[GA] Back in the Saddle

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 81/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 29

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 60/110 MDC

Starchief wrote:As the Belangial retreat, Starchief slides his swords into their magnetic clamps on his back. "Welcome to Seeron, Adventurers."
Juan Echo wrote:"What diabolical creatures. If this is the best contribution the Tarlok brought to this planet then they are a real shitty alien race. Not even Urqos. It's a dreadful thing to let packs of those monsters roam the streets to prey on innocent Urqos."

"Real shitty indeed. They've subjugated the races of this system for their own conquests. The creatures we fought were from our sister planet, Talavera. Those were Belangial or Talaveran Dirtrunners. The Tarlok use them to flush out and hunt Skraypers. Real nasty creatures."


“I dunno dat ‘nasty’ is a good ‘nuff word for ‘em, Meatball…” Icky wipes the blood off his sword blades on the Belangial bodies before giving them a final twirling flourish and sliding them back into their sheaths. “Between dem an’ dose spark-happy luurduks, I’ve ‘bout ‘ad it wit’ live critters fer a while…” he adds as he switches his force field back off. Best not to waste it, he mutters to himself. Probably gonna need every last drop before it’ll get a chance to recharge the battery. Here’s hoping we get enough of a breather for it to get back up to full strength before I need it again. He pauses a moment. Wait a minute…

He clicks his armor’s comlink so he doesn’t have to say it loudly enough for unfriendly ears to hear. “Oi, Meatball, ya said dese critters hunt down resistance folks. Ya don’t reckon dey could tell ya were one o’ dem, do ya?” If they can track him, then that’s going to make our moving around a whole lot more interesting. As in the worst possible kind of ‘interesting.’ Here’s hoping that was just a random act of violence.
OOC Comments
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 98/99% (to radio to just the group on private frequency)


While waiting for a response, he turns his attention to the tattooed lady who showed up out of nowhere to help them out -- or more specifically, to the interaction between her, Juan and Sorrenson.

Sorrenson wrote:
Mara wrote:"Well pleased to meet you Juan Echo, I am Mara Archerean, Undead Slayer of the True Atlantean Clan Archerean, presently from Alexandria... Sorrenson is that you? Holy Abyss, is this the Rogues?"

“HELL YEAH It’s Sorrenson! Mara!?! What’s a nice humanoid like you doing in a place like this?” His suit takes several steps towards her and he pops it partially open, so he can see her with his own eyes. He apparently considers giving her a hug, judging from the Drudge’s shuffling movements, but decides against it. “Holy shite! It really is you! Good to see ya! I’ve missed you! What in the funk are you doing here? I thought you had to bail from Mr. T’s dinner because of a family emergency.” He turns to the others. “Hey guys! This is Mara. She was the leader of the GR for a while. She’s legit good people. Mara, these are the GA. Another bunch of Mr T’s goons. Did you make it to the dinner, most of these guys were there...” He turns back to Mara and pauses. “Mara, I’m sorry but The Rogues you knew, we knew, are dead or gone.” He anounces quietly.


Clan Archerean? That explains the tattoos… He nods in her direction. “Yup, thought ya looked familiar. Da slinky red dress dat was chattin’ it up wit’ Kesslan ‘fore high-tailin’ it outta da joint. Ya missed a killer dinner, Miss Inky, ‘especially da demonic invasion dat got served up fer dessert an’ coffee.” Funny, all this time I couldn’t help but wonder if she left early because she knew what was about to go down… but if Sorrenson vouches for her that strongly, she must be okay. He shrugs slightly as Solaris makes her own introduction.

Solaris wrote: "Good to meet you, Mara.", Solaris nods, walking up and offering her hand.
"Any friend of Sorrenson's... is welcome to slap the ever loving shite out of him."


Icky can’t help but laugh. “Oi, we’re ‘is friends too -- when we gonna get da chance to slap da ever-lovin’ shite outta ‘im? I was told dere’d be shite-slappin’!”

Solaris wrote:She whistles loudly and announces, "You heard the Captain, MOVE OUT!"


“Roger dat…” Icky nods. “I don’t need ta speak da language ta get da message.” He follows Starchief/Solaris wherever they’re going, carrying anyone who needs more fleet-of-foot transportation courtesy of his ant-grav pack.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 pm

You let the tattered remnants of the Belangial herd go; Starchief’s warning about some new, incoming Tarlok (and an excellent drill sergeant impersonation by Solaris) cut down your willingness to linger in the area but not on the idle chatter. Mara approaches the group shortly thereafter, initially impressed by how easily you fended off the critters before she recognizes Sorrenson’s heavily-modded Drudge. Polite introductions give way to a joyous reunion as the two ex-Rogues greet one another, which in turn gives way to a near-catastrophe as Juan starts tossing around a small explosive.

After a brief misunderstanding in which Sorrenson panics at what he thinks is live ordinance, and is about to shield it from the group, before being corrected by Juan and admonished by… nearly everyone present, Juan reclaims his grenade and a hair-brained idea to distract the Tarlok via another explosion inside the city limits falls by the wayside. Sporting a classic ‘why me’ attitude, and a little invective at Juan and Sorrenson’s continued antics, Solaris gets their butts in gear. Mara, equally eager to catch up with her former teammate, avoid Tarlok custody, and maybe bum a ride home tags along. It turns out they all had the same idea anyway- go to meet the resistance. Aoife keeps an ear on the Tarlok comms, and overhears the ground patrol radio in its findings.
Aoife
”Central, this is Spurbull Seventeen on patrol near co-ordinates alpha-one-four-three-charlie. Weapons fire identified, checking out possible resistance operation, over.” Central acknowledges the report and instructs the Spurbull to keep an open channel.

While not moving at top speed, you remain acutely aware of the nearby Tarlok presence and so double-time it to the Ink and Rose. You make the last half-mile no problem, without any sign of the Tarlok. From the outside, the bar is nothing special- just like any one of a million seedy dives in a million seedy cities on a million (usually) seedy planets. It looks to be a mixed-use building, definitely older construction. It’s squat, maybe two to two and a half stories, with the upper residential-looking level looking to have some sort of wood paneling and the lower bar-level sporting rough stone walls. There isn’t even lit neon announcing its presence, just a retro-kitsch painted sign and some grimy stairs leading down and in. The skyscrapers towering above you cast long shadows, and a darkened alley filled with more than its fair share of garbage stretches along the left side of the building. Somewhat unusual for construction in Rylor, it is a completely detached structure (they don’t build ‘em like they used to).

Worse yet, Sorrenson realizes with a start that his Drudge won’t fit inside the bar entrance. The techno-wizard stands there, puzzled, when a bouncer-looking fellow opens a peephole at the top. ”Gotta have the password to get in here, meat. And no way you’re bringing that shit inside- last thing we want is the Tarlok coming down on us for possession of contraband alien tech. And heavy weapons?!?!? You gotta be freaking kidding me. What the hell are you guys, bounty hunters or sumthin’?”
Starchief
The joint wasn’t password-protected the last time you were here- they must have upped their security.


What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 am

Per: 1d100 = 17/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 7
EBA 145/220 N-20B force field 53/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 12/12 clips

Behind her helmet's faceplate, Solaris scowls at the bouncer.

We could force our way in. And there would be a certain satisfaction in exploding this meathead's face, but I guess we should be more subtle. For now.

She taps her radio and suggests to Starchief, "We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

If she needs to leave her rifle outside, she'll hand it off to either Icky or Sorrenson but try to keep her GR pistol and Phase Pistol. If she needs to discard one of those, she'll keep the Phase Pistol since it can hurt almost anything.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 28
OOC Comments
PPE: 117/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 62/100 2 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

The Drudge nods when the bouncer says they have leave the PA outside. Sorrenson decides not to reply though, as he has absolutely no idea about what the password might be. Fair enough, it's not like the Drudge will fit anyway.
Solaris wrote:"We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

That could work. Besides this place looks like a real dive. I'm not sure I wanna go in anyway. The ratanoid thinks to himself. "If you want me to hang around outside I don't mind. Or I could just park the Drudge in that alley way and make a pile of trash to hide it behind and come in with you. I'd hide it behind trash so it attracts less attention. In fact, even if I stay outside that's probably what I'd do anyway. Up to you guys." He replies as his PA points towards the alley down the side of the building. He reaches out to the Amulet of Understanding to ask it to arrange the drones so he has a view of all four sides of the building. It acknowledges the request and it does so by placing the combat and destucto drones on good vantage points and leaves the spy drone to rove around in case something else pops up.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 58

Aoife looks at the bar with an appraising eye. Well, not the worst watering hole I've seen. At least it has four walls and doors. I wonder if the drinks are any good? As she waits for the Captain to figure out how to get them in the door, she takes a better look at the tattooed woman they just met. "Mara right? Pretty handy with a gun. Kinda lucky us running into each other like that. What brings you to this kind of backwater?" Okay, so small talk is not my thing. But hey, I'm making an effort here. If nothing else it looks like she is staying for a bit. And she knows Sorrenson. Which is I suppose more of a reference than I had.

Aoife also keeps an ear out on the comm chatter of the Tarlok patrol, so the team can have some advance warning if they head this way.

Skill Rolls
Computer Operation 1d100 = 100/69% (keeping the comm channel hack open)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 53/74% (Keeping it undetected)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 64/69% (keeping the transmission tower hack up)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 41/74% (Keeping it undetected)
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 68
JiC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 75

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Juan picks up the micro-grenade and puts it at the bottom of his clip. The energy field should dissipate well before he has to fire his grenade launcher again. He doesn't understand everyone's antipathy to decoy explosions. The random and regular use of explosives is a hallmark of Yayamama combat*, and besides, the Tarlok are expecting more explosions and looking for anyone to arrest as a suspected terrorist. The blasts would have left the Tarloks running in a different direction.

Outside the bar...
Surly Bouncer wrote:"Gotta have the password to get in here, meat. And no way you’re bringing that shit inside- last thing we want is the Tarlok coming down on us for possession of contraband alien tech. And heavy weapons?!?!? You gotta be freaking kidding me. What the hell are you guys, bounty hunters or sumthin’?"

"We aren't bounty hunters, but if you're looking for someone to take down some Tarlok name your price," Juan replies with a devilish grin. (Charm (80%): 1d100 = 80 - Success!) He turns back to the team and says, "Honestly, I have never met a group of Urqos that I've disliked so immediately as the Tarlok." What about the Kreeghor? "Well except maybe the Kreeghor. Huh, maybe they want us to hunt some Kreeghor for them? That would be a nice coincidence."

* Yayamama battles have been described alternatively as 'harrowing tests of mettle and skill' by mercenaries hired to boost deities' armies and 'among the most artless and arbitrary ever witnessed within the Three Galaxies' by the few military historians that have knowledge of the Yayamama warfare.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 56/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 46

Aoife wrote:"What is a Skrayper Cap? And why on earth would it take those things to flush them out?"

"The Skraypers are the resistance. We're the ones who fight back. We would meet in the burned out and unfinished skyscrapers around this planet to avoid detection and the name just stuck. The Tarlok use those beasts and more to try and take us down. But as you can see, we're still here."

At the news of a password, Andra grimaces a little bit behind his opaque visor. Of course. Hell, there should have been a password years ago. Starchief steps to the front of the group and opens his visor. "Tell Agent D an old friend... Tell him the Chief is here to see him." (Trust: 1d100 = 66/92%) Starchief waits to see if the door person goes to get someone and then chats with his team.
Sorrenson wrote:
Solaris wrote:"We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

"If you want me to hang around outside I don't mind. Or I could just park the Drudge in that alley way and make a pile of trash to hide it behind and come in with you. I'd hide it behind trash so it attracts less attention. In fact, even if I stay outside that's probably what I'd do anyway. Up to you guys."

He turns to Sorrenson. "The Drudge won't fit inside here. Post up outside and let us know if anything comes our way. We can hide the heavy stuff in a trash pile right next to you. Keep a sidearm at all times."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 30

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 60/110 MDC (?)

Dark Lord wrote:While not moving at top speed, you remain acutely aware of the nearby Tarlok presence and so double-time it to the Ink and Rose. You make the last half-mile no problem, without any sign of the Tarlok. From the outside, the bar is nothing special- just like any one of a million seedy dives in a million seedy cities on a million (usually) seedy planets. It looks to be a mixed-use building, definitely older construction. It’s squat, maybe two to two and a half stories, with the upper residential-looking level looking to have some sort of wood paneling and the lower bar-level sporting rough stone walls. There isn’t even lit neon announcing its presence, just a retro-kitsch painted sign and some grimy stairs leading down and in. The skyscrapers towering above you cast long shadows, and a darkened alley filled with more than its fair share of garbage stretches along the left side of the building. Somewhat unusual for construction in Rylor, it is a completely detached structure (they don’t build ‘em like they used to).


Icky wrinkles his nose a bit. "Not da worst place I ever gone boozin' in..." he shrugs. " But I ain't orderin' off da menu 'till I get a peek at da kitchen." Crappy kitchen, crappy food. At least we're not here for dinner.

Dark Lord wrote:Worse yet, Sorrenson realizes with a start that his Drudge won’t fit inside the bar entrance. The techno-wizard stands there, puzzled, when a bouncer-looking fellow opens a peephole at the top. ”Gotta have the password to get in here, meat. And no way you’re bringing that shit inside- last thing we want is the Tarlok coming down on us for possession of contraband alien tech. And heavy weapons?!?!? You gotta be freaking kidding me. What the hell are you guys, bounty hunters or sumthin’?”


"Actually, chummer, I'm more what ya'd call a priest -- or least, a priest in trainin'. Kinda." Icky snorts. "But if ya gotta good 'nuff bounty on someone, I'll say a prayer fer da poor goit when we bring 'im in."

Sorrenson wrote:
Solaris wrote:"We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

"If you want me to hang around outside I don't mind. Or I could just park the Drudge in that alley way and make a pile of trash to hide it behind and come in with you. I'd hide it behind trash so it attracts less attention. In fact, even if I stay outside that's probably what I'd do anyway. Up to you guys."


"Take a look 'round, Chuckles..." Icky shakes his head. "Ya leave dat suit out 'ere wit'out an eye on it for five standard minutes, yer comin' back ta nuthin' but a stripped-down chassis up on blocks an' some scavver tryin' ta sell ya yer own parts next street over. C'mon, I'll stay out 'ere wit' ya an' da two o' us will keep an eye on da place. Oi Goldie, bring us out a pint or two when ya get a chance, willya?"

Once everyone else goes inside, he finds as inconspicuous a spot as possible so he can keep eyes on Sorrenson, the bar, and any Tarlok activity. To further sell the "pay no attention to the large minotaur on the sidewalk" image, he pulls up some of his favorite recipes on his PHC and starts browsing. Or at least pretending to.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:46 am

<Rolls held>
Starchief wrote:"The Drudge won't fit inside here. Post up outside and let us know if anything comes our way. We can hide the heavy stuff in a trash pile right next to you. Keep a sidearm at all times."

Sorrenson nods. Good, I wasn't that keen on going in there. He looks over at pile of trash. Well, if that pile is an attractive alternative that says a lot! He moves over to the alley and starts making a space for himself to wait in. "Whoa... This trash is nasty! It even grosses me out, and I'm part rodent... I like trash in general. This is just a waste of trash. If they picked it up in a timely manner there would be all sorts of good usable stuff in here. If you guys wanna stash your stuff here I'd suggest putting it in bag. Double bagging it would be better. Otherwise I'm afraid we won't be able to get the stink out. Ever." He looks around for a bag, box or something to put the teams heavier weapons in.
Chef Icky wrote: "Ya leave dat suit out 'ere wit'out an eye on it for five standard minutes, yer comin' back ta nuthin' but a stripped-down chassis up on blocks an' some scavver tryin' ta sell ya yer own parts next street over. C'mon, I'll stay out 'ere wit' ya an' da two o' us will keep an eye on da place. Oi Goldie, bring us out a pint or two when ya get a chance, willya?"

Sorrenson is relieved to have some company outside. "Cool. Icky, you got a heads up display in your armor? I could patch in the drone feed if you want." Sorrenson asks the Amulet of Understanding to transmit a feed of the drones info over to Icky so he can watch it too, if he wants.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Previous

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest