[GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

The Anvil, Corkscrew, and Thundercloud galaxies.

Moderators: Game Masters, AGMs

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:46 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 34

JIC: 1d20 = 15
1d100 = 3

Sorrenson wrote:"Betrothed? That's like engaged or something yeah? Damn, must suck to be away from them."


Kaedras looks to the covered window, as if he could see through it to the stars beyond.

"Her name is Seldanna. Our families were bound at her birth - she is but little younger than I. We have met each other but a few times." He removes the picture of her from his pack and holds it out to Sorrenson.

"With maturity she has become a great beauty, and her wit and wisdom stand in equal measure. Our houses would both benefit from our union. However... she disapproves... of my choice to diverge from my family's path. She will not marry me until I... 'return to my senses'."

He looks over at his mechanical wolf. "She gave me Aldón to keep me safe... and to guide me home."

With that, Kaedras returns the picture of his betrothed to it's place in his pack, and readies himself for rest.

Kaedras sleeps easily, soundly, and silently, as Aldón keeps a watch through the night. When his turn to stand watch comes, he is alert and vigilant.

When morning arrives he allows himself some time for reflection. That there is a deevil warning us about our erstwhile ally is an irony not lost on me. What side have we found ourselves on - and if true, with what forces does this priestess meddle that they would rise the ire of hell itself? He glances at his new companions. They take their watches like soldiers trained. In their eyes I can count the losses they have witnessed etched in streaks of pain. These are no hapless fools. There is an element of fate to them, perhaps - but such is beyond my place to speculate. I can only state that I feel more assured beside them. Confident that the Tarlok will be made to suffer for their actions here.

As Kaboom pries open the box of rations, Kaedras takes a pack, heedless of its contents. He pulls the tab to heat the food, and sits cross-legged on his bunk, pulling his hair back into a topknot. When the ration pack is heated through, he tears it open and begins to eat.

As Juan asks the minotaur about how the food compares to Warlock Marine rations, he thinks to himself, I do not know how well the Warlock Marines eat... but this repast is only slightly better than the food aboard the slave ship I found myself working on. And no better at all than what they served at the rebel base. still, compared with no food at all, this is a feast.

As Sorrenson works with the drones, Kaedras makes sure he is added to the team's comms channels, so that he can share intel with them.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:35 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 29 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 15| 1d100 = 65%
-----------------------------------
Juan's invitation for Metri to join him on the evening's first watch is met with a curt nod of approval from the diminuitive Yhabbayar. As anticipated, during his watch, Metri sits quietly in a relaxed contemplative state. Given that Kaboom never grants them any privacy throughout the evening, Metri is unaware of Juan's desire to share additional information about their current situation. After his shift is up, Metri simply closes his eyes, falling into a deep recuperative meditation instead of the standard reclined position of sleep.

Come morning, the distribution of rations is met with a small thanks of gratitude. Digging slightly through the packages, Metri is disappointed in the selection. Not finding anything new, he grabs the one with the over-sized mushroom picture representing its contents. Time with the resistance working the infirmary had taught him the value of that particular MRE when it came to the steadiness of his energy level throughout the day. And so despite the off-putting smell and taste, the Yhabbayar chooses function over aesthetics.

A warm smile breaks across Metri's face at Sorrenson's reaction to Juan's table manners. It's true. One would have imagined proper etiquette was part of his hospitality knowledge. And that part of proper etiquette is not to taint the communal drinking vessel. Formal table manners is NOT the only type of etiquette! Skorl interjects in Metri's mind. In my culture, drinking from the same vessel was a sign of trust. That there was an absence of poison and that sharing without bounds was critical to the formation of brotherhood... especially before battle. Seemingly nodding to himself, Metri concedes, An apt point.

Sorrenson wrote:“Oi! Juan! Don’t drink straight from the jug. It’s not cool to share whatever space-mouth-clap you’re carrying! Don’t they teach you manners at little god school?” He says, spitting out a bunch of food as he does so. Which renders his point about being gross somewhat mute.

"Unless sharing of mouth-clap, a common bond makes, hmm." Metri volunteers nonchalantly and quite unhelpfully.

When the discussion gets serious again and the mission direction up for debate, Metri will inquire about the most recent missing bio-freaks and whether Kaboom has any photos of the missing individuals or any personal items they may have left behind.

If provided with such a photo/personal item, Metri will try to focus his psionic seeking ((Psionic Seeking. -3 ISP. 8 mile radius. 1d100 = 62 | 80%. Even on failed roll, can sense if target/object is within range)) and gauge if they are within an 8 mile radius and if so, if he can locate them. Should the Yhabbayar be confident in his locating ability, he will communicate such and offer to head out to find the missing person before his seeking fades.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:33 am

<rolls carry>

Juan looks at his meal package, beside the food is a spork, tissue thin napkin, and a small packet of watery hot sauce. No cups. Guess it's a communal drink, then. He picks up the jug and takes a heavy glug to wash back his food.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Oi! Juan! Don’t drink straight from the jug. It’s not cool to share whatever space-mouth-clap you’re carrying! Don’t they teach you manners at little god school?"

Urqos Metri wrote:"Unless sharing of mouth-clap, a common bond makes, hmm."

"I've been space-mouth-clap free since the age of fourteen ninety-three,"* Juan quips back. "Urqos Kaboom, can you fetch us some mugs for water?

Assuming Kaboom will not provide service with a smile, Juan will shrug, pick up the jug and take a second swig. "Besides, you should be honored to share a jug with me. There are people out there that would pay good money for a God's backwash."**

While talking with the rest of the team, Juan notices that he has received a message from Sorrenson. He reads the techno-wizard's account of meeting the deevil on his arm band. With an arched eyebrow he looks at Sorrenson, then Metri, and finally Kaedras. He says to Kaedras, "Let me put you on the team's channel. Urqos Sorrenson has a ribald sense of humor, and likes to send us dirty jokes. Perhaps you can match his wit."

Juan then reaches over and picks up the Star Elf's radio and sets it to the right frequencies. He also forwards Sorrenson's report to Kaedras under the title 'DIRTY JOKE'*** hoping that Kaedras will respond by sending out a message with his own assessment of the encounter.

Looking over at Kaboom, Juan shouts, "Urqos Kaboom, I'm assuming you do not need to read how this Urqos differentiates between ratanoid genitalia and a millipede." Jonny, did you actually remember Urqos Sorrenson's species or was that a lucky guess? His sister's voice was met by silence from Juan's mind. He then looks back at the report, concerned but vindicated. Of course the priestess was corrupt, but this new information only deepened the mystery.

*Per Rate-A-Deity:
3gMalort wrote:3 out of 10
I had worked for 3 years on various transport vessels with Juan Echo when he invited me to return to his home planet. He said his sister, Joan, was hosting a month long festival to celebrate the centennial of her personal distillery. It sounded legit.
It was some of the hardest tasting liquor I ever drank. Unfortunately, I couldn't really enjoy the party because I came down with a terrible case of space-mouth-clap. I don't know whether it was Juan or Joan that gave it to me, but I had a burning pain every time I vomitted. And that's pretty much all you do when you're drinking at a Yaya distillery!
** There is a lucrative (and ludicrous) black market for the various bodily fluids of deities. Some claim that a God's sweat can restore energy, relieve migraine pain, calm upset stomachs, and cure cancer. For the low price of 10 BTC you can purchase 20 oz. of God sweat and use it to remove cataracts, shrink cysts, and destroy kidney stones. Just email your blockchain to notascamATlibertybibleacademy.so^
*** Juan assumes that Sorrenson didn't send the report to Kaedras, in part because they both saw the same thing.
^ God sweat should not be used to treat any medical condition. The FDA cannot verify that it has any curative effects, or for that matter that it will not be harmful if ingested or applied to skin. Also, I don't know how bitcoin works.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 am

(rolls carried over)

Juan wrote:"Let me put you on the team's channel. Urqos Sorrenson has a ribald sense of humor, and likes to send us dirty jokes. Perhaps you can match his wit."


Kaedras offers his radio to Juan, and accepts it back with the new frequency. At the mention of his wit, Kaedras only cocks an eyebrow.

"I thank you."

Message from Juan wrote:'DIRTY JOKE'


Kaedras reads the report from Sorrenson's point of view, and types back, adding that the deevil had contacted him mentally before the encounter, and includes the content of that message.

He then adds "These events as Master Sorrenson has laid them out are accurate from my perspective, though I cannot speak to the deevil's truthfulness. Before we act on any such accusations I propose heavily verifying them," and sends the reply.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 37

Speaking with Oradro, he confirms the Seljuk's findings. "That is exactly who we fought. The Oni, I have yet to experience but if that's what the man in black was, then I hope I never do again. Thank you for your advice, Sir Oradro."

Dime Store Magic wrote:He spits when StarChief asks about their brethren. "I don't know who is snatching them. It could be just a Tarlok trick to pull some of us Skaypers out in the open to do some heroic crap that is going to expose us. We've lost a lot of good people that way while you've been...gone." He rubs his bald head and sighs, "Maybe it's these guys you are tracking, but for what? Some bio-freaks are truly fearsome, but most just need our compassion. They drew the short straw."

"Hmm. I've heard that these Invincible Guardsmen that we're after gain their powers through scientific means, not unlike myself. Maybe the Bios are being snatched for that reason."

Dime Store Magic wrote:Kaboom takes one and tosses it to StarChief, "We still have a few of these left. I can't believe you like the taste of that gamey bird." The picure of Frisetian Condor Stew, along with a really ugly bird is on the label.

With alarming deftness, Starchief catches the MRE out of the air with one hand and almost instantly pulls the heating tab with his other. "Nothing has ever tasted better, Kaboom. Ever." As soon as it's done heating up, he scoops a sizable portion of the stew up with the supplied bread and shoves it directly into his mouth as if he'd forgotten all manners. Mmmmm! It is good to be home! He resists the urge to grab a second helping, knowing that the freedom fighters here are doing without more often than not.

Starchief reads through Sorrenson's packet carefully and works on keeping his face neutral while he does so. After reading that, he outlines the basic plan for the Adventurers. "Adventurers, we are heading to a neighborhood known as Eastwarren in the city we are currently in, Rylor. I have the address for a safehouse for the largest criminal organization on planet. The Tarlok seized some of their weapons and those weapons didn't come from here or anywhere that the Tarlok knew about. I'm thinking our Invincible Guardmen may have something to do with that. The second objective in that neighborhood is figuring out the recent spike in disappearances in the breed of Seeronians labeled Bio-Freaks. These are brothers and sisters who reacted differently to the chemicals that the Tarlok attempted to poison us with, leaving them physically mutated beyond what most would consider normal. It is already hard enough for Seeronians to survive during this occupation, but to be a Bio invites the worst of the discrimination and violence. Many of them are homeless, having been denied work and housing. Nevertheless, they are my brethren and if they are being taken from the streets, I would have words with whoever is involved."

Starchief thinks on the strategic values of heading out during the day vs night and develops an opinion based on that. He'll posit his idea to the team and ask for their opinions. (Intelligence 1d100 = 43/87% )

If the team is ready to head out during the day, Starchief tells Kaboom the address Waldo gave him and says "Lead the way, Tunnelman."

If the team decides to wait until night to head out, Starchief says "Take the day to get yourself organized and ready for mission time. We head out at sunfall."
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 38 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 20 1d100 = 9

Conditions:

As she rests, she recovers all her PPE and ISP. She is still just wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Mara just smiles at the banter between Sorrenson and Juan. She almost spits up her adequate MRE when Metri says sharing mouth-clap is some type of bonding ritual. She chuckles, "The only place where sharing mouth-clap is a bonding ritual is on Paradise-II." She shakes her head at Juan and his backwash comment, Little wannabe deities are the same everywhere. Way overthinking their status.

She listens to the strategy session, Sounds like a plan, "I would suggest going at night, Snatchers are more likely to be out then. I've crossed swords with Invincible Guardsmen in the past they are usually worthy foes, but extremely arrogant. Other than dragons,powerful devils and demons, of maybe fallen knights they can be some of the toughest foes in the galaxies." Just like that Fallen Knight Erragos that my team destroyed while still in the Navy. He was raising a damn army. She shakes her head and focuses back on the plan at hand. "By the way, I have a nice set of armor than will let me sneak past almost any tech sensors. If it is necessary."

As to the comms from Sorrenson, she just looks at Sorrenson and plainly her face reads, Seriously! She then looks at Starburst . . .
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 59
JIC: 1d100 = 44 1d20 = 11

Oradro would listen to Starchief's explanation of the Bio-Freaks. He would however, stay silent, not really having any additional questions at this point in time. The huge Seljuk knew little of the things of this particular world. The issue of the criminal faction though seemed reasonable enough for him to get involved with. Doubly so since it appeared to involve the Invincible Guardsman. As common opponents to Cosmo Knights, and indeed their very creation being to counter knights like himself, he certainly had more than enough reason to be involved. Besides, The Forge had sent him here for a reason and if he could do some additional good on the way, all the better! "Well, I am ready to depart when the rest of you are, though, I need little in the way of food or rest." he'd point out. "So I shall go at the pace required of the rest of you." Though, I suppose at some point I may have to consider summoning a proper weapon... I haven't needed it so far but, I wasn't fighting guardsmen or the like either...
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dime Store Magic » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:27 am

It will be around 11am by the end of the post.

With the breakfast repast finished the team begins discussing their plans on what to do next. The sounds of the city had already begun to come to life when they were eating breakfast, and now the cacophony of trucks, people, and flying vehicles make their way into the sub-basement.

Even before the invasion of the Tarlok, Seeron was a cosmopolitan place with the three native races of Seeron along with the numerous alien races from the other planets in the Charlizon system. Now a days with the inclusion of bio-freaks, all shapes of people can be seen. StarChief remembers that Sorrenson has had his drones out and when the footage of the night and morning is reviewed the following is determined.

  1. There is perhaps only 10% the number of people moving around at night because of the Tarlok curfew, however, the number of Tarlok patrols is three to four times greater than the day. Hover vehicles with spotlights passed their own safe house a half a dozen times during the night. Twice during the night, the drones indirectly picked up activity of a fire fight within a few blocks of where the Adventurers stayed the night.
  2. During the day, even an odd group like the Adventurers could theoretically blend into the crowd, particularly if they don't look like a group.
  3. Regardless of the night or day, being fully armed and armored is going to stand out if just wandering around. All of the Seerions are in regular clothes and no weapons. Only the Tarlok and Control patrols are armed and armored.
  4. The Adventurers are in the basement of one of many large apartment skyscrapers. The building is on the edge of an industrial zone, where even larger factory buildings can be seen. Wide streets to accommodate heavy vehicles at ground level, along with various bridges connecting the buildings at numerous points. The weather is a bit cold and clouds filled the sky, a bit of rain fell before the dawn and the streets are wet, but it's not actively raining. The people on the streets are wearing heavy coats and hats, and are carrying umbrellas just in case. It may be possible to hide a weapon or two underneath a long coat. Only a handful look to be children. StarChief remembers that many buildings were relatively self-sufficient in basic necessities such as entertainment centers, grocery stores, and schools.

Kaboom says on the subject, "Andra should remember, the government has/had created numerous caches of weapons and equipment in preparation for the invasion. But it's been along time, and even before he left, we were pretty much reliant on our abilities. We wear flashy costumes, and use code names when on missions to hide our true identities so we can continue to move around. If we were kitted out like you guys, we'd have taken the planet back by now. Walking around in the full body armor and heavy weapons is going to invite trouble. While we all want the Tarlok to leave, for many of the people of Seeron, despair has taken them and they believe cooperation with the Tarlok is the only way they and their families will survive. If we look like we are expecting a fight, we could be ratted out before we even get there."

He unfolds a worn paper map and puts it on the table. He points to a spot on the map. "We're here." He points to another spot a few miles away. "That's the safe house. I can get us probably get us to within a couple of blocks of it with out being spotted using the various tunnels under the city in about three hours of walking. There's tunnels probably all the way to the building where the safe house is located; however, the Scythe use the tunnels as well and will have look outs and guards of their own."

What are your intentions?
User avatar
Dime Store Magic
Assistant Game Master
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:09 am

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:11 am

Perception: 1d100 = 88
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 70
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"Her name is Seldanna. Our families were bound at her birth - she is but little younger than I. We have met each other but a few times."
Sorrenson scratches his chin, smooths his whiskers and nods. He nods even though he doesn't understand. Man, people are weird. This jokers engaged to a woman he's only met a few times yet they've been bound since birth? Silly ol' Star Elves, I guess they must take this stuff pretty seriously though. Who am I to judge, I don't even have a girlfriend. He smiles at Kaedras. "Well, I'm sure you'll make a lovely couple once you return home."

Juan Echo wrote:"I've been space-mouth-clap free since the age of fourteen ninety-three,"

"Besides, you should be honored to share a jug with me. There are people out there that would pay good money for a God's backwash."
Sorrenson pauses, not sure what to say. He stares off blankly into the distance as his mind comes to grips with what Juan has just said. Um, Well... Who really cares if he had the space-mouth-clap? Ah, actually I do, if he's drinking out of the jug we all share! ... Nevermind that, how old is this guy!? Nevermind that! ... People pay for God's backwash! Ew gross... Oh funk me! I bet it's not just spit they pay for either... Eventually, after he gets past his initial shock, he just turns to Juan and asks a couple of questions. "Just exacly how old are you? And how much? How much for an ounce for God Backwash?"

Once the pressing questions of the day have been answered Sorrenson sets about disguising the weapons on his PA. He covers up the Starfire as best he can. He also asks Kaboom to source a crate or box for him to carry, just like an actual labor exoskeleton would do.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 51
JiC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 61

Gear
Armor
NE-BA-26 Special Body Armor
Armor by location:
    Main body: 95/140
    Head: 60/60
    Arms (each): 50/50
    Legs (each): 60/60

Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
NE-74GL Grenade Launcher (Ammo 48/48)

Urqos Mara wrote:"The only place where sharing mouth-clap is a bonding ritual is on Paradise-II."

Juan nods with a knowing smile, "Ah, Paradise-II. I've had some fond visits there over the centuries. To know someone in one of their pleasure clubs is like shaking their hand." Hence space-mouth-clap. Not that Joan could judge, having contracted several varieties of space-clap herself. I'll be quiet now.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Just exactly how old are you? And how much? How much for an ounce for God Backwash?"

What an inquisitive little Urqos. Juan takes a moment and then answers Sorrenson's questions in order, and to a point confirms some of Mara's skepticism, "Well I tend to lose track of the years when I'm off on an adventure, but I'm just a bit under 1800 years old.* And I'll admit, that I have engaged in selling my precious bodily fluids (and occasionally other deities' precious fluids**) to earn scratch from time to time. The cost on backwash can range between 50 and 1,500 UTC a gallon depending on the God and the beverage.

"It's not a very dignified trade, but you may or may not be surprised by what people will believe about the tears of a God. Between those and the ducks, we may be able to bait our targets by claiming to sell bioweapons and other experimental technology."

Juan looks around the safe house and waits for someone else to chime in. After Kaboom's explanation of the ground situation on Seeron, the Adventurers will want to plan how they move around the planet before stepping out.

* Juan and Joan Eacho are exactly 1,791 years, 3 months, and 6 days old. They emerged from a large 'egg', for lack of better words, on a scorching hot Saturday morning; Juan emerged first by 12 minutes. His earliest memories are from when he was aged 9, after he had just thrown a rock at his older brother Lo. He remembers his brother being angry with him, but not why. In Jonny's defense, even if he cannot remember the act, there were probably a lot of good reasons to throw a rock at Lo Echo's head.***
** Per Rate-A-Deity
GJDRipper wrote:1 out of 10
I purchased the vomit of Bacchus as a cure for any hangover, no matter how terrible. It tasted terrible, didn't work, and was full impurities such as actual hairs from a dog. What did Bacchus swallow an animal whole while drunk?
Yes, in fact Bacchus did eat, and promptly vomit, an entire dog at Juan's encouragement after a night of intense carousing.

*** A projectile flies across the battle cruiser's deck, sailing over the heads of several Urqos crewmen and striking their commander right between the eyes. The Herder picks up the rock, a smooth piece of granite eight inches in length and the shape of an American football. With a stern glower, he scans across the ship. All his worshipers lower their heads or duck behind consoles in fear, though none of them had thrown the rock. His sister, the Gelder, leans against a door frame with a casual smile.
"I just felt like throwing a rock at you."
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:02 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 38

JIC: 1d20 = 13
1d100 = 21

Sorrenson wrote:"Well, I'm sure you'll make a lovely couple once you return home."


Kaedras merely nods in response to this, considering it a well-wishing, but he thinks, with a tinge of sadness, IF I return home... perhaps. He puts the photo away.

Kaedras otehrwise pays attention to the brief by Kaboom. Whatever they decide I will endeavor to fulfill my duty. Though I can leave my bow and arrows behind if need be, I would be loathe to part from them. And, as before, it may be better if Aldón stays behind - I fear he may attract more attention than is warranted.

As Juan and the others continue their talk about the going rates of bodily fluids, Kaedras' eyes twinkle, betraying his amusement.

Juan wrote:The cost on backwash can range between 50 and 1,500 UTC a gallon depending on the God and the beverage.


Kaedras cannot help remarking. "A gallon? That... is an impressive amount of expectorate. There may be some who would pay just to witness the miracle of producing that amount."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:48 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 26
JIC: 1d100 = 6 1d20 = 13

Oradro would take some time to consider the situation they were in, and it sort of nagged at him. "Well, if we got at night, we have far less chance of getting innocents caught in any fighting. But if we go during the day and do it properly, we can probably have an easier time avoiding any fighting to begin with going by the sounds of things. Or at least most of us would." he'd glance around at those gathered and let out a soft grunt "Though I suspect someone such as myself would stand out like a sore thumb in either case...." kind of hard to miss a Seljuk in most crowds, even on Center.... "I could try to sneak about at night, during the day I suspect that would be nearly impossible but who knows... disguises are not likely to work unless it's something particularly fancy. Too bad we don't have any of that handy Naruni thermoptic camo. That would be really handy right now.." he'd hrmm "Or an invisibility spell for that matter, or just about anything along those lines..." he'd rub along the edge of his chin with the back of a finger as he continued to try to think of options. "Worst case, I can always just... fly. Given how quickly I can move, I could perhaps just go rooftop to roof top and keep a low profile that way." the huge Seljuk gave a slight shrug. "I'm certainly open to suggestions in either case."
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 2/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 12/1d100 = 92

"I've made the decision that we will head to Eastwarren now to ask some questions and poke around. We will be able to glean some sort of information regarding the Bios that way. We can make our way back at night time and chat with the Burning Scythe. We will be walking among the citizens, and having the level of weaponry we consider typical on us would be inviting Tarlok Control to investigate us. And by investigate, I mean kill. Bring only what is necessary. Kaboom, if you could procure us enough rainwear to conceal our group, I'd appreciate it, Old Chum. The more umbrellas the better."

Looking to his crew, he waves Kaedras over. "Metri's friend. Come have a conversation with me." He'll head to an area of the safehouse that's secluded from the others and chat with Kaedras for a moment. "I realized that we haven't had a chance to chat yet. You seem to be attached to my friend Metri over there. I know he's on board with our crew but what is your deal? What do you bring to the table and more importantly, are you willing to do what's necessary to save the Three Galaxies?"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:43 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 17 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 19 1d100 = 11

Conditions:

Mara listens to the orders and nods, Starburst knows his world better than I. I am interested in how others are going to react to a giant lizard and bull walking with us. There must be a lot more diversity here than I originally thought. Mara smiles, "Well I ought to fit in ok, but just in case I'll throw on a trench coat. How light do we go? Leave the harnesses, sidearms and swords? " She gives Sorrenson an overly serious look, "SO how are you gonna cover up that mug!" She pulls off the P field and packs in it her bag and leaves her magical rifle behind. She'll take off any other equipment they require as she is always armed no matter where she goes. They train Slayers to fight and win regardless of the equipment we have at hand.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:50 am

<Rolls carry>
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Urqos Kaedras wrote:"A gallon? That... is an impressive amount of expectorate. There may be some who would pay just to witness the miracle of producing that amount."

Is the Urqos propositioning me or is he just that naive? Juan wonders, but his sister's psyche does not offer any insight. So Juan clears his throat, and says, "Well, if you want to watch that usually costs extra... But that is something we can talk about once the mission is over if that is a serious offer."

Juan gets back to finishing his meal and then listens to Starchief announce the team's course of action. He nods in agreement, it seems like a reasonable plan. Nonetheless, Oradro raises a fair concern. Juan chimes in to answer, "Well, Ser Oradro, most of us cannot pass as locals even under the best circumstances." He pauses and looks at the Chief. "And perhaps some of us shouldn't look local at all. But we did establish a cover identity as merchants in exotic goods. If any is suspicious about why you are here, tell them we are looking to unload some ducks and procure the most dangerous specimens from this planet for export to the Center."

With that he takes off his armor, under which he is wearing a white tank top and a comfy set of cargo shorts. Juan takes his magical clubs and a credistick from the EBA's pockets and puts them in his short. If the clubs look too bulky in his roomy pockets, he can connect them and use his weapon as a walking staff.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:15 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 51

JIC: 1d20 = 6
1d100 = 100

Juan wrote:"Well, if you want to watch that usually costs extra... But that is something we can talk about once the mission is over if that is a serious offer."


Kaedras looks at the god with some confusion.

"I said there may be some who would pay to witness such, not that I would be willing to witness. For the record, I am unwilling to either witness nor to pay for the privilege. I was merely suggesting that you could supplement your earnings by selling tickets as well as fluids. But not to me."

Starchief wrote:"Metri's friend. Come have a conversation with me. I realized that we haven't had a chance to chat yet. You seem to be attached to my friend Metri over there. I know he's on board with our crew but what is your deal? What do you bring to the table and more importantly, are you willing to do what's necessary to save the Three Galaxies?"


Kaedras happily excuses himself from the very odd conversation he had somehow wandered into, to answer Starchief's concerns.

"I am Kaedras Idralion, Metri and I both worked at the infirmary, and I had heard he might be able to secure transport off-world. When he told me of your mission here, I quickly signed on. I will... not abide slavery. If you will have me as crew, I will do my utmost to help the Seeron peoples.. as for my talents, I am a skilled psychic - what your people call a 'mind-melter', though I've not melted any minds as of yet. I have skill with a bow and arrow and have such a weapon as to give even the heartiest enemy pause, if need be. I will not claim to be the most powerful warrior, but I give my word that I will fight by your side, and the word of Kaedras Idralion is unblemished."

If Starchief has any follow-up questions, Kaedras will happily address them.

Kaedras will accept a raincoat with the others, and will wear his light armor beneath, hoping that it is light enough to be easily concealed by the bulky raincoat. He will leave his bow, and his clockwork wolf, behind and proceed on foot, depending on his psychic abilities if combat arises.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:10 am

<Rolls held>
Juan Echo wrote: "Well I tend to lose track of the years when I'm off on an adventure, but I'm just a bit under 1800 years old.

Sorrenson considers this info for a while. "So you've been VD free for roughly the last four hundred years? Seems like a good run considering your lifestyle. Good work, I guess. Or was that just Space-Mouth-Clap free? Although what I find more interesting is that you're getting close on the big 2K! Almost two thousand years old and yet remarkably short on common sense and wisdom. Incredible!" At one point in time Sorrenson may have consdered that this might hurt Juan's feelings. He now knows Juan's feelings are pretty much impervious to anything he (or anyone else for that matter) could say.
Kaedras Starfall wrote:"A gallon? That... is an impressive amount of expectorate. There may be some who would pay just to witness the miracle of producing that amount."

Sorrenson glaces over at the Star Elf and raises an eyebrow and scrunches up his nose. Huh, this dude must a freaky one. Pay to watch Juan back wash a bunch of beer, cooking oil or whatever? First it's Juan suggesting swinging, now it's bodily-fluid-boy over here. Seems like the GA might be a place where no kink shaming is allowed. Sorrenson gazes off into the distance and muses about how he'd rather be tinkering in his workshop than wading through the muck of saving the 3G in the company of deviants. Then he realizes he'd much prefer deviants over proper Over-the-Top-Do-Gooding-whilst-Maintaining-Pure-Intentions-and-Impecable-Manners type heroes. Ugh! Forget those guys. Not enough snark.
Starchief wrote:Bring only what is necessary.

So this means I'll be leaving the Drudge behind I think. Sorrenson thinks to himself. He wanders over and picks out a rain coat with a good deep hood.
Mara wrote:"So how are you gonna cover up that mug!"

"I was thinking of going for the bloody bandages look. You know wrap my face in bloody looking bandages. Pull the hood on my rain coat up too. Put em on my hands too. Not gunna work upon closer inspection, but most people will just to avoid me. I think I could pull off the 'diseased mutant' rather well, if I have too. Anyone got a better idea?"
Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I said there may be some who would pay to witness such, not that I would be willing to witness. For the record, I am unwilling to either witness nor to pay for the privilege. I was merely suggesting that you could supplement your earnings by selling tickets as well as fluids. But not to me."

Oh, right. So he isn't a freak. He's just looking for a side hustle? "Well, there we have it. Sounds like you two have a business opportunity that should provide a steady stream of income! Think about it! You'll be on the gravy train for sure. Wads of cash!" Sorrenson says with a laugh.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:43 am

Hunkered down in the safehouse, Starchief makes the decision to proceed to Eastwarren, together as a group, and begin poking around there to see what you can learn about the disappearances. You have enough surveillance of the area to have a decent idea of how poorly equipped you’ll need to be to blend in with the locals- with the help of some oversized wet weather gear that Kaboom helpfully supplies. You pass the time preparing for the mission, finishing breakfast, and discussing matters both mundane (Kaedras’ formally joining the team) and exotic (Juan’s… well, just about everything Juan says at this point).

Kaboom grunts in acknowledgement of Starchief’s decision to investigate the disappearances first, takes his leave and mutters ”I’ll be back.” Some 45 minutes later, he’s returned with enough ponchos and raincoats for everyone (though for those of you with a distinctly nonhuman appearances, the fit is less-than-comfortable). Starchief and Mara have the easiest time blending in , Icky and Oradro the hardest- the rest of you will stand out in a room full of Seerons, but less so in Eastwarren thanks to its high bio-freak population. Kaboom also produces a small (though still bulky by Phase World standards), hand-held computer and offers to transmit copies of the original Shertar report to anyone who’d like to review it on their own machine. Those of you who do will find it lamentably light on details- a handful of BCR dossiers are cross-referenced as bio-freaks who’ve disappeared from the area and are wanted for questioning, and the document also references a few locations within the area where BCR have picked up a number of unregistered ‘enhanced’ beings.

At about noon local time, you head out- Sorrenson in particular feels uncomfortably exposed without his armor, but none of you is wholly comfortable given the fresh memories of your firefight against the Tarlok. Those of you who rely primarily upon raw power, Oradro in particular, don’t feel a personal sense of danger as you step out, but as a unit you are all aware that if it comes down to a pitched battle again you’re going to be in big trouble.

As you might guess from the name, Eastwarren is the name for a ground-level neighborhood in the eastern quadrant of Rylor. It is adjacent to the primarily industrial area where your safe house is located, and once Kaboom uses his powers to make a surreptitious exit from it you are free to wander where you see fit. Your guide himself merely says, ”I have a few things to take care of. We’ll rendezvous at the safehouse later, and for gods’ sake don’t attract any attention.” Despite his absence, Starchief knows the broad strokes of the neighborhood well enough, and is able to take you down one of the major thoroughfares through it.

Back in ancient times, this road saw a lot more conventional traffic- but now, as the Seeronians and their Tarlok masters have taken to the skies it is largely deserted save for a small flow of foot traffic. The foundations and supports for the larger Skaraypers in the area, and even some of the elevated highways, are the site of homeless encampments (most of which are also referenced in the Shertar report). Aside from the encampments, there’s a large square in the center of the neighborhood that serves as an open-air market of sorts. Think a flea market with a generous sprinkling of food stalls, all manned by various Seeronians, Seermans, and Taluses in various states of mutation and poverty (typically correlated with one another). Starchief, and any of you with streetwise skills or similar, recognize the location as prime for a black market. Though it probably isn’t to be found near the more aggressive shop proprietors that try to woo you with promises of a deal on something or other.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:48 am

Perception (24%): 1d100 = 49
JiC: 1d20 = 10/1d100 = 52
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"So you've been VD free for roughly the last four hundred years? Seems like a good run considering your lifestyle. Good work, I guess. Or was that just Space-Mouth-Clap free? Although what I find more interesting is that you're getting close on the big 2K! Almost two thousand years old and yet remarkably short on common sense and wisdom. Incredible!"

"If you lived for millennia, perhaps you would have a different concept of 'wisdom', Urqos Sorrenson," Juan replies. He also briefly considers that maybe being a deity and treated like nobility on his home planet may factor into it. "You see so much over that time that it can beggar belief. Why there's a word in the Yayamama language that describes the feeling a deity gets when a generation is born, lives, and dies within the blink of an eye. And the Yayamama are known to be more... let's say vivacious than most Gods, well aside from the Greeks. Most in my pantheon do not live more than three to four thousand years. We tend to kill each other in combat. So, YOLO! Also your math is off, it's been maybe 300 years since the last time I needed to get a round of antibiotics."

Urqos Kaedras wrote:"I said there may be some who would pay to witness such, not that I would be willing to witness. For the record, I am unwilling to either witness nor to pay for the privilege. I was merely suggesting that you could supplement your earnings by selling tickets as well as fluids. But not to me.

Juan can hear his sister's laugh echo in his head. Didn't you learn from the last time you seduced the whole ship? Oh, that is a good one! You just walked into that so easily I couldn't! At least this group seems smart enough to keep it only professional. There is a pause as Juan remembers Solaris. The disappearance of Solairs along with Aoife had cast a shadow on the mission, and contributed to Juan's paranoia.

Urqos Sorrenson wrote:Well, there we have it. Sounds like you two have a business opportunity that should provide a steady stream of income! Think about it! You'll be on the gravy train for sure. Wads of cash!"

Looking at both Sorrenson and Kaedra, Juan's eyes lighten up. "Well, if a deity were to make that Their business, it can be pretty productive. But you really need to invest in it, including facilities, importing liquids, bottling, and an amphitheater. There are several vineyards that do wine tastings with Gods. But if you don't have all that, then that kind of show is pretty sketch, even by my standards.

"Now, in my opinion, the best around is still the Two Buck Chuck on the trader planet in the J0 cluster in the Anvil Galaxy.* Few deities can produce a spectacle like that, which consistently produces that much liquid and that many worshipers. The only other event worth seeing is when Odin and Prometheus will get together every decade or so and produce what they call Gallow Brother's wine. That brings an interesting crowd. Oh, and whenever Taweret decides to have a spa day she will let worshipers roll in a mud bath and take a jar home with them. I had a pedicure at that spa once, it was divine."

Having left his teammates with the impression that there was another side (or several dozen) to the Three Galaxies that they have never seen (and maybe it's better they never do), Juan grabs a short rain coat and puts it on like an unbuttoned shirt. He rolls up the sleeves and is out the door behind the rest of the team. Depending on what is the least conspicuous, Juan will keep his Magical Clubs in a pocket (or pockets) of his cargo shorts, tucked into the waistband of his shorts and covered by the raincoat, or connecting them and using them as a walking staff.

Juan keeps an eye on Kaboom as they walk to the Eastwarren district. When Kaboom departs, Juan watches with a mixture of relief and suspicion. However, he puts those feelings aside when they reach the market. He keeps within eye range of at least two teammates at all times as he moves through the stalls. He idly stops at the occasional stall selling produce to see what Seeron has to offer. If anything looks appealing, he may buy a piece of fruit to snack on as he surveys the area.

* At Baby Duck Winery, the two Horned Gods Cernunnos and Pashupati have put on a regular show where they taste Merlot and lock horns, both figuratively and literally. You must book 8 months in advance to get tickets.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:07 am

Perception: 1d100 = 32
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 13 / 1d100 = 91
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Sorrenson wraps up his face and hands in bandages in an effort to hide his rat-boy nature. I dunno how much this will work... But I gotta try something... "Um, that's about as good as it gets." He says as he looks over the wrappings in his pocket mirror. "I'll just have to say I'm in the process of mutating, or something." He pulls up his hood and does his best to look completely average, and not suspicious at all. This is gunna go horribly wrong! Then he looks over at Juan and Orado. Right, and those guys don't stand out at all... They'll get noticed before I do. This makes him feel a little bit better. He glaces over at the Drudge and frowns. It's been a long time since he's been on a team outing not suited up. This is gunna be dangerous... He thinks to himself stating the obvious.

At Juan's thoughts on 'wisdom' Sorrenson just raises an eyebrow. "Nice words bro with some valid points. However, for all your vivacious YOLO antics for the last 1800 years, you still think that my PA is an Urqos and that Space Whales exist. It's like you've actively avoided gathering a bit of wisdom, or even growing up or something. Anyway it doesn't matter, you do you. You keep doing you and I'll keep being amused and bemused." He finishes with a little shrug.

Out and about with the others Sorrenson just tries to keep a low profile and not bring attention to himself.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:56 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 69 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 7
1d100 = 48

Juan wrote:"Well, if a deity were to make that Their business..."


Kaedras slowly shakes his head 'no' as Juan continues to expound on this particular tangent. I don't know what kind of god he is... but I'm fairly certain he's not one of the good ones.

Sorrenson wrote:"Um, that's about as good as it gets. I'll just have to say I'm in the process of mutating, or something."


Kaedras places a hand on his shoulder. "We'll... keep you in the center of the group. And we shall remind onlookers who are too curious that it is rude to stare." Though to be fair... on any other planet a Ratanoid might be commonplace.

Kaedras follows the group as they make their way through Eastwarren. He sticks close to Sorrenson and keeps an eye out for observers who are perhaps too interested for anyone's sake, though his unfamiliarity with Seeron makes this a challenging task.

Streetwise 55% 1d100 = 87 (identify snitches in need of stitches - FAIL)
Streetwise 55% 1d100 = 68 (FAIL)
Streetwise 55% 1d100 = 60 (FAIL)
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:38 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 23
JIC: 1d100 = 40 1d20 1d20 = 17

Surveillance 53% 1d100 = 65
Intelligence 52% 1d100 = 48
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 96
Prowl 53% 1d100 = 32

Oradro would for his part just do his best to keep as much of a low profile as he could, which was perhaps easier said than done given his immense size (Prowl). Beyond that, certain that he'd draw some unwanted attention sooner than later, he'd keep a sharp eye out for any signs of patrols or potential ambushes, and since he knew littel of the world, he'd keep an ear to various conversations and assorted other things to try and get some better sense of how he might get away with blending in (Intel, Detect Ambush, Surveillance). Well, this is certainly unlike any world I can recall being on. While the mix of people seems to reminds me of Centre in a few ways, it's so technologically primitive by comparison.
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:27 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 99 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 5 1d100 = 38

Wardrobe & Grooming-- 1d100 = 89 / 56% (to updates and help the others if she can)
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 17 / 61% (obvious)
Intelligence-- 1d100 = 86 / 71%

Mara throws her trenchcoat on over her small arms and does a last minute check of her outfit and look. She will help the others if she can. She smiles at Sorrenson, "Gruesome, but effective." While out and about she will try to run interference for the others who don't blend in as well. Like ask for directions or other innocuous info. Well this ought to be interesting. Walking the streets in broad daylight on a basic human looking crowd will a a bull, lizard, rat and whatever Juan is. She will keep her eyes open and assist as needed.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:50 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 80 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 13| 1d100 = 80%
-----------------------------------
Intelligence. 1d100 = 25 | 64% <== Figure anything out that would help their mission (ideally focused on disappearances).
Prowl. 1d100 = 80 | 70% <== Hobble/Pad along quietly (but stay in close proximity to Sorrenson)
Performance. 1d100 = 19 | 85% <== Playing the old cripple with a bad leg.
Anthropology. 1d100 = 62 | 80% <== Observe melding pot of different races that must have co-evolved on the same planet (prior to Tarlock invasion)
Linguistics. 1d100 = 28 | 58% <== Pick up any regional dialects or dialect differences across races.
Public Speaking. 1d100 = 63 | 85% <== Making small talk with merchants while perusing wares in an effort to hear about local gossip and tease out information regarding disappearances.

Hearing the order to blend in without obvious armor or weapons, Metri does not hesitate to remove his Psionic Crystal Armor, phase-field and energy weapons of all sorts, leaving them at their resistance haven. Amidst his plain Ambassador's robes, Metri keeps the PPE batteries. Hoping the the throwing hammer is easily mistaken for a functional workman's hammer, Skorl unobtrusively hangs off his hip. And the Yhabbayar (unless someone else objects) walks with a limp, justifying the presence of his ragged walking stick, his Millenium staves taped together. With a rain poncho atop his robes, Metri figures he is as well blended as his small stature and wrinkled mug will allow.

Noticing the order affecting members of the Adventurers unequally, Metri will remain close to the bloody face-rag known as Sorrenson if possible. When it comes time to head out (assuming precipitation is present), Metri pulls the poncho hood over his head and hobbles along next to the taller (even when hunched over) ratanoid.

Upon reaching the commerce area of Eastwarren, the Yhabbayar will pause a moment, taking in the chaos.

What're you going to do? Just start walking up to stall vendors and ask them if they've known anyone who has disappeared recently? Skorl pipes in with a taunting tone. Perhaps with a bit more tact, but yes, more or less. If the disappearances are widespread and commonly known, it will likely surface among the local gossip. So anything that can be done to stimulate conversation and small talk should eventually lead to clues.

Unless prevented from doing so by his teammates (because everyone is trying to stick together), Metri will make like an old shopper out browsing. In an attempt to spark conversation from the vendors, he will make remarks like: "Not as good the weather is as two days ago, hmm?", "Aching my bones are. Know you how bad the storm will be?", "Cloudy, hmm. A bad omen maybe.", and "Wouldn't have to be out in this rain if showed up my deliveryman did! Wonder what happened to him?"
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:13 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 32/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 13/1d20 = 19

Icky's quiet for the most part while the group is , partly because he doesn't want to let too much info slip around Starchief's 'friend' but also because right now he prefers to listen and learn all he can. However, when things quiet down he does seek out Metri and get caught up on how he managed to wind up here on Starchief's old stomping grounds.

The next morning he processes Kaboom's comments about 'blending in' with a scowl. An understanding scowl, to be sure, but a scowl none the less -- after all, realizing someone's right is by no means the same as liking it. However the only thing he says is: "Fine."

He sets aside his body armor, his other bandolier, his phase beamer, and all other weapons aside from Darkwing and his pistol. He grumbles something unintelligible (though by the tone one could tell it's not pleasant) as he pulls a couple of pistol e-clips from his other bandolier and stuffs them into his backpack. He does ask Kaboom for a copy of the reports downloaded to his HPC though.

When the group heads out, he tries to stand out as little as possible -- slouching a bit, keeping the hood of his poncho pulled over his head (as much as he can), and not doing anything to bring attention to himself. Well, any more attention to himself than he's already going to get anyway.
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:43 am

Perception: 1d100 = 49/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 6/1d100 = 76

Starchief leaves most of his gear behind, opting to bring his Ion Pistol, Champion, and his Wand of Power. He keeps his raincoat pulled close to his neck to obscure Champion from being seen in the sheath on his back.

Walking the market in Eastwarren, Starchief looks around at some of the less busy booths for signs of black market activity. (Streetwise: 1d100 = 80/66%, Find Contraband and Illegal Weapons: 1d100 = 12/86%) At the same time, he keeps an eye open for any food stalls that have his old favorites. If he sees anything good, he'll wave Icky over and say "This. This is the one. I need you to make this for me every day that I'm alive."

After a walk through the square, Starchief points out the homeless encampments. "That is where most of the Bios live. Those who aren't fortunate enough to have housing in this time of occupation. That's where they're being disappeared. Sorrenson, Sir Oradro, Mara, Kaedras. I want the four of you to talk to merchants here in the square. See if you can find anything out about the disappearances. Everyone else, you're with me. We're going to talk to some people in the encampments. Meet back here in 30."

Starchief takes his team and heads to the nearest encampment he can see and looks around for a resident.
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:57 am

(Rolls carried over)

Kaedras offers only the merest nod at Starchief's orders to talk to the vendors, to try and uncover more about the disappearances, but any question as to whether the order was heard or will be followed is quickly dispelled as the elf gracefully vectors off toward a market stall.

He adopts an easy posture, and peruses the goods at the stall. He looks up at the merchant. "Good day to you. These are tough days for a businessman, are they not?" He gestures vaguely at the wet bleakness, but also, generally, the entirety of existence. "Have you found it impacts your market, much?" Kaedras sets down the object he was examining, and nonchalantly picks up another.

Charm: 45% 1d100 = 82 (FAIL)

"I have heard... rumors... the people have gone missing." He looks up at the proprietor again. "Have you heard anything?"

Charm: 45% 1d100 = 72 (recover? - FAIL)
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:35 am

It’s hard not to feel a little naked as you venture out from the safehouse, largely without your armor and other standard accoutrements. Following Starchief, you proceed to the local square and attempt to sense the pulse of the community. And more importantly, dredge up clues as to the disappearing bio-freaks. The more exotic among you (Sorrenson, Oradro, and Icky) hunch over in your ponchos (ostensibly against the light drizzle that has started) and largely remain silent or engage in quiet banter with your teammates. The rest of you feel a little more at ease, though some of the more disfigured natives you spot are a bit rough on the eyes. Kaedras in particular finds the collection of bio-freaks unsettling- he had no idea the mutations in this population could progress to such an extent.

You arrive at the square, and to avoid looking suspicious fan out a little. Mara takes a lead alongside Starchief and attempts to run interference for those who have a harder time blending in, but it swiftly proves to be unnecessary. Far more exotic bio-freaks can be found in the square than those represented by your team, and although many of you can’t help but feel self-conscious it is rare that you attract a second glance. Juan naturally gravitates towards some of the food stalls- the produce section is small (befitting of an impoverished, urban environment), and the produce similarly small and none-too-healthy-looking from what he can tell. But there are local fruits to be had, should the godling be so inclined. What there are not is credit readers. As he makes his way through the market, Juan does catch a delicious whiff of something cooking on the wind. Investigating it, he spots a sign for something called “Cvidesch meatballs”- small meatballs (origin likely best left unknown) cooked in a grayish-brown sauce that does admittedly smell delicious and reminds him of similar delicacies he’s had on at least a dozen worlds. If he were in a more philosophical mood, he could wax for some time on the mysteries of the megaverse, and how such different species can somehow, independently develop such similar foods. Perhaps Icky would be interested.

Starchief is the only one who feels halfway in his element as he surveys the scene. He starts looking for signs of black market activity but doesn’t see much. There are a few shifty-looking characters hanging about the square or moving through it, seemingly uninterested in buying anything. But those could be petty criminals or even disguised resistance fighters as easily as black market traders… in fact, as he watches, one of them picks the pocket of an especially downtrodden-looking fellow and begins rapidly marching off towards the opposite end of the square from where you entered.

While Starchief is surveying the square, and most of the rest of the crew is either milling around or concentrating on keeping as low a profile as possible, Metri cooks up the role of a lifetime, using his reduced arsenal as a crude disguise that (by virtue of its crudeness) actually helps him blend in a little better with the shabby surroundings (and people within them). Despite looking as exotic as any in the party, Metri’s body language paints him as completely at ease, and within moments of fading into the crowd (if you could call it that) he is blending in as well as one of the natives. Playing the part of the aged cripple, he establishes rapport with those around him through a series of mundane complaints- another truism transcending species. Despite only taking a few minutes, Metri affects a leisurely approach even as he systematically searches through the stalls, putting out feelers with a story about some wayward deliveryman. Before too long, he hits paydirt in the form of a kindly-looking old woman manning the Cvidesch meatballs stand.
Metri wrote:Unless prevented from doing so by his teammates (because everyone is trying to stick together), Metri will make like an old shopper out browsing. In an attempt to spark conversation from the vendors, he will make remarks like: "Not as good the weather is as two days ago, hmm?", "Aching my bones are. Know you how bad the storm will be?", "Cloudy, hmm. A bad omen maybe.", and "Wouldn't have to be out in this rain if showed up my deliveryman did! Wonder what happened to him?"
Despite the dubious origins of the meat, the woman does a reasonably brisk trade, but in-between servings she smiles down at Metri and slides out a stool. ”Come, sit old fellow. I know all too well how the bones ache when they’ve been up and about too long.” After a (possibly exaggerated) glance around, she leans in conspiratorially. ”I wouldn’t go asking after that deliveryman of yours too loudly, ‘least not where the Tarlok or their agents can hear you. Word is, the resistance has been recruiting folks lately. Say there’s food, shelter, and a purpose for any who sign on. You didn’t hear it from me though.” She winks, and returns to her business (though not without a momentary grimace and hand-rub to her lower back).

Meanwhile, back at the main group Starchief gives his orders. Sorrenson, Oradro, Mara, and Kaedras are to stay and mingle amongst the shopkeepers. Juan, Metri, and Icky are to accompany the native son to the nearest homeless encampment. Eager to prove himself to this new band (if nothing else, so they won’t leave him behind), Kaedras springs into action. Following Metri’s lead (whether he knows it or not), the elf adopts a laid-back posture and saunters over to one of the nearby merchant stalls- a misshapen fellow of indeterminate age who is, so far as Kaedras can tell, peddling useless junk. Still, he makes a show of perusing the offerings, offering some sympathetic small talk that prompts a suspicious grunt from the… whoever he is. Kaedras then leans in, and inquires about the disappearances. The man’s eyes widen briefly, before he vigorously shakes his head no. Discouraged, Kaedras replaces the item he was pretending to examine and prepares to move on to the next stall. As he turns around, he almost runs into a diminutive, frail Seerman. After glancing around furtively, the little fellow looks up at Kaedras and leans in himself. ”You look like the resistance. Shouldn’t you know?” As Kaedras starts his initial reply, the Seerman hushes him and mutters ”Not here- you got somewhere safe we can go? That Haad woman has eyes everywhere.”

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 93
JiC: 1d20 = 5/1d100 = 31

Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Before leaving the bunker
Urqos Sorrenson wrote:"Nice words bro with some valid points. However, for all your vivacious YOLO antics for the last 1800 years, you still think that my PA is an Urqos and that Space Whales exist. It's like you've actively avoided gathering a bit of wisdom, or even growing up or something. Anyway it doesn't matter, you do you. You keep doing you and I'll keep being amused and bemused."

"Deny it all you want, but Space Whales are the most pure and majestic creatures in the Megaverse," Juan huffs, "and you'd be very lucky to see one in your short life. And when you do, I won't even ask for an apology, I'll let you take in the moment and make sure you have a pair of clean pants."*

"And this is the second time that you called your brother an empty power armor. I've seen Urqos Boxy move on his own, like a sentient being. Twice on Cormal; the first time when he was by me when we fought *shudder* the horrors on the surface and then when you were convulsing in that information pool."

*****
On the streets of Eastwarren
Juan moves around the stalls politely nodding at their occupants. He doesn't know what he's looking for, but the Wanderer just has a knack for stumbling into things. So he follows his instinct until his stomach takes the steering wheel.

The smell of sizzling meat draws the Wanderer towards a dish he has enjoyed on many planets, meatballs. Juan has never said no to steaming hot balls of savory meat. Each planet has its own variations, some are grilled over a flame, some are baked or even deep fried, but here they are simmered in a thin gravy. The meat probably comes from at least one species of horned mammal, but who can tell which ones with the biodiversity of the Three Galaxies, and the mixtures are always personal, kept from clan to clan and household to household. Some may use different cuts from the same animal, others just the young (and most tender), and others the offal of the oldest animals. Jonny, stop waxing gastronomical and get those meatballs inside you!

Juan looks at the elderly lady tending to the pan. "Elderly Urqos, those look delicious and smell even better. They would make any traveler feel like he had returned home. How much for a plate?" He reaches into his pocket and realizes he only has his UTC card on him. "Do you accept credits? One of the most reliable currencies in the Three Galaxies if you take card." If she does not take CredEx**, Juan will then offer trade (Charm (80%): 1d100 = 43. Success!). "How about a back rub? I may not be able to offer much, but I can help ease your weary bones. After all, everyone benefits when we share and demonstrate compassion." If the elderly lady accepts the offer, Juan will gently caress her upper back and neck, applying a healing touch (Increased healing, 10 I.S.P.) so that this lady will feel stronger as she continues to cook.

As Juan idles by the stand, he spots Metri from the distance and calls him out, "Urqos Metri! Come and see this local delicacy!"
* Out of the 6,853 posts relating to Space Whales on Rate-A-Deity 5,270 claim that the creatures do not exist. Of the remaining 583 posters that claim to have seen Space Whales, 396 admit to soiling themselves upon seeing these gentle radiant creatures floating in the vacuum of space.
** Credit Union of Explorers, a bank on the Center that provides UTC cards to those that don't think too much about what their money might be used to fund between transactions.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 73
JIC: 1d100 = 100 1d20 = 7

Surveillance 53% 1d100 = 57
Intelligence 52% 1d100 = 66
Prowl 53% 1d100 = 93
Charm/Impress: 63% 1d100 = 6
Trust: 37% 1d100 = 99

Starchief wrote:After a walk through the square, Starchief points out the homeless encampments. "That is where most of the Bios live. Those who aren't fortunate enough to have housing in this time of occupation. That's where they're being disappeared. Sorrenson, Sir Oradro, Mara, Kaedras. I want the four of you to talk to merchants here in the square. See if you can find anything out about the disappearances. Everyone else, you're with me. We're going to talk to some people in the encampments. Meet back here in 30."


"You can just call me Oradro, Starchief. You don't need to call me 'sir'." Oradro replied in a soft though deep tone. "I"m just another person, knight or not." he'd say softly before giving a little bit of a shrug "And technically it would probably be Sir Yekeva I believe, since that's my last time." he'd further explain. But he'd then look around, deciding to head off and see what information he could find as directed.

After he's left to his own devices to try and find out information, Oradro is slightly hesitant to approach anyone, given his rather large stature and decidedly different appearance. Still, he thought he might as well at least try. Looking around to try and spot a likely candidate to ask, he'd finally make his way over to someone "Hey so, I've heard there's people that have been disappearing around here lately. I thought I might be able to help find them. I don't suppose you've heard anything like that?"
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 50/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 11/1d20 = 16

ISP: 44/48 at the end of this post

Icky wanders around after Starchief and company, feeling slightly less out-of-place among all the more freaky-looking bio-freaks. But only slightly -- he's in an *ahem* alien environment with monstrous fascist occupation overlords who's had the natives under their thumbs for so long many of them have decided that collaboration is the trend that all the cool kids are doing. Well, at least those who haven't sided with Suicide Sally and decided to take her up on her offer on going out with a bang. Literally, he snorts to himself. There's no doubt that the folks here are desperate. And desperation leads otherwise good people to do not-so-good things. He sighs as he looks around, trying to keep an eye on his surroundings as the group makes its way through the crowds and keeping his poncho closed up over himself as much as possible (partially to cover up his weapons but also to discourage pickpockets, etc.).

At least the smells from all the food/produce stalls are a pleasant distraction. The olfactory cacophony of aromas remind Icky of his days as a youth growing up in the Splugorth kitchens; trips to the markets were one of the very few happy times he can remember during his life as a slave. If the young me could see me now, what would he think? He'd probably think he was hallucinating and wouldn't believe that someday he'd be free. Looking around at the people sharing the big open space with him, Icky realizes that deep down he was once not too unlike they are now. Hope. That's what I was lacking then, that's what these folks are lacking now. More precious than hand-processed naffros spice, hope is. I think I understand Meatball's passion for his people a little bit better.

Starchief wrote:If he sees anything good, he'll wave Icky over and say "This. This is the one. I need you to make this for me every day that I'm alive."


Always happy to discuss his favorite subject, Icky gleefully talks shop with any and every food stall owner trying to find out as much as he can. What's the dish? What's in it? How is it cooked? How long is it cooked? Are there any specific customs/rituals associated with it? Is there any specific cultural significance to it? And so forth. Where possible he passes along his own tips and tricks of the trade while chatting with the merchants.

Skill Checks
Cook -- 1d100 = 78/79% (to talk shop with food merchants)
Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 24/89% (checking for areas that could be prime spots for ambushes or those who may be about to launch one)
Detect Concealment -- 1d100 = 94/79% (checking for things that have been hidden from casual observation)
Lore: Galactic/Alien -- 1d100 = 69/30% (trying to identify any non-native races in the crowd)
Prowl -- 1d100 = 35/69% (trying to blend in)


He happens to catch Metri out of the corner of his eye chatting with another merchant. I still can't believe both you and Oradro wound up here on the same world as us, chum. And not just the same world, but the same city. That's about as cosmic-odds-random as you can get. If Scaly-Butt thought Zem was here I wouldn't be surprised if we see him here too before it's all said and done. ((OOC: Icky's using his newly-EP-purchased telepathy on Metri without realizing it.))
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:29 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 4 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 11| 1d100 = 96%
-----------------------------------
Trust. 1d100 = 60 | 92% <== Conspiratorial trust with Cvidesch meatball vendor. Hopefully she will share more details.
Intelligence. 1d100 = 32 | 64% <== Interpret Cvidesch meatball vendor's response (especially if cryptic)
Dark Lord wrote:After a (possibly exaggerated) glance around, she leans in conspiratorially. ”I wouldn’t go asking after that deliveryman of yours too loudly, ‘least not where the Tarlok or their agents can hear you. Word is, the resistance has been recruiting folks lately. Say there’s food, shelter, and a purpose for any who sign on. You didn’t hear it from me though.” She winks, and returns to her business (though not without a momentary grimace and hand-rub to her lower back).

Metri's face conforms into a concerned "O"-face as the Cvidesch meatball vendor temporarily lets him into her circle of trust. "Medicine too?" the Yhabbayar inquires with an equally hushed whisper. One of his tridactyl hands seems to unconsciously reach around to an unnaturally-sized nagging lump on his back to the left of his spine. Should she answer in the affirmative, Metri cautiously follows up, "Good at listening, I am. yess. Recommendation have you, where and when best listening spot is, hmm?"

It isn't long after that his attention is requested by a teammate further down the market aisle.
Juan Echo wrote:As Juan idles by the stand, he spots Metri from the distance and calls him out, "Urqos Metri! Come and see this local delicacy!"

"Excuse me, hmm," Metri apologizes, grunting as he finds his feet, "Excitable, Big Red is. Eager to share new discoveries. If go to him, I do not, pay for it later with much whining, I will, yess." The diminuitive D-bee will be generous with his monetary tip and thank the vendor one more time prior to heading off to rejoin the team by Juan.

"Another tasty food, hmm?" Metri will entertain Juan's enthusiasm, "Firm in texture, complex in flavor... yess. Hint of naffros spice?" The Yhabbayar is honestly uncertain as his taste buds (forged by the bland and simplistic foods of his homeworld) are not particularly sophisticated, but he has picked up enough from Chef Icky to sprinkle in some culinary terms to feign expertise.

Uncertain of how secure the open market space is, Metri will refrain from discussing whatever he learned until later when the team is in a quieter (and presumably more secure) space. But once in that space, he will share the entirety of what intelligence he gathered.

Chef Icky wrote:He happens to catch Metri out of the corner of his eye chatting with another merchant. I still can't believe both you and Oradro wound up here on the same world as us, chum. And not just the same world, but the same city. That's about as cosmic-odds-random as you can get. If Scaly-Butt thought Zem was here I wouldn't be surprised if we see him here too before it's all said and done. ((OOC: Icky's using his newly-EP-purchased telepathy on Metri without realizing it.))

Metri's eyes pop open in surprise at the unexpected intrusion, but then melt into a comforted smile when he recognizes Icky's mental voice. The Yhabbayar responds with enthusiastism.

I am in complete agreement. Our collective convergence here is far too unlikely to be a coincidence. What remains a mystery though is whether the driver of the convergence is in service to the Light, or Darkness. For example, have we been brought here because the Cosmic Forge requires our troubleshooting capabilities at a linchpin in events that are unfolding to prevent encroaching Darkness? Or have we stepped into a trap of sorts, carefully laid out by the forces of Darkness. It could, of course, certainly be both. And may ultimately not matter. I am, however, very grateful to see you again. Grateful to see Oradro again. And a tiny part of me is also hopeful to see Zem once more. But if the latter is true, then we will be embroiled in some event on a scale where two cosmo-knights are required... An event or series of events that may be larger than our small squad's capacity to bear. Metri's words conclude with a mixture of sadness that Icky can easily interpret as feelings of loss for teammates that have perished in service to their causes.

As quickly as the melancholy descends, it lifts even faster as another thought trips across Metri's mind. You've developed telepathic powers! That's amazing! Color me concerned that the rest of the team will become jealous of our unspoken dialogues. We should consider trying to develop body movement cues akin to a 'secret handshake'.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:23 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 47

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 46

As Kaedras encounters the diminutive seerman, he gracefully pivots to avoid running into him.

Seerman wrote:”You look like the resistance. Shouldn’t you know?”


"I'm sure I d..."

Seerman wrote:”Not here- you got somewhere safe we can go? That Haad woman has eyes everywhere.”


By the stars - is this Haad woman's allegiance common knowledge? I'd suspect not. This smells like a trap. And whatever does he mean by 'look like the resistance'? Are there many Star elves in the resistance? Or is that a statement on my appearance? He thinks briefly about the trenchcoat-over-armor look, and about the admittedly graceless inquiry he'd made at the market stall. He appears to be no Tarlok agent, but I must be careful regardless. Still, he is not triggering my psychic Sixth Sense, so on the face he appears perhaps trustworthy.

"Certainly." Kaedras pivots and heads for a secluded alleyway, if he can find one.

Streetwise 55% 1d100 = 14 (SUCCESS)

If he can, he will walk by Metri and touch him gently on the shoulder as he makes his way. No more than light touch, almost as if to simply convey 'excuse me' in a crowded space.

If he finds a dark alley, He will turn and address the Seerman.

"This is the best I can arrange on short notice. Speak quickly, before we are seen."

If he is unable to locate a secluded alley, he says "I am afraid I have no private space at this particular moment. Can I have your name, and I will inquire after you at a later time?"
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 18 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 3 1d100 = 2

Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 58 / 61% (obvious)
Intelligence-- 1d100 = 52 / 71%
trust/intimidate - 1d100 = 30 / 45%
charm/impress - 1d100 = 98 / 40%

Mara wanders the area eyeing a few of the booths and then steals a page from Metri's playbook. She finds a guy that may be impressed by her, saunters up to him and says "Excuse me sir, I'm looking for a big chap, he helps me around the house. He is large, closer to 7 feet and his face is a bit scarred and seems to have a tentacle for an arm. He was supposed to meet me near here about 30 minutes ago. Wonder if you have seen him or know what could have happened to him as he is usually very reliable." She smiles at the man. Hopefully he knows a few things. She tries to keep an eye on the others.
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:46 am

Perception: 1d100 = 41
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 11 / 1d100 = 25
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt
Juan Echo wrote:"And this is the second time that you called your brother an empty power armor. I've seen Urqos Boxy move on his own, like a sentient being. Twice on Cormal; the first time when he was by me when we fought *shudder* the horrors on the surface and then when you were convulsing in that information pool."
Sorrenson shakes his head as he looks over at his empty PA. They say youth is wasted on the young... Looks like Juan is the God that divinity got wasted on... Or something. "The information pool... Oh yeah. I'd almost forgotten about that. Thanks for bringing it back up." He replies in tone that suggests he isn't really all that thankful.

Out and about he keeps a low profile in the market. His eye flit about from person to person. Not really wanting to talk to any of the locals because he doesn't want them freaking out, you know because I'm an alien, he reaches out to the Amulet of Understanding.
Hello, Amulet of Unstanding. Are you there? He asks.
Ah what? Ah, Mister Sorrenson. Yes, yes I am indeed here. The amulet eventually replies. It sounds like its just been woken up.
Good. May I please ask a favor? I don't really know how you work but I know you're a psychic sensitive of sorts. Can you look over the crowd around us and see if there are any demons here? Or anyone focused on us? I feel like we're being watched / followed. Sorrenson feels like he's being polite in his request and sincere with out over doing it.
Sorrenson senses the Amulet glancing around. Very well... I shall psychically scan the crowd for you. The Amulet sounds bored, or mildly miffed. Probably because it's been disturbed from what it is that it does to pass the time.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Starchief » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 am

Perception: 1d100 = 50/59%
JIC: 1d20 = 3/1d100 = 83

Oradro wrote:"You can just call me Oradro, Starchief. You don't need to call me 'sir'."


"Noted. You're the second of your kind that I've met. The first being Sir Zem. I suppose he didn't have a last name which is why he was Sir Zem. Nevertheless, Oradro it is."

As Starchief sees the pickpocket take advantage of the poor citizen of Eastwarren, he knows he has to do something. You can't cause a scene here, Andra. Let it go. But make it right. While his cohort is questioning the folks in the area, Starchief walks over to the person who just had their pocket picked. "Excuse me, sir. You're looking a bit down on your luck. Might I purchase you a meal? Maybe even one for the road?" If allowed, Starchief will head to a stand serving delicious food and get the man a bite to eat. And if he has a way to donate credits to the man, he'll hand him 1,000 credits to hopefully replace whatever was stolen from him.

Once he's done helping the man out, he checks in with the rest of his smaller group. "Ready to head out to the encampments?"
Starchief
Andra "Starchief" Sekona
the Shield of Seeron

MDC: 439/439|Costume: 20/20

Saving Throw Bonuses:
Vs. Insanity: +9|Vs. Magic: +10|Vs. Possession: +7|Vs. Psionic: +7
Vs. Poison: +7|Vs. Mind Control: +6|Vs. Disease: +6|Vs. Illusion: +5
Vs. Horror Factor: +8|Vs. Coma/Death: +51%|Perception: +3


Image
User avatar
Starchief
Group Leader
 
Posts: 446
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:16 am

As you filter through the square, Juan’s interest is mighty piqued by the Cvidesch meatballs stand, and the intrepid traveler won’t let a little thing like having none of the local currency stop him from getting a taste. After his offer of credits is rejected, the godling turns on his charm and offers a back rub as a form of barter. The woman is initially skeptical, looking Juan up and down, before she sighs and says ”Oh, why not. If you intend harm, it’s not like there’s much I can do to stop you.” Juan then cracks his knuckles and gets down to work; while he lacks formal training in massage (and needs to be extra-careful to be gentle to the poor woman), you don’t get exposed to a galaxy’s worth of venereal diseases without picking up a thing or two in the process. He even delivers a little psionic jolt to improve the woman’s health ((-10 ISP Juan)), prompting a sigh as he works out a few kinks. After a few minutes, Juan wraps up his end of the deal, and the meatball-merchant offers him a genuine smile that contrasts with the world-weariness she displayed earlier. She rolls her arms a little, as if testing for some ache or another and, true to the bargain, dishes Juan out a small but tasty portion. Smiling again as he departs, the woman says ”That was nice- you remind me of my husband. Died during the invasion.” A cloud passes over her face, of remembered pain, only to flit away as she resumes hawking her product.

After finishing his conversation with her, Juan digs in- the food tastes… well, suffice it to say it is worth what he paid for it. While the rest of the team wanders, Juan spies Metri and calls him over. Icky, meanwhile, is hard-pressed to identify anything that looks especially worthy of his talents even with Starchief’s help, but also takes notice of Juan’s treat and certain commonalities with food on other planets spring to mind. Almost without thinking, the minotaur makes conversation with the Yhabbayar- only for the both to realize that they are doing so telepathically, Icky’s new ability manifesting as if by magic. Still, Metri maintains his poker face as he continues his own conversation with the meatball lady.
Metri wrote:Metri's face conforms into a concerned "O"-face as the Cvidesch meatball vendor temporarily lets him into her circle of trust. "Medicine too?" the Yhabbayar inquires with an equally hushed whisper. One of his tridactyl hands seems to unconsciously reach around to an unnaturally-sized nagging lump on his back to the left of his spine. Should she answer in the affirmative, Metri cautiously follows up, "Good at listening, I am. yess. Recommendation have you, where and when best listening spot is, hmm?"
In a noticeably better mood thanks to Juan’s massage, she replies, ”Sorry friend- those resistance types spend most of their resources fighting the Tarlok. No time for old codgers like us. No harm in asking, though- you might get lucky and find one with healing powers.” In a low voice she adds ”If you come back tomorrow, when folk are setting up for the day, they’ll probably be back. They like the early risers. You could also try the bio-freak encampments- lotta desperate people there. They like desperate folk too. Nearest one’s about half a mile that way.” She points to the opposite end of the square from where you entered.

Oradro and Mara, meanwhile, make their own circuit through the marketplace- approaching people more or less at random. Oradro takes a blunt approach, picking one larger gentleman out of the crowd and lumbering up to him. The fellow’s eyes widen as Oradro’s bulky form approaches- he stares up at the Seljuk and speech seems to leave him. After a few heartbeats, he shakes his head and stutters out a ”Dun…dunno anything about that. No, sir. Uh… ‘Scuse me, I have to go.” He gulps and then sets off into the group with a vengeance- possibly with an actual goal in mind beyond putting as much distance between himself and the knight as possible. Oradro approaches a few more sellers and shoppers in the square, but is met with similar reactions- bio-freaks or not, he still stands out and apparently not in a good way here. Mara takes a more subtle approach, filing through the stalls and asking pointed questions about a made-up houseboy of some sort. Every attempt is met with a negative response, albeit more courteous ones than those Oradro is receiving. After a frustrating few minutes, the two of you regroup and manage to overhear Metri’s conversation with the meatball-seller. Seeing the reaction Oradro engenders, Sorrenson decides to stick with his original strategy of keeping a low profile, and communes with his amulet to try a psychic sweep of the area. The amulet responds, Oh, very well. On a magic-less mudball such as this, any supernatural evil should stand right out. You’ll be able to sense it yourself through our link. A moment later, Sorrenson feels his consciousness expand ((-2 ISP)), but aside from a small ripple coming off of Icky he senses no supernatural evil in the area. Either there are no demons and their ilk present, or they are concealing themselves from detection somehow.

As Starchief makes his way through the square and spies the pickpocket, he decides to stop and help the victim of the crime. His initial query is met with puzzlement, but the man is neither too proud nor too well-off to turn down a free meal. It is only when Starchief starts examining the food stalls in the market more closely that he realizes none of them are equipped with credit-readers.

Some distance away Kaedras has his own lead to follow. After being approached by the Seerman, the star elf quells his suspicions and leads the fellow to a secluded alleyway off of the square that Kaedras spotted on the way in. Looking jittery, or at least nervous, the entire walk the Seerman nonetheless follows, sighing when he realizes your destination. He scowls at Kaedras, and seems about to protest before he apparently thinks better of it and dives in. ”I’m looking for my friend, Jill. Haven’t seen her in nearly two weeks now. Last we talked, she said that some cult or something has been sending proselytizers around here. Got her all fired up about the resistance- greater good, needs of the many, ends justify the means. Kinda stuff that sounds great at first, but gets worse the more you think about it.” Another furtive glance around. ”I think that they’re recruiting suicide bombers for the resistance. Thing is, Jill has two kids and no partner- there’s no way she’d go in for that kind of thing. I’m worried they brainwash her or something. Been asking around, but all folks will tell me is that they spread the word of this Haad lady. Supposedly high-up in the resistance- though maybe not if you don’t know her.” A dubious glance at Kaedras’ wardrobe. ”Look, I’m no friend of the Tarlok, but you’ve gotta see that it’s a problem if the resistance is forcing people to blow themselves up in the name of their cause. I just wanna find Haad and see if she knows anything about Jill- can you help me?”

While Sorrenson, Oradro, Mara, and Kaedras do as instructed and stay put in the square Starchief meets Juan, Icky, and Metri after you all have finished your conversations or other interactions with the marketplace denizens. With information about the closest homeless encampment in-hand, Metri points the way for you to go and you exit the square. While the marketplace was full of the downtrodden and the down-on-their-luck, here the full spectrum of human (or in this case, Seeronian) misery is on display. From what you can see, the camp is almost entirely populated by bio-freaks- many of whom, you can’t tell whether they are sick or simply the victims of particularly debilitating mutations. But from the amount of coughing going on, there is likely something going around. The erratic behavior of several other denizens of the camp also suggests some pretty serious mental illness; a grim reminder that the Seeronian health care system isn’t exactly a priority under the Tarlok regime. Starchief thinks he spots the pickpocket he noticed earlier entering a small, fenced-off area guarded by a rather imposing bruiser. All of you, however, attract immediate notice upon your arrival despite your efforts at staying incognito. Three separate individuals ask you for any spare change you might have within minutes of your arrival.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:50 am

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 14

JIC: 1d20 = 18
1d100 = 20

Kaedras listens as the small Seerman tells him of his missing friend Jill. "I've not seen anything like what you describe, but I will look into it, and I will return your friend to you if I can." He places a hand on the Seerman's shoulder. "I too am no friend to slavers... but the ends do not justify all means. If we adopt our enemies ways, we become our enemy."

He bids the Seerman farewell and returns to the group milling about the marketplace, disturbed by the allegation he has just heard, and determined to find the truth of it. I wonder if there has been any news of bombings of Tarlok targets among the resistance... Perhaps the others have heard of such a thing, but I should not ask them in an open-air market, where there may be Tarlok ears.

He returns to Sorrenson, Oradro, and Mara - of these, he bears only a passing familiarity with Sorrenson, and little to none at all with Oradro or Mara. He gently touches Sorrenson on the shoulder to get his attention without using his name.

"Have you had much luck? I have had some, but little."
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 44
JiC: 1d20 = 7/1d100 = 2

Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Juan notices the diversity of the population of Seeron. They had been told during the mission briefing that there were few aliens on the planet, but Juan cannot help wonder if some of the occupants of this camp are from off-world. The sight of the camp is at both fascinating and depressing. How can so many forms of life, especially if coming from one species, live in such miserable circumstances?

Whenever one approaches him to ask for money he shakes his downcast head and says something along the lines of, "I am sorry, I do not have currency." He cannot help them at the moment, and honestly the best thing he could do for the suffering Seeronians would be to complete the mission and stop some of their oppressors.

Walking alongside Starfchief Juan sees a large bruiser by a fenced area. It's rare to see restricted areas like this in a slum, and they often contain something far more sinister than abject poverty and institutional oppression. The Wanderer thinks about what the lady at the Cvidesch stand had said, and he suddenly remembers the last time he saw a similar camp. Turning to Starchief he says, "That's a place to train young soldiers. Recruits come in young, and hungry, and looking for a life with meaning, and they come out as hardened warriors for the cause, whatever that may be. I've seen it before, the last time was almost 300 years ago by a group called... I think they were called the Jesusists, or something like that. They were crazy disciplinarians, and beat their charges with wooden sticks for just about any infraction you could imagine. It did not end well for them.

"I bet you that's where we can find the Resistance. We should go up there and see if they'll take us in. Urqos Icky and I look tough enough, and they might want to see someone from their good-old-bad-old days."

If no one stops Juan, he will walk up to the gate and size up the guard. Juan will do so in a very visible way, while also showing off his own imposing physical frame (Impress (80%): 1d100 = 80). "Anything worth my time in there?" He raises his eyebrow that suggest he is either ready to lay the smackdown on some candy ass Seeronian or he's smelling some foul meat burning on a heated stone.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:34 am

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 41
JIC: 1d100 = 18 1d20 = 13

Surveillance 53% 1d100 = 60
Intelligence 52% 1d100 = 71
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 10

Oradro will eventually give up on any further attempts to get answers as just something that isn't going to happen right now given all the reactions he gets, which serve really to draw ever increasing attention to himself. That was the downside sometimes to his size among other things. Meeting up with the others, and hoping they'd had more fortune in finding answers doesn't really seem to net much, but at least a few leads come up. The biofreak encampment though has him somewhat set back on his heels. Here were times when he wished he could do more to help, but he really couldn't. He had nothing passing for local currency on him, and was presently carrying almost nothing at all, much less anything he could offer up that would have any meaningful contribution to the plight of so many. Can't help everyone unfortunately.... the huge Seljuk has to remind himself. As such he finds himself just trying to keep an eye out for anything that happened to stand out as unusual or odd amid the sea of the unusual and odd. A strange concept in some ways but sometimes one could spot things that really looked out of place. Beyond that he'd just keep an eye out for any recognizable signs of potential danger. He had few doubts that their appearance would draw at least some attention, doubly so of the unwanted sort the longer they went about things. "Watch that one of them doesn't slip up amid all this to pickpocket you." he'd cautiously advise his compatriots.
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Metri » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:58 am

-----------------------------------
Perception: 1d100 = 34 | 39%
JIC: 1d20 = 9| 1d100 = 60%
-----------------------------------
Upon seeing the suffering in the bio-freak camp, Metri rolls up his sleeves and starts setting up a triage center. Without fanfare, he enlists the aid of the beggars that approached them, "You, bring clean sheets. Cut lengthwise for bandages. If not, clean with boiling water, hmm. You and you, spread word. For next two hours, open here, health clinic is, yesss. Come back when done. Help organize patients you can."

In a matter-of-fact fashion, the Yhabbayar sets up the outdoor clinic and begins seeing whoever shows up in need of aid. Though his technical medical expertise is limited, he knows fundamentals and can augment with some of his psychic abilities. While treating patients, he will ask about their condition, learn a little bit about them and try to help as best he can. Should any of the patients remark in passing anything about missing friends or family, Metri will direct the conversation in that direction, trying to get any information he can about the parameters of the missing person (where, when, how). Additionally, when given an opportunity, he will also try to nonchalantly assess the level of surveillance in the camp (are there any cameras anywhere). Based on camera locations and the directions they are pointed, he might be able to intuit their purpose and more information about the camp.

Paramedics. 1d100 = 32 | 90% <== help treat people
Paramedics. 1d100 = 97 | 90% <== help treat people
Paramedics. 1d100 = 82 | 90% <== help treat people
Intelligence. 1d100 = 8 | 64% <== Missing persons information
Intelligence. 1d100 = 16 | 64% <== Cameras and what they mean.
User avatar
Metri
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:52 am
Location: Phase World PC (Adventurers)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:18 am

Perception: 1d100 = 2
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 99
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding wrote:Oh, very well. On a magic-less mudball such as this, any supernatural evil should stand right out. You’ll be able to sense it yourself through our link.

Sorrenson's eyes widen as his vision changes and he is able to see evil. Whoa! I can See Evil, like actually see it! He exclaims internally.
Yes, Mister Sorrenson, yes you can. The Amulet replies. It does not sound enthused. Oh my, your friend Iktinos... Is he safe to be around?
Sorrenson looks over at Icky and notes the taint he can see with his new vision. Um, I think so. His Warlock PA got tainted and it tainted him a bit I guess. Gosh. Now you point that it out it doesn't look good does it?
No. Not at all. the amulet replies drily. He really should see someone about that.
So what other psychic powers do you have that we can share? Sorrenson asks the amulet.
The amulet groans. Then it sighs. Then sighs again. Very well, here we go. First of all let us establish a few guidelines. Well one, of upmost importance, for now and I reserve the right to add more in the future. here it is: I am not your psychic bitch. Or your telepathic play thing, or a replacement for whatever empathic void you're carrying. I AM NOT YOUR F*CKING PSYCHIC BITCH. Got it?
Sorrenson raises his eyebrows and silently mouths the word 'Okay' as replies telepathically - Okay. He has no idea where this little outburst came from. Although right now he is still shocked that the Amulet actually used a curse word, two even! Let alone it actually shouted at him. Um, You feeling okay dude?
With the sense that the Amulet is straightening out it's hair, or somehow pulling itself back together it replies. Yes. I do feel adequately fine thank you. Even relieved perhaps. It pauses. I have found that in this aspect of my relationship with my bound individual it is best to establish very clear boundaries. Mister Sorrenson, I have a full range of psychic sensitive powers I can share with you. I can share them with you at your request. I am... content to do so, on the provision that you limit your requests to when my psychic assistance is absolutely necessary.
Sorrenson nods slowly. So you can share your psychic powers but you don't really want to? Is that it?
The amulet pauses. That is an accurate assessment of my feelings on this matter.

Sorrenson just nods again. "Fair enough." He says out loud. He can't help but be disappointed though. The amulet groans. Mister Sorrenson I do apologize for my outburst. You have not overstepped my goodwill in this regard. Yet. In the past I have been subjected to constant, repeated, inane requests for my psychic attentions to be given to some trifling matter. Please see that you refrain from doing so. In the meantime here is a demonstration: See Aura and Telepathy. Sorrenson's vision alters again and he can see auras. He also get the impression that his ears are sort of popping and he can, when he focuses on someone hear their thoughts. His eyes flit from person to person in the crowd and if he focuses on them he listens into their surface thoughts. He sees the value of this immediately and scans the crowd for unusual auras. When he listens in to thoughts he passes from one head to another quickly. He's searching for something, something different from what most of the people here are thinking. maybe an off-world accent, Someone using proper G vocab and not the local dialect, a more focused way of thinking... He doesn't know.

Then he makes what is probably a mistake. He see Juan and focuses in on this thoughts. "Hey Juan, Check it out! I'm a telepath now!" he says mentally.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Chef Icky » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:14 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 83/43%
JIC: 1d100 = 20/1d20 = 20

- ISP: 44/48 at the end of this post

Metri wrote:I am in complete agreement. Our collective convergence here is far too unlikely to be a coincidence. What remains a mystery though is whether the driver of the convergence is in service to the Light, or Darkness. For example, have we been brought here because the Cosmic Forge requires our troubleshooting capabilities at a linchpin in events that are unfolding to prevent encroaching Darkness? Or have we stepped into a trap of sorts, carefully laid out by the forces of Darkness. It could, of course, certainly be both. And may ultimately not matter. I am, however, very grateful to see you again. Grateful to see Oradro again. And a tiny part of me is also hopeful to see Zem once more. But if the latter is true, then we will be embroiled in some event on a scale where two cosmo-knights are required... An event or series of events that may be larger than our small squad's capacity to bear. Metri's words conclude with a mixture of sadness that Icky can easily interpret as feelings of loss for teammates that have perished in service to their causes.


Icky's eyes go wide and quickly looks around. Wait, what the frag? What in the Hades Twelve is going on here, Boog? You can actually hear me? He glances at Metri and sees his grin. Well I'll be consarned with a vibro-spatula. I guess you can.

Metri wrote:As quickly as the melancholy descends, it lifts even faster as another thought trips across Metri's mind. You've developed telepathic powers! That's amazing! Color me concerned that the rest of the team will become jealous of our unspoken dialogues. We should consider trying to develop body movement cues akin to a 'secret handshake'.


The minotaur chuckles softly. Looks like maybe I am at that, chummer. Guess I'm just full of surprises -- even to myself. If you don't mind, though, I'd like to keep this close to the hoof for the time being. First, I'd like to get some practice in before we let anyone else in on this little secret if you're game to help. Second, anything we can keep 'Sister Suicide' from finding out about us puts us at an advantage. She's been fed some very specific information that you can't get just by tuning into on the HoloNet, and while Meatball doesn't seem too concerned about it I'm worried about how she's getting her intel and from who. And she passed his old buddy something when we left out, so until I know for sure about the nature of his relationship with her I suggest we be rather careful about what we say to him. I can't put my finger on it, Boog, but something ain't right about her even beyond her 'no innocents so strap on that bomb already' goat rope. There's something physically wrong with her. Like... like... that's it! He snaps his fingers. Remember those Raksashas that had copied Thraxus' image the night of the invasion? It's like she's trying to do something like that but she's got some details wrong. Yeah, it's like she's trying to copy a humie but doing it from memory, or pictures, or something. Boog -- what if she's not the real Haad lady, assuming she's a real person to begin with? If that's the case, then who is she really? And why infiltrate the resistance?

His brow furrows. I'm almost sorry I opened up that can of worms, and if I'm right we've wandered into yet another situation that's way bigger than us. Even more so than we thought it was when we signed up. But hey, that's what makes us mighty. Big gorram heroes, ya know? He smiles to himself. You know, I normally don't like others inside my noggin but you're welcome anytime. If you want to work on a 'secret handshake' that's copacetic but for now what say we just 'knock' first?

Dark Lord wrote:While Sorrenson, Oradro, Mara, and Kaedras do as instructed and stay put in the square Starchief meets Juan, Icky, and Metri after you all have finished your conversations or other interactions with the marketplace denizens. With information about the closest homeless encampment in-hand, Metri points the way for you to go and you exit the square. While the marketplace was full of the downtrodden and the down-on-their-luck, here the full spectrum of human (or in this case, Seeronian) misery is on display. From what you can see, the camp is almost entirely populated by bio-freaks- many of whom, you can’t tell whether they are sick or simply the victims of particularly debilitating mutations. But from the amount of coughing going on, there is likely something going around. The erratic behavior of several other denizens of the camp also suggests some pretty serious mental illness; a grim reminder that the Seeronian health care system isn’t exactly a priority under the Tarlok regime. Starchief thinks he spots the pickpocket he noticed earlier entering a small, fenced-off area guarded by a rather imposing bruiser. All of you, however, attract immediate notice upon your arrival despite your efforts at staying incognito. Three separate individuals ask you for any spare change you might have within minutes of your arrival.


Icky frowns at the fact the group has been so easily spotted. So much for blending in. We might as well have LED signs flashing above our heads. When the panhandlers come up he gently puts up his hand.
"Sorry, chums, but I'm all outta change at da moment. But I do got somethin'..." he reaches into his backpack and pulls out his ration packs. "Dionysus knows I wish I could do more, but it's all I got. Bon appetit." He keeps an eye out on his gear to make sure the locals don't help themselves to more of it. So I can 'talk' one-on-one with someone via telepathy... let's see if I can pick up surface thoughts like T-paths are supposed to be able to do... He relaxes his thoughts and tries to 'listen' with his mind instead of his ears. However, his ears do pick up something in particular:

Juan Echo wrote:"I bet you that's where we can find the Resistance. We should go up there and see if they'll take us in. Urqos Icky and I look tough enough, and they might want to see someone from their good-old-bad-old days."


"Ya sure dat's a good idea, Chuckles?" Icky raises an eyebrow. "We ain't under dere radar no more. In fact, we stick out 'ere like a roast capra leg on top o' a comosus upside-down cake. Any info network worth da salt is likely already spreadin' word dat da Magic crew's made da scene. We might as well build up as much goodwill as we can -- an' I reckon Boog's got a pretty good idea goin' over dere." He jams his thumb in the general direction of Metri's impromptu clinic as he glances over to Starchief. "But it's yer call, chief. I reckon I could use some sparrin' practice."

If Starchief thinks Juan's idea has merit, he'll go along with it and join the god in looking for some action. Otherwise he'll give Metri a hand with any heavy lifting of litters, patients, etc., while the whole time keeping a watchful eye out on his surroundings.

Skill Checks
Detect Ambush -- 1d100 = 89/89% (checking for areas that could be prime spots for ambushes or those who may be about to launch one)
Detect Concealment -- 1d100 = 62/79% (checking for things that have been hidden from casual observation)
Lore: Galactic/Alien -- 1d100 = 10/30% (trying to identify any non-native races in the crowd)
Food is da universal language, an' me galley is da universal translator. Don't ya mess wit' either one while I'm 'round. Or even when I ain't 'round.

Please do not PM this account -- send your PMs to AGM account The Bos instead. Thanks!

------------------------------

- Max Bodily MDC: 187 ... Max ISP: 48 ... Max PPE: 12
- Armor Max MDC: 120 ... Force Field Max MDC: 110
- Natural Abilities: HF 11 ... 100’ nightvision (can see in total darkness) ... Fire/cold does 1/2 damage ... Fatigues at half rate of normal humans ... Lift 3,600 lbs & carry 1,800 lbs ... Jump 21.6’ across/10.8’ high standing; 54’ across/27’ high with running start
- Combat Notes: 8 APM ... +3 initiative; +11 strike; +13 parry; +14 dodge; +4 roll, disarm; +8 pull; +21 PS bonus ... Critical Strike on an unmodified 18-20 ... Boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d6 melees ... Paired Weapons ... Body flip/throw
User avatar
Chef Icky
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Mara » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:22 pm

Perception: 1d100 = 8 / 65% (95% when dealing with vampires or undead)
JiC: 1d20 = 1 1d100 = 56

Conditions: Maybe - Rose (30)-- 6 min, 3 healing touches per min 3D6 SDC and 1D6 HP (or 1d6+3 M.D.)

Mara has seen her share of these kinda camps over the years, but with the mutations forced upon them, this is worse than most. This is a revolting state for anyone to leave in, especially on your home planet. They are living worse than refugees, but this is their world. She approaches Metri as he is setting up shop, "Excuse me Metri, I know we barely know one another, but I'd like to help these poor souls if I can. We Slayers are built to wreck havoc, so I have no skills at diagnosing the ills of others, However, I can perform a few healing touches as necessary. By the boils on Ares' nether region this is no way to live on one's home-world. So if you need it, I'll be here." Outside of assisting Metri, Mara will keep her eyes peeled for threats or anything worth noticing. She falls back into her old training, These camps are always a good place for bloodsuckers to show up. Wonder if they have a vampiric problem on this world.

Intelligence-- 1d100 = 68 / 71%
Lore: Dimension-- 1d100 = 49 / 61%
Detect Ambush-- 1d100 = 17 / 61%
Mara Archerean

PPE: 278 / 288
ISP: 85 / 85
MDC: 381
H.F.: 14
Heart in Chains Tattoo: 450/450 MDC(inactive)

Constant: Sixth Sense

Soundtrack:
''Zombie'' by Damned Anthem
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life (Ghost in the Machine Remix)
Adele vs. Linkin Park - Set Fire To The End
Tomorrow We Fight
User avatar
Mara
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:16 am

<Rolls carry>
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs
Urqos Icky wrote:"Ya sure dat's a good idea, Chuckles?" Icky raises an eyebrow. "We ain't under dere radar no more. In fact, we stick out 'ere like a roast capra leg on top o' a comosus upside-down cake. Any info network worth da salt is likely already spreadin' word dat da Magic crew's made da scene. We might as well build up as much goodwill as we can -- an' I reckon Boog's got a pretty good idea goin' over dere." He jams his thumb in the general direction of Metri's impromptu clinic as he glances over to Starchief. "But it's yer call, chief. I reckon I could use some sparrin' practice."

"Good points, Urqos Icky," Juan replies with a nod. He looks to Starchief and says, "What does the native son say? Do we see if we can make good with the Resistance's recruiters, or help Urqos Metri and ply some more intel from the locals at the camp? Either option seems like a good use of our time."

If Starchief opts to avoid the fenced-in area altogether, Juan will join Metri in aiding the bio-freaks. Juan doesn't know much about alien physiology in general but he knows how to make a sentient being, divine or not, feel better (Holistic Medicine (65%/55%): 1d100 = 16/1d100 = 77). He can see that the people are suffering, and makes his best efforts. Unfortunately, the camp lacks any natural vegetation, and Juan quickly realizes that that there isn't enough booze and drugs in the area to give one person a good trip, let alone aid everyone here. Instead, he will opt to lay hands on anyone that is ill (Increased healing, 10 I.S.P.).
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Dark Lord » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:58 pm

In the camp, you all react to the despair and suffering on display in your own ways. To their credit, Icky’s and Metri’s first instincts are to help- the former handing out the few ration packs that he can spare, the latter moving to the more critically ill people in the area and doing what he can to stabilize their condition. All the while, the duo remains in telepathic communication with one another- only the occasional facial tic or chuckle betraying the fact that there’s something else going on beneath the surface. Icky’s ration-packs are snatched up almost immediately ((deduct from character sheet as you see fit Icky)), while Metri soon finds himself under siege with moans and calls for aid. With Icky’s ‘donation’ having earned a bit of goodwill, he endeavors to enlist the beneficiaries in helping him set up a makeshift triage center. However most of the beggars scamper off without so much as a backwards glance- only about a quarter of the original dig up even passable approximations of the materials Metri requests. Rags abound- clean ones, not so much. And water? Forget it. Still, Metri moves over to a vacant lot near the entrance and does what he can with the materials at hand.

Mara tags along too, despite Starchief’s orders that she remain at the marketplace, and offers to use her tattoo magic on serious cases. But for the time being, at least, Metri decides to keep Mara’s offer in reserve. Some basic first aid suffices to treat many of the injuries he sees- broken limbs and contusions for the most part. However, while his experience working with the resistance taught him that the basic Seeronian anatomy is remarkably similar to that of the galactic standard human, he also knows that the variety of mutations afflicting the population add an exponential increase to the difficulty of treating them. The infectious diseases raging through the camp could be anything- tracing any outbreaks would require more people even if the whole team devoted itself to the effort, and identifying the pathogen(s) at play (much less doing something about them) would require far more training, and far better equipment, than he has at his disposal. But by far the worst problem confronting the camp’s inhabitants are the age-old foes of all mortals- malnutrition and exposure. Ultimately, even the most powerful psionic or magic healing won’t make a dent in such problems. For most of your ‘patients’, all you can do is try to make everyone as comfortable as possible. Such work is not conducive to a good mood in your average, compassionate healer but Metri (with Mara’s assistance) does what little he can and keeps his ears open for any clues that might help their investigation. A few of the beggars do spread the word about Metri’s makeshift hospital, and it isn’t long before a couple dozen new ones have lined up outside the small area where Metri is setting up. Unfortunately, they don’t talk too much, and when they do it tends to be complaints about various ailments (or the Tarlok, or the lack of food and resources).

Juan, meanwhile, has zeroed in on the guard and figures that he must be guarding something of interest. He attempts to enlist Icky in his plan, who in turn looks askance at the team leader. Starchief, however, decides it best to help Metri get set up- so that is what Icky and Juan do too. You both offer your muscles to move patients around, but few are showing up in need of that level of care. Any who witness Juan’s psionic healing immediately begin clamoring for it
Juan
There is no shortage of people seeking psychic healing- decide how many you’ll use your psi-powers on and deduct ISP accordingly.
Those of you who passed your perception rolls last round notice that the guard at the gate leaves his post at one point shortly after patients begin lining up for Metri. About 20 minutes pass, whereupon the bruiser guarding the gate along with three similarly intimidating fellows stride over, push their way through the line (not that the locals need much incentive to let them pass), and interrupt Metri with his patient. ”Lissen here, fella- this lot is private property. Mr. Bedlam don’t mind lettin’ you do whatever it is you’re doing here, but you gotta pay the rent same as everyone else. Dat’ll be 250 credits, cash up front.” Seeronian credits, you surmise.

Back at the Marketplace, Oradro gives up on getting any information on his own and concentrates on remaining nondescript and keeping an eye out for any trouble that finds his two comrades. Sorrenson, meanwhile, appears lost in thought- when in actuality he is deep in communion with his amulet. After a couple of polite misunderstandings, Sorrenson activates two more of the amulet’s abilities ((-10 ISP)), instantly filling his mind with the surface thoughts of those around him, and his vision of the auras of those nearby. Unfortunately, Juan is out of range of his telepathic communication, and those thoughts Sorrenson does here are of a rather humdrum variety. The auras are more interesting- virtually everyone indicates some sort of aberration (likely the locals’ mutation plague), but no magic and very few psychics in evidence. However, two individuals at either end of the marketplace attract Sorrenson’s notice- they are much more experienced than the civilians around them. Both appear to be engaging in behavior not unlike the group’s- keeping a low profile, and observing those around them. As you watch, one of them flags down a particularly horrendous-looking, passing bio-freak and begins talking to him earnestly.

Kaedras Starfall wrote:"I've not seen anything like what you describe, but I will look into it, and I will return your friend to you if I can." He places a hand on the Seerman's shoulder. "I too am no friend to slavers... but the ends do not justify all means. If we adopt our enemies ways, we become our enemy."
Placing his hand over Kaedras’, the Seerman says ”No, please- take me with you! I can’t just keep sitting around here waiting for word that might never come. I’m desperate- you’re the first person who actually thinks they can help! I’m begging you- I can help you, just take me with you!” Just as Kaedras is about to respond to the plea, he feels something small (like a pebble) in his right hand- the one underneath the Seerman’s. He seems to have slipped something into the gauntlet of Kaedras’ armor.

What are you doing?
Why kill a PC when you can torture them?
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dark Lord
Dimension Master
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:36 am
Location: DIMENSION MASTER: PHASE WORLD

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Sorrenson » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:53 am

Perception: 1d100 = 7
JiC d20/d100: 1d20 = 18 / 1d100 = 18
OOC Comments
PPE: 144/144
ISP: 44/44
HP: 34
SDC: 30
NE PA003 "Drudge" Industrial PA
M.D.C. by Location.
Arms (2) - 200 each
Hands (2) - 100 eacho
Legs (2) - 200 each
Sensor Cluster (head) - 50
Main Body - 400/400
TW Armor of Ithan - 0/100
Starfire Cannon ammo 32/32
NE-800 ammo 16/16 dumb missiles - 1 more clip of smart missiles available
Fusion Blocks 5/5


Drone M.D.C
-5 from main body of each
-75 from main body of Combat Drone #A
-50 from main body of Combat Drone #B

Gear on person:
Amulet of Understanding

Light mage armor: (Worn)
M.D.C. by Location
• Hood: 20
• Arms: 15 each
• Legs: 30 each
• Main Body: 50
• Armor of Ithan: 60
Modifiers: -5% to physical skills
TW enhancements (at 6th level): armor of Ithan (10), Fly as Eagle (25), Breathe without Air (5), Impervious to Energy (20)

PH 21 Phase Beamer (Worn in shoulder holster)
Damage: 3d6 s.d.c. to s.d.c. creatures, 4d6 m.d.c. to m.d.c. beings and force fields, no damage to armor.
Rate of Fire: equal to HTH
Range: 400ft
Payload: 10 shots.
3 e-clips

TW Lightblade (shaped like a long knife, worn on belt)
Damage 1d4x10 +3 m.d.
Duration: 3 minutes
p.p.e. cost to activate: 20
Double damage to Vampires and those vulnerable to light.

Mr. Sorrenson’s Harness of Awesome V 1.0

TW Converted NE-202 Slim-Line "Widow-Maker" Heavy Plasma Cartridge Pistol
• Range: 60'
• Damage: 1D4x10 M.D. (Particle Beam)
• Rate of Fire: Single shots only.
• Payload: 4 (12 P.P.E. per Shot)

Splugorth Mega-Blade

Bone Fetish

Utility/Tool Belt

Amulet of Understanding ISP: -12

Sorrenson's eyes narrow as he watches the operator talk to the Bio-freak. Ah ha! This is what I'm looking for. He thinks to himself.
The amulet focuses on the pair talking. And what exactly are you looking for Mr Sorrenson? It asks.
Someone has been disappearing Bio-freaks. That guy and the one at the other end of the market seem like just the type to me. Looks like he's currently working a mark.
A plausible assessment. The amulet agrees.

Sorrenson reaches for his comms. Then he realizes that he isn't in the Drudge. He always just uses his Drudge comms and forgot to grab comms unit. After chiding himself for his stupidity, he moves over to the nearest member of his team, Oradro and reaches out telepathically. "Heads up Oradro, Sorrenson here. I've spotted an operator working a Bio-freak mark. He's doing it right now. By the red tent thing. He's got a buddy at the other end of the market keeping watch. Let the others know. I left my comms device in my suit. Yes. I am an idiot. I'm going to get closer."
Mr Sorrenson, are you sure that's wise? You're not exactly equipped for anything resembling a fight. The amulet clearly doesn't approve.
Wise? Oh Hells no. But this is the best lead I've seen and I'm not gunna mess it up. He replies with certainty. Then his old self doubt kicks in as usual. Well, I might... probably will mess this up, but at least it won't be because I did nothing. He realizes that the amulet has a very good point, so he starts looking around for items he could focus a spell though. Something like a length of rope, or even a mop head would be good for Magic Net. Netting the operator seems like it could be a good opening move. If it worked he'd just have the other guy to worry about for a little bit. That should give the others enough time to get their act together and come help. He works his way closer to the pair, while trying to avoid being noticed by them.

He also activates the armor of Ithan enchant on his armor (-10 p.p.e.).

Prowl 1d100 = 40 61% - to get closer to the operator and Bio-freak.
User avatar
Sorrenson
Silver Level Patron
Silver Level Patron
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:13 am
Location: Phase World (Rogues)

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Kaedras Starfall » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:33 pm

Perception: 39% 1d100 = 55 (FAIL)

JIC: 1d20 = 14
1d100 = 28


unusual Seerman wrote:”No, please- take me with you! I can’t just keep sitting around here waiting for word that might never come. I’m desperate- you’re the first person who actually thinks they can help! I’m begging you- I can help you, just take me with you!”


Kaedras' initial surprise at the man slipping something into his glove is immediately mitigated by the fact his Sixth Sense did not go off. This man is not an immediate threat. Still...

Kaedras calmly removes the man's hand form his own, and then steps back, so they are no longer touching. With a direct and clear voice he says "Where I go you cannot follow. I will seek you out when I have more information. Until then, you will be my eyes and ears in this place. Exercise caution."

Impress: 45% 1d100 = 3 (Convince this man I am on serious business - CRIT SUCCESS)
Invoke Trust: 10% 1d100 = 100 (Convince this man I will look into his matter - CRIT FAIL)

He turns on his heel and leaves, seeking out the others, or at least the hustle and bustle of the marketplace. The man's behavior was odd, though borne of desperation, most like. I can only imagine the anxiety he must feel, with a friend subsumed into a dangerous organization and no way to reach her, rescue her.

When he reaches Oradro and Sorrenson, he casually removes the Seerman's stealthily-placed artifact from his glove, and examines it.
Kaedras Starfall
I.S.P.: 130/148
M.D.C.: 33/33

Psionic Crystal Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Arms: 15 each
Legs: 22 each
Main Body: 35
Psionic Force Field: 70 (Can be used 4 times per 24 hour period without I.S.P. cost to user)
User avatar
Kaedras Starfall
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Oradro » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Perception 32%: 1d100 = 97
JIC: 1d100 = 39 1d20 = 9

Surveillance 53% 1d100 = 86
Intelligence 52% 1d100 = 87
Detect Ambush 50% 1d100 = 80

Prowl: 1d100 = 83

Sorrenson wrote:Sorrenson reaches for his comms. Then he realizes that he isn't in the Drudge. He always just uses his Drudge comms and forgot to grab comms unit. After chiding himself for his stupidity, he moves over to the nearest member of his team, Oradro and reaches out telepathically. "Heads up Oradro, Sorrenson here. I've spotted an operator working a Bio-freak mark. He's doing it right now. By the red tent thing. He's got a buddy at the other end of the market keeping watch. Let the others know. I left my comms device in my suit. Yes. I am an idiot. I'm going to get closer."


The first thing Oradro would do, upon receiving the telepathic message is try to respond in kind.... only to realize, he couldn't. Nor could he recall why he'd had this instinctual desire to even try in the first place. He'd frown a moment, a few old memories hazily bubbling near the surface that didn't really help the situation much before he'd give up and just tab his comlink "Heads up, we have a potential lead. We are investigating." After that, he'd move to try and find Sorrenson's location, given that he'd been told the man didn't have a comlink to keep in touch in case he ran into trouble. By the same token, Oradro would at least attempt to keep a low profile. Not exactly an easy feat given his size alone, but still, maybe he could at least keep a discreet eye out. If Sorrenson ran into trouble, he didn't want him to be stuck all alone and without backup.

I'm really going to have to try to practice some of this stuff when I get the chance. Investigation isn't something I'm really all that good at to say the least...
Last edited by Oradro on Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oradro's Sheet
PPE: 690
MDC 340

Constant Conditions:
  • Regeneration: 1d4X10 per Minute.
  • Does not require air, food or sleep.
  • Impervious to Fire (except Magic). All other non magical energy attacks do 1/100th damage (Lasers, Particle Beams, Ion Beams etc). Physical, Magic and PSI attacks do full damage.
User avatar
Oradro
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Phase World: Galactic Adventurers

Re: [GA] The Enemy of my Enemy of my Enemy is my...?

Postby Juan Echo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:41 pm

Perception (27%): 1d100 = 14
JiC: 1d20 = 4/1d100 = 80
Gear
Armor
White tank top
Cargo shorts
Action Sandals
Splurgoth Talisman of Armor of Ithan
Weapons
2 Magical Clubs


Juan Echo joins Metri, Mara, and Icky in aiding the sick Seeronians. Having no experience with their anatomy, the Wanderer is unable to provide any real medical solutions to the worst off, not that there is much in the way of medicine or first aid material (Holistic Medicine (65%/55%): 1d100 = 87/1d100 = 88, FAIL). He does see a few other Seeronians who are in need of healing hands.* He gives them a classic Yayamama smile (Charm (80%): 1d100 = 94/ Seduction (25%): 1d100 = 15, like I said, classic Yayamama charm), and two Seeronians take him up on his offer. It takes a special kind to know a member of the Yayamama Pantheon, and as Joan Echo often muses, Jonny is his own kind of special. They come not to feel good, but rather to feel satisfied, which Juan's healing hands are more than able to do (Increased Healing, 10 I.S.P. x 2).

Before Juan can ask each of his patients to turn their heads and cough, he hears a commotion near the entrance of the makeshift clinic.
Some Urqos goon wrote:"Lissen here, fella- this lot is private property. Mr. Bedlam don’t mind lettin’ you do whatever it is you’re doing here, but you gotta pay the rent same as everyone else. Dat’ll be 250 credits, cash up front."

Juan hears Icky try to deescalate the situation, and sticks his head out to check if his help is needed. The four henchmen do not look all that intimidating. And it sounds like his teammates have the situation under hand.
Urqos Icky wrote:""We ain't gonna be 'ere too long an' ain't lookin' fer trouble, jus' goin' 'round tryin' ta 'elp people what needs it. Soon as ol' Doc Boog 'ere's done all he can, we'll be on our merry way again."

"That is true. We are providing a free service. Medical help for anyone that needs it," Juan adds with a nod. He steps behind Icky and the others, acting as backup. He then flexes his godly frame, and casts a withering look at the goons (Impress (80%): 1d100 = 67 SUCCESS). "Do any of you need assistance? None of you look mortally wounded... yet."

* Which is to say that Juan thinks they are really hot.
Last edited by Juan Echo on Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status: Juan Echo
M.D.C.: 300/300
P.P.E.: 50/50
I.S.P.: 42/76

May the rest of the Yayamama Pantheon have mercy on our SOULS!
User avatar
Juan Echo
Diamond Level Patron
Diamond Level Patron
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Phase World: The Three Galaxies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest