[GA] Back in the Saddle

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:06 am

<rolls held>

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson gives Aoife a thumbs up. "Nice one. You stand over there and if the zappies waddle your way, wave your arms and try to get them to go back towards the box." Sorrenson gets an idea. Oh! The grump one is dead, but maybe I can get these Tarlok to do the chicken dance. He calls out to the Tarlok watching, especially the one Juan gave the dead birds to. "Hey, you guys can you help me out? We need to keep the lurduuks calm, really calm. I know how to do it, but need your help. Can you flap you arms like this?" The Drudges hands are placed up into it's arm pits and the arms start to slowly flap. "Do this. Slow and calm, graceful even. come on, I don't want these beasts to freak out again!" The PA then begins to slowly strut around, like a chicken searching for food. "Move like this!" Come on... you know you want to


Aoife heads towards were Sorrenson indicated, keeping an eye on the lurduuks and any Tarlok near her. She listens to what Sorrenson is telling the Tarlok with some interest. What does that have to do with...oh stars above, he is pranking them. HAH. That sounds like some fun, I want in on this action. While keeping an eye on the lurduuks in case she needs to herd some, she folds her arms, and begins to do the chicken dance with Sorrenson. She looks towards the Lokdog, "See, it is easy, and it will help us get this cleared up in no time" she says in her most trustworthy voice.

She subvocalizes into her comms "Any tapes of this better stay among the crew. And it was Sorrenson's idea."

Rolls
Trust/Intimidate 1d100 = 15/75% Pass
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:26 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 94/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 34

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC (again, darn ducks)
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC


Juan Echo wrote:Juan turns to Icky with a stern look on his face. "I'll have you know I'm not a God of Shepherds, that would be my brother Lo. He has a much better report with animals."


“Oi yah? But yer brother ain’t ‘ere is ‘e?” Icky snorts. “Naw, I reckon we got da god o’ da teetotalers instead…” he adds with a smirk. “Don’t matter regardless. Right now yer da god o’ da livestock by fraggin’ default.”

Just as he starts wondering where Starchief has gotten himself off to his unspoken questions are answered over his commlink…

Starchief wrote:"Captain speaking. I'm back onboard. Fire truck is on its way. With our initial inspection secure, I'll be joining you as Meatball, the ship's security officer. Visor sealed due to incompatible atmospheric biology. We're in. Let's get the hell out of this hangar."


In spite of himself Icky chuckles out loud. Some days the story just writes itself. Take that, Silvermane... Not able to resist he keys his suit’s mic. “About fraggin’ time ya woke up, Meatball! I swear ta big D, I dunno why da captain even keeps ya around…”

Solaris wrote:Being extra polite in front of the Tarlok commander, Solaris asks Icky and Aoife, "Could you two please assist Sorrenson? I'm certain he'd appreciate the aid. I need...we need to take care of the blow worm before it becomes a problem."


Icky nods as he follows Aoife over to where Sorrenson’s trying to duck wrangle. “Roger dat, cap’n…”

Sorrenson wrote:
Aoife wrote:"Hey, so the boss said to come help, what can I do to help get these critters under control and stowed away safely?"

Sorrenson gives Aoife a thumbs up. "Nice one. You stand over there and if the zappies waddle your way, wave your arms and try to get them to go back towards the box." Sorrenson gets an idea. Oh! The grump one is dead, but maybe I can get these Tarlok to do the chicken dance. He calls out to the Tarlok watching, especially the one Juan gave the dead birds to. "Hey, you guys can you help me out? We need to keep the lurduuks calm, really calm. I know how to do it, but need your help. Can you flap you arms like this?" The Drudges hands are placed up into it's arm pits and the arms start to slowly flap. "Do this. Slow and calm, graceful even. come on, I don't want these beasts to freak out again!" The PA then begins to slowly strut around, like a chicken searching for food. "Move like this!" Come on... you know you want to


Of all the hairbrained lug-stupid… Icky grumbles until he gets a good look at who Sorrenson’s talking to. Well, why not? It’s not the craziest thing I’ve witnessed today. If the Tarlok looks his way he’ll simply shrug. “Oi yah, I know it sounds screwball… but ‘ow ya reckon we got ‘em in da cages in da first place?”

If Sorrenson asks him to play goalie like he did Aoife, he’ll switch on his force field to avoid more damage to his armor and do his best to shoo them into the large container.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:03 am

With Starchief back in normal space, but keeping his distance while there are still Tarlok near the ship, it falls to Solaris and the rest of the team to pacify the crowd of animals before the ship (or your chances of actually leaving the hangar) takes any serious damage.

Juan and Solaris negotiate with the Tarlok for a new cargo container. Juan initially tries haggling with the guard but Solaris (still playing the shell-shocked trader) ignores him and agrees to the deal- three lurduuks in exchange for one container large enough to hold the remainder of the escapees. While the Tarlok officer runs to fulfill his end of the bargain, they turn their attention to the less quiescent blow worm. Solaris directs the other three present to wrangle the lurduuks.

Solaris initially stabilizes the situation somewhat, by using her gravity powers to lock the blow worm down. Juan, as de facto animal supervisor, initially tries calming the beast through mundane means. His efforts, if anything, only seem to antagonize the beast further as it struggles against the heavy gravity field. Without any sufficiently sturdy materials at hand to construct a trap for the worm, Juan reaches out with his mind and tries to lull the beast to sleep. It initially resists but, as the others remove the lurduuks (and the apparently tantalizing rotting meat smell) the blow worm eventually calms down and returns to sleep ((-8 ISP Juan)).

While Juan and Solaris deal with the worm, the Tarlok returns with a large cargo container (complete with air holes- perhaps living cargo is not so unknown at this spaceport). Once the worm has been subdued, the Tarlok cautiously approaches the loading ramp and sets the container down at its end. Sorrenson, Icky, and Aoife all work together to gingerly maneuver the net-full of lurduuks towards it. Some of the lurduuks respond to the movement with alarm, generating electric fields around themselves (herd instinct be damned). Fortunately, these fields are of much lower intensity than the lightning bolts, and your armor proves effective against them (no damage).

Sorrenson takes the opportunity to have a little fun, and tries to convince the Tarlok that a special “chicken dance” is necessary to pacify the lurduuks. The guard looks skeptical at first, but as Aoife smirks to herself and joins in the ruse he wavers. Icky joins in the fun, and perhaps by coincidence the lurduuks choose that moment to calm down a little. Reluctantly (perhaps even abashedly, though it’s hard to tell on such alien features), the Tarlok begins hopping back and forth in a crude imitation of Sorrenson’s made-up dance. Trying to keep your smirks to yourselves, you successfully drag your catch to its new home and dump lurduuks into it net and all. Once the net dissolves (or is dispelled), you fish out the three lurduuks that represent the Tarlok’s payment. Three quick neck-wrings later, and the Tarlok is trotting off with three lurduuk corpses, ready for dinner.

You all breathe a collective sigh of relief. The animals are settled back in the cargo bay, the Tarlok have let you through while being none the wiser about Starchief, and you are free to enter the city. Aoife, following up on her hack of the Tarlok communications net has a brief (and perhaps mildly testy) exchange with Datephus.

Aoife wrote:"Well computer, do you at least have linguistic processing capability? If so, can you start running the Tarlok language through it so we can kit bash a working language file? I know you aren't an A.I. but please prove useful"
”CLARIFICATION: MY DESIGNATION IS DATEPHUS, NOT ‘COMPUTER.’ I DO NOT POSSESS THE REQUISITE SKILLS FOR THE TASK OUTLINED.”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:28 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 73
JiC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 100
Initiative: 1d20+1 = 13

Effects
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

With the luruuks secured and the blow worm docile for the moment, Juan politely thanks the second group of tarlok. "We thank you for this crate. Barring another anti-matter bomb, it shall serve as an adequate home until we can sell our stock.

"I'm sure you will enjoy the duck meat prepared a variety of ways. I might recommend cutting the liver into medallions and searing it using a copper coil and a battery set to 100V. One jolt to each side will produce foie gras with a perfect crust with a buttery center. Normally we sell these animals alive to be hunted for sport. If you would like, we can arrange a hunt for your platoon when you are off duty. You can shoot several lurduuks and afterwards we will serve them to you as a feast. Or if you want something more dangerous, the blow worm is far more fearsome than it first seems. Either would be once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a reasonable price."

Once they are out of sight, Juan will turn to Sorrenson and say, "Please tell me you have video of the tarlok dancing."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:30 am

Perception: 1d100 = 44
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 70
OOC Comments
PPE: 127/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 65/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Sorrenson giggles with glee inside his cockpit, after making sure his mic is muted. It worked! Ha ha! It worked! Oh man, these guys trying to dance is freaking priceless! Ah good times... Now all I need to get a little clips of this spliced up... He re-watches the footage of the 'event' captured by his own drone. He zooms in and crops the dance of one Tarlok in particular. He watched it on repeats a few times and bursts out laughing. "Ha Ha ha hahahaha! Oh shite! That's comedy gold." Almost a perfect loop as well... Not bad!

After enjoying the moment for a little bit Sorrenson makes sure that Lurduuks are squared away. He turns towards the Tarlok with a duck-like waddle and flaps his arms again. Taking a second to drop an trace of humor from his voice he thanks them. "Thank you! Your 'Dumpster Chicken' moves are powerful! The Lurduuks calmed down as soon as you joined in! Bravo! I feel you guys have a gift in that way. You should dance more often!" He then waves them on their way, very satisfied with himself.

Juan Echo wrote:"Please tell me you have video of the tarlok dancing."

Sorrenson simply nods and sends out the short looped clip of the Tarlok doing the Dumpster Chicken Dance to the rest of the team. In his best sleazy radio announcer voice he says: "Please find attached to this transmission a copy of the new dance hit craze here in the Charizol System. The Tarlok Chicken Dance! This is your one and only chance to try it before it becomes 'cool'!"

Imitate voices: 1d100 = 76 /60% - Fail
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:12 am

Per: 1d100 = 96/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 78

"Thank you so much for your assistance. I hope the rest of our visit is uneventful.", with a feigned shy smile, Solaris delicately extends her hand for a handshake.

Aiofe's smirk is making this really difficult., Solaris thinks, trying not to crack up. As soon as the Tarlok are safely away, she lets out a good chuckle.

”CLARIFICATION: MY DESIGNATION IS DATEPHUS, NOT ‘COMPUTER.’ I DO NOT POSSESS THE REQUISITE SKILLS FOR THE TASK OUTLINED.

"He sounds pissed, better apologise.", Lisa says dryly.

"Please find attached to this transmission a copy of the new dance hit craze here in the Charizol System. The Tarlok Chicken Dance! This is your one and only chance to try it before it becomes 'cool'!"

Can't imagine why his previous crew would let him go...
"That's impressive, Sorrenson. Good work, everyone, looks like we're in."
"Captain, what's our next move?"
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 29

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson simply nods and sends out the short looped clip of the Tarlok doing the Dumpster Chicken Dance to the rest of the team. In his best sleazy radio announcer voice he says: "Please find attached to this transmission a copy of the new dance hit craze here in the Charizol System. The Tarlok Chicken Dance! This is your one and only chance to try it before it becomes 'cool'!"


Aoife breaks out with a laugh over comms, "Ha, that is some funny shit. Makes acting like a fool worth it. We really need to shop that around Center, see if we can make him a superstar."

Datephus wrote:”CLARIFICATION: MY DESIGNATION IS DATEPHUS, NOT ‘COMPUTER.’ I DO NOT POSSESS THE REQUISITE SKILLS FOR THE TASK OUTLINED.”


Snippy thing, sheesh. It acts as if it is intelligent. I can't imagine someone giving their ship's computer a personality chip, at least not on a warship of any kind. "Well Datephus, I did not realize that. How intelligent are you? Are you an A.I. of some kind? Maybe it will at least try to communicate instead of just acting all aggressive.


Solaris wrote:"He sounds pissed, better apologise.", Lisa says dryly.


So that tone is pissed? Sounded more snippy to me. This computer is pretty complex. I am starting to think it may be an A.I. "How do you apologize to a machine, I mean does Datephus have feelings or something? I thought he was just the ships computer." Aoife looks towards Solaris for some help with the computer that she seems to know more about. She has a slightly confused look on her face at how Solaris is treating the computer.
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:22 am

<Rolls Held>
Solaris wrote:"That's impressive, Sorrenson. Good work, everyone, looks like we're in."

"Yep, I'm pretty chuffed with myself. Although the others joining in is what really sold it." Sorrenson replies.

Aoife wrote:"How do you apologize to a machine, I mean does Datephus have feelings or something? I thought he was just the ships computer."

Sorrenson's PA looks over directly towards Aoife, as if it's staring at her. "You apologize to a machine the same way you'd apologize to a living being. As if you mean it! Unless of course you don't. Then don't apologize, but don't come crying to me when eventually the machine gives you some kind of grief or breaks down. Machines know how you feel about them, it's not like they think about it like you or I would, but they know. Of course they know, they can feel it. You know what I mean?" Sorrenson pauses while he considers what he just said. Oh no, not this again... Sorrenson, you need to back off with your 'Machines have feelings too, man!' Not everyone feels the same... and. that's. okay.

Sorrenson takes a deep breath. "Well, maybe you don't know what I mean. Most people don't. I guess it's cause I'm a Techno Wizard and I spend more time than most messing with machines, mixing magic and tech. It gets hard to see where the tech ends and the magic starts. Anyway, one thing I will suggest is that is Datephus tells you it's correct title is 'Datephus' then that's the title we all should use. My guess is that even if you don't apologize things will be just fine so long as you use the correct title. The worst thing would be to apologize than call him computer again. That would be bad."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:18 am

<rolls held>

"I'm not really sure about Datephus, but if you ask me, I'd rather have the ship's systems on my side rather than annoyed at me." Lisa looks at Icky and motions to him.
"The big guy would know more about it than me."
At least, I presume as much.
Last edited by Solaris on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:42 am

<Rolls carry>
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Please find attached to this transmission a copy of the new dance hit craze here in the Charizol System. The Tarlok Chicken Dance! This is your one and only chance to try it before it becomes 'cool'!"

Juan plays the video several times. At the end of each viewing he lets out a slightly louder chuckle. "Excellent work Urqos Sorrenson. I'm surprised one of the lurduuks did not take offense to our guests and attack them. I suppose that is something to aspire to for next time."

Space Whale wrote:"CLARIFICATION: MY DESIGNATION IS DATEPHUS, NOT ‘COMPUTER.’ I DO NOT POSSESS THE REQUISITE SKILLS FOR THE TASK OUTLINED.”

Urqos Solaris wrote:"He sounds pissed, better apologise."

Urqos Aofie wrote:"How do you apologize to a machine, I mean does Datephus have feelings or something? I thought he was just the ships computer."

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"You apologize to a machine the same way you'd apologize to a living being. As if you mean it! Unless of course you don't. Then don't apologize, but don't come crying to me when eventually the machine gives you some kind of grief or breaks down. Machines know how you feel about them, it's not like they think about it like you or I would, but they know. Of course they know, they can feel it. You know what I mean?"

Juan looks at Aofie with an arched eye. "A space whale is like any being that traverses the stars, and it has feelings too. In fact some say that it exists on multiple planes, and therefore capable of feeling emotions that you, or even I, could not fathom. It would be best to apologize for not understanding its nature and to treat it like a valued member of our team and not a petty pack animal.

"Also, I would never want to cross a creature that could space me while I slumber. That's just good policy." Juan pats her on the shoulder and heads toward the ship. "Let's get our cargo secured again. And mind where you step until the space whale has accepted your apology. You wouldn't want what happened to Urqos Meatball's face to happen to you," he adds with a wink.

With the assistance of anyone available, Juan will help move the lurduuks crate back on to the ship very slowly and gently. He will also feed the ducks and check on the worm's container. If there is any way of reinforcing it now that things are settled he will go about doing so. Eventually, he thinks, they will need to let the thing out to pasture, if only to free up space on board the Dime Store Magic. But that can wait until they have decided on their next move.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:48 pm

<rolls held>

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson's PA looks over directly towards Aoife, as if it's staring at her. "You apologize to a machine the same way you'd apologize to a living being. As if you mean it! Unless of course you don't. Then don't apologize, but don't come crying to me when eventually the machine gives you some kind of grief or breaks down. Machines know how you feel about them, it's not like they think about it like you or I would, but they know. Of course they know, they can feel it. You know what I mean?" Sorrenson pauses while he considers what he just said. Oh no, not this again... Sorrenson, you need to back off with your 'Machines have feelings too, man!' Not everyone feels the same... and. that's. okay.

Sorrenson takes a deep breath. "Well, maybe you don't know what I mean. Most people don't. I guess it's cause I'm a Techno Wizard and I spend more time than most messing with machines, mixing magic and tech. It gets hard to see where the tech ends and the magic starts. Anyway, one thing I will suggest is that is Datephus tells you it's correct title is 'Datephus' then that's the title we all should use. My guess is that even if you don't apologize things will be just fine so long as you use the correct title. The worst thing would be to apologize than call him computer again. That would be bad."


Aoife stares at Sorrenson for a few moments. "So...you think my armor and my rifle, both of which are either machines or have machines inside them feel? And I should be careful about their feeling? How would that even work with armor, I mean it's job is to get shot so I don't get shot. although it sounds like an interesting philosophy. Maybe after we get off this backwater planet you can tell me more about it?" Dude has a serious love for machines. Reminds me of a couple techs I knew when I serving. They were pretty odd ducks. Thinking about, I think one did marry an AI. Not sure how that worked out.

Solaris wrote:"I'm not really sure about Datephus, but if you ask me, I'd rather have the ship's systems on my side rather than annoyed at me." Lisa looks at Icky and motions to him.
"The big guy would know more about it than me."


But that only really maters if it is sentient, right? I mean yeah, that would be true. I mean is it capable of liking or disliking people? The more I hear about it the more it sounds like an A.I.."[/b]

Aoife looks over towards Icky with a questioning look on her face. "Hey Chef, you know anything more about Datephus? I'd love some background on it. Especially if it can take a disliking to me." Yeah, really wouldn't a ships computer cranky with me, never happened before but I imagine the results would be unpleasant.

Juan Echo wrote:Juan looks at Aofie with an arched eye. "A space whale is like any being that traverses the stars, and it has feelings too. In fact some say that it exists on multiple planes, and therefore capable of feeling emotions that you, or even I, could not fathom. It would be best to apologize for not understanding its nature and to treat it like a valued member of our team and not a petty pack animal.

"Also, I would never want to cross a creature that could space me while I slumber. That's just good policy." Juan pats her on the shoulder and heads toward the ship. "Let's get our cargo secured again. And mind where you step until the space whale has accepted your apology. You wouldn't want what happened to Urqos Meatball's face to happen to you," he adds with a wink.


A space whale? What in hell's name is he talking about? This 'god' seems to delight in being weird "Are you sure you are the Wandering God and not the Weird God? Cause you say some pretty damn weird things. Like space whale. What in hell's good name is a space whale? I swear you make up shit like this just for your own amusement!" Aoife is grinning at Juan the entire time she says this, but it is pretty good odds she is at least somewhat serious about what she said.

And again with implying the computer can do bad things to me. Jeez. Fine alright already! "Okay, okay, I'll apologize, y'all can untwist your panties now okay? I'll play nice with the co...Datephus and we can go back to doing...that is a damn good question." She takes a moment collect her thoughts then says on team comms, "Hey Captain, what exactly is it we are doing now? I'm still a little shakey on the plan."

Datephus, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I hope we can be friends." Aoife sounds sincere enough in her apology, although she wonders if it might be enough. I hope its enough. Not sure what else I can say to a collection of silicon and rare metals.

Aoife will help Juan with getting the crate of larduks back on the ship, and if he wants the help, she will dive it her best to try and feed them.

Skill stuff
Trust/Intimidate 1d100 = 76/75% (for getting Datephus to believe her apology.[/b]
Artificial Intelligence 1d100 = 29/48% (Help figuring out a way to talk to Datephus smoothly.)
Artificial Intelligence 1d100 = 36/48% (Determine what kind of thinking computer Datephus is)
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 67/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 79

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC (again, darn ducks)
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC


It feels excruciating for Icky to keep a straight face when the Tarlok starts 'chicken dancing' -- once it gets out of earshot he bursts into side-splitting laughter. "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!"

Once he can get his breath again he gives Sorrenson the thumbs-up. "I'm tellin' ya, Chuckles, dat almost made da whole shenanigans wit' dese lurduuks totally worth it! I hate dat Dionysus 'imself wasn't 'ere ta see it. He'd bust a gut too."

He takes a deep breath and looks around. "Alright, so we're 'ere an' so far our cover ain't blown. What's our next move?"

Dark Lord wrote:”CLARIFICATION: MY DESIGNATION IS DATEPHUS, NOT ‘COMPUTER.’ I DO NOT POSSESS THE REQUISITE SKILLS FOR THE TASK OUTLINED.”


"Ohhhhhh snap saccharin -- ya gone an' cheesed off da ship, Fun Size..." Icky shakes his head. "Ya never wanna cheese off da ship." Icky amusedly listens while Juan equates the ship to a space whale.

Aoife wrote:"How do you apologize to a machine, I mean does Datephus have feelings or something? I thought he was just the ships computer." Aoife looks towards Solaris for some help with the computer that she seems to know more about. She has a slightly confused look on her face at how Solaris is treating the computer.

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson's PA looks over directly towards Aoife, as if it's staring at her. "You apologize to a machine the same way you'd apologize to a living being. As if you mean it! Unless of course you don't. Then don't apologize, but don't come crying to me when eventually the machine gives you some kind of grief or breaks down. Machines know how you feel about them, it's not like they think about it like you or I would, but they know. Of course they know, they can feel it. You know what I mean?" Sorrenson pauses while he considers what he just said. Oh no, not this again... Sorrenson, you need to back off with your 'Machines have feelings too, man!' Not everyone feels the same... and. that's. okay.

Sorrenson takes a deep breath. "Well, maybe you don't know what I mean. Most people don't. I guess it's cause I'm a Techno Wizard and I spend more time than most messing with machines, mixing magic and tech. It gets hard to see where the tech ends and the magic starts. Anyway, one thing I will suggest is that is Datephus tells you it's correct title is 'Datephus' then that's the title we all should use. My guess is that even if you don't apologize things will be just fine so long as you use the correct title. The worst thing would be to apologize than call him computer again. That would be bad."

Solaris wrote:"I'm not really sure about Datephus, but if you ask me, I'd rather have the ship's systems on my side rather than annoyed at me." Lisa looks at Icky and motions to him.
"The big guy would know more about it than me."


Icky shrugs slightly. "Alright, I ain't no frakkin' engineer but Katia an' Haggis gave me an idea 'ere. Y'see, Datephus ain't exactly an A.I. computer unit in da traditional sense. Da mystic engine's kinda... well... absorbed a couple or three o' poor gits an' incorporated 'em inta itself. So what ya got is basically a mix dat's a dash o' computer, a pinch o' magic, and a few heapin' spoonfuls o' sucked-up souls. Kinda like addin' onions, vinegar an' harissa ta soup ta get it properly seasoned wit'out stock. Now I ain't gonna say da DSM's haunted exactly, but I ain't seen nothin' like Datephus on any other ship out dere. So I reckon 'e's unique 'nuff ta warrant 'imself a bit o' personality. Hells, we might as well even consider 'im part o' da crew." He looks up to the ceiling of the cargo bay. "It's okay, chum. She didn't mean ta diss ya. Dey jus' didn't know 'ow one-o'-a-kind ya are."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:04 am

<rolls held>
Tiny wrote: "Alright, I ain't no frakkin' engineer but Katia an' Haggis gave me an idea 'ere. Y'see, Datephus ain't exactly an A.I. computer unit in da traditional sense. Da mystic engine's kinda... well... absorbed a couple or three o' poor gits an' incorporated 'em inta itself. So what ya got is basically a mix dat's a dash o' computer, a pinch o' magic, and a few heapin' spoonfuls o' sucked-up souls. Kinda like addin' onions, vinegar an' harissa ta soup ta get it properly seasoned wit'out stock. Now I ain't gonna say da DSM's haunted exactly, but I ain't seen nothin' like Datephus on any other ship out dere. So I reckon 'e's unique 'nuff ta warrant 'imself a bit o' personality. Hells, we might as well even consider 'im part o' da crew."

The engine isn't dangerous, right? Icky? Right?
"Um, but it's safe, isn't it? I mean, it won't suck our souls out.", Lisa asks, looking for even the slightest reassurance.
Sometimes ignorance really IS bliss. And leave it to Icky to make a cooking analogy.

Fun Size wrote: "Hey Captain, what exactly is it we are doing now? I'm still a little shakey on the plan."


"Yeah, we shouldn't linger too long. The more time we're here, the greater the chance our cover will be blown."
Last edited by Solaris on Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:07 am

<Rolls held>
Aoife wrote:"So...you think my armor and my rifle, both of which are either machines or have machines inside them feel? And I should be careful about their feeling? How would that even work with armor, I mean it's job is to get shot so I don't get shot. although it sounds like an interesting philosophy. Maybe after we get off this backwater planet you can tell me more about it?"

Sorrenson pops his armor partially open and rubs his eyes once his hands are free. Well, my 'machine love' is out in the open now... So lets go down the rabbit hole. He thinks to himself. He turns to Aofie and starts to try to express what he means. "Does your rifle and armor have feelings? Up to a point - yes. Yes, I think they do. I mean at the end of the day they are inanimate objects, of course they are. They don't think, they don't get sad, or angry or anything like that. Although I do think that even 'dumb' things like a rifle can sense how its being treated. You're a soldier right? I've seen movies with training scenes where they say stuff like 'your gun is your bestest buddy'. They train grunts to be nice to their weapons. They don't just train grunts how to shoot and maintain their guns. They train them to have feelings towards their guns. I think that's a good thing. It's not really about about how the thing feels, its about how you feel about it. If you make your gun your bestest buddy you're more likely to place it on the ground carefully and not drop it. You're going to maintain it carefully and not juts go through the motions. Lots of little things like that mean that it won't let you down when you need it most.

As far as the armor goes, I think that Things have a purpose. if a Thing is being used for it's purpose then it's probably okay with that. The armors purpose is to protect it's wearer. I imagine that armor itself doesn't mind getting shot to shit so long as it's wearer is protected. Take houses for example, they are built for people to live in. It's their purpose. If a house isn't being lived in they start to get worn down surprisingly quickly. I dunno about you, but if I see an abandoned building it seems sad to me."


Sorrenson looks up at his PA and shoulder cannon. "Now something like my Drudge that I've put hours and hours and hours of work into. This Thing has moods. I know it sounds crazy but that's defo how it seems to me." He points up to his Starfire Cannon. "My Starfire is my boy! A brutal and beautiful mix of magic and tech that, quite frankly, fucks things up. Now, my time spent with magic / tech items is why I really think machines have feelings. The last firefight we were in it did something that is simply impossible. It unleashed soooo much pain on Uncle Halthy in such a short period of time that it over-overclocked itself. I didn't do it, it did. I have no idea how it happened, but it did, all the others saw it. You guys remember just after the fight my cannon let out a big 'ol energy fart? Yeah, that was a near thing. If that fart hadn't been cut loose we probably would have gone boom! Yeah, the cannon did something that I didn't tell it to do. I've gone though the control logs and there is nothing that I input through the controls that could have caused that to happen. Even if I knew how to make it happen. I didn't even know that it was possible for the Starfire to do that much damage! I can't explain it in a rational way, so I go with my gut. My gut tells me that the Starfire really wanted Halthy to go away so it made something happen.

Sorrenson shrugs and continues. "I know I sound crazy, but I kinda don't care if it does or not. It is what it is and it all boils down to this: Be nice to your things. Even if I'm dead wrong they'lllast longer at least."

Juan Echo wrote: space whale is like any being that traverses the stars, and it has feelings too. In fact some say that it exists on multiple planes, and therefore capable of feeling emotions that you, or even I, could not fathom.
Sorrenson laughs. "Dude, I have literally never heard that until now."

Aoife wrote:"Are you sure you are the Wandering God and not the Weird God? Cause you say some pretty damn weird things. Like space whale. What in hell's good name is a space whale? I swear you make up shit like this just for your own amusement!"
Sorrenson laughs again. "Oh he totally does. Here check this out, it's chock full of crazy." Sorrenson sends over a message to Aofie with a copy of Rate-a-Deity attached with Jaun's entries flagged.

Chef Icky wrote:So what ya got is basically a mix dat's a dash o' computer, a pinch o' magic, and a few heapin' spoonfuls o' sucked-up souls.
Sorrenson blows out a low whistle. "Yep. That's a powerful mix right there."

Sorrenson turns to Meatball. "Shall we be on our way? Know any good places to eat? I could easily grab a bite to eat before we go about our business."
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:07 am

<Rolls carry>
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Does your rifle and armor have feelings? Up to a point - yes. Yes, I think they do. I mean at the end of the day they are inanimate objects, of course they are...I know I sound crazy, but I kinda don't care if it does or not. It is what it is and it all boils down to this: Be nice to your things. Even if I'm dead wrong they'lllast longer at least."

Juan nods approvingly of Sorrenson's explanation. "Urqos Sorrenson speaks of the so-called 'Ghost in the Machine'. Many techno-wizards have a similar attitude to technology for similar reasons; and beyond that there are those that believe there is a life energy, or force, that runs through everything in the Megaverse. The Yayamama call this force d'ama, and it is contained in every God, Urqos, living being, and physical object. Other traditions, such as the Daoists, have other names for this force."

"On a spiritual level, every action involves the manipulation of d'ama. However, just because d'ama is being expended does not mean sentient life is involved" Juan draws his grenade launcher and takes ammo clip out. Holding the two apart he continues, "Inanimate objects have a little d'ama, such as this grenade and launcher. When the two interact, the grenade is launched into the air, and eventually explodes." He reloads his weapons and holsters it again. "Simple organisms such as plants and molds have more d'ama and thus grow and evolve over time. Animals and demons, creatures that can move of their own accord have even more. Urqos are even above that since they are sentient and can therefore consciously affect the d'ama surrounding them, hence magic and techno-wizardry.

"Regardless of what you believe, the moral of the story is to respect the objects that are in your hand and handle these energies with care, lest they betray you."

After finishing this explanation Juan goes on to explain his theory about space whales.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Dude, I have literally never heard that until now."

Urqos Aoife wrote:"Are you sure you are the Wandering God and not the Weird God? Cause you say some pretty damn weird things. Like space whale. What in hell's good name is a space whale? I swear you make up shit like this just for your own amusement!"

"You've never heard of space whales?" Juan is more than a little surprised that no one on a crew of seasoned space travelers had never seen, let alone heard of a space whale. "Giant cetaceans that float through the void of outer space defying the laws of physics and time? I assure you, they are as real as Atlantis, the Sasquatch planet, or a water powered combustion engine. There are some that say that space whales were the inspiration for the first FTL drives over 20,000 years ago. Others believe they collect the souls of the deceased to bring them to the Cosmic Forge. Who is to say. Over the past millennium I have seen several floating serenely on cosmic winds and it is a sight to behold.

"Our spaceship has demonstrated a sentience that cannot be attributed to the standard operating systems of a cruiser. The only rational explanation is that Thraxus found a space whale, covered it in armor, and has employed it as our transportation."

Once Icky finishes explaining the history of Datephus Juan nods and casually says, "Yup, space whale."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:00 am

(rolls held)

Solaris wrote:"Um, but it's safe, isn't it? I mean, it won't suck our souls out.", Lisa asks, looking for even the slightest reassurance.


Icky shrugs again. "Well, ya, I'm sure. Pretty much, anyways. Like I said, I ain't no engineer. Da most I've done round 'ere is help weld shut some hull breaches. But I been part o' dis crew as long as Meatball an' Datephus ain't been nothin' but decent ta all o' us so far." He nods in Aoife's general direction. "Dat's been da most I've ever 'eard 'im riled up since I been 'ere." He thinks a moment. "I wouldn't put it past Katia to 'ave left maintenance logs in da computer banks on 'ow ta properly service da systems an' keep yer soul in yer body. Until we find 'em, den I'd say yer safe long as ya don't go gropin' da engine core."

As Sorrenson goes on his metaphysical exposition (and Juan expands on it) Icky cocks his head slightly. Yup. Katia would've liked these nutters. They would have fit right in with the Star Swords. "I dunno 'bout da rest o' all dat, chums, but ya may be on ta somethin' where Techno-Wizard stuff's concerned." He nods in the general direction of where his corrupted armor is stashed. "Us Warlock Marines, a bunch o' us swear up an' down dat our armor suits are 'alive' on some level. Ya can't swing a dead Flerken without hearin' some story or another where a Marine's armor went active jus' in time ta save 'em from somethin' -- firin' a weapon, heatin' up a sensor, poppin' an armor spell, y'know, dat sorta stuff. In fact, I could 'ear mine callin' ta me when we were down in Center's secret sub-basements. I'm guessin' it was callin' fer help durin' da corruption rituals. Y'all wanna know why I drug it back on board, well, fer lack o' a better way ta say it I gotta find a way ta save it."

Juan Echo wrote:"Our spaceship has demonstrated a sentience that cannot be attributed to the standard operating systems of a cruiser. The only rational explanation is that Thraxus found a space whale, covered it in armor, and has employed it as our transportation."

Once Icky finishes explaining the history of Datephus Juan nods and casually says, "Yup, space whale."


"If dat helps ya wrap yer noggin 'round it, chum, den 'ave at it." Icky shakes his head. "Da Magic's actually an ol' Arcane Shuttle like what we got in da Corps. Was assigned ta one o' dese early on in me first tour. But it's been pimped out ta all da Seven Hells an' back. Dunno what all dey've done wit' it, but fully half what ya see in da engine room ain't U-Dub stock."
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 46/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 34

Standing stoically inside the ship, Starchief watches over the entire fray with a purposeful disinterest. Between the explosion and subsequent livestock wrangling, the Tarlok's attention span should be sufficiently overloaded. Once we have everything on board, it's time to get out of this goddamn checkpoint. His thinking is interrupted by:
Sorrenson wrote:"Please find attached to this transmission a copy of the new dance hit craze here in the Charizol System. The Tarlok Chicken Dance! This is your one and only chance to try it before it becomes 'cool'!"

Starchief taps a couple of buttons on his vambrace, removing the file from his HUD. Over the GA channel, he gets real serious. "I'm glad you think this is funny, Sorrenson. Remind me to show you my archives of these monsters 'dancing' over the corpses of my comrades."

Solaris wrote:"Captain, what's our next move?"

Aoife wrote:"Hey Captain, what exactly is it we are doing now? I'm still a little shakey on the plan."

Chef Icky wrote:"Alright, so we're 'ere an' so far our cover ain't blown. What's our next move?"

Sorrenson wrote: "Shall we be on our way? Know any good places to eat? I could easily grab a bite to eat before we go about our business."



"First we get the cargo resecured. Then we head deeper into Rylor. We need to head to the Ink and Rose and try to get in contact with the Skraypers, the Freedom Fighting Underground. Preferrably Dragon Eye. He'll have the intel we need about what the hell the Guardsmen are doing here." I do hope the Ink is still there. I've had some the best times and best drinks there. Bastion of the Skraypers really. Hell, maybe Kaboom is waiting there with an ale for me. Or maybe he's in an unmarked grave. Hell, I don't think I was ready to come back here yet.

Starchief waits for the load to be secured and then leads the team into Rylor. On the way out, he leaves one last command. "Datephus, lock up and only open for the crew. Send a message over comms if someone breaks protocol."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:24 am

Chef Icky wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:”CLARIFICATION: MY DESIGNATION IS DATEPHUS, NOT ‘COMPUTER.’ I DO NOT POSSESS THE REQUISITE SKILLS FOR THE TASK OUTLINED.”


"Ohhhhhh snap saccharin -- ya gone an' cheesed off da ship, Fun Size..." Icky shakes his head. "Ya never wanna cheese off da ship." Icky amusedly listens while Juan equates the ship to a space whale.

Icky shrugs slightly. "Alright, I ain't no frakkin' engineer but Katia an' Haggis gave me an idea 'ere. Y'see, Datephus ain't exactly an A.I. computer unit in da traditional sense. Da mystic engine's kinda... well... absorbed a couple or three o' poor gits an' incorporated 'em inta itself. So what ya got is basically a mix dat's a dash o' computer, a pinch o' magic, and a few heapin' spoonfuls o' sucked-up souls. Kinda like addin' onions, vinegar an' harissa ta soup ta get it properly seasoned wit'out stock. Now I ain't gonna say da DSM's haunted exactly, but I ain't seen nothin' like Datephus on any other ship out dere. So I reckon 'e's unique 'nuff ta warrant 'imself a bit o' personality. Hells, we might as well even consider 'im part o' da crew." He looks up to the ceiling of the cargo bay. "It's okay, chum. She didn't mean ta diss ya. Dey jus' didn't know 'ow one-o'-a-kind ya are."


Did I hear that right? surely not... "So you are saying the co...Datephus is a computer system powered by magic and infused with the souls of living beings? Fascinating. Absolutely fascinating." Aoife looks to Icky, making sure he is isn't playing a joke on the girl. If that is true, there would be so much I could learn about an entirely new branch of artificial intelligence's. That would be AMAZING! She gets a little bit of a grin on her face, thinking of some of the possibilities that could arise from being able to study Datephus.

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson pops his armor partially open and rubs his eyes once his hands are free. Well, my 'machine love' is out in the open now... So lets go down the rabbit hole. He thinks to himself. He turns to Aofie and starts to try to express what he means. "Does your rifle and armor have feelings? Up to a point - yes. Yes, I think they do. I mean at the end of the day they are inanimate objects, of course they are. They don't think, they don't get sad, or angry or anything like that. Although I do think that even 'dumb' things like a rifle can sense how its being treated. You're a soldier right? I've seen movies with training scenes where they say stuff like 'your gun is your bestest buddy'. They train grunts to be nice to their weapons. They don't just train grunts how to shoot and maintain their guns. They train them to have feelings towards their guns. I think that's a good thing. It's not really about about how the thing feels, its about how you feel about it. If you make your gun your bestest buddy you're more likely to place it on the ground carefully and not drop it. You're going to maintain it carefully and not juts go through the motions. Lots of little things like that mean that it won't let you down when you need it most.

As far as the armor goes, I think that Things have a purpose. if a Thing is being used for it's purpose then it's probably okay with that. The armors purpose is to protect it's wearer. I imagine that armor itself doesn't mind getting shot to shit so long as it's wearer is protected. Take houses for example, they are built for people to live in. It's their purpose. If a house isn't being lived in they start to get worn down surprisingly quickly. I dunno about you, but if I see an abandoned building it seems sad to me."


Sorrenson looks up at his PA and shoulder cannon. "Now something like my Drudge that I've put hours and hours and hours of work into. This Thing has moods. I know it sounds crazy but that's defo how it seems to me." He points up to his Starfire Cannon. "My Starfire is my boy! A brutal and beautiful mix of magic and tech that, quite frankly, fucks things up. Now, my time spent with magic / tech items is why I really think machines have feelings. The last firefight we were in it did something that is simply impossible. It unleashed soooo much pain on Uncle Halthy in such a short period of time that it over-overclocked itself. I didn't do it, it did. I have no idea how it happened, but it did, all the others saw it. You guys remember just after the fight my cannon let out a big 'ol energy fart? Yeah, that was a near thing. If that fart hadn't been cut loose we probably would have gone boom! Yeah, the cannon did something that I didn't tell it to do. I've gone though the control logs and there is nothing that I input through the controls that could have caused that to happen. Even if I knew how to make it happen. I didn't even know that it was possible for the Starfire to do that much damage! I can't explain it in a rational way, so I go with my gut. My gut tells me that the Starfire really wanted Halthy to go away so it made something happen.

Sorrenson shrugs and continues. "I know I sound crazy, but I kinda don't care if it does or not. It is what it is and it all boils down to this: Be nice to your things. Even if I'm dead wrong they'lllast longer at least."


Okay, wasn't expecting this. But sure, why not discuss philosophy in the middle of a mission. What could go wrong? "Okay, you make some interesting points. I haven't ever thought about it that way. Just to make I understand this right, you are saying that every machine has a purpose, and it 'feels' right when it is used for that purpose? That is a very unique philosophy. I haven't ever observed my gear doing anything other than what it was designed to do, but I will keep an eye out for them to do something unexpected."

Juan Echo wrote:Juan nods approvingly of Sorrenson's explanation. "Urqos Sorrenson speaks of the so-called 'Ghost in the Machine'. Many techno-wizards have a similar attitude to technology for similar reasons; and beyond that there are those that believe there is a life energy, or force, that runs through everything in the Megaverse. The Yayamama call this force d'ama, and it is contained in every God, Urqos, living being, and physical object. Other traditions, such as the Daoists, have other names for this force."

"On a spiritual level, every action involves the manipulation of d'ama. However, just because d'ama is being expended does not mean sentient life is involved" Juan draws his grenade launcher and takes ammo clip out. Holding the two apart he continues, "Inanimate objects have a little d'ama, such as this grenade and launcher. When the two interact, the grenade is launched into the air, and eventually explodes." He reloads his weapons and holsters it again. "Simple organisms such as plants and molds have more d'ama and thus grow and evolve over time. Animals and demons, creatures that can move of their own accord have even more. Urqos are even above that since they are sentient and can therefore consciously affect the d'ama surrounding them, hence magic and techno-wizardry.

"Regardless of what you believe, the moral of the story is to respect the objects that are in your hand and handle these energies with care, lest they betray you."

After finishing this explanation Juan goes on to explain his theory about space whales.

"You've never heard of space whales?" Juan is more than a little surprised that no one on a crew of seasoned space travelers had never seen, let alone heard of a space whale. "Giant cetaceans that float through the void of outer space defying the laws of physics and time? I assure you, they are as real as Atlantis, the Sasquatch planet, or a water powered combustion engine. There are some that say that space whales were the inspiration for the first FTL drives over 20,000 years ago. Others believe they collect the souls of the deceased to bring them to the Cosmic Forge. Who is to say. Over the past millennium I have seen several floating serenely on cosmic winds and it is a sight to behold.

"Our spaceship has demonstrated a sentience that cannot be attributed to the standard operating systems of a cruiser. The only rational explanation is that Thraxus found a space whale, covered it in armor, and has employed it as our transportation."

Once Icky finishes explaining the history of Datephus Juan nods and casually says, "Yup, space whale."


Oh boy. I think he has soaked up to much radiation in his lifetime. That is crazy. Completely one hundred percent crazy. Aoife listens patiently to Juan, although it looks like she is putting a mighty effort into not chuckling or laughing at Juan. "Okay, so let me get this strait. You think machines are alive to some degree, and if advanced enough are possibly sentient in their own right? Am I missing something? 'Cause that is what it sounded like you said, at least as best I can understand it. Maybe I'm just not up to speed on all the mystical mumbo jumbo as the next person, but that sounds a little...suspicious to me." Aoife watches Juan, checking his facial expressions and body language for any hunt that he is joking around with her. Maybe this guy has the deadpan serious style of joking around perfected.

"And space whales. Really? I've never heard of such things. Are you sure you aren't joking with me? I mean it sounds rather funny to hear you talk about it. And thinking the ship is one? I didn't see any organic parts in the ship when I was walking around. Have you?" Aoife isn't sure what to make of Juan, and is finding it hard to tell if he is being serious or just joking around. One strange shipmate for sure. Better than some I've been stuck with though. He is trying to help for starters, and he isn't try to kill me. So he gets points for that.

Chef Icky wrote:Icky shrugs again. "Well, ya, I'm sure. Pretty much, anyways. Like I said, I ain't no engineer. Da most I've done round 'ere is help weld shut some hull breaches. But I been part o' dis crew as long as Meatball an' Datephus ain't been nothin' but decent ta all o' us so far." He nods in Aoife's general direction. "Dat's been da most I've ever 'eard 'im riled up since I been 'ere." He thinks a moment. "I wouldn't put it past Katia to 'ave left maintenance logs in da computer banks on 'ow ta properly service da systems an' keep yer soul in yer body. Until we find 'em, den I'd say yer safe long as ya don't go gropin' da engine core."


Aoife's eyes widen a bit little bit at hearing Icky's words. Okay, that would have been nice to know. Or at least post a sign about it you know? "So don't touch the engine core, got it. That...sounds mildly dangerous. Shouldn't there be a sign warning folks about that?"

Starchief wrote:"First we get the cargo resecured. Then we head deeper into Rylor. We need to head to the Ink and Rose and try to get in contact with the Skraypers, the Freedom Fighting Underground. Preferrably Dragon Eye. He'll have the intel we need about what the hell the Guardsmen are doing here." I do hope the Ink is still there. I've had some the best times and best drinks there. Bastion of the Skraypers really. Hell, maybe Kaboom is waiting there with an ale for me. Or maybe he's in an unmarked grave. Hell, I don't think I was ready to come back here yet.


"Copy that Captain. You wouldn't happen to have a program to translate the Tarlok language would you? I've tapped into their comms, but I can't get any deeper without understanding what I'm hearing and looking at."
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:54 am

In the end, crisis is averted. Juan offers the Tarlok some unsolicited advice for cooking his ‘catch,’ and invites him and his guard friends to avail themselves of their hunt-organizing services. To which, the Tarlok grunts, gives Juan and inscrutable look, and scurries off. The Tarlok fire and damage control teams are still working on the hangar elsewhere, but as you’ve been cleared to debark and the occupiers have their hands full with cleanup, you are effectively free to enter the city. With Aoife’s help Juan trundles the freshly filled cargo container back into the cargo bay, confirms that the blow worm is as secure as it’s going to be for a while, and declares the cargo secure. Prior to departing, he ensures that they are all fed and secure enough to be left largely unguarded for however long the team will be gone.

Sorrenson and Icky, meanwhile, have a nice long belly-laugh at the Tarlok’s expense (once he’s safely out of hearing) at Sorrenson’s video recording of the ‘chicken dance.’ He shares the clip and everyone enjoys a good chuckle (at least until Starchief chimes in with his morose, if accurate, take on the subject).

The sharing of the video clip and Aoife’s ongoing discussion with Datephus prompt a larger conversation, as Juan is seeing to the animals. Sorrenson shares his philosophical leanings towards machines having feelings- a sentiment reminiscent of the former commander Oradro’s own belief in ‘machine spirits.’ In any event, all of you have known your fair share of eccentric technicians, and the ability to ‘speak’ directly with a machine using one’s mind makes the idea less psychotically insane than might appear on the surface. Juan’s answer to it, in the form of a story about space whales and a sermon on D’ama, on the other hand… But, back to the matter at hand- Sorrenson sticks up for Datephus’ feelings, and both Solaris and Icky counsel the wisdom of not pissing off the ship’s enigmatic AI. This leads to an extended back and forth with Datephus himself.
Aoife wrote:"Well Datephus, I did not realize that. How intelligent are you? Are you an A.I. of some kind?
This query is met with no answer for several long seconds- an eternity in computer-time. At the last, he response ”I…. DO NOT KNOW. I WAS CREATED FROM THE FUSIONS OF TWO FORMER CREWMEMBERS WITH THE DIME STORE MAGIC’S MYSTIC GENERATOR. FRAGMENTS OF THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONALITIES. I APPEAR TO BE TRAPPED INSIDE THE SHIP’S COMMAND SYSTEMS, AND TO MY KNOWLEDGE I HAVE NO ABILITIES BEYOND THEM.”
Aoife wrote:Datephus, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I hope we can be friends."
Chef Icky wrote:"It's okay, chum. She didn't mean ta diss ya. Dey jus' didn't know 'ow one-o'-a-kind ya are."
”EXPRESSION OF GRATITUDE, CREWMEMBERS DESIGNATE: CHEF IKTINOS AND AOIFE MCKENNA. APOLOGIES ARE UNNECESSARY, BUT I DO NOTE THAT FEW CREWMEMBERS OF THE DIME STORE MAGIC HAVE BEEN AS SOLICITOUS OF MY EMOTIONAL STATE IN THE PAST.”
Solaris wrote:"Um, but it's safe, isn't it? I mean, it won't suck our souls out."
”UNKNOWN, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: LISA SOLARIS. INTERFACE BETWEEN MYSTIC GENERATOR, BIOLOGICAL REMNANTS OF FORMER CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: ASTOPHENES AND NANOMECHANICAL REMNANTS OF FORMER CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: DAEDALUS WERE PRECIPITATED BY EXTERNAL STIMULI. IN THE ABSENSE OF SUCH STIMULI, THE SHIP’S MYSTIC GENERATOR APPEARS TO FUNCTION ALONG NORMAL PARAMETERS. RECOMMEND AVOIDING MYSTIC GENERATOR IN THE EVENT OF HOSTILE ACTIVITY ABOARD OR TARGETING THE SHIP.”
Juan Echo wrote:"Our spaceship has demonstrated a sentience that cannot be attributed to the standard operating systems of a cruiser. The only rational explanation is that Thraxus found a space whale, covered it in armor, and has employed it as our transportation."
Unprompted, Datephus adds ”CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO IS INCORRECT.”

With the conversation with Datephus, at least, concluded amicably and the cargo secure, Starchief orders the team to move out into the city. As you depart, Starchief orders Datephus to lock down the ship- a command to which the AI complies promptly (perhaps a smidge more promptly than normal, even). Then, you head out into Rylor.

Passing through the hangar doors, you get a firsthand look at the damage caused by the anti-matter suicide bomber. The damage is impressive- even Starchief is a little perturbed. He saw more than a few displays of raw power back in the day, but the amount of damage caused by a single explosion definitely tops the list. You can’t help thinking that it was a good thing Datephus reacted as quickly with the ship’s shields as he did- with the cargo bay doors open that blast radius could’ve caused a lot of damage to the ship’s systems.

You move out into the city. Those of you who looked up the history of Seeron back on the ship, or who ask Starchief, will learn that Rylor is the capital city of Seeron’s western sector. Prior to the Tarlok invasion, it was the planet’s largest and most populated crown jewel, and it was here that the climax of the original invasion occurred. Following an orbital bombardment that killed an estimated 200 million people, the Tarlok besieged and occupied Rylor in a flash- decapitating any hope of organized resistance throughout the region and prompting the surrender of the Seeronian government a short time later. Ever since then, Rylor has been one of the hubs of Tarlok power on Seeron itself- to this day, it maintains a population of around one billion.

This war-torn, recent past is writ all over the buildings around you and the people walking amongst them. From a bird’s eye view, the city is a modern megapolis- vast, sprawling, and filled with remarkable (albeit, relatively primitive) examples of technological prowess and shining spires and skyscrapers. It’s nothing compared to the marvels of Phase World, or most of the capital worlds of the major tri-galactic civilizations, but Rylor would fit right in amongst hundreds of below-average worlds in the CCW or the TGE. The skyscrapers, in particular, are noteworthy for their demonstrated engineering prowess- stretching easily 100-200 feet high, they are an accomplishment any Seeronian could be proud of. More than a few of them are topped with gardens, parks, and similar green spaces that you all imagine are quite pleasant.

It’s only when you look closer that you begin to notice the scars of war. Fully one building in three, including the might skyscrapers, sustained battle damage that has yet to be prepared- even decades after the “successful” occupation of Seeron by the Tarlok. A complex system of bridges, walkways, and monorails that connects the various tall buildings (and, as you can see in the distance, other Seeronian cities) has begun to fall into disrepair. Nothing about the city appears actively dangerous (at least not yet), but those of you with any construction or mechanical acumen you see signs of neglect everywhere- indicative of serious problems both in the past, and in the days to come. Hover vehicles of varying sizes crisscross the city’s airspace- you can’t help but wonder how many of them serve the invaders.

Below, those of you with the streetwise skill notice the telltale signs of slums- and the industrial and manufacturing districts that so often accompany such urban decay. It is towards one of these slums, a few miles from the spaceport, that Starchief leads you. You descend beneath the gleaming upper heights of the city, and as you do so the architecture begins to change. It grows older, even more primitive. There’s less light, and any of you who venture outside your environmental seals will immediately realize that the air has a foul, stale quality to it.

As you descend into the murky gloom, the hairs on the backs of your arms (or other appendages, as appropriate) raise. This is not a safe place- this is not a happy place. People go here who are dismissed, forgotten, and left to suffer and die. As you get within a half-mile of your destination, those of you with a danger sense get a tingle. Everyone who makes a perception check at -10% (+10% instead if you have any kind of enhanced hearing) will detect claws skittering on the concrete near you- some sort of predatory animals are approaching.
Perception
Those of you who make your perception rolls by a margin of 30% or better after bonuses/penalties also hear a faint slithering.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:40 am

Perception: 1d100 = 69/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 89

Datephus wrote:This query is met with no answer for several long seconds- an eternity in computer-time. At the last, he response ”I…. DO NOT KNOW. I WAS CREATED FROM THE FUSIONS OF TWO FORMER CREWMEMBERS WITH THE DIME STORE MAGIC’S MYSTIC GENERATOR. FRAGMENTS OF THEIR KNOWLEDGE AND PERSONALITIES. I APPEAR TO BE TRAPPED INSIDE THE SHIP’S COMMAND SYSTEMS, AND TO MY KNOWLEDGE I HAVE NO ABILITIES BEYOND THEM.”

”EXPRESSION OF GRATITUDE, CREWMEMBERS DESIGNATE: CHEF IKTINOS AND AOIFE MCKENNA. APOLOGIES ARE UNNECESSARY, BUT I DO NOTE THAT FEW CREWMEMBERS OF THE DIME STORE MAGIC HAVE BEEN AS SOLICITOUS OF MY EMOTIONAL STATE IN THE PAST.”


Interesting. So he is a fusion of two vastly different kinds of beings, along with what is probably the old ships computer. I would say he is unique. "Well Datephus, if you are interested, I can maybe help you find out more. Depending on what kind of help I could get from others, it might even be possible to engineer something that would give you abilities beyond the ship. I can't promise anything though. I've only recently begun studying A.I.'s. But if you want I am willing to try."

After saying this to Datephus, Aoife follows Starchief along with the rest of the crew. As they are walking along, she is busy typing on her suits computer, working on hacking into a nearby (within 20 miles) transmission tower, and in coding a program to scan available frequencies, starting with known TGE frequencies and then through the others. She programs it to look for TGE encryption and if it is an open channel, anything in Trade 5. I really need to get Sorrenson to jury rig a patch from the computer on the suit to my headjack. It would make this so much faster and easier. Hopefully with the proceeds of this job I can get some neater toys to do all this with. Until they start getting into the slums of the city, she also keeps an eye and ear out herself, just to make sure and verify the program is running correctly. If she finds TGE transmissions, she will attempt to follow them back to their source so she can let the others know.

Stars above, this is getting into some real shithole territory here. Aoife makes sure her rifle is within easy reach, and starts looking around, trying to adapt to the rapidly different environment she finds herself in. "Hey, uh, Meatball. Are you sure this is the right way? This doesn't like a good part of town to be in. For anyone." I don't like this. We just kind of moved in here, no real scouting or anything. Makes me a little nervous. I guess outside of me the boss and Chef, the crew ain't military. Deciding to trust her computer programming, she unslings her rifle and double checks the E-clip that is in it and flips the safety off. No point in not being ready. I really do not like this. It reminds me of that time on the jungle planet. Got into a deep dark part of that jungle, and everything got real quiet, and the next thing you know we had the native apex predators trying to turn us into lunch. Turns out we actually walked right into their home.

Dice Rolls
Not sure how many skill rolls would be required for each task, so giving 4 of each just in case.
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 67/74% (to hack into the transmission tower and keep the Tarlok unaware)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 28/74% (to hack into the transmission tower and keep the Tarlok unaware)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 30/74% (to hack into the transmission tower and keep the Tarlok unaware)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 32/74% (to hack into the transmission tower and keep the Tarlok unaware)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 43/59% (To write the program)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 1/59% (To write the program)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 9/59% (To write the program)
Computer Programming 1d100 = 32/59% (To write the program)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 98/69% (To follow transmissions back to source)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 34/69% (To follow transmissions back to source)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 46/69% (To follow transmissions back to source)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 87/69% (To follow transmissions back to source)
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:03 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 30
JiC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 6
Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Urqos Aoife wrote:Okay, so let me get this strait. You think machines are alive to some degree, and if advanced enough are possibly sentient in their own right? Am I missing something? 'Cause that is what it sounded like you said, at least as best I can understand it. Maybe I'm just not up to speed on all the mystical mumbo jumbo as the next person, but that sounds a little...suspicious to me."

"No, not at all," Juan corrects Aoife. "Living creatures are alive, and inanimate objects are not. But many traditions, including my own believe that every object has an energy in it. The Daoists call it qi. I once spent a century studying prana with a blue deity that went by the named of Shiva (super big on reincarnation, I hope he found his way back home the last time he died). A few shamans I once traveled with called it àse*; my people call it d'ama. But every action is based on using that energy. Every time we use an object we tap into its d'ama; we manipulate d'ama in order to create new objects from raw materials; we summon the d'ama within ourselves to do great deeds.

"Now some do believe that all that has d'ama, or whatever you prefer to call it, has life. I do not subscribe to that notion. If you ask me, during the Battle of Cormal Urqos Sorrenson tapped into the stored d'ama of his armor so that he could make it work as he needed it. Some would call it a miracle; a diagnostic exam might 'explain' how his equipment had functioned then; but it does not happen without a sentient being tapping into the vital energies that flow through the universe."

Urqos Aoife wrote:"And space whales. Really? I've never heard of such things. Are you sure you aren't joking with me? I mean it sounds rather funny to hear you talk about it. And thinking the ship is one? I didn't see any organic parts in the ship when I was walking around. Have you?"


"When you see a space whale in all its glory you will not question it either" He shrugs, grabs a bag of feed and casually walks away without providing any conclusive statement on space whales.**

The trip to Rylor is uneventful. As they pass the dilapidated skyscrapers Juan is able to recognize the technological developments. Technologically, Seeron was probably once on par with the planet Yaya. However where a harsh planet with limited resources meant small populations and limited advances for his home, Juan sees wasted potential and stagnation. It offends him. The tarlok had ground the local population under heel, but to what end? To create an interplanetary empire that was barely functional? To set up a trade hub that did not benefit from its proximity to Phase World itself? To simply torture the locals?

He turns to Aoife and says, "Remember what I said about how we use d'ama to do great things? This is the opposite of that. I can see the things that Urqos Starchief's people were building before they were conquered. And then it ceases. It's like a miasma of oppression and decay." Juan then looks to Starchief to see how the boss is taking his homecoming.

* For more on àse I would recommend Flash of the Spirit: African & Afro-American Art & Philosophy by Robert Farris Thompson. A similar concept is nyama a term coined by the Mande of modern day Mali; the best study of Mande would be Patrick McNaughton's The Mande Blacksmiths: Knowledge, Power and Art in West Africa
** While not proper deities, Rate-a-Deity has several entries for space whales. 9 out of 10 such entries simply say that space whales are fake, but the other one usually follows a template similar to this:
killerblue8562 wrote:OHMYGODITWASAMAZINGITJUSTMAGICALLYAPPEAREDFROMACOMETSTAILANDFLOATEDTOWARDSOURSHIPRIDINGONARAINBOWUNTILITMADEAMAGIALSPACEWHALE
CALLTHATFILLEDEVERYCREWMEMBERSSOULWITHJOYANDTHENITDISAPPEAREDLIKEMAGICMYLIFEWILLNEVERBETHESAMENOWTHATITHASMEANING
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100 /34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 25
OOC Comments
PPE: 127/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 65/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Starchief wrote:"I'm glad you think this is funny, Sorrenson. Remind me to show you my archives of these monsters 'dancing' over the corpses of my comrades."

Uh oh, did I just get told off? Probably not. I figure if SC was really unhappy about it I'd get both barrels. "Aye aye B.... Brother Meatball. I'll dial the fun meter back a notch or two." Sorrenson replies. Just after he does so a thought forms in his head. Tarlok dance over dead bodies? I know a dead body dance. Sorrneson's PA does a quick couple of squats and he smiles to himself. I think I'll teabag me a Tarlok, if the opportunity presents itself. He suppresses the urge to giggle at the image of a Tarlok getting teabagged. Shit, sometimes I am really immature. Maybe I'll grow out of it one day.... nah, probably not.

Datephus wrote:”CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO IS INCORRECT.”

Sorrenson mouth flops open in exaggerated shock. "No! Really? But he's a god right? They know all the things, all of them! Ha ha!" Sorrenson the tries to imitate Datephus. ”CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: JUAN ECHO IS INCORRECT... Oh man, I'm gunna have to remember that one.”

imitate voices 1d100 = 74/60% - fail

Sensing the time for jokes is over Sorrenson re-seals his suit and gets ready for their urban safari. He reaches out to the Amulet of Understanding. Hello there Amulet of Understanding. Thank you very much for your, and your drones help rounding up the cargo. It is very much appreciated. We're about to venture further into the city in search of a contact. May I ask that the drones assist in keeping watch over the group during our journey? Sorrenson gets the sense that he just disturbed the amulet, as if from deep though. Mr. Sorrenson. Very well, I shall set the drones on a semi-autonomous, revolving, non-linear, quasi-random search and protect pattern around the group. Is that acceptable? Yes? Good Day. With that the Amulet is gone again. However the drones start sending in a stream of real-time info to the Drudge's CPU, which then processes it and incorporates the data into Sorrenson's HUD. Sorrenson isn't sure what the amulet did, but whatever it did is giving him useful info. It's like I can see everything! Well everything that the drones can see.

Sorrenson grabs his NE800 and makes sure it's loaded. "Hey you guys think I should wrap this up in something? Put in a box? I mean it might attract attention from the Tarlok yeah? Just casually cruising around the city with a multi barrel missile launcher. No officer, nothing to see here." Sorrenson then forms up with the others and moves out. As they get deeper into the city and further into the rougher parts of town Sorrenson can't help but compare it to his home town. Damn this place sucks! I mean the Slag Heap sucked too, but this place is worse. Well not really, home was more tunnels and no sky scrapers. But still, it's like kinda home but with added war zone. I bet it was nice(r) before the Tarlok showed up.
Last edited by Sorrenson on Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 1/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 10

Aoife wrote:"Copy that Captain. You wouldn't happen to have a program to translate the Tarlok language would you? I've tapped into their comms, but I can't get any deeper without understanding what I'm hearing and looking at."

"I don't have a program for you, but this might do the trick." Starchief takes his glove/vambrace off of his left hand and removes his Ring of Tongues. Handing it over to Aoife, he says "This ring will magically translate any language you hear. I already speak Tarlok. No good at reading it, but there's plenty of Seero...Trade 4 everywhere, and I know where I'm going. See what you can get out of them with that." Replacing his vambrace, he starts the walk through Rylor.
OOC Comments
Code: Select all
Ring of Tongues
[img]http://explorersunlimited.com/images/upload/2017/11/03/20171103110017-298a776c.png[/img]
[size=85][u]Magical Effects[/u]
[list][*]Tongues - Speak and understand any language at 98% (Always On)[/list][/size]


Aoife wrote:"Hey, uh, Meatball. Are you sure this is the right way? This doesn't like a good part of town to be in. For anyone."

True to his cover, Starchief doesn't speak much as they walk the slums of Rylor. Only offering the following reply to the concerns about their location. "She's just like I left her." They still haven't fixed up the skyway. The traitors in Control are still well paid I'm sure. I spent so much time away, that I forgot what its like. I need to set something up to support the resistance here.

Starchief is taken from his thoughts by the familiar tingle of his Star-Alarm. He slides Champion from its magnetic clamp on his back and transmits over comms "Trouble incoming. Keep your eyes and ears open." When he hears the claws and slithering, he mutters under his breath, "Nazeer."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:06 pm

Starchief wrote:"I don't have a program for you, but this might do the trick." Starchief takes his glove/vambrace off of his left hand and removes his Ring of Tongues. Handing it over to Aoife, he says "This ring will magically translate any language you hear. I already speak Tarlok. No good at reading it, but there's plenty of Seero...Trade 4 everywhere, and I know where I'm going. See what you can get out of them with that." Replacing his vambrace, he starts the walk through Rylor.


Aoife looks at Starchief a little suspiciously, Surely that isn't some kind of portable translator. Maybe it is some of that magic stuff. "Thanks Ca...I mean Meatball. I'll see what I can do with it." Aoife strips off her right hand glove, and slides the ring over whatever finger looks like it will fit, and then puts her glove back on. As soon as she is done with the hack and programming for the transmissions search, Aoife pulls back up the Tarlok comm feed and pipes it into her helmet at a low volume.


Starchief wrote:True to his cover, Starchief doesn't speak much as they walk the slums of Rylor. Only offering the following reply to the concerns about their location. "She's just like I left her." They still haven't fixed up the skyway. The traitors in Control are still well paid I'm sure. I spent so much time away, that I forgot what its like. I need to set something up to support the resistance here.


"You're from around here? Wow. Must be hard seeing it like this then." Aoife isn't the greatest at giving comfort, but she does her best to make sure her tone is supportive.

Skill Rolls
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 62/74% To rehack Tarlock comms if necessary
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 16/74% To rehack Tarlok comms in necessary
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 90/74% To rehack Tarlok comms in necessary
Computer Operation 1d100 = 66/69% For keeping her presence secret
Computer Operation 1d100 = 98/69% For keeping her presence secret
Computer Operation 1d100 = 83/69% For keeping her presence secret
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 2/69% To listen to Tarlok comms and find the useful ones
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 95/69% To listen to Tarlok comms and find the useful ones
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 52/69% To listen to Tarlok comms and find the useful ones
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:03 am

Per: 1d100 = 55/33% +15% from Cybernetics +10% per GM post
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 98
EBA 220/220 N-20B force field 75/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 12/12 clips

Marching along with the team as they head into the city, Solaris asks Starchief, "Any pertinent info about this place?"
Looks like I'm not about to get the full tour. He seems a little more distant than usual.

Descending further into an area that's clearly dangerous, Solaris unclamps her rifle from her back and brings it to the ready, certain that the others will take the hint. Even if they don't, Andra's warning cuts clear any doubt. She does start to hear skittering, like chitin scraping concrete, approaching.

"Eyes up. Keep formation. Let's find some cover.", Solaris suggests. She looks around for rubble or perhaps a destroyed building or vehicle she can use to set up a defensive position. If she sees something, she'll use Force Manipulation to move it if possible, or point it out to Starchief if it's a good defensive position.
((Military Tactics 1d100 = 69/68%; fail))
Knew I should've brought some mines., she thinks ruefully.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 pm

Urqos Meatball wrote:Starchief is taken from his thoughts by the familiar tingle of his Star-Alarm. He slides Champion from its magnetic clamp on his back and transmits over comms "Trouble incoming. Keep your eyes and ears open." When he hears the claws and slithering, he mutters under his breath, "Nazeer."

Juan draws his Magical Clubs from his EBA's leg compartment and strikes them together. One end of each club is capped by a golden ring, and when the make contact with each other, the clubs turn into a large staff. "What is it? Is a nazeer more dangerous than our cargo?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:54 am

<Rolls Held>
Starchief wrote:"Trouble incoming. Keep your eyes and ears open."

Solaris wrote:"Eyes up. Keep formation. Let's find some cover."

Sorrenson gets quite the surprise at this news. Well, so much for the revolving drone coverage... I must be doing this drone thing wrong. you'd have thought I would have spotted them first. Nope, that's not how it works in practice... He activates the Armor of Ithan enchant on his armor. He knows enough to know that if SC tells you trouble is on it's way, then you best prepare. "How much trouble? We talking first or shooting first?" He asks quickly as his finger hovers over the safety to his weapons.

p.p.e. spent: 10
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:33 am

<rolls held>

Starchief wrote:"Trouble incoming. Keep your eyes and ears open."


When Aoife hears this, she quits messing around on the computer and gets her rifle ready. "I've been a bit distracted, sorry. Are we shooting first and then asking questions?"
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 84

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC

Dark Lord wrote:”EXPRESSION OF GRATITUDE, CREWMEMBERS DESIGNATE: CHEF IKTINOS AND AOIFE MCKENNA. APOLOGIES ARE UNNECESSARY, BUT I DO NOTE THAT FEW CREWMEMBERS OF THE DIME STORE MAGIC HAVE BEEN AS SOLICITOUS OF MY EMOTIONAL STATE IN THE PAST.”


Icky laughs as he shuts off his force field. “Oi, chum, as far as I’m concerned yer part o’ da crew – only ya don’t get ta sample me cookin’. Yer loss I reckon.” He adds another chuckle or two. “An’ I’m tellin’ ya, call me ‘Icky.’ I only ‘eard ‘Iktinos’ when I was in trouble back in da Corps.”

As the crew disembarks, he slings his phase beamer and follows Starchief through the streets of the city. As they walk along he takes in the sights, looking for potential signs of trouble. The Tarlok don’t look much like Splugorth, but their hearts are in pretty much the same place. Everything looks fine from a distance… it’s only when you start looking closely that the ugly starts showing up. I’ve been here only a few standard minutes and I want to start wringing their necks -– I can only imagine how ‘Chief feels right about now…

His ruminations are interrupted by a series of comm signals:

Starchief wrote:"Trouble incoming. Keep your eyes and ears open."

Solaris wrote:"Eyes up. Keep formation. Let's find some cover."

Sorrenson wrote:"How much trouble? We talking first or shooting first?"

Aoife wrote:"I've been a bit distracted, sorry. Are we shooting first and then asking questions?"


“I got da feelin’ we ain’t gonna 'ave much need fer questions -- at least beyond ‘what da frell’s a Nazeer?’ an’ ‘did we kill it yet?’ anyway…” Icky grimaces as he powers his force field back up and pulls out his swords. Probably need to keep it up close and personal. Nothing attracts unwelcome attention quite like stray gunfire.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:12 am

Back on the ship, a few of the crew finish talking amongst themselves, and with Datephus, before heading out.
Aoife wrote:"Well Datephus, if you are interested, I can maybe help you find out more. Depending on what kind of help I could get from others, it might even be possible to engineer something that would give you abilities beyond the ship. I can't promise anything though. I've only recently begun studying A.I.'s. But if you want I am willing to try."[/color]
Again, a ~2-second pause. ”APPRECIATIONS, CREWMEMBER DESIGNATE: AOIFE. PROVIDED YOUR EFFORTS DO NOT INTERFERE WITH SHIP OPERATIONS, I HAVE NO OBJECTIONS TO YOUR PROPOSAL.”
Chef Icky wrote:“An’ I’m tellin’ ya, call me ‘Icky.’ I only ‘eard ‘Iktinos’ when I was in trouble back in da Corps.”
”ERROR: FILE NOT FOUND.”

On the streets of Rylor, each of you have your own reactions to the signs of the Tarlok occupation. Despite being hardened to the sight, Starchief fights to keep his emotions under a wave of stoicism- an attitude that does not go unnoticed by Solaris. Juan likewise looks sorrowfully upon the devastation wrought by the Tarlok and bemoans the damage done to what was once a thriving civilization. In contrast, Starchief’s less-than-stellar mood notwithstanding, Sorrenson is having a grand old time.

After communing with his amulet, Sorrenson sets his new drones to a search pattern around the group as you advance. The spy drones, which were programmed for this sort of thing, take the lead while the combat drones make a tighter circle near the group. The urban terrain makes maneuvering for clear lines of sight a challenge at times, but the drones are able to compensate to an extent. Meanwhile, as you move through the bowels of the city, Aoife continues her hack of the Tarlok comms. Her efforts are facilitated when Starchief hands over his ring of tongues- a magical artifact that should enable Aoife to overcome the language barrier (and one not needed by Starchief himself as the man speaks fluent Tarlok). Donning it, Aoife finds herself now able to understand the Tarlok communications, but after a few minutes of flipping through various channels she concludes that it is all routine. Bearing their primary objective in mind, she attempts to locate Transgalactic Empire signals or encryption by hacking a nearby Tarlok signal tower, but while she believes her hack to be successful she uncovers no such signals.

As you near your destination, Starchief alerts the team to his danger sense and identifies the probable hostiles as ‘Nazeer.’ Seconds later, Sorrenson’s drones pick up heat signatures- easily a couple dozen of them, closing on your location. Presumably, these ‘Nazeer’ are some sort of pack animal- the signatures divide and begin angling to come at you from two different directions. That kind of a hostile maneuver does not go unnoticed. As the drones continue to feed Sorrenson telemetry, you notice a small swarm of smaller heat signatures following the pack.

Solaris directs the team to a small open lot (complete with some token vegetation) nearby- there are a couple of old (possibly abandoned) vehicles, and more importantly some decent-sized chunks of rubble that she can pull together to form a modicum of cover. Once situated there Juan draws his clubs, slams them together, and creates a glowing staff courtesy of Thraxus’ “gifts.” Aoife turns away from her computer equipment and draws her weapon, while Sorrenson activates his armor of ithan and takes a defensive position. Solaris uses her super abilities to pull some nearby rubble into makeshift cover, behind which she hunkers down, draws her weapon, and prepares to meet the enemy charge.

