[GA] Back in the Saddle

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:34 am

Perception: 1d100 = 81/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 29

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 60/110 MDC

Starchief wrote:As the Belangial retreat, Starchief slides his swords into their magnetic clamps on his back. "Welcome to Seeron, Adventurers."
Juan Echo wrote:"What diabolical creatures. If this is the best contribution the Tarlok brought to this planet then they are a real shitty alien race. Not even Urqos. It's a dreadful thing to let packs of those monsters roam the streets to prey on innocent Urqos."

"Real shitty indeed. They've subjugated the races of this system for their own conquests. The creatures we fought were from our sister planet, Talavera. Those were Belangial or Talaveran Dirtrunners. The Tarlok use them to flush out and hunt Skraypers. Real nasty creatures."


“I dunno dat ‘nasty’ is a good ‘nuff word for ‘em, Meatball…” Icky wipes the blood off his sword blades on the Belangial bodies before giving them a final twirling flourish and sliding them back into their sheaths. “Between dem an’ dose spark-happy luurduks, I’ve ‘bout ‘ad it wit’ live critters fer a while…” he adds as he switches his force field back off. Best not to waste it, he mutters to himself. Probably gonna need every last drop before it’ll get a chance to recharge the battery. Here’s hoping we get enough of a breather for it to get back up to full strength before I need it again. He pauses a moment. Wait a minute…

He clicks his armor’s comlink so he doesn’t have to say it loudly enough for unfriendly ears to hear. “Oi, Meatball, ya said dese critters hunt down resistance folks. Ya don’t reckon dey could tell ya were one o’ dem, do ya?” If they can track him, then that’s going to make our moving around a whole lot more interesting. As in the worst possible kind of ‘interesting.’ Here’s hoping that was just a random act of violence.
OOC Comments
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 98/99% (to radio to just the group on private frequency)


While waiting for a response, he turns his attention to the tattooed lady who showed up out of nowhere to help them out -- or more specifically, to the interaction between her, Juan and Sorrenson.

Sorrenson wrote:
Mara wrote:"Well pleased to meet you Juan Echo, I am Mara Archerean, Undead Slayer of the True Atlantean Clan Archerean, presently from Alexandria... Sorrenson is that you? Holy Abyss, is this the Rogues?"

“HELL YEAH It’s Sorrenson! Mara!?! What’s a nice humanoid like you doing in a place like this?” His suit takes several steps towards her and he pops it partially open, so he can see her with his own eyes. He apparently considers giving her a hug, judging from the Drudge’s shuffling movements, but decides against it. “Holy shite! It really is you! Good to see ya! I’ve missed you! What in the funk are you doing here? I thought you had to bail from Mr. T’s dinner because of a family emergency.” He turns to the others. “Hey guys! This is Mara. She was the leader of the GR for a while. She’s legit good people. Mara, these are the GA. Another bunch of Mr T’s goons. Did you make it to the dinner, most of these guys were there...” He turns back to Mara and pauses. “Mara, I’m sorry but The Rogues you knew, we knew, are dead or gone.” He anounces quietly.


Clan Archerean? That explains the tattoos… He nods in her direction. “Yup, thought ya looked familiar. Da slinky red dress dat was chattin’ it up wit’ Kesslan ‘fore high-tailin’ it outta da joint. Ya missed a killer dinner, Miss Inky, ‘especially da demonic invasion dat got served up fer dessert an’ coffee.” Funny, all this time I couldn’t help but wonder if she left early because she knew what was about to go down… but if Sorrenson vouches for her that strongly, she must be okay. He shrugs slightly as Solaris makes her own introduction.

Solaris wrote: "Good to meet you, Mara.", Solaris nods, walking up and offering her hand.
"Any friend of Sorrenson's... is welcome to slap the ever loving shite out of him."


Icky can’t help but laugh. “Oi, we’re ‘is friends too -- when we gonna get da chance to slap da ever-lovin’ shite outta ‘im? I was told dere’d be shite-slappin’!”

Solaris wrote:She whistles loudly and announces, "You heard the Captain, MOVE OUT!"


“Roger dat…” Icky nods. “I don’t need ta speak da language ta get da message.” He follows Starchief/Solaris wherever they’re going, carrying anyone who needs more fleet-of-foot transportation courtesy of his ant-grav pack.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 pm

You let the tattered remnants of the Belangial herd go; Starchief’s warning about some new, incoming Tarlok (and an excellent drill sergeant impersonation by Solaris) cut down your willingness to linger in the area but not on the idle chatter. Mara approaches the group shortly thereafter, initially impressed by how easily you fended off the critters before she recognizes Sorrenson’s heavily-modded Drudge. Polite introductions give way to a joyous reunion as the two ex-Rogues greet one another, which in turn gives way to a near-catastrophe as Juan starts tossing around a small explosive.

After a brief misunderstanding in which Sorrenson panics at what he thinks is live ordinance, and is about to shield it from the group, before being corrected by Juan and admonished by… nearly everyone present, Juan reclaims his grenade and a hair-brained idea to distract the Tarlok via another explosion inside the city limits falls by the wayside. Sporting a classic ‘why me’ attitude, and a little invective at Juan and Sorrenson’s continued antics, Solaris gets their butts in gear. Mara, equally eager to catch up with her former teammate, avoid Tarlok custody, and maybe bum a ride home tags along. It turns out they all had the same idea anyway- go to meet the resistance. Aoife keeps an ear on the Tarlok comms, and overhears the ground patrol radio in its findings.
Aoife
”Central, this is Spurbull Seventeen on patrol near co-ordinates alpha-one-four-three-charlie. Weapons fire identified, checking out possible resistance operation, over.” Central acknowledges the report and instructs the Spurbull to keep an open channel.

While not moving at top speed, you remain acutely aware of the nearby Tarlok presence and so double-time it to the Ink and Rose. You make the last half-mile no problem, without any sign of the Tarlok. From the outside, the bar is nothing special- just like any one of a million seedy dives in a million seedy cities on a million (usually) seedy planets. It looks to be a mixed-use building, definitely older construction. It’s squat, maybe two to two and a half stories, with the upper residential-looking level looking to have some sort of wood paneling and the lower bar-level sporting rough stone walls. There isn’t even lit neon announcing its presence, just a retro-kitsch painted sign and some grimy stairs leading down and in. The skyscrapers towering above you cast long shadows, and a darkened alley filled with more than its fair share of garbage stretches along the left side of the building. Somewhat unusual for construction in Rylor, it is a completely detached structure (they don’t build ‘em like they used to).

Worse yet, Sorrenson realizes with a start that his Drudge won’t fit inside the bar entrance. The techno-wizard stands there, puzzled, when a bouncer-looking fellow opens a peephole at the top. ”Gotta have the password to get in here, meat. And no way you’re bringing that shit inside- last thing we want is the Tarlok coming down on us for possession of contraband alien tech. And heavy weapons?!?!? You gotta be freaking kidding me. What the hell are you guys, bounty hunters or sumthin’?”
Starchief
The joint wasn’t password-protected the last time you were here- they must have upped their security.


What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 am

Per: 1d100 = 17/33% +15% from Cybernetics
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 7
EBA 145/220 N-20B force field 53/75 Gravity Rifle 30/30 shots, 12/12 clips

Behind her helmet's faceplate, Solaris scowls at the bouncer.

We could force our way in. And there would be a certain satisfaction in exploding this meathead's face, but I guess we should be more subtle. For now.

She taps her radio and suggests to Starchief, "We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

If she needs to leave her rifle outside, she'll hand it off to either Icky or Sorrenson but try to keep her GR pistol and Phase Pistol. If she needs to discard one of those, she'll keep the Phase Pistol since it can hurt almost anything.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:45 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 28
OOC Comments
PPE: 117/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 62/100 2 minutes remain
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

The Drudge nods when the bouncer says they have leave the PA outside. Sorrenson decides not to reply though, as he has absolutely no idea about what the password might be. Fair enough, it's not like the Drudge will fit anyway.
Solaris wrote:"We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

That could work. Besides this place looks like a real dive. I'm not sure I wanna go in anyway. The ratanoid thinks to himself. "If you want me to hang around outside I don't mind. Or I could just park the Drudge in that alley way and make a pile of trash to hide it behind and come in with you. I'd hide it behind trash so it attracts less attention. In fact, even if I stay outside that's probably what I'd do anyway. Up to you guys." He replies as his PA points towards the alley down the side of the building. He reaches out to the Amulet of Understanding to ask it to arrange the drones so he has a view of all four sides of the building. It acknowledges the request and it does so by placing the combat and destucto drones on good vantage points and leaves the spy drone to rove around in case something else pops up.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 am

Perception: 1d100 = 84/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 5 / 1d100 = 58

Aoife looks at the bar with an appraising eye. Well, not the worst watering hole I've seen. At least it has four walls and doors. I wonder if the drinks are any good? As she waits for the Captain to figure out how to get them in the door, she takes a better look at the tattooed woman they just met. "Mara right? Pretty handy with a gun. Kinda lucky us running into each other like that. What brings you to this kind of backwater?" Okay, so small talk is not my thing. But hey, I'm making an effort here. If nothing else it looks like she is staying for a bit. And she knows Sorrenson. Which is I suppose more of a reference than I had.

Aoife also keeps an ear out on the comm chatter of the Tarlok patrol, so the team can have some advance warning if they head this way.

Skill Rolls
Computer Operation 1d100 = 100/69% (keeping the comm channel hack open)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 53/74% (Keeping it undetected)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 64/69% (keeping the transmission tower hack up)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 41/74% (Keeping it undetected)
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 68
JiC: 1d20 = 8/1d100 = 75

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Juan picks up the micro-grenade and puts it at the bottom of his clip. The energy field should dissipate well before he has to fire his grenade launcher again. He doesn't understand everyone's antipathy to decoy explosions. The random and regular use of explosives is a hallmark of Yayamama combat*, and besides, the Tarlok are expecting more explosions and looking for anyone to arrest as a suspected terrorist. The blasts would have left the Tarloks running in a different direction.

Outside the bar...
Surly Bouncer wrote:"Gotta have the password to get in here, meat. And no way you’re bringing that shit inside- last thing we want is the Tarlok coming down on us for possession of contraband alien tech. And heavy weapons?!?!? You gotta be freaking kidding me. What the hell are you guys, bounty hunters or sumthin’?"

"We aren't bounty hunters, but if you're looking for someone to take down some Tarlok name your price," Juan replies with a devilish grin. (Charm (80%): 1d100 = 80 - Success!) He turns back to the team and says, "Honestly, I have never met a group of Urqos that I've disliked so immediately as the Tarlok." What about the Kreeghor? "Well except maybe the Kreeghor. Huh, maybe they want us to hunt some Kreeghor for them? That would be a nice coincidence."

* Yayamama battles have been described alternatively as 'harrowing tests of mettle and skill' by mercenaries hired to boost deities' armies and 'among the most artless and arbitrary ever witnessed within the Three Galaxies' by the few military historians that have knowledge of the Yayamama warfare.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:08 am

Perception: 1d100 = 40/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 46

Aoife wrote:"What is a Skrayper Cap? And why on earth would it take those things to flush them out?"

"The Skraypers are the resistance. We're the ones who fight back. We would meet in the burned out and unfinished skyscrapers around this planet to avoid detection and the name just stuck. The Tarlok use those beasts and more to try and take us down. But as you can see, we're still here."

At the news of a password, Andra grimaces a little bit behind his opaque visor. Of course. Hell, there should have been a password years ago. Starchief steps to the front of the group and opens his visor. "Tell Agent D an old friend... Tell him the Chief is here to see him." (Trust: 1d100 = 66/92%) Starchief waits to see if the door person goes to get someone and then chats with his team.
Sorrenson wrote:
Solaris wrote:"We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

"If you want me to hang around outside I don't mind. Or I could just park the Drudge in that alley way and make a pile of trash to hide it behind and come in with you. I'd hide it behind trash so it attracts less attention. In fact, even if I stay outside that's probably what I'd do anyway. Up to you guys."

He turns to Sorrenson. "The Drudge won't fit inside here. Post up outside and let us know if anything comes our way. We can hide the heavy stuff in a trash pile right next to you. Keep a sidearm at all times."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 24/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 30

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 60/110 MDC (?)

Dark Lord wrote:While not moving at top speed, you remain acutely aware of the nearby Tarlok presence and so double-time it to the Ink and Rose. You make the last half-mile no problem, without any sign of the Tarlok. From the outside, the bar is nothing special- just like any one of a million seedy dives in a million seedy cities on a million (usually) seedy planets. It looks to be a mixed-use building, definitely older construction. It’s squat, maybe two to two and a half stories, with the upper residential-looking level looking to have some sort of wood paneling and the lower bar-level sporting rough stone walls. There isn’t even lit neon announcing its presence, just a retro-kitsch painted sign and some grimy stairs leading down and in. The skyscrapers towering above you cast long shadows, and a darkened alley filled with more than its fair share of garbage stretches along the left side of the building. Somewhat unusual for construction in Rylor, it is a completely detached structure (they don’t build ‘em like they used to).


Icky wrinkles his nose a bit. "Not da worst place I ever gone boozin' in..." he shrugs. " But I ain't orderin' off da menu 'till I get a peek at da kitchen." Crappy kitchen, crappy food. At least we're not here for dinner.

Dark Lord wrote:Worse yet, Sorrenson realizes with a start that his Drudge won’t fit inside the bar entrance. The techno-wizard stands there, puzzled, when a bouncer-looking fellow opens a peephole at the top. ”Gotta have the password to get in here, meat. And no way you’re bringing that shit inside- last thing we want is the Tarlok coming down on us for possession of contraband alien tech. And heavy weapons?!?!? You gotta be freaking kidding me. What the hell are you guys, bounty hunters or sumthin’?”


"Actually, chummer, I'm more what ya'd call a priest -- or least, a priest in trainin'. Kinda." Icky snorts. "But if ya gotta good 'nuff bounty on someone, I'll say a prayer fer da poor goit when we bring 'im in."

Sorrenson wrote:
Solaris wrote:"We could leave the heavy stuff with Icky and Sorrenson out here. They could be the perimeter security for us, too."

"If you want me to hang around outside I don't mind. Or I could just park the Drudge in that alley way and make a pile of trash to hide it behind and come in with you. I'd hide it behind trash so it attracts less attention. In fact, even if I stay outside that's probably what I'd do anyway. Up to you guys."


"Take a look 'round, Chuckles..." Icky shakes his head. "Ya leave dat suit out 'ere wit'out an eye on it for five standard minutes, yer comin' back ta nuthin' but a stripped-down chassis up on blocks an' some scavver tryin' ta sell ya yer own parts next street over. C'mon, I'll stay out 'ere wit' ya an' da two o' us will keep an eye on da place. Oi Goldie, bring us out a pint or two when ya get a chance, willya?"

Once everyone else goes inside, he finds as inconspicuous a spot as possible so he can keep eyes on Sorrenson, the bar, and any Tarlok activity. To further sell the "pay no attention to the large minotaur on the sidewalk" image, he pulls up some of his favorite recipes on his PHC and starts browsing. Or at least pretending to.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:46 am

<Rolls held>
Starchief wrote:"The Drudge won't fit inside here. Post up outside and let us know if anything comes our way. We can hide the heavy stuff in a trash pile right next to you. Keep a sidearm at all times."

Sorrenson nods. Good, I wasn't that keen on going in there. He looks over at pile of trash. Well, if that pile is an attractive alternative that says a lot! He moves over to the alley and starts making a space for himself to wait in. "Whoa... This trash is nasty! It even grosses me out, and I'm part rodent... I like trash in general. This is just a waste of trash. If they picked it up in a timely manner there would be all sorts of good usable stuff in here. If you guys wanna stash your stuff here I'd suggest putting it in bag. Double bagging it would be better. Otherwise I'm afraid we won't be able to get the stink out. Ever." He looks around for a bag, box or something to put the teams heavier weapons in.
Chef Icky wrote: "Ya leave dat suit out 'ere wit'out an eye on it for five standard minutes, yer comin' back ta nuthin' but a stripped-down chassis up on blocks an' some scavver tryin' ta sell ya yer own parts next street over. C'mon, I'll stay out 'ere wit' ya an' da two o' us will keep an eye on da place. Oi Goldie, bring us out a pint or two when ya get a chance, willya?"

Sorrenson is relieved to have some company outside. "Cool. Icky, you got a heads up display in your armor? I could patch in the drone feed if you want." Sorrenson asks the Amulet of Understanding to transmit a feed of the drones info over to Icky so he can watch it too, if he wants.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:43 am

<rolls held>

Starchief wrote:"The Skraypers are the resistance. We're the ones who fight back. We would meet in the burned out and unfinished skyscrapers around this planet to avoid detection and the name just stuck. The Tarlok use those beasts and more to try and take us down. But as you can see, we're still here."


"Huh, so basically the kind of folks I used to get paid to help. Funny how things seem to stay the same. Although the Tarlok may be a new low point. I can't remember the Kreeghor doing anything quite that bad. Another reason to hate them besides their general ugliness I suppose. I get the feeling they are not a likable race." Aoife shakes her head, her attention going back to her computer. The Tarlok don't seem to care if the place falls apart, or retains it's value. Not exactly the way to build an empire.

Starchief wrote:He turns to Sorrenson. "The Drudge won't fit inside here. Post up outside and let us know if anything comes our way. We can hide the heavy stuff in a trash pile right next to you. Keep a sidearm at all times."


"By heavy stuff does that include my rifle? I might feel kind of naked without it in a place like this."
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:12 am

Upon being confronted by security, you conclude that you don’t want to antagonize the Seeronia resistance (Skraypers in the local parlance, apparently) and so agree to the bouncer’s restrictions. Not willing to abandon his powered armor on the mean streets of Rylor, Sorrenson offers to stay outside with any contraband weapons. Icky offers to keep him company, if only to avoid proximity to its ‘food,’ and asks Solaris to fetch them a drink or two should she have the opportunity. Juan cracks wise with the bouncer- an effort that apparently falls on deaf ears (who knew oppressed peoples could be so humorless), but after some whispered dialogue the rest of you decide to obey the bouncer’s instructions. You hand off any obviously heavy ordinance to Sorrenson and Icky (specify yourselves, or have it specified for you), while Starchief turns on the charm.
Starchief wrote:"Tell Agent D an old friend... Tell him the Chief is here to see him." (Trust: Original post: 1d100 = 66/92%) Starchief waits to see if the door person goes to get someone and then chats with his team.
The voice behind the peephole replies, unable to completely keep the surprise out of his voice, ”The chief?!?” Followed by something shifting against the door- as if to get a better look at Starchief. ”Andra, ‘zat you? Hot damn, I thought you were dead. D sure is, but I remember you from the old days. You and that partner of yours, what was his name, Kablam?”
Starchief
It was Kaboom- codename of Ta’bol Keerdoh, and one of Starchief’s oldest friends in the resistance. Starchief’s military instincts tell him that the bouncer is testing him- making sure he’s the real deal, a sensible precaution.

Assuming Starchief doesn’t deliberately fail the bouncer’s little ‘test’, he lets you inside. Andra recognizes the fellow as a long-time employee of the bar- by all appearances a normal, perfectly healthy Seeronian male (albeit with more grey in his hair than the last time they saw each other). Once Starchief vouches for the rest of the team, the bouncer (whose name Starchief is embarrassed to realize he has forgotten) lets the rest of you in, and waves Sorrenson and Icky over to the nearby alley where they can await their compatriots.

There, Sorrenson positions his drones such that they can observe around the building in all four directions. You are startled when a heavy-duty, secondary door is opened from a concealed position behind some garbage, the bouncer grunting as he sweeps it aside. Waving his hand for you to enter, he says ”C’mon- any friends of Starchief are welcome here. Just, keep it down and stay in the back, ok? I don’t wanna lose my job fer this.” The loading area is (barely) able to accommodate Sorrenson’s drudge (should you choose to head inside), and after following the bouncer you find yourselves in a semi-hidden storage room. It’s far from the most luxurious, or comfortable, establishment you’ve ever been in but a small window opens out into the main area of the bar, so you can see and hear everything that’s going on.

After the bouncer disappears, the rest of the group makes its way into the main bar area. Taking advantage of its sub-surface location, the room is surprisingly large- two levels, one partially below ground and one that is technically a sub-basement. Almost like an indoor amphitheater- ostensibly for open mic nights and the like, when in reality it makes for a near-perfect place to gather several dozen people and have one or more address the others. Aside from the surprisingly airy interior, it is as dark and dingy as you would expect from the interior. Wood paneling that has seen better days, and bears more than a few smudges, lines the lower half of the walls, with the upper half covered in peeling pastel wallpaper. The bar is tucked away in one corner, and tended by a hideous-looking woman with all kinds of pockmarks and strange spines or protrusions on her skin (and a face uncomfortably reminiscent of some of the demons you faced in Center).

Most of the tables are full, typically by groups of two or three, talking quietly. As usual bio-freaks (the more radically mutated members of Seeronian society) are the minority but an uncomfortably noticeable one. There are a few Seermans and Talus (identifiable by their elbow ridges and spiky tails, respectively, for those of you who paid attention to Starchief’s briefing) but most of the attendees are conventional Seeronians with minor or no mutant characteristics in evidence.

You eventually manage to pull a couple of tables together in one corner and seat yourselves. Juan finds his chair almost comically under-sized, and Aoife and Starchief both creak under them as they sit (but Seeronian construction is generally high quality, and the chairs appear to be holding both their weights). The presence of well-armed and fully armored strangers in their midst does not go unnoticed by the other patrons of the bar, with more than a few suspicious looks cast your way as you enter and seat yourselves. Should Starchief leave his faceplate open, anyone who made a successful perception roll at -10% last round will see a handful of bar patrons jogging one another with elbows here and there, subtly indicating Starchief with a chin or discreet point, and whispering quietly amongst themselves. A couple of them even smile.

You have enough time to get a round of drinks, if you’re so inclined, and take in the ambiance. Starchief doesn’t recognize any of his compatriots (even the bartender is new), but he knows the bar well enough to know that something is afoot if it’s this packed. The Ink and Rose is a known resistance hangout for those with the right connections, but it appears as disorganized as ever (a good thing, as it prevents Tarlok raids from capturing much). The crowd appears to be waiting for something, or someone, so initially at least your curiosity leads you to do the same.

Fortunately you don’t have to wait long. A middle-aged, Seeronian woman takes the stage at the center of the amphitheater, and raises her hands to call for silence. Remarkably, the disorganized crowd obeys almost at once, whereupon she begins speaking in a booming Trade 4 that seems to fill the enclosed space.

”Brothers and Sisters! It brings me great joy to see so many of you here tonight. To know that so many of you care so deeply for your people that you would be willing to do anything, to make the ultimate sacrifice, for the greater good of Seeron. Many of you know me, but to those who do not my name is unimportant. What matters is that I bring to you The Word of her most holiness, the Prophet Alexandra.”

”She is not of this world, nor has she ever set foot on it. But she is a sister to all who fight against the forces of alien oppression. She inspired her own people to rise up against the despotic Kreeghor who overran them, and even now she leads the fight against them as a member of the Free World Council’s innermost circle. Through their daring and sacrifice, they have held the world of Axis V, The Battlefield, against 10 separate Kreeghor invasions. 10 times, they have been called upon to give their all for the cause, and 10 times they have held the Kreeghor fleets back- and in so doing, saved countless worlds from ruin.”

”Few of you will know these names, nor should you. But she knows yours. She recognizes the kinship between the Free World Council and those you call the Skraypers. She has never faced the Tarlok, but in them she sees the same jack-booted heels of oppression used by the Kreeghor to subvert the will of all those who would live free. She does not know your people, but she does know your power. And so, she has sent me with a message, our message. To bring hope to your struggle, and to remind you what you fight for!”

”Our enemies are of one monstrous spirit, they are legion, and they can only be overcome through great courage and even greater sacrifice. This is the way of the Megaverse. Many have already fallen in our struggles, and many more will fall still. Many of them, some will call innocents.”

”This is false. There are no innocents in this conflict. There are those who fight against the enemy with everything they have, and those who help the enemy by refusing to do so. Recognizing this, is the first step to recognizing The Greater Good, the very essence of The Word. Always remember that you fight for the sake of all your people- not just the masses who cower in fear. We cannot concern ourselves with the likes of them- if 100 so-called innocents must die to destroy the Tarlok, or the Kreeghor, and in so doing save millions then I say that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few! Only cowards and do-nothings worry about things like ‘collateral damage.’ When the truth is, there can be no greater purpose than ending our people’s oppression! All other goals are second to that!”

”When you know your true purpose, you can draw strength from it. Pay no heed to those branded as ‘criminals’ or ‘villains’- they are our brothers and sisters in arms! There are only those who stand against the Tarlok dogs, and those who must be destroyed! Only by accepting this truth, by bringing The Word into your life, will you find the strength to do what is necessary to end Tarlok oppression once and for all! Heed my words, The Word of Alexandra, and prepare yourselves to spend your very lives destroying the Tarlok and all of their lapdogs! Do this, and they shall fall into the ashes of history, while the Skraypers shall be immortalized as the heroes of Seeron!”

The crowd has been eating this up, and about half the bar is on their feet cheering by the end of the speech. The woman speaking, whoever she is, flashes everyone a brilliant smile, waves to the crowd for a bit, then walks quickly to a side door and disappears through it. Perhaps four audience members follow her in.

((Everyone, include a Galactic Lore skill roll at -30% in your next post. Aoife, check your PMs.))

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:20 am

Perception: 1d100 = 89
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 16 / 1d100 = 62
OOC Comments
PPE: 117/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Sorrenson parks the Drudge in the loading area and goes in with the others. He takes a seat and lets his eyes wander over the room. This place is bigger than I expected. Not as dingy either. Overall a pleasant surprise I suppose. I wonder what we're waiting for? As he looks over the crowd he decides that this isn't the kind of place where they should be getting into any trouble. It seems to hm most of the people in here know their way around a fight. Although that could just be because of the random spikes poking out of people's skin, or the spiked tails.

Then the woman appears and Sorrenson listens. Her speech starts out well enough, but once he figures out its just 'The Word' from a prophet of off world figure of hope he groans inwardly. Once the prophet goes full 'ends justify the means, with us or against us - there are no innocent & collateral damage is okay' , he makes a point to breathe and count to ten. Once his urge to stand up and yell 'Bullshit!' has passed he glances around the room to see how the crowd is reacting to the sermon. Then the lady says 'and prepare yourselves to spend your very lives destroying the Tarlok and all of their lapdogs!' Sorrenson rolls his eyes, grabs his beer in and takes a drink. And there it is, she's gone full... I don't even know the right word for it. Psycho? Nutbar? Evil? Chaotic? He can't help by be saddened by the fact that a bunch of the crowd are on their feet cheering. Right, so this is the kind of crowd that'll strap themselves onto an antimatter bomb and blow themselves to smithereens just to kill a few Tarlok... Just like when we landed. So things really are that bad here.

As a student of Ratanoid history Sorrenson is well aware of the oppressed nature of his people. It varies across the 3G from world to world, but it really does seem to be a trend that other peoples treat Ratanoids rather badly. It could be anywhere from genocide, slavery, to some form of mild oppression like the lack of property rights. You name it, and the Ratanoid people have probably been oppressed in that way. So as a result he's heard about and read the accounts of many many a Ratanoid rebellion. There is one theme that has stood out to him. When someone or something from another place who really doesn't have a stake in the fight starts getting involved, they're doing for their own reasons. They aren't being nice, they don't really want to help. They probably don't even really care about the oppressed. They're doing it because they want something. The worst ones are the ones that mend 'moral' support. They aren't really even lifting a finger to help, they're just stirring the pot and making things worse. So Sorrenson can't help but be deeply cynical about the lady and her speech.

"I dunno what she's selling, but I don't buy it."
He quietly says to the others ta the table.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:55 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 67
JiC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 86

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Juan Echo places his grenade launcher in the hands of the Drudge and says, "Look after this Urqos Boxy." He makes no gesture or indication that his magical clubs are tucked in to the leg compartment of his EBA, and then casually enters the Ink and Rose.

Juan grabs three bottles of beer and then heads back to the entrance of the bar. He peaks out the door and calls in a hoarse whisper, "Urqos Icky, I grabbed some brews for you and Urqos Boxy."

After handing the minotaur the beers he ducks back inside and finds a seat with the rest of the Adventurers. He scans around the bar and notices the diverse crowd, and yet the Wanderer isn't surprised to see that they are the same species. (He probably wouldn't have noticed if there were other alien species were in the crowd anyway, but that's a whole other issue.) They share a similar d'ama. As much as that totemic life energy has a characteristic the Seeronians radiate a certain greatness; he has seen the traces of their past civilization, and he gets the sense that many of the other patrons are brave adventurers and heroes. But this greatness is tempered with a deep grief and resentment, one that would affect any race after a generation of oppression.

When a woman takes the stage, Juan listens with curiosity. And then she says...
Seeronian woman wrote:"What matters is that I bring to you The Word of her most holiness, the Prophet Alexandra.”

Juan has an instinctive distrust of prophets. In a Megaverse where Urqos regularly interacted with Gods there was little need for prophets to spread their Word, and that was even before the invention of the Ultranet. And even worse were prophets that claimed divine authority for themselves. Her most holiness? Bitch, plz. Even the most sincere of these false prophets would get drunk on their own authority and become self-styled gods. It is heretical, an offense to the Gods of any pantheon. And she continued...
Agent for a very suspect prophet wrote:"Always remember that you fight for the sake of all your people- not just the masses who cower in fear. We cannot concern ourselves with the likes of them- if 100 so-called innocents must die to destroy the Tarlok, or the Kreeghor, and in so doing save millions then I say that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few!”

Looking around Juan sees the crowd nodding in approval. As the Wandering God he has seen many desperate peoples, and they will turn to desperate means to fight for their right to exist. The Seeronians are no different. Juan is sympathetic, if also suspect, to their desperate need to find words of assurance to rally their cause around. He has seen many other peoples do awful things for noble causes. It is always a complicated affair. The Word of a 'prophet' would only make things more complicated.

Juan wonders if Starchief was already a believer in This Word, or if not how it affected him. Is he going to be seduced by nostalgia and give into this propaganda? Or will he be disillusioned by this and come to see that he had no home to return to? He looks around the table and to check what the others think about the so-called prophet and her messenger. And really, what kind of 'prophet' needs a messenger? I thought she was supposed to be the messenger! Perhaps they find something appealing about this call to mindless violence and shirk the mission. Fortunately the skeptic chimes in first.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"I dunno what she's selling, but I don't buy it."

"I concur," Juan whispers in reply. "Her language has the subtle but unquenchable need for violence of a fanatic. It all sounds like a heroic call to arms until she starts asking everyone to look directly at the Adze* and let it give you a tattoo."

*See DB 14: Thundercloud Galaxy, pp. 91-92 if you want to see how much worse than spiked Kool-Aid this would be.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Mara » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 13 / 40% (70% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 6

After Sorrenson tells her the fate of the Rogues, she seems to go silent though she shakes the hand of everyone who offers it from Sorrenson's new team. She even offers a smile as Solaris playfully asks her to slap her favorite Ratanoid. She nods to Icky to indicate that was her at the dinner. She just nods when, what she assumes is, their leader tells them to get moving and she follows along deep in thought. Abyss, what if I would have stayed? Could I have saved them? It was a tough crew even without me. Holt should have led them ably enough. What happened? She whispers to Sorrenson as they make it to the bar, "Shit, I'm sorry. None of them made it? I shouldn't have left, maybe I could have changed the tide. There was supposed to be information on my parents death, but it dried up before I made it back. Then the Clan asked me to check out this place," even quieter, "these locals might be decedents of True Atlanteans." Back up in volume a bit, "So the Rogues are disbanded? I tried to get that damn pilot to bring me back when I heard about the fighting. But the coward refused."

She keeps to herself in the bar and she listens to the drivel spoken by a true fanatic. One who no longer cares about the innocents, just her cause. Worse she doesn't even think they are innocent. She refuses to accept that some just aren't built to fight. She gives a slight eye roll to Sorrenson and keeps an eye on this leader, this Starchief, to see how he reacts. She is tempted to listen in on his thoughts, but restrains herself for obvious reasons, Well it is rude. And they don't know me well enough for me to pop in and just say hi in their head.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 188 / 288
ISP: 61 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(active)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Wed May 01, 2019 2:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 86
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 89

Once seated, Solaris leaves her helmet's faceplate open and observes the crowd. When the speech from the Seeronian
woman begins, she listens intently.

”Brothers and Sisters! ...Prophet Alexandra.”

Hmm...she presents well. And knows how to project her voice. Who is this woman?

”She is not of this world, ...saved countless worlds from ruin.”

Who is this 'prophet'? Typical rhetoric otherwise, 'we're awesome, the bad guys suck, yadda yadda yadda'.

”This is false. ...heroes of Seeron!”


Lisa shoots Andra a concerned look. Sacrifices must be made, sure, but this is far beyond that.
She thinks, listening to the rest of the team's reaction. I hope he's not expected to do anything...
extreme.


"So what do you think, Cap?", Solaris asks flatly, regarding the speech. She imperceptibly braces for the reply.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Wed May 01, 2019 5:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 10/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 20/1d100 = 77

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 60/110 MDC (?)

Dark Lord wrote:”C’mon- any friends of Starchief are welcome here. Just, keep it down and stay in the back, ok? I don’t wanna lose my job fer this.”


Icky breathes a slight sigh of relief as the bouncer waves them in. I'll take a storeroom over being out in that alley just about any day. "Much obliged, chummer..." he gives him a grin and a nod. "We'll keep outta da way; ya won't even know we're 'ere." Though he rolls his eyes as Sorrenson promptly ditches his armor to join everyone else at the table. Fine. Guess I'll babysit the gorram suit... he sighs to himself as he makes himself as comfortable as possible with a good view of the others (and the stage).

What's-Her-Name wrote:"Blah blah blah, greater good... blah blah blah, special kinship... blah blah blah, greater sacrifice... blah blah blah, no innocents... blah blah blah, immortalized as heroes..."


Icky brushes aside the woman's grandiose posturing as an obvious case of 'playing to the crowd,' but as a former slave and a current "slaver-hater" he can't help but nod along at her underlying message... right up until she utters the words 'There are no innocents in this conflict.' Then she gets only a snort of contempt from the minotaur. Frellin' zealots. Seen this too many times. They get so wrapped up in the fighting they lose sight of what they're fighting for in the first place. Being 'hardcore' -- knowing that sometimes you have to sacrifice a few for the sake of the many -- is one thing, but when you start telling yourself there are no innocents, you get sloppy. Sloppy zealots fight very bravely and die very quickly, and they take others with them. They're only a 'hero' if you define it as 'someone who gets others killed.'

His eyes narrow further as she whips the crowd into a crescendo and quickly leaves. There's something about all this that's too polished, too perfect, for Icky's liking. He taps his comlink. "Oi, call me paranoid if ya wanna, but dis stinks like week-old flatfish..." he says softly. "Anyone else gettin' da feelin' dat somethin's 'bout ta throw down? Chuckles, what're yer drone's seein?"

He scans the crowd and the various entrances to the bar (including the one they came through), sizing up the potential for an impending raid, even willing himself to see what would normally be invisible. Just to be sure.

Icky's Got A Bad Feeling About This...
Sizing up potential for an impending raid...

Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 16/89%
Detect Concealment -- 1d100 = 91/79%

Activate "See the Invisible" psychic ability -- 8 minutes/32 melees, 4 ISP
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Thu May 02, 2019 12:23 am

<Rolls held>
Mara wrote: "Shit, I'm sorry. None of them made it? I shouldn't have left, maybe I could have changed the tide. There was supposed to be information on my parents death, but it dried up before I made it back. Then the Clan asked me to check out this place,these locals might be decedents of True Atlanteans. So the Rogues are disbanded? I tried to get that damn pilot to bring me back when I heard about the fighting. But the coward refused."

Sorrenson looks down at his feet. It sucks to talk about this, but she needs to know. "I'm the only one that made it back. Na'dal & Gryxx went missing early on sometime around MrT's dinner. I think. haven't seen them since. Baron died on the Demon Planet. Holt got sent to a different spot on the Demon Planet and as far as I know he never made it back. So yeah, I think you and I are the only rogues left from back in the day. Well, not that long ago really. The rogues disbanding? I dunno. I don't think so. We picked up some stragglers during the invasion and they joined up. I think they're living at the landing pad now. To be honest I don't really care. One guy is a demon summoner, you know lives with his demons and all that, and the other is a big ol' creepy Promethean. Doesn't say much, just randomly laughs or says rawr. I liked these guys more so I move over." Sorrenson shrugs as he finishes.
Chef Icky wrote:Oi, call me paranoid if ya wanna, but dis stinks like week-old flatfish...Anyone else gettin' da feelin' dat somethin's 'bout ta throw down? Chuckles, what're yer drone's seein?"

Sorrenson gets up from the table and, as casually as he can manage, he walks to his PA. If the shit hits the fan I need to be suited up! I asked the Amulet of Understanding to patch the drone feed through to your armor. Do you have the feed? he asks Icky. As he walks he reaches out the Amulet and politely asks if the drones are picking up anything unusual outside, stuff like Tarlok activity and such. When he gets to his PA he suits up.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Thu May 02, 2019 8:05 am

((rolls held))

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson gets up from the table and, as casually as he can manage, he walks to his PA. If the shit hits the fan I need to be suited up! I asked the Amulet of Understanding to patch the drone feed through to your armor. Do you have the feed? he asks Icky. As he walks he reaches out the Amulet and politely asks if the drones are picking up anything unusual outside, stuff like Tarlok activity and such. When he gets to his PA he suits up.


"Oh frak! Ya sure did, didn't ya?" Icky facepalms and starts firing up his HPC. "Sorry 'bout dat, got caught up in Lil' Miss No-Innocents' lil' case o' verbal diarrhea dere. Thank yer amulet fer me, willya?"

He pulls up the live feed, focusing on any possible suspicious movement either covert or blatant.

I'm probably gonna regret this but...
Computer Operation -- 1d100 = 86/89% (to check live feeds from the drones)
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Aoife » Thu May 02, 2019 7:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 19/43%
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 88

Terrorist Lady wrote:”This is false. There are no innocents in this conflict. There are those who fight against the enemy with everything they have, and those who help the enemy by refusing to do so. Recognizing this, is the first step to recognizing The Greater Good, the very essence of The Word. Always remember that you fight for the sake of all your people- not just the masses who cower in fear. We cannot concern ourselves with the likes of them- if 100 so-called innocents must die to destroy the Tarlok, or the Kreeghor, and in so doing save millions then I say that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few! Only cowards and do-nothings worry about things like ‘collateral damage.’ When the truth is, there can be no greater purpose than ending our people’s oppression! All other goals are second to that!”


I don't know what alarms me more, the chatter on the Tarlok comm channels or this lady. I didn't take the Cap for a terrorist."Cap, I get that freedom fighters get called terrorists by the folks they are fighting against, but please tell me you don't subscribe to this terrorist bullshit. Cause that lady needs to be put down before she tears the planet apart worse than the Tarloks are doing." Aoife's voice is a little chilly, it doesn't take a shrink to tell she isn't happy about the implications of these being Starchief's local "friends." There was something else, gotta love a fanatics ability to disrupt everything. Oh yeah, comm chatter. "By the way, our Tarlok friends found the critters we slaughtered. Also seems like they found something else. Four unidentified metallic signatures to small to be vehicles. Could be Guardsmen. Fought one once that was a solid lump of steel. Damn near broke my hand on his face. They transmitted a location for them, not sure where it is in relation to us but maybe you or your...friends...could parse that for me? The Tarlok are investigating. I'm keeping an ear out for them getting the shit kicked out of them." She relays the coordinates the Tarlok used to the team, and then debates her next move.

I guess the boss and Chef are keeping an eye out. Pretty sure they will shout a heads up if it's time to vaporize something. I guess I'll keep monitoring the comm chatter. Who knows, maybe the Tarloks will do the work of finding the Guardsmen for us. Couldn't happen to a worse bunch of assholes. With any luck they with kick each others asses and we can walk in and collect heads for pay. Hah. Like anything ever works out that easy. "I'm going to go back to monitoring their comms, give a shout if I need to kill something will ya?" With that Aoife busies herself with the Tarloks comm chatter.

Skill Rolls
Computer Operation 1d100 = 49/69% (keeping the comm channel hack open)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 77/74% (Keeping it undetected)
Computer Operation 1d100 = 23/69% (keeping the transmission tower hack up)
Computer Hacking 1d100 = 30/74% (Keeping it undetected)
Do not PM this account. PM Dodsrike instead.

Aoife

M.D.C.
Armor: [76/100
Body: 424/424
User avatar
Aoife
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:38 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Fri May 03, 2019 3:33 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 14/1d100 = 93

Bouncer wrote:The voice behind the peephole replies, unable to completely keep the surprise out of his voice, ”The chief?!?” Followed by something shifting against the door- as if to get a better look at Starchief. ”Andra, ‘zat you? Hot damn, I thought you were dead. D sure is, but I remember you from the old days. You and that partner of yours, what was his name, Kablam?”


"They haven't gotten me yet. And it was Kaboom. One of the best. You said Agent D is dead? Oh no. I didn't think he could die. Toughest bastard I've met." When the door opens, Starchief shakes the doorman's hand and points back to the rest of the team. "They're with me."

Starchief leaves his faceplate open while seated at the table, both receiving praise and giving hope. It's been too long. These people must be surprised to see me. He gets back up and grabs a round of drinks for the team, setting them back on the table when they're done being poured. "Have a drink. We'll be here for a short while. Might as well relax. Not sure why there's so many people here. It's not usually this full."

His query is answered promptly as the messenger for the Prophet Alexandra gets up and speaks. He sits quietly as she speaks, absorbing her message. The Free World Council? That could be the boost that Seeron needs to regain our independence! When she gets to the part about innocence in conflict, Starchief's face takes on a worried look. That could not be further from the truth! There are those who cannot fight and those who support in other ways! And what good is a free world when you've destroyed your own? Who is this Prophet? I would have words with her. His armored hand gripped around his mug of beer subconsciously tightens until a loud crunching sound is heard and Starchief's beer quickly finds its way to the table and the ground below. You think getting mad is gonna change these people's minds, Andra? Not right now, Champion. Yes right now. Exactly right now. Before you ruin your chance at turning this around. As much as I hate to admit it, one of your major strengths lies in your charm. So. Charm. Them. Starchief sighs and then responds mentally to his magic sword. And as much as I hate to admit it, you're right. Thank you Champion. I hope you don't get stage fright, you're coming with. What? Don't bring me up... at least give me time to fix my appearance!

Big Red wrote:
Mecha-Ratman wrote:"I dunno what she's selling, but I don't buy it."

"I concur," Juan whispers in reply. "Her language has the subtle but unquenchable need for violence of a fanatic. It all sounds like a heroic call to arms until she starts asking everyone to look directly at the Adze* and let it give you a tattoo."

Solaris wrote:"So what do you think, Cap?", Solaris asks flatly, regarding the speech. She imperceptibly braces for the reply.

Aoife wrote:"Cap, I get that freedom fighters get called terrorists by the folks they are fighting against, but please tell me you don't subscribe to this terrorist bullshit. Cause that lady needs to be put down before she tears the planet apart worse than the Tarloks are doing."

Starchief removes his helmet and places it on the table he is sitting at. He stands up and walks to the center of the ampitheatre. He waits 15 seconds for the crowd to notice him and hopefully quiet down some before he begins. "Hello friends. You may not remember who I am. But I have been fighting for you, for us, for a long time. I haven't been here exactly but I have been where I'm needed. And right now that means home. Seeron. I am from you, I am of you. I am Starchief, the Shield of Seeron."

The last woman to speak here was very good, yes very good indeed. Her words were convincing, honeyed and sounded like the truth. But I am here to tell you that there is nothing good or noble about war when you target your own. And I'm not talking about the traitors in Control, I am talking about your sisters and brothers, your wives and husbands. I'm talking about us. If you don't keep the true people of Seeron in your heart when taking down the Tarlok, then you are not a hero. Not of Seeron, not of anything."


Starchief lifts Champion and has it start glowing, hoping to inspire those watching him. "Please, hear me when I say these next words and hear them carefully. Never let your fight against monsters turn you into one. We have a chance to take back our planet and have our seeronity intact. Don't pass that up. Thank you." (Charm/Impress: EP Crit)

Starchief heads back to his seat and asks "How'd I do?" As much as I hate to admit it, you were great up there. How was my shine? You were great, Champion. But I was talking to them.

Aoife wrote:"By the way, our Tarlok friends found the critters we slaughtered. Also seems like they found something else. Four unidentified metallic signatures to small to be vehicles. Could be Guardsmen. Fought one once that was a solid lump of steel. Damn near broke my hand on his face. They transmitted a location for them, not sure where it is in relation to us but maybe you or your...friends...could parse that for me? The Tarlok are investigating. I'm keeping an ear out for them getting the shit kicked out of them."


"That's what we're looking for. What was the location?"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Fri May 03, 2019 4:04 pm

[Rolls carry]
Inspirational Urqos Chief wrote:"How'd I do?"

Juan Echo shrugs. The words were powerful, and would surely inspire the Urqos, however they didn't kill it with the Wandering God. At least he feels less offended by the prophet's messenger. "The lights were a nice effect. And I think it should really speak to the people from your planet."

Urqos Aoife wrote:"By the way, our Tarlok friends found the critters we slaughtered. Also seems like they found something else. Four unidentified metallic signatures to small to be vehicles. Could be Guardsmen. Fought one once that was a solid lump of steel. Damn near broke my hand on his face. They transmitted a location for them, not sure where it is in relation to us but maybe you or your...friends...could parse that for me? The Tarlok are investigating. I'm keeping an ear out for them getting the shit kicked out of them."

Inspirational Urqos Chief wrote:"That's what we're looking for. What was the location?"

Juan says, "That sounds like the Tarlok were not expecting our targets. That would suggest that they are not working with the repressive regime but instead on a mission to disrupt- He lets the sentence trail off, he doesn't want to finish that thought.

In over a millenium of interstellar travel he has done a number of jobs within repressive regimes. Some ruled over planets, some spanned star systems. There was always a resistance, and with it came tragedy and hard decisions. As noble as the fight for freedom is, it always comes with a steep price. Everyone has to make a sacrifice of some kind, be it with blood, tears, or even a piece of their soul. As an outsider Juan has been able to aid freedom fighters from time to time, and he has begrudgingly aided the oppressors when need be. This type of repression leaves these societies as tangled and torn - heroes that became monsters, and dictators that protected the innocent. The more time he spends on Seeron the more he realizes the how dire the situation is.

Back to the Guardsmen, Juan realizes that in a way they have the tactical advantage. They are on Seeron for a purpose, they potentially have allies, they are prepared. Starchief may be from here but he may as well have as many allies as Guardsmen after being away so long. If they are going to stand a chance against their targets, they need to have an idea of what they are doing here. Juan tries to think back to the briefing, but he was only half paying attention to Thraxus, because Thraxus. Don't look at me, I wasn't listening at all, because Thraxus. I was thinking about what color I should pain my nails*.

"We should try to figure out why they are here. I suspect that if we rush in headlong that we will be effectively ambushed by Tarlok and Guardsmen."

*High on the Chirpa plateau, the Hostess sits with her Wolfen handmaiden and she suddenly says, "Banana yellow."

"Very good, your worship." The wolfen bows down and takes out a diamond buffer to smooth her goddess' nails. She's short squat with white wiry fur and a bushy mustache. Her smile is exaggerated by her whiskers as she picks up the bright yellow vial. She looks up at her goddess who sits by the window with her mind elsewhere.

They are in the salon on the first floor of her palace and the Hostess gazes on the gathering below. The Urqos are congregating for a fight night. As she ha decided not to join her yul on the warpath against the Mama, she is hosting the event for her Urqos. The wildest of her warriors will show their skill to cheering crowds, all in good fun.

"Swoo," the Hostess sayswatching two cubs spar playfully on the edge of the crowd, "Is your brother fighting tonight?"

"No, your worship. He is still recovering from brawling with that Promethean that came to visit last month." The wolfen points at the six fighters lined up in the center of the plaza. Her eyes narrow, the brown hairs lining them sharpen to fine points. In the center is a mangy looking shewolf with a cold eye. "His mate is fighting in the main event though."

"Who is the smart money on?"
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Mon May 06, 2019 11:17 am

You enter, take your seats, and survey the scene. Juan picks up a round for everyone, and after Sorrenson hides away the Drudge in the loading area he joins you at the table, leaving Icky to guard the heavy ordinance (and monitor the drones’ telemetry). Mara and Sorrenson take the opportunity to catch up a little, with Sorrenson soberly informing his ex-commander of the fates of the other Rogues, and summarizing his decision to effectively wash his hands of the team. Icky putters around in the back, but during the next few minutes begins to get a bad feeling. He takes stock of the bar, and the effort does not make him feel better. This would not be a great place to get caught in an ambush- unless there’s another exit in the back that he’s not privy to, the patrons inside would be hard-pressed to escape if the Tarlok came through the front door in force. With more than half the bar below ground level, any attempt at an evac would have to go through the attacking forces or out via what looks to be a crowded storage area. It makes Icky itch just thinking about it- to compensate, he pulls out his pocket computer and flips through the drone feeds Sorrenson set up.

Out in the main bar, the woman takes the “stage” and delivers her little speech. While at first you’re all with the crowd the oratory quickly takes a darker turn than most of you are comfortable with. Most of you keep your feelings to yourselves, although those of you coming from oppressed populations in the Three Galaxies recognize the speaker’s rhetoric and how dangerous it is. None of you more so than Starchief, whose rage slightly overpowers his iron self-control but who also, after a talking-to from Champion, decides that he needs to respond.

As the speaker (priestess?) is moving off of the stage with her escort Starchief stands, removes his comment, and strides towards the amphitheater area. The priestess turns to regard him as he begins speaking, surprise in her eyes quickly turning to anger- clearly she was not expecting a rebuttal. Starchief’s natural poise and charm work their magic, however, and the entire rest of the bar has eyes only for him as he removes his helmet and speaks.
Starchief wrote:"Hello friends. You may not remember who I am. But I have been fighting for you, for us, for a long time. I haven't been here exactly but I have been where I'm needed. And right now that means home. Seeron. I am from you, I am of you. I am Starchief, the Shield of Seeron."
The last woman to speak here was very good, yes very good indeed. Her words were convincing, honeyed and sounded like the truth. But I am here to tell you that there is nothing good or noble about war when you target your own. And I'm not talking about the traitors in Control, I am talking about your sisters and brothers, your wives and husbands. I'm talking about us. If you don't keep the true people of Seeron in your heart when taking down the Tarlok, then you are not a hero. Not of Seeron, not of anything."

Starchief lifts Champion and has it start glowing, hoping to inspire those watching him. "Please, hear me when I say these next words and hear them carefully. Never let your fight against monsters turn you into one. We have a chance to take back our planet and have our seeronity intact. Don't pass that up. Thank you." (Charm/Impress: EP Crit)
The bar goes deathly silent as Starchief lifts Champion over his head and fills the room with its soft, golden glow. Most of the patrons watch it rapt, or at least with the breathless air of those who have just watched one helluva speech. A few of the audience members, including the priestess herself, squint slightly at the performance- as if emerging from a dark interior into a very bright day.

Starchief has most of the audience in the palm of his hand- and the priestess doesn’t like that. She points a finger at him and screeches, ”I know you, Andra Sekona, and I name you traitor!” Sweeping her hand across the bar, she turns to address the crowd again. ”What could possibly be more important than fighting for the liberation of our people? Do you know how many Seeronians have died while you were gallivanting among the stars and collecting your pretty little sword there? I do- and so does Alexandra!”

”Perhaps, ‘Starchief’, you were too busy consorting with the Tarlok’s off-world allies! The great Alexandra has eyes and ears everywhere, and your deeds are no secret from us! She knows all about your relationship with the Splugorth! I have seen video evidence of how you sought council from Klynncryth, Splugorth lord and slave master, even as Center was in the depths of a demonic invasion! Was that ‘where you were needed most’? What about your deeds in the Kingdom of Rasstynth, when you helped the Splugorth loyalists put down a Kittani rebellion? You speak of seeronity, but these are not the deeds of a man who values his people, or the lives of the innocent! The Splugorth are a blight upon hundreds of worlds, including this one! Klynncryth has allied himself with the Tarlok- he supports their occupation of this world, legitimizes them in the eyes of the intergalactic community, and is the point of entry for a booming slave trade that has already sent thousands of your people off-world to be enslaved and eaten! And what have you done about it? Nothing! Yet you dare to admonish these good people, not to become monsters? Have you yourself taken stock of your recent actions in that regard?”

At this point, one of the armored fellows escorting the priestess steps up and murmurs something in her ear. She listens, a scowl marring her attractive countenance, before address the crowd with a note of finality. ”Believe what you will- Alexandra has never wavered in her commitment to oppressed peoples everywhere. Unlike some” she flashes a pointed glance at Starchief, ”she will never abandon the fight. Nor should any of you. All Seeronians everywhere have a duty to fight this tyranny with everything they have. Anyone who can wear a vest can take the fight to evil- it is simply a matter of will. Those who have it. And those who don’t.” She casts a final, inscrutable glance at Starchief before disappearing ‘backstage’ with her escort. One of them, another armored figure, stays back for a few moments- his gaze lingering on Starchief.

In-between the rhetorical dueling, Aoife reports her findings from hacking the Tarlok communications system- specifically their tracking of four small, unidentified flying objects and a set of coordinates to target. Being the only one familiar with their co-ordinate system, it takes Starchief a moment to figure out where they’re referring to- then he figures it out and his stomach drops. The Tarlok are heading for the Ink and Rose- right for you.

Starchief’s danger sense starts tingling shortly thereafter, while back in the store room Icky notices at least a couple of hover vehicles zipping out of nowhere and coming for a landing outside. That can’t be good.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Tue May 07, 2019 6:02 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 4 / 1d100 = 21
OOC Comments
PPE: 117/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Not wanting to be caught with his pants down once any fighting starts Sorrenson makes his way directly to his PA. His recent incident with Juan and his thoughtful, yet explosive, gift still fresh in his mind. Nothing quite as useless as a half suited up Drudge jockey. He notices Starchief do his thing and talk the good talk. He smiles and feels a little bit of relief that his boss doesn't buy into the psycho 'kill'emall!' talk of Alexandra's walking mouth piece. "Good words. I'd clap if I wasn't busy suiting up." He sends over the team channel.

Sorrenson's cheer is short lived as a sense of dread comes over him as he listens to the priestess. Fuck me! How does she know so much? While his body goes through the motions of suiting up his mind searches for possible explanations of who and why the mouth piece can know so much. I don't get it. How does she know about us meeting with the Sploog in Center. Is she a demon? Is she a sploog minion? His mind races with half thought out, outlandish possibilities, none of them good. "Well she gives me the creeps really bad!. How the funk does she know so much about us and what we've been up to?" He asks over the team channel.

Once suited up he checks in with the drone feed checking the situation outside. He reaches out to the Amulet of Understanding. Hello Amulet of Understanding. I trust you are doing well. The amulet stirs as if disturbed from deep though and replies. Oh. Mr Sorrenson. Good day. I can not complain at the moment. And you? Sorrenson isn't really sure if the amulet can help, but figures that it's worth a try. I'm fine I suppose. I was curious if you could keep an eye on drone feeds for a little while. There is someone, or something I'd like your opinion on. A woman who knows waaaaaaay too much about my crew and what we've been up to. Maybe someone with your abilities and experience could help me identify what she is? He concentrates and sends a mental image of the woman to the Amulet. The Amulet doesn't seem impressed. Very well Mr. Sorrenson. If the she passes through the drone's feed I will do my upmost to assist you in identifying what she may or may not be. Then it is gone.

Sorrenson decides that now is as good as time as any to activate his Armor of Ithan enchant on his PA. He activates his weapons systems. "Righto, I think I've only got one way out, the door we came in. Unless I start crashing through walls. What's the plan?"
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Tue May 07, 2019 10:23 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 62
JiC: 1d20 = 17/1d100 = 73

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Juan Echo nods in approval at Starchief's speech, but he isn't inspired by the freedom fighter's words, nor the glow of his sword. Something about this bar is off, and it goes beyond the heresy of a prophet that is issuing decrees without the backing of a God. The Aoife chimes in to say that four unknowns, presumably the Galactic Adventurers' targets, had been spotted.

The Guardsmen are on planet, and the Tarlok were not expecting them. This sounds like a set up. They are on a mission, and it is not to aide the repressive regime. This is a trap. Add the violent calls of a false prophet to the mission. Even if it's not a trap, it feels like a trap. Starchief's words could not stop whatever forces were already in motion on his home planet.

When the priestess (Are we really calling her a priestess? Does this Prophet Alexandra also ordain bishops? This is really sounding like a death cult.) starts her reply Juan realizes just how bad of a set up this really is. Her last line confirms that this is, in fact, a death cult; but it's one that they've been baited into. She knows the Galactic Adventurers, and she was ready for them. "Are we to be their sacrifice?" Juan whispers to himself.

Juan's long black hair swirls around his shoulders and the glow in his eyes intensifies and sparks, a literal personification of his rage. He slides a Magical Club out of its side pocket and smashes it through the table when the priestess leaves. He points to the armored goon lingering still and shouts, "You stupid stupid Urqos, you placed your faith in a prophet that is far away and probably dead. But I am a God and I am right here and very deadly, you will tell me what blasphemy you committed tonight so we can save your people." (Intimidate (80%): 1d100 = 34 SUCCESS!; Horror Factor 10)

If Juan can interrogate the goon, he will find out just how screwed the team is. He will want to know what type of deal the Skraypers have with the Invincible Guardsmen, why the Guardsmen are here, and how much info they have on the Adventurers. Assuming that the Guardsmen are on their way to kill everyone at the Ink and Rose, Juan will try and force the goon to stay and save as many lives as possible.

If the goon runs away without divulging his boss's evil schemes, Juan will curse and say what others are probably already thinking, "I hate to say this Urqos Starchief but your Skryapers are aiding the Invincible Guardsmen, perhaps even under their employee. We may not know their plan yet, but we will want to act carefully so we don't fall in an ambush, or hurt any of your allies."

When Starchief tells them that everyone is converging on the Ink and Rose, Juan groans. He has an idea what the Guardsmen mission is, and how they fit into it. "Oh, good, and I was worried we'd have to scour the whole planet looking for the Guardsmen. When they get here we can ask them if we were lured to this bar on purpose or just happily collateral damage. But I believe their plan is to start the revolution from right here. They will lead the lead the Tarlok here, a lot of innocent Urqos will be killed in the brawl, and the prophet and her minions will use this as a call to arms."

Juan puts his helmet back on and draws out his other club. He then reaches a zen like state, takes a deep breath, and is ready to strike when the first enemy approaches (Intuitive Combat: -10 I.S.P.).
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Mara » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 92 / 40% (70% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 4 1d100 = 89

Mara almost tears up a bit hearing about her team, "Damn I should never have left. Well I trust your judgement, that this team is a better group than the one run by a demon summoner. To bad, we had a solid crew! Except maybe for Vyshan, who was always looking for the ultimate weapon of destroying everything." She turns away before she does tear up and listens to Starchief.

Mara smiles a bit in reaction to his speech, Well, it seems he is more than just a pretty face. "Nice speech boss man." She turns to Sorrenson, but sees the Ratonoid is heading away, back to his Drudge, what is going on here? I gotta get their comm frequency

She sees Juan confronting an armored man that was with that Alex person. Why not. Mara tries listening to the armored man's thoughts with telepathy. (-4 isp)
Mara Archerean

PPE: 188 / 288
ISP: 61 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(active)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Fri May 10, 2019 9:59 am

Per: 1d20+2 = 4
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18/1d100 = 48

Lisa looks surprised as Starchief gets up and addresses the audience but she quickly slips into a wide grin as she hears what he has to say.
"Sploosh.", she mutters. I knew that he had that kind of passion! While Andra is speaking, she gets a drink intended for Icky.

"How'd I do?"

"If words were bullets, that bitch just got filled with holes.", Solaris answers, with all the tact of a soldier.

At Aiofe's warning and Starchief's realization of incoming threats, Solaris seals her helmet back up.
"Good work, Aiofe. Looks like the party's over, people. We'd best retrieve our weapons and make our escape."

”Believe what you will- Alexandra has never wavered in her commitment to oppressed peoples everywhere. Unlike some” she flashes a pointed glance at Starchief, ”she will never abandon the fight. Nor should any of you. All Seeronians everywhere have a duty to fight this tyranny with everything they have. Anyone who can wear a vest can take the fight to evil- it is simply a matter of will. Those who have it. And those who don’t.”

"Wonder where she was when Center was under attack? Or that demon planet threatened to destroy everything?"

Solaris hurries to link back up with Icky, give him his drink and get her rifle. "Sorry, big guy. You're gonna have to gulp it down.", she says sheepishly.
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 76/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 2/1d100 = 52

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 60/110 MDC (?)

I knew this was a setup, he adds to himself. None of that was public knowledge, especially the part about the uprising. No mention of Cormal so I'm guessing it's the Empire spying on the Sploogies and forwarding any mentions of us to the group we're after. Probably here to stir up the resistance and somehow got wind that we were on our way. What was that she was saying about Alexandra and the ‘Word’ there? Something about that sounded vaguely familiar… he searches his memory for a clue.

Skill Rolls
Lore: Galactic/Alien 30% ((EP-purchased critical success))
Radio: Basic -- 1d100 = 80/98% (99%)


Sorrenson wrote:"Well she gives me the creeps really bad!. How the funk does she know so much about us and what we've been up to?" He asks over the team channel.


“We got us a fan club, Sorrey. A couple dozen mutfruit muffins say she’s either one o' da Guardsmen or she’s workin' fer 'em.”

Sorrenson wrote:"Righto, I think I've only got one way out, the door we came in. Unless I start crashing through walls. What's the plan?"


“Meatball’s call. His world, his peeps, his hangout. But ya better call it quick -- we got company.”

Juan Echo wrote:"Oh, good, and I was worried we'd have to scour the whole planet looking for the Guardsmen. When they get here we can ask them if we were lured to this bar on purpose or just happily collateral damage. But I believe their plan is to start the revolution from right here. They will lead the lead the Tarlok here, a lot of innocent Urqos will be killed in the brawl, and the prophet and her minions will use this as a call to arms."


“Well, Chuckles, today’s yer lucky day ‘cause dey’re right outside…” he radios back. Standing in the doorway into the main hall he shouts out to the crowd, “OI DA ‘OUSE! DA LOCAL GOON SQUAD’S OUTSIDE! If ya got any hidey-holes dat witch don’t know ‘bout, ya better use ‘em!”

Solaris wrote:Solaris hurries to link back up with Icky, give him his drink and get her rifle. "Sorry, big guy. You're gonna have to gulp it down.", she says sheepishly.


“Ha! No worries. Ain’t da first time, ain’t gonna be da last…” Icky chuckles as he grabs the drink and chugs it in seemingly a single gulp. “Oi, not bad. I’ve ‘ad worse. Much obliged, Goldie.” He sets the mug aside and looks towards Starchief. “Alright, Meatball. What’s da play? We rabbitin’ or we bashin’?”

If the plan is to fight, then he draws his swords and activates his suit’s force field ((OOC: Need time reference since fight with the nasty critters to estimate shield recharge please)). If the plan is to duck out he’ll help get the patrons out as much as he can before making his own exit.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Tue May 14, 2019 8:58 am

Perception: 1d100 = 100/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 65

Mara wrote:"Nice speech boss man."

"Thanks, Mara. These are my people and they need me."
Solaris wrote:"If words were bullets, that bitch just got filled with holes."

Damnit, if that isn't what I appreciate about you! He grins at her and says "Let's just hope it worked."

At the recalling of his deeds, Starchief thinks to himself Life or death situations beyond my control. I am in control now and am no ally of the Splugorth or of any slavers at all. His grin disappears as he addresses the herald. "Only an ally of my enemy would know of my close calls with evil forces. Tell your Alexandra we'll be seeing her." As she leaves the room, Starchief stands up and puts his helmet on. "Trouble incoming. Get ready for a fight, this was definitely a trap."

Chef Icky wrote:
Juan Echo wrote:"Oh, good, and I was worried we'd have to scour the whole planet looking for the Guardsmen. When they get here we can ask them if we were lured to this bar on purpose or just happily collateral damage. But I believe their plan is to start the revolution from right here. They will lead the lead the Tarlok here, a lot of innocent Urqos will be killed in the brawl, and the prophet and her minions will use this as a call to arms."


“Well, Chuckles, today’s yer lucky day ‘cause dey’re right outside…” he radios back. Standing in the doorway into the main hall he shouts out to the crowd, “OI DA ‘OUSE! DA LOCAL GOON SQUAD’S OUTSIDE! If ya got any hidey-holes dat witch don’t know ‘bout, ya better use ‘em!”


He turns to the bar and says "We have incoming! If you can fight, please fight! If not, make your escape now! We will hold them off! Sorrenson, get suited up and get out into that alleyway. We're gonna take this fight outside. They don't build them like this anymore. Once he's out, everyone else out after him and give him some cover fire. I'm gonna take over for the bouncer in case they come in through the front. Solaris, lock them down if they get past me. You're my back up. We'll be out as soon as it's clear. Go!"

Starchief draws Champion and makes his way to the front door that the main group came in through. He puts his hand on the bouncer's shoulder and says "I can take it from here, son."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Wed May 15, 2019 11:40 am

Already suspicious of just how the priestess knew so much about your activities (particularly the most morally questionable ones, devoid of context), it comes as no surprise when Starchief, Aoife, and Icky put two and two together and conclude that an ambush is imminent- with a video feed to back up your case. Following a little last commentary as the priestess makes her exit (including a heavy threat from Starchief), Sorrenson and Solaris vault over to the storeroom where Icky waits with the heavy ordinance. Sorrenson gets suited up as quickly as he can, and thanks to some help with Icky is more-or-less ready to go by the time the Tarlok forces outside have landed. As he finishes his prep, it occurs to Sorrenson that his drones might also be useful for surveillance purposes, and he mentally directs his amulet to keep an eye on the priestess lady as she leaves. The spy drone in Sorrenson’s complement does a quick circuit of the building, and the amulet reports back that there is no sign of the woman leaving.

Meanwhile, Juan tries to pick a fight with the guard covering the priestess’ exit.
Juan Echo wrote:"You stupid stupid Urqos, you placed your faith in a prophet that is far away and probably dead. But I am a God and I am right here and very deadly, you will tell me what blasphemy you committed tonight so we can save your people."
The guard bristles and responds, ”Hey asshole, I don’t know who you are or what an Urqos is, but it’s pretty clear you’re not from around here so if you’re not gonna help maybe you should mind your own damn business. Since you sure don’t seem like you have half a clue what you’re talking about.” He holds his position by the ‘exit’, clearly spoiling to teach the Godling a lesson but maintaining enough professionalism not to leave his post as he does so. Starchief also notices that something about the guard’s voice seems familiar- it’s hard to tell from underneath the helmet exactly who it could be, though. At the same time, Mara conducts a surface scan of the guard’s thoughts ((-4 ISP)) while Juan, after his aborted interrogation, enters a combat trance for a few seconds and emerges ready for battle ((-10 ISP)).

At Icky’s announcement of the Tarlok’s presence, however, the semi-controlled chaos within the bar turns into bedlam. The guard immediately forgets his hostility towards Juan, and bellows ”EVERYONE OUT THE BACK! LET’S GO!!!”, waving his arm “backstage” in the same direction through which priestess exited.

Jabbing his finger at Starchief, he says ”Andra, if you’re still on our side prove it. You know how this works- these people are all out of costume, and if the Tarlok catch them here their families are done for. Just buy us a minute or two to get these people out- then we’ll follow them and blow up the building behind us.”

You have your orders. What are you doing?
Being Round 1!

OOC Comments
Those of you who didn’t use it last round, you have about a minute between Icky’s announcement and the Tarlok trying to breach the front door for prep time. Crude map outline below.
Attachments
Bar0.jpg
Bar0.jpg (71.58 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu May 16, 2019 6:23 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 55
JiC: 1d20 = 16/1d100 = 36
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 22

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 140/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated once): 35/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Effects
Intuitive Combat (already added to rolls)
    Duration: 12 melee rounds
    +3 Initiative
    +1 Strike
    +1 Parry
    +4 Dodge
    +4 Pull punch
    +2 Roll with punch
    +2 Disarm
Moves
APM: 6
Actions
1. Body flip nearest Tarlok, strike - 1d20+7 = 26/damage 1d6 = 2 M.D.
2. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+9 = 15/damage - 6d6 = 24 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+9 = 27/damage - 6d6 = 23 M.D.
3. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+9 = 13/damage - 6d6 = 27 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+9 = 16/damage - 6d6 = 23 M.D.
4. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+9 = 29 (NATURAL 20!)/damage - 6d6 = 19 x 2 = 38 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+9 = 26/damage - 6d6 = 19 M.D.
5. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+9 = 20/damage - 6d6 = 26 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+9 = 27/damage - 6d6 = 26 M.D.
6. Twin strike with Magical Clubs on nearest threat
right club, strike - 1d20+9 = 13/damage - 6d6 = 15 M.D.
left club, strike - 1d20+9 = 20/damage - 6d6 = 23 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Energy blast at Tarlok; strike - 1d20+7 = 8 (CRITICAL FAILURE)/damage - 3d6 = 9 M.D.
2. Energy blast at Tarlok; strike - 1d20+7 = 13/damage - 3d6 = 11 M.D.
3. Energy blast at Tarlok; strike - 1d20+7 = 24/damage - 3d6 = 12 M.D.
4. Activate Armor of Ithan
Dodge (Intuitive Combat) Rolls
1)1d20+11 = 22; 2)1d20+11 = 27; 3)1d20+11 = 18; 4)1d20+11 = 31; 5)1d20+11 = 16; 6)1d20+11 = 17;
Parry Rolls
1)1d20+10 = 16; 2)1d20+10 = 23; 3)1d20+10 = 18; 4)1d20+10 = 13; 5)1d20+10 = 25; 6)1d20+10 = 20
Some dumbshit Urqos wrote:"Hey asshole, I don’t know who you are or what an Urqos is, but it’s pretty clear you’re not from around here so if you’re not gonna help maybe you should mind your own damn business. Since you sure don’t seem like you have half a clue what you’re talking about."

Juan Echo's eyes narrow into thin white beams of light over his stony red face; his jaw lowers, while his mouth remains closed, and clicks back shut. "Oh, I'll help,"Juan replies, "You let these innocents out of here using the secret tunnel your boss has under this compound. (Cults always have secret tunnels hidden in their bases*). While you do that, I am going to take out some of my anger on some Tarlok."**

"Urqos Sorrenson, Urqos Boxy, hold on to my grenade launcher for a little longer please. It will be of little use in the bar.***

The same dumbshit Urqos wrote:"Andra, if you’re still on our side prove it. You know how this works- these people are all out of costume, and if the Tarlok catch them here their families are done for. Just buy us a minute or two to get these people out- then we’ll follow them and blow up the building behind us."

"Called it." He picks up his helmet and turns on the N.00.b. LED lights and sound system. Jonny does love himself a good bar brawl The gold lights glow bright, and shining off the teal plates of his armor, he looks like a hero trapped in a virtual reality game, only in even more garish colors. A tight drum beat starts to emit from the speakers on his EBA, and Juan starts tapping along with his Magical Clubs against a table. He doesn't know the song, but he likes it.

Juan will wait in the bar to provide cover for the last patrons to make their escape. When the the first Tarlok to come bursting into the Ink and Rose, Juan will flip it on its back (Actions 1) and beat it repeatedly with his Magical Clubs (Actions 2-6). Once the non-combatants have made it out, and if the fighting is out on the streets, Juan will move outside and join the other Galactic Adventurers. If/when that Tarlok is taken out, Juan will then go after the nearest threat with his clubs. If the most urgent target is not within swinging range, he will fire an energy blast (Contingencies 1-3). If the Tarlok get enough hits on him, Juan will also recharge his Armor of Ithan (Contingency 4).

* Per Rate-A-Deity:
DeVoTeD4eVa wrote:1 out of 10
Even when you aren't worshiping him, Juan Echo is the worst God ever! The Holy Mystic Eva was about to introduce me to my spirit animal (it was a blood beetle, who knew?!?!) when "Jonny" comes "wandering" in, kicks a hole in the wall, and chases after my mistress down some staircase behind the wall! I never found my true calling! And all because he said she was committing some "evil heresy"! At this rate I may never find the right faith for me! Maybe I should just reread Dianetics!
** Juan would have said this just after hearing about incoming enemies but before Icky makes his public announcement.
*** Juan left his NE-74GL Grenade Launcher with Sorrenson's Drudge PA before entering the bar, but hasn't gone back to get it yet.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 am

Perception: 1d100 = 47
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 17 / 1d100 = 76
OOC Comments
PPE: 107/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 9 minutes left
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Starchief wrote: Sorrenson, get suited up and get out into that alleyway. We're gonna take this fight outside.

Sorrenson hears this, nods and looks at the loading bay door. Gotta be a switch around here somewhere... Once he finds the switch, he presses it to open the door and asks Icky a question."Righto, see you guys on the outside. Icky, you coming with?" If he can't find the switch, he'll force the door by pushing it, kicking it or some other form of Power Armor borne persuasive violence.
Juan Echo wrote:"Urqos Sorrenson, Urqos Boxy, hold on to my grenade launcher for a little longer please. It will be of little use in the bar."

Before he leaves Sorrenson makes sure he doesn't leave anyone's gear behind. "Everyone got the gear they want? Juan, Boxy's got your launcher." He looks over his shoulder to see what Mara is doing, making sure she's okay. Haven't heard from her over comms... I don't even know if she's on our channel. Better get her on it. "Hey, does Mara have our comms channel? Can some one closer to her give it to her? I don't think I should just shout it out." He turns to the door and steels himself. Here we go again. Time to find out what these Tarlok are made of... He blows the Drudge a kiss, for good luck. Well, he tries to. He actually just smooshes up his lips up against his drinking water straw as spittle sprays the inside of his cockpit. Oh, glad no one can see this. it's the thought that counts. Right?

Once outside Sorrenson looks for Tarlok to shoot. He moves to the end of the alley, kicking trash in front of himself as he goes. Afterwards he'll say it was to create a distraction. In the moment he's just having fun. Hey you! You want some trash? I got trash for you! I'm a TRASH BEAST! Rawr. At the end of the alley, with trash confetti raining all around him and a little smile of contentment on his face, he starts shooting. Nothing fancy, he just shoots closest targets first. Although he does look around for a nice juicy target for a valley or two of his NE-800 launcher.

initiative: 1d20 = 11
APM: 8
Action 1: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 18, damage 2d4*10 = 80 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 19, damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 6, damage 2d4*10 = 80 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 12, damage 2d4*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 6, damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 3, damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 7: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 19, damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 8: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+1 = 21, damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.

Dodges if needed:
1d20+8 = 15, 1d20+8 = 21, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 14, 1d20+8 = 17
Parries if needed:
1d20+10 = 24, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 17, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 30

If his AoI is shot, blasted or clawed away he'll use an action to renew.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Mara » Sun May 19, 2019 5:56 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 36 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 60

Conditions: Heart in chains-- 60 min duration, 450/450 MD; Eyes Three-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative, P-Field Divide ranged/explosion damage by 10; Enhanced Reflexes--12 min duration

She says to Juan and Starburst while looking at the guard, "He seems genuine, more worried about those people than anything." She gives the man a respectful nod as she activates her Heart in chains tattoo (-40 ppe) and Eyes Three tattoo (-20 ppe)

Mara says out loud as she activates Enhanced Reflexes (-10 isp), "Well, its been awhile since I've been in a serious scrap, so this should be interesting." She draws Stoney Dragon and moves to watch Starburst's backside. It is a nice backside! Makes sense he may be a bit Atlantean. She looks at him, "better two of us skewer these creatures, one swordsman alone can get overwhelmed from behind, but two." She smiles and winks at him. She calms her breathing and prepares as she has been trained. Hope these cats are well trained. They did well against those beasts, but I assume these are trained solders we are about to face. I will say Sorrenson looks a lot more confident than I remember. She activates the P-Field harness she is wearing. Just in case.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7 = 15

Action 1: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 28 Damage: 10d6+12 = 48 X 2 if evil
Action 2: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 17 Damage: 10d6+12 = 51 X 2 if evil
Action 3: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 22 Damage: 10d6+12 = 48 X 2 if evil
Action 4: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 34 Crit Damage: 10d6+12 = 53 x2 = 106 X 2 if evil
Action 5: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 31 CritDamage: 10d6+12 = 34 x2 = 68 X 2 if evil
Action 6: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 34 CritDamage: 10d6+12 = 44 x2 = 88 X 2 if evil
Action 7: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 26 Damage: 10d6+12 = 52 X 2 if evil
Action 8: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 16 Damage: 10d6+12 = 45 X 2 if evil

Parry: 1d20+15 = 23 1d20+15 = 28 1d20+15 = 31 1d20+15 = 18 1d20+15 = 29 1d20+15 = 25 1d20+15 = 28 1d20+15 = 35
Dodge as needed: 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 28 1d20+14 = 19 1d20+14 = 25 1d20+14 = 19 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 29 1d20+14 = 22
Mara Archerean

PPE: 188 / 288
ISP: 61 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(active)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Tue May 21, 2019 12:19 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 15/1d100 = 52
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 24

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 110/110 MDC
- Armor Bizarre: 150/150 MDC

Dark Lord wrote:At Icky’s announcement of the Tarlok’s presence, however, the semi-controlled chaos within the bar turns into bedlam. The guard immediately forgets his hostility towards Juan, and bellows ”EVERYONE OUT THE BACK! LET’S GO!!!”, waving his arm “backstage” in the same direction through which priestess exited.

Jabbing his finger at Starchief, he says ”Andra, if you’re still on our side prove it. You know how this works- these people are all out of costume, and if the Tarlok catch them here their families are done for. Just buy us a minute or two to get these people out- then we’ll follow them and blow up the building behind us.”


Icky scowls a bit when he sees where the guard is motioning the crowd. Either he’s legit or he’s herding everyone into the trap just like they planned. Here’s hoping it's the former. “Dionysus be wit’ ya, folks…” he grunts out softly as he turns back into the storage room and begins frantically distributing the big heavy hardware that had been left with him and Sorrenson.

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson hears this, nods and looks at the loading bay door. Gotta be a switch around here somewhere... Once he finds the switch, he presses it to open the door and asks Icky a question."Righto, see you guys on the outside. Icky, you coming with?" If he can't find the switch, he'll force the door by pushing it, kicking it or some other form of Power Armor borne persuasive violence.


“Oi, right behind ya, chummer. Looks like it’s time ta get dangerous…” Icky nods as he slaps down his helmet faceplate and whips out his swords with a twirling flourish. Feetal’s gizz. My armor’s taken a beating, and the force field won’t last too long even at full strength. This is going to hurt. Unless… He glances down at Darkwing in his hand. Well, why not? Gotta try it out sooner or later.

“Oh, an’ just a word o’ warnin’ ‘ere chum,” he adds as he wills the magic out of his sword, “I gotta feelin’ dat things are also ‘bout ta get rather… ugly…”

He follows Sorrenson out through the exit and prepares to plunge blades-first into the Tarloks outside.


Combat Actions
NOTES:
  • If (Dionysus forbid) for some reason he should roll a natural 1 and drop Darkwing he'll sacrifice the very next attack to pick it up.
  • When wielding Darkwing, Icky's strength is 42 (SN) doing 6d6 MD with a single punch.
  • Also, if these things are of evil alignment it does double damage.
  • Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19, 20.

  1. Activate Armor Bizarre (10 minute duration; 150 MDC; opponents are -1 to initiative and must make a save vs H.F. 14 at the beginning of every melee round)
  2. Carve a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 28; Damage: 12d6 = 33 MD CRITICAL!
  3. Divide a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15; Damage: 12d6 = 48 MD
  4. Lacerate a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 13; Damage: 12d6 = 47 MD
  5. Mince a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 26; Damage: 12d6 = 38 MD
  6. Prune a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 19; Damage: 12d6 = 42 MD
  7. Skive a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 30; Damage: 12d6 = 37 MD CRITICAL!
  8. Perforate a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 21; Damage: 12d6 = 36 MD

Parries using Oradro's/Giran's sword: 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 29, 1d20+14 = 28, 1d20+14 = 16, 1d20+14 = 17, 1d20+14 = 18, 1d20+14 = 31, 1d20+14 = 17
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Solaris » Wed May 22, 2019 2:44 am

Perception: 1d100 = 29/58%
JIC: 1d20 = 13/1d100 = 44

Upon hearing Starchief's orders, Solaris offers up a terse, "Copy that!", and shoulders her rifle, ready for combat.
She moves out to find some kind of cover and increases the gravity at the entrance.

Once/if the shooting starts, Solaris takes note of any officers (Intelligence 1d100 = 25/59%; pass) and attempts to gun them down first.

If anyone looks to be in trouble, she'll try to render assistance with Force Manipulation.

I don't know if I really trust them to blow up the place before we egress.

"'Chief, what's to say the crazies don't level the bar with us inside?"

Combat Stuffs
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3 (+6 for Amplified Hearing, if applicable)
# of Actions: 7

Action 1: Increase gravity at the entrance
Action 2: Bolt of cold at first/nearest opponent strike 1d20+3 = 20, damage 10d6 = 33
Action 3: Bolt of cold at first/nearest opponent strike 1d20+3 = 6, damage 10d6 = 32
Action 4: Bolt of cold at first/nearest opponent strike 1d20+3 = 17, damage 10d6 = 34
Action 5: Bolt of cold at first/nearest opponent strike 1d20+3 = 13, damage 10d6 = 36
Action 6: Bolt of cold at first/nearest opponent strike 1d20+3 = 11, damage 10d6 = 45
Action 7: Bolt of cold at first/nearest opponent strike 1d20+3 = 10, damage 10d6 = 38

Contingencies:

Parry if attacked in melee
1d20+10 = 29, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 30, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 14

Roll if punch/fall/impact if hit
1d20+10 = 23, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 11, 1d20+10 = 17

If someone is in trouble, attempt to use Force Manipulation on their attacker and throw them into a wall, ceiling, or other opponent.
1d20+3 = 10
Commander Lisa Solaris
HP 28/28
SDC 56/56
PPE 3/3

Armor: 220/220
Ammo: 30/30
User avatar
Solaris
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Wed May 22, 2019 8:41 am

Perception: 1d100 = 43/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 95

Dark Lord wrote:
Juan Echo wrote:"You stupid stupid Urqos, you placed your faith in a prophet that is far away and probably dead. But I am a God and I am right here and very deadly, you will tell me what blasphemy you committed tonight so we can save your people."
The guard bristles and responds, ”Hey asshole, I don’t know who you are or what an Urqos is, but it’s pretty clear you’re not from around here so if you’re not gonna help maybe you should mind your own damn business. Since you sure don’t seem like you have half a clue what you’re talking about.” He holds his position by the ‘exit’, clearly spoiling to teach the Godling a lesson but maintaining enough professionalism not to leave his post as he does so. Starchief also notices that something about the guard’s voice seems familiar- it’s hard to tell from underneath the helmet exactly who it could be, though.


This was all a setup! Either the Tarlok followed my crew here or they were lead here by this false prophet's lackies! And why does that voice sound familar?

Dark Lord wrote:Jabbing his finger at Starchief, he says ”Andra, if you’re still on our side prove it. You know how this works- these people are all out of costume, and if the Tarlok catch them here their families are done for. Just buy us a minute or two to get these people out- then we’ll follow them and blow up the building behind us.”

"That's Starchief to you, Stranger. You just worry about getting the people out of here. It's been a long time since I got to crack some Tarbull skulls." I'll need to figure out who the hell that is before I'm wrapped up on this planet. Friend? Enemy? I can't tell.

Solaris wrote:"'Chief, what's to say the crazies don't level the bar with us inside?"

"They want the people inside. They want to put them on display as a warning to others who might resist. But they'll find us and they'll find that we're not so easy to subdue."

Mara wrote:"better two of us skewer these creatures, one swordsman alone can get overwhelmed from behind, but two." She smiles and winks at him.

"Let's show these monsters how we do it, Mara. Welcome to the crew."
With Champion in hand, Starchief stands a bit back from the door and activates his N-50B Forcefield for some added protection. Can never be too safe around these monsters. He turns to speak to those from his team left in the bar. "When they come through, give them everything you've got. But on my mark, you get the hell out of here and don't look back. I've got a plan to survive the explosion but I don't want you getting hurt. Am I clear?"

When the door is breached, Starchief fires off some mini-missiles to soften up the incoming Tarlok before taking the fight to them in close quarters. The inspiring glow of Champion mixed with his improved physicality since he was last on Seeron make Starchief think. Maybe I was meant to see the world so I could return here new and improved to fight for my people? He uses his swordplay skills to parry any incoming attacks while slicing away at the natural armor of the enemy.

Initiative: 1d20+10 = 23
APM: 11

Action 1: Fire mini-missile at incoming Tarlok. Strike: 1d20+9 = 13 Damage: 6d6 = 25 MD to a 3 foot area.
Action 2: Fire mini-missile at incoming Tarlok. Strike: 1d20+9 = 14 Damage: 6d6 = 19 MD to a 3 foot area.
Action 3: Fire mini-missile at incoming Tarlok. Strike: 1d20+9 = 26 Damage: 6d6 = 21 MD to a 3 foot area.
Action 4: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 23 Damage: 6d6 = 19 MD
Action 5: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 33 Damage: 6d6 = 16 MD
Action 6: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 21 Damage: 6d6 = 19 MD
Action 7: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 19 Damage: 6d6 = 19 MD
Action 8: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 19 Damage: 6d6 = 16 MD
Action 9: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 34 (CRIT) Damage: 6d6 = 15x2=30 MD
Action 10: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 19 Damage: 6d6 = 23 MD
Action 11: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 29 Damage: 6d6 = 25 MD

Parries: 1d20+20 = 391d20+20 = 381d20+20 = 351d20+20 = 361d20+20 = 211d20+20 = 251d20+20 = 311d20+20 = 391d20+20 = 29
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+13 = 261d20+13 = 161d20+13 = 191d20+13 = 231d20+13 = 221d20+13 = 191d20+13 = 231d20+13 = 301d20+13 = 281d20+13 = 29
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Wed May 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Whereas in a bar full of civilians, Icky’s announcement about the imminent ‘police action’ would prompt chaos, if not outright panic, the (mostly) seasoned resistance fighters in the bar know how to respond to a raid. In a flash people are out of their seats, and tables are flipped over (for all the protection they’ll offer against the Tarloks heavy ordinance) even as the… guard? Bodyguard? Organizes an evac out of the back entrance. Those of you who passed your perception roll by at least 15% last round will notice that there’s no daylight on the other side of that entrance- suggesting a tunnel (unless he’s leading them all into another storeroom and this is one big double-cross). Starchief’s nagging sense of familiarity with the man, including the ease with which he addresses him as Andra, suggests against this possibility however.
Starchief wrote:"That's Starchief to you, Stranger. You just worry about getting the people out of here. It's been a long time since I got to crack some Tarbull skulls."
The man replies, and from his tone it wouldn’t be a stretch to conclude that he’s smiling. ”I remember.” Turning to ease the first few evacuees out the back, he murmurs what sounds like a complicated set of directions and starts guiding people. Solaris picks up something like, ”…through there, behind the furnace. It’s a tight fit but just keep going. I’ll be right behind you.” Whatever it is, the escape route doesn’t appear to have been designed with speed in mind- the resistance fighters are bottlenecking in the room behind you. You’ll have to hold until they’re through.

Outside, a dozen or so hovercars land and disgorge Tarlok troopers- mostly standard infantry, armed and wearing some sort of primitive powered armor, but with a few bearing wicked-looking energy axes. It’s hard to see from within the bar, but if Starchief had to guess he’s say it’s one of their elite hunter-killer teams- total compliment 20 or so troopers. Fortunately, they aren’t aware that Sorrenson’s drone feed tipped you off, so they take the time to fan out in anticipation of surrounding the building and get into formation. That gives those of you inside to reclaim your heavy ordinance, prep your personal defenses, and get ready for one helluva melee.

Two of the bigger-looking Tarlok unsheathe and activate their energy axes, and with a wave to their compatriots charge towards the main entrance. Six troopers fall in line behind them, each brandishing a nasty-looking cannon of some sort (Starchief recognizes it as the standard-issue sidewinder plasma cannon). Things are tense within the bar, and mostly silent (barring some grunting and scraping from the back entrance as the other resistance fighters wriggle their way through) as the Tarlok gingerly approach the entrance. Then, they fling the doors open and all hell breaks loose.

Fully half the team is waiting in ambush just inside the door. Starchief lets loose with a volley of micro-missiles on the second rank of Tarlok. Two of the Tarlok troopers dive for cover off to one side, only to have Aoife pin them down with covering fire from behind the bar. The remaining three are knocked back a step, even as Icky and Starchief charge forward to engage the lead Tarlok. The contrast between the heroic visage presented by Starchief (complete with Champion’s gentle golden glow) and the… interesting choice of armor by Icky could not be starker, and two of the second-rank Tarlok stumble backwards in terror at the writhing tentacles. The onslaught leaves the two lead Tarlok exposed, and the two of you charge into the opening. Icky finds his opponent competent, blocking two of Darkwing’s thrusts, but not nearly skilled enough to prevent Icky from slicing off his armor in a blurring 1-2-3 and stabbing him a few times in the chest for good measure. Icky’s smug, self-satisfaction at the exchange fades, however, as he realizes just how resilient the Tarlok are- the one fighting him merely grins (at least, you HOPE that’s what that means) and fights back. The damn things are deceptively fast with those energy axes, and while Icky blocks the bulk of the monster’s attacks a few get through. At his side, Starchief finds the going much easier- he likewise carves off the Tarlok’s armor and delivers a satisfying one-two punch to its torso while only a single hit makes it through his defenses in turn ((-13 MDC Starchief)).

The second rank, meanwhile, has recovered its equilibrium (physical and mental), and four of the six charge in around their fellows grappling with Starchief and Icky even as the two continue trading weapons fire with Aoife. The ‘bodyguard’ seems to come from nowhere and tackle one of the Tarlok, the two going down in a tangle of limbs (you think… keen observers will note that the guard appears to have changed one of his hands into a blade of some sort). Another meets a similar fate, courtesy of Juan Echo whose own… colorful battle preparations are quickly drowned out amidst the din of battle (though those of you nearby appreciate the morale boost). Expertly using his opponent’s charge against him, Juan flips the Tarlok to one side and immediately pounces upon him, trying very hard to pound the fellow into jelly. Juan gets his bell rung once, courtesy of a lucky blow amidst the Tarlok’s thrashing, but continues pounding undeterred until the Tarlok’s skull caves in and it falls to the ground, dead. Less than impressed, Juan rounds on the next-closest Tarlok and delivers another couple whacks with his clubs. This one has the good sense to back off a pace and open fire with its plasma cannon, and it hits the godling hard- the plasma blasts bathe Juan and burn off both his armor of ithan. The godling barely has a chance to re-activate it before several more blasts hit him, destroy another layer of magical protection, and scar his regular body armor underneath.

Perhaps because of their chauvinistic culture, the Tarlok effectively ignore Mara during their initial advance into the bar. This proves to be a mistake as the Undead Slayer steps forward, draws her own magical blade, attacks the Tarlok engaged with Starchief, and smoothly disembowels him in a series of strikes. Not content with saving the more attractive of her new allies, Mara glides over to Icky’s opponent and decapitates him with a single strike from behind. Mara is quite pleased with this display in front of Sorrenson’s new team, until one of the Tarloks outside bellows and she turns to see another rank of six charging her position- these all armed with energy axes. Nonplussed, the Atlantean turns to meet the attack and counter with her own blade, nearly slicing one in half and denting the armor of a second. However it and two of its fellows appear to have corrected their underestimation of the female, and begin lashing out with their axes in quick succession- Mara is able to block many of the blows but not all of them. She is in danger of being overwhelmed under the assault ((-214 MDC Mara)). Each of the other two troopers charge at Starchief and Icky, with the latter’s defenses beginning to buckle but Starchief again easily fending off all but a single blow ((-34 MDC Starchief)).

Solaris and Aoife, being the only allies to stay out of the melee fray, hang back and have a somewhat different perspective on the battle. Even as most of the combatants they see are grappling, three heavily armored troopers that make up the third rank of the Tarlok infantry charge start pushing in to the combat area. Judging by the way one of them (also denoted by the energy axe he carries) is barking orders he looks to be the one in charge. Solaris hits all three with a gravity field just outside the edge of the melee with Starchief, Mara, and Icky- the Tarlok grunt and stagger to a near-standstill as they try to fight free of the effects of the gravity field. Solaris takes the opportunity to take a few potshots at the commanding officer; she hits but is unable to penetrate the heavy plating (though she does damage it severely). Roaring in response, the Tarlok commander bellows and returns fire with his sidearm ((-55 MDC Solaris)) while his two companions level their plasma cannons and fire on Starchief and only his preternatural agility keeps him from being killed ((-100 MDC Starchief)). Furthermore, all three continue to press forward out of the high-G area and will succeed in doing so soon. Taking their cues from their superior, each of the remaining Tarlok recover their wits and open fire on Starchief; even his agility can’t entirely keep him out of the storm of plasma blasts flying through the air ((-90 MDC Starchief)).

Meanwhile, Sorrenson has used the interregnum to slip back out through the loading dock, and into the alley. He sprints down it, towards the street where he can circle around and hit the Tarlok from the side- only to be accosted by two Tarlok in turn. The two growl out something in their own language, to which the techno-wizard responds with blaster fire. The pair confronting Sorrenson scatters in response, diving to either side of the alley and taking cover there before returning fire. Aiming his shots carefully, Sorrenson is able to hit one a couple of times before realizing that the troopers’ shots are tearing through the Drudge’s magical protection. He continuously renews it, pumping more and more of his magical reserves but the damned Tarlok keep disabling it with lucky shots from their plasma cannons. As it is, if this goes on for much longer (or they get reinforcements) he could be in trouble.

Begin round #2!

Current Status
Sorrenson is confronting two troopers in the alley out back.
Starchief, Mara, and Icky are locked in a melee with five axe-wielding Tarlok at the entrance of the bar. Directly behind them are three heavily-armored Tarlok who are (for the moment) contained in a high-gravity field by Solaris.
Two other Tarlok are fighting Juan a little inside the bar.
Two final Tarlok have been pinned down by Aoife off to one side and are trading fire, while a third is wrestling with the bodyguard on the ground.


Round 1 Summary
All PPE/ISP/ammo used as intended.
Icky: Armor bizarre destroyed, -39 MDC to force field
Starchief: -237 MDC
Juan: AoI destroyed twice, -45 MDC to EBA
Mara: -214 MDC to invulnerability aura. Note that the p-field is underneath your invulnerability tattoo.
Sorrenson: AoI reactivated a total of four times; -90 MDC from the current reactivation. -40 PPE total.
Solaris: -55 MDC
Attachments
Bar 1.jpg
Bar scene- End of round 1
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 10
JiC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 11

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated for the final time): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Effects
Intuitive Combat (already added to rolls)
    Duration: 11 melee rounds
    +3 Initiative
    +1 Strike
    +1 Parry
    +4 Dodge
    +4 Pull punch
    +2 Roll with punch
    +2 Disarm
Moves
APM: 6
Initiative: 1d20+7 = 22
Actions
1. Activate Armor of Ithan
2. Activate Magical Staff
3. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 26 (Critical Strike!); damage - 1d6*10 = 50 x 2 = 100 M.D.
4. Activate Energy Aura
5. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 18; damage - 1d6*10 = 50 M.D.
6. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 26 (Critical Strike!); damage - 1d6*10 = 20 x 2 = 40 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Reactivate Energy Aura
2. Reactivate Energy Aura
Auto dodge rolls
1. 1d20+2 = 18; 2. 1d20+2 = 13; 3. 1d20+2 = 19; 4. 1d20+2 = 7; 5. 1d20+2 = 9; 6. 1d20+2 = 12
Auto parry rolls
1. 1d20+7 = 25; 2. 1d20+7 = 26; 3. 1d20+7 = 24; 4. 1d20+7 = 25; 5. 1d20+7 = 20; 6. 1d20+7 = 20
The plasma scorches Juan Echo's teal armor, plates warping and turning black from the intense heat. The LED lights flicker and go dim. The tarlok have strength in numbers, and Juan cannot treat this like a run-of-the-mill bar fight; so he reactivates his Armor of Ithan for the third time in a single day (Action 1). He then clasps his Magical Clubs together forming a staff (Action 2). As the staff extends in his hands, Juan aims it at the two tarlok facing him to keep them at bay.

Whereas he attacked the first tarlok relentlessly, hardly letting his foe get a swing in, Juan takes a more cautious swing at his two current opponents (Action 3). He eyes their plasma cannons carefully, ready to dodge their blasts. Jonny, you might want to double bag it, like when you were with that wine soaked Urqos tart, what was her name... * Juan activates his energy aura (Action 4), and will reactivate it as many times as needed (Contingencies 1 and 2). Covered in three layers of protective shielding, Juan swings at the tarloks, pushing them back against the wall of the bar if possible (Actions 5 and 6).

*Her name was Anju, and she was a charming young woman that served as Juan's consort, and vintner, for several decades.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Mara » Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 12 1d100 = 4

Conditions: Heart in chains-- 60 min duration, 236/450 MD; Eyes Three-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative, P-Field Divide ranged/explosion damage by 10; Enhanced Reflexes--12 min duration

Mara just nods to Starburst as he says welcome to the team. Better show my value.

Mara is pleased that she is doing well in front of the new group, Don't want to embarrass Sorrenson as he vouched for me. These cats do seem pretty skilled. Good. As she catches the way Starburst moves, "Abyss Starburst, you are fast. You move like that Lanotaur Hunter we killed on Omega 5 when I was still in the Navy." Impressive. If Mara is able she will drift in behind an enemy, as the clan sword-master on Alexandria taught her.

As she is struck repeatedly by the four that went after her, "Really you are going to pick on the unarmored woman." Then she glares at the remaining three right after she nearly cuts one in half, "Fine!" And she moves to strike.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7 = 17
Notes:
x2 damage if Mara strikes from behind
x2 damage if the enemy is evil

Action 1: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 28 Damage: 10d6+12 = 52 X 2 if evil
Action 2: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 29 Damage: 10d6+12 = 43 X 2 if evil
Action 3: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 19 Damage: 10d6+12 = 49 X 2 if evil
Action 4: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 28 Damage: 10d6+12 = 46 X 2 if evil
Action 5: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 22 Damage: 10d6+12 = 40 X 2 if evil
Action 6: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 28 Damage: 10d6+12 = 37 X 2 if evil
Action 7: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 31 CRIT Damage: 10d6+12 = 54 x2 = 108 X 2 if evil
Action 8: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 19 Damage: 10d6+12 = 43 X 2 if evil

Parry: 1d20+15 = 35 1d20+15 = 33 1d20+15 = 30 1d20+15 = 35 1d20+15 = 24 1d20+15 = 35 1d20+15 = 16 1d20+15 = 19
Dodge as needed: 1d20+14 = 22 1d20+14 = 24 1d20+14 = 33 1d20+14 = 17 1d20+14 = 27 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 19 1d20+14 = 18
Mara Archerean

PPE: 188 / 288
ISP: 61 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(active)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Fri May 24, 2019 2:06 am

Perception: 1d100 = 11
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 10 / 1d100 = 11
OOC Comments
PPE: 67/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 10/100, 9.75 minutes left
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missles
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each

Sorrenson is alarmed by how much mana he's spending to keep up with the damage these backwater thugs are doing. Bloody hells! I'm just having to spam AoI just to stay ahead of the damage they're doing! As some point in the past Sorrenson had theory crafted that this kind of situation was possible. Back in the workshop, it had seemed a bit abstract, distant and not nearly as terrifying as it is. Here, right now and in the present. The casual rat boy who, just mere moments ago, was kicking trash ahead of himself while looking for things to shoot melts away. It's replaced by a rat boy who is waist deep in a stinking pool of 'unpleasant surprise' and fighting against a distant, yet rising, sense of panic.
Hello again Mr Sorrenson, I sense you're depleting your P.P.E reserves rather rapidly and you seem a touch nervous. I trust the situation you're in currently is under control? His Amulet of understanding asks him telepathically.
I'm caught in a Armor of Ithan spam race against incoming damage. It's not going well. he replies mentally, his tone terse and tense.
Perhaps I could assist. May I set the drones off the leash and have them attack the pair of targets you're currently engaging?
Yes please! That would be perfect. Thank you. Sorrenson groans a little. Why didn't I think of that?

The Amulet of Understanding sets the two combat drones to attack the pair of Tarlok in the alleyway from different angles. Sorrenson lifts up his NE-800 missile launcher and says "Play times over, kiddies." through his PA loud speaker. He fires repeated 4 missile volleys at the pair of Tarlok.

Initiative: 1d20 = 7
APM: 8
Action 1: Shoot Tarlok with NE-800, 4 missile volley 1d20+5 = 14 , damage 6d6*4 = 84 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot Tarlok with NE-800, 4 missile volley 1d20+5 = 8 , damage 6d6*4 = 44 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot Tarlok with NE-800, 4 missile volley 1d20+5 = 11 , damage 6d6*4 = 84 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Tarlok with NE-800, 4 missile volley 1d20+5 = 12 , damage 6d6*4 = 56 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 3, damage 2d4*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 9, damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 7: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 14, damage 2d4*10 = 50 M.D.
Action 8: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 15, damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.

Dodges if needed:
1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 13, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 28, 1d20+8 = 17
Parries if needed:
1d20+10 = 27, 1d20+10 = 21, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 14, 1d20+10 = 19, 1d20+10 = 20, 1d20+10 = 22, 1d20+10 = 28, 1d20+10 = 25

If his AoI is shot, blasted or clawed away he'll use an action to renew.

If the Tarlok in the alley way are dead, he'll reload the NE -800 with another clip of dumb missiles. Takes 2 actions.

Drone combat info:
OOC Comments
Drone 1
apm:6
initiative:1d20 = 9
Action 1: 1d20+2 = 22, Damage: 5d6 = 23
Action 2: 1d20+2 = 19, Damage: 5d6 = 19
Action 3: 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 18
Action 4: 1d20+2 = 18, Damage: 5d6 = 16
Action 5: 1d20+2 = 5, Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 6: 1d20+2 = 19, Damage: 5d6 = 13

Drone 2
apm:6
initiative:1d20 = 3
Action 1: 1d20+2 = 4, Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 2: 1d20+2 = 13, Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 3: 1d20+2 = 21, Damage: 5d6 = 14
Action 4: 1d20+2 = 13, Damage: 5d6 = 15
Action 5: 1d20+2 = 17, Damage: 5d6 = 21
Action 6: 1d20+2 = 8, Damage: 5d6 = 15
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Sun May 26, 2019 3:05 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76/43%
JIC: 1d20 = 19/1d100 = 36
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 22

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 71/110 MDC
- Armor Bizarre #2: 150/150 MDC

Icky grimaces as his summoned "really icky armor" is worn away so quickly. Explains why Meatball's so badass. They pretty much have to be if they want to stand up to these goons more than once.

"Oi, ya mugs ain't 'alf bad..." he grins as he summons a fresh coating of writhing... whatever. "An' 'ere I was afraid I'd be bored. Dis 'as all da makin's o' a beautiful brawl. Let's dance!"

He plunges into melee once more, hoping to relieve many more Tarlok of the burden of their failed and useless lives. But as his plastic surgeon always said, if you gotta go -- go with a smile.

Combat Actions
NOTES:
  • If (Dionysus forbid) for some reason he should roll a natural 1 and drop Darkwing he'll sacrifice the very next attack to pick it up.
  • When wielding Darkwing, Icky's strength is 42 (SN) doing 6d6 MD with a single punch.
  • Also, if these things are of evil alignment it does double damage.
  • Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19, 20.

  1. Activate Armor Bizarre #2 (10 minute duration; 150 MDC; opponents are -1 to initiative and must make a save vs H.F. 14 at the beginning of every melee round)
  2. Carve a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 12; Damage: 12d6 = 45 MD
  3. Divide a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 14; Damage: 12d6 = 31 MD
  4. Lacerate a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 12d6 = 46 MD
  5. Mince a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 12d6 = 46 MD
  6. Prune a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15; Damage: 12d6 = 45 MD
  7. Skive a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 15; Damage: 12d6 = 43 MD
  8. Perforate a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 17; Damage: 12d6 = 50 MD

Parries using Oradro's/Giran's sword: 1d20+14 = 23, 1d20+14 = 22, 1d20+14 = 20, 1d20+14 = 15, 1d20+14 = 26, 1d20+14 = 33, 1d20+14 = 32, 1d20+14 = 27
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:20 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 11/1d100 = 33

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 439/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 220/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 0/160 MDC (overloaded)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 156/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 4/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 1/4 micro missiles
Champion:
  • +3 to Strike, Parry and Dodge to all of a good alignment in 60 feet
Millennium Wand of Power:
  • Invulnerability: 50/50 MDC
  • The magic makes the individual impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, impervious to disease, poisons, toxins, gases, and drugs, and provides a form-fitting energy field which appears as a glowing aura around the body (50 M.D. C.). Once the 50 M.D.C. From the energy field are exhausted. the person will suffer normal damage to his own M.D.C. and/or Hit Points but remains invulnerable to the other things listed. Additionally. the invulnerable character is also +10 to save vs magic, psionic attacks and Horror Factor.


As his forcefield sputters out of existence, Starchief thinks to himself, Almost forgot how powerful those plasma blasts are. Time to put the pressure on them. He grabs his Millennium Wand in one hand, counting on it's Invulnerability enchantment to prevent him from harm.

Mara wrote:"Abyss Starburst, you are fast. You move like that Lanotaur Hunter we killed on Omega 5 when I was still in the Navy."

"Difference is, they haven't killed me yet." Damn, she is a strong fighter. Glad Sorrenson knew her. It'll make getting her on board a whole hell of a lot easier.

With Champion glowing in hand, Starchief continues to slice, dice, duck and weave his way through the Tarlok in front of him. As he fights, he tosses out a little bit of banter. "You're axing all the wrong questions, Lokdogs. Here, let me cut it into pieces you can understand." I hope they're making their escape quickly. We can't handle too many more reinforcements at this rate.

APM: 11
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 30

Action 1: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 36 (CRIT). Damage: 7d6+14 = 33x2=66 MD
Action 2: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 29. Damage: 7d6+14 = 39 MD
Action 3: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 33. Damage: 7d6+14 = 42 MD
Action 4: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 30. Damage: 7d6+14 = 35 MD
Action 5: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 35 (CRIT). Damage: 7d6+14 = 33x2=66 MD
Action 6: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 27. Damage: 7d6+14 = 35 MD
Action 7: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 27. Damage: 7d6+14 = 39 MD
Action 8: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 17. Damage: 7d6+14 = 48 MD
Action 9: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 19. Damage: 7d6+14 = 31 MD
Action 10: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 20. Damage: 7d6+14 = 44 MD
Action 11: Slash at Tarlok with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 21. Damage: 7d6+14 = 38 MD

Parries: 1d20+20 = 39 (CRIT)1d20+20 = 331d20+20 = 351d20+20 = 261d20+20 = 291d20+20 = 271d20+20 = 38 (CRIT)1d20+20 = 341d20+20 = 211d20+20 = 311d20+20 = 38 (CRIT)
Auto-Dodge: 1d20+13 = 271d20+13 = 33 (CRIT)1d20+13 = 301d20+13 = 211d20+13 = 171d20+13 = 221d20+13 = 251d20+13 = 141d20+13 = 32 (CRIT)1d20+13 = 151d20+13 = 25

Contingency: If his Invulnerability field pops, Starchief will activate Armor of Ithan from the Wand.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:55 am

For savages, the Tarlok fight pretty well. Several of you are knocked back on your heels by the speed and ferocity of their offensive, but with Champion’s glow filling the bar Starchief rallies all of you to fight harder. He even recovers his equilibrium enough to engage in a little witty repartee with Mara, before rounding on the Tarlok (which he recognizes after the fact as a Tarbull, not a Lokdog) and pounding his way through its defenses. The Tarbull is clearly outmatched, and though he puts up a valiant effort Starchief splits his torso wide open before rounding on one of the trio battling Mara and coming to her aid. The Tarbull is bowled over just as it lands a lucky blow on Mara ((-80 MDC Mara)), and Starchief manages to cut its armor to ribbons and severely wound the warrior in a blistering assault- substantially easing the pressure on his Atlantean colleague.

For a few seconds, anyway. Behind the melee, the three heavily armored Tarlok inside Solaris’ gravity field begin firing into the bar. A double-blast strikes Solaris full-on and with a shriek she goes flying back over the bar, landing heavily on the other side and losing her grip on her gravity field. Now freed, two of the heavy troopers begin pouring plasma fire into the bar. One of them targets Starchief, whose preternatural awareness and superhuman reflexes enable him to duck out of the way of the barrage. The other is less discriminating and catches Icky, Juan, and Mara with superheated blasts of plasma ((-110 MDC Icky and Mara, -50 MDC Juan)).

Still locked in a duel, Icky responds to the plasma attack by smashing his way through his opponent’s defense and stabbing the Tarlok through the chest. Mara quickly follows suit, executing a dizzying display of sword thrusts and ripostes that tear the armor off of both her remaining opponents and leave one on the ground clutching his guts. Even so, the melee is a chaotic affair and Mara finds her defenses sorely pressed by having to fight two opponents at once, and the energy aura provided by her tattoo finally fades out ((-63 MDC Mara; invulnerability armor destroyed)).

Meanwhile the third heavy trooper- presumably the leader, steps out from where Solaris’ field trapped him and calmly approaches Starchief. He hefts an energy Byomer much like those wielded by the others, but in his off-hand he pulls out a Tarlok energy mace. To the badly-wounded trooper facing Starchief, he says in Tarlok ”Leave this one to me, Lokdog.” To Starchief, he adds in accented Trade 4 ”You fight well, for an inferior species. I look forward to claiming that toothpick from your corpse.” Whirling both weapons, the Tarlok commander goes on an aggressive attack, drawing Starchief away from the wounded Tarbull and pressing him fiercely. Starchief tries every trick in the book to keep his assailant at bay, and is largely successful- the twin strikes are either deflected with Champion or evaded by a hair’s breadth. But this opponent is worlds beyond the others, and he lands several devastating blows on the former freedom fighter ((-125 MDC Starchief)).

Behind the main melee at the entrance, Juan faces off against two more of the troopers even as three others keep Aofie and the as yet unidentified resistance fighter busy. Cognizant of all the hits scoring his armor, Juan adopts a slightly more defensive posture- reigniting his own magical protection and merging his paired clubs into an energy staff-like weapon. Mistaking his mature handling of the threat as weakness, the two Tarlok facing Juan press the attack- or at least they were going to before Icky’s horrific armor slithers over his body and the two involuntarily step backward. Juan steps into the opening and cracks its armor wide open like some sort of shellfish. One of the godling’s follow-up blows is blocked, but the second rings the Tarlok’s bell and sends him staggering backwards. By that time, unfortunately, his fellow has recovered enough to lunge in and attack- but even with both Tarlok recovered and facing him Juan manages to fend both of them off with his staff quite easily.

Outside, Sorrenson is having a more difficult time. Recognizing that he is in an untenable endurance test with the two troopers before him, his distress is enough to be picked up by his amulet, which offers its assistance. Fighting off his nerves, Sorrenson directs it to have the two combat drones launch an attack salvo, while he preps a more explosive surprise for the two troopers. Even as they charge to attack him with another hail of plasma fire he opens up his missile launcher and fires volley after volley of missiles at his attackers. The resulting explosions consume both troopers’ armor but leave Sorrenson exposed as yet another rain of plasma fire descends upon him. He is barely able to stay ahead of the onslaught by channeling a near-continuous flow of his own magical reserves into the Drudge’s armor of ithan system, until the combat drones join the fray. One of the troopers goes down in a hail of laser fire, although he does hit one of the drones back ((-70 MDC to one combat drone)), leaving only a single (unarmored) opponent to finish off.

Round 2 Summary
Mara: Invulnerability destroyed
Solaris: -30 MDC
Icky: -110 MDC from armor bizarre
Juan: -50 MDC from AoI
Starchief: -125 MDC
Sorrenson: Ammo used as intended, -40 PPE. Current AoI at full strength. -70 MDC to one combat drone.

Current status
Map is essentially unchanged since last round so I will only update it if requested.
Solaris’ high-gravity field is gone, with two heavy troopers shooting plasma everywhere and a third battling Starchief. One wounded trooper is scurrying away from him looking for an easier target, another is still dueling Mara but has lost its armor. Two more troopers are facing off against each of Juan and Aoife, and a fifth is still struggling with the unidentified resistance fighter.
Sorrenson only has one opponent left.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:52 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 3 / 1d100 = 9
OOC Comments
PPE: 27/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 each
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 100/100, 9.75 minutes left
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 0/16 dumb missiles - until reload
Fusion Blocks 5/
5

Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A

Sorrenson continues spamming his AoI enchant in between emptying the first clip on his NE-800. His own drone, positioned above and behind him, captures footage of the firefight. A lone Drudge trapped in a tight alley way in the foreground. Two snarling armed and armored Tarlok, just beyond the PA but clearly visible in the frame, blocking it's way. The previously dark, dank and quiet alley explodes into a riot of light and noise. The drone catches it all. The brief ear-splitting screech of micro missiles as they zoom towards their targets. The compact yet deadly blasts of shrapnel tearing into Tarlok armor and carapace. The ugly guttural grunts the Tarlok utter as they take the damage followed by their roars of defiance and rage as they shoot back. Primal apex predator roars that if Sorrenson wasn't behind a modern, top notch sound filtering system would probably make him piss his pants. Their plasma balls leaving trails of heat distortion in the air behind them. The Drudge getting hit again and again, but never really seeming to take damage. Although it seems like in some kind of magic cling-wrap forms on the PA after every few blasts. Gritting his teeth Sorrenson knows he can't keep this up. When the drones join in and one of the Tarlok goes down Sorrenson can't help but cheer. "One down! One to go!" Sensing that the tide may have turned in his favor he keeps shooting.

Thank funk for those drones! Sorrenson says to himself.
"You're most welcome!" Replies the Amulet of Understanding, even though Sorrenson wasn't addressing it directly.

Initiative: 1d20 = 5
APM: 8
Action 1: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 15 , damage 2d4*10 = 60 M.D.
Action 2: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 13 , damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 3: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 4 , damage 2d4*10 = 80 M.D.
Action 4: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 17 , damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 5: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 18 , damage 2d4*10 = 40 M.D.
Action 6: Shoot Tarlok with Arm Blasters 1d20+2 = 15 , damage 2d4*10 = 70 M.D.
Action 7: Reserved for dodge if needed, or change NE-800 clip
Action 8: Reserved for dodge if needed, or change NE-800 clip

Dodges if needed:
1d20+8 = 16, 1d20+8 = 17, 1d20+8 = 19, 1d20+8 = 24, 1d20+8 = 20, 1d20+8 = 12
Parries if needed:
1d20+10 = 25, 1d20+10 = 15, 1d20+10 = 18, 1d20+10 = 16, 1d20+10 = 12, 1d20+10 = 24, 1d20+10 = 26, 1d20+10 = 13, 1d20+10 = 27

If his AoI is shot, blasted or clawed away he'll use an action to renew.

If the Tarlok in the alley way are finally dead, he'll reload the NE -800 with another clip of dumb missiles. Takes 2 actions.

Drones
Drone 1
APM:6
initiative: 1d20 = 8
Action 1: 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 25
Action 2: 1d20+2 = 3, Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 3: 1d20+2 = 20, Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 4: 1d20+2 = 5, Damage: 5d6 = 21
Action 5: 1d20+2 = 8, Damage: 5d6 = 17
Action 6: 1d20+2 = 9, Damage: 5d6 = 12

Dodges: 1d20+4 = 5, 1d20+4 = 14, 1d20+4 = 21, 1d20+4 = 5
Will dodge if targeted

Drone 2
APM:6
initiative: 1d20 = 9
Action 1: 1d20+2 = 5, Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 2: 1d20+2 = 22, Damage: 5d6 = 20
Action 3: 1d20+2 = 5, Damage: 5d6 = 18
Action 4: 1d20+2 = 7, Damage: 5d6 = 19
Action 5: 1d20+2 = 12, Damage: 5d6 = 18
Action 6: 1d20+2 = 21, Damage: 5d6 = 18

Dodges: 1d20+4 = 19, 1d20+4 = 16, 1d20+4 = 22, 1d20+4 = 7
Will dodge if targeted
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 58
JiC: 1d20 = 1/1d100 = 63

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan (activated for the final time): 50/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Effects
Intuitive Combat (already added to rolls)
    Duration: 10 melee rounds
    +3 Initiative
    +1 Strike
    +1 Parry
    +4 Dodge
    +4 Pull punch
    +2 Roll with punch
    +2 Disarm
Moves
APM: 6
Initiative:1d20+7 = 23
Actions
1. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 7 (Critical failure!); damage - 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
2. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 12; damage - 1d6*10 = 10 M.D.
3. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 12; damage - 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
4. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 19; damage - 1d6*10 = 30 M.D.
5. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 20; damage - 1d6*10 = 60 M.D.
6. Swing Magical Staff at any and all nearby tarloks: strike - 1d20+6 = 16; damage - 1d6*10 = 50 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Reactivate Energy Aura
2. Reactivate Energy Aura
3. Fire energy blast at Tarlok fighting any other Adventurer: strike - 1d20+7 = 19; damage - 3d6 = 9 M.D.
4. Fire energy blast at Tarlok fighting any other Adventurer: strike - 1d20+7 = 8 (Critical failure!); damage - 3d6 = 10 M.D.
Auto dodge rolls
1. 1d20+2 = 7; 2. 1d20+2 = 15; 3. 1d20+2 = 17; 4. 1d20+2 = 4; 5. 1d20+2 = 16; 6. 1d20+2 = 8
Auto parry rolls
1. 1d20+7 = 23; 2. 1d20+7 = 11; 3. 1d20+7 = 11; 4. 1d20+7 = 13; 5. 1d20+7 = 18; 6. 1d20+7 = 15

Juan Echo nimbly parries most of the tarlok attacks with his staff. His father, Lama Sol, had insisted that he learned how to wield one from an early age; it was a weapon that taught focus and discipline. Juan cannot disagree with Papa Sol's wisdom at the moment. And whatever strikes he cannot block, Juan evades by following the five principles* of defensive combat that his father taught him.

Despite the plasma raining inside the bar, Juan continues his fight against the two tarlok (Actions 1-6). The heated material glows as it blasts of his energy armors. Combined with the effects of his LED lights, it gives the Wanderer a focused neon glow that contrasts with the dark hulking masses of the tarlok. Juan takes calculated swings with his staff to keep from being overwhelmed by his opponents. He notices that the armor of one of the troopers is cracked, so he focuses his attacks on that one.

He manages to scan the bar and sees a scene of controlled chaos. The group has been split up, he's isolated. The soldiers Solaris and Aoife are locked behind the bar; the asshole bodyguard has his hands(?) full. And the others are swarmed at the door. If Juan has taken down at least one of the tarlok troopers in front of him, and his armor of Ithan holds up, he will fire as many Energy Blasts (Contingencies 3 and 4) as he can afford to at the tarlok swarming Starchief, Icky, and Mara.

Those are huge contingencies, as Juan knows that he cannot afford to let his guard down. He maintains a good defense, but Juan is aware his Armor of Ithan may give way at any point. This is a worse bar fight than the time that you and that Urqos lush*** trashed Lo's cider mill. Thankfully, he already has extra protection. If even that should fail, he is ready to reactivate his Energy Aura (contingencies 1 and 2) as needed. Defense remains a priority.

* The word principle translates to "di" in the Yaya dialect. The word is used for any principle that fits into a larger code of conduct, or "di's". The Yayamama keep a number of codes, including for combat ("s'xy"), prayer and fasting ("napra"), music ("erd"), and life in general ("swit"). Juan Echo published and sold a pamphlet of his life principles under a transliteration of its Yaya title, Sweet Jonny D's.
** The passage on bar fights in Sweet Jonny D's says, among other things, "there is strength in numbers. Be sure to have your companions' backs, and that they have yours."
*** Anju. It was never clear why Joan Echo especially disliked this charming young woman among all of her twin brother's many consorts.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Mara » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 97

Conditions: Heart in chains-- 60 min duration, 450/450 MD; Eyes Three-- 60 min duration, Nightvision 1200', See the Invisible, See Aura, +1 to strike, +1 to Initiative, P-Field Divide ranged/explosion damage by 10; Enhanced Reflexes--12 min duration

Mara contemplates, Damn, that is the first time since the Navy that I went through my Heart in Chains tattoo that fast. This is getting serious. Then she sees Chef, and almost laughs! "Damn I hate that look on you Chef." Mara looks back at these Tarloks, "Ok you want to play roast the fighters, well roast Chef he probably ends up tasting the best." She doesn't indicate who she was talking about and after she guts the one in front of her she jumps into the middle of the two spraying Plasma and hacks away. She largely ignores their sprays, however, if they knock her tattoo down she will spend an action reactivate it.

APM: 8
Init: 1d20+7 = 9
Notes:
x2 damage if Mara strikes from behind
x2 damage if the enemy is evil

Action 1: Activates Heart in chains again. (-40 ppe)
Action 2: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 19 Damage: 10d6+12 = 51 X 2 if evil
Action 3: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 24 Damage: 10d6+12 = 49 X 2 if evil
Action 4: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 32 CRIT! Damage: 10d6+12 = 48 x2= 96 X 2 if evil
Action 5: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 19 Damage: 10d6+12 = 41 X 2 if evil
Action 6: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 35 CRIT! Damage: 10d6+12 = 43 x2= 86 X 2 if evil
Action 7: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 31 CRIT! Damage: 10d6+12 = 53 x2= 106 X 2 if evil
Action 8: Attack the Tarloks with Stoney Dragon: Strike: 1d20+15 = 17 Damage: 10d6+12 = 50 X 2 if evil

Parry: 1d20+15 = 30 1d20+15 = 29 1d20+15 = 33 1d20+15 = 31 1d20+15 = 22 1d20+15 = 34 1d20+15 = 19 1d20+15 = 33
Dodge as needed: 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 34 1d20+14 = 22 1d20+14 = 31 1d20+14 = 26 1d20+14 = 16 1d20+14 = 18
Mara Archerean

PPE: 188 / 288
ISP: 61 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(active)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:00 pm

Jonny's Vintage
The Wanderer picked up the pressed grape skins and poured them into the curdled milk; this would be the starter of a new cheese. The past three years had a been a glorious period on the Chirpa Plateau, as they had been blessed by the residence of their native deity. He had brought many treasures from His travels, new technologies, gold, exotic animals, and delicious recipes such as cheese made from the dregs of wine making. His most prized treasure was His new consort, an ebony skinned Urqos with silver hair. Anju had joined the Wanderer on the last three years of His travels and had accompanied Him back home to serve as His consort. It was love.

The Wanderer gazed upon Anju as she crushed the grapes by herself. The extra attention she put into every step in making wine made for deeper more nuanced vintages. Each cask that He opened filled the Wanderer with a greater passion for His lover. Grape juice rolled down her icy hair; it did not cling, but rather dripped down her locks in a way that anyone regardless of preference would find seductive.

For her part, Anju was equally excited by the sight of her lover doing His thing. He was a beautiful specimen, with perfectly sculpted muscles that glowed in the afternoon light like a red sun. He represented everything she wanted in the male form, it was her blessing. Her green eyes lit up staring at him, and she bit her lip. Even this close he seemed so great, as if part of him was always travelling. "Your worship, what are You thinking?"

"Milk from animals that I raised, mixed with grapes that you have pressed. This cheese will be a product of our love."

"And the wine? Is it not a tribute to Your glory?"

"Not yet." the Wanderer replies with a rueful grin. "But it will!" He stripped His tunic and leaped into the wine vat and onto Anju.

The consort cried with joy. "Jonny! Have the house urqos join us!"

"Urqos Tim! Urqos Tam!" the Wanderer shouted "Help me worship my consort!" Two guards with hulking exoskeletons skittered on two sets of legs each and dove into the vats as well joining the Wanderer and his consort.

"Jonny, have you noticed an odd funk to the latest batch of wine?" the Hostess called as she led her entourage towards Her Brother's wine cellar. "Has that consort of yours been adding something to her drinks? It has an odd film, like she's adding some sort of syrup. If the slut is smuggling fruit from Mama... Urqos Ippa, I'm going to be drinking beer for the next several decades. Please convert my cellar into a brewery."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Starchief » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 36/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 9/1d100 = 6

Conditions
MDC:
  • Costume: 20/20 MDC
  • Personal: 439/439 MDC
NE-BA-55 "Supersoldier" Heavy Battle Armor:
  • Helmet: 100/100 MDC
  • Left Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Right Arm: 90/90 MDC
  • Main Body: 145/220 MDC
  • Left Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Right Leg: 100/100 MDC
  • Jet Pack: 40/40 MDC
  • N-50B: 0/160 MDC (overloaded)
NE-99 Rapid Fire Assault Laser:
  • Ammo: 156/240 shots
NE-28-R Micro Missile Launchers:
  • Smart: 4/4 micro missiles
    • +4 to strike
    • If they miss, they will double back and attack again AKA two attacks per melee round
    • Require a called shot to strike and can dodge at +4
    • Speed: 88 or 60 mph/96 km
  • Dumb: 1/4 micro missiles
Champion:
  • +3 to Strike, Parry and Dodge to all of a good alignment in 60 feet
Millennium Wand of Power:
  • Invulnerability: 0/50 MDC
  • The magic makes the individual impervious to cold, fire and all energy attacks, impervious to disease, poisons, toxins, gases, and drugs, and provides a form-fitting energy field which appears as a glowing aura around the body (50 M.D. C.). Once the 50 M.D.C. From the energy field are exhausted. the person will suffer normal damage to his own M.D.C. and/or Hit Points but remains invulnerable to the other things listed. Additionally. the invulnerable character is also +10 to save vs magic, psionic attacks and Horror Factor.


This one is much faster than the others! I've gotta pull out all the stops. Show them why I'm the Shield of Seeron! Starchief replies to the taunting of his opponent while reupping his magical protection. "This toothpick stays with me!" As he does, he uses Champion to Dimensional Leap behind the Heavy Trooper and uses the element of surprise to deliver some hopefully critical blows.

APM: 11
Initiative: 1d20+10 = 22

Action 1: Cast Armor of Ithan from Millennium Wand of Power. (4/5 spells left. 70 MDC, magic fire, lightning and cold do 1/2 damage to it)
Action 2: Use Dimensional Leap from Champion to appear behind Heavy Trooper. (-10 ISP)
Action 3: Stab Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: EP Crit. Damage: 7d6+14 = 42x2=84
Action 4: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 31 Damage: 7d6+14 = 25
Action 5: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 36 CRIT Damage: 7d6+14 = 41x2=82
Action 6: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 25 Damage: 7d6+14 = 38
Action 7: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 30 Damage: 7d6+14 = 37
Action 8: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 26 Damage: 7d6+14 = 41
Action 9: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 20 Damage: 7d6+14 = 43
Action 10: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 29 Damage: 7d6+14 = 39
Action 11: Hack at Heavy Tarlok Trooper with Champion. Strike: 1d20+16 = 35 CRIT Damage: 7d6+14 = 39x2=78

Parries: 1d20+20 = 351d20+20 = 261d20+20 = 221d20+20 = 381d20+20 = 391d20+20 = 211d20+20 = 231d20+20 = 291d20+20 = 231d20+20 = 391d20+20 = 21
Auto-Dodges: 1d20+13 = 251d20+13 = 251d20+13 = 201d20+13 = 171d20+13 = 241d20+13 = 331d20+13 = 221d20+13 = 301d20+13 = 321d20+13 = 221d20+13 = 14

Contingency: If Starchief's Armor of Ithan fails, he will sacrifice an action to cast it again.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 93/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 88/1d20 = 9
Initiative: 1d20+4 = 19

Conditions
- CAF Heavy Battle Armor: 88/120 MDC
- Integrated N-40B Force Field: 71/110 MDC
- Armor Bizarre #2: 40/150 MDC

Mara wrote:"Damn I hate that look on you Chef." Mara looks back at these Tarloks, "Ok you want to play roast the fighters, well roast Chef he probably ends up tasting the best."


"First o' all, Inky..." Icky grunts as he pulls Darkwing out of the Tarlok's chest, "anythin' dat keeps me armor an' shields from takin' a beatin' is gorram bee-you-tee-ful in me book. Second..." he stares down the remaining Tarloks/Tarbulls/Lokdogs/whatevers. "Nobody gets ta roast me wit'out first marinatin' me fer 48 standard hours in a vat o' Dragonfire Ale -- provided, o' course, I don't frakkin' drink it all first." Hmmm... I wonder if I should back off on my vinegar talk a bit... he adds to himself. Never heard much about Dionysus' take on swearing. Don't want a voice coming out of nowhere saying "LANGUAGE!" in the middle of a scrap, that'd just be awkward.

Shaking off the mental tangent, he twirls his swords as he stares down the other Tarloks and gives them a full view of the swirling nightmare fuel that coats him like a second suit of armor (which, of course, is because that's exactly what it is). "Ever 'eard o' a dish calld 'shashlik,' chums?' No? Lemme demonstrate..."

And with a mighty grin he launches himself at the nearest Tarlok unfortunate enough to actually be the closest Tarlok.

Combat Actions
NOTES:
  • Armor Bizarre active -- 150 max MDC; opponents are -1 to initiative and must make a save vs H.F. 14 at the beginning of every melee round.
  • When wielding Darkwing, Icky's strength is 42 (SN) doing 6d6 MD with a single punch.
  • Also, if these things are of evil alignment it does double damage.
  • Critical Strike on an unmodified roll of 18, 19, 20.
  • If (Dionysus forbid) for some reason he should roll a natural 1 and drop Darkwing he'll sacrifice the very next attack to pick it up.
  • If at any point Armor Bizarre #2 is depleted, Icky will spend the very next action to activate #3.

  1. Eviscerate a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 23; Damage: 12d6 = 54 MD
  2. Carve a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 16; Damage: 12d6 = 37 MD
  3. Divide a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 13; Damage: 12d6 = 48 MD
  4. Lacerate a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 19; Damage: 12d6 = 34 MD
  5. Mince a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 18; Damage: 12d6 = 49 MD
  6. Prune a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 11; Damage: 12d6 = 35 MD FUMBLE -- USE NEXT ATTACK TO PICK IT UP
  7. Skive a Tarlok with Darkwing. Strike: 1d20+10 = 17; Damage: 12d6 = 52 MD
  8. Reserved for dodging. Dodge: 1d20+14 = 34 NAT 20, Y'ALL!

Parries using Oradro's/Giran's sword: 1d20+13 = 25, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 16, 1d20+13 = 33 NAT 20, Y'ALL!, 1d20+13 = 19, 1d20+13 = 23, 1d20+13 = 29, 1d20+13 = 30
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:40 am

Outside, Sorrenson feels a glimmer of hope as one Tarlok goes down- hopefully that will reduce the need to constantly renew his armor’s magical protection, as his own energies are being depleted quickly. Still, the defensive focus has other benefits as the Tarlok bellows in frustration and switches targets to the smaller (and nimbler) drones flitting about the area. It fires a volley of three plasma blasts into the air and manages to hit one of the drones ((-50 MDC)). While the Tarlok is distracted, however, Sorrenson opens fire with his arm blaster even as the amulet coordinates a complex strafing pattern with both combat drones. With the tables abruptly turned, the Tarlok begins ducking and weaving but the press of energy fire proves too much and it falls to the ground, dead. Heaving a sigh of relief, Sorrenson reloads his missiles and prepares to rejoin the part at the bar’s entrance.

Inside, Juan is getting a sense of his opponents and falls into a smooth rhythm of defensive moves courtesy of his energized staff. The effect would be hypnotic if everyone that could see it wasn’t otherwise occupied. Juan’s Tarlok opponents don’t appear to appreciate the aesthetics, either, and bum-rush him in an attempt to overwhelm his defenses. The Wanderer replies to this tactic by caving one’s skull in, and delivering the second a blow that nearly tears the armor off of his chest. Juan is able to deftly block most of the energy axe-blows that head his way in the assault, but even so the Tarlok land a few hits on him before it comes a one-on-one duel ((-64 MDC Juan)). Meanwhile, Solaris rushes to assist Aoife, who is barely keeping the two Tarlok attacking her at bay. The ‘bodyguard’ finally decapitates his own opponent, but rather than running to help the others rushes into the back towards the evacuees.

Back at the entrance, most the Tarlok line has collapsed under a sustained assault, save for a core of elite, heavily armored troopers pouring fire into the bar and its beleaguered defenders. However, as the invading troopers lose their advantage of numbers those of you in the fight spread out to deal with the assailants, and the battle devolves into a series of 1-on-1 and 2-on-1 melees as the Tarlok struggle to break past you and intercept the resistance. Mara reactivates her defensive tattoo, slams her sword into her opponent’s side (who promptly falls to the ground, unconscious), then rushes the two heavy troopers making all of their lives difficult with a barrage of plasma fire. The Atlantean comes in hard and fast at the nearest one, which rounds on her and opens fire with its plasma cannon. Mara responds with a graceful series of sword strikes that, while momentarily stymied by the heavy armor, cut through the plating in a matter of seconds and allow her to twice plunge Stoney Dragon into the Tarlok’s chest. The blows would have slain any manner of creatures, but the Tarlok just shrieks its fury and responds with more plasma blasts at close range. Mara’s magical energy field absorbs the blast, but does appear to be thinning once again ((-270 MDC Mara)).

Meanwhile, Starchief responds to the Tarlok leader’s challenge by grasping the wand at his belt for some magical protection, and teleporting behind the monster. The ensuing, savage assault is met first by a grunt of surprise from the Tarlok, and then a quick recovery and a lightning-fast defense. For all the Tarlok’s size and bluster, however, it cannot match Starchief’s proficiency and the freedom fighter grins with satisfaction as he carves the armor from the fiend and then digs into its ridged carapace. The Tarlok attempts to retaliate, and succeeds in overpowering Starchief’s defense a handful of times- Starchief is forced to redeploy his armor of ithan after the Tarlok punctures it, but it holds under the subsequent blow.

As Starchief vanishes, leaving a single combatant behind, Icky banters a bit with Mara before taking it upon himself to conduct clean-up duty. Which he does, quickly and cleanly slicing the Tarlok closest to him in twain, before following Mara on her attack vector towards the pair raining hot plasma death down on the team. When Mara breaks left, Icky goes right, and he plows into the trooper with Darkwing leading. Unlike his compatriots, Icky finds his opponent a competent defender- many of his sword blows are blocked, and Icky only lands a couple of good hits on the fellow’s armor. Pulling out an energy axe of his own, Icky’s opponent counterattacks, and while the Minotaur’s competent defense keeps the worst of the blows at bay a few do nonetheless land home ((-65 MDC Icky)).

A sonic boom punctuates the atmosphere high above you- not loud enough to be incapacitating or distracting, but loud enough to be noticeable even over the din of combat. A few seconds later Starchief, Icky, and Mara all hear the sounds of sirens and groan inwardly at the prospect of Tarlok reinforcements. Then, all at once, a massive explosion occurs above the area immediately outside the bar- three heaps of flaming wreckage that were once hovercars come crashing down to the street. Followed, far more slowly and gracefully, by a 12-foot tall figure covered head to toe in shining chrome armor. Those of you who fought alongside Sir Zem (or who pass a Galactic Lore skill check at +20%) recognize a Knight of the Forge, and your hearts soar alongside your chances of survival.

At the back of the bar, the bodyguard yells out ”STARCHIEF! LET’S GO- WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE THE TARLOK REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE. GET YOUR TEAM BACK HERE!” Juan, turning his head at the outcry, sees the bodyguard fiddling with some sort of device. Next to him is a passage leading underground- he could’ve sworn it was much smaller earlier, but in any event it should accommodate the whole team now. Even Sorrenson.

Begin Round 4!

Round 3 Summary
Sorrenson: -50 MDC to combat drone #1. Since I didn’t specify last round I’ll let you decide whether that one is destroyed or if both are just heavily damaged.
Juan: Armor of Ithan destroyed.
Mara: -270 MDC, -40 PPE.
Starchief: Spells/ISP used as intended. -1 additional armor of ithan charge, -32 MDC to the current AoI.
Icky: -65 MDC.

Current Status
Starchief, Mara, and Icky are locked in melee with the three heavy troopers just outside the bar entrance. A cosmo-knight has set down not too far from them.
Sorrenson has defeated his opponents and is ready to go in the back alley.
Juan is facing a single opponent in the bar.
Solaris and Aoife are facing off against two more.
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] Back in the Saddle

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 32
JiC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 34

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60
Energy Aura (activated once): 100/100 M.D.C.
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)
Effects
Intuitive Combat (already added to rolls)
    Duration: 9 melee rounds
    +3 Initiative
    +1 Strike
    +1 Parry
    +4 Dodge
    +4 Pull punch
    +2 Roll with punch
    +2 Disarm
Moves
APM: 6
Initiative:1d20+7 = 25
Actions
1. Swing Magical Staff at remaining tarlok: strike - 1d20+6 = 18; damage - 15d6 = 56 M.D.
2. Swing Magical Staff at remaining tarlok: strike - 1d20+6 = 16; damage - 15d6 = 64 M.D.
3. Swing Magical Staff at remaining tarlok: strike - 1d20+6 = 7 (Critical failure!); damage - 15d6 = 53 M.D.
4. Swing Magical Staff at remaining tarlok: strike - 1d20+6 = 24; damage - 15d6 = 65 M.D.
5. Swing Magical Staff at remaining tarlok: strike - 1d20+6 = 9; damage - 15d6 = 41 M.D.
6. Swing Magical Staff at remaining tarlok: strike - 1d20+6 = 17; damage - 15d6 = 62 M.D.
Contingencies
1. Reactivate Energy Aura
2. Reactivate Energy Aura
3. Fire energy blast at Tarlok across the bar: strike - 1d20+7 = 26; damage - 3d6 = 13 M.D.
4. Fire energy blast at Tarlok across the bar: strike - 1d20+7 = 18; damage - 3d6 = 13 M.D.
Auto dodge rolls
1. 1d20+2 = 19; 2. 1d20+2 = 14; 3. 1d20+2 = 3; 4. 1d20+2 = 21; 5. 1d20+2 = 13; 6. 1d20+2 = 18
Auto parry rolls
1. 1d20+7 = 17; 2. 1d20+7 = 20; 3. 1d20+7 = 17; 4. 1d20+7 = 18; 5. 1d20+7 = 23; 6. 1d20+7 = 20

Juan feels the last Armor of Ithan fade away as he puts the final beat on one of the tarlok. He spins backwards to dodge the swing of an energy axe and then returns with a powerful swing of his Magical Staff at the remaining foe. He keeps up the fight, striking and dodging with equal measure (Actions 1 - 6). The lights on his EBA brighten with each blow he lands and fails to deflect, as if the impact was knocking a loose wire in place.

When he finishes off his opponent scans the bar. If Aoife and Solaris are still under fire Juan will aid them with at least one energy blast (Contingencies 3 and 4) followed by a swing of his staff. He also spots the bodyguard finishing off his opponent before opening the hidden passage even larger.
Asshole Urqos wrote:"STARCHIEF! LET’S GO- WE GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE THE TARLOK REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE. GET YOUR TEAM BACK HERE!"

Juan looks skeptically at the tunnel; there's always a trap at the end of a death cult's hidden tunnel*. And he really does not trust that bodyguard, despite Mara's assurances. He may not want to kill the bar's patrons, but he has no idea what the so-called "priestess'" intentions are.

The Wanderer's train of thought is distracted by the arrival of something big. Juan cannot follow the chaos from inside the bar but he clearly sees a large metallic figure. Well, that's an entrance. Even in this chaos, this figure is creating a spectacle. Juan calls out to Aoife, "You've fought Guardsmen before, is that one?"

There are two ways out of the bar, and neither is very appealing. He signals on his comms, "Urqos Starchief, the bar is primed for detonation. What do you think? Do we follow the resistance down the tunnel or do we fight our way back to the space whale?"

* The Wanderer held his Magical Clubs at the throat of the Holy Mystic Eva, eyeing her suspiciously. He had her pinned against the wall of her hidden tunnel, but she was the one in control of the situation. Her green, taut face formed a long, thin grin, and her beady eyes lit up. "If you ever want to see your beloved Juna again, you have to follow me into my underground layer," she said with a giddy squeal.
The Wanderer knew she would lead him to an ambush and the Princess would die right before him. He looked behind him to the haunted carnival; the cultists' compound would be someplace by the giant Fenris Wheel. He let Eva go, and she fled down the darkened hall. He turned back and ran past the lobster bisque stand towards a detachment of armed fanatics dressed in ragged and soiled clown and animal costumes, each with an adze on his shoulder. Yadda yadda yadda...
"Jonny, I can't believe you rode a Fenris Wheel through the Mystic Eva's front door!" the Princess sighed. She clung to the Wanderer's multi-colored blood spattered body. He was tired and hurt, but it could have been worse. He picked up the Princess up, and carried her off to the dinged shuttle craft parked next to the Fenris Wheel, and they flew off to their next outrageous adventure.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 290/290
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 46/72
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest