[GA] Back in the Saddle

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Bashka waited outside the door for half a second. Then, spotting the knob and feeling like an idiot, she cursed and shouldered her way inside. Doorknobs. Unbelievable! She’d been on this emperor-damned backwater for less than a week and she already hated it. How the Tarlok could claim to be advanced when so many of them they still lived in houses with primitive, manually operated doors was beyond her. As if the lousy tech level wasn’t bad enough, her powers had been on the fritz ever since she landed. And, this was technically Splugorth-friendly territory. If the squids found out she and her team were operating here, things would turn hostile fast. She couldn’t wait for this assignment to be over.

It was dark inside, and cold- much colder than the temperate climate outside would suggest. Despite herself Bashka shivered, and only partially in response to the cold. She hated these meetings. Hated not knowing who she was talking to- yes, they claimed to serve the emperor, but she never could be sure could she? Still, she had her orders, and until those orders were countermanded no-one at imperial command could fault her for obeying.

Didn’t mean she had to like it though.

Ah, Lieutenant Bashka. As usual, the voice rippled through her mind, so she could never be completely sure where it was coming from. But she’d done this dance often enough to know the drill- look at where the shadows are slightly darker. He’s probably standing there.

”Yes, sir?” Was that a tremor in her voice? Dammit, woman! You’re supposed to be an Invincible Guardsman! One of the emperor’s hand-picked elite! Quit jumping at shadows.

Was that a trace of laughter in the voice? OpSec has been compromised. We’ve confirmed that the Dime Store Magic left Center an hour ago. Their course is taking them directly for Seeron.

Bashka’s mouth set in a hard scowl. Them again. Her cheeks burned with shame at the defeat her team had been handed back in Center. Any trace of fear forgotten, she growled ”They will not leave here alive.”

You had your chance to make that happen, and you failed. But don’t worry. The emperor has sent some allies here to assist you.

Bashka took a deep breath. Recently, she’d been none to thrilled with the empire’s definition of that word. ”Sir, with all due respect- more bodies on the ground means a higher likelihood that we’ll be discovered by the Splugorth. That was the entire reason we were working with the locals, wasn’t it?”

This time, the voice did laugh. This time, Bashka did shiver in response. Not to worry, Lieutenant. Our allies have been working on something new. Not only will it allow you to blend in and maintain your cover, but it will give you all the edge you need to crush Thraxus’ team once and for all. Come.

The darkness… glided out of the room, and down some stairs to a sealed door. Heavy-duty construction. Definitely not Tarlok tech. Bashka followed, her trepidation growing with every step despite her training.

The door slid open. A scream of horror built in her throat, then died abruptly- smothered by something beyond her control. All she could do is stare, wide-eyed, at the abominations before her.

The voice cooed. Don’t worry. I’m told they’re much more comfortable than they look.


((More next week.))
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 am

The journey to Charizol takes six hours. Sorrenson busies himself in his work area attaching a new piece of equipment to his armor, and integrating it into the Drudge's power and control systems. While the process doesn't exactly go off without a hitch, the experienced techno-wizard gets the job done with a little help from Maris. And all in about half the time it takes to reach your destination.

Unfortunately, six hours is enough time for the livestock to get a little restless. As they fill the cargo bay, those of you watching have occasion to think that, while the species Juan selected may very well make the Tarloks' lives difficult, before that can happen they will have ample opportunities to do so for you as well. The Lurduuks, at least, seem relatively calm so long as you keep them fed (and placated with even more food), but the worms are another matter entirely.

((Everyone assisting in the animals' care give me two rolls on animal husbandry, Lore: Cattle & Animals, or other appropriate skill))

Despite the more-crowded-than-usual conditions on board, you make it to the Charizolon system in one piece. Your flight plan and forged trading qualifications appear to hold up- a Tarlok listening post at the edge of the system contacts your ship almost the second it drops out of FTL, and after a minimum of conversation and fuss, you are given your landing instructions. Apparently, Doodles wasn't kidding when he said that the Tarlok are eager for interstellar trade. You are given a landing pad inside Seeron's primary spaceport, located in their 'capital' city of Rylor. Starchief is a confused mixture of emotions as he sets eyes on his homeworld for the first time in what seems like years- to the rest of you, it is a planet no different from any other.

You land without incident, but immediately after doing so a squad of six Tarlok approach the Dime Store Magic. They are armed, and armored, but not training their weapons on you- a successful roll on the military etiquette skill will allow you to determine that the soldiers are taking great pains to avoid appearing hostile. Uncharacteristically, given everything you've heard about them from Starchief, it seems that they're trying to welcome you. Of course, that doesn't stop the lead officer from bellowing (or transmitting, if you keep the ship closed):

"Attention aliens! Prepare for a boarding inspection!"

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 95

Aoife spends the trip getting familiarized with the Dime Store Magic, and any of her new crew mates that feel like socializing.

She will try to find Icky, hopefully in the galley, and ask, "So, any chance of getting some brunch? I really could use a meal." She gives him her best smile and cute expression.

She will also try to find Starchief or Solaris to ask a couple questions.

"So, what exactly is the mission? No one has really told me anything." Maybe I should have asked that before I signed on. Or maybe Doodles told me when I was hammered and I forgot. "Also, I'm a little light on ammo and E-clips, any chance I could snag an extra reload or three?"

After all that, she will take about 30 minutes to make sure her kit is in working order and ready to go.

When the ship lands and she see's her first tarlok, she makes a disgusted looking face and exclaims "By the Forge, those things are uglier than a Kreegor." I'm glad I've got a cast iron stomach, otherwise those things might be ugly enough to make me wanna puke. She looks to Starchief, and asks "So what now boss?"
Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: 100/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 36
JiC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 86
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 6

Effects
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location: Main body, 140; Head 60; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Relevent abilities
Charm (80%)- 1d100 = 60 (Success!)
Medical:Animal Husbandry (40%)- 1d100 = 31 (Success!)
Medical:Animal Husbandry (40%)- 1d100 = 10 (Success!)
Trap Animals (55%)- 1d100 = 100 (Thank Jonny the other rolls were successes)
Moves
Actions
1. Secure animals in cargo hold
2. Induce sleep on blow worm (4. I.S.P.)
3. Soak clothes and wash equipment - 1d4 = 2 hours
4. Induce sleep on blow worm again (4 I.S.P.)
Contingencies
1. Trap any animals that escape captivity
2. Summon Armor of Ithan

Juan Echo secures the animals in the cargo hold with the aid of any other able crew members (Action 1). The crates of lurduuk's are carefully stacked against the strapped down agains the sides of the cargo bay. The blow worm is put in one corner of the cargo bay on a tarp and securely strapped down so that it cannot move. Juan uses his minor psionic powers to put the animal to sleep so that it will not discharge mucus during the trip(Action 2).

If animals break from their holding Juan will use his skills as a trapper to bring them back (Contingency 1). If he needs protection during that he can summon the Armor of Ithan (Contingency 2).

After the animals are safely aboard the ship Juan will look at the others and say, half-weary half-bemused, "I know these animals are a little more worrisome than you may have expected, but our cover story will require scary looking creatures. I shall explain more in a short bit, but first I need to wash myself. The blow worm can make quite a mess."

Juan heads back to his cabin and then puts his clothes to soak while he washes his Magical Clubs and the Splurgoth talisman he borrowed from the armory earlier that day (Action 3). It takes a couple of hours to clean it, and he can be heard muttering curses in his native dialect the whole time.

After washing up and changing into his new EBA, Juan will meet everyone in the common area of the ship to explain their cover identity in greater detail. Looking around he sees skeptical and concerned faces. "Urqos Starchief, I would like to thank you for trusting me with procuring our cover story. I have dealt in the trade of monsters from century to century. It is a lucrative and fun trade, I must confess. You will find in most star systems within the Three Galaxies a certain class of sentient being that enjoys killing and eating that which is strange and dangerous.

"Based on the briefing I gather that your Tarloks are like many of my clients. Ideally we want to find someone rich, well-connected, and looking for gaudy entertainment. They will be drawn by the promise of hunting, worm baiting, and a feast unlike anything they've ever tasted before. (Urqos Icky, I believe you and I may have fun seeing what delicacies we can make for the sake of the mission.) We can use this opportunity to find intel on our targets or even infiltrate their headquarters if we are lucky.

"This cover will also allow us to walk around in full armor and with weapons. We would want to be prepared if any of the animals broke from their enclosures. In reality, the ducks will stay in their crates, and the worm is very docile unless provoked, so the risk is relatively low.

"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"
Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."

As they near the end of the trip Juan will again put the blow worm to sleep so as not to be disturbed by the landing (Action 4).

Dark Lord wrote:"Attention aliens! Prepare for a boarding inspection!"

After making sure that Starchief will not be discovered by his hated enemies, Juan will be standing by the animals with weapons at his side and his hands open.

"Greetings Urqos security guards, welcome to our wandering emporium of the dangerous and delicious. We are here to provide discerning patrons with one of a kind experience. We see this star system as a fresh market for our services."

Juan will courteously guide the Tarloks to the animals and make a presentation on the lurduuks and blow worm (Charm). It almost serves as a sales pitch, hyping up the thrill of hunting the lurduuks and the taste of their confited legs. He even makes eating the blow worm seem intriguing. He keeps an eye on Solaris, if she signals him to keep the Tarlok from part of the cargo bay, he will press them with more information on the animals, almost as if he was trying to sell the animals to the guards right on the spot.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 64/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 27
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400 - assuming it's been repaired (was 132/400)
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5


Sorrenson is happy with his and Maris' work getting the rod installed on the forearm of the Drudge. Can't wait to try it out for real... He spends some time getting the Drudge stocked up and ready.

Aoife wrote:"So, what exactly is the mission? No one has really told me anything. Also, I'm a little light on ammo and E-clips, any chance I could snag an extra reload or three?"

Sorrenson looks over at Aoife, looking her up and down. "Hey, you look like you might fit in my Defender Power Armor. It's spare at the mo and if you wanna use it then go ahead. Although, if you break it you'll have to pay for it. Up to you. If we've got a spare NE forcefield I think we'll be able to set that up for ya too. As for the mission, we're looking for some black-ops TGE team. A team that we've tangled with before, not me mind you, that was before my time. Anyways Starchief and the other ran these guys off Center and they're hiding out here on this Tarlok world. We're gunna find them and see what they're up to. Then end it and them, I guess." Hmmm, it seems I don't know that much about what we're doing here either. He opens up the team channel, "So anyone got pics of video of what this TGE team looks like? For those of us that haven't messed with them before."

Juan Echo wrote:"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"[/b] Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."

Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye. "Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Per: 1d100 = 87/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 7

Solaris takes the time to lay out what happened at Epsilon Indi-2, if Aoife cares to listen.
"It just started as a routine patrol in CAF space. I was XO of the Centurion. About six hours out from EI-2, we started got word of them finding some kind of "gate", just hanging in orbit of the planet. Admiral Prescott, our CO, offered a science team to help analyze it but the Golgans refused."

Solaris pauses and sighs, collecting her thoughts. Would things have turned out differently if they'd accepted? Maybe. Maybe not.

"So, from there, we don't know exactly what happened. My instincts tell me that the Golgans started poking around at the gate. At any rate, it came to life and Intruders started pouring through. At that point,
the Centurion started receiving distress calls from the station. We got there to only to come under immediate assault by Intruder fights and ships, even as my squads of fighters launched from the Centurion. Broken ships and
remains of the station's defense forces still fought even as we came under attack from waves of Intruders. The Cent's bridge was hit hard. Practically blown off."


Lisa clenches her hands into fists and frowns, thinking about the order she gave. That order.

"As next in command, I ordered our forces to focus on destroying the gateway. Thing was tough, but eventually started to overload or something. The Intruders broke off from us and fled back through. As they were doing so,
the eggheads on the Centurion said that the gate was going critical. Any of our forces that could re-docked with the Cent' and we jumped away. Most of the people on the station were not so lucky. The gate wiped out almost the entire system when it did go up. Three thousand, one hundred and fifty four."


Solaris shakes her head at the number. "That's how many Golgans were on the station. When we finally limped back into port, there was already a diplomatic incident brewing. So, to appease the Golgans, I was given a court martial and the whole incident was quickly brushed aside." She shrugs slightly, offering a slight, rueful, smile. "And if you didn't hear about it, I guess they've done alright in suppressing the story."

When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:48 pm

<rolls held>

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson looks over at Aoife, looking her up and down. "Hey, you look like you might fit in my Defender Power Armor. It's spare at the mo and if you wanna use it then go ahead. Although, if you break it you'll have to pay for it. Up to you. If we've got a spare NE forcefield I think we'll be able to set that up for ya too. As for the mission, we're looking for some black-ops TGE team. A team that we've tangled with before, not me mind you, that was before my time. Anyways Starchief and the other ran these guys off Center and they're hiding out here on this Tarlok world. We're gunna find them and see what they're up to. Then end it and them, I guess." Hmmm, it seems I don't know that much about what we're doing here either. He opens up the team channel, "So anyone got pics of video of what this TGE team looks like? For those of us that haven't messed with them before."


"Ah, so basically my old job, just both the TGE and us aren't supposed to be here I take it? This should be very interesting. Any Invincible Guardsmen to make things more entertaining? Always fun to tangle with them." Aoife smiles at Sorrensen as she says it, looking to see how he reacts. Hopefully he won't think I'm to crazy. And it has been over a year since I tangled with any Guardsmen, that made things interesting on missions, never knew what you were going to get when they popped up. I think the CAF supersolider program is far better, we all come out of the process with 90% of things just the same, a minimal variance based on genetics they told me. "I take it not pissing off these backwater Tarlok is part of the op plan as well?"

Solaris wrote:"As next in command, I ordered our forces to focus on destroying the gateway. Thing was tough, but eventually started to overload or something. The Intruders broke off from us and fled back through. As they were doing so,
the eggheads on the Centurion said that the gate was going critical. Any of our forces that could re-docked with the Cent' and we jumped away. Most of the people on the station were not so lucky. The gate wiped out almost the entire system when it did go up. Three thousand, one hundred and fifty four."


Solaris shakes her head at the number. "That's how many Golgans were on the station. When we finally limped back into port, there was already a diplomatic incident brewing. So, to appease the Golgans, I was given a court martial and the whole incident was quickly brushed aside." She shrugs slightly, offering a slight, rueful, smile. "And if you didn't hear about it, I guess they've done alright in suppressing the story."


"Wasn't the kind of news we got from Fleet. Especially since anyone in my part of fleet would have done the exact damn thing and not shed a tear. The whole 'needs of the many' logic and all. Hammered into us from day one in training. I'm sorry you got a raw deal like that. But I'll tell you what, anyone smart enough and fast enough to make that call, I respect them. Hell, I've been the one making a call like that, not on that scale, but I still had to make the call. It really sucked losing some brothers and sisters in arms, but the alternative was full scale war between the CCW and TGE." Aoife tries to look supportive, not something she is used to, but for someone who made a good call and got cast out for it, she makes the effort. And this is why I am happy I never was in the main Fleet, to much political bullshit.

Juan Echo wrote:"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"[/b] Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."


Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye. "Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."


Solaris wrote:When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"


What the hell, is the boss from this backwater joint? And what did he do to make himself persona non grata? Bet there's some seriously interesting stories there. Aoife looks around, a little bit of a confused look apparent on her face. "Um, guys, can anyone explain why we need to hide the boss from the natives? That doesn't really make sense to me unless he's from this backwater, and he don't look like a Tarlok to me. But if we are offering suggestions to hide him, what about that plague ridden race, that are always in their EBA suits? We just makeup his face and keep his visor mostly tinted and it should up. Gotta admit, it isn't as amusing as the blow worm idea. I mean that could be amazingly funny" She laughs a little at the idea, then quits laughing and gets an odd look on her face. "Wait a minute, you guys knew this would be an issue and didn't plan it ahead? I mean, our welcome party is right there, we can only stall for so long. Does this ship have smuggling compartments? Those are useful for hiding someone from a search." Oh boy, I hope the rest of the op has a little more planning in it. Or not. Making it up as you go along keeps it entertaining. Well, until it doesn't, but positive thoughts Aoife, positive thoughts.
Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: 100/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 9

Home. I can't believe I'm finally home. Starchief stares at the viewscreen as the Dime Store Magic pulls into the Rylor spaceport. Thoughts of his family, friends, his first love race through his head. All murdered by the Tarlok in a ploy to get him to submit to them. 'We will be free.' 'Resist.' 'Never give up' None of that worked out so well for them, did it Andra? Still, you signed up for this. You knew the consequences. And you said you'd die for this. Is it still true? Will you kill? Will you die? Starchief's normally upbeat countenance takes on a hardened scowl as he thinks of what he's given up to become who he is and what he wouldn't give to end the occupation once and for all. I could make a plea to Thraxus to send forces here to help the liberation. But would he?

Juan Echo wrote:"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"[/b] Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye. "Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."

Solaris wrote:When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"

Aoife wrote:"Um, guys, can anyone explain why we need to hide the boss from the natives? That doesn't really make sense to me unless he's from this backwater, and he don't look like a Tarlok to me. But if we are offering suggestions to hide him, what about that plague ridden race, that are always in their EBA suits? We just makeup his face and keep his visor mostly tinted and it should up. Gotta admit, it isn't as amusing as the blow worm idea. I mean that could be amazingly funny" She laughs a little at the idea, then quits laughing and gets an odd look on her face. "Wait a minute, you guys knew this would be an issue and didn't plan it ahead? I mean, our welcome party is right there, we can only stall for so long. Does this ship have smuggling compartments? Those are useful for hiding someone from a search."


Refocusing on the conversations around him, Starchief smiles and laughs a little. "There'll be no altering of my face. I need that. No bounty, no prisoner. Not here... Not here. I've got it figured out." He unsheathes and holds aloft his new sword, Champion. "I've spent some time talking with my new friend here and he's given me a lot of...advice as well as a thorough understanding of his capabilities. I should be able to disappear from any form of detection for ten minutes at a time. Just make sure they're clear from the ship by then. Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."

Starchief heads to the armory first to take a dose of Block-Out and get suited up in his Super-Soldier armor and waits for the Tarlok squad to approach the Dime Store Magic. Making sure the door to the armory is closed, Starchief gives the Dime Store Magic's AI a set of instructions."Datephus. Give me three beeps if anyone who is not a member of the crew approaches the armory." Starchief waits with Champion in hand for the inspection to come through. If/when Datephus gives him the three beeps, he wills Champion to activate D-Shift Ghost, taking himself out of 3 Dimensional space but still able to observe unseen.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 419
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:18 pm

[Rolls carry]

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye."Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."

"While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do, I would not recommend going into a blow worm's insides naked. But otherwise yeah, pretty much," Juan replies with a shrug. "I once traveled with a group of pirates that camped in a giant whale while I led our marks on an exotic fishing cruise. The burst out guns draw when when our marks were toasting their auspicious haul."

Urqos Solaris wrote:When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"

Urqos Starchief wrote:Refocusing on the conversations around him, Starchief smiles and laughs a little."There'll be no altering of my face. I need that. No bounty, no prisoner. Not here... Not here. I've got it figured out... I've spent some time talking with my new friend here and he's given me a lot of...advice as well as a thorough understanding of his capabilities. I should be able to disappear from any form of detection for ten minutes at a time. Just make sure they're clear from the ship by then. Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."

"Suit yourself," Juan replies putting his Magical Club back in his side pocket. "If you stay in a discrete part of the ship then 10 minutes should be enough time. (You'd be practically invisible with a dislocated jaw because no one would want to look at you until you got proper medical attention.*) Urqos Aiofe is correct though, if you need to travel in public it should be done with your visor down and an escort to provide you cover.

"By the way, Urqos Aiofe, I picked up some duck sausage with the lurduuks," Juan says taking a sausage from a small package on the table. He breaks it in quarters and hands a piece to the super soldier. "This food signifies that I respect your rights as a fellow traveler."

*Juan is saying this in the Yaya dialect, which translates to, "Pik!u'a". The fact that such a long and specific phrase is so short in the Yayamama language has puzzled the two linguists who have studied it. They both concluded the phrase was so commonly said that it was eventually shortened into its own word, but neither is sure why.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 64/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:39 am

<rolls held>
Aoife wrote:"Ah, so basically my old job, just both the TGE and us aren't supposed to be here I take it? This should be very interesting. Any Invincible Guardsmen to make things more entertaining? Always fun to tangle with them. I take it not pissing off these backwater Tarlok is part of the op plan as well?"

Sorrenson shrugs. I guess that's a 'no' for the offer of the use of The Defender. I'm not sure what she's talking about. TGE guys being entertaining? Like 'funny ha ha'? "I dunno of the Invincible Guardsmen are entertaining or not. Most of the TGE types I've met weren't really the best company. They seemed to have a stunted sense of humor. Violent though, lots of over the top general blowhardary as well. Not my idea of good companions while on a bender. As for pissing-off the Tarlok, I think we pretty much have to, on general principle. If nothing else they are mass bio-weapon dropping, slave dealing wanna-be Kreghor. They're asking to be pissed off if you ask me."

Sorrenson starts suiting up and fetches his NE800, plus 2 clips of dumb ammo and one clip of smart ammo, from the weapons locker. He touches his Amult of Understanding. Hey, you in there... Wanna start up those NE drones? I think we'll need them soon. He activates his own drone and makes sure it's working correctly.

Aoife wrote:"Wait a minute, you guys knew this would be an issue and didn't plan it ahead? I mean, our welcome party is right there, we can only stall for so long. Does this ship have smuggling compartments? Those are useful for hiding someone from a search."

Sorrenson chuckles nervously. "You're right. We don't really seem to do a of of planning. Is that a thing in the military? We sorta just go places, do violent things and it turns out okay..."

Startchief wrote: "There'll be no altering of my face. I need that. No bounty, no prisoner. Not here... Not here. I've got it figured out." He unsheathes and holds aloft his new sword, Champion. "I've spent some time talking with my new friend here and he's given me a lot of...advice as well as a thorough understanding of his capabilities. I should be able to disappear from any form of detection for ten minutes at a time. Just make sure they're clear from the ship by then. Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."

"Ah, there we go. that should work for a while at least." Sorrenson sounds a little relieved that Starchief has a 'plan'. Yeah, until it doesn't work... Then I guess it's 'Safeties off' again. Pew Pew. Sorrenson notes that the thought of going into combat again doesn't freak him out like it used to.

Juan Echo wrote:"By the way, Urqos Aiofe, I picked up some duck sausage with the lurduuks. This food signifies that I respect your rights as a fellow traveler."

"Duck sausage! Yum! Oi Juan, pass over a piece! Duck sausage is the shit!" Sorreson pops his PA open again to take a morsel of food. "Thanks Man, I mean Non-Urqos." he pops it in his mouth and reseals his PA, waiting for the Tarlok to come on board. Then something that Juan said runs through his mind. "Hey Juan, what do you mean 'While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do'? Are you accusing me of being a perv?"

Imitate voices 1d100 = 36 / 60% to imitate Juan while saying 'While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do' PASS
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 am

Sorrenson wrote:"Duck sausage! Yum! Oi Juan, pass over a piece! Duck sausage is the shit!" Sorreson pops his PA open again to take a morsel of food. "Thanks Man, I mean Non-Urqos." he pops it in his mouth and reseals his PA, waiting for the Tarlok to come on board. Then something that Juan said runs through his mind. "Hey Juan, what do you mean 'While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do'? Are you accusing me of being a perv?"

"I never judge another individual's perversions until after the second time we copulate," Juan replies with a wink and a laugh. "Help yourself to some food too.

"You mentioned that our targets are allied with the TGE, and most likely then with the Tarloks. We might find allies in Urqos Starchief's comrades. Should we try to make contact once we've successfully docked?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 64/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:00 pm

<rolls held>

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson shrugs. I guess that's a 'no' for the offer of the use of The Defender. I'm not sure what she's talking about. TGE guys being entertaining? Like 'funny ha ha'? "I dunno of the Invincible Guardsmen are entertaining or not. Most of the TGE types I've met weren't really the best company. They seemed to have a stunted sense of humor. Violent though, lots of over the top general blowhardary as well. Not my idea of good companions while on a bender. As for pissing-off the Tarlok, I think we pretty much have to, on general principle. If nothing else they are mass bio-weapon dropping, slave dealing wanna-be Kreghor. They're asking to be pissed off if you ask me."


"Oh, TGE troops are clods if you ask me. But fighting their line troops is like fighting a blind man, not hard to do. Invincible Guardsmen though, they know how to fight. Makes it more interesting you see?" I take it fighting isn't Sorrensons primary job. Not everybody needs to be a door kicker. Aoife smiles at Sorrenson, "So we are going to piss off the locals. Wonderful. If they are as bad you say, I bet there's a resistance movement, bet if we kick open that pot it will certainly piss them off. And thanks for the offer of the power armor, but considering what happened to my last suit, and my current funds, I'll stick to what I have."

Sorrenson wrote: chuckles nervously. "You're right. We don't really seem to do a of of planning. Is that a thing in the military? We sorta just go places, do violent things and it turns out okay..."


Well that is a different methodology than I am used to. This should be interesting. "Yeah, it is an important thing in the military. Things don't always go according to plan, but there is a plan. When things go really bad, and the plan is useless, we do go with the 'make it up as you go' strategy. It'll be interesting to see how that works as a primary plan. New way of living life!" She laughs as she says this, deciding to just roll with it.

Juan Echo wrote:"By the way, Urqos Aiofe, I picked up some duck sausage with the lurduuks. This food signifies that I respect your rights as a fellow traveler."


I think this guy gets weirder every time I talk to him. I feel like I need a language translator. Aoife takes the offered food, eats it quickly and then looks at Juan. "Thanks. Always in the mood for a snack. But seriously, it's just Aoife. What is up with adding Urqos to the front of everyone's name." I wonder if this has something to do with the whole 'I'm a god' shtick he has going on. I got out of the military, where titles mattered, and now it seems someone is trying to add a new one? She gets a devious grin on her face and directs it towards Juan. "Is that some weird kind of mating ritual for you people? Or at least a way of showing interest?"
Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: 100/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm


Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest