[GA] Back in the Saddle

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:57 pm

Bashka waited outside the door for half a second. Then, spotting the knob and feeling like an idiot, she cursed and shouldered her way inside. Doorknobs. Unbelievable! She’d been on this emperor-damned backwater for less than a week and she already hated it. How the Tarlok could claim to be advanced when so many of them they still lived in houses with primitive, manually operated doors was beyond her. As if the lousy tech level wasn’t bad enough, her powers had been on the fritz ever since she landed. And, this was technically Splugorth-friendly territory. If the squids found out she and her team were operating here, things would turn hostile fast. She couldn’t wait for this assignment to be over.

It was dark inside, and cold- much colder than the temperate climate outside would suggest. Despite herself Bashka shivered, and only partially in response to the cold. She hated these meetings. Hated not knowing who she was talking to- yes, they claimed to serve the emperor, but she never could be sure could she? Still, she had her orders, and until those orders were countermanded no-one at imperial command could fault her for obeying.

Didn’t mean she had to like it though.

Ah, Lieutenant Bashka. As usual, the voice rippled through her mind, so she could never be completely sure where it was coming from. But she’d done this dance often enough to know the drill- look at where the shadows are slightly darker. He’s probably standing there.

”Yes, sir?” Was that a tremor in her voice? Dammit, woman! You’re supposed to be an Invincible Guardsman! One of the emperor’s hand-picked elite! Quit jumping at shadows.

Was that a trace of laughter in the voice? OpSec has been compromised. We’ve confirmed that the Dime Store Magic left Center an hour ago. Their course is taking them directly for Seeron.

Bashka’s mouth set in a hard scowl. Them again. Her cheeks burned with shame at the defeat her team had been handed back in Center. Any trace of fear forgotten, she growled ”They will not leave here alive.”

You had your chance to make that happen, and you failed. But don’t worry. The emperor has sent some allies here to assist you.

Bashka took a deep breath. Recently, she’d been none to thrilled with the empire’s definition of that word. ”Sir, with all due respect- more bodies on the ground means a higher likelihood that we’ll be discovered by the Splugorth. That was the entire reason we were working with the locals, wasn’t it?”

This time, the voice did laugh. This time, Bashka did shiver in response. Not to worry, Lieutenant. Our allies have been working on something new. Not only will it allow you to blend in and maintain your cover, but it will give you all the edge you need to crush Thraxus’ team once and for all. Come.

The darkness… glided out of the room, and down some stairs to a sealed door. Heavy-duty construction. Definitely not Tarlok tech. Bashka followed, her trepidation growing with every step despite her training.

The door slid open. A scream of horror built in her throat, then died abruptly- smothered by something beyond her control. All she could do is stare, wide-eyed, at the abominations before her.

The voice cooed. Don’t worry. I’m told they’re much more comfortable than they look.


((More next week.))
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:22 am

The journey to Charizol takes six hours. Sorrenson busies himself in his work area attaching a new piece of equipment to his armor, and integrating it into the Drudge's power and control systems. While the process doesn't exactly go off without a hitch, the experienced techno-wizard gets the job done with a little help from Maris. And all in about half the time it takes to reach your destination.

Unfortunately, six hours is enough time for the livestock to get a little restless. As they fill the cargo bay, those of you watching have occasion to think that, while the species Juan selected may very well make the Tarloks' lives difficult, before that can happen they will have ample opportunities to do so for you as well. The Lurduuks, at least, seem relatively calm so long as you keep them fed (and placated with even more food), but the worms are another matter entirely.

((Everyone assisting in the animals' care give me two rolls on animal husbandry, Lore: Cattle & Animals, or other appropriate skill))

Despite the more-crowded-than-usual conditions on board, you make it to the Charizolon system in one piece. Your flight plan and forged trading qualifications appear to hold up- a Tarlok listening post at the edge of the system contacts your ship almost the second it drops out of FTL, and after a minimum of conversation and fuss, you are given your landing instructions. Apparently, Doodles wasn't kidding when he said that the Tarlok are eager for interstellar trade. You are given a landing pad inside Seeron's primary spaceport, located in their 'capital' city of Rylor. Starchief is a confused mixture of emotions as he sets eyes on his homeworld for the first time in what seems like years- to the rest of you, it is a planet no different from any other.

You land without incident, but immediately after doing so a squad of six Tarlok approach the Dime Store Magic. They are armed, and armored, but not training their weapons on you- a successful roll on the military etiquette skill will allow you to determine that the soldiers are taking great pains to avoid appearing hostile. Uncharacteristically, given everything you've heard about them from Starchief, it seems that they're trying to welcome you. Of course, that doesn't stop the lead officer from bellowing (or transmitting, if you keep the ship closed):

"Attention aliens! Prepare for a boarding inspection!"

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:35 am

Perception: 1d100 = 57/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 95

Aoife spends the trip getting familiarized with the Dime Store Magic, and any of her new crew mates that feel like socializing.

She will try to find Icky, hopefully in the galley, and ask, "So, any chance of getting some brunch? I really could use a meal." She gives him her best smile and cute expression.

She will also try to find Starchief or Solaris to ask a couple questions.

"So, what exactly is the mission? No one has really told me anything." Maybe I should have asked that before I signed on. Or maybe Doodles told me when I was hammered and I forgot. "Also, I'm a little light on ammo and E-clips, any chance I could snag an extra reload or three?"

After all that, she will take about 30 minutes to make sure her kit is in working order and ready to go.

When the ship lands and she see's her first tarlok, she makes a disgusted looking face and exclaims "By the Forge, those things are uglier than a Kreegor." I'm glad I've got a cast iron stomach, otherwise those things might be ugly enough to make me wanna puke. She looks to Starchief, and asks "So what now boss?"
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 36
JiC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 86
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 6

Effects
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location: Main body, 140; Head 60; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Relevent abilities
Charm (80%)- 1d100 = 60 (Success!)
Medical:Animal Husbandry (40%)- 1d100 = 31 (Success!)
Medical:Animal Husbandry (40%)- 1d100 = 10 (Success!)
Trap Animals (55%)- 1d100 = 100 (Thank Jonny the other rolls were successes)
Moves
Actions
1. Secure animals in cargo hold
2. Induce sleep on blow worm (4. I.S.P.)
3. Soak clothes and wash equipment - 1d4 = 2 hours
4. Induce sleep on blow worm again (4 I.S.P.)
Contingencies
1. Trap any animals that escape captivity
2. Summon Armor of Ithan

Juan Echo secures the animals in the cargo hold with the aid of any other able crew members (Action 1). The crates of lurduuk's are carefully stacked against the strapped down agains the sides of the cargo bay. The blow worm is put in one corner of the cargo bay on a tarp and securely strapped down so that it cannot move. Juan uses his minor psionic powers to put the animal to sleep so that it will not discharge mucus during the trip(Action 2).

If animals break from their holding Juan will use his skills as a trapper to bring them back (Contingency 1). If he needs protection during that he can summon the Armor of Ithan (Contingency 2).

After the animals are safely aboard the ship Juan will look at the others and say, half-weary half-bemused, "I know these animals are a little more worrisome than you may have expected, but our cover story will require scary looking creatures. I shall explain more in a short bit, but first I need to wash myself. The blow worm can make quite a mess."

Juan heads back to his cabin and then puts his clothes to soak while he washes his Magical Clubs and the Splurgoth talisman he borrowed from the armory earlier that day (Action 3). It takes a couple of hours to clean it, and he can be heard muttering curses in his native dialect the whole time.

After washing up and changing into his new EBA, Juan will meet everyone in the common area of the ship to explain their cover identity in greater detail. Looking around he sees skeptical and concerned faces. "Urqos Starchief, I would like to thank you for trusting me with procuring our cover story. I have dealt in the trade of monsters from century to century. It is a lucrative and fun trade, I must confess. You will find in most star systems within the Three Galaxies a certain class of sentient being that enjoys killing and eating that which is strange and dangerous.

"Based on the briefing I gather that your Tarloks are like many of my clients. Ideally we want to find someone rich, well-connected, and looking for gaudy entertainment. They will be drawn by the promise of hunting, worm baiting, and a feast unlike anything they've ever tasted before. (Urqos Icky, I believe you and I may have fun seeing what delicacies we can make for the sake of the mission.) We can use this opportunity to find intel on our targets or even infiltrate their headquarters if we are lucky.

"This cover will also allow us to walk around in full armor and with weapons. We would want to be prepared if any of the animals broke from their enclosures. In reality, the ducks will stay in their crates, and the worm is very docile unless provoked, so the risk is relatively low.

"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"
Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."

As they near the end of the trip Juan will again put the blow worm to sleep so as not to be disturbed by the landing (Action 4).

Dark Lord wrote:"Attention aliens! Prepare for a boarding inspection!"

After making sure that Starchief will not be discovered by his hated enemies, Juan will be standing by the animals with weapons at his side and his hands open.

"Greetings Urqos security guards, welcome to our wandering emporium of the dangerous and delicious. We are here to provide discerning patrons with one of a kind experience. We see this star system as a fresh market for our services."

Juan will courteously guide the Tarloks to the animals and make a presentation on the lurduuks and blow worm (Charm). It almost serves as a sales pitch, hyping up the thrill of hunting the lurduuks and the taste of their confited legs. He even makes eating the blow worm seem intriguing. He keeps an eye on Solaris, if she signals him to keep the Tarlok from part of the cargo bay, he will press them with more information on the animals, almost as if he was trying to sell the animals to the guards right on the spot.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 27
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400 - assuming it's been repaired (was 132/400)
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5


Sorrenson is happy with his and Maris' work getting the rod installed on the forearm of the Drudge. Can't wait to try it out for real... He spends some time getting the Drudge stocked up and ready.

Aoife wrote:"So, what exactly is the mission? No one has really told me anything. Also, I'm a little light on ammo and E-clips, any chance I could snag an extra reload or three?"

Sorrenson looks over at Aoife, looking her up and down. "Hey, you look like you might fit in my Defender Power Armor. It's spare at the mo and if you wanna use it then go ahead. Although, if you break it you'll have to pay for it. Up to you. If we've got a spare NE forcefield I think we'll be able to set that up for ya too. As for the mission, we're looking for some black-ops TGE team. A team that we've tangled with before, not me mind you, that was before my time. Anyways Starchief and the other ran these guys off Center and they're hiding out here on this Tarlok world. We're gunna find them and see what they're up to. Then end it and them, I guess." Hmmm, it seems I don't know that much about what we're doing here either. He opens up the team channel, "So anyone got pics of video of what this TGE team looks like? For those of us that haven't messed with them before."

Juan Echo wrote:"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"[/b] Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."

Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye. "Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 pm

Per: 1d100 = 87/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 7

Solaris takes the time to lay out what happened at Epsilon Indi-2, if Aoife cares to listen.
"It just started as a routine patrol in CAF space. I was XO of the Centurion. About six hours out from EI-2, we started got word of them finding some kind of "gate", just hanging in orbit of the planet. Admiral Prescott, our CO, offered a science team to help analyze it but the Golgans refused."

Solaris pauses and sighs, collecting her thoughts. Would things have turned out differently if they'd accepted? Maybe. Maybe not.

"So, from there, we don't know exactly what happened. My instincts tell me that the Golgans started poking around at the gate. At any rate, it came to life and Intruders started pouring through. At that point,
the Centurion started receiving distress calls from the station. We got there to only to come under immediate assault by Intruder fights and ships, even as my squads of fighters launched from the Centurion. Broken ships and
remains of the station's defense forces still fought even as we came under attack from waves of Intruders. The Cent's bridge was hit hard. Practically blown off."


Lisa clenches her hands into fists and frowns, thinking about the order she gave. That order.

"As next in command, I ordered our forces to focus on destroying the gateway. Thing was tough, but eventually started to overload or something. The Intruders broke off from us and fled back through. As they were doing so,
the eggheads on the Centurion said that the gate was going critical. Any of our forces that could re-docked with the Cent' and we jumped away. Most of the people on the station were not so lucky. The gate wiped out almost the entire system when it did go up. Three thousand, one hundred and fifty four."


Solaris shakes her head at the number. "That's how many Golgans were on the station. When we finally limped back into port, there was already a diplomatic incident brewing. So, to appease the Golgans, I was given a court martial and the whole incident was quickly brushed aside." She shrugs slightly, offering a slight, rueful, smile. "And if you didn't hear about it, I guess they've done alright in suppressing the story."

When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:48 pm

<rolls held>

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson looks over at Aoife, looking her up and down. "Hey, you look like you might fit in my Defender Power Armor. It's spare at the mo and if you wanna use it then go ahead. Although, if you break it you'll have to pay for it. Up to you. If we've got a spare NE forcefield I think we'll be able to set that up for ya too. As for the mission, we're looking for some black-ops TGE team. A team that we've tangled with before, not me mind you, that was before my time. Anyways Starchief and the other ran these guys off Center and they're hiding out here on this Tarlok world. We're gunna find them and see what they're up to. Then end it and them, I guess." Hmmm, it seems I don't know that much about what we're doing here either. He opens up the team channel, "So anyone got pics of video of what this TGE team looks like? For those of us that haven't messed with them before."


"Ah, so basically my old job, just both the TGE and us aren't supposed to be here I take it? This should be very interesting. Any Invincible Guardsmen to make things more entertaining? Always fun to tangle with them." Aoife smiles at Sorrensen as she says it, looking to see how he reacts. Hopefully he won't think I'm to crazy. And it has been over a year since I tangled with any Guardsmen, that made things interesting on missions, never knew what you were going to get when they popped up. I think the CAF supersolider program is far better, we all come out of the process with 90% of things just the same, a minimal variance based on genetics they told me. "I take it not pissing off these backwater Tarlok is part of the op plan as well?"

Solaris wrote:"As next in command, I ordered our forces to focus on destroying the gateway. Thing was tough, but eventually started to overload or something. The Intruders broke off from us and fled back through. As they were doing so,
the eggheads on the Centurion said that the gate was going critical. Any of our forces that could re-docked with the Cent' and we jumped away. Most of the people on the station were not so lucky. The gate wiped out almost the entire system when it did go up. Three thousand, one hundred and fifty four."


Solaris shakes her head at the number. "That's how many Golgans were on the station. When we finally limped back into port, there was already a diplomatic incident brewing. So, to appease the Golgans, I was given a court martial and the whole incident was quickly brushed aside." She shrugs slightly, offering a slight, rueful, smile. "And if you didn't hear about it, I guess they've done alright in suppressing the story."


"Wasn't the kind of news we got from Fleet. Especially since anyone in my part of fleet would have done the exact damn thing and not shed a tear. The whole 'needs of the many' logic and all. Hammered into us from day one in training. I'm sorry you got a raw deal like that. But I'll tell you what, anyone smart enough and fast enough to make that call, I respect them. Hell, I've been the one making a call like that, not on that scale, but I still had to make the call. It really sucked losing some brothers and sisters in arms, but the alternative was full scale war between the CCW and TGE." Aoife tries to look supportive, not something she is used to, but for someone who made a good call and got cast out for it, she makes the effort. And this is why I am happy I never was in the main Fleet, to much political bullshit.

Juan Echo wrote:"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"[/b] Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."


Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye. "Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."


Solaris wrote:When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"


What the hell, is the boss from this backwater joint? And what did he do to make himself persona non grata? Bet there's some seriously interesting stories there. Aoife looks around, a little bit of a confused look apparent on her face. "Um, guys, can anyone explain why we need to hide the boss from the natives? That doesn't really make sense to me unless he's from this backwater, and he don't look like a Tarlok to me. But if we are offering suggestions to hide him, what about that plague ridden race, that are always in their EBA suits? We just makeup his face and keep his visor mostly tinted and it should up. Gotta admit, it isn't as amusing as the blow worm idea. I mean that could be amazingly funny" She laughs a little at the idea, then quits laughing and gets an odd look on her face. "Wait a minute, you guys knew this would be an issue and didn't plan it ahead? I mean, our welcome party is right there, we can only stall for so long. Does this ship have smuggling compartments? Those are useful for hiding someone from a search." Oh boy, I hope the rest of the op has a little more planning in it. Or not. Making it up as you go along keeps it entertaining. Well, until it doesn't, but positive thoughts Aoife, positive thoughts.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:13 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 9

Home. I can't believe I'm finally home. Starchief stares at the viewscreen as the Dime Store Magic pulls into the Rylor spaceport. Thoughts of his family, friends, his first love race through his head. All murdered by the Tarlok in a ploy to get him to submit to them. 'We will be free.' 'Resist.' 'Never give up' None of that worked out so well for them, did it Andra? Still, you signed up for this. You knew the consequences. And you said you'd die for this. Is it still true? Will you kill? Will you die? Starchief's normally upbeat countenance takes on a hardened scowl as he thinks of what he's given up to become who he is and what he wouldn't give to end the occupation once and for all. I could make a plea to Thraxus to send forces here to help the liberation. But would he?

Juan Echo wrote:"Unfortunately, our cover will draw a lot of attention. This could be problematic for our leader,"[/b] Juan continues pointing at Starchief with one of his clubs. "We could alter his face. Urqos Solaris, as second-in-command and the person most attached to Urqos Starchief's face, I would leave any decision about that to you. If we need to keep him hidden, I would suggest the very spacious digestive organ of the blow worm. An individual in EBA would be safe there for up to a week before we would have to worry about digestion."

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye. "Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."

Solaris wrote:When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"

Aoife wrote:"Um, guys, can anyone explain why we need to hide the boss from the natives? That doesn't really make sense to me unless he's from this backwater, and he don't look like a Tarlok to me. But if we are offering suggestions to hide him, what about that plague ridden race, that are always in their EBA suits? We just makeup his face and keep his visor mostly tinted and it should up. Gotta admit, it isn't as amusing as the blow worm idea. I mean that could be amazingly funny" She laughs a little at the idea, then quits laughing and gets an odd look on her face. "Wait a minute, you guys knew this would be an issue and didn't plan it ahead? I mean, our welcome party is right there, we can only stall for so long. Does this ship have smuggling compartments? Those are useful for hiding someone from a search."


Refocusing on the conversations around him, Starchief smiles and laughs a little. "There'll be no altering of my face. I need that. No bounty, no prisoner. Not here... Not here. I've got it figured out." He unsheathes and holds aloft his new sword, Champion. "I've spent some time talking with my new friend here and he's given me a lot of...advice as well as a thorough understanding of his capabilities. I should be able to disappear from any form of detection for ten minutes at a time. Just make sure they're clear from the ship by then. Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."

Starchief heads to the armory first to take a dose of Block-Out and get suited up in his Super-Soldier armor and waits for the Tarlok squad to approach the Dime Store Magic. Making sure the door to the armory is closed, Starchief gives the Dime Store Magic's AI a set of instructions."Datephus. Give me three beeps if anyone who is not a member of the crew approaches the armory." Starchief waits with Champion in hand for the inspection to come through. If/when Datephus gives him the three beeps, he wills Champion to activate D-Shift Ghost, taking himself out of 3 Dimensional space but still able to observe unseen.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:18 pm

[Rolls carry]

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye."Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."

"While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do, I would not recommend going into a blow worm's insides naked. But otherwise yeah, pretty much," Juan replies with a shrug. "I once traveled with a group of pirates that camped in a giant whale while I led our marks on an exotic fishing cruise. The burst out guns draw when when our marks were toasting their auspicious haul."

Urqos Solaris wrote:When the ship lands and the welcome committee shows up, Solaris suggests, "We could act as though 'chief is a prisoner. And, Juan, I'd rather keep his face intact. Maybe say he's a bounty or some such?"

Urqos Starchief wrote:Refocusing on the conversations around him, Starchief smiles and laughs a little."There'll be no altering of my face. I need that. No bounty, no prisoner. Not here... Not here. I've got it figured out... I've spent some time talking with my new friend here and he's given me a lot of...advice as well as a thorough understanding of his capabilities. I should be able to disappear from any form of detection for ten minutes at a time. Just make sure they're clear from the ship by then. Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."

"Suit yourself," Juan replies putting his Magical Club back in his side pocket. "If you stay in a discrete part of the ship then 10 minutes should be enough time. (You'd be practically invisible with a dislocated jaw because no one would want to look at you until you got proper medical attention.*) Urqos Aiofe is correct though, if you need to travel in public it should be done with your visor down and an escort to provide you cover.

"By the way, Urqos Aiofe, I picked up some duck sausage with the lurduuks," Juan says taking a sausage from a small package on the table. He breaks it in quarters and hands a piece to the super soldier. "This food signifies that I respect your rights as a fellow traveler."

*Juan is saying this in the Yaya dialect, which translates to, "Pik!u'a". The fact that such a long and specific phrase is so short in the Yayamama language has puzzled the two linguists who have studied it. They both concluded the phrase was so commonly said that it was eventually shortened into its own word, but neither is sure why.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:39 am

<rolls held>
Aoife wrote:"Ah, so basically my old job, just both the TGE and us aren't supposed to be here I take it? This should be very interesting. Any Invincible Guardsmen to make things more entertaining? Always fun to tangle with them. I take it not pissing off these backwater Tarlok is part of the op plan as well?"

Sorrenson shrugs. I guess that's a 'no' for the offer of the use of The Defender. I'm not sure what she's talking about. TGE guys being entertaining? Like 'funny ha ha'? "I dunno of the Invincible Guardsmen are entertaining or not. Most of the TGE types I've met weren't really the best company. They seemed to have a stunted sense of humor. Violent though, lots of over the top general blowhardary as well. Not my idea of good companions while on a bender. As for pissing-off the Tarlok, I think we pretty much have to, on general principle. If nothing else they are mass bio-weapon dropping, slave dealing wanna-be Kreghor. They're asking to be pissed off if you ask me."

Sorrenson starts suiting up and fetches his NE800, plus 2 clips of dumb ammo and one clip of smart ammo, from the weapons locker. He touches his Amult of Understanding. Hey, you in there... Wanna start up those NE drones? I think we'll need them soon. He activates his own drone and makes sure it's working correctly.

Aoife wrote:"Wait a minute, you guys knew this would be an issue and didn't plan it ahead? I mean, our welcome party is right there, we can only stall for so long. Does this ship have smuggling compartments? Those are useful for hiding someone from a search."

Sorrenson chuckles nervously. "You're right. We don't really seem to do a of of planning. Is that a thing in the military? We sorta just go places, do violent things and it turns out okay..."

Startchief wrote: "There'll be no altering of my face. I need that. No bounty, no prisoner. Not here... Not here. I've got it figured out." He unsheathes and holds aloft his new sword, Champion. "I've spent some time talking with my new friend here and he's given me a lot of...advice as well as a thorough understanding of his capabilities. I should be able to disappear from any form of detection for ten minutes at a time. Just make sure they're clear from the ship by then. Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."

"Ah, there we go. that should work for a while at least." Sorrenson sounds a little relieved that Starchief has a 'plan'. Yeah, until it doesn't work... Then I guess it's 'Safeties off' again. Pew Pew. Sorrenson notes that the thought of going into combat again doesn't freak him out like it used to.

Juan Echo wrote:"By the way, Urqos Aiofe, I picked up some duck sausage with the lurduuks. This food signifies that I respect your rights as a fellow traveler."

"Duck sausage! Yum! Oi Juan, pass over a piece! Duck sausage is the shit!" Sorreson pops his PA open again to take a morsel of food. "Thanks Man, I mean Non-Urqos." he pops it in his mouth and reseals his PA, waiting for the Tarlok to come on board. Then something that Juan said runs through his mind. "Hey Juan, what do you mean 'While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do'? Are you accusing me of being a perv?"

Imitate voices 1d100 = 36 / 60% to imitate Juan while saying 'While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do' PASS
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:48 am

Sorrenson wrote:"Duck sausage! Yum! Oi Juan, pass over a piece! Duck sausage is the shit!" Sorreson pops his PA open again to take a morsel of food. "Thanks Man, I mean Non-Urqos." he pops it in his mouth and reseals his PA, waiting for the Tarlok to come on board. Then something that Juan said runs through his mind. "Hey Juan, what do you mean 'While I appreciate the Urqos form nearly as much as you do'? Are you accusing me of being a perv?"

"I never judge another individual's perversions until after the second time we copulate," Juan replies with a wink and a laugh. "Help yourself to some food too.

"You mentioned that our targets are allied with the TGE, and most likely then with the Tarloks. We might find allies in Urqos Starchief's comrades. Should we try to make contact once we've successfully docked?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:00 pm

<rolls held>

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson shrugs. I guess that's a 'no' for the offer of the use of The Defender. I'm not sure what she's talking about. TGE guys being entertaining? Like 'funny ha ha'? "I dunno of the Invincible Guardsmen are entertaining or not. Most of the TGE types I've met weren't really the best company. They seemed to have a stunted sense of humor. Violent though, lots of over the top general blowhardary as well. Not my idea of good companions while on a bender. As for pissing-off the Tarlok, I think we pretty much have to, on general principle. If nothing else they are mass bio-weapon dropping, slave dealing wanna-be Kreghor. They're asking to be pissed off if you ask me."


"Oh, TGE troops are clods if you ask me. But fighting their line troops is like fighting a blind man, not hard to do. Invincible Guardsmen though, they know how to fight. Makes it more interesting you see?" I take it fighting isn't Sorrensons primary job. Not everybody needs to be a door kicker. Aoife smiles at Sorrenson, "So we are going to piss off the locals. Wonderful. If they are as bad you say, I bet there's a resistance movement, bet if we kick open that pot it will certainly piss them off. And thanks for the offer of the power armor, but considering what happened to my last suit, and my current funds, I'll stick to what I have."

Sorrenson wrote: chuckles nervously. "You're right. We don't really seem to do a of of planning. Is that a thing in the military? We sorta just go places, do violent things and it turns out okay..."


Well that is a different methodology than I am used to. This should be interesting. "Yeah, it is an important thing in the military. Things don't always go according to plan, but there is a plan. When things go really bad, and the plan is useless, we do go with the 'make it up as you go' strategy. It'll be interesting to see how that works as a primary plan. New way of living life!" She laughs as she says this, deciding to just roll with it.

Juan Echo wrote:"By the way, Urqos Aiofe, I picked up some duck sausage with the lurduuks. This food signifies that I respect your rights as a fellow traveler."


I think this guy gets weirder every time I talk to him. I feel like I need a language translator. Aoife takes the offered food, eats it quickly and then looks at Juan. "Thanks. Always in the mood for a snack. But seriously, it's just Aoife. What is up with adding Urqos to the front of everyone's name." I wonder if this has something to do with the whole 'I'm a god' shtick he has going on. I got out of the military, where titles mattered, and now it seems someone is trying to add a new one? She gets a devious grin on her face and directs it towards Juan. "Is that some weird kind of mating ritual for you people? Or at least a way of showing interest?"
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Urqos Aoife wrote:I think this guy gets weirder every time I talk to him. I feel like I need a language translator. Aoife takes the offered food, eats it quickly and then looks at Juan. "Thanks. Always in the mood for a snack. But seriously, it's just Aoife. What is up with adding Urqos to the front of everyone's name." I wonder if this has something to do with the whole 'I'm a god' shtick he has going on. I got out of the military, where titles mattered, and now it seems someone is trying to add a new one? She gets a devious grin on her face and directs it towards Juan. "Is that some weird kind of mating ritual for you people? Or at least a way of showing interest?"


Juan smiles and replies, "Urqos is an honorific term my people use to acknowledge the mortals. It is my pantheon's way of saying that we acknowledge the greatness confined to your mortal form. To not call you Urqos would be to insult you; it would imply that you are nothing more than a common animal like that blow worm. However, you are a sentient being worthy of a name such as Aofie, therefore Urqos.

"Deities, however, do not get honorific titles since that would be superfluous. Dionysus is the God of Wine. His name is the very embodiment of his title. Thraxus is Tharxus. I am Juan Echo, the avatar of those that travel the stars. So you can call me Juan, or Jonny. Or Wanderer if you want to be formal about it." Juan shrugs. "But I don't really care. Honor guest rights, the relevant laws regarding combat, the hobo code, the bartender's guide to proper conduct, and any other set of tenets that don't require you to be an asshole and I won't space you; that's my gospel."

"As for the offer of after-training session, maybe after the mission. I've never been one to say no."* You've literally never said no.

*Per Rate-A-Deity
Hestion wrote:7 out of 10
What kind of jackass brings 7 layer bean dip to a omnitheistic love ceremony? The same one that also brings the space clap.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 56

Aoife wrote:Aoife takes Icky's hand, give him a firm handshake "I'm still new to civilian life. I'm so used to having to break things up into manageable chunks the REMF's can deal with. When I say worse I usually mean a clustefrag that did not go according to mission parameters." She chuckles a little, shakes her head and goes on "Anyway, so your the cook huh? Any chance that if I get let on board you whip up like a dozen eggs, couple potatoes worth of hash browns, and a pound or two of bacon? I haven't eaten this morning."

"As for my specialty, I was the computer person on my team, also taught asymmetrical warfare to 'people seeking freedom from oppression'. I'm handy with power armor, I can fly a fighter if I really have to, and I like railguns to cart around for personal protection."


Icky’s grin keeps getting bigger and bigger. He looks over at Starchief with a gleam in his eye. “Can we keep her?”

Nodding when Starchief takes her in, he heads out with Juan. “I’ll whip ya up somethin’ soon as we get back, kiddo. Welcome aboard!”

While at the livestock dealer, his eyebrows raise more than a little at the purchase of the blow worms but otherwise he lets Juan handle the transactions without any interference. Gonna be one of *those* ops, I can tell already. But after what we’ve just been through I guess these will be a cakewalk by comparison. He shrugs his shoulders.

Back at the Dime Store Magic, he helps Juan secure the animals. If he gets any strange looks, he just shrugs and points to the Yayamama God of Livestock Purchasing. After a shower and a change of clothes, and after the ship leaves Phase World, he heads down to the galley to prepare for the next meal.

Aoife wrote:She will try to find Icky, hopefully in the galley, and ask, "So, any chance of getting some brunch? I really could use a meal." She gives him her best smile and cute expression.


Always happy when someone comes asking for a meal, he gestures for her to have a seat. “I reckon I can rustle ya up somethin’ ta tide ya over… provided Meatball ain’t been down ‘ere ta clean out da pantry some more…” he chuckles to himself as he proceeds to whip up some bacon and eggs. “Don’t spoil yer dinner now, I got plans fer some slow-roasted pandinus wit’ some courgettes an’ plums…” he starts rustling through the fridge. “Here’s hopin’ we still got some o’ dat micro-grated Roquefort left…”

He’ll spend the rest of the trip fixing dinner, cleaning up the galley, helping with the animals, prepping his weapons, and researching the 3G-Net for articles on how to resist demonic influence.

Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 10/89% (looking for articles)
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 15/89% (looking for articles)
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 23/44% (to identify ways to help keep our cargo animals pacified)
Lore: Demons & Monsters -- 1d100 = 64/44% (to identify ways to help keep our cargo animals pacified)
Cook -- 1d100 = 62/79% (to prepare food to help keep our cargo animals pacified)
Cook -- 1d100 = 70/79% (to prepare food to help keep our cargo animals pacified)

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson laughs. "So you wanna have Starchief pop out of a gutted Blow Worm, like a stripper from a cake? Surprise!" Sorrenson starts to hum a stripper tune and thrust this hips around in an awkward fashion while pretending to take off his clothes. After removing his imaginary 'easy remove' thong and flicking it with a flourish he pauses to stop giggling and wipes a tear from his eye. "Yeah! That'd be great, we should totally do that." Getting himself under control he adds, "Nah, we really shouldn't. Probably best if someone other than SC does the talking though. Can't see the Tarlok being too happy to see him back."


Icky can’t help himself as he bursts out in loud, booming laughter. “HA! I’d pay real creds ta see dat, chum…” he allows himself a few more good belly laughs before he nods. “Oi yah, let’s keep Meatball ‘ere either outta sight or covered up. Could always stick ‘im in an EBA suit an’ keep da visor down, sayin’ dat he’s allergic ta lurduuks or somethin’.”

Starchief wrote:Refocusing on the conversations around him, Starchief smiles and laughs a little. "There'll be no altering of my face. I need that. No bounty, no prisoner. Not here... Not here. I've got it figured out." He unsheathes and holds aloft his new sword, Champion. "I've spent some time talking with my new friend here and he's given me a lot of...advice as well as a thorough understanding of his capabilities. I should be able to disappear from any form of detection for ten minutes at a time. Just make sure they're clear from the ship by then. Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."


“Or dat. Dat works too…” he shrugs. “Jus’ don’t be usin’ dat trick when ya make a mess o’ me galley an’ don’t wanna arse-chewin’, alright?” He gives Starchief a grin and a light punch on the arm.

When the ship docks, he passes on the corrupted PA suit -- we don’t want to appear more powerful, formidable, or demonic than we have to, he tells himself -- and instead opts for his spare suit of EBA with his swords on his back, his pistol on his hip, and his phase beamer slung. He goes out to the cargo bay with the others and plays the role of ‘silent muscle’ and watch/listen closely while Juan and Solaris handle the public relations.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Juan Echo wrote:Juan smiles and replies, "Urqos is an honorific term my people use to acknowledge the mortals. It is my pantheon's way of saying that we acknowledge the greatness confined to your mortal form. To not call you Urqos would be to insult you; it would imply that you are nothing more than a common animal like that blow worm. However, you are a sentient being worthy of a name such as Aofie, therefore Urqos.

"Deities, however, do not get honorific titles since that would be superfluous. Dionysus is the God of Wine. His name is the very embodiment of his title. Thraxus is Tharxus. I am Juan Echo, the avatar of those that travel the stars. So you can call me Juan, or Jonny. Or Wanderer if you want to be formal about it." Juan shrugs. "But I don't really care. Honor guest rights, the relevant laws regarding combat, the hobo code, the bartender's guide to proper conduct, and any other set of tenets that don't require you to be an asshole and I won't space you; that's my gospel."

"As for the offer of after-training session, maybe after the mission. I've never been one to say no."* You've literally never said no.


Well what the hell. "So your way of acknowledging the greatness in mortals is giving them something to distinguish them from your supposedly greater selves? That is a weird cultural thing Juan. Real weird. Not exactly offensive, but something. Whatever helps you sleep at night. I'll deal with man. And that wasn't an offer. If I make an offer, you'll know" She winks at Juan and gives him a devilish grin.

Chef Icky wrote:Always happy when someone comes asking for a meal, he gestures for her to have a seat. “I reckon I can rustle ya up somethin’ ta tide ya over… provided Meatball ain’t been down ‘ere ta clean out da pantry some more…” he chuckles to himself as he proceeds to whip up some bacon and eggs. “Don’t spoil yer dinner now, I got plans fer some slow-roasted pandinus wit’ some courgettes an’ plums…” he starts rustling through the fridge. “Here’s hopin’ we still got some o’ dat micro-grated Roquefort left…”


"Oh, trust me, I won't ruin my appetite. I probably eat as much as or a little more than you a day big guy. Takes a lot of calories to keep me looking this good don't ya know? I do admit, I have been on a bit of a diet lately, mainly because I couldn't afford all the food I can eat." She grins at Icky as he cooks some food. I don't care what species, always nice to meet a man who can cook. Not that Icky is my type, but still.

After she polishes off a plate of food "Okay, that was good. I can't even call that grub because that would be insulting to your food. I can see a long and fruitful friendship coming out of this' Aoife laughs a little, then lets out a belch "Ooops, looks like I haven't lost all my bad habits from the service. Sorry bout that."

When the inspectors come, Aoife will make sure she is standing wherever Solaris wants her, looking either as intimidating as her short frame can look, or just being there, whichever works best for the plan.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:15 am

Per: 1d100 = 52/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 81

bullman wrote:“Can we keep her?”

"I think that's the idea, big guy."
We might not be in the position to turn many people away at this point.

casanova wrote:"Lisa, you're in charge while I'm gone. I'll be right behind you."

Out of the frying pan...

Solaris speaks up, talking to the ship's computer.
"Datephus, is it possible to register Starchief temporarily as a guest, but not have it show up on our records?"

Sure could use Metri right about now..., Lisa thinks, I'm not exactly the 'tactful' type.

"Alright, let's try to make sure we're in good positions to react to hostility, just in case. But don't make it too obvious, yeah?", Solaris suggests, knowing that the crew can handle themselves without too much guidance.

When everyone seems prepared, she says, "Let 'em on in."
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:47 pm

A Note on Rune Items
I’d encourage everyone who wants to to role-play your own rune items’ personalities. Most updates I won’t have time to do so unless it’s critical for the story.

Juan and Icky return from their shopping trip with bills of sale for 30 adolescent male Lurduuks, and one half-size blow worm. The former are loaded onto the ship already caged (with suitable defensive measures in place to prevent any “accidental” discharges), but the blow worm is another matter. The worm’s massive bulk takes up a full quarter of the cargo bay, even when it is ‘encouraged’ to coil up around itself. Between it and the ducks, the various vehicles, and Sorrenson’s workshop area the cargo bay is getting pretty cramped but still passable.

Juan and Icky take charge of getting their “cover” situated and calmed so that nothing threatens to break loose or blow up the ship. For the time being anyway, everything goes according to plan. Those of you not otherwise engaged pass the trip with the generally wary idleness that characterizes the beginning of every military mission- before the plan gets screwed six ways from Sunday and your lives are in mortal peril. Aoife gets herself settled in, and finds both Sorrenson and Solaris active conversationalists as you watch Juan work in the cargo bay, keeping the animals calm despite (or is it because of) his normally… odd… demeanor. The two ex-CAF soldiers compare notes, and Aoife finds herself warming to and sympathizing with her new second-in-command.

It is Sorrenson who takes it upon himself to brief Aoife on their current mission, although the briefing is a little light on details for the veteran’s taste (which also makes her feel right at home). Sorrenson inquires on the team radio frequency about whether any footage or combat data of the Adventurers’ prior run-in with these Guardsmen is available, but is met with a negative reply. No pictures are available, but Datephus is able to call up some archived combat data that was automatically uploaded to his mainframe from team powered armor suits after the battle. It won’t help with a visual identification, but at least you’ll get a better idea of what they’re capable of. Solaris, Icky, and Starchief are also able to recount the battle in some detail (starting around here). In short- despite a lot of heavy weapons, and a cosmically powered Zembahk, the Guardsmen were able to give the team a run for its money. The talk continues- Sorrenson offers Aoife his spare suit of powered armor, but she declines. She gets a short briefing on the situation on Seeron, post-Tarlok occupation, and a hint of Starchief’s history with the place as a symbol of their resistance. Otherwise, you pass the time getting to know one another and just generally shooting the shit.

Starchief is a blur of mixed emotions as he enters Seeron’s gravity well and beholds home for the first time in a very, very long time. The normally outgoing and cheerful super solider is somber and thoughtful, as he contemplates all of those he’s lost along the way- family, friends, lovers, as well as those who fought alongside him in the resistance and whose fates are currently unknown. People like
Image
Kaboom, Starchief’s frequent partner in crime for rounds of ‘Get Help’ with the Tarlok,
Image
Tarn, everyone’s ‘baby sister’ in Starchief’s resistance cell,
Image
Waldo, everyone’s adopted mother (and Tarn’s Aunt), and all-around tech whiz and support guru, and of course
Image
Dr. Horix, the man who started it all. Among others. Who knows if any of them are still alive?

Icky busies himself in the galley for the majority of the trip- first in preparing a meal for Aoife, who quickly shows herself to be every bit Starchief’s metabolic equal, and then in preparing food for their cargo. The Lurduuks are simple enough- some bulk animal feed will keep them content for a while (hopefully long enough to upload them). The blow worm is… another matter. Icky does some research, with a little help from Juan, and determines that they aren’t exactly picky but that quantity will be a much bigger concern than quality. Not least because the damned thing was severely wounded and needs to regenerate itself. It also occurs to you to hope that said regeneration doesn’t happen too quickly… You’re not sure that the cargo bay can handle it.

In his spare time, Icky starts doing a little research on how he can become the master of his powered armor again (rather than the other way around). His amateur internet-sleuthing quickly causes him to get lost, however, in a sea of quackery (“9 essential oils to help you resist the demonic invasion!”), Fake News (“The Minion War is a myth! 10 Facts the Splugorth-controlled media don’t want you to know!”), and straight-up insanity (“The Minion War is a distraction from the true threat! Even now, three alien intelligences are conspiring to wipe out all sentient life in the Three Galaxies!”). After an hour or so of searching, Icky growls in disgust and gives up. Nobody has time to sort through all this crap, and the ship is due to land soon.

It is only then that it occurs to someone to ask about Starchief’s status vis-à-vis the flight plan sent ahead to the Tarlok.
Solaris wrote:"Datephus, is it possible to register Starchief temporarily as a guest, but not have it show up on our records?"
”AFFIRMATIVE, CREWMEMBER DESIGHATE: LISA SOLARIS. ASSOCIATE DESIGNATE: DOODLES ANTICIPATED THIS POSSIBILITY AND REGISTERED THE SHIP TO HAVE ONLY FIVE CREW. A PASSENGER MAY BE ADDED WITHOUT UNDUE DIFFCULTY.” Should you choose to exercise the option, of course.

When the Tarlock request to board and inspect the ship, you all immediately realize that Starchief’s presence poses a problem. Despite his extended absence from Seeron, he may well be famous enough to be recognized by the guards. A brief, frantic discussion ensues as everyone tries to decide what to do, before Starchief announces that he is going to go hide in the armory- using his new sword to phase out of reality (hopefully long enough to avoid detection).

The rest of you gather in the cargo bay. Sorrenson nonchalantly fires up his new drones, but stops short of activating their flight systems or doing anything that might be considered threatening. Solaris proceeds down to the cargo ramp to greet the Tarlok with Aoife, Juan, and Icky flanking her. You lower the ramp, and allow the Tarlok squad to board the ship. There is one officer-type who is clearly in the lead, two big fellas in more heavily stylized armor than the others, and three Tarlok standing at the rear. At a signal from the commander, two of the Tarlok at the rear take positions guarding the ramp back down.
Juan Echo wrote:"Greetings Urqos security guards, welcome to our wandering emporium of the dangerous and delicious. We are here to provide discerning patrons with one of a kind experience. We see this star system as a fresh market for our services."

One of the heavy Tarlok troopers points what appears to be some kind of heavy plasma cannon at Juan in response and bellows in halting Trade 4, ”What that mean, Urqos? Insult! You mock us, pinkskin!” The commander sighs, turns to his subordinate, and mutters something in a strange tongue.
Mutterings
Those of you with magical translation or who speak Tarlok, and who have enhanced hearing or beat a perception check by at least 15% last round will hear him say ”Quiet, you fool! We discussed this- lower your damned weapon!”
After a moment’s pause, the heavy trooper lowers his cannon.

The commander turns back to the group and addresses Juan in much smoother Trade 4. ”My apologies, ladies and, uh, gentlemen. We don’t get very many visitors out here. But rest assured, you are all most welcome on our lovely world of Seeron. I am sure that there will be many Tarlok citizens in this city who will be interested in sampling your wares- I myself am quite curious to learn what kinds of culinary adventures the other worlds of the Three Galaxies have to offer. However, as they say, business before pleasure. My writ is to inspect all ships and cargo entering Seeronian airspace. Two of my troopers will remain here to guard the entrance- we find that it helps reduce ‘misunderstandings.’” The accompanying grin is horrendous.

”Since my Lokdog is so concerned about insults, he can stay here and review your cargo. I trust you have a specialist on board to brief him? The rest of us will need to take a look around your ship- you understand, we have a bit of a terrorist problem on Seeron. My mandate is to make sure no off-worlders are giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Shall we begin?”
Assignments
Assign (or volunteer) one or more crew to stay with the Tarlock in the cargo bay, and one or more to take them around the ship.


The inspection of the ship takes far longer than you would have liked. The Tarlok commander is nothing if not thorough, and the brusque way they breeze through even the most restricted areas of the ship make it clear that, as far as the brutal boot heel that is the Tarlok government is concerned, private property is a luxury that they afford you only when they feel like it. The wing deck of the ship is small enough to merit barely a few minutes, and with half the squad staying in the cargo bay it also does not feature heavily on the inspection tour.

The same cannot be said for when the tour reaches the magical reactor. All three Talok with you draw to a halt as soon as the doors open (and they will insist on the doors opening). Even the commander is at a loss for words as he points a shaky figure at the glowing magical, cacophony and says ”Wh…What is that?” He licks his lips upon receiving an answer (at least, that’s what you hope he’s doing), and adds ”Uhm… How much for it?”

Assuming you put them off trying to buy the magical generator, the tour continues through the ship’s upper deck. Most quarters are opened, tossed for contraband, and then left in a matter of minutes. The same goes for the galley, and for medical. Pursuant to his instructions, Datephus warns Starchief with three beeps when the Tarlok get close- and the Seeronian promptly D-shifts out of normal reality ((-50 ISP Starchief)). Outside the armory, the Tarlok commander draws to a halt and demands suspiciously, ”What was that?!?” Continuing a suspicious glare regardless of the answer, he demands entrance to the armory.

Inside, rows of painstakingly stacked, biometrically sealed lockers prompt further suspicious growls from the Tarlok. As the locks have been integrated with the ship’s permissions system, any of you are able to open them up (and the Tarlok will insist), whereupon the Tarlok soldiers begin all-but-salivating at the massive pile of ordinance gathered. Eyes wide, the commander rounds on you.

”WHAT is this??? You have enough armaments here to outfit a dozen people? I must say, this is highly irregular. This ship was clearly designed with a larger crew complement in mind, and you have more weapons here than you could possibly need. ‘Emporium of the dangerous and delicious’ indeed! I have half a mind to impound these weapons and arrest you all for smuggling!” As he speaks, the two troopers with him are eagerly pawing through your arsenal, fondling the energy rifles in particular as well as anything that looks like it might be an explosive.

Back in the cargo bay, the heavy infantry trooper is clearly in a foul mood after his dressing-down by his commander. He demands to be taken through both storage rooms in the cargo bay- the EVA gear stored there is inoffensive enough, and he slams both doors in frustration afterwards. With his two comrades remaining stoically on guard by the ramp, the trooper stalks around the cargo bay looking for something on which to vent his wrath. He performs a casually brutal search of Sorrenson’s workshop, throwing tools and supplies all over the place but (fortunately) not breaking anything.

With another frustrated snarl, the Tarlok stomps over to the cages holding the Lurduuks. To whoever on the crew is stationed there, he growls ”Worm look disgusting- like Gline. What these good for?” He eyes the Lurduuk with far more interest, approaching its cage with one talon extended to try and tap it. In response, the Lurduuk begins to glow with energy…

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:55 am

Perception: 1d100 = 18
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 65
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30

NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400 - assuming it's been repaired (was 132/400)
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5


Juan Echo wrote:"I never judge another individual's perversions until after the second time we copulate

What does copulate mean? Oh right. Well, in that case I'm confident that you'll never get to judge mine. No offense, but you're just not my type." Sorrenson laughs. "Best you know that now, so you don't get your hopes up."

Before the Tarlok come on board Sorrenson seals up his suit and snuggles into the pilot harness. He starts chewing his lip. Huh, I must be nervous about something. He looks around at the Lightening Ducks and Blow Worm and decides those things are probably enough to worry about, even before the Tarlok come on board. During the initial meet and greet he the Drudge stands almost motionless in the cargo hold, NE-800 in hand and pointed at the ground.

Thin skinned Tarlok wrote:”What that mean, Urqos? Insult! You mock us, pinkskin!”

Sorrenson groans to himself. Oh neato... These mooks have easily wounded pride to go with their winning looks. Sorrenson looks back at Juan and plays out what the Wanderer might say next. Oh, this could go so very very wrong! He opens up a team channel and rapidly gives Juan some advice. "Hey Juan, go easy on the God vs Urqos stuff. Now isn't a good time for your usual 'I'm a god and you're not' spiel. Adapt to your audience man."

When the Tarlok split up Sorrenson offers to stay in the cargo hold. "I'll stay here. It's not like I can go anywhere else suited up." He opens the doors to the various rooms to give the Tarlok access. Not wanting to give Mr. Short Fuse a reason to blow he doesn't say much. Sorrenson watches in silent horror as the grumpy trooper rummages through his 'workshop'. He is just happy he didn't really have anything serious in progress.

Mr. Short Fuse Tarlok wrote:”Worm look disgusting- like Gline. What these good for?"

"Whoa, whoa, easy there Chief." Sorrenson steps forward towards the Lightening ducks, more to get Mr Short Fuse's attention on him and away from the ducks. Not sure how much the Tarlok understands of Trade one Sorrenson keeps it simple. "Those are good things. Birds for hunting. Hunting birds that shoot back! Great sport! Only for toughest warriors. We heard Tarlok are very tough, VERY TOUGH. Tougher than.... um, ah Kreghor? Yes, tougher than Kreghor who refuse to hunt Lightening birds. Too dangerous they say. So we bring Lightening birds to sell. Be careful though." He points to the glowing bird. "He's afraid of you, so he makes shield. No problem. If you get closer he'll shoot you. You are tough so you survive, it's a little problem." He points to the other cages. "We have 40 birds, if they all shoot you at the same time. Well, that would be a BIG problem. Please, no closer, no touching the birds. I don't want to die today." He looks over the birds and starts making little calming cooing and quacking noises. "Bru bru bru, qua qua quack quack bru bru... It helps calm them. You make noises too please"

Sorrenson pings his drone to get it to start recording visuals and audio.

Public Speaking 66 / 1d100 = 63 - to be convincing I guess - Pass
Imitate voices 60 / 1d100 = 47 - for accurate bird noises - Pass
Last edited by Sorrenson on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 33/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 36

Dark Lord wrote:One of the heavy Tarlok troopers points what appears to be some kind of heavy plasma cannon at Juan in response and bellows in halting Trade 4, ”What that mean, Urqos? Insult! You mock us, pinkskin!” The commander sighs, turns to his subordinate, and mutters something in a strange tongue. After a moment’s pause, the heavy trooper lowers his cannon.


"Wow. Touchy and ugly. Not a good combination in any species." Aoife says in Trade 1. I really hope we can get through this inspection without an incident. Hopefully all this posturing right now is just a show. She takes a good look at all the Tarlok, trying to start figuring out their power structure, types of weapons, anything that will be useful intelligence down the road if things turn nasty with their hosts.

Intelligence 1d100 = 94/73%

Dark Lord wrote:”Since my Lokdog is so concerned about insults, he can stay here and review your cargo. I trust you have a specialist on board to brief him? The rest of us will need to take a look around your ship- you understand, we have a bit of a terrorist problem on Seeron. My mandate is to make sure no off-worlders are giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Shall we begin?”


Huh, splitting up a group. Yeah, maybe I'm being paranoid but that sounds like an excellent way to ambush a crew and take over the ship. I think I'll see if I can stick with Solaris, just in case. "If no one objects, I'll stick with the boss, watch her back." Aoife says this in Trade 4 so all the crew can understand her. She makes sure her particle beam rifle is slung but easily accessible just in case she needs it, and follows Solaris about a pace behind and a little to the left.

Dark Lord wrote:”WHAT is this??? You have enough armaments here to outfit a dozen people? I must say, this is highly irregular. This ship was clearly designed with a larger crew complement in mind, and you have more weapons here than you could possibly need. ‘Emporium of the dangerous and delicious’ indeed! I have half a mind to impound these weapons and arrest you all for smuggling!” As he speaks, the two troopers with him are eagerly pawing through your arsenal, fondling the energy rifles in particular as well as anything that looks like it might be an explosive.


First they toss the quarters, and now this? This sounds less like an inspection and more like a pretense to seize the ship. And isn't the Captain supposed to be in here just invisible or something. We are on a clock then. He said it was good for like 10 minutes, better set a timer. Aoife discreetly sets up a timer in her HUD, hoping she got her estimate right, based on how long they have been in the Armory so far. Then she takes a look at the Tarlok, and starts sizing up which one to go for first if this turns ugly. Well, uglier than the Tarloks already are anyway. "However you want to do this boss, I'll back your play."
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:34 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 47
JiC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 91
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 21
Effects
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location: Main body, 140; Head 60; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Relevant abilities
Charm (80%) - 1d100 = 93 FAIL
See the Invisible

While still en route to Seeron:
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Well, in that case I'm confident that you'll never get to judge mine. No offense, but you're just not my type." Sorrenson laughs. "Best you know that now, so you don't get your hopes up."

"None taken," Juan chuckles. "I'm more of a legs God, and I'm afraid you don't have as many sets as I usually go for."

Once they have landed:
Ugly and Tempermental Urqos wrote:”What that mean, Urqos? Insult! You mock us, pinkskin!”

Juan raises his hands camly. "My apologies. In my native language Urqos means 'noble mortal'. For I am the Wandering God of the Planet Yaya. It is my calling to travel the Three Galaxies in search of the strange and unknown and share my discoveries with those that I meet." (Charm)

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Hey Juan, go easy on the God vs Urqos stuff. Now isn't a good time for your usual 'I'm a god and you're not' spiel. Adapt to your audience man."

Juan nods. The commander may be somewhat amenable to Juan's sales pitch, but the others clearly have no sense of fun. He steps back and lets the others do the talking. "Roger that. They do not seem like good marks," Juan whispers in his comm. "We should show them that our operation that caters to people beneath them, such as weekend warriors. This should look dangerous on the surface but something for someone who doesn't have their training or demeanor. Hopefully they will get bored and leave quickly."

Just Uglier Urqos wrote:However, as they say, business before pleasure. My writ is to inspect all ships and cargo entering Seeronian airspace. Two of my troopers will remain here to guard the entrance- we find that it helps reduce ‘misunderstandings.’” The accompanying grin is horrendous.

"Since my Lokdog is so concerned about insults, he can stay here and review your cargo. I trust you have a specialist on board to brief him? The rest of us will need to take a look around your ship- you understand, we have a bit of a terrorist problem on Seeron. My mandate is to make sure no off-worlders are giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Shall we begin?”

Juan stays in the cargo bay to monitor the livestock. He puts one hand on the side pocket holding his Magical Clubs and leans against the wall as Tarlok goes through the cargo bay with a reckless meticulousness found only the least imaginative authoritarians. Juan scans the bay just in case Starchief has to sneak in while cloaked (See the Invisible). He also looks out for any unseen visitors that may have tried to enter with the Tarloks. But most importantly, he makes sure that the animals do not get spooked and attacked the guards. It would be easy to let the lurduuks zap the one tarlok trooper to medium well-done and feed him to the blow worm, but it would also blow their cover.
Ugly, Irritable and Tempermental Urqos wrote:”Worm look disgusting- like Gline. What these good for?”

"That is a blow worm. It may not be the tastiest food, but it can be a worthy opponent. I have seen one twice this size fight four draconids to a standstill. And there is nothing quite like eating something you killed in the heat of battle." Juan says casually. "Is this Gline of yours dangerous? If so, we might be interested in trapping one."

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:Please, no closer, no touching the birds. I don't want to die today... It helps calm them. You make noises too please."

Sorrenson pings his drone to get it to start recording visuals and audio.

Juan holds back a grin as he watches the scene unfold. This could turn out very amusing, or it could turn violently wrong in a split second. Juan is ready to activate the Armor of Ithan in a moments notice if needed (see Armor).
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:29 am

Per: 1d100 = 20/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 74

leader uggo wrote:”Since my Lokdog is so concerned about insults, he can stay here and review your cargo. I trust you have a specialist on board to brief him? The rest of us will need to take a look around your ship- you understand, we have a bit of a terrorist problem on Seeron. My mandate is to make sure no off-worlders are giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Shall we begin?”

"Very good, mind the cargo please."
Solaris gives some hand signals to Aoife, out of sight of the Tarlok commander. "Hack comms, control data in/out."((Sign Language (military), 1d100 = 45/58%;pass))

"Yes, Aoife, Icky, why don't you join me in welcoming our guests. Juan, Sorrenson, it looks like you're on cargo duty. Try not to get our guests eaten, yeah?"

”Wh…What is that?” He licks his lips upon receiving an answer (at least, that’s what you hope he’s doing), and adds ”Uhm… How much for it?”

"Not for sale, love."

leader uggo wrote:”What was that?!?”

"Must have been the internal defense systems. I'm sure it's nothing..."

leader uggo wrote:”WHAT is this??? You have enough armaments here to outfit a dozen people? I must say, this is highly irregular. This ship was clearly designed with a larger crew complement in mind, and you have more weapons here than you could possibly need. ‘Emporium of the dangerous and delicious’ indeed! I have half a mind to impound these weapons and arrest you all for smuggling!” As he speaks, the two troopers with him are eagerly pawing through your arsenal, fondling the energy rifles in particular as well as anything that looks like it might be an explosive.

"Excuse me! I am a collector! Hands off my stuff! The explosives are for scuttling the ship, if it comes to that. Better than letting those damn critters free. Hey! You damage my EPR-8 A1 Mod 6 and you'll pay for it!" Solaris launches into the history of each weapon, describing how each firearm is rare and collectable.

"Now, while the EPR-8 Mk 2 is worth a little less, it's much harder to come by, and that one was used in the encounter on Dravon Ten. Very rare. THIS EPR-8 Mk2 was basically the same but as you can see by the serial number it was the last run on Gorgantha before the plant there was shut down."

When Solaris sees the troopers pawing through yet more of the armory's weapons, she decides to go for broke.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!", she shouts hysterically, snatching an EPR away from one of the soldiers and caressing it as if holding a lover, "Ahhh...", she sighs ecstatically, "this one is rather special.", Solaris smiles a little too widely at the Tarlok commander, looking very derranged.

"This weapon belonged to the space pirate Riva Sirrova. Oh, you don't know her?" Solaris laughs maniacally, slowly strutting around the armory. "I have it on good authority that she's made entire colonies disappear. Her crew is said to be powerful and deadly warriors, all. And she loves to invite unsuspecting locals on board her ship, only for them to...never...leave. She loves to kill her victims slooooowly. Hehe, the screams are so much better that way."

Solaris cackles crazily while petting the energy rifle she cradles in her arms. "In fact, they say that the smell of blood and death never leaves her possessions. Such as this rifle. Go on, smell it.", Solaris offers, taking a wiff of the muzzle as if smelling exotic flowers. She slides up close to the Tarlok commander and demands again, forcefully.

"SMELL IT.", she points the weapon up for the Tarlok to sniff at it. If he does, she laughs and places it back on it's place on the rack. "Luckily, you have NOTHING to fear from me. I'm just a harmless trader, not a bloodthirsty pirate."
((Trust/Intimidate 1d100 = 45/40% +10% vs military personnel; pass if they're military))
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:43 am

<rolls held>

Solaris wrote:Solaris gives some hand signals to Aoife, out of sight of the Tarlok commander. "Hack comms, control data in/out."


OOC Comments
Sign Language (Military) 1d100 = 37/49%


Realizing what Solaris wants her to do, Aoife uses her armors built in computer and works on hacking into the Tarlok's comm signals. She does her best to do the typing when the Tarloks are not looking. If she can she will walk behind the Tarlok. While she doesn't speak the Tarlok language, she figures a block on the communications from the team inside the DSM will do the trick. She will program one in so all the has to do is press a button and trigger the block.

Computer Hacking 1d100 = 75/74%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 6/59%[/dice]
Extra Rolls
In case DL decides it takes more than one roll to accomplish.
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 43/74%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 41/59%[/dice]
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 84/74%
Computer Programming 1d100 = 79/59%[/dice]


After that, she sets up her comms to listen in on the tarlok's frequency, with an override for the teams frequency so she doesn't miss anything the team brings up on comms.
Radio:Basic 1d100 = 28/84%
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 65/69%

After all that is done, she signs back to Solaris "It's done. Contingency in place." Just like Solaris did to her, she does this while keeping her hands out of the Tarloks view.

Sign Language (Military) 1d100 = 2/49%

Solaris wrote:"SMELL IT.", she points the weapon up for the Tarlok to sniff at it. If he does, she laughs and places it back on it's place on the rack. "Luckily, you have NOTHING to fear from me. I'm just a harmless trader, not a bloodthirsty pirate."


Noticing that Solaris is playing the scary card, Aoife decides to join in and trying to look scary for their guests. She puts on her best wicked grin and crazy eyes, and eyeballs the Tarlok.
Trust/Intimidate 1d100 = 53/75%
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:39 am

<Rolls Held>
Juan Echo wrote:... watches the scene unfold.

Sorrenson sees that Juan is just watching. Oh no no no, if I'm gunna get ol' Short-fuse to buy this we all have to sell it. "Oi, PinkSkin! You sing bird song too! It helps. Coo coo, Quack, quack. Do the dance of your people, it helps too. Coo coo bru bru qua quack. You know, the Dumpster-Chicken one. I try it too." Sorrenson stretches out the arms on his PA and checks he has enough space. He then does his best to flap his arms in a bird like fashion, as best he can. he also tries a gentle waddle side to side action too.

Pilot PA: 83% / 1d100 = 28 pass Sorrenson nails a sense of relaxed bird like elegance with his PA's movments.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:20 am

<Rolls carry>
Urqos Solaris wrote:"Yes, Aoife, Icky, why don't you join me in welcoming our guests. Juan, Sorrenson, it looks like you're on cargo duty. Try not to get our guests eaten, yeah?"

Juan Echo looks at Solaris and gives a nod. "No promises, Urqos Captain. However, I will try to keep our honored guests safe from the cargo."

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Oi, PinkSkin! You sing bird song too! It helps. Coo coo, Quack, quack. Do the dance of your people, it helps too. Coo coo bru bru qua quack. You know, the Dumpster-Chicken one. I try it too." Sorrenson stretches out the arms on his PA and checks he has enough space. He then does his best to flap his arms in a bird like fashion, as best he can. he also tries a gentle waddle side to side action too.

Juan picks up a few pieces of scrap that the tarlok guard had strewn across the cargo bay floor and turns his head the other direction quickly. He feigns not hearing Sorrenson until he starts quacking.

"Bah! Not now furry one," Juan snaps. "I must sweep your mess and make sure the cargo bay is grounded. We don't want a stray lightening bolt shorting our navigation systems again, do we? " When the tarlok is not looking he gives Sorrenson a wink and a huge grin.

"Calm the animals down quickly lest you disrupt our Urqos visitors. They are big and mighty Urqos, unlike you, small creature." Brother. Over the line. "If the Urqos was to try your silly dance he might scare the luurduck and provoke it to attack us. You cannot expect a creature as noble as this Urqos to pretend to be the mother of a simple animal like that. This job is suited more to your miniscule frame. Why I'd wager the worth of one duck that our Urqos guest cannot successfully calm the animal down."

Not cool, Jonny. I see where you two are going with this, but you don't have to demean Urqos Sorrenson like that to do so. Seriously. Not. Cool.*

If/when the tarlok is not paying attention Juan uses his comm to send a quick message to Sorrenson. "I apologize for my language here, and you are entitled to punch me once we are done with the inspection. Duck wager still on?"

* The treatment of Urqos is hotly debated in the Yayamama Star System, opinions vary on both planets. Some deities believe that Urqos means just one step above animals, and little else. These individuals often do not acknowledge that Urqos have names or even basic rights beyond life and food. Others feel the term is crucial to treating Urqos as above most life on the Three Galaxies. Few species attain sentience and this is something to honor, the argument goes. By this logic, not only do Urqos have names (that the Gods will recognize) but also adding the title Urqos is an implicit acceptance of the basic rights afforded to all sentient creatures.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 96/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 26

Solaris wrote:
leader uggo wrote:”Since my Lokdog is so concerned about insults, he can stay here and review your cargo. I trust you have a specialist on board to brief him? The rest of us will need to take a look around your ship- you understand, we have a bit of a terrorist problem on Seeron. My mandate is to make sure no off-worlders are giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Shall we begin?”


"Yes, Aoife, Icky, why don't you join me in welcoming our guests. Juan, Sorrenson, it looks like you're on cargo duty. Try not to get our guests eaten, yeah?"


“Aye, Cap’n…” Icky nods and falls in behind her and Aoife. He presents as professional an image as possible, playing the role of quiet and not-too-bright bodyguard so as to not give the Tarlok any reason to think otherwise. He listens to as much as he can and keeps his translator going so he can pick up whatever’s spoken in languages he doesn’t speak as much as he can.

If spoken to/asked questions he’ll give brief and simple-sounding answers. If/when asked about the livestock on board he’ll simply shrug and say “I dunno, boss, I’m jus’ da cook. Da cap’n makes da deals, da red stone guy wrangles da stock. I do whatever dey tell me ta do an’ cook up whatever dey gotta put down.”

Solaris wrote:"Excuse me! I am a collector! Hands off my stuff! The explosives are for scuttling the ship, if it comes to that. Better than letting those damn critters free. Hey! You damage my EPR-8 A1 Mod 6 and you'll pay for it!" Solaris launches into the history of each weapon, describing how each firearm is rare and collectable.

"Now, while the EPR-8 Mk 2 is worth a little less, it's much harder to come by, and that one was used in the encounter on Dravon Ten. Very rare. THIS EPR-8 Mk2 was basically the same but as you can see by the serial number it was the last run on Gorgantha before the plant there was shut down."

When Solaris sees the troopers pawing through yet more of the armory's weapons, she decides to go for broke.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!", she shouts hysterically, snatching an EPR away from one of the soldiers and caressing it as if holding a lover, "Ahhh...", she sighs ecstatically, "this one is rather special.", Solaris smiles a little too widely at the Tarlok commander, looking very derranged.

"This weapon belonged to the space pirate Riva Sirrova. Oh, you don't know her?" Solaris laughs maniacally, slowly strutting around the armory. "I have it on good authority that she's made entire colonies disappear. Her crew is said to be powerful and deadly warriors, all. And she loves to invite unsuspecting locals on board her ship, only for them to...never...leave. She loves to kill her victims slooooowly. Hehe, the screams are so much better that way."

Solaris cackles crazily while petting the energy rifle she cradles in her arms. "In fact, they say that the smell of blood and death never leaves her possessions. Such as this rifle. Go on, smell it.", Solaris offers, taking a wiff of the muzzle as if smelling exotic flowers. She slides up close to the Tarlok commander and demands again, forcefully.

"SMELL IT.", she points the weapon up for the Tarlok to sniff at it. If he does, she laughs and places it back on it's place on the rack. "Luckily, you have NOTHING to fear from me. I'm just a harmless trader, not a bloodthirsty pirate."


((OOC: I cannot begin to tell y'all how much I loved this post. I cackled out loud while reading it the first time.))

It’s nearly all Icky can do to keep a straight face as Solaris and Aoife go full ‘crazy gun lady’ on the guests. Heavens to Mergatroid, I wish Meatball could see this. I’m not letting either one of them around my Borgtha or Volcano though.

He does however allow himself a slight snort and a shake of his head. If any of the Tarlok question him about it he shrugs. “Oi, she collects guns like I collect recipes. We ‘ad dis guy once dat collected ceramic unicorns. ‘Ad ‘em all over da guy’s cabin.” He points to the one Solaris tried to get the lead Tarlok to smell. “Poor git made da mistake o’ borrowin’ dat one without da cap’n’s okay first. Let’s jus’ say ol’ Meatball couldn’t walk straight fer a standard week after dat.” He chuckles softly. “Never knew what wound up ‘appenin’ ta ‘im. Da next port we made ‘e grabbed ‘is unicorns an’ jumped ship.”

Easy pal, he cautions himself. Don’t lay it on too thick or they’ll never buy it.

If asked further about the armory he’ll shrug once again. “Enh, so da cap’n’s a crazy gun lady. She ain’t da nuttiest cap’n I’ve worked fer, she don’t tell me what ta cook, an’ she pays good. Dat’s ‘nuff fer me.”
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 pm

In the cargo bay, Juan quickly defuses a cross-cultural misunderstanding surrounding his use of the term ‘Urqos.’ Both he and Sorrenson opt to remain in the cargo bay, to keep an eye on their menagerie as well as their savage ‘hosts.’ Solaris takes Aoife and Icky with her to escort the other three Tarlok through the ship while the duo staying behind make it clear that the cargo bay has nothing to hide. Most of the conversation is one-way, with Sorrenson and Juan immersing themselves in their cover stories and trying to sell the Tarlok on some sort of exotic hunting expedition. The conversation soon turns to the livestock.
Juan Echo wrote:"Is this Gline of yours dangerous? If so, we might be interested in trapping one."
The Talok pauses for a moment, blinking as if he wasn’t sure he understood the question properly, then roars with laughter that echoes throughout the ship. The two guards at the door quickly join in, leaving Juan and Sorrenson mystified as to the source of the humor. Eventually, the Tarlok calm down, and the more heavily armored fellow replies, ”Glines not dangerous. Weak, soft. Easy prey.” A thoughtful look enters his eye as he regards the blow worm, in light of your ‘upselling’ it. ”Maybe your worm better.”

The Tarlok (in both groups) cast a suspicious eye at those they catch talking into radios in a foreign trade tongue, but none of them appear to understand you and those of you with military training are good enough at covert subvocalization that it isn’t a huge issue. Then the Tarlok heavy starts poking the bear- or more accurately, the lurduuk. Thinking fast, Sorrenson steps forward- less to interpose himself (which would be a bad idea) and more to grab the trooper’s attention. While Juan leans back and enjoys the show (and conceals a grin inside his helmet), Sorrenson steps up and begins replicating his earlier dance performance from Carmen’s. The effects of the jaunty dance moves are somewhat at odds with the heavy, pounding footfalls of Sorrenson’s powered armor, but the techno-wizard somehow does a passable imitation of a duck’s quacking through the armor loudspeakers. Juan plays along, sort of, by egging on Sorrenson. The Tarlok, meanwhile, has frozen to watch the show- talon mere centimeters from the closest lurduuk cage. He retracts his hand, gives the lurduuk a very close look, gives Sorrenson another look, and then retreats to his comrades guarding the ramp. As he does so, he mutters to the two of them in Tarlok.
Mutterings
”These aliens are insane. Let’s get out of here.”

Meanwhile, the tour of the rest of the ship goes about as well. Solaris covertly signals for Aoife to try and hack their communications, and smoothly dissuades them from attempting to purchase the ship’s mystic reactor- at that same moment, Datephus conveniently manifests his head in the energy stream, and the experience is disconcerting enough that the Tarlok decide not to bother. The beeps (secretly notifying Starchief) she likewise plays off as the ship’s internal defensive systems- this pronouncement prompts the Tarlok commander’s escorts to look around the ship warily, but the commander himself only nods in understanding.

With Solaris playing the role of demure host, Icky at her side conveniently (and silently) blocking Aoife from the Tarloks’ lines of sight, and a ship full of wonders and alien technology to behold, Aoife is able to surreptitiously tap away at her armor’s computer. The good news is, Tarlok encryption is on the primitive side; the bad news is, everything’s in Tarlok. She is unable to fully penetrate their security, and so can’t hack their comms or listen in on any messages, but she doesn’t trip any alerts either. She is able to ping various relay stations around the city, and as such can do basic location and direction traces of the sources of any Tarlok communications of a sufficient signal strength. Aoife is also able to block Tarlok communications within the ship without tipping off the inspection team.

Things continue to go fine until they hit the armory, where the Tarlok commander loses his temper at the awesome arsenal before them and Solaris appears to lose her freaking mind. With Aoife and Icky adding their own bulk to the process, Solaris succeeds in intimidating the inspection team- or at least convincing them that she’s off her rocker and not to be trifled with. He obliges Solaris’ demand that he smell her collection with slightly widened eyes, then backs slowly out of the room. His prior outrage gone, he merely adds ”Of course, we would never dream of confiscating the private collection of one of our alien guests. We have a bit of an terrorism problem here on Seeron, you understand. We simply need to make sure that no-one from off-world is arming these fanatics. So long as your… collection remains on board, you will have no problems with Tarlok security.

After a perfunctory look around the bridge and the rest of the fore section of the upper deck, the Tarlok commander declares the inspection complete and you return to the cargo bay. There, you find Juan (both Icky and Solaris notice his barely-contained laughter), with their trio of Tarlok standing close to the exit. The full squad of Tarlok returns to the ramp, with the commander tapping at his own wrist-mounted computer and frowning. He looks up at Solaris [b]”I cannot seem to access central security’s database to give you clearance to debark. No doubt this wonderful vessel of yours is interfering with our instruments. Please wait here while we finalize your off-boarding.”


The six Tarlok descend the ramp and leave the ship. The commander and his two escorts head to a terminal near the hangar entrance, while the remaining three resume guard positions perhaps 20 feet out from the foot of the ramp. Solaris, and any of the rest of you who see the Tarlok off and safely away from your ship, spot a human figure who phases through the hangar entrance as if they were a ghost, and glides silently towards the apparently oblivious Tarlok. As she materializes, those of you watching realize she looks strange- semi-transparent, as if her skin were made of glass or ice. You have, at most, time to shout a warning before she lands, and reveals an explosive vest strapped to her torso! Before the Tarlok can do much more than turn and cry out, she yells ”FREE SEERON!” and presses a button in her hand.

Those of you wearing armor are glad for it, as the sudden cacophony of a massive explosion is reduced to manageable levels by your noise-dampening systems. In its place, you hear Datephus’ calm voice ”WARNING! ANTIMATTER EXPLOSION DETECTED- ACTIVATING DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS!” In an instant, the Dime Store Magic’s armor of ithan envelops the ship, shielding it and all of you from the explosion ((-1 DSM AoI activation)). The magical shielding holds up under the blast, but with the smoke and rain of debris it is close to a minute before you can see anything in the cramped confines of the hangar.

The Tarlok, the terminal they were using, and the mysterious woman are all gone- little more than greasy stains on the floor of the hangar. About a third of the hangar itself is badly damaged- all damage stopping immediately at the DSM’s perimeter. The doors leading out of the hangar and into the city are hanging ajar, through which you can hear some commotion. Loud voices, and in the distance sirens. Should Aoife consult Tarlok communications she will learn that the source of a large signal (presumably some kind of vehicle) has been dispatched to your location at great speed, and will be here in about a minute.

But that’s not all. While the rest of you were protected from the noise and light produced by the explosion, your cargo was not. With a roar, the blow worm wakes up and begins thrashing, as do half the lurduuks. While the blow worm is still semi-conscious and not making a threat of itself, yet, the lurduuks all begin firing lighting bolts as part of their instinctive predator response. Everyone (except Starchief), roll to dodge a strike of 15- if you fail, take 1d6 magical energy damage (Sorrenson and Juan, roll twice).

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 51/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 2 / 1d100 = 76

Dodge 1d20+13 = 19

Well damn, looks like we are going to have a shit show on our hands if we don't get this dealt with fast. Aoife make sure her face-plate is secure and looks around at the devestation. Well damn, whatever this ship has for shields it held up to that antimatter blast pretty well. And that wasn't a small blast.

Aoife checks the hacked comms to see how the Tarlok are responding, and although she would deny it, anyone looking at her face would swear they saw an 'oh shit' expression on her face. "Guys, we need to get things under control, I don't speak Tarlok, but they don't sound happy and we have a large signal source headed for us. We have a minute, maybe two if I am doing my math right" Her voice is tightly controlled, all business, as if this was just another day, walking through a park on a sunny summer day. I have no clue what to do with those animals, except kill them, and I think that would ruin our cover.

Not really knowing what else to do yet, she stands at the edge of the cargo bay, out of the way, where she has good sight lines to the outside of the bay, and readies her rifle. She will keep up with the hacked communications, getting the position data on the signal source in the corner of her HUD. "Guys, let me know if I can do anything. My only real experience with animal control is killing them though. I'm keeping a watch on the landing bay, and the incoming signal."

Computer Operations 1d100 = 52/69%
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 52
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 75
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400 - assuming it's been repaired (was 132/400)
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Dodge rolls (need 15+ to dodge): 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 16
Juan Echo wrote:"I apologize for my language here, and you are entitled to punch me once we are done with the inspection. Duck wager still on?"

"No worries man, no offense taken. No bet though, win or lose conditions could be open to debate. I can't be bothered with that nonsense. A bet should have a clear victory or loss condition." Sorrenson replies over the radio.

Sorrenson can't help be a little disappointed when the Tarlok just turns around and leaves. Aw, all that effort for nothing. "Oh no! Why you no make bird song?" He calls after the Tarlok, trying not to laugh and not expecting an answer. When the others arrive with the Tarlok-in-charge Sorrenson just waves a little bye-bye as they exit the ship. Well, that wasn't so bad. I guess we just need this guy to figure out his back-water level comms so we can get clearance to leave the ship.

Once the Tarlok are outside he stops paying attention to them and starts checking the Larducks level of chill. "Coo Coo Qua qua...Easy there my dudes.... Coo Coo." Then something goes boom! Safely behind the ship's AoI Sorrenson is shielded from the blast. His PA's auto-systems dampen the worst of the flash and blast, even so he fells like his heart just skipped a beat. Sorrenson jumps away from the Larduck as they start shooting lightening bolts. Uh oh! He activates his Armor of Ithan enchant and starts cooing and waddling like a duck, more out of habit than any certainty that it'll work.. "Coo coo Quack quack Coo coo." Why am I doing this? I have no idea if it'll work...
Aoife wrote:"Guys, we need to get things under control, I don't speak Tarlok, but they don't sound happy and we have a large signal source headed for us. We have a minute, maybe two if I am doing my math right"

"I say we dump the Ducks. Just throw them out the ramp. I doubt my song and dance routine is working." Sorrenson pauses. "What's the plan, do we wait for more Tarlok to turn up or do we try to slip away in the confusion?" He looks up and says "Hey Datephus, Can you tell Starchief he's needed now! please."

He looks out the ramps, blows out a low whistle at the sight of the damage and raises an eyebrow. "Antimatter? Well, looks like someone is not fucking around."

Sorrenson remembers the drones he was gifted by Mr. T. Yo, Am of Understanding, wake up man. I need your help. Can you send the some drones out the back to keep an eye on what's going on outside? patch Aoife into the visual / audio feeds if you can. Thanks!

Sorrenson gets the impression that the Amulet of Understanding is aghast! Excuse me! I must say you really are a uncouth individual. Please, I must insist that you use my correct, well earned and deeply appropriate title in the future: 'Amulet of Understanding'. Be aware that if you fail to so I shall simply ignore your pleas for assistance. As for your prompt to wake up! You almost insult me sir! I assure you I do not dilly dally around and snooze my precious time away. I have transcended beyond the limitations of flesh and bone. I have fully dedicated myself to my work, my passion, my calling, my masterpiece. Your interruptions are, in fact, exactly that - interruptions! Mr. Sorrenson, you do not impress me. The only redeeming feature in your most recent communication is that you bothered to say thank you, albeit in a pitiful shortened form at that. Manners Maketh Man. I insist that you remember that in the future Mr Sorrenson. It shoots back telepathically. Nevertheless, it sends the spy drone and both combat drones out the back of the ramp and stations them around the landing bay.

Stunned into silence Sorrenson isn't sure what to say or do. "Well, you must be fun at parties." He eventually replies out loud.

NB: -10 p.p.e. for AoI
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:16 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 13
JiC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 95
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 5

Effects
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location: Main body, 140; Head 60; Arms (each) 50; Legs (each) 60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once)
100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Dodge rolls
1. 1d20+7 = 27 - Critical success!
2. 1d20+7 = 14 - Failed
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"No worries man, no offense taken. No bet though, win or lose conditions could be open to debate. I can't be bothered with that nonsense. A bet should have a clear victory or loss condition." Sorrenson replies over the radio.

"Very well. But I still think the tarlok is going to get zapped. Watch out for a discharge," Juan whispers quickly. He continues to clear the cargo bay floor lest any of the TW gear get hit by a blast of lightening.

When the tarlok disembarks he chuckles to himself; the tarlok are a grim, miserable, and casually cruel species and their frustration and ambivalence amuses the Wanderer. He gives Sorrenson a thumbs up and then goes back to cleaning the cargo bay.

Dark Lord wrote:Those of you wearing armor are glad for it, as the sudden cacophony of a massive explosion is reduced to manageable levels by your noise-dampening systems. In its place, you hear Datephus’ calm voice ”WARNING! ANTIMATTER EXPLOSION DETECTED- ACTIVATING DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS!” In an instant, the Dime Store Magic’s armor of ithan envelops the ship, shielding it and all of you from the explosion ((-1 DSM AoI activation)). The magical shielding holds up under the blast, but with the smoke and rain of debris it is close to a minute before you can see anything in the cramped confines of the hangar.

The moment the shockwave hits Juan powers up his Armor of Ithan. His first thought is that the tarlok are about to rob and murder them. The second is the tarlok probably aren't that imaginative, and it might be the team's targets getting the drop. Even if it's not that, Juan prepares for a threat. With his second layer of armor up he looks around the bay.

Dark Lord wrote:But that’s not all. While the rest of you were protected from the noise and light produced by the explosion, your cargo was not. With a roar, the blow worm wakes up and begins thrashing, as do half the lurduuks. While the blow worm is still semi-conscious and not making a threat of itself, yet, the lurduuks all begin firing lighting bolts as part of their instinctive predator response.

Juan turns his head a little to dodge the first lightening bolt with ease. Unfortunately, he didn't notice the second blast until the last minute and just gets hit by hit as he tries to hop out of the way. The lurduuks are the only problem though, as the blow worm is still securely fastened to the ship. It stirs a little but it hasn't broken from its restraints.

Urqos Aoife wrote: Aoife checks the hacked comms to see how the Tarlok are responding, and although she would deny it, anyone looking at her face would swear they saw an 'oh shit' expression on her face. "Guys, we need to get things under control, I don't speak Tarlok, but they don't sound happy and we have a large signal source headed for us. We have a minute, maybe two if I am doing my math right" Her voice is tightly controlled, all business, as if this was just another day, walking through a park on a sunny summer day. I have no clue what to do with those animals, except kill them, and I think that would ruin our cover.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"I say we dump the Ducks. Just throw them out the ramp. I doubt my song and dance routine is working." Sorrenson pauses. "What's the plan, do we wait for more Tarlok to turn up or do we try to slip away in the confusion?" He looks up and says "Hey Datephus, Can you tell Starchief he's needed now! please."

"I concur with Urqos Sorrenson," Juan replies. "I cannot imagine whatever is approaching is friendly, the lurduuks will slow them down. If anyone asks we were about to unload the ducks and make a sale to the guards when the blast occurred.

"Help me move these crates off the ship before they break. Just throw them off the ramp."


Juan picks up the crates with the aid of whomever is available and then rolls them down the ramp of the Dime Store Magic onto the hangar. He watches as the crates waiting for the moment that the lurduuks to finally break free and fly away. His hand reaches for his grenade launcher in case anything might approach.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:17 am

Perception: 1d100 = 39/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 15

This is a strange sensation. Starchief watches like a ghost as the armory is inspected and Solaris does her best to convince the Tarlok commander that they are not gun runners.
Cowards. Back in Champion's day, I would have simply taken the guard out and any other forces of evil that presented themselves. Because it was the right and honorable thing to do! You kids these days with your deception and your
Champion?
What is it Andra?
Stories later. Action now. The enemy is on board the ship. With this ability, this Dimensional Shift Ghost as you called it, can I make it off of the ship in time?
Well, it wouldn't be an adventure if I gave you all the answers, would it?
Thanks Champion. As always, you're quite helpful.


Starchief starts making his way to the exit of the DSM slowly (Speed: 4) when he realizes that he's floating instead of walking. Strange sensation indeed. He's drawn out of his thoughts on being a ghost by a familiar phrase.
Glass Exploding Lady wrote:she yells ”FREE SEERON!” and presses a button in her hand.

A smile lands on his face. Resist. They've still got it. If he's fast enough, Starchief will head out into the Hangar during the commotion and start floating up to get a better vantage point on a rooftop.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:15 am

Per: 1d100 = 85/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 76
EBA 145/220 N-20B force field 0/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 4/12 clips
[*]Cosmic Armor. 110.00 min. 471/800 MDC. Magical flight in atmo @ 1/2 Mach 1 (383 MPH). Magic and MD cold, heat/fire/plasma do 1/2 damage to Cosmic Armor. EBA with complete protection from negative effects of outer space (cold, radiation, lack of air, etc.) -5% to all Physical skills, -10% to highly technical skills that require a delicate touch.

"Thank God that worked.", Solaris mutters as the Tarlok decide to leave well enough alone and depart the ship. Once they're clear, Lisa declares, "You know, I ought to win a gold award for that display. Maybe a sphere or a little man - "

You have, at most, time to shout a warning before she lands, and reveals an explosive vest strapped to her torso! Before the Tarlok can do much more than turn and cry out, she yells ”FREE SEERON!” and presses a button in her hand.

Those of you wearing armor are glad for it, as the sudden cacophony of a massive explosion is reduced to manageable levels by your noise-dampening systems. In its place, you hear Datephus’ calm voice ”WARNING! ANTIMATTER EXPLOSION DETECTED- ACTIVATING DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS!”

Solaris instinctively raises her arm to shield herself and frowns as debris rains down.
Hell of a welcome.

Tapping her comm, she tersely relays to Andra, "'Chief, we're going to dump the cargo. Suicide bomber just hit the hangar. Everyone, be prepped to go in 30. We may have to fight our way out."
With that, Solaris moves to the cargo bay and lowers gravity there to make moving the cargo just a bit easier. And hopefully faster. This is taking too long. Maybe we should've used the Star Ghost. Carry the cargo in a space worthy container. Could've just phased away. Too late now. Dammit. I think I hate it here.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 26

Dodge vs Frenzied Lurduuks: 1d10+15 = 22

Icky finally allows himself a laugh once the Tarlok are off the ship. "Ha! Dat was as beautiful as Thraxus' dinner spread, Goldie. I only hate dat Meatball wasn't able to watch dat go down -- maybe ya can do it again fer him, Sorrey an' Chuckles later."

Goldie wrote:"Thank God that worked.", Solaris mutters as the Tarlok decide to leave well enough alone and depart the ship. Once they're clear, Lisa declares, "You know, I ought to win a gold award for that display. Maybe a sphere or a little man - "


He Who is Dark and Lordly wrote:You have, at most, time to shout a warning before she lands, and reveals an explosive vest strapped to her torso! Before the Tarlok can do much more than turn and cry out, she yells ”FREE SEERON!” and presses a button in her hand.

Those of you wearing armor are glad for it, as the sudden cacophony of a massive explosion is reduced to manageable levels by your noise-dampening systems. In its place, you hear Datephus’ calm voice ”WARNING! ANTIMATTER EXPLOSION DETECTED- ACTIVATING DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS!”


Icky notices the lady just before she goes kablooey. "FEETAL'S GIZZARDS!!!!!" he shouts as he stumbles back just a bit. "Guess dat means 'Plan A' just went straight inta da crapper..."

Then he realizes just how true that statement is once the livestock start freaking out. "Oi, watchit ya featherheads!!!!" he bellows as he ducks out of the way of a lurduuk's lightning bolt. "Lay off, willya? Dis ain't our fault already!"

Short Stuff wrote:"Guys, we need to get things under control, I don't speak Tarlok, but they don't sound happy and we have a large signal source headed for us. We have a minute, maybe two if I am doing my math right" Her voice is tightly controlled, all business, as if this was just another day, walking through a park on a sunny summer day.


Sorrey wrote:"I say we dump the Ducks. Just throw them out the ramp. I doubt my song and dance routine is working." Sorrenson pauses. "What's the plan, do we wait for more Tarlok to turn up or do we try to slip away in the confusion?" He looks up and says "Hey Datephus, Can you tell Starchief he's needed now! please."


Lurduuk Whisperer wrote:"I concur with Urqos Sorrenson," Juan replies. "I cannot imagine whatever is approaching is friendly, the lurduuks will slow them down. If anyone asks we were about to unload the ducks and make a sale to the guards when the blast occurred. "Help me move these crates off the ship before they break. Just throw them off the ramp."

Juan picks up the crates with the aid of whomever is available and then rolls them down the ramp of the Dime Store Magic onto the hangar. He watches as the crates waiting for the moment that the lurduuks to finally break free and fly away. His hand reaches for his grenade launcher in case anything might approach.


Goldie wrote:Tapping her comm, she tersely relays to Andra, "'Chief, we're going to dump the cargo. Suicide bomber just hit the hangar. Everyone, be prepped to go in 30. We may have to fight our way out."

With that, Solaris moves to the cargo bay and lowers gravity there to make moving the cargo just a bit easier. And hopefully faster.


Icky grunts and moves to help Juan and anyone else currently involved with de-lurduuking the ship. "Oi well, it was a good plan... right up until it wasn't." He steals a glance at the blow worm. "What about jumbo-haggis over 'ere? We chuckin' 'im too? An' I forget -- did we cook up a plan for once everythin' went wonky-jawed? Or frell, I'd even take one fer when we just hit dirtside..."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 am

<Rolls held>

Once it's determined that the Lurduuks need to be ejected, Sorrenson wastes no time and starts heaving the boxes out the ramp. "Angry Ligthening Duckies! Free to a good home! Only while stocks last!" He says, blasting it out of the speakers on his PA.
Solaris wrote:"Everyone, be prepped to go in 30. We may have to fight our way out."

Sorrenson pauses. Does she mean we're taking off, or are we legging it? "Hey Lisa, we gunna take off and bail like that, or are we gunna leave the ship?"

Chef Icky wrote:"Oi well, it was a good plan... right up until it wasn't." What about jumbo-haggis over 'ere? We chuckin' 'im too? An' I forget -- did we cook up a plan for once everythin' went wonky-jawed? Or frell, I'd even take one fer when we just hit dirtside..."

After flinging a pair of boxes towards the ramp Sorrenson nods. "Yep, it was a good plan. It isn't now though. To be fair, I certainly didn't predict an anti-matter bomb as part of a welcome ceremony. Regarding our current plan... I think we're just winging it at the moment." Sorrenson biffs another box out the door and looks at the Blow Worm. "We should probably throw this thing out too. Otherwise it'll just be a pain in the arse later."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:41 am

<Rolls carry>

Urqos Icky wrote:Icky grunts and moves to help Juan and anyone else currently involved with de-lurduuking the ship. "Oi well, it was a good plan... right up until it wasn't." He steals a glance at the blow worm. "What about jumbo-haggis over 'ere? We chuckin' 'im too? An' I forget -- did we cook up a plan for once everythin' went wonky-jawed? Or frell, I'd even take one fer when we just hit dirtside..."


Urqos Sorrenson wrote:After flinging a pair of boxes towards the ramp Sorrenson nods. "Yep, it was a good plan. It isn't now though. To be fair, I certainly didn't predict an anti-matter bomb as part of a welcome ceremony. Regarding our current plan... I think we're just winging it at the moment." Sorrenson biffs another box out the door and looks at the Blow Worm. "We should probably throw this thing out too. Otherwise it'll just be a pain in the arse later."


"Anti-matter bomb aside, this is still part of the plan," Juan replies. "If whatever is approaching is hostile we let loose the ducks of war. That should soften them up for us, or buy time for an escape. As for the blow worm, unleashing it now would be unwise. It might attack the lurduuks (or us) instead of the tarlok; best save it for later.

"By the way, Urqos Solaris, how are we getting out of here?" Juan asks on the comm.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dime Store Magic » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 am

About 10 minutes will have passed before a new Tarlok soldier approaches the ship.


StarChief floats serenely through the corridors of the Dime Store Magic, moving ever slowly upward, he misses Solaris' radio communication because of his phased state, but sees the chaos occurring in the cargo hold as Juan and Sorrenson deal with the Lurhduks. About 10' above the hull of the Dime Store Magic, iridescent sparkles of decaying exotic matter from the anti-matter blast move over an unseen wall and StarChief is stopped by the edge of the force field surrounding his ship. Groaning metal can be heard as the hanger's materials attempt and fail to handle the extreme amount of energy release just a few seconds ago. Through the holes in the hanger, he sees the approach of a large yellow and red vehicle. He immediately recognizes it as a Seerionian Fire Truck. It pulls up just out of sight and the sound of people and equipment being unloaded can be heard. Overhead dark hovering flying shapes of Tarlok hovercraft can be seen approaching as well.

Inside the Dime Store Magic, Juan and Sorrenson begin hefting the crates with the Lurhduuks and shoving them down the ramp. Solaris' confirms the plan with an order to continue and Icky joins in. The crates crackle with energy as the angry birds continue to struggle. Juan takes 10d6 = 36 M.D., Sorrenson takes 10d6 = 35 M.D., and Icky takes 10d6 = 32 M.D. from the continuous barrage of shocks as they handle each container (no way to dodge this). The first container pushed with superhuman strength slides down the ramp unimpeded thanks to Solaris' modification of the local gravity and stops a few feet from the edge of the ramp; so does the next few. It's only when they are about half way through that they see the containers begin bumping into the force field and the impact on the crates against each other plus the energy flung by the Lurduhks cracks them open. Two dozen honking pissed off ducks scatter beneath the landing struts of the Dime Store Magic. Flashes of lights can be seen.

Datephus's voice comes over the radio. "Minor damage to the outer hull is occurring."

The blow worm for it's part is begin to thrash, huge bulges appear on the outside of it's container as it beats againsts the walls. The container itself is beginning to rock back and forth from the violence contained with in.

Back outside, green foam begins falling into the hanger as the fire fighters outside quickly put out the secondary fires created. As the fires are put out the roar of hoverjets can be heard overhead. Eventually, a tentative (for a Tarlock), fully armored figure climbs over the rubble. From his vantage point, StarChief recognizes that this must be a young Tarlock. Even though the Tarlock's face is covered in a full helmet, a bit of awe can be discerned as it looks at the lack of damage on the Dime Store Magic and the sound and sight of small winged birds fluttering underneath crackling with electricity.

The Tarlock keeps his distance and shouts, "I am Lokdog Faulg, visitors are you unharmed?"

If some of you go out to meet him (dodge the birds!), he actually starts with an apology, "Greetings, honored guests, it is unfortunate that you had to witness the acts of a few individuals who do not welcome the assistance of the Tarlok. These religious zealots have become much bolder in recent days attempting to disrupt the peaceful trade between the Charlizon system and the greater galaxy." He looks at the Tarlok-shaped shadows burnt into the pavement and adds, "The commander had transmitted only a partial message indicating that you had cleared customs, but not the reason for your visit."


OOC Comments
The Star Ghost is really a crappy cargo ship. Almost all it's internal space is taken up by the phase tech that gives it it's special abilities.
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 89/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 81

Aoife's New Project wrote:Datephus's voice comes over the radio. "Minor damage to the outer hull is occurring."


Does it think? Why is there never an A.I. around when you want one? "Yes computer, that would be the Lurduks escaping from their containers. I'm sure we can get them rounded up before they do more than scratch the paint. Do you have any translation programs for the Tarlok language, that would be something that is useful right now." If he answers yes, Aoife will patch him into the tarlok feeds she has hacked.

Our New Sucker wrote:The Tarlock keeps his distance and shouts, "I am Lokdog Faulg, visitors are you unharmed?"

If some of you go out to meet him (dodge the birds!), he actually starts with an apology, "Greetings, honored guests, it is unfortunate that you had to witness the acts of a few individuals who do not welcome the assistance of the Tarlok. These religious zealots have become much bolder in recent days attempting to disrupt the peaceful trade between the Charlizon system and the greater galaxy." He looks at the Tarlok-shaped shadows burnt into the pavement and adds, "The commander had transmitted only a partial message indicating that you had cleared customs, but not the reason for your visit."


Aoife see's the tarlok, and hearing him shout his greeting, decides to go meet him before something else bad happens. She dodges around the lurduks as necessary, and gets to where she can comfortably talk to the Lokdog. "We are unharmed. Bit more excitement than we expected, but nothing our shields could not handle." This guy is the first of them wearing armor I have seen, and he is no where near as rude or belligerent as the others. I think he must be their version of an FNG. Here goes nothing. "Yeah, he said he had cleared us. We are traders, although our cargo is running a little lose at the moment. Let me see if the captain can come fill you in a little better." Aoife flashes him a winning smile, keeping her posture relaxed and looking as trustworthy and charming as she can under the circumstances.

She subvocalizes into her comm's "Guys, we may have just hit the lottery. I think the guy they sent to check on us is new. I told him we were traders, but boss, you want to come and sweet talk him? That really isn't my thing, at least not with something that ugly. And are going to have a bird shoot or do we have spare cages for the birds?"

OOC Comments
Computer Operation 1d100 = 93/69% (keeping the tarlok comms hacked)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 3/69% (to loop Datephus into the feeds if he can translate the Tarlok language)
Dodge 1d20+13 = 18
Dodge 1d20+13 = 16
Trust 1d100 = 17/75%
Charm 1d100 = 63/50%
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:23 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 32
OOC Comments
PPE: 134/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 65/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5


Sorrenson breaths a sigh of relief when fire fighters turn up rather than actual fighters. Good. This is a good thing. Our cover may hold up yet.
Aoife wrote:"And are going to have a bird shoot or do we have spare cages for the birds?"

"We round up as many as we can. Gotta try and salvage some... profitability quotient? This will eat into our... upflow side margins and we'll have to run up the... overheads to optimize our expenses?" Even though he doesn't sound very sure of himself, he broadcasts over the team channel and relays through his armor's PA system. He doesn't care if he's making sense, it's mainly for the benefit of any Tarlok who may be listening in. That should do it, throw in a bit of business lingo and that'll fool 'em. Sorrenson then turns his attention to trying to catch some Lurduuk. He thinks about the Magic Net enchant on Jalus' rod to catch some. Then something occurs to him. "Uh guys, so if we catch these guys, we do we put em? Most of the cages are all busted."

His audio sensors alert him to the noise the Blow Worm is making. "Can we sedate Mr. Big 'ol Wormy again?" he asks while waving an arm in it's general direction.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 66
JiC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 47
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 8

Effects
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 64/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Relevant abilities
Charm (80%) - 1d100 = 44 Success
Medical:Animal Husbandry (40%) - 1d100 = 83 Failure
Trap Animals (55%) - 1d100 = 100 Critical failure
Dodge rolls
1. 1d20+7 = 8
2. 1d20+7 = 26
3. 1d20+7 = 23
4. 1d20+7 = 19
5. 1d20+7 = 8

Juan watches the lurduuks break free of their crates and swarm around the ship; he puts his grenade launcher back in its holster. If whatever is approaching is a foe, the ducks will serve their purpose.

However, what does arrive is oddly friendly, which was not Juan expected. He sighs, things would have been simpler if they had been hostile. Now he has to capture the ducks again. As Aoife starts to talk to the tarlok, Juan turns back to the cargo bay and looks at Solaris and Sorrenson.

Urqos Aoife wrote:"And are going to have a bird shoot or do we have spare cages for the birds?"

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"We round up as many as we can. Gotta try and salvage some... profitability quotient? This will eat into our... upflow side margins and we'll have to run up the... overheads to optimize our expenses?"

"Let's see if we can get the tarlok to help. They might even have an insulated crate we can trade for. And if we play the hapless trader roll just right we might even be able to ply some intel. The other option would be to drop the armor, and fly out to leave the tarlok to deal with the lurduuks."

Juan steps back on to the ship's ramp and waves at the tarlok. If the lurduuks take a zap at Juan, he will make his best efforts to dodge them (Dodge rolls). "Greetings Urqos Lokdog. I am the Wandering God, and I bring exotic and dangerous animals for game and food for the far reaches of the Three Galaxies! (Charm)

"One of your comrades was interested in the lightening ducks that we are carrying, and asked about purchasing a few for himself. We were in the process of unloading them when the blast occurred. If you would generous enough to help us capture our ducks and corral them into some sort of shipping container, insulated would be ideal, then we might be able to offer you a few for a good deal. If you do not want a live duck, our chef is a high priest to the God of Wine and Merriment, and it would be his sacred duty to cook the most decadent of meals."

Juan waits for Lokdog Faulg to respond and then goes back to the ship to check with the others. "That might buy us some time." He looks at the blow worm rolling against its restraints.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Can we sedate Mr. Big 'ol Wormy again?" he asks while waving an arm in it's general direction."

"No need. It only moves when threatened or hungry. If we leave it alone it will eventually settle down. If it gets really cranky we can feed it a duck... or a tarlok."

If the tarlok agree to help, Juan will ask Solaris to lower the ship's armor so the tarlok can aide with capturing the lurduuks. Juan uses his skills to corral the birds and put them in any enclosure available (Animal husbandry). It does not go well (Trap animals). The Armor of Ithan absorbs the ducks anger, and if Juan needs to he will reactivate it.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:46 am

Per: 1d100 = 99/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: [/dice]1d20[/dice]/[/dice]1d100[/dice]

Oh great, more of these guys. Facework isn't my usual gig. Goddamn you, Andra.
"I am Lokdog Faulg, visitors are you unharmed?"

With her helmet's faceplate flipped up, Lisa exclaims, "Oh my God!"
Trying to sound emotional, she continues, "Wh-why? What happened? We were just unloading cargo and...and..."
She puts her hand to her mouth, playing the part of a stunned merchant.
Then, seeming to notice the escaping birds, she asks sweetly, "I hate to impose, but could you perhaps help us round up these birds?"
((Trust/Intimidate 1d100 = 32/40% +10% vs military personnel; pass))

"We round up as many as we can. Gotta try and salvage some... profitability quotient? This will eat into our... upflow side margins and we'll have to run up the... overheads to optimize our expenses?"

"Right, if we don't have capital, it will eliminate our accruals and cause our liability to increase, thus impacting our profit-loss quotient."

If the tarlok agree to help, Juan will ask Solaris to lower the ship's armor so the tarlok can aide with capturing the lurduuks.

"Datapheus, please lower the shields.", she requests with a nod.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 am

<Rolls held>

Sorrenson watches Lisa play the trader in distress card. Good call. Your average trader would freak-the-funk out if a bomb went off minutes after landing. He turns and watches Juan make an absolute mess of rounding up the ducks. He can't help but laugh. "Oi, Pinkskin! What are you trying to do? That's not gunna work!" Hmmm, then what will work? Sorrenson sighs when he has an idea. It's an okay idea, as far as rounding up ducks go, but it means that he needs to converse with the rather uptight Am' of Understanding. It didn't go well the last time they spoke.

he reaches out to the amulet telepathically. Ahem, Mr. Amulet of Understanding. May I trouble you for some assistance? We have a situation out here whereby our living cargo has escaped their cages. I thought perhaps we could ask for the aid of the drones in order to get the situation back under control. Sorrenson senses that the Am's attention turns towards the lurduuks flying around the ship.He then senses that the Am' is... thinking, or more correctly he gets the sense that it is calculating. The Am' replies. Mr Sorreson. I appreciate your change in tone. I thank you. I will assist. This actually presents a rather interesting problem-solving scenario. A mundane one to be sure, but the number of variables makes it somewhat interesting. What did you have in mind? Sorrenson replies with a mental image. Something like this perhaps?
OOC Comments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0hElDPVhQE

The Am' is silent for several seconds. I see. That may work. Or it may not. No matter, we shall try.

The pair of them them try to use the drones to round up the ducks, so they are close enough for Sorrenson to shoot Magic Nets at little groups of them. Hopefully this should help get the situation back under control.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 26/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 55

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC (darn ducks)
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:After flinging a pair of boxes towards the ramp Sorrenson nods. "Yep, it was a good plan. It isn't now though. To be fair, I certainly didn't predict an anti-matter bomb as part of a welcome ceremony. Regarding our current plan... I think we're just winging it at the moment." Sorrenson biffs another box out the door and looks at the Blow Worm. "We should probably throw this thing out too. Otherwise it'll just be a pain in the arse later."


“Whaddya mean, ya didn’t plan on an anti-matter bomb?” Icky snorts. “An’ ya call yerself a professional…” he adds with a grin. “Gonna give ya full marks on da pun, though. Ya might say I got a real charge outta dat one.”

Juan Echo wrote:"Anti-matter bomb aside, this is still part of the plan," Juan replies. "If whatever is approaching is hostile we let loose the ducks of war. That should soften them up for us, or buy time for an escape. As for the blow worm, unleashing it now would be unwise. It might attack the lurduuks instead of the tarlok; best save it for later.

"By the way, Urqos Solaris, how are we getting out of here?" Juan asks on the comm.


“Whatever ya say, Chuckles -- yer da duck whisperer ‘round ‘ere…” Icky shrugs as he starts manhandling the crates. As the lighting bolts singe his armor, though, he begins regretting Juan’s choices in ‘cover story props.’ “Ow! Geez! Oi vey! Lay off wit’ da zappy stuff already willya! I already told ya, did ain’t our fault! I swear ta Dionysus, if ya don’t calm yer bits I’m gonna make fraggin’ lurduuk pâté out o’ da lot o’ ya…”

Yep, next time I choose the cover story. Tribble farmers I think. Nice, furry, friendly, non-electrocuting tribbles.

Datephus wrote:"Minor damage to the outer hull is occurring."


“Oi yah, join da club pal…” Icky says as he brushes some carbon scoring off his armor – his spare suit of what was shiny new undamaged armor. “Are ya sayin’ ya wanna be duck-proofed ‘fore our next job?”

When the Tarlok arrives, Icky gives him a brief nod and once again lets Aoife/Solaris do the talking… while doing his best to hide a chuckle as Goldie progresses in her newfound calling as an actress.

Heh, ol’ Shadowmane would have loved this… he thinks to himself. This would have made a great part of that holovid series idea he was working on.

Juan Echo wrote:"One of your comrades was interested in the lightening ducks that we are carrying, and asked about purchasing a few for himself. We were in the process of unloading them when the blast occurred. If you would generous enough to help us capture our ducks and corral them into some sort of shipping container, insulated would be ideal, then we might be able to offer you a few for a good deal. If you do not want a live duck, our chef is a high priest to the God of Wine and Merriment, and it would be his sacred duty to cook the most decadent of meals."


Icky bows slightly at the mention. High Priest Icky. That's got a nice ring to it, actually. "Oi, 'e's right. I got me dis recipe fer lurduuk pâté dat'd make Dionysus' mouth water -- an' wit' as much trouble as dese featherheads 'ave been on dis run, I'd enjoy da frag outta makin' some right now..." he remarks with an all-too-sincere grin.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 72/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 33

Forcefield. Damn. From his vantage point up high, he sees what there is to see. Fire truck. They're still as efficient as ever. Murderous bastards. Alright, the DSM is clear of visitors for now. Let's head back to reality. Starchief floats back down to ground level, makes sure he's in the clear and cancels the effect from Champion, bringing him back into 3D space. He sheathes Champion behind his back and keys his mic to the Galactic Adventurers secure channel. "Captain speaking. I'm back onboard. Fire truck is on its way. With our initial inspection secure, I'll be joining you as Meatball, the ship's security officer. Visor sealed due to incompatible atmospheric biology. We're in. Let's get the hell out of this hangar." Turning his mic off, he makes sure he's ready to head out and then meets the others in their interaction with the Lokdog, hanging back and letting Solaris run the show. I could take this one out right now blame the Freedom Fighters...
Keep your cool, Andra. You've just begun your mission here and you're already getting off track? Focus, boy!
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:03 am

The pandemonium caused by the suicide bomber is exacerbated when, in a frantic attempt to clear the cargo bay, a number of crates rupture and the Lurduuks inside of them burst out of their confinement. Compounding the situation is the arrival of Tarlok reinforcements, including a cleanup and damage control crew. While the latter makes modest progress in containing the damage outside the ship, a young Tarlok commander approaches the ship’s force field and is surprisingly non-hostile. Several of you seize the opportunity to turn the unwitting enemy into a temporary asset.

Aoife happens to be standing closest to the exit at the time, and thus by default is the first to greet the Tarlok. She quickly begs off any potential need for service as the team diplomat, and concentrates on maintaining her link with the Tarlok communications system (surreptitiously, of course).
Aoife wrote:"Yes computer, that would be the Lurduuks escaping from their containers. I'm sure we can get them rounded up before they do more than scratch the paint. Do you have any translation programs for the Tarlok language, that would be something that is useful right now."
”NEGATIVE. LANGUAGE FILE DESIGNATE: TARLOK NOT FOUND.” While everyone else is busy with either the Tarlok or the Lurduuks, Starchief takes the opportunity to return to normal space, make a brief sitrep based on his scouting, and lets the team know that he’ll be passing himself off as a very alien security officer until they are free and clear of the Tarlok.

In her capacity as acting captain, Solaris approaches the Tarlok and plays the trader in distress. At her side, Juan plays the gregarious Wandering God, and the two of them offer the Tarlok a deal- help round up the Lurduuks, maybe even provide a container in which to house them, and the team will part with a few of the animals in exchange. Or even a gourmet meal prepared by Icky, to which the minotaur agrees (and Starchief winces). The Tarlok commander pauses for a moment, contemplates the offer while looking at the Lurduuks expectantly, then says ”I’m not handling strange alien beasts, but I will provide you with a storage container from our starport. In exchange, I take three. Can’t have a meal on duty, but if the meat is as good as you say it will be well worth it.” Assuming those terms are acceptable, the Tarlok scurries off to find an appropriate container. Datephus promptly complies with Solaris’ order to lower the ship’s shields.

Sorrenson also recognizes the need to round up the escaped Lurduuks as the immediate priority, and after a moment’s hesitation and wondering out loud how best to accomplish that goal, is inspired to try his new toy. Communing with his amulet, he directs several of his drones to help Juan round up the Lurduuks. Thanks to the fact that he was feeding them during their brief stay on the ship, Juan is able to shoo a few of the animals back into the cargo bay. Sorrenson is able to delicately direct his drones to gather in the bulk of the escaped Lurduuks with only minimal protestations ((-1d6 = 5 MDC from each drone)); once they are all lined up, he is able to contain all of them in a single magic net ((deduct energies as appropriate Sorrenson)). Juan separates out three of the creatures for the trade, but in the process of killing them trips, lands on two of them, and gets a rude barrage of lightning for his troubles ((-9d6 = 29 MDC Juan)) before he is able to turn the three critters into corpses. Fortunately, the remaining Lurduuks are communal creatures, and don’t seem to mind being stuck in close proximity to one another within the net. Unfortunately, Sorrenson’s magic nets are a little unusual- not only are they sickly green in color but mere moments after they are deployed the entire cargo bay smells like rotten corpses. Those of you sealed inside environmental body armor don’t notice- unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the blow worm.

The smell wakes up the blow worm from its torpor, and it immediately decides to do what it does best- hunt for food. With a bellow, it tries to stretch to its full length only to find itself confined by a cage. It bellows again and begins crashing against its confinement- in the direction of the netted Lurduuks. You quickly realize that, even with its reduced size and substantial wounds, it won’t take the blow worm long to break free. At the same time, the Tarlok Lokdog returns bearing a large, insulated container- and freezes at the edge of the hangar when he sees the commotion around the blow worm. It’s pretty clear he won’t approach the ship until that situation is stabilized.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 27
JiC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 26
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 5
Effects
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Relevant abilities
Medical:Animal Husbandry (40%) - 1d100 = 86 Failure
Trap Animals (55%) - 1d100 = 21 Success
Psionics (Healing): Induce Sleep - 4 I.S.P.

The Wanderer follows Solaris' lead in playing the role of beleaguered traders. The act isn't that far from the truth, as the lurduuk's flap around the ship.
Urqos Lokdog wrote:”I’m not handling strange alien beasts, but I will provide you with a storage container from our starport. In exchange, I take three. Can’t have a meal on duty, but if the meat is as good as you say it will be well worth it.”

Juan attempts to negotiate down the price of the container. "Urqos Lokdog, I do not think you understand the worth of a lurduuk. The meat of a young adult male such as these, when braised in an iodized solution, will cause a tingling sensation on your palate. One such animal will fetch a price of 20,000 UTC on the market alive. Two would be a generous offering." If the tarlok insists on three Juan will not press the point.

Dark Lord wrote:Juan separates out three of the creatures for the trade, but in the process of killing them trips, lands on two of them, and gets a rude barrage of lightning for his troubles before he is able to turn the three critters into corpses.
Earlier, Urqos Icky wrote:“Whatever ya say, Chuckles -- yer da duck whisperer ‘round ‘ere…”

Having finally slaughtered the ducks, Juan turns to Icky with a stern look on his face. "I'll have you know I'm not a God of Shepherds, that would be my brother Lo. He has a much better report with animals."

La is really the one that knows how to tame a wild animal. They call her the Gelder her for a reason.

Dark Lord wrote:The smell wakes up the blow worm from its torpor, and it immediately decides to do what it does best- hunt for food. With a bellow, it tries to stretch to its full length only to find itself confined by a cage. It bellows again and begins crashing against its confinement- in the direction of the netted Lurduuks.

Juan groans; this just keeps getting worse and worse. He almost regrets his choice in cover animals. Almost? But he is the God of Travelers, and urqos pray to him when they are in situations worse than this. He straightens up and looks at the Dime Store Magic.

"Urqos Sorrenson, I trust you can handle the ducks, I am not having any luck with the beasts anyway. I will deal with worm. Urqos Solaris, could you please back me up? If I cannot clam it down, will you hold it with your gravitational powers?"

Juan then runs into the cargo bay and attempts to sooth the blow worm as best he can (Animal Husbandry). That proves to be useless since it is impossible to calm an animal that seems to rely on its sense of smell and is trapped in a container. So of course the worm continues to thrash about and Juan will then reinforce its container with whatever he can find. If he really needs to he can go to his cabin and grab his tether cable to tie the animal down to the ships floor (Trap Animals). As a last ditch effort he will try to put the worm to sleep (Psionics).
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:00 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15 / 1d100 = 25
OOC Comments
PPE: 127/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 65/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Juan Echo wrote:"Urqos Sorrenson, I trust you can handle the ducks, I am not having any luck with the beasts anyway. I will deal with worm."

Sorrenson nods. "Righto, I'll sort out the duckies." He then sighs as he sees the Tarlok avoid coming any closer to the because of the Blow Worm. Such Brave! Such Warrior! Ah, easy there dude. You can't blame that guy for being wary of a bloody Blow Worm of all things. "Hey! you there, pass over that container. I'll need it to put the duckies away." He walks his PA over to get the box. "Thanks" he says as he takes it from the grunt. Turning towards the ducks he pauses. Um, how do I get hem out of the net and into here? I think that net will just stick to whatever I use to move it. Eventually he decides to put the container on its side and, once again, use the drones to shepard the ducks into the box. In theory, it should be easier than getting all stuck in a stinky Magic Net.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:59 am

Perception: 1d100 = 53/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 62

Datephus wrote:”NEGATIVE. LANGUAGE FILE DESIGNATE: TARLOK NOT FOUND.”


Well this thing is of no use. It doesn't seem to be able to think for itself. "Well computer, do you at least have linguistic processing capability? If so, can you start running the Tarlok language through it so we can kit bash a working language file? I know you aren't an A.I. but please prove useful" Aoife makes sure she is still sending the data through to Datephus, and as best as she can, trying to keep the hack into the Tarlok's signals going.

Solaris wrote:With her helmet's faceplate flipped up, Lisa exclaims, "Oh my God!"
Trying to sound emotional, she continues, "Wh-why? What happened? We were just unloading cargo and...and..."
She puts her hand to her mouth, playing the part of a stunned merchant.
Then, seeming to notice the escaping birds, she asks sweetly, "I hate to impose, but could you perhaps help us round up these birds?"


Aoife listens quietly to Solaris' act, trying to keep a smile off her face. Damn, the boss could be an actress. She's got talent. Not bad in the looks department either.

Starchief wrote:"Captain speaking. I'm back onboard. Fire truck is on its way. With our initial inspection secure, I'll be joining you as Meatball, the ship's security officer. Visor sealed due to incompatible atmospheric biology. We're in. Let's get the hell out of this hangar."


Oh, he's back onboard? What the...did he somehow leave the ship? I thought he was in the Armory "Welcome back Captain. Uh, didn't know you were gone really."

With the lurduks and the blow worm acting up, Aoife isn't sure who to help to get this mess under control. "Hey guys, if you need help, let me know what I can do. Animals aren't what I got hired for if you know what I'm saying. But I'm glad to lend a hand." This is why I don't keep pets. Always making a ruckus at the most inopportune times. Oh well, time to help clean this up and get things back on track.

If Juan or Sorrenson indicates that she can help, Aoife does whatever she can to help, following their more 'expert' direction.
If they don't need help, Aoife will help the Lokdog with the insulated storage container, mostly to keep an eye on him and the other Tarlok.

Skills
Computer Operation 1d100 = 36/69% (keeping the Tarlok comms hacked)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 98/69% (keeping Datephus in the feeds to the Tarlok comminications)[/dice]
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:50 am

Per: 1d100 = 61/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 8

The Tarlok commander pauses for a moment, contemplates the offer while looking at the Lurduuks expectantly, then says ”I’m not handling strange alien beasts, but I will provide you with a storage container from our starport. In exchange, I take three. Can’t have a meal on duty, but if the meat is as good as you say it will be well worth it.”

Still acting shell-shocked, Solaris agrees to the exchange.
"Th-three Lurdurks...oh, of course, of course."
At least that's three less bodies to worry about.

"Urqos Sorrenson, I trust you can handle the ducks, I am not having any luck with the beasts anyway. I will deal with worm. Urqos Solaris, could you please back me up? If I cannot clam it down, will you hold it with your gravitational powers?"

Subtly vocalizing into her headjack, Solaris answers, "Yea, we need to lock that worm down pronto. I might just end up pissing it off, though."

Being extra polite in front of the Tarlok commander, Solaris asks Icky and Aoife, "Could you two please assist Sorrenson? I'm certain he'd appreciate the aid. I need...we need to take care of the blow worm before it becomes a problem."
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:15 pm

<Rolls carry>

Urqos Starchief wrote:"Captain speaking. I'm back on board. Fire truck is on its way. With our initial inspection secure, I'll be joining you as Meatball, the ship's security officer. Visor sealed due to incompatible atmospheric biology. We're in. Let's get the hell out of this hangar."

Juan has his back turned to the tarlok when he hears Starchief chime in on his comm. He replies in a calm whisper as he looks back at the worm rolling in its container. "Urqos Meatball, good name. Lo had a lieutenant named Urqos Meatball. Wait, it was Urqos Meat Shield. Great warrior. I remember he died defending a mining colony on an asteroid belt while his platoon retreated."

I thought he died detonating a star cruiser in the middle of an enemy armada.

"No, that's not right, he died storming a harvester in orbit around a gas giant."

No way, Urqos Meat Shield was the first person to die on that suicidal invasion of the solar orbital station.

"Or was he the one that bit it by directly charging at a deity from Yaya?" Juan thinks about it, and after a moment he comes to a realization. "You know, I think there was more than one Meat Shield, and they all seemed to have heroically sacrificed themselves in combat. An auspicious cover name nonetheless."

Shortly after that the blow worm gets startled by the smell of Sorrenson's nets and starts to break out of its pen. Juan runs back to the ship asking for Solaris' help.

Urqos Solairs wrote:"Yea, we need to lock that worm down pronto. I might just end up pissing it off, though."

Inside the cargo bay Juan says to Solaris, "If I cannot calm it down and reinforce its container, I will try to put it to sleep. If that fails you're gravitational powers should be hold it until it calms down. This creature is nothing compared to a demon horde. Just use your powers to swaddle it like an ill-tempered child. Except we are less concerned if it lives or dies at the end of the day."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:01 pm

<rolls held>

Solaris wrote:Being extra polite in front of the Tarlok commander, Solaris asks Icky and Aoife, "Could you two please assist Sorrenson? I'm certain he'd appreciate the aid. I need...we need to take care of the blow worm before it becomes a problem."


Well, some orders finally. Things work so much better when someone is in charge. "Sure thing boss, I'm on it. Good luck with that worm, it sounds pissed." she says with a grin. It's almost like she is trying to keep from laughing out loud at Solaris' acting. Aoife heads over to where Sorrenson and the lurduks are, slinging her particle rifle as she does so. "Hey, so the boss said to come help, what can I do to help get these critters under control and stowed away safely?" And hopefully without frying my armor, not like I have a spare suit right now. Ah well. Dirty job but someone's got to do it. Aoife looks towards Sorrenson for some guidance on what he needs right now to contain the lurduks.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 am

<rolls held>
Aoife wrote:"Hey, so the boss said to come help, what can I do to help get these critters under control and stowed away safely?"

Sorrenson gives Aoife a thumbs up. "Nice one. You stand over there and if the zappies waddle your way, wave your arms and try to get them to go back towards the box." Sorrenson gets an idea. Oh! The grump one is dead, but maybe I can get these Tarlok to do the chicken dance. He calls out to the Tarlok watching, especially the one Juan gave the dead birds to. "Hey, you guys can you help me out? We need to keep the lurduuks calm, really calm. I know how to do it, but need your help. Can you flap you arms like this?" The Drudges hands are placed up into it's arm pits and the arms start to slowly flap. "Do this. Slow and calm, graceful even. come on, I don't want these beasts to freak out again!" The PA then begins to slowly strut around, like a chicken searching for food. "Move like this!" Come on... you know you want to
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Next

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests