drum
Electrical Arc: 90 per hip generator; regenerates 30 blasts per hour
Weight: 120 lbs. for the gun, 10 lbs. for the NE hip pack generator, and 100 lbs. for the ammo drum
Features: None
Modifiers: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons
-3 to dodge and roll with impact if carrying an ammo drum on shoulder
P.S. of 30+, Robotic or Bionic P.S. 24+, or SN P.S. 20+: minimum P.S. required to use
P.S. 30<: character unable to wield, -12 to strike even if it is braced
Book Reference: p.33, DB8

1 ammo drum (3,000 rounds) carried on back

NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridges per magazine
Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: Characters with a P.S. of 17 or less are -2 to strike even on an aimed shot; W.P. Energy Pistol
Book Reference: p.117, DB2
One clip in pistol on left thigh. 2 clips in magazine pouch on utility belt.

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)\
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
Valrún

Postby Consumer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Valrún wrote:"Hello there. I am Valrún, and I have come seeking the Galactic Rogues. If you are them, and I suspect you are, we have business to discuss I think. One that may be mutually advantageous."

The door to the building opens up and Valrún sees a rather stark looking lobby with a single guard in Naruni Body armor sitting behind a kiosk. Valrún isn't sure but the guard may be laughing. "You would like to speak with the Galactic Rogues? That can be arranged." The guard says with a modulated voice. Pressing a button on his kiosk, the guard speaks again. "A woman to see the Galactic Rogues, should I let her into the conference room?" The guard releases the button and looks back up to Valrún. "Impressive arrival by the way, the feathers was a nice touch." Valrún is sure he's laughing again.

From inside the building the speakers cut out as an intercom transmission comes through. "A woman to see the Galactic Rogues, should I let her into the conference room?"

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Valrún » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:31 pm

<rolls held>

Consumer wrote:The door to the building opens up and Valrún sees a rather stark looking lobby with a single guard in Naruni Body armor sitting behind a kiosk. Valrún isn't sure but the guard may be laughing. "You would like to speak with the Galactic Rogues? That can be arranged." The guard says with a modulated voice. Pressing a button on his kiosk, the guard speaks again. "A woman to see the Galactic Rogues, should I let her into the conference room?" The guard releases the button and looks back up to Valrún. "Impressive arrival by the way, the feathers was a nice touch." Valrún is sure he's laughing again.

As Valrún looks around the lobby, she doesn't look impressed. Rather bland. I suppose they don't want to advertise, but the lobby could look a little less...functional and a little more stylish. Doesn't do for clients or buyers to be unimpressed. "Well, I am glad that can be arranged. I look forward to meeting them." Valrún stands for a moment, cocks her head to the right a little, then looks at the security guard, "I don't suppose you have a place to store this while I wait? It isn't heavy but I do find that most people prefer meetings with less firepower than I normally carry." As she says this she shows the guard her rail gun and its ammo drum. "And yes, the arrival was impressive. My father does like to make a statement. Leaves no ambiguity about things when he does." I suppose he finds something amusing. I will never understand some mortals, they laugh when they should be awed.
Goddess in the Making

M.D.C.: 158/158
P.P.E.: 233/233

Mage Armor, Enhanced
Helmet 50/50
Right Arm 25/25
Left Arm 25/25
Right Leg 45/45
Left Leg 45/45
Main Body 90/90 M.D.C.

Carried
NE-105 Super Rail Gun
Range:
Rail Gun: 4,000'
Electric Arc: 200'
Damage:
Rail Gun: 5D6 M.D. short burst, 1D6x10 M.D. long burst
Electric Arc: 2D6 M.D., 4D6 M.D. to unshielded electronic devices (humanoids must save vs. Lethal Poison or lose initiative and -2 APM)
Rate of Fire: Short bursts (10 rounds), long bursts (20 rounds) and single electric arc attacks only
Payload:
Rail Gun: 3,000 round ammo drum
Electrical Arc: 90 per hip generator; regenerates 30 blasts per hour
Weight: 120 lbs. for the gun, 10 lbs. for the NE hip pack generator, and 100 lbs. for the ammo drum
Modifiers: W.P. Heavy M.D. Weapons
-3 to dodge and roll with impact if carrying an ammo drum on shoulder
P.S. of 30+, Robotic or Bionic P.S. 24+, or SN P.S. 20+: minimum P.S. required to use
P.S. 30<: character unable to wield, -12 to strike even if it is braced
Book Reference: p.33, DB8

1 ammo drum (3,000 rounds) carried on back

NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol
Range: 500'
Damage: 1D4x10 M.D.
Rate of Fire: Single shots only
Payload: 10 NE-003PC "Standard" Plasma Cartridges per magazine
Weight: 6 lbs.
Modifiers: Characters with a P.S. of 17 or less are -2 to strike even on an aimed shot; W.P. Energy Pistol
Book Reference: p.117, DB2
One clip in pistol on left thigh. 2 clips in magazine pouch on utility belt.

Constant Effects
Fire and Cold Resistant 1/2 damage
Bio-regenerates 1d6x5 M.D.C. per minutes (4 melees)\
Sense Rifts 90 mile radius
Sense Ley Line 30 mile radius
Sense Magic in Use 300' radius
Valrún

Postby Alvidan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:03 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 11
JIC%: 1d100 = 77

Alvidan frowns when the one who had declared himself captain unexpectedly leaves. He comments, "That was strange. Shall we continue the interview, or do we need to wait for a senior member to arrive?" The odds are good the place is fully monitored, while he could do something about that with his psychic abilities, it is better to save Sunaj discussions for times when there are no watchers. He is hoping these two are at least part of those he was sent to aid...but he is not certain of that yet...though if they are Sunaj seeing his explosion tattoo will confirm that he is to the...that was the point of this display.

At that point the Intercom cut in announcing a new visitor. Alvidan notes, "Busy day, word must be out that this company is recruiting...unless this is someone wanting to hire the company."
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 38/53%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 11
JIC (100): 1d100 = 47

Consumer wrote:A strange series of events

As the Sunaj talk, Vortigern gets a displeased look on his face. "This isn't going to work." He mutters before getting up from the table and leaving. Anyone who watches see's the man gather his stuff and his minions and leaves the building and the pad. He doesn't respond to questions and in less than five minutes he is gone. This leaves the three True Atlanteans alone in the building with only security personnel in the lobby and the service drones wandering around the building.

Érebos is alarmed at the abrupt and erratic behavior exhibited by Sir Vortigern.

Although I haven't known the man very long, this seems very odd and out of character for him. What's going on? he thinks while puzzling over the sudden change of pace.

When Vortigern heads toward the door, Érebos says, "Sir Vortigern - what in the Three Galaxies is going on? This is most unu-" and then stops as Sir Vortigern, refusing to answer any questions, leaves the building without hesitation.

Érebos stands with his mouth open, the sentence half-finished, and blinks a few times at the surreal scene unfolding in front of him.

How odd... I wonder if he's in trouble with Thraxus? And, where is the Promethean? Perhaps he can shed light on this? I recall him saying he was 'stepping out'...

Érebos glances at Az Rael and the newcomer while he formulates a plan to proceed.

Alvidan wrote:Alvidan frowns when the one who had declared himself captain unexpectedly leaves. He comments, "That was strange. Shall we continue the interview, or do we need to wait for a senior member to arrive?"

Taking the bull by the horns, in a rare display of openness, but feeling unsure of the future of the Rogues given the recent turn of events - the Shadow Mage briefly holds up his left palm to the newcomer at the table, making his "Explosion" tattoo clearly visible to the Psi-Tech. To an observer, it looks as if he is merely holding up his hand in a "stop" motion.

"Know that you are among brothers, Alvidan," he says with a nod and a slight smile. "However, this sudden departure of Sir Vortigern has me quite vexed. Granted, we haven't known the man for long, but... this is most uncharacteristic and sudden of him. And, final, it seems, as well. One wonders if this is Thraxus' doing?" he says thoughtfully.

Érebos makes a mental note to access the facility computers later and gather as much information about it, the facility security systems, and any other available data about the Rogues and their dealings with Thraxus as soon as is feasible.

Alvidan wrote:At that point the Intercom cut in announcing a new visitor. Alvidan notes, "Busy day, word must be out that this company is recruiting...unless this is someone wanting to hire the company."

The Umbral Sorcerer nods. "Indeed, this day gets stranger and stranger..." he muses out loud, as he heads towards the lobby.

Stopping suddenly, he turns to Alvidan and says, "Oh - and welcome to the Galactic Rogues. In Sir Vortigern's absence, I will assume a temporary leadership role. There is also a Promethean named Bryke - who has psychic powers, as befits one of his race - who has, the last we heard, 'stepped out''. I don't know what to make of him yet..." he trails off as he heads toward the front lobby where their latest guest awaits.
Érebos
Current Status

Current Conditions:

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Previous

Return to Phase World: Center