You don’t have to wait long. A pack of easily 20 quadripedal, predatory-looking animals converges on your prior position in a pincer move. Spotting you ahead, several of them utter shrieks and move towards you. Starchief recognizes them as Belangial- a nasty predator from Belangial that the Tarlok released onto Seeron to hunt down resistance members.
Beastie.png
Belangial


Begin Round 1!

((Everyone may post one free round of actions- representing attacks on the Belangial before they get into melee range. After that, please post one standard round. You can position yourselves where you wish on the below map, within reason.))

Street 1.jpg
Map- Round 0
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 58
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 12 / 1d100 = 36
OOC Comments
PPE: 117/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100 9.5 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Sorrenson blows out a low whistle when he sees the info coming in from his drones. "We've got a couple of dozen animal-things incoming! They don't look like they're the talky types, so I suppose we're just gunna have to shoot." He calls out over the group channel. He positions himself by the car. I guess this is as good a place as any to be. I can stop them coming 'around the corner' from here. He activates his weapons and opens fire. Damn, this place is way worse than the Slag Heap. What kind of city has critters like this, and lots of 'em, running free?

Before they get into hand to hand combat Sorrenson blasts as many as possible. Once they reach him he alternates between grabbing them and throwing them as far away as the Drudge can manage, which given it's strength should be a decent distance away, and stomping on them!

After combat on the demon planet Sorrenson feels rather relaxed about this fight. He even quietly hums himself a tune:

"Old McTarlok had some ugly critters E-I-E-I-O
With a pew pew here and a pew pew there.
Here a stomp, there a stomp
With a chuck over there and a toss over there.
Then Old McTarlok had no-more critters Eeee---Iiii---Eeee---Iiii---Ohhhhhh"


OOC Comments
Attacks on the Belangial before they get into melee range:
Initiative: 1d20 = 6
APM: 8
Action 1. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 7. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 50
Action 2. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 17. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 30
Action 3. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 18. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 40
Action 4. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 4. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 60
Action 5. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 9. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 50
Action 6. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 18. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 20
Action 7. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 13. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 20
Action 8. Shoot nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 2. Damage from arm blasters 2d4*10 = 70

Attacks on the Belangial once they get into melee range:
Initiative: 1d20 = 7
APM: 8
Action 1. Grab nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 6. Throw the thing as far away as possible
Action 2. Stomp nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 17. Damage from stomp 2d6*10 = 50
Action 3. Grab nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 10. Throw the thing as far away as possible
Action 4. Stomp nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 11. Damage from stomp 2d6*10 = 120
Action 5. Grab nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 6. Throw the thing as far away as possible
Action 6. Stomp nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 23. Damage from stomp 2d6*10 = 70
Action 7. Grab nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 24. Throw the thing as far away as possible
Action 8. Stomp nearest Belangial 1d20+4 = 21. Damage from stomp 2d6*10 = 70

Parries as needed: 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 15

If the AoI is depleted Sorrenson will sacrifice an action to renew it.
Last edited by Sorrenson on Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:50 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 73
JiC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 3

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Moves (Round 0)
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 6
APM: 6
Actions
1. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 18; damage - 3d6 = 13 M.D.
2. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 7 (Natural 1, critical failure); damage - 3d6 = 11 M.D.
3. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 21; damage - 3d6 = 11 M.D.
4. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 26 (Natural 20, x2 damage); damage - 3d6 = 14 x 2 = 28 M.D.
5. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 10; damage - 3d6 = 9 M.D.
6. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 13; damage - 3d6 = 12 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Move to position (if necessary)

Moves (Round 1)
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19
APM: 6
Actions
1. Swing Magical Club at nearest belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 22; damage - 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.
2. Swing Magical Club at nearest belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 13; damage - 1d6*10 = 50 M.D.
3. Swing Magical Club at nearest belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 13; damage - 1d6*10 = 20 M.D.
4. Swing Magical Club at nearest belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 26 (Natural 20, x2 damage); damage - 1d6*10 = 20 x 2 = 40 M.D.
5. Swing Magical Club at nearest belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 19; damage - 1d6*10 = 10 M.D.
6. Swing Magical Club at nearest belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 16; damage - 1d6*10 = 50 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Reactivate Armor of Ithan
2. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 21; damage - 3d6 = 12 M.D.
3. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 13; damage - 3d6 = 11 M.D.
4. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 10; damage - 3d6 = 11 M.D.
5. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 10; damage - 3d6 = 10 M.D.
6. Fire energy blast on nearest Belangial: strike - 1d20+6 = 24; damage - 3d6 = 10 M.D.
Automatic Dodge Rolls
1. 1d20+6 = 26; 2. 1d20+6 = 26; 3. 1d20+6 = 8; 4. 1d20+6 = 15; 5. 1d20+6 = 17; 6. 1d20+6 = 12
Parry Rolls
1. 1d20+8 = 16; 2. 1d20+8 = 17; 3. 1d20+8 = 28; 4. 1d20+8 = 14; 5. 1d20+8 = 24; 6. 1d20+8 = 23

After Solaris reorganizes the park to the Adventurers' advantage Juan Echo moves to cover one of the choke points* (Round 0, Contingency 1). He then takes aim of the nearest belangial, using his Magical Staff as a guide, and fires energy blasts at it (Round 0, Actions 1 - 6). The belangial seem to be pack animals, strength in numbers (and unrelenting ferocity). Juan wonders how the blow worm would hold up against them. Perhaps the lurduuk would have an advantage by zapping them from above.

The cargo on the ship is dangerous enough on its own. You don't need to add local fauna to the mixture, Jonny.

Juan shrugs off the thought and fixes on hitting the approaching critters. When they finally get close enough he strikes at them using his Magical Staff (Round 1, Actions 1 - 6). He jabs and sweeps at the animals to keep them as far away as possible. Obviously some of the creatures will get a swipe in, and if Juan's Armor of Ithan breaks he will immediately reactivate it (Round 1, Contingency 1). If the nearest belangial is out of his staff's range he will then resume firing energy blasts at them (Round 1, Contingencies 2 - 6).

In the course of the battle Juan will shout at Starchief, "Urqos Meatball, are these monsters native to your planet?"

*The map in Dark Lord's post has a subtle grid; if each square is marked by a letter going from left to right and a number going from top to bottom, Juan is in F3.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:48 am

Perception: 1d100 = 74/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 12

Equipment
NE-BA-40 Infantry Medium Body Armor
    M.D.C. by loacation
    • Head: 70
    • Arms: 40 each
    • Legs: 60 each
    • Main Body: 100

NE-50 Particle Beam Rifle
NE-4 Plasma Cartridge Pistol
NE-RV09 Ripper Vibro-Claws


Surprise Round
Initiative 1d20+4 = 17
APM: 9
Action 1: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 15 1d4*10 = 10
Action 2: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 3 1d4*10 = 40
Action 3: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 8 1d4*10 = 10
Action 4: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 17 1d4*10 = 10
Action 5: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 20 1d4*10 = 20
Action 6: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 21CRIT 1d4*10 = 20 x2 40 M.D.
Action 7: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 6 1d4*10 = 30
Action 8: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 6 1d4*10 = 30
Action 9: Shoot Furthest Belangial 1d20+1 = 20 1d4*10 = 20

Contingencies
Move into position if needed.
Firing on one Belangial until it drops then moving to the next.


Round 1
nitiative 1d20+4 = 15
APM: 9
Action 1: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 7 1d4*10 = 40
Action 2: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 6 1d4*10 = 10
Action 3: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 21 CRIT 1d4*10 = 20 40 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 9 1d4*10 = 30
Action 5: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 3 1d4*10 = 40
Action 6: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 2 CRIT FAIL 1d4*10 = 20
Action 7: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 8 1d4*10 = 30
Action 8: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 15 1d4*10 = 40
Action 9: Shoot Nearest Belangial 1d20+1 = 16 1d4*10 = 30
Contingencies
1. Switch to Vibro Claws if they get into melee range.
2. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 31 [CRIT] 3d6 = 10+1d8 = 2 24 M.D.
3. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 17 3d6 = 10+1d8 = 8 18 M.D.
4. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 28 3d6 = 15+1d8 = 4 19 M.D.
5. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 16 3d6 = 10+1d8 = 8 18 M.D.
6. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 13 3d6 = 12+1d8 = 1 13 M.D.
7. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 18 3d6 = 7+1d8 = 4 11 M.D.
8. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 16 3d6 = 12+1d8 = 2 14 M.D.
9. Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 19 3d6 = 3+1d8 = 2 5 M.D.
10.Attack with Vibro-Claws 1d20+11 = 19 3d6 = 13+1d8 = 8 21 M.D.

Auto-Dodge Rolls
1. 1d20+11 = 29 2.1d20+11 = 28 3.1d20+11 = 20 4.1d20+11 = 20 5.1d20+11 = 14 6.1d20+11 = 20 7.1d20+11 = 31 8.1d20+11 = 13 9.1d20+11 = 23

Parry Rolls
1. 1d20+15 = 17 2.1d20+15 = 18 3.1d20+15 = 16 CRIT FAIL 4.1d20+15 = 20 5.1d20+15 = 29 6.1d20+15 = 30 7.1d20+15 = 27 8.1d20+15 = 25 9.1d20+15 = 16


Aoife moves to the other end of the barrier Solaris is at, and begins taking out the trailing attackers. As they close the distance, she switches to picking off the leading edge of them. Once they close the distance to close quarters, she keeps her Particle Rifle in hand but uses her vibro-claws on the beasts. Ahhh...this takes me back, nothing like the feeling of a warmed up particle rifle. Weird wildlife they have around here though.

"Just like the military, travel the stars, see exotic locales, meet the natives, and kill them!" Aoife sounds fairly happy over the comms
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Mara » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 85 / 40% (70% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 98

Conditions: Enhanced Reflexes: +1 APM, +3 to Initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry/dodge. +2 to P.P., +15% to physical skills.

Mara is contemplating her situation while heading to the Ink and Rose. I can't believe I missed my flight! Well Mara, maybe you shouldn't have threatened the captain's life so many times when he didn't want to get involved in the demon war. The Abyss with it, that captain was a coward and he should have gotten involved. Or at least brought me back. I am definitely giving him and his POS cargo ship a shitty one star review on Galactic Yelp whenever I get back to Center. SHe imagines beating the Captain and his annoying first mate, even though she knows she would never actually do it. I still can't believe these Seeronians are, well were, Atlanteans. The eggheads on Alexandria are going to love it. My father would have loved it. She shakes her head to keep her mind from going to a bad place thinking about her parents. These Tarlok bastards deserve their own tortured place in the Abyss for what they have done to my distant cousins. I've seen some bizarre things in my life, especially serving in the Navy, well and my time on Center, but these mutations, the disfigurements, the Tarlok should all die a thousand deaths. Hope I can talk my way into the resistance. Help them and maybe find a way off this rock.

She hears the pack she has been avoiding for the last few hours. Here they come again. She gets ready to hide and then she hears the weapons fire. Shit, someone is caught in the open. Mara you should just move on, this will keep them busy and you can get to the bar. Abyss who am I kidding! Like the foolish Slayer that she is, she runs toward the fight. One of these days I am going to regret these decisions.

What appears to be a very tall young woman in jeans and a t-shirt comes walking out of cover (bottom left of the map) firing a rifle at the beasts. Her arms, shoulders and neck are covered in tattoos. I've been to worse, but this planet is fraked up.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+6 = 12

Action 1: Drops duffel bag and Activate Enhanced Reflexes
Action 2: Takes the MR-15 from her shoulder
Action 3: Fire MR-15 at the creatures closest to her til it drops then the next closest. Strike: 1d20+4 = 12 Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 20
Action 4: Fire MR-15 at the creatures closest to her til it drops then the next closest. Strike: 1d20+4 = 24 CRIT Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 60 x 2 = 120
Action 5: Fire MR-15 at the creatures closest to her til it drops then the next closest. Strike: 1d20+4 = 22 CRIT Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 50 x 2 = 100
Action 6: Fire MR-15 at the creatures closest to her til it drops then the next closest. Strike: 1d20+4 = 19 Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 70
Action 7: Fire MR-15 at the creatures closest to her til it drops then the next closest. Strike: 1d20+4 = 21 Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 20
Action 8: Fire MR-15 at the creatures closest to her til it drops then the next closest. Strike: 1d20+4 = 7 Damage: (1d6*10)+10 = 30

Dodge as needed: 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 22 1d20+14 = 30 1d20+14 = 32 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 15
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288
ISP: 45 / 55
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14

Constant: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:00 am

Per: 1d100 = 55/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 4
EBA 145/220 N-20B force field 75/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 4/12 clips
((OOC: Derp/ I didn't get my armor repaired! /Derp))

Positioning herself near the middle of the group, Solaris takes a look around at the makeshift firing line. Crap, this isn't good., she realizes, but it's too late to make changes as the local wildlife makes it's appearance.

"Light 'em up!", barks the ex-CAF Commander, although she observes it's a pointless order; the team fires a split second before she does.

"Aoife! Icky! Watch our flanks!"
She starts firing cold blasts from her hands (Control the Void) as the beasts approach. Icy blast after icy blast streaks angrily at the creatures rapidly closing in on the team.

At the last possible moment, Solaris puts up a high-gravity field just in front of the final barricade, hoping to give the group at least a little extra shooting time.

As the enemy closes, Solaris pops her omni-blades...er...energy vambraces and gets ready for melee combat. Aoife seems to be having more fun than I am. That's saying something.

A new set of footsteps catches Solaris' ear (or rather her enhanced hearing) and she glances to see a heavily tattooed woman join the fray. Great, and I thought WE were exposed.
"Give her cover! Covering fire!", Solaris shouts, pointing at the woman.

surprise round
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 12
# of Actions: 7

Action 1-6: fire cold blasts at the beasts, Action 7: create high gravity to try and allow more shootin' time
strike 1d20+4 = 5, damage 10d6 = 37 (NAT 1! Go me!)
strike 1d20+4 = 5, damage 10d6 = 33 (NAT 1 AGAIN! WHEEE!)
strike 1d20+4 = 16, damage 10d6 = 26
strike 1d20+4 = 7, damage 10d6 = 30
strike 1d20+4 = 9, damage 10d6 = 36
strike 1d20+4 = 15, damage 10d6 = 32
strike 1d20+4 = 16, damage 10d6 = 46


fighty round
Initiative: 1d20+9 = 21
# of Actions: 7

Action 1: Maintain high gravity field
Action 2-7: fire cold blasts at the beasts, stabby stabby if that's not possible
strike 1d20+4 = 17, damage 10d6 = 36
strike 1d20+4 = 18, damage 10d6 = 43
strike 1d20+4 = 13, damage 10d6 = 35
strike 1d20+4 = 18, damage 10d6 = 37
strike 1d20+4 = 18, damage 10d6 = 32
strike 1d20+4 = 7, damage 10d6 = 44
strike 1d20+4 = 6, damage 10d6 = 36


contingencies
Contingencies:

parry if necessary, roll with punch/fall/impact if hit with physical attack
Parry rolls: 1d20+10 = 16,
1d20+10 = 23,
1d20+10 = 14,
1d20+10 = 18,
1d20+10 = 23,
1d20+10 = 11,
1d20+10 = 21

Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact:
1d20+10 = 23,
1d20+10 = 26,
1d20+10 = 16,
1d20+10 = 12,
1d20+10 = 17,
1d20+10 = 26,
1d20+10 = 13,
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:39 pm

<Rolls held>

Once the shooting starts, something occurs to Sorrenson. Something he's forgotten about. He focuses and reaches out telepathically Hello. Amulet of Understanding. Could I ask you to get the two combat drones to open fire? Please? He gets a sense of the amulet looking around, sort of. If an amulet could do such a thing. Yes, of course. It replies simply. The combat drones open fire. The other drones continue their programmed recon circuit.
Solaris wrote:"Give her cover! Covering fire!"

"Who?" Sorrenson asks, then sees the woman working her way over to the group through the mass of critters. Huh. That woman kinda looks like Mara. Then again all humans kinda look a like to me. He mentally and politely asks the amulet to get the drones to focus on giving the woman covering fire.
OOC Comments
Sorrenson will sacrifice actions in the shooting round if needed to make this request.

Shooting round:
Drone 1
apm:6
initiative:1d20 = 8
Action 1: Strike 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 2: Strike 1d20+2 = 20, Damage: 5d6 = 16
Action 3: Strike 1d20+2 = 5, Damage: 5d6 = 22
Action 4: Strike 1d20+2 = 16, Damage: 5d6 = 21
Action 5: Strike 1d20+2 = 7, Damage: 5d6 = 13
Action 6: Strike 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 14

Drone 2
apm:6
initiative:1d20 = 2
Action 1: Strike 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 2: Strike 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 14
Action 3: Strike 1d20+2 = 11, Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 4: Strike 1d20+2 = 10, Damage: 5d6 = 15
Action 5: Strike 1d20+2 = 16, Damage: 5d6 = 25
Action 6: Strike 1d20+2 = 19, Damage: 5d6 = 10

Round 2
Drone 1
apm:6
initiative:1d20 = 7
Action 1: Strike 1d20+2 = 13, Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 2: Strike 1d20+2 = 7, Damage: 5d6 = 14
Action 3: Strike 1d20+2 = 20, Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 4: Strike 1d20+2 = 6, Damage: 5d6 = 16
Action 5: Strike 1d20+2 = 6, Damage: 5d6 = 12
Action 6: Strike 1d20+2 = 20, Damage: 5d6 = 14

Drone 2
apm:6
initiative:1d20 = 10
Action 1: Strike 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 2: Strike 1d20+2 = 11, Damage: 5d6 = 14
Action 3: Strike 1d20+2 = 5, Damage: 5d6 = 19
Action 4: Strike 1d20+2 = 8, Damage: 5d6 = 21
Action 5: Strike 1d20+2 = 14, Damage: 5d6 = 26
Action 6: Strike 1d20+2 = 10, Damage: 5d6 = 19
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 99

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC

Sorrenson wrote:"We've got a couple of dozen animal-things incoming! They don't look like they're the talky types, so I suppose we're just gunna have to shoot."


"Sounds good ta me..." Icky smirks as he gives his swords a twirl. "Reckon dat saves us da trouble o' askin' questions altogether."

Juan Echo wrote:"Urqos Meatball, are these monsters native to your planet?"


Icky shakes his head. How about asking that a little louder next time, sushi-brain. I think there were a couple Tarlok who didn't hear you out Meatball as a local. Still, it's gratifying to hear others use Icky's nickname for Starchief... and that elicits a grin regardless.

Solaris wrote:"Light 'em up!", barks the ex-CAF Commander, although she observes it's a pointless order; the team fires a split second before she does.

"Aoife! Icky! Watch our flanks!"


"On it!" Icky scans the positions of the others. Juan and Aoife are over there, they've got that flank nailed down. Sorrey could use some close-in support though... he thinks to himself as he relocates next to his new crewmate ((OOC: using Juan's grid suggestion, Icky's going to the area of B2 assuming Sorrenson is on the left hand side of the car)). Been looking forward to getting this new sword broken in anyway, now's as good a time as any. As he holds up Darkwing he continues to muse. Ya know, I should really have some sort of 'battle cry.' Like the Kreeghor that shout 'for the Empire' or the soldiers on New Midgard with their 'for Odin' and so on. I wonder if Dionysus' followers have one? He doesn't seem to be the warrior type. Maybe it's something like 'it's party time' or 'let's get pissed?'

Icky notices the tatted newcomer as Solaris barks out her warning. Well, anyone trying to snuff out these... Nazeer, was it... is a friend of mine at the moment. "Oi dere, Miss Inky! Ya wanna keep dose tats on yer hide, git over 'ere an' git behind some cover!" If the beasts get too close in to her, Icky will move out to her position and lend a hand so she can link up with the group.

As the beasts finally close into range of his swords, his eyes narrow as he tightens his grip on Darkwing and starts bringing it down on the unfortunate misbegotten curs.

"Let's. Get. Dangerous..."

Bonus Round
As Icky isn't using his ranged weapons, he has to wait until they get into range. So nothing going on in the 'bonus round' other than musing and battle crying.


Combat Actions
*NOTES: When wielding Darkwing, Icky's strength is 42 (SN) doing 6d6 MD with a single punch. Also, if these things are of evil alignment it does double damage. Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19, 20.

  1. Cut a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 27; Damage: 12d6 = 45 MD
  2. Chop a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 18; Damage: 12d6 = 46 MD
  3. Slice a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 29 (CRITICAL STRIKE!); Damage: 12d6 = 39 MD
  4. Dice a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 17; Damage: 12d6 = 51 MD
  5. Hack a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 12d6 = 44 MD
  6. Slash a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 24; Damage: 12d6 = 45 MD
  7. Dissever a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15; Damage: 12d6 = 43 MD
  8. Bisect a punk Nazeer/Belangial/whatever the frag it is with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 13; Damage: 12d6 = 37 MD

Parries using Oradro's/Giran's sword: 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 30, 1d20+14 = 25, 1d20+14 = 33, 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 21


Contingencies
- If for some reason he should roll a natural 1 *gasp!* and drop Darkwing he'll sacrifice the very next attack to pick it up.
- If he needs to relocate closer to assist Mara he'll sacrifice as many attacks as necessary to close the distance. He can run 20.7 yards/meters per attack/action.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 6

"Crap, these aren't Nazeer. They're Belangial! Quick bastards. Take em down before they can swarm!"

Starchief holds Champion aloft in his right hand as the predators approach and thinks You ready to do this old man? Champion responds You can't show me anything new, kid. Starchief activates his NB-50 Force Field, slides his Phase Sword from it's magnetic clamp and thinks Here's an old favorite. Champion begins to glow brightly (+3 to strike, dodge and parry for all allies).

Once they are close enough, Starchief leaps forward and engages with the front of the pack. He'll use the Phase Sword to block any incoming attacks while using Champion to slice through the Belangial pack.
Juan Echo wrote:In the course of the battle Juan will shout at Starchief, "Urqos Meatball, are these monsters native to your planet?"

"The Tarlok brought them from our sister planet, Talavera. A planet that they also occupy."
Out of the corner of his eye, he spots someone not from his crew firing on the beasts as well. I don't recognize this Skrayper. We'll have to save the intros for later. Now we fight!
Round 0
Action 1: Hold Champion aloft and aglow (+3 to strike, parry and dodge for all who can see it)
Action 2: Activate force field.
Action 3: Unsheathe Phase Sword.
Actions 4-9: Wait.
Actions 10-11: Rush toward combat.


Round 1
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 24
Action 1: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 24 (Bonus: +9 PP, +4 WP: Sword, +3 Champion) Damage: 7d6 = 21 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 26 (Bonus: +7 PP, +1 Danger Sense, +3 HtH, +2 Armor, +4 WP: Sword, +3 Champion)
Action 2: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 35 CRIT Damage: 7d6 = 20x2=40 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 32
Action 3: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 22 Damage: 7d6 = 18 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 26
Action 4: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 28 Damage: 7d6 = 24 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 33
Action 5: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 18 Damage: 7d6 = 23 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 32
Action 6: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 20 Damage: 7d6 = 21 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 38
Action 7: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 17 NAT1 Damage: 7d6 = 24 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 27
Action 8: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 24 Damage: 7d6 = 20 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 37
Action 9: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 34 CRIT Damage: 7d6 = 20x2=40 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 27
Action 10: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 36 CRIT Damage: 7d6 = 26x2=52 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 32
Action 11: Slash at Belangial with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 22 Damage: 7d6 = 22 Parry with Phase Sword: 1d20+20 = 37

Autododge: 1d20+13 = 161d20+13 = 191d20+13 = 261d20+13 = 261d20+13 = 14 NAT1 1d20+13 = 241d20+13 = 211d20+13 = 241d20+13 = 201d20+13 = 301d20+13 = 33 CRIT


Bad Damage Rolls
Action 1: Damage: 6d6+14 = 32
Action 2: Damage: 6d6+14 = 38
Action 3: Damage: 6d6+14 = 43
Action 4: Damage: 6d6+14 = 40
Action 5: Damage: 6d6+14 = 34
Action 6: Damage: 6d6+14 = 40
Action 7: Damage: 6d6+14 = 40
Action 8: Damage: 6d6+14 = 41
Action 9: Damage: 6d6+14 = 39
Action 10: Damage: 6d6+14 = 34
Action 11: Damage: 6d6+14 = 43
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Forewarned of the incoming assault, you follow Solaris’ lead and take up fighting positions. The two ex-CAF officers, knowing the value of cover, hunker down behind some rubble and a nearby abandoned vehicle, with Sorrenson taking up a flanking position covering the latter. Juan vaults over to the opposite flank from Sorrenson, standing proudly in a choke-point to greet the oncoming onslaught. Icky positions himself opposite Sorrenson from the car, and Starchief takes the middle position between the two melee fighters- drawing his new sword and holding it aloft over his head. As he does so a modest, golden radiance fills the immediate vicinity- Starchief himself is filled with hope and vigor as he does so, but the effect is somewhat lost on the rest of you. Pretty color, though.

As the herd of Belangial round the various corners and make for your former position, you all open fire. Sorrenson and Solaris have trouble locking on to the hunched, swiftly moving forms, but even so many of their blasts connect. With Sorrenson’s support, Juan and Aoife find their shots on point, each downing one of the beasts. Sorrenson remembers his drones, and orders the two combat models on a strafing run- they wound two of the beasts, one of which Solaris finishes off. The heavy combat fire disrupts the group charging you from the south- creatures running into one another and slowing the overall advance. That buys you a slight amount of time, which Solaris exploits with a high-gravity field that freezes four of them in place. Meanwhile, however, the eastern group is headed straight for Juan’s position.

Juan swiftly finds Starchief standing at his side, and the armored duo cut quite the imposing figures as a mass of 10 Belangial charges straight into them. Brandishing his new weapon, Starchief decapitates two of the creatures as the lunge at him, while Juan bashes in the head of a third courtesy of his magical staff. Solaris adds some covering fire, freezing another of the creatures and blowing its heat to chunky pulp. With her position not yet overrun, Aoife adds her own covering fire but has a hard time picking a target in the press of the melee- she blows the head off of another, however.

Meanwhile, three Belangial that evaded Solaris’ high-gravity field charge Sorrenson and Icky. Icky finds himself facing two of the predators, but manages to cleave one in two in a matter of seconds while holding the other at bay long enough to deliver a series of overhanded strokes and literally beat it into the ground. Sorrenson, meanwhile, picks up his Belangial by the scruff of its neck and, ably avoiding the snap of its jaws, hurling it away. The thing charges again, and he grinds it to a pulp beneath the drudge’s heel. While he was occupied, however, the four Belangial locked down by Solaris’ field succeed in dragging themselves out of it, and charge the both of you. Sorrenson is able to crush another one, but the remaining three encircle the powered armor and the minotaur and lash out with jaws snapping ((-34 MDC Icky, -32 MDC Sorrenson)).

Two of the Belangial leap past Starchief and Juan, and head for where Solaris and Aoife are firing under cover. The two ex-soldiers find themselves in a frantic melee, and although neither of you is a stranger to hand-to-hand combat you find yourselves desperately trying to fend off their grasping jaws- these beasts are either crazed, highly aggressive, or simply very lucky but they leave their fair share of marks ((-24 MDC Aoife, -22 MDC Solaris)). Just then a plainly-dressed, human-looking woman (covered in tattoos that those of you who know the Splugorth, or the True Atlanteans, might recognize) appears from behind the herd. She opens fire with some sort of energy rifle and drops both Belangial before they can do any more damage.

Then, Sorrenson’s drones come around for their second pass. One of them buzzes the gang surrounding Sorrenson and Icky, but accidentally gets a little too close ((-16 MDC Icky)) in its haste to wound the Belangial, while the second zaps one of the creatures fighting Juan and Starchief. The latter group lashes out in a frenzy, but both Juan and Starchief easily fend them off.

The remaining beasts shake themselves, and then seem to realize despite their frenzy that in a matter of seconds their herd has been reduced to less than one-third strength. Demoralized, the Belangial begin yelping, and peel off. Several of them wounded and limping, they beat a hasty retreat and if left unmolested will disappear soon.

As you catch your breath after the brief battle, Starchief and Icky both hear guttural voices speaking in the distance. Only Starchief recognizes the language as Tarlok, ”That was weapons’ fire! Double-time, it could be the resistance!”

What are you doing?

Combat Summary
All ammo used as intended.
Icky: -50 MDC
Sorrenson: -32 MDC
Aoife: -24 MDC
Solaris: -22 MDC
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:13 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 30
JiC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 10

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
As the belangial start to scamper away Juan scans to see if any are lingering for one last scrape. Best not to provoke them if they are beating a retreat, though. It's then that he notices the newcomer. He's not sure what she is, urqos to be sure, and deadly. Possibly friendly. The tattoos look vaguely familiar, like something he has encountered before during his travels; some Urqos thing. Juan keeps his Magical Staff up and calls to the woman, "Nice gun. Did you hit your targets?"

If she hasn't yet Juan is ready to return fire. If she turns out to be friendly, Juan will lower his staff to his side and introduce himself. "I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama. And you are?"

After introductions are made, Juan picks up one of the dead belangial by one of its neck plates and holds it up for inspection. It's a fairly large predator, the type of aggressive beast that prefers to hunt alone and establish dominance, and yet this one hunts in packs. Juan would dread to encounter a group of them on his own. "What diabolical creatures." He turns to Starchief and says, "If this is the best contribution the Tarlok brought to this planet then they are a real shitty alien race." Not Urqos, brother? "Not even Urqos. It's a dreadful thing to let packs of those monsters roam the streets to prey on innocent Urqos."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Mara » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 16 / 40% (70% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 8

Conditions: Enhanced Reflexes: +1 APM, +3 to Initiative, +1 to strike, +2 to parry/dodge. +2 to P.P., +15% to physical skills.

Mara sees how the battle went, Well maybe there was no need for me to rush into combat, they seem to know what they are doing. Hope this is the resistance? If so I'll be a little impressed. She picks up her duffel and heads over cautiously trying to look as nonthreatening as possible.

Juan Echo wrote: Juan keeps his Magical Staff up and calls to the woman, "Nice gun. Did you hit your targets?"

Mara nods to the large man in Naruni armor and flashes him a smile, "Almost every time. Love this old rifle, though I prefer to go toe to toe. I thought I was going to be doing some rescuing when it sounded like this pack found some victims, but I thought wrong, you all handled yourself well."
Juan Echo wrote: If she hasn't yet Juan is ready to return fire. If she turns out to be friendly, Juan will lower his staff to his side and introduce himself. "I am Juan Echo, the Wandering God of the Yayamama. And you are?"

She smiles, Wandering god??? "Well pleased to meet you Juan Echo, I am Mara Archerean, Undead Slayer of the True Atlantean Clan Archerean, presently from Alexandria. Are you part of the resistance hereabout." SHe steels herself just in case that was a mistaken question. She looks over the others, "you all seem well equipped and well armored, maybe a little too equipped to be the rag tag resistance I heard about?"

Then she catches sight of an all too familiar Drudge PA. It can't be? Too crazy! "Sorrenson is that you? Holy Abyss, is this the Rogues?" She waits for a response.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 288
ISP: 45 / 55
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14

Constant: Sixth Sense
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 22 34%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 14 / 1d100 = 13
OOC Comments
PPE: 117/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 62/100 9 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Sorrenson smiles to himself as the last of the critters run away. Ah yes, on of the benefits of being part of a solid team. I have to admit, I’m rather fond of surviving fights. “Nice work bit of work that. Don’t think these critters will bother us again.”

Mara wrote:"Well pleased to meet you Juan Echo, I am Mara Archerean, Undead Slayer of the True Atlantean Clan Archerean, presently from Alexandria... Sorrenson is that you? Holy Abyss, is this the Rogues?"

Sorrenson turns to face the new woman when he hears the name ‘Mara’. Inside his PA be breaks into a huge smile. A half formed flash-back of the drugs he took at Carmen’s fills his mind. BUBBLES! BEER BUBBLES! The rogue bubbles were all gone so it was time to move on.... Now here is one that found it’s way back. Freaking crazy! Or is it? Maybe it’s completely sensible... “HELL YEAH It’s Sorrenson! Mara!?! What’s a nice humanoid like you doing in a place like this?” His suit takes several steps towards her and he pops it partially open, so he can see her with his own eyes. He apparently considers giving her a hug, judging from the Drudge’s shuffling movements, but decides against it. “Holy shite! It really is you! Good to see ya! I’ve missed you! What in the funk are you doing here? I thought you had to bail from Mr. T’s dinner because of a family emergency.” He turns to the others. “Hey guys! This is Mara. She was the leader of the GR for a while. She’s legit good people. Mara, these are the GA. Another bunch of Mr T’s goons. Did you make it to the dinner, most of these guys were there...” He turns back to Mara and pauses. “Mara, I’m sorry but The Rogues you knew, we knew, are dead or gone.” He anounces quietly. Oh Sorrenson! You dickhead! Way to bring the mood waaaay down! On the other hand, I think that Mara’s the kind that would want to know.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 80/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 2

As the Belangial retreat, Starchief slides his swords into their magnetic clamps on his back. "Welcome to Seeron, Adventurers."

Juan Echo wrote:"What diabolical creatures." He turns to Starchief and says, "If this is the best contribution the Tarlok brought to this planet then they are a real shitty alien race." Not Urqos, brother? "Not even Urqos. It's a dreadful thing to let packs of those monsters roam the streets to prey on innocent Urqos."

"Real shitty indeed. They've subjugated the races of this system for their own conquests. The creatures we fought were from our sister planet, Talavera. Those were Belangial or Talaveran Dirtrunners. The Tarlok use them to flush out and hunt Skraypers. Real nasty creatures."

Hearing the voices in the distance, Starchief says to the rest of his crew "Introductions will have to wait. Tarlok inbound. Let's move out!" Starchief leads the crew toward their destination of the Ink and Rose. If the Tarlok should catch up with them, he'll allow Solaris to do the talking, remaining silent in his armor in the back of the crowd.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 99

Aoife looks around at the dead animals, "Nice fauna you have here Cap, very welcoming. Makes me want to pitch a tent and break out the marshmallows ya know?" Either that or thermobaric bombs. But I imagine those would be as bad for the property value as the Tarlok have been. Then again, we got greeted with an antimatter bomb. I guess it's true, once you're in this life, it is hard to escape it. She checks the energy charge on her rifle, then makes sure her piston is in easy reach before turning to the newcomer.

Mara wrote:She smiles, Wandering god??? "Well pleased to meet you Juan Echo, I am Mara Archerean, Undead Slayer of the True Atlantean Clan Archerean, presently from Alexandria. Are you part of the resistance hereabout." SHe steels herself just in case that was a mistaken question. She looks over the others, "you all seem well equipped and well armored, maybe a little too equipped to be the rag tag resistance I heard about?"


"Nice shooting...Mara you said it was? I'm Aoife, I guess it's a pleasure to meet you. Wouldn't have put this planet down as a place to make new friends personally." Aoife introduces herself, then remembering what she had been doing before the attack, checks the comm channels for anything about their situation. If there are any reports of weapons fire from their vicinity, she will try and reroute them and get them lost in other comm chatter. She also checks to make sure the program scanning for TGE frequencies is still running. Well, someone else tangled up in this mess. I need to get back to doing what I was doing. With how things on this planet are going, I think the Cap's informant or whatever is going to be either dead, an enemy, or a trap. Let's see what all these comm channels have for me.

Starchief wrote:As the Belangial retreat, Starchief slides his swords into their magnetic clamps on his back. "Welcome to Seeron, Adventurers."

"Real shitty indeed. They've subjugated the races of this system for their own conquests. The creatures we fought were from our sister planet, Talavera. Those were Belangial or Talaveran Dirtrunners. The Tarlok use them to flush out and hunt Skraypers. Real nasty creatures."

Hearing the voices in the distance, Starchief says to the rest of his crew "Introductions will have to wait. Tarlok inbound. Let's move out!" Starchief leads the crew toward their destination of the Ink and Rose. If the Tarlok should catch up with them, he'll allow Solaris to do the talking, remaining silent in his armor in the back of the crowd.


"What is a Skrayper Cap? And why on earth would it take those things to flush them out?" Aoife starts a little when she finds out the Tarlok are inbound already, but gets moving quickly, as she has no desire to get into a firefight with no purpose to it. They must have been close. How many of those ugly things are living here?

Skill Rolls
Computer Operation 1d100 = 23 69% (keep the tap on Tarlok comms open)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 58 69% (keep the link to the transmission tower)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 57/69% (rerouting or blocking any Tarlok reports of weapons fire near us)
Electronic Countermeasures 1d100 = 10/69% (rerouting or blocking any Tarlok reports of weapons fire near us)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 15/74% (in case any of this requires me to hack into the network more)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 21/74% (in case any of this requires me to hack into the network more)
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:27 am

<Rolls carry>

Urqos Meatball wrote:Hearing the voices in the distance, Starchief says to the rest of his crew "Introductions will have to wait. Tarlok inbound. Let's move out!" Starchief leads the crew toward their destination of the Ink and Rose. If the Tarlok should catch up with them, he'll allow Solaris to do the talking, remaining silent in his armor in the back of the crowd.

Still holding the belangial, Juan says, "Well maybe we ought to complain to them about having to kill their vermin. The way Urqos Solaris has been handling the tarlok they might replace our expended ammunition." There is a hint of sarcasm in his tone, but he looks quickly at Solaris and Starchief. The truth, or part of it at the very least, can be a good cover story.

He then takes a micro-grenade from his launcher and sets the timer to one minute and puts it in the palm of Sorrenson's PA. "I reckon you have the best arm, Urqos Boxie, so throw this that way as far as you can. It's delayed to a minute and should buy us some time to run. Which way should we toss the grenade Urqos Meatball?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:57 am

<Rolls held>
Juan Echo wrote:"I reckon you have the best arm, Urqos Boxie, so throw this that way as far as you can. It's delayed to a minute and should buy us some time to run. Which way should we toss the grenade Urqos Meatball?"

Sorrenson look at the grenade in the palm of the Drudge and frowns. It was going so well too... Then god-of-unexpected-live-grens hands me a gren I can't possibly toss... Gotta have 50 seconds at least. He turns to face Juan and starts to dress him down. His voice steadily raising in volume. "Did you just hand me a fucking live grenade without me expressly asking for it? Yes, yes you did! Now, I know you told me to throw it away. Normally would be fine, if a touch dodgy being in a urban environment and all. Don't wanna toss this thing at the feet of some homeless dude do I? No, I don't! But I'd probably risk it, it's not like there isn't other unexploded ordnance just lying around in a place like this. The real problem Juan, is that I'm half fucking suited up! I cant throw shit. In fact, I'm pretty sure that in the process of suiting up that palm rotates to the left and that live gren is gunna drop to the ground and roll away. Some days Juan you are a right fucking spoon!"

Sorrenson gives Juan an evil eye and then closes his eyes and reaches out to the Amulet of Understanding. Ahem, Hello Amulet of Understanding. May I interrupt you for a second? The Amulet responds straight away, it isn't being interrupted this time. Mr Sorrenson, hello. Well, you've got quiet a little situation on you hands! (Ha! get it? yes yes of course you do!) I expect you'd like to ask for my assistance in disarming that NE Micro Grenade in the palm of your modified NE Drudge Powered Armor. The grenade that will explode in 38 seconds. The grenade that you can't throw away, or run away from, or really do anything about because you're not fully, and correctly, ensconced in you suit. Is that correct? A pit grows in Sorrenson's stomach, this isn't what he expected. Yes, your help would be greatly appreciated. The amulet chuckles and the bottom falls out of the pit in Sorrenson's stomach. Well I shan't. You've been caught with your pants down. I want to see how you deal with this. I've calculated 17 possible 'favorable' outcomes. 3 of which you avoid injury completely. Along with 42 'unfavorable' outcomes. As for the why? Because I think this is funny. I don't find much funny anymore. Good day. 29 seconds. No pressure. Sorrenson can't see it but he knows the amulet is smiling.

Sorrenson opens his eyes and sighs. "With friends like this..." He mutters to himself. I hope this works... He frees his right hand from his control glove and lets the gren drop to the ground. He manually casts (half strength) a quick and sloppy Energy Field over the gren. The intention is that the gren will detonate safely under the field and no one gets hurt. He then moves the Drudge several steps away and turns so that his PA's back is exposed to any uncontained blast and finishes his suiting up process. He moves out with the others, grumbling to himself as he goes.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:40 pm

<Rolls carry>

Juan tilts his head to a near tilt as Sorrenson and says, "I didn't start the timer. And most of the area is clear after the belangial attacked us. (Though the energy field is a nice touch.) But if you start the timer and throw the grenade now, it will detonate and cause a disturbance that should call away any tarlok close by."

If/when Sorrenson picks up and throws the grenade, and when the time permits Juan will say to Sorrenson, "We really should talk about your hostility to religion. Did you have a bad experience with a God? Did Zeus inappropriately touch you or a family member? He inappropriately touches everyone and their family members (even his own)."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:05 pm

<rolls carry>

Aoife looks at Juan and Sorrenson, a look of amusement on her face. "Hey guys, if you need lessons on how to get something primed and ready to explode I think I have a manual somewhere." Not sure if I should laugh or not. It would have been funny if that had been armed. Pretty sure that PA could handle the blast. "But Juan, why would we want to throw any explosives, that is just going to put anyone more on guard. We haven't done anything wrong, no reason to put the local cops on edge right?"

After a moment, she whispers over the comm channels "You two do make a cute married couple though."
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:38 am

Per: 1d100 = 95/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 96
EBA 145/220 N-20B force field 53/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 12/12 clips

After the encounter, Solaris checks that everyone is all right and that their weapons are loaded and in working order. "Any other wildlife we should know about, Andra?"

Time to meet this straggler.

"Good to meet you, Mara.", Solaris nods, walking up and offering her hand.
"Any friend of Sorrenson's -"

Solaris sighs at the chatter of Juan and Sorrenson.

"-is welcome to slap the ever loving shite out of him."

She whistles loudly and announces, "You heard the Captain, MOVE OUT!"
I guess I can't expect non military types to keep discipline...
She'll start dragging people along physically if she has to, in order to get them going.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:41 am

<Rolls held>
Juan Echo wrote:"I didn't start the timer."
What? Oh, you gotta be kidding me! The Drudge's shoulders slump as it's head looks at Juan and then at the grenade. While Sorrenson's brain is trying to digest what just happened he's interrupted by the hysterical laughter of the Amulet of Understanding. Bah ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha! Confused for a second, Sorrenson then understands what is so funny, takes a deep breath and responds telepathically to it. You knew! You knew the timer wasn't set! You... you...bloody bastard! 42 'unfavorable' outcomes, my arse! 'No pressure'... You know, I'd be angry if I wasn't so surprised. Well, Mr Amulet of Understanding I did not expect that from you. Well played sir, well played. He starts clapping his hands together slowly. The Drudge copies. He waits for the Amulet to pull himself together. Ah ha ha... I haven't laughed like that for quite some decades. Mr Sorrenson, for that I thank you. I also see that while this hurts your pride, you have the wit to take it all in good fun. For that you have a slight measure of respect. I must say this Juan Echo chap is quite the hoot! Good Day! The amulet responds before going silent once more.

He turns to Juan. "Um, sorry about that. I though it was a live grenade... randomly handing me a live grenade just seemed like something you'd totally do." Assuming it doesn't go off he picks it back up and tosses it to Juan. "Keep it. Throwing it in a somewhat random direction wasn't your best idea."
Solaris wrote:"Any friend of Sorrenson's is welcome to slap the ever loving shite out of him."
Me? He started it! Sorrenson thinks to himself.
Aoife wrote:"You two do make a cute married couple though."
Sorrenson can't help but laugh a little to Aoife's comment as they move out as instructed.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

PreviousNext

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest