[GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

[GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

Postby Consumer » Fri May 31, 2019 9:17 am

Jail House Rock

Skills
Az Rael:
Electronic Countermeasures (Decode the outgoing message again.): Since the message is already decoded once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Cryptography (Decrypt the outgoing message.): Since the message is already decrypted once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Electronic Countermeasures (Decode the incoming message.): Since the message is already decoded once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Cryptography (Decrypt the incoming message.) Since the message is already decrypted once, the second time is fairly easy. No new Info.
Sensory Equipment (Activate passive sensors.): Seems to have worked.
Sensory Equipment (Deactivate active sensors): Seems to have worked.
Sensory Equipment (Double check work to make sure active and passive sensors are correct.) See,s to have worked.
Intelligence (Try to figure out what the heck I can be doing wrong with the encrypted messages): You can find nothing wrong.
Radio: Basic (Set the ship radio to scan frequencies.): You think it's working.
Alvidan:
Sensory Equipment: No new information.
Telemechanics: Everything seems fine.
Prowl: Thinks he's being sneaky.
Bryke:
Math: Basic: (For the arithmetic.): Bryke thinks he has it mathed out right.
Math: Advanced: (For calculating flight time in phase mode.): Seems pretty straight forward since the ship has a gauge for it.
Piloting: Space Fighter: An Accident has happened.
Piloting: Space Fighter: Flight to Station is uneventful.
Piloting: Space Fighter: Bryke is able to land on the station without killing everyone involved.
Érebos:
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert: Everything is as he last saw it, in fine condition.

The initial extraction of the No Target from The Wrong Ship, is complicated, and several bumps occur. Though no visible damage can be seen. The group spends the next twenty plus hours crammed into a tiny spaceship, hurtling though an asteroid field towards a planetoid sized rock that a large group of prisoners are incarcerated in. At the approximate twenty mile clear zone surrounding the station the ship is put into ghost mode, and makes for it's landing site. Bryke manages to put the No Target down on the rock without much difficulty, before shutting down the necessary systems to hide the ship.

The team disembarks from the No Target and are now in a zero-g environment. and slowly makes it's way towards the fissure.

Zero-G Environments: Unless one has a Zero-G movement skill, or a some manner of mobility device, the following penalties are in effect.
  • -10% to non-mental only skills.
  • Speed reduced by 50%
  • Combat bonuses reduced by 50%, plus an additional -3 to all rolls including melee damage. (This is not mitigated with a mobility device.)
  • Difficult physical maneuvers will require a P.P. check (d20 roll under PCs P.P. Attribute.)

Butcher Bill
All info is cumulative and will be kept up for the duration of the adventure.
Star Ghost: -1 phase charge.
Bryke: Chameleon Spell Active: 22:30 remaining, -6 P.P.E.
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Consumer
Game Master

Re: [GR] Janus Station: Prison Break

Postby Érebos » Fri May 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 91/53%
see perception modifiers here -->
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
+15% to recognize the arcane.
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (roughly >300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d20 = 12
JIC (100): 1d100 = 92

Before they disembark, the Shadow Mage says, "Roger that, Captain. Once we get inside, I can use Whispered Voice so we can communicate incognito and not break radio silence."

Turning to Alvidan, he says, "Ready?"

Given the Captain's plan, Érebos leave the spare suit of EBA in No Target, since it is relatively close to the airlock location.

We can come back for this before entering the airlock.

Once they disembark, Érebos, secure in his EBA, has his Liberator slung over his shoulder as he steadies himself in the zero-g environment.

A minor inconvenience.

The Umbral Sorcerer casts Fly As The Eagle on himself while touching Vidan (-25PPE). He then motions to Vidan to accompany him to the turret/gun emplacements.

Fly as the Eagle
Range: Self or two others by touch, or cast upon one up to 100 feet (30.5m) away.
Duration: 20 minutes per level of the spell caster.
Saving Throw: None.
P.P.E.: Twenty-Five
The power of flight is bestowed upon the spell caster or person(s) it is cast upon. It is especially effective outdoors, and in large, open areas. Maximum Speed : 50 mph (80 km). Bonuses: + 1 to parry, +2 to dodge and +2 to damage on a diving attack. Bonuses apply only when in flight.

Perhaps Alvidan can use his psychic tech powers to screw something up in the control systems... he thinks.
Érebos, AKA "Nicodemus Obelius", AKA "Shroud"
Current Status
S.D.C.: 91/91
Hit Points: 39/39
P.P.E.: 169/198

Current Conditions:
Weapons and Armor worn or carried
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

Saving Throws, Bonuses, and other handy information
  • Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Coma/Death: +20%
Magic (varies): +7, or +10 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells
Disease: +2
Lethal Poison (14+): +5
Non-Lethal Poison (16+): +5
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Psionics (varies): +5
Horror Factor (varies): +7
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 vs 49, +15% in darkness
JIC: 1d20 = 2 and 1d100 = 23

Starting near the cockpit of the No Target

The bumpy ride leaves Az Real a little uneasy and queasy. He is super relieved once they land and is hopeful they have gone unnoticed. Before the crew jumps into action he takes a moment to remind them all of the plan. "Before we enter we need to prep the docking tubes and the gun mounts on the surface. We don't want to have to deal with them later if things get hairy. Bryke, make sure to point out the direction of the fissure so we all know where to meet up after our preparations. Vidan and Nico will handle the gun mounts and surface armaments. Sabotage them the best way possible without being noticed. Use your best judgement. While you are out there, if you see any communication arrays, see if you can disconnect the transmission feed line from the antenna. Unless they are looking specifically for VSWR they will never notice. If they do they will most likely chaulk it up to debris damage. I'll take Bryke with me to set the charges on the docking tubes. When you are complete head to the fissure and the airlock. We will meet outside. Do not enter with out the whole group. My intent is to have Bryke or Vidan look inside before we enter to make sure it is clear. Does anyone have any questions?"

Once the group is done discussing the plan to move forward Az Real will move tot he cargo hold to retrieve the explosive devices and his gear and then head tot he airlock. He will make sure to remind Bryke, "Bryke, your with me. The gravity will be a little tricky but I plan to cast a spell to allow me to fly. I will tie this rope I have to me and you can use it to guide yourself and control your movement the best you can. If you are willing I can use your strength to cast my flight spell on you. I wouldn't want to do that without knowing you were willing. Bryke, you have my permission to read my surface thoughts during this mission. I expect you will respect my privacy and will not search deeper. This will allow for minimal communication while we are on the surface." Once he is sure Bryke and he are on the same page he will enter the airlock and cast Ride the night wind. If Bryke wants him to cast the spell on him as well, Az Real will put his hand on the Promethean's shoulder and draw the energy required and cast the spell on him as well. Well, here we go. Our first mission under way.

A little nervous and not fully sure how Brykes mass will affect his flying ability Az Real makes his way to the docking tubes slowly. He moves from one rock mass to the next staying low to the surface to allow Bryke to get used to the spell and to keep the pair from being noticed. Don't want to loose the big guy out here. I'm sure he will be fine, just need to stay together so this things can go as smooth as possible. Don't want to be seen out here either, that would just be bad. I wonder if Bryke can hear me? Az Real looks at the Promethean with a puzzled look.

Once he reaches the docking tubes he will select the best location to place the charges so it maximizes damage to the docking tube and tot he ship. This isn't going to take the ship out but a pressurization leak would be perfect. If they come out the other tubes it could further limit their use of these two ships. After setting he charges he arms them and checks the frequency for the trigger. He then gestures to Bryke they need to move to the fissure and airlock. "Can you hear me my friend, it is time we meet up with the others. Lead the way. He thinks to himself hoping Bryke can hear him.

Demolitions 76% vs 1d100 = 37 - JIC you need a roll for setting the charges and arming the controller, device 1
Demolitions 76% vs 1d100 = 72 - JIC you need a roll for setting the charges and arming the controller, device 2
Demolitions 76% vs 1d100 = 56 - Identify the best place to set the charge to maximize damage.
Intelligence 61% vs 1d100 = 71 - Identify the best place to set the charge to maximize damage. (not sure which was most appropriate)

Ride the Night Wind (12)
  • Range: Self only, or Self and one other by touch.
  • Duration: 45 min
  • Damage: N/A
  • Saving throw: None
  • PPE: 12
  • Notes: Allows user to levitate, hover or fly in the darkness
P.P.E.: 99 / 99
I.S.P.: 47 / 47
H.P.: 34 / 34
S.D.C.: 82 / 82

Perception Bonus: 49%
+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic
BA-26 EBA armor M.D.C: 90 / 90

Charm/Impress: 25%
Invoke Trust/Intimidate: 60%
Horror/Awe Factor: 12

Az Rael

Always On
  • Impervious to Shape-Changing/Metamorphosis (special)
  • Sense the Presence of Vampire and Vampire Intelligences (Special)
  • Sence Rifts and Ley Lines (special)

Combat Data
  • HTH Type: Commando lvl 5
  • Number of Attacks: 5 (+1 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • P.P.E.: Channel 9 P.P.E per attack
  • Initiative Bonus: +4
  • Strike Bonus: +6 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Parry Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Dodge Bonus: +7 (+2 attack when in shadow or darkness)
  • Entangle: +2
  • HTH Damage Bonus: +4
  • Bonus to Roll w/Punch: +3
  • Bonus to Pull a Punch: +5
  • Bonus to Disarm: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Body Flip: +1
  • Bonus to Automatic Dodge: +3

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Magic (varies): +2
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
  • Non-Lethal Poison (16+):
  • Insanity (12+): +8
  • Psionics (varies): +8
  • Mind Control via psionics or drugs: +1
  • Horror Factor (varies): +9
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 86 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 18
JIC: 1d20 = 3
JIC%: 1d100 = 78

Alvidan has is grav pack, but will not turn down a spell he is given freely.

He touches his helmet to that of Erebos, with the helmets in contact direct conduction of vibrations is possible, meaning they can hear each other without anyone else overhearing, as there is no signal involved to intercept. He says, "The trick here will be avoiding sensors, I need to try to locate the sensors first so I can turn them off. I would say there is a strong chance there are sensors near the weapons to detect attempts to sabotage the weapons. I need to try to locate those sensors and disable or fool them first."

He thinks, I need to consider learning Electrokinesis, so that I can sense the presence of the electronics sensors are likely to have.

How to locate the sensors, well first there is physical surveillance. (perception roll above)
Second there is Knowledge of how such sensors should work and where they should be placed. Sensory Equipment: 1d100 = 90 of 55%
And third there is logic based on how the people placing such devices would think. Intelligence: 1d100 = 25 of 60%
Alvidan
P.P.E.: 129/129
I.S.P.: 103/103
M.D.C.: 80/80

Armor: Psionic Crystal Armor (currently removed)
Visible Weapons: Phase Sword

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Impervious to Shape Shifting
HF/AF 12 if recognized as a True Atlantean
Sense Vampires within 1000'
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Names & Nicknames: Alvidan, Vidan, Sutnalel (as Sunaj)
Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 am

**Rolls Held**

Alvidan wrote:He touches his helmet to that of Erebos, with the helmets in contact direct conduction of vibrations is possible, meaning they can hear each other without anyone else overhearing, as there is no signal involved to intercept. He says, "The trick here will be avoiding sensors, I need to try to locate the sensors first so I can turn them off. I would say there is a strong chance there are sensors near the weapons to detect attempts to sabotage the weapons. I need to try to locate those sensors and disable or fool them first."

Assuming the helmet-contacting plan works, Érebos replies, "Agreed. I don't know if they will have external sensors or not, but it is best to play it safe. I can enhance our stealth to some degree, if need be. I really wish we had entered the airlock and interfaced with the computer systems first, so you could acquire a map of everything we need and check for those security systems before we approach. Regardless, let's follow the plan and hope it works."

It better, Az Rael... it better.

With that, the Shadow Mage casts Shadow Skin on himself while touching Alvidan, affecting them both.

"This should help our stealth," he says to Alvidan while touching helmets.

Shadow Skin
Range: Self or self and one other by touch.
Duration: Twenty minutes per level of experience or until destroyed. (Shadow Mage)
Saving Throw: Standard if resisted.
P.P.E.: Four (Shadow Mage)
This spell creates a skin-tight, soft, flexible black suit that feels like thin rubber. The primary purpose of the suit is stealth and concealment. Consequently, the Shadow Skin covers the wearer from head to toe, like a body suit with a pull-over mask that completely covers the head and face. If she is wearing clothing or other armor, they are covered in the inky darkness of the Shadow Skin as if it were an outer covering. The face, hands, and everything else are covered by the rubbery shadow suit which means the wearer leaves no fingerprints, palm prints, or footprints with any discernable features. The recipient of the spell can breathe and see through the Shadow Skin as if it were not there. Movement is unimpaired.
Shadow Skin only provides minimal protection: 6 M.D.C. per level of experience (S.D.C. and an AR of 12 on S.D.C. worlds).
Bonuses: The Shadow Skin adds a +10% bonus to Prowl or provides a base skill level of 33%, and a 10% bonus to the Chameleon spell if it is cast after the Shadow Skin is put into place. Shadow Skin also keeps the wearer cool and comfortable up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (65.5C), and prevents leaving behind any forensic evidence such as hair, fibers, DNA, finger or palm prints, etc.

He then waves at Az Rael and Bryke, and begins to fly toward the turrets at a slow speed of about 10mph, intentionally avoiding bright spots and sticking to the shadows where possible.

Here goes nothing...

Skill Rolls
Prowl (to approach stealthily) --> 1d100 = 18/67%
Intelligence (to figure out where sensors might be placed) 1d100 = 69/57%
Current Status

Current Conditions:
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12
  • Recognize Vampires by Appearance: 10% per level of experience. +10% bonus to recognize Secondary Vampires, +30% bonus to recognize Wild Vampires, -30% to recognize Master Vampires unless openly flaunting its power and demonic nature.
  • Friend of the Shadows: Denizens of the Shadow Realm see the Shadow Mage as one of their own, and will not attack him unless directly commanded to do so by a Shadow Wraith or Shadow Lord (or unless the Mage attacks them first).
  • Can sense the presence of ley lines up to 5 miles away, nexus point up to 10 miles, and sense an open/active Rift up to 20 miles away. Can tell when there is more than one ley line or nexus within their sensing range, but are unable to pinpoint the exact location. They know the general direction and whether it is closer or farther away, weak or powerful, and if a Rift is opened.

• Bonuses while in Shadow or Darkness: +2 to Perception Rolls; +1 to Strike, Parry and Dodge; +3 to save vs. Shadow Magic spells; impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension; and is never afraid of any kind of darkness (feels at home and safe in darkness). Heals injuries at 1d6 per hour of rest or meditation.
  • Penalties and Vulnerabilities: -2 Spell Strength when cast in areas of bright artificial light or sunlight (with no shadow to cast in), and all spell effects, range, damage, duration etc. of Shadow Magic are reduced by half. -2 to Perception Rolls and initiative, -5% on skill performance when in daylight, overcast (without shadows), or exposed to bright artificial light. Vulnerable to silver! Any kind of silver blade or bullet does double damage. Over time, some Shadow Mages (5% chance per level- not allergic @ level 1, roll again next level!) become allergic to sunlight and suffer from headaches and nausea when exposed to it for more than one hour (-15% to skill performance, reduce speed 20%, -1 melee attack and -1 on all combat bonuses).
  • Speed: Érebos runs at 700 meters per minute, 175 meters per melee round, 26mph! Can run at half that speed for up to 12 miles before fatigue, or 1/3 that at full speed before collapsing.
Saves
Insanity (12+): +7, and impervious to insanities involving darkness, shadows, or the denizens of the Shadow Dimension
Érebos

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 am

Jail House Rock

Skills
Az Rael:
Demolitions (Setting the charges and arming the controller, device 1): Seems to work fine, only time will tell.
Demolitions (Setting the charges and arming the controller, device 1): Seems to work fine, only time will tell.
Demolitions (Identify the best place to set the charge to maximize damage.): You think you got it.
Alvidan:
Perception: (How to locate the sensors, well first there is physical surveillance.): None Seen.
Sensory Equipment (Second there is Knowledge of how such sensors should work and where they should be placed.): None seen.
Intelligence (And third there is logic based on how the people placing such devices would think.) Alvidan considers where they logically should be, but still doesn't detect any.
Bryke:
None Listed.
Érebos:
Prowl (to approach stealthily): Pretty sure he's being stealthy.
Intelligence (to figure out where sensors might be placed): Not a clue.

Various spells are cast and the group moves off to perform it's mission. Az Rael and Bryke head the farthest northward to sabotage the docking tubes. While Érebos and Alvidan make their way to the approximate equator and begin looking over the defensive cannons.

At the cannons, Alvidan and Érebos look for sensors, but do not find any, either through lack of perception or the fact there may not be any, While Az Rael plants explosives where he thinks they'll do the most damage, his goal to make traversing the tube more difficult. Approximately twenty minutes pass while both groups work, but at the end of that time, only Az Rael and Bryke are done, while Érebos and Alvidan haven't actually sabotaged any of the guns.

What are your intentions?

Zero-G Environments: Unless one has a Zero-G movement skill, or a some manner of mobility device, the following penalties are in effect.
  • Speed reduced by 50%
  • Combat bonuses reduced by 50%, plus an additional -3 to all rolls including melee damage. (This is not mitigated with a mobility device.)
  • Difficult physical maneuvers will require a P.P. check (d20 roll under PCs P.P. Attribute.)

Butcher Bill
Bryke: Chameleon Spell Active: 2:30 remaining, Ride the Nightwind Active: 25:00 remaining, -6 P.P.E. (-23 P.P.E. if he took the spell from Az Rael)
Érebos: Fly as an Eagle Active: 20:00 remaining, Shadow Skin Active: 20:00 remaining, -29 P.P.E.
Az Rael:Ride the Nightwind Active: 25:00 remaining, -12 P.P.E.
Alvidan:Fly as an Eagle Active: 20:00 remaining, Shadow Skin Active: 20:00 remaining
"Death is the only true constant, for everything dies, but not everything truly lives."
GM of the Galactic Rogues (PW), The Templar, and AGM for Eurasia (Acting GM at the moment.)

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Bryke » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 am

Perception: 32% | 1d100 = 74
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 80

Before Az and Bryke are off and during:

Bryke nods toward Az Real, in an attempt to let him know that he accepts the spell and can use the Time Masters' ppe,

Az Real wrote: “...Bryke, you have my permission to read my surface thoughts during this mission. I expect you will respect my privacy and will not search deeper...”

When Az let's Bryke know that he allows it, the promethean briefly bows his head as a sign of acceptance. It could be hard to notice since the promethean is still wearing a magicked chameleons' skin, but still Bryke invokes: Telepathy:[4 isp, 10 min]

Attempting to convey humility, but also going straight to it.

'Az Real. It is Bryke. Know that this one would never take what is not mine from a comrade. It has never been nor can it ever be this ones' way. I hear you now at all times if you think it- well, I hear you when you wish it, on your terms and for a limited time. Thank you for the spell. Just in case though, so that you know it is me and not another in the near future or further, I ask that you please come up with a password or phrase that I will use from now on. In that way you will know it is me, if it is not then fight with all your will to block out your mind. Again thank you for sharing this magic with me... even out here it reminds me of what it was like to learn new spells for the first time. One more thing, can you tell me what I need to know about this spell.'

'I hope you can understand my reason and concern for this and not think it is this one simply overstepping. You are our current head, and "a strong indirect way to affect the body is to first "touch" the head."' -Grazzer, one who taught Bryke ways of brawling.

OOC: Bryke is trying to teach/show Az Real how to close his mind aka mind block. I do not know if this is possible but if it is can this be considered here as the beginning of that. IMO the groups leader especially should be able to guard against mental intrusion- but this is sentiment so I am asking. If it is not possible then let this just be seen as an attempt. Not trying to over step any rules.

----------------------------------------

On their return Bryke keeps a keen eye out for the others and ReCasts: Telepathy:[4 isp, 10 min] twice when it runs out. If Bryke sees anything amiss with them the promethean will convey it to Az. If Bryke does not see anything on the way back then Bryke will keep watch at the air lock in a position where the greatest amount of 360 degrees can be seen. and ReCast Chameleon [6 ppe, 22.5 minutes, self or another by touch,] when it runs out.

Contingencies:
IFF Bryke sees the other two and IFF they are in danger that they appear to not be able to handle alone, then Bryke will convey the message to Az Real, Indicate direction and distance also via Telepathy and then try to phase to their position and intervene:

Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 71% | 1d100 = 21 SUCCESS
Natural Abilities

***Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.***
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
***Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.***
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/213
ISP: 125/125
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Alvidan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 73 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 3
JIC: 1d20 = 20
JIC%: 1d100 = 53

Alvidan thinks to himself, I do not see any sensors, either whoever set these weapons up was more trusting than I would have been, or I am being blind and overlooking them.

He touches helmets again and says, "I do not see anything, but to be cautious I will approach along and you stay back in case I get blasted by something I overlooked."

He will sneak forward cautiously, using the flight spell to approach without touching anything and doing his best to remain hidden.

Prowl: 1d100 = 36 of 50% (temporary boost to 60%)

Once he reaches the first weapon tube, he will reach out and lightly touch it to see what his telemechanics can tell him. He thinks as he does so, There must be a relatively simple way to disable these weapons without it setting off any kind of system alert until they are actually used. I just hope they have not set any kind of traps I have missed or this could hurt.

Telemechanics 1d100 = 4 of 87%
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics
Sense Ley Lines within 5 miles, Nexus points within 10 miles, and open rifts within 20 miles

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:21 am

Perception: 1d100 = 27 vs 49% (+15% in darkness or shadow, 64%)
JIC:1d20 = 17 and 1d100 = 27

Feeling good about the placement of the explosives Az Real and Bryke toward the airlock. Along the way Az Real wonders, I hope Nico and Vidan are having good luck on their portion. When we get back we need to look at the air lock and see if anything changed. Hoping the Promethean can hear his thoughts still he projects and focuses as much as he can, If you can hear me friend, you mentioned a safe word. A pass word to know it is you. We shall use the word "truest". You should always reference that you are the truest. This will allow me to know it is you.

Once they get to the airlock Az Real looks for any signs of hidden access pads or key pads. He looks for anything obvious as well. We need to see what is inside, he says to himself outloud. Then he concentrates his thougts, Bryke, can you phase through the door and verify what is on the other side? We need to know if it is currently clear in there to enter. Once Nico and Vidan get back we will be entering and we do not want any surprises. I really hope you can hear me. Az Real looks at Bryke and points to his head, he points to Bryke and gives him a thumbs up. Then nods his head inquisitively to see if the Promethean can confirm he is indeed still hearing him. If you can, please phase through the door and let me know if they coast is clear.

This type of communication is new for me. I am not used to this. I typically do not open myself for this type of contact.

"What is taking the other team so long? I wonder if they hit a bit of trouble." Az Real smiles, "Talking to yourself buddy, you losing it now?

+15% in darkness or while in a shadow, +5% dealing with Vampires/Undead, +5% Ambush, backstabbing or shadow magic

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 am

Perception: 1d100 = 71/53%
+10% in darkness or shadow, and +5% when pertaining to hiding, escape, Shadow Magic, Shadow beings, vampires and the undead (recognizing clues to their presence, servants, victims, etc.).
-10% to perception rolls while directly in bright artificial light (roughly >300 watts) or sunlight.
Perception has a base skill rating of 15%, adding 3% per level each additional level of experience beyond first level. Purchased +25% with EP
Perception does not replace the Detect Concealment or Detect Ambush skills, nor does it replace Read Sensory Equipment or Optics Systems for use with technological sensors to perceive.
Like Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, and other skills, Perception is an opposed skill check.
As with all % skill checks, a natural roll of 96-00 is a critical fail and a natural roll of 01-05 is a critical success.

JIC (20): 1d20 = 4
JIC (100): 1d100 = 71

Conditions: Shadow Skin, Fly as the Eagle: 40:00 remaining each

Alvidan wrote:He touches helmets again and says, "I do not see anything, but to be cautious I will approach along and you stay back in case I get blasted by something I overlooked."

The Shadow Mage replies, "Affirmative. I will pull lookout duty while you try to make contact with the turret control systems. Maybe there is a control or service panel somewhere around here in case they need to make external repairs?"

I hope there's something, or we will have to go back and disable them from the inside. Come to think of it, that may be a better idea anyhow - sabotage the targeting computer or firing controls or something.

Érebos splits his attention as he looks around warily for anything out of the ordinary as he slowly examines the turret systems for control panels of some sort on the exterior, or something that could be construed as a control or service box of some sort.
Current Status

Current Conditions:
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Bryke » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:01 pm

ROLLS HELD

'Truest? Interesting, from now on then that is my knock at the door so to speak. I will always lead with that when I am speaking with you. If I do not lead with that from here on out then you know it is not me. EVEN if after the fact the word is spoken, it is not me. If that ever happens, think of something that irritates you a sound or a phrase and keep on repeating that in your head. Please keep this in mind.'

Bryke responds to Az Real, 'Truest. I will take a look around and let you know what I find.'

The Time Master activates Phase Shift: Ghost [Self, 50 isp, one minute per level (6min)] and heads through the air lock to see again what is on the other side of the door.
Natural Abilities

***Doesn't breathe air and are immune to radiation and normal heat, fire, cold, gases and disease. Can see in total darkness and have eagle-like normal vision.***
Phased bodies: Prometheans are in a permanent state of “phase.” Damage from any M.D. source becomes S.D.C. and any damage from an S.D.C. source is halved.
Phased Teleportation: Prometheans can “step out of phase” and travel at incredible speeds in an intangible state. Concentration takes one melee round and is the only action that can be performed during that round. Range: One mile per level of experience. Chance of Success: 50% +4%/lvl| 71%
***Sense Dimensional Anomalies: Can automatically detect rifts, dimensional envelopes and pockets, fourth-dimensional and Two-dimensional beings, astral travelers and the invisible energy essence of alien-intelligence's and entities. Range: One mile (1.6) or line of sight, whichever is less.***
Ley Line Phasing: Equal to the ley line walker ability.

PPE: 236/213
ISP: 125/125
SDC:634/634 (All damage from MD sources converted to SDC)
HP:155/155

CAPTURED PPE: 0/0

BRYKE
SPELLBOOK

I am telecommunicating
I am speaking Trade 4
I am thinking

CURRENT CONDITIONS:
Bryke
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron

Postby Az Rael » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:58 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 27 vs 49% (+15% in darkness or shadow, 64%)
JIC:Original post: 1d20 = 17 and Original post: 1d100 = 27

Bryke wrote:'Truest? Interesting, from now on then that is my knock at the door so to speak. I will always lead with that when I am speaking with you. If I do not lead with that from here on out then you know it is not me. EVEN if after the fact the word is spoken, it is not me. If that ever happens, think of something that irritates you a sound or a phrase and keep on repeating that in your head. Please keep this in mind.'

Bryke responds to Az Real, 'Truest. I will take a look around and let you know what I find.'

Az Real hears the Promethean in his head, This is not normal for me, I would prefer speech but it does at least allow us to communicate. There must be other ways though. Somehow so we can talk to the other group as well. Not knowing what is going on over there doesn't leave me feeling easy. Not wanting to waste time later, Az Real starts looking for any access panels or points that Vidan can hack in from. At least I can direct him straight to it when he gets here, he thinks to himself while looking.

When the Promethean phases and passes through the door Az Real is awe struck, "Now that could come in handy. Could have used that skill a time or two before." Searching for the panel his mind slips off into thought, Hopefully Bryke comes back with good news, we could use some right about now.

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Consumer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Jail House Rock
Date and Time wrote:Time since arrival in system: 60 hours.
Time since landing on station: 22 minutes. 2 Minutes have passed since last GM Post.

Skills
Az Rael:
None Used.
Alvidan:
Prowl: Alvidan thinks he's well hidden.
Bryke:
None used, teaching Mind Block is likely possible if Az Rael was psychic at all, which I don't think he is.
Érebos:
None Used.

A lot of conversation goes down while Alvidan looks at the first weapon emplacement. This isn't a small anti-personnel weapon this is a anti-ship defensive weapon. A brief scan of the canon, with Telemechanics tells him there is no easy way of shutting them down, especially "Silently". To do that he would have to be in their mainframe to block off alarms. He can tell at the moment though that they aren't currently primed to fire on any targets.

Bryke's trip into a phased state makes him vanish from everyone's eyes. Slowly Bryke makes his way through the Airlock's outer door, which reveals a very spartan airlock with a few lockers that likely contain emergency environmental suits. Bryke presses on and makes his way through the inner airlock door and finds hims self in a very dimly lit area that is more of a corridor made up of void space created by the machinery that surrounds it. Bryke's general knowledge of starships makes him think that this is all for environmental controls and resource management, basically he's in the bowels of the stations engineering section. A short amount of time passes as Bryke looks about, but in the end, other than what seems a labyrinthine series of tight corridors and machinery, he sees no living souls.

What are your intentions?

• Speed reduced by 50%

Butcher Bill
Bryke: -33 P.P.E., -50 I.S.P.
Érebos: -29 P.P.E.
Az Rael:-12 P.P.E.
Alvidan:

Medals
Consumer
Game Master

Postby Alvidan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:07 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 54 of 26%
Initiative: 1d20+2 = 22
JIC: 1d20 = 10
JIC%: 1d100 = 45

Alvidan considers what he learned with his telemechanics, All right, so there is no easy way to disable them from here without sending up flags to the system. I wonder though, could some kind of explosives be set up to go off, say in the traversing mechanism should they move the weapon to try to fire? I need a demolitions expert, that is not my forte.

He moves back to join his partner.
Prowl 1d100 = 69 of 60% (temporarily boosted)

When he gets there he touches helmets again and says, "I can not do it from here without being noticed. I was wondering about explosives, but am not a demolitions expert. Do you know anything about the subject?"

He might be able to figure out where the guns are most easily damages and whether something can be put there without being noticed, but probably could not do it himself.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Érebos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 81/59%

JIC (20): 1d20 = 15
JIC (100): 1d100 = 82

Conditions: Shadow Skin, Fly as the Eagle: 38:00 remaining each

Skill Roll
Prowl (remain undetected) --> 1d100 = 39/77%

Alvidan wrote:He moves back to join his partner. When he gets there he touches helmets again and says, "I can not do it from here without being noticed. I was wondering about explosives, but am not a demolitions expert. Do you know anything about the subject?"

The Sunaj ponders for a moment.

Hmm... if he can't 'get in' from out here, it stands to reason that our best bet is to go in through the airlock and try to access a central control system of some sort where we can gain access to the entire facility and see what we're dealing with. I wish we had some decent intel before we came here... this feels sloppy...

Carried adrift by his thoughts for a few seconds, Érebos realizes Alvidan had asked him a question that he has yet to answer.

Touching helmets yet again, he says, "I know some things about ordnance, armor, and weaponry - mostly small arms, as I took inventory of the Galactic Rogues' armory and have been maintaining my own weapons, but I cannot say I am a demolitions expert. The Captain is probably a better resource for that - he was trained by the best Sunaj demolitions instructor out there, and is pretty competent in that arena. Let's head back to the airlock if we don't have a reliable and incognito way to disable the batteries from out here. The Captain can decide if it's a wise use of resources to attempt demolitions from the outside, or - the better option, in my opinion - to enter the airlock and try to find a central system of some sort so we can assert control and see what we're looking at with this facility. Shall we?"

With that, the Umbral Sorcerer waves Alvidan to follow, and begins the slow flight back, staying out of the light where possible on their way back toward the ship and arriving at the airlock as a sneaky pair of twin shadows.

When they arrive, the Shadow Mage will approach Az Rael, touching helmets and saying, "No go, battery is smooth, Vidan can't crack it from out here without triggering alarms. He asked about demolitions and I said let's come here and if you want to do it, you're the demo expert to ask. Certainly, neither of us is..."

"Promethean inside already?"
Current Status

Current Conditions:
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Alvidan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:59 pm

(Rolls carried over)
Alvidan sighs, thinking, Just my luck it was the other one who is the demolitions expert when I want one.

Touching Helmets again, he says, "All right, we rejoin the others and discuss it with them."

He follows, carefully trying to stay in the shadows and avoid notice as the make their way to the airlock to join the others.
Stealth 1d100 = 54 of 60% (temporary bonus included)

So far, he is not proving his value as a Techno-wizard to the party...

When they join the other Atlantean, they bring their helmets together for a pow-wow, but Alvidan lets the others speak first.
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Postby Az Rael » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:47 am

Perception: 1d100 = 35
JIC: 1d20 = 20 and 1d100 = 82

Who the, oh, Az thinks as the other pair walk up to the airlock. A sense of relief washes over him, Well at least I didn't lose them, I don't think I could handle that again. When Nico touches his helmet to Az Real's and talks he wonders, What the heck? This is definitely not normal. "Who do we owe the thanks for being able to actually talk?, he asks flippantly. How we must look here the trio leaned in together with helmets touching. A grin slowly grows on Az Reals face.

"I am glad to see you both. It is a little disheartening to hear the batteries are still active but it isn't a deal breaker. We can figure out another way once we get inside. Bryke went into the airlock to see if we are clear on the other side. I didn't want us to get caught with our pants down. Again, for some." Az Real flashes his eyes toward Vidn and chuckles, He may never live that down. "Anyways, now that you guys are here lets start working on our entrance. I would like to be ready to go in as soon as Bryke comes out and lets us know what is on the other side. Vidan, please see if you can interface with the airlock. Don't open it yet, just do what you have to so we are prepared.

Time to enter the unknown, We will need to make our way to a control console quickly once we are in. Need to see where the heck the mark is. Before the separate helmets, "Vidan, two things. Once we are in, keep an eye out for control or guard stations. We will need to know the layout and where to go. I don't want to waste any time gathering this info. second, while you are connected see what you can do about those weapons outside. Don't focus on that, just give it a glance. If the opportunity to disarm them is there do it. If not move on." Az Real turns his eyes toward Nico, "My friend, what are your thoughts once we are inside? Do we go straight for the mark first, or do we create some confusion as cover. To be honest I see merit in both ways but I am torn and would appreciate your input."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Érebos » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Az Rael wrote:"Who do we owe the thanks for being able to actually talk?, he asks flippantly.

Érebos nods his head toward Alvidan. "It was our brother here who had the bright idea." Then, realizing that Bryke could be listening in on anyone's thoughts, he quickly follows up with, "Our brother in arms, Vidan," - and promptly winks at the two Sunaj.

I don’t even know why I did that...not like they can see me wink with our Shadow Skin on... thinks the Aerihman.

Az Rael wrote:"I am glad to see you both. It is a little disheartening to hear the batteries are still active but it isn't a deal breaker. We can figure out another way once we get inside. Bryke went into the airlock to see if we are clear on the other side. I didn't want us to get caught with our pants down. Again, for some." Az Real flashes his eyes toward Vidn and chuckles, He may never live that down. "Anyways, now that you guys are here lets start working on our entrance. I would like to be ready to go in as soon as Bryke comes out and lets us know what is on the other side. Vidan, please see if you can interface with the airlock. Don't open it yet, just do what you have to so we are prepared.

Before they separate helmets, "Vidan, two things. Once we are in, keep an eye out for control or guard stations. We will need to know the layout and where to go. I don't want to waste any time gathering this info. second, while you are connected see what you can do about those weapons outside. Don't focus on that, just give it a glance. If the opportunity to disarm them is there do it. If not move on." Az Real turns his eyes toward Nico, "My friend, what are your thoughts once we are inside? Do we go straight for the mark first, or do we create some confusion as cover. To be honest I see merit in both ways but I am torn and would appreciate your input."

"Hmm..." thinks the Shadow Mage out loud. After a moment, he replies, "I think that, unless we are really concerned about No Target being detected, we should take our time. There's no value in hurrying unless we're under pressure to escape - and as of right now, as far as any of us can tell, we've still got the element of surprise. Rushing things tends to lead to mistakes, and mistakes - in this environment - get people killed, or worse, caught."

He then looks intensely at the other Sunaj pair: "And you know what getting caught could entail, if worse comes to worse, my friends..." he says to them both in a grave tone.

"Back to your question, Captain - I say it is too early to tell at this point. We don't even know what the inside of this facility is like yet. Once Vidan has access to a primary console, he should be able to get maps and other pertinent data - where prisoners are housed, where guards are, schedules for shift changes, the armory location - presuming there is one - security measures, alarms, controls for the batteries and comms... really, everything we need. Or, at the very least, much of what we need. It is my professional opinion that we should see what our Psi-Tech friend here can access, and then sort it out and make our next move from there. Until then, it is too early to say... " says the Umbral Sorcerer.

"Once we get inside, I will cast a series of spells that will help us maintain stealth and communicate effectively. At that point, I suggest we figure out a route and carefully, and methodically, advance until we encounter either some form of security measure, or a console. I'm willing to bet we'll see the former before the latter, so we should keep our eyes peeled. I picked up a few tricks during our journey here when I had extra time to study, so I have a few new tricks up my sleeve," he says.

I just hope they're enough...
Current Status

Current Conditions:
Always On
  • Horror Factor of 12

Saves
Érebos

Postby Az Rael » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 am

Az Rael wrote:Perception: Original post: 1d100 = 35
JIC: Original post: 1d20 = 20 and Original post: 1d100 = 82

Az Real listens to Erebos, Sound advise, slow and methodical is best of course. We need to all make it out. Alive. I wont be the reason again. He looks to the shadow mage and says, "Your input is welcomed and as always sound advice. The most important thing right now is knowing what is behind that door. All our continued plans will be of course based on that. I don't want to get caught off guard in there. We will be outnumbered."

Az Real thinks for a minute, I wonder how far the Promethean's telepathy works? Can he hear me now? Bryke, if you can here me, the others are here. We are ready to go in. We only need to know what if anything is on the other side of that door." Realizing he may be lost in an awkward moment of silence while trying to reach out to Bryke he says to the pair, "Everyone needs to keep their wits about them once we enter. There is no telling what we will find. A prison this far out, no transports, minimal communication. I expect he guards will be a bit on edge, maybe more so than the prisoners."

Thinking such thoughts reminds him that it is important to keep an eye out. He quickly turns, and scans their surroundings looking for anything that might be dangerous. He then turns back, "I am not ashamed to say I don't especially like the silence of space. Even the shadows offer sound from time to time." He pauses and sighs, In the silence you are left alone with your own thoughts. Trapped inside your own mind. No distractions from the inner demons tearing at your mind. Alone with your past. He take a deep breath and exhales slowly, "Let's make sure we do this this right."

Az Rael

Always On

Combat Data

Saving Throw Bonuses
  • Coma/Death:
  • Lethal Poison (14+):
Az Rael
Group Leader

Postby Alvidan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:28 pm

(Rolls Held over)
Alvidan says, maintaining contact with the others, "Odds are, if we can find a central computer that controls the weapons, something can be done from there. They might, however, be controlled individually or at least on a different computer from the internal defenses. I would actually assume they are...having all your defenses on one computer is just asking to have that hacked."

Alvidan thinks, Too much to hope they are stupid enough to put all their eggs in one basket.

He wonders what is taking the Promethean so long to return. Then again, they are a very long lived species, they probably have a lot of patience and can probably take their time and do things right.

He will survey the area, looking for the interface, when the Promethean returns, assuming there is not someone just inside guarding this airlock, then he w can quickly move to the interface and use his telemechanics on it.

Telemechanics: 1d100 = 78 of 87%
Alvidan

Constant Abilities:
Telemechanics

Other Specials:
Sixth Sense
Telemechanics

Alvidan

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies