[GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Dimensional Nexus of the Megaverse

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115

Postby Alvidan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:12 pm

(Rolls carried over)

Vidan states, "I can find our what is on that datastick with just a touch, that is easy for any Psi-tech. I actually specialized in repair of starships and weaponry, which is why it was suggested I join a Mercenary Company, I should be able to help out. I could USE the ship, but not PILOT it, I would have to use my psychic powers to control it, not standard piloting abilities."

OOC Comments
Reading the memory should be a standard telemechanics function and not even cost ISP, but if required I will use Machine Merge to get to the data. Also if required CompUter Operations 1d100 = 69 of 50%

That much should be easy...
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 69/129
I.S.P.: 77/103
M.D.C.: 80/80

Armor: NE-BA 26 Special Body Armor: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)

Gear: Grav Pack

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Impervious to Shape Shifting
HF/AF 12 if recognized as a True Atlantean
Sense Vampires within 1000'
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Names & Nicknames: Alvidan, Vidan, Sutnalel (as Sunaj)
Alvidan

Postby Alvidan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:37 pm

Alvidan access the drive and reports the following information as being on it
  • Small Profile for The Dread Pirate Nâgh.
  • Navigational Information on Jarus Prison, and it's surrounding local.

Jarus This small single star system has planets and a rather sizeable asteroid belt.

• The sun is a basic yellow sun, that is a bit on the small side as far as suns go.
  • Jarus 1: A molten rock that is too close the the local star to be habitable or even useful for mineral purposes.
  • Jarus 2: Another lifeless rock that a unusual ovoid shape. The surface is battered and scarred from millennium of meteorite strikes and has no atmosphere to speak of.
  • Jarus' Asteroid belt. A few small mining operations are located here, but the majority of the wealth had already been carted off by much larger mining consortiums. The only location of note is Jarus Prison, which used to be a mining hub, but was converted into a prison when the large corporations moved out.
  • Jarus 3: A toxic gas covered planet on the edge of the system.

Information: Jarus Station]Formerly a mining station that was retrofitted into a super-max security prison.
Known Defenses:
  • Automated Point defense guns: These are for destroying asteroids and meteorites that stray too close to the station.
  • Laser Canon Turrets: 8 turrets spaced about the station provide defense from outside threats.
  • 2 Space Fighters (Unknown model/make)
  • Prison Guards. (Approximately 150 guards)

Alviidan comments, "If it used to be a mining station, there should be records in whatever place the company was chartered about the original design. That is a starting point at least."
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 69/129
I.S.P.: 77/103
M.D.C.: 80/80

Armor: NE-BA 26 Special Body Armor: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)

Gear: Grav Pack

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Impervious to Shape Shifting
HF/AF 12 if recognized as a True Atlantean
Sense Vampires within 1000'
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Names & Nicknames: Alvidan, Vidan, Sutnalel (as Sunaj)
Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:38 pm

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 1
JIC:Original post: 1d20 = 19

Vidan Provides the information on the disk and Az Rael takes notes making sure to ask questions and get it all written down.The Dread Pirate Nâgh huh, must not be too dreadful. He got caught. Some powerful friends though to pay to get him out."Alright folks, we have our target and we have our location. Now we need to gather as much info as possible. Nico is working on our equipment inventory, Vidan and Bryke can look over the ship and I'll work on researching what I can about the prison. In the mean time think about possible scenarios for entry. Nothing is too far fetched until we prove it so. Lets meet back here tomorrow morning to discuss what we have come up with." Az Rael looks around at the team, Do we have what it takes? We will find out for sure. he stand up and walks to his room. On the way he stops at the guard station to talk with B. "B. Please let me know when maintenance has the lighting squared away and the intercoms installed.

In his room Az Rael start the heavy task of researching anything he can think of that will help the crew come up with a viable solution or two for breaching this prison. Maybe we can sneak in by impersonating someone, maybe bribe someone to give us access. There is the guns blazing tactic, Vort would have liked that. Maybe sneak in. We need information on their security, personnel and building plans. Maybe some information on past inmates might come in handy Az Rael engulfs himself in the long and arduous task.

Research 65% vs 1d100 = 92 - Research the prison security systems.
Research 65% vs 1d100 = 100 - Research the prison security systems. Second attempt, lots of coffee
Research 65% vs 1d100 = 72 - Research the prison personnel, looking for current and past employees, looking for any currently on center.
Research 65% vs 1d100 = 14 - Research the prison personnel, looking for current and past employees, looking for any currently on center. Second attempt, even more coffee
Research 65% vs 1d100 = 55 - Research blueprints for the facility old or new, anything I can find.
Research 65% vs 1d100 = 34 - Research past inmates of the prison, special attention to any who might currently be on center.
Intelligence 55% vs 1d100 = 19 - Sort through all the information I find and identify what is most important.
Lore: Dimensions 40% vs 1d100 = 92 - Anything I might know about the Jarus system not already stated.
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 49%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 9 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:05 am

Skills
Alvidan:
  • Reading the memory should be a standard telemechanics function and not even cost ISP, but if required I will use Machine Merge to get to the data. Also if required Computer Operations: Works as planned.
GM Note: You were using the wrong percentages. If you read a computer via Telemechanics, use your telemechanics percentage as it is clearly superior to your normal skill roll. ~Consumer
Az Rael:
  • Research (Research the prison security systems.): Turrets and Forcefields, those are all standard right? (2 Hours)
  • Research (Research the prison security systems. Second attempt, lots of coffee): They don't put security systems in prisons. (4 hours)
  • Research (Research the prison personnel, looking for current and past employees, looking for any currently on center.): No online presence it seems. (3 hours)
  • Research (Research the prison personnel, looking for current and past employees, looking for any currently on center. Second attempt, even more coffee): Even with a deeper look, apparently Prisons are notorious for keeping said information under tight wraps, Az Rael finds no usable info on this front. (6 hours)
  • Research (Research blueprints for the facility old or new, anything I can find.): Az Rael finds a positively ancient rough map of the old mining facility dating back 400 years ago. (5 Hours)
  • Research (Research past inmates of the prison, special attention to any who might currently be on center.) This turns out to be a rather fruitless search, as it seems this prison is where the CCW sends people to live out life sentences. (1 hour)
  • Intelligence (Sort through all the information I find and identify what is most important.): The fact that the prison is built in a 400+ year old mining facilty and that as far as Az Rael knows, has no security systems. Or the fact that all the inmates are lifers is an interesting note as well.
  • Lore: Dimensions (Anything I might know about the Jarus system not already stated.): Az Rael is pretty sure the information given isn't even correct, which is confusing seeing as his inside knowledge of who sent the information to him.
GM Note: 21 hours worth of research performed here. ~Consumer
Érebos:
  • Computer Operation (pull up and verify database created earlier): Either corrupted file, or forgot to save.
  • Field Armorer & Munitions Expert (adjust and check all weapons and equipment within the range of this skill for fitness, proper maintenance, and suitability for duty): All of the gear looks well maintained, and fit for duty.
  • Field Armorer & Munitions Expert (double checking! Adjust and check all weapons and equipment within the range of this skill for fitness, proper maintenance, and suitability for duty): All of the gear looks well maintained, and fit for duty.
  • Computer Operation (re-create full database for HQ + TWS inventory): Done well. See Group equipment thread.
  • Computer Operation (double checking database and sending to Az Rael): Seems to have worked this time.
Bryke:
  • No Skills Used.

The next few days are a strange blur of activity as Az Rael sequesters himself in front of a computer for twenty plus hours. Érebos spends a great deal of that time going over the gear in the armory, even going so far as to go back over his work when he's done. Alvidan speculates a bit, but doesn't do much else. Bryke spends a chunk of the time looking over the Promethean Fighter, and finds it to much the same as when he piloted it last. except the consumables had been topped off.

In the end two days have passed and the group is now on the clock to acquire their live cargo.

Eventually one by one the group makes it onto The Wrong Ship, it's here that they are subjected to the reality of how nothing ever truly dies in the universe. The ship is a Golgan frieghter frame, noticeable due to hits stark utilitarian angles ans shapes, with both CCW and Naruni ship components filling in the rest. It has a motley array of color schemes, from gloss black common in Naruni equipment, to battleship grey from CCW ships, and a whole assortment of rusted/patinaed plates as filler. There are open panels with exposed wires and machinery all over. The things the ship does have going for it are the fact it's fully fueled and stocked for up to a four month trip, which given the Jarus system will take the ship approximately a month to reach, is comforting.

GM Notes/Questions: I am assuming the group will begin to make it's way to the Jarus system. So I need the following positions covered.
Pilot (with two piloting rolls), Navigation (with one navigation roll), Communications: With one Radio: Basic & one Invoke trust or Charm/Impress.

I will be covering the Group funds Requests during this time, with the assumption that all of the shopping was done just before leaving center.

Also, The maintenance requests will be taken care of while the group is away.

If I missed anything please let me know. ~Consumer
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Érebos » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100/53% Critical fail
see perception modifiers here -->
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d100 = 45
Oops - rolled % for the d20. Fixed here: --> JIC (20): 1d20 = 20
JIC (100): 1d100 = 56

Érebos finishes his inventory, sends the results to Az Rael, and then retires to his room with a stack of grimoires. After packing and preparing for the trip, he spends 14 hours of the next day as a recluse, studying the first one intensely as the group prepares to leave.

He suggests the following items be brought on TWS and put in the armory, if they are not already:
  • everything in the "other gear" list
  • half the Ordnance and Ammo list
  • half the vehicles
  • all of the armor
  • the following weapons: 10 vibro-knives, 3 hi-10 heavy laser pistols, 2x NE-4 plasma cartidge pistols, 2x NE-10 plasma cartridge rifles, 4x HI-80 Combat laser rifles, 2x laser sub-machine guns, the NE-97 "Triple Threat", and the CR-1 knockoff.
  • everything in the magical gear

Anything else he will recommend be placed in GR HQ storage.

When (if?) the new equipment arrives, he will spend that day sorting, inventorying, and placing the equipment in its proper location (likely on TWS, depending on what arrives).

I haven't heard much from Az Rael lately... he must be buried in research thinks the Shadow Mage.

He notices the Promethean checking out the Ghost.

Interesting ship... heard about these but haven't flown one before.

On The Wrong Ship

The Shadow Mage takes the helm and does his best to pilot the ship to their destination.

Skill Rolls (Pilot)
Pilot: Spacecraft Advanced (pilot roll #1 specified by Consumer)--> 1d100 = 46/55%
Pilot: Spacecraft Advanced (pilot roll #2 specified by Consumer)--> 1d100 = 13/55%

This training I invested in had better pay off he thinks to himself.
Érebos, AKA "Nicodemus Obelius", AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 39/39
P.P.E.: 117/204

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 66
JIC: 1d20 = 1 and 1d100 = 92

Starting Location: Az Rael’s Room

After an entire day in front of the computer Az Rael is completely depleted. All that effort and little to nothing to show for it, he thinks to himself. He stands up from the computer and heads in the bathroom to take a shower and refresh himself. Maybe I can search some more on the way. We just have so little to base a plan on. I would hate to even head in the direction of the prison so blind, but we are on the clock. Could this, should this, come down to the old fashion blast our way in? Az Rael wrestles internally about what the perfect order of action should be and quickly realizes there is no perfect solution. Maybe we just need to fly by the seat of our pants on this one.

After the shower Az Rael checks his computer for any messages. He receives the inventory results from Erebos and his list of suggested items to load on the wrong ship fort his mission. After a thorough review he finds that the shadow mage has produced a very long, compete list. Nothing like a little paranoia to help you plan for a mission, he thinks to himself. Az Rael calls down to the front desk, ”B, I am sending you a list of equipment I wish to be moved to the wrong ship. Please make sure it happens quickly and completely." He then forwards the list to B.

Az Rael gathers all his gear and brings it down to the wrong ship and stores it in his room on the ship. After he has everything stored he makes his way to the front of the ship and greets Erebos, ”Hey Nico,” he says with a wink. ”I have everything you requested being delivered to the ship, thorough list. Thank you.” Az Rael take a seat at the communication console and preps for flight.

Radio: Basic 55% vs 1d100 = 89 – As requested.
Sensory Equipment 30% vs 1d100 = 53 – to see if he can operate the sensors.
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60% vs 1d100 = 22– As requested.

After he finishes prepping he turns to Erebos. ”20 hours and I didn’t come up with much. I found an ancient map of the place when it was a mining facility. Couldn’t find anything relevant on security. Did find out that most of the inmates are all lifers. Maybe they just abandon them there. They supposedly have 150 guards. You would think I would have found a little bit more on personnel. I may try to research a little bit more on the way. Gonna be a long ride. You seen the new meat or the promethean?”

Looking back at the controls Az Rael begins to struggle internally again. Someone must have more info on this place. This is either going to be really easy or really hard and I think I know where my money would be.

+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Bryke » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Perception: 1d100+10 = 85
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 92
Initiative: 1d20 = 17

Before leaving to ‘bag a pirate’:

Bryke steals away, by phase warping to its room. There it gathers what the promethean feels will be needed for the mission. The Time Master looks lovingly over to its trusty phase cannon as soon as it returns to its room and makes sure to have all the phase cannons ammo, cleaning kit, etc. and does the same for the Vulcan and the two phase beamers.

All that fire power and it dawns on the little giant that this will never be enough to slay the 30’ tall “Dominators”.

I need real power… not merely machines.’ Bryke thinks. ‘To kill them all, I must become more than what I am now.

After placing all its heavy weaponry onto the Star Ghost, and the Draygon rifle into the “Wrong Ship’s” armory, and after all flight and weapon systems have been checked and made ready, Bryke speaks to the group,
I have some last minute things to attend to, I will be back before we launch. You can reach me on comms should we need to leave sooner for any reason.”

Bryke then heads out to find a wizard.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

While on ship:

The promethean meditates often to replenish its energies fully. It also speaks as much as needed with the rogues to determine their course of action.
We can scout with the Ghost for as long as necessary before we actually strike. We will need as much intel as we can get.” The promethean then begins to ponder by rubbing a non-existing beard absently.
That’s my ‘½ a creds worth’ on it.”
These guys better not turn out to just be a bunch of meatbags, otherwise this crew won’t be able to go where I’m going- I was starting to like them.’
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/180
ISP: 125/75
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:04 am

Az Rael wrote:Az Rael gathers all his gear and brings it down to the wrong ship and stores it in his room on the ship. After he has everything stored he makes his way to the front of the ship and greets Erebos, ”Hey Nico,” he says with a wink. ”I have everything you requested being delivered to the ship, thorough list. Thank you.” Az Rael take a seat at the communication console and preps for flight.

The Shadow Mage nods at Az Rael. "Looks like no one has taken inventory in quite some time, Cap'n. There were supplies and equipment scattered all around - some of it could prove useful as well. Hopefully this list will help give us what we need on our trips."

Need to get our Psi-Tech to do a sweep of The Wrong Ship and the Star Ghost as well. Someone could be watching our every move... he thinks, paranoia spinning up once more.

Az Rael wrote:After he finishes prepping he turns to Erebos. ”20 hours and I didn’t come up with much. I found an ancient map of the place when it was a mining facility. Couldn’t find anything relevant on security. Did find out that most of the inmates are all lifers. Maybe they just abandon them there. They supposedly have 150 guards. You would think I would have found a little bit more on personnel. I may try to research a little bit more on the way. Gonna be a long ride. You seen the new meat or the promethean?”

Érebos points in the direction of the Star Ghost. "Saw the Promethean looking over that weird ship of his earlier. Not sure where the psi-tech is, but we need him around... for several reasons... " he says cryptically.

When Az Rael mentions the research, the Umbral Sorcerer shakes his head. "There's gotta be more than that; otherwise, we're practically flying blind."

He stops, and turns to look directly at Az Rael. "It is my recommendation that we not get near the target system until we have complete and thorough information about the facility. We need to know about their security, guard schedules, the layout... in short, a good dossier. Have you considered hiring some professionals if we can't dig it up ourselves?" he asks.

Better we pay someone for the right info than go in blind...
Érebos, AKA "Nicodemus Obelius", AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 39/39
P.P.E.: 117/204

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos

Re: [GR] Skyline Landing Pad 0114-0115 -WIP

Postby Az Rael » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:22 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 66
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 1 and Original post: 1d100 = 92

Starting Location: The Wrong Ship

Érebos wrote:The Shadow Mage nods at Az Rael. "Looks like no one has taken inventory in quite some time, Cap'n. There were supplies and equipment scattered all around - some of it could prove useful as well. Hopefully this list will help give us what we need on our trips."

Érebos points in the direction of the Star Ghost. "Saw the Promethean looking over that weird ship of his earlier. Not sure where the psi-tech is, but we need him around... for several reasons... " he says cryptically.

When Az Rael mentions the research, the Umbral Sorcerer shakes his head. "There's gotta be more than that; otherwise, we're practically flying blind."

He stops, and turns to look directly at Az Rael. "It is my recommendation that we not get near the target system until we have complete and thorough information about the facility. We need to know about their security, guard schedules, the layout... in short, a good dossier. Have you considered hiring some professionals if we can't dig it up ourselves?" he asks.

Az Rael looks over at Erebos, "I don't think I am running this radio right. I'm going to try again.

Radio: Basic 55% vs 1d100 = 34

"We need to get the ghost in the hold of The Wrong Ship before we leave. I need to Radio Bryke and make sure he does that when he gets back from shopping. Yeah, I think we are flying blind on this one and I won’t lie, it scares me a bit." Az Rael looks back to the controls trying to get a feel for the ships communications console. The ship is new to him and the controls are much different than he is used to. This is all gonna be a steep learning curve. Better learn fast Az or people are gonna get hurt, he thinks to himself as he familiarizes himself.

Az Rael keys up the radio on the team channel, "Bryke, when you get back I need you to fly the ghost into the hold in the wrong ship for transport. Please acknowledge."

”I think your right, we need to scout the place out a bit. I am thinking we drop in close and take the ghost in. That way we can get direct intel instead of relying on what we find.” he says to Erebos without looking up from the controls. "We need more info and I intend to do a little more research before leave once we have the ship flight ready. If I'm going to run this crew, you know I will be leaning on you pretty heavy. You have always been there and I hope you know you are needed here. This is our chance."

”I saw some gauntlets on the inventory you sent me. I think you should use em. I know you don't like heavy armor. They may come in handly for you”, he says to Erebos finally looking back up at him from the controls. Once he is comfortable he has figured out the radio controls he stands up, "I'm gonna hit the computer up a bit more before we loose any research ability during the flight. If anything comes up, I'll be in my room on the ship." With that Az Rael heads back to his quarters and takes out his computer and tries to see if he can find anything more on the prison security.

Research 65% vs 1d100 = 6 - research for about 2-3 hrs on the security for the prison they are heading to.
Research 65% vs 1d100 = 22 - take a coffee break and research the prison's security for another 2-3 hrs.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 am

After all of the preparations are made the team makes ready to leave. The group runs into it's first snag as it takes well over an hour to get someone of authority to release the ship for flight into night sky and beyond. Once contact is made, Az Rael is quickly able to convince the flight controller of the importance of their trip and gets permission tom take off. Érebos pilots the ship a bit shakily at first, nearly hitting another pad on the way out, but is able to get the ship into orbit and from there the Le Grange point of the system to make the jump form real space to FTL.

During this time Az Rael tries to dig up more information, but keeps getting vexed at every turn. Once the ship makes the jump into FTL he loses a solid connection and is left with the information that he has.

Alvidan manages to plot a course from Phase World to the Janus system, or he's says he did...

Continue Posting Here.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Previous

Return to Phase World: Center