[GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

Postby Consumer » Fri May 31, 2019 9:17 am

Jail House Rock

Skills
Az Rael:
Electronic Countermeasures (Decode the outgoing message again.): Since the message is already decoded once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Cryptography (Decrypt the outgoing message.): Since the message is already decrypted once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Electronic Countermeasures (Decode the incoming message.): Since the message is already decoded once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Cryptography (Decrypt the incoming message.) Since the message is already decrypted once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Sensory Equipment (Activate passive sensors.): Seems to have worked.
Sensory Equipment (Deactivate active sensors): Seems to have worked.
Sensory Equipment (Double check work to make sure active and passive sensors are correct.) See,s to have worked.
Intelligence (Try to figure out what the heck I can be doing wrong with the encrypted messages): You can find nothing wrong.
Radio: Basic (Set the ship radio to scan frequencies.): You think it's working.
Alvidan:
Sensory Equipment: No new information.
Telemechanics: Everything seems fine.
Prowl: Thinks he's being sneaky.
Bryke:
Math: Basic: (For the arithmetic.): Bryke thinks he has it mathed out right.
Math: Advanced: (For calculating flight time in phase mode.): Seems pretty straight forward since the ship has a gauge for it.
Piloting: Space Fighter: An Accident has happened.
Piloting: Space Fighter: Flight to Station is uneventful.
Piloting: Space Fighter: Bryke is able to land on the station without killing everyone involved.
Érebos:
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert: Everything is as he last saw it, in fine condition.

The initial extraction of the No Target from The Wrong Ship, is complicated, and several bumps occur. Though no visible damage can be seen. The group spends the next twenty plus hours crammed into a tiny spaceship, hurtling though an asteroid field towards a planetoid sized rock that a large group of prisoners are incarcerated in. At the approximate twenty mile clear zone surrounding the station the ship is put into ghost mode, and makes for it's landing site. Bryke manages to put the No Target down on the rock without much difficulty, before shutting down the necessary systems to hide the ship.

The team disembarks from the No Target and are now in a zero-g environment. and slowly makes it's way towards the fissure.

Zero-G Environments: Unless one has a Zero-G movement skill, or a some manner of mobility device, the following penalties are in effect.
  • -10% to non-mental only skills.
  • Speed reduced by 50%
  • Combat bonuses reduced by 50%, plus an additional -3 to all rolls including melee damage. (This is not mitigated with a mobility device.)
  • Difficult physical maneuvers will require a P.P. check (d20 roll under PCs P.P. Attribute.)

Butcher Bill
All info is cumulative and will be kept up for the duration of the adventure.
Star Ghost: -1 phase charge.
Bryke: Chameleon Spell Active: 22:30 remaining, -6 P.P.E.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: [GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

Postby Érebos » Fri May 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/53%
see perception modifiers here -->
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (roughly >300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d20 = 12
JIC (100): 1d100 = 92

Before they disembark, the Shadow Mage says, "Roger that, Captain. Once we get inside, I can use Whispered Voice so we can communicate incognito and not break radio silence."

Turning to Alvidan, he says, "Ready?"

Given the Captain's plan, Érebos leave the spare suit of EBA in No Target, since it is relatively close to the airlock location.

We can come back for this before entering the airlock.

Once they disembark, Érebos, secure in his EBA, has his Liberator slung over his shoulder as he steadies himself in the zero-g environment.

A minor inconvenience.

The Umbral Sorcerer casts Fly As The Eagle on himself while touching Vidan (-25PPE). He then motions to Vidan to accompany him to the turret/gun emplacements.

Fly as the Eagle
Range: Self or two others by touch, or cast upon one up to 100 feet (30.5m) away.
Duration: 20 minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Twenty-Five
The power of flight is bestowed upon the spell caster or person(s) it is cast upon. It is especially effective outdoors, and in large, open areas. Maximum Speed : 50 mph (80 km). Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Bonuses apply only when in flight.

Perhaps Alvidan can use his psychic tech powers to screw something up in the control systems... he thinks.
Érebos, AKA "Nicodemus Obelius", AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 39/39
P.P.E.: 117/204

Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 vs 49, +15% in darkness
JIC: 1d20 = 2 and 1d100 = 23

Starting near the cockpit of the No Target

The bumpy ride leaves Az Real a little uneasy and queasy. He is super relieved once they land and is hopeful they have gone unnoticed. Before the crew jumps into action he takes a moment to remind them all of the plan. "Before we enter we need to prep the docking tubes and the gun mounts on the surface. We don't want to have to deal with them later if things get hairy. Bryke, make sure to point out the direction of the fissure so we all know where to meet up after our preparations. Vidan and Nico will handle the gun mounts and surface armaments. Sabotage them the best way possible without being noticed. Use your best judgement. While you are out there, if you see any communication arrays, see if you can disconnect the transmission feed line from the antenna. Unless they are looking specifically for VSWR they will never notice. If they do they will most likely chaulk it up to debris damage. I'll take Bryke with me to set the charges on the docking tubes. When you are complete head to the fissure and the airlock. We will meet outside. Do not enter with out the whole group. My intent is to have Bryke or Vidan look inside before we enter to make sure it is clear. Does anyone have any questions?"

Once the group is done discussing the plan to move forward Az Real will move tot he cargo hold to retrieve the explosive devices and his gear and then head tot he airlock. He will make sure to remind Bryke, "Bryke, your with me. The gravity will be a little tricky but I plan to cast a spell to allow me to fly. I will tie this rope I have to me and you can use it to guide yourself and control your movement the best you can. If you are willing I can use your strength to cast my flight spell on you. I wouldn't want to do that without knowing you were willing. Bryke, you have my permission to read my surface thoughts during this mission. I expect you will respect my privacy and will not search deeper. This will allow for minimal communication while we are on the surface." Once he is sure Bryke and he are on the same page he will enter the airlock and cast Ride the night wind. If Bryke wants him to cast the spell on him as well, Az Real will put his hand on the Promethean's shoulder and draw the energy required and cast the spell on him as well. Well, here we go. Our first mission under way.

A little nervous and not fully sure how Brykes mass will affect his flying ability Az Real makes his way to the docking tubes slowly. He moves from one rock mass to the next staying low to the surface to allow Bryke to get used to the spell and to keep the pair from being noticed. Don't want to loose the big guy out here. I'm sure he will be fine, just need to stay together so this things can go as smooth as possible. Don't want to be seen out here either, that would just be bad. I wonder if Bryke can hear me? Az Real looks at the Promethean with a puzzled look.

Once he reaches the docking tubes he will select the best location to place the charges so it maximizes damage to the docking tube and tot he ship. This isn't going to take the ship out but a pressurization leak would be perfect. If they come out the other tubes it could further limit their use of these two ships. After setting he charges he arms them and checks the frequency for the trigger. He then gestures to Bryke they need to move to the fissure and airlock. "Can you hear me my friend, it is time we meet up with the others. Lead the way. He thinks to himself hoping Bryke can hear him.

Demolitions 76% vs 1d100 = 37 - JIC you need a roll for setting the charges and arming the controller, device 1
Demolitions 76% vs 1d100 = 72 - JIC you need a roll for setting the charges and arming the controller, device 2
Demolitions 76% vs 1d100 = 56 - Identify the best place to set the charge to maximize damage.
Intelligence 61% vs 1d100 = 71 - Identify the best place to set the charge to maximize damage. (not sure which was most appropriate)

Ride the Night Wind (12)
  • Range: Self only, or Self and one other by touch.
  • Duration: 45 min
  • Damage: N/A
  • Saving throw: None
  • PPE: 12
  • Notes: Allows user to levitate, hover or fly in the darkness
P.P.E.: 65 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 49%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 9 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC%: 1d100 = 78

Alvidan has is grav pack, but will not turn down a spell he is given freely.

He touches his helmet to that of Erebos, with the helmets in contact direct conduction of vibrations is possible, meaning they can hear each other without anyone else overhearing, as there is no signal involved to intercept. He says, "The trick here will be avoiding sensors, I need to try to locate the sensors first so I can turn them off. I would say there is a strong chance there are sensors near the weapons to detect attempts to sabotage the weapons. I need to try to locate those sensors and disable or fool them first."

He thinks, I need to consider learning Electrokinesis, so that I can sense the presence of the electronics sensors are likely to have.

How to locate the sensors, well first there is physical surveillance. (perception roll above)
Second there is Knowledge of how such sensors should work and where they should be placed. Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 90 of 55%
And third there is logic based on how the people placing such devices would think. Intelligence: 1d100 = 25 of 60%
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 69/129
I.S.P.: 77/103
M.D.C.: 80/80

Armor: NE-BA 26 Special Body Armor: Main Body 90 Physical 20 Virtual/90
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword
NE-80 Slim-Line Lever Action Plasma Rifle
Shockwave TW Grenade Launcher (Patron Item)

Gear: Grav Pack

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Impervious to Shape Shifting
HF/AF 12 if recognized as a True Atlantean
Sense Vampires within 1000'
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Names & Nicknames: Alvidan, Vidan, Sutnalel (as Sunaj)
Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 am

**Rolls Held**

Alvidan wrote:He touches his helmet to that of Erebos, with the helmets in contact direct conduction of vibrations is possible, meaning they can hear each other without anyone else overhearing, as there is no signal involved to intercept. He says, "The trick here will be avoiding sensors, I need to try to locate the sensors first so I can turn them off. I would say there is a strong chance there are sensors near the weapons to detect attempts to sabotage the weapons. I need to try to locate those sensors and disable or fool them first."

Assuming the helmet-contacting plan works, Érebos replies, "Agreed. I don't know if they will have external sensors or not, but it is best to play it safe. I can enhance our stealth to some degree, if need be. I really wish we had entered the airlock and interfaced with the computer systems first, so you could acquire a map of everything we need and check for those security systems before we approach. Regardless, let's follow the plan and hope it works."

It better, Az Rael... it better.

With that, the Shadow Mage casts Shadow Skin on himself while touching Alvidan, affecting them both.

"This should help our stealth," he says to Alvidan while touching helmets.

Shadow Skin
Range: Self or self and one other by touch.
Duration: Twenty minutes per level of experience or until destroyed. (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: Standard if resisted.
P.P.E.: Four (Shadow Mage)
This spell creates a skin-tight, soft, flexible black suit that feels like thin rubber. The primary purpose of the suit is stealth and concealment. Consequently, the Shadow Skin covers the wearer from head to toe, like a body suit with a pull-over mask that completely covers the head and face. If she is wearing clothing or other armor, they are covered in the inky darkness of the Shadow Skin as if it were an outer covering. The face, hands, and everything else are covered by the rubbery shadow suit which means the wearer leaves no fingerprints, palm prints, or footprints with any discernable features. The recipient of the spell can breathe and see through the Shadow Skin as if it were not there. Movement is unimpaired.
Shadow Skin only provides minimal protection: 6 M.D.C. per level of experience (S.D.C. and an AR of 12 on S.D.C. worlds).
Bonuses: The Shadow Skin adds a +10% bonus to Prowl or provides a base skill level of 33%, and a 10% bonus to the Chameleon spell if it is cast after the Shadow Skin is put into place. Shadow Skin also keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), and prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence such as hair, fibers, DNA, finger or palm prints, etc.

He then waves at Az Rael and Bryke, and begins to fly toward the turrets at a slow speed of about 10mph, intentionally avoiding bright spots and sticking to the shadows where possible.

Here goes nothing...

Skill Rolls
Prowl (to approach stealthily) --> 1d100 = 18/67%
Intelligence (to figure out where sensors might be placed) 1d100 = 69/57%
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

• Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Érebos

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 am

Jail House Rock

Skills
Az Rael:
Demolitions (Setting the charges and arming the controller, device 1): Seems to work fine, only time will tell.
Demolitions (Setting the charges and arming the controller, device 1): Seems to work fine, only time will tell.
Demolitions (Identify the best place to set the charge to maximize damage.): You think you got it.
Alvidan:
Perception: (How to locate the sensors, well first there is physical surveillance.): None Seen.
Sensory Equipment (Second there is Knowledge of how such sensors should work and where they should be placed.): None seen.
Intelligence (And third there is logic based on how the people placing such devices would think.) Alvidan considers where they logically should be, but still doesn't detect any.
Bryke:
None Listed.
Érebos:
Prowl (to approach stealthily): Pretty sure he's being stealthy.
Intelligence (to figure out where sensors might be placed): Not a clue.

Various spells are cast and the group moves off to perform it's mission. Az Rael and Bryke head the farthest northward to sabotage the docking tubes. While Érebos and Alvidan make their way to the approximate equator and begin looking over the defensive cannons.

At the cannons, Alvidan and Érebos look for sensors, but do not find any, either through lack of perception or the fact there may not be any, While Az Rael plants explosives where he thinks they'll do the most damage, his goal to make traversing the tube more difficult. Approximately twenty minutes pass while both groups work, but at the end of that time, only Az Rael and Bryke are done, while Érebos and Alvidan haven't actually sabotaged any of the guns.

What are your intentions?

Zero-G Environments: Unless one has a Zero-G movement skill, or a some manner of mobility device, the following penalties are in effect.
  • Speed reduced by 50%
  • Combat bonuses reduced by 50%, plus an additional -3 to all rolls including melee damage. (This is not mitigated with a mobility device.)
  • Difficult physical maneuvers will require a P.P. check (d20 roll under PCs P.P. Attribute.)

Butcher Bill
Bryke: Chameleon Spell Active: 2:30 remaining, Ride the Nightwind Active: 25:00 remaining, -6 P.P.E. (-23 P.P.E. if he took the spell from Az Rael)
Érebos: Fly as an Eagle Active: 20:00 remaining, Shadow Skin Active: 20:00 remaining, -29 P.P.E.
Az Rael:Ride the Nightwind Active: 25:00 remaining, -12 P.P.E.
Alvidan:Fly as an Eagle Active: 20:00 remaining, Shadow Skin Active: 20:00 remaining
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Bryke » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 am

Perception: 32% | 1d100 = 74
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 80

Before Az and Bryke are off and during:

Bryke nods toward Az Real, in an attempt to let him know that he accepts the spell and can use the Time Masters' ppe,

Az Real wrote: “...Bryke, you have my permission to read my surface thoughts during this mission. I expect you will respect my privacy and will not search deeper...”

When Az let's Bryke know that he allows it, the promethean briefly bows his head as a sign of acceptance. It could be hard to notice since the promethean is still wearing a magicked chameleons' skin, but still Bryke invokes: Telepathy:[4 isp, 10 min]

Attempting to convey humility, but also going straight to it.

'Az Real. It is Bryke. Know that this one would never take what is not mine from a comrade. It has never been nor can it ever be this ones' way. I hear you now at all times if you think it- well, I hear you when you wish it, on your terms and for a limited time. Thank you for the spell. Just in case though, so that you know it is me and not another in the near future or further, I ask that you please come up with a password or phrase that I will use from now on. In that way you will know it is me, if it is not then fight with all your will to block out your mind. Again thank you for sharing this magic with me... even out here it reminds me of what it was like to learn new spells for the first time. One more thing, can you tell me what I need to know about this spell.'

'I hope you can understand my reason and concern for this and not think it is this one simply overstepping. You are our current head, and "a strong indirect way to affect the body is to first "touch" the head."' -Grazzer, one who taught Bryke ways of brawling.

OOC: Bryke is trying to teach/show Az Real how to close his mind aka mind block. I do not know if this is possible but if it is can this be considered here as the beginning of that. IMO the groups leader especially should be able to guard against mental intrusion- but this is sentiment so I am asking. If it is not possible then let this just be seen as an attempt. Not trying to over step any rules.

----------------------------------------

On their return Bryke keeps a keen eye out for the others and ReCasts: Telepathy:[4 isp, 10 min] twice when it runs out. If Bryke sees anything amiss with them the promethean will convey it to Az. If Bryke does not see anything on the way back then Bryke will keep watch at the air lock in a position where the greatest amount of 360 degrees can be seen. and ReCast Chameleon [6 ppe, 22.5 minutes, self or another by touch,] when it runs out.

Contingencies:
IFF Bryke sees the other two and IFF they are in danger that they appear to not be able to handle alone, then Bryke will convey the message to Az Real, Indicate direction and distance also via Telepathy and then try to phase to their position and intervene:

Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 71% | 1d100 = 21 SUCCESS
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/180
ISP: 125/75
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC%: 1d100 = 53

Alvidan thinks to himself, I do not see any sensors, either whoever set these weapons up was more trusting than I would have been, or I am being blind and overlooking them.

He touches helmets again and says, "I do not see anything, but to be cautious I will approach along and you stay back in case I get blasted by something I overlooked."

He will sneak forward cautiously, using the flight spell to approach without touching anything and doing his best to remain hidden.

Prowl: 1d100 = 36 of 50% (temporary boost to 60%)

Once he reaches the first weapon tube, he will reach out and lightly touch it to see what his telemechanics can tell him. He thinks as he does so, There must be a relatively simple way to disable these weapons without it setting off any kind of system alert until they are actually used. I just hope they have not set any kind of traps I have missed or this could hurt.

Telemechanics 1d100 = 4 of 87%
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 vs 49% (+15% in darkness or shadow, 64%)
JIC:1d20 = 17 and 1d100 = 27

Feeling good about the placement of the explosives Az Real and Bryke toward the airlock. Along the way Az Real wonders, I hope Nico and Vidan are having good luck on their portion. When we get back we need to look at the air lock and see if anything changed. Hoping the Promethean can hear his thoughts still he projects and focuses as much as he can, If you can hear me friend, you mentioned a safe word. A pass word to know it is you. We shall use the word "truest". You should always reference that you are the truest. This will allow me to know it is you.

Once they get to the airlock Az Real looks for any signs of hidden access pads or key pads. He looks for anything obvious as well. We need to see what is inside, he says to himself outloud. Then he concentrates his thougts, Bryke, can you phase through the door and verify what is on the other side? We need to know if it is currently clear in there to enter. Once Nico and Vidan get back we will be entering and we do not want any surprises. I really hope you can hear me. Az Real looks at Bryke and points to his head, he points to Bryke and gives him a thumbs up. Then nods his head inquisitively to see if the Promethean can confirm he is indeed still hearing him. If you can, please phase through the door and let me know if they coast is clear.

This type of communication is new for me. I am not used to this. I typically do not open myself for this type of contact.

"What is taking the other team so long? I wonder if they hit a bit of trouble." Az Real smiles, "Talking to yourself buddy, you losing it now?

+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/53%
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (roughly >300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d20 = 4
JIC (100): 1d100 = 71

Conditions: Shadow Skin, Fly as the Eagle: 40:00 remaining each

Alvidan wrote:He touches helmets again and says, "I do not see anything, but to be cautious I will approach along and you stay back in case I get blasted by something I overlooked."

The Shadow Mage replies, "Affirmative. I will pull lookout duty while you try to make contact with the turret control systems. Maybe there is a control or service panel somewhere around here in case they need to make external repairs?"

I hope there's something, or we will have to go back and disable them from the inside. Come to think of it, that may be a better idea anyhow - sabotage the targeting computer or firing controls or something.

Érebos splits his attention as he looks around warily for anything out of the ordinary as he slowly examines the turret systems for control panels of some sort on the exterior, or something that could be construed as a control or service box of some sort.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Bryke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:01 pm

ROLLS HELD

'Truest? Interesting, from now on then that is my knock at the door so to speak. I will always lead with that when I am speaking with you. If I do not lead with that from here on out then you know it is not me. EVEN if after the fact the word is spoken, it is not me. If that ever happens, think of something that irritates you a sound or a phrase and keep on repeating that in your head. Please keep this in mind.'

Bryke responds to Az Real, 'Truest. I will take a look around and let you know what I find.'

The Time Master activates Phase Shift: Ghost [Self, 50 isp, one minute per level (6min)] and heads through the air lock to see again what is on the other side of the door.
Natural Abilities
Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 75%
Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 27 vs 49% (+15% in darkness or shadow, 64%)
JIC:Original post: 1d20 = 17 and Original post: 1d100 = 27

Bryke wrote:'Truest? Interesting, from now on then that is my knock at the door so to speak. I will always lead with that when I am speaking with you. If I do not lead with that from here on out then you know it is not me. EVEN if after the fact the word is spoken, it is not me. If that ever happens, think of something that irritates you a sound or a phrase and keep on repeating that in your head. Please keep this in mind.'

Bryke responds to Az Real, 'Truest. I will take a look around and let you know what I find.'

Az Real hears the Promethean in his head, This is not normal for me, I would prefer speech but it does at least allow us to communicate. There must be other ways though. Somehow so we can talk to the other group as well. Not knowing what is going on over there doesn't leave me feeling easy. Not wanting to waste time later, Az Real starts looking for any access panels or points that Vidan can hack in from. At least I can direct him straight to it when he gets here, he thinks to himself while looking.

When the Promethean phases and passes through the door Az Real is awe struck, "Now that could come in handy. Could have used that skill a time or two before." Searching for the panel his mind slips off into thought, Hopefully Bryke comes back with good news, we could use some right about now.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Jail House Rock
Date and Time wrote:Time since arrival in system: 60 hours.
Time since landing on station: 22 minutes. 2 Minutes have passed since last GM Post.

Skills
Az Rael:
None Used.
Alvidan:
Prowl: Alvidan thinks he's well hidden.
Bryke:
None used, teaching Mind Block is likely possible if Az Rael was psychic at all, which I don't think he is.
Érebos:
None Used.

A lot of conversation goes down while Alvidan looks at the first weapon emplacement. This isn't a small anti-personnel weapon this is a anti-ship defensive weapon. A brief scan of the canon, with Telemechanics tells him there is no easy way of shutting them down, especially "Silently". To do that he would have to be in their mainframe to block off alarms. He can tell at the moment though that they aren't currently primed to fire on any targets.

Bryke's trip into a phased state makes him vanish from everyone's eyes. Slowly Bryke makes his way through the Airlock's outer door, which reveals a very spartan airlock with a few lockers that likely contain emergency environmental suits. Bryke presses on and makes his way through the inner airlock door and finds hims self in a very dimly lit area that is more of a corridor made up of void space created by the machinery that surrounds it. Bryke's general knowledge of starships makes him think that this is all for environmental controls and resource management, basically he's in the bowels of the stations engineering section. A short amount of time passes as Bryke looks about, but in the end, other than what seems a labyrinthine series of tight corridors and machinery, he sees no living souls.

• Speed reduced by 50%

Butcher Bill
Bryke: -33 P.P.E., -50 I.S.P.
Érebos: -29 P.P.E.
Az Rael:-12 P.P.E.
Alvidan:

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Alvidan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 45

Alvidan considers what he learned with his telemechanics, All right, so there is no easy way to disable them from here without sending up flags to the system. I wonder though, could some kind of explosives be set up to go off, say in the traversing mechanism should they move the weapon to try to fire? I need a demolitions expert, that is not my forte.

He moves back to join his partner.
Prowl 1d100 = 69 of 60% (temporarily boosted)

When he gets there he touches helmets again and says, "I can not do it from here without being noticed. I was wondering about explosives, but am not a demolitions expert. Do you know anything about the subject?"

He might be able to figure out where the guns are most easily damages and whether something can be put there without being noticed, but probably could not do it himself.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/59%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 15
JIC (100): 1d100 = 82

Conditions: Shadow Skin, Fly as the Eagle: 38:00 remaining each

Skill Roll
Prowl (remain undetected) --> 1d100 = 39/77%

Alvidan wrote:He moves back to join his partner. When he gets there he touches helmets again and says, "I can not do it from here without being noticed. I was wondering about explosives, but am not a demolitions expert. Do you know anything about the subject?"

The Sunaj ponders for a moment.

Hmm... if he can't 'get in' from out here, it stands to reason that our best bet is to go in through the airlock and try to access a central control system of some sort where we can gain access to the entire facility and see what we're dealing with. I wish we had some decent intel before we came here... this feels sloppy...

Carried adrift by his thoughts for a few seconds, Érebos realizes Alvidan had asked him a question that he has yet to answer.

Touching helmets yet again, he says, "I know some things about ordnance, armor, and weaponry - mostly small arms, as I took inventory of the Galactic Rogues' armory and have been maintaining my own weapons, but I cannot say I am a demolitions expert. The Captain is probably a better resource for that - he was trained by the best Sunaj demolitions instructor out there, and is pretty competent in that arena. Let's head back to the airlock if we don't have a reliable and incognito way to disable the batteries from out here. The Captain can decide if it's a wise use of resources to attempt demolitions from the outside, or - the better option, in my opinion - to enter the airlock and try to find a central system of some sort so we can assert control and see what we're looking at with this facility. Shall we?"

With that, the Umbral Sorcerer waves Alvidan to follow, and begins the slow flight back, staying out of the light where possible on their way back toward the ship and arriving at the airlock as a sneaky pair of twin shadows.

When they arrive, the Shadow Mage will approach Az Rael, touching helmets and saying, "No go, battery is smooth, Vidan can't crack it from out here without triggering alarms. He asked about demolitions and I said let's come here and if you want to do it, you're the demo expert to ask. Certainly, neither of us is..."

"Promethean inside already?"
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Alvidan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:59 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Alvidan sighs, thinking, Just my luck it was the other one who is the demolitions expert when I want one.

Touching Helmets again, he says, "All right, we rejoin the others and discuss it with them."

He follows, carefully trying to stay in the shadows and avoid notice as the make their way to the airlock to join the others.
Stealth 1d100 = 54 of 60% (temporary bonus included)

So far, he is not proving his value as a Techno-wizard to the party...

When they join the other Atlantean, they bring their helmets together for a pow-wow, but Alvidan lets the others speak first.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 20 and 1d100 = 82

Who the, oh, Az thinks as the other pair walk up to the airlock. A sense of relief washes over him, Well at least I didn't lose them, I don't think I could handle that again. When Nico touches his helmet to Az Real's and talks he wonders, What the heck? This is definitely not normal. "Who do we owe the thanks for being able to actually talk?, he asks flippantly. How we must look here the trio leaned in together with helmets touching. A grin slowly grows on Az Reals face.

"I am glad to see you both. It is a little disheartening to hear the batteries are still active but it isn't a deal breaker. We can figure out another way once we get inside. Bryke went into the airlock to see if we are clear on the other side. I didn't want us to get caught with our pants down. Again, for some." Az Real flashes his eyes toward Vidn and chuckles, He may never live that down. "Anyways, now that you guys are here lets start working on our entrance. I would like to be ready to go in as soon as Bryke comes out and lets us know what is on the other side. Vidan, please see if you can interface with the airlock. Don't open it yet, just do what you have to so we are prepared.

Time to enter the unknown, We will need to make our way to a control console quickly once we are in. Need to see where the heck the mark is. Before the separate helmets, "Vidan, two things. Once we are in, keep an eye out for control or guard stations. We will need to know the layout and where to go. I don't want to waste any time gathering this info. second, while you are connected see what you can do about those weapons outside. Don't focus on that, just give it a glance. If the opportunity to disarm them is there do it. If not move on." Az Real turns his eyes toward Nico, "My friend, what are your thoughts once we are inside? Do we go straight for the mark first, or do we create some confusion as cover. To be honest I see merit in both ways but I am torn and would appreciate your input."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm

**rolls held**

Az Rael wrote:"Who do we owe the thanks for being able to actually talk?, he asks flippantly.

Érebos nods his head toward Alvidan. "It was our brother here who had the bright idea." Then, realizing that Bryke could be listening in on anyone's thoughts, he quickly follows up with, "Our brother in arms, Vidan," - and promptly winks at the two Sunaj.

I don’t even know why I did that...not like they can see me wink with our Shadow Skin on... thinks the Aerihman.

Az Rael wrote:"I am glad to see you both. It is a little disheartening to hear the batteries are still active but it isn't a deal breaker. We can figure out another way once we get inside. Bryke went into the airlock to see if we are clear on the other side. I didn't want us to get caught with our pants down. Again, for some." Az Real flashes his eyes toward Vidn and chuckles, He may never live that down. "Anyways, now that you guys are here lets start working on our entrance. I would like to be ready to go in as soon as Bryke comes out and lets us know what is on the other side. Vidan, please see if you can interface with the airlock. Don't open it yet, just do what you have to so we are prepared.

Before they separate helmets, "Vidan, two things. Once we are in, keep an eye out for control or guard stations. We will need to know the layout and where to go. I don't want to waste any time gathering this info. second, while you are connected see what you can do about those weapons outside. Don't focus on that, just give it a glance. If the opportunity to disarm them is there do it. If not move on." Az Real turns his eyes toward Nico, "My friend, what are your thoughts once we are inside? Do we go straight for the mark first, or do we create some confusion as cover. To be honest I see merit in both ways but I am torn and would appreciate your input."

"Hmm..." thinks the Shadow Mage out loud. After a moment, he replies, "I think that, unless we are really concerned about No Target being detected, we should take our time. There's no value in hurrying unless we're under pressure to escape - and as of right now, as far as any of us can tell, we've still got the element of surprise. Rushing things tends to lead to mistakes, and mistakes - in this environment - get people killed, or worse, caught."

He then looks intensely at the other Sunaj pair: "And you know what getting caught could entail, if worse comes to worse, my friends..." he says to them both in a grave tone.

"Back to your question, Captain - I say it is too early to tell at this point. We don't even know what the inside of this facility is like yet. Once Vidan has access to a primary console, he should be able to get maps and other pertinent data - where prisoners are housed, where guards are, schedules for shift changes, the armory location - presuming there is one - security measures, alarms, controls for the batteries and comms... really, everything we need. Or, at the very least, much of what we need. It is my professional opinion that we should see what our Psi-Tech friend here can access, and then sort it out and make our next move from there. Until then, it is too early to say... " says the Umbral Sorcerer.

"Once we get inside, I will cast a series of spells that will help us maintain stealth and communicate effectively. At that point, I suggest we figure out a route and carefully, and methodically, advance until we encounter either some form of security measure, or a console. I'm willing to bet we'll see the former before the latter, so we should keep our eyes peeled. I picked up a few tricks during our journey here when I had extra time to study, so I have a few new tricks up my sleeve," he says.

I just hope they're enough...
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 35
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20 and Original post: 1d100 = 82

Az Real listens to Erebos, Sound advise, slow and methodical is best of course. We need to all make it out. Alive. I wont be the reason again. He looks to the shadow mage and says, "Your input is welcomed and as always sound advice. The most important thing right now is knowing what is behind that door. All our continued plans will be of course based on that. I don't want to get caught off guard in there. We will be outnumbered."

Az Real thinks for a minute, I wonder how far the Promethean's telepathy works? Can he hear me now? Bryke, if you can here me, the others are here. We are ready to go in. We only need to know what if anything is on the other side of that door." Realizing he may be lost in an awkward moment of silence while trying to reach out to Bryke he says to the pair, "Everyone needs to keep their wits about them once we enter. There is no telling what we will find. A prison this far out, no transports, minimal communication. I expect he guards will be a bit on edge, maybe more so than the prisoners."

Thinking such thoughts reminds him that it is important to keep an eye out. He quickly turns, and scans their surroundings looking for anything that might be dangerous. He then turns back, "I am not ashamed to say I don't especially like the silence of space. Even the shadows offer sound from time to time." He pauses and sighs, In the silence you are left alone with your own thoughts. Trapped inside your own mind. No distractions from the inner demons tearing at your mind. Alone with your past. He take a deep breath and exhales slowly, "Let's make sure we do this this right."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:28 pm

(Rolls Held over)
Alvidan says, maintaining contact with the others, "Odds are, if we can find a central computer that controls the weapons, something can be done from there. They might, however, be controlled individually or at least on a different computer from the internal defenses. I would actually assume they are...having all your defenses on one computer is just asking to have that hacked."

Alvidan thinks, Too much to hope they are stupid enough to put all their eggs in one basket.

He wonders what is taking the Promethean so long to return. Then again, they are a very long lived species, they probably have a lot of patience and can probably take their time and do things right.

He will survey the area, looking for the interface, when the Promethean returns, assuming there is not someone just inside guarding this airlock, then he w can quickly move to the interface and use his telemechanics on it.

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 78 of 87%
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Bryke » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Perception: 32% | 1d100 = 55
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 20 / 1d100 = 69

The promethean takes inventory of the space and is being as observant as can be. Turns gaze back toward the airlock.

'I wonder if I could open the air lock from here- no... alarms.'

"Where do we go from here.." Turning back, pensive, the prometheans voice trails off, "What or who could hear me right now?" Bryke asks the question aloud, truly curious, while in ghost form. This thought briefly interrupts Bryke's focus.

'The Forge alone I'm guessing- or one of the Elders..' At the thought of second stage prometheans, Bryke is briefly introspective. Recalling the last time one deigned to speak.

'Scrap the lot-!' Bryke's inner voice argues with an invincibly vincible, inconsequentially consequential, intangibly tangible foe. Most just call them memories.

"I don't need yo-!" Bryke screams out from the shock of the memory. The promethean catches itself near the end of the phrase though, and recalls where it is. What it is that the Time Master was doing and how very important the information will be for Bryke and the others.

'Knowledge is...' The thought trails, Bryke's awareness coming back to the present, the Time Master continues on gathering as much information as possible.

Afterward, Bryke returns to the group outside the airlock and materializes.

'I hope they don't accidentally shoot me.'

The Time Master puts one finger in the air spinning it in a circle, while walking toward the three.

'Everyone knows this means group up right? That codger was probably pulling another of his juvenile pranks!'

The promethean abruptly stops the spinning, then signals pointing toward its helmet. When they put their heads together, Bryke tells them all that he saw and what the area looked to be.
Last edited by Bryke on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:10 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 35 vs 49
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20 and Original post: 1d100 = 82

When Bryke rematerializes Az Real thinks to himself, wow, that really is an awesome power. Then when Bryke starts spinning his finger in the air and pointing to himself he starts to worry, Did he run out of oxygen? Are we surrounded? Holly hell we are all gonna die! Finally Bryke touches his EBA helmet to the others and he tells them what he found inside.

"Hell, you had me worried there for a bit. I thought you were trying to tell us we were surrounded. Anyway, good deal. Nobody inside is a stroke of luck for us. My big concern now is alarms. With no guards at the door I expect they will have some. Unless, maybe there is another locked door above. We will need to see what Vidan can glean form the panel. Vidan, make sure to look for alarms. We don't want to set off any alerts yet."

Az Real pauses, I'm rambling, thinking out loud. These are professionals, they know how to do their job. right?! Things are going very smoothly so far. Too smoothly! The monster has to jump out of the closet sooner or later.

Az Real looks to the group, "We can only stay lucky for so long. Keep your eyes open. Our luck is going to change sooner or later. Be prepared." Jack readies his rifle in his hands. "Bryke, Nico. Lock and load. Watch Vidan's front. Keep eyes on the airlock in case someone showed up after Bryke left. I'll watch the back side to make sure nobody sneaks up on us while he is working the panel." Once everyone acknowledges Az Real will turn and watch the entrance from where they came.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:47 am

**rolls held**

Érebos nods to Az Rael and readies his rifle.

"Shroud ready, Captain" he says while focusing with intensity on the mission ahead.

Time to make it happen. Get in, advance to the console - carefully and without detection - Vidan can get in, get all the information we need, disable the necessary systems. We can then plan our strategy to retrieve the mark, and make our exit amidst mass confusion and chaos he thinks while going over the general outline in his head.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:11 am

Jail House Rock
Time since landing on station: 26 minutes. 4 Minutes have passed since last GM Post.

Skills
Az Rael:
None Used.
Alvidan:
None Used.
Bryke:
None used, teaching Mind Block is likely possible if Az Rael was psychic at all, which I don't think he is.
Érebos:
Prowl: Pretty sure your stealthy.

The group discusses through tympanic vibrations in tier helmets what the next course of action is. Bryke arrives and confusedly looks like he's celebrating a party, before Alvidan takes a look at the Airlock.

It's a relatively standard affair, Though the outer door is a tougher sort than normal. On the side is a keypad, with what is likely an independent power supply. Alvidan's mental powers show him what it is to be this particular Airlock, and it seems relatively lonely. But with a password in mind, Alvidan can easily open the airlock and get inside without triggering any alarms.

• Speed reduced by 50%

Butcher Bill
Alvidan:

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Alvidan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 29 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 20
JIC: 1d20 = 7
JIC%: 1d100 = 68

Alvidan checks out the airlock, thinking, Looks like this wants a password. Well that makes sense, after all this is a prison and they do not want just anyone getting in or out. I bet there is an airlock alarm somewhere that tells them the thing is open...but it is clearly on a different circuit

Alvidan learns the password expected via Telemechanics and enters it. 1d100 = 40 of 87% if needed

He looks around the airlock as we enter for the expected alarm. Most likely it is one of three places, on one of the two doors, or on the pressure gauge.

OOC Comments
Alvidan is being paranoid, it is an occupational hazard.

Assuming he finds any alarms, he will attempt to use Telemechanics to USE the alarm to access the computer it should connect to. If he does not find any, he will get everyone into the airlock and the attempt to cycle us through it to inside. It is possible this airlock was left less secure if it was a private escape hatch for the mine company owners to evacuate n case of trouble...but Alvidan will not count on it not being more secure than it seems.
Last edited by Alvidan on Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:36 am

Perception: 1d100 = 30/59%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 10
JIC (100): 1d100 = 89

Conditions: Shadow Skin, Fly as the Eagle: 34:00 remaining each

When the airlock door opens...

Holy shit, we're in... thinks Érebos as Alvidan fiddles with the pad for what seems like an eternity.

The Shadow Mage immediately looks around the inside, examining the interior for alarms or cameras.

Skill Rolls
Intelligence (now where would I put an alarm system or camera?) --> 1d100 = 56/65%
Optic Systems (cameras? optimal locations for some?) --> 1d100 = 43/57%

If he sees either, he will try to assess whether or not it is active or dormant as a relic of the old mining facility.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:04 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 vs 49% (+15% in darkness)
JIC: 1d20 = 15 and 1d100 = 80

Standing with his back to the group of mercenaries, Az Real turns to check on the status of the door and sees the door open with Vidan and Erebos walking in. Backing up slowly, he reaches out and pats Bryke on the shoulder and gestures for him to follow the other two into the airlock. Az Real then continues to back in watching the outside to make sure nobody is behind them. Baby steps, first door breached. One more to go. Gotta stay calm and focused. Focus.

Once Az Real is inside he looks to see if there are any signs of cameras or alarm leads that may be connected to a remote system. He looks for possible switches and sensors along the outer door and the inner door. Using experience with similar activities and experience, he tries to think of standard places these devices might be located. If he finds anything he will tap Vidan on the shoulder and let him know right away. If he doesn't find anything he will tap Vidan on the shoulder and gesture to the inner door hoping he understands that they need to open it next. We need a stealthy coms system. No communication is very limiting.

Once the outer door closes Az Real will shift direction to the inner door with his rifle ready. Our spy says nothing inside but that is not reason to be lax on readiness. Just need to get the inner door opened and find a networked computer for Vidan to hack.

Skill rolls:
Surveillance 62% vs 1d100 = 24 - Looking for any cameras or microphone locations.
Locksmith 77% vs 1d100 = 97 - Use alternate skill for ideas on where lock alarms might be located.
Sensory Equipment 42% vs 1d100 = 2 - identify any sensors or alarms that might be present. Critical success
Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 56 - Use alternate skill for ideas on where sensors or alarms may be hidden.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Bryke » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 am

Perception: 32% | 1d100 = 30
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 93

Bryke watches as AlVidan works with the outer door. The little-giant towers over these others in their lineup behind Alvidan. Bryke is at least two of the large prometheans' steps away from Erebos while outside, since something about being bunched any closer does not sit well with the intelligent being. Eyes dart to AlVidan while the telemech' works with the outer door, then bounce to Erebos, just before they wander out in a wide arc surveying the dark side of the asteroid. The promethean is looking for movement of any sort.

'What an obscure place. An asteroid island that provides no hope for escape. Terribly efficient. When are they shipped here? How often even? Who is it that knows they are here I wonder? Are there more than one that own this rock?' The Time Master's thoughts reflect a once repressed inquisitive nature.

When Az Real reaches out and taps Bryke on the shoulder it brings the beings thoughts back to the present. Looking at Az Real Bryke receives the message. The promethean begins moving absentmindedly toward the airlock, while giving the "south side" of the asteroid another look over.

Bryke Ducks if need be to get in through the hatch, but it is not a normal, subconscious thing for the being to do where it comes from and especially not where it has been. The human trait where a tall person hunches around shorter folk, while indoors, is lost on the promethean. Bryke always stands tall, ready, balanced. The promethean only ducks if something is agressively moving toward its head and that is by a practiced instinct. In the case of short ceilings the promethean has also learned, by way of scars, to always crouch but never slouch.
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:30 pm

Érebos wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 30/59%

JIC (20): Original post: 1d20 = 10
JIC (100): Original post: 1d100 = 89

Conditions: Shadow Skin, Fly as the Eagle: 34:00 remaining each

The Shadow Mage lightly steps over toward Az Rael and touches helmets. He speaks - ironically shouting in a language called Whisper: "Once we get pressurized and have an atmosphere, what's the plan to advance safely to a terminal?"

We have a few Shadowy moves to choose from, my friend...
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:53 am

Jail House Rock
Time since landing on station: 30 minutes. 4 Minutes have passed since last GM Post.

Skills
Az Rael:
Surveillance (Looking for any cameras or microphone locations.): None seen.
Locksmith (Use alternate skill for ideas on where lock alarms might be located.): Seems legit, but the alarm on the door is known and bypassed already.
Sensory Equipment (identify any sensors or alarms that might be present.): There are alarms on the door, but they've been bypassed already.
Intelligence (Use alternate skill for ideas on where sensors or alarms may be hidden.): None detected.
Alvidan:
None Used.
Bryke:
Érebos:
Intelligence (now where would I put an alarm system or camera?): Alarms: On the doors, and pressure pads on the floor near the doors. Cameras: Corners, and above the doors.
Optic Systems (cameras? optimal locations for some?) Corners, and above the doors.

The group looks over the airlock with an abundance of paranoia. In the end, apparently the only defensive thing of note is the door alarm that is triggered if the door is opened without a passcode. After a minute or two, the searches are done, and the second door is opened, which leads into the labyrinthine bowls of the station. There is almost a lack of lights, and the machinery makes the area kind of claustrophobic. Bryke almost is unable to make it through, but can manage to twist and turn as necessary.

Alvidan: While you know the alarm is connected to a computer somewhere. Nowhere in the skill says that you can follow a connection like that especially give how far away the server is. ~Consumer

Brakus is unsure how much time has passed, he has been out of phase with reality for what seems to him forever. Now though for some reason, he's back in phase and in the real world albeit floating in the center of a very boring looking cell without windows or amenities, just a plain metal door in a ten foot square cell. The lighting is dim, barely bright enough for observation.

• Speed reduced by 50%

Butcher Bill
Alvidan:

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Alvidan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 39 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 6
JIC%: 1d100 = 9

Alvidan notes the presence of an alarm, Because I entered the passcode so it did not go off, but it would need to connect to something, probably a security computer.

Alvidan pauses, thinking, then says to the others, "I may be able to get into the computer system from here using my powers. I will need to enter virtual space to do it and travel along the alarm circuits, which are there but not activated because we used the passcode. My body will still be here and it may take some time. Did you want me to attempt this?"

The others will probably have to guard him if he does this, so it is partly their choice.
Last edited by Alvidan on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:10 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 75/59%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 6
JIC (100): 1d100 = 88

Conditions (at the end of this post): Shadow Skin: 80:00 min remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 30:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 40:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 80:00 min remaining; Shadow Senses: 32 min remaining

Consumer wrote:The group looks over the airlock with an abundance of paranoia. In the end, apparently the only defensive thing of note is the door alarm that is triggered if the door is opened without a passcode. After a minute or two, the searches are done, and the second door is opened, which leads into the labyrinthine bowls of the station. There is almost a lack of lights, and the machinery makes the area kind of claustrophobic. Bryke almost is unable to make it through, but can manage to twist and turn as necessary.

The Sunaj smirks when Bryke barely manages to squeeze though the areas (not that anyone can see his covered face).

Can't be easy for someone of Bryke's size to get around in places designed for people half that size...

Érebos looks around and the group and says, "Alright team, let's get down to business. I'm going to cast some spells on us to help us be more stealthy. They will make you all look like me, but that's okay because these suits are hard to see. The Shadow Skin isn't going to be a lot of protection, but it is light mega-damage protection, keeps you comfortable despite warm temperatures, and - obviously - makes it harder to see you. As a side benefit, it also ensures we leave no DNA or fingerprinting or other kinds of traceable evidence behind. So, that's spell number one. Any questions? No? Good."

The Shadow Mage proceeds to cast Shadow Skin(8 P.P.E. total cost) on himself and Bryke, and then himself and Az Rael.

Shadow Skin
Range: Self or self and one other by touch.
Duration: Twenty minutes per level of experience or until destroyed. (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: Standard if resisted.
P.P.E.: Four (Shadow Mage)
This spell creates a skin-tight, soft, flexible black suit that feels like thin rubber. The primary purpose of the suit is stealth and concealment. Consequently, the Shadow Skin covers the wearer from head to toe, like a body suit with a pull-over mask that completely covers the head and face. If she is wearing clothing or other armor, they are covered in the inky darkness of the Shadow Skin as if it were an outer covering. The face, hands, and everything else are covered by the rubbery shadow suit which means the wearer leaves no fingerprints, palm prints, or footprints with any discernable features. The recipient of the spell can breathe and see through the Shadow Skin as if it were not there. Movement is unimpaired.
Shadow Skin only provides minimal protection: 6 M.D.C. per level of experience (S.D.C. and an AR of 12 on S.D.C. worlds).
Bonuses: The Shadow Skin adds a +10% bonus to Prowl or provides a base skill level of 33%, and a 10% bonus to the Chameleon spell if it is cast after the Shadow Skin is put into place. Shadow Skin also keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), and prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence such as hair, fibers, DNA, finger or palm prints, etc.

He then says "Right. Next up, Aura of Darkness. Helps stealth, and cloaks you so that no one can really see who or what you are inside the dark aura... you become a hazy black silhouette. This one doesn't protect you other than to conceal your shape, and makes it harder for people to fight you unless they're all up close and personal."

Érebos will then cast Aura of Darkness (12 P.P.E. total cost) upon all four of us.

Aura of Darkness
Range: Self or one other by touch. Creates an aura of darkness that radiates 2 feet around the affected individual.
Duration: Ten minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
P.P.E.: Three (Shadow Mage)
This cloaking spell is ideal in darkness for hiding, escape, and setting up an ambush (+10% to Prowl). This magic cloaks the spellcaster in a form-fitting aura or field of darkness that follows her everywhere, making her a hazy black silhouette. The mage can see perfectly from within the haze of darkness, but those outside the radius of magic cannot see into it. At night, it renders the cloaked individual virtually invisible, although she can still be detected by infrared, thermal, motion detectors, and similar sensor systems. Furthermore, the Aura of Darkness may noticeably obscure a particular part of the background or area around her, making it obvious to visual detection in especially well-lit areas, or when bathed in light – the magic darkness cannot be dispelled by the ordinary light, but stands out like a sore thumb.
In combat, opponents who attack a character cloaked in darkness from any distance are -2 to strike due to the fact that they cannot see exactly where her head, face, heart, etc. is located unless guided by thermal-optics or similar heat-based optic systems, and even then, they are -1 to strike. Likewise, skills like Pick Pockets and Palming (trying to plant something on the obscured character) are performed against the black blur at half proficiency because their target is obscured in the equivalent of a black cloud.

Lastly, he will say, "Alright, everyone gather round and put your hand on me. We have to be touching when I cast this next spell, which I think will be very useful for us. It's called Whispered Voice, and is used to communicate amongst each other discreetly. It's got good range, about 900' or so, and has a few effects: Firstly, it allows you to understand the Shadow language. But, more importantly, it allows us to communicate by whispering into a shadow or dark area and having our words heard by an individual as if they're standing right next to us. But here's the catch: you have to say their name first. For example, 'Az Rael, Shroud here at the checkpoint with three guards ahead, please advise'. As long as we are both in shadows or darkness, we can communicate back and forth like a two-way radio - only no radio signals alert sensors and we're no louder than a whisper. Just remember - you HAVE to say the name of the intended recipient first, or it WON'T WORK. Got it? Oh, one more thing. No group broadcasts - we can only speak to one person at a time. It won't be confusing since we say names first, but we'll have to wait our turn to talk next. Got it? Good."

The Shadow Mage casts Whispered Voice (Communication) (3 P.P.E.) when everyone is touching him.

Whispered Voice (Communication)
Range: Self and teammates. Range of transmission is 500 feet plus 100 feet per additional level of experience. For the magic to work, ALL those with whom the Whispered Voice is to be applied (10 maximum per spell) MUST be clustered together and touching when the spell is first cast. Anyone left out is NOT part of the communication circle.
Duration: 20 Minutes per level of the spellcaster (Shadow Mage).
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: Three (Shadow Mage)
This enchantment has two effects. One, it enables those affected to understand Whisper (the language of the Shadow Lords and the denizens of the Shadow Dimension).
Two, it also connects them through shadows. It enables the spellcaster and her teammates to communicate by whispering into a shadow or dark area and have their words heard by that individual as if the person was standing and speaking right next to her. To deliver the message, the recipient's name must be spoken first, followed by the message. "Tom, I'm at the north corner. All is clear." As long as the person speaking and the individual meant to receive the message are both in shadow or darkness, they can communicate back and forth like a two-way radio transmission. They just need to always say the person's name first. Words spoken in the heat of the moment without the name said first are NOT transmitted through the shadows and remain unheard.
Limitations and Problems: Though a group of people may be part of the magical communication, only one, named person can receive a message at a time. Also, any Shadow Lords or other shadow creatures within the radius of transmission also hear the message (all of them).

Finally, the Umbral Sorcerer casts Shadow Senses (8 P.P.E.) on himself, and then Lengthen Shadow on Bryke (2 P.P.E.), lengthening the big Promethean's shadow down the corridor in front of them as far as the eye can see, providing a "path of shadow" for the group to stay in while proceeding forward.

Having completing his "buffs" the Shadow Mage then nods to Az Rael.

"Call it, Cap'n," he says, gripping his weapon and focusing on the task ahead.

Lengthen Shadows
Range: Self or object that casts a long shadow, or lengthens an existing shadow 10 feet per level of experience.
Duration: Eight minutes per level of experience (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: None
P.P.E.: Two (Shadow Mage)
The spellcaster can cause any person or object, including herself, to cast a long, dark shadow in any direction she desires, regardless of other existing light sources. This unnatural shadow can be used for dramatic effect to intimidate or startle others, but is more often created to assist Sunaj operatives. The creation of a long shadow can create a bridge from one shadow to another or give assassins and Shadow Mages a path to travel unseen, or a dark place within which to hide, vanish, or become Ethereal, and similar uses.

This gives me control of the length and direction of Bryke's shadow for 32 minutes.

Shadow Senses
Duration: Eight minutes per level of the spellcaster (Shadow Mage).
P.P.E.: Eight (Shadow Mage)
This enchantment works only in darkness and shadow, imparting the recipient(s) with special senses:
1) Shadow Vision: The mage is able to see in total darkness as if he had the See in Magic Darkness spell and Nightvision; range: 1,000 feet.
2) Hear Night Sounds: Applicable only when in a dark environment or a connecting shadow. Hearing is enhanced and amplified, enabling the spell recipient to hear and locate sounds at three times the normal level of hearing. She can hear and follow footsteps or the sound of the wind, rushing water, a running motor, voices, a muffled gunshot, etc., to help her navigate in darkness or to eavesdrop on people in the dead of night or from shadows. Ambushing a character using Shadow Senses is difficult because she can hear sounds as slight as a whisper up to 300 feet away. Anyone trying to sneak up on somebody using Shadow Senses while she is in darkness is -20% to Prowl and does NOT get a critical strike from any attack from behind. The Shadow Senses alert her to the incoming attack and enable her to move just enough to avoid the Critical Strike (does normal damage instead).
3) Perception Bonuses: +2 on Perception Rolls related to detecting likely ambush locations, noticing a person hiding in shadow, all things Shadow Magic, finding shadows/darkness, making shadows, and noticing the presence of Shadow Beasts and other denizens of the Shadow Realm.
4) Sense Shadows: This magic helps the character sense and locate the presence of shadows and dark places within a 200 foot radius. It also enables the enchanted individual to sense the presence of Shadow creatures such as Shadow Beasts and other denizens of the Shadow Realm within that radius. She cannot tell what the creature is nor pinpoint its exact location with this sense, but she knows if there is one, a few, or many, and if it/they are near or farther away within the sensing radius. Shadow Mages and Shadow Assassins do NOT register.
Penalty: With Shadow Senses activated, the recipient is vulnerable to bright lights and is -3 to save vs. light spells such as Blinding Flash and Globe of Daylight, both of which are painful and cause temporary blindness (-10 to strike, parry and dodge). Moreover, daylight and artificial light brighter than 60 watts reduces the character to seeing through squinted eyes with a range of merely 15 feet. The duration of blindness caused by Blinding Flash. flash grenades, or any sudden exposure to bright light is doubled. Retreating back into comforting darkness or a shadow reduces the duration of light blindness by half.

Total P.P.E. cost: 33 P.P.E. for all spells.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:32 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49 vs 49% +15% in darkness (64%)
JIC: 1d20 = 7 and 1d100 = 73

Current Conditions
Shadow Skin: 80:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 40:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 80:00 min remaining; Ride the night wind: 30:00 min remaining;

Az Real is the last through the inner door bringing up the rear and is a bit relieved at the anti-climatic entrance. Great, nothing changed since Bryke came in. That is good news. Now to make our way deeper. Az Real looks down the dark hallway into the labyrinth and is excited by what he sees, ah my old friend darkness. How I have missed you. He smiles in appreciation of being in his element. Moving on now.

Alvidan wrote:"I may be able to get into the computer system from here using my powers. I will need to enter virtual space to do it and travel along the alarm circuits, which are there but not activated because we used the passcode. My body will still be here and it may take some time. Did you want me to attempt this?"

Vidan mentions his ability to travel through the network and Az Real is intrigued. "This sounds like a most interesting direction to move. My concerns, If we wait here too long we may be discovered and how are we to know you condition while you are in there? It may be better to just work our way closer as a group for now. I would like to make our way further up that corridor if possible. Does anyone disagree? Az Real looks around to see if the team is in general agreement.

Érebos wrote:"Alright team, let's get down to business. I'm going to cast some spells on us to help us be more stealthy. They will make you all look like me, but that's okay because these suits are hard to see. The Shadow Skin isn't going to be a lot of protection, but it is light mega-damage protection, keeps you comfortable despite warm temperatures, and - obviously - makes it harder to see you. As a side benefit, it also ensures we leave no DNA or fingerprinting or other kinds of traceable evidence behind. So, that's spell number one. Any questions? No? Good."

The Shadow Mage proceeds to cast Shadow Skin(8 P.P.E. total cost) on himself and Bryke, and then himself and Az Rael.

He then says "Right. Next up, Aura of Darkness. Helps stealth, and cloaks you so that no one can really see who or what you are inside the dark aura... you become a hazy black silhouette. This one doesn't protect you other than to conceal your shape, and makes it harder for people to fight you unless they're all up close and personal."

Érebos will then cast Aura of Darkness (12 P.P.E. total cost) upon all four of us.

Lastly, he will say, "Alright, everyone gather round and put your hand on me. We have to be touching when I cast this next spell, which I think will be very useful for us. It's called Whispered Voice, and is used to communicate amongst each other discreetly. It's got good range, about 900' or so, and has a few effects: Firstly, it allows you to understand the Shadow language. But, more importantly, it allows us to communicate by whispering into a shadow or dark area and having our words heard by an individual as if they're standing right next to us. But here's the catch: you have to say their name first. For example, 'Az Rael, Shroud here at the checkpoint with three guards ahead, please advise'. As long as we are both in shadows or darkness, we can communicate back and forth like a two-way radio - only no radio signals alert sensors and we're no louder than a whisper. Just remember - you HAVE to say the name of the intended recipient first, or it WON'T WORK. Got it? Oh, one more thing. No group broadcasts - we can only speak to one person at a time. It won't be confusing since we say names first, but we'll have to wait our turn to talk next. Got it? Good."

The Shadow Mage casts Whispered Voice (Communication) (3 P.P.E.) when everyone is touching him.

Having completing his "buffs" the Shadow Mage then nods to Az Rael.

"Call it, Cap'n," he says, gripping his weapon and focusing on the task ahead.

When Erebos chimes in Az Real smiles big, All buisness my friend, all buisness. "These will all be awesome advantages my friend. Thank you. he says to the shadow mage. "Does everyone understand everything Nico has explained? If you have any questions speak now. If not we will be moving forward. Single file down the hall. Battle order, I will take point, Nico behind me and Vidan behind him. I want Bryke bringing up the rear in case we encounter any resistance. With his size I don't want him caught out there trying to turn around. If anything happens we can cover him while he backs for cover. Az Real looks around to make sure everyone is following along and then continues.

"No trigger happy behavior in here. If we can eliminate a threat quietly that's what we do. Everyone keep an eye for any possible main terminals once we get closer to the main prison." Once everyone is locked, loaded and ready to move out Az Real take point and starts down the corridor. "I figure for now we head directly away from the air lock. This should push us deeper into the asteroid. Hopefully something down the corridor will give us a better idea of a good direction." As Az Real walks down the corridor he keeps an eye out for any points of interest like ambush points, cameras, alarms, sensors and base maps. He especially keeps his eyes open for any base maps that might be on the walls.

Skill Rolls
Intelligence 65% vs 1d100 = 3 - Use the position of the airlock and the docking tubes to try to figure out the best route to take.
Surveillance 62% vs 1d100 = 59 - Identify any cameras, sensors or alarms as they move down the hall.
Detect Ambush 67% vs 1d100 = 89 - Look for ambush points as they move along.
Sensory Equipment 42% vs 1d100 = 64 - Look for or identify any new access panels Vidan might be link to.
Prowl 62% (82% -10% from EBA, with Bonus from Erebos spells 72% total) - 1d100 = 6 - Prowl through hallway
Last edited by Az Rael on Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:47 am

**ROLLS HELD**

Conditions (at the end of this post): Shadow Skin: 80:00 min remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 30:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 40:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 80:00 min remaining; Shadow Senses: 32 min remaining

Alvidan wrote:"I may be able to get into the computer system from here using my powers. I will need to enter virtual space to do it and travel along the alarm circuits, which are there but not activated because we used the passcode. My body will still be here and it may take some time. Did you want me to attempt this?"

"I agree with the Captain. This sounds like a useful ability, but I'm not sure it makes sense to dive in quite yet. I suggest we get a bit more familiar with our environment and take advantage of a console before going down that road," says the Shadow Mage to the group.

Also, if you get stuck in there, or take too long.. bad things could happen... he thinks to himself.

Az Rael wrote:When Erebos chimes in Az Real smiles big, All buisness my friend, all buisness. "These will all be awesome advantages my friend. Thank you. he says to the shadow mage. "Does everyone understand everything Nico has explained? If you have any questions speak now. If not we will be moving forward. Single file down the hall. Battle order, I will take point, Nico behind me and Vidan behind him. I want Bryke bringing up the rear in case we encounter any resistance. With his size I don't want him caught out there trying to turn around. If anything happens we can cover him while he backs for cover. Az Real looks around to make sure everyone is following along and then continues.

Érebos nods and adds, "With the control I have over Bryke's shadow, it would be best for him to remain in the back. I can project his shadow to provide cover for all of us that way, regardless of the light source."

Az Rael wrote:"No trigger happy behavior in here. If we can eliminate a threat quietly that's what we do. Everyone keep an eye for any possible main terminals once we get closer to the main prison."

"Agreed. Ideally, we bypass threats and no one is the wiser. However, when engaging, we should eliminate quietly and quickly. Once we start engaging threats, it is simply a matter of time before we are eventually discovered, and the longer we can maintain secrecy, the longer we can exert absolute control."

When Érebos speaks, he sounds different.. almost distant and cold.

This is what we trained for.

Before Az Rael departs, Érebos takes his helmet off.

These senses work better if my head isn't covered.

Az Rael wrote:Once everyone is locked, loaded and ready to move out Az Real take point and starts down the corridor. "I figure for now we head directly away from the air lock. This should push us deeper into the asteroid. Hopefully something down the corridor will give us a better idea of a good direction." As Az Real walks down the corridor he keeps an eye out for any points of interest like ambush points, cameras, alarms, sensors and base maps. He especially keeps his eyes open for any base maps that might be on the walls.

The Umbral Sorcerer is ready, and follows his Sunaj compatriot toward the corridor while keeping an eye for cameras, sensors, and anything that stands out.

Skill Rolls
Prowl (sneaky sneaky) --> 1d100 = 5/77%, including bonuses from spells and armor penalty CRITICAL SUCCESS!
Intelligence (cameras? guard checkpoints? would I keep this area under surveillance?) --> 1d100 = 33/65%
Optic Systems (eyes wide for cameras or optic systems of all sorts) --> 1d100 = 13/57%[/color]
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:52 pm

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 49 vs 49% +15% in darkness (64%)
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 73

Current Conditions
Shadow Skin: 80:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 40:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 80:00 min remaining; Ride the night wind: 30:00 min remaining;

As the squad takes their positions Az Real pause in the front briefly to setup his optics. He accesses the minicomputer on the suits arm and activates the passive night vision and thermos imaging in the helmet. Should help to give me some advantage in the darkness. He turns back tot he group nd says, "Might want to set your optics for night vision or thermos if you have them. Nico has it covered, just want to give you fellas a heads up."

Once he has the optics set on the helmet he brings his rifle back to ready and turns to start down the corridor. "By the numbers folks, no heroics, no superstars. Slow and low, that is the tempo. We all go in, well get out. With or without the mark." Looking forward, his last statement hits home a bit. I wont be the cause of another accident. Not again!

"Sound off you understand. Lets get this train rolling."

On his way down the hall he wonders, Maybe we could put the whole place to sleep. Cut the O2 slowly so they don't even realize it. Then nighty night. As he walks he asks Erebos, "Nico, what do you think about putting them all to bed. This seems to be environmental controls. Maybe have Vidan take a quick taste of the systems and see if he can set them to slowly decrease the O2 into the asteroid. What do you think?" Erebos might not like that, I know he is itching to get out of that suit. It might just offer us a bid tactical advantage though.
Last edited by Az Rael on Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:53 pm

**rolls held**

Az Rael wrote:As the squad takes their positions Az Real pause in the front briefly to setup his optics. He accesses the minicomputer on the suits arm and activates the passive night vision and thermos imaging in the helmet. Should help to give me some advantage in the darkness. He turns back tot he group nd says, "Might want to set your optics for night vision or thermos if you have them. Nico has it covered, just want to give you fellas a heads up."

Once he has the optics set on the helmet he brings his rifle back to ready and turns to start down the corridor. "By the numbers folks, no heroics, no superstars. Slow and low, that is the tempo. We all go in, well get out. With or without the mark." Looking forward, his last statement hits home a bit. I wont be the cause of another accident. Not again!

"Sound off you understand. Lets get this train rolling."

"Shroud, affirmative, Captain."

I'd rather not have this armor on at all. It's pretty good for EBA, but a little on the clunky side. At least I can see and hear without the helmet...

Az Rael wrote:As he walks he asks Erebos, "Nico, what do you think about putting them all to bed. This seems to be environmental controls. Maybe have Vidan take a quick taste of the systems and see if he can set them to slowly decrease the O2 into the asteroid. What do you think?"

The Shadow Mage thinks it over for a few steps, considering the advantages and disadvantages.

"Clever thinking, and in the right sort of circumstance, it could be highly effective.... however, I don't think this scenario is ideal for that sort of tactic due to a few concerns: One, we don't know if they have redundant or manual systems for backup. In a facility of this size, I suspect they do, just in case something happens to the environmental systems. Secondly, we may end up harming our mark - which is not something we contracted for and a risk that I think isn't worth taking right now. Thirdly, what if things go wrong? What if we can't get the systems started again for some reason, like a malfunction?"

Érebos lets the question hang for a few seconds and then follows up: "My suggestion is to file that tactic away for further consideration. Our priority now - with due respect - should be to learn as much as we can about the facility and locate the mark, and ideally without detection. If any systems should be prioritized for disabling, I should think the alarm and security systems should be the first taken down."

Then, while stealing down the hallway, he says (in Ancient Greek): "Your call, my friend, but in my opinion, it's a risk we shouldn't take right now."

Érebos keeps his eyes peeled and heightened senses on full alert as he searches for clues in the passageway.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:17 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 49 vs 49% +15% in darkness (64%)
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 7 and Original post: 1d100 = 73

Current Conditions
Shadow Skin: 80:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 40:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 80:00 min remaining;Ride the night wind: 30:00 min remaining;

Érebos wrote:"Clever thinking, and in the right sort of circumstance, it could be highly effective.... however, I don't think this scenario is ideal for that sort of tactic due to a few concerns: One, we don't know if they have redundant or manual systems for backup. In a facility of this size, I suspect they do, just in case something happens to the environmental systems. Secondly, we may end up harming our mark - which is not something we contracted for and a risk that I think isn't worth taking right now. Thirdly, what if things go wrong? What if we can't get the systems started again for some reason, like a malfunction?"

Érebos lets the question hang for a few seconds and then follows up: "My suggestion is to file that tactic away for further consideration. Our priority now - with due respect - should be to learn as much as we can about the facility and locate the mark, and ideally without detection. If any systems should be prioritized for disabling, I should think the alarm and security systems should be the first taken down."

Then, while stealing down the hallway, he says (in Ancient Greek): "Your call, my friend, but in my opinion, it's a risk we shouldn't take right now."

Always the cautious one my friend. Az Real listens to Erebos carefully. There is risk in everything we do from here on out. He makes a good point. Quietly Az Real replies, "If we only had an environmental expert or a science guy to calculate how much air would be left and how long it would last. I agree though, we table it for now. Later it might come in handy. Vidan can always do something with it later if we get him to the main controls."

Az Real continues down the hallway. Vidan and Bryke have both been fairly quiet. The promethean is a vet, might just be game time for him. The kid though, I wonder if he is feeling the nerves. Contemplating Vidan's experience Az Real feels a pang of concern.

Az Real tells Erebos (in Ancient Greek), "Nico, Keep an eye on the kid! We need him for the mission! I also don't want this to be his last."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:50 pm

(Rolls Held Over)
Vidan points out, "They probably use environmental factors, such as gasses, to help deal with riots. The odds are good the guards are in environmental armor."

He says to the question of using his psychic abilities to search the systems, "The possibility of us being located while I was unable to respond in my own body is why I requested your input. Waiting until we find a better place is a reasonable suggestion.

He thinks, I would tend to avoid the use of Greek, it is only good as a secret until someone figures it out. The more often it is used, the faster that will happen.

Prowl: 1d100 = 33 of 60% (Temporary boost) to avoid being seen
Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 69 of 55% to figure out the logical place for such equipment
Intelligence: 1d100 = 1 of 60% to reason out the layout of the area
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Brackus Monellio » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:01 pm

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 37
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 15

Brackus opens his eyes slowly. As the scene starts to form clearly, he is jolted fully awake by his chest thing. ”What the? Where in the frak?” As he feels himself getting worked up, he is almost instantly overcome by feelings of calm, maybe even serenity. ’Thanks guys. When we were first joined I wasn't happy about it, but i am starting to like you.” ’I am talking to things attached to me? Have i lost it? Wait...is that a smudge?”
He uses his tentacles to pull himself around the cell inspecting for dirt, mess, or bugs. After a through search, Brackus stops and lets himself float. With a deep inhale, he forces himself to calm down and think. ”i was running thru a market, then a sharp pain in my back and now i am here. Wherever here is.” He takes a moment, and then just waits.
Brackus Monellio

Postby Consumer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:57 pm

Jail House Rock
Time since landing on station: 50 minutes. 20 Minutes have passed since last GM Post.

Skills
Az Rael:
Intelligence (Use the position of the airlock and the docking tubes to try to figure out the best route to take.): In and up is Az Rael's best guess.
Surveillance (Identify any cameras, sensors or alarms as they move down the hall.): There are all kinds of sensors down in the bowels of the station, but none of them are the kind a lurking individual would be worried about unless they're plan was to mess with life support.
Detect Ambush (Look for ambush points as they move along.): "Looks Safe."
Sensory Equipment (Look for or identify any new access panels Vidan might be link to.): All of the equipment blends together, and none of it makes sense to him.
Prowl (Prowl through hallway): Seems like it's working.
Alvidan:
Prowl (to avoid being seen): Seems like it's working.
Sensory Equipment (to figure out the logical place for such equipment): At this point Alvidan is jumping at shadows thinking everything is a sensor.
Intelligence (to reason out the layout of the area): While the layout in exactness is unknown to him, Alvidan can suss out a general flow to things and is sure he can navigate the team deeper into the station and away from engineering.
Bryke:
No Skills Used.
Érebos:
Prowl (sneaky sneaky): It's super effective.
Intelligence (cameras? guard checkpoints? would I keep this area under surveillance?): None seen, None seen, yes because Érebos is more security minded than the prison designers.
Optic Systems (eyes wide for cameras or optic systems of all sorts): None seen.
Brackus:
No Skills Used.

Avidan offers to do some psionic stuff while Érebos casts a series of spells on himself and the party. Az Rael gives a battleplan to the group before suggesting upping the CO2 in the prison to put everyone asleep, which Érebos voices his concerns about.

Even with the labyrinthine layout of the engineering section of the station, with Alvidan's help the group is able to maneuver deeper into the facility with the corridors becoming more brightly lit than the earlier ones. The group makes a full stop when they come to a rather straight hallway that from a building perspective would go straight up, not much of an issue within a nul-g environment. It is a secure looking door with a key pad and a card reader on the doors frame. The group is contemplating their next move when the lights go out for approximately fifteen seconds, before the emergency lighting in all of it's red glory comes on, turning the area into a surreal and more terrifying place. A collective thought of What just happened. Is thought by all.

Brakus floats in his cell, the walls are rather plain without even paint and the door looks very solid. He's contemplating what to do, when the lights go out for several long seconds, before the room is bathed in a dull red light.

• Speed reduced by 50%

Butcher Bill
Érebos: -62 P.P.E.
Alvidan:

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Érebos » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 49/59%

JIC (100): 1d100 = 73
JIC (20): 1d20 = 19

Conditions (at the end of this post): Shadow Skin: 60:00 min remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 10:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 20:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 60:00 min remaining; Shadow Senses: 12 min remaining

Consumer wrote:Even with the labyrinthine layout of the engineering section of the station, with Alvidan's help the group is able to maneuver deeper into the facility with the corridors becoming more brightly lit than the earlier ones. The group makes a full stop when they come to a rather straight hallway that from a building perspective would go straight up, not much of an issue within a nul-g environment. It is a secure looking door with a key pad and a card reader on the doors frame. The group is contemplating their next move when the lights go out for approximately fifteen seconds, before the emergency lighting in all of it's red glory comes on, turning the area into a surreal and more terrifying place. A collective thought of What just happened. Is thought by all.

The Shadow Mage freezes when the lights go out, and looks around for clues, knowing his Shadow Senses enable him to see perfectly fine in the dark.

He turns to look at Vidan curiously. "Vidan, did you..." he starts, and then the emergency red lights come on.

What's going on? he thinks, looking around. Power outage? Drill?

Érebos turns to Az Rael and shrugs, uncertain of what to make of the sudden change of events.
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Alvidan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 76 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 6
JIC: 1d20 = 19
JIC%: 1d100 = 73
OOC Comments
Conditions (at the end of this post): Shadow Skin: 10:00 min remaining; Fly as the Eagle: 10:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 20:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 60:00 min remaining

Alvidan is able to figure out the basic layout and lead the group in what should be the right direction...thanks to his research before arrival on the original mine schematics mostly.

When the lights go out, his first reaction is, "That wasn't me. The bad news is, if someone or something is causing trouble, the guards will be on high alert and the cells will be locked down."

Alvidan thinks, At least, there is a strong chance the cells will be locked down. Some things normally call for evacuations, but not sure if Prisons would set prisoners free for them or not.

Alvidan touches the lock in front of them, it is entirely possible that the thing can not be unlocked without power, but he will find out. If it can be unlocked, he will ask if the other want him to. If it needs power, he will have to see about jury rigging a power source first...
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Brackus Monellio » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Perception: 24% | 1d100 = 89
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 7 / 1d100 = 12
Initiative: 1d20+12 = 14
Conditions - WIP
Brackus’ eyes go wide. There is a rush of worry and fear, followed by a blast of adrenaline follwed by a wave of calm. ”Okay, Guys!! Seriously, wait till i need it. Now i am jacked up and dont know why. Next time wait for a threat to actually appear.” He then rolls his shoulders and, using his tentacles, moves to the wall. Using his tentacles tohold him up, Brackus braces his feet against the wall. With his hands on wall behind him and head facing door, Brackus waits.
Brackus Monellio

Postby Bryke » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:33 pm

Perception: 32% | 1d100 = 7
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 1 / 1d100 = 16

-Erebos's Buffs-
Shadow Skin: 60:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 20:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 60:00 min remaining

Bryke insists on being the "last-man-down" while maneuvering due to his height and girth.

The Promethean is also not alarmed by darkness, or by there being a change in plan. What does peak the Time Master's curiosity however is how at this moment the alarms go off.

'Wonder what that means?' The Promethean thinks, mulling over multiple possibilities, 'what if there is another group headed for our target... that's possible. If so, are we the heroes or villains in that scenario?' A wicked grin crosses the Prometheans face, 'Villains. Definitely.'

Bryke whispers to the others via Erebos's spell, "Thoughts on what that alarm could mean rogues?" Bryke pauses transmission for any response and afterward adds, "We are on a deadline right? I'm guessing another group or more could be headed for our target? Assassination attempt maybe?" Bryke transmits again, becoming more and more accustomed to the Shadow Mages gift.

"Which way to the mark." Bryke whispers the last transmission and determines to wait for a response while maneuvering.
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Érebos » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:14 am

**rolls held**

Bryke wrote:Bryke whispers to the others via Erebos's spell, "Thoughts on what that alarm could mean rogues?" Bryke pauses transmission for any response and afterward adds, "We are on a deadline right? I'm guessing another group or more could be headed for our target? Assassination attempt maybe?" Bryke transmits again, becoming more and more accustomed to the Shadow Mages gift.

"Which way to the mark." Bryke whispers the last transmission and determines to wait for a response while maneuvering.

The Shadow Mage's enhanced hearing due to his Shadow Senses registers Bryke's whispers.

Our Promethean friend did not listen...

He decides to demonstrate how it works to the Promethean, and whispers into a shadow: "Bryke, the spell only works if you mention the first name of the person you wish to transmit to, and will not work if addressing multiple people at once."

"Bryke, the spell is designed for discreet and quiet communication over distances, but is limited in that certain conditions must be met for it to work - one of those is that you must whisper the name of the person you wish to transmit your speech to; another is that, though a group may be affected by the spell, only one, named person can receive a transmission at a time; and thirdly the spell only works for those who are touching the caster at the time it is cast."

Both of these whispers are heard by Bryke as if he were standing right next to Erebos with Erebos whispering directly into Bryke's ear - despite a bit of distance between the two.

"Bryke, please respond in the affirmative by whispering to me that you understand the parameters of the spell - I want to be sure we all know how to use it; otherwise, we won't be able to communicate effectively as a team."

Alvidan wrote:When the lights go out, his first reaction is, "That wasn't me. The bad news is, if someone or something is causing trouble, the guards will be on high alert and the cells will be locked down."

Alvidan touches the lock in front of them, it is entirely possible that the thing can not be unlocked without power, but he will find out. If it can be unlocked, he will ask if the other want him to. If it needs power, he will have to see about jury rigging a power source first...

"Roger that. Everyone, stay cool - we don't know what caused this; it could be a number of things. Let's proceed as planned - getting to a computer terminal will enhance our ability to find out what's going on anyhow, as Vidan can read the signs."

Érebos flies up to Vidan and nods. "I see you're already working on that keypad - good thinking," he says to his fellow Sunaj.

"Az Rael, suggest we consider code names for everyone in the group - with this spell it won't be much of a concern, but with other communications, if they are intercepted, our identities could be compromised if we use our *ahem* real names... so I recommend we use code names, such as the one you already know me by, Shroud, for discreet comms when potential exposure is risked."

We can still pull this off, we just need to be cautious and methodical.

Realizing how much time has passed just to get to where they are, he thinks, I hope my magical resources hold out...
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:08 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 31 vs (49% + 15% in darkness or shadow)
JIC: 1d20 = 15 and 1d100 = 100

Current Conditions
Shadow Skin: 60:00 min remaining; Aura of Darkness: 20:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 60:00 min remaining;Ride the night wind: 10:00 min remaining;

Az Real continues down the corridor and is excited when they get tot he new door. Great, maybe Vidan can get a better link to the main system from here. Just as he turns to mention it to Vidan the lights go dark and just as quickly the emergency lighting comes on. Erebos asks Vidan if it was him.

Alvidan wrote:"That wasn't me. The bad news is, if someone or something is causing trouble, the guards will be on high alert and the cells will be locked down."

"Alright folks, keep calm. Keep your eyes open. We might have other players in this game. They might have another team sent into assure success. Good news, if the emergency lighting is on this keypad should have power. Get this thing open Vidan. I think our timer just sped up. No alarms. Az real takes a defensive position behind Vidan with his rifle trained on the door. He watches as Vidan takes up position on the keypad and starts to do his thing.

Érebos wrote:"Az Rael, suggest we consider code names for everyone in the group - with this spell it won't be much of a concern, but with other communications, if they are intercepted, our identities could be compromised if we use our *ahem* real names... so I recommend we use code names, such as the one you already know me by, Shroud, for discreet comms when potential exposure is risked."

Hearing Erebos in the shadows reminds Az Real of the spells he cast earlier. Truly a great spell, not great for getting stuff out to everyone quickly. Az Real speaks up to the group, "No names from hear on out, our shadow friend here is shroud, call me shade. Sound off on your call names so we can get it straight from here out. In the meantime everyone spread out and take a defensive position on the door. If there is someone behind it when Vidan opens it take him out. something is going on here and I don't think its the time to slow down. We are just going to have to adapt and overcome as we move along.

Az Real turns to Vidan directly, "What kind of info can you get out of that thing without ghosting inside it? Can you see down the line? Or just pull access codes? We need maximum results from the quickest solution sir. Get us what you can and get the door open.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:10 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Alvidan reaches out with his Telemechanics to try to find out how to bypass the lock. It should be simple enough, but sometimes even simple things do not go as planned.

Telemechanics 1d100 = 80 of 87%

If he can, he will open the lock so we can proceed. Hopefully, he can do this the easy way, because he is not a locksmith. He thinks, Not knowing much about locks is something to consider rectifying.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:07 pm

**rolls held**

"Ca-...err.. Shade - think you can pick up their chatter on the squawk box?" whispers the Shadow Mage to Az Rael.

With minimal squawking, too.. maybe we can figure out what's going on...

Érebos switches on his secured earbud, being sure not to key the mic (i.e. listening only), and scans the different radio frequencies to see if he can "tune in" to any local broadcasts.

Meanwhile, he covers every other direction he can see with his weapon, tuning in with his heightened senses.

Skill Roll: Radio: Basic (pick up radio, CB, walkie talkie, etc. within 2 miles) --> 1d100 = 84/55%
Current Status

Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:17 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 31 vs (49% + 15% in darkness or shadow)
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 15 and Original post: 1d100 = 100

Current Conditions
Shadow Skin: 60:00 min remaining, 18 MDC; Aura of Darkness: 20:00 min remaining; Whispered Voice (Communication) 60:00 min remaining;Ride the night wind: 10:00 min remaining;

Érebos wrote:"Ca-...err.. Shade - think you can pick up their chatter on the squawk box?" whispers the Shadow Mage to Az Rael.

hmm, good idea. Not sure it will pay off but worth a try while Vidan works on the lock. "Shroud, I will give it a shot. Not sure I will have time to decrypt or decode anything if it is scrambled. But yeah, still worth a quick peak of the spectrum." he replies into the shadows.

"Vidan, maybe it is as simple as the same key code you found at the airlock. I wouldn't imagine they would have a laundry list of passcodes for people to remember. Just a suggestion my friend, in case you have trouble access the panel." Az Real says out loud. He then take his left arm from his rifle and brings up his coms on the EBA suits mini computer. He starts a scan of any signals the suit might be receiving. A quick scan for anything he might find is the goal.

Hmm, Guards shouldn't be scrambled. They would expect privacy by the nature of the prison I would suspect. Let's see what is out there, he thinks to himself while working the coms in his suit.

Radio: Basic 67% vs 1d100 = 10 - Scan the open air passively for signals and or radio communication.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Bryke » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 am

Rolls Held

When asked to sound off,

'But Bryke IS my code name... I would never tell another my truename... well, they don't know that.'

Bryke sounds off in a hushed tone, as a perfect codename calls out to his mind from the ether, "Wraith."

A little pertubed, but noting his folly, Bryke whispers to Erebos, "Shroud, got it, I missed your explanation some how when I was watching our backs. Appreciate the reminder though, this is wonderful magic."

From here on out the little giant determines to max the distance between the team and self as they move. The Time Master takes everyone staying alive seriously, so before they get into any confrontations Bryke softly tests the limits of Erebos's spell.

"Shroud, what are the limits you said on this spell again?"

[ooc: I will just read it, no need for response, main thing I am having Bryke do is be as far as possible from the group distance wise, and will double check if line of sight matters. IC Bryke will whisper around a corner or something once and in the light. To see if anything blocks transmission.]

The Promethean keeps a watchful eye out and Phase-Beamer at the ready.
Natural Abilities

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:

Call Names/Nicknames:
Bryke, Wraith
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron